Speaker 1: Listen. My doctor told me I had this twitch on my hand between my thumb and my pointer finger. That muscle it just started spasm. Has ever happened to you like a muscle spasm? Just flickering like a light. Yeah, you know what he told me. He said, too much caffeine. He said, have you been drinking a lot of caffeine?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been drinking tons of caffeine. And he said, that's why your muscles twitching.
Speaker 3: Yep, that happened to you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes my eye, my eye, I'll just twitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that in the eyepiece.
Speaker 1: He said, it's either stress, caffeine or both. I set up and doing both. Doc, I've been doing both.
Speaker 3: Stress is the number one killer.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, so he said, chill out with the caffeine and it'll go away.
Speaker 3: And he was, chill out with the stress. Bro chill out with the stress.
Speaker 1: It's harder to distress. The caffeine is under my control. Just don't fucking pound tons of caffeine all day long. But it's like my last juicy vice. I'd love it so much.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: You cannot listen. I have a bunch of ices. Caffeine is definitely one of them.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I fucking love cat.
Speaker 1: And now I'm into these Macha LTEs. They're so gosh. I love a Macho late because you get the caffeine high, but you don't get his jittery. But then I'm just drinking more caffeine because I'm like, give it to me, especially when I'm directing, like I want to think. There's so much coffee around and I'm just like ah, and then I have a sugar free Red Bull and I'm like ah. And so I went down a wormhole when I was directing and where I was just having so much caffeine that I literally started twitching. Yeah, And I videotaped it to my I sent it to my doctor. The muscle was like you know because in my mind, I'm like, I'm clearly dying because this is.
Speaker 3: Not good, right.
Speaker 1: So I videotaped this muscle just freaking out so he could tell me like, hey, you had a good forty eight years, but you're dying and you just roll back. Have you been drinking too much caffeine? And I was like, you have no idea how much caffeine I've been drinking. So there you go, audience, and.
Speaker 4: I love the more you know, they're good, I really, you know, I'm going to have a vulnerable moment. I hope Extended Family goes another season so I can get my the more.
Speaker 1: You know, don't you think it's gonna I mean, aren't all signs pointing towards good?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know, you never know?
Speaker 4: Is the This is what it is to be an actor in Hollywood and being a working actor, you know what I mean. It looks like from what everybody sees that you know, I'm always working, but I'm not always working.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And because I'm not always working, I'm always thinking about how what are other ways that I can work?
Speaker 1: Because you have little mouths to feed?
Speaker 4: Well, it's not just little mouths. I kind of get off on it too, you know what I mean, Like, let's be one hundred about it.
Speaker 3: I like being on set.
Speaker 4: I like, you know, I like joking around with the crew and pretending I'm somebody else. That shit's fun, you know what I mean. I just did it short recently, and I had a great time doing it all for the fact that it was, like, you know, look, there's not a lot going on for actors right now. People are really fucking struggling right now, you know what I mean? And holy cow, I got the opportunity to work on something else.
Speaker 3: It's a blessing, you know what I mean. So I don't know. I don't know where I was going with this, but I think.
Speaker 1: Where you're going with it is that you're really appreciating this job, and not just because it because financially it's money for you to take care of your family, but you love performing and you're not always giving a chance to perform, and you wanted to continue because you're having such a good time.
Speaker 4: Well said, thank you for jumping inside my head and saving my thought.
Speaker 1: No, no, I just think that you probably had a point to make and then you're you're high, so you lost the thread, but I helped you back. Hey you weed, not even once?
Speaker 3: No weed all times. More, you know, there goes my opportunity at that.
Speaker 4: They're like Donald, you know you had us and then you did the more you know about how you love weed, And.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that. The more you know committee listens to the podcast, I think it'll be.
Speaker 3: It's their favorite podcast. I'm sure of it.
Speaker 1: I think the people who decide if you can do them more, you know, don't go ah, he smokes weed. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Look how about this? Look check this out? How about this?
Speaker 4: If you can imagine it, they're probably fan of the fans of the podcast.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are fans of this podcast. It's very popular. I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: I was at basketball, Go ahead, what happened?
Speaker 1: It's not the one where you dribble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you shoot the ball. You shoot the ball.
Speaker 1: They gotta dribble if you're gonna walk or you get to travel right.
Speaker 4: And one of my son's tea he mates mothers came up to me go ahead, and started reciting the podcast and how she was getting a kick out of it.
Speaker 1: Really she enjoyed it. Did she say anything like this Zach and Donald Gay newlyweds in house arrest.
Speaker 4: I know she did it, but she'll tell me about it the next time she sees me.
Speaker 3: I hope. She says.
Speaker 4: She doesn't listen to all of them, but she listens to some of them, and she listened to the most recent one.
Speaker 1: Well good, I'm glad it's a very popular podcast. We thank everyone for tuning in and listening. Uh, this is so much fun for us. To do. We like to get together and giggle. Daniel now lives in New York. Joel Monique is down to get down.
Speaker 3: No, hey, don't put that out there, like.
Speaker 1: There's a song. We haven't heard the song, Joel, would you mind.
Speaker 3: We don't necessarily know what get that? Well, her mom doesn't like that song.
Speaker 1: Your mom doesn't like the songs.
Speaker 5: My mom felt it was a tad inappropriate.
Speaker 6: But I like the song.
Speaker 1: Oh right, would you mind if Daniel played it right here just to remind me.
Speaker 6: Not mine at all?
Speaker 1: Okay, Daniel? Then Daniel will then put the song right here.
Speaker 3: Get the world out all.
Speaker 7: Joel Moneique is down and get no.
Speaker 3: Matter what's between your eggs tomorrow morning and you could be making an eggs.
Speaker 6: Joel Moaney is down, Get down.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Joel Moaney is down. What a tune?
Speaker 3: What a I love? I mean?
Speaker 1: I feel like if I feel like if Rihanna recorded that, it would be a hit.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, Joe, that would be a money Get down there, get down, get down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, you know, I just feel like, whoever I forgot the name of the gentleman who wrote that song, do you remember? Because we need to give him a shout out, and he should write for Beyonce.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to Travis Freshner, who did you do?
Speaker 3: Money?
Speaker 6: Gets Down to Get Down song, as well as a bunch of other stuff. We love Travis. Thanks Travis.
Speaker 1: Beyonce's releasing a country album.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 6: I already ordered the vinyl.
Speaker 1: You already ordered the vinyl?
Speaker 6: Hell yeah.
Speaker 5: I got a text from Beyonce that said new merch available right now. I ran to the website. I said, I don't need a fifth T shirt in a year. That's too many Beyonce, But I will order the blue vinyl.
Speaker 4: To the vinyl is actually a cool freaking idea for a country record. If you've gotta listen to country, you gotta have the.
Speaker 3: The crackle, the crackle crackle.
Speaker 6: As on vinyl.
Speaker 4: My daughter has Beyonce Beyonce record on vinyl, and when she gets upset and up at us, she goes into her room right when she gets sent to her room, and she turned it up full blast, and all we hear is I'm sorry, I'm sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Us.
Speaker 1: She gets mad at you guys and then cranks her Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Ranks her Beyonce on us.
Speaker 1: Are you guys laughing, Hell, yeah, we're laughing, man, I would be cracking.
Speaker 4: They think they're doing that to hurt us. It's funny as hell, man, Like some of it hurts its scars. Like my daughter when she was a kid, she would say, but she's still a kid. But when she was really really young, she would say, I never loved you. Just a straight punch in the gut, right. But I think about it and it makes me laugh too, because clearly she loves me. But the fact that she was so vicious at such a young age.
Speaker 1: If I had kids and they were when they're mean to me, and I know all kids say mean ship, I would be so sad that would that would mess me up. She said, I never loved you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it messes me up. Bro.
Speaker 1: John Cryer was on the Talk right before me, and he did a funny, funny video about about wanting to break up our romance.
Speaker 8: That's how I saw that.
Speaker 4: On TikTok, we'll say goodbye to TikTok Daniel.
Speaker 1: Okay, and what do you think TikTok's going to go?
Speaker 2: Way?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 1: You're our resident tech expert text.
Speaker 8: To be honest with you, I would trust Joel and this one more. But what I will say is that I think it would go away before TikTok decides to divest from all that Chinese money.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll say. Yeah, so, Joelle, what do you think the odds are that TikTok actually gets banned because it's run by the Chinese government. Is that what's happening.
Speaker 6: That's pretty much what they're saying.
Speaker 5: The concern is that it puts American users at risk for their information being stolen because of how China runs their information gathering.
Speaker 4: Is that what I want to say, when you say information, are you saying like their identity or are you saying.
Speaker 5: Anything you put on too TikTok. TikTok owns put your face on their TikTok owns, that you put your voice on their TikTok owns, that they can do AI do implications whether they can use your face in ad images. Instagram has a similar policy and that if you put it on Instagram, it's theirs to use how they see fit. But I don't believe they them take any ownership over your image or voice. Uh.
Speaker 1: But also one of the other issues is that that the Chinese government, if they have pernicious goals, can spread dissent among That.
Speaker 5: Was also yes, absolutely, yeah they had because they put out and I think some folks felt that China and TikTok sort of proved this point when they sent they blast out an message to all of their users to be like, hey, call your Congress people and let them know you don't want to lose TikTok. And of course they saw huge influx and people responding, and they were like, Wow, this could potentially be very powerful.
Speaker 4: Potentially. It's proud. I think TikTok now is a number one the most powerful social media outlet everybody we going to have, you know what I mean? It just jumped to number one. It was probably there already, but now for sure for sure.
Speaker 1: Because it's so addicting. It's like the uber crack rock of social media.
Speaker 8: It's funny that you say uber because I feel like this is a very similar move we're seeing where like companies are just deciding to influence policy. I'm trying to remember exactly what it was. I think it was Prop twenty two in Los Angeles. I think I could be wrong about that. I'm sorry about the number I'll double check, but Uber spent Uber and Lyft spent hundreds and hundreds of million dollars advertising around the city being like, stop this proposition so that we can continue to not pay our ride shares a livable wage or give them health benefits, and you can continue to be a gig worker who like works on your own time. And it's like, when you have that much money and that much influence, it's like, when do you stop being kind of like an independent company and start being this body that influences policy see, And it's like that's when you really start to have a conversation about like that is bad. That is bad, Like TikTok.
Speaker 6: To Minneapolis, up h Uber and Lift just left Minneapolis because they passed alat that said you have to pay them at fifteen dollars an hour.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's ridiculous. So it's like it's it's it's bad And to say that you don't have that influence is completely false.
Speaker 1: Well, it'll be interesting to see how it ends up. I mean, to have something so popular right now, for better or worse, whether you love it or hate it, the idea of it being banned is pretty pretty crazy. It would be super surprising but possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so interesting to see how that one where all those.
Speaker 1: People would go. Where would they go? Instagram?
Speaker 8: Instagram also Chat might.
Speaker 6: See an inflation and it particularly.
Speaker 3: Is right, a lot of it disappears.
Speaker 4: Whatever that algorithm, not the algorithm, but whatever the idea is, it'll immediately be Instagram. Don't they have that shit already with the reels?
Speaker 1: Yeah, reels, Yeah, but it'll be interesting. Would suck for a lot of people that have you know, gotten their fame and I assume their money from being TikTok fluencers, because they would they would no longer have a fan base. That's kind of what happened to Vine stars, right, They just all of a sudden lost all their fans. Yeah, or maybe they moved them elsewhere. I don't know.
Speaker 8: They probably moved them to reels. I mean, Vine just got eaten up and.
Speaker 1: Then we weren't there. They were like there were like real big Vine stars and then they like just turned it off.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, there were there's stars from every platform. There's Instagram stars, there were Facebook stars, YouTube stars like just of.
Speaker 1: Course, I'm just saying, if you're a TikTok star right now, you're like fuck got to diversify your I gotta diversify making tiktoks about how going to Instagram. Guys, look at my fit. Check out my fit. I'll show you more my fit. I'll show you more my fit on Instagram.
Speaker 8: I'll show you less of my fit on only fans Yeah.
Speaker 1: My fit. You can see more of an on Instagram and less of it on only fans.
Speaker 3: Only.
Speaker 4: Who know who owns only fans that's connected to somebody else? Well, the people like Facebook and the people Facebook and Facebook and Instagram are the same ship, right, Facebook, Instagram and whatever that other thing.
Speaker 1: I've never seen an only fans.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't either, I promise you I haven't either. But I have. I have definitely. I have definitely gone through the.
Speaker 4: Age the cost page I had the last second gog No.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, don't get me wrong. My thumb has hovered over the button. I catch my thumb hovering. But I don't want to be on like some OnlyFans lists.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 1: But I have, but I have curiosity.
Speaker 8: Only Fans is owned by what's called let's see here, Phoenix International, Phoenix International Limited. So some you know, some limited holding company or something.
Speaker 1: There's somebody out there. There's somebody out there or people out there who are making money. Every time someone subscribes to an OnlyFans account, that person's probably got a lot of dough.
Speaker 3: He Oh my god, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy whoever invented that or and owns a piece of it. And every time some guy doesn't just hover but pushes the button.
Speaker 4: How do the Only Fans people who aren't doing like the toes and the nudity and the sex work, how do those people do like the ones that are actually on there, like I'm teaching you how to play the guitar today.
Speaker 1: They don't really do that, do they?
Speaker 8: Hell yeah, I think those people are probably more on Patreon than they're on Only Fans just because of the way that the market of the website has changed. But they're there and it works the same.
Speaker 1: Really, there's people and Only Fans that aren't showing.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: If I were a celebrity, I would fucking go on OnlyFans and be like this is how we're gonna have animation class today, guys and fucking and.
Speaker 1: Then you whip your dick out.
Speaker 3: My god, that's what that's that's what.
Speaker 4: That's what all the comments would probably dude, fucking whip your dick out.
Speaker 1: Dude, we didn't come in motion. Take that fucking dick.
Speaker 5: Oh No, do you guys know the highest paid person on OnlyFans is four.
Speaker 6: She's a white rapper?
Speaker 8: Oh oh oh oh wait I know?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 5: It is Iggy Azalea? Do you know how much money she makes a month from her month?
Speaker 1: How much a month? How much a month?
Speaker 6: I need you guys to guess, because that's crazy. This not a number? Five hundred grand nine point two millions.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up. What does she do?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I've never seen her face.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe we should join.
Speaker 6: Do you have only Fans Joel, I've never seen her page?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What about Joe?
Speaker 3: Research? You do we need you to share? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can do we have another Joe? What if we got a fake doctors? Real friends? That's only for research? To see what research? Donald and I will not have the log in only you will have the log in, but.
Speaker 3: You must share information. Yeah, but we would do it.
Speaker 6: I would do it. Here's here's some stats.
Speaker 1: Will person if we're allowed to use iHeart money for only check.
Speaker 3: In with mister beasts doing.
Speaker 1: But it's his money, Joel, can you tell me does Iggy Azilia show naughty pictures or just wraps?
Speaker 5: I think she is getting we might say celicious, but I don't know how much she is actually showing.
Speaker 6: I know, whatever she's showing.
Speaker 5: The subscription price is twenty ninety nine and she's estimated to generate around three hundred and seven thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 3: What is she putting up there? What is she putting up there that.
Speaker 8: Is like underwear picks and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Get the fuck out of here, man, There's no way Iggy Azalea just underwear picks is getting fucking me.
Speaker 3: You could get that shit anywhere. I'm sure it's on the internet. That's on the internet, Joelle.
Speaker 1: We need you to join as a research project. Donald and I will not glance. We have no interest. We need you to do the recon. You can charge it back to the show. Let us know what's happening on there.
Speaker 3: Wait no, but then we're paying for only fans.
Speaker 1: Bro No, just for Iggyzelias for what three days?
Speaker 7: Too?
Speaker 1: Well, what's the minimum time we can do our research? Do?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Probably a month subscription, I think.
Speaker 3: Daniel do you have only fans?
Speaker 8: Do I have an only fans page? Or have I ever used it?
Speaker 3: No? Or do you have a subscription too only fans? I do not.
Speaker 1: I definitely don't want Why not, man, he could get All you got to do is just paid the twenty dollars If that's the.
Speaker 8: Case, not paying twenty dollars for underwear pics.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's I think it's way.
Speaker 1: There's the actress, is it, Drea de Matteo? Is that how you say her name?
Speaker 6: Drea dan Mateo? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has one, Yeah, she does. I think she said that she I read that she doesn't do nude. She does like you know, like you know, like what's the magazine like Maxim Maxim kind of pictures. Yeah, and then she.
Speaker 5: Joelle enough to save her house or wherever she was staying. She was able to continue to afford it post because then the during the pandemic she wasn't working obviously like a lot of folks, And she said this allowed her to maintain her current living situation.
Speaker 3: Donald, was it just pictures or was it videos? Not sure?
Speaker 1: But what if Donald and I put like maximum style pictures of ourselves?
Speaker 3: That's what about to say you make money doing that.
Speaker 6: Go to Runyon take off like get sweaty, take off your shirt.
Speaker 1: Do you want to go to run In and take some sweaty picture?
Speaker 4: I would probably die, but yes, let's go to Runyon. Take off our shirts.
Speaker 1: And we'll bring some like canola oil.
Speaker 3: Nobody's gonna buy this.
Speaker 4: We need to get our only fans going, nobody subscribing to it.
Speaker 1: I don't have to show nudity.
Speaker 3: Okay, are we touching?
Speaker 1: No nuts?
Speaker 3: Are we touching?
Speaker 1: Well, it depends how much more money do you think we'll make If.
Speaker 4: You'll make a lot more money if you touch I think if we touch there?
Speaker 1: What if I oil you up and just get on your shoulders an eagle.
Speaker 3: But you have to be like in your underwear.
Speaker 1: I'll wear like a what do you call it? A tiny beathing suit? Speedo?
Speaker 3: A speedo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to show oiled. I'm not gonna show my junk.
Speaker 3: Nothing not just well, it depends.
Speaker 1: If I'm making that ty Zilia money tip.
Speaker 3: What if it's shaft shaft? Nobody can you can disguise shaft?
Speaker 1: You can disguise fans that account that the theme is shafter balls and yes, yes, we show a little something and the only fans visitors have to guess if it's a piece of the shaft or a piece of I'm in, I'm in, alright, should you get into the shows?
Speaker 3: All right? Count of stories?
Speaker 7: Show we made about a bunch of tops and nurses, said.
Speaker 3: Here's the stories nets So gada here, Gada.
Speaker 1: Here, Season nine, Episode three, Everybody, directed by Gail Man. So, Donald, I hope you liked it, as mentioned, more than you liked the last time.
Speaker 3: I actually liked this one a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, what a turnaround.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you why I liked it a lot. Go ahead, because a lot everything that was going on was your problem. It was Cox's problem, and even Lucy's problem because you're her mentor made it so that it was your problem as well, you know what I mean. And so it made it feel like I was connecting back to the old characters. I also liked the once I settled into it, I kind of liked the idea of these guys on television right now. You and I are probably I don't want to be controversial or too controversial, but the gayest couple on television right now.
Speaker 6: When you watch this, this point, and so is willing Grace.
Speaker 1: We're gayer than willing Grace.
Speaker 3: We're gayer than willing Grace.
Speaker 6: Did you have l Ward and where it's fo gone?
Speaker 3: Okay, but there's no relationship.
Speaker 4: Our relationship on television is my ideal relationship in real life. You know what I mean That that's it's so fucking cute, dude, and there's like you could it's a shame that you're leaving in a couple of episodes.
Speaker 1: I know, I do think the JD is. This is my controversial take. He's such a dick in this episode. I mean, outside of loving you and everything, he's so selfish. He's so self obsessed, and he's going out of his way to spite Drew because he's jealous of the attention he's getting from doctor Cox.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know people behave this way in real life, of course, but I just hated seeing it from a character that we want the audience to root for.
Speaker 3: To me, it seemed to tell you why I hate it.
Speaker 1: To me, it seems so overtly childish, And that's exactly it, right, I'm not in the tone of the character that I had thought I created.
Speaker 3: You're a grown ass man. What the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 1: Right, what are you doing? You're you're acting like a child, a jealous child, and really really really being horrible to Drew, who's clearly a troubled guy who's trying to get his life back on track. I didn't like that at all, and it made me think, like, if we ever do a reboot, like I don't want to. You know, I'm forty eight years old and the character I think is younger than me, but still like he's got to be he can be silly, like I am a silly man, but he's got to be a mature doctor who's who's who's grown. And he can still have a best friend Turk that that's like our friendship, but he can't be like this infantile baby. It's just doesn't I didn't even I didn't like the way it felt.
Speaker 3: It doesn't track.
Speaker 1: He's didn't root for him. I didn't know the show.
Speaker 4: Also, you have a beard, and a beard as a sign of wisdom and everything like that sees it, you know what I mean, like sincerely, and then all of a sudden, it's not that the beard's gone, but all of a sudden, when the beard is gone, you're all you're you're a student at one point. At one point you're sitting in the audience of the class I mean in the classroom, raising your hand, interrupting.
Speaker 1: Also dressing I mean, I get it that JD, you know, doesn't understand sports, and there's some funny jokes about that in here. But like the dressing up, like the mascot was like, what show is this? This is like it just felt so silly. I know, this show is killing I.
Speaker 4: Thought they were so cute at that point though, the two of them walking in and him like, dude, I can't believe you dressed up like this.
Speaker 1: And you're like, I lock it and put the glitter on, right, you get upset.
Speaker 4: That you can't put the glitter. That shit made me laugh. I was like, all right, these fuckers are cute as well.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: We're like ciscol All right, let's get to the top of the show. JD says, let's go to the sauna so we can sit, sir size um. It's funny all these years later, I actually do like a regular sauna. I never did before, but you do, now?
Speaker 3: Do you like a steam? I do?
Speaker 1: But I prefer sauna because I like it to be really fucking and I want it to be so that you can barely stay in for fifteen minutes, and when fifteen minutes comes, you're like, oh, let me out, and then you jump into the icle one ice. Yeah, so that's for me that currently that's around like one hundred and eighty four degrees.
Speaker 3: When you start, do you start with the sauna and go yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Always start hot and you always end on cold.
Speaker 3: Look at it.
Speaker 1: What do you think of Drew's tattoo coming alive in a weird computer graphic way?
Speaker 6: Wild.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand the reason.
Speaker 1: I think that's his real tattoo, and they were trying to make a joke out of his weird real tattoo, Okay, because I think that's I mean, it was definitely definitely a real tattoo that he had. I don't know what I don't really know what it is. It's a mask of some sort, but then it comes alive. They but it's funny, it's not really a scrubs ish thing to do. Too many computer CGI jokes.
Speaker 3: But that was green screen face if you remember.
Speaker 1: It's it's computer animated.
Speaker 4: No, yes, but that was actually somebody with a green screen face. Remember Rabbit Due's gone. Now there was a new dude standing in for you. Do you remember the general I forget the gentleman's name.
Speaker 1: I forgot. But you're saying he had a green screen head on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was but he did the whole thing where he did his head like this and right.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, if you look at season one through eight, there's there's very few, uh, computer graphic fantasy esque jokes. And this was I guess this was like season nine. We're gonna have computer graphic jokes. Yeah, we're gonna shoot. We're gonna shoot HD video and put so much grain that it looks like we bought old film. And I don't know if you also gave the flashes in and out of the fantasies are different too. They're like more of like a white and another weird. They're different.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. So JD's gets scared, and the tattoo says, mock him, and I'll eat your soul, and JD says his breath was cold. Yes, Lucy bangs cold again.
Speaker 3: For some reason.
Speaker 1: Well, she's clearly physically attracted to him.
Speaker 4: He's very handsome, very very handsome, and now he's freaking and I guess some of his jokes are starting to become endearing to her. The only thing that I hate the most is that he talks about himself in the third.
Speaker 1: But wait, let me ask you something and Joelle, you can weigh in as our official woman of the show. Okay, why is she sleeping with cold? He's a douchebag? Is it just because he's hot?
Speaker 6: I have so many thoughts about Lucy's sleeping with Coal, so many.
Speaker 5: I mean, we could probably do an entire conversation just on this relationship. Wow, I think one, it's easy. He's around, He's there, that's comforting. Sex is a nice release, and she's just like there. He is also low self esteem. Why she's gorgeous and smart enough to be a doctor. I don't know why she would have low self esteem, but image has nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 5: Lots of pretty girls are like, I don't look good like it's confusing as to why you're here. When I see this relationship happen in real life, and I see it plenty of times, I'm just as confused as when I see it on TV. What's happening, ladies?
Speaker 6: Why do we do it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's because she does mention that he's good in bed. She says something about his hands being strong, and I think it's I think I think you infer that they're having she's having a good time having sex to them. And also he looks like Dave Franco. But he certainly is a horrible.
Speaker 6: Person, horrible, horrible person.
Speaker 1: Who also did something horrible to her.
Speaker 3: Right early on?
Speaker 4: Is he being horrible in this episode when you're watching Has he been horrible in this episode at all?
Speaker 3: He's just an idiot when to see horrible.
Speaker 5: When Mahoney walks in and he was like and she's there for like advice support from her girlfriend who's like ladies threesome, it's like, bro, calm down.
Speaker 1: Like shot.
Speaker 6: Shot, come on, come on.
Speaker 3: I committed him for that moment. I was like, yeah, commending to you, boy, goodness your real situation.
Speaker 6: Casey's friend walks in, You're just chilling him be and You're like, I'm a grown.
Speaker 3: Ass man right now. I'm a grown man right now.
Speaker 4: Ain't no way Casey's friends walking into the room unless she's trying to get something first of all. And the only way Casey's not like, get the fuck out of here is if Casey's trying to get something going.
Speaker 3: So that's what happened. It happened, Donald, Are you kidding? Let's say that ship now now if I'm not down, I mean I'm grown.
Speaker 4: If that ship happens, I would I think I think I would be able to read the room in that moment, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 1: Donald shot and she's like, Donald, she's here to measure the drapes.
Speaker 3: Why are we making in bed? Fucking Oh you didn't add that you're in bed just like that dude going to the animation room.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that story so much.
Speaker 6: That's a great story.
Speaker 1: I love that story. For those of you who hadn't heard that episode. Uh, someone Donald's who wasn't someone selling Donald's car. Donald invited into the animation room and he tried to kiss him.
Speaker 4: I thought, I listen, I was showing him my animation. I thought he would appreciate.
Speaker 3: The fact that I thought that was his tree. He thought that was cool, and he was like, he shot his shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did, But you know, and he might there might be like some sort of slang like that he that you don't know. That's like, do you want to go to my animation room? Means do you want to play man.
Speaker 3: That don't listen? There's no way, there's no way, there's no way.
Speaker 1: Just to make sure there's no way.
Speaker 3: That's code in any it might be now I might be I mean I might have still through tules.
Speaker 1: That there's couples that are listeners listen if you're if you're a couple that listens, this might be a good way for you to secretly in front of friends or kids, say that you want to hook up. You can be like, do you want to go to my animation room? And only your partner will know?
Speaker 3: And everybody's like, huh, Like I'm an animator.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, and your kids are like, you don't animate. I'm getting into it, Junior, shut up, darling. Would you like to go to our animation room to our animation Would you like to go to our wink wink animation room?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: The second grade gym class fantasy that was That was the most Johnny C. Must have been so happy that day. That was the most Johnny C esque fantasy.
Speaker 3: Hiding aim teacher he.
Speaker 1: Got to fucking peg kids in the face with dodgeballs. Yeah, he looked very happy. He looked like he was in his element.
Speaker 3: Nicki Wheeling not the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor Nicki Wheeling. She keeps getting I hope she gets this plot line beyond her being dissed for her looks eventually.
Speaker 3: That's just like.
Speaker 4: It's ongoing. It was less it was first episode, second episode end.
Speaker 1: So we're three episodes in and she hasn't had anything to do other than be a hot girl. Who it's beast all right, So coal trains to be number one. Yeah, Cole says, the coal train is coming for Drew. He's jealous. He wants to be a Colonel Doctor. This hallway scene where they confront each other where Cole runs up on Drew, Colonel Doctor is in it like four times. So you know, normally, for those of you who don't know when, the background are sort of choreographed so that when you end up cutting the thing together, they're in the same place at the same time. That's why that way it makes sense that the person travels across the room, and normally that works, but sometimes someone can get out of their choreography and they appear in the scene, like three places they shouldn't be at once. Well, Colonel Doctor did that in the scene. If you are interested at all, he appears like four different times during this one scene. Colonel doctors everywhere, or at least he's got triplets.
Speaker 4: There are triplets of either that or whoever was the ad, Yeah, fucked up the second ad?
Speaker 3: Well, sorry, whoever was in charge of crossing.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be it would be like the the it would be like the well, the second No, it's usually like the second second or yeah or the first ad, depending on what the show is. But somebody fucked up because Colonel Doctor exists in it's like he's in the metaverse, because he appears many many times in the back of the scene, JD holds office hours in a tree.
Speaker 4: See now, this at least is consistent. Also, this is why I started to like the show. I was like, all right, at least they're being consistent. All right, so everything is going to happen in this tree instead of that bench. That other conversation should have happened in the tree. Also, you know what I mean. But I'm glad that this started up there. And then the puns for the.
Speaker 1: Learning tree has you have to branch out. I'm gonna leave really bad dad jokes.
Speaker 3: Oh, great, security guards are back. They're very That was lame. I'm sorry they're bad. I hated it.
Speaker 1: No, it's bad.
Speaker 3: I hated it.
Speaker 1: It's bad. Every time they appear, was it?
Speaker 3: Men on film? Hated it? Hated it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think first of all, they're so clearly trying to be the new Janitor, and Neil was so uniquely bizarre and funny, and this is not a good, no offense to the guys. They're very funny actors. It's not their fault. It's just it's trying to replace Neils.
Speaker 4: It's not working well the way that they're trying to replace characters. You know, I like the horse stuff with Lucy. It's very unicorny.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's very She's like a JD in a young woman's body.
Speaker 3: Or just JD. Yeah, just JD or just JD. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, horses are very unicorny. Lucy needs a new mentor. So she's on the hunt and uh. And then JD sees Turk and cocks hanging and he's so fucking jealous and he writes why in his breath on the glass and turk reads it backwards and what do you do? Size? So JD hates Drew.
Speaker 3: He said that, So this reminded me of Sean. Nobody cares Sean.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares Sean except that Drew's a student and j He's being such a petty piece of shit.
Speaker 3: JD's a teacher that it's so bad.
Speaker 5: Do you think Cox bears any responsibility for egging JD on in such an extreme way.
Speaker 4: I think Cox wants this kid to I don't think Cox wants the kid to crack, but I think Cox wants this kid to experience all the annoying.
Speaker 3: Look, he's a grown he knows Drew. You're grown.
Speaker 4: You're a lot older than these kids. You're smarter than these kids. Also, you know what I mean, we can actually hang out. You're not a fucking kid. I can actually you know, you've been here before you cracked. I'm going to get you as close to cracking as possible. I think he's being an actual great mentor to this dude by making him, by making it so that the kids envy him. I think he's taken on this challenge. That's why I really like this episode, because it's not about Drew. It's about Cox, you know what I mean. But he's taking on this mentorship, whereas j D didn't see the way he taking on the mentorship he does. He did JD the way he's doing all the other interns, you know what I mean, through fear. If you make it through, that's great. But this one, he's like, I'm gonna do it different. Let's let's switch it up.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But it's so horrible how JD is getting in the way of that mentorship out of his own insecurity. It's like, yeah, that does. You had a chance, you had a chance to be a student, and we saw all that. Now now you're a grown man, you're a teacher yourself, and.
Speaker 3: You're freaking you guys are best friends. You guys are buddies, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: People will say, well, don't forget that he saw Turk and Cox in the restaurant, I mean in the bar drinking beer watching sports, because they're watching sports.
Speaker 1: And JD says, I saw you canoodling in that sports themed tavern, pretending you like beer.
Speaker 3: Me, we actually do like beer. JD.
Speaker 1: Canoodling in that sports themed tavern is the word tavern. All right, we're gonna take a break and when we come back, we will talk about one thing I did make me laugh out loud uh in the episode, and I will say it after this break.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: And I laughed when this wasn't my lo o l but I laughed when you said you're John damn Dorian. And then I said, okay, we if we do a chess bump, don't flex because it always knocks the wind out of me.
Speaker 3: I flex and you go. See.
Speaker 1: It made me think about when you chest bumped Donald chess bump Momoa in one of the outtakes and the T Mobile commercial and Donald literally not doing a bit. He literally fell back.
Speaker 3: From lost my balance. Yeah, I lost my balance.
Speaker 1: They jumped up in the air during one of the takes and meant to chest bump and literally Momoa just stayed there and Donald fell flat back.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, I one. I had to jump. I haven't I haven't had to jump in a really long time. But I had to jump to do the chest bump.
Speaker 4: So when I landed from the bump in the air, when I landed, I didn't land on my toes.
Speaker 3: I kind of landed in the middle of the toe.
Speaker 1: Why are you trying to qualify it. It's just funny that Jason momore chest bumped you to the ground.
Speaker 4: Because I could have caught my balance. But when I realized I was going over for the camera. Oh, in my mind, I said, this is way funnier.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I thought you really not care you're saying you leaned into the joke. Yes, I get it now, Well that's less satisfying.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. All right.
Speaker 1: Here's where I laughed out loud. When Lucy is walking backwards and she falls and onto a patient and she says, I'm on your tube and that's how.
Speaker 3: I eat.
Speaker 1: That shit was funny.
Speaker 3: That was very funny.
Speaker 1: I think I'm on your tube, Dads.
Speaker 3: He was. He was actually eating at that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, upset about it. She was on the breast. Let's second, He's like, that's the vegetables. Get up, all right. Lucy wants to shadow Joe. Joe wants no part of it. JD then crashes Turk's operation. This was so weird.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, hold up, let's go let's hold up, let's go back all right. So Lucy wants to shadow Joe. Joe says go shadow Turk. She's like, get out of here. I can't because he's so knee deep in this new intern. Turn he was an intern. His new intern turns out to be a man that's older than Turk but is now back in medicool school and he's shadowing him and he's a yes man too, So he's.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't think that guy should be in charge of the ana though. That's what I didn't understand, Like, I don't think that that but even though he's an older guy, he didn't seem qualified to be in charge of fantasy. No woman have to.
Speaker 4: Actually be a doctor to be an anesthesiologist.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that I don't think that, like, uh, someone who wasn't up to the task would be in charge of putting someone down in surgery.
Speaker 3: That shit turned into all of a sudden, the Three Stooges.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that guy was just shy of bringing up a sub sandwich. You mean, like, sorry, I'm in the middle of lunch, right, right, right, right, So check this out. So the if I'm correct, and I could be wrong, that guy and the guy who's the.
Speaker 4: The other security security guard we're writing partnersh oh okay.
Speaker 1: Interesting that could be true. Well, they were, they were. He was a funny actor. I just didn't understand the storyline of him in charge of anesthesia that felt like, you're right, it felt like three stooges.
Speaker 3: It all of a sudden got very very slapsticky. He's like this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, I don't know to use this thing. It's crazy. This machine I'm in over my head. And the woman's like the woman keeps waking up.
Speaker 3: And you're like, You're like, shouldn't you should you should be?
Speaker 1: And then you do the what would Jade d what would John Dan do do? And then she's like you put in too many d's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why isn't she asleep?
Speaker 1: Why isn't she asleep? All right, So that happened. Now Joe, there's a twelve year old but Joe has a patient that is ill, and Lucy's trying to shadow her and the patient that still has a twelve year old boy, and Joe tries to get Drew to babysit him. He doesn't like children, so Joe has to look after this kid himself while Lucy takes the patient to go get MRI. I did get goosebumps when She comes back and says, I didn't understand that Lucy wouldn't. I know, it was probably just for the story, but I would have thought Lucy would be able to read an MRI. Know it was bad news at this point in her track. But maybe that's wrong. I don't know. But she asked Joe to read the MRI and Joe says, she's dying. And I thought that was a good moment. I got goosebumps at that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was well. I liked that. I liked the connection that Eliza Koop and the kid created in the scene. Also, it was actually good, right was char Yeah? Very and so was she.
Speaker 4: I liked that a lot, and so I agree with you. This is when the show started really getting interesting. Also for me because now.
Speaker 3: And it's just me and I think this is a great thing for the writers.
Speaker 4: Everybody who had the problem in the show was old school scrubs.
Speaker 3: So even though a lot.
Speaker 4: You know, part of the intern cast or med school cast, she was an intern for two seasons before this, you know what I mean, And so I'm well invested in her problems because I've been watching her, you know what I mean. Like if that's another thing. Maybe if they would have bought familiar interns. I know, it's a different story, maybe you'll want that.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 3: Well, but like you know, but like.
Speaker 4: Sonny or you know, I'm sure, and Sonny does make an appearance later on. But if they would have bought in those guys and we followed that, maybe, but they just went straight up med school.
Speaker 1: And I did say that Mike is really a good actor.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, They're all great actors.
Speaker 4: His story only works because it's connected to doctor Cox, you know what I mean. You're invested because it's Cox. When it's not them, you don't get. It's hard to be invested in the And it's not the actor's fault. It's the fault of the way that we shouldn't be on the show Man. It should be somebody completely, it should be completely there should just be one of us, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I'm not I'm not minimizing any of the wonderful actors when I compliment someone else. But I'm saying, I noticed what a good actor Mike Mosley is in this episode.
Speaker 3: He's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a very talented guy. Yeah, I thought I thought I thought every moment he managed to ride that line, which which is very tricky in Scrubs, which is I don't know. To be honest, I don't think I'm riding the line very well in this episode. I think I'm so broad and silly and I'm in a different I'm in, I'm in I'm in a slapstick show in my mind. But I watched Mike, and I said, he's riding the line really well. He's playing all of the all of it straight, like it's all real. Granted, he's not tasked with wearing owl cat makeup and working out of a tree, but uh, but I thought that he was playing it really believably well.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's another reason why I liked that storyline too, because it reminded it wasn't as slapsticky as everything else was.
Speaker 1: Although it's hard to believe that Drew doesn't have to run a code at this point in his medical career, they sure did take their time getting a crash card to this patient. They're just like, Okay, he's coding, what do we do? And I know that this is part of teaching, But like anyone who's seen the TV show in their life knows the first part is to get a crash card to the patient. They're just sitting there talking and he's like, I don't know what to do. It's like, bro, you know to fucking ask for the crash card. I mean, you've seen an episode of Scrubs.
Speaker 3: You've got it. You had to have seen er by now right.
Speaker 1: You never seen an R or Scrubs or grays Anatomy. You could just fucking yell, crash card. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Ask what a crash card? First?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Even I could tell you to yell for the crash card. I'm not I haven't been all this medical what's going on?
Speaker 3: He's coding. He's coding, Yeah, crash card, that's just standard.
Speaker 1: Then just let the nurses do their things. Slowly slink away way No, But he really panics in that moment. As I'm sure we're joking, but I'm sure many a doctor who's training panics because someone's life is truly literally in your hands. And he panics, and then JD steps in. But I again, I just had so much trouble, Like, of course you he's gonna step in. He's a fucking supposed to be a great doctor. But then like the smirk on not smirk, but the look on his face like, now I'm going to get attention from Cox. I that was so lame.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think that was so when I looked at it. That's what the voiceover said. But the look on his face to me looked like he was worried about Cox, And I think the voiceover for me, the voiceover didn't match the look.
Speaker 3: That he had.
Speaker 1: How do you mean he was worried about Cox.
Speaker 4: Because he knows how important this kid is to him, And even though he's joking, this would have been a better story. He knows how important the kid is to him, and he knows how invested he is in and and how much of this kid's career is now in his hands, and how he wants it to work. It would have been better if, yeah, JD's complaining about it, But when the moment happens, it's you know, I fucking wanted to gloat at this moment in time, but I couldn't help but think about my friend.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's a better story, you know what I mean? And instead it went to it went to haaa, I'm the fucking number two.
Speaker 3: I'm number one again.
Speaker 1: Right, which I didn't like. I also don't feel there's any reason for co. It would have been more interesting if Cox and JD had some sort of legit friendship. In this episode. JD feels like a fucking stalker. Mm hmm, Like, Stan, what's this thing?
Speaker 3: Stan stand he's done cold? I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he feels like at all, Yeah, why would Cox want to be friends with this guy who's fucking obsessed with him?
Speaker 3: It's like, dear Slim, I wrote you, but you still ain't calling.
Speaker 1: It would have been cooler if if, like, and maybe this will happen, if there's a reboot or something, We're like, no, they're they're friends now, like you know, they're their colleagues. He can still he can still diss them and be like a big brother to them in a way that the Bill in some ways is to me. He feels like a big brother who's still sometimes you know, big brotherish, but they're friends. Yeah, I mean that would be more interesting to me. Definitely.
Speaker 3: I thought that was the way that this was going to go.
Speaker 1: Well it's not. JD's like a fucking stalker wearing owl makeup.
Speaker 4: The other thing that's crazy is that so at the end of it, he goes and talks for both kids right at the end, right he talks for Lucy and he talks.
Speaker 3: For for Drew.
Speaker 4: It could have gotten there to say at the same time, and the argument should have been between j D and Cox.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I just I feel like it just missed the mark the story. The end of the story is the right ending, it's just the in between there. I would have liked it if the push and pull would have been between JD and Cox for the rest of the episode at.
Speaker 1: That And I would like to believe that there's any redeeming value in cos wanting to have a friendship with JD. Right now, it's like, why would I want to be friends with the fucking goofball who's like trapped in a twelve year old's body? Sorry, Joe, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, continuing on this idea of like friendship, I thought in an older version of Scrubs, Turk would have gone way harder on JD.
Speaker 3: Oh Yeah, Like, dude, what if what the fuck are you doing? Bro? You're gonna he just came to you for advice? If we would have did that and got dissed. Man, we had each other. This dude has nobody bro come on.
Speaker 5: I like the moment where Turk would like suddenly be like the most mature person in the room. It like happened periodically. You'd be like, oh wow, like Turk's like an actual full a.
Speaker 6: Don't you were giving these moments with these like little side eyes where were like why are you doing these?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: I kept waiting. I'm like, Turk, go in, go in, and he just never does. I was missing it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Those are rare moments.
Speaker 4: I think was really the one that that's the missing factor right now is the grounding of this show.
Speaker 1: Carlo. Yeah, that's true. She's not even referenced.
Speaker 4: I read on Scrubs she's referenced. She's referenced. I thought we were leaving our wives at home.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm telling you that. On Scrubs Wiki, it says this is the first season nine episodes in which Carla is mentioned. Specific details are not given, but Turk mentions they are still together. Yeah, okay, so then we do that. There's that we're at the bar. JD talks about how much he loves sports, grass and how lovely it is. He calls beer sticky, and the guys imagine that that their dream would be to have candy hands. That turns anything to candy, and.
Speaker 4: Drew has a vulnerable moment. He comes up to doctor Cox and he says, you know, I fucked up?
Speaker 3: Do you think you could forgive me? Right? And coxes, I get to fuck out of here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is b And then this was so bad like Denise, Denise won't give the child her number to call her. That just felt like a bridge too far from me, don't I know it's I know it's a story point, but it's like when the little boys like this is gonna be hard. We will I be able to call you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, my mom's dying.
Speaker 3: I tracked my mom.
Speaker 1: I just fell out. I'm twelve. Can I have your number to ask questions?
Speaker 3: No? It's tracks though.
Speaker 4: She was like that, and she's been like, I won't you know, she doesn't really do the heartfelt stuff to a child.
Speaker 1: That just felt so fucking rough. Yeah, okay, like you said, Lucy's a horse girl.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Denise comes in. She says that that she's that they were studying and fornicating, and then we shot. We get the song the Wheepies, the Weepees song Can't Go Back Now, which is a really pretty song that ends this episode. I recommend the Wheepies if you don't know them. They're a beautiful band. And then this sports grass thing again at the end, and then JD confronts cox in a in a in a good way even though he's wearing the owl ears.
Speaker 3: You made it with tho.
Speaker 1: I tried, you know, I try. I saw the actor going, how do I play a scene straight while wearing owl makeup and ears?
Speaker 3: But I did my best makeup.
Speaker 1: What the fuck's an owl cat?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Look a D and D character, right, No, that's an owl bear.
Speaker 8: Our bear sounds like one.
Speaker 1: There's a tag at the end where the security guards say that they've got another case of turf freaks, meaning that this is a common problem with people who like made me laugh.
Speaker 4: In the beginning when it was just us on the turf, and then it got then I didn't like it anymore when it cut to the security guard. Should have ended with us, with us on the turf being fucking j D and Turk. That's how it should have ended.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then it goes to their security cameras and they call us turf freaks, which means they have a recurring problem with people that are like get off by touching turf.
Speaker 3: And they're gonna go get the tranquilizer guy.
Speaker 1: No, it's a taser. This time is a taser. It's called the Conquista Door.
Speaker 3: The Mexican one. Right, get the Mexican.
Speaker 1: They're gonna go. They're gonna horrible. They're gonna like extra tas us, like, not just a regular taser, like a super strong one called the Conquista Door. Because we're on the turf. Wow, I'm gonna break. And Joelle, do you have some some opinions on season nine from us? We have two Oh so exciting everyone. You're not gonna want to miss this. Wait, I have something crazy to tell you.
Speaker 3: Right after the break. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Back, I don't really have anything to tell you. I was what was called just giving a tease before the break to ensure that you'd come back. You I can think of something crazy to tell us.
Speaker 8: You got us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how that's how it works in radio.
Speaker 8: All right, Joell, go ahead, which you want to hear first? Positive or negative?
Speaker 6: Let's start with the negative, so we can end with the positive.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Agree, Yes, Joelle, go ahead lead it.
Speaker 9: Hello, Joel, Daniel Zach and JD. Greetings from flag Staff, Arizona. My name is Pete Casteonic and I just wanted to say such for the podcast. When I think back, you know a lot of us think back on COVID. What got us through it is that this podcast coming out, you know, the Scrubs came out when I was just going into high school, and I think having Scrubs really was just a cool outlet, you know, as someone who identifies with j D's character, you know, it just through all through high school and college, it was pretty pretty.
Speaker 3: Amazing to be able to tune in each week.
Speaker 9: That being said, I'm here to say why I hate episode three our role model, and I think the thing in this episode is someone who identifies with JD's character is I was kind of hoping that, you know, JD and Doctor Cox, his relationship would kind of move on more from exactly said approval and friendship to more of a you know, kind of like when doctor Kelso retired it was a little bit more fun loving and now I obviously I get the humor of the number one T shirt that Drew wears. But I think for me, it just felt really cheap that he was able to get doctor Cox's approval and love so so quickly. But I think just in general with the show, it just it's really kind of sad for me to see some of the you know, supporting characters and people in different positions other than the doctor kind of go away in the show. And I think for me, you know, the the funniest moments in Scrubs are with you know, when Neil the janitor, or with Ted the lawyer, and I think, you know, not having some of those more ancillary positions in the hospital involved, including the nurses, and it being more focused on the doctors and then the students becoming doctors, I think it's lost a lot of that breadth of humor. So I think, just for me, you know it the chemistry piece, you know, JD and Zach's chemistry in the show is obviously on point, but I think beyond that, it's just lacking that in general. Anyway, thanks for listening to my comments and I love the podcast. Thank you guys, Thank thanks.
Speaker 2: Peter.
Speaker 5: Peter sent us an email apologizing he was like I was so nervous, I said JD. When I met Donald twice, he caught it on his listen back, and he apologized Peter.
Speaker 1: I could tell he was nervous, So Donald, don't get upset with Peter.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna get upset. But I'm going to say one thing though. He I thought he was going to say exactly what we were saying.
Speaker 3: He wasn't. It switched.
Speaker 1: Really he said two really smart things. First, he said that he thought that JD and and Cox would be a little more like Cox and Kelso, which is what we're saying. And then he said something I didn't even thought of was missing. But he's right, all of the ancillary characters are.
Speaker 4: I love that part too. But then he also said the reason why he didn't like it, though, was because it took j D. He was He's jealous too. It took JD so long to get Cox's approval and this dude gets it right away. So part of there, if I heard correctly, he said, I didn't like the I don't like the fact that he's the number one character. He's the number one guy, and how Cox made him so part of him has a little bit of that jealousy in him too.
Speaker 3: Though, I hear you.
Speaker 1: That was really well said, people, absolutely, and thank you for being a listener and all the kind things you said about the show. And you know, I was saying preach during your whole two minute segment, well said, all right, Joelle, let's hear someone who really likes episode three of season nine.
Speaker 6: Take it away, Daniel.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, it's been a lot of fun listening to the show over the last couple of years, so of course I got to start out with a quick thank you.
Speaker 8: To Bill.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So I really like season nine episode three. I think for me personally, one of the biggest reasons why is because I don't know how it felt for you guys on set filming it performing it, But to me as a viewer, it doesn't really feel like anybody is phoning it in from the new cast to the old cast, Like everybody still feels in character and now what he feels like they're just there to take a paycheck. Everyone is super earnest. At least that's how it feels as a viewer. When you have Johnny c in the classic high school you know outfit with like the short shorts on and everything I mean, he's still killing it. I can't imagine Johnny c half assing performance. And I really also liked when Johnny c asks the class to let him clock the moment.
Speaker 8: That they realized they weren't going to make it as doctors.
Speaker 2: And Carrie Basha, her character is so earnest that she leans forward to really let him watch her soul die.
Speaker 8: I thought that was very funny.
Speaker 2: The physical comedy between Turk and JD is still there. I mean that chest bump where Zach just completely like caves his entire chest cavity, I thought was very funny. The surgery scene was another one where I laughed real hard. Donald just making me crack up when he just kept yelling why are you awake? Candy Hands was a classic one for me. I don't know why that, just that one just really hit me. But then I think also season nine, at least this episode kind of nails that heartfelt, sort of get you in the feels vibe that the rest of Scrubs had. The relationship between Denise and the kid I thought was a really good evolution of her character. And then I mean the audacity of this show to have Zach acting the hell out of that scene with Johnny C while he's in full on ridiculous cats makeup.
Speaker 1: I thought it was hard perfect.
Speaker 2: I liked most about that scene though, was when Zach calls him Perry. He doesn't do it as like a bit. It's not like a you know, flexing the relationship sort of thing. He just calls him Perry because in that moment they genuinely are equals. And I think that that's fantastic. I mean, season nine, as an epilogue, that just kind of lets you see a little bit into these characters' lives. I thought was really great. It just gives me a little more scrubs. And maybe I'm just a simple man, but I just wanted more scrubs, and I got more scrubs with some of my favorite characters, as well as a whole host of really good ones, really really good new ones. I will say that Cole should probably be in jail for sex crimes, but that's neither here nor there. I think he's got a good, pretty good arc later on. But you know, still, anyway, love you guys, keep it up. You all putting in fantastic work and it's not unappreciated.
Speaker 8: So thanks so much.
Speaker 3: That was awesome very much. Tom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think if you combine both both together, I think that's yeah. I think that's the general census, you know what I mean. It's got so the show has so many great moments and their actors are so good.
Speaker 1: Tom was so convincing that he made me like the episode more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what you like because you may do the things that he talked about.
Speaker 4: He actually nailed the moments that we laughed at the hardest Man, and there were a lot of moments where we laughed.
Speaker 1: We said those same moments. And also I appreciate the compliment of trying to do an earnest, real genuine scene with Cox and Alil makeup. So I appreciate the compliment. It's like a double black diamond acting exercise be taken seriously while wearing that.
Speaker 3: But that's fun.
Speaker 1: I'm really liking this exercise. Guys. I think it's so. It's a it's it's really cool to hear like a Cisco and Ebert pro and a con of the episode.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 6: It's lovely.
Speaker 3: Do you like it?
Speaker 1: Donald a Daishun?
Speaker 2: I do like it.
Speaker 3: You know what I like a lot though, as is that extended family comes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're going to segue to.
Speaker 4: Jesday Nights on NBC and then you can stream it on Peacock the very next day. So if it's Wednesday, guess what Peacock.
Speaker 1: Okay, we were going to segue to plugs, but you just seamlessly went there right on in.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Is that got we're going?
Speaker 4: You asked me, were asking for my final thought, pretty much, and my final thought is extended family Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: Listen French Girl, guys. It's my new movie with Vanessa Hudgens. It's really funny. Please check it out. Donald, I really want you to watch it. I don't watch things, but please watch this. You'll laugh.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you. We're doing a campaign. It's out right now, all right, kidspaign is Get it to number one.
Speaker 1: It's on Apple, It's on Amazon, wherever you buy video on demand movies. Check out French Girl and you'll have a laugh.
Speaker 3: Do you speak French in it?
Speaker 1: I do speak a little French in it?
Speaker 3: Donald, Do you French kissing it?
Speaker 1: I do French kissing it? Donald?
Speaker 3: Are they're French fries?
Speaker 1: There are French fries.
Speaker 3: On that note.
Speaker 1: Audience, We love you. Thanks for tuning. In we'll see you next time. Donald.
Speaker 7: Nice stories that show we made about a bunch of docs and nurses, he said.
Speaker 3: Here's the stories nets so YadA here, YadA here swe