Speaker 1: Text you will heal, then text you will needless to say. This morning show has many many skills using our fingers, pencil tricks, tummy tickles, me and Jose pinching our noses when we pass by Brooks lunch.
Speaker 2: We are very very good with our fingers.
Speaker 3: You can spell cauliflowers so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not pleasant, especially when you put it in the microwave.
Speaker 3: Brook Yes, do with spinach.
Speaker 1: But you know what, maybe our best finger skill is texting, and we like to help our listeners come up to our level with this segment called textual Healing, where we help somebody with their texting conversation when they don't quite know what to say. And today's honored guest who needs some tender textual healing is Dory. So let's welcome Dory to the show. How you doing?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Sorry, you're hungry? You want some lunch? I'll give you some?
Speaker 5: Yeah, say no, it sounds sadulous.
Speaker 1: Story you reaching out for us because you need help with some texting.
Speaker 2: Who are we going to be texting today?
Speaker 6: Yes, you guys, I met this guy and we've been going out three or four weeks.
Speaker 5: It's not exclusive.
Speaker 6: We haven't had the exclusive talk. But in real life, I really really like him.
Speaker 3: In virtual life, do you like him too?
Speaker 7: Not so much? No, in texting life, it's a problem. The thing is, when we're together, it's great, I have no issues.
Speaker 6: I really like him again, But when it.
Speaker 5: Comes to texting, we're off.
Speaker 8: Really really, I know exactly.
Speaker 9: What you Maybe he's just not I mean, I feel like there's a lot of people out there that don't know how to keep a conversation going on text.
Speaker 3: Is that what it is? Does it feel like you text him and then things just stop.
Speaker 5: I'm just not sure what it is. It's really not vibing.
Speaker 7: It's like it's so different from how we are when we're together.
Speaker 1: Like, do you have an example of like how you're texting isn't meshing with each other?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Actually I do.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 5: One time he texted me and.
Speaker 6: He said, when you come over later, the neighbor's kids have challenged us to a water fight.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, that's cute.
Speaker 5: That is cute, right right.
Speaker 7: That was a cute text, And so I texted back, I said, oh, that sounds like fun.
Speaker 3: I'm in Yeah, that's a good response. Square gun emoji.
Speaker 6: And then he texted, should I wait for you to boil the water?
Speaker 9: Wait, he's gonna pour boiling water on the neighbor children and he's be funny, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I was confused. I was like what, and then he was just like, oh, he.
Speaker 5: Was just joking.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But that's an example I'm trying to say of why it's off in real life.
Speaker 5: I don't seem to have that confusion.
Speaker 7: In real life.
Speaker 1: You get jokes on you where you could see water boiling in real life.
Speaker 2: That way, there's no question this is a.
Speaker 8: Thing you have bad text chemistry.
Speaker 2: Usually if you talk.
Speaker 3: About this a lot, they'll say is that a bad thing?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Is it like bad for a relationship?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: To text them?
Speaker 3: Like, are you worried about this? If you're daing, you're not gonna text all day anyway?
Speaker 6: That's true. I mean I am a little bit worried about it because it's such a dynamic off, like I don't know to go forward or what.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you you feel like every time that you guys do a text conversation, it's like subtracting from your relationship in real life.
Speaker 2: So where are you at right now in your convo with him via text.
Speaker 5: It's still confusing to me. Like, actually, today he texted me something. That's why I'm calling you, guys. I don't know how to respond. So I sent him a text. Let me read it to you. Okay, I said, Hey, that computer.
Speaker 7: That you let me borrow?
Speaker 5: Do you know how much ram it has?
Speaker 2: It sounds like a bad pickup line. Do you let you borrow a computer?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well he let me a computer. It was a really serious question I needed to know for downloading or whatever.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I was serious about it, and he responded, you guys, he said, sorry, I don't know. It was a friend of mine and he's dead.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, how do you read that? Very dark?
Speaker 5: I don't know what to think.
Speaker 4: I mean, I I didn't respond or text back because I don't know whether to make a joke.
Speaker 5: If he was joking, you know, if.
Speaker 7: It's really true, then I might say something that's insensitive to a dead man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 1: So we're responding back to this text with you right now about his friend we're possibly dying.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, can you just write back? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Question markers?
Speaker 2: That sounds kind of cold and heartless.
Speaker 1: I think that no matter what happens, especially early on in a relationship, you want to keep things as light and as playful as possible.
Speaker 3: You mentioned a dead friend, so maybe, but he.
Speaker 1: Was joking about the water balloons and boiling water on top of children.
Speaker 2: His sense of humor is a little bit different.
Speaker 9: So what if you write back and you say, uh, oh is this computer cursed? O?
Speaker 2: No, no, no. If he's dark, you gotta go darker, be like, how did you kill him?
Speaker 7: How did your.
Speaker 3: Friend that curse was dark enough?
Speaker 1: What if you said, how about we get out the Ouiji board and ask him?
Speaker 2: See that's funny, that's dark dory. What do you think? I have lots of options to choose from there, none of them.
Speaker 8: Are being normal at this point, though, you have to give back with a dark song.
Speaker 1: Well, she didn't come to us for a normal response, to be like, oh sorry, we need a fun, playful response.
Speaker 9: You want a saance to talk to the friend to figure out the realm.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's acknowledging what he said. It's joking back in a not mean way. What do you think, Torri?
Speaker 6: I do like where you're coming from, So I feel like I could say something like, well, can we have a sayance so we can find.
Speaker 2: Out Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: You could use that crystal ball emoji.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, whatever, but whatever.
Speaker 2: The message through either way.
Speaker 1: Why don't you why don't you type that out and send it to your your new guy friend.
Speaker 5: Here, I'm gonna do it right now, you got Okay, you have.
Speaker 2: To do it right now.
Speaker 3: That's the.
Speaker 2: Begin his name. We didn't ask for his name.
Speaker 3: Okay, you need it.
Speaker 5: Okay's right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to distract her and ruin the text laughing.
Speaker 3: While okay, she makes she's so funny.
Speaker 5: It is funny. All right, I'm gonna send it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 3: And okay, all right.
Speaker 8: There's no way he's like, actually, my friend does haunt me.
Speaker 2: It could come back to me.
Speaker 3: I have one plan this Friday, so that's out perfectly.
Speaker 2: But this is fun enough. It's right in the minute.
Speaker 1: We've laid the groundwork for a nice, playful conversation for the rest of the way. We're going to come back and see if he responds to that.
Speaker 2: But the other.
Speaker 3: Friend, what's his name? Who are we texting?
Speaker 5: Andre?
Speaker 1: And we'll see if Andre responds, and we continue textual healing. Right after this, we're in the middle of textual healing with our listener Dory.
Speaker 2: And normally we get a lot of relationship.
Speaker 1: Stuff on this segment, about how to text your crush or the ups guy, how to text Brooks husband to get him out of the house so Roy the traveling salesman can come over.
Speaker 3: But for that, Yeah, text with Roy is fine though. Yeah, mstry kidding any if you're listening, there's no Roy.
Speaker 1: This is a little bit different though, because Dorry needs our help texting the guy that she's just started dating. All their in person chemistry is off the charts, it's just when they're on the phone texting it can get a little bit rocky and they can't tell when the other person is joking or not.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you know I still don't fully know either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why she emailed us today, because she was asking him over text about a computer that she borrowed and how much ram it has. He responded with, I don't know. That computer belonged to my dead friend. So that put us at an interesting fork in the road. Do we take that seriously or assume that it.
Speaker 2: Was a joke?
Speaker 3: I mean, like Alexis said, this is why emoji's were invented.
Speaker 2: Them he joked before with a previous text.
Speaker 1: So we went down that road again and wrote back, well, maybe we should do a seance to find out. Yeah, trying to be playful, and I'm thinking, like, after we did it, I'm worried, like.
Speaker 2: Did we really do that? That's a little bit it is a little bit dangerous.
Speaker 3: We can apologize.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to see if andre has replied to it, dorry, Have you gotten any word back?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, what did he say?
Speaker 5: Okay? He said, oh snap, do you believe in that too?
Speaker 7: We should one hundred percent emoji do a seance for our next date.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, he continues.
Speaker 5: If he responds, you're gonna love him. He's a great guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I'm worried.
Speaker 2: How do you how do you read that door? Do you think he's joking back or is he being serious? Now?
Speaker 5: I think he believes in ghosts?
Speaker 3: Where do you stand on that belief?
Speaker 2: Are you down?
Speaker 4: Having a seance with your new boyfriend's gonna have a real does mean that it actually is the friend's laptop and the friends did.
Speaker 8: See I'm one hundred percent on the joking side. People want to joke around NonStop, like me, never stop.
Speaker 2: That's what it says, non stop, Brook, he.
Speaker 6: Just took it too far exactly.
Speaker 8: He's not gonna stop.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he is, because if he'd sent the text without mentioning the friends specifically, then I would think it's a joke. But the fact that he's bringing up his friend might mean that that's serious.
Speaker 2: And then you're going to meet him.
Speaker 3: I think he thinks you're going to meet him. It should be cool. That's a step in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 1: Is it a little bit too soon to be meeting the dead? Friends?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 8: Okay, met grandma, Let's find.
Speaker 10: Her relatives, you guys, I'm so worried now, I mean, what.
Speaker 8: Do I say?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 9: Okay, Now we gotta legitimately find out if this is a joke or not?
Speaker 2: Right? Do we need to do that?
Speaker 10: Brooke?
Speaker 3: Well? What else do we do?
Speaker 9: We just keep on the road and we don't know whether we should show up on Friday night for the trains in motion.
Speaker 2: Don't jump in front and try to stop it. Now, keep joking.
Speaker 3: Why do you say this? What do you say this? Truth is it'd be my first seance? What should I bring to that type of date?
Speaker 2: What do I wear? I just doesn't like it?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Is polite? She always says, totally.
Speaker 5: Want to know what.
Speaker 3: You need to know? Do you bring a bottle of wine? Do you need to wear a black dress?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 10: Where are we at?
Speaker 2: Are you actually open to a seance here?
Speaker 7: Dorri?
Speaker 2: For real?
Speaker 10: Not really?
Speaker 2: But maybe there's a way we can joke in back home.
Speaker 5: I really, I really like you guys response. That's truth. It'll be my first seance. What should I bring? I like that?
Speaker 2: Now you do? Okay? Then just send Let's just send it, okay.
Speaker 5: You guys.
Speaker 4: I've texted.
Speaker 5: I texted it, and now.
Speaker 8: We'll only I think be able to tell from this text because and he says we're something nice and be respectful for the dead, then you'll know he's serious.
Speaker 2: And he's like, bring a bunny costume. Then you know he's go.
Speaker 1: To a pet cemetery and dig up a dead animal. We meet the bones from it.
Speaker 4: You guys, you guys, he texted it back.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was really quick for a geez. He's really excited about this.
Speaker 5: He said, Oh, are you serious? That could be a deal breaker. For me.
Speaker 9: Doing it or not doing it, no asking what to wear, no admitting that it's her first time.
Speaker 7: That or he or me being into it is a deal breaker.
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just say I was joking and just leave it at that.
Speaker 3: And then and then he can decide what the joke was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we joke back and say, like, oh, thank god, because I was worried I was going to fall in love with your dead friend, or you were.
Speaker 3: Worried his friend was going to hit on you.
Speaker 1: I mean, because remember, like our mission here is just to try and connect with Andre this guy that she's.
Speaker 3: Texting, and it is off still, it is.
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking too much about Andrea's possibly dead friends.
Speaker 3: I like your joke. I think your joke's funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, like I do. I liked your version of it, though a little bit better than mine.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I was worried that he was going to hit on me anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ghasts have a thing for me, So I was worried he was going to fall in love with me anyway.
Speaker 1: What you're showing by doing that is that you're like a light, playful person. You don't take things too seriously. You're just trying to like have a good time with him, right.
Speaker 4: I'm not being judgmental or yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's just send that.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can put a laugh emoji on the endost.
Speaker 2: Because it's a little ghosts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the last smile. Remind him he can use those too.
Speaker 2: Alexis lead by example.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, so.
Speaker 5: Let's see I'm getting it. Okay, I think you do.
Speaker 1: You always have this big of like like a build up every time you send a text to anybody.
Speaker 2: You have to hype yourself up for it.
Speaker 7: Maybe Andre, No, it's just because you know it's so new one.
Speaker 5: I really like him, and I don't want to.
Speaker 6: Okay, So all right, so okay I've written it.
Speaker 2: Buttons, there we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, you feel like you're texting with your mom right now?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I mean I just feel like we're not like crossing the line here. We're not being offensive. We're just being playful and joky and fun.
Speaker 2: Stay in the middle, which is good.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 3: If he writes back and is like, no, sances.
Speaker 10: On he wrote that guy, he wrote, Oh god, god, he's really fast.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 5: He said to laugh emoji?
Speaker 10: Yes, okay, he said I was just messing with you. I don't have a dead friend, thank god.
Speaker 5: But we should text more. You're funny.
Speaker 10: No more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if we can be there for every single text conversation that you have, but you know what we'll do. We'll give you Brooks new landline so you can call. She's the only one in the entire city who has one.
Speaker 3: Now you know she's gonna answer, or the kids will answer.
Speaker 2: That whole family's funny. You feel like we've helped you out there, Dori. Can we leave you to it now?
Speaker 4: I think you guys an amazing job. I think going forward, our texts will dive better together now.
Speaker 9: I think, yeah, you need to read every text from this man as a joke.
Speaker 2: On texts. Do those voice texts from now on?
Speaker 10: Yeah, just so that you.
Speaker 3: Don't frustrate people with your slow texting.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, that's textually it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning
Speaker 10: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.