Speaker 1: We've all seen the famous movie Titanic.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Alexis Yeah, okay, no, she.
Speaker 1: Saw the Nickelodeon version where sponge Bob and Patrick accidentally sink a boat and are clinging to a floating.
Speaker 2: Crabby patch with the line the same storyline, but they could live in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Shore for a little bit. But did you know in the real movie Titanic, director James Cameron admits both Jack and Rose could have fit on that floating door exactly, but he says they wouldn't have both survived because it wouldn't have floated enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could do that, It'd be too filled with the cold, icy water. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think if Brooke and her husband were in that movie the conversation would have gone like this, Michael, get your own door. You are such a terrible planner. I never wanted to go on this cruise. This is your fault. This is why first class Michael. Well only bring it up because that famous door just made the news recently and sold at an auction for seven hundred and eighteen thousand dollars. It's not easy, no, no, no. From the movie.
Speaker 2: You know when they sell off props and movies like Indiana Jones's whip when they sold that off for the you know, ruby shoes from the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've always wondered with these crazy auctions. What do you do with it when you buy it? You just lean it up against the wall in your house? Or do you toss it in the swimming pool and let the kids play with.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you obviously can't buy it unless you have a pool.
Speaker 1: You know, we could do whatever you want, because rich people love spending ridiculous amounts of money on random craps from famous movies. And I know that because we have a list of the most expensive real movie props that have ever been sold. Oh, I probably already named a couple. Brook mentioned the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom, Harrison Ford's whip. Yeah, that sold for five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. She bought it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was more useful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had an amateur whip enthusiasts. I can tell you that's a scream indeed, from the movie Draft Park. Okay, something sold for two hundred and fifty grand. Wait and he guesses what prop from Jurassic I know could it be the cup with the water.
Speaker 2: You remember the water like with the dinosaur feet are coming and then the water starts vibrating and it's the most anticipated moment.
Speaker 1: I was sinking the jeep itself, like the actual g it's not the cup, it's just the water. It's almost Do you remember the scene where newman from Seinfeld is trying to get off the island with the dinosaur DNA at the end and it's raining and he crashes his car. Yeah, face, and he's hiding the DNA in a shaving cream canister, the barbasol canister that went for a quarter of a million dollars. Who my god, that little shaving clean camember that wow, remembering and he like opens it and you fit the things inside once you say it.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't the first thing I thought of when you think of dress Park, Like, if you're spending that much money, give me the full t Rex skeleton. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the most expensive real movie props that have ever sold at auction, and that includes three different items that went for one hundred and twenty five grand. Apiece Jack Nicholson's axe from The Shining, Toby Maguire's Black Spider Man suit from Spider Man three Wow, and Kate Winslet's dress from the end of Titanic when she gets rescued. Okay, but none of those hold a candle to the most expensive movie items of all time. Those even weren't even the most expensive. One of them was the Cowardly Lion costume from the Wizard of Oz. I used to do a joke on stage. Lion. We're talking an old beat up Halloween outfits from the nineteen twenties, made with asbestos and msg in. They put everything in that it does, and that's why it's sold for close to three point one million dollars. Oh my god, man, when you come home from auction, you have to tell your wife that you spent that much money. How embarrassing is that?
Speaker 2: I mean, you got to get into a role play at that point. Question, Yeah, why do you got to buy the one where you have no courage?
Speaker 1: Though? All of them even crazier than that. Marilyn Monroe's famous white subway dress, the one that blows up over the ground.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine. I mean, all these have to be in museums.
Speaker 1: Right, not anymore? These people bought them or maybe they don't.
Speaker 2: I think that they usually yeah, or the museum by anyway, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: That's from a movie called The Seven Year Itch, and it sold for a staggering four point six million dollars.
Speaker 2: I can see that, God, And then you wear it to one Halloween party, spill one glass of red wine?
Speaker 1: God, why didn't she wear black?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why didn't her dress at boxings? And then we come to Batman before the Dark Knight and Batman Forever, even before Lego Batman, there was a Batman TV show in the sixties starring Adam West does the Crusader and he drove around in the original Batmobile. Okay, that's what it looks.
Speaker 2: Like, which it just looks like an old sixties car where they put some fins on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like a glass bubble on the top.
Speaker 2: I mean it's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool. Well, that car went up for auction and somebody bought it for four point two million dollars.
Speaker 2: Jay leto say what.
Speaker 1: Curiously, if you're a comic book or a superhero fan, that car is considered one of the holy grail items of all superhero props. Imagine rolling up to comic Con in that then immediately go back up into like a parking crying, she walks out, I'm dressed as Barbie. Yeah, what the he? Or forget comic Con, just rolling up to Starbucks with yet those are the most expensive movie props that I've ever been sold. We got your tap coming up in just a few minutes.