Speaker 1: All right, you found us on a Friday. Welcome to the podcast, Alexis. How many five hour.
Speaker 2: Energy bottles did you count in the trash can? I think it was eleven? Oh guys, fifty energy? Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Let's just hope Jeffrey's heart doesn't exclude it's his fuel for his parody song.
Speaker 1: Today's song of the Week is in well today's podcast.
Speaker 2: There it goes, let's start it now.
Speaker 4: I'm just wondering.
Speaker 5: You're going to ask the room, what's your favorite reboot of all time?
Speaker 4: It's Jeffrey in the Morning. Oh, maybe it's like the Fuller House TV show.
Speaker 1: My daughter's in fourth grade and she just came home and said, Mom, everybody's watching Fuller House right now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what, why?
Speaker 6: Weird?
Speaker 4: Maybe it's better if you haven't seen the original.
Speaker 2: Full if you're only eight, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Cobra Kai reboot from the Karate Kid that was really popular. It's or my favorite Sisterhood of the Traveling Jorts. I predict that your daughter is gonna love that one. It's gonna be really big with.
Speaker 2: John I'm waiting for sports instead.
Speaker 5: But huge news on the reboot front though, because producer Jerry Bruckheimer just announced that they're gonna be rebooting Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 4: Okay, he says, quote.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be easier to put together because you don't have to wait for certain actors, So none.
Speaker 3: Of the original cast is going to be probably Orlando Broom.
Speaker 4: And sorry, guys, I.
Speaker 2: Am so sad.
Speaker 7: I'm getting to a point in my life where they're rebooting movies that came out when I was an adult, not a fun like Harry Potter came out.
Speaker 4: It was a little bit weird.
Speaker 5: But this could be Jose's chance to finally showcase his talents as the new Captain. Jose Sparrow's got to relapse on the rum Rumor is they're starting over from scratch with this, and that's really exciting news. In the tradition of reboots, let's reboot the shock collar Question of the.
Speaker 8: Day, brand new one.
Speaker 5: With an all new cast and crew, starting with digital j Go ahead, Jays, the new and improved Jake.
Speaker 2: That's the same guy.
Speaker 9: Did you guys realize Coca Cola sells forty billion dollars worth of soda every year?
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, four zero.
Speaker 9: They're by far the most lucrative beverage company in the world. But how did they really become so successful? I mean, sure it tastes great. Yeah, yeah, Taylor Swift was an official brand ambassador.
Speaker 8: Makes any company go by Billy.
Speaker 9: But I think we all know the number one reason for Coca Cola's widespread popularity is catchy slogans. It's the only reason. That's why today we're honoring years of advertising genius with a special.
Speaker 4: Coke Slogan Bonanza.
Speaker 10: Edition of number plenty of twenty.
Speaker 2: I said the success of their slogans, and I immediately was like, I can't think of one. I didn't know all the questions were going to be around them because.
Speaker 8: I've been part of a Coke bonanza in a long time.
Speaker 9: James, it's been a while. Each of you will give me a number one through twenty, and I'll give you part of a famous Coca Cola slogan with.
Speaker 4: Just one word missing.
Speaker 9: Oh you have to fill in the blank correctly, but if you get it wrong, you're at risk of being shocked.
Speaker 8: I like this'll help us a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm stressed out.
Speaker 9: Let's start with the woman who thought Coca Cola's home city of Atlanta was a lost ancient underwater kingdom.
Speaker 4: That's Alexis.
Speaker 9: Alexis, give me a number one through twenty please eighteen Alexis in nineteen seventy one, this famous slogan, I'd like to buy the blank a coke and live in perfect harmony.
Speaker 4: What's the blank?
Speaker 2: This sounds like I know it, I don't know the world.
Speaker 9: That's correct, Alexis, I'd like to buy the world of coke.
Speaker 4: Was that Michael Jackson? I think it was just oh, it was everybody, Yeah, everybody what.
Speaker 2: They were doing. It's a very long slogan.
Speaker 9: Jackson was Pepsi bro Yeah, famously, yeah, famously con fire and a Pepsi come.
Speaker 8: Don't you ever come between the soda wars?
Speaker 9: All right, Alexis, you're in it at least to the next round. Brook, it's your turn. Give me number one through twenty please eight Brook. In two thousand and one, Coke came up with a slogan that said, life tastes so blank is the missing word good?
Speaker 4: Great or coke?
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 1: Life tastes so great, Life tastes so coke? Oh man, I feel like two thousand and one they were trying to do things that just didn't make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be coke.
Speaker 9: Brooke went with life tastes so Coke, that is incorrect.
Speaker 4: I thought it was not even a sentence, like it was life taste so good? Oh, straight up simple.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't oversell it, Coke.
Speaker 9: We're over that, Jose. Give me number one through twenty please twelve Jose. In twenty sixteen, the public made memes about this one, saying, taste the inflation, but it's really taste the blank is the missing word? Sensation, feeling or season o taste the season?
Speaker 2: They do so with Christmas though the Polar Bear.
Speaker 4: How Coca Cola get Christmas? What does PEPSI have?
Speaker 2: PEPs? He can't even get Halloween?
Speaker 11: I know, I love, but they got the cool horses and Sanna. Okay, so feeling is a sensation. So I'm gonna eliminate.
Speaker 8: This because I want to hear sensation.
Speaker 11: Rhymes, but it also means feelings, So why would you go away from the rhyme, Like if they're rhyming, it would taste the inflation.
Speaker 4: I'm going to.
Speaker 8: Go with sensation because it rhymes and it's a feeling.
Speaker 9: J went with taste the sensation that is.
Speaker 4: Incorrect, taste the feeling it was it was.
Speaker 9: Brook and hose are at risk of being shocked right now, Jeffrey, you get this wrong. Alexis wins like a number one through twenty. Please give me number one, number one, Jeffrey nineteen seventy nine, Have a coke and a blank? Is it smile, hug or grope?
Speaker 8: I thought it was gonna be smoke, coke and smoke.
Speaker 2: It makes sense of the seventies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know, as much as I want to be gropped with a coke, it's probably not going to be their ad slogan.
Speaker 4: So it's between hug and smile. If you say so, have a coke and a hug? Is it like a liquid hug?
Speaker 3: I don't know the hugg to me, especially because yeah, a moist tug.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean all of these have basically been the most simple one. So let's go with have a coke and a smile.
Speaker 4: Jeff said had a coke and a smile.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 8: Would have gotten every single one wrong.
Speaker 9: Alexis, We're back to you. The next wrong answer loses. Give me a number, please, Alexis. There's a famous coke ad from the seventies and it's called Hey Catch Kid, and it shows a kid giving a football player a coke after the game, and in return, the player gives the kid his jersey. What NFL team is that player from? Is it my beloved Jacksonville Jaguars? Is it the Kansas City Chiefs? Or is it the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: Do you know this, jeff you were so excited.
Speaker 4: This is a really really show. Commercial has been parodied all the time.
Speaker 2: I can't think of it.
Speaker 9: Is it the best team in the world, the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Kansas City Chiefs, or the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: To make you happy, Jake, I'm going to say.
Speaker 9: The Jaguars, Alexis said, my beloved Jacksonville Jaguars. That is incorrect.
Speaker 8: They were not a team till nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 9: Afterwards, the football player was me and Joe Green and he played for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Jeffrey, that means you've won today's plenty.
Speaker 3: Of twenty and a smile?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 5: Who do I want to smile hugging grope today? That would be our own Jose Bolano. So you're gonna be getting shocked while singing Unwell by Matchbox twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not crazy, I'm just a little one.
Speaker 8: Well I know right now you can't tell stay wild.
Speaker 11: Maybe then you'll see different side of me.
Speaker 9: I can't wait till it's in the Pirates movie.
Speaker 4: That's your shot.
Speaker 12: Collar question of the day, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And what are we number one at on this show?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's not news, not weather, not traffic.
Speaker 4: You get all those from all the other apps. That's boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what do you want us to be? Some local news station? Is that where you're looking for?
Speaker 4: It's not us.
Speaker 5: What we're number one at is strange job postings. Ah yeah. And this one has to do with baseball because there's an online gambling site that's making news because they're looking to hire a Wiener connoisseur.
Speaker 2: What have we all been doing in this room for the last twenty years.
Speaker 5: It's not like your college experience, Brook, there's a Wiener connoisseur.
Speaker 4: What exactly do you do?
Speaker 5: You're supposed to visit all thirty major League baseball parks, buy hot dogs at each one, and then measure each weenie to see which clubs have the biggest and the smallest.
Speaker 11: Like the Diamondbacks a little more girthy. The Dodgers are thinner but longer like the Dodger dogs.
Speaker 3: I just feel like they should add like a crispiness to it too, you know, like when you get that bite in a hot dog.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, so important.
Speaker 4: There's so many things to measure.
Speaker 2: We're working on a resume over here. To apply for this job. Stand out a pass.
Speaker 4: I'll let you know.
Speaker 5: You don't only have to measure the length of it. You have to measure the girth of the wieners and also how heavy they are.
Speaker 4: They want like the full breakdown.
Speaker 2: Just in your hand or its so weird.
Speaker 5: Seeing somebody like measuring the wieners in the middle of a baseball game.
Speaker 4: But they will buy your game tickets for you travel to.
Speaker 5: Each stadium is covered, and they'll give you a total of twenty five hundred dollars to do this, which covers.
Speaker 2: The hotel in half of them if you're retired. This is all that some old couple to do that.
Speaker 5: So you can apply on their website between now in April eighteenth if you want to be this. Just write a short pitch on why you're the most qualified person to measure wieners.
Speaker 2: That was quite a loaded question.
Speaker 4: We're going to post a link on.
Speaker 2: The should definitely hire a woman for this.
Speaker 5: We're gonna post a link on the insist stories at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: We got Laser Stories.
Speaker 5: Next, it's the radio segment that finally found his niche in the cosmetic surgery world. But for animals offering rhinoplasty to insecure bottle nosed dolphins to make them more.
Speaker 2: Bodily, they want more of it.
Speaker 12: I mean the name.
Speaker 5: He also has a great rate on bleached blowholes too.
Speaker 4: If you're one, it's out too.
Speaker 5: But sign up now with Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other flipper clippers just don't. This first laser story is out of Convenience Store Central. You probably heard this already because it's been everywhere, But seven to eleven recently announced a new sparkling water that tastes like hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Is that on the list of things we don't want?
Speaker 5: There's a photo can that's circulating on social media right now. It's supposed to taste like one of their big bites, but in carbonated liquid form.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it says house and Miracles on it, but I would call this the opposite of that.
Speaker 5: The press release says that they partnered with a brand called Miracle Seltzer.
Speaker 4: Four different flavors.
Speaker 5: They have Lemon, lime, green apple, sweet orange, and hot Dog.
Speaker 11: Is supposed to be like on a hot sunny day, you can sip this and it's like you're eating a hot dog.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I think it's just supposed to get more buzzed to talk about the other three flavors.
Speaker 5: True, they're calling it a daring flavor that pushes the boundaries of flavor innovation and something that's sure to delight even the most adventurous of palettes.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's as natural as the hot dogs.
Speaker 5: So have we really fallen so far as a society that we're now drinking hot dog water?
Speaker 4: Come on, here's where I think maybe.
Speaker 2: Not why you think Perryon is doing it soon?
Speaker 5: Because they say the three other flavors are available right now, but more details on the hot dog one is coming out next Monday, and their press release doesn't mention. Next Monday is April Fool's Day.
Speaker 2: Icy.
Speaker 4: Let's hope it's all just a big joke.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe not, or maybe the joke will be on us and it's real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see this. Next laser story is out of Michigan. Preparations for an Easter.
Speaker 5: Egg hunt at a Michigan entry school went off the rails recently. Thirty six year old father and his female partner were there to help hide the eggs when they got into an argument.
Speaker 2: Everybody got to finish. That's not nice.
Speaker 5: Thing escalated quickly as the man accused his wife of making it way too.
Speaker 4: Easy for the Valley View Elementary kids.
Speaker 1: I will say, any of those like public egg hunt things, they just like throw them on the ground.
Speaker 8: It's already bright pink, like everyone can see it.
Speaker 5: Well, it was nine to fifteen am and they were under a lot of stress since the hunt was set to start in just fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so just throw on the ground at this point, yeah, who cares?
Speaker 5: And that's when another family member stepped in to stop the couple from arguing anymore. Yeah, and shockingly, the dad pulled out a knife and stabbed the guy. Oh ydn to an egg somebody that wants to get the most eggsteers. The police were called and the father was taken to jail for aggravated to saw.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, so the background checks on your volunteer paperwork at the elementary school aren't really working out.
Speaker 5: The victim was treated and is expected to make a full recovery. As for the egg hunt, word is the kids were able to find all the eggs in less than six minutes, which may mean maybe it was.
Speaker 4: Too easy and maybe this guy was right for stabbing him.
Speaker 5: Somebody has to stand up for the integrity of easter ideas right now.
Speaker 11: Maybe they saw a guy holding a knife, but they're like, let's get these eggs and get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Text in seven eighty five nine two.
Speaker 5: If you believe he was right for getting the stabbing, stab for justice.
Speaker 2: Texted in me, I got an egg that has the blood.
Speaker 5: His next lazer shows out of food news, Yell McDonald's will soon be joining forces with a popular donut brand to bring a tasty favorite to locations nationwide diabetes flaring up by the end of twenty twenty six, to go alongside their McCafe beverages. The fast food chain will also be selling Krispy Kreme donuts.
Speaker 8: And it's one of those things where it's like, how have you not been doing this for years?
Speaker 2: But like, here's my question. Are they going to be warm?
Speaker 1: Because when you get them, like when they're off the conveyor bell at Krispy Kreme, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: You get them a couple hours later and they're like.
Speaker 8: You're actually kind of right, She's right. It's like a cloud.
Speaker 5: It makes me want to stab you, so bring my work.
Speaker 4: Three of Krispy Cream's popular.
Speaker 5: Three of Krispy Cream's popular favors are going to be delivered fresh to Mickey D's Daily, including original glaze, Chocolate iced with sprinkles, and chocolate iced What. Sorry the stabbing thing, it's too funny.
Speaker 2: I'm worried about you. What is wrong with you?
Speaker 8: The votes are coming in.
Speaker 5: Everyone wants me to no chocolate iced cream filled. The doughnuts are going to be sold individually or in boxes of six, so you can.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, y'a. I'm living at Jose saying, like a dessert? What don'ut is it like a dessert breakfast?
Speaker 5: The doughnuts will be sold individually range boxes of six, so If you can wash all those down with a large vanilla shake and three sausage and eggs mcmuffins too, then you've got your balanced diet.
Speaker 3: He's so busy in the driver now, oh more than it's going to be so busy at the cardiologist is.
Speaker 5: Of course, food bloggers have already gotten on board the mashup train for a possible monstrosity that could include an original glazed wedged in between two mcfish bilats.
Speaker 8: Breakfast sages.
Speaker 4: Is that tartar, sauce or cream? I don't know.
Speaker 5: The announcement follows a successful test that one hundred and sixty McDonald's in the Lexington and Louisville.
Speaker 4: The Kentucky areas. Of course they tested this in Kentucky. My goodness, who was saying no to a Krispy Kreme in Kentucky?
Speaker 8: Nobody?
Speaker 4: Literally no? I mean scup your.
Speaker 2: Next lazer story go off the rail for us.
Speaker 4: This next laser story is out of sleep headquarters.
Speaker 13: I love it here.
Speaker 5: Would you say you feel older than your age? Younger or pretty much?
Speaker 4: Spot on?
Speaker 8: I feel so much younger maturity wise.
Speaker 5: We know I'm I'm a child, It's obvious, but I just mean like physical wise, do you feel younger, pretty much the same?
Speaker 4: Or older?
Speaker 2: I still think coach high schoolers. They told me I look fifteen.
Speaker 4: So well.
Speaker 5: A study found two back to back nights of bad sleep can actually make us feel four years older than.
Speaker 4: We really are.
Speaker 12: I am tired.
Speaker 2: Jeffreyd's a song of the song of the weekday. Yes, yeah, So do you feel.
Speaker 4: I'm in a bad spot?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel octogenarian at this point. They looked at the sleep patterns of over four hundred people and asked each person how old they felt, and then they had a second group get nine hours of sleep for two nights in a row, and when they didn't get enough sleep, they felt four point four years older on average. The people hit the hardest that they felt a whole decade older.
Speaker 8: Yoh my god.
Speaker 5: But the good news is there's also a way to feel youthful again.
Speaker 4: When people got enough sleep every night for a full month, Oh that is impossible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you can do that, they felt an average of five years younger than they really were.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you have to be retired yeah without children?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I know what you're thinking, how much sleep does this guy get? Let's just say last night was so wild with an Adida special.
Speaker 4: He feels seventy years older this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's not very much sleep.
Speaker 5: It was so worth The Laser stories is over. We're gonna do it same time on.
Speaker 12: Monday, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: The ultra rich are just getting bored, no spending money on ridiculous stuff.
Speaker 2: Are you worried about them?
Speaker 5: Jeff I am worried because in the news today a famous movie prop just sold at auction for seven hundred and eighteen thousand dollars. You are not gonna believe what it is and why. Some are saying it's gonna be worth double in just the next few years. Plus the most expensive movie prop ever sold. What did brook by this time? We're gonna find out it coming up right after this. We've all seen the famous movie Titanic.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Alex, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: No, she saw the Nickelodeon version where sponge Bob and Patrick accidentally sink a boat and are clinging to a floating crabby pattis.
Speaker 2: The same storyline, but they could live in the ocean on shore for a little bit.
Speaker 5: But did you know In the real movie Titanic director James Cameron admits both Jack and Rose could have fit on that floating door to exactly, but he says they wouldn't have both survived because it wouldn't have floated enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could do that, It'd be too filled with the cold, icy water.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Do you think if Brooke and her husband were in that movie the conversation would have gone like this.
Speaker 8: Michael, get your own door.
Speaker 4: You are such a terrible planner. I never wanted to go on this cruise. This is your fault.
Speaker 11: This is why first class Michael Well.
Speaker 5: I only bring it up because that famous door just made the news recently and sold at an auction for seven hundred and eighteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Titanic No no, no, from the movie you know when they sell off props and movies like Indiana Jones's Whip when they sold that off, or the you know, ruby shoes from the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 5: I've always wondered with these crazy auctions, what do you do with it when you buy it? You just lean it up against the wall in your house? Or do you toss it in the swimming pool and let the kids.
Speaker 4: Play with it?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say you obviously can't buy it unless you have a pool.
Speaker 5: You know, we could do whatever you want, because rich people love spending ridiculous amounts of money on random craps from famous movies.
Speaker 4: And I know that.
Speaker 5: Because we have a list of the most expensive real movie props that have ever been sold.
Speaker 2: Oh, I probably already named a couple.
Speaker 5: Mentioned the Indiana Jone's Temple of Doom. Harrison Ford's whip. Yeah, that sold for five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: She bought it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was more useful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as an amateur whip enthusiast, I can tell you that's a screaming from the movie Jurassic Park. Okay, something sold for two hundred and fifty grand. Wait and he guesses what prop from Jurassic I know.
Speaker 2: Could it be the cup with the water?
Speaker 1: You remember the water like with the dinosaur feet are coming and then the water starts vibrating, and it's the most anticipated moment.
Speaker 8: I was sinking the jeep itself, like the actual g.
Speaker 4: It's not the cup, it's just the water.
Speaker 5: It's almost Do you remember the scene where Newman from Seinfeld is trying to get off the island with the dinosaur DNA at the end and it's raining and he crashes his car. Yeah, and he's hiding the DNA in a shaving cream canister, the barbosol canister that went for a quarter of a million dollars.
Speaker 4: Who my god, that little shaving.
Speaker 2: Cream came Remember that?
Speaker 15: Wow?
Speaker 4: Remembering?
Speaker 5: He like opens it and you fit the things inside once you say it.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't the first thing I thought of when you think of dress park, Like, if you're spending that much money, give me the full t rex skeleton.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the most expensive real movie props that have ever sold at auction, and that includes three different items that went for one hundred and twenty five grand apiece.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jack Nicholson's axe from The Shining.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Toby Maguire's Black Spider Man suit from Spider Man three wowo, And Kate Winslet's dress from the end of Titanic when she gets rescued. Okay, But none of those hold a candle to the most expensive movie items of all time. Those even weren't even the most expensive. One of them was the Cowardly Lion costume from the Wizard of All Oh I would.
Speaker 8: Want to buy this. I used to do a joke on stage. I know, lion.
Speaker 5: We're talking an old beat up Halloween outfits from the nineteen twenties, made with asbestos and the MSG in it.
Speaker 4: They put everything in that.
Speaker 5: It does, and that's why it's sold for close to three point one million dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh God, man, when you.
Speaker 5: Come home from auction, you have to tell your wife that you spent that much money.
Speaker 4: How embarrassing is that?
Speaker 3: I mean, you got to get into a role play at that point, no question? Yeah, why do you got to buy the one where you have no courage?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 2: All of them.
Speaker 5: Even crazier than that Marilyn Monroe's famous white subway dress, the one that blows up over the ground.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine. I mean, all these have to be in.
Speaker 4: Museums, right, not anymore? These people bought them, or maybe they don't.
Speaker 3: I think that they usually yeah, or the museum by anyway, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: That's from a movie called The Seven Year Itch, and it sold for a staggering four point six million dollars.
Speaker 1: I can see that, God, And then you wear it to one Halloween party, spill one glass of red wine.
Speaker 2: God, why didn't she wear black.
Speaker 8: Ye, why didn't dress up boxings?
Speaker 4: And then we come to Batman.
Speaker 5: Before the Dark Knight and Batman Forever, even before Lego Batman. There was a Batman TV show in the sixties starring Adam West does the Crusader and he drove around in the original Batmobile.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what it looks.
Speaker 2: Like, which it just looks like an old sixties car where they put some fins on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like a glass bubble on the top.
Speaker 2: I mean it's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 5: Well that car went up for auction and somebody bought it for four point two million dollars.
Speaker 2: Jay Leto say, what curious.
Speaker 5: If you're a comic book or superhero fan, that car is considered one of the holy grail items of all superhero propects.
Speaker 3: Imagine rolling up to Comic Con in that, then immediately go back up into like a parking crying.
Speaker 8: She walks out, I'm dressed as Barbie.
Speaker 2: Yeah what the he?
Speaker 5: Or forget comic Con, just rolling up the Starbucks with those are the most expensive.
Speaker 4: Movie props that I've ever been sold. We got your phone tap coming.
Speaker 12: Up brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: If you're a manager at a company and you didn't know someone was playing a prank on you. The last person you'd want to hear from is a woman that I call sbb W the sun Block Black Widow. Her real names Brooke, but she's hired by companies to lay off hundreds of unsuspecting employees with one caveat. She can only do it during solar eclipses.
Speaker 2: Y Oh, I know, makes sense to me.
Speaker 5: Well, it's quirky, but that's how she makes a living every eight years. You're gonna hear her latest play in your phone. Tap right now, it's another.
Speaker 3: Hello, get set, We're riding on the internet.
Speaker 4: Set us free.
Speaker 2: Hello virtual Reality.
Speaker 12: Hello.
Speaker 3: Oh hi Charles, Sorry about that. Didn't know you answered. I was getting my computer set up with Weefy. Just sing my favorite song, Sketchy.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, Oh selling me.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm calling from corporate HR. My name is mona little more.
Speaker 13: Okay. That's nice to meet your out.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you too, Charles.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know if you realize I was recently hired by the company to make some changes and you're the branch manager of the Northeastern.
Speaker 2: Division, right, Yes, I am perfect.
Speaker 3: Perfect So here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna fly in next week and you and I are gonna throw a quote solar eclips party for the staff.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, you want a solar eclipse party.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have like glasses, those fun ones, you know, and popcorn, and then we'll encourage everybody to go outside to see it. And then once they're out there, we lock the doors and disabled their key cards.
Speaker 4: I don't did you hear me?
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, I did, I heard you?
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 3: Oh great, So you're down with the plan, because here's the thing, Charles, we have to downsize.
Speaker 13: Wait you're firing me?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, you you're one of the only ones we're keeping.
Speaker 13: One of the only ones.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Everyone else is gone.
Speaker 13: Oh my wait wait, I don't understand what that has anything to do with the eclipse party or whatever it is, passivity or whatever we're talking about.
Speaker 3: So that's just a way to get them out of the building and then let them know that they no longer have a job.
Speaker 13: You gotta be kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm just terrible with confrontation.
Speaker 4: But your hr you know, isn't that funny?
Speaker 3: It's not always had a hard time with those face to face one on one, so I found this much simpler.
Speaker 13: I can okay, I can understand. Conversation can be hard, but that's your job.
Speaker 3: This is what you do, and it's so efficient when you just do everybody together.
Speaker 2: My text message too.
Speaker 3: You know they'll all get that notification when they're outside tech.
Speaker 13: You can't do this by text, Are you kidding me? You need to have a conversation, an actual conversation, probably face to face. Come on, these are people that I work for. I care about some of these people.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, don't worry. Don't worry. I understand. You think it could come off as insensitive.
Speaker 3: Is we're going to include sad face emoji at the end of the text, so.
Speaker 4: Oh so they know that we feel bad.
Speaker 13: No, this is not like an emoji situation. If you're already going to fly in, have a conversation you're flying into, then text there.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right, I'm flying into help set up the eclipse party.
Speaker 2: It's really the perfect way to do it.
Speaker 3: It's's just so depressing to watch people individually leave with the boxes of stuff, you know, from their office. I'm making myself sad just talking about it.
Speaker 13: It's gonna make them sad when you do this.
Speaker 6: I don't me doing it.
Speaker 2: It's us, you and me. We're a team.
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no, no, no, we're not a team on this. This is something that you're doing and you're doing badly.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're doing this together. We'll be at the window waving. No, don't see us.
Speaker 13: I'm not in any window waving to anybody.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right, they may not see you because the eclipse or they still have those glasses on.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 13: No, that's not my point.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can crack a window and you can just yell out.
Speaker 2: Working with y'all.
Speaker 13: No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: If we don't lay them off now, we're gonna have to wait another eight years till the next one.
Speaker 13: And wait another eight years. Wait wait, wait, hold, wait another you can get yourself. Are you trying to line this up with a clutch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I only do my firings during eclipses. That doesn't make sense around the business community. Don't you see me coming go on vacation.
Speaker 4: You don't want me around.
Speaker 13: I don't understand your tone. You're so happy, you're just like pickled at the fact that you're about to ruin everyone's life.
Speaker 3: I really thank you are failing to see the creativity in all of this.
Speaker 2: I mean it's pretty brilliant idea.
Speaker 13: Yeah, firing people during an eclipse, that's creative to you. Does anyone know about this? I know about this?
Speaker 3: Oh Ty, Yeah, we're gonna let him go to but during the next illuter eclipse because we're gonna shift his hours to night time.
Speaker 13: You're gonna let Tie? Are you letting Ty go? Are you making him worth the night shift? I don't understand what this plan is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said it might confuse you, you know, when he emailed us to do this prank phone call on you.
Speaker 13: Wait wait, this is.
Speaker 3: Actually this is actually brought from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We're doing tap on you.
Speaker 13: Oh thank god.
Speaker 3: Wait did you really think we were going to fire people during the eclipse?
Speaker 13: I don't know. Said some crazy things before, and so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is a pretty good idea, though, right, they literally won't see it, got it, you know, because he's gonna be dark.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 13: I needed to thank.
Speaker 1: You, Okay, week up every morning.
Speaker 12: Was weekday morning. The twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: They say, if you have a real connection with someone, even doing the most mundane task together will still be fun, like folding folding laundry, dishes, potatoes, popping each other's back pimples.
Speaker 10: Stop it, it's fun if you have a real connection with each other.
Speaker 5: Well, one of our listeners definitely put that theory to the test during his romantic evening out Please don't it wasn't bad, but now he says, maybe their date activity was too mundane. Even Brooke called it boring, and she does book clubs. You're gonna hear what they did in your brand new second date update right after this second date update. There's two types of people that you're gonna meet in the dating world. The neurotic, uptight over planners like Brook who have to schedule out every minute of the entire evening months in advance, or they won't even have a good time.
Speaker 8: Is that true?
Speaker 3: I can't show up on time for anything, let alone like over planet.
Speaker 2: Do you not know me?
Speaker 5: Brook was literally yelling at me to put it in your schedule.
Speaker 8: Chap, put it in your schedule and you're gonna forget.
Speaker 3: You because we have to travel for work and you're not gonna show up.
Speaker 4: Okay, neurotic.
Speaker 5: And then there's the chill suave go with the flow types like me.
Speaker 4: I knew that they can make a good.
Speaker 5: Time happen with anyone in any bathroom at any truck stop.
Speaker 4: At any time. That's my promise. Yeah, yeah, it has to be a truck stop.
Speaker 5: And one of our listeners says he's also to go with the flow type, but he's worried it may have been his undoing on his date. His name is Russell, but we're going to call him Russ, and he's not going to fight us because he's chill with it.
Speaker 4: What's up, Russ?
Speaker 15: Nothing much? Yes, I am an go with the flow dude, that's for sure.
Speaker 12: Guy.
Speaker 2: Russ is just like water.
Speaker 4: What I got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Ben to every need container.
Speaker 4: We had to turn this into like a physics lest.
Speaker 8: Is the opposite of him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's let's let me lead this conversation the chill type.
Speaker 5: So, Russ, why don't you tell us about how you how you met this person that you went out with.
Speaker 4: What's her name by the way, her name is.
Speaker 1: Whitney, Okay, and how did you meet her.
Speaker 15: Well, we met at this place.
Speaker 6: I probably shouldn't say the name, but it's one of those drinking in dark places, a bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I know that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's one of those newer places that electronically keep score of the darts as you go, like you know that place pop golf. Yeah, it's like that, but for dark.
Speaker 1: So again it's just taking like old bar games and charging better, charging people more for able excess.
Speaker 4: But yeah, met Whitney there.
Speaker 15: I was there with coworkers and she was part of the group next to us.
Speaker 8: You just met her in the wild.
Speaker 2: In the wild, how did you approach her? Like, how did you guys strike up a conversation?
Speaker 6: I'm super totally naturally. Like, there's these tables between our groups and we were sharing them to set drinks on and she set hers down and I was just like said to her, how's it going?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 13: That's it good?
Speaker 2: Pickup life?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And she just leaned in and said, I'm just going really good. And she whispered to me, she said, because I'm cheating.
Speaker 2: How do you cheat at an electronic games?
Speaker 5: You're talking about darts, not about like relationships, right, funny.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Were you able to get a date out of that meeting? Or is this your one hangout?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Asked her As it was coming to a close, I was like, hey, do you want to kind of get your phone where you want to hang out sometime?
Speaker 5: And she said yes, that's awesome. So you spun that into a date a few days later?
Speaker 4: Is that what happened?
Speaker 15: Yeah? The next week?
Speaker 2: Okay, what'd you guys do?
Speaker 15: I didn't have a plan.
Speaker 6: I just said I'll come pick you up if you're comfortable with that, and we can just drive into the city and figure out something to do.
Speaker 4: Or there's a lot of truck stops outside of the city, which.
Speaker 8: Also Jim can guide you to that.
Speaker 4: You know, the city is one way to do it. Where'd you go?
Speaker 6: Well, so we drove in and I wasn't hungry, and then I asked her if she wanted to get something to eat, and she said she wasn't hungry either.
Speaker 11: Oh, never trust that you didn't You should have still bought her food.
Speaker 8: Bro, I've learned from that mistake.
Speaker 2: So what did you guys? Did you go get a drink somewhere?
Speaker 15: I was like, yeah, let's go get a drink and she's really not actually a big drinker.
Speaker 6: And it was a week night, and I was like, all.
Speaker 13: Right, so no drinking, no food.
Speaker 15: I don't want to go sit in a movie theater, you know. So we just drove around. You know?
Speaker 4: Sorry, wait, you you did what?
Speaker 15: We drove around? That's it.
Speaker 8: That was the day, just driving for how long?
Speaker 15: About an hour? And less than an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Was on like a pretty road or is this stoplight traffic?
Speaker 4: Does that make a difference to you slightly?
Speaker 6: I mean it was night and there were stop lights. There was not some scenic drive in the country. No, it was driving around in the city.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now do you regret not having a plan?
Speaker 15: Yes, honestly.
Speaker 8: She would admit it.
Speaker 4: Well, how did that night end?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Was it just driving the whole time?
Speaker 6: Yes, that's about it. But it wasn't as awkward as it sounds like.
Speaker 15: That's the thing.
Speaker 6: We were talking about our family, talking about our lives, our work, and you know, she was laughing, I was laughing. So it wasn't like as painful as it sounds.
Speaker 1: But I also I also wonder if it wasn't painful for you because you had something else.
Speaker 3: To do like drive, she's just sitting there would suggests something at that point.
Speaker 5: Maybe we ended on a high note when they finished the evening, How did you guys leave it?
Speaker 6: I dropped her off and we said we would do it again. Do that again, no, I said, I joked.
Speaker 15: And I said, you know, next time, we'll have a destination. And she was into it. You know, let's get to dinner, let's be hungry. Maybe a weekend.
Speaker 5: And since then, how many times have you driven by her house quietly? Okay, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: How long has it.
Speaker 15: Been since since that night? It's been just.
Speaker 2: Over a week, okay, and you've heard nothing or little bit.
Speaker 6: I only text her twice. She responded to the first text and not to the second one. I'm not going to keep bugging her.
Speaker 4: Yeah you can.
Speaker 2: We're gonna You're gonna let us buger.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna come back and we're going to try and play it cool and suave. But we're going to take a page out of Brooks dating life and have a little bit of a plan and ask her questions.
Speaker 12: Plan.
Speaker 5: We won't yell at her and demand that she put it in the calendar, but.
Speaker 2: It's more effective well, generally approach.
Speaker 4: Her and try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, second date update. You know what, I'm proud of our listener, Russell, because he listens to his dates and gives them exactly what they want. Whitney said she wasn't hungry, no food. She said she wasn't thirsty, no drinks. She said she didn't really feel like doing anything, and her wish is his command. They're just gonna drive around the city and talk and talk.
Speaker 4: Until they bore themselves to tears.
Speaker 8: Your wish is his command.
Speaker 2: Until she said, Okay, I think it's time to drive me.
Speaker 4: Home home exactly what he did.
Speaker 5: So why isn't our man getting a call back today? I just hope she doesn't complain that he didn't add anything up and plan out a date, because if he does, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Have to rush to his defense. Brook if that happens. Would that turn you on too much?
Speaker 5: Because I could dial back my natural heroic qualities.
Speaker 4: If that's going to be a problem, I see.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what you're ferring me to be turned on by?
Speaker 4: Ye my heroism that oozes out of my.
Speaker 2: I feel safe, Okay, Russell.
Speaker 4: Do you feel safe?
Speaker 15: I feel safe?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Russell.
Speaker 3: I mean I think we know what we're gonna hear here, but I think it's going to be easy to get you another chat.
Speaker 2: What are we going to hear here that she was bored but it was a boring date?
Speaker 4: Why do you always bring them down right before we do? Why do you always do that?
Speaker 5: I think she's gonna I think it's going to be a scheduling conflict, and she wasn't bored at all, or she's married and you were just a side piece.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm the one bringing.
Speaker 4: The moon between there. We'll find it.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's hope there's somewhere in between there.
Speaker 2: The part is actually kind of good news. It's not your fault that because.
Speaker 15: They didn't care.
Speaker 8: I don't know, did you guys kiss?
Speaker 5: We didn't because she didn't ask for a kiss. If she had asked for one, though, he would have planted one on her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's still cheating, like my husband drive for an hour with a random woman in a car that.
Speaker 4: Went Michael, if you're listening, turn the car round.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: We gotta get back to business here. We're gonna call Whitney. Let's dial her number and see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hi, We're looking to speak to.
Speaker 4: Whitney speaking Hello, Hi.
Speaker 14: Who's this.
Speaker 4: We like the sound of your voice. We're a radio show.
Speaker 5: We're a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 14: Are you serious?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Not all the.
Speaker 2: Time, but right now, Okay, we're wacky.
Speaker 4: We do try to do some fun stuff, like Alexis tell him about it.
Speaker 1: We call people good good.
Speaker 4: Good question. Because we do.
Speaker 5: This segment is called a second date Update, and that's where we try and help listeners get another date after they went out with someone one time and want to see him again.
Speaker 14: Oh okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: So one of our listeners has asked us to reach out to you specifically.
Speaker 4: His name is Russell. Oh you remember Russell. You guys like drove around the city for a while.
Speaker 2: He asked you out after you guys met at that dart bar.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 14: I was out with my sister, my best friend, her husband, and you know.
Speaker 4: Well that's great. But we want to talk about Russell a little.
Speaker 3: Bit because yeah, but we do know your sister is probably great, she's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your whole family I'm sure, But what did you think of Russell on your guys' date?
Speaker 14: He was okay, okay, he's okay looking.
Speaker 2: Oh, just call him ugly.
Speaker 4: It's better than okay. Okay.
Speaker 1: Hold on, though, Like he pulls up to your house. I mean, you'd already met him in person and agreed to the date. It's not like you didn't know what he looked like.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but I didn't know fully about him. But after driving around for an hour, I really learned a lot. And sometimes that's positive. Sometimes that can be.
Speaker 1: Negative, Okay, And it can't change the way you're attracted to someone, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: So what did you learn that changed your mind about him?
Speaker 14: He lived with his parents?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, he's co dependent on his parents.
Speaker 2: Who wait, wait, wait, wait, go hold on. I think it's pretty common.
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, I mean we've definitely heard other listeners come on the show that have said that they lived with their parents and they're saving up a lot of money so they could buy like a nice house.
Speaker 2: Sure, jobs live in between roommates.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's just so many different reasons why you would find yourself back in that position.
Speaker 5: We thought it may have been something that he did wrong on the date, but he didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 14: It sounds like, no, no, no, he didn't do anything wrong. But he needs to have his own place. He needs to be able to provide.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know we've heard that as a deal breaker and a hangar for certain people, but like, I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't want to bring that up to him during the date. You really think that's something where you would not even consider seeing him anymore because he lives.
Speaker 4: With his parents.
Speaker 14: It's a deal breaker.
Speaker 2: How come? Like, why is it for you?
Speaker 14: Because he needs to have his own money, he needs to have this stuff together just a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're like an independent woman who's out on your own, making your own life, and you want somebody that matches that energy.
Speaker 5: Again, I do wonder what Russell would have to say about that, because I need to let you know, Whitney, he is on the other line listening.
Speaker 13: He is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's another thing we do, right.
Speaker 4: You, Alexis. But Russell is there.
Speaker 6: I think, Yes, I am on the line, and I'm just it blows me away to hear you say that because one of the things I learned about Whitney is that she also lives with her parents.
Speaker 2: Wait what, Oh, yes, I do live with your parents?
Speaker 4: You do? Yes, yes, I do?
Speaker 12: Hold on, you.
Speaker 2: Mean what do you mean you live with your parents, Whitney?
Speaker 14: I mean I live with my mom and my dad. One of us needs to have our own plane.
Speaker 2: I honestly kind of get her on that. It'd be really hard to date if you both lived with your parents.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Judge somebody else for.
Speaker 15: It, typo critical, I can and I do.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what we're learning here is the reason that you're not going out with Russell is because he lives with his family, even though you also live with your family.
Speaker 4: That's a deal breaker for you.
Speaker 13: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Why, Okay, how are we going to hang out?
Speaker 3: How are we going to hang out?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 14: Where am I gonna hook dinner for? I'm at It's.
Speaker 4: Kind of sexy if you think about it.
Speaker 5: If you're like, so, do you want to go back to your mom's house or my mom's house?
Speaker 2: I could see how that would really set in for you. After you spend just an hour in his car together, exactly to spend a lot more hours and cars together.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I would have gone back with him to his house. But we didn't have anywhere to go.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh, Russell, you're staying awfully quiet during this to say to.
Speaker 6: Her, I think this is completely ridiculous, Like we should be closer to one another because we have the same situation. We're trying to get out of it. Things are crazy now and I am saving towards a goal.
Speaker 15: Okay, It's like, I just don't know why you put that on me completely. It just seems really like a double standard.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I put it on you because you're the man and you need to get this done.
Speaker 15: Yeah, okay, this is nineteen fifty.
Speaker 4: I mean, well we're coming heading back a lot of the legal ways.
Speaker 1: So if we get out of that conversation, I mean maybe Russell, you just have a better Like you have a plan of how you guys would hang out, and maybe that would change your mind.
Speaker 4: It's a good idea. We can move forward from this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, how would you guys hang out if you both live at your parents' house?
Speaker 15: Really good question, That is a good question.
Speaker 5: I mean, as the man, how would you step up and provide a place to hang out for her?
Speaker 15: I mean we could go on dates, get to know one another, and then go to the coach. You know, travel a lot. There's a lot of times where they're not going to be home.
Speaker 2: Get into a real solution Stil two point zero.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get the house to yourself one time, or if they are home, tie up bandana around the doorknob and tell mom and dad to go watch a movie.
Speaker 2: It's probably a thing in Jeffrey's house is a sad part.
Speaker 4: We've got a lot of colorful.
Speaker 2: I feel like his mom uses it more than he does.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to that room know what's happening in there.
Speaker 5: It seems like you guys have this thing common people die to find things that they have in common with people in.
Speaker 2: The dating world.
Speaker 1: If you can leave an hour hanging out in the car and still think that this is a fun person you want to be with, you may be missing out.
Speaker 4: You don't want to throw that away.
Speaker 5: That's why we'd love to offer to send you guys out on another date, to somewhere outside of both of your parents' homes, and we would pay for it. If you're up for giving him another chance, Whitney, nothing has.
Speaker 14: Changed since the start of this conversation. If he gets out of his parents house, maybe we can Tefen.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Russell, it looks like we're not going to be able to get you a second date here.
Speaker 2: Parents ruined it again.
Speaker 14: Hey, if you have any cute friends that have their own place, let no come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jose's got his own place.
Speaker 12: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: What a disappointment, man.
Speaker 5: I think she's really not seeing the benefits of this situation. Yeah, I remember hooking up at my parents' place when I was fifteen. You don't think it's going to be just as exciting when you're thirty five.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 5: No, no, I mean the parents don't hear as well.
Speaker 4: They can't run up the stairs as fast. You're able to get away with a.
Speaker 2: Lot more bl It's your curfew is probably two hours later.
Speaker 4: Not to mention free PB and jays. As many as you can eat after you're done fooling around, you have to fuel ups.
Speaker 8: Always have a stock fridge.
Speaker 3: I was always I was actually like telling her not to be so judgy.
Speaker 5: But after that, yeah, down, I actually might move back in with my parents after day. I want to make sure to follow Brook and Jeffrey and all of our social media is by the way, at Brooke and Jeffrey you can hear all of our second Date podcasts too. They're up online wherever you get yours Brooknjeffrey.
Speaker 12: Dot com Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of places that offer specialty services when different things break down. You know, like you go to it to get your computer serviced what you're saying, or you go to a mechanic to get your car service. But lately my voice has been absolutely killing me because it's all strained and craggy, and I needed it fixed. So online I asked where can I go to get my throat service? And I gotta say I could not believe how many responses I was getting in my emails. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There was total strangers though, who were generously offering to.
Speaker 4: Help you, so kind, so many experts in apparently.
Speaker 5: I just hired one at random and they said they're waiting for me out in the bathroom right now. So I'm going to go and get my throat serviced, and then I'm going to be back fully calibrated and ready to go.
Speaker 4: I'm re wait till how I sound. In my Brand News song of the Week.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you a cost.
Speaker 12: Okay, frooking Jeffrey in the morning, it is.
Speaker 4: Time for my song of the week.
Speaker 5: Let me read you some depressing news headlines, because that's always a fun way to start the morning.
Speaker 2: This is the fun part of the shows.
Speaker 4: In the news.
Speaker 5: Bird flu is on the rise, unpredictable weather patterns cause panic across the US and Europe. And then combine those two things with inflation, and what do you get egg prices soaring to historic highs right before Easter time?
Speaker 2: Is that audio of the actual Easter bunny right there?
Speaker 5: And if that isn't bad enough, there's also a cocoa shortage happening in South America right now, which means those sweeter Easter baskets.
Speaker 4: Will likely come at a bitter costs this year.
Speaker 2: Everybody's hitting broccoli.
Speaker 5: We our sugars are going down in our cholesterols getting better out of Well, that's not what the children want. Yeah, because the price of chocolate is also climbing to record highs.
Speaker 3: It's really hard to take you and your news seriously when you're wearing a giant rabbit head.
Speaker 4: I don't know why you wouldn't take me seriously.
Speaker 2: Every time you move your head, the ears flopping.
Speaker 5: I think politicians should wear this when they go to the Supreme Court or what. But the economy and world conditions are destroying this holiday.
Speaker 4: And who's the biggest victim of it all? Is it children?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, it's not children.
Speaker 5: Is it Brooke with her insatiable sweet tooth? Probably you'd think that, but normally she eats all her kids candy while they're sleeping. So no, it's the gosh darn Easter bunch. Poor guy, because at these prices, he's definitely hiding less colored eggs, delivering less colorful candy and easter baskets, and reports are that his ears are even sagging now because he's so depressed about.
Speaker 15: It, like yours.
Speaker 2: Second, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 3: It's just big baskets full of black licorice jelly beans before we go in.
Speaker 4: No, probably not even that.
Speaker 8: Oh God, he's.
Speaker 5: In a very tough spot because everybody's counting on him to come through for Easter. Yeah, but he's just one bunny with one bank account that's not that high.
Speaker 4: What is he supposed to do?
Speaker 5: That's why today I wanted to sing a song for the modern Easter buddy who has been absolutely pushed to his limit.
Speaker 4: It is going to be a rough season for him this year.
Speaker 5: That's why instead of doing the hit song by Steve Lacy, Bad Habit, It's Young Jeffrey's Sad Rabbit, Sad.
Speaker 8: I love this song.
Speaker 2: And you look like a sad rabbit. Yeah, you've got to see the video.
Speaker 5: Feel like a sad rabbit today sing This is for the Easter Bunny and his financial struggles this year.
Speaker 4: I'll point when I'm ready point financially, how do we.
Speaker 8: Easter?
Speaker 4: In this aconomy?
Speaker 16: The price of food him Berny hop to bankruptcy, let us trud this funny stood had to move read us through the boom.
Speaker 10: I had a few kids with my boom. You should have stopped that ninety two. This ain't no fun. I'm a sad rabbit hopping all around town with a bare basket. Thought hiding eggs could be my career.
Speaker 8: Had to start.
Speaker 4: An only fans this year, show some tale and had many more. That's what furries can be for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what can I do?
Speaker 4: Because kids inspect candy from me? I hope no one now.
Speaker 8: I used the off brand jolly beans. It's sad by true.
Speaker 10: I got priced out a dollar tree.
Speaker 4: The eggs ie jews.
Speaker 8: We're not a quite quote legal leg.
Speaker 17: Cadberrys ham Because I can't fudge it, I'll try.
Speaker 4: Chocolate for my speed. I've gone brown.
Speaker 15: It ain't no job.
Speaker 10: Failed worse than your marsh mad ness brackets filling eggs up with sweet and love packets. Last year's pets are still fresh. I hear got a shelf life of one hundred years hershees. I just can't afford walk of staffs and an orange hort.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did day tell you.
Speaker 10: I've been outsource to the Philipps.
Speaker 8: A eyes a crew egg hunts out done. Now RT will be.
Speaker 4: Sun by the nying on a line.
Speaker 10: Might be surprised what kids finding right out a kin?
Speaker 4: The chocolate bites inside some megs.
Speaker 10: I just put yellmets no Reese's pieces in the dowry on your LAWNA drop chocolate bricks can't swing an Easter bunny salery gone site go like the rabbit from Tricks?
Speaker 4: Who cares if.
Speaker 17: The chocolate lit you put in your mouth?
Speaker 10: Six years experade? Yeah, d eggs I buy you are half a size like a cold bappits just shrink flash.
Speaker 17: Yeah you thought those were pats on the ground, but I swamped them with pills for laxage. Yeah.
Speaker 10: This money used to have it all stood talk with.
Speaker 8: Candy so tasting.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but now I'm broken my dad by japom for financial salvage.
Speaker 5: Yeah alright, so sad Easter Bunny is sad this year.
Speaker 11: I mean I.
Speaker 3: Feel like the bunny could do some you know, get some work done on one of those foot websites or something.
Speaker 2: They got big feet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's doing all the like the naughty sides to raise as much money as possible or us. You're gonna be not hunting for eggs or hunting for painted rocks this year. Kid, Yeah, you know that's your song of the week for Eastern Texted seventy.
Speaker 4: You can tell us what you thought about it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna post the video up on all of our socials at Brooke and Jeffrey on our TikTok on Instagram YouTube with all.
Speaker 3: The lyrics there, so you can share it with your kids so they won't be disappointed.
Speaker 5: Yes, when they open up their egg and find me ow mixed inside, Yeah, they know.
Speaker 4: They know it's your song of the week. Happy Easter.
Speaker 5: Everybody try to put a positive spin on there. Your phone TAP's coming up in just a few.
Speaker 12: Minutes, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Text to seventy five nine two that says, thanks guys, I totally forgot Easter was happening early this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I need to order.
Speaker 5: Some eggs from the Easter Buddy for my kids.
Speaker 4: Hold the cat food.
Speaker 2: Aah. Yeah, it's all right. The Easter Bunny's got you. Don't worry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're not sure what you're referring to.
Speaker 5: Instead of singing the hit song bad Habit, I sing my own version called Sad Rabbit. Because of all the factors going into the holiday this year, bird flu, So all the eggs are overpriced, Yeah, the cocoa shortage means all the chocolate is super expensive.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's still gonna happen, but this is making for one sad Rabbit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of like the idea of painted rocks that you had not long ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll save you some money there. Well, we got some other texts coming in seventy five to nine two, Brook, what are you seeing this?
Speaker 2: One says, I'm sorry, it's just a little messed up.
Speaker 1: I save money every Easter by going to the cemeteries and borrowing flowers.
Speaker 2: From my loved onlood. You should try it. I've only been caught twice.
Speaker 4: All sorts of fun Easter hacks to bring.
Speaker 2: Home lilies for everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you missed the song, if you want to hear it again, it's gonna be up at the Brook and Jeffery YouTube page, on our Facebook, Instagram, and our TikTok at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 12: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Got a brand new player to the game today, Sophie the Esthetician. And Sophie listens with her seven year old daughter every single morning. They both always scream at the radio, chanting for Brooke to lose, saying lose.
Speaker 4: Lose, lose, lose.
Speaker 5: Nothing brings a mother and daughter together like a shared hatred of a female radio.
Speaker 10: That's the old school saying your nemesis, Sophie.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Hi, Sophie, Hi. I heard you coming through. I heard you squeak as soon as we picked up the phone line. Are you doing okay? Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry that you have to speak with your nemesis there for a second.
Speaker 4: I know that's tough for you.
Speaker 5: Let's go over the rules for everybody. So if you got thirty seconds, answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass, But you have to beat Brooke outright to win.
Speaker 4: Is that door closed? I think the door? Okay, yeah, it was open.
Speaker 8: A little door doesn't close anymore.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go, Sophie. Are you ready? Good luck? Your time starts now. Today is good Friday, which means what major holiday is this Sunday? How many sheets are in one ream of paper? In nineteen twenty seven, what was the first state in America to ban billboards? An archipelago is a collection or group of what I what actress played Hermione in the Harry Potter films.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my gosh.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You're gonna pass on that one. All right, Sophie, that's okay. Brooks back into the studio. And according to our producer, Sophie, you like to travel, You have concerts, you like going to the beach with your daughter, and you're hopefully going to Hawaii next week, but you're not sure.
Speaker 2: How are you not sure if you're going to Hawaii or not?
Speaker 14: Because we fly standby, so it depends on some spring break.
Speaker 2: Are you related to somebody in the airline industry?
Speaker 14: Yes, that's cool.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Now I just have a lot of questions, like do you have a hotel booked?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 2: You can't. Oh, Okay, she's not an idiot, Jeff, it's not her first rodeo.
Speaker 4: You're not sure.
Speaker 8: They're just on the.
Speaker 13: Beach now, first place to beach.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a good place to be stranded.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brooke, you're up. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Your time starts now.
Speaker 5: Today is Good Friday, which means what major holiday is this Sunday Easter? How many sheets are in one ream of paper?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: In nineteen twenty seven, what was the first state in America to ban billboards?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 2: Interesting? New York.
Speaker 5: An archipelago is a collection or a group of what islands. What actress played Hermione in the.
Speaker 4: Harry Potter films, Emma Watson.
Speaker 5: When referring to jelly belly, jelly beans red as cherry, blue is blueberry?
Speaker 4: But what flavor is the white beans?
Speaker 2: The white?
Speaker 5: All right, good work, everybody, Let's go over the scoreboard to see how y'all did with Jose.
Speaker 13: I'm defeating We're not in Kansas anymore.
Speaker 11: Sophie, you got one today, Yaho, Sophie, you knew it?
Speaker 8: Okay, hold on, Brooks.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm on standby, stand by waiting over here. Okay, is my name gonna be called?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 8: The results are in. Yeah, there you go. We got room for brook and then she got five.
Speaker 4: Smokes.
Speaker 15: You there, Sophie.
Speaker 5: But it's tough on the first time. That was a good effort. Let's go over the answers for everybody here. It's good Friday, which means the major holiday this Sunday is Easter.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: All the bunnies are pregnant. They're gonna give birth this weekend. Brug I'm Catholic. I know how this works.
Speaker 2: Okay, you were really paid attention.
Speaker 5: In one ring of paper you would find five hundred little sheets. The first state in America deband billboards was Hawaii because of the beautiful scenery.
Speaker 4: They didn't want to ruin it.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 5: An arc of alago is a collection or a group of islands. Emma Watson plays Hermione in the Harry Potter movies. And the white jelly bean is flavored like coconuts.
Speaker 2: Oh I knew, Oh you knew?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that one right, I'm just concerned of what's going on with Jeffrey's paper over there.
Speaker 2: I don't you can't see it, but it's too started.
Speaker 1: It is like a crumpled mess of it's torn, it's folded, it's chew on you like a fidget spinner or.
Speaker 8: A dog tor.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I take my aggression out on my papers rather than my coworkers. So, Sylvie, I'm sorry it wasn't an to beat Brooke today, but just for playing, we are going to give you a four pack of tickets to paw Patrol Live playing the Puget Sound region April fifty to seventeenth. It's coming to McCall hall, and you and three others can be there as they face their biggest challenge yet. For more info on tickets, go to Pawpatrol Live dot com.
Speaker 2: Oh are you already?
Speaker 1: Are you already at the airport, Sophie waiting for your play for next week?
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 5: There we go, Troffy, Thank you so much for playing. Come back and try again anytime?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 14: All right, thank you.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be back to Windbrooks Bucks same time on Monday
Speaker 12: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning