Speaker 1: If you're about to make a change in your life and you feel uncomfortable, that's the best feeling you can have because for the first time in your life, you'll make a new decision that's going to be best for you and not what somebody told you to do. And that's when all bets are off. Welcome to Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I'm your host, Rashaan MacDonald. Our theme is there's no perfect time to start following your dreams. I recognize that we all have different definitions of success.
Speaker 2: For you and maybe decide to.
Speaker 1: Your HM, it's time to stop reading other people's success stories to start.
Speaker 2: Living your own keep winning. My guest is Tamila Man.
Speaker 1: She is a favorite on my show and I always am happy to have her back. She's a Grammy Award winning gospel singer, Tamala's her wife, mother, actress, and most importantly, a businesswoman with an apparel line. We're gonna talk about all these things. She is the number one guest on my Money Making Conversation platform, so always I'm always happy to have a back. Please Welcome to the show, Tamila Man.
Speaker 2: How you doing, Miss Man?
Speaker 3: Good morning, I'm doing great. How about yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, you know always always, First of all, thank you for taking the time or your business schedule, anything you want to share before we get into the interview, because you always got something new. You always do breaking news on the show, you know, anything breaking news.
Speaker 4: First of all, let me thank you, thank you guys for having me. And I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be able to share and to be able to spread the word and to encourage other people that they can.
Speaker 2: Do it too.
Speaker 3: And then like he did it for me, but he did it for you too, and he can do it for you. And I'm just really.
Speaker 1: Excited, Okay, because news.
Speaker 3: So I was giving it to you.
Speaker 1: So because we go on into summer, you know, I was out there shopping for some little separate you know, and so so I realized that that's one of the most that's one of the most most purchase. You know, you get shoots, you can get dresses, but separates and casual apparel is the number one sellers out there.
Speaker 2: Tell us fill us in on the details, Tamla.
Speaker 4: Well, the detail, well, the details on that is actually I'm shapewear is actually one of the number one sellers period on the platform. Out there for as women because.
Speaker 3: Everybody's always wanting to be nicely shaped up, and you.
Speaker 4: Know, it just looks nice. It makes you looks nice and you clothes. So our shapewear is our prime thing that we have for this summer that we're releasing this coming week. So I'm just encouraging the ladies' sizes from Hey.
Speaker 3: You know, we go from twelve to thirty two what we have, so you just just tall.
Speaker 4: You just go to tamblaman dot com check it out, check out the screen to make sure for your size, and go from there. But I'm just excited about it because everybody been asking me so shry out. I'm just I'm getting it out there. So y'all, y'all do what y'all do. Come on now, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Well, you know till just watching you grow, you know, just watching you grow as a person as a business woman, you know, and a spokeswoman, a spokesperson, you know.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So so how is that you know when when people come to you now like you you know, because I know it's a little shyness when you're talking about your your your shape wear, but it's part of the crown that you wear. Now, you know, how are you if you give people advice about expectations and also living up to the expectation.
Speaker 2: How do you handle that?
Speaker 4: You know, it can sometimes feel a little heavy, like you can feel the heaviness of people like watching you and things like that. But the only thing I can do, I can be the best meat that I can be. I can just share the knowledge that I have, and when it comes to health and wellness, you know, to me, it's been a struggle with that part, and I just let people in that, you know, I'm working on it, working with it, and I'm just whatever somebody can give me to encourage me, Like I'm trying to encourage you with your gear, which I call it gear instead of shaping.
Speaker 3: Or people say girdles.
Speaker 4: But I just think it's important that we look nice just because we think, don't mean that we have to just look any kind of way and just have to just all thrown out there where we cannot be neatly, you know, neatly dressed.
Speaker 3: And that's what shapewear does for you.
Speaker 4: And I just like to be able to share, especially with my thick ladies, that we have stuff that can look nice on us. That's what I really you know, grabbed and to gravitated that I wanted good quality clothing for us shop because sometimes you know, you get fabrics and you hold it up or even when you can see through it, and I was like, I don't want people to be able.
Speaker 3: To see through my things.
Speaker 4: It's like or see your body before they get to you, meaning they see you your.
Speaker 3: Skin coming through your clothes.
Speaker 4: You know, things like that is very important to me, and that way is heavy on me that I still have to find things that's compatible for us pricing because the more you want it, the better quality. Of course, you know, it costs more money bottom line. And I'm just trying, you know, I'm learning this thing like you were saying earlier, and to just be honest with people, and you know, you know, we do it for other genres or other people that are not from our community. I just want us to learn to support one another and we all can grow and we all can be millionaires, billions or whatever we want.
Speaker 3: To be influenced if we support our own.
Speaker 4: As black people, guys, we don't really need nobody. We could do it all by ourselves, you know, just by supporting.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to Tamila Man, she's appreciating the economics. So the Black community, we support each other. We don't need nobody to support us.
Speaker 2: And that's really true.
Speaker 1: And that's why I created this platform, Money Making Conversation master Class, because I wanted to make sure that entrepreneurs in the Black community recognize you are new stars. You just happen to be an incredibly gifted singer and incredibly gifted actors, but you also as an entrepreneur needs to be recognized that and female entrepreneurs are the fastest growing segment of small businesses, and so and we need to we need to realize that because that's a that's a big thing to undertain understand. And like I grew up with six sisters, and so when you start talking about shape, where we start talking about, you know, sizes that are on patigue, you start getting above twelve, you know, you know the brother the last five to ten years, women have been able to who felt that were full figured can actually be comfortable being full figured. And I think you know, and I think that because you know, you used to go our shop. All you had was a big old T shirt, big old T shirt. They they had, they had the big T shirts for the for those ladies, but they didn't have the gear or the or the or the apparel that allowed them to be proud of what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Talk about that transition because part of that.
Speaker 3: Looked nice and didn't look like a tablecloth.
Speaker 1: Right And and like I said, I can say that because I got six sisters, so I've dealt with their emotions. I've dealt with them, you know, uh, how they had to deal with that, how they had to and then they also I have to deal with their friends. Now you, like I said, you've been part of that revolution or evolution. What has been the tremendous Traine is it? Is it the fact that you know, we have the Lizos out there, we have that, and that they had that commotional I think that Dove commercial we had all the four figured ladies posing in their underwear looking comfortable. One has been the significant change to make this a comfortable, a comfortable conversation.
Speaker 3: You know what I think?
Speaker 4: What being honest, since you're talking about the money of the economics of it, is they see that they can make money than anybody them showing us and people that look like us. You know, I don't need to see you know, nothing against anybody that's small, but if you're trying to sell me something, I need to see somebody this thick like me. I don't need to see a small person a critique person that doesn't look like me, because that doesn't make me feel like whatever it is is going to look right and fit my shape, you know, or you know the way that I'm built.
Speaker 3: So I think that's the importance of it.
Speaker 4: And they see now we're getting more eyes and more commercials because they see that they can make money from us.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well, the way you've always made money is that you've been spirited by the Lord, by the word.
Speaker 3: Right, they can make money for us plus plus sized people.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely no.
Speaker 1: No, I don't just make it a positive transition. I'm about to get you why I really brought you own the show, you know. I you know, there's always been a blessing these type of relationships where I get to see people grow, you know, and I get to pH see them somehow.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: They're in the back and then they.
Speaker 1: Then they come into the front, and then also they're in front of everybody, and they become natural leaders, and you become a natural leader, you know, And then the Natural Leader and the weight loss.
Speaker 2: You know, he was a spokesperson in that.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about that transition because of the fact that that.
Speaker 2: Again it was personal.
Speaker 1: You're doing a lot of personal endeavors as an entrepreneur. Now, how does it how does that impact you and impact your family? Do you sit down with your family when you make these decisions. When we were discussing the weight loss, I know it's tied to your needs and all that stuff, but talk about that.
Speaker 4: Well, it is kind of something that I especially sit on the top of David about and then I just kind of just let my kids know kind of like what I'm doing. So if someone asks them is you know, they can kind of answer.
Speaker 3: That and so yes or no factor.
Speaker 4: But I and it's important because of my family. You know, obesity runs in my family and we easy you know, it's like we have some small ones, but we have a way where we can be.
Speaker 3: Some thick ones if we don't watch it.
Speaker 4: So I'm just really trying to learn to do better. You know, in my situation, because my mother was a full figure woman and she dealt with high blood pressure and she didn't have a diabetes. Ran on my father's side, So I'm really trying to be careful and like I say, it's an uphill journey.
Speaker 3: Like some people may have problems with drinking or drugs.
Speaker 4: Mine happened to be not even eating enough, eating wrong, And it's like learning to do different things. So it's important that we if we share and.
Speaker 3: Talk about it. You know, group therapy really is it really.
Speaker 4: Can help a lot of us because you feel like, first of all, that you're not alone. Somebody else is dealing with the same issues that I'm dealing with. I'm not just the only one making a bad choice, and it kind of takes a little pressure off the mind where it don't just go heavily forwards on the mental side, where it can put you into a quession. When you can talk about it, you learn to talk about issues and we face the facts about ourselves that Okay, you got to issue here. You know you're picking wrong, you're choosing wrong. You know, you just keep going back the same way. And it's like I'm believing in asking God, but it's also things that I have to grab hold to and acknowledge that, Okay, Lord, I'm like like this morning, I was like, damn girl, you know, it's like talking to myself, like you gotta get this, you gotta do this. It's a day to day fight. It's like I feel like, for instance, that's somebody you know. It's like, well that's what everybody want to invite you out to eat, or they'll bring you something, fix you something that's not the right thing.
Speaker 3: It's like it's the devil. But it's like, but it's still. It's a process.
Speaker 4: It's really it really is a process and a learning not to point the finger at other people. But the point to fingish yourself that you need to address again face facts by yourself.
Speaker 2: You know. The beauty of see this is the humbleness. Let me see.
Speaker 1: That's why I love interviewed her her London Adam, two of my favorite people. They both humble, brilliant people. Okay, but I'm gonna tell you how brilliant she is.
Speaker 2: Okay. Tamla Man in history is the first gospel artist with nine number one singles on.
Speaker 1: Billboard's Gospel Airplay Chart, and it started and ended recently with he did It for Me. Now see when you start seeing see this is the humble part of this conversation. She actually talking to me. Okay, nine. Now, this is Michael Jackson talk. Okay, this Elvis Pressley talk. You know what I'm saying. This is Beatles talk.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why I told her you'll be headlining in Essence one day. Because my whole thing is that you just can't keep not hearing about this greatness and not showcasing this greatness.
Speaker 5: Please don't go anywhere. We'll be right back with more money Making Conversations now master Class. Welcome back to the Money Making Conversations Masterclass hosted by Rashaan McDonald. Money Making Conversations. Masterclass continues online at Moneymakingconversations dot com and follow money Making Conversations Masterclass on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Speaker 2: Nine though, Tamla nine, when you when? When does it soak in? When does it when?
Speaker 1: When do you realize what you're doing to us and and and uplifting us?
Speaker 2: Come on now, I made you cry last night.
Speaker 1: I didn't bring you back to cry now come on now, I know, but it's jarfl tears.
Speaker 4: Though it's not sad, it's like happy and I don't know. All I know is I accepted the call and I am just trying to be a willing vessel to encourage God's people, inspire, bring hope and it minds so happened to come through music, and I got worried back.
Speaker 3: In like an hour or so later.
Speaker 4: It was saying, you know that Billboard had put that out about it being the ninth and because I really don't look at all that stuff, I don't read.
Speaker 2: My job, that's my job, that's my job. I don't keep up with it.
Speaker 4: I don't keep up with it. But when I heard it, my eyes teared up. But my thing is to share. God has no respected person. If he did it for me, he can do it for you. And I'm just grateful that He's done it for me. And my tears are like it's like overwhelming because it came out of frustration and hearing somebody saying, why is things coming to her? Why is you know, why is her songs being number one of Why is she getting movie deals or you know, selected to do TV?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: When I went back to my I was talking to my daughter Tea and the producer feel I was like I to.
Speaker 3: Start crying because I was like, why want somebody say stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Because I'm trying so hard to just be out here, just working and just trying to be a light bottom line, and.
Speaker 3: I just start expressing and just talking, well.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, and thank you. You know you're always grateful, You always thankful. Like I said, there's always a positive journey.
Speaker 1: When I bring you on the show to talk about it just uplifting for my listeners and my viewers who get to see it on video.
Speaker 2: Because you're such a positive shine light.
Speaker 1: But I'll be remiss if I don't talk about your number one fan, you know, who's always been pushing you out front.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, you know Big d You know David.
Speaker 4: And he is he is, He's always he's up working late all the time.
Speaker 3: David is my number one supporter. He always tells me, he said, I'm a number one fan.
Speaker 4: And to just see him standing on the sidelines, I try not to look at him because he's singing with me, and he's like, and if I don't feel good, y'all, he'll sing every.
Speaker 3: Song, every word hear be on the side like I was pushing you. I was pushing you. I was singing with you. That's why you was able to hit that note because I was singing.
Speaker 4: Which he's always making me laugh and I tell him constantly that I appreciate him and for just loving me and working behind the scenes when people don't know. Everything that's happening is you know, with the Lord and him is happening because of him and the Lord right and the Lord first, and it's just amazing and.
Speaker 3: I really, I just I can't thank him enough.
Speaker 4: I can't thank him enough for just believing in me when I didn't believe in myself.
Speaker 1: That's what I wanted to hear, because we talk about that about you all the time.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, and pushing me, I mean, because you know, he gave me, he helped me each stay.
Speaker 3: Up the gifts as he did because.
Speaker 4: I was, you know, like you said, the shyness and standing at in the forefront.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Happy with just being in the background, singing behind Kirk Franklin and singing behind whoever, you know, just being backstage.
Speaker 3: He was like, no, you were a class town and people need to hear that.
Speaker 4: So it's just it's amazing to have somebody around you that pushed you and that loved you.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: A lot of people they look at me to go with Shelle, You're always doing so many different things but you do it so well, I said, I was telling her. October nineteen ninety one, I prayed to God and I said, look, if you allowed me to take advantage of my talent, I promise you I'll give you one hundred percent in every lane.
Speaker 2: That I go. I told you that's what that date.
Speaker 1: I put it on a little yellow post and put it on my wall when I was in an apartment three fifty a month. You know, all bills are played. It was no bigger than five hundred square feet in Hollywood, and I put it on my wall and I said, look, and I just came out of spending thirty days in the hospital by long and collapse.
Speaker 2: But I went, look, if you.
Speaker 1: Allowed me to follow my dream, I give you one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And so when people look at me, oh you're Bacon Reshine. You're doing this. You imagine this, You're doing this TV show? How can you say thing? You? How you doing all this stuff? Well, yeah, God told me.
Speaker 1: Not their law clock. He woke me up. Now when he woke me up, he said, go do what you do. You know, when the favors come your way, you grab them. Okay, the people out there who are hating out there looking out on the outside. Why doesn't happened to you because you too much worried about what I'm doing. And so they build the relationship of what you can do talk to us.
Speaker 4: When I do, I'm prayed and ask God. And see, faith with our works is dead. So you gotta when you pray it, you gotta believe it.
Speaker 3: See. The thing is is when you stuck that on that wall and you said that prayer.
Speaker 4: You believe God beyond when you can see. So that's when he worked. When you have faith and oh they work together. And when you're when you pray and ask God and when you believe it. That's why he said, if you have the faith, the size of mustle. See we're not preaching you, guys. We're just trying to encourage you through the world of God that all things are possible if you believe.
Speaker 3: And He only works if you believe.
Speaker 4: Whatever it is, if it's healing, whatever deliverance, whatever you need to come through for you, it's only going to happen if you believe that it can happen. He moves and that's the action of it. That's how he moves is because you believe. When you're given this gift because for singing okay, because my body, I'm not Jesus. My body does get tired, my voice does get tired. Being away from my family can be pulled. It has been strenuous at times, especially when my kids were small and even sometimes being adults, missing things and in you working and trying to make things still happen, and they're not understanding that.
Speaker 3: And you got a lot on your book and on your.
Speaker 4: Plate that you're still I'm still so when you do need to come to me, I'm still working. So when you do need what you need, it's in the bank mainland or you or the word of encouragement can be put there. So that's what I mean. It's not easy because it can be painful and to hear sometimes the ridicule that we were just talking about earlier, when the naysayers are going and at work. But I'm but I'm encouraged because I know that God has me and i know He's gonna do it because I'm believing it and after I ask and believe He's doing it. But that's what I mean by the gifts are not easy. If when the body gets tired and I'm pressing and even like to this day, if I get horse for you, I get so teary eyed, and that I feel like I'm not able to give my best because I always on my mother say love.
Speaker 3: The Lord with all your heart, and the Lord to take you far.
Speaker 4: I always she said, always do things like you just said one hundred. Whatever you do, do it to the best of your ability. Give it everything that you have. And every time that I stand before God's people, I am trying to let them have everything that I have in me. It's like I'm leaving it out there. I'm leaving on whatever stage, whatever, two or three minutes I get.
Speaker 3: I got that from trailer season. I'm giving it.
Speaker 1: Out my aw I'm telling you she I'm speaking to tamlah Man. She is a Grammy Award winning singer. Bill Board recently announced she is the first gospel artist with nine number one singles on Billboard's Gospel Airplay Charge. She has an incredible deluxe version of the Overcomer. It's coming out to live twenty second on all the streaming platforms. Please don't listen, Please don't understand that when I bring on the show, she's motivation for me as a as a as a believer. She's motivation for the people who listen to her because they know if she can do it. She's not telling you you can't. She's sharing the blessings with information. And that's what we're doing. Money making money, money making money making conversation masterclass again, Tamila, thank you for your time. As usual, you normally blasting. We're gonna get some of some of the banners. Put them up, because you know I already put it out there before you tag me. You know I was out there promoting to just said I was out there promote for you, even knew I was because i't love, I don't hate, I don't hate, I don't hate. I gotta If you shining, guess what, I'm gonna add more light to the shine.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: And that's where your blessing comes from too, because by you pushing somebody else, the Lord is continually to.
Speaker 3: Bless you and open doors for you. And I pray the Lord richly bless you and hey, and they didn't bring no sorrow.
Speaker 4: I mean he richly blessed you. I'm telling you, and believe and I believe that. I mean when we sow and by you, so this is sewing into me, and you know we're swing into each other with words of encouragement that we came in because.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we have to do that as brothers and sisters.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you know, we have to pat each other on the back, you know, give each other our flowers.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to come just talk over my funeral and then you know you never told me, right, So I'm glad that.
Speaker 4: You encourage me while I'm listening and I'm alive and well and I can understand what you're saying. So thank you so much for what you do, the time that you put in, the service that you put in.
Speaker 3: God bless you, and bless money making money Markey, just because y'all doing this thing.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Again.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming on Money Making Conversation Master Class. I'm speaking the tamel of mind. Stay blessed and stay at the top of the world. And tell that husband who I love to death, David.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 2: I said, Hi, Okay, thank you, I will.
Speaker 3: God bless you. Love y'all, y'all have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: And if you want to hear or see any of my interview with your Money Making Conversation Master Class. Please go to Money Making Conversation Am Rushan McDonald.
Speaker 2: I am your host.
Speaker 5: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Money Making Conversations Masterclass with Rushan McDonald is produced by thirty eight fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight fifteen media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts