Speaker 1: Wait wait, White.
Speaker 2: You guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talking to.
Speaker 3: Breakfast Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show in.
Speaker 4: A mad like from the Black Mothership in New York City's j Envy, Charlamagne the God Jeffs hilarious.
Speaker 5: Thank y'all for being culture leaders, man. I appreciate what y'all do. Put the culture collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say stuff.
Speaker 6: And it's just gonna get.
Speaker 3: You in trouble.
Speaker 6: Everybody, wait coming good morning usc.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Jess hilarious to be here in the second Charlamagne the God peastead of playing it.
Speaker 8: Is Tuesday, Yes, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you feeling out there? I am blessed, black and highly favored.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: Salute all our beautiful listeners who tune into us every morning. Man, another day to sir of y'all. I tell you what I don't know how it is in the rest of the country. Here in New York New Jersey. Yeah, it done got cold again. Like the flowers had popped up in my yard. You know, I don't know what you call him.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Those are two lips of dandy lions, a little yellow ones. They just had popped up and they started sprouting. I remember we pulled in the driving one day and my wife was like, oh.
Speaker 6: The flowers blowing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because we thought it was spring. Boy, oh boy, no not he died. That goddamn ground dog. Is that what's that thing called ground groundhog? Is a goddamn live Yeah, okay, that groundhog.
Speaker 2: Is a liar.
Speaker 1: It's cold, It's gonna get cold.
Speaker 2: So then he tell us we was getting more winter.
Speaker 1: This tell us, you know, he said or he or she said that spring was on its way.
Speaker 9: That's what we get for leaving our weather predictions up the groundhogs.
Speaker 1: That's right. Okay, Well I thought it was spring. So you know, I'm heavy into the car show and usually it's car shows season where you start getting the cars ready to start traveling around the country. But like you said, it is cold out there, so we're gonna get it together and I want to salute to east Chester jeep out there and also Lincoln Tech, which is a trade school. A lot of times I do these cars shows and people can't get to them because they can't afford it some of the time. So we did it where we're gonna be doing local car shows and giving away food, burgers, hot dogs and things like that, making a community events. So we're gonna do one in the Bronx and East Chest to Jeep, We're gonna do it all through Lincoln Tech, one in Philly, one and Queens. We're gonna I think one in Dallas, one in Atlanta. Where it's like localized car shows because a lot of times people can't make it, so it's kind of giving it back to the community. We're gonna do giveaways and barbecues and these things. So I shout to Lamar, East Chest Jeep, shout to of course Tina and Lincoln Tech. And I just wanted to do those because a lot of times people can't make it to the big car shows. So that way it gets people to still see bring the family out, see the cars and get some free food and just relax and enjoy hopefully when it gets a little warm.
Speaker 9: On beautiful and also a lot of people sick man like my whole house is coffee. Yeah what, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what it is.
Speaker 6: I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hello, Jester, I don't know.
Speaker 6: What it is.
Speaker 9: We just talked about how cold it is and just comes with her stomach, crop top jacket with a crop top shirt, with stomach, get telling.
Speaker 6: Telling nothing.
Speaker 2: A lot of people getting sick though, yeah, a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what up, Jess. How you feeling.
Speaker 10: I'm feeling good. I'm feeling good. All right, Yes, I'm all right.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should ask Ash Ash you're good over there?
Speaker 9: He's good, all right, Yes, Mommy, get your ass come on, man, like we got to be on the radio in a week, on the radio.
Speaker 1: We got these bills to pay.
Speaker 2: Were pregnant?
Speaker 1: We pregnant? Okay, all right, let's get the show cracked. Marshall Warfield will be joining us today a little bit, I think in two hours. Yes, she's on Night Court season two.
Speaker 9: Veteran o G veteran man been around for a long, long, long, long long time, and she got a one woman show. I forgot what it's called.
Speaker 1: But she's seventy years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marshall Wolfield is up there.
Speaker 6: It's the Marshall story.
Speaker 1: The Marshall story, right, yeah, yeah, you got to jest with the mess ready. A lot of stuff to talk about it right now, A lot to talk about all right, Well, we'll be back for front page news. I'm sure we're going to be discussing that bridge that collapse in Baltimore.
Speaker 6: That's crazy, thank you. It starting on this morning too.
Speaker 1: So don't move. It's the Breakfast Clocome Morning. Good morning everybody. It's DJ n V, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Test, good morning, DJ and V, Jess, Hilarious, Charlemagne to God.
Speaker 1: Let's jump right into it. Let's talk about this Baltimore bridge that collapse.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So I'm gonna give you guys as much information as we have now. This happened at one thirty in the morning, so the story is still developing. I want a reminder folks on YouTube as they watch us throughout the day that this is the update as of six a m. So be prepared for more updates, possibly a press conference. But what we know as of now, they're calling it a possible mass casualty incident after a ship collided with the Francis Scott Key Bridge again. That happened at one thirty this morning, caused the bridge to collapse. They say as many as seven to twenty people. Some people are saying seven, some people are saying twenty that were on the bridge at the time. Obviously the water is cold, they're saying it's about thirty degrees of that water that.
Speaker 6: Folks are are possibly in.
Speaker 11: Now they're trying to figure out if their resk, if they're able to rescue these folks. It's still dark outside, so they're waiting, you know, on the sun to come up. So we haven't got any updates on if anybody's been able to get pulled out of the water. They do know several vehicles were on the bridge, including a large tractor trailer. They also said that they believe some workers were also on the bridge as well. So typically this bridge is a pretty busy bridge, so thankfully it wasn't in the middle of the day, you know, where hundreds and hundreds of cars were there as well. But still definitely thought some prayers to these folks and hopefully we'll get some answers here shortly yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Said there's been a ship crashed into it, right, Yeah, they said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said that ship sink. But I mean, they should have protocol for things like that, right when it's when it's a certain height. I know it was a contained ship and it was passing through, but usually they have protocols with those type of ships. If that does to happen or a ship passes a certain area, they stop that ship immediately. So I'm I'm pretty surprised that ship able to hit that bridge.
Speaker 9: So you know, yeah, anybody, all your people good, Just you ain't hearing it now?
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, definitely. I was watching the news and then me and my mother was talking about it. They built that in seventy seven though, and it was a guy he was actually on there. He was saying, like, I actually was here when he built it, and I was just on that bridge ten hours ago.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 10: And you know he transported people to work on that bridge every day.
Speaker 6: He still drives.
Speaker 1: But yeah, now what that bridge connects?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 1: And what do you know?
Speaker 6: Nope, I actually do not know.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure if it was like one of the major bridges, like like George Washington connected.
Speaker 6: It is one point six miles one point six miles long.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 9: But you know when you hear stories like this, the first thing you think, because remember a couple of weeks ago, I'm not gonna say no names with somebody in our group chat sent us a very famous bridge here in New York, right and looking they kept The caption was the bridge is fall falling.
Speaker 6: I see it. I kept looking out.
Speaker 2: I looked at six seven times.
Speaker 6: I see nothing. It was breaking from the bottom like that. It just wasn't the brief aalling okay, because they were doing construction. Yeah I'm not sure.
Speaker 10: I ain't seen no construction being done, but I'm just saying it looked like it was like cracking from the bottom.
Speaker 6: It was like breaking.
Speaker 2: So when I saw that video and then I hear this story this morning, I'm.
Speaker 6: Like, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: What's the reason.
Speaker 9: I just don't want to think that bridges all collapsed with what I heared the ship, I'm like, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 6: It makes sense, you know what I mean. Ain't just like the bridge is just falling?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Well yeah, well, and I also want to let you know the answer your question, and you wanted to know what it connects to. It says. It serves the outermost crossing of the Baltimore Harbor and it is essentially link of the Interstate six ninety five or the Baltimore Beltway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's gonna be a lot of traffic. There's gonna be a lot of detour. People ain't gonna be able to get the work. People ain't gonna be able to travel if they're going up and down. I guess from the York down there. You know how they travel that route to go to the south. That might be difficult. But let's jump into Trump.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so let's talk about that.
Speaker 11: So Trump update as or usual, trying to keep up with all these cases. Now Donald Trump, Uh, yesterday they decided to reduce the appeals court reduced his bond from four hundred and sixty four million to one hundred and seventy five million.
Speaker 13: Take a list an appeals court reducing the bond in his civil fraud case by more than half to one hundred and seventy five million dollars. The trial judge had said it at more than four hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 14: What they do is they do election interference, which is court cases and.
Speaker 7: Let's try and tie him up and let's take as much of his money as possible. I respect the appellate Division for substantially reducing that ridiculous amount of money.
Speaker 13: With no lenders willing to cover the staggering penalty while he appeals. Mister Trump was facing the prospect of New York's Attorney General seizing his iconic properties and bank accounts as soon as today, but now has ten days to come up with the far smaller bond. Mister Trump, saying he has the cash, are you going to.
Speaker 1: Start putting money into your campaign?
Speaker 15: Well, first of all, it's none of your business, I mean, frankly.
Speaker 12: But.
Speaker 9: Let me tell you something, man, Donald Trump is above the law. Until someone show me otherwise. Donald Trump is above the law. Trump has unlocked levels of privilege that I have never seen like this. Surpasses being white, It surpasses being rich, surpasses being president. Is because it's a combination of all three. Are people scared of a rap for him because they are anticipating him being the next president? The law does not apply to Donald Trump the way it applies to anybody.
Speaker 1: Else, But I see, but I anybody else. I told you that yesterday that they weren't gonna take his properties, and they were gonna reduce it. But also Trump is with doing this with billion billionaires that also do real estate, right, I am almost one hundred percent positive dead there's a lot of them that probably did the same exact thing. That's probably what they did. That the fact that that they're shooting at Trump is for different reasons. But I'm sure there's a bunch of people out there that's gonna make sure that they held Trump because they're not gonna want to see the same thing happened to them.
Speaker 11: Well, Attorney Leticia James said that the four hundred and sixty four civil judgment still stands. So this is just you know about the bomb you have to pay that has not been reduced, So they'll have to look and see, you know what that looks like when it goes to a pills court. So this is so again the reduction is about the bond that needed to get paid, not the civil judgment. So he still owes a four under sixty four million. We don't have time to get into it. I'll get into it in the next because there's more update with his criminal case that will start on April fifteenth, and so I'll just get into that with the second hour, and.
Speaker 2: They extended it deadline for another ten days. He gonna get that money.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get that money, he said, he said he got He said he got it.
Speaker 6: Ain't no problem.
Speaker 2: He said he got five hundred cash.
Speaker 6: Right, he said that's right.
Speaker 1: I think he gave him middle finger, I mean the thumbs up on his way out, and it was like, I got it. I'm gonna pay in ten days, lord, And that is front page news, all right, Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines and wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. Let us know how you're feeling. It's the breakfast slogal morning, the breakfast club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: Five five one.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: And this?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 16: But to less from uh Virginia.
Speaker 6: I don't like your name but too nasty but so nasty.
Speaker 17: Yeah, the blind dude, nasty blind buck.
Speaker 2: Nasty blind buck is a nasty ass name.
Speaker 12: And know it's actually an afronom.
Speaker 16: Its fans for nice instead of fining y'all.
Speaker 15: This was my blind and visual impaired.
Speaker 2: People nice and want to sell all the areas.
Speaker 6: Today's my birthday, Happy born day king?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Hey did did they ever left?
Speaker 1: For my color?
Speaker 17: But you asked me why I name U three Am part my podcast? Yes, sir, my name is three Am because I lost Uh I got beaty at the age of three, and when I lost my vision, I always woke up at three am, and uh it's March.
Speaker 1: There's number three.
Speaker 6: So that's the reason I cash you.
Speaker 9: A stupid question was that how did you know it was three am every time you woke up?
Speaker 13: Ess?
Speaker 15: Hey, you know I got voiced over on my iPhone?
Speaker 6: Oh got you got? You got?
Speaker 16: Three?
Speaker 6: Got you got? Okay?
Speaker 18: Well, can y'all follow me?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How you gonna know if we fout? Say?
Speaker 14: Hey, what up?
Speaker 6: Just what's that you?
Speaker 2: Three Am podcast man? Nasty blind nasty?
Speaker 1: We just followed you. Could you see nasty to nasty?
Speaker 6: Nasty blind nasty? You know he did not?
Speaker 2: What's your Instagram name?
Speaker 12: Three?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Three okay?
Speaker 2: And nasty blind?
Speaker 6: What is it? What is it? But too nasty to nasty?
Speaker 1: Have a good one, brother, enjoy your birthday.
Speaker 15: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 16: Hello, James going from North Carolina.
Speaker 1: What's up? James from North Carolina? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: Brother, yo.
Speaker 16: I had an uh, first of all, good morning everyone, Good morning sir. Yeah, but I had an idea for this. All the beating that's going on between the mediums and stuff. I feel like this should be like a kind of lack of versus, but not really, you know what I mean. Anybody that come that feels that they need to show their word and whatnot and that they're really the baddest comedians. They entered this competition and instead of going by votes, they just have like a last year, you know what I mean, like how loud and how often the crowd reacts, you know, to the jokes and whatnot, and then whoever gets the motion or they willing or whatever they considered the dogs.
Speaker 10: See that's the thing though, They not really even joking. They they're going at each other like this is the streets, you know what I'm saying. So, I mean, I wish it could be like that too, brother, I really wish it could.
Speaker 6: But these people are far past jokes. They got beefs with each other.
Speaker 1: I guess you're right. And by the way saying about jokes anymore.
Speaker 9: This is this personal yeah, and it's it's a good idea, but all that's gonna do is make the person even matter.
Speaker 2: If I go there and I get more laughs than now, I'm really have more AMMO.
Speaker 9: And be more more venomous towards because this is really about who's funnier from the jump anyway, But they just start insulting each other. It's about who's funnier and who stole what and didn't healthy.
Speaker 2: And they and none of them think they honey, none of them think the other is funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know crazy, and it's going to show when you get mad.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. One morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: It's a new today.
Speaker 1: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Whether you're mad or blast.
Speaker 6: Time to get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call um now eight hundred and five A five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who is this?
Speaker 12: Good Mornings the bar frough Jersey? What's going on? DJ MV Charlomage God just hilarious.
Speaker 15: Good morning brother, Good morning y'all.
Speaker 12: Just want to get off my chest. Charlomagne was talking about everybody being stick break now. To be honest, my smart mother gave me a scared yesterday. She you know, brought Collis and all that stuff, and we in Jersey, so it's like everybody's definitely getting sick. I want to just send that blessing to your family. She gave me a yesterday. But everything is all good.
Speaker 1: And the crazy thing when you have kids, it's like a domino effect. You just you see one get it, then the other one get it, then your wife get it, then another one get it, and it's only a matter of time before you get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 12: So I'm just sending blessings to all of y'all because I don't know.
Speaker 16: What's going around.
Speaker 6: You're right, thank you. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 9: It ain't It don't feel like the flu, but it don't seem like COVID.
Speaker 6: It's just weird.
Speaker 9: And it's like even like a couple of my kids they were sick, but they weren't acting sick. Yeah, so they just would sneeze and then mad's not would come out and it was randomly throw up, like what.
Speaker 1: The hell is going randomly throw up to?
Speaker 10: That's what I think is going on with me when I came over there, And now I'm feeling the same way.
Speaker 6: Merland your kids.
Speaker 9: We're pregnant. Yes, I guess we're pregnant. We're okay, that's what it is. Me and j just were pregnant. You pregnant, just pregnant. I'm pregnant. Please get off, get give these men hope.
Speaker 6: Please do not maybe come out in meetings. We be in meetings.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be in a me and just sitting.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 19: Yeah, top of the morning, y'all, piece of blessing.
Speaker 1: Piece and blessings.
Speaker 19: Get it over your chest, bro that book that you read yesterday, Charlamagne on your Brilliant Idiots podcast. Everybody tuning in if you haven't, shout out the Anthy show. But yeah, man, they had me your tears, my mama shoes read that to me. Shout out Obama, Beney says out on l I.
Speaker 9: You're talking about I Love you forever, bro, know, Yeah, that's the name of the book, right, I love you forever.
Speaker 12: I love you yeah, but I love you father.
Speaker 6: Bro is the podcast?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: What is what's episode?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the book? The book is I love you forever?
Speaker 19: Then, Yo, I love that book. I appreciate you reading it for me back, but Yacky doing your thing much successful, gest I love you, baby.
Speaker 6: I love you too. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Now have a good one, brother, get it off your chest. Eight hundrenk five eight five one oh five one. We got jess with the mess coming up. But we're talking about what were starting.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, the diddlers just say that all right, and many other things surrounding the diddler.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get into all that next. Don't move. It's to breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. I mean, everybody is j Envy, jess A, Larri Schela mean the guy we are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the world.
Speaker 15: We Hilarius, Jeff car Robbin Moore. Just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 14: Talk the.
Speaker 2: Talk the world why jes worldwid.
Speaker 1: On the Breakfast Club the coaching ship.
Speaker 20: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 18: Could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 10: So federal agents raided Diddy's homes in LA and in Miami yesterday afternoon, and we have the news report.
Speaker 6: Is a search one.
Speaker 21: Activities at both of CON's homes are related to an ongoing sex trafficking investigation. However, now agents with Homeland Security rated two homes belonging to Combs, one here in Miami Beach, the other in Los Angeles. And late tonight we saw agents walking out of this house carrying a cardboard box as well as several bags from the second story of the property out here. Now, agents in Los Angeles could be seen walking around Combs's house there and could be seen taking notes on a table there. And a neighbor tells me that about thirty to forty law enforcement officers showed up to the house out here and carried out this search warrant.
Speaker 10: You know what's crazy that I have here That Dady was not named as the focus of the investigation at this time, so why was they doing ale was a lot going on, It's like for a show night.
Speaker 6: I was thinking about what do they know about this situation?
Speaker 9: Because if he disn't the focus of the investigation, well, he wasn't the focus of the investigation. The Homeland Security, but he definitely was the focus of the investigation in the social media.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a show. I mean the way that they came air land and see they act like he was with the mob and they were gonna have a gun battle and a gun shootout. We've never seen anything like that for alleged whatever it was. But they act like they were going for the mob. But clear I mean, clearly they know something if they did all of that. So I'm just saying, what is the why is what I want to know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean they placed both of his sons justin combs and cancombs and handcuffs all of that. But TMZ also tracked did he's personal jet love Air LLC and it's currently on the ground in Antigua, which is in the Caribbean, which sparked rumors that did he was fleeing or whatever? But then TMZ posted like two hours after his homes were rated that he was just walking around on the phone, you know what I mean. And my I don't know if that was Miami or LA, but they had somebody. Yeah in Miami they saw him on the ground, so.
Speaker 6: Uh not not on the ground, like on the ground like laid out on the ground just walking around. No, no, he was walking like I'm sorry, Yeah, he was walking. He wasn't in the air on the jet.
Speaker 2: Did they have warrants for Diddy? They have wares for nobody.
Speaker 1: To arrest anybody. Yeah, because they would have been arrested. I guess they had a just a a warranty. I guess to look what they were to investigate, the investigate what they were working for. Yeah, they pulled stuff out, but nobody knows what it is.
Speaker 10: They said, it's jet been up and down California between Sunday and Monday. Around nine am Pacific time Monday, the jet took off from Vanny's Airport landed in Antigua. But and then they bothering Karesha online. I seen you on X somebody said ware Karesha had like thousands of people reposted it, and she said, right here, what's up? But I'm just like Ritia, you don't have to say nothing, like you don't you really really don't know, Like it's don't say nothing because these f these people, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Can I say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, And you said they were chasing Ditty's jet. A lot of people that actually own jets. When they're not using it, they charter it out. That's how the jet paid for itself. Yeah, so it's like if Diddy's not using the jet, they chartered it out to different people, employees or whoever it may be, and they paid for the jet. That's what a lot of people do. So that's probably why the jet was moving like it was.
Speaker 9: They feel like we're watching the TV show. Yeah, like in the TV show, just starting to get good to figure out what the hell's going on?
Speaker 6: Peak of Power?
Speaker 10: Yeah right now crazy yep. So that is that more updicts would be available soon. Russell Simmons also reported served in and Bali. They went to Bali and served him. Drew Dixon is one of the women accusing Russell Simmons of sexual assault. She claims he raped her back in ninety five. Russell Simmons denied those claims and said she was a liar. He also insinuated that the people accusing him of sexual assault were looking for fame and a payday. Because of those comments, Drew Dixon is now suing Russell Simmons for a defamation of her character. She claims uh these comments negatively impacted her professional and personal life in a massive way.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they cod serve you all the country. Yeah, I thought that the whole purpose of leaving the coating yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think that was at what I read, right, I think that was at his resort, at Russell Simmons' own result, and they had to go through security and had to pay the staatea and all that. So they were really trying to serve Russell.
Speaker 10: Really, so, Drew Dixon. She is a former music executive. Yes, okay, did not know that.
Speaker 1: I think she's I think she's been on the Breakfast Slove before.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, wow, man, this is crazy. Do we have the audio from this is the crazy thing? Before we played this audio? I just want to I know everybody made it, this girl, but Candice almost has said this like a long time ago, like she was actually not a long time ago, but a minute ago about this whole takedown of the rap or hip hop Nation or whatever.
Speaker 6: She said it. What do you mean? What's up?
Speaker 22: You guys have definitely covered it right, absolutely, it's crazy.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 22: It suggests that he was the Jeffrey Epstein of Hollywood, that there's a blackmail ring that people are being given drugs, they're doing things while they're drugged, and then those people are controlled. Right Because if you're a rapper and your brand is hardcore, and I have a video of you kissing a guy and I'm like, I'll release it unless you say or do or take this position, that's a blackmail ring, right. So we lawsuit kind of led me to ask some larger questions about okay, because I have been feeling like in my heart that something weird going on with black media.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm like, what is this trash?
Speaker 10: Absolutely she said this and then see now look kids, he said, I see.
Speaker 7: I told you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you ain't gonna be able to tell Candice Orange fans nothing about Candice Orange.
Speaker 2: Lord have mercy.
Speaker 9: She said that on Brothers Club last week. She missed saying that on her show for the past. Now this is happening, Lord have mercy, Lord, Lord Lord, that's something going.
Speaker 6: On with Eric would like everybody though like a lot going on.
Speaker 9: I don't, I don't, yes, and we don't know nothing. That's the reality of the situation. We really don't know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you said that yesterday when I reported the King Middles and stories like you don't know.
Speaker 3: What to believe.
Speaker 6: I don't know what at all, but it's crazy.
Speaker 1: But regardless of anything, if if these women were affected, if they were sexually assaulted, you want to see, you know, justice, justice for those people, absolutely hands down. And I don't want to say Drew Dixon was on. I thought she was on. I'm not one hundred per cent short. I don't want to say that on breakfast what I can't remember.
Speaker 6: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, have been like twelve thirteen years ago. But yeah, Jesus, but like you said, anybody affected or sexually assaulted, yeah, you want to see.
Speaker 2: But you know, you know what muddy is the waters.
Speaker 9: None of this would be so confusing if social media would just let things play out. But that's not the way social media works because you know, you'll have so many stories and they'll just be wrong. For example, the whole thing about did he fleeing the country?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, because you hear this right, Diddy's house got raided. Then now did he flee in the country, You're like, oh, shoot, what do you do?
Speaker 2: He does something? Then you know, but then you come to find out none of that was true. But you're like well what happened.
Speaker 1: But also if it wasn't for social media, do you think a lot of these people would be charged? Do you think the pressure would be on for the government to file charges or would he just speak?
Speaker 6: That can work, you.
Speaker 9: Know, because you know nowadays you got people that will direct folks to law enforcement, you know what I mean? And for towards innocent people like I have a bunch of people just flood just call for no read exactly.
Speaker 1: Think it's jokes in front of you.
Speaker 10: But I definitely feel like the Internet is a gift and a curse though definitely, you know, so you can't have good without evil, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that either. I've been wondering about that my whole.
Speaker 9: Life, with things like the internet, talking about in general, can you do you have to have evil with good?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 6: Do they do?
Speaker 2: They have to go hand.
Speaker 6: In hand some type of way?
Speaker 1: I guess right, yeah, because everybody is not good. People want to.
Speaker 10: Say everybody everybody's not But you have evil things, people do bad things. I don't make them bad people. You know we got good people? Do you got bad people that do good things? Sometimes?
Speaker 6: Like it goes I.
Speaker 2: Think what we're all trying to say. Here is we don't know now, but we all watching.
Speaker 10: That's what I know is I'm a good person, but I do bad things sometimes. That's a good way to just that's a good way to describe bad subjective though. Yeah, but I don't want to be a bad per been trying to do good stuff?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 9: That's probably what he More than likely that's what it is. We're all bad people born in the city. We're trying to be good.
Speaker 6: Don't say because.
Speaker 2: But you we're born into sin anyway, right pass, Oh my god, we did.
Speaker 9: We was been a whole lives attempting to be good.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, just with the world wide all right, when we come back, we got front page news, sells some figure out be joining us. It's a breakfast level morning Wake. You're like into the breakfast club, moring everybody is d J env just hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club. Let's get back in some front page news. What up tis?
Speaker 6: What's going on? DJ and B chelam God, just hilarious. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Now, let's start off with Trump. I know we closed out with Trump last hour, so let's start off with Trump.
Speaker 6: This hour, is that with Trump?
Speaker 11: Start now with Trump just to give another update on his first criminal case. Now he was asking for that to be delayed, but that is going to start the trial.
Speaker 6: On April fifteenth, take a listen.
Speaker 23: Amid news of the bond decision going public, Trump was in a Manhattan courtroom learning that the criminal trial involving hush money payments to former adult film star Stormy Daniels would begin the middle of next month. Trump's lawyers argue the case should be delayed or dismissed, saying thousands of documents were improperly introduced this month. That was rejected by Judge Wan Murshawan, who said, you were literally accusing the Manhattan Die's Office of prosecutorial misconduct and trying to make me complicit in it, and you don't have a single case to cite. Trump would be the first former president to ever face a criminal trial.
Speaker 15: I would have no problem testified. I didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 1: So but to be trying to move this up so they can do it before election, I.
Speaker 11: Don't want to make any assumptions, but let's definitely get moved up so folks can look at that and take it as you will. But certainly obviously, like you just heard the first time a former president will be having a criminal case. He wants to testify. There was a lot of commentary saying should he or should he not testify?
Speaker 6: Would he make it better or not?
Speaker 11: And just a remind folks, this is about Stormy Daniels and the one hundred and thirty thousand dollars payment to her, and so Michael Cohen will be testifying.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a lot, a lot of.
Speaker 11: Drama going on with this case, for sure. So we'll see what it looks like.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's jump right into the scientists and this new bill.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so a new bill of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is banning social media for kids under fourteen without parent permission.
Speaker 6: A lot of folks may agree with this.
Speaker 3: Take a listen.
Speaker 24: The bill, signed into law by the governor, banned social media accounts for children under age fourteen. It also requires parental permission for fifteen and sixteen year olds to have social media. The governor said, the new law asserts parental rights and it's in the best interests of children.
Speaker 25: The way this bill is structured, it is not engaging in any regulation of speech It is basically identifying functionality you know that is causing harms, the addictive features, and so that's laid out in the bill.
Speaker 1: We worked hard with.
Speaker 25: The legislature because at the end of the day, you know, we're not just here spinning our wheels.
Speaker 1: We're not just trying to get a photo.
Speaker 25: We want something that actually sticks and actually has a positive impact.
Speaker 24: Florida's House speaker goes a step further, calling the new law a matter of public safety for children.
Speaker 1: I love it, I do. I don't have a problem with that at all. And parents want their kids to have social media. They can still do it, but they just that way your parents know or the parents know that the kid is opening account. I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think people understand what social media is doing the folks brains. And it's not just kids' adult you know what I mean, right, it's ruining people's comprehension skills. It's making people's emotional IQs low. Folks care about their relationship with social media more than they do with real people.
Speaker 6: It depresses people absolutely, society.
Speaker 11: So many other things. Let me give you a little bit more about this bill. It is called HB three, and it directs social media companies to delete the existing accounts of those who are under fourteen. So it's not even just the new accounts of the start, but they're going to go back in time and delete those now. Companies that fail to do so can be sued on behalf of the child who creates an account on the platform. The minor child could be awarded up to ten thousand and damages. According to the bill, Companies found companies that well that are found in violation of this law can also be held liable fifty thousand per violations. So there's some consequences with you know, folks, the companies that are not complying with this.
Speaker 1: And it's the craziest thing if you really think about it, right, if you're if you have a child, a child can't open up a bank account into eighteen, but you can open up social media at fourteen. So you can't start putting your savings in a bank until you eighteen, but you can open up a social media kuint of any age. That's crazy.
Speaker 11: What do you guys think about though, Like if the kids just because when you open up an account, you can just put in any date, do you think that like that, that's really stopping the chill.
Speaker 9: I can't wait till they put some real rules and regulations on social media so these kids can't get on it at all. But I'm just concerned about the adults because people wake up every day trying to prove something the strangers. They don't know in a bunch of bots.
Speaker 6: It's lame, like.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know, man, I'll be happy when they unplug all this and then you.
Speaker 6: Can see who needs therapy and who doesn't.
Speaker 2: You can absolutely see who needs therapy and who doesn't.
Speaker 9: You can all your insecurities are on full display on social media, and you'll be sitting back looking like that person needs to go do something internal work on themselves. They don't got nothing to do with no external circumstances around them. That person needs to go do some work.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right?
Speaker 9: Well, thank you tis absolutely, and make sure you follow a Teslin figure on all social media platforms and subscribe to this great shot no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect.
Speaker 6: iHeart radio podcast network.
Speaker 1: Alright, and when we come back, we got a special guest joining us.
Speaker 9: Man, the legendary Marshall Warfield will be here Man, actress, comedian, extraord in there. You probably know her best for her role on Night Court playing Roz Roz Russell.
Speaker 2: She was on Night Court for like six years and they just rebooted Night Court.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but she's been around forever, man, I mean, she had her own sitcom. She was on Richard Pryor Show back in the day, stand up comedian like Marshall Wallfield is a legend.
Speaker 1: All right, and we go kick it with her when we come back, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Go Morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning, everybody's dj NV. Just Larry Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 9: You've seen her on Night Court, you've seen her on The Upshaw. She has a one woman show called The Book of Marshall, Miss Marshall Wallfield his head.
Speaker 2: Good morning you. I'm blessed Black and Holly's favorite.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm doing alright now.
Speaker 9: You've been working in the business since the seventies and you gotta you're celebrating your seventieth birthday this month.
Speaker 6: Yes, wow, do you feel like a legend?
Speaker 3: No, I feel like mercier. I just you know, I do take every day as it comes, do the best I can, and hopefully be able to rest at night comfortably. So things are going well right now, and I'm very grateful for that and very happy with the way it's going in the second half of my career. But no, legend is something I think they just say because I'm old. You gotta have a rethume to back it up, though I no, no, you know, if you hang around sooner or later, somebody will will say you're a legend. But I appreciate it. You know, it's nice to be thought of, well thought of five people.
Speaker 10: And you just let them say that know better, Yeah, okay, Well, it's not often that someone would like you has long jevity in this business and you still manage to say, book and busy.
Speaker 6: You want three TV shows right now? Like what keeps you going?
Speaker 3: Well, it's not just you know, most people don't get a chance to have one successful career. I had one, took off for twenty years and came back and have done it again. So most proud of that, of the fact that I could start all over again from scratch and then make it work into my seventieth year.
Speaker 9: When they called you about the night Court reboot. Was that something you wanted to do. Did you jump at the chance to play Rods again or you just was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I don't take gigs that. I'm like, hey, I don't know, you know, unless it's a whole lot of money involved, I'm not putting myself through that.
Speaker 6: I like night Court.
Speaker 3: Night Court was good for me. It was good to me. Hopefully I was good to night Court. And so when they called me, it wasn't like I expected it because they were going in a whole new direction. They're doing a whole different show, and I'm cool with that. That's fine. I wish you well. I hope it does for you what it did for me. I told Lacreta that as soon as I met her, I said, you know, this is your gig now, this is my time has passed as far as this is concerned. So you take this ball and run with it. I hope it does for you what it did for me. So when they called me, I was like, well, cool, you know, I'm happy to do it, and it just seemed to snowball from there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm sure you know. And see how times have changed these days? How did you feel when you found out that Ross would be getting married to a woman in a season for now.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought it was great. And I love the fact that it's not the point of the show. The point of the show is that she's getting married. The fact that she's getting married to a woman is never mentioned, brought up, nothing. It's not a bone of contention at all. And that's a long way from where we started, you know, from where when I came out right and my mother went to my mother and I wasn't even coming out publicly. I was coming out to her and she said, well, let's you know, I understand, but just you know, don't come out as long as I'm alive. I'm like, okay, that's a small thing to ask in the bigger problem than it was growing up and everything. So I was like, cool, But now we can have this character and not just representing being a lesbian, but being a lesbian of age of color marrying another woman, so that people know there's hope. You know, there's hope for people. You don't just stop living because you get another birthday and there's you don't have to stop looking for love, you know, have to stop having sex, you don't have to stop doing anything just because you're old. So I like the way they handled it.
Speaker 6: When your mother.
Speaker 9: Tells you something like that, how do you not feel suppressed though, Like you're suppressing a huge part of yourself.
Speaker 3: Been suppressing a huge part of myself my whole life, I mean, from birth. And when the society says this is negative, this is bad. You know, people try to insulct their children and help them because for them they see it as one of failure they parent. And two it's like the world is going to beat you up, so let's guide you along this way. So my whole life, they've been trying, they had been trying to shift me, you know, over to the right side. It's like the way they do left handed kids. You know, back in the day, they would tie your hands behind your back. They would force you to use your right hand because left handed is a sinful sinister means left handed in French, it was a bad thing. And so they would let heads right with their left hand. So you had a lot of converted right handers whose minds. You know, when you're left handed, your mind thinks left handed, you know, they open books backwards, they see things totally different. But then they had this thing.
Speaker 6: There's some left handed and I've opened the book the right way.
Speaker 3: No, but I've seen left handed people open it the other way and go from the back to that. And it's not that they're bringing from the back, it's just that's how they see it. They try to shift your whole mind. And the same thing when you see your kids. You know your kid is gay from birth. You know, the little boy cries whenever you put him in a blue something. Many look, I love the pink. They're like, no, you can't wear a pink because you're a little boy. And he's like, but I don't care. And so they start shifting you away from who you are. So when you come out and you're expecting the worst, you're expecting your parents to be offended and defensive, and some kids get put out of their houses. Some kids at fifteen sixteen, their parents can't handle it. All my mother asked was don't put it out in public in the whole world scheme. That was a small thing. And my maid was like, well, at least she's not just owning me, she's not condemning me.
Speaker 2: If they tied your hand behind your back for being left handed I don't. I don't want to know what they did to get people back then. They just tell you you're different as you're different. You was on TV.
Speaker 9: When being on TV meant something, you like, it was like a real celebrity and being really famous. So I did playing rods back then in the eighties change everything to you.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, back in the day, there weren't as many opportunities. There was only three channels, and cable was new. Showtime and HBO were just about all the whole game, and so they didn't have as many dating. There was no streaming, There was no you know, and I tell people about like selfies and stuff like, y'all got pictures of everything you do. We ain't had no pictures. We ain't had no It was a big deal when somebody took a picture. So the whole technology change. And as the technology changed, the opportunities expanded. Plus, black people have and women have have pushed the boundaries so far away from where they were. When I I was a kid, there were no black people on the other There were no shows like this, There was none of that stuff. All of this stuff is new, and it took advantage of all of the opportunities that they made happen, and we just kept on going until now you have representation. You have the idea that you can watch TV twenty four hours a day and only see black people. It's mind boggling to somebody who grew up with Ozzie and Harriet and that kind of thing and leave it to Beaver. So I happened to be just come about in that time period where things were coming up, and I got lucky and ended up on Night Court and the rest is history.
Speaker 1: We have more with Marshall Warfield when we come back, don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ n V, Jesse, Larry Charalamnea gud We are to Breakfast Club. Were still kicking it with Marshall Warfield. Jess.
Speaker 10: I love how like you get excited when you talk about like back then and stand up and all of that.
Speaker 6: Is that still you have first love.
Speaker 3: I love stand up. That's my I don't see myself as an actress actor. I was reluctantly dragged into acting because I wanted to save my piece. I wanted to be a centem. I wanted to compete with the big boys. I wanted to do stand up and learning how to do how to act and all that kind of stuff. I'd learned all of that on the job. I took a class once and they told me to get a book and said, you know, read the book. And I opened it up and they said on the first page, the key to acting is to keep it simple. So I closed the book and I never went back to the class.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was lucky enough to be on the show. At a time it was like the Number four show and TV.
Speaker 2: You had actors.
Speaker 3: John Larrick had getting nominated every time he opened his mouth. He had nominated for an Emmy so often he took his name out of contention. And they were Marky and these actors. And I told Harry when I first got there, I'm like, I'm not an actor. I don't know how to do this. He said I'm not either. He said, we'll just watch them do what they do. And so they made it easy for me and I learned on the job.
Speaker 9: Just a question for you know, you and you know just Larry, she does stand up as well. Is that age your safe space?
Speaker 3: No, it's not nothing safe on stage. You're out there by yourself. But the thing I think everybody has to keep in mind when you do stand up, it's you're doing you. It's all about you, and the closer you are to who you really are, the better. We come from a tradition where for years black people weren't allowed to be themselves. Especially there weren't no very few black men with moms Maybley and that was it. But black men weren't allowed to have facial hair, they weren't allowed to wear suits. They had to be characters and play basically minstrels. And so in the fifties and sixties, and people like Dick Gregory and Timmy Rodgers and said, now we're going to do it different, and we're going to be people and speak our minds. This was not allowed. You weren't allowed to trick white people intellectually, and so to be yourself and to be close to who you are, you can't fail at being you. And so if you'd be the best you you can be, you're always going to succeed.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: And you say you can't trick white people, you.
Speaker 3: Can't trick white people intellectually. That was against the law, and in the South, that was dangerous. Dick Gregory said, after a show, the group of white men came in. He was he ordered a whole ticken, and these white men came up behind him and said, whatever you do to that chicken, we're going to do to you. So she ate the chickens asked, now you picked the chicken up and kissed it. So that was the climate, you know, And and again he won by tricking the people for tricking them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's amazing that, you know, we act like like when it comes to entertainment.
Speaker 9: And I was gonna ask you about like roles that they've asked you to play, if they ever asked you to play a role, that might have been pushing some sort of propaganda.
Speaker 3: Oh all the time, Holly, I refused. I came about in the blaxploitation, before black exploitation, I don't think there had been any roles for black women where they didn't play a maid or a whoror and most often the maid, even some of the classics that everybody loves, imitation of life, you know, yeah, the maid. And I said I would never play a maid or a horror never ever. And so when roles came up, and the maid, she had a heart goal and she winds up and she ends up being and she's a corporate cup stair, but she's a made I said, if she's a maid, I'm not playing it. So I turned down a lot of roles. And I think we have to start encouraging people. We have to lose to go along, to get along mindset, you know, and get back to the kick ass mindset that you know, you draw your own line in the sand, and you you have the right to say no, you know, and we don't always feel that we have that kind of agency.
Speaker 10: To say, Man, I ain't doing that, even if they make you feel bad for it, you know, like because they will agents, and you know, it's even like happens to me, like I will say no. Like I was offered like three or four roles to play a crackhead, you know, but these would have been my first roles, and I didn't want to do that. And I remember meeting, Oh my god, the guy that played Eddie Kane. He was on the set of Rowe I did a sitcom, which was my first big role. I met him on seton and he told me, if you let them, they will keep casting you four roles that they want to see you portray, you know, not for you know, and I just I never. I grew up in Baltimore City. That's all I seen growing up. I didn't want to play that role. I'm not saying never, but that's not it kept my agents kept bringing that to me. My manager kept bringing that to me, and I remember him saying, my manager, he was like, this is you. The scene opens, you're pissing behind a dumpster yep, after you snort it a lot. And I'm like, and I could just see you play this. You don't know how insultant that was. I fired him, but that was that was very I just couldn't believe. He said, I see when I first read this, I thought of you, I could see you playing this.
Speaker 6: I'm like, damn you.
Speaker 3: Well, we forget they work for us, Yeah, you don't work for your manager. And they take the position that you do work for them and that you have to do it, they say, and you have to let them know. No, I'm the boss of me, I said, do you I'm doing me. I'm not doing what you see Yeah yeah, so no, that ain't gonna work. Also, a bunch of one woman showed the Book of Marshall. People always told me that I should write a book, and I'm like, I'm not a writer. I'm a stand up. So if you want to know my story, you have to come and see me do standings. Ah, And I can tell you better than I can write it down. And I didn't want to go through the ghostwriter thing and have somebody else write my story. And I approve it, so I it's a kind of autobiographical stand up. I grew up on R and B. I'm a big R and B fan, that's my thing. And so I sing a lot, and I you know, I'm not a singer, but I have music in the show. You know, how you have a party, there's always music playing. But at about ten o'clock or so, that Auntie comes in and say, okay, that's enough of that bang bang noise. Let's put on some music. Play my record. And everybody goes, what's a record? And she don't. Don't get smart with me, boy, and play my record. I'm that Auntie and this show it's like a theatrical show. Buddy, it's like coming into my kitchen.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: She always takes her place in the kitchen, that Auntie and starts talking about everybody else's foods and stuff. So that's the way the show hopefully feels like you've come into my party at the time where it was down now to the real people and not just the people you have to be fake with one.
Speaker 10: Last question, is there anything in your bucket list career like that you for your career that you want to do that you haven't done yet.
Speaker 3: I'm my one woman show, the Book of Marsha I want to do as a one woman show and have that be a special I'm working to make that happen in the future. And then from there, I'm like, I'm just grateful for every opportunity I've been blessed more than I appreciate it. You know, when you're in the struggle and trying to make it, you think nothing's happening, But when you look back on it, it's like, dang, I was doing a lot.
Speaker 2: So I just want to keep on growing, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to grow old gracefully. I want to grow badassidly and just that's right. That's right, you know, hick the door and then keep on living until I hate lived no more.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 9: It's Warfield. It was a pleasure. We could sit here and talk to you for hours. Thank you for your will him, thank you for coming. It's Marshall Wallfield. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's TJ n V, Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 1: Chelaman to God, good money, y'all, what's happening this club.
Speaker 2: Salute to the legend Marshall Warfield for pulling up Man.
Speaker 9: Really appreciate her great conversation, and I just want to remind people that if you love podcasts the way I love podcasts. The second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, It's happening Saturday, April twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Salute to everybody who joined us last year.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: This year, we got Wallowing Gilly on that main stage.
Speaker 9: We got Jess Hilarious, we Carefully Reckless, we got Mandy and Weezy from Horrible Decisions on that main stage. Dre and Lex from the Paul Minds podcast will be on that stage. My good sister Debbie Brown, She'll be there doing her Deeply Well podcast, So we got your mental health and mindful this covered. Will Lucas will be there doing Black Tech, Green Money, so we have your financial literacy covered in the ball Alert podcast they'll be there as well. All Alert and we got some really really great panels.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: We have the Business of Podcasting panel, John O'Brien and Damon John.
Speaker 1: They're on those.
Speaker 9: What else this is another panel that I can't quite remember right now, But go get your tickets, okay to black Effect dot com Slash Podcast Festival. I'll go to event bright dot com to get your tickets. Man, we'll see you in Atlanta on April twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to salute to my wife. Yeah, we're bringing our podcast back. Actually, I think this week we're gonna start recording this week. We had to stop it because my long term nanny left. She went back to Ecuador and for the last I would say green cottag part. No, she went there to she opened up her own business, started her family. Okay, but now she's back. She actually came back after like two three years. So, uh, you know, not having a nanny when you got six kids, it's difficult. You know, my wife running one way and I'm running the other way. And but now she's back, so now it gives a little freedom to do things that we need to do, like the podcast, and people are excited about uh my nanny after like three years. Yeah, because she she went back to Ecuador and and we didn't have a nanny because finding her nanny is very difficult because you have somebody to watch your kids, drive your kids. And she just got back a couple of days ago.
Speaker 10: Somebody nanny always lived in the country. They always be from other countries, like Scouts, other countries.
Speaker 1: Some of the she's a citizen, She's an American citizen America. She's got to make sure now she's Americans. Got to make sure now she's an American people.
Speaker 6: What people are you gonna call? What people are you gonna.
Speaker 9: Don't make me calling people. I just want to make sure. It's all I'm saying, is an American citizen. I name her name was her man that means and adopted.
Speaker 2: Her nobody, No damn her?
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, Sha shas dropping the clues mom for shlu Moms.
Speaker 6: Close bombs Moms.
Speaker 9: Shaw is gonna be on the how to Make Money in Podcasting and Build Brands podcast at the Black Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: So it will be John O'Briant.
Speaker 9: Uh slutor, Denise bennetto whatever, damon, John shawna Airs and it'll be moderated by Will Lucas. So go get your tickets man, Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: They're on sale right now.
Speaker 1: All right now, we got just with the mess coming up when we talk.
Speaker 6: As New York is trying to make it legal for people to cheat on what on your spouse? Honey, black men don't cheats. He might start a little bit more after that.
Speaker 1: Is that an orange soda?
Speaker 6: This is an orange drink?
Speaker 2: And grow up? Yes, you're talking over the song.
Speaker 8: It's the breakfast is a breakfast com right stop the guys morning, everybody is deed envy.
Speaker 1: Just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy, good morning.
Speaker 9: And also just we we got a note we cannot say the N word. Oh my god, what do you say the N word? We just can't say. He went over to quota. There's an inn word quota.
Speaker 6: And they told you because we're get a word quota.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they can say no, it's.
Speaker 2: Not stupid, as they told us that we can't say the N word.
Speaker 6: Yes, we have to say.
Speaker 2: I mean, we can say the N word, just can't say.
Speaker 1: It has to be limited. It's a quota.
Speaker 2: We have many of the markets complaining, who is they it don't matter who they is.
Speaker 6: I bet they're not our color.
Speaker 2: Yes they are actually okay, all.
Speaker 8: Right, all right, all right, there's a quota, so we have to we're not a quota. Stop, we got to make it a quota. No, they don't want us to use it as we got to give her a quota.
Speaker 6: No, they don't know, they don't.
Speaker 1: Twenty months.
Speaker 6: I gotta stop. You gotta stop. So let's stop.
Speaker 9: Month a month. No, it's not stop saying that I'm coming. You keep telling her the wrong information.
Speaker 1: Two months. No, just not.
Speaker 2: Listen to him, boy, trying to get you in trouble listening.
Speaker 6: All right, that is so crazy.
Speaker 1: Don saying let's get to jas.
Speaker 15: Is real weather, Laris just carrobbing Moore. Just don't do No, why don't.
Speaker 7: Talk?
Speaker 1: Nobody talk? The SPA World?
Speaker 2: Why jes World?
Speaker 1: Which on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: She's a coaching ship.
Speaker 20: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something.
Speaker 18: That nobody could get you to see this time to set it.
Speaker 6: Off, okay, Cardi b plans to sue l E.
Speaker 16: P D.
Speaker 6: During a live yesterday, Cardi spoke on an incident with l A p D. The L A p D like them all the helicopters in l A.
Speaker 26: There was outside, Yo, I was freaking out, Like they had me outside for like three hours. They had me getting butt nikked outside you like I'm about to school the l A p D like And I told them like, yo, I'm cady.
Speaker 1: B Like do all look like I so some shit?
Speaker 15: Why would I do that?
Speaker 6: Like what I will never do the like?
Speaker 26: And they adn't believe me, Like it was like some white cops are saying like they didn't know who I was, so like like you know what I'm saying, like it was really tough for me and everything. They said that, like somebody gave them a clue. I really feel like it was one of my options. They're really trying to rule my life type.
Speaker 6: What the hell was Cardose?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I don't have her house in LA Basically, yeah, she said that the cops told her that they got an anonymous tip exactly she was selling drugs or whatever and but naked outside.
Speaker 9: That was a kinky cot And listen, didn't we just talk about this last hour and then this is what I was saying in the group chat last night. But you have these people who be sending all of these anonymous tips to these law enforcement officials, and these law and law enforcement officials be investigating, they be showing up because of these anonymous tips they're getting from people online.
Speaker 6: And they were swatted, like her house was swatty. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Why I want her to get naked just.
Speaker 6: Outside?
Speaker 10: I meant her and she said, and you have to even repeating like I'm Cardi. But you think you know, they didn't care, They didn't care. They still treated her, you know, like they don't care what happened. Uh, this happened a month ago, but she spoke about it yesterday. So, but Cardi's houses were swatter before. One time they showed up to our house and Georgia claiming that they got a call that shots were fired and that she was the victim.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then police showed up.
Speaker 10: And they left after they only left after off Set uncle, who was house sitting for them, called off Set, who confirmed that he was out of sound with Cardi.
Speaker 6: So that happened before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's scary too.
Speaker 9: Man, Get your money and get out, man, It's like, seriously, get your money and get out, like it ain't.
Speaker 2: Even worth it no more?
Speaker 1: But you can't. I mean, you're an artist and you live in your life and then all of a sudden, you with your family, somebody.
Speaker 2: Get your money and get out. Maybe maybe it ain't worth it to be an artist no more.
Speaker 10: And I would say go to Bali, but look like you know, they'll find your check into your hotel and go right upstairs, like, oh way, what you're doing, you don't do, You don't want to be here, Take it down a little.
Speaker 9: But it's different when somebody's accusing you of something as opposed to somebody people just targeting you for no reason, people swat, getting getting you swatten and calling law enforcement on you, saying you doing things you ain't doing.
Speaker 6: The difference, No, it is. But I don't know about this case, Simon will Body.
Speaker 10: I keep calling this man, Simone Simon go body and claims Porscha Williams brought a gunman to their house.
Speaker 6: Y'atna hear me?
Speaker 2: I did, all right?
Speaker 6: Put the phone down. Look, so you know, Simon, Simon, Simon, that's true.
Speaker 10: Simon and Porsche, you know they been having a public, messy divorce since Porscha Fiul February twenty second right. So recently, Simon said that Porsche abandoned their house only to return with a man visibly bearing a gun for reasons unknown to go Badia. He claims that Williams brought the man on two different occasions. He said in one instance March twenty first, he had to call the police to maintain the piece uh And Simon also said since the filing of the instant divorce, wife's actions have been a radic unstable, threatening and harassing to the house staff and the minor children.
Speaker 6: Look Samon keep calling them some own.
Speaker 10: Simon is also saying that much tenty four of Porsche, her mother and her mother's boyfriend made a forcible entry into their home, disengaged the security cameras and tamper with items and evidence.
Speaker 6: Of what like what is is it a crime scene?
Speaker 10: Like you know what I'm saying, like of what tampered they cut the cameras off, any tampered with items and evidence of.
Speaker 2: What I mean, that's the only one side that you got to hear both sides.
Speaker 6: Right, That's what I'm saying. Like he's making this really I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it sounds really good like another TV show we've been hearing about like alleged TV shows all morning. Simon is requesting a judge issue or restraining order against the Bravo leberty Porsha.
Speaker 6: Damn my scene that I'm married?
Speaker 2: Can he prove any of this?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 6: My god, I don't know.
Speaker 9: And I think you know, if any of it is true, it kind of makes you you look bad if you if your ex wife felt like she had to have protection when.
Speaker 6: She came back. Yeah, and you know what, Porsche need to come out with Who the F Did I Murray? Season two?
Speaker 2: So she need to go on TikTok and do sixty episodes.
Speaker 10: No, Porscha is way past TikTok Okay, she can content Bravo. It could be Bravo's first.
Speaker 1: Movie season one.
Speaker 6: Then yeah, season wise, but she but you know season she going Price?
Speaker 10: Then there was one after Reus, right, yeah, but nobody really paying attention to the lady. So yeah, the official season two Who the F Did I Murray? I had another story, but y'all talk too.
Speaker 6: Much, So just with the math, we ain't think nothing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, y'all been talking. Y'all been talking, but it's sorry. I'm gonna push it to the I'm gonna push it to.
Speaker 1: Next out, Yeah, next home, all right, and charlamun who give your uncle two man?
Speaker 6: Four after the hour.
Speaker 9: We need a congressman named David Thrown to come to the front of the congregation. He is a Democrat from Maryland.
Speaker 2: And we need to have a word with him because he's out here using racial slurs and sending hearings.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss alright, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Char some donkey to days just said himself, Charlotte man was ready.
Speaker 14: For I never read the donkey other day again, charl I'm a duncan, are arl true?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 9: Uh donkey to day for Tuesday, March twenty six, goes the congressman David Throne. Okay, he is a Maryland congressman, a Democrat running for Senate, and he recently apologized for his use of a racial slur during a budget hearing.
Speaker 2: Now, let me set this up for you.
Speaker 9: During the hearing, David Throne was discussing corporate tax rates and their impact on business, and somehow that led him to use a racial slur.
Speaker 6: Would you like to hear it here?
Speaker 13: Go?
Speaker 7: Could you do it better than the other competitor, and with that, could you create a P and L stable that works.
Speaker 6: So this Republican jigaboo, that's you know, it's a tax.
Speaker 7: Rate that's stopping that. This investment that's just completely faulty. My people have never run a business.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Now I haven't heard this racial slur in a long time. Okay, this is a throwback.
Speaker 9: I don't think I've ever heard this racial slur actually used in real life, to be honest with you. David Thrown at sixty eight years old, though born in nineteen hundred and fifty five, nine years before the civil rights back in nineteen sixty four was implemented, so he had nine years of segregation by nine, he was probably fully equipped with all the black slurs coun monkey, colored, the N word, and jigaboo, Jesus. Okay, you gotta understand, if you grew up when discriminatory practices was still in place and there were segregation in public places, you definitely use some of those slurs as a white man in this country.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 9: There's actually a phrase called a phasea where you think one word would say another. You ever heard that Avenue yes, you think one word, but you say another. So in this case, David Thrones that he intended to use the word buck aboo. I don't understand the context of either in a budget hearing. Okay, I don't know why jigabooo my boo Acon's brother boo boo from a goods boo with the apollo. I don't know why any boo would be used in the budgeteering, unless, of course, one of these elected officials is getting booed for using a racial slurs.
Speaker 2: Now, David Throne did apologize. Let's go to the news report hear what he had to say and developing.
Speaker 8: Now, Maryland Congressman David Throne has apologized for making a racial slur.
Speaker 1: He may join a House budget committee hearing.
Speaker 27: In all honesty, I'm actually not surprised.
Speaker 28: Brandon Brooks of Prince George's County says Maryland Senate kendidate David Tron's use of a racist word in Congress Thursday is no big shock.
Speaker 27: I've observed other situations where derogatory languages such as that is used freely in a white household. Cau household is no accountability because he keeps happening.
Speaker 9: White feel comfortable using this type of terminology and thinking that it's okay because that's the playbook that Trump is used.
Speaker 28: Trone declined and interview requests, but in a statement, he says that the attempted to use the word booga boo quote. I used a phrase that is offensive and that has a long, dark, terrible history and should have never been used in any conversation.
Speaker 9: Well, the Democrats are using a Trump's playbook of racial slurs, and I guess, I guess we're doomed. Listening to that news report, I'm even more confused. I still don't know why he would be quoting Beyonce, Kelly and Michelle in a Senate hearing. I don't see where there was room for bugaboo. Definitely wasn't no room for jigaboo. David also acknowledged his privilege as a white man and an elected official, recognizing his responsibility for the words he uses, particularly.
Speaker 2: In moments of intensity.
Speaker 9: Moments of intensity, that is an accurate phrase, because I was always told to pay attention to what people say out of anger, because they've been dying to tell you that. Okay, David Throne been wanting to call someone at jigaboo for a long time now. I looked up the definition of jigaboo. All the means from what I could find is it's just used as an insult and contemptuous term for a black person.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 9: So this isn't one of those times you can blame this on the Republicans because this man, David Thrown, is a Democrat, and you know y'all want to always show us the difference between Democrats and Republicans. But at the end of the day, the day going end with one of these white men, regardless of party, calling you something you don't want to be called.
Speaker 2: Please let Chelsea handle it.
Speaker 9: Give David Thrown the biggest he hee haw hee haw.
Speaker 6: That is way too much. Dan Maynes, Kathy Griffin get in on this. Please give this giant jar male the biggest he haw. I am not fighting the urge. Do it go slur for slur?
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Don't go s Yes, you gotta grow up. If I can't say that's right, come on now, I'm not gonna go slow.
Speaker 1: I see Chris Rock.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna go slur for slur. I'm not gonna see Chris macis here. Mac what's up Ma, How you guys doing? Big macis hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard the donkey.
Speaker 6: Why you don't play wibble with Big Mac?
Speaker 2: Walk in the room.
Speaker 6: No, it's gonna be take the time.
Speaker 29: But I heard the donkey, and I was thinking to myself, you know, people make It's like you said, he's used the term a lot, and it upset us and upset me when I heard it. But you know what, black people, you make things easier when they are in song.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean. So, you know, with the power of chat b e T, I was curious of what it would sound.
Speaker 1: Like t Yeah, it's the black version.
Speaker 29: His you know, his slur would have sounded like over a song would maybe I wouldn't be as mad.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna regret this.
Speaker 1: I want to hear it.
Speaker 6: Let me hear it. The window.
Speaker 1: Chieka booth cheek a booth cheek a boot, chika boot.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna band TikTok I want chat immediately.
Speaker 9: I want chat b e T band right along with TikTok Okay, get out of here.
Speaker 6: Mac, Jesus, you know what's crazy.
Speaker 10: You're gonna be like what Yeah he met he crazy to you, But I didn't know jiggaboo was a racial The first time I ever heard it was when Tory Cruz used it.
Speaker 6: And white checks, Oh you right, get this jigaboo out of my face.
Speaker 14: You don't.
Speaker 2: You don't hear it that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like over racist. You don't hear that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: They don't really hit.
Speaker 2: To be honest, nod like a little.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I have anything I think about, like like jiggero.
Speaker 9: Listen, I don't know all white men out there with black girlfriends you're dating, just try it and see what happens. Okay, I was watching I was watching the doctor Umar video. I was watching the Doctor Umar video. He said that that was a good way for interracial relationships to be scrimpled. So if you're a white man you're dating a black woman, just say that to her.
Speaker 6: Good evening.
Speaker 2: Your name and your phone, change your name and your phone play too much. Just see what happened, hurt what happened?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the donkey today.
Speaker 9: See what happens now recorded when you do, that's a good TikTok challenge, say Charlemagne told me so.
Speaker 2: Dang, I nothing to do with this. I got this, doctor Lamar.
Speaker 6: I'm lying.
Speaker 2: I am totally against it.
Speaker 1: Now right now, when we come back, Tim Ross will be joining us pasta and he's got a new book I'll called Welcome to the Basement, an Upside Down Guide to Greatness. All right, and we're gonna kick it with him next to the Breakfast Club. Goo Morning, the Breakfast Club on like everybody is dj NV just Hilari charlamage the God. We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 6: Yes, indeed, podcast a preacher, author.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Tim Ross.
Speaker 9: Welcome, my man, good to see y'all, going, good morning, chilling, great to be here with y'all.
Speaker 2: Yes, at the.
Speaker 9: Name of the book is Welcome to the Basement and Upside Down Guide to Greatness.
Speaker 2: Man, talk to us about that title.
Speaker 30: Yeah, So the Basement came from this vision I had when I was thirty years old. The nutshell is that everybody thinks that the way to success is up, but I found that the way to success is down. Since the Bible is the most upside down book that's ever been written, we realize that you know the way up is actually down.
Speaker 6: The way in, it's out. The way to live is to die. The way to get is to give.
Speaker 9: So just giving people that counter cultural idea of what it is to really press be and go down to the basement.
Speaker 1: I heard you speak about the Bible and how you feel like people are so judging but don't necessarily understand and realize the judginess that we are. Those are some of the people that we are discussing in the Bible. Yeah, for sure, break that down a little bit.
Speaker 30: What I love about the Bible is that the Bible has zero chill in the way that it pins the people that were in it. Right, Like Abraham has faith and he's a liar, like Moses a great prophet and he's a murderer. Right, David is a man after God's own heart, and he had his homie killed and impregnated his wife. The writers of the Bible have no chill in like chronicling who these people are. And I just feel like as a body, as a church, if we were as honest as the Bible that we read, people could find themselves in the story. I think it gets crazy when you get to Sunday and the preacher is trying to act like he's not as fallible as the people.
Speaker 6: That were reading about in the Bible.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So it's interesting though, right because you know you're born without sin, right, we're born in sin a child?
Speaker 30: Oh absolutely, I mean think about it, when when a baby is born, you don't have to teach that junker how to lie like that comes in line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but really because they don't sort of know any better.
Speaker 9: But if you instill what I'm saying, basically, if you instill a lot of these things into children early early on, yeah, can't they possibly not make any of those mistakes that we just talked about and they possibly know lying is wrong?
Speaker 2: Damn sure. I ain't never killed nobody.
Speaker 9: Yeah, can't you keep them from making those mistakes and being those kind of people?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 30: But again we're talking about the nature of a person when they're born. And this is why the in scripture we talk about being born again. We are born into sin, we are born in we are born again into salvation or into righteousness. We're made righteous by the blood of Jesus that was shed on the cross. So for me, it's not a matter of like you know, babies being murderers. It's just the fact that they're born into a state that is called sin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they learn us right, it's learned behavior, right, that's absolutely. So Like my daughter who's two years old, says, tell me hurt and she wants a snack, candy, woaches, whatever it may be. Because when she watches TV, she's the kids are sick on TV and they asked, mom, can I have something to make me feel better? So she follows that. So she's lying, not saying her stomach courage, but her stomach can't hurt every day.
Speaker 6: Right, right, she gets you.
Speaker 1: She's okay, yeah, I do get that. Yeah, but I do have a question, right. So I was It's one I was getting a hit cut last night and I was talking to my ball and I was like, yeah, Tim Ross wild be joining. He was like, oh, I love Tim Ross. He started talking about the basement in your podcast. He was like he had one viral moment though, but he was like, I don't think people understood and heard the full thing. And I was like, well, what was the viral moment?
Speaker 6: He was like, he compared Jesus on.
Speaker 1: A cross to a strip on a pole.
Speaker 6: Not quite and he was like, Lord, he told me, but he was like, he was like, but people.
Speaker 1: Didn't hear the whole thing. At the end, they will get it, but I don't think people got it. So you got to ask them to clarify that.
Speaker 30: So yeah, for sure. So yeah, I said the only the only stripper that I love is Jesus. Like that's that's the only stripper that I Okay, So Jesus came out of heaven to put on humanity, he took off glory to put on divinity. Then he was stripped, butt naked and died on a tree. So the only that's why I said the only stripper that I love is Jesus. So people did take it out of context, and it was a viral moment. The people in the room understood it. There was a lot of people that felt like it was inappropriate or tasteless. That's their opinion. I know the people I was talking to. I know that anytime people are doing this in a church service, I think they know the context of stripper and what I meant when I made the statement.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I guess what I was.
Speaker 30: Did Jesus script or was he script He stripped and was stripped because he took off glory. He stripped himself of that, like everything that made him god in divine, he took that off so that he could live and dwell among us. He's fully God and fully man, but he took off that glory side of him so that he could relate to us.
Speaker 9: Do you think you have to start at the bottom to accomplish true success, because, I mean a lot of us, especially black people in this country, we don't have a choice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 9: But I mean for those of us who are breaking generational curses, absolutely, you know, creating better foundations for our kids to start from, you feel like you have to start from the bottom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I know.
Speaker 30: My if we talk about the bottom as like a spot, I don't think everybody has to start from there. But mentality wise, I believe it's good to have humility and think of yourself not more highly than you really are. My mom made a dope statement too many years ago. She said, no matter how high you go to him, just remember you're still going to be at the feet of Jesus.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 30: So when you think about that, when you think about the success that you all have attained, the success that a lot of us have attained. Yeah, my kids, I was born in the hood. My kids are straight up upper middle class black kids. I don't want them to start from where I started from, but I still want them to have that mentality to be humble, to not walk around like they arrogant, to not walk around like they are better than anybody else, and to give back to the people that they see they are less fortunate.
Speaker 1: Well, that's regardless. I think that's anybody, no matter how much money you what you want for you, that's what we want.
Speaker 6: And that's the mentality that I teach in that book.
Speaker 9: And I guess we're all starting at ground zeal right because even if you create a great foundation for your kids, they still have to go out there on their journey back. They're still starting at absolutely yeah, absolutely so yeah, that's that's that's my mentality for it.
Speaker 3: Talk.
Speaker 2: This is about chapter four, the off of a meete is what is off of a media?
Speaker 30: Yeah, bro, So it's one of one of my favorite chapters in the book, because Jesus died for you, for you, for everybody in this room, everybody in the world off of a maybe, Like, first of all, if I was Jesus, I would you.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have no choice but to serve me.
Speaker 9: If I died for you're you're going to serve me like, there's not gonna be no like, Hey, I'm gonna give you free will envy.
Speaker 6: You got a choice.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna haunt you like I'm gonna be on your neck every day until you like realize I poured out blood for you.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: But Jesus went to the cross knowing that some people are still not going to accept them, that some people are still gonna mock them, that some people are still gonna.
Speaker 6: Act like he didn't do what he did.
Speaker 30: And to me, that's an extravagant gesture to die for somebody knowing they might do it and they might not, but I love them so much I'm gonna do it anyway, and hopefully they get the revelation of it.
Speaker 1: All right. We got more with Tim Ross when we come back. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Guy, We got a breakfast club. We're still kicking it with Tim Ross.
Speaker 9: I talked about the language of Uh, you know, I guess pastoring is dead because you know we had tied tribute up here yep.
Speaker 2: And you know my homie good brother, you know he said that, Uh, the church was whack.
Speaker 5: So I think the institution of church is whack. I think how church is ran is whack. I think the religious system and structure is whack. I don't subscribe to it. Even though I grew up in it, I benefited from it.
Speaker 1: But I learned that God is not the church.
Speaker 6: And once I realized whoa God, ain't church for me? You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I ain't from the streets.
Speaker 6: I'm from the church. So that was a huge thing as well.
Speaker 9: Everybody took that line, Yeah, the church is whack, But what he was saying was the church should be about the people. With the church makes the people about the church, they're not serving and loving the people. So his initial statement was, man, the church is whack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here is the reasons why.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And but y'all know this.
Speaker 30: Nobody listens to the whole thing for context anymore. The ninety seconds sound by this the whole message. Now, the message for you is the message for you. It's a message for me. Nobody goes, oh, I wonder what Charlemagne was talking about. Let me go listen to the who I wonder what dj Envy meant? Let me go listen to the whole thing. Nah, your ninety seconds is the whole conversation. Ty Trippan is the lead pastor of a church in Orlando. So if the next said the.
Speaker 6: Church was whack, he talked about himself, right, he would be saying his church is whack.
Speaker 2: That's not what he was saying.
Speaker 30: But nobody listens for the period anymore. They just listen to the comma. And that's that's just the nature of social media right now.
Speaker 6: And what do you think?
Speaker 2: What did you think about his comments?
Speaker 6: Do you agree?
Speaker 9: Yes, of course I agree now because I know he wasn't generalizing, but he's talking about specific churches.
Speaker 6: What I love is that he didn't name them. You know what I'm saying, Like, the best way to counterac a whack church is to.
Speaker 2: Have a real one.
Speaker 6: I ain't got a name like y'all.
Speaker 9: I ain't got to get up here and talk about the other stations, Like, don't listen to the other stations.
Speaker 1: We the best.
Speaker 30: Just be the best and everybody will know that the rest ain't worth listening to. And so when I was a pastor, it was the same thing. It was like, let me just teach the Bible. I know there's some whack teaching out here that some whack preachers out here. The best thing I can do is be authentic in the way that I lead, authentic and in the way that I teach scripture, staying true to scripture, and then letting everybody else go figure out when they listen to somebody else like you or not, I ain't that ain't what I get.
Speaker 6: I get better food at home.
Speaker 1: You think the business of church has hurt the quote unquote church where you see pastes getting arrested, you see so many things going on. You think that's hurt church so much when people don't know if they can actually trust a preacher, pastor church. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 30: That's part of the incongruence that really breaks my heart, right, is that it's the same thing with police officers.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 30: My mother worked for the LAPD for thirty years. I went to school, staid it to be a homicide detective. That's what I wanted to do with my whole life. And so when you see what happens to George Floyd and what happens to so many people across this nations, and then they say all police are whack, it's like, well, that's not true. Right, In the same way, you see a pastor get arrested, you see a pastor get exposed for this, that and the other, and then.
Speaker 9: It's like all passes are like this, and it's like it's not true the file. I call on the people that are like, that's why I don't go to church.
Speaker 30: I'm like, y'all's got food poisoning before and still still went back out teach, Like, you know.
Speaker 9: What I'm saying, Nobody said I'm home cooking.
Speaker 1: Meals from now on.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, I'll never go out. I'm never doing uber eats again, never gonna have a door dash. No, you just don't f with that Chinese food place no more. But don't say you're gonna write off all restaurants. So in the same way, it's like, don't say all churches hurt you. That one did that one on the corner, So go fight another one and if you really got hurt, get you know, go to therapy, get over that little hurt, and then move around.
Speaker 2: Now, did you really I'm just going back to the Chrison on more time. Did you tell people you were gonna stop Christy because you got backlass from the church.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, not from backlass from the church. I did not. First of all, let me let me, let me give you context. I use strong language on a total of four pods total.
Speaker 30: Okay, the way they replay that thing, you would think I was Dave Chappelle in every episode of The Basement I ever did.
Speaker 6: Like what's up mother efforts, you know, welcome to the Basement.
Speaker 2: That wasn't the case.
Speaker 30: I talked to a dear friend of mine who I appreciate his church and he had a lot of his congregants that were concerned that I used strong language on my podcast that they listened to the podcast and they attend this person's church.
Speaker 6: After I finished talking to him, I was like, bro, it ain't that serious.
Speaker 9: Like I don't want you in your welcome center answering questions about your friend who has a podcast.
Speaker 6: So I'm not dying on that.
Speaker 9: And because I still preach for a few of my friends in churches, I just decided to back off from.
Speaker 6: Using strong language on the mic.
Speaker 30: That wasn't even far enough for the people that don't like me, because they want me to say it's a sin, it's God, it might be your conviction, it's.
Speaker 2: Not a sin.
Speaker 9: I've never come close to using it in the pulpit. We could talk about some preachers that do right and have they're on church milk. It ain't that serious to me. The Bible says curse the devil though, well okay, so so let's let's talk about the differ between cursing and cussing.
Speaker 6: These are not the same thing.
Speaker 2: Break it down from me.
Speaker 9: A curse see you are as Yeah, like cursing is that's a real thing. Like cursing is scriptural. Cussing Cussing is a matter of language and who won the last war?
Speaker 2: But I thought witchcraft ain't supposed to be part of diseasi though.
Speaker 9: No, Witchcraft is definitely a sin. Yeah, Scripture is clear on that. So cursing, curse the devil? How do you curse the devil to U?
Speaker 14: R S?
Speaker 9: But I say Satan in a minute. I've been saying literally that. That's been an affirmation of mine all my life. Whenever I get my anxiety attacking out the child I used to say, I love Joebah God, I love Joba God and this sun, Jesus Christ. I love Joel God and its sun.
Speaker 6: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: I love Johbah God and sun Jesus Christ. I've been saying that since I was a child.
Speaker 6: Sounds like.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, as a child, in my brain I would say that.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 30: First of all, I'm trying to figure out where the scripture is that actually says cursed to death.
Speaker 2: I know I might have just made that. I think you did. I'm running a reference in my head.
Speaker 6: I'm like that don't even sound familiar, Like I don't even remember that verse. But what I will say though, is word curses are a real thing.
Speaker 2: Uh. People again have had issue with my strong language.
Speaker 30: I'm not here to defend it or again their convictions are different from mine, no sense than going around the bush. What I will say though, is I've had more hurt at the hands of people in church that have never used the curse word, but have gossip, lied backbitten, spread rumors, spread lies. That's what scripture talks about when it says, you know, don't use filthy communication.
Speaker 2: It's talking about those types of things.
Speaker 30: So for me, I'm trying to just be authentic and true to who I am and the people that I feel like i'm called to.
Speaker 9: What was one main message that you hope people get from reading this book versus listening to your podcast.
Speaker 6: My hope in prayer when they read the book is that the world will literally be.
Speaker 30: Turned upside down with the message love and hope of Jesus Christ, and that they will spend the rest of their life trying to upset others. I talk about being a do gooder in that book all the time, and the world is already cynical, and if we could just show our good deeds to people, we could soften the hearts of both men and women and give them a proper perspective on a loving God, because he really is loving, like he loved the world so much he gave his son before we even knew to ask for. He gave so to give people that hope. That's what I hope they metabolize in the book and that they actually live out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome to the basement and upside down, God to greatness. It's out right now, and we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you man.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Check out his podcast, Thank you for coming, brother, Thank you man.
Speaker 1: Tim Ross is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club is Friday.
Speaker 3: Yet, No it is not.
Speaker 2: It's only Tuesday, baby, We're just getting started. No, no, we're pregnant. We're all pregnant.
Speaker 9: Just we're just getting started. It's only Tuesday, baby. Okay, morning everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess because the news is read is real.
Speaker 15: Whether it's just Robin Moore, just don't do no line, don't do.
Speaker 2: That world wid Jess worldwide.
Speaker 1: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: She's a coaching ship.
Speaker 20: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something.
Speaker 18: That nobody could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 6: Okay, story, story stories, do it.
Speaker 10: Marcia Ambrosias, love her, love her, That's what's up, She questions Stevie Wonder's site, quoting his lyrics.
Speaker 6: I see it's in the.
Speaker 10: Park, she said, do you well he can envision it, like just because I said, that's called imagination of the blind. Yes, And she was on Tank paulcast and she was saying that, like the ribbon in the sky, like do you you know?
Speaker 6: Like we know he doesn't see it now.
Speaker 9: The only thing I do wonder about stuff like that, if he's never seen a park, what does the park look like in his because he was going blind?
Speaker 6: Correct, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think he was partially imagination though, right, because he's.
Speaker 2: But what do you imagine? You've never seen it to be able to imagin.
Speaker 1: When you but he get here, you see stuff, they describe it.
Speaker 10: Now if he now, now, if you want to come up as soon as he go up the tank park is like, I wish you had what you said. They're gonna be real made all right. Will Smith's slept with speeding ticket and melible.
Speaker 1: Will Smith ticket. He wasn't even going that fast. He was sixty four and the forty five.
Speaker 2: That's fast as hell. Boy, that's twenty miles the speed limits talking about.
Speaker 1: That's actually nineteen and that's Will Smith.
Speaker 12: So what.
Speaker 6: He's above the law? Will love Will, but above the laws. You slap somebody beating the speed give a smack on you.
Speaker 2: You wanted in one.
Speaker 9: Yes, you like the party, party because you you like celebrities get away with anything. Just because there's a celebrity that I said, it's Will Smith. I mean he's speeding, that's what he was doing.
Speaker 10: Lord John elaborates on new Meditation album. He said, I have to talk regular. Sometimes you get think, oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Camp claims Rick Ross is hiding a child who it's like, Drake, I.
Speaker 9: Don't understand that that's that's funny as hell, I don't understand what it sounds funny.
Speaker 2: It sounds funny is the mother you're hiding a child that looks like don't even mean?
Speaker 6: What does that mean?
Speaker 18: How you saying?
Speaker 6: Look?
Speaker 10: Euphoria has Oh, Euphoria series has been delayed again. Cast members free to pursue other opportunities. Well, they should have been free to pursue opportunities, because now this is another year that they're adding to.
Speaker 6: Like the hold of this show.
Speaker 10: This is crazy and they could have been in so many other things and all the other people, so many other things.
Speaker 9: And there's no way them kids coming back and they're still in high school. Come on're gonna have to do something different. There's no way they're gonna bring that show back in the grown ass kids still in high school and fast dead that's the name rights.
Speaker 6: In real life.
Speaker 9: But he probably the I don't want to say the beauty of it because it's not a beautiful thing that the young man has passed, but the way that the last show.
Speaker 6: Anyway exactly.
Speaker 10: Yeah right about or just ended there because yo, this is the problem I have. But when they part shows her so long like P Valley all right, the time, it's been so long since it came back.
Speaker 6: Now, don'tbody even care no more? That's crazy.
Speaker 10: You're delaying it another light again? And then people then they they left us on a cliff with P Valley. But now they got to spin off talking about down in the Valley.
Speaker 6: What happened? Fabulous posted up with new boot in Dubai.
Speaker 10: Okay, why do we care? Kelly Price is doing well? Jonathan Major's key Price to see that she was doing well. Just say Kelly Price is doing well? Price absolutely what if she was like, I don't need no healing energy.
Speaker 6: I've been already because we know Key all right.
Speaker 10: Jonathan Majors wins over TMZ tour bus, singing happy birthday to fans.
Speaker 6: You sing, I don't know if he jumped on the bus. I don't know, but I know they I know they call him coming out of the gym the other day. He drive a van.
Speaker 2: It ain't over for Jonathan Majors. I want you to know that Major is gonna be okay.
Speaker 6: I ain't saying because he drive a van is over. I'm like, damn, I ain't trying to say it like that he.
Speaker 2: Was dripping a van.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 6: It was a Yeah, it was a van.
Speaker 10: Like what type of band like from back in the day, like allectually, But yeah, it was definitely a van in real life.
Speaker 3: I wonder.
Speaker 6: Imagine him like pull it up with make good.
Speaker 1: In the van.
Speaker 8: What's wrong with that? Might be manifesting the family? Okay, be no minivan now like the pedophile like being with don't know? Next story and for what?
Speaker 1: Why why.
Speaker 2: The man's name is Jonathan Major? Is not minus?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: Yo, y'all on one today?
Speaker 10: All right, listen, New York State is aiming to make cheating legal. Now, this is the story I was gonna come in the second.
Speaker 6: I will listen.
Speaker 10: Since nineteen oh seven, cheating has been a crime in New York. And I didn't know that New York is the only state where you can actually go to jail for cheating. Imagine you being in there, You're like what you went for? Somebody like man cheating?
Speaker 6: Like I didn't know that. Yeah, we have a news report Fox twenty six.
Speaker 4: Now, infidelity could put any marriage in jeopardy, but any New Yorkers who are cheating could land in jail. Thanks to a state law that's been a while, been around a while. Adultery has actually been a crime, a crime misdemeanor in New York City since nineteen oh seven. A new bill is making its way through the New York legislature to end that law repeal it. Only about a dozen people have been charged under the law since nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 6: It's punishable by up to three months in prison. That's crazy. Learn something every day. I had no idea. You didn't know, so you must not a digit cheating In New York.
Speaker 2: Black men don't cheat.
Speaker 10: Legislators have tried to have the law removed in nineteen sixty four, but nothing ever came out of it. And look, somebody said, well, Assemblyman Charles Levigne said, it's a joke. This law was someone's expression of moral outreach. And that's what I believe. How you gonna send somebody to jail for cheating?
Speaker 1: But with all the horrible laws in New York City, that's the law that's a politician or legislator focused on.
Speaker 6: Yep, And since the sixties they've been trying to get removed and have it.
Speaker 2: I don't see the problem with him focusing on that law.
Speaker 1: There's all types of other laws that I think with jail over see that.
Speaker 2: Well, what if that's a congressman that's cheating?
Speaker 6: You don't want to he's going.
Speaker 2: Problem with this? Okay, okay, I just didn't know it was an actual crime.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, well cheating. Yeah in New York.
Speaker 2: Your whole time, men don't cheat.
Speaker 10: What about yo, what if it can be like in the past, cheating that people can get locked up for.
Speaker 6: I'm be doing a show by myself.
Speaker 1: All right, that's just what the meat.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about. I love New Jersey.
Speaker 6: I'm a faithful black man. I believe it. Nobody after you you believe.
Speaker 1: I hate y'all. I hate y'all. All right up next, you got the People's Choice mixes the Breakfast clubcal Boy, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. It's Women's History Month and we're celebrating the most influential women in history. Check out this phenomenal woman.
Speaker 6: Morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ Envy, Jesse, Larry Charlamage, the God we are the Breakfast Club. It's Women's History Month for we repon today.
Speaker 10: Today, I'm honoring our political sister, Angela ra who is an award winning host, social justice advocate, a lawyer, and commentator on networks like CNN an ESPN. In other words, she's never scared to put the right side in their place. She is also the principal and CEO of Impact Strategies and recently became the founder of Reason Choice Media and one of the hosts alongside Andrew Gilliam and Tiffany Cross on the Native Lamp podcast.
Speaker 6: Keep doing your work, girl, Yes, salute to the good sister, Angela raie Man.
Speaker 1: Shout to angel Arai. Absolutely all right when we come back. We got the positive note. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, and that was another phenomenal woman in history. Mourning everybody. It's dj NV, Jesse, Larry Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here. Charlamann, you got a positive note?
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 9: First of all, I want to tell y'all make sure make sure to go get your tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening Saturday, April twenty seventh. I know I say the same thing every day at this time, like like a song we play on the radio. But go get your tickets event bright dot com our Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival. Okay, see you Saturday, April twenty seventh in Atlanta. If you love podcast the way I love podcasts. If you attended the Black Effect Podcast Festival last year, same thing, same thing, same thing, just a different set of podcast on that stage. Luthor Wallow and Gilly they'll be on that stage. Just Hilarious will be on that stage. We Carefully Reckless the Poor Minds podcast will be on that stage.
Speaker 2: Is hosted by b dot and pretty v.
Speaker 9: So we'll see you Saturday, April twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia at Pullmanyard's Okay, Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival are event bright dot com to go. Get your tickets now. The positive notice simply this. I believe the best thing I ever did in my adult life was start digging deep. Okay, start digging deep, going to therapy, doing the work, and asking myself why I am the way I am and why do I do things the way I do. It takes a lot of work and intentionality, but getting to know yourself on a deeper level will help you thrive.
Speaker 6: Trust me, I like that thank you row Yes that came from you didn't it. No, Oh my god, breakfast club. Bit do y'all finish for y'all done?