Speaker 1: I always tell people that this show won't make you smarter, but it should make.
Speaker 2: You laugh, all right, so accurate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, enjoy the full show. It starts right now.
Speaker 3: It's four hundred degrees in studios, still going on. How many weeks now without working acting?
Speaker 2: Week four?
Speaker 3: I've lost track at this point. It's brooken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Jeff I don't know anymore.
Speaker 5: I literally dressed with tank tops under my shirt so that I can be in here.
Speaker 3: This is a crazy idea. But do you think producer Boyd did this on purpose and sabotaged our AC unit so we'd have content to talk about on the show, because there's not not a lot of exciting stuff happening in the news right now.
Speaker 6: So kidding me, you may be.
Speaker 5: Onto something because his studio that's connected to ours is even hotter. But yet he still comes to work wearing multiple long sleeve shirts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he could flip on the AC anytime that he wants.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, why are you wearing the long sleeves if it's such a problem.
Speaker 3: It's been a huge issue for us, and I know Brooke is already aware of the latest update. I'm not sure if or Alexis had been filled in, but last week the AC was supposed to get fixed.
Speaker 6: The guys are on the roof, That's what they said. Reair men are up there right now.
Speaker 3: You can't see them, but trust me, they're up there fixing stuff.
Speaker 2: They were they but they were up there.
Speaker 6: There was a lot of commotion about it.
Speaker 3: And the next day we're all expecting to walk into a fresh, cool studio and what happens. No hot as ever, yeah hot, And so we asked our engineer, what happened. I thought they were fixing it. They were on the roof yesterday and the story we were told. I am not making this up. This is what they said. They say. The repair men were in the middle of fixing it up on the roof. Just a couple more loose bolts and screws had to be tightened and.
Speaker 6: It would all be better.
Speaker 3: When all of a sudden, they received an emergency phone call from none other than the local county jail saying the jails air conditioning has gone out.
Speaker 6: You need to leave immediately. Jail.
Speaker 3: Seriously, the prisoners took precedence over us.
Speaker 6: I'm talking convicted felons.
Speaker 2: Are more important to have more.
Speaker 6: Rights than we do here at the radio station.
Speaker 1: You don't want hot prisoners.
Speaker 2: We should take our mics to the prison.
Speaker 3: It's midsummer, so I hope it's nice and cool and cell block D right now.
Speaker 4: Or do I have to stab someone to get some AC like what happens?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm making a shake out of a toothbrushes to speak.
Speaker 3: Apparently the repairment are supposed to get back here any day.
Speaker 2: Whoa i'let just tell you, I asked our engineer.
Speaker 1: I go, oh, so they're going to be back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That'll be fixed, right, He goes, well, I don't know about that.
Speaker 6: Cheeps.
Speaker 3: Ongoing AC gave four just won't end for us or any rogue people want to just come in here.
Speaker 6: Even some kids just tinker around up there.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Let's send it over for the shot collar question of the day to a man who actually looks pretty good with a deep sweat on around digital Jake.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Jake, Yesterday I made the four of you look like total fools when you all believe the ridiculous holidays that I made up Global Dinosaur Disco Day. I'm actually thinks that's real. Oh wait, I know the four of you. It is definitely a low moment for this group, both professionally and personally. But you know what, I'm not gonna let our small handful of listeners think you're just a bunch of globle, sweaty radio morons.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Is this redemption.
Speaker 7: That's why today you'll have a shot at redemption as we run it back for another strange holiday celebrations editions of Phenny twenty Once again, you give me a number one through twenty. I'll give you the description of a holiday celebration. You'll just have to tell.
Speaker 4: Me if it's real or if I made it up.
Speaker 7: We'll start with the woman who got her bachelor's degree from a made up university. That's Alexis. I'm sorry, boys, he's not a state on Alexis. Give me a number one through twenty, please, I'm twenty. National Banana Peel Ballet Day. It happens once a year in New York City where dancers gracefully glide across a stage covered in banana peels, turning slips and slides into a majestic art form with music performances from the Big Banana Orchestra.
Speaker 4: Oh Is that real?
Speaker 6: Or did I make that up?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, but you would pull a muscle if you have your like ballet shoes on.
Speaker 8: Imagine if you're like and then you're sliding professional all a trick. And then who eats the banana? How do they get the peels on the stage? Where are all those bananas going.
Speaker 2: In a banana bread? Many questions.
Speaker 7: I think it's fake, Jake Alexis said, National Banana Peel Ballet Day is fake, and that is Yes, We're on to brook brook A number one through twenty please seven, number seven National Noodle Nonsense Day. It's a day dedicated to the absurdity of noodles, where people engage in noodle themed activities like noodle sculpting, noodle toss and the spaghetti eating relay race brook. Is that a real celebration or did I make that up?
Speaker 3: Sounds like a real celebration they do at Brooks House every week on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: You know, I would actually believe it except for the noodle nonsense part, because there is so much sense when it comes to noodles.
Speaker 7: I love them.
Speaker 2: I think they provide great comfort to all people, and so I don't think there's any nonsense in my noodle, Jake, that.
Speaker 7: Is fake, Brook says, fake National Noodle Nonsense Day. Is it's a fake day. Sorry, I am a fraud, but not for reasons you know you. Number one through twenty two. Number three, that's Bubbles and Beats colon the Atlantis Underwater Rave Holiday, Jose. Every July thirteenth and the waters off the Florida Keys, an underwater music festival takes place where scuba divers and snorkelers gather to listen to a submerged symphony played by real musicians playing musical instruments down on the bottom of the ocean floor.
Speaker 4: Jose, Is that Rudo?
Speaker 7: I make that up?
Speaker 3: Oh God, yes, just like Geez really pull that off though in real life.
Speaker 2: But imagine, don't hear anything like you'd hear.
Speaker 4: They can't play instruments underwater, Jake.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say it's fake, Jose said fake. Bubbles and Beats is the concert happens every year off the coast of Florida to promote coral reef protection and environmentally safe Dyke. That's great, Jeffrey, We're on to you. Give me a number, please, number four, Number four Worldwide Pillow Fight and pickle parade. Oh listen, Jeffrey, this happens every year in Portugal, where thousands of participants gathered for an epic hour long pillow fight in the streets that's followed by a whimsical parade through the city featuring giant inflatable pickles and pickle themed floats.
Speaker 6: Is that real or did I just make that up?
Speaker 3: They don't seem to have anything to do with each other whatsoever, unrelated thing.
Speaker 5: But I went to like the tomato festival in Spain and it started by a bunch of dudes climbing a pole to get a ham down, and I was like, this have to do with tomatoes, and everyone's like, we don't know, there's no reason for it.
Speaker 3: Brook is a world traveler. She seems to know what's going on out there. I'm gonna say it's real.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey said, the worldwide pillow fight and pickle parade is real. It is that's made up. I'm actually so proud of Brook and Alexis for getting this right. I'm gonna clear them co winners up today.
Speaker 2: Question can a shock?
Speaker 7: Yeah? You can?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Boys, you're taking it you okay?
Speaker 3: Somebody wanted to hear bye bye bye bye, and Sync don't want to be a fool.
Speaker 4: For you, just another player in your game for two. You may hate me, Budy, it ain't no.
Speaker 10: Lie baby, that's your shot.
Speaker 6: College question.
Speaker 3: The other day, we got your phones out coming up in.
Speaker 11: Just a few minutes, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: And they have robots for everything, now, seriously, Robot bartenders that mix your drinks, cool, robots that build and drive cars. I even heard that Brook purchase something called the white Bot four thousand.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is, but I just know after one week it climbed up the side of your house and threw itself off the roof. Oh my gosh, I just want a robot that can scan my brain waves and tell me what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: Wait, you should already know what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes I need help, like a little thought bought to.
Speaker 6: Tell me what's going on in that.
Speaker 3: Brain like men men men, No, No, that's not true.
Speaker 4: Men men, men, men, men, men men.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe maybe mentioning that a brand new what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: It's featuring two men.
Speaker 2: Men men, men, men, men, men, men, men, men men.
Speaker 6: Two men and two wommen, why it's coming up? What's on your mind right now?
Speaker 3: You ever look at yourself naked in the mirror and think my belly button is just my old mouth?
Speaker 6: It's Brook and Jeff in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder what that mouth would say to the question what's on your mind? Unfortunately we can only use our head mouths to talk, though, so just know I'm going to be picturing your belly buttons.
Speaker 6: Mouthing along as we go around the room.
Speaker 3: Once again, we're gonna start with Brooke Brook, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we had a big change in our house.
Speaker 2: We have officially added a landline phone.
Speaker 6: Why what purpose could that possibly have?
Speaker 2: Hear me out? Hear me out.
Speaker 5: We have, you know, two young kids, and I don't want to get them cell phones yet. We're not ready for that. That don't want them to be social. So I'm like, okay, we'll get a landline and then they can call them or like they can call their friends like I did, and they could talk.
Speaker 3: But the fact that they have a landline means they're going to be the weird kids that have a lamb line and no one's gonna want to talk.
Speaker 1: We're going to try to text it and not be able to.
Speaker 2: Well, it kind of has backfired on me because none of their friends have.
Speaker 1: Cell phones, Like, there isn't anyone for them to call.
Speaker 10: So they're like proactively yes, god, yeah, so they're the only ones with the phone number.
Speaker 5: So now all they do is they call me, and I'm like, I'm upstairs.
Speaker 2: No, when I'm home, you don't need to call me.
Speaker 5: They'll call me on my cell phone from the home phone because they love it.
Speaker 1: They love the home phone.
Speaker 2: They want to call all sorts of people, but they don't have anyone to call because there's no no one else has a landline.
Speaker 5: It'd be really great if their friends had a landline, because it's not like they're going to call their friends mom's cell phone.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, our listeners to start getting landlines at home now, so that your kids have people to call.
Speaker 2: Exactly, want to bring them back exactly. I've thought about it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you it's been great.
Speaker 2: It's it'll be better though when there's other people to call. All right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: On your mind.
Speaker 10: Well, my mom booked me a solo's massage recently, and then she booked her and my dad a couple's massage, so it was a whole family outing.
Speaker 4: At the massage party.
Speaker 1: Your family going to get rubbed down together.
Speaker 10: So I had the roughest firmus massage that I've ever had, and I loved it. But afterwards, my parents had a couple of questions because, as you guys know me, right, I talk a lot, and when I get a massage, I also talk a lot.
Speaker 4: It's how I relax. That's just how I am. And I'm a very loud person.
Speaker 6: As you guys know, you hear me.
Speaker 4: Apparently my parents heard.
Speaker 10: Me yelling things such as god, I've never felt that before, and yeah, yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 4: No, he's man, do its, man do it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that they haven't heard you say those things before.
Speaker 6: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: They're trying to have a romantic couple's massages.
Speaker 2: Road Sun is next door ruining the ye And that's why I felt bad embarrassed.
Speaker 10: I was like, you guys know, it was not inappropriate. I just had a really firm massage from a dude.
Speaker 1: They're like, don't worry, You've been a blocker since the day you were a.
Speaker 10: Bored But it also explains why I did hear laughing from others.
Speaker 4: It was one of those big massage plays, Like I heard laughing earlier and I thought. I was like, oh, they must be having a fun massage in there.
Speaker 10: But I now think it's because of my screaming.
Speaker 6: Okay, but I was enjoying.
Speaker 5: It was good scream You need to ask about soundproofing before you book each other massages.
Speaker 3: Or you bring a ballgag to the massage. You're like, no, no, this is for myself. Trust alexis what's been on your mind?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 8: I love you know, and we're out and you meet people who listened to the show. People have different reasons, like I've been listening since I was in high school, or like my parents listen whatever. So I met someone recently that had a different reason than I've heard before.
Speaker 3: Actually okay, a landline in their house than a.
Speaker 8: Children no, so they actually he told me he knows Jose and I was like, oh, how, And he's like, well, I used to date this girl and we've been dating for a while. When she actually got hit on by Jose when he slid in her DMS, you didn't know she was dating someone obviously, No, And I said he would bring this up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually I.
Speaker 4: Think I know what you're talking.
Speaker 8: About now, but yeah, anyway, so yeah, he just knew she had mentioned, you know, a guy started hitting on or whatnot.
Speaker 2: Was he a fan?
Speaker 1: Was it an a positive?
Speaker 2: Dan become a fan of the show now.
Speaker 4: Cool man.
Speaker 8: They are broken up for other reasons, not that it's ext now, but he is a fan of the show. So jose is out there doing the work, and I wanted to give.
Speaker 2: Him recognition.
Speaker 3: Of our listening audience's people that were broken up because Jose so thank you all the listening.
Speaker 5: I remembers wid Brooke and Jeffrey the same treatment. All right, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: I got my haircut recently. Thanks for no one noticing it.
Speaker 1: At every day for the last month and a half.
Speaker 6: I think you took it just now.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure you'd be able to notice because it was pretty long before that.
Speaker 6: But that's okay.
Speaker 3: And I put my appointment down on their like barber app and when I selected a time, they gave me an option that I've never had before, where you can request a barber who's conversational or if you want no conversation.
Speaker 8: I've heard lately when you wear air pods.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just like how Ober does.
Speaker 3: You can choose quiet mode, and so I did quiet and it was great.
Speaker 1: This is the opposite of any experience Josees ever had.
Speaker 6: Totally didn't have to make small talk.
Speaker 3: I mean I wasn't totally happy with the cut at the end because like we weren't communicating during that, so there was well, there's no way to say and I already told them I didn't want to talk, so I didn't want to break the silence. So it wasn't perfect, but whatever, it was thirty minutes of like quiet bliss for me, and it got me wondering what other companies and other services could start offering this. I mean, dentists for sure need like a don't talk to me button.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not like you could ever talk to them back you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's part of all reason.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or the grocery store clerks trying to talk to you while they're checking out the groceries.
Speaker 6: I don't want to tell you what I'm making, just check them, but they do.
Speaker 2: You always ask yes, yeah, that way you're making for financial your salary, like they ask you that.
Speaker 3: Or colonoscopist too, don't need the chit chat with that.
Speaker 6: Just get in there, get done.
Speaker 2: You're usually knocked out, sick of having those conversations.
Speaker 3: I think a lot more companies and a lot more services should be offering no talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just wait because radio is about there.
Speaker 6: Seven nine two. Do you want us to not talk to you as much?
Speaker 2: Don't text?
Speaker 1: If we won't text you.
Speaker 3: Back, we'll keep it down on our end. And also you could tell us what's been on your mind.
Speaker 6: It's Brook and Jeffery.
Speaker 11: The morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I like when people text into seventy five nine to two telling us what's been on their minds because it forces us to read. And this one says, I've missed you guys from Ria, Hey, Ria.
Speaker 1: Ria text in all the time.
Speaker 5: I love when people sign their names on our textboard because then we can hit them.
Speaker 6: Up and beare why'd you miss us?
Speaker 3: Tho, we haven't moved. We've been here the whole time. Where have you been?
Speaker 2: I think she's on vacation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wait to bragh.
Speaker 3: Another one says, for the love of God, can you retire the sound effects from Laser Stories? It sounds like your show bought a sound effect pack online using memes from five years ago, and you can't afford any new sounds.
Speaker 6: The rest of the show's okay.
Speaker 1: Hey, jokes on you. We didn't pay anything for those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and do you want us to play that clip from twenty years ago the hydrar kids Hide your Wife one because we can dig that up too, the classes and this text says, good morning. I just wanted to say I love you, Alexis.
Speaker 6: That's from Curtis.
Speaker 1: We get a lot if you really love you, send money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and I'm assuming the only Curtis I know is fifty.
Speaker 6: Sacks.
Speaker 3: Cool that fifty listens to our show. It's Alexis. And maybe we'll have more celebrities fall in love with us after Laser Stories that's coming up right after this. Laser Stories is coming up in just a second. Make sure to follow us on our socials on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, all of it at Brook and Jeffrey. But a new trend has emerged for the upcoming summer. And normally I don't report on these, but this is kind of a big one because now men are taking a page from the women's fashion books and this summer, while.
Speaker 6: You're out at the beach.
Speaker 3: Get ready for male crop tops?
Speaker 6: Yes, oh my god, I'm showing a picture right now. It's all my dollars here.
Speaker 3: You can see them up on our Insta stories at Broke and Jeffery.
Speaker 2: It's real said, I've seen high school boys do this already, but then I realize how bad that sounds.
Speaker 6: But you're just cruising the high school.
Speaker 2: We live right next to a high school and the crop tops.
Speaker 4: Give you an excuse, the guys.
Speaker 2: But you have our very crops.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those are really all is how hot is this for men to do? In your opinion?
Speaker 8: I mean, I get it they've been jealous this whole time, watching us.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't blame them, as.
Speaker 4: Wears these all the time because he heard.
Speaker 2: The guy Now I can steal men's crop tops.
Speaker 5: You're walking around and someone who hates wearing crop tops.
Speaker 1: I feel for the dudes who don't want to wear them.
Speaker 3: But maybe it's a good thing because guys are finally starting to have more fun with the way that they dress, and they're going away from just wearing you know, casual board shorts with whatever T shirt their mom bought them for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Well not even that.
Speaker 10: It's like I'm forced to wear like a tank top. And every time I do that and I'm in the sun, I get like a sunburn.
Speaker 4: You get the mars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you get the half on the lower half of your stomach, just little burned down.
Speaker 4: But that's acceptable.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: If you have a V neck, then you're getting the upper V.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: That's the thing with crops.
Speaker 1: You have to have conservative on the top, not on the bottom.
Speaker 2: That's the rules.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The hashtag male crop top summer is getting millions of views on TikTok right now. Some major retailers think that this could go mainstream, so they've started making crop tops for men. Love it, brook Could you see your husband and your son, Adler rocking these together at the beach.
Speaker 2: You got his name wrong, but no, with the crop top, he's a You gotta switch those consonants around. I mean, I got a pair of scissors.
Speaker 1: I could do it for free.
Speaker 2: Shirts that we need to buy them.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna buy crop types for Brooks husband and her son, and when we come back then we're gonna do laser stores.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's happening right now. It's the radio segment that's.
Speaker 3: Looking to shake up the beverage world, challenging vitamin water with a new product called SuDS with two u's and a z oh.
Speaker 6: It's recycled bathroom water energy drinks.
Speaker 3: You want to go green, you better drink green with an ice cold can of SuDS.
Speaker 6: Get your fourteen pack with.
Speaker 3: Laser Stories or segment where we read weird news stories from around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser.
Speaker 6: Those other tub chuggers just don't.
Speaker 3: First Laser story is out of Melbourne, Australia. A guy named Sammy Faulkner is launching a new Korean barbecue joint, and before he even opened for business, he boasted a sign outside in big block letters that says, Hey, Sophia, you broke up with me because I was poor, and now I have money to open up Korean barbecue.
Speaker 6: Are you regretting it?
Speaker 2: Of course? It's a classic revenge Korean barbecue restaurant tailors all the time.
Speaker 6: And it looks like he actually put.
Speaker 3: Up two signs, one on each side of the building, so he really wanted to make sure that she saw it.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe like you use this flex after you've been open and successful for a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no word from Sofia at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's gone.
Speaker 3: Pretty viral in Australia and maybe that's why. A week later, a donut joint nearby put up their own sign that said, Yo Korean Barbecue. Don't worry about Sofia. We have all the dessert you need right here.
Speaker 5: Because he's still eating his feelings because obviously not over Sophia nail.
Speaker 10: This guy, though, loves it because Sophia is becoming a main in Australia.
Speaker 5: He should have should have named it not Sophia's restaurant.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, not a lot of people got the Sofia reference with the donut shop. Yeah, but then stop more restaurants from joining in. A Mexican place then posted a sign that read Taco about that breakup.
Speaker 6: Our Tacos won't ghost you like Sophia.
Speaker 4: It's funny because we all know the guy probably cheated. He's like, yeah, you broke up with me?
Speaker 6: Well you get the picture.
Speaker 3: A lot of Sofia signs are popping up in Melbourne and they continue to do so because every time they do, they make the news and get free publicity.
Speaker 4: Okay, now here we.
Speaker 2: Are by Sophia.
Speaker 3: Yeahlia it's next laser stories out of grocery store headquarters for headquarters.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Trader Joe's just up the price of a single banana for the first time in two decades, and it's by more than twenty percent.
Speaker 10: Whoa are getting expensive now?
Speaker 3: So if you didn't know, since two thousand and one, they've been selling bananas for nineteen cents apiece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a big thing at Trader Joe's.
Speaker 3: They brag about it even then, displays say stuff like same price for twenty years running.
Speaker 10: It's kind of like, I was like, why are we talking about banana price?
Speaker 1: It's like there, you know Costco dollar fifty hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Is the nineteen cent that's bananas?
Speaker 3: Well not anymore because they just upped it to twenty three cents.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, guys.
Speaker 2: Four cents.
Speaker 3: They used to sell them by the pound like other stores do, but they switched to nineteen cents per banana. After the CEOs on old lady grab a bunch and then put them back, and he asked her why she didn't pull the trigger on the banana purchase, and she told him.
Speaker 6: Sonny, I may not live to that fourth banana.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, so a woman will give you one.
Speaker 6: And coincidentally enough, she did keel over in the checkout. I'm just kidding. She made it out to the parking lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But in other words, they priced them individually for over two decades because of just one old lady's casual fear of impending death.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that fact warms my little trader.
Speaker 1: Joe's heart.
Speaker 8: Wore another expensive She wouldn't like that.
Speaker 2: She's not here anymore.
Speaker 3: She's gone up those prices. This next laser story is out of Food News. Oreo fans are doing a double take after the beloved brand just announced the surprising new flavor, and you guys can tell me what you think about it. Okay, but the snack brand just unveiled the upcoming arrival of Churo Flavor Cream Oreos.
Speaker 2: Yes, my god, how would this be bad? In what world? Is this not heaven and diabetes? Oh, it's so good to.
Speaker 6: Give you an idea.
Speaker 3: The cookies are tan in color as opposed to the usual dark one.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of tan and different colored.
Speaker 3: According to the description, each cookie will boast the flavors of fried dough and Churo Flavor Crew Creamy Now are.
Speaker 4: There chunks in there? I don't want chunks, but.
Speaker 6: No one wants a chunky cookie.
Speaker 2: It's just flavored. It's just fried dough flavored cream fill.
Speaker 1: Although I do want some ros right now.
Speaker 3: I know the announcement left some fans in disbelief, saying is this real? He said, They're extremely excited to try the new churo flavor cream oreos that someone commented, what a day to be an oreo lover and the chu.
Speaker 4: Us diabetic.
Speaker 3: Sorry not everyone is such a big fan of the idea. One user wrote, I choked on a churro when I was in college. These oreos are bringing me right back to that cafeteria.
Speaker 6: No thank you.
Speaker 2: She was to take bites of it, not to try to put the whole thing in your mouth.
Speaker 4: The things for trauma shaving, the oreo.
Speaker 3: That this European inspired version is going to be hitting shelves today, lifted milk like.
Speaker 4: All of it's still good.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was a frat contest that Jeffrey took. Can fit in your.
Speaker 3: Mouth This next Lazer stories out of Game Show Central. Here's something you probably didn't know about. The price is right.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a contestant I've been in the audience if.
Speaker 6: You had gotten on stage.
Speaker 3: They are totally prepared in the event that a contestants bladder goes rogue.
Speaker 2: I'd probably be myself if you pee your pants.
Speaker 1: I mean I could see, like out of excitement.
Speaker 4: Dream to be on the show.
Speaker 3: A former producer went on record to say, quote, we had a system in place in case someone peed their pants. I never saw it happen, but there were curtains and a blow dryer and a pair of sweats just in case, since we would have to get on with the show.
Speaker 2: They come back from the showcase showdown and they just have different pants.
Speaker 4: It's like little.
Speaker 2: Jimmy in second grade when you're like, I know you weren't wearing those earlier.
Speaker 3: And they do have a lot of like older people in the audience, usually who are contestants on the show, so the bladder.
Speaker 6: Control would totally be a problem.
Speaker 4: She just auction them off now that they're soil.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because we have something similar with this radio program. If Laser Stories ever gets too funny and someone mistakenly takes a Tuesy take it to It's happened a lot. This guy is here for the clean up.
Speaker 4: Oh god, is it for Ashton?
Speaker 1: Know it's I think it's only Jeff.
Speaker 6: Just down the hallway.
Speaker 3: But he will be here in three days time, so you just have to be patient and it will get cleaned up.
Speaker 2: That's what the smell is.
Speaker 6: That means the stories has come from an end of the day. We'll do it again, same time on.
Speaker 11: Friday, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Ladies, imagine you go on a date where the guy picks you up in his private helicopter, flies you to a five star restaurant.
Speaker 6: He listens and asks questions about you quiet I'm talking.
Speaker 3: He pays for everything and gives the waiter a huge tip.
Speaker 2: Well bloody, didn't expect me to pay for the helicopter.
Speaker 3: After dropping you back off at your place, he waits the perfect amount of time to text and say that was really, really fun, But then he has to block you because his wife found out.
Speaker 2: About so close.
Speaker 3: Are the typical highs and lows of the dating world, and today we're.
Speaker 6: Really going to focus on the because it's a brand.
Speaker 3: New edition of Battle of the Tender Dates and we're doing it right after.
Speaker 11: This two hopeless one dating app that dares you guys swipe right. The question is whose love life is more tragic.
Speaker 6: It's Battle of the Tinder Dates.
Speaker 3: It's the dating game show that puts the naughty in illuminaby. It's Battle of the Tender Dates, where two of our listeners square off to find out whose love life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second, but first let's meet today's contestants.
Speaker 6: Here in this corner, when.
Speaker 3: She meets a guy for the first time, she leans into her ultra feminine side and gives the limpest handshake physically possible. That's how she got the nickname Flimsy Lindsey.
Speaker 2: It gives me the bb GBS when somebody does that.
Speaker 6: Damn hate it so sexy.
Speaker 3: In the other corner, her dating life is so bad She's faked getting sick on her last five dates wow, just.
Speaker 6: To leave the restaurant early.
Speaker 3: That's why the boys call her get well Rachelley.
Speaker 12: Guys, Oh wow, I bet you.
Speaker 4: Get a lot of soup sent to your house.
Speaker 6: Here's how the game works.
Speaker 3: One contestant we'll start by telling one of their worst dating stories. The other will try to come back and counter with a nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth for three rounds until we declare a winner. Let's get the ball rolling with flimsy Lindsey.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 9: So it was two in the morning and we get in one of those rickshaw petticap things.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean they were always fun at two in the morning.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, I didn't have any objections. But then she takes off his shirt and pants. He throws them on the street and tells me that he's always dreamed of hooking up in the back of one.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it was going down.
Speaker 1: Please tell me you declined his offer.
Speaker 4: Of course, she's dude behind.
Speaker 3: She dove out of that petticb fift hours.
Speaker 6: All right, Get well, Rachelle. Can you count her?
Speaker 13: So a guy invited me out on his sail boat and we were out in the water and it starts to get super stormy, so I suggest you should probably go back. He starts to cry, and he tells me that it's a rental. He got to impress me, and he doesn't actually know how to sail, so we had to swim back to show her.
Speaker 4: No, that's why you hired.
Speaker 1: That's why you know where the trolley motor is.
Speaker 6: Also he doesn't know how to swim. Round two.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Lindsey, We're back to you.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 9: I go back to this guy's place and I walk into the apartment and there are mouth traps everywhere.
Speaker 6: Oh god.
Speaker 9: He tells me not to worry because he has a minor rodent problem.
Speaker 4: Don't worry.
Speaker 9: So I don't know I hooked.
Speaker 2: Up with him anyway, you're already over there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but we're in bed and I hear three of the traps go up.
Speaker 1: It's like that moment you'd rather see him alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what happened?
Speaker 9: There are these little squeaks and unfortunately wasn't happening from our bedkiller.
Speaker 6: Some people do like an audience. Rachelle time to hit back.
Speaker 13: So I once did a sunset hike with this guy and we were super close to the top when he's like, I have to go is the bathroom? So he goes behind a tree and okay, I'm waiting for him for like ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh well, guys need like an average of forty minutes to get the job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but even without a bathroom, he's sitting out there on your phone.
Speaker 6: You just need time.
Speaker 13: So I go to check on him to make sure he's okay because it's been so long, and I see him squatting there watching the end of a football game.
Speaker 14: On a No.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of money on that.
Speaker 1: You need a hike only where you can't get Wi Fi?
Speaker 6: What did you do?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 13: I ended up going to the top without him, but I still miss the sunset.
Speaker 6: I what a jerk?
Speaker 2: All right, I lost.
Speaker 6: We're under the third and final round here.
Speaker 3: We need your best stories, ladies, So Lindsey, give us what you got.
Speaker 9: This guy I met, he planned a surprise date at a blood donation.
Speaker 4: Oh good for you.
Speaker 2: You should donate romantic.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm cool with giving back. In all, we go inside and he told me to try to steal as many bags as I could because his inventory was low.
Speaker 4: He was going to steal a cookies.
Speaker 1: Appait his inventory?
Speaker 8: Oh inventor, how did you not get God?
Speaker 9: He wasn't even joking.
Speaker 5: Okay, you reported him to the police?
Speaker 11: Or is he like a.
Speaker 4: Rogue hero out here giving people blood trends?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like an amateur surgeon, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's a vampire.
Speaker 11: Job.
Speaker 3: How many bags of blood did you steal from.
Speaker 2: No, I guess they get caught red handed.
Speaker 6: Well, Rochelle, this is your last chance.
Speaker 9: A guy picks me up for dinner.
Speaker 13: He says he's going to take me to his secret local stock okay, and it ends up being a hospital cafeteria.
Speaker 3: Oh God, steal pretty catheters as you can hurt.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's pretty tasty.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I've heard like it can actually be really good. So we eat there and doctor wasn't that good? But then, gearing dessert, he finally admits to me that he has to go upstairs because his other girlfriend, surgery, should be over by now.
Speaker 6: Did you at least buy her flowers for her recovery?
Speaker 2: Let me pop into the gifts.
Speaker 3: Here's the final bell that means the match is done. This is going to be a tough one to score. But judges, what do you think? Alexis?
Speaker 2: Lindsay's for hearing mice caught trap up?
Speaker 6: One vote for Lindsay Brook.
Speaker 2: I'm going blood vampire.
Speaker 3: Congratulations limdsay, Lindsay, your dating history is so upsetting even Taylor Swift pities you.
Speaker 9: Oh honestly, it's a little sad that I won this. But thank you, guys, You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Thank you for sharing your stories.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Text in seventy five nine two if you want up here on the next Battle of the Tinder dates.
Speaker 6: Phone taps coming.
Speaker 11: Up Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners wanted us to prank her husband while they're on vacation together. Her original idea was we tell him their house is burning down.
Speaker 2: Oh that was their idea.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, and we were like, no, we've already done nine different house fire pranks in the last two months. He needs something else, something weird that's happening, maybe on your trip.
Speaker 6: And she mentioned that her husband does have a unique.
Speaker 3: Travel quirk where he always brings along his own jar of peanut butter, a specific brand, specific kind that he likes to take with him, and we said, okay, that might work. Just let us know when he's out by the pool and we'll call him.
Speaker 2: The US fire.
Speaker 6: Right, We're sticking with the peanut butter.
Speaker 2: Right right right, I'm following now, jeff it's.
Speaker 6: Your phone tap right now.
Speaker 2: Another Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Scott Room thirteen eleven speaking who I'm calling from Resorts.
Speaker 5: This is Iona Carolla. Okay, I understand you checked in yesterday and we just hope you are enjoying your stay so far.
Speaker 14: Oh I'm down at the pool right now. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that. Glad you're enjoying the amenities here. However, I do have a situation I need to bring to your attention.
Speaker 14: What's that?
Speaker 2: Well, our housekeeping was in your room about a half an hour ago and saw something suspicious sticking out of one of your bags.
Speaker 14: What are you talking about, though, Well.
Speaker 2: The maids weren't sure.
Speaker 14: So well, the maize weren't even supposed to go into the room at.
Speaker 15: All, So why are they even doing in there?
Speaker 2: Hear me out here? Okay, they just opened up your suitcase and saw you had a jar of peanut butter in there.
Speaker 14: Why would anyone open up a suitcase that wasn't theirs?
Speaker 1: Well, because they saw something suspicious?
Speaker 14: And how was the jar peanut butter suspicious?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want about real comfortable getting into that, but I'll just say we've had issues with nutspread in the past. You've had issues with what nutspread. Yet you won't believe the incidents we've had with celebrity guests bringing their own peanut butter to the hotel, only to be used for erotic encounters.
Speaker 14: Oh well, there's nothing in your rules about not being able to bring a snack to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Well, have you read all the rules, because I think you're missing one.
Speaker 14: There's nothing about bringing your own snack to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Peanut butter is not a snack. It's definitely a spread.
Speaker 14: The absolutely a snack. Man, That's why I brought it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well tell your business.
Speaker 14: By the way, what are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm preventing what has happened in the past. I think I went over that. It's worth the safety of our guests.
Speaker 14: Look, I'm not some weird, freaky celebrity guests keep having the beast. I'm just a normal dude that likes peanut butter.
Speaker 2: So do you want to know who I'm referring to. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It is my professional duty to uphold the integrity of this hotel. What I will say, I do enjoy a tasty emin m from time to time.
Speaker 14: You're saying me and Eminem are bringing peanut butter to the hotel and that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Well you said it, I didn't say it.
Speaker 14: I don't care who's doing what with peanut butter. You can't go through my bags because I'm a guest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually you can. You're on our property. And where did we protect our hotel from any further sticky spread situation? So we did have to confiscate your peanut butter?
Speaker 7: What he just took it?
Speaker 2: You will be allowed to retreat it and take it with you when you check out.
Speaker 14: Are you talking about you went through my bag and you found peanut butter about things and you took it? What kind of show you run?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 2: Okay with the language, Yes, sir, if you don't mind me asking, what were you planning to do with a peanut butter?
Speaker 14: What do you think I was planning to do with it?
Speaker 2: Eat it?
Speaker 13: I think people do with.
Speaker 2: It, right, eat it after you spread it on who Look?
Speaker 14: Look, I don't know what kind of weird stuff you got going on with the hotel, but I'm here to eat the peanut butter and do nothing else with it. So I don't know what the problems you're gonna have further if you don't give me back my peanut butter, but I need it.
Speaker 2: How's this? I've been doing this a long time and sometimes you just get a gut feeling about somebody.
Speaker 14: Wait, so now you're some kind of a swammy mind reader.
Speaker 2: No, I was trying to say something positive about you and let you know that I'm willing to bend the rules just a little. Put my touch, put my peanut butter on the elevator and send it back up. I'll go grab it, Dan, you know what, I will do that as soon as you sign a waiver and give us a non refundable three hundred dollars spread deposit what we can look the other way?
Speaker 15: Are you? Are you freaking joking?
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 15: But your wife, Sophie is What did my wife have to do with this?
Speaker 2: Well, she's the one that set you up for this phone tap? Yeah, yeah, it's a frank phone call. This is actually Broke from the radio show Brogg and Jeff Free in the Morning.
Speaker 14: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 11: She called it.
Speaker 2: She said you're down by the pool, and she said it'd be a perfect time to prank you.
Speaker 14: I just realize that I'm screaming at you.
Speaker 2: I took you some pretty weird looks, even.
Speaker 14: With the sunglasses. I know there's there.
Speaker 11: Wake up every morning with sung taps weekday mornings. On the twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: If you're at a low moment in your life, the last thing that you want to do is go out on a date.
Speaker 4: Oh oh yeah, I didn't even think.
Speaker 3: Of that, like right after you flush the family goldfish or in Brooks case, ate it. But one of our listeners, one of our listeners says he didn't have a choice because he was at one of the lowest points of his life and tried to reschedule with the woman he was supposed to meet up with, but she said no and decided she was going to show up up anyway. That balls could not believe where they ended up having their first hangout. It's definitely unprecedented territory, and you're gonna hear it in your brand new second Date update right after.
Speaker 6: This Second Date update.
Speaker 3: D I want everyone in studio and driving to close their eyes right now. Jesse, if you just think, out of all the places in the world, where would be the worst to have a first date?
Speaker 2: You're taking me somewhere nice.
Speaker 3: Maybe next to an active volcano.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Inside of an off brand Hooters off like that called Alley's, or maybe the radioactive playground at Chernobyl, Oh.
Speaker 2: My date has three eyeballs if it's swing both by itself and one of our listeners says he wishes he could.
Speaker 3: Have had his first date somewhere else, but unfortunately he didn't really have a choice, and now he needs our help. Let's talk to Steve about it. Steve, welcome to the show.
Speaker 15: Hey, thanks you guys for having me.
Speaker 2: I love when dates go wrong and people put blame on something bigger than themselves. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: That, Steve.
Speaker 3: What was the name of the the woman that you went out with?
Speaker 15: I went out with Julie.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm I was just assuming these days that you met on an app.
Speaker 15: We did, Yeah, we we matched about two months ago, but our schedules just wouldn't match you up, okay, coming up. And we finally settled on a date and suddenly the day before I got dramatically shick, no, no.
Speaker 1: Did it feels like the universe is telling you not to go out with Julia?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Right, right, but like so bad I ended up in the hospital.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, are you okay?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: You're okay?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm good?
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, you said dramatically? Were you acting actor.
Speaker 1: I mean, and that's the thing.
Speaker 5: From Julie's standpoint, it'd be hard to believe that after a few months of like.
Speaker 4: And then like now I'm in the hospital.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so this is what happened. I messenger the night before to cancel and I kind of explained why, and her response was, well, I'll come visit you.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 2: Oh, but she was trying to call your bluff.
Speaker 15: That might have been part of it, obviously, Like I wasn't bluffing. But all I was thinking is like, this is like easily the worst I've ever looked.
Speaker 11: Yeh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you agree to have her come visit you?
Speaker 15: I told her no, let's please do another day. Yeah, but she's like, I don't care, I want to come and see you.
Speaker 4: Oh. Now I'm thinking what Alexis said.
Speaker 8: She doesn't believe you try to hang out with someone sick you.
Speaker 1: Want to do.
Speaker 6: So did she show up?
Speaker 15: She showed up?
Speaker 2: What did you do to prep for that?
Speaker 1: You're like, hey, can I have a washcloth to wash my face? Like you're not showered?
Speaker 4: Blue, That's what I would do.
Speaker 6: I want to get the fancy, fancy hospital gown.
Speaker 2: On extra pudding or what I mean?
Speaker 1: What was that moment, like when she walked in the room.
Speaker 15: I mean, part of it was like, oh, this is cool, we're finally seeing each other. The other part of it was just like me being purely mortified.
Speaker 3: And it sucks if you ever get excited on the date, Like you can't hide it because the heart monitor is going to be like b.
Speaker 16: B by, she's beautiful and it's like your heart's going crazy?
Speaker 2: Are very thin?
Speaker 6: Disgusting? I'm sorry about that. How did it go?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 15: I mean it was it was it was sweet. She showed up with a gift. It was a book of like a hundred unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Facts because she didn't believe that you were good, like read Yeah, that's a nice gesture, Yeah.
Speaker 15: Something to help pass the time in the hospital. Like we split a hospital meal together in my room.
Speaker 5: Okay, covered by your insurance. I mean, were you able to hold a conversation with her? I don't know how sick.
Speaker 15: You were, Yeah, I mean we, you know, we were like she read some of like the facts in the book and we talked about that. The most embarrassing thing was like the staff was kind of like harassing me about like if she was my girlfriend. You know, they were doing the whole like, ooh, is this your girlfriend?
Speaker 1: So that probably was kind of awkward. How long did she stay for?
Speaker 15: I mean it was a couple of hours. Wow, Yeah, she told them it was actually our first date. The nurses then like went and took some flowers from like a dead lady's room.
Speaker 10: Oh could you just be'd be a vacant room.
Speaker 6: It has the condolence's note still on it. She Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So was there any like, I mean besides them giving you a hard time and being funny?
Speaker 1: Was there like a spark?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 5: Wo'd be hard to have some sort of like just make chemistry in that situation.
Speaker 15: So I thought we had a good time, and I thought the experience like kind of bonded us very.
Speaker 2: Unique, you know, uh for sure.
Speaker 15: And that like one hundred we would go out again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, if she's willing to come and visit you on a first date while you're bedridden in the hospital, that speaks volumes about like where she thinks this relationship could go.
Speaker 5: It's wild to me to think that you haven't been in contact or gotten another date with her, And how could.
Speaker 4: She complain like, oh, he wasn't that funny?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You were in the hospital. What did she do?
Speaker 6: How long ago was that?
Speaker 15: So that was it was a few weeks ago.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, And we've.
Speaker 15: Been texting up until this past week and now she's like hardly responding at all. Huhh, and like I'm out of the hospital. I was hoping to see her for a normal date. Yeah, And honestly, I just don't know what the deal is. And the only thing I can think is maybe I really did look like I was in as bad of shape as I was.
Speaker 2: That's understandable.
Speaker 1: And you were texting after if you take.
Speaker 6: A really cold person to come into a hospital.
Speaker 2: Like you in that hospital, or.
Speaker 3: Maybe she got sick with whatever you had, and now she's in the hospital, you're gonna have to do your second date.
Speaker 1: There have options for him, and none of them are your fault so far.
Speaker 6: That's so we're going to come back.
Speaker 3: We're going to call Julie for you and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 15: All right, thank you so much?
Speaker 6: All right, man, hold on second date update.
Speaker 3: I'm just super glad that Steve pulled through and made it.
Speaker 12: All Steve, and we got to get him back. Get I'm here, ready, clear clear, because you really off on matter.
Speaker 6: We saved them.
Speaker 3: Second day back up and running with our listener Steve, who is fully alive and his first date happened in his own hospital bed. But Steve matched with Julie a couple months before this. They had to keep pushing back their date because their schedules weren't matching up, and the night before they were due to meet each other, he ended up getting super sick and had to go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so she just wout him back down.
Speaker 3: Now I'm coming to visit you there, and showed up, brought a book for him to read.
Speaker 6: They shared a meal.
Speaker 5: Together, even told the nurses that it was their first date, so.
Speaker 3: They thought that was super cute, and stole some flowers from the deceased to make it extra special for them.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's theft at that point, No, yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 6: Belong to anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now Steve is better, he is out of the hospital.
Speaker 6: Except he's not getting a call back from Julie anymore.
Speaker 2: Maybe she only like sick boys.
Speaker 6: You know, have you ever thought of that, Steve?
Speaker 15: You know that must be what it is. I better throw myself in front of the you have.
Speaker 1: Too much color in your cheeks.
Speaker 10: Guys, So did you meet any like super sick hot dudes in there?
Speaker 3: Maybe you need to work on your sniffles and your coughs a little bit before we reach out.
Speaker 4: That's a good theory.
Speaker 5: I bet there's a I bet there's a good reason she's not calling you back. We can fix this, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like, or it's not a good reason, at least a reason whatever it is. When you find out, let's call her right now. Hello, ah, Hi, we're looking to talk with Julie.
Speaker 15: Yes, this is Julie.
Speaker 6: Hey Julie.
Speaker 3: You're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Julie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 17: Oh okay, Yeah, what's just about?
Speaker 3: This is about a segment we do called a second date update, a really saucy, sexy segment.
Speaker 5: I should add I don't know how it was for you though, probably not, probably not in her case.
Speaker 3: We heard a little bit about a date that you went on recently with a guy named Steve.
Speaker 6: Okay, Steve, you know from the hospital. Steve.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, can we just ask did you show up to the hospital because you were trying to call him out, like you thought that he was faking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, oh no, I mean you're just like a genuinely caring person.
Speaker 4: We don't.
Speaker 3: I mean I was a.
Speaker 17: Little bit worried about him because we had become friends talking online.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, you had a couple of months of like chemistry.
Speaker 3: And that's good. So what did you think of Steve when you saw him?
Speaker 6: I r L.
Speaker 17: I mean saying.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah, interaction with old Steve there.
Speaker 9: I mean I was, I was liking him.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 17: I just I don't know if it's going.
Speaker 2: To work out.
Speaker 17: And uh, it has nothing to do with him.
Speaker 2: So it has nothing to do with him.
Speaker 5: What does it have to do with sorry to pry, Yeah, I mean he's curious.
Speaker 17: I had a friendly ghost appear like a Casper situation.
Speaker 6: Haunting, No Casper situation.
Speaker 17: It's like when there's a guy that you've been seeing, we think you have future plans with suddenly ghosts and stop talking to you. And then he's on your d MS on Instagram and then you know he likes your stories, but like he doesn't say anything to you.
Speaker 1: Why would you put any energy into that?
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously those guys always come back around as they can like sniff out that you have somebody interested in you.
Speaker 3: Ye Brook, speaking from personal experience, he's definitely gone back.
Speaker 5: They're the guys, let me tell you, They're the guys that only want you when they can't have you.
Speaker 17: Well, I thought he was really cool and we dated for a couple of weeks and he's supplying coffee for different places and businesses and I love coffee.
Speaker 10: And okay, you're still dating this guy and you love his coffee.
Speaker 6: That's why you know she's not dating him.
Speaker 3: He's just like floating around her Instagram.
Speaker 1: So you're you're just putting ghost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're putting Steve off because you want to keep the door open for coffee boy.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I know that sounds kind of rude, but if you want to sum it up that way, I guess it's true.
Speaker 6: So he's this other.
Speaker 3: Guy and he's just like liking your Insta stories and things like that. Has he actually said anything to you.
Speaker 17: No, he just wants me to know that he sees me.
Speaker 2: No, this guy sucks. You need to run from this Steve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need to get some backup on this too. And we actually do have like a friendly ghost who's floating on the other phone line right now.
Speaker 6: His name is actually Steve.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's a real person.
Speaker 10: What what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, The way the segment works is we have Steve waiting on the other line, listening to the conversation.
Speaker 6: Waiting to jump in.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I'm a little scared Steve, be there.
Speaker 15: I am so confused right now. So you're basically ghosting me for a friendly ghost.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of Yeah.
Speaker 17: I guess that's one way to put it.
Speaker 15: Oh, I mean that that is how you put it.
Speaker 17: Hey, I did not mean to hurt your feelings, but I'm in a weird situation and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so you don't dislike me. You actually like me though.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think you're a good person.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, Julie, but you don't distribute coffee to a bunch of businesses.
Speaker 5: So you haven't seen and hung out with Steve outside of a hospital bed. I mean, if you can walk away from a hospital room on a first date and say that was really great, can you imagine what it would be like if you were pulled in full health.
Speaker 17: Like I said before, this isn't really about Steve, this is about this friendly ghost that I'm dealing with, and I'm kind of waiting around to see how it plays out.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you're dealing with a ghost problem. And it's not even the dead lady from the hospital whose flowers magically ended up in your room.
Speaker 6: That's a totally different ghost who's been looming around.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Ghosts in the second it's haunted.
Speaker 15: I'm just wondering, like if I was to hang around on your Instagram and like a bunch of your stories and then after I did shoot for a while, like that's something you would like.
Speaker 17: No, ew, No, that's creepy.
Speaker 15: What is literally the difference between me doing it and this other guy?
Speaker 17: Well, he's my ex, Like you and I haven't been anything real enough for you to friendly ghost me, like you just be a creepy ghost wants.
Speaker 6: To be creepy ghosts.
Speaker 15: What if I ended up in the hospital again, Who's gonna come and see me?
Speaker 4: Strategy?
Speaker 2: Come on, Steve, is funny.
Speaker 3: You could bring the guy with the coffee business over to the hospital and take him there, whurn.
Speaker 6: Him into a real ghost.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I keep thinking the.
Speaker 5: Only time the coffee guy's gonna call you is when he's sad and lonely.
Speaker 6: Yea, yeah, that's a perfect place to get really sad.
Speaker 15: I just gotta hold away. And so I'm just I'm just supposed to wait for this guy to fully ghost you again before.
Speaker 6: Well he's not.
Speaker 17: He's not going to fully ghost me this time.
Speaker 6: Okay, have you actually talked to him yet?
Speaker 17: Not yet, but he's getting closer.
Speaker 3: But Steve, I know that you're trying really hard here to get truly bad, but it sounds like this doesn't have anything to do with you. This is totally her deal. She's just trying to figure her own stuff out.
Speaker 2: So and I mean, honestly, she's gonna be and go for a while.
Speaker 3: So it's probably pointless for me to even ask this question. But I'm gonna do it anyway because there's a ghost whispering in my ear to do it. He's saying, you and Steve should go out on another date and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 6: I don't know, yes, I don't know as close to yes person.
Speaker 15: Sorry, I'm sorry, I just this is all very end like. I don't mean to rush you, Julie, but I've got an ambulance on the other line. They just want to know where I'm at.
Speaker 6: Date you heard ends in the hospital again.
Speaker 17: I just don't think it'd be fair to you, Steve, like I'm not in this situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean that's some honesty right there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry, man, this isn't going to work out.
Speaker 6: We're not going to be able to get you a second date.
Speaker 15: This is okay. I'd rather deal with this now than like if we were dating.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true. That's a good attitude.
Speaker 3: Don't give up, hope, Man to haunt her in a month or two, and then she'll be really.
Speaker 15: Doing I know, I know the game planned now.
Speaker 6: Talked to you in a couple of months. Man, good luck.
Speaker 11: Don't do that, Steve.
Speaker 2: I told you it's creepy.
Speaker 6: Okay, looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I've never heard the dating term friendly ghost before, like being caspired where if you missed it, that's where a former love interest who ghosts you comes back and is quietly hanging around your like Instagram and Insta stories, liking things just to make sure that you know they're there.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna tell you this has been happening long before Instagram was even invented.
Speaker 1: Okay, totally, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You were friendly ghosting people by hanging outside of their work.
Speaker 1: No, it's just like those exes.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 1: Everybody has those exes that just like linger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they don't do it because they want anything, They just want control.
Speaker 3: Well, jose you mentioned saying like, oh this is me, how many haunts.
Speaker 6: Would you say that you're currently doing at the moment.
Speaker 10: I think me and a lot of girls were haunting each other back where you're like, you like, but no one's like actually.
Speaker 4: Said high yet.
Speaker 10: So it's like I see you and then like they go on a date and you like that, And because.
Speaker 3: We've been liking each other, no two ghosts could haunt each other.
Speaker 7: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: Either till today.
Speaker 2: Supernatural world is hard even dating there.
Speaker 3: We're more attuned to what's going on in the real world with real people. So if you have an issue with that in your dating life, we can try and help.
Speaker 6: Email the show.
Speaker 3: We'll call that person who's not calling you back and make sure you go check out all of our podcasts. All the second dates are up at Brook and Jeffrey wherever you get.
Speaker 11: Yours Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know, lately, Brooke, I've noticed that you're winning streaks.
Speaker 6: Aren't very streaky.
Speaker 3: You're going like two, three, four wins maybe, and then you choke.
Speaker 5: What's interesting is I feel like I've been doing a really good job. I've been getting like five, six, seven, correct. Maybe you're concentrating on the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: Well, this isn't Little League baseball rules where you get credit just for trying.
Speaker 6: You actually have to leave. You have to win these games in order to succeed.
Speaker 3: And the last time you accused the listener of cheating and selling their soul to Satan before management.
Speaker 6: Had to pull you off of the air.
Speaker 15: For the day.
Speaker 4: Are you but?
Speaker 2: But was I wrong? Was I wrong?
Speaker 11: Non?
Speaker 3: Proof of the pressure of elementary school level trivia is actually getting to you.
Speaker 4: I really hope there's another religious tirade today.
Speaker 15: I'm really open.
Speaker 3: I hope not because you're taking on somebody who actually deals with real stress every day.
Speaker 6: That's Katie, who is the stay at home mom of four children. Stress first, Katie, where's your head today? Mentally?
Speaker 15: I'm ready? I think.
Speaker 2: Katie, you had four kids.
Speaker 5: We're already making questionable decisions here right, they're.
Speaker 15: All older now, we all sleep through the night, So those sleeping.
Speaker 6: Pills really are doing the trick.
Speaker 3: We'reing a send Brook out of the studio while she heads out, Katie, you know the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you do have to beat Brook out right if you want to win.
Speaker 6: Are you ready?
Speaker 11: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Good luck? Your time starts now. Mariah Carey celebrates the birthday today she turns sixty years old. Is that statement true or false? The top selling cooking book of all time is from nineteen thirty six titled Blank of Cooking?
Speaker 6: What's blank Joy?
Speaker 3: What famous dance comes from the TV show Fresh Prince of Fresh Prince of bel Air? In the NFL? What position did Hall of Famer Jerry Rice play.
Speaker 15: Wide receiver?
Speaker 3: The largest glacier in the world is located by where the North or South pole north? How many seconds does it take for your blood to circulate the entire vascular system twenty forty or sixty seconds forty? You can hear the excitement and maybe slight panic in Katie's voice as she answered every single question.
Speaker 6: But really good speed there. They're going to go over some of the answers for a second.
Speaker 1: Katie's squeaky.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited, are you?
Speaker 6: Why are you excited?
Speaker 14: I think I won.
Speaker 2: Oh I haven't answered any questions yet.
Speaker 6: She's that comfident.
Speaker 15: I was just the best I ever did. I practice every day when I listen.
Speaker 6: Oh kay, So she's excited about this.
Speaker 3: Also, apparently Katie's excited about going to New York soon for your birthday?
Speaker 6: And yes, I love that.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do in the city? What's your goal? Food shows? Where are you at?
Speaker 15: I really want to go eat some like really good food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, easy to do.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: You gonna have a good time, Katie. Now we got to go over to brook here. Are you ready? Brook? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Mariah Carey celebrates a birthday today. She turns sixty years old. Is that statement true or false?
Speaker 2: Else?
Speaker 3: The top selling cooking book of all time is from nineteen thirty six titled Blank of Cooking?
Speaker 6: What's Blank Dark Cooking?
Speaker 3: What famous dance comes from the TV show Fresh Prince of bel Air, the Dougie in the NFL? What position did Hall of Famer Jerry Rice.
Speaker 2: Play wide receiver.
Speaker 3: The largest glacier in the world is located by where the north or south pole south? How many seconds does it take for your blood to circulate the entire vascular system? Twenty forty or sixty seconds?
Speaker 1: I'm going to go forty.
Speaker 2: Go right in the middle there.
Speaker 3: Bob, all right, playing safe with the answers. Let's go to the scoreboard and see if it paid off for you with Jose.
Speaker 6: What's up for.
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 4: Got three correct today?
Speaker 15: Katie always thought it was more than that.
Speaker 1: You think, How many did you think it was? Katie? How many did you play them?
Speaker 14: All?
Speaker 6: Got appreciate the confidence.
Speaker 2: We'll slice a humble pie right there, brook God also three.
Speaker 3: It was close, but not quite enough to pull out the victory. Oh man, Well, let's go over the answers for everybody first. Mariah Carey celebrates the birthday today.
Speaker 6: She's sixty. No, she's not. She's turning fifty five today.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: According to the Internet, the tom selling cookbook of all time from nineteen thirty six is titled The Joy of Cooking, more than twenty million copies sold.
Speaker 6: Katie got that one right.
Speaker 3: The famous dance from the TV show Fresh Prince of vl Air is the Carlton Dance In the NFL. Jerry Rice played wide receiver and got himself into the Hall of.
Speaker 4: Fame Hall of Fame Seahawks players.
Speaker 6: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: The largest glacier in the world is located by the South Poles in Antarctica, called the Lambert Glacier, and it takes twenty seconds for blood to circulate through your entire vascular system.
Speaker 4: I think it quicker because it's filled with sugar.
Speaker 2: Mine's quicker because it's thinned out with all the alcohol.
Speaker 6: Katie.
Speaker 3: It wasn't enough to beat Brooke today, So that's the bad news. The good news is just for playing. You win a four pack of tickets to paw Patrol Live playing the Pugets Region April fifth through the seventeenth. It's coming to McCall Hall and you and three others will be there as they face their biggest challenge yet. For more info on tickets, go to Pawpatrol Live dot com.
Speaker 9: Yes awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you want to send any messages out to your four children that are listening?
Speaker 15: Yes, I love you guys, one of you they can't yees. Yeah.
Speaker 6: To find it out to see. Thanks for puting me, Katie.
Speaker 3: We're going to be back to do Windbrooks Block same time tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning,