Rod: I need to be a fucking CEO. It was like I was never I was never happy just with a place, you know, so it's like when I was younger it was like I didn't I just felt like I was part of the pack or I wasn't really that aware. But then when we started the app it was like well I need I need I wasn't happy being just the a guy. Mhmm. I had to be the CEO. I had to be do you know what I mean? I had to be the top, and if it wasn't that, then I don't fucking want it.
Juan Granados: Welcome back Mere Mortalites. Today I got the chance to sit down with Brodie Casa, a coach from Brisbane. Now I'm not gonna give too much away as Brody does a fantastic job of sharing his story here. Mortalites out there. It was one quite interesting conversation, so stay tuned for the large detailed review on Brody's past, where he is today, how he's helping out many men out there through his coaching business, and much more. I hope you enjoy this conversation with Brody Casa as much. I die I did. For now, be immortalized, Brody Casa. Now I know you, Brody, a little bit. Let let's just say, like, we had a training session beforehand. Got that in. I've met you
Rod: 6 years ago now, something to that effect. Right? That time? Yes. Around about 6 or 6 years 6, 7 years. Yeah. Something like Well before the family came along. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Oh, for sure. So
Juan Granados: it has been a while, and I wanted to start with, I've asked we've talked about this a little bit initially, but I wanna know the identity of Brodie
Rod: in the sense of how would you try to explain to people at home who you are? Dude, that's that's one of the most hard hitting questions I've been trying to kinda ask myself a lot lately. It's kinda who I am. Man, I'm I'm like every other normal ass bloke in the world, and I I really thought for a long time that that was I was at a disadvantage because I was, you know, where you kind of just blended in with the crowd. I'd never through most of my life I wasn't like I never excelled it much through my younger years. I was just like normal like most people. And as I kinda grew older, I started to identify with someone who was just maybe average, who just kinda fit in and did what did what you were supposed to do. You ticked the boxes because they were there to be ticked. Yep. But never really over never really had much ambition. Never never had, much drive to do things differently. Mhmm. But I had, like, this inkling of just, like, I feel like there had to be more than, like, just being this kinda normal ass dude.
Juan Granados: What what do you like, what what age were you when you kinda had my
Rod: thought, man, so I'm going back. So when like, through childhood, definitely. Through teenagers, absolutely. High school, when that's kinda where you start to really go, wow. I'm not anything special because you started to see some guys that were really good. And I'm talking probably the comparison with men. Like, you would see women, but I wouldn't really compare myself to, you know, the girls in my class or, you know, it was more than men. It was like they were really great at sport or they were, like, academics or, you know, it would have been like their family their family had money, and it was just or they had the new buy. It was just like a constant. You started to figure out what comparison really was. Mhmm. And you could and you you would sit with that comparison. You would hold space for that comparison. Yeah. And then once we left high school, I started working for my dad. And so my dad's a a very successful entrepreneur. He's, he's he's, one of a kind human being in the in the engineering and structural mechanical and, construction space and, very big shoes to fill. And, again, when I worked for him, everyone kind of thought that I would be, like this, this crazy achiever because my father was. They were just like, oh, he's the offspring of my of of Peter Carter. So he must be brilliant. And I just wasn't at the time. I just I didn't believe that I was and when I came in and I was just like a laborer for my dad's construction company Yep. And, I in the beginning, and I remember everyone kind of not put me on a bit of a pedestal, but kinda like was like wore off. It was like a, you know, like, at this kinda don't wanna mess up the boss' son. Yep. And when I didn't really achieve much, I just like, I was smoking cigarettes with the boys. I would buy in smoker from the smoker van with the guys. I was just I did what they did because I was like, again, I didn't have any self belief, really. Mhmm. And so I would just fit in with what the crowd was doing, and this is what they were doing. True. Then sooner than not, they realized I'm just like them so they started treating me normal. Mhmm. And then, again, I reidentified with I'm a normal ass dude again. Yep. And so to answer your question, when did it change? It changed when I met, well, I not met a a a good friend of mine, unfortunately, don't speak as much anymore. He he was very, very dear in my heart, still is. He came to me with an idea. It was an app startup, and he was just he I was brilliant. I was in the aura of of him and his ability. He was a tech guy, a design guy, and he just he had all these ideas, and I just gravitated towards him. And he gravitated towards me because of my energy. Mhmm. That was one thing I kinda had. I had good energy. People liked maybe being around me, but I didn't value that as a trait worth worth noting. True. But when when I met my and I'll say am am I allowed to say his name on a podcast? You can. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. His name's Carl. And if, Carl, you're watching this dude, it's it's a lot to do with you, man. He he was really once I met him and he kinda brought me into this ecosystem of the startup space, entrepreneurship, I'd always knew that my dad was like that and my mom was like that too. My mom's an entrepreneur, but she's not sorta in this mega space. She just loves her business. She's a she's a she's got a very successful bookkeeping business, but she just kinda does the thing and she's just beautiful. My mom's awesome. The best woman on the planet. But my dad was just this, like, amazing mega. These people admired it. And so I kinda saw this and the gap from where I was to where he was. And because I was so normal, I just I felt terrible. But then when I met Carl and we started doing the start up, I was like, wow. I have a platform now. I have there's something that no one else is really doing. We were gonna build this app, and this was, like, back 1. This was back in shit.
Juan Granados: This is, like, 20 I believe it was 2018. 2018. 2017.
Rod: That sort of range. Yeah. 20, 2034. Must have been 6 years ago because I'm I went to university after that and all that kind of stuff. Must be 6, 7 years ago. You're right. And I kind of got this crazy sense of of self worth of, like, wow. I'm fucking doing something worthwhile. I'm gonna I'm gonna impress my dad. That's a rabbit hole we can certainly go there. I'm sure there's a lot of men that that have similar issues, not issues, challenges, you know. I was gonna impress him. I was gonna find the love of my life. You know, I was gonna be respected by my peers. I was gonna make all this money. I was going to have value, finally. I was gonna be out of the norm, finally. And it was such an awesome experience to kind of work with him and build this this platform. And but what I realized is when I was I think I was maybe 25 at the time. Yeah? Maybe 24, 25. I was definitely not the person neither of us were that were, and I'm sure he would say the same. We probably weren't the people that were gonna build an app startup and make it successful. I spoke to you earlier this morning when we were when we were training. Yeah. I didn't have the skill set of business. I didn't have the skill set of, of what was gonna be required to make something like that real, and I was very naive and just be like, if we build it, they'll come. Yep. And so this went on for, like, 2 two and a half years. We kept building. That's a long time. It was a long time. Bootstrapped the whole thing ourselves. Mhmm. Couldn't get probably about 2 years, maybe not two and a half. Bootstrapped the whole thing ourselves, couldn't get funding, and not that we not that we didn't try. It was just like we really thought this was gonna change the world, this app idea. And we had a prototype, like, Carl built this prototype, and my job was to sell the thing. And I didn't know what the fuck that meant. Yep. So, like, I'm like, do I go to like, how do you sell? I didn't have this skill. I also didn't have this I could talk. I could talk. I didn't really know how to persuade or negotiate, but I could just talk. I was likable. Mhmm. And Carl saw that as a trade. He was like, this guy, and the reason he even brought me into the ad was he's like, this guy's gonna help me take this to the moon. And to cut a little bit of a long story short, when yeah. 2 years in and we hadn't got any funding, hadn't even made we made $1,000 because we, we we promised this guy that we would do his content for the app. He didn't he was like, I don't wanna do any of it. He's like, will you guys do it for me? And I'm just like, yes. Yeah. Yeah. We will. Yes. We will. Fucking whatever it takes. You know, just give whatever money you can give us, so that we didn't have to bootstrap it ourselves. Mhmm. And, and so when 2 years got in and then Carl started working on other projects and I started working on other projects. I enrolled in university because it was like this I had a I had a a boxing business on the side as well. So because this wasn't making any money, I was still working a little bit for my dad. I was working I had my own little boxing business where I was because I've been I've been in the fitness space a long time as well at that point, and, I was, I was at university. So, eventually, we just started putting more energy into the other things because, like, this thing was no longer filling our cup anymore. It was the excitement and enthusiasm had started to wear off. Mhmm. We both knew it, but both didn't wanna kinda come to terms with it. Mhmm. And so we just really didn't really talk about it. And the the organism, the app was dying. The business was dying. We had a full on company. We were paying ASIC fees. Like, it was real, but nothing was happening. And that's when, 2 years prior was like, wow. I'm gonna make it. I'm gonna be this. This is gonna be the thing. This is gonna be the thing It does it. It's gonna put me on the map, and I'm just gonna change the world. So then fast forward 2 years, and I think my self worth was at its lowest was because, wow, I failed again. I'm an I'm just a no and then I went back to work. And I was like, wow, I can't do this. I can't figure this part out. Mhmm. I didn't know why. I wasn't very self aware at the time. I hadn't really done much personal development. I hadn't really asked for help. I hadn't got any coaching. Mhmm. And it was it was real okay. I guess around maybe the age of 25, 26 was really difficult time because Carl started to excel a little bit more in the startup space. Okay. Because he was a great he he and to this day, we don't talk as much anymore. I'm not sure what projects he's working on now, but he's a great designer. Like, a graphic designer. Like, one of the best I've seen, especially when it came to tech. So, like, user interface, user experience. He was brilliant at that. So he started to and through through the the, building of Dora, that was the the name of the app, we met people, like, in the startup space. We would go to startup nights and all this kind of stuff. So he kinda lent on that network, and started and got offered a a really cool, job, a full time job as a graphic designer for a startup, a a funded startup. Yeah. So and so I was so happy for him. I really, really was. That destroyed me. Fucking destroyed me, Juan. Mhmm. Because he could do it and I couldn't. You know, he could do it and I couldn't couldn't figure out why.
Juan Granados: And so then this We just just quickly on that one. Where was the pressure building do you feel? Like largely, it is an internal pressure that you're talking about around, hey, I've I've made it or not made it, and we'll get along to you've helped other people in terms of coaching that as well. But where was the driving factor that you're talking about there? Was that the direct comparison to your dad? Was it friends that you were seeing succeed? Where was the probably the more overwhelming pressure coming from around kind of dictating externally what success looks like? Where, yeah, where it was coming. So
Rod: that's a really good question. The overarching pressure came from my father. And it's not like he was like in my face all the time about it. It was it was just I knew what he was and who he was and the shoes that he'd filled and it was I'm his only son. I have all I have 3 younger sisters. I'm his only son and I'm the oldest as well. It was a self proclaimed pressure, but there were times in my in my younger life I'm actually working, know, doing a lot of internal work at the moment where it's it is uncoming that, there was pressure there in certain situations I'm remembering as a child. But it was not like my father was just like, fucking, you're a piece of shit. You know, you need to do this stuff. He was a brutal boss because when I worked for him as well, remember, I worked for him as a as a laborer. Ended up becoming a crane driver and all this kind of stuff through there, but he was boss first, dad second. So the relationship that fostered was like this pressure that you you need to do something, son. Yep. So that's where the overarching part was. But then what really will, you know, build breadth in that gap, what widened that gap in my mind from, like, well, I'm kind of worthless and not good at anything to, like, where everyone else is was I started I I was hanging out with, like, kinda successful people. And and, like, well, not success, like, for our age. Like, we had guys that were starting businesses in their twenties, and this was before everything, like, in COVID happened where now everyone in there who's 16 is starting a business. Like, we were kinda early in the piece starting businesses in our early twenties, so we kinda felt like we were different. Yeah. And so the different people would hang out with the different people. But it's like and and I figured out this well late. I started to see everyone else kind of succeed at things And my measure of success is was was, still to a degree that I'm working through, was always money. Because my dad is very financially driven as well. And so it was like, how much money did you make? You know, like, how much money are you making? What could you make? What are you buying? What are you doing? Like, what are you doing with money? And so I started to see all these people, all these my peers and peers of peers, where I just started to feel like maybe I didn't fit in here either. Yeah. Because, like, they were doing these things and they were moving into nicer apartments and they were buying nicer cars and all the things that you think is success if you're from a place where I came from and what my my perspective was at the time. But the the the to answer your question, it was it was that part where they started to succeed and I just seemed to lag a little bit. Mhmm. And then that's where it got quite kinda dark for me for for a little while is I really started to feel like a failure. I really started in my mid twenties and I had, like, this quarter life crisis. I'm sure a lot of other people do, especially men in, ambitious men. I I had ambition. Like, I had a lot of ambition. It's just like this fucking failure to launch. I just couldn't find it, my vehicle Mhmm. To take me there. And I realized I realized there was one big crucial fucking element for anyone watching this. This is have a have a have an internal look at your life. One of the main reasons like, I have success now and I look forward to telling the story, but the reason that I that I can really identify back then was I was doing too much at one time. Right. Focus, Juan. I was working on my app startup. I would had a boxing business. I was working in construction, and I started university. Mhmm. Few things. Four very energy demanding things in my life that were all getting at a maximum 25 percentage. There was no fucking wonder none of them worked. There was no wonder none of them really succeeded. You know, looking back in hindsight, which is a beautiful thing, and you looked at it and you went, wow. Of course. It's so nice. And so that was that was a catalyst that I kinda realized and what I really take forward in my life now and I tell all of our clients and all of my friends and family, like, your plate your plate your your bandwidth, you have the same amount of real estate in your brain as everybody else. The guys and the the girls and the people that you admire probably have their focus fucking dialed. They are really good at allocating their their focus, you know, their time. Whereas I was trying to do just so much and then I was just and then I didn't know what to do because you're not getting good at anything. Do you know what I mean? Like Yeah. You're just kinda half assing everything. Doing a little bit of the app, so I'm learning a tiny bit of fucking marketing, and then I'm doing construction, so I'm, like, getting a little bit better as a crane operator. Totally fucking Mutually exclusive things. Yeah. The skills that you're building there probably not not No. Then I got really good with holding pads for boxing clients, and then I was also learning finance and mathematics. Not really. There wasn't really much cohesion in what I was doing in terms of the skills that I was trying to acquire. Acquire. Not that I realized that skills is what I needed to build at the time, but, yeah, it just it was it was a fucking recipe for disaster. And and and during that time and let's
Juan Granados: let's go into the darkness a little bit, that period of the quarter life crisis that you were talking about then. Can you recall can you recall going into that sort of stage of your life, what your why was at that time for doing the things you were doing? So when you were doing 5 things at the same time, was the why simply I wanna be successful and successful here means I need to be making enough of an income and doing the things that I need to to whatever fulfill whatever that measure is. Is that what the why was? It's it's like you being on my shoulder. Well, exactly.
Rod: It's not even more complicated than that. I needed to be successful to feel self worth. I needed to I needed to find a way to make money through and, dude, to be honest, it probably sounds egotistical as shit. Like, my my my family has money. It's not like we were struggling. I never struggled in my life. I never felt the the effects of poverty or misfortune financially. It's the I don't know where it kinda came. I'm sorry. I just I know exactly. It came from my father is because that's what he valued so much. I was like, that's what I inherently became like valued from such a young age that you do not matter to anybody unless you have success. And success in the way that I was taught and what I saw was through financial. Financial and respect. And my dad is a he's an old we're Italians. Right? I don't know if you can tell from my nose on this camera. Right? We're old school Italians. My dad is a very big, heavy, very, very, well respected but also direct Italian. Right. And so the the there was there's fear strikes fear into people. Mhmm. And not that he intentionally does this. You know? If my dad ever watches this, which I don't think he's in the podcast or maybe he's not, maybe he won't, but, he has this ability to do that. And so I would see that. I was like, wow. I've gotta do that too. I need to be I need to be a fucking CEO. It was like it was like I was never I was never happy just with a place, you know? So it's, like, when I was younger it was like I didn't I just felt like I was part of the pack. I wasn't really that aware. But then when we started the app, it was like, well, I need I need I I wasn't happy being just the a guy. Mhmm. I had to be the CEO. It had to be do you know what I mean? It had to be the top, and if it wasn't that, then I don't fucking want it. And or it doesn't matter. It's not important enough. So you literally hit the nail on the head. The why was the darkness came from, wow. You've tried and in hindsight, you tried for 2 and a half, 3 years, and you tried a couple of different things. You're finding your fucking feet in your twenties, and everything feels like it's an it's an absolute, you know, catastrophe, the world's ending in twenties. But in the moment Absolutely. It was very valid to me, but the darkness really came from when these things weren't working. It was like everything that I was trying wasn't working. I'd failed at personal training. That's like, when I was younger, I tried to be a personal trainer, failed at that, and I was working with my dad. Did we didn't really amount to much there. The app didn't amount to much there. Or like, I started the car cleaning business with a with another mate who again The gym cleaning business? The gym cleaning business. I think that was also when I when when I were talking back then. He's hyped and or it doesn't matter. It's not important enough. So you literally hit the nail on the head. The why was the darkness came from, wow. You've tried and in in hindsight, you tried for 2 and a half, 3 years, and you tried a couple of different things. You're finding your fucking feet in your twenties, and everything feels like it's an it's an absolute, you know, catastrophe, the world's ending in twenties. But in the moment absolutely. It was very valid to me, but the darkness really came from when these things weren't working. It was like everything that I was trying wasn't working. I failed at personal training. That's like, when I was younger, I tried to be a personal trainer, failed at that, and I was working with my dad. It didn't really amount to much there. The app didn't amount to much there. Or, like, I started the car cleaning business with a with another mate who, again The A gym cleaning business? The gym cleaning business. I think that was also when I when when I were talking back then. He's hyper successful. A buddy of mine, Nathan, one of the most awesome human beings I've ever met. Again, had very similar traits to my father. Mhmm. Very very success driven, very well respected, very hardworking. With nothing would ever stand in his way. I was like, how the fuck do I be like that? Mhmm. That's what it's gonna take. But I just wasn't. I wasn't that kind of person. And as I, like and it's funny in hindsight. Now I realized maybe that that that's this has become my superpowers. I'm not like that. That's why that's why I found that's why I found success now. So I stopped trying to be like them and I More like you. More like me. And well, what happens? You fucking end up finding what you need. Mhmm. But it was dark, dude. It was I never found I don't ever think I went to, like, suicidal thoughts. It wasn't that dark for me in turn because I had so much love still. My family loved me. I had a girlfriend at the time who who was amazing. I I had this love and appreciation. I was I was I have nice guy syndrome, so I was liked by a lot of people. I had a lot of friends. So it's not like it's not like I didn't feel love for people. It was just I just I couldn't find a sense of self worth. Mhmm. And this went on for a long time. It changed. Something changed when I stopped everything. I stopped everything. The app failed. I told my dad that I didn't wanna be in construction anymore because I just it was just never gonna be for me. True. And PT, I just kind of kept on the side to, like, because I just loved fitness. I'd always been a healthy and fit dude and I just had this little PT business. I had a couple of clients. Yep. I went balls in on university. So my dad said to me once, and and I do I do really thank him and love him for this, is he said until you figure it out until you figure out what the fuck you're doing, go to university because university and I I I firmly believe this as well. University is a way for you to bide your time until you can figure out what it is you truly want. And that's just my opinion. I might get flack for that, but it is it was 4 years where it was like I don't I don't have to face the real world yet. Mhmm. It was I know exactly what the parameters were. I need to study all this kind of Mhmm. And then then it, the the yeah. University was where it changed. I was really fucking good at it. I was really damn good at it. Why do you think that was? Focus. Right. Focus. I did nothing else but study. I had to study finance and mathematics. And I just I was I went to every lecture. Mhmm. Right? When you don't have to I was a mature age student. I was, like, 25 going into university. All these other kids are 18. And so that was a little bit of a bridge to get over, but then I would go to every lecture. I would go to every tutorial. I would go in on weekends. I would study, I would study, I would study. And I fuck you not, Juan. Like, I don't know if you know how the universities you probably do. Right? The university system has a GPA and I'm sure I have 7. Like, I got straight sevens. Straight fucking sevens. Right? For three and a half years, there was one one lecturer that gave me a 6. Otherwise, my my GPA would have been 7.0.
Juan Granados: Yeah. So he he was staring you at the face, focus all of a sudden providing to you the success that you were almost lusting for for such a long time. Correct. And the other kids, the stew the other students in this in my classes were just like, I was this
Rod: mythological creature that was just brodie's gonna change the world in financial markets. I was really I was really damn good at portfolio construction and mathematics. Right. Like, just understanding how to mitigate risk in portfolios Right. In portfolio construction. Again, at a university level. Mhmm. Like, I'd I'd never I hadn't been an analyst or anything, but I was just from the university perspective, I was excellent at that real component. And so everyone was asking for my help for the first time in my life, bro. Yeah. Everyone was like, can you, can you teach me? Can you help me? Can you, I was getting I was getting kids groups of like 10, 12 kids come in on a Saturday because I said, I will go through this for 1 hour. Yep. But I'm gonna do it on a Saturday. I would on their in their own time would give me coming in. And and get tutored by me more or less. Mhmm. Because I knew what I was doing, and I could teach.
Juan Granados: At at that point. Right? So one of those Saturdays, you're there. You got 10, 12 people sort of coming in for you to, help them out. Did that at that point in time feel like success? Because, again, coming into a darker point where you said success was by monetarily, maybe financially driven through those seeing other people, here was success in the sense of maybe slightly different, right? There's people,
Rod: not the adoring fears, but there's people respecting or understanding the value that you're providing to them. Did that feel like success at that point? It introduced me to different levels of success. It different sorry. Different level, different types. Yep. I was so fixated my whole life that success meant finance, that success meant monetary, that success meant respect. And I can never understand. I would look at, like, people who didn't have money who were so happy. I was like, they just don't they just don't know what they don't know. Poor people, like, fucking fuck them. Yep. Like, I just had this perspective, dude, from it from innately from a young age. Once that happened and I the universe made my period of university, it opened my eyes too well. I exactly as you said. I didn't know if it was success, but, fuck, I felt good. It was the first time in my life where everything I was like, I was average. Remember, I'm average my whole life. I I believe that. I believe that I am average. All of a sudden, I'm above average. Mhmm. Right? But I'm above average, not because I'm making money, but because I'm helping people. Honestly, like, this was the catalyst. The university was the catalyst for me to want to help people. Mhmm. Because it was the only thing I was really damn good at. Yep. But I didn't know that because my whole fucking life, I was never helping people. I was pulling cry levers in a crane. I was, you know, trying to figure out sales and marketing and shit in an app. Yep. The only other thing I was really good at was personal training and group fitness, which I did in the background my whole life, but I just never I never thought that fitness and health could ever be a worthwhile shoot. Get you to yeah. Get you down the top and you were looking for fucking never gonna get me there. But that was my interpretation. I was like, how can you be a PT and make heaps of money? And they were like, because there's a 1000000 people and you're always gonna be in the gym and there's so I didn't I didn't ever give that weight. I did it my whole life because it always just brought me a little bit of income, but I never believed in that pursuit. That university period in my life was where everything started to change. So now I'm like now I'm fucking well, so I started uni at 25. I must be 28 now. Mhmm. 3 years ago. 3 years COVID. 4 years ago. I finished university. Yep. Finished you at a university 3 months before COVID came in and shut everything down. So I graduated in December of 2020 and then oh, sorry. In December of 2019. Sorry. And then COVID the world shut down in March 2020. So I'd graduated uni.
Juan Granados: Going into the financial markets with, you know,
Rod: ideas for coming into the into play. And for the first time, like, self belief. I'm like, well, I'm I'm become good at something. And I I've been trying to think back on it now. I was like, was I very ego filled? Was I was I was I was I a bit of a prick? I didn't think I was because I worked for a boutique firm. Mhmm. I I had my friends and stuff like that, but I and because I wasn't making heaps of money, it's not like I was just, like, going I'm fucking smarter than everybody else or whatever, but I really felt my place in the world was, like, becoming. I was establishing. And it's not all sunshine and rainbows. Don't get me wrong. They they were it came down. It came crashing down, even recently, which which is, which has been probably the most profound change. But I got this job in financial markets at a boutique firm with a guy named Steve and he is the coolest dude ever. I lucked the fuck out. I did work experience for him at the end of my university degree and he brought me in and said that I could have a job. So I had a graduate role and, like, I don't know I don't know if you know much about it. Did you go to university? I did. Of course you did. So you know what this is like. Getting a grad job was like everyone wanted 1. Yep. And so I had one as well. So, again, my cup's getting more Yeah. Yeah. Brody, you are crushing it for the first time in your life. And it was it was just so funny. It was like you worked your whole life. So you worked for these 4 years, sacrificed everything. I got the best GPA I possibly could. I was runner-up valedictorian. No. He okay. Right. Yeah. So I was really I get I was in the ballot for valedictorian. I was like I said to my mom, I was like, I might be the fucking ducks of this damn school. I might be, and, unfortunately, I didn't, but that was that was fine. It was it was amazing. Right. So you'd work your you do university degree, graduate, and then you get a full time job and you're like, wow. I'm an adult. Like, I'm 28 27, 28. I'm on, like, 55 k. Mhmm. I was like, oh, shit. It's just, like, cool. Mhmm. It's like I got this awesome job with this awesome boss. I'm doing really cool because it was a boutique firm. I was like it was not like I was a shit kicker. I was doing like, I was writing portfolio analysis. I was right running, like like, all kinds of I became like a power planner, which is someone who writes financial, financial reviews, like financial reports for financial advisers' clients. So the financial adviser meets with all clients and all this kind of stuff, and then you would then write them a report, their annual or whatever, their biannual report of how their portfolio has done it. So I was doing some really big stuff that you wouldn't do in your 1st fucking year. Yep. You were there yeah. Having an opportunity to do Having an opportunity and learning from someone who'd been in the game a long time. Steve was brilliant and still to this day, I have a lot of love and admiration for him. And, then COVID happened. And what what was so profound about that experience was I was a new kid, right, with a with, like, in the whole world, shit itself. Mhmm. And financial markets, if you know anything about financial markets, anybody watching this, you would know that on the 23rd March, life changed forever and the markets shut down, right? And so for a market to shut down, for them to stop trading, it has to be catastrophic. And I'm sitting here at work as a new financial adviser. Like, I'm not a financial adviser. I'm just an like, I'm just a little financial adviser's assistant. Mhmm. Just to be a financial adviser, you gotta go on and do further study, and you just watched. And my boss, Steve, is just in fucking awe, but the the the crazy part was in that experience, I learned so much incredible things in, like, 12 months because the world shit itself and I understood what companies were succeeding through this period, what companies were failing, how people were positioned with their cash, with their assets, with all these kinds of different nuance of, like, what was making the successful successful and what was weening out these other players. But the other part was in the role that I was working for for Steve, we would meet clients all the time. That's what a financial advisor does. You manage people's money. I'm sitting at a table just like this with dudes worth a $100,000,000, and I'm giving them feedback about their football portfolio. And Steve's like, he's he's awesome, man. He was, like, inviting me in. Like, do you have any questions for, you know, for Juan Brody? And I'm, like, sitting here just sort of go, you know, do what to ask, but then, eventually, my confidence. I wanted to ask questions about business. And so I started to learn a little bit more just about, like, how these how the successful were becoming successful, But this amazing experience that I was on came to an end at the end of 2020 because I just felt like I wasn't in the right place. I was wearing a suit to work every day and that was never me. The horizon, and you and I spoke about this earlier, the the linear progression of salary in a corporate world, it's like you gotta be exceptional at what you do, know somebody, or do, like, insurmountable amounts of of of extra study to get extra qualifications to progress in a nonlinear fashion, to jump. Otherwise, it's like 55 k, 60. It's bounded. It's bounded and progressive and in a linear fashion. Correct. And I saw and I looked at this, and I was meeting all these people who had success, and they all had businesses. And so I'm sitting here managing the business owner's money, but I'm not the business owner. And it was like this it's like something just didn't compute. I was like, what? I'm I'm in the wrong place. Like, if I wanna be the because my ambition never left. It's not like I didn't still want the financial and the success. It was just I was kind of content with, like, I'm helping people. I'm learning. I really took a seat and I was like, alright. I need to learn skills. It was, like, kind of Alex Lamosie was coming on the scene. It's like it hit home about skills are what you need and all this kind of stuff. And so I was like, right, I'm gonna learn skills and but, yeah, at 12 months in, I just went, I don't think this is for me. I just don't think ended, like, through tears. I'm an emotional person. Like, I'm born in July, man. I'm with cancer. I wear my heart on my sleeve. It was a really emotional time because I had this boss, this opportunity and, like, every I went to uni for 4 years and it was the one thing I was good at and it was like, you're about to throw all of this away, Brody. The great boss who cares for you is like the father. It's and my dad won't even if he ever watches this, won't be upset that it was the father that I never had because he was very nurturing. My father's not nurturing. He's straight down the fucking line. Steve was so nurturing, loving, and caring. I had consistent income. It wasn't a lot, but I had consistent income. I was good at my job. I was valued. I had a lot of responsibility. I was helping people as well. All of these amazing things that I thought I wanted and, you know, the sunk cost fallacy. Mhmm. I spent 4 years studying for this bike. No way could I get away from this. I was like, what are you doing? 4 years of your life, you're gonna throw this away, dude? Like, how could you? It was one of the most hardest things I've ever had to work through in terms of problem solving in my adult life. And I remember quitting the day in tears and Steve's in tears, and it was just it was hard because the support of my now fiance, Tash, who is the best person on Earth. Right? She is every she's the reason that I have had any success in my life, and I devote all of it to her. She's never heard me say this, so if she ever watches this podcast, she's gonna have a smile ear to ear. But she gave me the courage to quit. She supported me through the through the finishing of my degree Mhmm. And working for Steve and doing she she was the one who's like, you need to you need to work on these skills because you're jumping from thing to thing and all this kind of she was she would support me in whatever I did, but she was also the rock. I I had this anchor now. She was just my girlfriend at the time, but she was this anchor that was just like she was very consistent with what she did. She works in recruitment now. She's actually just started her own company, which is amazing, but she was she was always very consistent with what she did. So she kinda gave me this, like, gravity that I needed at the time, like, see something through first Yeah. And then make the decision. But she was also the one that pushed me out of Steve. She's like, you're not congruent. You're not in the right place. This isn't you. You're too good at at helping people and, like, you love, like, health and fitness and you love being outside. You don't you don't you don't wear a suit every day. It's not new. Mhmm. And so I was coming home, like, you know, I had a good day at work, but I was also, like, not fulfilled. And so I'm living with my girlfriend and she's just like, I would talk to her about, like, maybe I should do something other than that. I can't do it. Don't don't worry about it. And then she eventually, she goes, Brody, fucking quit. I think don't be stupid. What am I gonna do? She I'm like, she's like, fuck it. She's like, you still have it because when I was making the 55, 60 k a year, I had to go and do some boxing Yep. To sub subsidize the income that I was just not making, so I had, like, 3 or 4 clients. Funny but was during COVID, when the whole world shut down and gyms shut and all of this kind of stuff, there was this weird gray area that Palaszczay just let people in Queensland do which was you can do 1 on 1 outdoor PT and not have no mask and you're allowed to do and the cops can't arrest you and all this. So I was already doing this, like, 4 clients that I was seeing on a weekly basis. It wasn't until I was, like, ready to leave Steve's at the end of 2020, there was this there was this get like, I shoulda in hindsight, I was like, I shoulda fucking started earlier, but I just didn't have all the courage. But when I quit Steve, Tasha's, like, goal in boxing. Goal in. She's like, we lived in Kaguaro Point, which is where I met you. Mhmm. And I was boxing at Kangaroo Point Cliffs. Mhmm. Right? And so I had this area that was just, like, kind of untouched and it was a main thoroughfare between the north side of Brisbane and the south side so I could have clients, anybody who lived in any part of Brisbane because we're Right. Wasn't good there. It wasn't like it was, like, in the sticks that people wouldn't travel to. It was central. It was fucking central as. And so I'm kinda sitting there and Taz told me to quit and I quit and then I shit the bed, like, I've never shit the bed in my life. I've never had so much panic, anxiety, stress. I didn't sleep for a week. But then I just this was like, I I I literally had a look at it just before we got on this podcast. The very first video I ever posted was in my one bedroom apartment. Tash and I had to move out of everything. So when I quit my job, we had to move out of the place that we were in, move into a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 car park unit for $300 a week between us. It was the smallest place we'd ever lived in and we loved it. We fucking loved it. But it was, like, Juan, it was no bigger than it was, like, probably twice the size. I'm not shitting you, bro. It was twice the size of the room we're in right now. Wow. The whole room. The bedroom was in the kitchen. The bathroom was next to the the balcony. Like, it was just it was the smallest thing you'd ever seen, but it was all we could afford and it was central so that Tash could get to work because she worked in the city and And you can do it. And I could do this boxing thing. And so I started making videos. All of a sudden, I started making I was like, okay. Fuck. I've got, like, 3 or 4 clients. I'm making, like, a $150 a week. Mhmm. Cash. Cash. I was making a $150 a week cash at the age of 28. Yep. No way. Whichever way you split that up Doesn't matter who the fuck you are, dude. Yep. It's like, okay, dude. You either have to make this work or we're kinda fucked. Kind of you you always knew that you had and and this is where I'm blessed. I'm so blessed, and I I I really do need to take this in because my family like, it's like you knew that if everything went to shit, you had family because there's a there's a back snow. And so I kinda took out of the with a level of rip, but I never relied on that. Like, never never in my fucking life, even to this goddamn day, that I've never relied on anyone else or wanted to rely on anyone else. My dad has always helped us where when we were kids, but in my outer life, it's like, no. I wanna do this on my own. So that was just, like, out of the question. But you knew you knew you could possibly take just maybe a little bit of an extra risk than maybe someone who doesn't have that advantage, to maybe do something like this. So we went all in. I started making videos on Instagram. They're fucking terrible. And, dude, if I bring them up, like, if you scrolled right back through my Instagram, I have my old iPhone, like, 11, and I'm sitting there in front of a whiteboard, and I have no idea between, like, aspect ratios and shit. So I'm shooting it in wide when I should be shooting it here. Where my face is this big and you can't see the writing that I'm putting on a whiteboard and I'm doing these things like this, trying to demonstrate that I know what I'm fucking doing. And it's like, come come and do some boxing shit. Come this is the you know, this is how, you know, a dentist and triphosphate works. Like, this is, like, all these other things because I was just fascinated. Fitness was one thing that I just was You had grew up. I was just I was really good at it. It's just one thing I maintained. We did we did You would probably remember this. You and I are the same as you remember the brush. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. All of our mates were hell into fitness when we were younger. Like, we wouldn't train all year for music festivals.
Juan Granados: Bodybuilding.com forums. Copious
Rod: amounts of steroids. And for no reason, you have no idea what the fuck you're doing, but you just wanna egotistically impress every other bloke at a music festival and just pick chicks. And so we all did that. Everyone I knew, everyone to this day that is still my friend from back then did that. We were all there. The difference was is as they grew older, I maintained the level of fitness. Like, I we stopped steroids. Like, that was just a phase that we did for 12 months, but we did. I maintained gym. I maintained fitness. I started running. I I was like, I was and this came down to, again, self worth. It was like one thing that I kind of had was, like, I looked good all the time. I was, like, I wanted to maintain that because I didn't really have much else, so I was, like, I might as well be the fit dude. Yep. So, you know, fitness was just something I maintained the whole time. And, boxing business took off. Holy fuck, dude. Boxing business took off. I mean, it was what? 5 from, like, 4 to 5 to, what, 40 people. Fucking 38 people, some shit. Like, I was I was doing, like, 6, 7 these are all half an hour sessions, right, for $50 a session, right, at at some point. So, again, I'm making a $150 a week for like a month, bro. Like, where where it's so far in the red, like, I had to sell my Hilux, and buy a Holden Barina, like, we we consolidated our lives, Tash and I, like like fucking crazy people. We went from, like, not lavish and we're not lavish at all. We're very frugal, but, like, even the frugal shit, bro. Like, it was, like, what can we fucking sell? It was like we got rid of any bit of furniture that we could sell on marketplace and went for flat pack stuff from Ikea. It was like and that didn't even make us much money. It was just like, what could we get rid of? Little bit extra. It's a little bit. Like, fucking that'll do us $30. Fucking that'll do us 50. And it was just crazy. It was just like it it's it's the same. There's a there's a meme and it sounds so funny. It's like you'll you'll, like, you you'll never out hustle a crackhead because if when they need their fucking fix, bro, you will do whatever the fuck it takes. Yep. And you will. You will. And your back's against the wall, man. It's like we made it work. Mhmm. So from a $150 a week to, like, I'm making $2,000 a week cash. Cash. Oh, killing it, Brody. Where the fuck is and because previously to that, I wasn't I was making, like, $700 a week as a financial adviser's assistant. And so for years, for, like, 3 or 4 years, bro, I'm, like, making under $1,000 a week. Mhmm. And then all of a sudden, 2 grand. 22100, 23, 24, whatever the fuck it ended up being, all cash. I thought I was raw in the system. Yep. Tatsmith is probably gonna watch this and go, you little motherfucker. But it was it was just this place where I was like, wow. And it was during COVID when everyone was shit Yeah. When everything's gone wrong. I'm sitting pretty. I'm sitting real damn pretty. And then Christmas of 2021? 21. This is where the it got probably the darkest it ever got for me doing. It's funny, but it's just I feel like everyone is like The rollercoaster of life. Yeah. Bro. It is just that. But it's like the more, the more I started to achieve, it was like the more the the more the the the the the, what's the expression? The more the the mountains started, like, the more I started to climb and achieve, the the deeper the valleys were too. Do you know what I mean? It was like well, in the early days, it was like my losses were kind of like whatever the fuck. I didn't really have much. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. The more you made, I was like, why am I gonna have, like, 2, 2 and a half grand a week? And then Christmas happened. Yep. And the precipice, you see it over the you see come over the hill. You go And you don't you never know where that climax is. You never know when it's the day or the night week or the month or whatever the fuck it is. Yep. Everyone goes on holidays. It was my 1st year in business. It was the first business I had that ever made a dollar at an ABN that was making money Yeah. But I was declaring nothing because I was cash. There was a little bit. I had, like, 1 or 2 dudes on direct debit so that I could just write everything off through the business. True. Right? I'm like, I'm talking my gym memberships. I'm talking fucking supplements. Hey. I don't even know. Christmas 2021 comes around. Everyone goes on holidays. My whole roster gone from, like, I'm talking bro in this space of, like, I think it was 10 or 11 days, and I remember saying this detached because I'm, like, I'm, like, hyperventilating. It went through 0 right before Christmas. I was a good saver. Right? And I always like managed to keep the things, but I also like I I made sure that that year where we sacrificed everything, I was like, I need to prove to my wife. I call her my wife. She's my fiance. She was my girlfriend at the time, but for the sake of the podcast, every time I say wife, it's just Tash. Yep. I had to prove to Tash that we're gonna be okay, so I started to just regain the things in our still we still lived in a $300 a week unit. We didn't upgrade yet. And, and we just started to replace a few things. So, like, our cost of living went up a little bit, very marginal, but a little bit, and then everything went to 0. And I sat there over that Christmas, man, and we had we we we'd had a we booked a beautiful Christmas away. Trying to remember where we went. I think it might have been the Gold Coast because we were living in Brisbane. I think we went away. Or we maybe went to Mareeba on my grandpa. My nonna and Nonna on my father's side live in Mareeba. It might have been there. Anyway, the worst Christmas I'd ever had on record. And not for any reason. It was a wonderful Christmas with family and friends and It was just like me. Stress. Mhmm. You're coming back to nothing, dude. You didn't have anyone on fucking direct debits. You had no contracts. Yep. Like, you had Like, it might be 0 for the next month. 0 for the next and what you believe being someone as as catastrophically minded as I am is, like, you're you're That's it. Next month. No one's coming out. You fucked up. I made a decision in December. I was like, I'm never gonna be this vulnerable again. I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I'm never gonna be this vulnerable again. And I sat there and I didn't realize it at the time. I did this thing that, a mentor of mine that I've had recently, he calls it a think week. No devices, no distractions, no people. He just goes and sits in a fucking forest, like, in a cabin. He's a very successful dude. He'll go buy an air rent an Airbnb for a week and just go think for a week. He calls it a think week. I did, like, a think long weekend. Yep. No Tash. No friends. No family. I sat there, dude, with a whiteboard in front of me, and I remember this. And I'm a methodical person, but I sat at this whiteboard, I reckon, for 36 hours, nothing was on it. But I still sat there, and I fucking remember it, dude. I sat there and then eventually, I just I thought back to when I sat there with Steve in these boardrooms with these fucking successful clients, and I listened to all of their businesses. And they all had high capital businesses, like, all this, and I was like, it's not okay. I don't have the capital. So I was like, right. Fucking rule that out. And then there were these other guys that had, like, these supplement companies. Again, high capital. Get fucking the like, it was just then you had people do it. Real estate can't fucking afford the real estate. So I just kept kinda going, what type of fucking thing? And then I remember we had this Internet entrepreneur. Right? And he did digital marketing. It wasn't even him. He was super, like, brilliant, but he had, like, a fucking $900 or some shit in his portfolio that I managed his money, and I I he was just in digital marketing. And I was also working in fitness at the time. Right? So I remember, like, I'd met all these people in group fitness spaces. So the clients that would come and I would, like, teach it, like, the f 45 at Newstead. My body fit at Newstead Newstead, Tenerife being, like, there's a lot of money there. So clients there, I was like, what do you do? What do you do? A lot of them had online businesses, and this is now 2021. I was like, okay. It's gotta be online. Oh, it's gotta be online, and it's not gonna be PT because you can't fucking do face to face you can't do PT Zooms. Mhmm. I tried that. I I really had to scale, still a ceiling, still captain. I realized that in the boxing business. There was only so many boxing things you could do. But I was like, okay. I'm gonna be I'm gonna be an online nutrition coach. Right? The one thing that I was always fascinated my whole life was nutrition and optimality. Like, I'd always, like, biohack my own body, but I was like, okay. I can I'm gonna find a way to commercialize the shit that I've done my whole life for 10 years with my body. I'm sure I'll find a way to commercialize it. That meant nutrition. It's like, that's my little USP, my unique selling point. 2021 rolls around. The PT, I had, like, a couple of clients come back, but I maybe was making, like, 1 or $500 a week at this point. Okay. I still built that back up, like, a little bit more. It was good. Got it to a point where I wasn't freaking out, but I also knew it's, like, Christmas is fucking 11 months away. It's gonna happen again if you don't fucking do something now. Yeah. And so I just built this I Coach Brody Carzer, which is what the brand was up until very, very, very recently Mhmm. Was my boxing business, and I decided that I was gonna run this online nutrition thing. And so I reached out to every single person I'd ever met, every person. Like, this was the most hustle I've ever done. I messaged, I would say, 3,000 people over the space of, like, 2 or 3 months. Every person that I'd ever met who knew that I was a fit dude, all my old friends, all the people that I'd ever PT'd out of gyms, like, and I you know, Anthony in a work, you know what I was talking about, beautiful human being, the gym that I met him at. I misses every client that I fucking knew. Found him on Facebook. Found him on Instagram. Found him on their website. I had a and a, a roller decks of freaking numbers on here. Everyone for, like and I've I've got every single year, I buy more more Icloud data because I've still got photos from freaking 2,009, so I had every person's number. Yeah. Yeah. And so I just mentioned, hey. I don't know if you know this, but I've just started this thing, online. Would you or anyone you know be interested about it freaking joining? And I got I'm talking about I'm gonna message 2 and a half, 3,000 people. Half of them like, who the fuck's this? Yep. Right. Like, don't message me. You dickhead. Like, I don't even know you anymore. This was 10 years ago. But then I had enough people go, okay. What what is it? And I was, like, okay. I'm, like, I'll do your I'll write your meal plans and I will build your training program online, for $35 a week. And I got, like, 6 people. Okay. 3000. I don't know what the fucking ratio is on that. I was gonna say, yeah, the test rate of this is, like, yeah, but lot lower than percent. Lower than a percent. Right? But it was enough it was enough for me to continue to build a boxing business. I was still doing that every morning, every afternoon, 5 days a week, sometimes even on a Saturday. I would teach at some fitness classes as well, Like, I would teach at body fit, 12 rounds, and and I just think I stopped at 45 at this time. So again, but and then I had this online thing. But see how my focus was split between a lot of things. Mhmm. It was it was slightly different this time. They're all cohesive. So my boxing clients, I would then start trying to introduce them to nutrition. Like, I'll do your nutrition Yep. Online. The fucking 12 rounds and the body fit people, I was, like, poaching people. Yep. So it's like there's a I feel like there's a very there's a big differentiator between, like, are the things you're doing mutually exclusive or are they all spearheaded towards one thing? Yeah. Yeah. It's like I feel like your focus, it's different. It's like are you making ceramic coffee cups and then, you know, tiling different I don't know. Ceramic tiles, maybe I had too too close. Yeah. But 2 totally different Few little things. Yeah. Yeah. Or can you
Juan Granados: spearhead maybe a couple of things until you kinda figure out which thing's gonna has the most weight? Yeah. Are they are they basically are they, like, congruent with each other that they're all building up on each other, or are you just pulling your energy in different Or you're just or you're just hedging your bets, which is what I was fucking doing. In the final That's what for. Well, that's what's actually interestingly, that's what's coming in in mama when you're talking about the financial stuff, which is, yeah, I follow some in parts some guy Ray Dalio and around financial distribution of the assets. And if you have I think it's 12 and above, then you have enough of a distribution of risk and blah blah blah. But that's we talk about assets and financial things here. We're talking your energy expenditure to either your skill sets or your passions or whatnot, and it's different. It's actually that you want them to be congruent with each other. You wanna overlap and be able to build upon that. Well, with Ray Dalio's things, you're you're you're spreading, you're diversifying your risk
Rod: across a select set of assets that all belong to the same product. They're a they're a financial asset. Mhmm. They're a stock. They're they're all the same in terms of their makeup. Mhmm. Doing things that are completely mutually exclusive, I feel as though your focus is combative. Yep. And that's what it was for me when I was 24, whatever that was, 2017, 18. Here, I was still doing 3 or 4 things and again, none of them really grew quickly because you still have 25, 20% of your focus across 4 or 5 things, but they started to kind of leverage each other without me even intentionally. I didn't know what the fuck leverage was at the time, but then this online thing started to to kind of roll a little bit more. So I was like, okay. Sweet. I can give away. Now this is like dude, this is only we're 2024. I'm talking 3 years ago. No. 20 yeah. 2020, end of 20 mid 2021. So two and a half years ago. Mhmm. I quit 12 rounds, quit body fit, and I still did the boxing and, then I had enough people where I was, like, making $1,000 a week. And I'm making $4,000 a month online. I'm an Internet entrepreneur. Yeah. Figured out how to fucking do it. And then all of but nothing it did I was still getting up at 4 like 3:30 in the morning Mhmm. Every morning for like a PT client at fucking 5:15 and then I would work all morning until 10, whatever I could. Then I would do my my programming. I would train myself, and then I would go and do, like, hours in the afternoon PT again. Mhmm. All for myself. Like, I worked a 100% for myself, But I'm doing, like, 80 hour weeks and still, like it was 80 hour weeks for, like, maybe $1800 or something like that. So it was still, like, like, dude, I'm just like, fuck now. I'm exhausted. Yep. But I worked for myself. I worked for myself like like, that's an achievement, but I didn't feel it. Yep. Didn't feel like it still wasn't this thing. Yeah. You're you're fulfilling aspects of it, but and one of the things that's been roaming on my mind when we get to it is it wasn't enough. Wasn't enough. Still wasn't enough. Right? It didn't it didn't matter what the fuck it was. It still wasn't enough. Yep. And then the the craziest thing happened, and I can't believe I'm actually wearing his shirt today. A buddy of mine, Harry, who you should definitely get on your podcast, he's one of the best human beings I've ever met in my life. He's the one who invited me on his podcast, the first podcast. Inertia Fitness Inertia. Harry Georgiou came to me with an offer. He was consulting for Fit as FK, in Calgary Point. And, Macca I don't know if you know Macca, Macaulay, Ryan. Oh, yeah. Ryan. Chris. Yeah. Racca. Beautiful dude. He said, hey, man. I've got this guy named Harry who, is looking for a gym manager at Fiddas. Would you know, are you happy if we introduce? And, again, I'm like, I'm still at the I was still then at the point, like, oh, shiny object syndrome. Like, the lady at the red dress, I was like, oh, this could be a fuck another thing. Yep. Maybe this because the online wasn't taking off. Mhmm. The PT wasn't taking off. So, like, of course, you get, like, this wondering eye. It's like, oh, in the hospital. What else is there? What else is there? Right? Now people are sorting after me a little bit. So funny to think about. But I met with Harry, and he offered me this gym roll. I said, no, dude. This is not for me. And I told him a little bit about what I did. And he said, well, funny you should say what you're saying. Yeah. I'm actually developing with a friend of mine. It wasn't inertia. There's this other thing called, this other startup called Wellnest. Right? Oh, okay. A multi, it was a it was a gym. There was a multi modality frigging, gym setup. So you might have functional gym, meditation, yoga, blah, do you swear it? Like, you had all these things in under one roof because everyone was doing so much group fitness. Mhmm. And you would pay at 2 100, $300 a week because you wanted a little bit of a sauna. You wanted a little bit of yoga. A little bit of everything. They were doing under one roof, the concept was sick and I was exceptionally group fitness, I'd always done group fitness, so I was like Harry goes would you be interested in being the program coordinator? And I was like, that's a title I've never had before. Let's fucking see what this is. Yeah. Put a lot of effort and energy into this thing. There was the the CEO, his name was Ross. Unfortunately, he's, I won't talk ill of him, but he was ill equipped to to lead this business, and it ended up failing very, very fast. Mhmm. But in the pursuit of going for that it's funny. Everything happens for a reason. I believe this shit. I really it never it never feels like at the time, but it happens exactly the way it was supposed to. I had to give up my boxing business to put enough time into wellness. Yeah. And boxing was something that, like, I loved. It was so consistent. It was just like no no matter what, it was like I was always gonna make, you know, $1,000 a week or whatever, and it was it was easy for me. It was easy, but I was trading time for money still. And then when this wellness thing came up, it was like, okay, you either do wellness or you do boxing. The online thing, I could do that in my own time. I could do that at night. But you had to drop the boxing. I had to drop the boxing because I needed to be at this gym that we didn't have. I needed to it was just like planning. So I told all my clients, hey. I'm gonna do this project. This is the end. Unfortunately, like, it's been amazing, but this is we're gonna end on October 1, 2022. That's the date. Yep. Because that's when the we were gonna get this lease for this gym. Little did I know, little Rossi hadn't fucking raised any money and we didn't have Hey, yo. And everything was very gray, and it was a total absolute clusterfuck. And then I was like, what the fuck? Because I was I was promised $140,000 salary. Mhmm. Big jump. Big jump. Big jump from, like, working for yourself where, like, every single week is, like, you could make $2,000 a week or 600 and then fucking 2a half. And then it was just and I was like, wow. Finally some stability. But it was a big jump and it was like, wow. I get to do I get to create again. I'm back in the startup ecosystem. Like, I get to get you know, because I love doing it with Karl. It was there was probably the most profound that was the catalyst in my life that made me love business was like creating and helping and being a part of something. Kind of the energy that it gave you at the same time as well. Exactly. And I was working for myself so much that I was like, wow. I get to have business partners and, like, share the load and maybe everything doesn't fall. There was heaps of benefits to doing this wellness thing because it was like, wow. These guys who know what they're doing, they're gonna fucking show me the show me the path, the golden road to to success, and then it turned to shit. But I'd already told them my boxing clients that I was Yeah. And so I was just I was now Filthy at that point. I'm I'm like, again, the roller coaster. Fucking back down here again. Yeah. Back down here again. And it just felt like every fucking 3 to 6 months. Bless my wife, man. Why the fuck she's been true to me? Yeah. She's looking at it like, man. She's like, yeah. She's like, what is this conduct? Sorry, Pat. What is this dickhead doing? Figure it out. Figure it out. And it's not that she cared what I was doing. She didn't care that I was jumping. But it was like, you're you're on headspace, your mind, you can't have. And and bless her, she never told me this. And I know this is how she felt because we've spoken about it now that we're we're in a really good place. But it was like, you need to figure this out because every time something goes wrong in your life, you sink lower than anybody else. I've never seen someone sink so low. Yeah. You know? This is the and and you have I probably maybe
Juan Granados: my amplitude isn't probably as great as yours, but I understand this because we can feel real highs of highs, then holy shit do we feel the lows of lows when they come around as opposed to being a more temperate individual.
Rod: We're not temperate individuals, that's just the thing. No, but in honesty, man, I have an credible admiration. The more the more personal development, self awareness I've kind of accumulated over over the last couple of years is the people that have more have more like a consistency Mhmm. Can regulate their emotions, can manage their behaviors and their responses to things, they are the real winners. Mhmm. Because life doesn't matter a fuck who you are. Brie, you're not special. No one is. And I firmly believe this. Your problems aren't either. Everyone's got them. Right? Like it's Well,
Juan Granados: and this is I mean, the way that you're presenting these stories, I'm loving it. And just to I'm gonna just jump forward and the reason you say that which is of interest as people are listening to this is, you know, you're coaching, you're still coached now, right? And I think you probably find, and correct me if I'm wrong, that a lot of what you're sort of telling and can continue to tell it's, hey, that other is actually unique, which is the important thing. It feels unique to the individual, the stresses,
Rod: the suffering. Feels like it feels like it's the thing that's gonna defeat you. But but in the end, it's what's now probably allowing you to help so many other people because you've seen it all before and experienced it all before as well. Dude, it's the business that I have now, and I'm sorry it's taken me fucking an hour. I don't know how long I've been talking to get to this point, but it's I've never really self reflect on it. The only reason I have any success is because of how many fucking times I found this low through it.
Juan Granados: But take me back. We're gonna have to finish. No. No. No. We're we're
Rod: very close now because now we're only 18 months ago. When the wellness thing finished, I Tash I I looked at Tash one day and I went, you really gotta figure this out this time. Otherwise, it's like you go get a job. You go get a job. Entrepreneurship isn't for you. You don't have you don't have the the mental resilience anymore to go through this amount of stress and I convinced myself of this story and I'm sure every entrepreneur probably goes to this and say you're not, it's just not for you, dude. Quit, like, and you think about quitting all the fucking time. I'm sure you have been there a 1000000 times yourself. Every person does, not just entrepreneurs, but everyone. And I just I I started to go a little bit harder in the paint. I started to just put I didn't have now the boxing. So, again, I regained another big chunk of focus. Mhmm. I didn't realize this at the time, but that's what I didn't have the boxing. Didn't have wellness. Didn't have fucking university. Didn't have, construction. I didn't have anything. I had one business. One thing. Yep. And I went all in this one thing. Every single day, 7 days a week, I would work on this thing. I would figure out how to be a better coach, how to make more, better programs, how I would how I would sale, do more sales, do more marketing. The biggest catalyst as well, I recommend this to everybody, if you're thinking of starting a business, go go get coaching from someone who's done what you want to do. And so that's what I did. I got a coach who was really successful in the nutrition space for men, which is where I wanted to go, and I worked with him. And he was he was brilliant. Really, really cool dude. His name is Aaron Straker, for anyone wondering. Brilliant human being. Taught me so much and I I mimicked his business. I almost, like, copy pasted, like, what like, his systems, his processes because I was like, wow. This guy's got it going on. He's working. I can see the gaps from where my business was to that, and that changed a lot. That allowed me to then go, right. It allowed me to stop focusing on the fluff, which is like the perfect website and the perfect logo and the we have, like, sales and marketing. And you need more clients. In order for you to keep this business afloat, it's an organism that has a life force. To feed that life force, you need revenue. Revenue comes from sales and marketing. So now that I learned all this stuff from Aaron about how to make the business okay, like, at least at a good delivery, good product, I was an ex I was a good coach. I felt like I was a really good coach because of exactly what we've spoken about the last hour is I I knew where these men were coming from. These people that I was coaching were coming from because they felt these lows. Yep. And they knew what a high felt like, but they felt these fucking lows and they felt their lack of self worth. And whether it just was fitness, it was like they'd done 6 week challenges or 12 week challenges failed. They tried an online, you know, training program, failed. They went and tried CrossFit. That hurt their fucking back, failed. Yep. So they were used to what I was used to. We're just in their own on their in their own way, in their own in their own journey. And so the coaching part was really, really solid, but I just didn't know how to get clients. And then pretty much from that point, it's never it's it's I've never taken on anything else and that was now 2023, end of 2022, start of 2023. I never took on another project. Still haven't to this day. Wow. Okay. And I have been offered projects and I thought of projects and I do these things and I still have the shiny object syndrome, the lady in the red dress, everything. And bless my my Tasha's brother, whose name's Ben. He's my one of my greatest mentors, my brother-in-law. He constantly reminds me of the lady in the red dress and Mhmm. Where I came from and all this. And I have other mentors, business coaches that I'm now invested in. He said all the same thing. Yep. Really reiterated every thought that I never really had at the time. Mhmm. Focus. I found I found my my my level of my level of success. I'm I'm now uncovering for the first time in my life because of everything that I just self reflected on then. I haven't done that before, so thank you for allowing me to do that in this space. That was amazing. But it is. It's like in hindsight, it's a beautiful thing. It's like there's no fucking way on earth I could ever do what I'm doing now for the for the men that we coach, the the people that we serve if I didn't do all that shit. Fucking start, quit, fail, cry, think negative, like, go dark. Like, I just don't for me, that that's just my journey. Maybe not everyone says the same, but I was never gonna get to here if I hadn't gone through that. Everything happened for a fucking reason. That's the thing. It it's you are able to better serve people
Juan Granados: now by, unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the life that you led. Right? And again, you were putting yourself in talking through this. You were at a different position when you were doing the initial startup with Kyle. Of course, you could have been a different person and maybe you would have succeeded, but then you wouldn't be the person today who's doing the things that you're doing now. Right? Looking at today then, taking us on that full journey, which I do appreciate that, does today look like enough for you? Because the word enough is a very interesting one depending on what you look and what success looks like. Yes. Yes. So does does today's Brodie see what he's doing now as enough or is the growth mindset still in no? There's more unexplored territory here for me to be truly fulfilled in this particular space of life.
Rod: I'll be totally honest with you. Still not enough. Uh-huh. Still not. However, I'm at a place in my business, in my relationship, in my life where it's it's enough for now. Mhmm. And I'll tell you that the the I'll tell you the the difference between the two. I still have a lot of unresolved trauma, and I know a lot of men if you possibly relate to this story. We all do. Show yourself included. Right? I haven't healed from everything that I that I did that happened as a as a child. I still have this unwavering kind of desire to find success in a monetary sense and all this kind of thing. But I've learned, especially recently with the amazing men that we serve, that I I success comes in so many different shapes and forms. Mhmm. And even though that is still an an underlying driver, I don't know if I'll I don't know if that'll ever change. I'll just maybe get better at managing it Mhmm. Driving for monetary from my father. But I my cup is the most full it's ever been because I get to help people. I really get to help people. I really get to make a fucking difference. And for me, when I was at university and the only time in my life that I'd ever re truly felt self worth was when I was helping people and they were thanking me for that help. Mhmm. That became addictive. That became really fucking addictive, selfishly even. I was like, okay. If I help a lot of people I'm gonna get this positive feeling. Yep. Positive This positive feeling. Mhmm. And that's where now fast forward to today, 2024, we we coach men in such a beautiful way through their training and their nutrition and their mindset Yeah. To help them be the best version of themselves they can be. Because the one thing one thing I learned through my entire journey was there's so much I could control. Thought I could. Thought I could fucking control every part of this journey. I thought I could control what would happen to our startup. I thought I could control what people would think of us. What what I thought I could control the the trajectory, the speed, all this kinda so many variables that were just outside of my circle of influence. But the one thing that I could control that whole time that kinda kept me kept me going was my health, And I didn't realize it until a year 2 years ago. I was like, out of everything in life, there's there is a lot that we can't control. You can't control interest rates. You can't control the weather. You can't control what sex of a kid you have when when they come out. Right? Your your beautiful daughter. Right? She's never you don't have control over anything. One thing you have control over is the daily actions that you take, food that you put in your mouth, things that you think in yourself. You have total control over yourself. And while you're trying to figure out the rest of the world, if you can focus on one thing, that's your health, which is very, very, very, manageable by by your own self. Mhmm. It seems everything else starts to kinda find a flow. And so what we do now and what really helped me was until I could figure fucking anything out, I'm still gonna go to the gym. Yep. Still gonna fuel my body with with food. I'm still gonna make time to go to Pilates, yoga, all these things for my health, my body, my mind. And I feel as though that was the underlying thing. I didn't realize it at the time, but that was the underlying thing that allowed me to continue in my pursuit of whatever the fuck of journey I'll be. Because, potentially, if you didn't if you hadn't continued that,
Juan Granados: maybe there is no Brody Castle story that that goes like this, and Brody is he's working in a normal day to day job and doing something completely ass and filling up filled, and who knows where he is mentally. Think of the if I go back to the financial environment, like, if I didn't have a boxing business,
Rod: COVID, like, it's just you go, what could have been? And, like, I was fit and healthy, so I hope people wanted to work with me in a fit and healthy space. So now it's it's for us and this is the biggest, biggest loop back to the start of the story. You said, who am I? My identity. Right? I'm just like every other bloke out there. I am average. I'm normal. I am Joe Blow, and I love that. Mhmm. Because my job now and our job in what we do is we help men realize that even if you think you are average, standard, not good at anything, if you can unlock the parts of your life that allow you to be fit, healthy, and in control of your body and your mind Yeah. There is nothing you truly can't do. I used to look when I was a kid at like the, you look at the greatest athletes, you would look at the kids who have run the fast, fastest a 100 meters, you know, the great academic kids that you knew or, like, you know, anyone around you succeeding, and you think of yourself, I'll never be that. Dude, it's, like, because you're average or you're you're just normal. Dude, being fucking normal is amazing. Being normal is because it means that you can you you you have no expectations and you can do you can fail a lot and you can figure the fuck out as long as it takes. And for us now, it's like helping men realize that even even though they want more from life, being fit and healthy is a is is the bridge to just about everything that you think you want to have enough energy to go and pursue your business. Right? You wanna be the best father, you gotta be strong enough. You know what I mean? You you gotta have you gotta have enough, have enough energy. You know? You gotta be resilient enough. You gotta be calm enough. You're gonna be able to regulate your emotions. You know? All of these things are health. Same with if you wanna find love, you gotta find self confidence, self respect, self value, self worth. Comes from health. You know? If if any sense of achievement for me and the boys that we work with is if you like, the 3 human desires, and I I literally have this on my wall. The 3 human desires the main human desires are health, wealth, and relationships. What we do for a living now in my company is we take care of the health part for men. And I feel, and we've proven it for over 300 men now. That's not a bullshit number. I'm so proud of that fucking number. 300 blokes that we've helped. If we can take care help you help you master the health part, you watch the flow on effect that that has to your wealth and your relationships. And if you're lost in the wealth and the relationships part, bring it back to health. Yep. Because wealth and relations control. Fucking took the words out of my mouth. You can't sometimes you can't control the wealth. Sometimes you can't control the relationships. And I get so passionate about this is the one wheel in the cog, the one spoke in the fucking tire, this is the one piece of the puzzle you have total, total control over every single time. Mhmm. In with one with one part. And it's it's very gray, and it's all opinion when you get sick. Right? You know, I can't help if I had cancer. I can't help if I have, you know, a debilitating disease or or some, you know, anything you're like, I can't control. I've been in a car accident. All of these different outliers, I get that. But for the vast majority, vast majority, if you feel as though life is kicking you in the balls, if you can't seem to figure out what it is the fuck you're trying to figure out, if you can bring it back to health, focus on your physical self, which focusing on your physical self, what does that do? That trick stopped here. Yep. If you think if you think you're suffering mentally, bring it down here. Do you know what I mean? Like, if you if you think you're, like, cognitively suffering, bring it down here. Bring it down here. Go go lift weight. Go for that run. Start fueling your body properly. You would be amazed and I've proven it. I'm living fucking blood and sweat proof that that is a fact and I'm I don't look at studies. Like, I'm not a I love Layne Norton. I'm listening to his podcast at the moment. He's fucking awesome, But I don't look at studies, so I don't have the factual data. But I'm telling you, if all feels lost in the world, all feels lost in the world, if you can find a way to bring it back to your health, it just the world has a weird way of kind of your world is a weird way of figuring itself out. Mhmm. Almost like
Juan Granados: the world is a way to thank you for taking upon yourself the actions that you do have control to then yeah. Whether whether it directly does it or not just helps you then be able to deal with the other aspects of life that you go, actually, yeah, you know, I had that win. I I was able to do this. Because I usually and you believe it. Yeah. You believe it. You and I this morning, we went for a run and we went to the gym, and it's like, wow. I can do hard things.
Rod: I can patiently wait. Do you know how long it fucking takes to build, like, quality muscle mass? Yeah. I see 8 ages. Yeah. 8. But we still do it. Mhmm. Why? Because for us, people like us and and everyone, it should. It's like you know that's gonna take a long time and you still do it anyway. What's that teaching you? Yeah. Humility, patience, consistency. Mhmm. Right? Delayed gratification.
Juan Granados: And it's the it's those and we were talking about it earlier as well. It's the meta qualities that at the face of something that we're talking about, gym goers or entrepreneurs, right, there are underlying real great qualities which enable you to, while you might still be what you want, quote unquote average, it is almost these superhuman, superhero qualities of, oh, yeah, discipline, humbleness, being patient that allow you to then find success, whatever that might look like. Again, it doesn't have to be financial, could be in any other way, shape, or form across a wide array of other items or avenues that you actually choose to go on the path of. We need to talk about this before we actually, wrap up as well, which is going to be optimization. Right? I'll say no. I'm I'm gonna put the caveat here as well, dude. There's so many more other things I would like to ask you across all the things, but I'm gonna put a pin in it for now. There's one thing we can't let you get out of here without talking about, which is we started talking about fitness and health. And, look, if people wanna go and check out specifically a lot of the other stuff that you can, support people with and stuff that we've been talking about, go see you on the Instagram. It's Brady Castle. It's probably gonna be the best place. But in terms of optimization, we talked steroids a little while, in this sort of podcast and you're talking about back in the bras area. And now it's it's something different that you're on, which is TRT. Correct. So you just sort of mentioned this to me. I just wanna kinda get an idea from your perspective. It's what's the difference between those 2 in your mind, right? Because I still see that a lot of people looked at what would be TRT, which is just like yeah. And going, well, that's a steroids. Right? It's just taking that. Yeah. For people who made me not a 100% why? You know, what path got you to actually going down that? What what was the reason?
Rod: And how do you go about even, like, talking about it with the men that you guys coached nowadays? Cool. So, again, oh, the total disclaimer. This is my opinion. This is my experience. It is not factual. Right? This is just my dissertation. Out of the difference between the steroids that I took when I was younger in my twenties to the testosterone replacement therapy, which is what TRT stands for that I take now, in my mind are very different because one is controlled and one is not. And I'll give you an example. When I was 20, right, I had no idea what the fuck anything that I was injecting in my muscles, right, what it was, what it what the the desired outcome was, what the, like, the correct dosage was, what the control like, the environment should have been to have success, what what other factors, you know, went into having a successful experience on anabolic steroids? Nothing. It was I wanna be big and impress my friends. This they and someone told me that testosterone and amp date and trembleone acetate which are trembleone, if you know, mate, that's a fucking hectic anabolic steroid. That'll do it, dude. Just fucking just make sure you don't hit a vein. You and, bro, we did it. We fucking and I'm not just I'm not talking, man. They're, like, not like a small sample. Mhmm. All of us. Mhmm. All of what and and, again, it was I we had such a big group of friends then. It was just, like, fucking the most common thing ever. Mhmm. It was none of us had good diets. None of us none of us really, like, knew the side effects of what this actually meant for us at that age. None of us knew the correct we were, I guess, clean. We didn't, like, swap syringes or fucking anything like that. We knew that that kind of stuff, like, disease, but, dude, it was abuse. We would buy it from people we didn't know in batches from fucking random ass dudes. So you're buying it more or less on the black market on the street without ever understanding where the hell it's come from. You have no idea what your your biology says that you should be having or what what the safe amount for you in your age. Because there's, like, panels. Fucking nothing, dude. It was just like and you someone would bring something new to you like like clenbuterol, which which everyone's heard of clenne, the shit that makes you lean. Yep. You would like, he's just like, oh, I've got some clenne, but, oh, fuck. I'll have some I'm just sitting having dinner with my mate. And now suddenly I just took clan on a Thursday. Like, he's just you know? Like, you just had no fucking no comprehension of what the the the the the power, the gravity, the the substances that you're abusing, and it was abuse because I just wanted to be bigger than you, and I wanted to be more shredded than him. Yep. And I wanted to get the attention from her and just that was That was it. That was it. And for most people, for most men, right, and I'm talking specifically to men, for most men, that is the outcome. It's like I wanna be big. I wanna be big and lean, and I've heard steroids will do that for me. Should I do them? You're doing it on the street, you're doing it with no parameters in place, no no no knowledge of what you're actually doing, you're just doing it because you kinda want to, it's coming from a place of ego, that is anabolic steroids, that is steroid. When someone says I'm on steroids, that's what I associate that with, that's what I discern that with. Coming over to this side to testosterone replacement therapy, I call them different things. If I have a mate that's on steroids, I'll say he's on steroids. If I have, when I say what I'm on, I'm on TRT. I don't say I'm on steroids. Even though the category of drug Mhmm. Is the same, I call them different things because testosterone replacement therapy is medicine provided by a licensed practitioner in a controlled environment. And what that looks like is you can't gain access to TRT legally, I'm sure there's probably other ways you could do it, but then I kinda feel like you fold over to this outside, But legally, until you have had blood work, like, a full blood panel of your entire hormonal makeup. Right, but everything, like, when you go to a normal blood, when you go get a normal blood test from a doctor, you don't get tested for your your hormonal panel, your thyroid. You don't get there's a bunch of markers, like, blood markers that don't show up because it's like doctor I don't know why this kinda happens. I haven't really looked into it. To be honest, I got a mate that would be able to tell me. But they don't test for everything. You have to fucking ask. Ask. But then even if you ask, they're like, why do you want it? So I was like, well, motherfucker. I was like, motherfucker. I just fucking wanna know where my testosterone's at, but they won't give it to you. So they have these 3rd party ones where you can go and pay to get a blood test, a full plan of blood test. So that's the first part. Then you have to pay to see a doctor. And the doctor will look at your results. You pay a consultation to a licensed TRT, practitioner, and they do other things, but they're they're licensed to distribute and and, give out testosterone medication. You have to have a consultation, a consultation with a doctor who goes through your full blood panel and and looks at everything, looks at what you are deficient in. Right? And here's here's the thing, and I'm not sure if many people know this. You've heard of RDI, like, recommended daily intake. Yep. Okay? It's this, like, like, just because you have the RDI of, like, calcium does not mean it's optimal. What RDI actually means is that is what your state, territory, or country will advocate that if you have enough of like, your RDI of calcium is x. If you have enough, that just means you're not clinically deficient. Well Right? So r d I r d I is a Just a minimum. It's a fucking It's a minimum, Bryce. The minimum. Right? It does not mean optimal. So the RDI, the recommended daily intake for fucking calories in Australia, it is 87 100 kilojoules. Right. The fuck is that? That's a back of the napkin generalized, like, dissertation of what the fuck that should be. Mhmm. You haven't it's not optimal for any. It's just general. Mhmm. And they have to do general. Right? Because they've got to appease the population. But the same thing when it comes to your hormones, be it, when it comes to your right red, white and red blood cell count, like that everyone is different, but they have a general recommended thing. But just because you might be deficient in this or over on this does not mean that it's terrible. So being able to interpret blood work is what your doctor will do, what we do as well for our clients to a degree, like, again, we never do it in replacement of a doctor, but we help them understand their blood work and all that kind of stuff and and what nutrition can, help appease in in whatever their blood work kinda suggests. Mhmm. But, like, I was so low in testosterone that the doctor kind of had, like, a look in his eye, like, why are you taking this long to fucking reach out? Wow. Yeah. Okay. Right? Mhmm. And this Which which and interestingly, it probably,
Juan Granados: when you look back, would have exhibited itself in the story that you just told throughout
Rod: throughout I don't know when it happened. Right? It could have happened as a result of the anabolic steroids when I was younger, but I get a big thing with testosterone that and there's so many studies that appear like stress, lack of sleep, my journey through entrepreneurship. What the fuck do you think happened? Yeah. High stress, low sleep Yep. Chronically for years as well as, like, I'd still go to the gym, so I would still have chronic muscular fatigue and inflammation, which can also affect us. So it improves it, but can also diminish it as well. Yep. Malnutrition at certain times in my life because I was so stressed and anxious, all these kinds of things. But the other part is, like, the the biggest thing in coming back to the difference is in order to have TRT, you have to go through this very stringent process of of acquiring it. And then you go once you got your blood work, the doctor goes, right, Brody. We recommend that you have this type of testosterone because there's different types. Mhmm. In this amount, because there's different dosages, different efficacies, different different, ways of taking it. So in yeah. In this way, so you can do intramuscular, which is injecting into the muscle, or subcutaneous, which is injecting into your fat for different reasons. You're educated on what the fuck you should be doing and the goal for me, the goal for me, Juan, was I don't wanna be the jackest motherfucker there ever was anymore. I want more performance from my physique. I want more performance cognitively. I want better sleep. I want to be horny again. Mhmm. And I've spoken to my wife. I told her that maybe on this podcast we were talking about, bro, my libido was so goddamn low that I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get an erection at certain times of my, like, adult life. Yep. I like, I've like, I've and I've talked to my men about this, like, I don't know if if you remember, if you're happy to when was the last time that you woke up with, like, hectic morning glory? Like like, remember when you were 20. Right? Like, it's just like fucking boom wood every single morning. Mhmm. Not enough yeah. Not as often. For sure. But, like, you never noticed when it stopped, did you? Right? It's like that like, these kind of symptoms is what I was trying to address. It's like I wanna I want my wife to feel loved for this hormonal imbalance that I have that I don't feel desired or desiring of anybody. Right? I wasn't recovering properly from my workouts and training was my favorite thing in the fucking world ever. It's my favorite thing in the damn world is putting putting strain on my physical body, but I was under under recovered. Mhmm. I was also underperforming. Like, I wouldn't I wouldn't achieve as much through, like, vigorous, stringent programming of of of weight training and all these kind of stimulus I was putting in my body. Yeah. And, like, my sleep was so bad. Like, I'm sleeping 3 hours a night, dude, chronically, and I'm coaching men on how to have better sleep. You know, I'm sure we'd have to catch up for another that's a whole another kettle of fish that I'm uncovering at the moment in my life. But just all these all these disadvantages that I didn't understand were disadvantages. I was just like, fucking the way it is, dude. Yep. Same as men's mentality. I rub some dirt and then fucking just get back to work. You know what I mean? Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Dude, it's like and the way I describe it to our men is like it's an analogy. It's a poor analogy, but it works. Is it's like a it's like a car. Right? It's like you like, we we get one vehicle to take us through life. One vehicle. It's our body. It's a vessel. We get 1. And 2 parts to this, the pre frame. If you knew when you were 6 years old, one, that your father or some figure in your life or whoever it was said, Juan, you get I'm gonna give you this car. But you only get one. You know, like, you get it for the rest of your life, dude. You're not allowed to trade this in. You're not allowed to upgrade. You're fucking not allowed to do anything. All you're allowed to do is service and look after it, and it has to take you until your last breath on this earth. How fucking world would you look after that? Yeah. Exactly. Very well. It's your body. That's the pre frame. Right? And we don't. We abuse the living fuck out of our out of our vehicles, out of our cars. But, you know, the stupid part, the the the absolute naivety, that audacity that human beings have, we expect Ferrari performance, Lamborghini performance from our cars, but we're putting fucking e ten fuel in or worse, sausage rolls and ice breaks. Do you understand the do you understand the distortion here? Mhmm. We want to be better fathers. We want to be better entrepreneurs. We want to be better husbands, better leaders, better men, better sons. We wanna be better. If you and I feel as though every single person in the world wants to be better. If it's an innate human desire, like, you wanna improve, improve again. But under the hood you are fueling you for years you've been chronically fueling your body with absolute shit. What do you think that does to your engine? What do you think that does to the your ability for for your your your vehicle to operate? Right? That is what your biology is. Right? So the aesthetics is the car, it's the windows, it's the windscreen, it's the exhaust, it's the All the exterior is the steering wheel. Under the hood, it's your biology. And if you don't if imagine if you knew if you knew yourself in your own and you knew this, that you had a disadvantage in your car. Right? No matter what way it got there, it was leaking. It was leaking oil. Whatever the fuck analogy you wanna put one of the pistons wasn't fucking firing off. And legally, you could fix it. Right? By by just going and getting, going and speaking to a doctor that that you could address this to now get your car back to running the best it ever has completely legally. Right? Achievably with very minimal side effects. Right? And you're choosing not to do it for a bunch of different reasons. That ego. You're cheating. You're on fucking steroids. Right? Too much pride. Whatever. I wanna do it without it. Again, ego. It's fear. Mhmm. Fear of the sight. Fear of what could happen. Right? Like that, like, misinformation or lack of knowledge. You don't understand it. So you you you again fear. But I assume my right mind are chasing optimality. Mhmm. If you knew if you knew that you were at a disadvantage and you could change that, why the fuck wouldn't you? And so I knew I'd but I didn't know. Mhmm. And now I'm telling you 99% of men don't Don't know that either. Don't know. And I'm here, like, one of my biggest passions there was helping men just not get on t r t r t. It's not gonna do. We're not a fucking t r t fucking advocate, but what I am is go look at your engine at whatever age you are especially over the age of 30. Up until the age of 30, it's like and again, I don't specialize with men under the age of 30. We definitely have a lot of clients that are under the age of 30, but from 30 and up is like where that's where I'm stepping into my life now in my in my early thirties, moving into my mid thirties, is you gotta look under the hood. Because it doesn't matter what the fuck you do externally, internally, if you're at a disadvantage, dude, you're pushing shit uphill. You're you're you're at a conscious conscious disadvantage, and if you chase optimality, which I know you do and I know the men like, a lot of the men that I hope listen to this are, go get your blood work. Like, if you need to if if your doctor says, man, you would have immense benefit from being on testosterone and amp date, which is what I'm on. Right? I'm on 250 milligrams of testosterone and When I was a kid, I was on test 350. So 350 milligrams of, like, 3 different types of test. Decoduroboron, which I fucking it just makes you big and fat and puffy. Clenbuterol, stanazole, tremolone acetate. Jesus. Oh, there's fucking more. DECA no. I said DECA duribalin. SUS 250. I did everything that I could get my fucking hands on, and I'm 4 times the size of of what I am now. Now don't get me wrong. Right? Coming back to this. That's the difference. True. That's the difference between steroids and this, but people go, dude, you you you you're still big. Yes. Yes. I am. K. Because I train hard as a motherfucker now, but now Mhmm. I have I'm back on par. I'm back on par with every other person, man, that doesn't have a a a a a a hormonal imbalance. Now I'm not saying that I'm better than anybody else, and you can call me Choo anyway. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all. It's everyone's own interpretation, but I saw that I was at I was struggling. I was suffering. I was at a disadvantage for all the things that I wanted to be and I found a legal, safe, and controlled way to address that. Mhmm. And that is through testosterone replacement therapy. And I am a massive advocate for it. I really am. Because the men in our coaching and my friends and family that I have introduced to the concepts who have gone and got their blood work, spoken to the doctor. Right? And there's heaps. It's it's not your freaking fucking just go. It's not blasphemy anymore. It's not like the dark web. Yeah. And gone and done what I've done, bro, the the the love and appreciation that I've received. Thank you for for helping me realize Mhmm. That I've been at I've been I've been sitting at a 6 out of 10 Yeah. For 20 years and I couldn't understand why. I didn't wanna sleep with my wife as much. I didn't have the energy to play with my kids as much. Now diet, training, lifestyle, all of that comes into it. Right? And the same thing with TRT. Right? TRT is not a fucking miracle potion. It's not like you just inject yourself and then suddenly That's it. You know, you're not pop by. Like, it's not like that. The it's a holistic thing. It's like my nutrition was in check and training was in check. My sleep was underperforming. I'm actively trying to address that and still have been for for years, but, like, everything I was doing to fix and address and improve, I was doing. Yep. Still wasn't working. Your hormones are incredibly powerful little thingies, chemical messengers that send signals to your body. As much as as much as you might be able to align all of those other things talked about,
Juan Granados: if the firing internally in your mechanisms are not doing it right, then there's only so much transportation,
Rod: exploration, energy release, all of that that's gonna happen as well behind that. There's only so, brother, there's only so many times you can go to the gym before you go, why the fuck isn't this working? There's only so many times you can go to couples therapy before you go, fuck. I'm just not getting an erection around my wife anymore. There's only so many times that you can go to the doctor and they go, man, like, you have, like, problems with your liver or your kidneys or things like this because of malnutrition. It's it's just the the thing that I firmly believe, man, is it's like if you want optimality, and this is the topic of this last part of the conversation, start internally. We all focus externally. We all diet. We all train. We all aware of what a fucking calorie deficit is. We know these things, Mhmm. And people do them fantastically. Men can do them fantastically. But this this sense of guilt or shame or just, like, misunderstanding of what TRT is because it's anabolic steroids, and I wanna be a natural. Why do you wanna be a natural? Mhmm. Why? Yeah. What the fuck does it what's it bringing you? You and your wife aren't as close anymore. You and your kids aren't as close anymore. You're not sleeping properly anymore. You're not you're not recovering properly anymore. You're getting sick a lot better, a lot more. But you're fucking natural, bro.
Juan Granados: Sick. Stick stick to it. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You know? So and I think it's, there there might be, I know for sure, it happened many years ago. The mentality would be, well, you know, athletes isn't allowed to take that. So Right. But but again, are you an athlete? Exactly. Yeah. The the 0.1% people who are athletes, okay. There's a difference. Absolutely. But that's not the case for, as you say, the average person. The average person is, well, what do you wanna
Rod: optimize for? A great life, being a great dad, having the energy, sleeping well, being all that safe. Muscle mess, like, muscle mass comes with it if your things are in check and your training is hard as what I do and that we get our clients do the, like, fucking earth. You're gonna get much stronger. You're gonna get much bigger. You know what I mean? Like, that is a bot the muscle, the body, the physique that I have now is a byproduct of the TRT as well, but it's also a byproduct of the 15 years I've been doing this shit for. Yep. So it's not like you inject TRT, and you automatically look like me. And that's not an ego thing. It's just like, dude, it's it's not a magic potion. It's not what it is is it's you will start to feel better. You'll just start to go you start to just have a bit more energy, a little bit more bounce, a little bit more kick, a little bit more motivation suddenly, a little bit more enthusiasm. It's just it's to end again my experience. I will do a do a disclaimer at the start, and I'll do one at the end. This is not medical advice. Fucking isn't. I'm just saying that it's helped me fairly with my marriage, my soon to be married, my my soon to be wife. She finally feels love and appreciation and admiration from me again because I wanna ravish her all the time again. My business is I'm showing up as my best truest self because I feel masculine again. So I'm coaching men on, like, finding their masculine power amidst nutrition training. Right? Stepping into their best self, but I'm doing that in a very convincing way because I believe myself that I'm a man and that I'm masculine. Like, it's the benefits just for me have been profound. And I've never shared publicly that I'm on TRT. It's the first time ever. And I was waiting for a platform to do it where I could explain. Mhmm. And not because I cared what people think. I do. Actually, that's a lie. I did care. I do care what people think, but I want I wanna come at it from a lens where it's like, man, if you're if you knew that you could improve and and and and free yourself from suffering pain, discomfort, Mhmm. The disadvantages that you've been feeling. You could do it in a way that was safe and manageable and I'm just like, as a man, dude, it's I just each to their own, but I'm not, fuck. I'm going out. I'm going all in. Yeah. Going all in.
Juan Granados: I love that, Brady. Dude, I appreciate that you're chatting with us. Honestly, I think we're gonna have to have you back on because there's, like, the whole voice of our stuff, man. But, again, we'll be cheering in coach Brodie Casa on on Instagram. It's probably gonna be the best place to actually reach you as well. Yep. Yep. Look, dude, we're gonna chat again. I think there's a lot of other topics, but for now, really have appreciated it, man. Thank you. Big love, dude. It's been amazing being on it. You run a really, really good show, and it's, it's a pleasure to be a part of it. Thank you.