Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's looking to shake up the beverage world, challenging vitamin water with a new product called SuDS with two US and a Z, it's recycled bathwater energy drinks. You want to go green, you better drink green with an ice cold can of SuDS. Get your fourteen pack with Laser Stories, a segment where we read weird news stories am around the globe just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser.
Speaker 2: Those other tub chuggers just don't.
Speaker 1: First Laser Story is out of Melbourne, Australia.
Speaker 2: A guy named Sammy.
Speaker 1: Faulkner is launching a new Korean barbecue joint, and before he even opened for business, he boasted a sign outside in big block letters that says, Hey, Sophia, you broke up with me because I was poor, and now I.
Speaker 2: Have money to open a Korean barbecue. Are you regretting it?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 4: It's a classic revenge Korean barbecue restaurant.
Speaker 1: Taylor is all the time, and it looks like he actually put up two signs, one on each side of the building, so he really wanted to make sure.
Speaker 2: That she saw it.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe like you use this flex after you've been open and successful for a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no word from Sofia at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seen it or not, but it's gone.
Speaker 1: Pretty viral in Australia and maybe that's why. A week later, a donut joint nearby put up their own sign that said Yo Korean Barbecue. Don't worry about Sofia. We have all the dessert you need right here.
Speaker 4: Because he's still eating his feelings obviously not over Sophia.
Speaker 1: This guy, though, loves it because Sophia is becoming a main in Australia.
Speaker 3: He should have should have named it not Sophia's restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Unfortunately not a lot of people got the Sofia reference with the donut shop to see the first Yeah, but then stop more restaurants from joining in. A Mexican place then posted a sign that read Taco about that breakup Our Tacos won't ghost you like Sophia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's too fun.
Speaker 1: It's funny because we all know the guy probably cheated and he's like yeah.
Speaker 2: With me, Well you get the picture.
Speaker 1: A lot of Sofia signs are popping up in Melbourne, and they continue to do so because every time they do, they make the news.
Speaker 2: And get free publicity.
Speaker 3: Okay, now here we are by Sophia.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This next La stories out of grocery store headquarters for headquarters.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 1: Trader Joe's just up the price of a single banana for the first time in two decades. Wow, and it's by more than twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Who are getting expensive now?
Speaker 1: So if you didn't know, since two thousand and one, they've been selling bananas for nineteen cents apiece.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a big thing at Trader Joe's.
Speaker 2: They brag about it.
Speaker 1: Even the displays say stuff like price for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Ryding I was like, why are we talking about banana price?
Speaker 4: It's like there, you know Costco dollar fifty hot dogs, that's bananas.
Speaker 1: Well not anymore because they just upped it to twenty three cents.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, guys, four cents.
Speaker 1: They used to sell them by the pound like other stores do, but they switched to nineteen cents per banana. After the CEOs on old lady grab a bunch and then put him back, and he asked her why she didn't pull the trigger on the banana purchase, and she told him, Sonny, I may not live to that fourth banana.
Speaker 4: Oh, He's like, oh, se, a woman will give you one.
Speaker 1: And coincidentally enough, she did keel over in the checkout.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm just kidding. She made it out to the parking lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But in other words, they've priced them individually for over two decades because of just one old lady's really casual fear of impending death.
Speaker 4: That is, I don't know why that fact warms my little trader Joe's heart.
Speaker 3: More another expensive She wouldn't like that. She's not here anymore.
Speaker 2: She's gone up those prices. This next laser story is out of Food News.
Speaker 1: Oreo fans are doing a double take after the beloved brand just announced the surprising new flavor and you guys can tell me what you think about it. But the snack brand just unveiled the upcoming arrival of Churo flavor cream Oreo.
Speaker 3: Yes, my god, how would this be bad? In what world?
Speaker 2: Is this not heaven and diabetes?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so good to.
Speaker 2: Give you an idea.
Speaker 1: The cookies are tan in color as opposed to the usual dark one.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of tan and different colored.
Speaker 1: According to the description, each cookie will boast the flavors of fried dough and Churo flavor.
Speaker 3: Cry now, are there chunks in there?
Speaker 2: I don't want chunks.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: No one wants a chunky cookies.
Speaker 3: It's just flavored. It's just fried dough.
Speaker 2: Okay, the cream fill.
Speaker 3: Although I do want some tros right now.
Speaker 1: I know the announcement left some fans in disbelief, saying is this real? He said, They're extremely excited to try the new churo flavored cream oreos that someone commented, what a day to be an Oreo lover and a turo.
Speaker 2: For us diabetic. Sorry not everyone is such a big fan of the idea.
Speaker 1: One user wrote, I choked on a churro when I was in college. These oreos are bringing me right back to that cafeteria.
Speaker 2: No thank you.
Speaker 3: She wants to take bites of it. Try to put the whole thing in your mouth. The things for trauma shaving, the oreo.
Speaker 1: That this European inspired version is going to be hitting shelves today, like all of it's still good.
Speaker 3: I feel like that was a frat contest that Jeffrey took in your mouth.
Speaker 1: This next Lazer stories out of Game Show Central. Here's something you probably didn't know about.
Speaker 2: The price is right.
Speaker 3: I wasn't a contestant. I've been in the audience.
Speaker 2: There if you had gotten on stage.
Speaker 1: They are totally prepared in the event that a contestants bladder goes rogue. What's good because you always have to pee.
Speaker 2: I'd probably pee.
Speaker 4: Myself if you pee your pants. I mean I could see, like out of excitement.
Speaker 2: Lifelong dream to be on the show.
Speaker 1: A former producer went on record to say, quote, we had a system in place in case someone peed their pants. I never saw it happen, but there were curtains and a blow dryer and a pair of sweats just in case, since we would have to get on with the show.
Speaker 4: They come back from the showcase showed down and they just have different pants. It's like little Jimmy in second grade when you're like, I know, you weren't wearing those earlier.
Speaker 1: And they do have a lot of like older people in the audience, usually who are contestants on the show.
Speaker 2: So bladder control would totally be a problem.
Speaker 3: She just auction them off now that they're soiled.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because we have something similar with this radio program. If Laser Stories ever gets too funny and someone mistakenly takes a tuesy did you take it to.
Speaker 2: It's happened a lot. This guy is here for the cleanup.
Speaker 4: Oh god, is it for you know it's I think it's only Jeffy the turtle is just.
Speaker 2: Down the hallway.
Speaker 1: But he will be here in three days time, so you just have to be patient and it will get cleaned up.
Speaker 3: That's what the smell is.
Speaker 2: That's what means the stories has come from an end of the day. We'll do it again the same time on Friday
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.