Speaker 1: With regard.
Speaker 2: Forever attempted stand up or you know, anything in a comedy club. Like way back in two thousand and one, as soon as Jackass came out, like this rave promoter from Cleveland invited me to a party and paid me to be at the party, and we kind of developed a relationship where he just started booking me for personal appearances. And the personal appearances two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Rank of two thousand and one was like jack is just starting on TV.
Speaker 2: Correct, Jack Gus started October of two thousand and In two thousand and one, the first like real sort of just public appearance at a night club was that club Lavilla in Panama City, Florida. And all I had to do was just be there. But when I showed up, like there was a stage. I was like, oh, there's a stage right there. And so I got on the stage and started like doing stupid stunts, yeah back all of it, and and and I like it drew a crowd to the stage. There was like hundreds of people in front of the stage, and the rave promoter from Cleveland he thought, oh, well this is a no brainer. I got a show. So that that turned into the Stevens Don't Try This at Home tour where I would and every single one of these performances for the Don't Try This Home Tour when promoting them, I promised that I would be drunk and on drugs or your money back. And I kept my word. Man, I was good to my word. It was on that same Don't Try This at Home tour one time, as I honored my word to be drunk and on drugs, I accidentally took I can't remember if it was a valium or a xanax, that it was an acapoco and there were there had to have been like three thousand people in front of the stage, and xanax stevo was not nearly as exciting as cocaine. Steve, Yeah, they were there.
Speaker 1: You ever mix it to you ever take the elevator down and up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The old speedball, Yeah, I would do it all. But like I learned a valuable lesson that night in Acapoco. No benzos, yeah, no, no down. Yeah. It was just you know, I just did it was the most catastrophic bomb really yeah. Like the crowd was deeply offended by my performance.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't remember there were throwing stuff, but I definitely.
Speaker 1: Got you did too many things. Yeah, you're guaranteed. It was too guaranteed, right.
Speaker 2: And then and then it became from that point on very important to that you only do cocaine, right, and and I won't even say who it became important to, but they became important to everybody that the cocaine had to be procured like like that. It was like, I don't know if I ever made it onto the writer. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, like a writer is like a formal legal contract of like you have to provide this to our artists. Yeah, but but yeah, they and the thing and the problem with that is that, like cocaine didn't make me very likable either.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny. I saw you at an abandoned Win Dixie supermarket with Ryan Dunn in Florida, in Boyton Beach, Florida, and you got I was probably eighteen, nineteen twenty years old. I'm forty, so probably you know, two decades ago, and you didn't we have the snake. You didn't have the snake. You were you were stapling women's under body. You and Done were throwing up vomiting for some reason. There was no security. Well there was security, but they were completely inept at their jobs. The security didn't care if people leapt on stage, so half the audience is on. Half the audiots couldn't see you because they were black. And then there was no security for your green rooms, so everybody went into your green rooms backstage. And I have a memory of you true to your word and guaranteeing that you were both high and drunk.
Speaker 3: Polite, and you were very polite, but I think you were, uh bloody. I have a vague memory of your bloody, sweaty stapled, and Done was very polite too. I remember running up to Done on stage as he's vomiting, and I was like, and how do you do this every night?
Speaker 1: And he goes, I have a lot of experience throwing up from my time in the ballet. It was like he was thinking as a Bolivia joker or something like that.
Speaker 3: In the moment he had that like on the back of my my vomiting vombit out of his nose, just like the random experience throwing up from my time in the ballet.
Speaker 2: Bless us. All right, you know there's a lot there now.
Speaker 1: In my mind, it was a short show. Yeah, it wasn't the state of US.
Speaker 2: Boy, we took care of most bodily fluids. I would typically travel with U two. It would be me and two other guys from Jackass, and those guys would would alternate. But then it got to a point where the guys didn't really I wasn't a lovely creature, and Dave England quit and we replaced him with the fourteen foot long King Cobra, which we would release on the stage with this guy.
Speaker 1: This shows a very memorable show. Yeah, awesome with this, it only had like five minutes of material. I was like, this stretched like half an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where the cocaine.
Speaker 3: Came in
Speaker 1: With aericdre