Speaker 1: All right, we are tired of people asking how radio still exists.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's just what your friends saying. Can you tell them that.
Speaker 3: Nobody listens to it?
Speaker 1: And that's why podcast.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: It's starting right now.
Speaker 3: It's Easter season, which means there's a decent chance you're what, it's just.
Speaker 2: Not a season, But yeah, sure it is. I always say it's spring season, and.
Speaker 3: But there and there's a decent chance you might encounter some black jelly beans.
Speaker 5: I love them.
Speaker 4: Get out of here, Jabbrook.
Speaker 3: And Jeffrey in the morning. And I bring it up because a recent survey asked people about some controversial foods and wanted to know if you find them icky, nasty or yummy delicious. There's more fun that guy. So I'm going to read off the top eight regular foods that people say. You know, and I understand Brooke that your palette is different than most fine because of your higher income. But just try to think of the average person I feel and how they feel.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just like everything.
Speaker 3: Here's the top eight that people don't like. Number eight, eighteen percent of Americans say sushi is gross.
Speaker 2: No, I'm new on the sushi train. I like it. Do you eat anything besides California rolls yet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And every crunchy rolls.
Speaker 5: You like the.
Speaker 4: Cooked Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 3: Number seven twenty percent think tofu is ick.
Speaker 2: Oh I had it for dinner last night. Well, we bake it so it's crunchy on the outside.
Speaker 1: But I mean, honestly, tofu just tastes like whatever you season it with, got the word.
Speaker 3: Toe in it, and no thanks. Number six on the list is mushrooms. Twenty four percent of people find those disgusting.
Speaker 2: My husband doesn't like him either. He says they're slimy to him. Yeah, they are fungus, emphasis on fun.
Speaker 1: Jeff put him in.
Speaker 6: My mouth like the tofa.
Speaker 7: Fair enough.
Speaker 3: Now we're into the top five here. Number five raisins. Twenty six percent can't stand them.
Speaker 2: What happened? We all ate him as kids?
Speaker 3: The world got better.
Speaker 8: A kid.
Speaker 3: Number four beats thirty percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it with some goat cheese and goat chees.
Speaker 3: Number three This might surprise some olives. Thirty two percent dislike all this, Like those.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 6: It's interesting, green ones.
Speaker 3: Any any type of olive. Thirty two percent aren't a fan.
Speaker 7: They nachos.
Speaker 5: I hate that.
Speaker 3: Oh number two, brook loves this one blue cheese forty two percent of the population, though not fans of eating molds.
Speaker 1: I've I've been on a real kick of a fried egg with some blue cheese and sour kraut.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, kiss your husband for a year.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn go onto the show Fear Factor where they make you eat the discussion shop and she'd just be like, Wow, and my leftover sholl.
Speaker 2: Eyeballs by fermented food and take.
Speaker 3: The number one controversial food. Fifty people say, get this away from me? Is black licorice?
Speaker 2: Oh, give it all to me.
Speaker 8: I do like that.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good, especially that Australian kind where it's not hollow in the center and it's so I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know that kind.
Speaker 3: What about vegemite, Australian vegemite, you haven't Okay, we have to have it. No, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: I want to try.
Speaker 3: It's really is the whole.
Speaker 9: Country like that country of criminals.
Speaker 3: Trust them. Now we got to move on. Nothing controversial about the shock collar question of this day. Zero percent ockrate with our own digital chick. Congratulations, man, take it away from us.
Speaker 10: I will get out the streamers and discount Margarita mix. Because today is National make Up your Own Holiday Day. It's a day to think of a thing, person, place, phrase, or food and create a brand new holiday around it.
Speaker 2: Block Literage Day, I declare already rot.
Speaker 10: There's literally hundreds of random holidays that people have officially registered online. For example, October twenty first is National Count your Buttons Day, while June third is International Sloth Appreciation Day, where we're supposed to walk around as slowly and deliberately as possible everywhere you go.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 10: For today's trivia, we're doing a special Strange Festivities edition.
Speaker 3: Of plenty of twenty. You pick a number one through twenty.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you about a random holiday, and you just need to decide if it's been really registered or if I just made it up.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tricky.
Speaker 6: Is smart and funny, so I bet you it's gonna be tricky.
Speaker 10: We'll start with the woman who treats every day like it's Saint Patrick. Well, just check her thermos. That's Brooke fox Brook. Give me a number one through twenty.
Speaker 3: Please, let's go.
Speaker 10: Twelve Fantasy Pet Parade Day It's a whimsical holiday where people dress up their imaginary pets and then parade them through the streets, celebrating imagination in the bond between humans and their pretend pets.
Speaker 3: Brook is that holiday reel.
Speaker 8: Or made up.
Speaker 2: I would love first they made up, but then.
Speaker 1: My little niece, she had an imaginary owl for a while.
Speaker 3: Brook killed and ate the imaginary.
Speaker 6: I hit it with my car.
Speaker 1: It's just so outlandish, but I'm still gonna say that it's real.
Speaker 10: I could see it, Brook said, Reel Fantasy Pet Parade Day is at It's sad. If you thought people did do that, Let's go to Alexis. Alexis, give me a number one through twenty and don't say twelve. Global Dinosaur Disco Day. It's a groovy holiday where people gather a day Dan's the night away in dinosaur costumes with a prehistoric playlist and fossil themed decorations that transforms the dance floor into a Jurassic era discothech. Let's just do people really celebrate that day.
Speaker 3: Brooke was just singing that dinosaur dancing song the other day.
Speaker 1: I did it open the doors on the floor, everybody walk dancing song.
Speaker 3: I don't know you dance like a dinosaur in it.
Speaker 2: I did dance too, Okay, so we got a song down.
Speaker 1: People love dressing up in any costume.
Speaker 2: Especially those inflatable t rexes. They're still so funny to be and I still find those.
Speaker 6: The best ten years running.
Speaker 11: Now, all right, I'm kivin's.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it's true.
Speaker 10: Jake Alexis says, Global Dinosaur Disco Day is real. Global Dinosaur Disco Day is.
Speaker 2: You should start making up holidays.
Speaker 12: I like that.
Speaker 10: I know I will, but I'm not gonna share any of them with you. I don't say it's your turn. Give me number one through twenty.
Speaker 8: Please.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go eleven because I like to live.
Speaker 10: And eleven and twelve so far. Jose The International Underpants Olympics. Every year, they hold a two day weekend event in the summer where participants compete in ridiculous challenges while wearing nothing but their fanciest and funniest underpants.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 10: Events range from synchronized sock sorting to the tidy whitey Tug of war?
Speaker 6: Is that real or made up?
Speaker 8: See?
Speaker 9: It's funny because it sounds made up, But then you think of like the Florid Demand games that just happened.
Speaker 1: Well, they also do the no pants ride where everybody rides a subway or public transit rides.
Speaker 9: They have like Cupid underruns. So I think people love being in their underwear. I'm gonna say this is true.
Speaker 10: Jake Jose thinks it's real. The International Underpants Olympics are.
Speaker 1: All up.
Speaker 6: Is there any holidays?
Speaker 2: There seems like more work for you.
Speaker 6: Ja holidays.
Speaker 10: Jeff didn't even need to answer a question. You've won the fake holiday Dad, all right, that was plenty of plenty.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to me for not even having to go. So I get to choose to get shot today that's never happened, and they're gonna be singing. Get the party started by pink. Let's go with the person whose birthday we always forget every year, So it's forget Jose's birthday day.
Speaker 7: It does.
Speaker 6: All right coming up, so you better. Yeah, this body's not that I'm coming out.
Speaker 4: I'm God.
Speaker 3: After a shock collar question of the day at Shot Color Cross in the day day.
Speaker 5: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: In the wild West, there was only one way to prove you were better than someone, and that was to challenge them to a duel. Yeah, only one leave standing. And in radio, we still operate under the laws of the wild West.
Speaker 2: Wait are you what?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not challenging you. I would never dare I'm just saying we still operate under wild West rules. Never drink anything weaker than whiskey. No peeing in the studio. Spatoon, Yes we have one. And if you've got a problem with the music, take it up with the sheriff. Sheriff Fox, charge sapsuckers like you for lunch. And if you dare challenge her to a match of quick draw trivia, then God help you. The standoff goes down at high noon or a little earlier than that, because we're a morning show. Cool to say it, We're gonna do it. Coming up right now. We got a brand new player on the phone. His name is Daniel, and he is a man's man because he he likes to do masculine things like working on cars. And I'm guessing you can tighten a lug nut using just his teeth. It, I don't know. You gotta ask Daniel. He's the pro. What's up, Daniel?
Speaker 13: Not too much?
Speaker 7: How you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Oh man? Daniel cool, calm and collected. Aren't you somewhat okay?
Speaker 3: Can you hear how threatened she is by you, Daniel, by your masculinity?
Speaker 7: Uh? Maybe, I don't know. She seems kind of calm right now.
Speaker 6: She gets very intimidated by man.
Speaker 1: I like masculinity. That's kind of sexy, all right, kind of lean into it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In like ten words that he's spoken, he's already turned to Brooke on. So we're gonna send her out of the studio. Good work, Daniel. Let's go over the rules for everybody. You got thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you do have to beat Brooke outright if you want to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Okay? I'm ready?
Speaker 3: All right, that's the.
Speaker 8: Luck my man.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Your time starts now. Today is National Spinach Day, so we know pop by the sailorman celebrating what's the name of his girlfriend? Ask how many stars are in the Subaru logo? Two four or six.
Speaker 7: Four?
Speaker 3: What European nationality was? Artist Vincent Van Gohs from nineteen ninety three to the year two thousand. Who is America's first lady? How many time zones. Does Florida have two three or four?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 3: Right, Daniel, round over? How do you feel like you did there?
Speaker 7: I'm just happy if I get one, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Setting the bar low for yourself. That's okay. And I see him my screener here that Daniel works for a glass company installing glass on like windshields and cars and stuff. He's a handy man, just like your husband, Brooke.
Speaker 7: I'm actually on a job right now.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest piece of glass you've ever broken?
Speaker 6: Cool?
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's kind of like those quarter glasses on those bands that there's so long to what we have to have?
Speaker 7: Two people said that would be.
Speaker 6: So though, It's like, what do you see glass? No ice break?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 1: When it's your job and you just do you have to pay for it out of your own pocket if you break something on the job.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I'll work for a big enough company. They pay for basically anything that we damage, but I try not to damage it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so you're a good employee, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or just free smash day over at Daniel's Yea, yeah, it doesn't work, mad.
Speaker 6: A lot of glass getting broken.
Speaker 3: Ready, there you go, Brooke, turn. You're ready, Yeah, I'm ready. Your time starts now. Today is National Spinach Day, so we know pop By the Sailorman is celebrating. What's the name of his girlfriend, Olive Oil. How many stars are in the Subaru logo?
Speaker 8: Two?
Speaker 3: Four or six four? What European nationality was artist Vincent van go It Spanish from nineteen ninety three to the year two thousand. Who was America's first lady?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Hillary Clinton?
Speaker 3: How many time zones does Florida have? Two? Three or four?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 3: The initials XO on a bottle of koonyak stand for extra what?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oxygen?
Speaker 3: This actually might be closer than the experts think today. There's only one way to find out, and that's by heading on over to the scoreboard with.
Speaker 1: Jose Oh, I love trash, anything dirty, your dingy, you're dusty?
Speaker 6: Yeahs I love that episode. Daniel, you got zero?
Speaker 10: Oh man?
Speaker 6: Was Jeff Wright? Was it close.
Speaker 3: Past?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Brooke wins with three.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you out that anyway. I'm sorry about that, Daniel. Let's go over the answers for everybody. It's National Spinach Day. Pop By the Sailorman loves spinach and his girlfriend is olive oil.
Speaker 2: I've heard they're doing a remake of the Popeye movie.
Speaker 6: I would love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where they're in like a throupple, it's like a modern one.
Speaker 6: We're polyamorous.
Speaker 3: How many stars are in the Subaru logo? Brook, you drove a subar It's six stars?
Speaker 15: That many?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seems excessive.
Speaker 3: Daniel's busy looking at the glass on the cars he works. He doesn't look at the low true the European nationality of artist Vincent van go Brook. I thought you majored in art that is from space. It's from the Netherlands. He's Dutch, so better return that art degree from Montela.
Speaker 1: I wasn't very good at art history, Yeah, I was good better at making art.
Speaker 3: From nineteen ninety three to two thousand, America's first Lady was Hillary Clinton. Florida has two time zones in it. The eastern portion is Central Time, the rest of it is Eastern Time. And the initials XO on a bottle of Kognak stand for extra old.
Speaker 2: The first I think in hugs and kisses that was after you drink it.
Speaker 3: It has to be a minimum of ten years to age in order for it to be considered ex.
Speaker 2: I taking of Picasso when you say go, yeah.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, Daniel, I'm sorry it wasn't enough to beat Brooke, but just for playing, you do win a twenty five dollars Disney gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park, or online in the Disney Store.
Speaker 7: All right, well, thank you.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: How was your experience with us, Daniel? What would you rate it?
Speaker 11: Oh? Well, first time. I'm kind of just porn.
Speaker 7: Myself because I didn't get the super question right.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of glass getting broken today, Daniel, frustration you have.
Speaker 6: A window getting installed today.
Speaker 3: Watch Thanks for playing, man, come back and try again anytime. Okay, thank you. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, guys, but when I think of amusement parks, I think of screaming children, sticky foods, the smell of fresh summer vomit outside the gravit truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And one of our listeners knows exact actly what I'm talking about because he spent the last six years working at a theme park.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: And not only has he been taking full advantage of the regular perks that come with the job. He's found a super secret, maybe unethical perk oh okay, and his company has no idea this has been happening, he says, though he's about to quit anyway, So why not finally come on and tell the whole world when we do a brand new mass speaker coming up right after this you don't hear me confession, I can't take back earl arms.
Speaker 8: Little mouse speaker.
Speaker 3: Text into seventy eight five nine two says, sometimes when I'm being intimate with my husband, I'll imagine that he's Captain crunch.
Speaker 2: Oh out of all the captains.
Speaker 6: That's what you're going with.
Speaker 3: I guess, Uberry, I guess it's better than like a three way with snap crackling Pop. But it really seems like something you should be talking to your therapist about. But if you can't forward therapist, or if you think therapists are evil or something, you can always unload your weird confessions onto us. Okay, Yeah, with this segment called the mass Speaker, and one of our listeners is ready to unload onto us. He's chosen the fake name Kenny, So Kenny, Welcome to Discount Therapy with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Hey, what's so happy to be here that you are?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 6: Kenny, your voice is all weird. It's like, this is probably what discount therapy sounds like.
Speaker 2: All the door is definitely in a back alley somewhere.
Speaker 3: What Kenny, our voice changer is on. You're now the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready to go ahead, give us your confession.
Speaker 8: Okay. So the work in the amusement park?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean is it fun? Do you like it?
Speaker 8: I thought it would be fun. It's not as fun working there as it is going there, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is an accredited amusement park.
Speaker 2: Like what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Are you like a carney, like not one run out of like your home or something.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we don't move.
Speaker 2: Okay, what home amusement parks?
Speaker 3: And there's some weird stuff out there. I can send you a link if you want it.
Speaker 2: I don't want it.
Speaker 6: If they have a bounty house, I consider it amusing.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So I mean does it matter what you do at the amusement parker?
Speaker 8: Yeah? When I started, I was like basically a janitor, okay, but now ironically I'm a floater.
Speaker 2: He laughs, you got the right humor for this show, sir.
Speaker 8: Well, it just means you bounced around. So you get to do like a little bit of everything at the park, Like you can do concessions.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's got to be nice not having to be like stuck at one ride the entire day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it still sucks, but it sucks less.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, it sucks less is a good way to describe work.
Speaker 8: Yeah. But because I've been there about like six years now, I sort of got like some of the interworkings of the parks down.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I've afforded myself a few luxuries here and there.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, Yeah, you get a free funnel cake every once in a while.
Speaker 8: You know. Even better, like the part of the park tells beer, and I figured out a way to get some beer, like one hundred percent off.
Speaker 1: Whoa, so you're stealing beer before you're operating the rides.
Speaker 8: I am obtaining it one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Off to intercept the kegs or something like what.
Speaker 8: I've found a way to get a great discount on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, case.
Speaker 2: You're getting one hundred percent off beer at work.
Speaker 8: And then there's a we have like a nurse, you know, for like kids to get nauseous, or like people have crip their knee because they're thronk.
Speaker 4: Or something or they just fell.
Speaker 8: But okay, yeah, well when it's empty, I've befriended this nurse and she'll just let me nap in the nurse That.
Speaker 6: Is so cool.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure you give her some of that hundred percent off beer compensation.
Speaker 8: Give her more than that. Baby, You're no, that was a lie.
Speaker 1: I will Okay, So you're getting drunk pass it out at work, it's.
Speaker 6: Kind of cool. I mean, I don't see the big deal.
Speaker 2: Here, you don't, Yeah, figures.
Speaker 1: Okay, And there's there more to this confession, because that feels like a lot to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Well there's one big one that I've been getting away with for a while, okay, and that's like, well, the park is pretty stingy. Like you think that they would let us get like friends and family discount or whatever, but all we get is like one off coop on the month.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I thought there was like a list that you get where you could have people going for free from there's.
Speaker 2: So many people that work at those places. I mean, it would be hundreds of free passion and.
Speaker 6: It kind of makes sense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, how would this company ever part with a couple hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: I get it?
Speaker 3: Okay, So what do you do?
Speaker 8: So when I have friends that want to comes to park the next day, I leave work with this black duffel bag that I usually like bring my water bottle and stuff in the Unbeknownst to people, I have located a handful of old mascot costumes that are no longer used anymore, like okay, and so I'll take those and then I'll give them to my buddies. And then the next morning they'll show up early, like right at the park before it opens, you know, in full mascot costumes, and security just waves them in.
Speaker 3: Oh so brilliant. Security doesn't even check their credentials, just like oh yeah, a big bear in a big rabbit, just let them.
Speaker 9: Sh My god, that's actually cool, dude.
Speaker 1: I can't get over like adult men dressing up in costume to seek into an amusement park.
Speaker 6: But I so way do they take off?
Speaker 9: Like if they want to go on a ride, do you go to the bathroom and then take off the mascot outfit or do they just leave them.
Speaker 6: On and like run rampant.
Speaker 8: So they usually just go into the bathroom, they have their like actual clothes on, they take them off, they wait maybe twenty thirty minutes until the park actually opened, and then they put them in this trash can that nobody ever uses, and then I just go and pick it up out of that trust give wow.
Speaker 3: Dumpster outfits.
Speaker 1: That is a lot of trust in your friends, because at one point you're gonna have one buddy who just loves the notoriety of being a mascot.
Speaker 6: I love kids. I'd be taking pictures exactly, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, until you've never gotten caught doing this, sneaking your friends in No.
Speaker 8: I've probably done it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: So now they're like, hey, when did we re sign the old maskot?
Speaker 3: Just tell me you don't take those costumes home and use them for anything else.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't want that, Jeffrey right, give.
Speaker 6: Him a few beers.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I'm going to keep your phone number here then, but remember text into seven eighty five nine too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Phone tabs coming up.
Speaker 5: Next frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: If you haven't heard lately, we've been getting a lot of scam calls to our hotline here at work.
Speaker 2: Somebody like sould our number or something more.
Speaker 3: Than what's going on. For months, we didn't do anything about it except hang up on them till the other day when we decided, you know what, We're not going to take this lying down anymore. I mean, we are lying down in the studio a lot, taking naps, but you know what I mean in this context, we decided if a scammer ever calls us, we're going to put them on the radio and just mess with them.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's actually going to sit up to do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly what jose did. You're gonna hear it in your phone tap right now.
Speaker 13: Hello, Hello, good afternoon. I'm looking to speak with a person in charge of the merchant bill. Are they available to speak with?
Speaker 4: Yees? Who am I speaking with?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 13: My name is Kim. I'm actually calling us a courtesy update in behalf of the merchant services.
Speaker 14: To be giving me a call. I don't get a lot of calls. Sorry, sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 13: We're just trying to process the remaining credits and that I owe to the business back to you guys. Just the compromiser of this is uh, imperial jewels.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I buying a lot of imperial jewels. How much you?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 13: These are funds that are owed to your business or you owe me money? That is correct? The connected to the credit card processor.
Speaker 4: Yay.
Speaker 14: I mean this is very curney. You're very nice, and then you offer me money. I feel like, I is there anything I can do for you?
Speaker 13: That can I have only your first name, so I can note here that I spoke with you today, and also for the callback is Edward.
Speaker 14: Edwards my friends coming Staddy Eddie though that's my real link.
Speaker 4: That's when you're in.
Speaker 13: Answer of Eddie before this one gets adored.
Speaker 15: Actually, yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Are you single?
Speaker 14: Because you could call me more than more than just like once a month.
Speaker 4: Are you single?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 13: Not any war darn it.
Speaker 4: I missed out on my queen. I would treat you. I'm rich now, by the way.
Speaker 13: Good freezer.
Speaker 4: I want to leave your man. I got I got fired. I've never been married.
Speaker 13: Oh good for you. You can still enjoy.
Speaker 4: And I'm a virgin saving myself.
Speaker 13: Just to continue story could I just double check real quick that you're still accepting credit card pavements by a machine?
Speaker 14: I don't think you've heard me. I don't get a lot of women here when I said.
Speaker 13: That, yes, sir, of Unfortunately, I just need look listen.
Speaker 14: I just found out that I came into a large amount of money.
Speaker 4: I just want the best tip.
Speaker 14: Ever.
Speaker 4: What can I do to a woman to get her to love me?
Speaker 13: I don't really have any.
Speaker 4: What about a pickup line? Is that funny? Like on this one?
Speaker 14: I just thought of are you at school of boss? Because I'd like to put my kids in you?
Speaker 13: Anyways, obser I be just to confirm the you pasity cost to the customer or do you charge additional fees?
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 4: I do charge an additional fee as one compliment.
Speaker 15: And we did go through for the online like, hold on a second, are you there?
Speaker 13: I'm still here? Credit cards?
Speaker 4: You want the car a card number? Sorry, my inhaler.
Speaker 13: You need to confirm like the credit card processor that you're using for the business.
Speaker 4: Oh, I use visa.
Speaker 13: How do you spell that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Here is v I s a visa.
Speaker 13: Visa, that's visa.
Speaker 4: I've been saying it wrong. No wonder someone.
Speaker 14: Someone asked for my credit card the other day at the store, and then they said, well, what what is that I'm going to put in anually? And I said, it's a Viva Loud And I didn't know why you right now?
Speaker 13: So, uh, for visas again, it's okay, for the visa.
Speaker 4: For the machine.
Speaker 13: What's the name of the machine?
Speaker 14: It's called a v Oh my god, I just remembered. I have to go, Okay, hey, can you call me later? Can you call me back in like five hours.
Speaker 13: We'll I try to call you back, and I'll try to.
Speaker 14: Find that machine too, and then we'll and then we'll fall in love and then you'll give.
Speaker 4: Me my money.
Speaker 13: So okay, I love you? What's the credit card?
Speaker 16: By the Weeke up every morning was Foom Taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: No wedding goes off one hundred percent perfectly.
Speaker 4: Oh that's true.
Speaker 3: Each one has something that goes just like a little bit wrong. And if you're a guest, your job is to lie to the bride and say mistake. Well, no, it's perfect, I mean sure. The shrimp bar gave everybody instant food poisoning, but who cares. It was like a little fun diet we all needed to have any wet ye And one of our listeners says he just can't do that because he feels like all of the guests, including himself, got scammed by the bride at the wedding, which is a pretty bold accusation to make, but once we heard the story, we all agreed with him. So now he needs our help to confront the bride in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. We're doing it next. It's awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: What's the worst thing that's happened at a wedding before?
Speaker 2: Good question? I mean I was actually thinking the groom not showing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be sad. There's drunken fights that happen, weird family hookups. I know at Brooks wedding, one of my former co hosts stole some presents off the gift table.
Speaker 2: It makes that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, the statute of limitations has probably been reached, so you can't even do anything. But one of our listeners is upset today after he attended a friend's wedding and some information came out. It could be worse than any of the things that I just mentioned there. His name is Corey, So Corey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hey guys, how you doing. Thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Met some I know, I'm excited to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's going on. You went to a wedding recently?
Speaker 11: I did? I did. I went to a wedding of one of my really good friends. You know, I've known the bride since college and I'm really tight with her and her now husband.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you like them both?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I love them both. They're great people. You know, I've had a lot of good memories with them and stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what happened?
Speaker 3: Are you a better fit for her than the husband is?
Speaker 11: No, thankfully that's not the case. So, like, I think she kind of like scammed me.
Speaker 2: Scammed scammed the bride scammed you.
Speaker 11: Like, not just me, but like I think she scammed like her and her husband, they scammed the entire party all my.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a huge accusation.
Speaker 11: I know it's a weird thing to say, but like both the bride and groom have family and friends, were big drinkers. Okay, it's just like the culture of that group of people. Yeah, and totally cool. I drink a lot too, and like they had a cash bar, so everyone's paying for their own drinks.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, I will say just in terms of like cost, like if you don't have the funds, it makes sense. And also it's a good way to keep people not getting quite as drunk. Yeah, it is like free free alcohol.
Speaker 2: People are wasted, But would they have to pay for it?
Speaker 3: If you want to have a boring wedding charge people drink? Why is that relevant?
Speaker 11: Well, a few hours into the reception, after everything went down, and I'm sitting at one of the tables having a beer with the groom, just kind of chilling, hanging out. And the groom at this point is pretty tipsy and we're tight, so I mean he leans over and he's like leaning on me, and he's kind of like conspiratorily talking to me. He's like, okay, you want to hear something funny, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, nothing funny ever comes out of that cent.
Speaker 11: I was like what I couldn't even imagine what was going to come out of his mouth. And he was just like all the booze money here. It was right, had.
Speaker 2: To paying for the bar, right, is that what he means?
Speaker 11: So, like your reaction was my reaction. I was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: I would hope so.
Speaker 11: And so he goes on to tell me that all the alcohol was gifted to them by a relative who couldn't make it.
Speaker 2: Profiting.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so they're profiting off all this, So like this whole thing is a scam because all the alcohol is already paid for, oh, their.
Speaker 6: Own friends and family.
Speaker 2: Dude, what did you say everyone?
Speaker 11: Well, he was telling me that it was Trina, the bride's idea. She was like, what if we charged the guests at the bar and just pocket the cash.
Speaker 6: And then the light bulb went off.
Speaker 3: It's messed up, but it's also so genius.
Speaker 1: Dude, But it's a wedding. You're not running a business, Jeff. You're not opening a bar trying to make money off your friends.
Speaker 6: People already giving a lot of money due Did.
Speaker 1: Anyone else find out at the wedding?
Speaker 11: I don't think so, no, because like I wasn't even supposed to know, but the groom was just so tipsy. Yeah, I get feeling like, you know, cheeky about it. But like after he left, I was talking to some of like our friends about it, and ain't they was taking it back. It's made there like no way. Yeah, I mean they were pissed and so was I.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 3: It's clearly everybody in the room is in agreement that this is wrong. You shouldn't charge guests for the booze and then pocket all the money for you.
Speaker 2: Front about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not saying anything, but is there anybody out there who disagrees and think that the bride and groom have every right to do this? Textan seventy five nine too. I want to hear what people have to say.
Speaker 6: Texting in right now.
Speaker 3: Promoted.
Speaker 1: All I want is this awkward Tuesday phone call to be finding out how much money they made?
Speaker 3: And Corey, do you have any idea of how much they were able to make that night?
Speaker 11: They must have made like fifteen thousand.
Speaker 9: Fifteen grand, dude, charging like one hundred bucks a person.
Speaker 3: They do like to drink.
Speaker 1: I mean that like an average wedding costs like thirty grand right now, So that's half of your wedding paid for right there.
Speaker 6: That's actually kind of actually.
Speaker 1: More because you didn't even pay for the alcohol, you know. So they weren't even Oh my god, So now the people.
Speaker 6: That already texted in they don't approve rethink about it. Yeah, because it makes.
Speaker 3: So Corey, what did you do with that information? Like, did you say anything or do anything with it?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 11: I went to like some of the friends and they want me to be their spokesperson to go talk to the bride about getting the money back.
Speaker 3: And they wonder, like, wait a minute, they want to be reimbursed.
Speaker 6: Now you're on a reconnaissance mission. Yeah, oh man, this yes, that's drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what are they doing coming with receipts? Like, excuse me? I ordered three? Means episode does?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean like everyone's pissed and now this whole thing is out of hand, and like they want her to issue a public apology on social media.
Speaker 6: Oh, humiliate herself.
Speaker 2: How long ago was this wedding?
Speaker 11: It was like a month ago.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's fresh enough.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna call and Corey is going to ask her to reimburse the money from the bar.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Put a post up on social media with a giant stack of cash in her hands, saying this is the money I stole from it.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you that's not going to be the outcome of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That feels worse than her doing this to begin with humiliations.
Speaker 3: Worse than the actual I mean, Corey, you're good friends with the bride. Why do this over the radio? Why not just have a private one on one conversation with her behind closed doors.
Speaker 11: It's just so much bigger than that now, Like, I can't fathom doing it alone, and all this pressure is on me to do it, and like, I also don't want the groom to I don't want to out him as the one who hold He put.
Speaker 6: Himself in this situation though.
Speaker 1: To you, she's not going to be mad at him. She's going to be mad at you. Was telling everybody.
Speaker 11: This is exactly why I'm calling you, guys. I need your help.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll say it was our idea to call the bride that way. He's not one hundred percent responsible. Sure, we'll blame and hopefully give you some decent advice when we come back and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to boil this story down so that people tuning in can catch up. But we're talking to Corey, who was a good friend of a newlywed bride. They just got married about a month ago, and at the party they had a cash bar, which isn't totally unusual for a wedding.
Speaker 2: Those happen, but you have to pay.
Speaker 3: Later on in the night, the groom let it slip that a relative had already paid for all the alcohol, and the bride and groom were secretly pocketing all the cash that was made off of dreams. So wow, it maybe wouldn't have been bad if they were up front and told all the guests about it, but they didn't do that. They were kind of deceptive, sneaky, didn't let anybody know. So Corey and a few friends found out, and now they want their money back, along with a social media apology from the bride, And we're about to call her and let Corey ask for all those things. But I do kind of agree with Brooke that the social media thing is going to be pretty humiliating. So I wonder Corey, if maybe we could figure out some way to get the money back that you guys want, but back off of the social media apology.
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm okay with that, but all my friends are so pissed because she was pushing people to buy more drinks. Like at the end, she was like, everybody, let's do.
Speaker 3: A shot, the most expensive one that we.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh god. We're about to let you call her, but first you need to get some advice. Brooke, what do you have?
Speaker 1: The only way to approach this where she's not completely defensive is you make it so that you're on her side. So you come in and you say, hey, listen, I heard this was going on. They're not happy, but I've got a way to fix it. I'm on your side. Why don't you give them some money back?
Speaker 2: What a great idea.
Speaker 11: I mean, I just feel like she's going to be defensive no matter what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but you got to try your best to be on her side, you know, not attack her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least wait to attack or just a little bit before you strike. Cose, what do you think if.
Speaker 9: She's resistant towards all of this, tell her what the future holds. She could lose her friends or family, and like, just spell it out. Is fifteen thousand dollars really worth it?
Speaker 2: Oh, she given all the money?
Speaker 3: What do you think of that? Corey threaten her with losing all of her friends, clse relationships in her life.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I honestly don't think that's a terrible ideas. If she's very resistant, I think putting in perspective could work.
Speaker 3: That might actually be two decent pieces of advices that we've offered.
Speaker 1: Even with that, Jeff, I've never been as nervous as I.
Speaker 3: I'm going to dial her number right now.
Speaker 11: You ready, I'm pretty nervous, But let's just tear up the bandaid.
Speaker 8: Let's do it, all right?
Speaker 3: Good luck?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 12: Hello, Hey, what's up? Hey?
Speaker 11: Who's this? It's Corey? What do you mean.
Speaker 12: Your number came up as something else?
Speaker 8: It did?
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 11: That's that's weird?
Speaker 8: No, I'm good.
Speaker 12: Did you have a good time at the wedding?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was sick. It was a great time. It was it was awesome. I mean, how's post marriage life?
Speaker 12: It's good, just you know, coming down from all the craziness. I'm sad it's over. I'm happy if it's over, but it was it was great. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I bet, I bet that's that's why it was a good time. It was a good time. So, uh, I heard this crazy rumor at your wedding.
Speaker 12: Okay, what did you hear?
Speaker 11: So? I heard that all the booze you guys had there was already paid for by a relative and that you guys kept the money for yourself. That's not true. Right Where where did you hear that? I don't remember, Like I was, I was hammered, you know, like it's I think someone just said it, you know, I don't know. I just I just thought it was weird.
Speaker 12: I mean, look like I don't really want to talk about this with you, Like I don't know why you're asking me?
Speaker 11: Did you scam everybody? You scammed me?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 12: I didn't scam anybody.
Speaker 11: I mean like, I mean, where where.
Speaker 12: Did you get this from? Like what are you even like when.
Speaker 11: People it doesn't matter, but like people know about it, Darby Matt Nicole, Like I were not happy? Like what what what were you thinking? Are you serious? Yes, they nominated me to talk to you because I've known you forever, and it's like they want their money back obviously.
Speaker 7: And so why.
Speaker 11: What like is this a joke? No, It's like they're up said, like, you took our money.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm sorry, Like, what's done is done, And we're going to the Caribbean obviously for our honeymoon, and Dan's using it to enter a poker tournament.
Speaker 11: A poker tournament, are you mental?
Speaker 12: No, He's very confident he can win, and we're hoping to quadruple the money. So basically, it's an investment for our future.
Speaker 11: Dreama just like what am I supposed to tell our friends, like you deceived us and then are using the money to gamble with in a poker tournament in the Caribbean.
Speaker 12: I mean, listen, if everybody's so upset, just tell them when Dan wins the poker tournament, because he will will give them, Like, I don't know, half their money back. I don't know, my god, hal.
Speaker 13: Who was lacking?
Speaker 3: Sorry, we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffary in the Morning, So.
Speaker 12: What is this? This is like on the radio or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a segment we do called the Awkward Tuesday phone Call, oh Man, and Corey wanted some help reaching out on his friend's behalf because his friends are really the ones who are most upset about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Corey is a little bit mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he did that. He called you a name out of love.
Speaker 12: I cannot believe you try to embarrass me like this.
Speaker 2: This is that it's definitely not the point.
Speaker 11: I'm not doing this to embarrass you. And like they feel like you scan them on purpose, so they're pissed.
Speaker 12: That is ridiculous. I'm not apologizing to everybody for being smart like you guys are probably a thing.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wait, I have a question though, if you just wanted your friends to help you out put the gampoline in the honeymoon, why didn't you just start a honeymoon fund like money people do.
Speaker 12: We weren't necessarily getting gifted at the alcohol in the beginning, so that's kind of just what ended up happening. It's like whether it goes to the bar or our honeymoon fund, Like what is the difference, Like, you still got to drink what you wanted to drink, Like, I don't see the big deal here, But we.
Speaker 3: Heard that you were like going around the party encouraging people to buy more drinks.
Speaker 12: I was drunk. I would have done that anyway.
Speaker 3: But it sounds like your friend Corey here, he's coming from a good place, like he's genuinely trying to look out for you and your reputation in this friend group.
Speaker 11: You need to think about the ramifications of all of this, Like is your reputation and your friendships worth fifteen thousand dollars?
Speaker 12: It's like we I mean, it's not already weird.
Speaker 11: Like all right, just listen. You won't be invited to parties, people are gonna ask weird around you. You won't have any friends. But now this moment, you can still say, hey, sorry, we made a mistake with the bar tab and we're willing to return the cash.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Trina?
Speaker 12: I mean, fine, whatever, Like this really isn't I'm not like this mastermind behind this thing, Like it's this is crazy. But who told you that matters to me?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean it was damn what Yeah, yeah, are you drunk? Well you know what.
Speaker 12: It doesn't even deserve to be in the Povers tournament anyway, so I don't give a.
Speaker 2: Problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well I think we have yeah, all the things, well not all the things, but most of the things that we set out for at the start of this. We wanted to make the friendships right, get the money back to the guests that got the money stolen from them. Yeah, and we've kind of done that. Yeah, well yeah there were some uh but Corey, you're getting your money back.
Speaker 6: Yay.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, have fun on the Caribbean, Trina, tell your new husband high Happy's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: We've got Angie on the phone today and has a secret weapon hiding in her genes, a pocket full of hope.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: She is betting on Hope today to let her the victory.
Speaker 2: Gud, I've not a pocket full of sunshine, so sunshine.
Speaker 6: Versus oh yeah.
Speaker 3: She even asked our producer, is it okay if I cheat? What which you gotta give it to? Angie? We don't get that question very often. The answer is no. But Angie is full of hope today. Welcome to the show, Angie.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious, what was your cheating method?
Speaker 12: Ask my husband or.
Speaker 2: It's thirty seconds. You don't even have time to type in no cheating.
Speaker 3: Today, we're back to Hope again. So Brook's gonna leave the studio and while she heads out, Angino the game works. You got thirty seconds, answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you have to beat her out right if you want to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Good luck? Your time starts now. Today is Leonard Nimoy's birthday. He played mister Spock on What TV franch Eyes?
Speaker 11: Uh start?
Speaker 3: How many total Disney parks are there worldwide? More or less than ten?
Speaker 5: More?
Speaker 3: In Maryland, there's a famous retreat location known as Camp David that's only accessible to whom members. What is the name of the legal financial contract that's signed by two people before a marriage. Aviophobia is the fear of what.
Speaker 12: Fiders?
Speaker 11: No, that's not it.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Pass on that. Okay, it works. Brook's gonna come back into the studio, and I see on my screener here Angie is looking forward to shoulder and back surgery, the elective kind.
Speaker 6: Are you getting giant shoulder blades installed?
Speaker 3: What are you doing surgery for?
Speaker 12: I have degenerative scoliosis and then I have two more and rotator cuffs?
Speaker 6: O man, rotators?
Speaker 3: What are you doing to tear your body up so much?
Speaker 11: I used to lift weights, can do all that? Crazy kind of stuff.
Speaker 9: On rotator cuffs when she was raising the roof at a party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta warm up before, Brooke.
Speaker 3: Do you feel warmed up for the trivia?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, okay, we have a doctor on call just in case. Here we go. Your time starts now. Today is Leonard Nimoy's birthday. He played Mister Spock on What TV franchise? How many total Disney parks are there worldwide? More or less than ten? In Maryland, there's a famous retreat location known as Camp David that's only accessible to who the President? What is the name of the legal financial contract that's signed by two people before a marriage. A vophobia is the fear of what flying so it can see easier underwater. How many eyelids does a duck have?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 3: Oh right, this is a pretty good game here. Let's go to the scoreboard to see how you bolted with Jose.
Speaker 6: Got my freak is flowing? Angie? You got three? Correct today?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? Angie and Brook? Yes you got four? Is it Duck Islands? Did Duck Islands save me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: You got that wrong?
Speaker 8: Oh it did?
Speaker 12: It was Camp David?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what saved her.
Speaker 2: Did you dadas for the girl? Scouts, Angie, I.
Speaker 12: Said, members, that was stupid.
Speaker 3: Let's go over. The anis for everybody, like, what are you guys doing here? It's Leonard Nimoy's birthday. He was mister Spocken's Star Trek passed away in twenty fifteen. There are more than ten Disney parks in the world twelve total. At the moment, Camp David is only accessible to the president and their family. The name of the legal financial contract sign before marriage is a pre nuptial agreement we accepted. Prenup.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think anybody knows the actual full word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody at this point. Brook has so many she just calls it prenup. Aviophobia is the fear of flying. Twenty five percent of Americans actually suffer from that, and so it can see easier underwater. Ducks have three eyelids per eye per The third one is a clear eyelid that protects them underwater, like kind of built in water goggles.
Speaker 11: I gotta go hold my ducks on and look now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, oh, she's got ducks, duck lady, now, Angie.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately it wasn't enough to beat Brook. The good news is just for playing you win a four back of tickets to paw Patrol Live playing the Puget Sound region April fifth through the seventeenth. It's coming to the Call Hall and you and three others will be there as they face their biggest challenge yet. For more info on tickets, you can go to pawpatrollive dot com.
Speaker 11: Great, thank you, hey before you go.
Speaker 2: What's your ducks' names?
Speaker 12: On Patsy, Billy, Lucy, Athena and Daisy Angie.
Speaker 3: Thanks for playing. Come back anytime. We'll do Windbrooks Bucks again, same time tomorrow
Speaker 5: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.