Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded, y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all ball at all.
Speaker 2: So don't given the.
Speaker 3: Millican bus busy.
Speaker 4: Listen to me to show to.
Speaker 5: Don't joy yeah, joy, you.
Speaker 6: Love.
Speaker 2: You got to turn.
Speaker 7: To turn the mouse to turn.
Speaker 2: You probably got to turn the mouth, turn out, turn a wad of the money up.
Speaker 8: Look, come on, come on, you'll think, I sure will come on. And everybody you are listening to the voice, come on, dig me now what and only Steve Harvey got a radio show? Man, oh man, oh man? How good is God to me? And part of the mission and the reason that I have a radio show is to become a share of more and more of a share of you know. I used to hear my mother say it to me all the time. But God blesses you to become a blessing. And I think the more you understand that about yourself, I think the more blessings will flow your way. I think that once you understand the principle that you know. But it's kind of tied together with some other scriptures, and I'm not too knowledgeable about them, of course, as usual, but I do know what I've heard, you know, And you know, if you look at something simple as do unto others as you would have them do unto you, wouldn't you want somebody to help you you needed help. I just know how to get it down there to where I've been able to understand it. If there's a scripture similar that it says do unto others as you would have them do unto you, or if that's you know, in a prayer, would not you want somebody to help you if you needed help? You've heard you reap what you sow? Do you understand that if you so discord, that discord is gonna come your way. That if you hate, hate gonna come your way. If you blog nothing but negative comments about people, your life will be filled with negativity. If all you do is talk about people, then guess what somebody got to turn that gun around and talk about you. See, it just stands to reason. So what I've learned in my life and through all the trials and tribulations that I've had, is to take those lessons and share them with people in case you ain't heard it from somebody else. See sometimes, and the reason it seems like I'm redundant at times is which I am is because I'm always trying to find a different way to say the same thing. Because it's a funny thing. Man, you got to hear it a certain way for it to click with you. How many times have I heard a saying and then I heard it a different way that it clicked with me? You know, I've heard of this saying right here. Remember this now, everybody's not happy for you. We've all heard that, right, everybody's not happy for you. Well, that's very simple. Yeah, I don't need no explanation. That simply means of all the people you know or do not know, when something happens to you and you celebrate, everybody not gonna join in on the celebration. That's all that is. But then you take it one step further. My father used to say something to me all the time. He said, son, everybody come with you can't go with you. I didn't get that when I was fifteen. Everybody come with you can't go with you. He said, you're gonna lose some of these friends you got along the way. But I don't care where you get in life. Know this right here, everybody can't go with you if you are constantly trying to improve yourself, you constantly have to take assessment of the people around you, because if you are going to continue to go and continue to grow, then guess what you got to have people that's on the goal and willing to grow, or else, guess what you're gonna learn the valuable lesson. You know, the late boxing promoter Butch Lewis. I was talking with Butch Lewis one time, and man with a good brother. Man, He say, every successful man is doing what I call he got rope work to do. He got rope work to do. He got to put in work on rope. And I'm sitting there listening to Butch Lewis and all the money he had made and all the people's lives he had changed, and all of the moves he was making. And he's an incredible skills as a negotiator on behalf of some very very wealthy people. He was just an amazing man with no education, but he read everything. He Butch Lewis read all the papers, all the periodicals. That brother knew everything. He said, you got to put in rope. And I was sitting there listening. He said, here's the analogy, little brother. He said, you are on rope. There's a thick rope. You have on no shirt, you have on some tattered clothes, you have on no shoes. Your shorts is cut off just below the knee, and they tatted, and you got dirt on you and your sweating. There's this huge, huge raw rope over your shoulder. There's burn marks on all of your shoulder. Connected to that rope is a wagon. That wagon has all your weight on it, all your responsibilities, all the people you're responsible for, all your children, your wife, your family members, your employees, your coworkers, your friends. They all on that wagon. Man, they just sitting there. He's saying, what you gotta do is you gotta pull that wagon up the heel. Now. The only thing with it is, can't nobody help you pull your wagon? You pull your wagon alone. He say, Now, what you can do along the way of pulling your wagon is you can find yourself a good wife, a good woman. He say, Now, what that woman does is she get down off the wagon. She fan you while you pull it. She put water on you while you pull it. She puts stuff in your mouth while you pull it. She kicked rocks out the weight while you pull it. But she but she pull it for you. But she is equally as important as you are on the pull of the rope. He say, you hear me clearly now, young soldier, He said, nah, I got this here, he says, people on your wagon that you're responsible for. But you want the people on your wagon to help you get your wagon to the top. So what you hope is that they got their foot hanging over the side pushing, They got one leg over the back, or maybe both legs over the back pushing. They got they might have their butt on the wagon, but they push you with both legs, they back facing your back, maybe some of them facing you when one of them got left leg hanging over trying to push. And you hope that all them people on the wagon you pulling is back there at least trying to help the wagon get to the top of the hill. Here go your problem. Though everybody ain't pushing, Everybody ain't pulling. Ain't everybody ain't pulling, Everybody ain't kicking rocks out the way. You got some people on your wagon that's just laying on the wagon, drinking lemonade, looking at you, talking about how long it's taking you to get your wagon up to the top looking at you, talking about why this wagon so slow. Then when you start picking up picking up speed, they want you to pull harder, you to pull faster, you to pull more. Then they want you to throw what you then earned on the way up the hill backed on the wagon so they can have MO. But guess what, they ain't helping you get more. But they got a sense of entitlement that since you got MO, they should have MO. Everybody come with you can't go with you. Sometimes you gotta kick the people off the wagon that ain't pushing and pull it and say, hey man, I'm sorry. I thought I could do this with you, and I thought you was going with me. But it's clear to me you ain't nothing but dead weight, and it ain't my responsibility to carry dead weight anymore. I have carried you as long as I have to carry you. You are no longer my responsibility. I'm responsible for my family, my wife, my children. I'm not responsible for you. You got to get off my wagon because I'm a man on rope. I'm on a mission. Baby, I'm pulling.
Speaker 7: You're listening. Shoot Steve Hardy.
Speaker 9: Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Ladies and gentlemen, boys, girls, monkey vest makers, if you make vest for monkeys, specifically, if you are the people that's in charge of putting together the program on Easter Sunday, Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to welcome all of you to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Also one other person. I'd like to announce everyone who has stolen Forrell's aesthetic this year. I want to welcome you to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. I won't to bring out all the fake cowboys out there. Ladies and jentlemen said, it's a Steve Harvey Morning Show. Welcome to the ride. John Shirley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica, who is not on Zoom this morning, Junior and the legend that he is nephew Tommy.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, everybody.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well it goes without saying today, what is it that's on your mind? Uncle?
Speaker 10: I went to the doctor yesterday, unc and uh, yes, time I gotta get that the price state checked. They just told me yesterday's time. We're gonna see me in the nervous and you might have other little teary.
Speaker 8: Well listen to me, uh if you had the exam yet? No, okay, well just let me tell you one thing. Just read your teeth and try to smile and relax. That's gonna be the hardest relax you've ever had. But you're gonna hear some things being said to you. M hm, please relax, unclitch, I'm gonna hear that. You're gonna hear that loud relax, sir, sir. So we're not gonna be able to do this, sir, sir, I'm asking you, Okay, listen, Okay, I'm gonna step back, take a couple of deep breaths. Yeah, let me know when you're ready, relax and smile on three Wow, okay, sir, sir, sir, you're gonna have to sir, you gonna have my hand back.
Speaker 3: And that's when you finally made the appointment, because how many times did you cancel before?
Speaker 7: You all saw that?
Speaker 8: Full time? Full time? I just couldn't do it. Then when I got in there, boy he understood why. He said, you know, mister Harvey, this is gonna have to happen. Yeah, okay, go ahead, man, sir. Weird moment right now, Man, that's a weird moment. So, junior, what are your concerns?
Speaker 10: Well that that part right now, what part you're gonna have to, cause I don't know if I can relax. I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 8: You gonna catch you off. God, they got a little tricks. Just you just need a moment of relaxation.
Speaker 7: Okay, staying cancer awareness, get you get him? Yeah, that's the moral of the story, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, coming up thirty two minutes after the our, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back.
Speaker 7: Right after this.
Speaker 6: You get in that car. You have to gather yourself.
Speaker 9: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 3: It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for us, nep.
Speaker 6: Well, Shirley, I don't know if y'all have y'all's I definitely have mind. Freedom papers got to have you? What Freedom paper? What?
Speaker 8: What's wrong? Get called out there?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, let Trump get back in there.
Speaker 8: Here we go, Freedom Papers.
Speaker 11: Hello.
Speaker 12: Hello, I'm trying to reach a Domingo.
Speaker 11: Yeah, speaking Hi Dimingo.
Speaker 12: My name is Scott. I'm calling from fp I wanted to give you a call about actually uh using our services. If I think you'll actually like it, The FBI would definitely like to get you on board. What is it FBI is Freedom Papers Incorporated. Freedom Papers Incorporated. What we do is we actually make sure you get freedom papers and you can purchase them from us. And what I can do is I can get you freedom papers for you and every individual at your home for roughly eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 11: Or under what a freedom freedom papers?
Speaker 12: Well, actually, what this is? I mean, are are you familiar with the like say, if you are an alien from another country and you need a you need a green card to be here, are you familiar with that?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 12: So what what goes on with Freedom Papers Incorporated is when you sign and get freedom papers from us. What it does is, uh, people who are African American, our papers let them know that you're actually a free person in this country.
Speaker 11: Hold, I've been treated.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, Ain't no slavery going on with you?
Speaker 11: Talking about I'm freeing?
Speaker 12: Well you may be, but you have to actually show paperwork for that.
Speaker 11: When they when did they started?
Speaker 13: Sir?
Speaker 12: This is all over the news. You have to have freedom papers. Within the next six months, every African American person is gonna have to have freedom papers and have them on.
Speaker 13: On the you know.
Speaker 12: Uh, it's such like keeping a driver's license or a checkbook or something. You're gonna have to have your freedom.
Speaker 11: Papers on you. That's some, there's some, that's some. I'm free. I'm not about to pay no money when I'm already free.
Speaker 12: Okay, but you're gonna be sure. You're gonna need paperwork to show your freedom and you don't. Do you have any freedom papers at this point right now?
Speaker 14: No, because I don't need freedom I'm free, sir.
Speaker 12: I don't think you quite understand. Do you understand that you could possibly if you're caught without your freedom papers, you could be taken into captive and actually have to work for so many years in order and then later on you might get your freedom. But right now, right here, if you buy freedom papers from me, I can I can fix it where you don't go through that you can actually get separated from your family.
Speaker 13: Sir.
Speaker 14: I'm not going by where they gonna send me to where they gonna deport me to Africa. I ain't never been there.
Speaker 12: No, No, you're not going to Africa. You could be actually here in the United States working on a particular farm with a lot of people who don't have their papers. If you haven't gotten this news, I do apologize, but within the next six months. You're going to need freedom papers anyway. Like I said before, I'm Scott with FBI.
Speaker 11: I heard no STI.
Speaker 12: Sirs, fpis freedom papers and.
Speaker 14: Corporate I'll give what it is.
Speaker 11: I'm not about to pay no money to.
Speaker 12: Be free, sir. You have to have paperwork on you to show that you are a free citizen of the United States.
Speaker 11: How you get my number anyway?
Speaker 8: Sir?
Speaker 12: We have a list of numbers of people that we don't think have their freedom papers, and your name actually popped up here in our database.
Speaker 11: So men, don't mind pop up on Okay, sir, I'm trying to give them a number, sir. We have a.
Speaker 12: Database here of people who we don't think have their freedom papers. Your name is actually here. After talking to you, it seems like you don't have your freedom papers and we want to make sure you get them. We're letting you know it's two hundred dollars per person to get these actual papers.
Speaker 14: So you're telling me you got database and you're just calling black people all around the pumps.
Speaker 12: No, sir, what we're doing is we're calling African Americans a let them them, letting them know that they can actually buy freedom papers from us, so they don't have to be if they're if they're if they ever get captured, then what can happen is is that they can show their papers and not have to deal with the problems that we already free.
Speaker 14: You're gonna have a whole bunch of runaway because we ain't paying. I'm not saying they.
Speaker 11: Might, but I'm not saying sure.
Speaker 12: You're gonna have to have your freedom papers on you at all times. That's gonna be the law within the next six months. So what I'm trying to add, and you sell you freedom papers, so you'll understand that you have everything that unique. You have your driver's license, you have your freedom papers, and whatever else that you carry on you you had. Let's be ask your.
Speaker 14: Mom called me on my phone this Sunday's wrong with you?
Speaker 11: Freedom papers? I ain't getting Who are you?
Speaker 12: I'm Scott, sir. I'm an associate here at FPI.
Speaker 14: I ain't heard about that SPI. You just want to check from me? Think I'm about sending some damn money, y'all. Kiss my sir, sir.
Speaker 12: I understand you, But what you gotta understand is within the next six months, you're gonna need these papers. Well, they're gonna have to catch my bying hands. Okay, sir, don't you don't you.
Speaker 13: Want to be free?
Speaker 11: I am free, for everybody's free.
Speaker 14: We got a black president.
Speaker 11: He's gonna have to get freedom papers. I buy it from you.
Speaker 12: Kiss my sir, You're gonna have to pay for these papers one way or the other. Okay, I'm trying to I gave you a call. I tried to be nice to you. I'm letting you know now you're gonna have to pay for your freedom.
Speaker 14: I'm not paying to sir.
Speaker 12: Everyone will be captured if they do not have freedom papers. You can you right now?
Speaker 13: Son?
Speaker 15: Catch me, sir.
Speaker 12: Sir, you're going to get captured when you least expected. Sir, You're going to get captured when.
Speaker 13: You least expected.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna be you Ton's the canteen. Y'all gonna have to catch me because I ain't pay.
Speaker 14: I didn't look up on the computer right now, I can't find scam trying.
Speaker 11: To get my money in.
Speaker 12: Are you on the computer?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Okay, Can I tell you one more thing? Can I can I get you to google something else? Put in put in N E P H E W all right, t O, M M y, what's something if you tell me? This is nephew Tommy man for the Steve Harvey Morning.
Speaker 13: Tell your wife.
Speaker 12: Marissa got me to frank phone called you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 12: God, no, y'all had me.
Speaker 14: About saying it's free already.
Speaker 11: I'd be you about to get.
Speaker 12: Play that love with you? All right, man, I gotta ask you one more thing though. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the lane, the Steve Harky Morning the Show and nest to count me food?
Speaker 7: All right, nephew, all right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Coming up next to is ask the CLO or Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey in the building.
Speaker 9: You're listening Morning show coming.
Speaker 3: Up at the top of the hour and entertainment news. Lizzo cleared the air about quitting Hollywood superstars Colon Domingo, LaVar Burton, Viola, Davison Moore pay tribute to the late great Louis Gossit Junior. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the CLO. This one's from Keisha in Southfield. He just says, my husband left the house headed to work. An hour later, his coworker called our house phone. I answered, and he said he meant to call my husband's cell phone. Why would his coworker be calling him if he was at work.
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 8: I don't know. He didn't see Yeah, he didn't see him at work. You stay ready, I'm sorry, you know. Okay, the co worker was late. He thought I was going to be late, and uh, he ain't seen me at work, and he called me to tell asked me to cover for him because he was gonna be late. See, he wasn't there.
Speaker 7: Stretch it out. I was at huh layers of girl.
Speaker 8: To ask me to cover for him because he wasn't at work. But I left house already. Oh okay, you know how you be panicking? He needed somebody to cover that store, I said, Man, I was already here. Why don't you answer your phone? I'm working, man.
Speaker 7: Actually that was a pretty good one, Steve.
Speaker 8: I'll give you that one.
Speaker 3: This is Pam in Tampa. Pam says, my husband wants to buy a fishing boat, but we need to do some home improvements first. He's dead set on the boat, so I've stopped sleeping with him. He told me that I'm being unreasonable. Is there a better way to get him to do what's right?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no no, you're looking for a better way to get him to do what you want him to do. I'm thinking that the fishing boat isn't the right thing to do. Get this, because I'm a fisherman. Now. This man going to work every day turning turning it out, he been a good father, a good husband, been providing for that family. Man just want a damn fishing boat.
Speaker 7: And she just the home.
Speaker 8: Well, okay, so we can still get the improvements in home. Why don't you let the man get the boat though?
Speaker 7: Well, why can't she get her improvements in the.
Speaker 8: Home because she don't want a boat.
Speaker 7: She wants her out.
Speaker 8: Okay, but the man want a boat. The man can't get a boat, so.
Speaker 7: They're just at an mpass.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 6: Don't really not find out, don't get the boat and find that way.
Speaker 7: Well, he's already found out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why he's writing. But somebody won't that we want the boat. Okay, okay, but let me ask you something. But she wrote the letter right temp, Okay, how do I get him to do what's right? Now? How do you get him do what you want to do. Now you've pulled to stop sleeping within him thing what they got to do with the boat? Thank you. She wants what she wants and he won't what he wants. So now if you're not gonna get if the man don't give you the house improvements, you you don't give him. So now he don't get the boat or no sex. It's crazy that that, really, ladies, come on now over over a Boat's all you had to do.
Speaker 7: Throw a little paint on the wall. So happy wife, happy that man.
Speaker 8: If you got that man that boat, that man, paint that kitchen, get them cabinets in there, and all like that. Women sometimes don't understand men don't that they don't ask for a lot. All this man want is a boat. He ain't went in that asking for no motorcycle. Last month he ain't going there and asked for you know, a cigar, lounges and a month for all this man want a boat. I bet, I bet she got a whole lot of stuff. She won't she she done got all the stuff. She won't. Now she on to the home and be quiet, surely, be quiet, be quiet, surely she want a purse. She got them purses, she got them shoes, she got all that. Then now she want the house fixed up. She didn't put that stuff off to get the house fixed up. I promise you she didn't. And he made a way for that to happen. Then the man just want a boat, a damn boat.
Speaker 7: Not right now. She wants the new kitchen, right, new bathroom.
Speaker 8: This kitchen steal work. We're still cooking in him.
Speaker 7: It's ugly, it's old. She wants improvement.
Speaker 8: Stop looking at it like that. And I asked about these a classes and we need.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: Moving on to Fallon and Louisville.
Speaker 3: Fallon says, my boyfriend and I hang out all the time, and my two single friends join us sometimes, and they expect my man to pay for their food and drinks. I stopped him from paying the entire bill last night, and they got mad. Was I wrong to ask them to pay?
Speaker 8: No, you wasn't wrong. You your man's responsibility. He responsible for them other girls, thank you, not responsible. Sorry, And for them to get mad, They sitting up there with a sense of entitlement that your man is supposed to take care of them too. No, your man supposed to take care of you. No, they wrong for that, don't you all agree? Ladies?
Speaker 7: Oh like, well, we're out all y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all pay period and it depends on if they call me what you guy's joint.
Speaker 6: Period is not our responsibility, but you still do so.
Speaker 8: Do y'all. Don't get stuck out there one day? Keep on?
Speaker 6: Wow, gonna get stuck out there one day?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 7: Uh last one, Steve last week.
Speaker 3: Jonah and Biloxi says, uh I used my wife's car and her passenger seat was pushed back and in a reclining position. She told me her sister did it because the son was in her face. When I asked my sister in law about it, she was clueless. My wife is mad and said, I don't trust her. Why can't she just be honest and tell me who was in her car?
Speaker 8: What was she gonna tell you? Don't you think a woman is gonna tell you it was a man in the car? Would you tell her it was a woman in the car? I don't care if it's hell over there in that seat in the back of two ear rings over there, I don't.
Speaker 6: Know how thebacca two ear rings down.
Speaker 8: It can be blond hair in the back of two ear rings. Your damn sister would be in this story too. Why can't she be honest and tell me boys down?
Speaker 6: But we do know it was a dude over there right though. Reclining? Come on, women, don't recline like that. Let's see way back, Oh.
Speaker 7: Women reclined A yeah, we reclined.
Speaker 8: I picked up a lizard from the stove for my girlfriend. That's why I had to let that front seat back because the cage was too big.
Speaker 3: I would have said the car wash a lizard.
Speaker 8: I leaned it back because it was the monkey. And that with to Liz, I didn't want tomorrow to ask him no question about what all this world? Will you see? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Going up at the top of the hour, we'll have this entertainment news for you right after this you're listening morning show. Well, according to The Daily News, Lizzo cleared up her recent comments about quitting, telling her fans in an Instagram video on Tuesday that she's still going to make music, but is simply going to quit quote giving any negative energy attention. The comments followed a cryptic Instagram post on Friday in which she stated she was getting tired of putting up with being dragged by everyone in my life and on the internet, finishing in.
Speaker 7: All caps, I quipped.
Speaker 3: In Tuesday's video, Lizzo stood up in front of the camera and an eye call blue bathing suit, explaining quote, what I'm not going to quit is the joy of my life, which is making music and connecting to people. Lizzo then followed up the video with a post appearing to promote a new swim and clothing line called Yiddy.
Speaker 9: Okay, oh well that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yity, why I t t why oh but.
Speaker 8: I ain't close to easy on them slavery. That's so go hope it's something different.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad Lizzo was not quitting because you were. I was thinking that the bullying and the pressure and all that.
Speaker 8: Man, I wish I would quit because y'all have just said something about me. Manha missed me yong man, I was for what. No, everybody out there that's getting hated on, just understand what haters do. They hate going about your business. They don't change nothing less you let them. Always remember what Martin Luther King said, A man can't ride you back unless you bend over. I'm not bending over home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I mean she's human.
Speaker 3: I'm sure those comments are hurtful, you know, and she probably wants to quit.
Speaker 7: But don't let them do it to you. Don't let them make I got.
Speaker 8: A comment for you, though, You won't to talk about hurt mm hmm.
Speaker 16: What you go through it too? Yeah, right, you go through it too all the time.
Speaker 8: You're human, hating on you, lying on you, man, but you keep going.
Speaker 7: The point is not to quit, because that is all haters.
Speaker 8: You'll never have a hater that's doing better than you. That's why they're hating. Hmm. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Why Yeah, And congratulations on your clothing line, Lizzo, keep going, Lizzo swimming swimming line, clothing line.
Speaker 7: Yeah. People out here love you girl.
Speaker 3: She has some issues going on, lawsuits and stuff. She has to go through that.
Speaker 7: It's a lot burned out.
Speaker 8: What happened when I had to grow into my insult. Look a little Stevie, Steve got a big, little big no. I know that.
Speaker 16: He's going all the back to I know that.
Speaker 7: And one of these days, if you keep on, you're gonna be somebody.
Speaker 8: I had a big, lipping, big nose. My head was the size of a grapefruit, and my nose and lips was the exact same size they is right now. They are growing. That's about five about five year run. I ain't think I was gonna make it.
Speaker 7: I understand.
Speaker 2: It's like me.
Speaker 7: I finally grew and I get it.
Speaker 17: I have.
Speaker 8: She's a grown woman.
Speaker 2: You grew.
Speaker 3: I've grown into them. I have, just like you, into your nose and lips. Okay, y'all.
Speaker 8: Ever notice you don't never see Shelly with sunglasses on.
Speaker 2: Yes you do.
Speaker 6: She rocks.
Speaker 8: Sun glasses. Will my son? She gave him my head because she tried to get him down on her eyes. How blocker.
Speaker 7: Stand you.
Speaker 8: Look over your glasses no matter what.
Speaker 3: Huh, that's fired. I've grown into them my eyes. Uh wow, we gotta switch gears here and other entertainment news. After hearing the news about the recent passing of eighty seven year old legend Oscar winning actor Lewis Gossit Junior, many in Hollywood took to social media to share heartfelt words about the legendary actor.
Speaker 7: Praising his work and mark in the industry.
Speaker 3: Domingo, who starred with Gossip and he played Gossip's character's son in the color Purple recently shared a picture that he captured of his dad, writing quote kind beyond measure.
Speaker 7: Regal, we owe him so much.
Speaker 3: LeVar Burton remembered his Roots co star as one of the best to ever do it while sharing a picture of them on set. Viola Davis remembered Lewis Gossip Jr. And she said, you were a lion, you were a king. Your work will forever be seared in my brain and in my heart. So, Steve, you've met the late great Lewis Gossip Jr.
Speaker 8: Before, Right, Yeah, he just came up. Last time we talked was last year. He came up to family feud. Really, he's been a long time talking out in the park a lot.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 8: I mean everything that everybody is saying about him is just true, Yes, just a legend.
Speaker 3: Yes, and in our deepest condolences of course, go out to his family.
Speaker 8: I do you just I mean, you know he was on another level.
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, classic, that's what he won the Oscar for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he go back and raising in the sun. Now you go all the way back down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tommy, you're a huge fan.
Speaker 8: Huh oh, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a king. Yep, he will be missed. I loved when you see him.
Speaker 6: Cortier and Ruby di oons the screen at the same time.
Speaker 8: That is breakness man history, that is history.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, we do a lot to him.
Speaker 7: Rip Lewis cusst Junior.
Speaker 3: And we'll have more of a Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Well, the big matchup between LSU and IOWA was the most watched women's college game ever with twelve point three million viewers.
Speaker 7: Twelve point three wow.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: However, before the game, LSU's Angel Reese talked about being labeled as a villain. She has dealt with racism, attack, She's been sexualized and even received death threats. The media and the public have casted her as a villain and it's very hurtful, she says. If people think she and Caitlyn Clark hate each other because of the trash talking and the big rivalry between the two schools. Even Angel's teammates have come to her defense. After elis u's big loss, Angel said she whispered to Caitlin, go win that thing.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know the media, man, they try to do anything.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 8: The girl just she's a basketball player and a competitor, and that's what competitors do. They talk trash. It's ball.
Speaker 6: The trash talking started with the other girl. It started with her, with Katelyn, with the other girls. I started with, yes, when they do it is different. When she did it back to her, then it just it just it got bigger after that.
Speaker 7: And trash talking is in every sport.
Speaker 3: You see men do what they pointed, They watches, they you know, they in each other's face, and it is it.
Speaker 8: When you light the wick, you can't control the explosion. Now hmmm. So now if you don't want the explosion, don't light the wick. You know, because it it, It often comes. It happens to all of us. You know why you said like that? But hold up, hold on, oh forget what you said. See you already know. I'm extra already know that. So when you light the wick, you can't control the explosion. Don't start that with me. And then when they go to the level, I see the level I start on is up there. I don't care what flow you got on, the got on the elevator on I start on ten. So no want what you want? Yeah, and I get that happens all the time in my life. I understand what this girl is at. But you know, if I was her, I don't know. I would just I probably go to the NBA so I can cut out all this chatter. Y'all got going because n double as the n C double A is, it's chatter. Is that uh huh. At least you're gonna talk about me. Let me go and get this check.
Speaker 3: And she's making a lot of money and endorsement making a lot of money right now.
Speaker 8: Money, yeah, and all that.
Speaker 16: But I hear what you're saying to but you know what don't and the way that w n B A pay you might as well stay in college and check.
Speaker 8: And get that money and see if you can get your deal extended.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: I'm just tired of how they do an angel. We love you Angel rees, Yes, do we falling girl?
Speaker 8: Yes? Yep?
Speaker 3: All right, coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, we're going to check your voicemail Steve at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve.
Speaker 7: Right after this, you're.
Speaker 9: Listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 3: It is time now to check Steve's voicemails, and if you would like to leave a message for Steve, call him eight seven seven twenty nine.
Speaker 7: Steve, you just might hear your voicemail on the air.
Speaker 8: Ready, Steve, I've been Ready, Shirley, here we go.
Speaker 3: The other day, one of our asked the Colo questions was from a mother slash wife who was upset with her husband because he continues to spoil their adult daughter.
Speaker 7: I think you remember that one well.
Speaker 3: A woman named Anita left a message about needing advice regarding her girl dad situation.
Speaker 18: Hi, my name is Anita, and I would just listening to your show on iHeartRadio and we talked about girls and how you didn't have it and for the lady because the dad kept taking care of the thirty two year old daughter and the mom feels like she's taking advantage. Why see the little advice in my situation? My daughter's nineteen freshman in college. Great students, go to church, no boyfriend? Oh nah, you don't parties?
Speaker 9: You don't you know?
Speaker 18: She just church in school and when she turned eighteen or daddy cut her off. We've been divorced since two thousand and eight, and it's hard for me sometimes, you know, getting there what she wanted me. I really don't want her to have to go to work. I wanted to focus on her studies, especially being a freshman in college. But just what do you think about that? I mean, daddy gave her everything she wanted as soon as she turned eighteen, cut her off. Just want to know your thoughts on that. Thanks, have a great day, enjoy your show, Love you kind of Shirley Junior, Tommy, thank you, Steve Well.
Speaker 8: It'd be nice if you could treat your kids like child support. You know, it would be nice if if they turned eighteen then had to pay no more. But in reality, that's not the reality of the situation. Parenting extends way beyond eighteen. It just does. I mean, if you love your child, this is not a business transaction. This is not you eighteen, you're on your own. Nays that's great to say that, but is that really the best thing to do? And I think each case is individual, but I'm not gonna have my nineteen year old daughter in need of something and I don't get it for now. I know you can probably say, well, that's going to enable her in all like this, but it also keeps her out of that trap of the boys, because as soon as a boy find out you need something, oh he got it for you. But it ain't free. And you know, I just try to try to keep mine out of that situation, you know. And so this dude just cut off cold at eighteen. But she went to school and she's a freshman in college. If you really in college studying, really studying, it's hard to have a job too. Yeah, yeah, you know it wasn't for me. I had a job the whole time I was in school. But that's why I ain't got no college degree either. Not cut my baby girl on. You know, I'm not doing that, man, I'm not cutting that door off now. I didn't got to cut them boys off either, really, man. So you know, parenting is not a one to eighteen. That's child support though, And once you're a real parent, child support is not the cut off mark, trust me, it's not. Anybody that's a parent will tell you that.
Speaker 7: I hope he's listening.
Speaker 8: Oh no, yeah, now that she say they divorced. See, so now it's child support. I ain't got to pay child support no more. Well, this is your daughter, partner, We're not talking about child support.
Speaker 6: Anymore and we're talking about Yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: Steve, here's a loyal listener that just wanted to leave a message.
Speaker 17: Good morning, everybody, Good morning, Steve. Just wanted to say thank you guys for what you do. I listen to you almost every single morning. I got a lot going on in my life right now, so you guys are making me smile through a lot of my pain.
Speaker 19: I appreciate you listening to your closing remarks every day. It seems like every day you have something to say. It's based on what I'm going through or what can help me. And I just wanted to say thank you, y'all, stay blessed.
Speaker 8: Well. I try to do close remarks. I don't always have them for that day, but I try. And if I don't have them that day, then I just talk to Junior about something. Yeah, I don't wanna give you a gift, Junior for helping me out too. You'll give my hat. I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna get him his first head bad.
Speaker 13: You know what?
Speaker 3: A thanks brawler callers, keep them coming eight seven nineteen. Coming up next, it is a nephew and today's prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening Hardy Morning Show. Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is this is not the blended family that I expected. But right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call. We'll find out what that strawberry letter is all about in.
Speaker 7: Just a few What you got neft?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, surely a lot of men, you know, go through this type of issue, but they don't really get to express themselves about it. But Tommy, can you know, and I'm just gonna put it all out on the line. This right here is I'm dreaming of your wife at what you know, a lot of people don't get express the kind of dreams they have. You know, sometimes you gotta you gotta let it out, man, he's going and say it. Sometimes you got the call the person and let them know. Man, I'm just I'll be dreaming about your wife. Man, it happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, husband, you know, sometimes you got get stuff off your chest. Man, I just be dreaming about your wife. Man, all kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just want to let you know of what's going on with me. But yeah, hey, you know it's happening with I'm dreaming about your wife. Man, let's let's talk about it.
Speaker 8: Me and you. Let's go cat down.
Speaker 13: Hello, I'm trying to reach Winston.
Speaker 12: That'steron.
Speaker 13: Hey once. How you doing man? This is Kevin Man. I actually, uh, I work with your wife Renee. We met a couple of times man at uh at the job. I think you might have been taking a lunch or something. I work like on the floor above.
Speaker 12: Hey, what's up, dude?
Speaker 13: Are you doing today? Man? I'm doing good? Man?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 13: What's up? Yeah? Yeah, I wanted to reach out to you, man, and I had some personal I wanted to holler at you about you know, personal Yeah.
Speaker 11: What personal?
Speaker 13: Like what?
Speaker 11: Dude? Well, who is it?
Speaker 13: My name is Kevin? Uh? Like I say, uh, I work. I work on the on the seventh floor. Your wife is on the sixth. But you know we met a couple of times.
Speaker 15: Right, Yeah, I know you said that, but I'm trying to picture your face.
Speaker 12: What's up though?
Speaker 13: Dog me?
Speaker 12: What's up?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Uh? How's you and Renee's relationship going? Man? What how's y'all's relationship going?
Speaker 12: What they got to do? What you do?
Speaker 13: I mean, I mean y'all. Y'all. I mean, I'm just y'all been getting along.
Speaker 12: And they need me me and Rene? Fine, but what they got?
Speaker 13: What? Hold on?
Speaker 12: Hold on on?
Speaker 15: You say you want to talk to me about some person?
Speaker 12: You got some person by my wife?
Speaker 13: Well some person. I'm like, what what I wanted to tell you, man? Is that for some reason? Man, I've been having uh off and on man every other day, I've been having the these dreams at.
Speaker 12: Night, please dreams Like what dude?
Speaker 13: Well, every one of these dreams man, renee being them?
Speaker 12: Really so?
Speaker 15: So you you work with my wife right and you call them my phone telling me you haven't dreamed about my wife? Well, just you know why you dream about my wife?
Speaker 13: Well it's you know, don't want about way.
Speaker 12: You don work right now?
Speaker 13: No, I'm not at work right now, but but.
Speaker 12: Not not know but nothing.
Speaker 15: Let me tell you something to be calling me talking about you can.
Speaker 12: Have a dream about my wife? What's going on with my wife? What's your name?
Speaker 15: Kevin?
Speaker 12: I tell you what.
Speaker 15: I'm on my way up there right to hell now.
Speaker 13: No, man, I'm not at the job. I'm not where you at.
Speaker 14: Where you at?
Speaker 15: That's let's let that get up the tale. Why don't you want let's have face to faith.
Speaker 13: You learned nothing?
Speaker 12: You give my number? Why you give my number? Answer my question?
Speaker 13: I asked. I asked one of the guys at the job for your number, man, doctor, You know, I wanted to be man the man and just talk to you.
Speaker 15: You know, so y'all sitting there and have a conversation about my wife on the job.
Speaker 12: Okay, you know what it is? Our good?
Speaker 15: Uh uh?
Speaker 12: This show number on my call id right now. I'm let me call you right back.
Speaker 13: No no, no, no, hold on, hold on but.
Speaker 15: Not nothing, hold up? You calling my cot you the dreams about.
Speaker 13: Well, man, I'm just I'm just trying to be real with you, and that's what I wanted to see.
Speaker 15: Hey, y'all, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna be real with you too. I'm gonna come, but I want to.
Speaker 13: I want to see how y'all relationship is going.
Speaker 15: Man, Man, if you say what you gotta say, do okay?
Speaker 13: Well, because see, dog, if these dreams keep happening, it must be faith. Man, it must be just me and Hug are meant for each other. Down.
Speaker 15: I don't know, I don't know what you smoke I don't know who the hell you are, but I promise you this. When I get off my job today, I'm coming to woo yours. And if I found out that, you know what, if they're calling my house and hanging up, she ain't got nothing that I can tell you.
Speaker 8: What don't they work?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 13: Well look look look let me hear man?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 13: Why is she in all my dreams? Man? Why is she there?
Speaker 15: No? You dream about my white fuck?
Speaker 2: Why because you look for us?
Speaker 15: For my wife?
Speaker 2: What gonna do?
Speaker 15: Is you? Man?
Speaker 12: Now he's not doing that?
Speaker 15: Tell yesterday looking into wife every day?
Speaker 12: What kind of work you do?
Speaker 13: Rush?
Speaker 11: You talking me?
Speaker 15: You want to go on the floor apart five? Is that why she can't need me for lunch?
Speaker 13: No? No, no, I'm in the accounting department. Man, No, I don't know what you were.
Speaker 15: You finna be in this po apartment that it's about five more minutes.
Speaker 13: Man, don't you understand that it's got to be fake? If she keeps showing up? You know?
Speaker 15: And you know what does hold on?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 12: Then? His name?
Speaker 13: Dude?
Speaker 12: I got your number? You say you work on the seventh floor or the second floor?
Speaker 15: Before you work on.
Speaker 13: I work on the seventh floors. That ain't what you want.
Speaker 12: You ain't got something to do it? What's your man's name?
Speaker 13: My last name? Well? Why is she showing up in my dream? Why is she kissing me in my dreams? Man?
Speaker 15: I don't let let me tell you something. I don't know what the hell kind of dreams your is? Handen, But when I beat you, you gonna swear to God you're gonna.
Speaker 12: Head with him. Mother Luther King dreams.
Speaker 15: You understand me.
Speaker 12: When I get to your job tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Morning, I don't give it. Who's your called?
Speaker 12: Let's believe it be outside waiting for you?
Speaker 13: Okay? Why making love to me? Man? In these dreams? It's just passionate man. Renee love me and I love her? Man.
Speaker 15: Listen, I'm calling my wife's name, calling my wife's name.
Speaker 13: What what what you want me to call?
Speaker 18: You?
Speaker 12: Do you know me? You say you know me?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 15: So you know why I am right?
Speaker 13: I missed you a couple of times. Man, if you know what I'm calling Renee?
Speaker 15: When I get off there with you gave you my number. I don't give you my number.
Speaker 13: You so violent. I don't even want to tell you the dude.
Speaker 15: That gave me the man to tell me that you wanting a dreams sleeping and kissing on my wife?
Speaker 12: Tell me they gave me why enough?
Speaker 13: Why why is your wife kissing me back? Well?
Speaker 15: Why you kissing me?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 15: Dream about my wife?
Speaker 12: And I'm finna call her.
Speaker 15: She would to get off the start with you for need that you have anything else you want to say to them?
Speaker 13: Okay, so so so what I'm supposed to do when I'm sleep and she show up? I'm supposed to just a wake up?
Speaker 12: I don't give them what you doing?
Speaker 13: You to say?
Speaker 15: If all I care, I'm gonna call you a three way with Renee. I want you to tell me that with all the.
Speaker 13: Phone man, I don't even want to go through. I thought we could call and talk reasonable life, like me and dog.
Speaker 15: If we're gonna talking about now, why come come see me the face to face right now. You coming down the phone.
Speaker 12: Come see me right now?
Speaker 15: Come see me right to hell? Now where you at?
Speaker 12: I come see you?
Speaker 15: You ain't got away show gad man, Come see me.
Speaker 13: I don't want to do up. Man. I'm finna take some sleeping pills so I can get back to my dream.
Speaker 12: You're gonna take this book.
Speaker 15: This is what you're about to take that I got, I got everything I need to know. I will be on the seventh floor to my way for you.
Speaker 12: I got a special delivery for you. Do you understand me?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 13: Let me call her first? Bother? Hey, I'll call Renee because me.
Speaker 12: Don't you call me?
Speaker 15: How to hear you get a nothing? Anyway?
Speaker 12: How you getting my wife number?
Speaker 13: Renee? Call me? Man?
Speaker 15: She tells you, oh, hold hold on. My wife calls you, so you don't tell you?
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, well but let me say this though to you. Let me say this to you. Wants to your wife called me and she wanted me to call you.
Speaker 15: Oh my, oh my wife told you to call me right, come right, okay, but.
Speaker 13: But but but listen to me once for what?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 12: My wife don't call No, she wanted me to call.
Speaker 13: You, nephew Tommy from the Steve Harbin morning and show.
Speaker 12: Y'all wrong for that.
Speaker 15: Y'all wrong for that doll? You know now you're wrong for that? Dog he tells you something to go to job. Need the hell out of whoever came me.
Speaker 12: I'm hot as hell.
Speaker 15: Dog you you come, man, you're over there, dude, you're wrong.
Speaker 12: You know you wrote you wrong? Man?
Speaker 13: Hey, man, I got one more thing. As she wins to What's the baddest that? I mean, the baddest radio show in the last.
Speaker 15: You already know what the business is man, the Seve Harty Morning the show player.
Speaker 8: I do worry from the Yeah, what's the z roll to ten in points sid. He wasn't getting madder. He was the same little man, way too much to me, Like what you say?
Speaker 6: Okay okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: All right, then that's how we're doing. Your wife called me, dude right here?
Speaker 2: What am I supposed to do? I'm gonna take some sleeping.
Speaker 8: Get on my dream. I gotta get back to her, man ignorance. I amen, Amen, But how is y'all's relationship? Yeah, I said.
Speaker 6: April fool Friday, April fifth, Baby Friday, April fifth, The Nephew will be at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. That is the April Fool's Comedy Jawn. It is star studying. Tickets on sale right now, get them get them out.
Speaker 8: Of getting is good? You all taking master outlets? Yip?
Speaker 3: All right, nephew, thank you coming up? Next Strawberry Letter. The subject is this is not the blended family that I expected. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It's time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 7: We'll try to help you if we can. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now.
Speaker 9: You never know.
Speaker 7: It could be yours.
Speaker 8: It could be yours. It could be yours muchael up and hold on tight. But got it boy? You here it is.
Speaker 3: Yes it can, Yes it can. Thank you, nephew, Thank you nephew. Subject this is not the blended family that I expected. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm a forty seven year old married man and this is my second marriage. I have a twenty one year old daughter from my first marriage, and my wife has a twelve year old and an eight year old.
Speaker 7: We're living in a house.
Speaker 3: We're living in my house, which is four bedrooms and three bathrooms, and it's busting at the seams. My daughter just moved in and she has a one year old son. My wife's children split time between our house and their father's house. I wish they could go live with him full time, but my wife wants them to live with her, which is understandable. I think they should be with their dad. Here's why my wife's mother has just moved in with us. She's staying in the den that's next door to our bedroom, so that has shut down our sex life. She's supposed to be waiting for an apartment and a senior living complex, but it looks like she's getting settled in here. My wife bought her a dresser and a chair for our den so she can be comfortable. Some of the grown people need to move, starting with my daughter and her child. I'm only telling you guys this because I don't know how to handle the process of elimination. I would pay for my daughter to move, but she needs help with the baby, and I'd have to pay for that too. My mother in law is rearranging my kitchen and being a busy body. I was being intimate with my wife and my mother in law tapped on the wall and we felt like school kids that got in trouble for making out. It's too too much going on in my house. This is not the type of blended family that I expected. My house is almost paid for, so I'm not moving. How do I get rid of these extra people in my house?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 7: Okay, this is a mess.
Speaker 3: But I got to ask you if you and your wife talked before any of this stuff happened, because you seem surprised at what's going on in your own house. If you and your wife on it on the same page, you know this marriage is not going to work. And the one thing you cannot be is uncomfortable in your own home, and you are that. You have to find out about the senior apartment. Your mother in law is waiting on talk to your wife about it. Why is this taking so long? Then you're gonna know for sure if she's trying to stay in your house permanently or if she's really trying to move. It sounds like she's trying to stay all right, that's what it sounds like. She can take the dresser in the chair that your wife got for her, she can take that to her new place. Secondly, is your daughter in school?
Speaker 7: Is she working?
Speaker 3: If not, you got to talk to her about her future and her next move. That's something you should also be talking to your ex wife about because it's her child too, And maybe she can help with the grandson since that's a major problem. And if you can afford to get your daughter and your grandson and an apartment, like you say, then tell her you can help her. But you guys have to have some sort of plan here. You are the men of this house. You need peace in your house. You and your new wife can call a family meeting after you've talked, to discuss how.
Speaker 7: Things will go moving forward.
Speaker 3: Now, these two step kids, they're going to be coming over every two weeks and that's not going to change even though you say you want them to live with your father. You knew she had kids when you married her, so you might as well just lean on into that. But this other stuff, you're just going to have to start picking it away, one by one, step by step.
Speaker 8: Steve, this is not what a blended family is though. Now the dude that wrote the letter, I'm on your side, just want you to be clear about that. I understand the dilemma that you have a blended family. I thought should be if a man and a woman, get married, and each one of them have kids. That's a blended family.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 8: What has happened here is your grown daughter has a child who has moved back into your house, and then her mother has moved into your house. Now this was your house originally, bro, and you had a faux bedroom house with three baths, and it's busting at the seams. Well, because you got two people in there that ain't supposed to be in there. You got your grandchild that's in there, your daughter that's in there who came back home, but she twenty one, and then her mama is there. Now you done had to give up your den, which is well probably why you watch TV. You done had to put a dress in there in a chair. Ain't no bathroom in the den. So now you got this old woman got to cut through the house somewhere to go to the bathroom. The den is next to your bedroom. And when y'all in there getting it on, she can't take it. She knocking on the wall. He hey, but now you in your house, so I'm on your side. The only solution you have for this is, and this is really a simple letter, you and your wife gonna have to come to the conclusion. Now, you can't get rid of these two boys that she had because you knew that when you married her. You can't wish they would go live with their daddy because the mama not giving up her children. She can said that. So that's what a blended family is. Your problem is your twenty one year old daughter you done brought back in the house with her child. Now, she got a room in one of the bathrooms. Them two boys, they got to have their bathroom by theyself because you don't want in that bathroom now with them two boys in there. Then you and your wife got a bathroom. So now that means that the mama is sharing the bathroom with somebody, either in boys or that girl with that baby. They won't they won't hug on grandma.
Speaker 3: Yes, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour of today's Strawberry letter. Subject this is not the blended family I expected. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening to morning show, all right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter.
Speaker 7: The subject is, this is not the blended family I expect it.
Speaker 8: No, this is not a blended family. A blended family is when you marry a woman that has children, and you have children and you all live together and you try to blend in the family. That's a traditional blead blended family. You have that except your child and move back into the house. She twenty one with a baby. So now as you'll a grown daughter and a grandbaby that's living there, and you got the woman, your wife's two biological children living there, and her mameter moved in and she's staying in the den. She't a bought her dresser and a chair so she could be more comfortable. Guesse. You got tired of walking past the den looking at her sitting on the edge of the bed like she in prison. That's an ugly ass sight. Every time you walk past the den, you're looking in there, your mother in law sitting up in there like she in prison. The ain't nowhere to sit in prison but them beds. There's no living room, so she in jail and she back is starting to curve a little bit, so you know, or you be hunched over all the time, hard to sit up straight, hard hair, good pasture on a bed. So that's what your problem is, though, So you don't have the traditional blended family you have at your house. It's called the family reunion. That's what you have, y'all at Pearl's house for three days and making pallettes on the floor. Brother, you forty seven, You got a folk bedroom house with three bathrooms in it, and it's completely overrun. I don't have nothing for you except this. You say you can't put your daughter out because she need help moving. If you give her help, movie, she's gonna need help with the baby. You're stuck here. Who got to go? The old inmate sitting up in in the den, she got to go? Yeah, she got to go. She knocking on the wall your house. Hey, what y'all doing in there?
Speaker 7: Rearranging the kitchen?
Speaker 8: She and not doing the most. She take all the big ass house coaching in moomoo dresses, and she need to get on down there to that assistant living place. You need to call down there and pay the extra money, get her times, get her spot moved up. She needs to be down there with Pearl and Joe, Deine, Oscar.
Speaker 7: Fellows and Gerald there.
Speaker 8: Claw that. She needed to get down there with people with them names. So ms Betty got to go that's the show.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna ask you her name.
Speaker 8: And so that's really your only solution. Any questions on this lady, any questions from me?
Speaker 7: Well, he said that he could afford Steve to take care of his daughter to get I.
Speaker 8: Would pay for peace. Bye, please get out. See I got money for peace.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, they're just gonna have to minute together.
Speaker 10: If she if it was you and somebody was knocking on your wall off, what would you say?
Speaker 8: Would you do? I come out of the bedroom and ask, excuse me, would you be clothed? I'm gonna come out there with the tie over my shoulder.
Speaker 3: Not around your waists, waiting and everything.
Speaker 8: What's the problem in the doorway? Not a okay? Hey, hey, what's happening.
Speaker 13: On the door?
Speaker 8: Hey, miss Jo what you need? You ain't want nothing? High you get on back in here? Shut the door, y'all too loud? Okay, down a little bit, Yeah we like it loud up in here. Cut your TV up?
Speaker 7: Can she give me another chair to match the one she bought me?
Speaker 8: I need to uh huh, you listen to me. You got TV in now. You can go from this bunkum this chair you can sit on that dresser. Put your foot up on the dresser. That as an autumn.
Speaker 10: Okay, wow, if you'll keep up all this knowing I'm gonna have to leave, that's what we're hoping for.
Speaker 13: Bye.
Speaker 7: I hope you don't mind to rearrange the kitchen the way I like it.
Speaker 8: You ain't gonna have to arrange no kitchen. I've already made arrangements down there, sunny Brook, Sunday Brook down there taken take you Friday and guess what. That chair and that dresser and that bunk, all that's yours. We already got you. We already got you pre we got you pre uh furnished. She set up missus j You got a cot dresser and a chair, and you can take that TV too. But I don't know anybody Potter pin toes and the skin of the corn bread canny down there with your bread. I'm gonna give you Mike away and already signed you on for Friday night, Bingo. It's Saturday night, Quilton. So you got some activities coming on and they gonna play pickleball on Tuesdays.
Speaker 7: Daddy, I want to go out with my friends. Can you watch the baby?
Speaker 8: I don't, I don't I don't babysit baby. You take take that baby on down to the club with you. Don't stand by this speaker.
Speaker 9: It's your grandson.
Speaker 8: Unless he smoked cigars and know how to barbecue, he ain't gonna be. He'll be helped.
Speaker 3: Poat your comments on today Strawberry Letter, It's Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook. Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on free iHeartRadio app free.
Speaker 7: Never sounded so good. You can download it today.
Speaker 3: Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, It's Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 7: It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 17: Junior.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, forgot listen. It keeps getting stuff keep happening. To LSU.
Speaker 10: The governor threat to take the scholarships after LSU women missed the anthem at the nc tournament the other day on Monday when they played Iouad. They want to take the scholarships because they missed the anthem, the national anthem.
Speaker 8: The governor year, Yeah, they missed you to come out last year for the national anthem. But they have a routine.
Speaker 7: Twelve minutes before the game starts on the clock, they go.
Speaker 10: Into the locker room. Kim Molki, the head coach, said it was not intentional. They didn't even know when the anthem was played. But take the scholarships of all the players on the team for LSU who gonna play.
Speaker 8: If you do that the alumni people controller and contributions to your campaign. That ain't gonna work out for you. Dog, that ain't gonna work out for you. You can rethink this. You can quit talking to the mother hill Billies and you can talk to these people as your supporter. Quit talking to them other hell billies. That's what I said. It's a billy mess right there. See, y'all always thinks somebody got to be out here for this flag waving. See, let me explain something to you about that flag. If that flag was representative of all people in this nation, you have a valid point. But that flag does not represent the treatment of everybody in the nation. So why are you singing the anthem and all that. Make sure the people you expect to respect the anthem are being a participant in the anthem, because that's not how a lot of people feel. I'm just gonna keep it one hundred with you.
Speaker 10: You see, you well, can you though her, Yeah, well this ain't Jeff Landry to Governor Jeff Landy.
Speaker 8: What so proudly we held year yeah the thing.
Speaker 10: And then also, everybody is not believing that Caitlyn Clark is the best player in college basketball right now. That's a courting to Rebecca Lobo, she said, hey, she may be the best offensive player we've ever seen, but she's not the greatest basketball player to ever play. She's not a goat because you got to win multiple championships. According to Rebecca Lobo, she said, what about Kandas Parker at Tennessee, what about Diane Torosseia? You come, Brionna Stewart. The maximum she can win is one championship, So therefore.
Speaker 8: She can't be the goat?
Speaker 10: Is that a fair statement in assessment?
Speaker 8: I think, well, she's the greatest scorer, you know, you got to give her that or don't make you the go ball. Now, you got to remember in college, man, what you're playing with this and she's a top flight college player. Now, well, when you go over to the WNBA, everybody can play. Everybody can shoot a whole lot of good shooters up there. They just know you the ball all damn time.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Coming up at the top of the hour, Steve, A woman needs some advice from social media. She says, I don't always find my husband attractive. Hmm, we'll talk about that right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 7: Alicia and Steve.
Speaker 3: HARBFM says, when I first met my husband, I wasn't attracted to.
Speaker 7: Him at all, but over time he grew on me and I fell in love.
Speaker 3: With him because he's charming, funny, successful, and incredibly kind. My friends didn't understand why I wanted to be with him, but I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Well, now we've been married a few years, and my physical attraction to him is never really caught up with my emotional attraction. Sometimes I think without that physical attraction we might not survive as a couple. So should I just try and get this thought out of my head? Do couples who aren't attracted to one another go on to have successful and loving marriages?
Speaker 7: Have I made a mistake?
Speaker 8: Well, look, you married as uglass. That's what you do? You said, I do, see that go off now and successful because see she'd have woke up to him, you know, she seen coming out the bathroom. She seen when he's sitting on the couch. You know, she seen him over there at the table food or talking with him. Mouth holden, you know, all of a sudden, you know, you're starting to see what he was.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 8: Your friends saw this early on. You ain't see it because he's charming and kind and you know you had been treated that well by man in a long time. Now that's a glass and now it's just starting to come on out. Now. See the thing about uglass people is you got to go and you got to keep adjusted. Oh no, it's just you're going if they look, if you meet a person, you're not attracted to him. What about when he just now he putting his best foot forward, y'all out on the date, he got it nice and clothes on him, being as good as he can, and you're not attracted to him. What about when he let his guard down, when he's sitting there with his mouth hanging over you know, when he ain't paying attention. You know, when he's sitting there with the bottom lip open and you can see that puddler spit between this, lipping his gun. You know, when he's trying to smile and that charming because I've been unattracted. J I'm surprised you don't know this. I don't even see how this, how this like this news to you.
Speaker 7: His wife loves him. He's attracted.
Speaker 8: Junior is charming. Junior is funny of her love. He's a protector. He making funny. Now she got up there. She looked at you. You know what I mean, look at it. Look okay, let's go for that. Okay, look at the way had the pictures you saw where his hairline was in the water. We ain't even getting married a year now. Already it's better now his hairline, head, head set high, you know, you know two years well eyes he acts like you know how I noticed ask Okay, I'm living the same life you living, don't you the lady in the question when you see real quiet? Who ain't said nothing?
Speaker 7: Oh he doesn't think he's unattracted.
Speaker 8: Glass that found out for.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 8: He be at the baseball game and then uh, you know, someone asked his little boy, Jordan's Jordan, he want to be for head full of hair? Got your daddy up there in there?
Speaker 7: He goes, Yeah, the baby.
Speaker 8: He's a capital. Yeah, I see I say what I want to say?
Speaker 2: What should she do?
Speaker 8: What should she do?
Speaker 7: The lady? What should she him?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 8: When you marry an ugly person? Man, Look, there's three husbands on this show. We can't hear you tell me what one of them is good looking? But go ahead, let him finish what he wanted to say. And then that's the sad part. Ugly ass dude, and he don't know it. Lord, you've got something on your hand, and he walking around, But you can tell Tommy not attractive. Look at the amount of money he got to spend to take care of his family. He don't build a big ass Chatau out there buying all the luxury ass cars. He making an ugly, ugly.
Speaker 2: Man move.
Speaker 3: Of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, This coming Monday, guys, April eighth, there will be a solar eclipse.
Speaker 7: A solar eclipse is.
Speaker 3: When the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun, completely obscuring the Sun from view. Those situated in the path of totality will see the Moon fully cover the Sun, the resulting shadow plunging the area into darkness during the day. The eclipse will start in Texas at around one thirty pm Central Time, and then follow a path that crosses Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and finally Maine. It'll hit Maine around three thirty pm Eastern Time. It's a rare astronomical phenomenon. It is not expected to happen again in the US until twenty forty five. It's important to remember when you when you want to view this eclipse. If you do it without glasses, you can burn your retinas and cause eye damage. NASA strongly advises using safe solar viewing glasses.
Speaker 8: They're selling it's people. It's hotel rooms getting booked up for this.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 7: People, people are selling the glasses all that. It's major.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you buy the right glasses now. Yeah. A lot of imitations going on out there. They got a fake glasses. Now you block. Yeah, Now you'd have looked up there. Now you came back, you can't see no more. You notice it. It ain't coming to Georgia this year. You've noticed that.
Speaker 9: I noticed?
Speaker 3: Yeahlahoma, Wow, all right? Coming up in thirty three minutes after, we'll play another round up.
Speaker 8: Would you rather even the Lord know that I'm not telling them in Atlanta's go get dark at one.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 7: It's time now for a round of would you rather?
Speaker 3: Would you rather live in a world without music or would you rather live in the world without movies?
Speaker 8: That's music or movie? I can't have. I got to have music. No, I don't need I got to have that movie.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 8: The movie ain't gonna have no music in it, but that's all right.
Speaker 7: I got to have, missus, Harvey, I.
Speaker 8: Can't live without music. Music. You're damn a boy. No movie, I ain't seen half from nowhere. You told Harpo to beat me.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, go to the movie.
Speaker 8: To be all right.
Speaker 3: Would you rather your mind stays young forever? Or would you rather your body stays young forever? Mind or body?
Speaker 10: Mine?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Mine? Yeah?
Speaker 17: Mine?
Speaker 8: Wrongly? Mind? I ain't young now, yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Ain't want your mind to get old. Dog, No, I want my mind to stay young. Well, maybe y'all not understanding how this's gonna work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're gonna go back No, no, no, you're gonna go back to that childhood mind, you're gonna tell your litt dumb ass back to when you was ten, and you're gonna have this grown body, but then you're gonna think like a ten year old. Make it. Oh no, no, no, no, no no, that's what I want you to understand. Your mind stay young or your body stay young.
Speaker 13: One.
Speaker 8: Do you prefer, sir? How you gonna see these?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 8: I act like a ten year old anyway, so you body, YadA, YadA, YadA. Yeah, matter of fact, I thought I'm pretty good when I was ten.
Speaker 3: Would you rather watch the sunrise or would you rather watch the sun set sunrise.
Speaker 8: In the same spot they both be in the sea. I'm I'm a sunrise, guys, sunrise sunrise.
Speaker 6: Heroes make the sun rise, all right, Heroes make.
Speaker 8: The moon shine bright at night?
Speaker 7: Bro moon Okay.
Speaker 3: Would you rather have another ten years with your partner or would you rather have a one night stand with your celebrity.
Speaker 7: Crush all day?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Kindly going through a lot anyways, recent news man, I'm gonna let your hand all that over there.
Speaker 7: Crew, It didn't happen.
Speaker 6: Just too much going on. I'm gonna stay here at the highse y'all. I'm good I'm good ten years with your partner.
Speaker 8: Come on, come on, how you're gonna be mad? Make another statement? Just go viral so fast? Oh even know why y'all I answer these kind of questions.
Speaker 7: It's just a game rather, all right, that's today's round.
Speaker 3: It would you rather coming up in forty nine minutes after it's our last break of the day, and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 7: All right, So Steve, before you.
Speaker 3: Get to the closing remarks, have you heard about this? South Carolina women's basketball head coach Don Staley received some backlash after she spoke on faith after the team's last win on Easter Sunday. Staley had a message for non believers after her team advanced to the NCAA Tournament's Final four. She says, if you don't believe in God, something's wrong with you. Seriously. She made the statement during an on court interview after the game, adding that God made her team's prayers come true. Some people took to social media to urge coach s Day to be more respectful towards the non really community, while others question whether it's appropriate to pray for a win. Still, others argued that Staley is abusing her position of authority at a secular institution when she promotes her faith.
Speaker 7: Coach.
Speaker 3: Staley responded to the backlash with a tweet. I am not ashamed to praise God for what he continues to do for me and mine.
Speaker 7: If you're a non believer, it wasn't for you. Wash She well with your beliefs.
Speaker 8: I agree with her one hundred percent. You know, we live in a society to date. It's a bit concerning to me how now they come after you for having a faith. The woman just said, if you don't believe in God, something wrong with you. Well, okay, that don't make sense to you. Well, of course it don't make sense to you if you're a non believer. But the fact that you would take the time to write in and say she needs to both be more respectful of the non faithful community or the non spiritual community. They ain't got. Look, man, y'all need to toughen up a little bit here. You can have your statements and make all the statements you want, but if somebody make a statement that's counted to yours, they not allowed to do that. That's not right. You can't shut a person's faith down. You know how many times I've heard a person after a win or a lost mention, God, where was you at a all of that? Why did you pick out her at that particular moment? Oh wait a minute, were you from the opposing team? Did your team lose? Could that be it? I don't understand. But what I'm really not understanding what's going on in this country is how we're not allowed to discuss anything anymore. We are in such a cancel culture now that we don't even allow the discussion because now if the discussion opens up a counter to your belief, here we come. Do you understand that in atheists lobbied to take prayer out of schools. This is a fact that woman who didn't want her children to be forced to pray in school lobbied and got prayer taken out of schools. Now, look at our schools. Okay, So now we ain't got no prayer in schools. Now, we got guns in their drugs in there, We got everything else in there except God. Now, look, man, I don't want as a Christian to have to bite my tongue if I want to say something on behalf of God just cause you don't want to hear it. I don't care nothing about atheists nothing. What's wrong with you. I've had people on my show, on my Facebook show that scientist Neil la Grossi whatever his name is, and set up there and started talking about he didn't believe in God. I shut that down, We threw dog. We through talking, cause I ain't got no platform for you. You're not gonna take my precious minutes on TV and sit up here and tell me that there's no scientific proof for God. You ain't got no scientific proof that it ain't Cause we get in this whole conversation whether the universe created this? Well, where the universe come from? See, in the beginning, something had to exist for something else to come about, and what so did universe come from nothing? Man, y'all keep trying to find a scientific way to justify it ain't no God. But you can't tell me that cause I hadne gone to him too many times that he didnet came through for me. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, And you ain't finna make me think you something else because I already know what it is. I know the power prayer works that you can say, well, that's the evolution of the that's what the power of thinking is. You put it into the universe. Where you think that comes from, where you think the law of attraction come from. Have you seen the movie Secrets? Y'all wrote the book Secrets, tried to tell all this philosophical stuff, but when you got back down to the basis of Secrets, it was all spiritual everything in that book. The Secret got a Bible Verse behind it somewhere. Are you kidding me? Who y'all talking to?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna tell you, man, we slipping it. We slipping off the edge. We're slipping off the edge because we're being shut down to be allowed to think what's right. Because everybody want us to view their vote viewpoint. Now, if you got an alternative viewpoint, that's your business. You can have that viewpoint. But when you mention your viewpoint and I mentioned mine, where I got to get counseled cause I ain't going with what you got to say. Man, y'all can miss me with that. I'm not going with that. I'm not knowing. I'm not gonna stop talking about God. I'm not gonna stop talking about my faith, and I'm nothing to start thinking that you're smart because you're an atheist.
Speaker 15: You're not.
Speaker 8: The Bible says a fool has said in his heart there is no God. Now when I repeat that, while you got a problem with me, why you got a problem with Don Staley? The Bible said a fool has said in his heart there is no God. Now she repeated, and she just put a simple spin on it that you don't believe in God. Something wrong with you? Okay, now she got a problem with her. Nah, I don't think so, man, I don't think so. So appreciate you, don Staley. Keep on doing what you're doing because you inspired me. Thank you. I'm nothing to stop saying nothing. I need God. I need him to day, tomorrow and every other day. I'd never had, man. Please, I'm looking for more grace and favor every day. And seeing as how you got to have God to get that, and I'm gonna go with God on that. All right, y'all have a great day to day. Talk to God that they don't call me because I ain't. I'm have a great day, y'all.
Speaker 2: For all.
Speaker 3: Steve Harvey contests No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey fm dot com. You're listening to Steve Harvey Morning Show.