Speaker 1: If you're about to make a change in your life and you feel uncomfortable, that's the best feeling you can have because for the first time in your life, you're making a decision that's going to be best for you and not what somebody told you to get. And that's when all bets are off. Welcome to Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I'm your host, Rushan McDonald. Our theme is there's no perfect time to start following your dreams. I recognize that we all have different definitions of success. For you and maybe decide to your h it's time to stop reading other people's success stories to start living your own. Keep wedding. Welcome you want to make a conversation master Class. Rushan McDonald is back for another great show, a show that's going to give you information. Hopefully it'll show that motivate you, makes you look into what you are trying to achieve in your life. Take notes. Always tell people take notes when you listen to my show, because I feel I have value value from a standpoint of what I have to say and as well as what my guests have to say, because I invite them on the show and try to get their nuggets, their secrets to success and also motivation because that motivation is what makes them successful. A lot of people don't realize that, but also comes with that motivation is a plan. Let's get this ball roll over. My first guest. She is a business mogul, singer, model, and star up the hit reality TV show Love and Marriage Huntsville on Own, which is currently in its seventh season. Please welcome to the Money Making Conversation Masterclass. Melody Sharie Melody, Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, I am wonderful. How are you doing?
Speaker 1: First of all, you know I met you. You wouldn't singing, you wouldn't modeling. You know what I'm saying. You just married. You just married, Melody.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, But that's what we're supposed to do, right. We're supposed to expand we're supposed to grow, and we are supposed to go after all of our dreams.
Speaker 1: And that's what I really admire about you. And I say that very honestly because I follow you on social media and your fan base is one of the most engaged fan bases I've ever seen in my life. Tell us why that is the true, because I'd see it if anybody's not following her or not aware of her fan base. Tell everybody your fan your social media handles.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. My social media handle is Melody Cheri. That's on Instagram and Facebook. M E l O d Y s h A r I. And you know what, I have been blessed and fortunate enough to be able to touch the hearts of many people, specifically women, and by showing them what it looks like to go through something so traumatic, something so life changing in the public eye, and still come out on top of that with a sound mind, still come out on top of that being successful. It has definitely garnered the support of win around the world.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see it. That's why I wanted everybody to get a feel if they if they want to see what I'm saying, they want to become see the engagement and see the motivation that you deliver. And like the title of my show is money Making Conversation master Class, but you do master classes in real estate, correct.
Speaker 2: I absolutely do so. Prior to becoming you know, a part of the Love and Marriage Huntsville franchise, I literally had created a multimillion dollar business by twenty eight from the ground up. I've literally been an entrepreneur working for myself since twenty five, so thirteen years as an entrepreneur. And with that, I've been blessed now to actually teach it in the game of this industry called property preservation, which has been around since forever we were closed properties. It's a national industry because foreclosures are everywhere. And I've had the pleasure russion of creating over eight hundred entrepreneurs since two thousand and twenty by putting them in the game of property preservation. So I do have a class. It's a five week program. I teach it personally via Zoom And right now we're actually running a tax cell for those who are wanting to use their top tax dollars to create dollars. We are actually running a tax cell right now for one thousand and nine nine nine, And the website is Masterclass with Melody dot com.
Speaker 1: Right, And so what does one get out of that class? Because of the fact that you know, I try to provide information. Are they getting course course of getting manuals? They're getting pamphlets? What are they getting out of your masterclass?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So they do get an ebook, okay, but then they also get me for five weeks where I come on Zoom and I teach them every week, and I give them tasks to complete every week, from setting up their LLC, getting that EI in business, checking, getting the proper insurance needed to work in this industry, recruiting subcontractors to work for them. They get forms, all the forms that I use when I was in the game. They get those forms to personalize and make theirs. I put their company name and little goal on them. And then after the class is over, they continue to have access to me as well as a field manager that they get by being a part of my class, to help them when their work orders start coming in from the banks.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a lot, and that's a lot of it to me is that you know the reason I say that because I get a lot of people on the show, and uh, people hear about these courses and these certificates they can get, and the follow up isn't there when I when I do my personal follow up, because I try to do my due diligence before I bring people on the show. And to hear that you are doing all this, first of all, you're you're personally being engaged. Then you allow and follow up, which is really the key. You're not walking away from the individual that you're motivating to a better life. And then you have a field person. That's a lot going on. What how did that content get the develop and how did it become so original in your platform.
Speaker 2: You know, I've always loved teaching, so prior to, you know, being an entrepreneur. My degree is in education, So I've always loved teaching and helping people get to the best version of themselves and sharing knowledge. That's just a part of who I am. And so having been in this industry at the time when I started teaching it for ten years, I had been in the industry. It was an opportunity for me to create another stream of income because I do believe in multiple streams of income, but also be able to, you know, teach others about this industry that has been hidden from most of us for so long. So it just made sense. I put it together. I came up with what I wanted my deliverables to be, how I was going to make that happen, planned it out, rolled it out, and now here we are four years later.
Speaker 1: Wow, and that's fantastic. I'm talking to Melody Shari, one of the stars. I said, the startle me. You mean an interview on ra Sean McDonald's show. You know, ra Sean McDonald's telling you she's the star and a producer Love and Marriage Huntsville on own Yeah top shows on there. Now you know there's been a journey. You're taking us through many journeys on that show, marriage, divorce, raising children and overcoming all these obstacles. And you said it earlier, become bigger and better and stronger. Now it's a lot of women and men out there dealing with these emotional highs and lows in life. How were you able to sustain yourself? How do you get up when the day before you is down? How do you what? What drives you? I know you have your children, that's a blessing, But what inside you keeps you going melody?
Speaker 2: You know, first of all my desire you know you said my children. Of course that is a major piece and component, but also my desire to fulfill my purpose that God has for me in this life cycle. You know that is at the forefront of everything I do, every decision I make, and every move that I make. To be honest, how does it affect and benefit my purpose? And so that helps me and gives me the strength to get up and keep moving even in those days whenever I may not feel like it. And I am big on taking mental health breaks when I need to, so I love to do that. I'm big on self care, so I always find ways to to make sure that I'm pouring back into me while I'm pouring into others.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's important because I'm bad at that. I've been bad and I have to tell people because you know, you shit around, and you know, people look at me being successful, but I guess what I have. I've not been successful with Rashan, you know, learning how to take breaks, you know, I just I just push right on through. You know, I never really have highs or lows. I just push right on through. And that And is what you saying, Rashan? Invest in you? What advice would you give people like Rashan, these these super type aids, you know, who don't know how to reel it in. But you're telling me you have a plan in place. Is somebody mentoring you? How does that helping you out? Who's helping you? Who's helping you? God? Of just something you've naturally stilled in yourself.
Speaker 2: You know, so more so naturally, but of course, I do have a solid support system around me, from my mother to my manager, to some of my best friends, who also care about my overall well being, who care about my mental health, who see how much I pour into others, and who remind me even if I tend to forget, who remind me to take care of me. So, whether that's going on a vacation by myself out the country, I never traveled alone. I was married. I got married at twenty two, I was married for fourteen years. I had never really traveled alone. Now I will hop on a flight and go out the country by myself and not think twice about it. I've just learned that if I'm not whole, then I can't fulfill my purpose. And remember I told you, fulfilling my purpose is one of the big.
Speaker 1: Components for me, and that's important as we go through the whole process. But also feeling your purpose is also not being pigeonholed, and that is a quality melody. I've always admired about you because every time we've talked, you said, shot, this what I got going on, and you said it earlier, you said multiple streams of income. You've always thought like that that is what I'm trying to get people understand, you know, work comes with multiple streams of an income, but it's a possibility if you plan it, walk through those steps of that mentality that you have Melody.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: It started so young for me. I literally talk to people and I share, like I've been doing multiple things for so long. So you're talking about as a kid, right working three jobs, playing the keyboard at church, also having to go to choir practice, go to praise and worship team practice, and I'm also a youth minister, so I'm there for in that part. So just literally all of those things I was doing even as a kid. So when it comes to me being used to being able to ultitask, being able to be a part successfully a part of multiple things at a time, I literally had that instilled in me because that was my life prior to even becoming an adult, you know. And so now as an adult, what I do is I've been determined to kind of keep my mindset because it is about mindset. I've been determined to keep my mindset that if you know what, if God brings me to it, he'll bring me through it. And if it's something that I want to do. I'm not going to let anyone box me in. I'm not gonna let anyone make me feel as if I cannot. I'm gonna go hard for every single thing that I feel like belongs to me.
Speaker 1: You know, before we go to break, I just want to get some additional motivation for women out of here, coming out of your situation. Like you said, you got married when very young, and then when you get married, we think things are a beautiful, kid, but then you did the realization that wasn't going to happen. How do you pick up the pieces? Melody? If you can give me a to my listeners about picking up the pieces? When that dream that we all thought was going to be forever, to death, to a stought, it starts to crumble, and then you have realized that this is not this is not my journey.
Speaker 2: I say, how do you not pick up the pieces? How do you not pick up the pieces? Right? Picking up the pieces and putting things together can sometimes be the most beautiful work of art that we've ever seen. And that's what you are, your work of art. And so when you start looking at taking something broken and putting it back together, something that has gone through, something that has been tested, has been tried, and you're still standing. And I say all the time, everything that you've gone through, there's been somebody else that has gone through it. Our ancestors have gone through far more than we've gone through, and they made it enough for us to be here. So if they can do it, then we can too. And as women, you know, when I walked away from my marriage, my baby that my youngest baby was three months old, so I had four children, one three months old. But I knew that thing in that situation was not allowing me the ability to be all that I could be because I was on an emotional roller coaster. My mental health was starting to take a hit, right, So I knew there's no way I can fulfill purpose by being stuck in this situation. I gotta go. So it literally became a choice of life and death.
Speaker 1: Wow, Now you know I had a budd of you. You talked a lot about church, right, Did you ever get into the pool pit and start preaching out that when you were doing choir practice and all that. Did you do.
Speaker 2: Any of this, minister?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, I was, Yes, I was.
Speaker 1: It's just it's so fantastic because, like I said, I know, it's rare me getting you on the show and getting back on the show. You got a lot of things just coming up in Atlanta. We're going to talk about the next break because I want to talk about some of the entrepreneur of products and things that you're doing for makeup, because we got to talk about it, because I want everybody to understand that you see her on TV, but what she's doing off the air of what's not being shown sometimes on the shovel listen, because it's television. You're changing the game. You're changing the game. And she also has learned to use social media to her advantage how to be able to take those followers and turn them into and monetize them. And we all want that. We always want to understand how can we monetize followers. She's done a fantastic job about that. When we come back, we're gonna talk more. We're gonna talk about mimosas, all these things. This is an entrepreneur, a serial entrepreneur. I'm talking to come back and we're gonna talk some more with Melody Cherie.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back with more money Making Conversations. Masterclass with Rushaun McDonald.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Money Making Conversations Masterclass, hosted by Rashaan McDonald. Money Making Conversations Masterclass continues online at Moneymakingconversations dot com and follow money Making Conversations Masterclass on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Speaker 1: My guest is Melody Schari. She's a business mobile singer, model, and star of the hit reality TV showed Love and Marriage Huntsville, which is on Own, which is currently in the seventh season. When did you realize that you were popular? Melody?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't. I don't feel like I'm popular.
Speaker 1: Really? Really? Come on now, come on, come on, come on down when you when I'll be watching on social media?
Speaker 3: Sold Out.
Speaker 1: I put you on sand last week, sow Out. Obviously I follow you on social media, so you can't give me that. I don't know if I'm popular. You know all every product you put out there is really now because let's let's talk about that, because you know, we we discussed this the social media aspect, the brand aspect, because you have a brand. Now, you are a brand, and I'm trying to figure out is your bread tied to parenting, is your brand tied to entrepreneurship, or is your brand tied to you know, I'm every woman. You know that you're doing the things every woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty much it. Like I feel like when it comes to my branding, you know that is people are people have bought into all of those pieces of me, me seeing me as a mom, you know, seeing me as a daughter, seeing me as you know, a business mogul, you know, serial entrepreneur, and I'm seeing me as a reality TV personality. I feel like people have literally, you know, bought into all the pieces of me that make me who I am.
Speaker 1: And that's important. And so one of the things that you have coming up in the city of Atlanta, you have a your very popular Mimosa with melody Black Time Fair, which is Saturday, March thirtieth in Atlanta, theme at Time for Change. It will feature actor, author, and lawyer Hill Harper, who's taking time away from this TV series. In fact, he said I'm not coming back because he's running for US Senate in Michigan. Wow. And the first ever first ever men's patent at your event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, sir, yes, sir, I'm super, super super excited about it. You know, it is, you know, one of those things where it's my fourth Momosas with Melody event, and Momosas with Melody started out as a women's empowerment brush, you know, because people were, you know, able to witness all that I went through and they had questions for me. They wanted to see how did I do it? And so I was like, I can't go to lunch with everybody, but you know what, I can have a brunch where y'all can come and we can all talk about it right right. And so this is the fourth one, like I said, and I'm super super excited about having my first ever men's talent on here. We're going to talk about making boss moves. We're going to talk about taking control of our spiritual, personal, and financial life, what it means to lead. I'm going to present some awards, and then of course our keynote speaker, mister Harol Harper will come up and do his thing as well. So we're going to have an amazing time.
Speaker 1: Now. Now this politics, so we talk about maybe a future mayor or somewhere from Huntsville here, we may be talking to you here. I'm every woman.
Speaker 2: You never know, you never know. I've been able to keep my record very clean.
Speaker 1: Look put the way Look, the President of the United State was an actor run reggae. So you know when I speak like this, you know I'm not joking because of the fact that you know, I listen to you and I watch you, and you when you wake up, when you see things you see you see the value in it, and then you see the business in it. Like you said, women wanted to communicate with you, so you decide of these in these sessions and stuff like that. So when you're sitting around here, I just want people to hear how you look at things. And what makes a serial entrepreneur does is your ideas tied to a budget? Is are they tied to an emotion? What moves you in the direction before we start talking about the different products that you involved in that you're supporting with.
Speaker 2: Your name, you know, it ties into doing what I love and doing what I care about and what means something to me. You know, I've had opportunities presented to me that didn't align with who I am or didn't align with my brand, and I said, no, I don't care if it's forty thousand, one hundred thousand, if it don't align with my brand, it's a no for me. Right and so I can truthfully stand in saying that I'm doing the things that match melody that I love, that I have a genuine passionate about. That's real for me, and that is why I get things sold out. That is why you see I drop a product and it's gone by the time the whole world gets to know about it, right, it's already sold because I am putting my heart into the things that I'm doing, because there are things that I actually genuinely love and I'm passionate about.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna just tell you, and she's willing to share. I've gotten untold messages from her about individuals. She want to recommend it for my show. She was shying, he be good, Yeah, would you put him on the show? Just halping mat Rashwan, And I go, Melandie, what you if you bring this person, I'm gonna do that. And because of the that is, because she's done that more than three or four times. I can tell you that for a fact, I've gotten emails or to dms on my Instagram account asking to contact this person. So so what what makes that? Because you're natural competitors, but you're willing to extend a hand to individuals to give them a slot that you may have on the show, then give that up for somebody else. What drives that mentality?
Speaker 2: You know what? I know that whatever is for me is for me, and there's nothing that anybody can do to take it away from me. So I've always enjoyed I've always enjoyed sharing and you know, giving back and helping people. If you say to me, hey, I need help, then I'm gonna do my best to try to help you and get to wherever it is that you say you're going. You know, that's one of the things that I feel on this show, for example, Love and Marriage, Huntsville. Every person that's on this show that whether I brought them on the show, whether I recommended them to be on the show, it was because it was shared with me that I want to be a part of this show. This leads towards the dreams that I have, and then I do what I do and I try to make it happen. That's me and who I am at my core. And despite the betrayal, despite the pettiness of some of the things that have happened because of me trying to help people, I refuse to allow that to change who I am and who God has called me to be. So I'm still going to keep serving. I'm still gonna keep helping. I'm still going to keep my heart pure, still going to do what the things that God you know, that race, and it shruckts me to do so today in twenty twenty four March, I still stand in being true to melody for sure?
Speaker 1: Amen, cause I say amen, Amen, Amen, Yes sir, yes, sir. Well let's talk about you know when I when I told her, when when did she realized she was popular?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: She kind of like, I hate that popular, I hate that popular. Rest but then turned right around said, you know when I put my products out there, they sell out, they sell out. Well, let's talk about let's talk about these products, okay that you what what what what venture? Because you know you are an attractive person, you know, and and when people look at you for to go together? How many kids you got up where?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 1: I know you get that A lot? You get that a lot? You get that a lot? You know, and you made your mark in fashion through your your women's collection with celebrity stylist Jay Boling tell us about from the whole intro intro because a lot of people want to drop the clothing line. That won't drop all types of things, But how do you go about doing it? I know you celebrity give you an advantage, but you still have to go through some steps.
Speaker 2: Well, what's so interesting is that, believe it or not, one thing I believe in is divine alignments and divine timing, And believe it or not, my first shoot with Jay Bolan was before I was even on television. Okay, I had my I had my first photo sho with Jay Bolan before Loving Mary Huntsville, and that was a divine alignment that took place. That Now, once I've become on TV with a larger audience, We've been able to continue to continue to collaborate where both of us could capitalize, you know, off of the collaboration, and it's been great. You know, he'll be at the event on Saturday, mimosas with Melody, So I'm super excited about so many supporters of our clothing collections being able to meet him in person. Skincare, I've always cared about skincare. I grew up with something called Hitty rye Acids Rosea Ship, so I was able to take some of the things that my great grandmother gave me to help me with. That got with an amazing black female chemist ride in Dallas, Texas, and we've been able to create an amazing line that's natural, vegan, harabin free and it is working. Wanders on all of those who consume.
Speaker 1: Now, well, how does one buy these items of purchase these items? Where can they go?
Speaker 2: Sure? So, seventh Avenue Beauty dot Net. Seventh Avenue Beauty dot Net. Right now, you know everything's up there. We're dropping our blueberry and orange burst face and lip scrub this weekend, Easter weekend. We'll be having a three day sell Friday, Saturday and Sunday because we all know he Rolls. On the third day, we'll be having thirty percent off three day sell. All items in the discount cold will be he Rolls. So feel free to go over there, and you know, let's let's let's drive our skin.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love these marketing too. Now, before we go, I want to let everybody know this reality TV star is now has ownership in a network Newby and TV. Tell us about that as we close out the interview.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what, listen, you couldn't have told me years ago that I'd be literally owning a network or co owning a network, And when the opportunity came, you know, everything just everything made sense and it has worked out so far. Has given me an opportunity to have shows, to create and produce shows and get them immediately on air, so that's also a plus. And you know, I'm just so happy to have been given the opportunity to be a part of New being.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know the reason I know? She said with Sean, I need you come over here. I need you to bring your baking shop over here to my network. Yeah, come over, Sean, come over. And I'm so tired, but I forgot that. I want to thank you for even considering me for your network, because it really is impressive. What's more impressive is you me watching you grow up before my eyes on TV surviving adversity. And I want to just invite you on the show just for people can hear your story, not some faith something reading the tablaws a TMZ or social media. You're the real deal. You have strong faith, you have a strong mentorship, you have a strong surrounding, you have a good core people, and most importantly, you an incredibly sound business person.
Speaker 2: Thank you, you know what. Thank you so much. You know, I appreciate that, and thank you for opening up your forms have me a part of it, you know, because you didn't have to do that. So I always come with such light and positivity. And you know, anytime there's an opportunity, let me know and I'm here.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool? They safe? And again I try to drop by this Saturday, you know, and I have a little momotion. How to mister hears my boy and congratulation again. Oh yes, except uh, miss famous person, miss famous, but she's famous. You don't know it. She's famous. You don't know it. But oh my gosh, keep leading with your gifts, girrel, because you got a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, Thank you so much. Okay, thank you by you guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Master Class. Money Making Conversations Master Class with rough Shan McDonald is produced by thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight to fifteen media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts.