Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club Morning, everybody's the dej MV Jess, Hilarry Schela mean the guy. We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest on the line, on the zoom, on the whatever you want to call it, Luda Chris. Ladies and gentlemen, what.
Speaker 1: Up, Luda? What up?
Speaker 3: My family was going on. Congratulations Jess, How you doing?
Speaker 2: Jess is actually she's pregnant, so she in and out the room, so she probably in the bathroom throwing up maybe right now.
Speaker 1: But yes, well, congratulations twice. Good it is.
Speaker 4: Lutera is hosting the iHeart Radio Music Awards on April first.
Speaker 1: That's not April Fool's joke. Is actually happening. I was gonna say that same thing, but you beat me to it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I cannot wait to do this, miss, my first time hosting the Ieheart. Has been a minute since I hosted something. But you know, I'm a big kid. I'm gonna have a lot of fun. We're gonna bring a lot of energy, not an April Fool's joke whatsoever, because I like to joke around a lot too.
Speaker 1: But this ain't no games, no game.
Speaker 3: It's fit factor the last than yoursen Nah, I think the Billboard Award if I'm not the Billboard Awards three years in a row.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, Now, did you have more fun at the Super Bowl or when you performed in Atlanta when you was hanging from the ceiling sliding all the way down?
Speaker 1: Which one did you have more fun? Envy? That's a that's a hard that's a hard question.
Speaker 3: But you know when I was sliding down the you know when I was, when I was repelling downe it wasn't over one hundred million people around the world watching me. That was just kind of a certain amount. I would have to say the Super Bowl, man, because that was just one of those moments in time where I was I was nervous for my friend. This boy was on roller skates and all type of stuff, and we know that he practices these things, but that was it was a little different, man. And uh, I just felt the energy from around the world on that day a little bit more than I felt on that repelling down from the Georgia Dome.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get nervous? And I know you perform every weekend and you've done these shows like that one time the biggest stage and you forget a word or you stutter or did you did that ever cross your mind at all?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: So you know what Little John asked me that before we went on, And I'm gonna say something that probably no artists probably ever says, absolutely, Bro, I getting nervous all the time. The moment you stop getting nervous is the moment that you don't care. And you know who told me that, may he rest in peace. DMX said that to me, man, and I took that the heart ever since. I'm always nervous right before I hit stage because I care so much. But as soon as I hit that stage, as soon as my voice comes on that mic, all the nervousness goes out the way.
Speaker 1: But always always nervous. You know.
Speaker 4: Lude we're on zoom, but you know, I can see who's on the zoom and I see the good brother Shaka Zulu on the zoom. Man, it's incredible to see men, especially Black men, have such a long, healthy relationship like like y'all have.
Speaker 1: What do you mean to still have.
Speaker 4: Shaka in your life after, you know, especially after what he just went through.
Speaker 1: Man, Listen, Shaka is my mentor.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all saw when I received my Hollywood Walk of Fame, Man, but it occurred to me at that moment that Shaka and his brother Jeff for like the fathers that I've had since my father passed.
Speaker 1: Away, Man, and I started breaking down in tears.
Speaker 3: So I can say a lot of things, but I hope that makes you understand how much it is how much it means to me to have someone like Shaka in my life man, as a mentor, as a guid as a as a friend, as a as a figure that just continues to keep me on my best behavior and keep me on my toes.
Speaker 1: Man, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: We've been in the game over over two decades and been rocking with each other. No contract. It was a handshake and it's been like that of a since And.
Speaker 4: That started at radio right how long?
Speaker 3: Seven nine yes, and ninety seven five at the time. So man, this is a it's a radio family thing, man. And like we said, this was in Atlanta. We just sold this to be et by the way, this whole story. So man, it's for all the radio people.
Speaker 1: Have they got the official green light. I know you got the BT Plus series, It got the official green light.
Speaker 3: We got the official greenlight. Man, I'm gonna do everybody proud.
Speaker 4: Have you picked to playing you who, playing Shaka Who? Playing Jeff Who playing a young Outlid?
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know, not yet, but we ain't got to that stage yet. But we're taking all suggestions. We know you out there producing stuff too, so man, you know, give us your list. We gotta we gotta figure this out. We got to match the right people, you know what I mean. It's got to be as real as possible.
Speaker 1: That's right. You know. It's funny.
Speaker 4: I got my new book coming out, and I wrote about you in the book because I was a young intern at the time. But I remember when you was at Z ninety three Jams and Charleston and even though even though What's your Fantasy was popping, you came in and ran your own board, and yes, and I'll never forget that, like you were doing the interview, but you like, now, let me run the board, and I'll never forget.
Speaker 1: I just don't. I never forget that, bro, that's crazy. I never forget that.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you know, I don't just say this, man, because I follow y'all on social media, but.
Speaker 1: My your first book. It was an amazing just piece of art and a piece of work. And I'm just I'm proud.
Speaker 3: Of you because I know this ain't your This is like your third or fourth one. So man, congratulations on that. I can't wait to read it now, especially not on that I'm in the them.
Speaker 1: Yes, bro, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Now, I gotta ask you. Know you're a lyricist and you will bite back anybody that mentions your name. We see you with Cat Williams. But now that you're seeing the shots going back and forth with these these lyricists, do you enjoy it? Because you feel like hip hop got a little too everybody's too cool with each other.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't care where hip hop is it.
Speaker 3: I enjoy anytime people are coming at each other's next, like in the right way. I absolutely love what's going on. Like I was just saying that we're witnessing you know, you just talked about the Super Bowls. Super Bowl is all about who wants it the most. We just we witness in March madness live about who wants it the most. That competitive we witness in history with Lebron James doing amazing historic things and everybody always talks about who's the greatest and who's the best, and the debates. I love and hip hop is of no exception. I love in hip hop when people just try to prove to each other and you got the best of the best, and you know, I'm loving what's going on.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to how this plays out.
Speaker 4: Well, Louda, what you're saying that, you know Nelly, mav and Paul was just up here, like literally just walked out talking about the shop. But you know, Nelly was on the shop and he said that his era of rap was the toughest and most competitive, like, so that was your era to yeah, j m Wayne fifty and lud he said that, you know, you actually said your name, If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't be at all mad at that statement because I was just on drink Champs and I was literally talking about how you know that I went to the award shows and the Grammys obviously year after year after year for the first decade. I mean, I'm over here out selling a lot of these artists and I'm losing. And what I mean by that is I was up against DMX, I was up against jay Z, I was up against eminem in these categories every single time, and I just you know, I had to keep.
Speaker 1: My head, my head held high.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know, after about a decade or so, I finally started winning. But yes, I would say in terms of competition, in terms of going at each other, in terms of subliminals flying, in terms of direct lyrics flying, it was just extremely competitive. Now, I'm sure anybody in their era is going to say that's the toughest era. But I can't be mad at that statement. I feel the same way.
Speaker 2: How important is is family and your wife to you and keeping that that that bond fresh, spicy and new like I've seen recently when you gave her I'm not sure what Holliday was. I think it was her birthday or Christmas when you made her do obstacle courses to get a bag and she had to shen't get it, she couldn't climb. But how how important is that for you and your relationship?
Speaker 1: It's extremely important to keep stuff fresh? Man.
Speaker 3: You can't do the same things over and over again. You gotta keep that's That's just one thing that's in my nature.
Speaker 1: Though. Man, I love constantly, Uh.
Speaker 3: Just you know, I love constantly trying new things, especially when it comes to exciting my wife, you know what I mean. So I think it was Valentine's Day again that you're talking about, and I made her do a little obstacle.
Speaker 1: Course, I hate doing the same thing over and over. He made it do.
Speaker 2: Obstacles I don't think nobody could do. He made a climb rock walls after climbing rock walls like you, made it do a lot like damn.
Speaker 1: He hosted Fear Factor, So that's on brand. That's on brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm an innovator, man, I got to innovate in all walks of my life.
Speaker 4: One question I got to ask you for you go, was Kat Williams ever really offered your role in Fast and Furious?
Speaker 1: No? He never, He never, I don't, not that I know of. You said, was he offered a role?
Speaker 4: Because he said, If I'm not mistaken, I could be misquoting this. I thought he said on Club they offered him to roll, but he didn't take it because he wasn't willing to do what okay, the compromising things that they needed allegedly allegedly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And to answer your question, I wouldn't be the right person to ask that question. I have no idea if he was offered a role in The Fast or not. I do know that I saw him at Rick Ross's crib some years back, and everything was perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: But he's a comedian, you know, he tells jokes, So it is what it is.
Speaker 4: You didn't take you didn't take offense to nothing. Even when he was saying things like, oh, you know, it's about seven people.
Speaker 1: With ugly light skin wives.
Speaker 4: If you do this and you do that, you get an ugly light skin wife and movie.
Speaker 3: Rolls or chala mane. It was so laughable what he said that I was to me, I was I was just like, I couldn't believe what he was saying.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, I don't.
Speaker 3: I took it as laughable because he's a comedian, and that's why I kind of responded with some laughing little stuff.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, could you beat him?
Speaker 2: Could you beat him in a foot race?
Speaker 1: You know what? That's a good question, that's a great question. I don't know. We got to see because he is fast out there. Sure well.
Speaker 2: Tonight April first, Luther Chris host the iHeart Radio Music Awards, and we got to get you up here in person. I know you're running around doing your thing, but next time you're in New York, you got to stop through.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be on Fox tonight. Absolutely, I'll see y'all. Let the Awards show man all love for much.
Speaker 2: Is Ludacris just the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club.