Speaker 1: What up y'all iss DEEJV and tournament time is officially here, So fill out your brackets and place your bets on who you think will rise to the top with my partners at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: Right now, all new customers who.
Speaker 1: Bet five dollars will get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly. Download the DraftKings app now and sign up using my code TBC.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: That's right, New customers can bet five dollars on anything and receive one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. Staying on the action and use your one hundred and fifty dollars bonus bets on DraftKings same game parlays for a shot at an even bigger payout combined with multiple bets together from the same game including total points score, number of rebounds by your favorite player, and more. If sports betting is not in your state, don't worry. You can still join in on the fund with DraftKings Daily Fantasy and have a shot at cash prizes as well.
Speaker 3: Wake that answer up in the morning Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is the DJ Envy Jess hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We ought to breakfast club. We got a special guest in the.
Speaker 4: Building, fucking legend man Bill Burr.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm feeling.
Speaker 5: I'm all right, you're right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: When you hear the word legend and you just feel old, do you feel like I'm accomplished?
Speaker 5: Ah, I don't know what I feel. I never feel like I you know this, you know this businesses you feel like you know any moment, like whatever you got is going to go away. So I just I don't pay attention to that stuff. I obviously like it. No, legend doesn't make me feel old, makes me feel good. But when somebody's like, ah, man, I grew up on your comedy. I started listening to you when I was eight, I'm like going, oh my god, you're seeing there like you know, divorced, You're like, God, how old are myself?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I would say that's the type of stuff makes me feel old.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to go back a little bit, if you don't mind, I want to know. You know what got Bill Burn into comedy.
Speaker 5: From attic childhood happy? He gets into this stuff just then the delusions of fame get into your head, and then you somehow get into it. Uh No, I mean I definitely liked it when I was growing up, but I got into it by chance where you know, I'm old man. So like I was watching it in the seventies and eighties, but like show business was like it was a million miles away. It was impossible. It was not something that you could do, like, you know, just take out a camera and start filming yourself. So I grew up Massachusetts suburbs, so I thought, like, you know, you had to be in Hollywood to get into it. Like I had no idea. There was this huge stand up scene in in uh Massachusetts. So I was working in a warehouse and I was working with this guy and he was into stand up the way I was, and he was funny as hell. And one night we were we used to uh used to go over his house have a couple of beers before we went out, you know, save some money, and he was we were watching stand up, but he was going, Bill, what funny than these guys like and you know, he goes one one night, I'm gonna take a shot at Jack Daniels and go up on stage. And that's when it stopped being on TV and it was next to me, and I started thinking like, oh, wait a minute, he can try it. I can try it. And still took me another five years to figure it out. I started, I started kind of late. Did you ever feel like you had to wear a dress the sucker cock?
Speaker 4: Did you know? In Hollywood? Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: No, And that whole theory is ridiculous. That's what's going on out there, that there's more pedophiles in Hollywood than there are in plumbing. It's like it's.
Speaker 7: A problem plumbing, I don't know, just like regular jobs, directing, like directing, like every pedophile in jail.
Speaker 5: Like created uh you know, freaking uh.
Speaker 7: You know, it's like they're like, that's what's going on. What's funny is what's going on in Hollywood is going on in most businesses, where it's like there's a lot of people working over time, not getting paid, not getting credit and getting pushed down and people at the top taking more and more. But the problem with Hollywood is is those idiots stay in Hollywood and they look at most of the country like flyover states, and then they go on these stupid.
Speaker 5: You know, awards shows and they talk down to them, and then that makes them, hate them, and then they love to see somebody going down. The whole thing is it's like traveling is depressing, yeah, because what you find is everybody really is the same, like all of this stuff, like you know, all these people are evildoers and they're this and that, and you go over there and it's just everybody's the same.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Everybody you know wants to have money, to have a sandwich, you want to find love, you want to be feel safe. That's everybody is like that. But then they just they just you know, the sociopaths get the dumb people wound up.
Speaker 6: I feel like New York and La have no idea what the rest of the country is actually Like if you grew up in New York, you grew up in LA, you don't know what the real like.
Speaker 5: New Yorkers are some of the worst traveled peoples you're ever gonna meet. They're hilarious everywhere they go. They would go to Guam and be like, oh, I go to Guam. I try to get a bacon, egg and cheese, and the ladies looking at me like, what are you talking about? This place sucks? Where are the skyscrapers? Like that's what cracks about New York is like what It's like the point of traveling is to get something different. Like they go to La and they try to get a bacon, egg and cheese. It's like, get a taco? What are you doing when in Rome?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't come here and try to get a burrito. I've seen Mexican foods here. I just start laughing. It's like, no, I'm not doing that close music.
Speaker 2: Got a taco bell, That's that's usually what.
Speaker 5: I love that you said that because Mexicans all think that white people think taco bell is authentic Mexican food. It's like, We're not that that. Yeah, I know Olive Garden is not a town. I understand that they have poured it out.
Speaker 6: What did Bilberg want to be before he became a comedian? You just always wanted to do comedy.
Speaker 5: I was just failing and everything I did horrible in school. I did good in school until it mattered. I was weird. I did really good right up till eighth grade, and then once college started paying attention. I don't know, I just that's you know, I'm not going to get into it, but that's when I'll like the ass hit the fan with a lot of stuff. So then, yeah, I don't know what I tried construction. I wasn't good at that landscaping. I worked in warehouses. I knew I didn't want a boss, and I also knew that I didn't want to go into the same building for more than a year, because a few times I had jobs for over a year, and there was just something so depressing because you were working for somebody else's dream, and it was like a year earlier, I was standing right here. I have not moved anywhere. I'm another year older. So yeah, and you know, I mean depressed. Now, I was been here for fifteen years. If I wasn't sitting in a throne, I was unloading trust this guy's drinking from a challice, Like I feel good about this, I scented candle. No, I wasn't like unloading trucks and getting hammered and driving drunk stuff you did in the eighties. I mean that was basically what it was. So and I was going part time to college because I'd have money to go to college, so I was paying my own way through it, and I had already stayed back in first grade. So I just felt like hopelessly behind until I started hanging out, you know, with people that were into comedy, and then somehow I found it and uh yeah, then I remember doing that, and then that was just like, all right, this is what this is what I'm supposed to do, because everything else I was doing I just never felt I always never felt like this is not it. I don't feel like these people aren't the same kind of weird that I am.
Speaker 4: You know, why do you think you're weird? Though?
Speaker 5: I mean, like, well, I think we're all like messed up a little bit. Why don't think I'm weird? I don't know if I if I knew why I was weird, I wouldn't be weird.
Speaker 6: I think I think you got a lot of common sense. I think I'm like, this guy is just human being.
Speaker 5: Well, I've learned from a lot of failures. Your own are others, oh, my own okay, okay, oh and also others. Well that you know, I had a great education when I got in to stand up. The Big eighties. I don't know how old you guys are, but the Big eighty Okay, so the Big eighties boom where stand up comedy clubs exploded and all that and then it just got to the point you could just put like a microphone anywhere and people would show up for comedy. So the quality of it went down, and everybody was doing well. A lot of people were doing blow getting paid in cash and and blow and all of that type of stuff. And then it all came crashing down, and then the irs showed up and everything, and then I then I started, like I walked in like you know, the end of the party. Balloons were on the ground, confetti, everybody passed out, and I saw these headliners that were getting their wages garnished and they had to talk to the irs to go do some you know, funny bone in another state and everything. So my generation kind of learned like, all right, man, you can party this away in about seven eight crucial years, So you know, I learned from that. And then, you know, any young comics watching this, your twenties and thirties are difficult because you're struggling. And then also you do that comparison thing like, well, you started the same time I did, and you're here and I'm here, so I must be doing something wrong. And then I start hating you for some stupid reason. And then like that takes up a lot of energy, and then one day you just basically figured out like, all right, I'm making the decisions here. I you know, I'm doing well and not doing well by what I'm thinking rather than this this other stuff. Because you ever want to quit once, No, one time I thought I wasn't gonna make it. It was the only time I ever thought it. When was this you bombed? No, No, I happen all the time. It's just part of this stuff. I was doing the I'm not gonna say where it was because it's a sad story. We're gonna bump you out. Okay. So I was doing this this this club that I've just been going to for year, years and years and years and years and years. Every other year I would go there New Hour, going to get them, you know, you know, I'm in with the Warning radio guys. And the same thirty people were showing up. So it was after the late show and I was sitting there, you know, wreaking a smoke because you could smoke. All three shows. Smelt like I thought a fire. My eyes were all burning, and I was just looking at the wait staff and they were lifers. They had been there before and they were older, a little bit heavier, and they were counting up their money and they were smoking their cigarettes, and the same amount of people had showed up. And that was the first time I like this thought went in my head, like of like, wait a minute, am I the guy who doesn't make it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: My god? The panic of that. I went back to the comedy condo and I was just laying in bed trying to turn it around, and my brain was just no, oh, ye're the guy's not going to make it. So that was Yeah. Then I got back to New York and it was better, you know, I came you know, after the gig, I came back and then just like the energy, I had a couple of good sets, you know, Sunday night at the Boston Comedy Club was a huge was a huge turning point for me in my career, probably how I ended up here right now, and that that would that would get me to think positive.
Speaker 4: And you said you never bombed, right and.
Speaker 5: The time you have, But I don't think you bombed though.
Speaker 6: I think that people don't know if they should laugh at what you're saying, you know what I.
Speaker 5: Mean, maybe now, but no, no, I remember bombing so bad one time. This was comedy club called Mixed Nuts that's now called the Comedy Union. That was the black club, right. So I went down there and uh, it's funny. I started doing those rooms because I used to listen to Richard Pryor, so like his albums were so live that you could like picture the crowd. So I had this idea of what a crowd looked like.
Speaker 4: It was weird.
Speaker 5: I'm white as hell on that like that was my idea of what a crowd was. So I, you know, ended up doing those rooms along with the white rooms. Right. So I was on stage bombings so bad like like this right here, silence, and I just remembering this woman's voice in the back. She just goes. I laughed yet ten minutes and then that was the biggest laugh of the said. Everybody laughed, and then they just started talking amongst themselves. And I did not I did know how to turn it around.
Speaker 4: It was and.
Speaker 5: There's something It's bad enough bombing in front of your own people, but bombing in front of another race of people, knowing that you're taking down a bunch of other white comics with you, like because everybody, it's just like I don't want you. It's not just me. Yeah, there are others out there. They're funny. Yeah, it was bad. You liked Richard Pryor what was your favorite? Hm? Maybe it was it something I said, the one. I can't say all of them. You're gonna get me in trouble half time.
Speaker 4: That was the question.
Speaker 5: I think I'm tucking. I got a good night's sleep. I like that, or was crazy? I will say I bought I bought his albums because he just looked funny. That was the first one I bought that ed was crazy when when he was pointing like that, just he just looked funny. And that's how I bought the first Eddie Murphy. Up. I bought the first Eddie Murphy album because I was like, well, he's also black, he must be funny. And that was the first one. We had the rose in his ear.
Speaker 4: He got that work.
Speaker 6: So you did represent for all white comics because you see one funny black comedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how it was. That's how it works. And so it's almost like I found a genre of music, so I would listen to it. I listened to all of his stuff, and I just, uh, there was something about the way he did it, which I didn't understand it as a kid, but the way he did, the way he trashed white people, he got you to listen to him and laugh at yourself. Where I think when by the time def jam came around, crack eighties and all of that, like where black comedy was, it was like, all right, enough for this like sort of pussy footing around, you know, So then it was more like that was like a different thing. But like what I loved about Richard was like you like rooted for him, you felt like you knew him. It was really insane. I like, and I think he's the greatest of all time. And I think it's even.
Speaker 1: Close during that time, during that era wind it seems like that crack time where deaf comedy jam and the comedy shows. Was it hard for you to book in those black rooms? Was it was like here it comes to white comedian again.
Speaker 5: No, that was the irony. It was hard for them and you you, yeah, you had to like vouch for him and everything, and the club owners right in front of Yeah, you don't do that deaf jam stuff, do you. You're not like m F and m FIN talking about you know, I don't know what I can say on the show. Yeah, you're not you're not, you're Oh wait, you said sucking dick earlier.
Speaker 4: Second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So they would literally say that, and that was embarrassing. You'd be standing there going like so, but what they're they you'd come on, They didn't is they would just say, I go up, do you think? And they I felt like guys, Like all of those guys I worked for Talent Drew Fraser, Rob Stapleton, Er Kelly Capone, all the New York kings. I used to do all of those rooms and uh, oh god, those are all the memories of that one. I remember Gerald Kelly had a room. Oh god, it was a brutal room. It was somewhere in like Newark and like the two thousands, and I remember that. I remember this comedian, was it ros g or something, Yeah, Rest her soul. She was on stage and she's super loud, and she was super loud, and they weren't laughing at anything, and she ended us safe. She's like, god damn, She's like, I don't know who's coming up next, but he better be funny because you motherfuckers ain't laughing. It's ship. And then she brought me.
Speaker 4: Up Gentleman Milburgh didn't get a laugh at least.
Speaker 5: No, oh, we know it's weird. I went up, had an okay set and I felt like I bombed in anything. And randomly Chris Weber was there and he came up, but he told me I was funny, and it was little things like that. I'm like, well, this guy's famous, this guy's successful. He thinks I'm funny, so I think I'll be all right.
Speaker 6: Do you change your thing when you're doing black rooms versus white rooms?
Speaker 5: I try not to. Early on I did. I'd be on stage all of a sudden, I hear myself tagging all my jokes with you know what I'm saying, and I'm being like, why am I doing that? Why am I doing that? Stop?
Speaker 2: Stop doing that?
Speaker 5: But you just would, and then it was an easy way. It's an easy way to get through those rooms. You could just be like, I'm the white guy and I'm scared, and that's sort of how you do it initially, just to get your feet wet in those rooms. And then basically then it becomes like, now can I actually go up here and talk about what I want to talk about? Wear a Bruin's T shirt, you know, hockey T shirt. And I started experimenting with that, and I remember Patrice giving me rest is soul, Yeah, going like Bill's trying to do his white shit in these black rooms. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it all dependent on the crowd. It all dependent on the crowd. But I felt like it's a weird thing where I feel like it's harder to be a black comic in a black room than it is to be a black comic in a white room, and vice versa, because you can just play fish out of water, like, oh wow, this is all different, gee, Louise, you know, I'm all nervous up here and just literally play into the stereotype. That's the easy laugh hundred pcent not but not early on, I forgive any of it because you're just trying to survive, because it's like, you know, that's like not something like white people don't experience being the only you a lot. You know, we just sort of walk in, oh more white shit, you know, and you just live that. So the first experience, and that's funny. When I first started doing those rooms, I didn't see black people as individuals. I just saw black people, and as I kept doing them, and doing them. I started to see individuals, Oh, this guy's like my buddy Mitch, this guy's like you know. And I started to see, Oh, this guy's a good guy. This guy's a piece of shit, and this guy steals jokes, this guy's you know, and it's like, oh, this is just like white people.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask, you know, back in the day, what you name some of those comedians from Talent to Compone. It seems like comedy had a brotherhood, like you'll f with each other. Now it doesn't seem like that, especially with Kat William throwing missiles at everybody. Was it a brotherhood back then? Or was it always competition in missions?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: It always was. It's just you couldn't you couldn't air your grievances on social media and that type of stuff. Like No, there still is like a there still is like a comrade, especially the people that you like you start out with when you go up and you're doing like open mics and stuff. It's just one impossible situation after another, and you just get thrown into these things and you sort of bond with each other through just you know, I mean, I did gigs like we don't have a microphone. Is that going to be a pro problem. We're just gonna have you stand here in this hall. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: No, it was just like.
Speaker 5: Some of the stuff, some of the places, and then you would just what kept you going was your friend in the crowd laughing at you, watching you trying to figure this situation out. So there's definitely that. But you know, people focus on the negative or whatever. So I mean, generally speaking, we get along somewhat difference than other other stuff.
Speaker 6: Now when you see the black comedians going back and forth with each other, what do you think about that? Do you even look at it in black commedians?
Speaker 4: You just look at his comedians?
Speaker 5: No comedians, because white comedians are doing it too.
Speaker 6: Really, yeah, what's what's what's your colubsation?
Speaker 5: Oh, you know, I don't know because I'm old, but like there's definitely you know, I'm an old school guy where I look at all that stuff like that's locker room stuff. And if you have a problem with somebody, you should go to them and say it. That's how I came up. And then also like I, uh, you know, this is difficult. I don't need to make it any more difficult. There's people I like people. Maybe I don't like but I don't need to walk around like what good does that do me? To do? That's but that's me, so you know other people do it differently.
Speaker 8: Have you ever heard that somebody didn't like you or a reason, any particular reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: People thought I was a dick. They thought I was like aloof because I when I first started, they thought I was like, uh, you know, if you're quiet and you're actually doing well, people get in their head and they thought, oh, he's not talking to me because he doesn't like me, and it wasn't. I was like a mess. I was questioning everything that I had done in the previous five minutes. But some people took it like he's not talking to me because he doesn't think I'm funny. So I definitely had a few of those. And I was also an angry guy, so I probably yeah, oh Jesus, uh, just stuff. I don't want to get into stuff that makes you be a comedian, the usual I have. I have you want to talk about hackey. I have all of the hacky background you need to get into this business. So you know, I could have had a much simpler life.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of us. I mean, I deal with, you know, anxiety on a high level, you know. I mean I think a lot of people do, but I think most people who have a high level of self awareness really do because we're just aware that we're dealing with something.
Speaker 4: That we're willing to acknowledge and other people aren't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, every time I think I'm getting sane, I don't know, something else happens, and like, you know, like having kids and stuff. Really, you know, it really holds a mirror. My daughter said the cutest thing to me the other day. She goes, Dad, can you stop being mad now? And I just burst it out, laughing, and I was like, yeah, all right, all right, that's good. But the way I came, I would never say that to my dad. So I do feel like I've done. What I do like about my kids is that they're not afraid of me at all. They took me like a freaking bouncy house. But uh so, yeah, I've tried to. I tried to, you know, I've tried to undo some things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're not afraid of you because you're probably raising them with love, or at least my dad he.
Speaker 4: Raised me with fear.
Speaker 6: I believe he was afraid that I would make the samest things he made.
Speaker 5: Oh, everyone was afraid of that. You were afraid of other people's dads when I was growing up because they could hit you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, and they had big cars and they were always mad, and they were coming home and you just saw like, you know, like their wife scampering back into the house, you know, as they were pulling into the driveway. Yeah, the men were scary when I was growing up. So I probably overcorrected or whatever, but I'd rather have him coming up this way. Yeah, my kids allowed you know, we were not loud, Like we were loud when mom was home. When dad was home, everybody just shut the hell up. And when he left, it was like like a stack of bricks off your chair.
Speaker 4: Wait until your dad got home. Oh my god, those I mean it was funny.
Speaker 5: Was he actually was big? SOFTI was. Also, it turns out that way my mother was the one that beat us.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we deserved.
Speaker 6: You said earlier, you always feel like things would be taken away from you, Like that's from childhood or that cancel coach, Like, what do.
Speaker 5: You mean when you say that, No, this is before cancel culture, well, because you I would You would see guys like idiots would get a show on the air and then immediately go buy a big house in a car. But back in the day, they would say you gotta wait till the third season, so you know that it's rolling, and you would watch guys blow all their money. I watched people get deals up at Montreal and they put it all in the dot com stock market. I knew that was I stayed away from that ship. When I was at the comic strip and comedians stopped talking about comedy and they were talking about stocks, going like, you know, it's gonna split again, it's exacinitely gonna split again. I'm like, you are a dummy. You're a dummy. I'm a dummy. We should not be talking about this shit. So I didn't put it. But I saw guys lose all their money that way. There was guys I used to be, you know, looking up like, oh my god, how do you get to that level? And then their stuff starts to go like that, like this this business is it's not for the for the week, and you got to save your money. I don't know, I'm trying to come with something positive here, it's a fun job. Though it's a fun job.
Speaker 4: This is a call back.
Speaker 6: And when you saw those white comics on that level, did you say to yourself, he sucked the dick to get there or did he wear a dress to get there?
Speaker 4: Like? Where does that?
Speaker 5: What is that? What is that theory that stigma come from? Because I'm asking you you brought that up twice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because that's the that's the that's the stigma. Like you know, the stigma is for black commas. You gotta wear a dress to get to a certain level. You know, you did that.
Speaker 4: Ship According to Kat Williams about Twell.
Speaker 5: Milton Burrow, Milton Burrow made a whole career like be like that comes from Vaden Williams. Yeah, he played Missus Doubtfire, Tom Hanks was on Buzz and Buddies. I mean it was just like it was kind of the you know, we don't have a good idea. Yeah, let's put a guy in a dress. That's kind of what it was. But I understand, you know, that's just one of those white things where I don't have to look at it like, oh, they're doing this because they're trying to belittle me, because they don't see me as human. I don't have to deal with all the stuff you guys got to deal with, So, like, I don't know if it it's how much of that's true, how much of it's paranoia? I mean, I can't speak on that. I have no idea, but like.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't you never wore dress?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that whole sucking a dick thing, Like it's like you just sort of know you did.
Speaker 2: Did you never wear a dress? He said no, not that or that whole sucking addiction.
Speaker 5: It's more like, you create a show, you go in, you pitch it to these people, they somehow take control of it. You lose to created by credit. They make all the money you don't. That's that's the way it usually works. It's not it's not like you want a TV show, huh, all right, problem.
Speaker 3: And you better do it good because I got another forty guys.
Speaker 5: Waiting to suck. It's like, that's just I think a lot of people want it to be that way because it just makes them feel better about their lives or where the fuck they're at. But it's just like, yeah, like most of Hollywood is overworked, underpaid people not getting credit for some shit that they created, and it happens to everybody. It happens at different levels, and you have to learn how to protect yourself, and nobody teaches you. You just go in there taking punches and then you go, oh, you know, and that that's usually how you learn, unless there's a comic that kind of takes you under under his wing or something and teaches you, like, well, got for this. They're going to try to do that. Damon Wayne's was great at that.
Speaker 4: Oh word, I've heard that before.
Speaker 5: That he was great at that. Like he barely knew me and he you know, and he' said, he I saw you on TV. You funny man. We stand out in front of the cellar. He goes what he got going on, and he just stood there. Damon Wayde's quick and believe it, he just stood there and for like twenty minutes, he's going, uh huh, all right, all right, this is what they're going to try to do. But he just was cooling, like, oh my god, I know I just did this business was so ruthless. But I never forgot that, and that was something that I learned. It's like, all right, so if I get somewhere, like my job is to tell the younger kids, you know how they going to try to come in. That's how they fuck you. Yeah, they don't care about they can get a hook or any time they want, or whatever the hell they want. They're trying to take your ideas and get the money. They got all kinds of stuff they have. Like you remember back in the day, there was like points on a show, how many points you had, and they literally invented points that didn't mean shit, so you would be you got forty points, I only got thirty, but mine means something. You just don't mean anything. It's the whole thing is. Yeah, like here's one for you. It's way harder to prove somebody stole from you than defamation of character. Figure that one out. So that basically protects the thiefs. So when somebody steals from you can't then go around town and say this guy stole from me, stay away from him, blah blah. That gets back to him. He can sue me, and he can just come up with the phony cost report, Well, well this mouse was thirty thousand dollars and this was fifteen, and and whittle down what he stole and they get away with it. Pad that experience.
Speaker 4: Will it Will it ever be fair? Will be no?
Speaker 5: Because human beings are completely flawed and it's God's fault because that's how he makes this. So you need to stop going on Sunday praising him. You need constructive criticism. Jesus, No, I didn't know. Let people freak out. Will freak out when you when you start making fun of God. I'm down to hear you.
Speaker 4: I'm down to hear it out, all right.
Speaker 5: No, I just it's just an astoundingly like uh, not even dumb. Just not have an empathy, which is the first level of intelligence. Is if you can't take yourself out of yourself and look at somebody else, see this situation and hear it that there's there's just a level of life in living life you're not going to get past. You're just not going to get past. And also they got to stop naming stuff deliberately confusing, like white privilege. Every white person I knew is I didn't grow up rich. That's how we took that shit. I don't know why. I don't know who names the shit, but like I didn't know what it meant. I was like, what are you talking about? I grew up in a duplex with fucking squirrels.
Speaker 4: And the So what would you call it?
Speaker 5: What would I call white privilege? No, I would Well, that's a good question. Uh, I don't know being white, I don't know. I don't know. I'm not good at this, like coming up with band names and shit like that. But like I didn't like, like it meant how you like moved through the earth through the world.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So one of the things I've been kind of having fun with in the Red States is talking about the Klan and now there's all this stuff you can't do anymore, but you can still join that group. But I go, that's a great example of white privilege. Can you can still join a terrorist organization as a white person and it's protected under others freedom of speech? And they start saying, well, you know, I don't want to do the whole bit because I want to I want to flesh this thing out. But that's what they sit there, and then that's one of the most fun things about doing stand up is going to a place like that and doing some stuff like that and getting them to hear it, and then going to LA and kind of doing like the same thing. Because they think people in Hollywood think that you just put a BLM sign in the window, and that means, you know, you're like a saint, and it's like you haven't done anything, which you basically did was appeased your your sense of responsibility. What are you talking about, I put a sign in the window. I'm on the right side of history. Or my favorite one was it was white people marching in BLM marches, filming themselves or Instagram like, look what a great person I am. So it's just like, I don't know, I don't know a human being served or interesting.
Speaker 4: Is their comedy to be found in this year's election. I mean.
Speaker 5: The joke I've been doing. They're like this election is like you know, when Hollywood makes a shitty movie, you're like, man, that movie sucked, and then two years later there's like a sequel and you're like, they're making another one of these. That's how I look at this. I think, basically, it's not worth the job's not worth the headache. And I think that the House and the Senate basically voting that you can't prosecute us for insider trading, and they're all worth twenty to forty million dollars and you watch CNN and Fox News. You know who's supposed to be these journalists just completely leave them alone. It's like, why do I want that job? I can just sit here, no one knows who I am other than in my state. I can make my forty million move to another state, no one knows who I am. You know, get a boat and some coke and some wares, and I'm good, right, Like that's how they look at it, like seeing Nfox. If I was running sit c N, Fox News would be shut down. They are anti American. All they do every day their businesses divide us and and then who they go after, they just go after. The reason why comedians have been getting so much shit is because we don't advertise on their network, so we're just soft targets.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: That's why I could being in the pandemic. You remember that kid who he hoarded all the hand sanitizer, one of the greatest fucking gambles ever, because they was a SARS is coming and all of this shit. This kid said, ah, I think this stuff is real, And he had a whole garage full of hand sanitizer and he was up in the price by one hundred percent and seeing ah, they were just dragging this kid. How could you do that? And then meanwhile, like big pharmaceutical companies, it's like four to sixty bucks for a leukemia pill and that's totally fine. Why is that fine? Because they're making money off them, so they're not going to, like, you know, bite the hand that feed. So this is the shit that like you think about when you're alone a lot on the road and it eventually makes you go crazy. So I just I have decided what. I just sort of like I don't pay attention to like anything, and I try not to, but then and when I do, it's like heartbreaking. Like there's there's a uh, there's a documentary about the Ukraine that came out one an oscar and I just saw the trailers. I just was the most heartbreaking thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 6: It's almost like ignorance is bliss right, Like that's what you realize that unless you know happy you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or like, uh, I don't know, Yeah, it's weird. It's weird. And then dumb people think they know everything. Mm hmmm, I had this works let me, I got it all figured out. Yeah, So that's why I realized, Yeah, I don't know shit, does.
Speaker 2: Cancel go to scare you at all? Does it make you change?
Speaker 4: You said?
Speaker 1: You see a lot of comedians change the set, change how they talk, change what they talk about.
Speaker 5: Uh. Well, that was something that, like most movements, started with something good, you know, and then was quickly co opted by people with their own interest and then it just completely lost its way.
Speaker 2: And like, is it good because because medians were usually the ones that well, I think you.
Speaker 5: Laugh, you know, but if there was people, No, but the initial thing that there's these people out there actually abusing people, like that was good to get rid of those people that that wasn't bad. But then all of a sudden it's spun into what are you talking about in your act?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: I worked with an actor she got she got canceled for an analogy and it was and it was all politics. The girl on Star Wars. Uh, it was she didn't want to get the she didn't want to get the COVID shot, and then she made some sort of Nazi Germany analogy. Right, well, no, it'll do if it goes against the politics, if it went across, if she was coming the other way, if she was coming like the other way, then I don't think it doesn't land that way, because I gotta be honest with you, Like Hitler and Nazi analogies and comedy are like are hackey, it's forever been, this guy is the next Hitler blah blah blah bah blah or something like that, So you know, like I don't know it, So it's it's it's I kind of like didn't really notice it was happening that I was kind of on stage going like, oh, I just said that, what if somebody just takes that clip? And as I didn't realize I was doing that till I did. Dave Chappelle was doing COVID shows and I went there and nobody had a phone, and just the freedom of that, not like I was gonna go out and say something ignorant, but just not having to worry about that when they were really kind of common for people, because I think it's like died down, but it was a while. It just seemed like they had to throw a log on the fire every month and eat whether they had somebody or not.
Speaker 4: And the wrong Nazi Germany Hitler reference will get you in any air.
Speaker 5: Look, it's all it depends on your intent. It depends on your intent. I did Nazi jokes when I was in Germany, and they would die and laugh because it was just like, what was it. I was just talking about all their accomplishments. I go, you know what's amazing about you guys, you know all the accomplishments you made, you know, with the automobile, you know, weaponry, audio tape. I just was listing all their accomplishments. I go, and then you just pick one wrong guy and it all goes to hell. And I just started talking about yeah, because and then they filmed it so they can't refute it. Oh, that was a joke I was doing. Yeah, how Germany they actually have shame for what they did, and it's not because they're better white people. It's because they're oppressed people. One they have to they have to acknowledge it.
Speaker 6: The nottification though, that is that's what That's what that was. Yeah, it was them having shame for what they did and you know, cleaning everything up.
Speaker 5: I find neo like neo Nazis are fascinating to me because like they're all like to support the troops people and they're like neo Nazis and it's like, well, you know the troops were fighting the Nazis. Like, just how all of that gets blurred after time? It's weird.
Speaker 6: Not that one little piece you just said Neo nazis a fan. Yeah, clip that on Twitter?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there it is. You have a field day.
Speaker 5: I find them intriguing.
Speaker 4: How big of a deal is it now for a comedian to have a special.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I still think it's it's a to have a good one. If you have a whatever one, it's I don't know what it's going to do for you, but uh, I'm old school. I still like I'm like one of those you know guys now in your business they just make singles and stuff like that. So that's starting to become that like have a special chopping up. That's what the younger kids are doing. I'm still of the I'm still making albums, So I don't know if that's stupid or whatever, but that's that's how I do it. But I'm also the belief that, like, as long as you're doing quality, people are going to come.
Speaker 6: And see yeah, and stay consistent.
Speaker 5: It feels like a comedy Ted talk. He's a very in depth question.
Speaker 2: I just want to know, and I was I was performing a fmway.
Speaker 4: Paul. Oh, that was.
Speaker 5: One of those that was so big, Like, I don't think I even mentally dealt it with it until like two years after.
Speaker 4: I did it.
Speaker 2: Thirty five thousand people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something like that. I felt like I was in led Zeppelin. They had a police escort. We drove into the thing, you know, as good is. I was there for a week because I got a family up there, So I always go back in the summer. And you got a family up there, I have family relatives. No, No, I've lived.
Speaker 4: A lot of lives.
Speaker 5: It was a waitress early on in my career. We weren't a good place. Now, No, I was, And I was walking around town and people say, hey, man, you know, good luck on the show, you know, blah blah. So I kind of felt like the city was behind me, which was another thing to like have to like think about. So yeah, I went up there, and what I didn't realize is like they've so perfected the sound and the screens and everything. It was just like this giant comedy club and you always killing me. People kept going like, just make sure you take it all in when you're up there. Just make sure you know you take a moment for yourself. It's like, this is comedy. I can't do that. The second I take a moment with myself, I'm immediately bombing. So what I kept doing was during Bigger Laughs, was just looking out Okahoma plate where it said Fenway Park, and that was That's just it was mind blowing and uh yeah, and then we got to let us hang up in right field smoking cigars and we might my family. We used to always get tickets the blue seats up and right field, so it was kind of up there. It was really uh yeah, that was something. So that was that was a one time only because you want to do it again. It's like, no, no, I don't think there's any point to go back.
Speaker 4: Lotter request with tickets.
Speaker 5: Oh from people, Uh you know, it wasn't that bad. It wasn't that bad, you know. It was was nerve wracking though. Was my high school reunion also? Was there? No, they just decided to go to the show and that and it's just like that's just like a weird thing where like when I meet people from high school, like, you know, I had a really cool class, so like I'm still the person I was, and and so are they it's just I'm doing on this weird thing. So that was kind of I didn't block that out a little bit, hight to be like, you know, all those girls who were afraid to talk to you go back to being like, you know, little billy, redheaded kid in like ninth grade. So I had to like, Okay, I gotta block this shit out and do my job.
Speaker 4: You just stun on him a little bit.
Speaker 5: Nah, that my time to do that. I blew it and I just accepted. I took the loss and I kept moving forward. I don't do I don't go back. No, you married right, yeah, to a black woman.
Speaker 4: If I'm not mistaking, Yeah, how does that happen?
Speaker 5: How does that happen?
Speaker 2: How does that happen?
Speaker 4: Saying a white guy from.
Speaker 5: I watch, like, you know, I watched Different Strokes growing up, and I had a crush on Janet Jackson? How does that happen?
Speaker 4: You mean?
Speaker 5: First time I met her, I was with her dad, who was booking the Apollo. So I was doing showtime with the Apollo and she was standing out back.
Speaker 4: Oh she's black, black.
Speaker 5: So black people the Apollo, it was my wife is gorgeous. He's gorgeous. So that was one thing, but I didn't really I I came and was coming up the backstairs and someone was getting booed, and I just remember thinking like, why am I doing this? I didn't need to do this. This all started with like that Patrici shit where he was always, you know, fucking with you. So he was like, you have a good set, and he would just and then he started talking about talents room, talent Will's room around the corner, saying like, you know, there's a bunch of comics over there that ten times funnier than all you white guys, and dah da da da da, and you know, so it kind of felt like all right. He was like I just want a championship, and somebody saying no, there's some guys across the way that could kick your ask. They're not allowed in the league. So it's like, all right, I gotta go play him. So I started doing those rooms, and then that led and then I was thinking like, well, this's be great. I'll do the black rooms. I'll also do the white rooms, and then I can get that draw. That crowd that I heard on those Richard prior albums didn't happen, but I ended up doing the Apollo, and uh, that's where I met her. But I met her again on Tough Crowd. She was doing Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn and we kind of hit it off, and I remember I just kept asking around. She just kept being a jerk, and right as I was a typical woman, right the second I was like, you know, what, the hell with her? The hell with her? Ended up running into her and then all of a sudden she was like really nice and we were hanging out. Oh my god, this guy was cock blocking me so bad that night on such an epic level.
Speaker 2: Can't blame him, obviously.
Speaker 5: No, it's because no, if it'd be no, why what do you mean? I mean, because she's so beautiful, as you understand why he was kind of that's not why he was doing No, you don't have all the information music is this guy's advocating cock blocking. I was like, why did you get that chair advocating that shit? No, he was doing it because he was miserable in his own relationship. So like he saw me like and it was like, you know, it was like fireworks, like we just like, I mean, love it first night and yeah, like I've I've only met two people that had like a vibe like her in my life. And the first one was a dude. He was just so that wasn't no. He was like no, just walked in the room, you know, and you just knew the person was coming the room. She has that vibe, right, so uh.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you got to clear that him. That will be clear.
Speaker 6: But you didn't date the guy nothing. No, I'm just one of the black people.
Speaker 5: Let go this homophobia. You always got a check like what are you doing? Manicured eyebrows, Like I'm gonna sit here and act like you're all good over there, like you don't have to swing a leg over the fence every once in a while. You got fucking sandals on and white socks. He looked like you just came from a steam room. Yeah No, I just mean like like I I always paid attention to energy because my energy was terrible. I was like all introverted and blah blah blah blah. So I was fascinated with people that were just free.
Speaker 4: So that's what I meant.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're gonna go back to sucking dick for a show again. Guy's a one trick pony over here.
Speaker 4: So we go.
Speaker 5: We go to like hang out right. No, So we're like vibing and everything, and I literally had to say to the dude, he was like a chick. I'd be like, hey man, sorry, I'm not paying attention together. That's how they fuck, he was. I was just like, you know, I'm hitting it off for there. Man, I think it's just going all right. Right, So the end of the night comes, the end of the stand up show, and he just comes walking over. He goes, he so you go, you guys want to go get something to eat, right, and he invites her and everybody. Now I'm at this fucking table and there was like, you know, ten other people there, and he's all the way down the end and he's still like yelling down shit, trying to interrupt any of my talking to her. I mean so long ago. I just remember one point that check came and I didn't have any money, so I said, I'll put just give me the cash, I'll put it on my card. He's like, oh, he's just trying to get the miles like that's like that's how he was doing it, right, Hey, So everybody goes to leave and now it's just oh no, no, no. It was the middle of the dinner, right or whatever the fuck we were doing the cock block dinner right, And I finally just look at her. I just give up, right because he won't shut the fuck up. And I finally just looked at her and I go, can I at least split a cab with you home? So she does that female thing, why do you want to split a cab with me? And I just said fuck it all right. I was just thinking, I go because I want to kiss you, right, okay, right? So she put her head down and smiled, and I was like, I got her. Fuck this guy, so I let him do all his bullshit. Everybody leaves except for him, me and who's going to become my future wife? And he literally goes. He goes, he goes, where do you live? Do you live uptown? And she goes, yeah, I live a time go I live it too. He goes, you want to split a cab? He's trying to leave with her, and she goes, no, I'm taking a ride home. I'm riding home with Bill. He's going like, oh no, but he was so in his ship, he was so in his ship, like he didn't She said, I'm not going to say his name she went so, and so I'm splitting a cab with Bill and I didn't have to I didn't have to say ship. I just stood there and then he he left and it was funny. I don't talk to him for four days and he calls me up. He's like, Hey, what's going on? Like nothing, what's up? He's like, uh so, like what You're not gonna you didn't call me because you thought it was cock blocking you there other night And I'm like you were He goes, no, I wasn't. I'm like, why did you bring it up? That was the end of that friendship? And you know, I just don't have time. I don't have time for that, you know what I mean. And plus it was also kind of teetering anyways, you know it.
Speaker 4: Was obvious too. It's like, yeah, your.
Speaker 6: You're a woman failed to w NBA joke is one of the greatest social commentary though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you. I mean, I'm just I'm saying, yes, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: How did you get How did you get that?
Speaker 5: I was watching ESPN and they were blaming. They were talking about like female sports not getting money and stuff like that and all of that, and like he's just being in entertainment. It's like you have to put assets in the seats and that's what brings the money in. So there was a point where, you know, professional football wasn't doing as well as college football, and these guys just kept working in and working it till it became like what it was. And you know, there's more women than there are men, So like, this is not on us that women's sports at the very least aren't being supported. So they're not being supported because you guys aren't showing up. So that was the seed of the bit. And I always forget my material. I forget how you.
Speaker 6: Pointed to what actually is successful that women's support.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah yeah Reality TV, yeah, which is a bunch of women yelling at each other, yeah and fighting, yeah yeah, throwing juice and drinks and water. Yeah, my wife likes those shows.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the Texas? The former Texans?
Speaker 6: Funny that place for the Steelers now Cameron Johnson and they when the headlines says steal a sign Bilberg look alike?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I see that.
Speaker 4: That's scary.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I concur that guy does definitely look like me. Would have been cool if he was a quarterback.
Speaker 4: But that shows how how popular you are.
Speaker 5: Correct, Oh yeah, I guess so. I don't think any of that ship really.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, that's the end of you, and that's the end of you. You start walking around these I don't know. I actually I kind of appreciate people that feel that way about themselves. And also I don't understand it, but I mean, when you're standing that those people do that with their shirt blowing in front of a fan, in front of their own audience, that ship is hilarious to me.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can go that far. But when you think about your home, you.
Speaker 5: Got the sandals on. I could see he's doing that, blowing your hoodie around. I'm just gonna do it to you before you do it to me. How many times you wash that sweatshirt by the way that it looks like a white guy sweatshirt. Threw it in with the towels. Okay, oh it's tied that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, when you think about your humble beginning, then you think about Finway Park, you got to take that in a little bit.
Speaker 4: Like I came a long.
Speaker 5: Way at least I did. I did, but like I get, I'm too afraid to That's basically what it is. I'm too afraid to look at what I'm doing in situations like that because I need to perform. So if I get all into the you know, start thinking of the magnitude or something. I just literally saw Kevin Hart's picture on the door man. It's one of my favorite people in the business.
Speaker 6: Kevin bought he used to buy his chairs. So that's why we have him sitting in that chair because he bought for the old stue.
Speaker 4: He bought all the chairs.
Speaker 5: It's one of my favorite people. All I do, our whole relationship is just giving each other shit. I don't think if I had actual conversation anyway, Yeah I don't. I don't think of stuff like that. So I I I minimize, minimize, minimized, minimize. So because I had horrible anxiety when I started out, Yeah, so I had to figure out how to get The only way I could figure out how to get it past it was to look at the stuff that I was doing and act like it wasn't a big deal, just a job. They come in here, they get sitters and pay you know money to come here. I come here, I make them laugh, they leave. Hopefully they come back and I just sort of reduce it to that and then I don't know. Then I come on a show like this and you start bringing stuff up, and that's when I think. That's when I first start thinking about it. Look, mat, I'm getting uncomfortable now, ready to go right, just thinking talking about that ship. That all comes back also comes back to like just like, uh, I don't know this weird like low self esteem and then also like not accepting compliments. I haven't figured that part of me out past synd Oh my god, first time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I always like that's the thought that every time I get off stage, My thought is that I make him laugh enough that they're gonna come back. And I club Soda Kenny, I like, he like reassures me. Clubs club Soda Kenny is my club sort of Candy Kenny Kenny Kenny. You know, I'm suspicious.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm just doing it back to you. Uh club Soda Kenny legendary, UH former police officer, tour manager and UH security guy. This he's like, I made it. I made a short film with him. I gotta, I gotta put it up on your your website. So he's the guy when I got upstage, he's you know, works with Dice, He's worked with everybody, and uh so he knows. And he's also you know, he's a cop Jersey guy. You know, he talks like like straight shooter. He's not gonna be like, no, I was a good one. I always good to blah blah blah. And then you know, if I get the pat on the back, I know I I had a good one. So yeah, that that is my I don't walk off stage, you know, Oh god, I'm not going to use that reference to start some shit. I don't walk off stage thinking I'm the ship. I walk off stage thinking I hope that was good enough that they come back.
Speaker 8: So that was crazy because I'm literally still starstruck. Just remember when I just walked past the room and I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: Shit, Bilbert's Bilberg? How you doing?
Speaker 8: And he was just looking like he was like not at all, like oh yeah, you know, I am that guy.
Speaker 5: You know. It was just really cool.
Speaker 8: And the first time you made me laugh was Racial Drafts the Dave Chappelle when it came out, but I watched it because I was a big fan of Chappelle show and then everyo.
Speaker 5: That was one of the coolest things the first really cool thing that I ever got on where it was like I got this experience like Beatlemania, and I only did Like most of us is probably like, who the hell were you on that? First of all, I had hair, and I only did like, you know, four or five. Yeah, So I remember, Uh, I was at this thing Bonnaroot. You guys ever heard of bon Oh?
Speaker 4: You have? All? Right?
Speaker 5: Okay? So Bonnaroo is like this sort of uh you know, this this music festival in Nashville. It was one of the early years of it. It was a lot of jam bands. It was some really like earthy, smelly white people, sort of out in the field type of thing. Not not a city kid vibe. So it was pretty white, not country white, but damn close. And the lights went down and I was seeing like this this band, what the hell are they called practice? Like brain was on drums burning well sort of this offshoot band, and the lights went down. It was like ten thousand people in this tent and the lights went down and they were waiting for the band, and I just heard this dude, just go what And then somebody else on the other side yell yeah, And then somebody else yelled okay. Dude, we got like goosebumps, and it was like it was like right when it was I think it was right after Rick James sketch had already like blown up and I saw like how big this show was on. I couldn't believe it. And there was like comedians were telling me, going, dude, that show you're on is fucking blowing up. I just did a college gig and like say, it came on at like ten o'clock or something like that on Comedy Central, and this show was at nine point thirty, like they would be doing a show trying to do an hour at ten o'clock, like five or ten. Half the crowd would just get up and leave, and he'd be like, you know, thinking, what did I say, Well, well, we're gonna go watch the Chappelle Show. I don't know if anything gets that big again with not all of those media, but it was like and everybody brings up, you know, the Rick James one and all of that. I will tell you this, the lawn Order sketch that I was in the first cut of that, and I think Comedy Central thought was too dark. Oh my god. It was like it was like a fucking oscar winning movie because it was hilarious. And then it was like when the White Dude was in prison in the end, the way they did it and they cut to Dave laughing on the golf course, it wasn't funny. It was like, this is what you fuckers do to us. It was it was like wow, something Commy sens was like, oh, you know, we uh thinking there's a different ending. Bring it a little bit. But there was a That was another thing too. I remember they used to edit it right up the street from where I was living, and I remember Neil Brennan going to going, you gotta you gotta come see this ship. And I got to see them the Rick James sketch before anybody else, and I remember laughing my ass off and they just became a point I stopped laughing and I was just like, this is like I've never seen anything like this in my life. Yes, that was probably the first kind of still like the one of the coolest things. I got to be on him at Charlie Murphy Rest his soul.
Speaker 4: He's upd into we got him up there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Oh man, the stories that went with that guy. Yeah, he had, Oh my god, his stories. He had endless. She told this story at one time, and it was all stuff from the eighties. It would be so like yo yo, I was at this party, was me, Sugar Ray Leonard, and Punky Brewster, right like what party is this? It was just all these like eighties icons. Right then he was talking about sugar Ey Leonard being drunk, talking about how he how quickly he could throw punches at your ribs and not hit you. And and he said that these white guys were letting him do it. He was drunk and he kept hitting him and they would like fold in half, and he was crying, laughing telling her, and I was going, why the fuck would they do? I don't know. That's the nicer one I can tell. So that the funny thing.
Speaker 4: About your pail.
Speaker 6: When you look at your pel and now you rewatch it, you'll see you. You'll see Joe Rogan, You'll see Neil Brandy, You'll see all of these people who have gone on to be you know, icon of the known.
Speaker 5: Right now, Yeah, Dave gave me one of the u one of the greatest pep talks I ever got, I ever got. Like it's funny because I'm older than Dave, but Dave started so young. I always look at him like an older brother, right, and uh, I was doing some shit at the cellar, you know, and I got off stage and he was sitting on the stairs. Fortunately I didn't know he was there. I would have, at that point in my career would have been like intimidated somebody that big watching me. And I remember him telling me, he's like, man, your point of view was so dope, man, and he goes, it's gonna but it's gonna take you a lot longer to get there, but when you do, you're gonna hit hard. And I, dude, I fucking held on to that for like seven years on the road going Dave think some funny, Dave thinks so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was right, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, Bill fucking berg Man, all right, joining us.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you for having you. Guys. Were nice. Everybody got me all purposes like you guys, let's not go? Why let's not go? Why you know why?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Yes, be honest with you. I listened. I listened to one clip and I shut it off after eight seconds.
Speaker 4: You what clip was it?
Speaker 5: Somebody said something like, well, you know, sometimes, uh, sometimes whatever the hell? He was talking about and I just hear you go, why would you do that? I'm like, oh, ship, is it gonna be this?
Speaker 6: Larry King always says the best question to ask is why, Because people say that, and I really do be curious.
Speaker 5: I'm like, well why why is always the best question? That's a better Yeah, it's a better why. Your why wasn't That wasn't the read go It was like the subtext was why the fun would you do that? No? It is, but I had a good time. Hey, it's my insecurity. I hope you have me back.
Speaker 6: You know that there's a lot of people I know that that hold you in very, very high. The young comedians, older comedians like Pete Davison always talks about you all the time.
Speaker 5: Ricky Gervai like, oh, yeah, Pete. I remember. Pete was another guy. He had that vibe. He was just memorable. I met him. He was like like like twelve thirteen years old, already as tall as me, and I remember years later he started doing Stalley. Four years later, he goes, I don't know if you remember. I just I remember I said, Atlantic City. You were standing there with your mom, So all right, how many times we're going to wrap this up. That's I think it's that's all right. Thank you so much. I really appreciate what is all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, wake that answer up in the morning.
Speaker 4: Breakfast Club