Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's trying to convince ESPN to take his new idea for a sport and run with it. He calls it FCF full Contact Fishing.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: No, it's if a guy in the boat next to you hooks a bigger trout, you jump off the top deck of your boat.
Speaker 2: Onto him and take that bad boy for yourself.
Speaker 1: It's Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a lasers like that, Sam and Slammers just don't. This first laser story is out of North Carolina. Thirty seven year old man named Christopher Miglino is being hailed as a hero.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool. That's a good way to start. At least he was.
Speaker 1: According to the police report, he was walking around his neighborhood and saw a house on fire, so he yelled for somebody to call the fire department. Meanwhile, he whipped out a guard and hose and tried battling it himself.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Him very brave.
Speaker 1: And when the actual firefighters showed up, they repeatedly asked Christopher to leave, but he wouldn't. Instead, he kept yelling we're in this together.
Speaker 2: From the department a few times. He's having his moment.
Speaker 1: Wasn't just that, but he was also wearing some kind of New York City Fire Department gear and was barking orders to the other guys on how to keep the blaze down. So after he refused to leave the scene of a fire four separate times, Christopher was eventually arrested. Get wing to this guy goes to an NFL game and just tries to play football.
Speaker 2: Because he did it once. He was taken to jail and hit with three separate charges.
Speaker 1: As for the fire, it looks like they were able to stop it in time where it only did minimal damage.
Speaker 2: And that's why I say he's a little bit of a hero. Yeah, he was still there.
Speaker 1: This next lazer's always out of Colville, Washington. If you're an unusually hairy man, maybe steer clear of northeast Washington next month, or at least keep your shirt on. I say that because the Sheriff's office in Calville posted a funny update on Facebook after a guy called in to ask if he's allowed to hunt sasquatchy man.
Speaker 2: Wait, was that the real call or was it not. I actually, I honestly asked you that wasn't this particular? It sounded legit to me.
Speaker 1: But he said he's going to be coming in from out of town and he wanted to know if bigfoot hunting is legal there, and if so, does he need a special license.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. Bigfoot doesn't exist. No, yeah, there's a rule you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't shoot harry men, harry people that are walking on their highlids. They told them it was really more of a question for the Fish and Wildlife office.
Speaker 2: Okaye, but working.
Speaker 1: The front desk, but he said he already had called them, and they told him to ask the cops about it. Tell the guy know whoever took the call passed it all the way up the chain of command. He told them he wanted to clarify that he was only interested in bagging a male sasquatch.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, you don't want to get like a dough.
Speaker 1: He of course would not hunt it. He would not shoot a female. This is a gentleman. That would be in humane. Also, the man said he understands there might not be many.
Speaker 2: Left in that area.
Speaker 1: In that area because he heard that the deputies frequently hit them with their patrol cars at night.
Speaker 2: Did he finally get someone to confirm that for him? No confirmation.
Speaker 1: The chief of police wanted to pass along that in case anybody else is considering traveling to the area to hunt Bigfoot. This next laser stories out of weather World. There's now a way to guarantee no rain on your vacations really, or at least get a refund if the weather does suck.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought we were going to only be able to travel to the desert or something.
Speaker 1: Because there's a new app called weather Promise, which guarantees up to ten thousand dollars if it rains on your world travels. What I need this so it rains everywhere I know.
Speaker 2: How does it work?
Speaker 1: Weather Promise has you put in your travel destination okay, when you're gonna be there, and how much the trip is going to cost okay, and then they'll use their artificial intelligence software to tell you how much they think it's going to rain, and if they get it wrong, they.
Speaker 2: Will cover the cost of your entire trip.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why are they just volunteering themselves for that? It's amazing that sure that the AI can get it right.
Speaker 2: That simple.
Speaker 1: The users will receive an apology along with instructions to click a link and confirm payment details so that the full cost of your vacation is refunded immediately.
Speaker 2: However, there is a catch.
Speaker 1: Weird go Jeff do You have to pay for weather insurance and prices.
Speaker 2: On that may vary depending on where you're going in for how.
Speaker 1: Long, So you have to pay them in order to get any money from them bingo okay, Like, for example, a five thousand dollars trip to Honolulu for two weeks, the weather insurance on that would run you two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: WHOA what pricey? It is pricey?
Speaker 1: But if it rains, Honestly, if you're just betting right, if they're wrong, you're gonna get your trip for free. Yo.
Speaker 2: And in Hawaii it will rain for like five minutes and then stopped.
Speaker 1: But it's like if it rains more than their prediction, yes, that's why you have to You have to like beat a dai at you're like literally doing raine. Yes, and what if they're right about the weather, well, then you lose the two hundred and fifty dollars that you paid them for the insurance. So is it worth the gamble. Oh kind of sounds like, well, just remember the house always wins. So there's a reason they started this company. Yeah, it was to lose money.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, Jeff, Yeah, we'll try this next Laser stories had a food.
Speaker 1: News, Would cute fruit be more enticing to you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Already, cute climb are amazing? If so.
Speaker 1: New adorably tiny single serving pineapples just made their debut.
Speaker 2: My house, sir, are going to be looking at the picture here. The size of an apple, it's like a grape.
Speaker 1: It looks like it could fit into just a regular sized cereal bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but once.
Speaker 1: You take the skin off, this in core it like it's.
Speaker 2: About the look before you cut it. Hey, sorry, it's more aesthetic for the house.
Speaker 1: The smaller pineapples are about the size of their fist and small. The company del Monte is behind it, calling the small pineapples precious honey glows, and they only weigh a pound.
Speaker 2: Or two pineacuties. I want to call them tineapples. Oh I like that too. They're supposed to be a little bit sweeter.
Speaker 1: So if your issue with pineapples is they're not sweet enough, issue sweet acid, Well, problem literally what it is that was Also, they're small enough for a couple of people to eat in one sitting, or if you're a fan, you could polish one off all by yourself. So why are they doing this? Yeah, they say it's to reduce food waste and also because more of us live alone now American households.
Speaker 2: Are occupied by a single person.
Speaker 1: So for now, at least you probably won't see them in your local grocery store. They're only available online and you can find the link for it up on our instance stories at Brook and Jeffrey pineapples online for the Snoop Dogg character in front of me.
Speaker 2: It's real fruit. It's gonna rot. It'll be our little show mascot. Yeah, sorry, pineapples. You always want to put pineapples on the doors around here. And I know.
Speaker 1: I like that story because it debunks the theory that bigger is always better.
Speaker 2: The new saying is smaller is the new baller. Yeah, that's going to pick up. And that's what this guy is saying. And he's a crawler. And that's how these stories we'll come to an end of the day. We'll do it again the same time on Wednesday. Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,