Speaker 1: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. And Jose if you had to guess, how many times do you think you've been ghosted by a woman in your life? Like completely? Just stop hitting me back?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh ten eight?
Speaker 2: Huh seems low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I try doubling maybe tripling that.
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: But out of all those ghosts the experiences, have any of them ever made international news?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, I would hope so, but.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't think so. It's probably a good thing. But one woman from New York is gaining global attention this morning, and it's all because of her story that she shared on TikTok. Her video has gone viral with over five million views so far. Because it's such a unique and bizarre way of ditching someone.
Speaker 2: That you're dating already, I can't hear.
Speaker 1: We're gonna tell you what it is coming up next. Text into seven, eight, five, nine to two. Tell us what's the craziest way some one's ever ghosted you? It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. In just a decade ago, if you got ghosted, that meant a poltergeist or some ungodly vision entered your body, made your head spin around and things shoot out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which was kind of a fun date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, as Alexis calls it, spring break. But now, being ghosted it's a common dating term where you're pursuing a love interest, things seem to be going fine and then suddenly, without any warning or explanation, they completely vanish.
Speaker 2: Was that for our like fifty plus crowd that's listening right now.
Speaker 1: You might not know. Some people may be getting ghosted as we speak and not even realize what's happening. It is, but if you're single, this has probably happened to you at some point, which is why. Recently somebody on TikTok asked everybody to share the worst ways they've ever been ghosted in their past relationships. Okay, and one woman's story blew everybody else's out of the water.
Speaker 2: My god, what happened?
Speaker 1: So her name's Catherine. Her response immediately went viral and last I checked, that had five million views, a million likes, and almost twenty thousand comments, Oh.
Speaker 2: My, what happened? This hasn't shown up in my FORU.
Speaker 1: Why you never get ghosted? That's why?
Speaker 2: Married woman?
Speaker 1: So I have a clip of her video, I'm play for you right now here we go.
Speaker 4: I was with man for two years, and I thought I was going to marry him, have his babies, and spend the rest of our lives together. But then COVID hit and he unfortunately told me that he thought he had it. He said he was thinking about going to the hospital because he felt so bad, but then miraculously, he's starting to feel better. But it was that same day he told me he was feeling better that I never heard from him ever again. He suddenly stopped responding to all my calls, all my texts. A week later, his phone went right to work. I freaked out. I started calling the hospital, thinking maybe something happened and he's at the hospital. He wasn't there. I called all the hospitals in the area, and he wasn't there. I called the police and filed a missing person's report, and you know what they told me. They told me my boyfriend did not exist. So not only did my boyfriend ghost me by faking his own death, he also had lied to me for two years about his real identity.
Speaker 2: In the system or anything.
Speaker 5: Wait, girl, you've never been to his house. You've dated this guy for two years. You can't go track him down.
Speaker 2: A lot of excuses they get to you.
Speaker 1: B Oh my god, how many years this guy lied to Catherine about his name and everything about him. She never had any idea until he claimed to come down with COVID and then disappeared.
Speaker 5: You know, God, he was either like married, had another family, or with some sort of like ex comvic drug smile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I liked the other family idea.
Speaker 2: I thought drug smuggler was sexier.
Speaker 1: It's just shocking. I don't know how you can go two years lying to somebody first. But also, I know this sounds bad, but when you're with someone for two years, how do you not catch on?
Speaker 2: I mean, but they say.
Speaker 5: Love is blind, I mean literally, if you are truly feeling like, oh, this is the man of my dreams, I mean, he's just playing into everything that you want to hear.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 5: I mean it just it makes you like Of course, hindsight twenty twenty, she probably feels like a complete idiot and sees all the sides and puts them together. But oh yeah, he said he was homeless.
Speaker 2: That's why he just had an apartment.
Speaker 1: A lot of people on TikTok were shocked when they heard Catherine's story and they criticized her former boyfriend. Another person thought maybe he was a spy who had to go full dark mode, which would explain why he was using a fake made super cool, But a bunch of people wanted Catherine to show pictures of the guy and expose him. She wasn't comfortable doing that.
Speaker 2: Oh is that because she made up the whole story herself.
Speaker 1: Well, here's where the story gets juice here, because you know, the Internet never gives up on this stuff. You've seen documentaries of people who are like, I'm going to solve this thirty year old by just Google searching, and they do it. Yeah, it's Google searching for Carol.
Speaker 6: Baskin as we speak.
Speaker 1: Somehow the people of the Internet found a picture with her and this guy. They discovered his real name, and they were able to track the guy down in less than two hours.
Speaker 4: This is so juicy.
Speaker 5: Come on, less than two hours and you couldn't have done that in thee.
Speaker 2: Where are your girlfriends at?
Speaker 1: It turns out this guy is actually married, I know it, which now makes sense why he was using a fake name when he was talking to her. Maybe the wife figured out what was going on between him and Catherine and made him break it off. But was the internet. It's satisfied, no want of flesh. So they went and they found.
Speaker 2: His Facebook and then did they tell her?
Speaker 1: They started leaving comments on his wedding photos calling him out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they like snake emoji to him.
Speaker 1: I feel bad at first, I'm like, wait a minute, this guys a cheater. Yeah, destroy him. So that happened, and were they done?
Speaker 3: Close?
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy is living a miserable life. Let's living a lie. He can't sleep at night.
Speaker 1: This is the closure that we live in the Internet wants everybody who ever makes a mistake can't.
Speaker 2: Say what did they do?
Speaker 1: So they also found out where the guy worked, and they started commenting on his work Facebook page and contacted his employer directly asking for him to be fired for what he's done.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's crossing the line.
Speaker 1: That's the Internet nowadays. If I was his boss, so I'd be like, wow, he is very committed to what he does. He has excellent follow through. I don't want to lose him.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: If I was his wife that I was about to divorce him and be like, yo, you're ruining my alimony, not a job.
Speaker 2: I need him to have a job, and I'm married to him.
Speaker 1: And then the people of the internet went and found his seven year old daughter's Instagram.
Speaker 2: Do not wait, Why does his seven year old have an Instagram?
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm a terrible Tara.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have any kids. But we don't know what's going to happen next in this story, but Catherine says she has come to terms with the deception, and now she's encouraging all her supporters online to stop commenting on the guy's stuff and just let it be.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna happen, honey. He's got to change his name again, exactly.
Speaker 1: But I think you can learn a lot of really important lessons. It's important to recognize red flag so you can learn going forward, which is why I want to hear from our listeners.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's help.
Speaker 1: People out with their future relationships. Text into seven, eight, five, nine to two. Tell us your craziest story about how you got ghosted. We'll do the best ones next. Wow, isn't dating fun?
Speaker 4: Sometimes?
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, if you're just joining us, We've been talking about a woman from New York named Catherine, who's going viral on TikTok today after sharing her crazy story about how she got ghosted by her boyfriend of two years.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so insane.
Speaker 1: No, you like two dates? I'm getting ghosted? Yeah, year, because after two years together, one day, her boyfriend said he came down with COVID, told her that he went to the hospital but was starting to feel better, and then that same day stopped responding and never responded ever again. The phone a week later started to go to voicemail. And this is what Catherine did next.
Speaker 4: I freaked out. I started calling the hospital, thinking maybe something happened and he's at the hospital. He wasn't there. I called all the hospitals in the area, and he wasn't there. I called the police and filed a missing person's report, and you know what they told me. They told me my boyfriend did not exist. So not only did my boyfriend ghost me by faking his own death, he also had lied to me for two years about his real identity.
Speaker 2: Hello, I stumbag was married.
Speaker 7: I called it.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, the Internet found out the guy's real name, tracked down his social media within two hours, and started commenting on his wedding photos asking him to be fired from his job. It's an insane story, but I wanted to hear from some of our listeners too, because I know that they probably have some insane dating stories and let them vent about the crazy ways that they've been ghosted in the past.
Speaker 2: Or ghosted themselves. Yeah, maybe they were the ghoster.
Speaker 1: Either way, can we welcome all sorts of ghosts here. Let's start with Tiffany, tell us your craziest ghosting story.
Speaker 8: Okay, so I met a guy online a couple of years ago.
Speaker 6: We were talking through like a.
Speaker 8: Couple of weeks through the summer, and then he totally ghosted me and it was like kind.
Speaker 7: Of late August.
Speaker 8: And then two weeks later I started my new semester. I was in college at the time, and turns out he was my professor.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Well, I mean maybe he got his class list and he saw your name and he's like, oh, can't mix.
Speaker 2: No, probably not.
Speaker 8: Well, he clearly didn't plan ahead because I was in her class and it was super awkward.
Speaker 2: He better have given you an a Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I did well in that class.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Michael. Michael tell us your craziest ghosting story.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm actually the ghost er. I feel like I need to start with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, bad boy, what'd you do?
Speaker 6: Yes? Right, don't judge me yet.
Speaker 3: I have a very very good reason.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I was out on our it was like our third or fourth date.
Speaker 3: It had been okay.
Speaker 6: We went and saw a movie and she would not shut up the entire movie, like you get whispering to me and like asking me questions, and I was like, I don't know, I haven't seen the movie either. The absolute final straw was when she pulled out her phone in the middle of the movie to google the end of the movie and started telling.
Speaker 5: Me one of those people she was rooting in the end of the movie, that's that's messed up.
Speaker 2: But she's just excited. That doesn't give you like you can't ghost her because of that? That's me.
Speaker 1: I disagree, absolutely ghost worthy. How did you end up ghosting?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: I dropped her off at home and then just blocked her number.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: She couldn't google search the end of that, could she.
Speaker 1: Let's keep this going, Maggie, tell us about your craziest ghosting story.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, all right, Hey, someone's been drinking this min name.
Speaker 5: Hey, oh my god, what's your Maggie?
Speaker 7: Okay, dated this guy for like five months?
Speaker 2: Okay, but for five months.
Speaker 7: It was getting really really serious, like we actually met each other's parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean five months is enough time to really know someone and knows you want to spend a lot of time with them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I have to five months out of nowhere. He just stopped answering my cold my text. What for ten days I've been trying to contact him, like ten I was like, what's going on? What's going on? Like, I don't know where to find him? So then I decided after ten days, okay, this is really weird. Yes, I go to his apartment and then I find out through his roommate that he moved to London.
Speaker 2: What what his roommate tells you that he moved to London?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he moved to London. Old ties with me blocked me on social media.
Speaker 2: What you have no idea? You have no idea why.
Speaker 7: And don't know why? Still still today.
Speaker 6: I don't know why.
Speaker 7: But here's the interesting part. Two years later, I'm at a Chipotle around the block no from my apartment, No, And behind the counter is the guy working. Oh my god, I was seriously, I just walked outside.
Speaker 1: No, you got to make him make that degrading burrito for you?
Speaker 3: Are you're the.
Speaker 1: Weird lady crying ordering a burrito bowl.
Speaker 2: The owner is Maggie that day.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna forget that name?
Speaker 1: Why are all the customers in Chipotle crying today? Shane tell us your craziest ghosting story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my ex and I we were down on the Caribbean at the beach, supposedly having a nice vacation.
Speaker 2: Well, hello, this all sounds great to me so far.
Speaker 3: I honestly can't remember who started the fight because we had a bunch of rum by that point. Well, we've been there, so the fight was over. Like you're checking out this person, No, you're checking out this person. So like she was saying, I was looking at some other girls.
Speaker 1: But it was a word fight. That's good to clear. I didn't want to say anything. I don't know who started.
Speaker 3: The other way that I should have led with that.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you guys were arguing, correct, correct?
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 3: So she says, fine, Well I'm going to go back to the hotel and fine, I'll see you there. So a couple of hours later, a couple more drinks later, I go to the hotel room and all my stuff is there, but all of her stuff is gone. She had used some hotel stationery. You know they got the pen in the paper there by the ball. Yeah. She writes me a note that says I got a flight home and I left with the guy from the beach. I don't know if that is true or not. I'm guessing she took a flight home, but it was the last time I ever saw was walking away on the sunny stands. Look make poor guy from the beach.
Speaker 1: He's like, wait, where are we taking?
Speaker 2: I don't get napped. I mean, if you're going to get your heart broken, it's a good setting. Yeah, that's where you do it.
Speaker 1: All right, I think we might have time for one more. Let's go to Mary Anne. Tell us your craziest ghosting story.
Speaker 9: Hi, Okay, I was offered two jobs, and one was a great job in the same town where my boyfriend of three years lived three years, and then the other was.
Speaker 8: A less great job. It was a fine job, but it was in my dream city.
Speaker 5: So you're obviously picking the one where your boyfriend lives, right.
Speaker 2: The great job in the city city.
Speaker 8: I mean, it was my dream city, so I mean I did, like think about it. I had a hard time deciding, and I asked my boyfriend, of course, and he ended up kind of gently nudging me to take job number one so I could, you know, be in the same town that he was in. Yeah, And then the morning after I accepted.
Speaker 9: I woke up to him gone, just gone, everything gone, out of the apartment, totally ghosted.
Speaker 2: What No, I just made a life decision. Wait, you made a life decision based on him and he.
Speaker 9: Left, Yeah, like just out of nowhere, and I had no idea what happened. Finally, eight months go by. Eight months and one of his friends finally told me that he took a job in my green city.
Speaker 2: So he just didn't want you to live there.
Speaker 9: I guess he like planned the whole thing out and wanted it to be like a just a clean break.
Speaker 8: I guess she was.
Speaker 2: He was, and you said, I got this job in the same city you're going.
Speaker 1: To move to, and he was like, don't do that. I feel like he's the one that took your other job.
Speaker 5: Don't take that one.
Speaker 1: Our text board is really blowing up right now.
Speaker 5: Texts.
Speaker 2: So sorry, I just I'll call you back. I mean, I'm not your ex.
Speaker 1: But Book's going to be crying over her Bury now, so keep those texts coming. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the
Speaker 2: Morning brooking jeff Free in the Morning.