Speaker 1: I listen to your shot every single day.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Clod we got Danny the Breakfast Club as I want.
Speaker 3: A breakfast club, Brady, I can't say breakfast club without jis work with club.
Speaker 4: You're like this rare air.
Speaker 1: She got platforms and partners all over the place.
Speaker 5: Because your man is so high, people want to be in visits to the Breakfast Block.
Speaker 6: I don't think white people know how popular.
Speaker 1: You guys are. DJ Vy just hilarious, Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 6: You guys really are like that hip hop early morning late night talk.
Speaker 2: Yea, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Hello, who is this?
Speaker 4: Good morning at brug.
Speaker 6: Hey, bro, good morning.
Speaker 8: Get it off your chest? Where you going from?
Speaker 4: Calling promo Califlorida?
Speaker 8: Okay, we'll get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 4: Tired to be in the show for running everybody around? Beyond day friends, kids, my kids right now currently six twelve.
Speaker 9: In the morning and going eighty miles an hour.
Speaker 6: On damn Highway?
Speaker 1: Are you er you're getting around and go?
Speaker 4: Are you er just a mom, stay at home mom, always running everybody around. If it ain't Walmart, it's school.
Speaker 10: If it ain't school, it's.
Speaker 1: So much's jobs.
Speaker 4: I don't ever get to sit down.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 6: Well, we appreciate your service.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: How many kids you have money?
Speaker 4: I have two, but I take care of four.
Speaker 1: Hey, well that's that's your girls.
Speaker 4: Two boys, three, three or four, four, six and seven.
Speaker 9: Well, we appreciate your service. And you should look at the blessing that you know. You're not in a position where you have to actually go to go to a job. You're a beautiful housewife and you're holding it.
Speaker 8: Down for Yes, she got to thank you so much that job.
Speaker 4: And I don't ever clalk out that's twenty eight eight eight.
Speaker 11: I know that's right, well, Jordan, because they did, they get old fast and they forget about you.
Speaker 4: Oh they do, they do. And I just want to shout out to chests real quick. I just want to tell you how much I love you, girl. You are the reason why I listen to this radio station every morning.
Speaker 2: Things so much to your fucking you got to are the closest.
Speaker 4: I've ever been to anybody.
Speaker 6: Samen. Yeah, you call them Florida Florida. Okay, we'll have a good one.
Speaker 4: My call every morning I called and I finally got through, So thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 4: I hope they have a great day.
Speaker 8: Bless you too.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 8: Who's this all right?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 8: They rock where you calling them from?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 8: Get it off your chest, mama.
Speaker 4: Hey, I want to know why I pay taxes my kids that go with seventeen is not considered as offended. And I can't get them so big at credits everybody else getting for those kids are the seventeen when if they're twenty you have to pay jobs for.
Speaker 13: It for them off until they're twenty five if they're in college.
Speaker 4: And Uncle Fat for financial dependent in my house.
Speaker 6: Hey, well when you find out, let me know.
Speaker 9: Okay, past the plug all I got to write the kids off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't look after uh after those.
Speaker 1: People want to go off.
Speaker 6: It's like I definitely will.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, thank you mama.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Taxes and is here.
Speaker 9: We do have to figure I don't never mind what I was just about to say. Man, we do have to figure something out with taxes. Man, Like they don't make no sense how much money that we have to pay in taxes, especially when these billionaires don't be getting taxed to goddamn thing. That's okay, Like it don't make no sense. We do have to figure that part of the game out, Okay. When they talk about restructuring certain uh certain systems and organizations in this country, yeah, let's let's start with that.
Speaker 6: Figure something else up.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 6: I I don't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 9: I'm talking about wanting to pay less money in taxes. Okay, clearly I'm paying my more than my fast shaff I would like to pay less.
Speaker 6: We all would get it off your chest.
Speaker 11: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now.
Speaker 6: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, the breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 1: This is the Hey D good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 13: I need to talk to my fellow listin.
Speaker 6: How you doing d? Yes?
Speaker 8: How are you doing now?
Speaker 10: Charlotte, big brother almighty? What did the luxury sized community do to you? The whole community, the luxury science community aka the big.
Speaker 6: Beat luxury like that.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 9: We were talking about what word should we use to describe people instead our.
Speaker 4: Size, our sides of the luxury because we're sure, instead of drugs, umbrella bay.
Speaker 2: But what we do to you nothing.
Speaker 6: Listen. Here's the thing.
Speaker 9: I didn't even know when Jess Larryce was telling that story. I didn't even know the woman was a part of the big back community. I just said, it sounds like she she is.
Speaker 10: A luxury SI senor.
Speaker 13: But here's the thing, I'm no more slim shit said.
Speaker 10: It got played than that. That the seminade. And then on top of that, he was paying her bill.
Speaker 6: He was paying her bill. Usually it's the other way around. Usually it's the big back paying.
Speaker 13: The bills, paying the bill.
Speaker 6: Listen, it's big, really offensive.
Speaker 1: But I don't like luxury.
Speaker 10: I love the luxury size.
Speaker 6: I like luxury, but.
Speaker 8: Luxury just means expensive, don't Yeah big.
Speaker 9: A qussure right now.
Speaker 4: So it's expensive, but the luxury right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, luxury means bigger usually oh yeah, yeh, luxury is big.
Speaker 13: I like that.
Speaker 10: You don't mental health said, you can't put that narrative out that like we just all that, but that's not the case.
Speaker 9: Well, you're right, But I just said, in that case, it did sound like big back behavior, and I was right.
Speaker 6: So is it a stereotype if it's true, I didn't know she was big.
Speaker 8: They just don't like to turn big back. But see what luxury means.
Speaker 6: Extravagant living.
Speaker 9: It means copulus like extravagant, too extravagant size, it's extravagant, just means all that sounds big though, extravagant, premium premium size, all that sounds good.
Speaker 8: On ninety three, I say you, I'm just premium back.
Speaker 6: Premium back.
Speaker 2: I love premium back.
Speaker 6: Premium back is good.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, Hello, who's this Carrie?
Speaker 6: Hey? Carry going here?
Speaker 13: I like to say, yes, he's doing a great job.
Speaker 10: I don't know what happened, but those comments got her working good.
Speaker 8: Man, She's doing she was doing a good job.
Speaker 6: Comments, you know, I mean she's doing good, doing good now, just hilarious her.
Speaker 11: You just can't say Jess is doing it damn thing. You ain't got to go to what she's doing her thing now she's killing.
Speaker 13: It and and she's killing it.
Speaker 8: I appreciate you, Carrie, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: All right, get it.
Speaker 8: Off your chest.
Speaker 11: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone line to wide open.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Club The.
Speaker 8: Morning, The Breakfast Club Morning Everybody.
Speaker 11: It's j Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage, the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests in the building. Yes, indeed, we got a little brother here. Absolutely bio. How y'all brother's feeling?
Speaker 1: Man, good man, we alive so you can have.
Speaker 9: Thankful thankful they got the new documentary made of Lord Watch the Little Brother's Story.
Speaker 6: Why that title?
Speaker 3: I mean, first it we started this when we were making the album Made a Little Watch twenty eighteen, twenty eighteen, So this was kind of like to bring into that era, and it just made sense. It just really made sense, like thinking about everything that we kind of went through and survived, the Lord had to be watching over us. It was the next relation. So now, man, that was just kind of felt this felt like a conclusion of that chapter. And yeah, five years in the making, man, So it's out now on YouTube.
Speaker 8: So you got to college and you guys met each other, So talk about that process how you guys met.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of this is actually in the documentary.
Speaker 11: But how you guys met and but attracted you guys together and then you started this rap group that became Underground Legends.
Speaker 3: Man, it was it was very organic. I met Pool well first, I met ninth we met, Uh we met, I think I met. We met first ninety eight, Yeah, we met, yeah, ninety eight. Yeah, so yeah, we met through a mutual friend. Knife was on campus and he was we was moving in the dorm. Like we saw each other from the dorm and uh over Source magazine. We started chopping up all this is in the dock. But long story short, we basically just kind of started, you know, working together. This was at a time when you know, it was at the time this is like ninety eight, so this is when No Limit is like killing everything, especially up. Yeah, so aheb see you No Limit at a like the Ghetto d album dropped my freshman year.
Speaker 1: That was all you heard in every room, like we was bumping that none stuff.
Speaker 3: The body made listen what listen we read Ghetto Dope. So but so everybody was pumping that. So if you were a kid that was into like raucous or soundbomb, like you know, meeting someone else that was into that that was kind of rare, you know what I mean. So when you met somebody that was on that same wave, I it's like, oh, I found my people. So we just kind of linked up and just started making records.
Speaker 6: And people out there.
Speaker 11: When he said Ruckus Ruckus record, you got to tell him because someentializer, Yeah, because this was the label that you know, I would see lyrical, miracle, spiritualentual, criminals, that type of thing.
Speaker 6: He can't help it break down because they said Rucus.
Speaker 8: Somebody might not know what it was. You know, it was very much.
Speaker 3: They were like it was an underground label, but it was you know, I mean most quality. You know, it was like pretty much eminem was on Rocket Soundbomb.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so they were just you know, putting out amazing stuff that we really enjoyed. And so we just kind of started making records, put some stuff up on the internet, and.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you sound is like today, But I don't know, how would you describe it sound today?
Speaker 6: Like now, it's not the.
Speaker 1: Same, it's not the same, but it's still us. It's still us.
Speaker 8: It's weird.
Speaker 3: It's like our sound has evolved musically, but it's still sound like Little Brothers. Yeah, like one of it I had after our last album came out maylod Watch, and then we just put out two singles last October October with Wish Me Well in Glory, Glory September September, September, My Bad. And one of the biggest compliments we got was that somebody said, yo, I can make an LB playlist from y'all stuff twenty years ago to now, and it sounds like y'all haven't missed the beat.
Speaker 6: I can tell that.
Speaker 3: It's dated, it doesn't sound it still sounds timeless, and that was something I think we always strive for. So that's if I had describe it, I would just say it's timeless.
Speaker 11: But you guys also came out in the era where the DJ in the producer was part of the group, right, yeah, yeah, sure, but it was of course run dmcj A, J Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jaff and Ninth Wonder was part of Little Brother in the beginning. Yeah he's not here now, So what's the relationship with Ninth Wonder? Is there no more relationship?
Speaker 3: There's no more relationship, but there's no no I mean we talk about it in the doc, but now we're just separate.
Speaker 1: Entities.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying that we came in the game together, but we're a little brother, he's ninth Wonder and we're just separate entity that we coexist peacefully, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's just what it is.
Speaker 9: But participating the doctor, but I mean, this is the little brother's story. That's a that's a question for him, yeah, you know, but like I would like to have heard his perspective of it now, is what did y'all reach out to it? We absolutely, yeah, we reached out, you know what I'm saying. Made it clear that you know, it wasn't this wasn't gonna be a hit piece. We wasn't coming for nobody next.
Speaker 3: You know, we're just telling our story in just a beautiful, honest way, and he just shows me not to participate.
Speaker 1: And that's his right too.
Speaker 9: I feel like y'all set them up nights, especially when you first told the early story about Uh.
Speaker 6: I forgot what album it was, but it was an album.
Speaker 1: It was awful.
Speaker 9: I feel like that get produced by DJ Premier and he was like, Yo, that's what I want to be one of y'all encourage.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yo, you can be that absolutely.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, we were always I mean we're coming up. I mean, you gotta keep in mind, like, dude, we like nineteen twenty years old, you know what I'm saying, Like, I mean, we you know, we're just trying to figure out let alone, trying to figure out how to be artists.
Speaker 1: Figure how to be men. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, so, you know, trying to figure out all that stuff at the same time. I mean, man, it's you know, it's it's tough. So but yeah, but we tried to tell the story just as honestly as you know, as we could. And uh but you know, we can't speak for another person. We can only tell our experience. And so he chose not to and that's his right. You see evolution in it. I mean you see dark skinned Leonard in there.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, you see.
Speaker 8: Like that sounds like something.
Speaker 9: He was.
Speaker 2: He was like, look, I'm not gonna look like one of the kids from Lean On Me. What's the club?
Speaker 12: The club?
Speaker 1: What year was that too?
Speaker 3: That That was myster show? That was on five five It was five, remember it was a five. That was the only we talked about it briefly on q LS. But yeah, that was the only interview that I missed because when we had to do that that run, I think your son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was when my son, the son was born. So it was just me and nine on that run.
Speaker 3: Every time I see that, I think about it because I wasn't as polished as I am now that doing interviews.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 8: Wasn't gonna be a t I don't know, I'm gonna work there, trying to dance around said, I ain't worked there? What it was like?
Speaker 1: No, No, that was that was funny. That was that was blashed from the past. I think it was five. It was five.
Speaker 11: So when ninth one that got the call from Hole to work with him and Hoe started doing production, do you think that production area kind of dismantled the group a lot?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not.
Speaker 10: Nah?
Speaker 1: Nah man, nah man. Like we we was happy.
Speaker 3: We was excited for him, you know what I mean, Like we got to go to baseline and hear it before it came out, sit there with Hole and all that.
Speaker 1: But nah, we knew what that's a big opportunity.
Speaker 3: It's jay Z, you know what I mean, Like, come on, man, you want stuff for your team like you want you know, if you know studying hip hop most of the big producers, they get their starting groups. So we just saw it's just a natural progression, you know what I mean. So yeah, it was amazing just to know that, you know, one of your homies can make a beat on his laptop and it ends up with jay Z rapping over.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was like, oh my god, like what all right?
Speaker 8: We got more with Little brother when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 6: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Everybody was still kicking it with Little Brothers, DJ n V, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne, God, they're in the building.
Speaker 12: Just how important is like awards to you, like and because you guys are very very very stern on who y'all are. Yeah, that and like you said earlier, you don't know who you are is conducive to some shit like this or you know, especially nowadays and the thirst and universus hunger. So how important are awards shows and like getting awards to it?
Speaker 1: Like man, I was, I'll go first.
Speaker 3: I was nominated my other group, the Foreign Exchange R and B group, we were nominated for a Grammy in twenty ten and I had the opportunity to go to the Grammys and really see what that experience was.
Speaker 1: And I think having that experience just showed me like, yeah, it's kind of a racket.
Speaker 3: Basically, I'm just keeping it in the band. I mean, it was you know, it was great to be honored. But again this is just the behind the scenes stuff that people don't get, you know what I mean. You know when you go to these shows first and foremost, you know, at least at that time, you know you you still gotta buy tickets, you still gotta pay for Like this don't come with a check at all. You can get out there and you can try to make something shake on your own if you want to do like I know the Roots they do their Grammy Jam session every year whatever, So if you want to kind of do that, you can. But generally speaking, just as a nominee, like everything is on you.
Speaker 8: So this is you know, you gotta pay to go to the Grammys if you're nominated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Tickets.
Speaker 1: Once you get the ticket, you get tickets for you. So at the time and when they get you some discount tickets.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: So it's like so if it's me and you are me and him is Grammy nominated, It's like Okay, y'all get free tickets to the show, but anyone you want to.
Speaker 2: Bring gotta pay.
Speaker 3: Y'all gotta pay, and we'll let you get it for half off. But you still got to pay half off still, like one hundred dollars. Oh no, no, no, no, no, not at the time.
Speaker 1: But I did it.
Speaker 3: Well, I know when it is when dream Bill was nominated and Luke went, he got a ticket. I think Dog got a ticket. And I think any extra tickets would have been like one hundred dollars or something.
Speaker 1: It might have been more. I don't remember. I'm that.
Speaker 12: I know that it was even for the bet tables at some point, like you had to pay. I remember I wanted to go one year and I had to pay, like it was like three forty or something like that.
Speaker 6: I didn't pay.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we might have been getting super dupe, you know at the time when I went.
Speaker 3: At the time when we went, the tickets for the Grammys, and again, this is twenty ten, so you know, I don't know what is now, but yeah, it's twenty ten. Like tickets for the Grammys twelve hundred dollars a piece, and so in order for us to go, you know, what I mean. We met me and Nick Nicko let my partner shots to him. We went and so our tickets were free. But then every one else, like we brought, you know, family, everybody, that was six hundred a pop.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's twelve hundred one tickets. Then you got you know, hotels, flights like you know, y'all buy clothes.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 3: We had to pay like a pr person, you know what I'm saying, to like walk to talk about, to walk you the red carpet, to talk of your nomination and everything, and you know, and I've never like we never talked about it. You know, it was something that we didn't just have toime to get into the dock. But like, man, after I came back from the Grammys, I had to take out like a personal loans. I'm like, God, damn, I don spit by damn eight thousand dollars like this, you know what I'm saying. And so so for me so to rich a question with the Awards, I think that and just in my experience it was I was glad I got to see it, but ultimately I'm just like.
Speaker 1: Nah, I don't Yeah, I'm good. I don't care.
Speaker 2: It plays the image.
Speaker 6: It plays image.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I mean listen, it's all you know, to be nominated for a Grammy, like to be you know, amongst you know, to sit amongst you know, be in that room and see it. Like I'm watching the show and it's like Kenny g Is like standing right there, like same hair, like same everything. And that's another thing too with the Grammys, dude specifically, like y'all watch it on TV at home and it's like three hours.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's not three hours, and it's longer.
Speaker 3: It's longer and with no and you it ain't no. At the time when we went, the Staples Center was like closing down. So like they have like the pre Grammy brunch before and you know, you get a little food whatever, and then they take you over to the main hall to the Grammy ceremony, and all the vendors in the Staples Center they shutting down, so it's no food for hours. It was like one dude we caught that had like the little uh he had like some candy and he had like you know, little snick of bars and damn Eminem's. So we bought like a couple like a bag of Eminem's and some snickers were sitting in there.
Speaker 1: Goddamn taking the Eminem's.
Speaker 3: Passings now, and I'm like, this is supposed to be music great this night, and even got them Eminem's in the Staples Center, not when we went. I'm just telling I've never been to the Grammys, but I've been to a BT hip Hop Awards.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 1: That was about them recording. That was about five hours and I.
Speaker 6: Was like, no food, we went, I walked out. I left taking too long. Man had to go, oh my.
Speaker 11: God, he really left like we supposed to present. He was like, I'm giving y'all ten minutes there all day.
Speaker 1: Was like, nah, that's.
Speaker 9: Really I'm like, you know, I'm like, yeah, I'm not beating none of that stuff, no, man, And I mean like for me, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be cool to be nominated for a Grammy. I ain't never been nominated.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the days, I can't be somewhere too long and not just say what I need to say. So listen, I just don't go to places where I'm going to be there a long time because you might have to say something. It might have to say something and let me tell you the truth. Yeah, and they're learning kind of learning what all this is, you know what I mean, Like it's a campaign.
Speaker 1: It's a campaign.
Speaker 3: It's not a meritocracy like the minute you and that was I guess the thing for me. But once I saw that, you know, it was really you know, it's super political, it's super you know who you know, like it's a lot of those things. But you know, for for for me, all I cared about was just making the music. And you know, if my music is standing up against somebody, you know, just judging on the basis of the music. Once you're getting all this other, it's just like again it was educational. It's like, Okay, I know that's what it is. Now, all right, cool, I'm good on it, you know what I mean. And that's the thing I want to make clear. It's not that we don't care. We just understand what it is and what it's gonna take if you want to make that run. It's like running for president, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Will we ever get a fonte Pool Knife wonder reunion? Nah, damn, damn.
Speaker 8: Didn't even think about it. It was like maybe there was a possibility a couple of years.
Speaker 6: Why why Like they don't know, they don't understand, you know what from the.
Speaker 8: That's so you gotta watch the die.
Speaker 9: It's in the doc I mean we talk about everything, but like it don't seem like it's none of y'all can't reconcile.
Speaker 11: It seems like they could be like at least maybe it's.
Speaker 8: Not it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not even it's not even thinking about reconciling anything.
Speaker 10: It's just.
Speaker 1: It's just that's just not what it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know little brothers, Fonte and Pool and Knife Wonder is Ninfe Wonder and you know, we wish them all the best and you know whatever, all his endeavors and we're gonna keep doing us is what it is.
Speaker 12: Anyways, Beyonce, what's up with Michelle and Kelly and Farah?
Speaker 9: Come on, she said, Pharah, But that it's not the same because Desiney's child. We we got like it felt like we got closure with that. You know, I don't think we got closure with the little brother.
Speaker 1: The documentary is closure.
Speaker 3: No Charlomagne documentary, it's all Sometimes we're not we're not afforded the closure we want.
Speaker 1: You get.
Speaker 8: Check out the documentary this little Brother, thank you for having us.
Speaker 3: Just congratulations. I love the Baltimore I was hearing. I was like, yes, congratulations the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. D J n V Jess Hilary, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you just join us.
Speaker 11: We're talking about Charlemagne giving out in Atlanta all places this weekend.
Speaker 6: Yes, So what happened in Atlanta this weekend?
Speaker 12: One of my friends called me and told me that he was creeping out of chair convention and I was like, Oh, that's because his family is there. He has, you know, fifteen year old and a wife. And he was like a wife. Oh he was low key giving because I spoke to him and he was very much you know, trying to lookey, give like flirt with him. That's what he was insinuating. And he was like when I told him that he had a wife, he was so disappointed. He was like, see that these these married men be given mixed signals.
Speaker 6: So what mixed signals? Just because you nice to a human.
Speaker 11: It seems like you do this because we have a young lady on the phone or maybe a man I don't want to. I don't want to let me see and he and she said she met Charlemagne before and it was similar, Hello.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hello, good morning, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 6: You can tell us.
Speaker 8: What's your name, mama, I I'm Sharon.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I want to just briefly just talk about the interaction that I had with Charlamagne.
Speaker 9: Charlamae.
Speaker 10: This is going to be a compliment to you, Okay.
Speaker 4: So I took my kids. My daughter at that time was in her early twenties, my son was a eleven year old, and you were at an event. I can't remember the event, and we stood on your book signing. We throw online to get the book signed, and you took the time with each one of my children and myself to speak to us, look directly in our eyes, and engage. So I can see how people can interpret that as flirting, but it really, to me came across as being very sincere. And my kids remember that to this day.
Speaker 1: They remember meeting you.
Speaker 6: So well, that's beautiful. You thought I was flirting with your kids, and she.
Speaker 4: Wasn't her twenties.
Speaker 10: So still I can't.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Also, so just talking to people and saying hi and treating people like humans health.
Speaker 12: So you gazed into his eyes and was like, Okay, how you doing.
Speaker 6: Now, I'll try to connect with people.
Speaker 9: If you take the time to come to my book signing, purchase a book, and stand online.
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't I have a moment with you?
Speaker 8: Oh no, I'm talking about that moment in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: I don't even remember this dude. You're talking about.
Speaker 8: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 11: What's that?
Speaker 6: Being?
Speaker 8: You got incident with Charlottane flirting with you too?
Speaker 14: Nah Na, I'm just saying, like, I get what he I get what he's saying. Though it's almost like you gotta go out of your way, you know what I'm saying to Like, as far as if you if you just like talking to a gay person, nice to a gay person, because if you're too nice in that gaitar go off and they feel like like it's given.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm kind of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't understand why I gotta be given just because I was nice to you. Hello, who's this? You know?
Speaker 13: Pits just from us, fish rods and everybody.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: Don't say grand rising We're not biscuits.
Speaker 13: Well, grand beginners, great beginners all.
Speaker 8: Right, So we're talking about Charlemagne and what he did this weekend.
Speaker 11: You know, we're trying to figure the difference between complimenting somebody and somebody flirting.
Speaker 6: What's your thoughts, bro, I.
Speaker 13: Feel flirting flirting is at a different exchange of energy as far as when it comes with a woman is gonna acknowledge you, She's gonna give you that. I ain't fool no, Like yo, listen, I'm looking at you, I'm observing you, and this is what I want. But at the end of the day, if you don't read the signs, you.
Speaker 10: Don't read it.
Speaker 13: Like I said, like it's an energy exchange.
Speaker 10: If you don't accept that energy exchange that you ain't gonna find nothing else in that A complimented just I mean, it's just like, Yo, you're looking good. That said, nothing more, nothing less. I don't need your number, I don't need your Instagram, I don't need nothing. You just made me feel good about myself today.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't have a problem saying, yo, brother, go some light sneakers or how you knowing you got a beautiful smell.
Speaker 6: Or know what I mean?
Speaker 10: Like I said, just keep it moving. I don't get to know you at.
Speaker 8: So if a dude comeing to you say, yo, bro, you got a beautiful smile. That's not flirting.
Speaker 10: No, no, it's none. Because I'm very comfortable for who I am as a man. I mean, I'm a father at the end of the day. If you feel comfortable saying that to me, then that you will have a good soul in you, Bro, I mean, and I look at you and having a good soul at the end of the day. Because a lot of people can't get up your shill, that's great with us. If you're comfortable with what you do, you don't got to worry about being gay enough.
Speaker 9: Bro, I mean, you can tell a man he looks good, like brother, you look good because you know, like you see somebody and if they looking at looking right.
Speaker 10: To you, I would I would I would love. I would love. I would love for older God, for my son to look doctor you look you will card adopted, yo, Land, that's just saying clumping. Don't look at it at different. What are you you're saying in a different most.
Speaker 11: Okay with your boyfriend right y'all out? And about the dude coming to him, be like, hey, you now that that's not gonna be like, yo, what that's not like.
Speaker 12: Like, hey, you got a beautiful smile. The hey, the pause, then the you like now, first of all, it's how you don't but don't ever hate you, my man, and then be like that you got a beautiful smile, don't hate.
Speaker 6: You would hate you, hate you? You got a beautiful smile. That's gay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, say you have a beautiful smile. All right, all right, so look let me ask you a question.
Speaker 12: So say you at the barbershop, right and you're sitting in the chair and your barb but just finished lining up your face and everything. I'm looking and then he and then you know, you get you look in the mirror. He give you the mayor for the finishing product, and he's like, yo, you got a beautiful smile.
Speaker 6: And what you gonna do?
Speaker 8: He licked his lips like that.
Speaker 6: No, he's just looking at you out of eye. Yo, you got a beautiful smile.
Speaker 11: And feel funny, right because I'm right because his crotch is usually now.
Speaker 8: You're on when he's cutting in your face and in your face.
Speaker 9: You're overly gay in this like this, there's no reason to make this this gay like it was who's thinking like that, Like that's a gay brain.
Speaker 6: Croch, who's thinking like that?
Speaker 8: You're right if a man come up to you and be like, yo, you got a beautiful smile.
Speaker 1: How you feeling, I'm think it's a little game.
Speaker 9: That I complimented men on their teeth. Like guys come up here and we're doing interviews. I like one to see brothers that have either want.
Speaker 8: To get the.
Speaker 6: Like taking care of their mouth. But I'm not like, oh you got a pretty mouth, like.
Speaker 12: Yo, now you got nice teeth like you got Yeah, you just sold five five of your phone and he has a nice mouth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you don't. Okay, you got nice like you said.
Speaker 8: Kingsley played nice big head.
Speaker 6: Nice big head. The story the mother. The story is your man was lying.
Speaker 9: Okay, nobody was flirting with him. I said, hello, I don't remember being nice to him.
Speaker 6: Maybe he took it the wrong way.
Speaker 12: He took the wrong way, but you definitely it's something about you when you be walking up you know you had on your boots.
Speaker 8: No, he's not. He be assault in his mouth till he be assault in his own mouth. Yeah, I don't know. Because Charlaine got a little swag.
Speaker 12: You gotta say him outside this chair and he be walking up bosswagg and the guy turned around.
Speaker 2: He's a going you Charlemagne, Yeah, I am, what's up are you doing?
Speaker 8: You know what of that?
Speaker 6: I don't even remember meeting as human?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah sure.
Speaker 6: From now on, security keep you away from.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 8: It's the Breakfast Local Morning, the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 11: Everybody's teen j M V Jess Hilary Charlamage, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building time time, who's celebrating her birthday next week? I am this week this weekend, Ladies and gentlemen, Tabitha Brown, Welcome.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm amazing. If I was in the bed, i'd be two people.
Speaker 6: I love that hoodie. Thank Freedom over cold switching?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 12: Well, you know, I spent a very long time code switching and worming, and that's not freedom, and so I no longer live that way. And so I always tell people, honey, we got to freedom over colde switch. Well enough, just as we are, even if we're from the country, even if we're from the South.
Speaker 2: It's just a thing. So I promote that all the time here you go, I.
Speaker 9: Feel like I know you because I told you, like when I saw you over the summer. I'm like when my kids watched taping around all the time on YouTube. And then you know, my wife has the cookbooks, the vegan cookbooks around the house like she was giving them out his gifts to people.
Speaker 11: We got to congratulate her on her and me as well as just want to act thing. But congratulations, how did that feel?
Speaker 12: It still feels surreal, you know, but I feel grateful to have one for just like being myself, right, but something so powerful that it's for children. But it still feels like it didn't happen. It feels like a dream almost. But the crazy thing is there's another side of that that it feels completely normal. So it's a weird feeling.
Speaker 6: It's yours.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it feels like, oh, this is what God intended for my life. Absolutely, But the other side of it is like, did that really happen?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 12: But yeah, how did the Internet change your life? Shoot, honey, in every way? You know, I was I still am an actress. But for a long time, you know, I was pursuing acting and nobody really knew me from you know, acting, and I started doing content, doing you know, videos, not because I wanted to, but I had had a dream and God spoke to me and told me to start doing videos. And I was like, I don't want to do that, you know, but I was also trying to live a life of obedience. I started and nobody was watching, and I was like, well, you told me to do this, and ain't nobody. Ain't nobody showing up on these videos to watch?
Speaker 6: Why do you have me doing this?
Speaker 12: And I started in August of twenty seventeen doing videos and by December thirtieth, one of.
Speaker 2: My videos went viral.
Speaker 8: Which one it was?
Speaker 12: It was a TTLA I was eating a sandwich in my car because I was driving Uber and because I was on disability for over you because I was so sick. And when I started feeling better after going vegan, I started driving Uber and I was like, you know what, I had had a job before. I didn't want to get stuck back in the nine to five. So I told my husband. I was like, you know what, I'm gonna go drive Uber. We live in LA. I'm probably get discovered in my car. In my mind, I'm thinking I'm gonna, you know, pick up a producer or director or something. I stopped my Whole Foods because I dropped somebody off. I was like, I'm gonna ahead and get me a little breakfast and because I'm still a new vegan at that time, and I got a sandwich and did a review on because I was my videos when I first started, I was just telling people I'm going vegan. When I find new vegan options, I'm just gonna share it. By the time I got home in the video had like fifty some thousand views and I was like, wait a minute, who watching this video?
Speaker 6: But you was before Lee.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I love that's my nephew. But the next morning had like over one hundred thousand views and I was like. I told my husband. I said, I think I'm going viral. I was like, he was like what that means. I was like, I don't know. And four days later, Whole Foods reached out.
Speaker 12: I was like, we saw your video because I got the you know, sandwich from there, and they wanted to partner with me. I became their brand ambassador and wow, I to do so many campaigns and it ain't it's been on ever since then.
Speaker 8: Now, why'd you switch to vegan for people I don't know, so I got sick.
Speaker 12: So January of twenty sixteen, I woke up one morning and I had this headache in the back of my head. And I had a car accident in high school, so I'm used to like waking up sometime in the back of my neck is tied and sometime it goes into my head.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was one of those episodes.
Speaker 12: But this headache rested in the back of my head for a year and seven months wow, and it started to, you know, affect my body, and so I started to fall when I would walk as a woman.
Speaker 2: All everything was all out of whack. I just did not feel well.
Speaker 12: So every time I went to the doctor, they were doing so many tests. They was doing MRIs trying to figure out what is wrong. So they told me they was like, we know it's something autoimmune that's attacking your body. We just can't figure it out. I lost my vision for a day. It was a really bad time for me, and I took every drug the doctor offered me. I was like a guinea pig because you are desperate to feel better, and if anything, it probably made me worse. Nothing was working, and so My daughter came home from school one day and she was like, Mommy, we saw this documentary at school today.
Speaker 2: I think you should watch it.
Speaker 12: And I don't know if you know teenagers, honey, but it ain't ever day they come home and tell you to watch the documentary.
Speaker 2: And so it was what they held on Netflix, and so I was like, you know what, let's watch it together as a family. So I watched it.
Speaker 12: When they started talking about not all diseases are hereditary. Sometime you can eat the same thing in your family that will cause the same disease in your bloodline, and that it's kind of like a light bulb moment for me. My mama died at fifty one of a rare disease als. My daddy is now seventy two, but he's the oldest man that ever live in my family.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: People get sick at young ages in my family.
Speaker 12: And they died young ages in my family. And the only thing I could think of that we had in common was how we ate. Now, I wasn't a bad eater because I was in LA but I wasn't eating to feel well.
Speaker 2: I was eating to look a certain way, which is it's also a sickness and so look a certain way.
Speaker 8: So I'm not exactly I.
Speaker 12: Wasn't eating to like, oh, let me put this in my body so I can be well. I was like, oh, let me put this in my body so I don't gain weight.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, you understand.
Speaker 12: So but I said, wasn't you know a terrible You know I haven't eaten red metal pork since I was fifteen, And I was like, okay, and I'm allergic to de every like most people. But I also was like, it's the only thing I haven't tried. So I told my husband, let's do like a thirty day decon challenge. Husband, so for thirty days and so on like day ten, the headache I had every day for a year and seven months disappeared.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait a minute, I'm onto something.
Speaker 9: And uh.
Speaker 12: After that, every day I started getting energy again because I had chronic the tea and I had chronic panic attacks because when you sick and you know something is wrong, but the doctor said, well we can't figure it out.
Speaker 2: It makes you have anxiety and depression.
Speaker 12: And so I started getting energy again because I would sleep all day all night like I would just be exhausted all the time, and so energy started coming back. My head, you know, was feeling better. I was starting to feel like myself again. And so that day, look, when day thirty came, I told my husband, I was like, this is gonna be my life.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm gonna go vegan. He was like, well, tomorrow we need a piece of chicken, tab like.
Speaker 8: And so.
Speaker 12: But I always tell people that part because sometimes the journey that may change your life or safe your life, you got to be willing to go on and a loan.
Speaker 2: And so I was like, all right, and so I ain't never looked back. That's why, all right, we.
Speaker 11: Got more with tap of the brow when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 6: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 11: It's TJ n V Jess, Hilary Scharlamine, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Tabatha Brown, Charlemagne.
Speaker 9: I got so many questions. Number one, you said something earlier about God spoke to you. What does God sound like for me?
Speaker 12: Yeah, So I always tell people I get asked that a lot. Now I am gives it in a different way than most people. So for me, I can hear like your voice I can hear sometimes it sounds like a flutter, like a humming bird would be close to my ears, so it's like a wind and it's a it's a flutter, but you can hear sound in it.
Speaker 2: I can see it. I can dream it.
Speaker 12: I'm a seer, but in my dreams, like my dreams can speak to me and things come to pass. So that's what it sounds like for me For most people who are always trying to figure out is this God speaking to me?
Speaker 6: Is this just my thoughts?
Speaker 12: I will tell you that when you think of something, you'll think of it and you may lose the thought later right may not even come back to you. But when God is speaking to you, when he's putting something inside of you, it won't let you rest. It'll keep coming back. And so that's how you can kind of decipher. And then sometimes he will use a voice that's familiar to you. And when you gift it, sometime it do feel like you're crazy, and other people think that as well. But now of course I know like, oh no, this is just my gift, and I don't hide it anymore. I don't straight away from it. I wrote about it in my first book because I wanted people to know, like, this is me. If you want to rock with tail, honey, this is who I really am. I don't hide that part of me anymore.
Speaker 6: So, Wow, when you say you have gifts? So are you clairvoyant? Are you like a medium?
Speaker 2: I call it? I'm a seeer right, It's just you know, that's a gift that God gave me.
Speaker 12: I was born with it in that way. Yeah, my whole life. I feel like we all have discernment. We just don't all lean into it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 12: But for me, as a little girl, would dream about people I've never met before and wake up and tell my mom and dad. They're like, oh, I such and such, and they'd be like that person been dead twenty years, Like you would never know that person, right. I can remember being in my grandfather's funeral, but they're like, you were him, So it's no way for you to remember that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I can't control it. That's the thing.
Speaker 12: It just happens, like I gonna be talking to you and something can just appear that I can see, and it may be for you, or it may be to protect me.
Speaker 2: It just depends. But I have no control over that.
Speaker 6: I was going to ask you, so you know North Carolina.
Speaker 10: Uh huh.
Speaker 11: So now you pick up your family and you move to LA. Yes, how was that conversation with your husband? And you get child and let's just go to l a a place we don't know.
Speaker 6: You gotta find a new job, and it's good Carolina. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's crazy because at first my husband was like, so in ninety eight, I moved to California in pursuit of acting, but I wasn't in LA and I was like in Orange County and I didn't tell my husband. He was my boyfriend at the time, Like how bad it was. Ain't telling nobody. I was renting the room from somebody who was like taking all my money. But you know, I'm like young, like nineteen, I really want to get this dream out of me and I want to do something. And so our plan was for him to move out a couple months later, you know, and then we would get our own place. But when he moved out and saw how I was living, he was like this is crazy. He's like, you're working two jobs and survive. You ain't nowhere near LA. You're not pursuing acting. He was like, we need to move back to North Carolina so that we could save but money because it's cheaper. He was like, we can stay for one year then move back to LA so you can really pursue your dreams. That one year turn into five years and a forgotten dream right until I had that experience that morning. So when I told my husband after I worked that job for like a year, I was like, now it's time for us to move back to LA.
Speaker 8: He was like nah.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, listen, I can. I can go out there, but like I can feel it calling me and I can come back and forth. He was like, oh, no, we're not gonna do that.
Speaker 6: I can imagine those arguments.
Speaker 12: And I don't know what money I thought I had that I could be by coastal Okay and go back and forth. I don't know what I was thinking, but we saved up like eight thousand dollars. Took us some months and we moved to LA. And we first got there, we was living in Barwen Hills and my husband, I mean, we're both from the same hometown, you know, we from eating.
Speaker 2: It's a very small town in North Carolina, and our apartment.
Speaker 12: I had flew out there to find our apartment because back then my husband used to be afraid to fly, you know, people from the country.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, I ain't get on no plane, you know.
Speaker 12: So I had went back and forth to find us a place and I found a cute this this spot was cute to me, right, and but it did have the bars on the window, because most of them do in l A.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 12: So, but we weren't used to that. But I didn't tell him because in my mind I thought it was nice and it was. It did turn out to be nice.
Speaker 6: Was he able to bring his gun with him?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 6: Actually, okay, you know what he did.
Speaker 8: He did the garden.
Speaker 12: No, he did. But when we got that he was hot. He was like what we were like right off Crenshaw he was yeah. He was like, what babe, we got a door there. I was like, babe, I didn't scoped it out. This is a good area, I promise you. And because there was you know, that was when the reality show Ball when Hills was out. Remember that, I said, we live in Baldwin Hills. It's just that we don't live in View Park. But where we parked we could see the view. Like I'm trying to sell it, right, But he got used to it over time. But you know, in the beginning, we was a little we was at all for a while, but you know, we saved there for five years and we loved it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 9: One of the moments that we all saw that went viral was when you retired your husband and you know, Wendy Williams had made some statements about you, and the way you responded.
Speaker 6: You responded with such grace and such love. It was almost like, I hope you heal, Absolutely you heal a moment.
Speaker 2: Do you respond like that always in this season of my life?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean the old tab probably would have had that get back spirit, right, but she didn't even know me, and I don't know her other than knowing her from you know her her career. But you can also tell when somebody is hurt. And we've all been through things that cause us to project and feel a certain way. But I'm not going to exhaust energy and give anybody control over me to anger me, right. So, but also I just love people despite what anybody have to say about me. There's so many people now that that hate me, that don't know me, but I love them. It also makes me want to love harder in the world because people are hurting.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of people think that.
Speaker 12: I'm fake because I'm nice and I'm like, I'm a kind I'm compassionate. I held my mama's hand while she died, like I've seen death so many times, like I have also almost lost my life. Why would I not be happy and joyful I'm still here? Right, So it hurts my heart for other people when I know that they're just hurting and they don't mean any harm in a way that they it's really they're trying to make themselves feel better. They're projecting, right, They're projecting, and so the harm is really they're doing it to themselves because they're not instead of projecting, you should be trying to heal yourself and get what you need to feel better.
Speaker 11: But I don't know, did you get a lot of flak for it? Because you know what it told me during that time is people don't understand love. Yeah, right, you love your husband. Your financial fine, and you can make sure that he's okay, you know, and it doesn't matter if he's a man, he's a woman, or what he is. You love me, and you had the opportunity to retire man and men do it for women all the time. So I didn't see it. So did you get a lot of flat for it?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean a lot of people had something to say about it, but that's their opinion, don't I don't care. That ain't my business. But I also realized that a lot of people don't understand partnership.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 12: I've been my husband twenty six years. I'm amazing more than half my life. Right, most people don't even understand that.
Speaker 1: How did he feel?
Speaker 6: Felt?
Speaker 2: He felt amazing.
Speaker 12: But after what people don't know is I had been trying to retire my husband for like two years. We had enough money. He was like, that money came to quit. Bay, I don't want to do that to you now, just in case. Yeah, he was like, nah, I know one plus one equal two.
Speaker 6: We don't know.
Speaker 12: Because he also has watched me in Hollywood over twenty years not get jobs for six months or two year years or whatever.
Speaker 2: He was like, we can't.
Speaker 12: We can't count on this new money, right, And so I was like, Babe, I promise you I got the amount of money that we have always said that we have this amount of money in the bank. Tax has been paid. We don't owe nobody that.
Speaker 2: You will retire. And he was like, all right, and let me think about it. He took a leave first.
Speaker 12: He just was like, I don't want that on your back, you know, even though he has a nonprofit, but it wasn't gonna make the you know, coming straight out, he won't gonna make the kind of money he was making before.
Speaker 2: And I was like, but now you can build it. Now you can do all the things you wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 12: So, uh, it took him a while, but afterwards. Now listen, right now, what time is that they might be on the golf course? Okay, listen, he worked with his kids three four days a week, but he'd be on that golf course.
Speaker 2: He is, He is feeling it now. He joys a little about it. Absolutely all.
Speaker 8: We got more with Tabitha Brown when we come back beyond Sy.
Speaker 11: She's getting an Innovative Award at the iHeartRadio Awards tonight. So let's get into a mini mixers to Breakfast. So warning everybody, it's tj MV. Just Ti Larry Is Charlamage the guy. We are to Breakfast Club are still kick it with Tabitha Brown. Charlamagne let's talk about this book. I did a new thing, your new book, Yes, all thirty days of living free. What is living free?
Speaker 12: To Tabitha Brown, Well, you know freedom over coach switching, right, we talked about that. But living free is like taking an opportunity to do something even if it scares you, right, just doing something new.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 12: I started doing this challenge in twenty fourteen. I was really just in search of like getting to know myself better because I still was not free. And I would do something new, whether it be with my kids or by myself, and just to see how it would open my mind and how it would make me feel. And so I did that over the years, and I would always you know, learn something new about myself. Like I discovered my love for hiking, and I was like, oh shoot, I never would have thought that I would love hiking. And then now it's something I have continued to do over the years. And so I was like, if I do this again, I think I want to.
Speaker 2: Write a book.
Speaker 12: So last year I did it for thirty days and I journaled it and made it into a book. And my hope was that other people want to, you know, live free and try new things and the other thing about freedom. In order to like really go out and do something new, that's the only way you're gonna know if you love something or you don't like it, right, you have to be willing to be like, I don't care, I just want to find out.
Speaker 2: Let me just see right.
Speaker 12: So, and it also could be something as simple as I'm gonna work my hair different, Like right now I'm doing a you know, my hair name is Donna. So I'm doing while I'm on tour, I'm making a new hair style every day.
Speaker 6: He said. His name is Donna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her name Donna.
Speaker 6: Donna.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just Donna. Well, I named after Don King.
Speaker 6: Because put together today.
Speaker 12: But she got her name because when I was I did the big chopping when she was growing back. One night I was cooking live and it was like straight up in the top. I was like, why is that piece of hair you know, stick it straight up looking like Don King. I was like, I'm about to call her Donna, and it's stuff.
Speaker 6: It's stuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love that you dedicated your new book to you. Yeah, why was that important to do?
Speaker 12: Cause, Honney, I'm the one who made the decision to choose myself, right, and I made the decision to stop being afraid and to live my life my way and to try new things. And the biggest thing I ever did for thirty days was go vegan, and it saved my life. And I was like, girl this youtab. I prayed that I forever and always do new things every day.
Speaker 2: I want to do that for the rest of my life.
Speaker 6: I was going to ask, you know, so many people listening right, how did you know not to give up?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 11: Because I'm sure there's somebody listening right now that's been trying music for ten years and it didn't work, and somebody that's trying acting it didn't work. Somebody's trying to be in the chef, somebody's trying to be an author, somebody's trying to do something online and creating videos and nobody's watching.
Speaker 6: And they probably said I felt I got a sign.
Speaker 11: Yeah, when did you tell them to say, maybe that's not the sign and maybe the change or you know, how do you tell somebody to continue to keep doing what they're doing because you could have gave up so many times.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I would never really tell anybody to give up. If you think God has given you a sign, then trust the signs. For me, it was always signs, and that's confirmation. If it won't let you rest, if you try to give up and it won't let you, those are the signs that we have to not ignore. But also we have to kind of ignore the noise of people who tell you you can't. But also we have to be honest with ourselves. If you are not really doing the work for the dream that you have, is it really your dream?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 12: Because sometimes it might be a goal. And the difference between a goal and a dream is a goal is something that you create. A dream is deposited inside of you.
Speaker 2: God does that.
Speaker 12: You don't make up a dream, It lives inside of you. So be honest with yourself. Do you want it because you see somebody else with it? It would look cool to you.
Speaker 2: Do you just want to make money? Or is it something that won't let you rest?
Speaker 6: Another chapter?
Speaker 8: Do something that breaks the rules but not the law.
Speaker 12: Oh so I tell people that all the time, Like, you know, some rules are set by us, you know, by people as well as laws.
Speaker 8: Right, But I know your kids come back with you all the time. Mommy said me break the rules.
Speaker 12: It's not belive exactly exactly but I talk about this in the book that you know. I had got invited to a party, you know, and it was a strict dress code or they wanted you to wear black.
Speaker 2: I don't like wearing black, and this is about as black as a gift for me. I love color.
Speaker 12: It makes me happy when I wear like all black, it makes.
Speaker 2: Me feel weird.
Speaker 6: Funerals all come.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't know, like even if funerals, like in my family we wear a lot of colors or we were white, but it just makes me feel a little I don't know, maybe sad. And I realize that if I do wear I got to have like a proper color in my lips or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But I was like, I don't want to wear black to this thing.
Speaker 12: I got a figure something ab out so I found like I had this it was like a blazer but it was the background was black, but they had a bunch of colors and patterns on it.
Speaker 6: And I wore like some black.
Speaker 2: Beilt bottomed pants.
Speaker 12: Got there and a lot of other people had more black, and so I was like, this is why we can break the rules sometimes, you know. I could have said, Okay, I'm wear all black. And been uncomfortable all night and then got there and being mad, like, look at other people, they ain't wear what they said. We're supposed to wear it, right, So.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean by that. Sometime we can break the rules, just don't break the law.
Speaker 6: So you ain't never gonna follow in a dress code. If it's an all white party and nothing you can ye.
Speaker 12: But yeah, I mean I would wear it, but it's gonna have to have a little something that make me feel like tap, you know, because I also want to go in and be myself, you know.
Speaker 6: So do something that requires you to face your losses. That's a powerful one.
Speaker 12: So when I you know, I had a restaurant, right and when I had my restaurant, it was a partnership, and we had a lot of problems with the building. And so because the kill my name is the restaurant in Chicago that I fell in love with. So when he came to LA, I was like, oh, I partnered with you an open a restaurant. I didn't know the restaurant business, but this building gave us a lot of issues and so we ultimately had to close.
Speaker 2: And so I was like, oh man, it felt like a loss to me because I had had, you know, so much happening.
Speaker 12: People would come in. I would people come from all over to just meet me at the restaurant. And I wasn't there every day, but on the weekends or whenever I could, I would go and just be there all day to make sure I got to see people when they came.
Speaker 2: We ended up having to shut it down, and I was like really kind of hurt about.
Speaker 12: You know, for a while, and I really couldn't talk about it because we were having legal problems with the you know, the building on it, because it was the whole thing. When it was time to do my taxes, I've been carrying this, like, man, I feel so bad about it. I realized that the loss had really blessed me a week I wasn't weird, right, And so I was like, sometimes we got to look at the loss for what it is. Maybe it ain't a loss, you know, but also it opened up doors with me and now I have, you know, my food and stuff at Target. So I was like, it won't necessarily a loss, you know, we can't always look at them, you know, things like that. So it actually blessed me because I ain't have to pay.
Speaker 6: As much a little bit. Let's run some of this stuff downe now. So you got deals with Target?
Speaker 8: Who else?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 9: Don't need to hum in this moment like a rapper right now? You know he got the tap time booming on YouTube. You got deals with Target, you got book deals?
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 12: I have my own seasonings McCormick spice.
Speaker 2: I have six of those.
Speaker 6: Fridays with tab and do have.
Speaker 2: Frides having chance.
Speaker 12: I do very good Mondays where I bless small businesses every Monday.
Speaker 2: Of course I have my own merch that feels weird to just name everything, but.
Speaker 8: I don't even you know.
Speaker 2: I still do my active thing.
Speaker 12: You know, I've lost a production company in a partnership with Stephen Love with may Love Media.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know, Tabitha Brown. I can didn't talk to you for ever.
Speaker 8: New book.
Speaker 6: I did a new thing.
Speaker 8: We appreciate you for joining us stage strange. Absolutely should I end it?
Speaker 2: How I end my video? Are okay?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Listen, First of all, thank y'all for having me.
Speaker 12: I appreciate y'all. Thank y'all, y'all going bout y'all business. All right, have the most amazing day. But even if you can't have a good one, don't you. They'll go messing up. Nobody else is here. God, bless y'all, Love y'all, it's.
Speaker 6: The breakfast love, good morning.
Speaker 8: Damn, it's time for donkey.
Speaker 1: I mean trying to be donkey today.
Speaker 6: No more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 8: Called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey of to day to day?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 9: Jes hilarious donkey Today've go to a thirty two year old woman named Courtney L.
Speaker 1: Davis.
Speaker 9: Courtney faces felling the charges of ession of stolen property, fraud, criminal mischief, burglary, residential entry, obstruction of.
Speaker 6: Justice, and false informing all during Women's History Month.
Speaker 9: Not only is Courtney facing charges, but she got her husband caught up to. Yes, her husband is facing charges of residential entry and possession of stolen property. Why because this woman was lying for no devil damn reason. Now, there's a lot of things women lie to men about. Okay, there's a lot of things I've heard women lied to men about, But this is a new one. Okay, Okay, this is a new one, all right. Courtney lied to her husband about purchasing a home, and she got arrested after trying to move into a house she never purchased.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me break this down for you. It's a lot of information.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I'm reading this from new Channel eight on your Side court documentary Build.
Speaker 9: An Indiana man thought he and his wife were moving into a brand new home after going through the real estate process and being handed the keys to a house.
Speaker 6: What her husband didn't know.
Speaker 9: Was that his wife faked all the financial documents submitted to the realtors and then broke into the home smash, opened the lock box and told her husband they were new homeowners.
Speaker 6: Why what is the point of a woman faking anything?
Speaker 9: There's a woman in this building who I overheard having a conversation with Jess Hilarious earlier saying that she once told a man she aorgas them three times.
Speaker 6: What's the point? What's the point of lying?
Speaker 9: Imagine lying to a chef that you full when you're really hungry as hell and he's willing and able to cook for you.
Speaker 6: You just gotta tell him what you want and how you want it.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 6: Simple listen, listen to this.
Speaker 9: According to court documents, police officers from the Eaton Police Department were called out to a home on North chest Nut Street at six thirty eight pm on February sixteenth after the property owner claimed to have spotted the U haul truck outside the home. The owner told police no one was supposed to be at the home, which was vacant and for sale. Officers arrived to the scene to find a couple moving into the house, unloading boxes and brandishing keys to the front door. Cotney told her husband that she and him had purchased the home and had been given the keys by their realtor, who took the out the lock box after the sale was finalized.
Speaker 6: And handed them over to the new homeowners.
Speaker 9: Courtney even showed police screenshots of paperwork that showed they had purchased the home. Big lies okay, but the story didn't match with the property on it told police. According to the property owners real to, the sale of the house was never finalized due to.
Speaker 6: Payment never being received.
Speaker 9: A deeper dive uncovered that not only had the couple not submitted their payment, but the farms handed over to the realta had been fraudulent the realtor said they noticed something was off with the forms due to grammatical errors such as stating contact.
Speaker 6: You at instead of contact us at.
Speaker 9: The police reached out to the couple's realtor, who allegedly handed the pair of keys from the houses lock box to the couple, only to learn that that tool was a lie. The realtor said the sale hadn't been completed this whole police she did not hand over the keys from the lock box. Police ended up discovering that the lock box had been smashed open and the pieces hidden inside the drawer in the house. When the couple was confronted about their crimes, Courtney told police that her husband had been left in the dark about the fraud. He hadn't been aware of the fraudulent statements, all the truth behind the lock box. Then Courtney did what most women do when they get caught red handed. She just started spilling her guts, and she confessed that she broke into the home prior to the couple moving in. She says she climbed through windows, unlocked all the doors, and smashed open the lock box before her husband arrived to move that stuff in. Also, for good measure, the tow truck driven by her husband was reported stolen. Courtney said she let her husband drive this truck because she couldn't drive stick.
Speaker 6: Come to find out, the truck.
Speaker 9: Hadn't been purchased. Okay, well it did. It had been purchased, but with a bad check. Her husband didn't know about that either. He had no idea the truck was purchased with a bad check. How long did Courtney Davis think these lives were gonna last? She was willing to move all her stuff into our house. She knows, she didn't know as if it would be on the market forever. This has to be a violation of marriage.
Speaker 1: Vows.
Speaker 9: There's no way on God's Green Earth or any of her other planets that I'm supposed to stay with a woman who lies like this. A lie can destroy a relationship in a second, but he can take a lifetime to rebuild the trust. And I only got one of those, so I'm not wasting it on you. I hope Courtney's husband feels the same. Please give Courtney L. Davis the biggest he hull, not just lars. Regardless of what social media says, you are a woman, a beautiful woman, absolutely playing with you what's the top three lies?
Speaker 6: You ever told that to a man?
Speaker 13: An?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a man for real?
Speaker 12: Okay, so the top one. And I even told Chris, I don't know, it's just something about you. I don't usually have sex like one the first DAT.
Speaker 8: We all did that.
Speaker 2: Don't be looking at me like that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: No, yes, oh my god, yes.
Speaker 12: Look and he and I'm pregnant now and.
Speaker 8: Were happy and yeah, Chris know this or he's just hearing it for the first time.
Speaker 12: He ain't listening today because he got a lot going on.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, what's the number two? Oh my god?
Speaker 12: I remember this one time I lied about being in the hospital so and they could call me back.
Speaker 8: He wasn't trying to call me back. I told like I didn't call.
Speaker 12: Him and told him, yeah, like, I'm in a hospital, you know, an, I'm having anxiety attack. I don't even got anxiety issues. I'm having anxiety attack, so he can call me back. No, he still didn't call me.
Speaker 1: But that was a lie.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a lie, not having the first DAT being in the hospital or the third one.
Speaker 12: And this one time I was trying to cheat on my ex boyfriend. I told somebody I broke up with him? Who didn't who wouldn't deal with me because I had a boyfriend. I lied and said I broke up with him just so I could deal with the guys. Yeah, it is, but I hadn't understanding something. This is before she took his head off. This was before a lot of things, Like I hadn't seen she go head like yeah, he had fished me like yeah, and so by then he was already my friend. So I was like, thank God that he dodged me, because I was like Jesus Christ if I gave him something, And imagine if I walked in that room and he took that head off, like yeah, what's up?
Speaker 6: I would have ruved.
Speaker 8: Yo, I can't do this job. To quit whiling out and everything.
Speaker 9: It's no way now between Courtney Davis and just Larrys. I think, brothers, you should just turn to your woman to give her a little pinch under the off.
Speaker 6: It's a little.
Speaker 12: Sound like a strong back woman. She moved everything and she had this is strong. Yes, she climbed through the windows, she smashed.
Speaker 8: A lot of sacks.
Speaker 12: She what just.
Speaker 8: Yet she's strong.
Speaker 2: That's a strong liar right there.
Speaker 6: Listen, it's the breakfast clog.
Speaker 8: Good morning the Breakfast Club. Just Larry Charlotte and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest on the line, on the zoom, on the whatever you want to call it, Ludacris. Ladies and gentlemen, what up?
Speaker 6: What up?
Speaker 1: My family was going on?
Speaker 9: Luta is hosting the iHeart Radio Music Awards on April first.
Speaker 6: That is not the April Fool's joke is actually happening. I was gonna say that same thing, but you beat me to it. Yes, I cannot wait to do this.
Speaker 5: Miss, my first time hosting the Ieheart has been a minute since I hosted something.
Speaker 6: But you know, I'm a big kid. I'm gonna have a lot of fun. We're gonna bring a lot of energy, not an April Fool's joke whatsoever. Because I like to joke around a lot too. But this ain't no games. No game is fear factor the last than yours.
Speaker 5: Nah, I think the Billboard Awards if I'm not the Billboard Awards three years in a row.
Speaker 11: Matter of fact, now, did you have more fun at the Super Bowl or when you performed in a landa when you was hanging from the ceiling sliding all the way down?
Speaker 6: Which one did you have more fun envy? That's a that's a hard that's a hard question.
Speaker 5: But you know, when I was sliding down the you know when I was when I was repelling down menjeor Don it wasn't over one hundred million people around the world watching me.
Speaker 6: That was just kind of a certain amount.
Speaker 5: I would have to say the Super Bowl, man, because that was just one of those moments in time where I was I was nervous for my friend. This boy was on roller skates and all type of stuff, and we know that he practices these.
Speaker 6: Things, but that was it was a little different, man.
Speaker 5: And uh, I just felt the energy from around the world on that day a little bit more than.
Speaker 6: I felt on that repelling down from the Georgia Dome. Do you ever get nervous?
Speaker 11: I know, you perform every weekend and you've done these shows like that one time the biggest stage, and you forget a word or you stutter or you did that ever cross your mind at all?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 5: So you know what Little John asked me that before we went on, And I'm gonna say something that probably no artists probably ever said.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, bro, I get nervous. All the time.
Speaker 5: The moment you stop getting nervous is the moment that you don't care. And you know who told me that may he rest in peace? DMX said that to me, man, and I took that the heart ever since. I'm always nervous right before I hit stage because I care so much. But as soon as I hit that stage, as soon as my voice comes on that mic, all the nervousness.
Speaker 6: Goes out the way. But always always nervous.
Speaker 9: You know, Luda, we're on zoom, but you know, I can see who's on the zoom and I see the good brother Shaka Zulu on the zoom. Man, it's incredible to see men, especially Black men, have such a long, healthy relationship like like.
Speaker 8: Like y'all have.
Speaker 9: What do you mean to still have Shaka in your life after, you know, especially after what he just went through.
Speaker 6: Man, Listen, Shaka is my mentor.
Speaker 5: I don't know if y'all saw when I received my Hollywood Walk of Fame, man, but it occurred to me at that moment that Shaka and his brother Jeff for like the fathers that I've had since my father passed away.
Speaker 6: Man, and I started breaking down in tears.
Speaker 5: So I can say a lot of things, but I hope that makes you understand how much it is, how much it means to me to have someone like Shaka in my life man as a mentor, as a gud, as a as a friend, as a as a figure that just continues to keep me on my best behavior and keep me on my toes. Man, one hundred percent. We've been in the game over over two decades and been rocking with each other. No contract, It was a handshake and it's been like that ever since.
Speaker 6: And that started at radio right how long seven nine.
Speaker 5: Yes, and ninety seven five at the time. So, man, this is it's a it's a radio family thing, man. And like we said, this was in Atlanta. We just sold this to be et by the way, this whole story. So man, it's for all the radio people.
Speaker 6: Have they got the official green light? I know you got the BT plus series, It got the official green light. We got the official greenlight. Man, I'm gonna do everybody proud.
Speaker 9: Have you picked who playing you? Who playing Shaka? Who playing Jeff? Who playing a young outlud? Maybe I don't know, not yet, but we ain't got to that stage yet. But we're taking all suggestions. We know you out there producing stuff too, so man, you know, give us your list. We gotta we gotta figure this out. We got to match the right people, you know what I mean. It's got to be as real as possible.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 6: It's funny.
Speaker 9: I got my new book coming out, and I wrote about you in the book because I was a young intern at the time. But I remember when you was at Z ninety three Jams and Charleston and even though even though What's your Fantasy was popping, you came in and ran your own board, and yes, and I'll never forget that, like you were doing the interview, but you like, now, let me run the board, and I'll never forget.
Speaker 6: I just don't. I never forget that, bro, that's crazy. I never forget that.
Speaker 5: And by the way, you know, I don't just say this, man, because I follow y'all on social media, but my your first book, it is an amazing just piece of art and a piece of work. And I'm just I'm proud of you because I know this ain't your This is like your third or fourth one. So man, congratulations on that. I can't wait to read it now, especially not on that I'm in the then.
Speaker 11: Bro all we got more with Luda Chris when we come back. Of course, he's hosting the iHeart Radio Awards. Let's get to a mini mixes The Breakfast Club, God Morning one of everybody is dej n V Jesse, Larrie Scholaman, the guy we are the Breakfast Club is still kicking with LUTHERA.
Speaker 1: Christ.
Speaker 11: Now I gotta ask you. Know you're a lyricist and you will bite back anybody that mentions your name. We see you with Kat Williams. But now that you're seeing the uh, the shots going back and forth with these these lyricists, do you enjoy it? Because you feel like hip hop got a little too everybody's too cool with each other.
Speaker 6: Listen, I don't care where hip hop is it.
Speaker 5: I enjoy anytime people are coming at each other's next, like in the right way.
Speaker 6: I absolutely love what's going on. Like I was just saying that we're witnessing you.
Speaker 5: Know, you just talked about the Super Bowl, super Bowls all about who wants it the most. We just we witness in march Man and it's live about who wants it the most. That competitive we witness in history with Lebron James doing amazing historic things, and everybody always talks about who's the greatest and who's the best, and the debates.
Speaker 6: I love, and hip hop is of no exception.
Speaker 5: I love in hip hop when people just try to prove to each other and you got the best of the best, and you know, I'm loving what's going on.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to see how this plays out.
Speaker 9: Well, Loude, what you're saying that you know, Nelly was on the Shop and he said that his era of rap was the toughest and most competitive, Like, so that.
Speaker 6: Was your era too, yeah, j m Wayne fifty and loud he said that you know you actually said your name, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't be at all mad at that statement, because I was just on drink Champs and I was literally talking about how you know that I went to the award shows and the Grammys obviously year after year after year for the first decade.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm over here out selling a lot of these artists and I'm losing.
Speaker 5: And what I mean by that is I was up against DMX, I was up against jay Z, I was up against eminem in these categories every single time, and I just you know, I had to keep my head, my head held high, and uh, you know, after about a decade or so, I finally started winning. But yes, I would say in terms of competition, in terms of going at each other, in terms of subliminals flying, in terms of direct lyrics flying, it was just extremely competitive. Now, I'm sure anybody in their era is gonna say that's the toughest era.
Speaker 6: But I can't be mad at that statement. I feel the same way.
Speaker 11: How important is is family and your wife to you and keeping that that that bond fresh, spicy and new like I seen recently when you gave her I'm not sure what Holliday was. I think it was a birthday or Christmas when you made her do obstacle courses to get a bag and she had to she an't.
Speaker 8: Get she couldn't climb. But how how how important is that for you.
Speaker 6: And your relationship. It's extremely important to keep stuff fresh. Man.
Speaker 5: You can't do the same things over and over again. Gotta keep that's That's just one thing that's in my nature though.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: I love constantly uh just you know, I love constantly trying new things, especially when it comes to exciting my wife.
Speaker 1: You know, what I mean.
Speaker 5: So I think it was Valentine's Day again that you're talking about it. And I made her do a little obstacle. Course, I hate doing the same thing over and.
Speaker 8: You made it do obstacles. I don't think nobody could do.
Speaker 11: He made a climb rock walls after climbing rock walls, like you made it do a lot.
Speaker 8: I'm sitting there like damn.
Speaker 6: He hosted Fear Factor, So that's on brand.
Speaker 1: That's on brand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm an innovator, man, I gotta innovator all walks of my life.
Speaker 9: One question I got to ask you for you go, was Kat Williams ever really offered your role in Fast and Furious?
Speaker 6: No? He never, He never, I don't, not that I know of. You said, was he offered a role?
Speaker 9: Because he said, If I'm not mistaken, I could be misquoting this. I thought he said on Club they offered him to roll, but he didn't take it because he wasn't willing to do what the compromising things that they needed allegedly allegedly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And to answer your question, I wouldn't be the right person to ask that question.
Speaker 6: I have no idea if he was offered a role in the fast or not.
Speaker 5: I do know that I saw him at Rick Ross's crib some years back, and everything was perfectly fine.
Speaker 6: But he's a comedian, you know, he tells jokes, So it is what it is.
Speaker 9: You didn't take you didn't take offense to nothing, even when he was saying things like, oh, you know, it's about seven people with ugly light skin wives.
Speaker 6: If you do this and you do that, you get an ugly light skin wife and movie.
Speaker 5: Rolls, Salomene. It was so laughable what he said that I was to me, I was I was just like I couldn't believe what he was saying. You know what I mean, I don't. I took it as laughable because he's a comedian, and that's why I kind of responded with some laughable stuff.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, could you beat him? Could you beat him in a foot race? You know what? That's a good question, that's a great question. I don't know. We got to because he is fast out there. Sure Well.
Speaker 11: Tonight April first, Ludacris hosts the iHeart Radio Music Awards.
Speaker 1: And we got to get you up here.
Speaker 11: And I know you're running around doing your thing, but next time you're in New York you gotta stop you.
Speaker 6: But it's gonna be on Fox tonight.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I'll see y'all. Let the awards show Man all love, Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 11: Is Ludacris's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Brother, Appreciate y'all. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Holding everybody.
Speaker 11: It's DJ n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne and the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for positive note. What we got I do, man, I have a positive note. And it's really simple.
Speaker 9: Normalize talking highly about yourself, all right, No small talk to self, okay, Normalized talking highly about yourself.
Speaker 6: You deserve it.
Speaker 8: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: You don't finish for y'all,