Speaker 1: Oh my guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hello everybody, how you doing? Where are you been?
Speaker 3: Drink some water? Remember there's a solar eclipse happening at broy Welcome to another episode of Guys We Fucked.
Speaker 2: It's the anti Slutshan podcast. I'm Karen Fisher, I'm Christina Hutchinson.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Los Angelests, Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: What the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 2: Saturday, May eleventh and nine forty five pm.
Speaker 1: I know you're going to see you'rein Fisher and Christine Hutchinson to a live episode of Guys We Fucked.
Speaker 2: There you go. Look could you just meet Christina? Damage your voice doing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just I exercised the demon just so you can tell you to buy tickets.
Speaker 2: Netflix is a joke festival Saturday. They'll May eleven, nine forty five pm at the Regent Theater. We're going to be there. You know it's going to be a joke if you if you good tickets, we are exactly don't let that happen. Don't let that happen. We're on thin ice with Netflix. They've made it very clear they have a lot of power. They said, we'll throw you bitches a bone and let's see how you do with that on the bone. Yeah, we said we love bones.
Speaker 4: I love bones, daddy, thank you my whole life.
Speaker 2: I can't get a bone by myself. They need it. Okay, if you want to send us an email sorry about last night's show at gmail dot com. This email says, did I molest my brother and my cousin? The judge of that. I love this show. It's just such a light, lighthearted show. Hi, Corin and Christina. I love you both very much and have listened to you four years. Thank you for everything you've put out into the world and how much has helped me understand myself and the world around me. I made it like that. There didn't need to be. Y'all are the best. So I'm concerned that I molested my brother and my cousin. Okay, okay, just another Monday, baby, let's go, let's figure it out. This is my deepest, darkest secret that I've kept for years. I've never even told my therapist that was a way. That's been a waste of your therapy. Yeah, I know, I know. Why pay a therapist if you're not going to tell them every thirty years head.
Speaker 4: It's literally wasting everyone's money in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like logistically, this should be the only thing you're talking about therapy until you get through it.
Speaker 4: Yes, honestly, I've just been too ashamed, so.
Speaker 2: Everyone to the show. Yeah, it's taken me. Well, there is this thing where, especially when you've been with your therapist for a long time, like you do want them to like like you, respect you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird. Honestly, I've just been too ashamed. It's taken me years to even write this email. I'm glad he did.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you wrote it.
Speaker 2: I think I'm ready to share with my therapists. But I also would really appreciate both of your perspectives on this issue because I trust you both to tell me the honest truth. My brother and I have a large age gap. I'm nine years older than him. When he was around four and I was around thirteen, we were on vacation and a few times when we were playing together, somehow on our own, we ended up on top of each other in a bed, rubbing up against each other. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about it. I guess we were kind of humping and it felt good, and that was really the extent of it. We were in a bed, rubbing against each other, and it felt good.
Speaker 4: That's what kids do.
Speaker 2: Well, thirteen is a little old for this, though, I guess. I don't remember how exactly this happened, but it must have stemmed from me, since I was the older sibling. Yeah, I was just learning about sex, and I assume I wanted to experiment. I want to mention that I was a very late bloomer when it came to sex. I went to a fairly religious school growing up and wasn't even given a sex talk until I was in eighth Grade's if some people never get the sex talk, so I think a lot of people never get it. Yeah, yeah, so this event happened a few years before that? What the rubbing of the brother? No, she was thirteen, So how did that happen a few years before that? You're not It can't be a few years unless you're eighth grade and thirteen, or you're like, that doesn't make sense. You're hardly in the eighth grade, right, because you.
Speaker 4: Turned twelve and seventh grade. I remember turned twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean at the most you would be fourteen in the eighth innigrade anyway, I remember that as it was happening. I knew it was wrong, but I definitely didn't full out fully realize what I was doing. You didn't know that there was like a power dynamic going on because your brain wasn't mature enough to understand that.
Speaker 4: I imagine I.
Speaker 2: Think we maybe were playing house or something. Your house ship would go, do you know how body? How much of a horse? Seven year old mine year old Christina was like house was, let's play house.
Speaker 3: We would play a game called boy Girl and we would get on my friend was a year older than me. We would get on his mom's like exercise bike, and he would like we would like you know, on the Titanic when Leo's like holding her from behind, like he would do that, and I'm like, it was the most alive I've ever felt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no fucking game is The game of playing house when you are young is more disgusting than any porn you will ever watch as an adult. I concur house is where it's ass. Anyway back to the Okay, I think we were maybe maybe playing aside, So don't worry, girl. It's also funny to grow up and know what it's actually like to live in a house and you're like, this is not knowing as.
Speaker 4: Kicky as I had helped my imaginary house was way more fun.
Speaker 2: Yo, I really wish Okay, all right, So I think we were maybe playing house or something, and then we wanted to make a baby, and I had maybe recently learned that this is how you do it. Yeah, I don't fucking know, to be honest, a lot of this memory is fuzzy, slash hard to remember. All I know is that this happened a few times, and then one time my brother asked me to kiss him, and I remember a light bulb going off in my head that this was weird, and then we never did it again.
Speaker 4: Good even though he asked.
Speaker 2: If we could play this specific game together because he was registering it. Was he registering as sexual? I think he was registering it as this makes me feel good in a way I can't explain, because I'm four. I like feeling good. I am four, I think as far as it went, but yeah, I mean, it's good that you stopped that because you don't want your brother to associate feeling good in the way that he did with a sibling.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel so ashamed about this though, because I also remember that This is when I realized that rubbing against somebody of something slash some one felt good. And it's disgusting to me that I figured this out while experimenting with my little brack happins. And then when we go back got back to vacation, I remember hanging out with my cousin female who is three years younger than me, and I asked her if she wanted to play the same game, uh, and the same thing happened. A few times. We rubbed against each other, and I remember it felt good, but after a few times we stopped doing it. I think I figured out that my brother wasn't the right person to be doing this with, but I was still curious and it felt good. So I thought maybe my cousin would be interested in playing this in quotes game. My cousin and I are very close now, so I've been considering talking to her about it and seeing what she remembers. I mean, my yeah, my first thing was going to be like, hey, how about you talk to the people that this happened with first, Yeah, because odds are they might not even that's not even it might not be even.
Speaker 3: Be a blip on their radar. Yeah, And you've been so ashamed of this for your whole life. Yeah, think of all that energy.
Speaker 4: You could have saved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that one bothers me a little less because we're closer in age and both females. So I feel like maybe that could be considered childhood experimentation. But my brother and I are nine years apart, So I feel like a fucking predator. I was the older child who should have known better and known this was wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, and all your energy is also going towards self if you want to talk about so you're having this whole monologue, I feel so guilty. Me me, me, me, me, Just fucking check in with the person who you think you're scared you would affect it immediately, okay.
Speaker 4: Because maybe you'll find out there was no damage done. Yeah, that's the immediate thing to do.
Speaker 2: I was the older child who should have known better and known this was wrong. Also, to clarify, these situations were always with clothes on, but in a bed kind of dry humping because it feel good.
Speaker 4: A lot of my childhood, I just you know, and.
Speaker 2: She was in parenthesis. Gross. You might ask some questions about my parents. They definitely didn't know this happened. My mom has severe anxiety and my dad is pretty emotionally distant, and they never really gave me a sex talk. That's unfortunate, but none that really matters here. Yeah, other than making me feel like sex was wrong and we shouldn't talk about it. That's relevantly. So I got most of my quote sex education from friends and TV movies until eighth grade, when my school gave me a sex talk. Okay. Also, all this over explaining you feel so guilty about it that you're like, it's overwhelming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and once you get rid of this guilt, I think you're I don't know how your life is right now, but I feel like it'll get a lot better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Although that talk was steeped in religious bullshit and abstinence messaging, so it wasn't really that informative other than shaming us deeper into thinking sex was wrong. So my questions are, did I molest my brother? Did I molest my cousin? Am I a predator? And what should I do about this to the people you affected? Do I need to talk to my cousin, my brother? I know I need to tell my therapists, but I'm scared about the repercussions. Ak, how she'll judge me. It's therapy. If you're judging yourself to mine, you have to be your fucking and that includes being good and bad like honestly, just you're wasting you want to feel guilty about something, feel guilty about you're wasting you.
Speaker 4: In your therapiest time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love to hear your thoughts as two people I trust and are willing to discuss these taboo topics. Thank you for everything you do. Sincerely, Did I molest my brother?
Speaker 6: So funny?
Speaker 4: We've been doing the show so long.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is not a taboo to me in any way. But I think we talked about a while back, like like Lena Dunham wrote a book, a memoir I think maybe, and then she was talking about like being experimental like sexually, but kind of in quotes because it's like kids don't really know about sex, but they know exactly what Quinn said, like when you rub your body against something it feels good. A child doesn't have the social wherewithal to go that's wrong.
Speaker 2: They don't. We don't have shame yet. It's about to get embedded at us, but it's not there yet. So we're kind of freely expressing it, which is like this beautiful thing, you know.
Speaker 3: But I remember when Lena Dunham wrote that book about and she was talking about her little sister, people were like, Lena.
Speaker 2: Dunham's a predator. It's like, no, she's fucking not. Child's sexual experimentation.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I want to call it that, but like this is what every a lot of kids do it, and I think that, like I had a friend who was a year older than me that I would do it with. We played a couple hot games of house many times. And then I remember a girlfriend of mine that was similar and maybe I was like eight.
Speaker 2: I remember one year I asked her if I could like.
Speaker 3: Scratch her butt, because that's what me and the other kid were doing, like you know, like just like nice like tickle, and she was.
Speaker 4: Like okay, and then I did it.
Speaker 3: And then there was a there was a period where I felt guilty about that, and then I.
Speaker 4: Was like, wait, you didn't do it. It's okay. It's like it's fine, it's okay.
Speaker 2: You scratched a butt, scratch your butt, and you go on to scratch many more butts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love getting my butt.
Speaker 2: Scratched, so I mean me personally. My thoughts on this are okay. Let's start out with you're not a bad person, and I think that's something you've been grappling with a bit.
Speaker 4: Do I think you did something wrong? Actually I do, thirteen, unless unless.
Speaker 2: You have a developmental disability. I do think that you should know not to dry hump a four year old. Call me crazy, but that being cool.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they were wrestling, because like siblings, wrestle with each other all the time.
Speaker 2: This is pretty specific, I mean, and it's okay, And I think that's why you feel this immense skill because I think you know, and I think you knew then, and that's why you stopped when your brother started responding.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Do I think this is something you can't come back from, something you can't heal, something you can't both heal from.
Speaker 4: Do I think it's something that has damaged him long term?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, oh no, all those things. Do I think you did something wrong when you were thirteen and you should have and you know, knew better on the time, and you continue doing it because it made you feel good. Yes? Do I think you are a bad person. Do I think you are a predator? No, No, not not edophile. I think I think you're fucked up, and you're continuing to fuck up by ruminating on this instead of taking the steps to heal and to have.
Speaker 4: A conversation with both your brother and your cousin.
Speaker 2: I agree, I'm less concerned about the cousin one, although I don't think I think your rationalization of the fact that you're both women making it okay, I think that is that actually like societally damaging ourselves into that when in the you know, gay community, there's a lot of seeing, you know, sex issues going on.
Speaker 4: So we've had that trick you by women who wanted to take photos with to make it better. Let me tell you how I do that.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, I mean I just say, yeah, immediately move forward and have these conversations. I think if you're like if you're gonna feel guilty about anything.
Speaker 4: Like feel guilty about like so you're not letting.
Speaker 2: People heal because you're worried about what your therapist thinks of you. That's the grossest part of this email to me. It's not the fucking dry humping the four year old. Yeah, you made a mistake when you were thirteen? Was that inappropriate to I think you should have known better at thirteen. Yeah, because because you know how I rationalize in my head though a thirteen year old would be hired and left to babysit a four year old, that that really is what? Yes, one hundred percent, I think a twelve year old would be. I guess so, And so to me, it's like you're a teenager, you really should be.
Speaker 4: You know, some some thirteen year olds are many.
Speaker 2: Thirteen year olds are actively participating in sex, you know, and I know you know, and I know you're religious, and that's fine. Again, let's displaying gain this s guilt. It's a waste of everybody's fucking time and energy at this point.
Speaker 4: And that's the part that's kind of pissing me off about this.
Speaker 2: Do the work to.
Speaker 4: Heal and to make sure everyone that you fear you.
Speaker 2: Affected is okay, because right now you're in a place or yourself. And it's also so me, me me. That's the gross part about it is the me me me me, me, me me me me. Okay, all right, you felt that you felt whatever you felt, Move fucking forward, have these responsible adult conversations with your brother and your cousin and your therapists, and let's heal these wolves. That's the end of it. You're not you're not a bad person for the rest of your life. You're not predator. You don't need to put yourself on a list. This is just so fucking dramatic. Yeah, don't do the work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, there's there is a little bit of an error of like not romanticizing. It's a little bit but yeah, yeah, like dancing with it a little too tight.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this has probably been your whole fucking identity at this point, and you wasn't predator.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you've not told anybody about it except us and now the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's okay, Yes, it's okay. You're not a bad person. You made a mistake.
Speaker 4: We all make mistakes, we all do things that are not great.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You know what bad people don't do. They don't ponder whether they're a good or bad person.
Speaker 2: So there's one sign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, they're romanticizing for sure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, after you come see us in Los Angeles, well before that, technically, if you're in Springfield, Missouri, I'm headlining the Blue Room Comedy Club March twenty second and twenty third, for four shows total. My debut stand up album, Good Girl Barbara, is now available for you to listen for.
Speaker 2: Free on Spotify or you can buy it if you want.
Speaker 3: But what I really love is if you signed up for my Patreon It's patreon dot com slash Christina Hutchinson, and for five dollars a month you can hear my group Zoom Therapy. Well it's share a pie because I'm not a licensed therapist, but I host them once a week and I upload the audio and it's really cool. People just get to the point and there's no small talk, and I really appreciate it. And I always leave these zooms feeling better about humanity, which is there's not a lot of things in my life that make you.
Speaker 4: Feel better about humanity, but these zooms are one of them.
Speaker 3: So I would love it if you signed up Patreon dot com slash Christina Hutchinson, And.
Speaker 2: If you want to listen to my solo podcast, it's Without a Country. We talk about the news in an accessible way, right, I think like sometimes we think about the only accessible news, meaning using words that we can actually understand, not high end political jargon. Is Fox News, and I think that's unfortunate, but I do think that they have seen success because their news is accessible. You don't have to have a college degree, and I think that's a good thing. We don't need the news to be elite. We need everyone to be able to access it. And that's what I'm trying to do with Without a Country Podcast.
Speaker 4: So listen to that on Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: It comes out on YouTube on the Without a Country Podcast YouTube channel, as well as anywhere you listen to podcasts. And then my stand up tour, I of the Tiger Tour twenty twenty four featuring Chloe La Branch.
Speaker 4: I am doing a fourteen city stand up tour.
Speaker 2: It's all new material I reaperves like a couple of jokes that you might have heard before, but overall like a really new hour and it's fun and I'm proud of it, and I think you're going to have a fucking great time. A lot of these are one nighters, so buy your tickets now. Okay, I'm doing like one nighters because I just don't I don't, I just don't know. You spent a weekend in Tampa. We're being quite honest. Okay, So these are the cities I'm going to starting April seventeenth, with Tampa, Florida in Miami, Florida April eighteenth, Atlanta, Georgia, April nineteenth and twentieth, Columbus, Ohio at the Funny Bone. Excited to be back April twenty fifth, Raleigh, North Carolina, April thirtieth, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May first, Boston, Massachusetts, May second, Portland, Oregon, May fourteenth, San Francisco, California, May fifteenth, Sacramento, California, May sixteenth, Seattle, Washington, May seventeenth, Houston, Texas June twenty seventh, Austin, Texas June twenty eighth and twenty ninth, and Salt Lake City, Utah. You are starting out my birthday weekend on September twenty sixth, so fucking bry it, fucking bring it, bring it like was this past year because I'm I'm still mad at them about that shit. Salt Lake City, I love you, and that's why I feel comfortable starting my birthday weekend with you, But by those tickets.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I love Salt Lake City because the Mormons are fucking.
Speaker 2: Wild, the former more wild, and You're like.
Speaker 4: This is very fun Yeah, this is very fun. It's very fun.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get your opinion on this Instagram post. It's from Jake Woodward Woodard mm hmm sounds like I'm saying wood and I'm from PA. I want to shout out his handle. It's Underscore. Jake w O O D A R D. His bio says helping nice guys and quotes discover their masculine edge and enhance their relationship with women. And then he also says marriage, family, traditional values. So you know, we know what that's code for, go to the kitchen. But I'm curious what you thought, because I'm like, you know, some of these dating coaches, I'm like, I they they'll say things and I'm like, oh, you fucking backwards ass. And then sometimes they'll say things that I'm like, I don't think those backwards Actually think I agree with it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people say things They're like, I don't want it to be true, but I fucking noticed, And I know if you want to succeed in dating, you've got to do these things right.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So this guy, this guy, Jake, says it's a man's responsibility in the relationship to protect his woman's femininity. He does this by removing the masculine responsibilities from her as much as possible. When a woman is loaded down with too many decisions, tasks, work, and leading, it pushes her to be more masculine, being a strong man who leads the relationship that I don't like.
Speaker 4: You create an environment.
Speaker 3: For her to thrive in her femininity by protecting her from being masculine masculinized.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, I mean what I.
Speaker 2: Think about that is, I think if you if that's a way for what's his name, Jake Woodard, for Jade not to have a wife who's a bitch. Yeah, if you want a wife who's not going to act like a bitch because you stressed out, Yes, that's accurate. Do I think it's necessarily you have like no, Yeah, and a lot of those things in there that that's like, I like doing a lot of those things totally.
Speaker 3: And I do find myself like loving when I feel the most like I'll feel very feminine in my relationship at certain time.
Speaker 4: And I really I love it.
Speaker 3: And then he says it's a woman's responsibility in the relationship to be a place of peace for her man. She does this by being a soft, warm place for him to land when he is done fighting the battles of his day. When a man is constantly being challenged and criticized by his woman, it pushes him away and causes him to lose attraction.
Speaker 4: I mean, no one likes to be constantly criticized.
Speaker 2: It's awful, it's chip, it chips away at you. But being a soft, feminine woman who nurtures her man, it's like, okay, this is where you lost me, Jake, and shows him respect and appreciation. You create an environment for him to love and cherish you deeply. Okay, So what do I think this would work and make a man like you? Yes? Do I think ultimately a modern woman would be happy by following these rules? No, I certainly would end. Yeah. I mean that's a little that's a little scut for me because, like again when we were talking about the uh uh Getting to ide book, a lot of those concepts and like things that are just in currently true for a lot of women in a lot of men, or the feminine role and the masculine role I do agree with and like that is part of the dynamically, But what I think more so is not that the woman. You know, the woman has to play one role and the man has to play.
Speaker 4: Role one role.
Speaker 2: What I agree with that I don't think Jake would agree with is that you just have to decide who's playing what role and then stick to those roles, Like you can't both try to constantly butt heads and be the masculine. But I also think that if the woman wants to be the masculine and the man wants to take the more feminine role, that's fine as long as you have agreed upon that. Yeah. And then again, of course there's my favorite, which is more challenging, but I found people that it does work with, which is like the people who can flip yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because I that's that's where I really am my best self and I can flip.
Speaker 3: That makes the most sense because everybody, regardless of your gender, has like a masculine side and a feminine side. Like sure, there's so many times where I feel very manly and I fucking love it, Like if I'm working on a car, i'n't.
Speaker 2: Done that in a while.
Speaker 3: But like like when I drove the Mustang, honestly, I felt like a fucking dude, but in a great way, like it brought out my masculine side to me that I just I loved it so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because for me, like even though I feel masculine a lot, it doesn't make me feel like a man, it makes me feel like a powerful woman. And that's also like, you know, isn't that kind of unfortunate ingrained misogyny in and of itself? Right, Like to feel like we associate feeling powerful with feeling like masculine like that, I don't think that needs to be so. And I mean, obviously I know like how to feel powerful in the feminine, but a lot of times that is intertwined with sexuality, and I know I wish it didn't have to be.
Speaker 4: You know me too, me too.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Also, I will do an internet theme today, so there.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I've talked about her before. There's she's the slum Flower on I love her Yeah, on Instagram. She's hosted the slum Flower Hour podcast, one of my favorite just feminists and podcasters. And so she did a speech at Oxford University that she posts online and I wanted to play this too.
Speaker 4: Should we hook this in via bluetooth?
Speaker 1: Eric?
Speaker 2: I was gonna do it myself, but then I was like, there's no transcription here, and I'm not going to sit here and transcribe the whole thing. And she has also such a beautiful accent that we should just listen to her say it. Yeah, if you do the broadcaster mmmm mm hmmm. All right, I just want to make sure this is not too loud, you know, let me know when you're connect right, I'm connecting, okay, connected to let's see bluetooth. Is it recognizing it? Okay, I didn't see.
Speaker 4: Or if you want to give me send me the video I can.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think my phone just doesn't like connecting to it. Just go to the Sunflower. It's the first pinned one on Instagram. Let me make sure I can connect to Lauren's MacBook pro. Okay, what if what if we just actually we should send inspirational speeches to other women? Yeah, because we're always getting unwanted dicks. Well what It's funny because the woman out of stairs for me, I know, she sometimes listens to the podcast. So sometimes I'm like, maybe I should drop an early clip and see what see her feedback? Nice?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: It remixed with the slum Flower. Okay, so it's this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so ready, yeah, moving and so.
Speaker 6: My work is all about encouraging women to dream beyond being loved by a man, because the reality is, if you are in love with yourself and you are living a life that you have chosen and not settled for, the love will inevitably find you. That love will never in any way compare to the love you already feel chills because you've set that foundation, and the love that could come from any man, no matter how amazing he is, will only be an external.
Speaker 2: Addition charting down man.
Speaker 6: And so it's important that through this conversation, hopefully we leave with the opportunity to confront and interrogate the ways that we understand love as it is fed to us to do. Also identify the ways that we use love as a way to distract.
Speaker 4: Ourselves from a personal purpose.
Speaker 6: The partner that you feel is for you, there is always going to be more work to do. And so, in the grand scheme of the conversation of women's sacrifice too much for love, I do believe that the biggest sacrifice.
Speaker 2: A woman makes for herself the.
Speaker 6: Sacrifice of her own self, her own identity, the version of her that she could be outside of making I want to cry for the opportunity to be loved by someone who barely is changing anything about himself in order.
Speaker 1: To be a woman.
Speaker 2: They're time, yeah, will always interrupted. And the best part of this is that, and she pointed out herself, the best part of that is that she she gave this incredibly moving speech with a shirt with her titties she was, which was so great. So I think there was a couple of parts of that. But for me specifically, I think the part that I wanted to really talk about is that we use love as a distraction from accomplishing things in our personal lives. Right, That's not exactly the way she worded, but pretty much fed that.
Speaker 4: And we've been fed that. Yes, that's the other part.
Speaker 2: And so I think so often, and I mean I was even just like watching a clip of Alfred, an old vintage clip of Sir Alfred Hitchcock, not my Dog's film director accepting. I guess it was like I don't know if it was a writer Academy Award or one of those. It was like a fancy dinner ones ones with you know, life lifetime achievement types ones And he gives us really beautiful speech and he's like, I want to thank four people, and then you know, spoiler alert, the four people are actually these four different, really significant roles that his wife has played. And his wife was not someone who stayed at home and his wife, well, his wife was a extremely accomplished screenwriter and editor. And then he also attributes her to being like a wonderful cook and then you know, raising their child, right, and so she, you know, was a part of the industry.
Speaker 4: But even seeing that, you know, he says, I want to share this award.
Speaker 2: With her equally, and I love that, And of course, for the time period that they lived in, that was pretty groundbreaking.
Speaker 4: But it is still it's like, so why don't we know?
Speaker 2: Why why am I sitting here in twenty twenty four talking about Alfred Hitchcock's wife? You know?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 4: Why is her name?
Speaker 2: Not every fucking person knows Alfred Hitchcock.
Speaker 4: We don't know his wife's name. I can't even actually remember it right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, right, And so yes, it's lovely that he's sharing the award with her, But as if we're talking about like who gets these accolades, who gets the respect of whose memory lives on, it's not Alfred Hitchcock's wife's memory lives on with her, right and so it's you know, with him, but not in society, to only those who knew her directly. Whereas Alfred Hitchcock never met that guy. I went to his fucking apartment in in you know, England, that's how much I love him. Well, I heed my dog after him and again roundbreaking for the time, you know. But but still so it's a I think, yeah, I think we have been tricked into thinking. And we've talked about this a little bit before conceptually, but that like love and finding a man and gaining the love of a man, gaining that even sills coming out of my mouth, is such an achievement that we don't we don't even need to achieve anything in our personal lives. We've already achieved it if we found a husband.
Speaker 4: And I consciously stunts a lot of women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just see so many women supporting men through these amazing achievements, and I go, that is lovely, and yes, of course that is part of partnership. But why didn't you personally achieve any of these things.
Speaker 4: Like you obviously had it in you?
Speaker 2: And there must be this fear in us that's like, Oh, it's it's easier. It's easier to support a man, and he can and he can be the kind of face of our couple, even though I'm putting in most likely probably the harder work. I'm not doing the fun work. I'm doing the harder work raising kid and helping him emotionally and supporting him and being there for him during these you know, pitfalls. Like it's I just think that we don't even realize how much we're robbing ourselves as far as the personal achievements.
Speaker 4: You know, it's so interesting too.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking of now, Like all the sex workers that I have talked to, they'll say they'll they'll drop a client, meaning they won't no longer work with that client, if the like. And I've had this conversation with so many sex workers like, yeah, I stopped working with this guy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, did he do something wrong? He just wanted to.
Speaker 2: Talk to me and dump on me, and I way rather just fuck him. Sure, And I'm like, wow, that really does speak to like, you know, what is the atmosphere like in your relationship? Like it's a really good thing to interrogate from time to time, what's the burden to It's actually not you needing to fuck all the time. You've tricked yourselves, or maybe you haven't. You know what, Actually men are very smart. They haven't tried themselves into anything. They know exactly what they're doing. I'm like tired of this conversation about men being stupid. Is men go along with it because it's it's what they've weaponized it because it's it's it's more convenient if we think they're stupid. You're not stupid. You're very fucking smart. You've built the entire world. And I'm on fucking onto you. I'm fucking on to you's got you pay? Yeah, I love there's very you know again, there's very few people that I really like to see on the internet that go, Wow, that person is doing some groundbreaking work, thinking about things in a way that I love that can make me a better person.
Speaker 4: I fucking love the slum Flower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love her y.
Speaker 4: She's fucking fantastic, ratible and I'm.
Speaker 2: So glad she gave that speech with her teddies out. I love it.
Speaker 4: Who else lovest out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well yeah, our guests, our fucking guest.
Speaker 3: Yes, We've had a lot of stand up comedians on guys. But when we say this guy is a legend, this man comedian, this man is every think of your favorite stand up comedian right now, guarantee you our guest is probably their your favorite standup comedians, favorite stand up comedian.
Speaker 2: He is just he's a comics comic. He is a legend in his own and he's such a legend.
Speaker 4: He's a the number one person on my to do list.
Speaker 2: Which is it's a tough list to get on.
Speaker 4: Is a list I made when I was a teen.
Speaker 2: But that will say legal, I can't really actually remember eighteen, guys, shut up, I can't. I might have been sixteen, but for the purposes of legality, let's say eighteen. I need it to do list. And yes, it was a list of men to men I wanted to fuck. And Dave Hotel has been for you know now, years and year decades, number one, number one, number one fucking one.
Speaker 3: His new special Hot Cross Buns is out March twenty six on Netflix. Ladies and gentlemen, please give a very warm welcome to Dave Hotel.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me and I love the new location.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I knew I knew by the look in your eyes as he walked through the door. I'm like, he's happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Get any closer to the Quinta? D about scandal? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Scandal happening at the Laquinta.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, A lot of murder, a lot of murder.
Speaker 2: I was I was watching a documentary about docuseries about what Times Square was like in the seventies, just the mere seventies. Hookers were of sex workers were being murdered in hotels. But the filth, the filth of Times Square.
Speaker 3: Like the with the booths, with being able to go. First it started at watching porn. Then it was peep shows, people was touching the titties.
Speaker 1: Eventually had that and they had live sex shows as well.
Speaker 2: Right, and then all the men just became heathens, and then there was crime and so well.
Speaker 1: That is a romanticizing of it. But a lot of it was a smelly, dirty thing. But it wasn't expensive like now, you know, this is before pb panera bread. I mean, sure you could go see a sex show, but you'd have to walk miles for some bread. Right, So you got to take the pluses and minuses of it. You know, you want a green salad, you want a green salad. You're not going to get it there in times you're sure you're going to get a vicious fisting, right, well, you're not going to get a delicious salad made in front of you by a grumpy person wearing a.
Speaker 2: Mask that makes it taste better. I've never been fisted, though I've not I've been fisted. You have, Yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Explains that outfit. You're ready to go.
Speaker 2: But we never had a fisting episode because you know, what fisting is not what you think it is. It's not taking a fist. Well it's what I thought it was taking a fist and punching, you know, just putting it up there. It's just this, it's just fisting is just wide fingering. Okay, well but but but but they they do have sex boys that are actually a full fist. So I'm like, if it we're just talking about these four fingers, then yeah, that I that everyone's tried to do that. Yeah, yeah, but that's not that's I feel like it's more. There's more because Margaret Show has gotten whole fested.
Speaker 1: Oh what about the spock? Have you done that?
Speaker 2: Never?
Speaker 1: You have it that live, long and processed.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: That's like you like an arety convention.
Speaker 3: Or are you separating two fingers in each hole or are you getting in there like a tampon and then going we spread your wings.
Speaker 1: I mean, how long we've been there on the air now? Twenty seconds right right at fisting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean you ask for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just it just happened.
Speaker 2: You're right, were you? Did you live in New York with Times Square was like a dirty horse?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, No, I was there in the in the mid eighties eighties, and that's when it still was like that. And then a couple of years ago, I believe his name was Bloomberg, said we're gonna bring in all this business. They're all like, no, don't do it. And then everyone got used to it and they're like, it's pretty good. And now we're kind of on the other side of it where it's like filthy dirty again, but not.
Speaker 2: Fun, right, I mean, we can all agree that it's.
Speaker 1: Filthy and dirty, but not.
Speaker 2: A fun hang here, literal dirt.
Speaker 1: It's real expansive, it's kind of creepy, dangerous, and you know, it's not like it was back then. But I'm also very old. So for you guys, you're young. Do you find this exciting these times?
Speaker 2: I don't think they're very old, nor do I think we are young. Correct?
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, as you say that, are you self fisting?
Speaker 4: Okay, there's something that's sitting.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just had my OCD tics are really bad having to sit in the same position for a long time, So I'm just trying to make this the sitting more interesting.
Speaker 1: I like the outfit.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank you.
Speaker 1: For it's nice. Yeah, I was there when it was pretty uh pretty. I would say that it was uh it was the end of it, you know, like almost like it was the end of the comedy Boom. Was also the end of like that kind of filthy New York. And a lot of it had to do with not just that people were like, you know, hey, this is immoral. It was just like the rent went up, you know, all that happened because there was like low cheap rent and like all those DVD erotica shops, you know that there's only like a few left, but back then it was like pretty much every every other one, and like, honestly, that was always the weird end of the night, you know, where it's like you're drunk you're gonna go buy a porn. You have to buy them. You can't just like download it or anything like, there's nothing like that yet. So you're buying them, and it's like you and just other sad dudes in there, and then the guys who run the shops who kind of look like I can't.
Speaker 2: Believe voter killers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you ever feared for your safety in New York?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think I always jumped once or twice. I really don't remember, you know, during the drunken days. But you know, now, I think it's a different level, you know. But I'm always wondering if it's Is it because I'm old, I'm a homeowner now, you know, Like you know, do you walk.
Speaker 2: Around telling people that is it? Like a son? Yes?
Speaker 4: I usually walk your finger a ring and engagement.
Speaker 1: My butler does, have my announcer do it, my publicist. But no, I was like, you know, I wonder it was because I'm it's like, I'm past all that. And look at the young kids moving here, because you see him like in the village on the weekend and they were all dressed up having a great time past that. Yeah, So that's the thing. It's like you know it's a like a Sex and the City thin. Can I reference that reference on this show?
Speaker 2: Never the first person bring it up exactly and I.
Speaker 1: Remember their fisting episode. I believe it all had to do No.
Speaker 2: Have you seen every episode of Sex and the City?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't, but I believe my husband has.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I think when you're on the road and we're all road people, like there is that like you know, you have to watch the TV of the comfort in of the les and they always have like a Sex and City marathon. It's like comforting. You're like just laying there in a strange bed. Yeah, watching the Lady Brunch.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Nice? So you great? Yeah, right, go ahead. So more New York questions. What do you guys think?
Speaker 2: Well, I've been pondering lately.
Speaker 3: How whenever I'm out, you know, doing spots at night, there's always this group of like twenty somethings and they're always so eager to just be here, you know, and.
Speaker 2: It's really sweet and I and it makes me reminisce on. I miss that energy.
Speaker 4: I don't like my friends and I like, don't drink.
Speaker 2: We stopped drinking. That's really like I had the beer last night. But I'm like, wow, I really loved drinking.
Speaker 3: But then I look back at all the time the fun I had, I was just getting so fucked up that I couldn't realize I wasn't having fun.
Speaker 1: Well, do you feel like, like as I do, that I missed the fentanyl wave. I really think that I would have that would have really, you know, I also think that the ones that we see in New York. And I didn't realize this when I was young, but there's like, you know, these young kids are the winners. A lot of them went to really good schools. They're from money. They either like have a nice place or share it with like a roommate, and they have like futures. They have great jobs and they and they've also never failed yet, so they kind of like a walking around in this like hey, you know, it's world.
Speaker 4: And that's the definitely the attitude they have.
Speaker 2: When you were young, did you feel like you didn't have a future, Like when's the first time you saw a future for yourself?
Speaker 1: When I walked through that door? What's missing on this podcast? Creepy Wingman crept about comedy.
Speaker 4: You want to be creepy because you really want to be creepy and you're not.
Speaker 2: You want to identify why I showered.
Speaker 1: I don't do those wipes that are big with your your generation. Yeah, you have time to shower anymore. Is that what it is with the wipe?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why so busy because we away from ourselves.
Speaker 2: Know what else we gonna do anyway?
Speaker 1: Just what I want to say is that back in the day of comedy in the eighties, during the comedy a drought because this is the boom, so that was like when it was falling apart. And I used to play a club on forty third and between ninth and tenth and Hell's Kitchen called the Improv, which is now Don Giovanni's.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a restaurant.
Speaker 1: It is a great one. And if you go in that Don Giovanni's, just see a little plaque on the wall. This used to be like the birth of comedy. You can go in there, you could sit by, so if you want to go.
Speaker 2: That restaurant helped me through comedy because they had like a really good like pasta salad deal. Me and Frank used to go all the time because it was like a real meal, but it was affordable.
Speaker 1: We have one of my birthdays there. Everybody was like, hey, you know what, this is sad, but it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's good. I'm curious.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of comics that we know that got sober, and I got to see them both drunk and sober.
Speaker 2: But I've only known you sober.
Speaker 4: What is drunk?
Speaker 2: Dave like like drink for that show?
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, I drank a lot of Jaeger and whisky and all that kind of stuff. But I'm also from Long Island, so drinking earlier.
Speaker 4: But since you were like ten, likely in.
Speaker 1: The fourteen yeah, yeah, you know, the boorn Mintzville was kind of the start of it. I guess I don't know, but I would say that those days, like, honestly, booze is one thing. Every comic now has their own tequila or vodka. So what are you guys? What are you guys rolling with?
Speaker 4: Like what our drink of choice?
Speaker 1: No, Like, if you're going.
Speaker 2: To create a brand like Sam and Mark, they have a they have a liquor, yeah, but we take a cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they have their own. I believe it's a it was vodka or something.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought it was a brown rage but whatever, it's cool as tequila. They're like Kylie Junner, tequila.
Speaker 1: Is crowded field, It's it's very crowded. You got up against George Clooney.
Speaker 3: I would call my tequila like pussy juice nice, you know, something like that could a hook.
Speaker 1: Let's do mean it, let's get that. Let's buy that today?
Speaker 2: Yeah right now? Yeah, I like that pussy juice with lime nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, order but fun to drink.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, lick it up.
Speaker 2: But some wait, but you.
Speaker 1: Were part uh no, I mean we bar drunks mostly. Yeah, Okay. New York had a lot of great bars then where it was just like going in beer and shot it. But I think, you know, this is before Soho House and all that kind of Uh, there's always a late night feel here, and that was why a lot of people lived in New York is that, you know, there was the bar and then there was the after party and all that kind of stuff. So that's what going on. I assume it would anymore. Though.
Speaker 2: I used to know the place to stay out until seven in the morning regularly, Like I was pretty big partier. And now it's like everything closes that too. Since Yeah, post COVID, I used to really blows.
Speaker 3: I used to hang out at Fat Block Pussy Got until like five in the morning all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's but that's kind of like a half club too, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: But I guess I assume ount in Brooklyn or something like that. There's probably something like that going on.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm sure there' probably something going on somewhere, but I don't know where it is.
Speaker 3: I'm not using like I'm not going out to party, but I'm also not using that time to sleep.
Speaker 2: I'm just at home alone. Up. Yeah, that's blows.
Speaker 1: Once you're like I can't Yeah, that's me. I'm never what do you.
Speaker 2: Do with that time?
Speaker 3: And it's like, God, you got to figure out what to do. And I like, I'll read and then I'm like, that's.
Speaker 1: Good if you can read.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watch documentaries with no endings and just like crazy stuff and with no ending try and also throw things out. I think that's always fun.
Speaker 4: Later, it doesn't that feel noisy?
Speaker 2: Like I like to clean late at night too, but I feel like sometimes the cleaning and the going through the closet gets too noisy. Living in an apartment, You're a good neighbor, Yeah, we are.
Speaker 3: I'd never considered. The only thing I won't do it late at night is vacuum. I'll do everything I.
Speaker 1: Do that I do laundrelate at night too, and that's very like it's almost like therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one's clean clean stuff for tomorrow. I've ever done my own laundry. I don't even know how to work the machine.
Speaker 1: Wow, A one of those scared street camps.
Speaker 2: Responsibility, grow up.
Speaker 1: I don't have any fun.
Speaker 2: It didn't seem like you did, like I spent last week. You're fine, like your ati.
Speaker 1: I love hanging. I love the comedy hang. I think that's one thing we can all agree on that. Like, you know, there's two parts of the job. One of them is the doing the comedy and the other one's getting to hang with comics.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people listening in there are comedy fans right now. You've got some super fans, and they get it that we all kind of get each other and it's always fun to hang and like talk material and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get a lot of writing done.
Speaker 1: You know. I would say that that's the cool of New York, where it's like, you know, there's a lot of comics here, but there's also like a lot of a community, you know what I'm saying, kind of a thing, and as an old man of the community, it's great.
Speaker 4: You're o father like.
Speaker 1: On the movie The Beach, you know, I'm like that woman who kind of says the rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who gets kidnapped or whatever?
Speaker 1: I forget. It's been a while, right.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you were on a vacation.
Speaker 1: I don't do that.
Speaker 2: I didn't think.
Speaker 1: I get on a plane when I land. I want money. Okay, how about you guys.
Speaker 2: I travel internationally for vacation. I agree a domestic travel has been ruined by comedy. Yeah, I'm not going anywhere like some people, and by means their weddings. This thing has been people have. This thing has been happening to me lately. I think it's because I'm like single in my late thirties, where people asked me to be their plus one to a wedding. I don't know the person getting married, and they act like this is some kind of an opportunity for me and I I would rather shovel horseman or for free. Yeah, exactly what.
Speaker 1: We should have been talking about from the beginning.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: You know, Louis Kat's very funny guy, work with them all time, close.
Speaker 2: Friend Herey especially just killed it.
Speaker 1: Yes, he has a special on YouTube. Check it out, very very cool. Yeah, and uh he got married and uh in La to great lady, great lady, and like that's where he's from. So I get it. But he got married on fourth of July, the worst travel weekend. And I keep going back and forth like I don't know if I can get out there, and I gotta get out there. I mean, I've been working with this guy and you know, I got to go and he's a friend. So it was like the worst travel weekend, and like I constantly would throw it in his face, like yeah, why why now? Why for the July? What about New Year's Eve? Why couldn't we do it on New Year's Eve? Yeah, I know, I'm saying, oh.
Speaker 4: Okay, I thought you had lost your mind for a second.
Speaker 1: And then I said to him, I go, you know, why even have a wedding?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And then you have a party and you can people can zoom in, you know, like in and out.
Speaker 4: You should have offered to zoom into his web.
Speaker 2: That would have been great because it's like you don't want to put your friends.
Speaker 3: You don't want to make your like your friend is essentially going, I'm going to have to force myself to go to this thing that I don't want to go to because I don't want this person to get mad at me.
Speaker 1: Well, I hate to say it, but I have a lot of experiences because in my twenties to make money I used to work as a wedding photographer's assistant.
Speaker 2: Really that's a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would do the batteries and hold the light. That guy. I saw a million weddings and how like how like intricate and like how how much stress the people are. Plus my parents owned a bridle shop, so I worked there. I'm on this whole side of the business. Wow, for the amount of intensity and money that goes into it, you could just have a party and you would like have a better time.
Speaker 2: That kills me is they're spending so much money to do something that's not at all unique, like as an artist. Like to me, the most hack done template thing is a wedding, even interesting weddings or second is take.
Speaker 1: Through what would be your plan? Go ahead for my wedding? You want? Okay, let's say you had to go ahead.
Speaker 3: I have my wedding to be an immersive theater experience immersive theater. Okay, it's an interactive theater, so it's like choose your own adventure and there's sets.
Speaker 2: It's yeah. I want my wedding to be a spectacle, really, but not to celebrate my love. I just wanted to be a cool immersive theater.
Speaker 1: Show smash room. Maybe people walk in and oh.
Speaker 2: Like in a wrecking room.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought you were referring to like an orgy. No, yeah, because I wouldn't want that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just want it to be like a weird I would want to be weird.
Speaker 1: What would people eat?
Speaker 2: I would I would reimagine my favorite food as child in an adult, like peanut butter and jelly, like a or a version of my favorite. That's great, that's a great man.
Speaker 1: Would you have a wedding cake?
Speaker 2: Not only cake?
Speaker 1: How about cupcakes?
Speaker 4: Not only cupcakes?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said no to that, because if I go to a wedding there's cupcakes there, I'm like, what's going on? Is this like a hospital wedding or something that someone gonna die? What happened?
Speaker 4: What is your preferred dessert.
Speaker 1: I like a big old wedding cake. That's great, okay, and then you put smash them in somebody's face. You know that you can't do that.
Speaker 2: You like the smashing of the cake.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems to be the thing that gets the most clicks.
Speaker 4: It's all about clicks.
Speaker 1: Would you write your own vows?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: In what language? Cling on?
Speaker 2: What would you Mandin and I would learn it to an old valaria? Well by Colin and I have joked like we want to.
Speaker 3: We basically want to if we were ever to get married, we want the whole thing to be a joke, like and none of it's none of it's serious.
Speaker 4: We would have a dog bar so people could bring your dog dog.
Speaker 1: To the wedding. And there's like dogs have to dress up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think so. And then all the men have to wear one of the dumb and dumber tuxes, either the red or the orange of the blue. And then the women had to wear a dress from the bridesmaids movies.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah right he is.
Speaker 1: Yes, wear like a kilt or something like that.
Speaker 2: No, he probably people from Yeah, I know that's meanless Scottish, but yeah's great about him.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy. By the way, here is that you already have the band booked.
Speaker 4: Because musical that would be fun.
Speaker 1: That's going to save you thousands.
Speaker 3: Everyone has a job to do, and he has so many friends that own bars like beautiful venues in the city.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I think we get married for free.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna throw this out there, and this might be better for your d reimagining deconstructing the wedding. How about do it in the round, wedding around that sounds constantly turning, constantly around, you know, and that kind of thing. Speed it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, it'll be very busy at the end. Well, we've talked about I forget which which guest it was, Oh no, maybe dance and Jermaine about how when comics worlds the center of attention when we go on stage and stuff, so like a wedding to us, we're like more.
Speaker 1: Of this because we're shut down, introverted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're selfish like that.
Speaker 2: That It sounds exciting for me, is the vows part. But that's just really doing stand ups.
Speaker 1: Now, would you do him standing or on city bikes?
Speaker 4: I would Oh, I love a dockt city bike.
Speaker 2: We do, like a stationary bike, but it's just one singular city bike docked and he's.
Speaker 1: He's holding you or you're holding yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I would Would you do the Vegas? Would you do?
Speaker 2: I hate Vegas in Vegas and I everything.
Speaker 1: About brides parties. It's like it's it's been taken over by other things. Now here's what I'm going to throw this out too. Would you do an outdoor ceremony? Because I've been to a bunch of those the cheap, But that's.
Speaker 2: Also a gamble with the weather. I don't want to stress about the rain stuff and the wind and then all your hair is blowing in yours. You put a lot of work into it with these curls, not ducks.
Speaker 1: It's always an attack of up at something.
Speaker 4: You saw one Instagram.
Speaker 3: I saw an Instagram reel of a woman getting married outdoors at a lake and a bear was eating a moose during their vows.
Speaker 2: Moose was screaming.
Speaker 1: It was that would be my luck? Terrific?
Speaker 2: You almost Oh, okay, have you ever been engaged or thought about and proposing?
Speaker 1: But I really wanted kids, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Now it could still happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're look at any this could happen.
Speaker 2: You're so much under right.
Speaker 1: I'm too young to have them still exactly ways I should really think about it. Yeah them, I think I would. I think it would be too because I already have my backup plan, which is, uh, you know, me and my child, we work a food truck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make the kid work from John David.
Speaker 1: Them, because I don't know what they'll be right, you know now I'm going to teach them. I'm not going to send them to school. He'll learn on the subways. He'll just go on the subway and learn how to fight and talk and sing.
Speaker 2: That would be fun. You think you could be part of your act?
Speaker 4: How about you adopted it and be a single dad?
Speaker 1: I don't think you can. I don't think. I think people think adoption it's a lot harder. As don't think a dog is tough.
Speaker 2: Now, adoption is difficult. But I feel like being a celebrity would be helpful. Not a celebrity, it could be.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm not but I how much fun it is through these sitcoms and stuff like how like you know he's a widower and he's raised in these three kids. It's not I bet it's a lot of work. I bet, But I'm just.
Speaker 2: Saying, if you want it, I don't want you to not live this lifetime without realizing that dream for yourself.
Speaker 1: I think we all you know, for I better start small with a dog. Do you have a dog?
Speaker 2: I do have a dog?
Speaker 1: And how is that going?
Speaker 2: Great? What kind of dog is its?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: No, he's like he's a rat terrier whipp it mixed with old Chihuahua in there. He's actually right here wearing a denim Jacket's Christina's dog. This is my dog?
Speaker 1: Wow? I like that. What do you think it was the first person to dress up their dog. I mean that had to be like a big shock to like this is like your dog is wearing a Tierra like.
Speaker 2: I was initially against it, but I never had a small dog, and he was. He actually would shiver without clothes on.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I love dressing.
Speaker 4: I love dressing my dog.
Speaker 2: So he has to wear like a hoodie, r a jacket sometimes the damn one that was a little bit more for a handsome boy.
Speaker 1: But I know, do you put them in a dog daycare or no?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I usually have him stay with a like a friend and I'm on the road. Yeah, the dog. I work from home mostly, so that's great.
Speaker 1: Your dog is really lucky. I hope they appreciate it because I walked in the.
Speaker 2: Neighborhood like a non brinary dog.
Speaker 1: You ever see like they have a window you can look into the door. Sure, and what are they doing in? They're having a good time. Now. They're all looking at the door waiting for their person to come. It looks like they're all like like just waiting. It's like almost like you know, they're waiting to see if they get to go to Harvard or something. Nervous. Yeah, you know, they walk around in circles like did I get in? And they just waiting for the first like the whole time. They're just like waiting there the whole time, like a dog jail.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a pet?
Speaker 1: Well, I have had multiple pets, but never as an adult because of the road. See, I don't know how you do it being on the road with these dogs.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have my dog a service license, so he comes with me on the plane.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love when I get on a plane there's a dog on the plane. I'm like, the only guy who loves that.
Speaker 2: I really love that too.
Speaker 4: My god, I'm upset. Like when there's a Golden Retriever on the plane, that's.
Speaker 1: A big one.
Speaker 4: Holy shit, I love it.
Speaker 1: I like the little ones and the like they're peeking out the whole time. Yeah, and then they get really nervous and you're like, what is it? Can he feel it?
Speaker 4: This is a boeing, isn't it?
Speaker 1: So one dog?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, like doubling up yet?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 4: One's enough?
Speaker 1: Is that a tell when you're when you're with a guy, if he doesn't like dogs, you're like, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever met a guy that doesn't like dogs. I have my guy who are who feel competitive with my dog? Really that's interesting. The dog has to get to like him, right, Well, yeah, my dog is usually like, well, pretty much like who I like after a certain amount of time. And he does like men because I guess they're smelly or something. But yeah, he I've had boyfriends like be jealous of the amount of attention I give my dog. Really not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I've been jealous about the amount of attention my boyfriend gives my dog before. Really haven't said that out loud before. Oh thanks for crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know what the fuck shut the fuck up ers do?
Speaker 1: Well? The dog knows you better than he does usually, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the dog will go up to My dog loves Scott, but my dog is very he he likes Krinn, Me and Colin. That's it.
Speaker 4: That's pretty much it.
Speaker 3: Those are the only people that he like will actively be excited to go see. But once he got into Collin's good grace, it took about a year. So you have to really earn earn the trust.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's uh, you know, I could totally say that because dogs, you know, they can they can see into our souls a little bit, you know, So that's good.
Speaker 2: I really want you to have a dog now, Yeah, baby.
Speaker 1: What other things do you throw.
Speaker 2: With a big Yeah? It's not met are always scooping up wives. It doesn't seem hard. I mean.
Speaker 1: It's too fractured. It's too much like a road and travel and not much.
Speaker 2: You're running away, Dave, you're running away.
Speaker 1: That is true because plenty of great love.
Speaker 3: It's great when you don't spend a lot of time together and you're in a relationship.
Speaker 2: That's amazing how many.
Speaker 1: People put up with that though. I love it, something like that's our lifestyle, you.
Speaker 4: Know, because it's like then you're not sick of each other, and then when you do get.
Speaker 2: To see each other, you're like, oh, this is nice.
Speaker 4: And then you're like nice.
Speaker 2: Sort of each other.
Speaker 3: Because I don't see each other often, You're like, I think this is the way to go. I think it's probably unnatural to live with a romantic partner. I think that's actually unnatural, really, yeah, And I don't think.
Speaker 2: I've done it.
Speaker 3: It's just you're not You're not meant to have somebody in your space all the time.
Speaker 1: It's weird because we don't have straight jobs, you know, like we're nine to five. It's a different story. So yeah, yeah, but I would say, my uh, you know, it takes up a lot of my time. Is my mom on primary care, you know, my mind's demandi and stuff like that, so it really takes up a lot of time. And you know, God bless her, she's hanging in there. And like that's something for you guys to think about. Is that, like, you know, enjoy your thirties and forties because when you get through your fifties. You know, you're taking care of somebody. You know, that's really what it is.
Speaker 2: I already did it. My dad already died. I got it. I got a head stars that. Yeah yeah, yeah, well I finished that with one parent. But yeah, no, I mean it was I broke. I was dating someone right after my dad died, and I was like, I can't, I gotta feel much I love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's honestly, it's very depressing. And it's also like, you know, you feel for this person because like they're there, but they don't know who you are. But did she ever really know who I was? We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Interesting question. My dad didn't have dementia, but so he suffered cardiac arrest and after that, when he was resusted, he had you know, a lot of brain damage and he came back as like an eight year old basically, and all his memories were lost.
Speaker 4: So similar kind of thing going on there.
Speaker 2: But what I found really interesting is that he maintained his sense of humor.
Speaker 4: Do you find that at all with dementia.
Speaker 1: Jom's an angel, like she really always has been, you know, Like, honestly, she's my idea of what a great person is like she always volunteered and it was always others before herself. She still is that way, and you know, it's just it's just very sad that, like, you know, so many people want to you know, be with her and and and you know, she had hundreds of friends, you know, so involved in so many things, and like now she doesn't really know who they are, and like it's really hard to engage with them when you're sitting there and all that. But I would say for her and all people out there, especially the other people who are dealing with this, is that you're not alone. And music is a big thing. Music is with It definitely hits a part of the brain that comedy doesn't. But music is the thing that like she can sing songs from like when she was a child.
Speaker 2: And my dad too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really it really is like amazing how that works. How your brain will remember music, you do you remember anything?
Speaker 2: And the first thing when I had like a glimmer of hope that maybe his like memories would come back, is he I played Hey Jude, and he completed the lyrics of Hey Jude on his own. Amazing because I started, you know, because it was it was kind of coming back, Like they said, the childhood memories would come back first, so I started with like his favorite band from childhood, which would be the Beatles, And then he also remembered songs from The Wizard of Oz too.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: So I was like that. But then after that comedy came back. I mean, like his his he is a very funny person and his sense of humor was like back, like I always said, he was telling everyone in hospice that he owned a porn shop.
Speaker 1: He didn't, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, how you remember all of that because that's so important for what he did?
Speaker 2: You know, No, he couldn't. God, I wish no I had.
Speaker 4: I had to figure that out through pieces of his.
Speaker 2: Email and notes and stuff he remember, like he would say things about that business, but like in broken pieces that didn't make sense to me, like maybe there maybe it was something that if I had, I guess known or because I know a lot about the business of baseball cards, but I don't know like sports. Yeah, well I hired someone to do that part.
Speaker 1: But you're a good daughter, you know, because honestly, it really is like my sister's another one and my cousin and like you know, we have a lot of good people like involved, but like I'm the guy paying for it and I'm the guy going out there, and sometimes there's not much you can do, and it really is like Long Island traffic is a sole crushing experience.
Speaker 3: And also just being with a parent who's going through that is just hard emotionally.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: That's not like, yeah, my partner's mother is in a home for dementia and that we went last Christmas, I think, and he brought his guitar and all the sales were there and we.
Speaker 4: Were all singing, and she was she just came back to life. And I was like, oh my god, that's great. It's really fascinating, Like, well can make them different.
Speaker 1: That's so cool that he did that, because yeah, that is something they can connect with. But I have were in a house with round the clock care and that's you know, these people are whoever does that kind of job? Can you imagine doing that? Like it's really really difficult, and you know, they take really good care of her, and like all I can say is that, you know, this whole thing of living forever, I don't know. I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: I don't think it.
Speaker 1: I mean, my mom was in hospital. The woman next to her is one hundred years old, so that's.
Speaker 4: Crazy, right, it's too long, very long.
Speaker 1: If the doctor came in and go, well, our.
Speaker 2: Lifespan too, I mean my ob g y n last for my last check up. She was like for someone like you, she's like, your lifespans like a hundred. Wow.
Speaker 1: You don't smoke or drink or anything like that, right, so you don't have any of those Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, And I was like I was like, okay, well that just me smoking. It made me I never never wanted a kid. And then I was like, well, I'm going to have so much time on that other end when I'm not.
Speaker 1: Fucking If you're going to live that long, you should get a parrot. You know how long these parts they.
Speaker 4: Will almost would freak me out a little bit. No, I almost got a parrot.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, if I wanted to shut.
Speaker 4: Up and it doesn't, I'm gonna be a pissed Now.
Speaker 1: People are dying and their parents like are living.
Speaker 2: On Oh my god, yeah, where do they go?
Speaker 1: When you talk about what you're looking at late at night? That's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: These poor parrots.
Speaker 1: Owners are dead and now people take them on. They have no idea what their name was sometimes or when they're talking about you know, I'm.
Speaker 4: Telling you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but that's a tough that's a tough uh yeah to have. You got to give them a lot of attention to like little kids.
Speaker 3: Is it hard to not get like like upset with a sibling that's not pulling their way even if they can't, you know.
Speaker 1: Like everybody can only do what they It's great when everybody is involved in it, but like, let's face it, it's tough. Further people are away, the more it's hard for them to connect. But it's also like puts more pressure on the people who are there, you know, That's what it is. But to be to be kind to everyone, I'd say that everyone is concerned. There's just like, uh, you know, a lot of there's a lot of stuff that's done. And that's why I'm very lucky with my sister. You know, I think her every time. You know, honestly, she's an angel. So you know, it is, it is what it is. But I think down down the road, like when you guys are you know, a little older, a I would probably be more of this like you have a thing you put over your parents' head and like you know, it makes them look like they're happy, and you can walk away and I think they're good.
Speaker 2: You can feel better about your.
Speaker 1: Wondering where you're going have fun.
Speaker 2: I'll be all right there laying their own filters, a headset that puts a face filter over them so they look like right, right, right? Do you feel a pressure like you're not doing enough?
Speaker 1: Always? Really a whole guilt coming at me all the time.
Speaker 2: I see, I did a really good job, Like I made sure that I would not feel that like I did.
Speaker 1: I don't doing everything I can.
Speaker 2: And that's wh I know you are. That's why I'm asking the country because.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid it might have to come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you have nothing to be guilty. Yes, where's the guilt coming from?
Speaker 1: I just feel like there's always something more where that could be done. And it's also, uh, like you said about I don't want to leave anyone else hanging, you know, I want to do my part right. I would say that, like you know, when you're not when you're not living with the with the parents, because this is new, the fact that like we have parents and a lot of my friends have had the same situation where like they either brought them into their house, they had a family and how difficult that is with somebody with an issue like that in a family situation, or they put them in like in a facility, which to me, I'm glad. That's the one thing I told my sister all the time that we didn't do that during the pandemic.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, we went to look at a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of them and we're like no, And I was like, I'd rather have round the clock air and it's on me, you know, I'm floating the bill. So I'm like, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you can rest easy knowing that she's in a good facility with good people, because that's the other thing if somebody was I don't speak to either of my parents, but of course if they were.
Speaker 4: To fail, I would I would.
Speaker 2: Well, that's you know, that's different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're really an angel, because like if you don't have connection with them, now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's you know, it's not whatever, it's mostly their stubbornness. But but then like even on that, like if they were to fall ill or to get to mention, they were in a home and if somebody mistreated them, Yeah, I'd lose my mind. I would fucking lose.
Speaker 1: Might have to make peace with them before that. Yeah, yes, we think differently. Yeah, I believe the earth is round. I don't know what their issue is, but kind of keep it very yeah. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, no, Well are you an only child? Do you have other kids?
Speaker 2: I have an older brother.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let's also make sure that he's ready to go with this too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we talk about he's he plays a little bit of a middleman role now, which I don't want him to do at home.
Speaker 2: No, he has his own family, he's got a son, he's yeah, but he's My parents stopped getting under his skin once he had his son, because I was like, how do they want you not to bother you?
Speaker 3: I mean when I'll talk to them, so I don't. I mean, I'm sure she would do the thing of guess I'm never going to have a grand kid, huh, Like, you know, whatever, It's fine.
Speaker 1: It is important to them, I guess.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's also like gives them a chance to like redo parenting and be seen as a good person in the eyes of a child.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'll tell you this times when we're me my sisters have kids either, so we'll be sitting with my mom or whatever, or like, uh, you know, we'll be sitting with them and the dog becomes the center of attention, like how's he doing? Yeah, I already had to go to the vet because there's no kids to talk about. It's not like guess who's in college. So having children at least gives you conversation starters with other people.
Speaker 2: That's the most.
Speaker 1: At the very least, that's what you get. Like I got to my kid's not feeling too good, you know, that kind of stuff an excuse.
Speaker 2: It's a conversation topic. You can do that with dogs too, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know. I'd say, like, if you're gonna do a special, people want to hear more about your kids than your dog, right, I disagree.
Speaker 4: I've jokes a lot more. I honestly, Joe's.
Speaker 2: Comedians start feeling when they start talking about their kids.
Speaker 4: I agree, So no one wants to hear it.
Speaker 2: Patrice oil them in the room a bit about he has about his pit bull, So fucking funny. Yeah, Likeser and Gaffagin are good with their kid material. Everyone else and I won't I won't need the bad kid material. But everyone else went soft when they started talking about their kids, and I was like, this is some middle aged casino bullshit comedy and I don't want to hear it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always felt like the crowd themselves are like you know, they're they're like away from their kids, but they love to hear kind of like, you know, hey, something else is going through with That's why I always thought that that stuff would kill I can see your side of it. I agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: I guess it's also you know, I had only been you know, when I was a comedy super fan. You know, now I'm in it, but like I was just too young to like. I'm like, I don't want to hear I want to hear drinking stories and fauchery. I don't want to hear how your kid kind of snot like yawn, I know.
Speaker 1: What you're talking about. But it seems like when you do that let's call it the seven o'clock on a Saturday show where it's mostly the families.
Speaker 2: You know, like the the couple.
Speaker 1: The couples are coming out, you know, yeah, like they're one night, you feel like they want to hear that, like you know, I you know, my kid is something, you know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there anything in life that you want to do and have it yet?
Speaker 1: M So it's such a great one. I don't know, just making noises, thinking, but making noises, know this, lots of stuff I'd like to do. I mean the states that I haven't even played.
Speaker 2: Yet, which ones?
Speaker 1: Guess Nebraska played it? Montana, no, you caught it? Yeah, I'm stand up. Is one of the guys that I know is played it contiguously. You got to play like halls or like you know, like oil rigs. You gotta do that kind of thing. It's a tough one.
Speaker 2: It's it's yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'd like to play Montana, Wyoming. I'm gonna be playing Mississippi. I'm going to be on bird Store.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never played there, And then I think, uh I played well, I kind of played Puerto Rico. I think I'm not a champion Ship, but I played Hawaii.
Speaker 4: You're not exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I remember being there for like the us L or something. So I want to say a couple of funny jokes, but uh, yeah, Montana Wyoming, I played that. The code is. I think so that would be all the states and I played Alaska. Have you guys been up to Alaska?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: I really would like it.
Speaker 3: Emailed my agent a list of my manager, a list of like places I want to go and a lot places like we do historically.
Speaker 4: Well, but I'm like, I want to go to Alaska. I want to go to Hawaii, like I want to go to all these places.
Speaker 2: Australia, I want to You've never done Australia.
Speaker 1: No, it's too long a flight. Yeah, and I can't leave the country. I can leave the country. So it would be really like a meltdown on the plane.
Speaker 4: I think that's what I would think.
Speaker 2: Like we have so many fans there and they keep saying when are you going? And I go when you make Australia closer.
Speaker 3: Or when you just hate me my first class and then I can at least walk around way to do it.
Speaker 2: And also if people ask so mental on planes, I'm more scared of the I'm not scared of me. I'm scared of the other passengerers and how they will start behaving. Like on an LA flight, people are acting like mania. Really there's always there's just people's behavior is always as bad, weird and elevated and not normal reactions to like bay now.
Speaker 4: Things, I can't handle it.
Speaker 2: I don't you do it.
Speaker 1: You go from here to l A, you do some shows or whatever. Then you go to Hawaii, okay, Then you go to Korea, South Korea, working down to Australia, it sounds. Then you go to Thailand or one of those places you know. Yeah, okay, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I'm away from my dog too long already, Yeah, it's too long.
Speaker 1: But that's the way that I was thinking, Like, you know, I can fly seven hours, I guess, so I was like thinking, how could I get down there?
Speaker 2: Fourteen long?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 4: Fourteen was fine.
Speaker 1: We flew through the USO like it was endless, like some of these flights, you know, these are on like prop planes. Yeah, holy yeah, what can I tell you? Like comis so international now, Yeah, when you see that at the COMMI celler all the time, it's like comics coming for all the world, and like the audience themselves are coming from all the world. So this is a great time if you love to travel. I was talking to a bunch of comics about traveling that like, yeah, you can actually get some decent gigs around the world. It wasn't always that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I was talking to my friend Casey and Robbie, they're both comics and they live in my building, and they were saying they just got back from Amsterdam.
Speaker 4: They had a woman to organize a tour Amsterdam, Germany. We have a lot of fans in Germany.
Speaker 1: Uh, that would be a good one.
Speaker 2: That's don't worry about being a draw. They just arrange it and there's a lot of like everybody speaks English, everybody.
Speaker 4: Like and they have like a guaranteed audience.
Speaker 2: It's just like American comic exactly. Yeah, you're not necessarily making money, but you're not losing it. You're like a little bit breaking.
Speaker 1: That's where that's where I have a problem, because like the whole experience of traveling that's great. You know, I'd love to go to the museums and the.
Speaker 4: Food, but like I got to make some you want to make money.
Speaker 1: I want to make some money. So it's either Deutsch Mars or cougarng you know, really, like an international comic.
Speaker 2: What's the number one country that you want to go to? Even if it was just for and I know you don't like this just for a vacation.
Speaker 1: That's for a vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like where's the place.
Speaker 1: I really don't think about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not interested in seeing the world.
Speaker 1: I can't. I would say that, like, you know, I've done someplace in the Mid East, but not really the fun places, so I would say that it was mostly for USO. But I guess I would go to Europe. I'd also I'm interested in Eastern Europe.
Speaker 2: Like I think that was Romania and it was incredible. He recommend I'm.
Speaker 1: Afraid of going to these places when you're sober, because these like it'll be great to get wasted at Dracula's palace castle or something like that.
Speaker 4: Pretty great sober too.
Speaker 2: I went with my mom after it was my college graduation present. It's I retraced the stuff that they take in bram Stoker's Dracula and I actually went to Vlad the Impeller's tomb the real law.
Speaker 1: Was it crapy? Was it scary?
Speaker 4: It's not scary.
Speaker 2: It's like gorgeous and phenomenal and kind of mysterious because you have to pay like a local person to let you canoe across the moat, like it's not easy to get to. There's wild dogs everywhere, like I love wild dogs. The only bad thing about Romania is the food. Everything else is phenomenal. The people are great, the place is great.
Speaker 1: Well maybe Chernobyl, you know, I have that you a half in there and then they yeah, but that's cool that you like when I can tell what year you went to do that, it was before the movie Hostile, because I got your tours have dropped off right after that. That really kind of hit the whole, like, hey, I don't want to end up having my or ganuit harvested. You know.
Speaker 4: I think it was like in two thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: How old do you think I am?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I figure you and your mom. You're out there doing these castles, right. Did you go to Bavaria any of those places? Lithuania?
Speaker 2: No, we just we just did Romania, Luxembourg, nothing. Just I wanted to go to Hungary because we're Hungarian. But it just worked out that we went on a specific tour that was just doing Romania and that was a lot, and that was but I would definitely go back.
Speaker 1: But I guess for comedy, I guess you'd want to go to England because they have like a love London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've done that stand up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I sold out.
Speaker 3: I got to sell out a theater by myself, like four hundred and fifty seats or something last time I was in London.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And then I tried to do it again in Ireland and not as many people in Ireland this, but god, that country is beautiful.
Speaker 1: It is really.
Speaker 2: England and Ireland. And then I think Scotland must be. I haven't seen Scotland.
Speaker 1: I haven't been there.
Speaker 2: Really, you haven't been to Scotland.
Speaker 1: Festival there too? But too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard though that's not a good like for comics.
Speaker 4: All the comics that have done it lately there, like.
Speaker 2: Every comic has been like the hell I wanted to kill myself.
Speaker 1: Well because it's all and it's a lot of like, you know, the same faces coming in kind of thing. But now that just for laughs is on pause or down, you know. Yeah, that used to be like the big adventure you go to Montreal or exciting, you know, to be more French enough, you know I'm talking about like they were like kind of cool, you know, stylish and everything like that. Yeah, half models up there a lot of half.
Speaker 4: Yeah hot people. A lot of trippers were really hot.
Speaker 1: I thought. I was like, wow, you guys are way like this is no you know, this is no, this is serious. What you guys do there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You guys take yourself to see.
Speaker 1: Something in the poutine? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Oh do you so? Do you feel like you have an obsession with working? Like is there ever a world work you die? Like Joan Rivers? Or like what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: I think that that's like what else are we going to do?
Speaker 2: I don't know what else do you want to do?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is there anything else that you want to do besides work?
Speaker 1: Well, I would like to get a web thing going, so like you guys have this great show.
Speaker 2: And the fans work Dave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like here's the thing, Like, now you're connected to these people, you know, so this is like part of your part of.
Speaker 2: Your you can what webcam? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Why don't you guys like involve this.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: Isn't there levels of that? Like you know, it's like a pool.
Speaker 4: There's any tawdry photos.
Speaker 5: I take.
Speaker 1: My part of the world. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I want force men to listen to female comedians without being nude.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is a very been very.
Speaker 2: Hard for me that way.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that, what about putting the podcast on like I did that Dave's old porn show, and I'm like, that could probably go on only fans.
Speaker 2: Now, so the Patreon, they don't have to be naked.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: No people use it as a Patreon, but I mean we have Luminary already, so we're already.
Speaker 1: On I don't even know what that is, so only fans. I just really got uh used to.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to isolate that and to be the promo. They're going to love that Luminary.
Speaker 1: So this only fans thing?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Correct, you see that as the future. Is this just another new thing?
Speaker 2: I think that's going to be around for a long time when women are making way too much money for that to go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you really think they're making as much money as they're saying, you know, for.
Speaker 3: Seeing the plane seats that they fly, Yes, they are making money. They are flying first class to places that I'm like, oh girl.
Speaker 2: You got mad.
Speaker 4: We interviewed a girl this was before only fans.
Speaker 3: She sold her poopa a tupperware container a couple of times, and she jarred her. No, she wasn't the farkle. She's sold something else, like pee or something. Anyway, she has two homes. She owns two homes.
Speaker 2: Wow, And I'm like.
Speaker 1: Damn, that is incredible.
Speaker 2: Being a woman means that, like all the things that we do for free on a daily basis, we could get paid for some dude will pay for it. Underwear, socks, panty, hilt, clothe anything yelling saying you pay for me, you pig, or something like you don't mean like anything too much? Yeah, note to pay pick culture.
Speaker 1: But I guess I thanks for the wake up calling this only.
Speaker 4: It's not going away an opportunity for women.
Speaker 1: I was thinking of myself as a second chapter.
Speaker 2: I love that for you about like if we could just cat like in.
Speaker 4: The middle of the night with Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be saves cam show you sitting but grudgingly at your desk chair.
Speaker 1: No, just red eyes staring back in the darkness.
Speaker 2: Especially Millennials, because we associate with you with nighttime because we all watched it insomniacs. So now you're a little person, right, yeah, and then so then now you're still in our homes again, but we have families now some of us.
Speaker 1: Well I think that's uh, that's great and to the fans out there, thanks for the support. But uh, this only fans thing. I don't know. I guess that I could totally see both sides of it now, you know, because I was like, when does this get funny? Because now it's all about this kind of like porn, you know, kind of grab you know, like a gold rush kind of thing. So when does it get funny? And I guess it will never be like a TikTok, you know, people want to see that.
Speaker 4: I think it was only fans ever meant to be anything other than sexual.
Speaker 1: Well show, it's an expression.
Speaker 2: They just produced comedy specials for like a bunch of younger comics in New York, just Whitney did. Whitney Cummings did something with them. Well she did, like the younger comics, Like I think was it. There's two girls I mixed up on. I didn name their names, but like, yeah, one of them I just did a special who's like kind of like an up and coming very okay, So maybe they're trying to branch out on Instagram and TikTok yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I see. Well, you know what, Hey, if a woman wanted to try new things. But let's face it, comedy is comedy, am I right? Stick to your guns.
Speaker 2: I agree. If a woman wanted to pay you for nudes, would you do it?
Speaker 1: No? I wouldn't do it. Yeah, I wouldn't do it because you know what, first of all, that's just the beginning of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then I got to listen to her. Then I got to read her screenplay. N Then I got to give her feedback.
Speaker 2: She wants a punch notes on the notes.
Speaker 1: She wants punch up now on these ship I don't know. I mean, let's face it, everybody loves when someone sends them as a sexy pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although like with women, it's hard for guys, like we don't want Like, guys can get a sexy pick, but.
Speaker 4: It takes a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have the brains speaker.
Speaker 1: For you girls right now about this whole thing. Then you would look at a good dick pic as long as it's not coming from your own house, like how did you get in there? I like more body, yeah, you more erotic man, just.
Speaker 4: The dick isolated alone. She doesn't doesn't do it.
Speaker 2: For me story, But you wouldn't want to see you wouldn't well, you wouldn't Well, maybe you would get a.
Speaker 1: Yes. Then you could fantasize the other parts.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's maybe that's the thing that draws you in the most, that you can make it up and fill in the blanks.
Speaker 1: But I like vintage, classic shots like from the Playboy Penhouse. I love that. Yeah, and I think there's a sexy I don't know if it's a filter or something like that that you don't see much in these times.
Speaker 4: Enty's photograph.
Speaker 2: Photography was very specific and seventies Playboy specifically. It was very glossy.
Speaker 1: The last time you actually saw both sides of a because then they stopped doing that, Like you never saw the back end of anybody anymore. It all became just this kind of like pictorial like layout like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so, no, nothing like that. Well, have you ever seen like really at the Museum of Sex. I went, like, you know, ten years ago, and they had a part of the exhibit was like really vintage. I'm talking about like eighteen hundreds like that. We just oh wow, people lifting their petty coat up. Have you seen that?
Speaker 4: I thought that was I've seen that, Yes, that was pornographic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lofting their petty coat up and like your but you see bush.
Speaker 1: Yeah that thing where you can move in and it's someone women the naked Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, right right, it's like I mean, just historically, it's always been interesting for us to see naked women. Honestly, I love I talk about it all the time. Do you know Sidney Sweeney is her brebies? Like? What do you like her about her acting?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 1: No, no, I know he's talking about but I've never seen that shirt.
Speaker 2: Her breasts put me in a good mood. Yeah, she's but her tits And I'm like, I totally get how like that I am how how I feel.
Speaker 3: Towards Sidney Sweeney's boobies, or how I guess how men feel straight men feel towards breast in general?
Speaker 4: They make Yeah, obviously.
Speaker 2: They make my day better. Really, what part of a woman do you like the best?
Speaker 1: I think everything you're saying is good, and I think that she really is she remember reading she said she said when she was younger, she felt like self conscious and that she's so glad that she you know, like lived up to with them. Yeah, like I mean honestly.
Speaker 2: She leaned into the tits.
Speaker 1: But for a while there it was like more of a people wanted more of a what is it called, like like no curves, that weird like that kind of thing. But I always held out for the boobs, you know. But I was like, I'm not like a big badanka doom, you know, a big butt, Like, I'm not that guy. And I always see those people on how comfortable they are with their butts, like they're everywhere. Yeah, it's like almost like you know, you know, the butt is another person that somehow is attached to them and it's everywhere, and like.
Speaker 2: Wow, a lot of fake butts now And you said never see them or maybe I couldn't tell, but now, oh I could tell fake as hell, which you know whatever.
Speaker 1: But a lot of guys are into.
Speaker 2: That, I guess. So yeah, but it looks a butt man, a butt man. Yeah though, yeah mine too.
Speaker 4: What any work done?
Speaker 1: No, not yet. I'm thinking about getting my knee done. I had my shoulder them these were like had to do. But yeah, job, I think it's gonna have.
Speaker 3: To be what it is'd be hilarious if you just got a nose job like well, I was.
Speaker 1: Thinking of my mom with the demension. Whennamigation comes out, she's got a new rack. Oh now, look, who could talk? I know that you'd be like, oh well, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Get out tree.
Speaker 1: Where did these come from?
Speaker 6: Mom?
Speaker 4: You were dying because we go, well, that is true that I love that.
Speaker 1: That's every man's dream. You can't remember there.
Speaker 2: It is good. I think it hits on a lot of things that we need to talk about, taking taking care of older women, you know, and boo boobies and this is beautiful?
Speaker 4: Did you ever think about getting a nose job?
Speaker 1: Really? Really? Okay? I was ugly as a boy and I'm ugly as a man, and I dealt with it years ago. I'm bald, I'm ugly.
Speaker 4: How do I deal with How did you actually deal with it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Did you go to therapy or something?
Speaker 1: No, but most of the wall told you what you were and you either dealt with it. Okay, you drank yourself Okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Wow, you're del.
Speaker 1: In the wellness world of you know, all the wellness of course, you can't even think about that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it isn'tnoying that you can't say anything disparaging about yourself it's like, let me have fun, let me live.
Speaker 1: I'm very, I'm very I've made peace with it. Fine, like when it's fifteen, I'm never going to be who was a big actor at the time.
Speaker 2: So and you're fine, And then you just decided to tell jokes.
Speaker 1: No, I this was not my dream to be a comical Back then. I didn't think this was my job. I was like, this is something I'm doing before I get a real job. You know, That's what I thought. You know, I thought I was going to join the navy. I had other jobs. I had all these different things going on, and I kept giving myself another year, another year, another year, and then like you know, I did open Mike forever, but I had day jobs all the way through. Whereas that's pretty amazing with these comics now where they can monetize their clips or something like that, so they never have a day job. That's that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So that you were just so undeniably good that you had to be a comedian.
Speaker 1: No, I was not good. I was not good for a long long time. But your class has been proven of it, and I'm still figuring it out. No, I don't think I don't think you know, I didn't feel comfortable doing it for the first seven six seven years doing it.
Speaker 2: You know, every shall under under three years into the game, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 2: Let's roll the love for documentary. No, no, no, do you remember he like that was one of my very close friends and he makes fun of himself, but he like it was like three years into comedy and he made like a documentary about no way serious. Yeah. I know that he's older. He just did an episode of his podcast roasting it. But like hesus, it was very serious at the debut.
Speaker 1: But these people have every set now on tape, which is kind of terrifying if you think about it. You know, if it leaks, well, no, just just that I think the web right away and then yea, even even their crowd work sets are up there out there, so there's really no like, oh I don't remember that one. It's like they're all up there. You know. It's like it's pretty amazing. I wouldn't do that, you know. I was terrible for so long and I'm still terrible pretty much every other time. So I like it. I like the think that, like, you know, each one is like you know, you're training for the next one.
Speaker 2: You know, have you ever done a show and you thought I was good?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that. I would say there's always like that, like man, I wish I had told this one, or like man, that crowd was really good and I had them and I should have taken this, you know. And then you know, sometimes I always coward out where it's like I really wanted to tell that joke and I was like afraid, you know, with the filter up, that kind of thing. But I love what I do, the job, and I also to be honest as an old, unrelevant person following some of the new people. You know, it's really kind of you know, it's really like to see if I can do it, you know, because at some point, you know, it's just like you know, you could see it in the eyes of the young crowd, like I think we've been here too long. They're letting up everyone.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, like talk, I know, fuck, when do you feel sexy?
Speaker 1: What when do I feel sexy? Do you guys really do that I feel very sexy to like ask right to horny.
Speaker 2: Don't think a lot of them, but sometimes they'll they'll they'll give up various answers, but yeah, they're there. It's they're never expecting that question, because that's interesting that well, I never I guess when I'm doing a pull up, like wow, I'm really like, you know, watch out, ladies. Are you doing a lot of pull ups?
Speaker 1: I'm trying yeah really yeah, I had a shoulder Injuram.
Speaker 2: Now I'm trying to like, yeah, maybe that you're gonna have yeah my.
Speaker 1: Son, or to hang off a ledge somewhere and talk me down. But I was going to say, so guys feel sexy, like, well, I guess yeah, usually, which I know what kind of guy it is too. It's the guy who wears shoes with no socks. That guy has to feel that way. Like I feel a little sexy, but I also have like a like a stomach issue today. Yeah, that's that's that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or also like when they're they feel sexy when they're doing their job well.
Speaker 4: For comedy, yeah, or providing your money.
Speaker 1: I think that you're your guy is sexy and he's a musician. So that's the double whammy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I never asked him when he feels sexy because I just know because I can tell it's like.
Speaker 1: Both he has both things and it's like, you know, I met a guy. He's really tall, but he's a magician. Okay, well that takes itches off of him. So that's what I think. I don't know. I do know one thing, like when I get off the because I don't usually tug went out on the road, you know pretty much really keep it, keep it all, you know, like keep the game face going, you know fight. Wow, it's old. But then I went home, I'm like, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: To like just mess really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my own bed.
Speaker 2: More fun in a hotel.
Speaker 1: Though, no, not that it isn't.
Speaker 2: And depending on the smells, I'm very sensitive to smells. It smells weird. I'm like, I can't there are weird smelly hotel shittier hotels. Yeah, mustiness.
Speaker 4: You gotta go to a kid and they smell nice. Kimpton smell Kimpton.
Speaker 2: They have a they have a the scent signature scent in the hallway.
Speaker 1: I don't like when, like when you go into a casino and they have that like weird cover smell for everyone said.
Speaker 2: That's incense. No, the Kington has like a citrusy something like in the hallways. That's nice but not overly perfume do.
Speaker 1: They also have a in the lobby a jug of water with oranges and.
Speaker 2: The dogs and they'll give you a dog bed because like you know, on the road and you'll know this when you adopt a dog, which is going to happen soon. Is yeah, like there's dog friendly and then there's like we put up with your dog. Both, you know, both say they accept pets, but like Kimpton, they give you a dog bed if you treat some other places to just like sign this form and I don't want to see this thing and put a sign on your door that says I have a dog in here so our staff doesn't have to deal with your dog. That's yeah nice.
Speaker 1: I don't like that little bed that's cut very cute, little.
Speaker 3: God Yeah, green khakis awesome, Yeah, black Cap.
Speaker 2: This is really cute.
Speaker 1: Dog hotel Ever was in Portland, Oregon, where they had like a little bowl there and some treats. I'm sure the place is burnt to the ground by now.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get a dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no way, damn. Anyway, Thanks for having me, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is great, So you're special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my special is called Hotcross Buns and you'll I think it'll I think it's got a little something for everybody, and yeah, a lot of jokes, a lot of tricks, and I wanted it to be short. Now I want to hear your opinion on this. I feel like the hour is too long for the audience.
Speaker 2: Now I agree.
Speaker 1: I've watched the special, so I'm a comic. I'm supposed to like enjoy every second of watching someone perform their crap. I'm also like, this is a long special, Like I can't believe it, Like I need a break and this person's killing, you know, and I need a break. So I felt for the audience, and so I wanted it to be like thirty seven minutes. And I thought I was like way ahead the game because a lot of people have done them in their thirty, like thirty minutes, So now I think everybody's doing it also like a little a little tighter, which is good for the audience. Yeah, but now I wish I did only thirty minutes a bit even better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think thirty minutes is a sweet spot because you just keep thinking about that special. Yeah, I just keep thinking about how you fucked up, and it's seven minutes too long, and you're it.
Speaker 1: Could be it could be like thirty seven minutes too long. It depends what the audience expect. It doesn't matter. After short it is, you know, but I think there's a lot of great uh. I did it at Cops in San Francisco, one of my fam I love that club, and the staff there is awesome. And the guy who is really like the hero of the show is the director, Scott Gallic, really really fun guy, and he gets me, and you know, I feel like he did right by me. We only shot two shows. There was a few technical problems, of course, but you know, the majority of it is is pretty much what I do. You've seen it, so yeah, I'm just hoping, you know, like the people enjoy it. Like there's a lot of comedy fans out there, and you guys, of course, thanks for the help on promotion and your fans. Honestly, we love like talking to you guys, but it's really seeing you at the live show, so yeah, you know, at your dates, that's really where it's like the real synergy happens. So absolutely seeing how I promoted you guys there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've managed to train our listeners to be like incredible comedy audience members really truly, Like the first time we went on the road, there was a lot of rhetorical question asking on our part, and then people.
Speaker 4: Were growing up in the aisles, a lot of drug usage.
Speaker 3: And we had to have a come to Jesus moment with our listeners a couple of times, and we're like.
Speaker 4: This we behave at shows. But then it's cool because I will have comments.
Speaker 2: On the show. I'm like, oh my god, your fans came to my show and and I'm like, yeah, that's wonderful, thank you for doing that. Of course, could we do some pictures yet all this has been Guys, We fucked the anti slot shamming podcast. We'll talk to you next Friday. Guys is presented by Luminary, created and hosted by Karen Fisher and Christina Hutchinson. Editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli. Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cozen.
Speaker 4: Stuck my wet ass pussy.
Speaker 2: Christina said before, but now it's in yea, let's keep it.
Speaker 5: On the south side. Just trying to take on my time. But baby, I'll come back to double cup and something that I'm not good at it.
Speaker 8: Now I've got plans on the inside, but I'm trying to see you to night.
Speaker 5: I know if you're son of me, I'll make promises that I can't keep.
Speaker 4: Oh you somewhere.
Speaker 8: Thinking I I can't be there.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorryycause my heart is faking me so sent of gold there. I don't want to put this pressure on my.
Speaker 7: Think about think about us, think about just give any boom just to breathe, think about me, think about think about us, think about just get any from just.
Speaker 5: A brain, think about me.
Speaker 2: I need a moment to.
Speaker 8: W work my brain expectations going a while on the left wing.
Speaker 5: I cut my eye is in the middle, left the other half.
Speaker 8: And the twenty tents among my attraction the talk sig Man dropped a few cents. E picked I my and my affinity life look getting down sex.
Speaker 5: When the album comes out? Oh you so thinking love me? I can't be there.
Speaker 8: I'm so sorry because my heart is faking me so fin of cool.
Speaker 5: I think it's on the put this pressure