Speaker 1: Well, listen to your shirt every single day. Breakfast damn the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: On a breakfast club. I can't say breakfast club without.
Speaker 1: The workless club.
Speaker 3: You're like this rare air.
Speaker 2: She got platforms and partners all over the place.
Speaker 4: Because your man is so high, people want to be in business with the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: I don't think white people know how popular you guys are. DJ Infant just hilarious, Charlemagne the guy.
Speaker 1: You guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk.
Speaker 3: Y'all know what you'all talking about.
Speaker 2: It's a new day.
Speaker 1: Is it your time to get it.
Speaker 5: Off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 2: Time to get up and get something.
Speaker 5: Call up now eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on a breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Hello, this those were growing, man, TA can bless its man.
Speaker 7: Man, Man, I was stuck in the elevator for a whole hour.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: The main done is really wake up earlier, man, because I felt like my life was over.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 7: I made so much promises for gard.
Speaker 1: My mother.
Speaker 6: Man Like, I don't want to wish it on my worst enemy. Man, no windows, so escape I'm thinking about Bruce Willis, and I'm thinking, I'm pressing the buttons, I'm kicking, I'm trying to punch codes, I'm doing everything. I'm like, you know what, let me pick you ain't gonna lie. I had a little reception, but not too much.
Speaker 7: I was playing.
Speaker 9: I was playing Marvin Saddon never would have made it.
Speaker 6: Were the only reason why I got out, The only reason why I got out because the spam's dude. He kept pressing the button downstairs, and he kept kicking the door, and then all of a sudden opened but it was a half of the floor. Then it opped up, and then I got out. I don't just tell everybody right now. Man, I don't know if I think'm gonna get elevated to the game is a lawsuit.
Speaker 9: I don't know if it's a lawsuit. But I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, because I got a daughter who has a very unhealthy fear of elevators.
Speaker 1: And she.
Speaker 6: Hopefully I wasn't one of the Tartans. But it's over the story.
Speaker 1: But anyway, book.
Speaker 9: Bronx and Brooklyn, you know, you know everything broken in the Bronx. Damn have a blesday.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you got out of that situation.
Speaker 2: Absolute.
Speaker 9: I'm telling you, my eight year old is definitely afraid of elevator. I don't know what she watched that she saw somebody get stuck on the elevator, but Lord have mercy, she did not like elevators at all, in no way shape before Hello.
Speaker 8: Who's this Hi?
Speaker 10: This is Christmas from South Florida.
Speaker 2: Hey, chrystill get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: Yes, I was up earl this morning.
Speaker 8: Tell you guys this.
Speaker 10: So my nephew attends for film cooking in college and he's only taken African American studies and they have a white professor. She just gave them a group projects to do called escape from the Plantation, and and she wants them to pretend to be a slave, and she wants them to not know how to swim, not know how to read and write, and how they were maneuvered trying to escape like the underground railroad. She wants them to be like, oh, if you try to be a slave and try to escape and get your foot cut off, and another one of you, I want you to be like a mom with a whole bunch of kids that's like a literate and I want one of you guys to be a houseworker.
Speaker 9: Tell us, you know, you tell your son, tell your son to tell the teacher that he want to be Nat Turner. Okay, and they want they want to do a slave rebellion starting with her right then and there, Jesus, Okay.
Speaker 1: That game.
Speaker 10: They're like they some of the kids in his class, like I guess they're green behind the ears. So they're like, oh my god, this sounds so cool. So with him, he's like, it doesn't sit right. And I'm like, what do y'all want to do about it? Because personally me, I'm born in the eighties. I'm mohere in the eighties. I definitely would have went to the being about that.
Speaker 2: How old is he? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Old is he is?
Speaker 3: Eighteen?
Speaker 2: He's in college?
Speaker 1: Yeah that she said school.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's in college. He's at Aune Cookman College in Florida.
Speaker 9: Not turning slave rebellion, Okay, eighteen thirty one, that's what we need to take it back to. Okay, Stone Over Rebellion, Charleston, South Carolina, seventeen thirty nine, that's what we need to take it back to. Okay, Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 11: This is Chris from Folk County, Florida.
Speaker 9: Chris from Florida, what up?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 11: Hey man, I want to say congratulations to just you know what I'm saying. Welcome for the club, honey, Yeah, yeah, I gotta keep it really now. I wasn't going for you at first.
Speaker 1: But we ain't as you are on me.
Speaker 6: I like you now, I like you now.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Y'all good?
Speaker 1: I like that. All go, Thank you? Chris.
Speaker 8: Keep it real.
Speaker 3: You gotta keep it real.
Speaker 13: Yeah, sometimes you do.
Speaker 14: But you know, I don't give a damn which you didn't like before as long as you like me now. Sometimes you just don't got to say how you felt before if you feel a different way.
Speaker 11: Now, okay, okay, I'm.
Speaker 9: A good one, Christ but no, all right, that's crazy. Chris is usually love you.
Speaker 3: Bye, Hello, good morning, baths Club?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: DJ?
Speaker 8: And be Charlotte Mane. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Honey?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 13: Good morning?
Speaker 8: I'm good?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 8: This Cassan from Detroit, jes. I was just Paula. I wanted to say to you. My great grandma used to tell me you could be anything you want to be in life, as long as you put your mind to it, and I want you to know that I see so much success to you. Just hilarious. I wish you the best. I'm glad I was able to talk to you on your first day that you're really making it. I see so much more for you, and God bless you.
Speaker 14: Okay, thank you so much, baby. I appreciate that you're just getting started. I'm a good one, just hilarious, superstuff.
Speaker 15: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eighty five one o five one.
Speaker 2: If you need to be hit us up now, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who is Vy?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 9: Envy?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 8: Trash shot a Maine?
Speaker 1: So the main you.
Speaker 8: I'm doing good, I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 8: Jeff?
Speaker 3: Can I tell y'all how I've been giggling at empty all weekend? Because envy is so crazy?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 6: I don't know if y'all know Mvy's on.
Speaker 4: This show with Tammy Roman.
Speaker 8: I think is that what it's called envy.
Speaker 2: It's called Faithful Paul. Chapter two is this episode that is dropped.
Speaker 3: Shout out the Big Sexty.
Speaker 8: I'm actually Big Sexty.
Speaker 3: Is actually on one of my songs. I'm about to drop.
Speaker 8: I love episode.
Speaker 4: Say again, baby, that's what I love Big sexting.
Speaker 3: Oh, shout out the Big Sexty. For Envy has this episode where Vy was following him around and he's like bus to his boyfriend her Envy with somebody. Vy's talking to the girl and she's telling him over.
Speaker 4: And over again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's by sexual. I didn't know he was bisexual. I didn't never messed with a bisexual man before. The first thing Envy saying is when he talk is, oh see he was gay.
Speaker 4: It's envy.
Speaker 8: You cannot be gay like women. Okay, he's by sex.
Speaker 1: Got so stupid.
Speaker 8: Okay, you like women, you.
Speaker 1: Can have to be gay, all right, fifty game, you're still gay.
Speaker 3: But no, you're not gay.
Speaker 2: Okay, you you have a woman at all.
Speaker 8: For Dyna, you are by sexual.
Speaker 3: Gay men do not like Batigna.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true, but you still have a homosexual.
Speaker 13: No, you're bisexual by departments. You're crossing department.
Speaker 9: By Okay, bisexual means too, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know the bisexual game both, but it's both.
Speaker 1: So you fifty percent?
Speaker 14: Would you say, like when you say you gay and straight?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Not yeah?
Speaker 9: All right, track, but the definition of bisexual is sexually a romantically attracted to both men and women, are to more than one sex, are gentle, and.
Speaker 13: That's why it's called bisexual.
Speaker 9: Not yay, I get it, but you, I mean technically you are gay and straight.
Speaker 15: My gosh, technically I just asked the question.
Speaker 2: Alright, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Hey, QC, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 16: I just want to say, shout out all the truck job is out there, man, everybody's that jobbing out on the rood.
Speaker 1: Be safe, man, Yeah, shout.
Speaker 13: Out to y'all. I love y'all so very much.
Speaker 9: Be safe.
Speaker 2: You're in your truck, bro, Thank you? Yes, sir, there you go.
Speaker 1: Yes, that have a cool one.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 15: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club, the Morning, the Breakfast Club, Barning. Everybody's DJ M V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, indeed, Grizzly doll Man.
Speaker 1: How you feeling about feeling good? Feeling great man? All that.
Speaker 15: I'm glad you put down the joysticks a little bit to start up rapping again.
Speaker 1: Making that much money on video games? Yeah, man, wasn't it was about it? Damn? Okay, Yeah, it's crazy because before I was a rapper, I was a gamer. I feel like we all was, you know what I'm saying, just growing up playing a game. So, just like music and something, I put a lot of passion into how do.
Speaker 9: You make a career that though? Like, that's what I always be wanting.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I had to be coach through it because when I first started playing like online, I was just meeting different people who was already doing and they kind of taught me how to do it.
Speaker 15: And it just too I'm surprised that the numbers that game is makee So it's this is it gambling or is it tournaments or how does it work?
Speaker 1: No, it's just it's just you build a community in the audience, you know what I'm saying, and they they paying to subscribe to your content. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, stream and that translate into record sales. I wonder, yeah, if you do it right, for sure.
Speaker 1: So if I if I drop an album and I'm in GTA and I have a listening party, I'm like, all of us got to listen play it at the same time on our own and come back and give our feedback on the songs and stuff like that. Then you get everybody engaged and everybody streaming it.
Speaker 15: What platform is that, because I mean, I'm sure messing with the labels because once that's played in a twitch or played in one of those streaming platforms, that gotta be a spin, right because it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, Twitch YouTube is the year. It's the spin for shure. I'm getting everybody to do it on their own, you feel, instead of me just listening to it for y'all, y'all hearing it with me. That's only one stream.
Speaker 9: What's the most If you don't mind us asking because your diamonds all shining.
Speaker 1: Brother, I appreciate it. It was a lot, I don't I don't know, it was a lot. Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 9: How do regular kids get to do that?
Speaker 1: Try to that now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And that's what what game? That's playing g T A g T A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so are you ready for GTA six? Then? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, super ready for that for sure. It took him long enough, but shout out the rocks started.
Speaker 15: My people though, Now Tea's Coney Island. You're not from from New York, so why is it called teas Corney Island?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: It's scared I had this. I don't never have to have this conversation in the Middle West.
Speaker 2: You feel, because you don't know is that?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: Look, so Conney Island, now y'all got y'all Bodega's right, We got them in Detroit too, But it's just called Conney Island. So it's a bunch of different Corney Islands. You know what I'm saying. If you're from them areas, you got your own county.
Speaker 9: So it's like a dog a little convenience stuf.
Speaker 1: Like a diner. Okay, you know what I'm saying, where you get food. What's the significance of that to you? For me? Growing up? You feel me, I ain't always like have a home cooking meal. I never ate out, you know what I'm saying, stuff like that, So I scrape up on a couple of dollars. I know, I go to the coney and get some good food, you know what I'm saying, a lot of it, but not that much money. You know. Can you take a woman there? Would she be fine going to Cornell? For sure? Okay?
Speaker 9: Okay, definitely. You know they boogie nowadays. Coney ain't bad though. I took my wife. Have you invested in one that's why you call it tease cone?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I invested. I invested in the one in my area. Okay okay, yea smart s the one I the one I grew up walking to, like before school type. You know, how do you just approach him?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 9: Yo, man, I want to want to buy a part of the business.
Speaker 1: No, like I want to be a part of this. Like this, this Coney right here is significant. You know what I'm saying to me and my upbringing, you know what I'm saying. So I just want to be a part of it. You feel me? They was rocking with me.
Speaker 15: You know, the First Day Out was your biggest record, right, did you ever think that you would beat the success of First Day Out because it's it's a club staple radio record, but you did it. So did you ever think that you would be that man.
Speaker 1: That's one song I can say, like I performed that song that the reaction is like it came out yesterday. You feel me. My goal in life, you know what I'm saying when it comes like chasing my dreams with this music, it was. It was never to outdo anything. It was to get that in the first place, you know what I'm saying. So I'm just happy to have that, you know what I'm saying, and continue to let that be the car that drive the other content that I put out.
Speaker 9: And did that song put pressure on you, like because you know you came out to Gay jay Z tweeting about it like they put pressure on you to keep making that level of music.
Speaker 1: No, because I don't see I don't look at it. I don't look at it like that. I look at it as the blessing that it is, and I'm just grateful for it. If anything else come, then it come. If not that, I'm grateful for it because it's saved and changed my life to this day.
Speaker 13: I got a big record move right now.
Speaker 14: I don't give an f With Chris Brown and Mariota scientists, how did it come about?
Speaker 2: How y'all income number? One record by the way too, number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, definitely definitely thank you. So I rock with with Chris Brown and I had one to his crib. We was in La chilling at his crib when we was in the studio just cooking and throwing around ideas, and we had came up with that one, and we knew we needed a female on it, you know what I'm saying. And my wife had put me hip to Marita Scientists and I've been a fan every since. So I had shot it to her and she loved it, killed it, did her thing. After that we went number one.
Speaker 9: You got a couple of records with Chris Brown on the project What's your Energy?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, bro, just a genuine dude, you know what I'm saying. Our energy a lot of times when we kick it it don't even be about music, you know what I'm saying. We just kick it. Like how were talking right now? We just be chopping it up. Now.
Speaker 15: You got married pretty young. Most people say that's pretty young, especially in this industry, twenty eight years old. How did you know she was the one? You mentioned her twice because I know you, I know you love We seen on the wedding photos. How did you know she was the one?
Speaker 1: It's no such thing as somebody being the one you know about to start the social media with that one. Listen, It's no such thing as somebody being the one.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: This takes effort. There gotta be something you want to do. You gotta be the one, you know what I'm saying. You gotta be the one that want to do it, because they don't propose you do? You feel me? This? This's gotta be something you want. There's gotta be something you want to do. There's gotta be something that you're willing to stick with no matter what. And it's got to be something you make a choice to put effort into. You feel me. I agree with that. I agree with that.
Speaker 9: But she still gotta be special enough for you to say this is what I want to spend the rest of my life with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure. I mean everybody special, you feel me. It's nobody out here that's that's not special in their own way, don't I don't know.
Speaker 13: But I like your take on that though, Like you gotta be the one.
Speaker 14: You gotta you know, because a lot of men always put it on a woman like you know, she she she was the one and she wasn't it. But you're talking about the other side of it, which I appreciate that we don't.
Speaker 13: We don't hear that.
Speaker 1: For sure. For sure, you gotta you gotta want it, You gotta want it, definitely.
Speaker 15: When did you realize what made you want to do it at that particular moment, in that particular time.
Speaker 1: So this has always been a dream of mind. I always knew I was gonna do this, you know what I'm saying, because the household I grew up in was it was a lot of dysfunction, you know, and I knew that's not what I wanted. I know, I wanted to have a two parent household because that's what I wish I had, you know what I'm saying. I knew I wanted to be married and carry myself a certain way because that's what I wish I saw coming up. So growing up for me was a kind of like a lot of what not to do, and that made me want to do this.
Speaker 9: That's breaking generational curses.
Speaker 1: My brother.
Speaker 9: They said, if you come from a broken home, make sure a broken home don't come from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 15: Right, we got more with T. Grizzly when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Think everybody is DJ N d jes hilarious, Charlottage the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with T.
Speaker 15: Grizzly And how you dealing with all your trauma with all because with p and b Rock was a close friend and your manager that passed, Like, how are you dealing with that trauma?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I do a lot of healing things, you know what I'm saying. I love to hear that. Yeah, I do a lot of healing things for sure. A couple of people I want to just shout out with that, my sister to her, we do certain things that kind of heal traumas, you know, like sit down with certain medicines and just get that stuff, release all that stuff. Would you do? DMT shrooms.
Speaker 2: Tell us about that experience.
Speaker 1: Man, it was powerful, Man, it was super powerful.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's it's something in us right that already knows what to do with the medicine once it's inside you, and it does exactly what it's supposed to do, you know what I'm saying. And it just works perfectly. You know what I'm saying. The medicine is perfect for you. It's kind of like a facial recognition on your phone. Once you get inside your body and it just unlocked things. You feel me. And the thing about it is once it teach, once you learn what it teaches you, or once it show you whatever you need to see. Because it works for everybody individually different ways. It's on you to remember this stuff.
Speaker 9: You did you de talk beforehand and like, because you set your intention and all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure we did it. It was very ceremonial how we did it, you know what I'm saying. Like it was a room that we was in. You couldn't even bring certain technology devices in here. You couldn't even step in here if you was in a certain frequency light. Be super positive when you step in this room. We want to keep this energy a certain way.
Speaker 2: Did you poop envoment on yourself as well?
Speaker 1: They said, that's that's no, that's that's that's what the duck flower. I ain't did that one yet.
Speaker 13: It's different kinds, different types to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it turned you onto it?
Speaker 1: Who turned me onto it? My wife turned me onto it? Really? Yeah, you can't do it with you at you No, but she knew about it and she was like, we should do this together. Did it make you anxious? No, it ain't made me anxious at all. It just it just it just made me like it just woke me up to a lot of stuff. It woke me up to not only how powerful we are, but how certain things shouldn't even bother us, and how great life can be once you see it a certain way. Did you see God? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Everybody doesn't tell.
Speaker 1: Me the Yeah for sure, thousand what it looked like. It was just light exact.
Speaker 15: It was just like bro, Yeah, and you did it where because a lot of people go overseas. You did it in California. I didn't Dominican.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, did the Gosho speak to you? Yeah? It's crazy because when it's when when when he spoke, I didn't. I couldn't hear it. And it was like it was an angeler And I asked like, well I can't hear what he's saying. It was like because his voice is too powerful, Like you couldn't handle hearing that. Oh you was talking to the Sean minis No, I was talking to who the other figure and to see that. I saw that was there with me, So it was another figure with you while you were talking. Yeah, that took me up to God like like let's go see him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And you were having conversations like this while you were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm asking. I'm a person who asked a lot of questions, so I'm asking a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: Where we're going.
Speaker 1: What's that? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: People told me when you do it, it's not you don't feel like high. It's like you're fully aware of where you are, you someplace else.
Speaker 1: Because it's it's not high. It's not high. It's like imagine you going into like a body of water. You know what I'm saying, And your purpose of going in here is to come out with some u some knowledge, you know what I'm saying. So you're not getting eye as.
Speaker 13: Long as you can't wait.
Speaker 1: For me like four. But for everybody it's different. Though. One thing about Ayawaska, it's not gonna let you go into it's ready to let you go like you're gonna get everything you need to get. Damn, you're not in no type of control.
Speaker 9: You did it for multiple days and just that we did two days when you come down and did like okay, you know it's just like done.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, you know you out of it, really, you know you're out of it?
Speaker 2: Could you do it again?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: This is a one time thing. This is something you only do once.
Speaker 1: No, you do it again, you do it again.
Speaker 13: But this is nothing that you It is not something that you do like like I do shrewms all the time. This is not something that you just do like that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, yeah it ain't. It ain't nothing you do recreational. You're not even gonna want to do it recreation, right because it's like that was deep, you know what I'm saying. You're gonna face some stuff like that was powerful, you know what I'm saying. But see what with the psilocide and like this s rooms and stuff like that. With that, do I feel like that's like a heart medicine. It just makes you like happy and make you you able to smile at things stuff like that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, But like even with my experience on you know, the Silo simon, I've had like come to moments as well even with that, So I would like to do ioas I just don't feel like it's a time for me yet because like to Charlomagne's point, you got you'll know when you have to do it.
Speaker 13: I'm excited to do it.
Speaker 8: And I hear.
Speaker 14: But I've had like some of the things that you're talking about. I've had that with shrims, Like I've been on shrooms and I've been my mother. I've been my grandmother who's passed. I've been my little sister. I've been my dad, and I could see generations and generations before me, like stuff like that.
Speaker 13: And that's only on shroms. So I can only imagine how the I is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's deep. That's deep. Even what they say. You go through generations of people and you can heal like generational traumas through the medicine. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you did a therapy too, like any just regular therapy sitting down.
Speaker 1: With a psychiatrist or no, I ain't did that. I ain't did that. So everything has been plant based you. Yeah, that's dope, man, that's dope. That was the last question.
Speaker 15: So when you when you do go through the ceremony, are you sitting down, are you laying down? Are you sitting in you know?
Speaker 1: So for me, they made me sit up, like sit down, and for the women that was in the room, they laid down. They gave me the option to lay down. Though have you have you wanted that to reflect in your music in any way yet It hasn't yet because it ain't really the creat the creativity and music, and that hasn't bridged it for me.
Speaker 9: A lot of people tell me when they do it, you know, the things that they experience, you may not want to share. You know, they tell you to write it down in a journal, but you probably wouldn't want to share that with the world just yet.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, yeah, I mean I ain't really It wasn't really nothing that was worth sharing. And one thing I learned, like like how you say like people wouldn't want to share certain things because they are shamed of it. Shame was a big lesson when I was under the medicine, you know what I'm saying, because just growing up I always cared about like what people think and all that. One thing that the medicine talk is like, it is nothing to ever be a shame though, because anything about you, you didn't ask for it, but it's perfect for you, so you should never feel shame.
Speaker 15: Did you see anybody that that passed away. Did you see your manager? Did you see pm B at the time.
Speaker 1: I didn't see them too, but I did see some other people who passed away though, for sure.
Speaker 13: Damn wow from the album now you'reascar.
Speaker 9: That was good though, because he gave some healing tips.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: But once again, you got to do it when it calls you. That's not something you just say, Oh, I need to go out there and heal. Like no, when it calls you to it. And you got brought to it by people that you trusted love, So that's a whole different ball again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Well the album Coney Island T's Coney Island is out right now, and.
Speaker 15: We appreciate you for joining us. It's been a long time, supposed to be a couple of times, but thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Brother. Yeah, man, I appreciate you off for having me grabs.
Speaker 2: On the number one record again.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We don't kill him.
Speaker 13: I'm all up in your mass.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna fixed it, txt it fixed it, Just gonna fix your mess because my advice is real in the middle of.
Speaker 15: Just fix my mess, and we have Michelle on the line. Michelle, good morning, Good morning. Hey, what's your question for?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 10: Okay, So I'm really trying to figure out what I do. I was so confused. I'm married currently, but I've been separated in February of this year, but I have been seen this guy since December of last year. The person that I've seen, he actually asked somebody, but I've met her. So I'm kind of trying to decide what i should do. It's like, now my husband's trying to come back, but I'm trying to keep them away.
Speaker 2: Wi Ja, God, damn, you sound like, will you shut up?
Speaker 9: Okay, I know it's a lot.
Speaker 14: It's okay, Okay, so you basically okay, oh wow, So damn. So you you have a husband that you're trying to keep away because you want to date your boyfriend who has somebody else here.
Speaker 13: But yeah, yeah, right, girl, write a book.
Speaker 1: He at all.
Speaker 10: I'm in college, so I'm going to school. I'm about to graduate.
Speaker 1: So congressating that I was in college.
Speaker 10: I had to basically stop working because it was so demanding. It's like my husband he kind of started entertaining other people like Okay, then come home. He'll be spending like nights out with other people. Now, my boyfriend, he's been there, like to stay one financially, I mean mentally everything, he's been there.
Speaker 13: Okay. Is he younger than you? All right? Girlfriend?
Speaker 14: I mean you have a husband and okay, so did you did your husband ever tell you like, all right, this is what I'm gonna do. Or did he just start cheating and you found out about it and instead of leaving, you just got a boyfriend?
Speaker 13: How did that work?
Speaker 14: Are you open with each other to tell each other? Look like, is you and your husband? Is it an open relationship?
Speaker 10: I was feeling to be open, but he wasn't.
Speaker 14: Okay, So he wanted to be able to do what he wanted to do, and you still had to be the devoted wife committed.
Speaker 10: Pretty pretty much. But once I kind of think that he was going when he was doing, I kind of started doing what I wanted.
Speaker 15: To do too.
Speaker 10: And because of my cash out, Like he caught me because of cash.
Speaker 14: Out, he caught you because of cash app He went through my cash out.
Speaker 13: Okay, so why don't you just get a divorce?
Speaker 10: I mean I'm working on that. I'm working on that I'm fine with.
Speaker 13: That, okay, and then you're quick.
Speaker 10: Like my my graduation is coming up, and I want my boyfriend to come because he's been there. But then it's like my husband feels.
Speaker 1: Like he should be.
Speaker 13: Damn okay, So so I think I, look, invite them both. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 14: Look, you can't you got you can't tell the boyfriend stay home. He been your boyfriend, eve been paying bills, he and.
Speaker 13: Feeding you financially. You know, its sexually and all of that.
Speaker 14: And then here go your husband on the side, who also got it, got his you know, his reservations, Like, look, I need to be there because I'm I need to see you graduate. I say, invite both of them and tell both of them what they up against.
Speaker 13: Period.
Speaker 14: It's gonna be I can't, okay, So what you're gonna do booth, I don't know, I don't know who No, And I say both, you need to invite both. Talk to your husband. Look, my boyfriend gonna be there, and then talk to your boyfriend. Look, my husband's gonna be there. He ain't gonna not show up.
Speaker 3: So it is what it is.
Speaker 14: Y'all gonna have to just sit come together. And support me together and then y'all can fight it out after I walk across that stage.
Speaker 9: But that's it, balance all off. I know it is.
Speaker 13: When's the last time you? When's the last time you? When's the last time you had sex with your husband?
Speaker 9: Actually like three weeks ago?
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, your boyfriend.
Speaker 10: But it's not, it's not. It's not like that, like he's saying, a whole nother state. Now, he came down to see the kids.
Speaker 12: We did what we did.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so see, but see, but you feel bad or you don't.
Speaker 10: I do feel bad about it, yeah, because like.
Speaker 14: Yeah, because I know that's your husband, that's the father get children. But he lived in a whole nother state. He going back to doing what he doing, and you just go back that. I feel bad for your boyfriend. I don't feel bad for you. I feel bad for your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Everybody got somebody.
Speaker 1: Everybody, everybody got back to everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, she said, the boyfriend had somebody. Everybody got somebody.
Speaker 1: Why why can't polygamy just be a thing.
Speaker 9: If everybody doing that and everybody know about it, why can't everybody just you know why? Because it's not.
Speaker 13: Polygamy is not the best way to do things. Polygamy is just that, I don't care.
Speaker 14: It's just damaged people from different relationships, people with baggage from different relationships, who trying to make it work, who can't stop cheating. That's what polygamy is from my opinion. And sorry, but I know the polygamy community gonna be Oh my gosh. She canceled because she coming at the way we love.
Speaker 9: Just fix my Mess when we come back, and make sure you subscribe to just Hilarious podcast the Carefully Reckless podcast on the Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast network. She does just fix My Mess on all all her podcasts. Yeah, so you can send them, send in your questions.
Speaker 14: Yes, you can, your voice memos or your paragraphs, your stories to the d M of Carefully Reckless not just Hilarious official but Carefully Reckless podcast submission stories there.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Yes, one of the most dangerous morning short the Breakfast Club Charge Hilarious. Yes, we're here and well we're really not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's President's Day. But you know we have some new content for you because Usher checked in with us to talk about all things super Bowl and his marriage, his new tour, and We're gonna get into that conversation right now on the world's most dangerous morning. So the Breakfast Club arsa.
Speaker 4: That wild man over there?
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 9: I know that domestic terrorists ain't calling nobody a wild man. Jessea Larious is here to usher.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: She's the new official third co host of the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: What's up? Just with all the mess? How you doing?
Speaker 13: I just got this job and you ain't even come in here. You ain't been here since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: I know, man, I need to come up there to here to be more and endures.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on everything.
Speaker 9: No, my brother, an amazing super Bowl performance, a new album is out right now, and you are a domestic terrorist.
Speaker 1: You did it again. You're a minister society. Why were you so handsy?
Speaker 9: Why are you so handy with miss Alicia Keys?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 12: No, listen, it's not anyway in any shape, form or fashion that unfortunately you gave me to handle.
Speaker 4: But nah, man, it's a celebration. Man. We had an amazing time at the super Bowl.
Speaker 12: Most watched super Bowl all time, all the time, Yeah, of all time, with more people watch.
Speaker 4: That than the Apollo eleven Landa man, I'm like blown away.
Speaker 12: Since nineteen ninety, nineteen sixty nine, you know, there's not been a greater viewing than what happened on Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 4: So I'm really happy about that.
Speaker 1: Man. And You've been a superstar for a long long time.
Speaker 9: So what does something like the Super Bowl do for you when you perform in front of that many people on that stage?
Speaker 1: Is there another level? I don't know.
Speaker 12: It's pretty hard to beat that one, and it's going to be pretty hard to beat that number. So man, I'm just I'm just really happy, blessed. You know, I worked really hard in Las Vegas to tell a story about my culture where I come from, and being able to share that with the rest of the world, you know, was really a monumental moment in my career, in my life. You know, I've said many times, you know, I turned Vegas to atlant where I was able to introduce the entire world to what Atlanta is, to turn the world to Atlanta for that moment, for those fifteen minutes. So I'm just really happy that everything happened the way that it did. I'm happy that jay Z and Dez reached out to me to do it. I'm happy that Hamis shot it the way that he did, happy that Alkaman, Jones and Hamish work together and pass people who put all of it together to look like it was. I'm happy to out my choreographers and dancers and you know, contortionists and tumblers, little John Ludacris, Alicia.
Speaker 4: Keys Her where I am.
Speaker 12: Everybody came through and was able to be a part of it, you know, because it's a thirty it's a thirty year plus you know, celebration for me, absolutely, and it was hard as hell to put all of those thirty years into fifteen minutes, but I did it, and I was able to introduce people to, you know, the culture of the past. You think about everything that Vegas has offered over the last two years to me, but everything that it represented in the past. You noticed the wardrobe, the fact that I kind of took people through what I would consider a past, present and future experience just in time for me to you know, launch my tour. But it was real deliberate, like the wardrobe was selected to make you remember our glamours we were in those times and how you know, going into you know, segregated casinos and being able to not you know, fright, no, as with normal people in those times. It was like a thing of our pride being taken in that time. So that was part of my storytelling. Like yo, I really wanted to honor all of the people who had had anything to do with us being in Las Vegas from the beginning of what Las Vegas experience was, for our black experience, bringing eight Spiece of Us into the conversation. Cappus came out step with me, skate culture, all of those things. It was a past present, future conversation now.
Speaker 13: And then you end your night getting married.
Speaker 14: Yeah, congratulations, Oh my god, what made you do it that night?
Speaker 13: What made you get married that night?
Speaker 12: You know, just to put you know, an incredible ending on this chapter of Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: We talked about it.
Speaker 12: We am I proposed to her uh last year and she been wearing that ring and I ain't want to be that guy who just you know, just continue to hold on forever to the ring. But you know, we talked about the best time to do it. Obviously, around the time we started getting ready for Super Bowl, I was going back to Las Vegas. It was like, damn, I got to play Las Vegas. Do these shows, then go get ready for super Bowl and let's do a wedding. I was like, that's just too much pressure. What did we You know, we do a drive through just for our kids and our immediate family. You know, oh Vegas style. You know how Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley did it. You know what I'm saying. So it's like, yo, let's go get officiated by an Elvis impersonator.
Speaker 4: And make it fun. You know, you got all the pressures that come with getting married.
Speaker 12: You gotta, you know, get you down together and make sure everybody's accommodated, to get the food, make sure you're spending hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars on on this this moment that really is about the union of two people and the love of your family.
Speaker 4: So I was happy to have her family there, my family there, my kids there, and we did it.
Speaker 12: We did it without any pressure. And finishing the Super Bowl was the hardest part. And then getting dressed to get there, but then in time to make it to the after party and we went and you know, kicked it with Snoop and uh and Doctor Dre and my flippers party.
Speaker 4: But it was it was cool.
Speaker 1: Man, it was.
Speaker 4: It was wonderful.
Speaker 9: You know, us are regardless of your reputation. As you know, mister, don't leave your girl around me. You you you're a family man, like you like being married.
Speaker 4: I'm plural.
Speaker 1: Saying terrorists. You see what I'm saying? Minutes?
Speaker 4: What was the important people think? I guess I'm just plural.
Speaker 9: What was the importance of paying tribute to Michael Jackson and your performance?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know if people a lot of people see.
Speaker 12: What you don't realize is that there's so many gyms that you have yet to unlock.
Speaker 4: You only call one you called Michael. Did you catch Marvin? Did you catch the back leg pop for James Brown? Did you catch that one?
Speaker 1: I think I called Marvin when you were shirtless?
Speaker 4: No, that that was Teddy P. See you got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that.
Speaker 12: Was Bobby Brown and Teddy P. I gave a little bit of Luther vand Dress in there. The piano moment was a ROBERTA. Flack and uh Donny Hathaway.
Speaker 4: You missing them?
Speaker 1: You got to give up some of these easter eggs?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 4: What was the delivererate in all things that I do?
Speaker 12: When I bring the culture of what I am and what has made me who I am everywhere I go, even right now, you don't even realize it's happening right now.
Speaker 9: Behind look behind them the picture. I see the picture. So you saw the Michael What was the Teddy P Bobby Brown tribute?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean coming out of my shirt was obviously Bobby Brown moment. Teddy P was the was the tank top and just you know, just crooning and being able to have that that moment.
Speaker 4: All of it is who I am.
Speaker 12: But in what I've done and who I am, I recognize all of the people that really paved the way.
Speaker 4: Far too often, man, do we just forget about the people that really made it happen. That was a little bit. It was it was it was some Ronley in there. It was it was Gap band in there.
Speaker 12: It was you didn't catch the gap band and and you didn't get that part? No, man, Yeah, it's all of them, was there?
Speaker 4: Man? And then Jackson five was there? You heard that one can see?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I we would.
Speaker 4: You didn't catch the zap one.
Speaker 1: I gotta go back and watch you if you go back.
Speaker 12: It's a it's an entire education that's happening right in front of your eyes.
Speaker 2: I just think it's all.
Speaker 14: Blown away from everything. It was like a party, and it was like it was it was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was so much.
Speaker 4: It was what we do, baby, Yeah, we get out when we get out.
Speaker 1: We debated about it.
Speaker 9: A lot of people said I was being a prisoner of the moment, but I'm just talking about our first watch. My initial reaction was that's the best half super Bowl halftime performance I've ever seen. And so then the next day I went through them and even with it, I'm like, I don't see how you you can't say this isn't the best for me? The top five is you, Michael Jackson, Beyonce the first, well, I think it was the first Beyonce when she brought Deathtney's Child out. Yeah, Prince and doctor.
Speaker 2: Dream Snow, I appreciate that game.
Speaker 9: We got more with us. You're coming up, so don't go anywhere. It was the most dangerous morning short of Breakfast Club. Yes, he was more dangerous morning to short to Breakfast Club. Charlamagne God here, Jessa Larrus is here, and Usher checked in with us Man to talk all things super Bowl and his marriage and all of that Good Stuff is a new album that's right coming home. So let's talk to Usher right now on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Why didn't things work out with Justin Bible?
Speaker 4: You know what they did work out with Justin?
Speaker 12: You know, I honored and and and and recognized that my brother. You know, I think that it might have been the fact that he was just you know, wanting to tell a different story right now, and I understand that. But we did have a brief conversation, and you know, we're gonna do something else in the future. But there's no love lost or anything like that. I think that it's a lot of pressure for the super Bowl, obviously for me to put together the show, so I reached out to everybody. Justin wasn't the only person that I actually spoke to about doing the super Bowl, but the moment was maybe for later, he's gonna play the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I'll go ahead and give you that in the future.
Speaker 12: I profess that over his life and over his time, because he has a career that deserves it.
Speaker 4: But it just didn't happen. But that doesn't mean it's not going to What.
Speaker 1: Was Chris Brown ever, for consideration, that was another rumor about that.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't. I did not reach out to Chris Brown, Okay, okay.
Speaker 9: Is there anybody else? Is anybody else?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 9: I want that There was always there was a rumor that you and Chris had a little kerfuffle.
Speaker 12: It's all good, man, you know, it's it's it's actually, you know, always going to be something that you're gonna hear, you know, issues between me and that man.
Speaker 4: We're good.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: If anyone else you wanted on stage with you but things didn't work out.
Speaker 4: I can't give you all of that. Tell me I wish I could. I can't give you that exclusive.
Speaker 12: If you hear it, by the way, I will confirm it, but I will not. Okay, I'm not going to tell you everybody I reached out to. I reached out to some hitters. I was listening, I was curating. I was curating what would be one of the greatest Super Bowls of all time, and it actually turned into that because of who I reached out to.
Speaker 4: I felt like her.
Speaker 12: She is an amazing artist, but even more amazing guitarist, and I wanted the world to see her as the.
Speaker 4: Rock star or rock and soul star she is.
Speaker 12: And Alicia obviously reached out to because we had, you know, my boot, and I wanted the world to see her as a glamorous start that she was.
Speaker 4: Dak. I dreamt her vision and I always started flowing huge dress that would go over the entire stadium.
Speaker 12: It's like I just got this this very I'm just real specific about handling, handling our icons the way that they need to be handled, and we need to do that more often. We can get into the mess, yes, and we can absolutely get into the mess to God, you know what I'm saying, But Yo, we got to handle our icons the right way.
Speaker 4: We gotta make we lift them up on God. You understand what I'm saying. But the way that Jay reached out, hold on and say is the way that Jay reached out because he.
Speaker 12: Understood, Yo, this is a moment for the culture. We have to preserve our icons in the same way. Don't let the mess bring our icons down because we don't get them back and we don't get a chance. Like we all human and we all go through things and we all want to experience things. But we gotta handle high icons the right way. You know, the rock stars they handle each other the right way, you know, they don't.
Speaker 4: We don't get caught up in the boy and we shouldn't.
Speaker 12: Let's stop that. Let's let's let's lift our icons up. Let's make certain that we keep them preserved. HI at the highest place, in the best wardrobe, on the biggest stage, in the biggest moment being seen, because they'll surely.
Speaker 4: Forget about us. And if you helped him, and if you help them forget about us, they'll do it quicker, you know.
Speaker 13: You know, So I just wanted us say I apologize, but you said.
Speaker 1: What I said.
Speaker 14: I apologize for helping out the mess because he's talking to him. He's very intentional. He's very intentional about the stuff that he's saying, and he keeps saying mass and just and I understand. So I apologize, But did you know Jermaine Duprie was going well.
Speaker 1: At Yeah, y'all didn't keep Jamae Duprix in the highest.
Speaker 4: Of Absolutely, we did know.
Speaker 12: Jermain knew exactly what he was wearing it and you know what he should because that's that's his story and that's what's dope. Like the reality is the first time we saw Michael n glitterary socks, we laughed the first time we start Prince with his cheeks out, we all laughed and we thought that it was funny until it became his moment. It that's his moment we're just looking at That's true, but it's cool. Y'all look at it however you want. I see something that's going to continue to grow. It's all about how you look at life, man, It's.
Speaker 4: How you look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll just know this.
Speaker 12: Just know that you definitely have the influence to determine how people choose to look at things.
Speaker 4: So frame in the right direction. Because our icons matter.
Speaker 9: And that's why I say, is an icon who should always be treated in touch. I'm telling me and the dream had this convo and I don't know why. It just stuck with me that night when the dream said, I'm like, yo, the dream is right. We have to celebrate the legends that we have now. I really think it's because y'all still here.
Speaker 12: It's not just that it sure as sure as technology becomes obsolete, you know, you could assume that music and the spirituality that's inside of it will too, but it won't. It'll always be there. But why not celebrate the people, not just what they made? Let's celebrate them and let's make them feel love because they gave something. They dedicated, they made you feel something. They made you fall in love, they made you happy, they made you smile, they gave you energy, they gave you something that you needed in that moment.
Speaker 4: So why not continue to lift them up.
Speaker 12: That's why at every show you see me bringing the artists that I know have been influential.
Speaker 8: To my stage.
Speaker 4: I ain't hiding them. I'm not trying to make them look bad.
Speaker 12: I'm like, no, let's make them look great. Let's continue to lift our own people up. Let's lift each other up. Let's continue to push each other up. Just you know, I stay on you, leyo, do it better? Come on, do it better?
Speaker 13: Yes, lift me up there, I got you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep pushing you. I'm gonna make you great. I want you to be great. That's it. That's all I want. I want greatness for our people. I won't I won't. I want our people to make certain that we know we are great.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: You know, have you seen some of your old moments, like when you was on stage with Nicki Minaj and you was head button or ass.
Speaker 1: Why would you saw Why would you sawing hinge?
Speaker 12: In that moment, By the way, it was just making you see, you gotta go to you gotta go to Jamaica.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That was just the moment that was that was fun.
Speaker 12: And by the way, it was me playing my bass, so I would have probably bumped my shoulder on my hand, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I had my base in my hands I was playing, so I just kind of bopped off a body a little bit.
Speaker 12: And if you go back and look at the video you'll understand because I did it there the first time.
Speaker 4: That was a little bit of Jamaican coaching.
Speaker 1: It was all being out like I think.
Speaker 12: I think I was reaching a big when I spacked her though I shouldn't spect it, but I shouldn't did that.
Speaker 2: See you gotta lift up man, you know, I mean, I was lifting.
Speaker 9: And I always wondered to what was what was your reaction to the Boondocks episode about you man?
Speaker 1: That keeps coming up, That's been coming up all week too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I hate Regina about that and they you know, they they crazy.
Speaker 12: It was It's funny, but I guess that's that's the truth of the other side of what happens.
Speaker 4: That's the Usher effect. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 13: Most talked man, that is who you are.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 12: But hey, in no way anything that was done there should have been viewed as bad or in any way perverted or anything like that. No, it was literally about, you know, having having fun because of a song that me and Alisha made many years ago, and we celebrated because of the legacy of it, and no disrespect to anybody or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Have you in Swiss and Alisha shared a laugh about it.
Speaker 12: All of me absolutely laughed about it. It's crazy how people pick they handle. It's all about how you present things, man, But it's all of One of my shout outs, shout out to the Dean Collection.
Speaker 4: Y'all get out to Brooklyn and check out the check out the Dean Collection.
Speaker 9: This year we got more with us are coming up, so don't go anywhere. The was the most Dangerous morning short of Breakfast Club. Yeah, the onl Mos dangerous morning short of Breakfast Club. Charlamagne to God Here, Jessa Larius is here and Usher checked in with us man to talk all things super Bowl and his marriage and all of that good stuff is a new album that's right coming home. So let's talk to us right now on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Tell us about your Black Love and Atlanta TV show.
Speaker 4: Oh It's coming.
Speaker 12: I think that we as artists, there's a price that we all have to pay in entering this industry. And most of the time we either sell off our publishing or either we don't we don't retain it because it's not an option too, or either we don't value it because it doesn't have value in theory.
Speaker 4: But what the value becomes is something that people have already recognized. A story, a song.
Speaker 12: Storytelling is something that I've always done. So what I did is I've taken the songs of the masters that I don't own, and I reframed them into now something that is a narrative piece that you'll be able to see. So you already know what the story is, and you know what the crescendo of the story is. But here's just another way of you flipping. You know, a hustler, you know what I'm saying, if you want to call it a hustle. But the reality is I own the idea, but I don't necessarily own the IP, so why not go after some other portion of it to use it to storytell?
Speaker 4: How does it make sense?
Speaker 9: It makes How does it feel to have coming home speaking and out of the field, have coming home on your own label?
Speaker 4: That's amazing?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: I'm really hoping that it continues to pave the way and show, you know, artists who have been in this industry for you know, thirty plus years, that no matter you know, how long you may be in it, you know, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 4: Keep striving, find great partnerships.
Speaker 12: Because it's really a result of having an amazing partnership with La and also to Larry Jackson that makes it what it is. But you know, thirty years after signing my first deal and having now come back as an independent artist and having the type of reaction to my music, I don't take that lightly.
Speaker 4: I do appreciate the love.
Speaker 12: I do appreciate the fact that people you know, that gravitating towards the music, that they're interested in it, that they it connects with their lives as it has connected to mine.
Speaker 4: And this is just the next chapter installation of my life.
Speaker 9: Ruin is one of my favorite songs off the album.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, you knew I was going to say that because I'm the one to put you on with the song us should anyway?
Speaker 13: I love Ruined what Feels? And I was going to ask you.
Speaker 14: It is my favorite's one of my favorite songs, but it is the one that I do my makeup to every morning.
Speaker 4: What was that to give you a whole book of youse? I love that. I love your EU.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Who did you?
Speaker 13: Who inspired that song? No, he's not, He's just Usher. It's Usher that I want to know who inspired ruined?
Speaker 4: Life inspired ruined?
Speaker 12: You know the idea that you know we can be in relationships that you know can can change your perspective.
Speaker 4: You know, you can open yourself up, you know, especially for men. You know what I'm saying. It's like, you know how hard it is to get my heart to open. And then when it you know, this one, it killed me. It pushed me back. It made me look at every woman differently until I met my daughter. And then she ruined me in a different.
Speaker 12: Way because she's like spoiled and all the things that she should be at her three year old as a three major.
Speaker 4: She she ruined me.
Speaker 12: But you know, before that The song ideally is about when you're in a relationship with somebody who you know, you try to you try to get it right, and then you just can't. And it's like you just you don't look at it. You don't look at any relationship the same because of that one until you meet the one who replaces that love in your heart.
Speaker 4: That's why I shot the video the way that I did.
Speaker 13: Yes, and that is I bet you you can see the video. It's a really really nice visual.
Speaker 2: I really love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: The completion of that is is the joy, the joy that my wife gave me and giving me my first daughter. You know, I love my boys, don't get me wrong, But every man who has a daughter, he understands what I'm saying when I say that daughters change you.
Speaker 2: I got full.
Speaker 4: They replace it, They replace a love that you can't explain.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 9: When you talk about relationships, Ussha and you talk I saw when you talk about being in toxic relationships throughout your life, can you admit to yourself that you might have been toxic once at some point?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 12: Okay, absolutely, you know uh and and it's obviously in the music to say so, But I think that We all are a product of what experiences we had as kids and what our idea of love is and what we you know, we perceive to actually be healthy love that might not necessarily be access is something that all you know people do have.
Speaker 4: But you know, is it better to have a.
Speaker 12: Ton when you really, you know, should really love yourself first? You know, all of those I mean, it's I was taught to be a player. You know what I'm saying, Hey player from the him Malayas. You know what I'm saying was I was killing them, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But you know.
Speaker 9: This man is a minute man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know what I'm saying and probably turned down more than I could ever choose to say. But I'm saying, like to be real toxic is something that I think we all got to individually work through.
Speaker 1: And I did.
Speaker 4: I did it. You know, in a matter of about five to six years of my life.
Speaker 12: Things changed because I changed because at my forty, my forty at the year changed my perspective and it made me want something more.
Speaker 4: It made me want to love myself more.
Speaker 12: It made me want to be a better person, hopefully for my children, so that they didn't have to be toxic in their lives.
Speaker 4: You know. But I think that all of it is, you know, kind of you know, living and learning.
Speaker 9: That's interesting you say that, because I feel like when you made that change, and we didn't even know you made that change, that's when it seemed like you started to get your flowers in a real way. That's when things started to shift, like the residency and everything started.
Speaker 1: Around that time.
Speaker 9: So that says a lot. You did the work on yourself and it came back to you in life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we all can't. We all should.
Speaker 12: And part of it is is wanting to uh that belief and unwavering commitment to what you believe in your mind no matter what life is presenting you or what people may say about you. That doesn't matter what you feel about you matters.
Speaker 4: What I say I am is what matters. I'm a ruler in my own mind.
Speaker 12: I'm a king and I am building a kingdom in my own mind, and that is all that matters, no matter what may be said, no matter what anyone could choose to say.
Speaker 4: What I say matters.
Speaker 12: What I say goes in my life, and I am the architect of my own destiny. You know what I'm saying, and that's just something you.
Speaker 4: Got to you gotta remember, you gotta you gotta remind yourself of that every day, young man.
Speaker 12: Remind yourself that every day, young lady, that you are as great as you say you are, and if you believe it, it.
Speaker 4: Will be.
Speaker 9: Perfect. Way and man, Usher, make sure y'all go get the Coming Home album. Make sure you go check out Russia when he hits the roll this year.
Speaker 13: Yes, because I'm definitely going.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Yes, I'll see you out there cause you're coming to be more. You coming to Atlanta. We're playing for in Brooklyn, just so y'all know. So y'all get over there.
Speaker 14: Well, I gotta come to Baltimore, like I really gotta come in in. I gotta you're gonna bring.
Speaker 4: Me DC, Baltimore, Atlanta. I mean you Houston, but I got in Miami, but.
Speaker 9: I'm from Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 13: I gotta go to the You're gonna bring me on stay so I can say I love you or do.
Speaker 4: I got you? All right?
Speaker 1: It's Usher Raymond. Y'all, thank you for checking in. My brother.
Speaker 4: You're bringing your husband with you.
Speaker 2: I should am, I am.
Speaker 13: I'll be married by then. Yes, I'm gonna bring it with me.
Speaker 9: He want to make sure you bring your husband so he can have something extra special, spicy done to you.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what you want.
Speaker 13: No, you're gonna lift me up, he said, He's gonna keep pushing me.
Speaker 9: It's Usher Raymond. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: If you're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 14: Donkey, I'm a Democrat, so being Donky of the Day is a little bit of a mixed so like a donkey here today.
Speaker 1: Club.
Speaker 2: Now I've been called a lot of my twenty three years that Donkey of.
Speaker 13: The Bay is a new wife.
Speaker 9: Yes, Donkey to day goes to a former where the music at Eddie can't. Okay, now we're talking. Go to a former target worker from Virginia named by zen Bear I think that's his name, who has been sentenced to a whole century in prison, one hundred years. I have no idea why judges be playing with people like that, Like, what is the point? Just sentence me to favil Okay, just sentence me to for all of eternity. Matter of fact, just let me ask the judge a question. Judge, am I ever getting out and the judge can simply say no period. Okay, anything sounds better than one hundred years. My brain can't even process that. If it judge gives you one hundred years, you should automatically be granted permission to run and swan dive over the desk at that judge. Okay, that's when you're supposed to make those kinds of leaps. But once again, as I tell y'all every other day, life is about choices. Okay, Destiny is not a matter of chance. It's a matter of choice, and Bazin Barr made a very poor choice. Now, today's donkey of the Day is a teachable moment because so many people have been faced with the challenge that Bizin was faced with. So many people every day who listen to the Breakfast Club have had to deal with what Bizin has had to deal with. Okay, but I bet you handled it better than he did. What are you talking about, cause Challah? Well, let's go to A seven's ABC seven News. ABC seven dues on your side for the report polease knew it?
Speaker 16: For a judge's sentence see an Alexandria man to one hundred years in prison after he killed his coworker in a target parking lot in Bailey's Crossroads. Back in twenty twenty one, twenty five year old bos And Berry killed Hernan Levia. During the trial, prosecutors argue that Barry planned the murder after his coworker took his lunch from the office fridge. Days later, Barry attacked the victim and stabbed him several times after their work shift. Barry plead guilty to first degree murder in October.
Speaker 17: Lunch, bro, you killed someone because they stole your lunch out of the fridge at work, because they stole your food out of the refrigerator.
Speaker 9: I understand sometime life is about principle. Okay, I get it. He thought you was soft. You had to show him otherwise.
Speaker 1: But now what You.
Speaker 9: Killed someone over lunch only to go to prison and end up being someone snack And you gave it because what else do you have to do over the next one hundred years? And he's only twenty five, little young tender. Okay, I'm telling you. People are sick out here all right. Folks need psychiatric help. So many people that are walking amongst us need to be under somebody's care. They need to be medical. I don't know what this man was dealing with. I don't know what he was going through or whatever it was. This situation puts him over the edge.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: You don't just go zero to sixty over a sandwich, all right. This must have been a meal his grandmother or mother cook, and he bought the leftover with him to work. This had to be some sort of comfort food like this food had to have some sentimental value, okay. That he had to be something that this man was looking forward to. And you had the audacity to steal it, eat it, and then just come back to work like it's all good. Called the man to snap.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: I can't believe I have to say this, but I don't care how disgruntled you are. There is not a chicken salad anywhere on this planet that's good enough to take somebody's life and get a century in prison. I don't even know if he was eating chicken salad, But wouldn't it be ironic if he did all of this for a toss salad only to end up in prison tossing salads for the next one hundred Yes, listen to me, though, man, it's a lot of things that's interesting to me about this story. But one that stands out is he thought about this when you read the report, he thought about this. It's a premeditated murder. He didn't look in the fridge and see his lunch was stolen. He went home, okay and said, well, he didn't just look in the fridge and see his lunch was stolen, and then you know, confront the man right there. He went home and said he spent the next few days plotting his revenge.
Speaker 1: Think about that. He went home for three days.
Speaker 9: And plotted his revenge. And this is why I think like meditation is so important, breathing exercises, having someone to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Mean to tell me.
Speaker 9: Over the course of three days, he couldn't let go of the fact that his tuna sandwich got stolen, his homemade pizza peanut butter jelly sandwich got took and he couldn't shake that off. This man had severe anger issues that he never got the help for. And that is the moral of the story. Anger resembles fire, and like the fire, if you keep feeding it, it will get stronger and harm you. If you stop feeding anger with your attention, it will fade away. This man held this for three days. Not one of those days did he have lunch. One lunch after the lunch that God stolen will remind him that lunch goes on.
Speaker 1: He was moving like he only had one.
Speaker 9: Lunch to live, and that's not how lunch works. Listen, we must be willing to let go of the lunch we planned so as to have the lunch that is waiting for us, not you basing, no, no, no. The lunch that is waiting for you right now is two mixed grain sandwiches, one roast beef relish and salad, our tomato mayo and salad, one egg mayonnaise in salad, and one serving a fresh fruit. That's what's waiting for you for the next hundred years. Dinner gonna go crazy, though, one maybe two blue vein sausages. Okay, that beef whistle you gotta blow on because it may be too hot. Okay, you don't even want to see that custard luncher for dessert. Okay, please give bazen Bear the biggest he hull crazy world are we living in, y'all? Mister breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 15: The Breakfast Club, owing everybody, It's the j Envy Jess Hilariy Isshalla mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in.
Speaker 1: The building, the legendary Jermaine dupri Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's having up, Jenny going on? Now let's talk about Freakney, this Freaknick documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Now, when making this documentary, you had tons of ladies and men scared that they were going to see their pictures, their asses on the screen. But it was it was well done. It wasn't done in a disrespectful way. It was it was so explain to it this documentary.
Speaker 18: How it came out, Yeah, I mean it came about I think Luke was trying to do this initially, and then they started having conversations about it, and Luke said, you know, he can't do it if I wasn't involved.
Speaker 2: And then when they came to talk to me about it, I said the same thing to them.
Speaker 18: I'm like, well, I wouldn't do this if wasn't involved, and they like, well we got Luke, so we got you, and I'm like yeah. So it went from there and then it just kind of just started moving pretty fast. And then I just wanted to make sure that the story was told from all perspectives because the people that was concerned about the ass is showing and all of that. They don't understand how young I was when Freak Nick was actually popping. So my perspective of Freaknick wasn't that perspective. I ain't see all that because I wasn't able to get into the clubs and all of this type of stuff. So my perspective was I was part of the street traffic. I was out in the streets, I was dancing outside the cars. I was on Pea Street. I was that was that was a part of freak Nick, and I saw other people saw Luke got a different story than other people. So it's just really important for me to see make sure that we made you see everybody's different perspective. How much did y'all have to water to duck down because of this laying mass cancel culture.
Speaker 2: Era that none?
Speaker 18: Because I mean you, I feel like, ultimately what people don't understand is this is black culture.
Speaker 2: Are you embarrassed by culching?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 18: Are you embarrassed that you went to a HBCU and this is how y'all act? If that's how you feel, then you should just change your color of your skin, because this is that's life. In Atlanta, we got four, you know what I mean. Where everywhere else got one, y'all got Hampton and one.
Speaker 2: We have four of them.
Speaker 18: So if you put all of that energy in one place, it's just what black culture is. Absolutely How did twenty one Savage get to be a part of it? I know that this was youall, Era, you and Uncle Luke, but how did hook up it? Well, twenty one he been doing his birthday party and the theme with his birthday party is Freaknick, even for the past couple of years. So at first I was like no, but then you know he lived Atlanta, he from well, I mean, you know, he's not from Atlanta, but he's from Base basically from Atlanta. So if you're from Atlanta, you felt the repercussions of something from Freaknik at some point.
Speaker 15: It's crazy because you know, going to Hampton. Of course, Freaknik created so many different gatherings right Philly, Greek Fourth of July and Virginia Jones Beach, New York City. It all started from Freaknick.
Speaker 2: But I just thought it was a party that a party that was created just for people a while out. That's what I thought it was. When when you were in college what you think it was.
Speaker 15: But the fact that it was created for students that didn't have any money was something you want to break that down because I thought it was created for a whole different reason.
Speaker 18: Well, I mean, that's what I'm saying a lot of people. I didn't go to college, so I can't you know what I mean. I didn't know that either. So the the person that's watching this, that's probably me that didn't go to college, that don't know nothing about that lifestyle. You don't understand that these kids that come from DC or New York or wherever they come, they go all the way to Atlanta. You think that they got money to just fly back home on spring break and just well back then, we didn't fly back. We would drive exactly. We didn't know what I'm saying. So it's like that's another thing that that this documentary shows of how unmanual we are as people. Unmanual, Yeah, unmanual, because we are as people because you guys used to drive. Now, when you think you're gonna see four girls from New York getting a car and drive to Atlanta just to have fun, no way, it's never their lines ninety You know what I'm saying, so it just shows you that type of stuff. And then like you know, so you you should see that freak Nick is like, oh, these were some kids that couldn't go home. They didn't know what their spring break was gonna be. Like they watching all these white kids go to go to then the beach and all this, and they got money. But these kids are stuck in Lanta. It ain't got no money. So they threw a picnic that turned into freak Nick. That's a that's an American black history story.
Speaker 1: Oh, people weren't afraid to be broke back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean you have no trust trust to be afraid.
Speaker 9: But no, nowadays, people confront right, so everybody can pretend to something that you can pretend to have more than you got.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to.
Speaker 18: I mean they still they, you know they they I mean, well you yeah, you know, I'll be saying, these girls go to Tuloom and I'm sure they sharing rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't matter like that didn't you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: It didn't matter like you would go to you know, Philly Greek or Fourth of July and Virginia and it'd be seven of us in the room, and nobody thought about it saying it wasn't we broke and be like, oh you got the floor, you got the eye, you take your quick shout.
Speaker 2: But that's what it was. It was all hanging out as brothers. It didn't matter. That's why I thought it was for me.
Speaker 18: That's why as we got into it, that's why I was like, this has to come out because people we don't see this in black culture. We just keep trying to make it seem like everybody got money and everybody do this and nothing. No, it was a time when none of that mattered, right, And I I liked when Jalen Rose was somethingbout how he got to Freaknick. He took his cousin car something, and it was just like, as long as I get a car, I'm out, we get into Freaknick. And that was the same thing with me. When I was well six, Chambe, I had just got my first car. My first car was a Valari, a two door Valori. Probably listening don't even know what that is. But it was an ugly ass car that looked like a Pacer mixed with something else, right, And I ain't care what the car looked like. I just was able to drive around Atlanta while this was happening, and that's all. That's ultimately what your The goal was, can you get into the freaknick, Can you get into traffic? If you're sitting at home and you can't get it, that's when you're mad. But if you have a car, that's what all. That's all it was about.
Speaker 15: It's crazy how how how they easily canceled black events right while you look at Daytuna Beach, you look at Miami spring Break, you look at where the white kids go for their spring break, and they wild out, they get drunk, they fight, and all types of stuff. But those events never get canceled. It seemed like they tried to tame it, but they just totally canceled freaking it, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean they had to because it was bad.
Speaker 18: I mean it got to a point now And I'm not talking about the misconduct with the guys and the girls.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about just the traffic and how the city was dealing with it.
Speaker 18: Because ultimately, these guys that was at they school, they started something. They never talked to the people in the city, so the city had no idea what was actually happening.
Speaker 2: When it got out of control.
Speaker 18: They just start trying to control it the best way they could, but they weren't even talking to the DC Metro Club, right, So it's like at that point, it's like Frankenstein. You're gonna created a monster and y'all can't control this. You got the only thing you can do is shut it down at least for a second and try to see if y'all can figure out how.
Speaker 2: To make it work. Did it ever come back? We tried a couple of years ago. Now I don't think.
Speaker 18: I mean, I think it could come back, you know, if people really really sit down and figure out how to make it into essence Fest, because that's basically what it should have become. It should have become the essence Fest of Atlanta, Right. But the traffic part of it that was.
Speaker 1: The most of the people who go to others now probably used to go to Freaking.
Speaker 2: All them black people was at Freaking.
Speaker 15: You just got to define the name because when people hear the name Freaknick, they think it's gonna be a yeah.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying we can get past that. We got Slutty Vegan now, I.
Speaker 9: Don't think it's too much cameras now, yeah, that's another thing.
Speaker 2: I think that that's that's the other thing. That's the only thing I would say.
Speaker 18: If you go to Freaknick, now, you gotta put your phone away because you have missed the girls dancing on the cars, like the fact that you was driving down the street and you were looking for everything. It's how you saw freaking it. If somebody down there doing this, you're gonna miss every So that's another thing you gotta you know. And maybe the hype of it and people saying it might make people want to see it. But I just think people are so like attached to their phones and they think everything is more important than their phone, as opposed and seeing what's happening outside.
Speaker 9: And how come nobody ever focuses on some of the women that went down there because they wanted to have a good time, Like they wanted to go out there and be loose and wild and liberated.
Speaker 2: Because you'reaking out.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, we talked about that, Okay, we let the girls talk about that, the show that they was grabbing the dudes.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 1: Ways both ways, we.
Speaker 2: Got more with Jamaine Dupre when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Good morning morning, everybody, it's DJ Envy, Jesse, Hilari Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Jamaine Dupre.
Speaker 9: You think Uncle Luke's music helped our hurt Freaknick.
Speaker 18: It helped between Uncle Luke and Social Based All Stars. That's the soundtrack of Freaknick, you know what I mean. And it was like I also think now with Miami shutting down spring Break and all that, it's the music. Nothing's making you dance, right, nothing making you jump on top of the cars. You see people doing it, but they doing it to music that don't really have that vibration. Right at Freaknick, the girls was dancing so hard and the guys was dancing so hard. You ain't had time to be worrying about nobody deside, Like the energy level was just too high, right, And I just think the Loop music, like I said, the social debase. Also, the music was making you dance in a different space and it made you think about you was like this and it wasn't You don't have time to be like hey, no, no, you know what I mean. We ain't come down here for that. We came down here to see these girls. Let's go see these girls. It's almost like the mentality of a man when you go to the strip club. Right, I go to strip club every week. You go to the strip club. Guys don't come in the strip club looking for me. They come in the strip club to see the girls.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 18: That was the mentality of Freaknick, And for some reason that's that's kind of lost in the space that we live in now.
Speaker 2: I just want to go see what other is wearing.
Speaker 1: We'll speaking of that.
Speaker 9: Speaking of that, if Freak Nick didn't come back to day, would you wear the boss Baby outfit?
Speaker 2: You were the super Bowl boss Baby outfit?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 9: What was what was the what was the inspiration behind that outfit?
Speaker 1: Gey?
Speaker 2: First of all, I had on a tux seed though with shorts very similar to what I.
Speaker 1: Have on to day.
Speaker 2: I have on a tie, a regular suit shirt and I got on shorts.
Speaker 9: It's very boised men.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean everything.
Speaker 18: And it's Vegas, right, you know what I'm saying. It's it's a super Bowl. It's the biggest event in the world.
Speaker 2: I could have went up there with the start jacket and started hat How regularly is that?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 18: Like I'm just saying, I think sometimes people don't realize, like, I'm in an entertainment business and I'm getting ready to do the biggest show of Usher's life, not in my life. I guess you want to say, We're going on the biggest stage in the world and I should be wearing a baseball cap and looking like a regular ass in the streets.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 18: Nah, I mean that's that was the thought behind it, right. So it was more or less like a while ago, like Enviewoman, we started this thing called the Ocean seven, right, and it was me Usher, John ta be Cox All. We used to go to Vegas and we got dressed and we'd be dressed up. So I wanted to actually have a piece of that in what we was doing that you know, we in Vegas. Like, you don't go to Usher show. I seen you at Usher show. You was dressed you and you know what I mean. You don't go to Vegas with your football on. You just don't do that like you did to get people talking. Basically, No, I didn't do it to get people talking. I didn't even think nobody was gonna pay no attention to it. I had on a tux seed though with a tie in a regular shirt. The socks threw people off.
Speaker 2: They were talking about. They't they didn't care about the tucks they were about.
Speaker 18: They were talking about the socks, right, and the socks once again, the socks. I understand why if I keep saying something about the socks because they do look like I guess what they say the Bobby socks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they not did. I don't have nothing to do with that. They don't look nothing like that once you get up on the socks.
Speaker 18: Like I said, it's just I don't know. It's my man's line, right. First of all, that's another thing for relse.
Speaker 2: My man ain't doubts man.
Speaker 18: Right, I don't notice it. So in support of my homeboy line. I mean, I wasn't even thinking about it. You know, it just happened. But I mean, listen, I put my first group out of nineteen ninety two. I was trending in twenty twenty four. Yeah, y'all can say what you want to say.
Speaker 9: Still got number one records. What did US's Super Bowl halftime performance mean to you?
Speaker 2: Everything?
Speaker 9: As the architect, really the architect of us yet we're being honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything, It means everything because when we made my way.
Speaker 18: The discussion that he and I had making that record was that he wanted to get to that space, and once he got to that space, he wanted people to realize he did it his way. That's how that whole album came about. So for me to be in that seat and watch it go from my way to this, I probably was the most proud. And then at the same time, I mean, you know, he did six of my songs on It's you know, it's not a bunch of say crazy, They had six of these songs performed on Super Bowl. I argue with somebody up here the other day when when they heard Confessions, right, younger person and they were like, yeah, he wrote confession. I was like, you know, confessions about Jamine d that Jamaine the pre wrote that that's factual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so yeah.
Speaker 18: So I mean I wrote you Make Me Want to, I wrote My Way, I wrote nice and Slow. I wrote Confessions. I wrote you Got It Bad, I wrote my Boo. I wrote all these songs. I mean, you know, people be like breaking it down when they when they talk about it and they say confessions, but nice and slow, all these songs I wrote, you know what I mean, Like, so it's just the story of Confessions, I think took over and it was like I was that guy.
Speaker 2: I was the person that was in that position. But it happened right when he broke up with Chili, so people were just assumed that he was writing it about Chili.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but that was yeah for something. Yeah, And I mean even when writing it, I didn't think about I wouldn't even think about that. You know, you just go to the studio, you write songs. It's not even about I mean, sometimes you have a motive behind it. But we was trying to just follow up.
Speaker 12: I know I was.
Speaker 18: I was trying to follow up you got it back. It just came off eighty seven to one and it was a big album. So it was like, what y'all gonna do this time?
Speaker 1: Is us the biggest jewel in your crime?
Speaker 2: Mariah Carey Song of the decade?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that man Pasion was a monster.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean, he's definitely Well, let me say this.
Speaker 18: Rolling Stone said that Confessions is the R and B the number one R and B record of this twentyth first century, right or twentieth century or whatever it is, twenty first century. So I mean, if that's the if that's a true statement, then I guess so, I mean that's a big record, that's a big statement.
Speaker 9: Do you think Atlanta as a whole is getting documented properly?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 18: That's why another reason why I want to make sure that this documentary gets the stage that is on. Shout out to Hulu Disney mass Appeal for actually allowing us to finally tell our story on this stage. Because just the first story from the South that's ever been told. And when I say that, I said that at south By Southwest, and people was like what And I'm like, what, what's the what's the Atlanta story that you know? What's the Southern story that you know? You from the South? What stories do we have that people know about the South? Besides atl is not a story of the South rise and the culture hip hop. This is the first time that we get a story about our culture and how outcasts popped.
Speaker 2: How why you know, social death?
Speaker 1: Oh damn?
Speaker 2: Why Luke said bank head and scarred? What was the reason for that?
Speaker 18: Like you ain't never wondered? Like he from Miami, he talking about bank here it bounce like why he was saying that?
Speaker 2: Freaknick? You know what I'm saying that?
Speaker 18: And this the first time that, Like I said, the South gets set that look, Hollywood never felt like our stories was important.
Speaker 15: If Freaknick never happened, would Atlanta music blow up as fast as it did, No, Because what's that little thing with the you know when when when you put the little roach trap down and the roaches get in there and they go back to the They yeah, but I'm saying the raid.
Speaker 18: But it's a little trap that they show on TV and they take the food back to that.
Speaker 2: That's what Freaknick was for the South.
Speaker 18: People from Virginia, people from New York, people from Baltimore, people from DC, people from everywhere came to Atlanta. The DJs in Atlanta was playing bass music, so so that Base All Stars, Luke Skywalker, blah blah blah blah. Kids went back to their hoods saying, Yo, we was in Atlanta, just they playing Atlanta.
Speaker 2: We was doing in Freaknik or they somebody saw the video.
Speaker 18: That's why the music spread that way, right, That's why it spread it in so many places because these people took it back home as if they had discovered some new thing that wasn't happening in the house in the neighborhoods. And at that point, if five hundred people go back to Virginia with their same mentality and it spread, then Virginia starts sounding like Atlanta, right or whatever that's you know, So no, it wouldn't. I think Freaknick was definitely our mixtape, you know what I mean. Freaknick was our mixtape that made people say, oh, it's going on down there. It's something, you know what I mean. So that's definitely it. We we I don't know what would have happened if we you know, it would have been a slower pace.
Speaker 2: How we got more with JD.
Speaker 15: When we come back, it's the breakfast Club, The breakfast Club. Yeah, when back we are the Breakfast Club. NVJS, Hilarius and Charlamagne the guy, we're still kicking with Jamine Dupree, he's here. I got a question, how bad was it when the labels it seemed like, you know, watching the doc I've seen Craig mac performing, I've seen Biggie performing. How bad was it when the label started touching Freakni? Did it commercialize it to make it worse?
Speaker 2: Not at all. No, it was all good.
Speaker 18: The concerts actually was helping because all these black people in the park, smoking weed, drinking, doing whatever they want to do, because if nobody was governing this, right, it was just you know, y'all just want to go do, go ahead.
Speaker 2: That's just how the city was open to it.
Speaker 9: And now you're about to turn around and do the Magic City docu series, right, Yeah, Magic City in American Fantasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know what it's.
Speaker 18: About, Yes, but it's also the same thing as a story about Magic City that I don't think people know. Like, the story of Magic City is so much more deeper than just a strip club, right, and how Magic figured out a way to make this one club a worldwide situation, you know what I mean. And then people always keep saying, they like, why is Drake involved? Because Drake is from a different country and he wants to come to a little bitty strip club in Atlanta. That's crazy. I don't even know how you supposed to think about that, because I'm not from a different country, but I'm saying to be in a different country, we in the United States, I don't want to go to I heard nothing about nothing in Canada that make me want to fly there on a Monday and be a part of it, right, this place. Is that crazy that it's made people in Toronto want to come to Atlanta on Monday.
Speaker 2: I think you have to hear about this.
Speaker 18: So it's just like I said, it's just highlighting things that happened in the South that we haven't we haven't had an opportunity.
Speaker 9: So what helped elevate the Atlanta music seemed more Freaknik in Magic City?
Speaker 2: Freaknik really yeah, okay, because.
Speaker 9: You always hear about records breaking in Magic City.
Speaker 2: And that was after the fact that by the way, that's me saying that.
Speaker 18: That was that was something that I talked about once again, Like I said, you got to remember, I wasn't in the clubs in a eighty two, eighty three, eighty four. I couldn't get in no club. So I wasn't even making music in eighty four. But so even at ninety two when Crisscross came out, I still I was only nineteen. I still couldn't even get into Magic City. So that period where I felt like the strip club became the mixtape was a later nineties activity.
Speaker 2: Before that, freak Nick was running the show I saw you.
Speaker 9: I think it was with Gail King and Carrie Champion and all them. You was talking about how if a woman couldn't understand you being in the script.
Speaker 1: Club, she wasn't the woman for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if that was a deal breaker off the time of really.
Speaker 18: Yeah, because I'm saying like, I'm gonna use you just as an example, if me and Jess was talking and she came to Atlanta and I said, we're going to Magic City tonight and then she was like, well, you know, I don't really strip club. At that point, you you have broke our synergy. You flew to Atlanta to stay at my house while I go party with my homeboys. Now when you when I really nice house. But I'm saying, but when I go to the strip as a woman, her mind's gonna start doing this.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I asked you to come with me so that your mind wouldn't do that. But you want to stay at home.
Speaker 18: And wait till I get back, and then come back possibly smelling like a strip club these questions.
Speaker 2: And then we're gonna have a beef.
Speaker 18: You it up from the jump or by allowing you to just stay at home, I should have just made you come. So I'm just saying, ultimately, if this is part of your life, this is part of my life. So you got to know that that's happening, that's gonna happen. It's interesting because when I was dating Janet, I try to not take her. I was going to ask you, but I fought it for the longest. I wasn't in the space mindset that I'm in right now. Because I didn't. I wasn't paying attention to it. Like the way I'm telling you. I was thinking like, oh, if I take her in, and when of them girls gonna tap me on my shoulder that i'dn't been with and she gonna know. And then I was thinking about all the bullet Nah, if this is what you do, what you did in your past is your past.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 18: Let me see what's happening. Why you want to go there every Monday? That's what her question was.
Speaker 1: Did she understand after she went why you wanted to be there every Monday? Yeah? Of course.
Speaker 15: Now what does JD get to tell his story and goes through it so people can understand what you've did, what you produced, the artists you've broken, and talent that you created.
Speaker 18: I mean, I think the freak nick Dot helps that helps me get into that space because for the longest the South has been ignored. It's just what it is, and I'm part of that cloth that's been ignored. You gotta think at nineteen, I put out my first group that everybody knows. I wrote and produced every line and every beat in the music, and they first single a top one hundred single.
Speaker 2: Right, how about Chris CRUs Kris Krust.
Speaker 18: If that was sports like football and basketball, they'd call me a freaking nature right. But the fact that it was the South, they treated us like we weren't even hip hop, like that's some gimmick. So then it made people ignore the fact that the person who ushered in young people rapping, if it wasn't for them as a young person, you wouldn't even know that it was possible that you could have a record deal. Who else has come out since bow Wow that you know? Bow Wow was the only other person that did it, and I put him out. So I'm just saying, it's the stories have been ignored, so somebody, you know, at least we get one story, and we got two stories hopefully that you know from that, it'll it'll get in test space so you can actually see it, and then people won't have this misconception about what they have about me.
Speaker 9: And you know, when people talk about you too, JD. They got to talk about the fact that Mace thanks you for being the first person to pay him is worth. You introduced Biggie, you know, to a land in a lot of ways, and then so who knows how that inspired him and JV with money anything. It was an introduction to the South in a lot of ways. So you got to get credit for that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but that's what I'm saying. It's like, like I said, it's been ignored. That's all you can do.
Speaker 18: Like I said, if I was in New York, I'd be the kid. I mean, even like today, you don't know a person. Y'all don't have a person. They can come up here this year that had its first number one record in nineteen ninety two and got a record that's number one today. You'll never you won't see nobody else come up here to this station this year.
Speaker 9: Damn, that's actually true.
Speaker 2: You won't know, not this year.
Speaker 18: I mean I don't probably won't have it next year either, But I'm saying no, my first number one record was in nineteen ninety two. I have the number one R and B record in the country today.
Speaker 2: You relaunch your social death.
Speaker 15: Yeah, as far as label what artists you have or you're looking for artists, I know you gotta go, but are you looking for artists?
Speaker 2: And are you putting the sign back up in Atlanta?
Speaker 18: And that says, oh yeah, I'm putting a sign back up. I'm not if I'm supposed to say this, but anyway I can say, I'm gonna say it anyway. You know, BMF comes to Atlanta or they're in Atlanta right now. You'll see in the BMF series that the sign codes back up. And at that point when that happened, I was like, okay, you know, as many as watch this, I'm I'm gonna have to put this sign back up because you know what I mean. So now we're gonna put it back up on an artist heep. I'm looking for new artists. It's just my you know, That's what I wanted. I one of the space for me to continue to keep putting out new artists. I love putting out new artists. I'm not scared to put out new artists, and I don't think nobody else could do it better than me.
Speaker 9: When you paid Mace what he was worth.
Speaker 1: Did you do that just the upstate? Did he?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 18: You know, when I pay people, I don't know. I don't know that I'm paying them more than you know. You know, I don't have that conversation. I just go after what I want, like if so, if I wanted you know, when I signed Harlem World, I wanted to make the deal because Mace kept telling everybody in every interview that he did that he came to Atlanta to meet with me, right, So I actually felt like I felt right. So I felt like when I missed Mason, he out here killing it. So I'm like, you know what, let's make this deal. And he told me what he wanted to do, and I didn't think about it twice. I just was like, let's do the deal. I ain't know I was giving him more money than he was.
Speaker 2: You know, I never knew that.
Speaker 15: The ladies and gentlemen, if you main't do freak Nick this Thursday and appreciate you brother.
Speaker 18: Congratulations money Long. Let me it is seems to be watching Congratulations Money Long. Number one record. It's an R and B song, no rap, number one urban record in the country.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: It's Jermaine dupri Yeah, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club owning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the j n V.
Speaker 15: Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. We got the brother Russell Fletcher.
Speaker 2: Welcome brother. It's a pleasure that found here this morning. Founder of Michika Premium Vodka.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I just found a master still.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I am the masters Stiller, Master Stiller of Mishka Premium Vodka. The company's name is This Life Forever. Something that I've held on to for a very long time. It's been kind of kind of my thing as far as just the way of life and also just being able to make sure that I could just promote good values, community based.
Speaker 2: We are alcohol driven, but we make.
Speaker 19: Award winning spirits and we try to figure out the best ways to be able to give back to the community and work in the community.
Speaker 9: Well, congrats on they say you're the most awarded black owned spirits brand in the country.
Speaker 2: That is a fact.
Speaker 1: Break that down.
Speaker 9: What's those awards look like?
Speaker 19: So so, the oldest Wana spirits competition in the world is the San Francisco World Spirits Competition. We're the only black owned spirit with a double goal double gold, this one gold, this one, multiple silvers with these, so, you know, and we just continue to get better.
Speaker 2: So you know, you take a.
Speaker 19: Brand like something that's more famous, you know, like an Uncle Nearest, our Uncle Nearest.
Speaker 2: They've won multiple awards. They are one of the top, you know, awarded whiskeyes.
Speaker 19: But at the same time, we've been getting awards since twenty sixteen when I first actually dropped Michia honey.
Speaker 9: What is it about the honey flavor? I you've heard about the honey fleet? Was that one in the middle, Yes, let me the honey flavor? What about this one that makes it stand up?
Speaker 2: There's no honey flavored vodka on the market that has the test of time. But that right there is the product that I created. First.
Speaker 19: I didn't want to just go all the way on the Tito's model, so I went with something that was exclusive to me first, and and that's that's been the hit.
Speaker 2: That's our flagship, and then we bought out.
Speaker 19: Then then then I went to the to the unflavored, which is also gluten free and kosher, And then I went to to Cranberry and now in the spring of the summer, we'll be releasing Mango and Passion.
Speaker 1: And y'all you hooked up with the NBA too, right in the seventy.
Speaker 19: Six, Yes, seventy six, and I've done multiple spots with the seventy six. Is it looks like via Ara Mark will be programming in Wells Father Center coming for the next season. Out'll be coming, which would be pretty good again relationships, you know, doing good in the community.
Speaker 2: We do a bunch of just a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 19: I sit on every single board, diversity board. I just try to just do the best thing that I could possibly do it from the community standpoint of it.
Speaker 2: Now, is it proble?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 19: Yeah, Like I said, you know, it's just like uh owning your masters and being an independent you know, so instead of my margins getting chopped out, our own distribution and as a company, we owned distribution not only in Pennsylvania, but we also owned distribution uh in New Jersey.
Speaker 15: Question, so why was it so difficult for Diddy? Didn't and he had his own tequil it and it seems like he couldn't get distribution. He couldn't do it himself. He was We've seen videos of him going liquor store to liquor store, and it seemed like stores really didn't want the product, right, because it was no distribution connected to it. Why is it so difficult for people to get their foot in the door, especially with him, because you figured, like with him, it wouldn't be a problem because he's Diddy And this was before the as you said, car crash.
Speaker 19: Right, So we're legitimately less than one percent of the market, right, just being minorities, right, We're legitimately less than one percent in the market. So again, it's the difference between what baggage your cat, right versus Okay, here's the story of quality, right, here's what our lineage is, Here's who our star face is, and that's got to be the way people get connected. I'm not saying you know, obviously you know that that people didn't want to be connected to Diddy, But there's the the Diddy angle and then there's the product angle.
Speaker 2: It's you and you got to be able to have that separate.
Speaker 19: I always believe that if you're going to take the product just because of the fact that I've got a celebrity, how many times are you going to buy that after the fact, you know, proposed quality. It's always about the the you know, the value proposition got you.
Speaker 9: And you're uh, you're you're connected with like music Fest.
Speaker 19: Two music Fest, so we are now so music Fest is uh, we need you to come out there and should come into Allantown. So we connected with music Fest roughly about about two three years ago. Became a small sponsor, blew it out of the water. The next year we removed another vodka sponsor that was there, got them out of there. Then it was us and Jack Dame's for the main stage, and then this year will we'll be with a partner the I don't think that we can say exclusive legally, but we are the partner that's programming all of the vodka for North and South Side. MusicFest does one point three million people a year, which is which is an excellent opportunity.
Speaker 2: Obviously to get liquid slips. That's been our model.
Speaker 19: We want to be able to get liquid slips in order to be able for people.
Speaker 2: We feel like we can win hands down all the way around by doing that.
Speaker 9: We appreciate and you got a partnership with Lehigh Valley Children's Hospital. Yes, how the hell did that work?
Speaker 19: So we're not giving okay, but what we are, but we are basically trading the sales for cocktails and it's going back into our local children's hospital.
Speaker 2: So that's a blessing.
Speaker 9: Well man, how do how do we support Michigan?
Speaker 19: I mean, look, we've got multiple ways. Our website is Musica Premium Vodka dot com. Where still again, like I said, we we kind of gave public goal friends just to be able to get folks like us involved. But also at the same time at drink Mishka is our handles across social media, so all those things are good ways to be able to kind of plug it and play for us.
Speaker 15: All right, well, we appreciate you for joining us. Russell Fletcher, Sir, Founder of Mishka Premium Vodka, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, brother, thank you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast slogan morning everybody.
Speaker 15: It's dj NV just hilarious charlamage and the guy we are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's time for positive note what we got.
Speaker 9: But it's really simple, man, for everybody out there that's always on social media, you know, trying to curate the perfect image, putting a filter on everything. I just want to tell y'all, y'all be so worried about image. You need to clean up your spirit. Okay, some of y'all need to clean up your spirit. Go through some damn work on yourself. I'm not out here, you know, pushing for therapy just because y'all need to go out here and find a therapist. Y'all need to find a spiritual leader. Y'all need to just really clean up your spirit because your spirit is disgusting and nasty. Have a blessed day breakfast club.
Speaker 13: You don't finish what y'all done.