Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. I am Ryan Warmley Joy today by just Pat Fitz. Morris Scott Bogman is off enjoying Opening Day. I am dressing for Opening Day. When we first hopped on the call, Fitz was like, Yo, what the hell, man, where's your Orioles gear? And I'm like, I'm up in Fantasy Pros gear. Okay, this is a Fantasy Pros baseball jersey. There's nothing you know that combines Opening Day with the fact that we're on a football show right now. I'm surprised you're not wearing more baseball stuff fits.
Speaker 2: I really should be wearing my Brewers hat worm, you know, and like the Brewers. Maybe I don't have World Series aspirations this year like you do. But it's opening game, man, Hope springs Eternal.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was funny.
Speaker 1: The other day Fitz asked me who was starting Opening Day for the Orioles, and I almost didn't have the heart to remind him that it was the Brewers former ace Corvin Burns. The good thing for you is that Fantasy Pros's colors are essentially the Brewers colors, so you're kind of wearing a Brewer's hat. Anyway, That's enough baseball talk though for the for the folks who don't care about that sport and are here for.
Speaker 3: Some dynasty chat.
Speaker 1: Like I said, no Bogman Today will be back again next week though, so just missing the one show, so you just are stuck with myself and fits for today. We are talking about first round values today, kind of asking the question, what can you trade your rookie first round picks four or vice versa in your dynasty leagues? As of right now, we're still, you know, obviously a few weeks away from the draft, so some of this stuff is still kind of subject to change here and there, but we figured it's a good time to kind of step back and get a snapshot of what these picks are actually being valued at in real leagues right now, just to let everybody know. All of our early twenty twenty four consensus rankings and tiers can be found at fantasypros dot com slash rankings. You can also navigate from there to our staff dynasty rankings on the site as well. Also, we compiled a bunch of mailbag questions that were sent to us on Twitter or x what ever. We're supposed to call it now, so we're gonna be doing that for the second half of the show.
Speaker 3: First half we'll be talking first round pick values.
Speaker 1: Second half we will be answering some mail bag questions, So thank you everybody for sending those in.
Speaker 3: Fitz. Let's jump right in.
Speaker 1: We will start at the very top, and the way we're gonna do this is we're going to look at these not each individual pick, but we're gonna look at them as in tiers. So we kind of talked and broke it into four tiers of the first round, and tier one I think to both of us is pretty obvious. The one oh one Caleb Williams and by the way, I should say this.
Speaker 3: Is super flex is what we're assuming.
Speaker 1: One oh one Caleb Williams and one O two Marvin Harrison Junior. We think those are the clear tier one. So how are you approaching either trading away or for those two players or really those two picks, but we're kind of referring to them as the two players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I think it's a clear cut tier with those two players. I know some people like Maleik Neighbors as much as or more than Marvin Harrison Junior, which is cool, and in one QB dynasty leagues, I think it is kind of a two man tier also with those two wide receivers at the top. But boy, I mean, I think worm, you are going to have to pay through the nose if if you want to acquire one of these picks, And I can't imagine they're going to be a lot of deals involving one on one and one oh two in the run up to rookie drafts just because of the price. In what an extraordinary year this is as as far as top end talent. And maybe some people aren't all in on Caleb Williams or Marvin Harrison, but I don't know. I kind of think they should be, so I guess one way to justify it is if you're doing a complete teardown, you're willing to deal some still productive veterans and probably multiple productive veterans for that cornerstone piece to start your rebuild, you know, or maybe you are on the cusp of a championship and you think that window is open and you think that multiple productive veterans would do you more good than either Caleb or Marvin Harrison could do for you. In twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny because last year I was actually in one of those positions where I had the one oh one in our work dynasty league, and I was very clearly in rebuild mode and the one on one last year was very obviously bijon, and so I said, listen, he's a running back. I'm not going to be contending the next two years. Let me get a huge hall for him, which I did from our friend Mike Mayer. This year is different because you're looking at a quarterback and a wide receiver, not a running back. So these are foundational pieces that even if you are in rebuild mode, they should still be good for you for a decade plus. So it's a little bit different than it was, you know, for me last year as well. Are there I mean, I mean looking at Caleb specifically too, like in startup drafts in super flex leagues, I think he's very likely a first round pick. He's you know, if you were looking to trade in a super flex dynasty league, like you know, Justin.
Speaker 3: Herbert or c. J. Stroud or Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: One of these like not like top of the Tier one quarterbacks, but like next one's down and that kind of feels like where you and others are.
Speaker 3: Ranking Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: You're looking at like three first round picks or something like that at middlem like just to start the conference. So if we're saying Caleb is in that that sort of region already in terms of value, then that kind of feels like where the conversation at least gets started, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the Borough comparison is pretty apt, Like I think the value is maybe pretty similar with those two Burrow obviously older but more proven. I'd rather have Caleb than Justin Herbert right now in a drive, just because of the way it seems like things are headed with the Chargers. With Greg Roman running the offense, which you should know all about Worm as a Ravens fan, They're not going to be pass heavy surprise, surprise. I'll just you know. I've read the script on the twenty twenty four season and I can tell you that the Ravens will be one of the ten heaviest running teams in the NFL. So there's that I don't know. Let's say you were holding one on one Worm and I was holding one oh six. If I offered you one O six two O six, and three oh six for one oh one? Would you take it?
Speaker 3: No? I would say no, not pretty pretty quickly. Yeah, like not, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean that's that's kind of how it is. Like I think for one o one like CD Lamb and a pick to get into one of those spots, or maybe I don't know, maybe some people would take CD Lamb for one o two straight up. I don't know if you could get one oh one for CD Lamb straight up, you might need to throw something in, you know, like one o two. Maybe I'm on Ross Saint Brown and a throw in.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, are you are you hit to get something?
Speaker 1: Because in our dynastyleague, I have CD Lamb and you have the one oh one. Are you trying to work a deal here right now?
Speaker 2: Like my heart is pretty set on Caleb and I need the quarterback and I.
Speaker 1: Do as well, so I can I can relate to that. Let's let's look at our Dynasty trade value chart. This is a monthly chart that we update every you know, single month on the side of Fantasy Pros. So this is as the March update, which we did update in mid March after free agency, so it's a little more recently updated, then it.
Speaker 3: Would usually be at the end of the month.
Speaker 1: Again, you can find this on fantasypros dot com the Dynasty Trade Value chart. You can google that as well to find it. And so I want to put it to the test. I'm going to give you a guy. I'm gonna give you the value of the pick, and then a player or two that is equivalent value to that in the trade value chart, and see what you would decide to do.
Speaker 3: The one oh one is valued in.
Speaker 1: Our calculations are the way we number it at ninety four. That's equal to both Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. Actually, now it sounded like you said you would rather have the one oh one than Herbert.
Speaker 3: I know you're a huge Borough fan. What would you do between those two?
Speaker 2: Oh Man, that one is really tough. I would I think I would take one oh one over Burrow really close. I think I'd rather have, you know, and it maybe depends if I thought the championship window was open. I guess I'd prefer Burrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think that's reasonable.
Speaker 1: I think Caleb Williams is so intoxicating it's it's but obviously we've seen what Joe Burrow can do. I think I would probably lean Caleb as well, but I think it's I think it's right that they are evenly ranked in our in terms of value here.
Speaker 3: I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: You are undaunted by Caleb Williams. Hello, kitty phone.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I saw somebody say this on Twitter the other day, and I think it's really apt that Caleb Williams isn't like that weird or anything off the field. He's just the first gen Z quarterback and most football watchers don't know what that's gonna mean. But like, he's the first guy of that generation who is now in a very prominent, you know, starring quarterback position, and I think, like there, we're just going to see more and more of those That generation is I'm not even judging that, but they're their own thing, and I think that's going to.
Speaker 3: Be more and more prevalent moving forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be fun to see how that works out in Chicago, the city big shoulders, the city that works. You know, if if it's gonna fly with pink phones and Rick Flair.
Speaker 3: But if he's.
Speaker 1: Going to be the best quarterback in Franche, which I think you very likely will be, then they'll be very happy with that, and look best, I think you're right anything else.
Speaker 3: The one oh two.
Speaker 1: So you know, again we're assuming Marvin Harrison Junior here, but that pick in a vacuum is worth seventy seven on our Dynasty trade value chart. That's equivalent to Amanra Saint Brown or Kyler Murray. What do you think about those two versus the one oh two?
Speaker 2: Boy, interesting to have Kyler Murray here, since if this pick is going to be Marvin Harrison Junior, that could be Marvin Harrison Junior's quarterback in year one. Quite possibly, Boy, I would I think I'm taking Marvin Harrison Junior worm. You and I are both big ten guys. I mean, we have been watching this guy for a couple of years. Like, is there any doubt in your mind that this guy is going to be a super duper star at the NFL level?
Speaker 1: Zero zero doubt he is, Like, without hesitation, I am putting him as a top four wide receiver in Dynasty right now. I think Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, and Ceedee Lamb are the only three that I would take over Harrison because I think a year from now, it's very very likely unless he unless like for some reason, the Patriots do end up taking him and not solving quarterback. I could see it feeling like, well, maybe his value looks a little worse a year from now because he was in a terrible situation. That is the only outcome in which I think he is not a clear top five wide receiver after his rookie year in dynasty leagues. I just think it's I just think there's I hate putting the label can't miss on a prospect, but if you were ever going to it's Marvin Harrison junior.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm totally with you, and like I would not be surprised at all if he were a top ten wide receiver in redraft.
Speaker 3: You're ranking him as such.
Speaker 1: We did a show with ericson earlier in the week and we went through our top thirty six picks, and you had him what like seventeenth in your early rankings, I mean overall not a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like eleventh or twelfth. I think, yeah, I've got him way up there. I've got him. Maybe it's just outside wide receiver one range, but he is like right at the back end of wide receiver one range for me.
Speaker 1: We already mentioned that Dynasty trade value chart. I just want to remind everybody to maximize your dynasty league's success with Fantasy Pros as Dynasty trade value chart. At fantasypros dot com slash trades, our analysts provide you with the latest updates to keep you ahead all off season. Whether you need single quarterback or super flex values for players or rookie draft picks, we've got you taken care of. Check it out now at fantasypros dot com slash trades that make your next trade your best trade. Let's wit to Tier two here and you and I decided that this was the one of three, the one oh four, and the one oh five I think likely to be some combination of Jade Daniels, Drake May, and Elik Neighbors. That's how we're looking at it. Unlike Tier one, I think these names could go in pretty much any order, depending on personal preference, depending on landing spot, depending on team need. So a little less set on what each pick is. But in this tier of really really good prospects that you'd be very happy to add to your team. So how are you approaching trading again away or four players in this tier?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you are looking to maybe deal these picks, if you're open for business holding one O three, one oh four, one oh five, maybe it's because you're like our own Thorne Eystrom college football and NFL draft analyst who likes JJ McCarthy more than Drake may or Jayden Daniels, and you're willing to go down to one oh seven or one o eight where you think you could get McCarthy, or you're perfectly happy getting Romo Dunes and think he's every bit as good as Malik Neighbors is. I could see maybe trading down a little bit and picking up something extra in the deal, like a solid veteran. Maybe you could move from one oh four to one oh seven and get someone to throw in Tony Pollard or something like that. The other reason kind of the same thing as I mentioned with the Tier one guys, that if you felt your championship window was open and you'd be better served by getting a couple of productive veterans rather than having this pick, that might be a reason to trade the pick away. And yeah, since we are talking about quarterbacks who are gonna have top five draft capital, you're incentive to move into one of these spots, is that you know you have a foundational piece for a rebuild or a retool.
Speaker 1: So if Tier one is I need the trade offer to be essentially a Godfather offer, you can't refuse. It's just too much to possibly say no to. Let's call that a ten out of ten. What out of ten would you need as a kind of offer for this range? Are you more like, I will move these guys, but it's got to be worth my while, or are you more like, I'm pretty sure I'm not moving these guys unless I get also a Godfather close to that offer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, maybe not a Guido Corleone offer, but maybe a Sunny Corleone offer for this Like, it's still got to be something substantial, because this is a draft we've been excited about for a while. And the reason is because of the top end talent, because of potential French quarterbacks, because Malik Neighbors is also a potential superstar wide receiver. You're gonna have to come strong, I think to get one of these picks.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't keep referencing The Godfather.
Speaker 1: I've only seen the first and I watched it like on an airplane, like on my computer in a terrible setting. So I'm not like the Godfather expert here.
Speaker 2: Fix that. Fix that. N see Godfather Too, which is every bit as good as Godfather Won.
Speaker 3: I have definitely heard that.
Speaker 1: I'm aware that Godfather Too is like greatest sequel ever made. It's amazing, like, and that three is supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Not very good. They're just they're very long. They're long movies.
Speaker 1: And it's not that they're bad, but they're long, so it's hard to find the time to sit down and sa, I'm gonna actually watch these. Let's look at the Dynasty trade value chart here. The one of three is valued at a seventy four in our trade value chart. That's equal to Brock Purty or Dak Prescott. What do you think about either of those guys for the one of three.
Speaker 2: There's no way I'm taking Brock Party for the one O three, and I think we should probably, I think we need to manually adjust that rank. Like, I like Perty is interesting, and like I think he's got a bright short term future as the forty nine ers quarterback. But I don't know, I just I don't think he's close to being worthy of this. Dek is interesting. I'd rather one O three than Dak two and and Dek is good, but he's at the height of his powers, and we don't know how much longer uh Dek is going to be at his peak. So I I'd rather have one O three than either of those guys. I mean, like other trying to think of guys who would be more in the ballpark, Like I think it's more like bres Hall, Jamior Gibbs, Bijeon, like the top of the running back group, So Garrett, Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 1: So Bjeon again in our values, all right, there's room for interpretation here. But if with the one of three is a seventy four, Bijeon is a seventy five and Brize Hall is a seventy three, so they're on either side of where we're valuing the one of three.
Speaker 3: So you're spot on.
Speaker 2: With those, Yeah, yeah, And I mean, like that's that's an offer i'd maybe consider if I have the one three, like getting one of the best running backs in Dynasty, sure.
Speaker 1: To give a sense of where Perdy and Prescott are. By the way, you know, we gave you the numerical value.
Speaker 3: That's QB fourteen and QB fifteen on our trade value chart there, so there are thirteen guys that are valued more highly than them. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the situation for Perdy is just so sublime that it's like, I get why there's excitement about you know, if you have money roster trying to win now, he will probably accrue a good stat line again next season. Let me ask you quickly, is your answer different in terms of that one h three question if I'm telling you it's specifically Jane Daniels versus specifically Drake May because I know I think you are you are with me on being higher on May, right.
Speaker 2: I am higher on May. But Daniels is like, maybe that's a mistake because Daniels has that rushing potential. I'm just a little worried about the long term business model for a quarterback that thin who was sometimes not always protected himself very well from taking like killer shots from defenders. That's kind of my concern about Daniels, Like physically will he hold up as this kind of taller, lankier guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then the one oh four is valued at seventy one. That's equal to Jumior Gibbs, another top running back in the Dynasty of Trade value chart.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: That's pretty close. I think that one is pretty fair. What would you think would you rather one oh four or Puka Nikua?
Speaker 3: I think I'd rather have the one oh four.
Speaker 1: Because a just the value quarterbacks in a superflex is like really can't be overstated. So if you think one of may Or Daniels is good, especially if it's if it's May, I'm definitely taking May because I'm a big fan. But if a quarterback hits, they're just going to be more valuable than even a top eight receiver in Dynasty. And I also think Malak Neighbors has every opportunity if he gets in the right lie any spot, to pass Puka in the rankings. Not guarantee Pookah's awesome. It's not a knock on Puka, but it's a possibility he does. Plus you're also telling me maybe I get a Drake May there too. I think I'd rather have Puoka than maybe a Jane Daniels because I'm with you. I'm just so concerned about frankly, just durability and like the recklessness with which he plays. But if but if you're talking may Or neighbors. I think I'd rather have.
Speaker 3: Them than Puka.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: The last one here in this tier one oh five is a bit of a drop down. Sixty four is the value we have on the on the value chart, that's equivalent to Jonathan Taylor, AJ Brown, Chris A.
Speaker 3: Lave.
Speaker 1: Any of those names stand out as ones that you would like to trade for one oh five or vice versa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I love Jonathan Taylor, really high on AJ Brown and Chris Olave too, But like, I think I'd rather have Malik neighbors than than any of these guys. I mean close call with AJ Brown and O Lave, you know, because those guys have demonstrated it at some point. I still think a lot is terrific, even though it seems like maybe his value has dropped off just a smidge after the end of last year. But those are in the ballpark. I mean, Devon H. Chan Is, he like, I don't know, I guess I'd still rather neighbors than a.
Speaker 1: Chan Ah chan Is, I'm trying to find he's a couple spots down from Taylor. He's like Taylor's sixty four, A Chan's down at like fifty seven. So it's RB four versus RB seven on the chart, so in that range, but a bit of a step down. By now, most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager.
Speaker 3: But the question is have you tried it?
Speaker 1: It's time to go see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts, are rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much much more. Think it sounds complicated, it's not. The best thing about Reality Sports online Fantasy front office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league. It just requires more strategy. Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is the platform to test your metal.
Speaker 3: Still not sure?
Speaker 1: You can test out your general manager skills for free in a mock free agency auction if you like what you see, used a promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. That's promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today, Fantasy just got real at reality sportsonline dot com. Let's go to tier three here and you got you and I have identified this as one O six, one oh seven, one oh eight. Again kind of the three names we're assuming go here in some order similar to the last year. I think this could really be any order, depending on team need. Brock Bauers tight end, romadun Za wide receiver, quarterback JJ McCarthy. So same question I've asked for the other tiers. How are you approaching trading within this tier?
Speaker 2: Well, these mid round picks, mid first round picks are so much more valuable this year than they were last year. I mean, we've got Jji McCarthy might be a top five pick. Uh, Rock Bauers maybe the best tight end prospect ever, at least from a fantasy perspective. Roma Duneesa, a guy who easily could be the wide receiver one in a lot of other classes. And and last year we were talking about the guys in this range being like Quentin Johnston's z A. Flowers, Jordan Addison. Not that Addison and Flowers aren't very promising pieces. They are, but boy, I mean like it just seems like those guys are a lot less valuable. You can get a potential cornerstone dynasty piece in this round. So you know, it's if you want one of these picks, you're you're gonna have to come in with a strong offer. I don't know how to extend the Godfather analogy here any worm, but yeah, it's gonna be it would anyway. It's gonna have to be a good one. And if you're willing to deal one of these picks, make sure you're getting enough.
Speaker 1: And I will say I like the Flowers and Adison obviously not Quentin Johnston, who was going close to this range, and you know last year he's lost.
Speaker 3: A lot of value.
Speaker 1: But knowse Flowers is like one value lower than what we have the one oh seven at Jordan Addison is like three lower. JSN is one higher. So they're they're close to that ranges. We've seen it now with them, and there's an element of you know, maybe we're even undervaluing Bowers and Odoonze because they're being pushed down by this elite top of the class. But these are guys that in most rookie drafts would be going, you know more in that three to five range than they would be the six to eight range.
Speaker 3: I would imagine.
Speaker 1: It's it's not you know, last year, if I had a pick in this range, I was pretty happy to say I think the twenty twenty four class is really good. Let me see if I could package this this pick and get or let me see if I get this pick and have somebody packaged like a twenty twenty four first plus something else smaller moving to next year's class. I'm not doing that this year because the value is just so much stronger here. I'm with you on I mean, Bowers is so fun, A Duneza is so fun, JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 3: There are teams that really like.
Speaker 1: If JJ McCarthy goes to the Vikings and has that set up with that offensive head coach, I will be really excited about him in fantasy, even if I think he's a clear fourth in the class. And again I know Thorne e Istrom and Deebro disagree, and everybody should listen to that. On this feed, the NFL Draft Show, they talk about those guys all the time. But I mean, these are three potentially very exciting. I mean, if a Dunseeg gets paired with Caleb Williams in Chicago. If Rock Bowers goes to LA I don't think that'll happen. I think they're going offensive live. But I just mean, there's so many really enticing options here. Dynasty trade value chart. The one O six is at fifty eight. Is the value that's equivalent to Brandon Nyuk, a player I know you are a big fan of. So would you rather have Brandon Nyuk or the one O six this year?
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting. That's really close, man. I mean, I'm I'm youth centric. Bogman would probably take Brandon Ayuk. I think I'd take the pick, but it is really close. I mean, I think this is kind of like Drake London is maybe in this range, I mean Tyreek Hill for the win Now teams, maybe even like you could Jared Goff does that come in and about even like and Goff is a good piece in super flex leagues, and yet I think this is kind of the right spot for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, GoF is at Goff's at sixty one, so he is you know.
Speaker 2: Three value deemed deemed to be slightly more than this. I mean, what would you personally rather have Jared Goff or JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's such a question of like four versus ceiling. And I know Goff's I recognize gofs ceiling is maybe higher than he's given credit for, but it is so apparent to me that he needs really good players around him and a really good scheme around him. And I have to imagine at some point Ben Johnson will actually take another job and leave Detroit, and that worries me with Gough, but I'd like him as a player better than McCarthy right now. But again, if you're putting I mean, if McCarthy were to go to even a place like Washington, which has some pieces, but I don't trust Cliff Kingsbury. The pieces aren't at you know, Terry McLaurin is no justin Jefferson. I'm looking at him a lot differently. If you're telling me he's in Minnesota, that really changes for fantasy how I'm evaluating McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Sure, and we're going to know the landing spot, so that's gonna determine this, and maybe it even shakes up the tiers a little bit, like if he does land in Minnesota, maybe we're talking about McCarthy being more like a Tier two guy. Than a tier three guy.
Speaker 1: I think for me it comes down to if I'm rebuilding, I'm just always going to be the guy to take the swing and say, if I'm in rebuild mode, my only goal is to find like stud like center pieces to my roster, and I think, sure McCarthy's a better chance of being that over the next decade than GoF. But if I'm at all interested in making the playoffs this year, I'm probably just gonna stick with Goff, who I know is good and in a good situation and can be a really useful super flex quarterback for me. The one o seven, well, by the way, just quickly, because we don't have that much time. I'm thinking of McCarthy generally, I've been thinking my ahead of him as the one oh eight in a lot of leagues.
Speaker 3: Uh, do you think.
Speaker 1: He's more like one oh six, or maybe even a chance to moving to one oh five if he goes highly in the draft, or do you think he's still gonna be behind kind of the the Bowers and Odonsays of the world.
Speaker 2: I think landing Spottle matter for him for sure. Yeah, that's if it somehow works out that he lands with the Raiders. Or whatever. One O eight is probably the right spot. But if he goes to the Vikings, I think we're gonna have to move him up.
Speaker 1: I think if he goes to the Vikings, he's probably a tier up, even though I think he's a step down from those players. I think he will it will be one O three to one oh six and then Bowers and Oduonzay at the seven and eight. In most leagues, I would I would guess at the one oh seven is worth fifty three in our value points, that's equivalent to Sam Laporta. So this is a spot where if McCarthy does go earlier, it could be Bowers versus Laporta, or you could be looking at in Adunes versus Laporta.
Speaker 3: Here, what do you make of that one? The one O seven for Laporta?
Speaker 2: Man, I guess I'd have to go with Laporta. What he what he did as a rookie was so not to and he's going to be a cornerstone at the position for a long time, like a top three guy, and as good as Bauers is, like, are we ready to predict that he's going to instantly be as good or better than Sam Laporta? I don't know.
Speaker 1: If Sam Laporta didn't exist and Bowers did this year what Laporta had done last year, we would be talking about him as like one of the greatest Dynasty assets you could possibly have. And Laporta actually did it, and you know, obviously we would love to see Bauers do something similar. But like it was a historic season. It wasn't a really good rookie season. It was a historic rookie season. That's that's really hard to ignore. He's rightfully Dynasty tight end one right now in the value chart, and then the one o eight is down at forty seven value points. That's equivalent to Deebo Samuel or interestingly, Bryce Young. How would you value the one oh eight versus those guys.
Speaker 2: Man, I mean, I guess I'd prefer the one away to Bryce Young. I know Bryce Young was really just kneecapped by the lack of a supporting cast last year, the bad offensive line, the lack of pass catchers. But nonetheless, it was a pretty disappointing rookie year, and I think we'd I guess I'd rather go sight unseen with JJ McCarthy at one oh eight, even if he's playing for the New York Giants or someone like that. So yeah, I mean like Deebo is interesting. Deebo's kind of an older guy. He's had some injury things, so I think I'd rather have the pick than him. But I don't know as far as other possibilities, like maybe you know Jordan Addison is in this range, DK Metcalf, like those are guys I might consider fair value for one O.
Speaker 1: Eight if you've got any dynasty drafts on the horizon or want to see how the latest free agency moves affect fantasy football drafts. Our mock draft simulator tool is open at fantasypros dot com slash simulator. It's a fast and free way to practice for any kind of draft, including dynasty, startup drafts and rookie drafts. Again, that's a Fantasypros dot Com slash simulator. Last tier here fits tier four. I think it's very clear to most people who you know have been paying attention to dynasty and rookie draft specifically that there is a clear step down from the one O eight to the one oh nine. There are still really really fun, exciting, potentially very good landing spot wide receiver options. Maybe RB one if somebody gets in a really great spot that where you know, like Jonathan Brooks to the Cowboys or something like that, this is likely going to be just your pick of whatever.
Speaker 3: The next four receivers are are.
Speaker 1: Likely going to be nine, ten, eleven, and twelve In most first rounds, I would imagine, unless somebody is just absolutely desperate for a running back or something like that, how are you approaching this year? This would be where I would say, like I'd be very willing to maybe trade for a twenty twenty five first and say, hey, if you're trying to win, now get the guy you're early.
Speaker 3: I'll move it back.
Speaker 1: Even though I don't think that class is supposed to be as strong as this one, we're now in the range where there is value possibly to be gained by going ahead a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as of now, it looks like there is a precipitous drop off from that one oh six, one oh seven, one oh eight tier to the bottom third of the first round. And it seems I mean, the reason as of now that I would not really be interested in trading into this part of the draft, and the reason I wouldn't be asking for that much if I was going to trade down a little bit, like, I just don't see that big a difference between pick one oh nine, one ten and pick two oh two two oh three. So but then again, worm, like most rookie drafts take place after the NFL Draft, and maybe this winds up being the tier with the guys who won the landing spot lottery, like you said, if it's Jonathan Brooks going to the Cowboys, all of a sudden, he becomes a consensus like one ten, uh one oh nine something like that, So I could see that, but as of now, I'm just not gonna pay through the nose for these picks.
Speaker 1: It's basically gonna be like like Brian Thomas, I think right now is sort of the favorite for one oh nine, and let's say throw an RB one in there, and then it's going to be like, whichever wide receiver the Chiefs take is going to be in this range, and we just don't know who that is yet. And if a wide receiver goes early to like like if the Texans take a guy to pera Nico Collins, or if the Bills take somebody to be the successor just define Diggs like those I don't know which name those will be those will be the names that will be going in this round. It's hard for me to imagine at this stage in the draft process that a guy moves up based on, oh, we think he's.
Speaker 3: A better prospect.
Speaker 1: It's very very landing spot depending at this point, I would think it is.
Speaker 2: And you know, like I would recommend, especially if you hold one of these picks at the end of the first round, to go on the Draft Wizard, our Draft Wizard where you can do rookie drafts and do it with your exact league settings, and you're you'll be presented with the dilemmas you will be presented with if you have one of these ends of the draft picks. Like we were doing a mock the other week and Debro took Troy Franklin here and a lot of people kind of panned that pick. But I feel like you're almost set up for failure at one oh nine because, like everyone's gonna have their favorite flavors at wide receiver whatever. Some guys are gonna like Xavier Worthy, some are gonna like Lad McConkie or Keon Coleman. And you know, if if they don't share your opinion of who that next best wide receiver is after maybe Brian Thomas, like who wide receiver five is, because right now there is zero consensus on that.
Speaker 1: I think just last week on the mock Draft episode you myself and Bagman did I had the one O nine, which I hated, and I think I took worthy just to mix it up from what I had done previously and to be like, listen, he's got an elite, elite, elite trait and speed. I think he's gonna go to a possibly a good landing spot at the back end of the first round. I'll just take a chance here, but it And I think I said on the episode, I could have picked anybody. I could have said Brian Thomas, I could have said, I really like Ladden McConkie. I mean, I could have I like Troy Franklin. I see the case for Ady Mitchell. Like there's this Keon Coleman, I know you're a big fan of There's just so many names that I think, like there's such a good chance of seeing them in a really fun landing spot that I wouldn't put any stock in who people are picking at the one O nine right now because it's so likely maybe Brian Thomas has separated a little, but it's it's very.
Speaker 3: Likely to change.
Speaker 2: I think totally agree.
Speaker 3: Let's look at the trade value charts here.
Speaker 1: One O nine is equivalent to forty three, which is equal to Dalton Kincaid or Davante Adams. Now, obviously Adams is a clear case of like win now versus rebuilding in terms of getting the rookie. Kincaid's really interesting, as you know, he was kind of the tight end one coming out of last year's class you served by Sam Laporta, still a pretty exciting option in this Bill's offense. So what would you do Kincaid, Davante or the one O nine?
Speaker 2: I think, as of now, i'd rather have Kincaid, like I think he could join become maybe nearly as valuable as Sam Laporta, if not as valuable. And DeVante, like you said, worm, if you're contending now, really nice piece a dude who's still had eleven hundred plus yards with a let's call it suboptimal quarterback situation last year. Yeah, So like Davante is still really good, and like the adp on him is in redraft at least has kind of baffled me this year, Like I can't believe people are fading him to the extent they are, because still one of the best receivers in the league.
Speaker 1: The one ten is valued at thirty nine. That's equivalent to Tony Pollard changing teams running back everybody who's excited about last year now sharing a backfield with Spears.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: The one ten where you're probably not getting a better running back than Pollard again, unless we really love a landing spot here, but maybe a wide receiver that we like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd rather have the pick than Tony Pollard. If you wanted to offer me Jaden Reid for the pick, I would maybe entertain that.
Speaker 3: I wonder I'm going to pull up here what Jaden.
Speaker 1: Reid is at. He's at forty two. So Jane Reid, Yeah, right in that same range with this pick. So that's an interesting one. The one eleven valued at thirty six on our Dynaty trade value chart. That's equivalent to TJ. High Atkinson, Najie Harris, and Joe Mixon. I wanted to throw a couple different names here because we're getting into this range where you're probably a contender if you have this pick. So if you have a need at running back and want to just say Arthur Smith is going to run the ball a lot, so that helps Najie Harris. Maybe they get better quarterback play, more scoring opportunities. If you want to say, I don't think the injury is that bad, and you know you're getting a tight end and good offense in Hockinson. If you want to say Mixing's great landing spot in Houston, I think you can make the case for all of them. So one eleven versus any of these three, I.
Speaker 2: Would take the one eleven over any of these three. I was trying to come up with some sort of alternative I thought would be fair, especially like if you're a contender and wanted to deal this pick away, it might be the right price point to gamble on Steph Diggs, even though he from week ten on last year averaged like forty two point two yards a game and had one touchdown from week ten on, including two playoff games. But at this point, like I think I'd be willing to take the chance on him, add him rather than a rookie if I felt like this was my year to win the championship and just you know, put the pedal of the metal and go for it.
Speaker 1: He's in a really interesting spot on the trade value chart, not looking at the numbers, but in terms of just the order, and you know the rank of these guys. It goes thirty three Brian Thomas, thirty four Lad mccackey, thirty five Troy Franklin, and thirty.
Speaker 3: Six Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 1: So he is behind a handful of those rookies, or roughly equivalent to them, a handful of those rookies who will be going in this range, I would think. I think that's an interesting one. Lastly, one twelve he is valued at thirty three. That's equivalent to Christian Watson.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting man. And since I'm a Packers fan, like I might have a bias, but Watson hasn't done it yet, and he's had these chronic hamstring issues, so I'd rather have the pick as of now.
Speaker 1: I would tend to agree. I know that we had a couple of members on our staff who were very excited about Christian Watson going into last season. You know, you win some, you lose some. Obviously there's talent there, but I think given I think there's going to be more and more mouths to feed in that offense. I mean, obviously, so many young talented receivers there. He hasn't stayed healthy, He's flashed at times. Certainly, he's not a guy I would like be looking to sell, sell, sell, But I think I'd rather take a chance on one of these rookies again that I think will be in a really nice landing spot. Not that he's in a bad spot with Green Bay and Jordan Love, but that would be my strategy as well.
Speaker 3: Let's jump into the mail bag here, fits.
Speaker 1: We've got a handful of questions that will run through. We're not going to speed through these, but you know we're not gonna necessarily do a deep dive either, because I know we went a little long in the first round values. But we've got, like I said, a handful of questions here. Will jump in and appreciate again everybody who sent these questions in via Twitter. We appreciate the listeners and hopefully we can answer your questions to our best ability. Let's start with number one. In general, what is your strategy at running back in a startup that comes from Anthony B.
Speaker 2: Pay Down? Generally, I like to build a foundation at quarterback for sure in Superflex, but and wide receiver, like I always prioritize wide receiver over running back because performance is more predictable at the wide receiver position than at running back, and wide receivers tend to age better than running back, so that's why I want to go that route in dynasty. So I'm usually not building with the Bijon's, the Jumior Gibbs types in startups, and you know, like you obviously have to fill the position, but I'm trying to cut corners with guys like the Chase Browns who maybe have a lot of potential but haven't done it yet, or I'm just getting veterans I can put in as like spackle, guys who aren't valued because they're older but still the year or two production left and established roles with their teams.
Speaker 1: What I like to do is build up everything else, and then in that first rookie draft, that's where I'm going to say, I'm going to try and get those running backs. Now, having said that, that is a fairly popular strategy at this point to wait on running back, so I am willing to pivot if the rest of my league is doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: I am not considering a running back in round one at all, and I'm not considering a running back in round two at all. If I'm in a league.
Speaker 1: Where other people are devaluing running back and Bijon or Bryce Hall or Jamier Gibbs is there in like the middle of the third, that's what I'm like.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe I go hero RB and get one. I'm not taking two.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna heavily invest, that's for sure, But maybe I'm willing to say if one of these guys gets to me in round three, I would consider it because at that point, yeah, you're getting like the RB one in Dynasty. I'll happily do that when I've already got two other foundational pieces theoretically in rounds one and two. But that's more of a pivot against everybody else is kind of doing the same thing. If they're not all doing the same thing, then that I kind of would go along those lines.
Speaker 3: Of that strategy.
Speaker 2: Yes, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Next question here from George R. When approaching potential trade partner, should you assess your potential trade partner's roster needs? Also, do you engage in a dialogue with your partner or send blind trades and hope they get back.
Speaker 2: To you well on the assessing the other the potential trade partner's roster needs yes, yes, yes, like absolutely, like that's how things get done. If you just are making the deal based on like how you're trying to improve your team, silly. And that's why I think, like you know it and I know it where I'm like seventy five eighty percent of the trade offers you get in Dynasty or just complete trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the managers who like, look at my roster and like, hey, I noticed you are a little bit light at wide receiver and like put yourself in the other person chose. That's how you get things done, and say what do they need to improve their team? And like when you start putting together offers, like do some role playing, some method acting if you will. And you know when you put together that offer, if you were being honest with yourself and had the other person's roster, would they make this deal? And if you're confident the answer is yes, and the deal is good for you, I mean take it to them. And as far as like the dialogue, if you go through that, you shouldn't need a lot of dialogue because you know you have a fair offer, and there's not much room for negotiation, and just I like the non negotiable trades like that, where it's like, look, I put together a fair offer for you, take it or leave it. But you know, as far as the dialogue thing, it's always easier with friends. You're sitting in a bar somewhere watching a game together, it's easy to talk. And man, I've really been looking for another running back. My running backs can suck. Hey, well i've got you know this guy. I could throw you him for him, and a lot of deals get done that way. But for the most part, just come in with a fair offer, put yourself and the other person choose.
Speaker 1: One of these days, I want us to get a deal done in our dynasty on air during the taping of one of these shows that that will be a goal of mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I think I think equally as importantly as assessing your trade partners needs is assessing their strengths. Because I think it's very easy to be like, oh, they need you know, whatever position a wide receiver. Let me see if I can get a running back from them for one of my receivers. Well, they might also need running back help like I think I think it's easy to see like, oh, you have this need and kind of ignore the rest of the roster, So you should look at it in totality. And also I think that's where you can find value if you're going up, if you're looking at trade with somebody who has they just like are loaded at wide receiver. They have six guys that are ranked in our top twenty four. It's a position they valued, but you can't start them all. And if anything, it's maybe even too much depth. Well, you can get value because their team maybe on our maybe on a trade value chart it's not even, but it makes their team better to get a running back where they have a hole and give up maybe a wide receiver who's definitely worth more because you can actually start the running back. So I think it's I would expand upon just saying look at your potential trade partners roster needs, and say look at the totality of everything, and then I agree with you. There shouldn't need to be a lot of dialogue if it's a fair offer, And if it's if there's a lot of dialogue, either they're probably not really interested for whatever reason. Maybe they're just not a team that likes to make trades or whatever, or it's probably not a fair offer, I think, are you know if you really need to go.
Speaker 3: Back and forth too much like that?
Speaker 1: So I'm with you on that next question here, This comes from Kevin Coleman, actually from Football Guys Front of the Show. If you had to choose between Reshi, Rice, Jackson Smith and Jigba Za Flowers and George Pickens to be the better Dynasty asset at this time next year, who are you taking?
Speaker 3: And why? Again? That's Rice, JSN, Flowers and Pickens.
Speaker 2: Leave it to the great Kevin Coleman to stick me with such a tough question. Well, Kevin, if there's a hole in my game, it's probably that I tend to stick with my initial reads on players too long. And I mean I really did like Jackson Smith and Jigba's draft profile the most out of all these prospects. He just turned twenty two, and while it's not ideal that he's going to be competing with targets, for competing four targets with DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett, again, the fact that he's so young gives this kid a really long runway. And I think he'll eventually have less target competition. So I'll take JSN over Rashi, Rice, Say Flowers, and George Pickens.
Speaker 1: I think it's a fantastic question because it is. I like, in just reading the four it's like, oh, yeah, it's gotta be real.
Speaker 3: Well it should probably be. Actually I see the case. You know, it's like you're just so.
Speaker 1: Easy to go back and forth and be like, well you can kind of you know, Pickens, there's no target competition right now. Flowers, there's really none at the wide receiver room. Of course, there is a tight end. And you know he's he's got not the best quarterback in this group because obviously Rice has Mahomes, but he's got the second best quarterback in this group, Rashi.
Speaker 3: Rice is attached to Patrick Mahomes, but they are probably gonna, you know, get another receiver. So I'm talking in circles because you can make the case for all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quick quick point. Like Andrew Cooper, friend of the Shows, he posted something on Twitter about like how the Chiefs far and away led the NFL and like screens to wide receivers and tight ends last year that was out in necessity, they didn't have pass catchers who could really do business successfully downfield. Now they've got Marquise Brown and we know they're gonna draft someone else, so there's gonna be more target competition. A lot of those screens were going to Richie Rice. I think we're going to see less of that in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I would probably go either JSN, who I adored in last year's class, or Flowers. Because I'm ten, I'm gonna tend to lean with the rookie who I think can take that big year to leap and I think I saw a lot out of Flowers obviously has a Ravens fan. I watched a ton of them. That makes me think there is a level to be unlocked here. You know, set Lamar second year in Toddmunkins offense will be more comfortable. I think there'll be a better connection on the deep ball. So I'm really excited about Flowers next year. And Jays said if he can get the actual opportunity, which I think he will earn this season, I would be really surprised if he doesn't. I think those of the two that I think take the biggest steps forward, but Rice is probably starting from the best point.
Speaker 3: So it's a question.
Speaker 1: So it's not who takes the biggest sleep, but who will be the better dynasty ascid at this time next year. I kind of throwing my hands up and I'll say hisay flowers just to be a homer. But that's because I really, I really can't make a decision amongst them. I see the case for, frankly, all four of them. So thank you Kevin for the question. Next question here from Nathan J. Is there any justifiable reason to do rookie drafts before the NFL Draft? I see leagues that do this and just seems crazy and really adds more of a lottery feel to it. I guess that could be fun on draft day to see if you scratched off a surprise winner. I like the way he phrased that, you know, with the lottery metaphor there.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that one fits?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nathan frames it pretty well. I think some people like to do it because it really tests your prospect evaluation ability. And I think the best example is the case of Hakeem Butler back in what was like twenty nineteen. Man, I'm forgetting the year, but like a lot of people rated Queen Butler's the number one wide receiver in the class. He was big, he was fast, he had this great final season at Iowa State. But then Butler went into a complete free fall at the draft. Some people thought he was going to be like a first round pick, not a first round pick, not a Day two pick. Winds up going at the top of round four, and the people who had ranked Butler as their wide receiver one in that class got bailed out because they saw what the draft capital was and saw that the NFL didn't value him the way like Fantasy Twitter did. So if you hold your rookie draft before the NFL draft, misjudgments like that hurt you more. Sharp analysis hurts you more. But then again, he's right about the landing spot lottery. You might really like a guy and like, oh, it's a quarterback who goes to the Giants, or it's a wide receiver who goes to an already crowded wide receiver room. Ultimately, Nathan, I'm with you. I prefer the post NFL draft drafts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's it's like even this year, like a bon Nicks, you get him kind of later in the rookie draft and all of a sudden, all the Broncos are desperate, and now he's looks like this starting quarterback and Sean Payton offense. I think even last year to a much less year degree because everybody already liked him. But last year I was very happy to take like JSN over Jamiir Gibbs, for example, even though I really liked Gibbs, I think gives us a top twelve pick, and that draft capital means something and is a sign of what the team believes in, what the NFL thinks about a player, so that you know, made it easy for me to then kind of move gives up in my estimation, again much less degree than you know, the example of like a King Butler like that. I think it's I think it's a fun twist to kind of shake things up, but it's definitely always going to be safer after the NFL draft, right, I mean that's kind of the point. It's kind of like people who draft like August first versus like you wait to see what all the injuries happen later. It's like the more information you have, you know, the easier it is. So if you think you're really sharp and smarter than your league mates, then I would push you to go earlier. See, I can read the tea leaves better than you. I can evaluate prospects better than you. But that's it's more of a unique twist to it, not anything that I've seen happen too often.
Speaker 2: For the poker players out there. It's like betting pre flop versus betting on the river.
Speaker 1: I'm not much of a poker player, so I'm just gonna nod and say, yeah, yeah, totally, like as if I understood that I enjoy poker, but I'm just not good at it or know any of the terminology.
Speaker 3: Next question here from Rory B.
Speaker 1: With Puka being drafted late second, early third in some startups, has he become a cell high option? Stafford's health is always a question, and maybe Cup bouncing back could harm Pooka's output.
Speaker 2: Oh well, Rory, you know we are all drinking the Puka juice here at Fantasy Pro, so I mean I've got him as a late second rounder myself. I guess he didn't actually mention the biggest concern I have with Puka's it's it's not Stafford's health, It's it's Puka's health.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he missed a lot of time in college. He missed time with a broken foot, he missed with an ankle injury. Sarah Barshop of ESPN had a story about Pooka last year and we oughte that some NFL teams didn't even have him on their draft boards, Wow, because they were worried about his durability. But I'm not concerned about it. Like you said, no ligament tears in his past, no chronic soft tissue issues like you know Christian Watson of all of a sudden developed. So I'm pretty bullish on Pooka going forward.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think he is, yes, a sell high option, but emphasis on high. I think that it's really easy to look at a player and say, oh, he's a sell high and that just means trade him for the best value you can get. And I don't mean that, I mean if you can trade him for a truly elite asset or two really really good assets, then I am willing to do that. But again, I think people often you know, misconstrus sell high as sell and he is not a sell But if you can sell high, given that there is some degree of risk with him, I'm willing to do that I did that.
Speaker 3: It was early last year before.
Speaker 1: We saw what he did in totality last season, but I sold him to get Garrett Wilson in our dynasty league. I'm happy to do something like that where I'm feeling pretty good that I'm getting an elite asset in return. Now again, Puka looked really good the rest of the year, so you can quibble about whether or not that was the right move, but that's the type of move I'm willing to make with Puoka, not sell to the highest bidder if that differentiation makes sense. Next question here, the dynasty tight end market is changing with the emergence of young talent and some studs getting older. Does this change your startup strategy or how you viewed tight ends in trade? That comes from Dave h.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This is Dave Heilman, by the way, one of my good buddies in the fantasy industry. Super good guy. Yeah, and I'll breeze through this one quickly because I want to make sure we squeeze in the next question. At least, I think there are two ways to look at it. Like, on one hand, with all the good young talent at the tight end position, I don't think you have to be too grabby in startup drafts, Like you don't have to aggressively target this specific guy because after he goes like the the bot just drops out with the tight end market. It's not like that anymore. I mean, we've had this wave of good young talent and now we're getting another stud in brock Bowers hopefully too with Jatavian Sanders. On the other hand, like, I want one of these good young guys in my startup if I can do it. So ultimately, I think I'm just kind of value hunting, Like I'm looking for a good tight end at a reasonable price, and preferably a good young one. But if I have to hamm anagg it for a couple of years with Dalton Schultz and Hunter Henry, is my two tight ends, Like, so be it. If different startup drafts have like these different cultures, and some people are going to be really into the tight ends, especially if it's tight end premium. It's tight end premium. The price on tight ends sometimes gets a little silly, and in that case then I'm definitely more likely to have a Dalton Schultz Hunter Henry combo.
Speaker 1: Do you have a round that you'd like to take your tight end in and startup like obviously, let's say, assuming you're getting good value in every round, you'd like to fill out your two quarterbacks first. You'd like to get at least a stud receiver, maybe a running back. Is there around where you're saying, if I can get a good young tight end, I feel good about here, I'll be happy.
Speaker 2: I'm not even thinking about tight end till the fifth or sixth in a super flex startup. It's yeah, fifth or sixth, they're beyond usually beyond.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to a question that I think is one you were referencing that you want to get to quick hitter takes on the top twenty twenty five rookie picks and how those guys compared to this twenty twenty four batch. That's from Nathan b.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think what made us so excited about the class of twenty twenty four as far back as a year ago, was that just the combination of depth and spectacular top end talent at the wide receiver position, a quartet of quarterbacks, or maybe we thought it was gonna be just two or three, but now it's four. We're gonna be top six draft picks and one of the best tight end prospects of all time. So like that that's a pretty appealing package. Class of twenty twenty five is pretty interesting, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be as good good not as strong as quarter at quarterback, and honestly, I don't even know who the QB one is gonna be. Maybe Drew Aller of Penn State. So there's some really good receivers, like Luther Burden of Missouri could be the number one pick in the NFL Draft. Like he's going to be very exciting, a Mecca Egbuca who a lot of people thought was going to come out this year. He's going to be a gem. But here's what I like most about the class of twenty twenty five. Worm. Whereas this year's running back class is just okay and kind of a mixed bag, next year's running back class looks really juicy. I mean, Ohio State now has two top running back prospects with They already had Trevion Henderson at Ohio State and now they're getting quinch On Judkins transferring from Old miss I mean, talk about the rich getting richer. That's just an embarrassment. Of riches in the OSU backfield, Rocket Sanders from Arkansas, Donovan Edwards from Michigan, Jiquavius Marks Mississippi State, Taj Brooks from Texas Tech. Really fun running back class.
Speaker 3: Nick Singleton too at Penn State.
Speaker 2: Who was really good as a fresh bass.
Speaker 3: A little bit of a step back last year. Yeah, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I find that I don't typically start really thinking about the next year's class until we get there.
Speaker 3: I try and think about the value of the picks.
Speaker 1: You know, just from reading what other people who are frankly smarter than I am are saying about them. And I love, like you said, the running back class is really exciting.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I've seen like we just mentioned, like Kevin Coleman. I think he's really high on Luther Burton, for example. So like I kind of try and see what names people already starting to talk about. But I don't feel like I, you know, have dive deep into it or anything like that quite yet. I do think on the quarterback like, I'm gonna guess it's not aller or shitter Sanders. I'm gonna guess it's somebody that kind of comes out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: To be QB one, babe, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It just feels like one of those years where there's not like that preordained guy like Trevor Lawrence or Caleb Williams or whoever. Let's very quickly hit on these last year that we wrote down. Will go speedy through these from John M. What are you doing with players like Ryan Tannehill, Sam Howell, Mac Jones and Justin Fields if they are on your team, what are you sending to acquire them individually in a twelve teams super flex five point touchdown scoring league. These are obviously all former starting quarterbacks that are now backups.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So this is John McGlenn, who is the commissioner of a league that I'm in, a dynasty league, So obviously he's feeling me out for inside information. Good buddy of mine. John's awesome hosts the Let's See Dynasty Evaluation Show and Commissioner Evaluation Show, so he is a pillar of the fantasy community. Five Justin Fields, I am holding him right now like I'm still a believer, and there's no way I'm gonna sell him right now with his price at absolute rock bottom. So he's just a complete hold. I would probably trade Sam Hall for baloney sandwich, like I just and I've got him sitting on a roster, like come and make me an offer, like third round rookie pick fine, like his season just went completely off the rails last year, like completed less than half his passes in the last few weeks, and like when he was fantasy relevant for a while last year was just based on sheer volume. He was leading the league in pass attempts at one point. Takes way too many sacks. I mean, I suppose Justin Fields does too, but I'm a much bigger believer in fields talent than I am in Sam Howell. So and then who were the other two guys, Mac Jones and Ryan Tannehill? I mean, what are you going to get for Ryan Tannehill?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I'm not even taking the Bologney sandwich. I don't take the bolognae Like that's you don't even get the brad exactly. So the last question here, how do you assess your team's positional needs when you have many players suddenly all on a new team.
Speaker 3: This comes from MB football. The examples he gave Swift Pollard mixing Moss Edwards.
Speaker 1: So again, how are you assessing your positional needs when all these players are suddenly on a new team.
Speaker 2: I just think you have to look at the part individually and determine whether the new surroundings significantly boost or decrease the fantasy value of these players. Like I think Zach Moss and Gus Edwards are kind of like marginal back of the roster guys who've like gained value as a result of where they're going. I think Tony Pollard has lost value going where he is and now having to maybe share with Tayja Spears and a worse offense. And I don't think the value of DeAndre Swift or Joe Mixon has changed much like much different surroundings. But ultimately I think it's kind of a push as far as whether they gained or lost value.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to everybody, both in the industry and the listeners for sending in those great questions. We'll do this and again at some point in coming months another mailbag show, because we've got so many good ones. So we appreciate everybody for sticking with us for a long episode and hopefully we managed to man the fort successfully without Bogmin Here Fitz go enjoy the rest of Opening Day. I know I'm about to start watching the Orioles and have hopefully the start of a very fun season with them. At best of luck to whatever degree the Brewers can be successful this.
Speaker 3: Year as well. Forfits, I am Ryan Warmley. Thank you everybody for tuning in. We'll see you again next time.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple.
Speaker 3: Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 1: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.