Speaker 1: Dude, it's Friday. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. I was so loud.
Speaker 2: Followers at Brooke and Jeffrey like rate, subscribe, report us whatever you want to go, don't care.
Speaker 1: I am so happy. That was a lot. Yeah, my happiness you plus Jose together. I just need to warm up a little bit, catch up.
Speaker 2: It's the morning time, so the people listening are warm enough with us. Do you know why I'm so freaking happy.
Speaker 1: I don't think you know. I don't know, but I'm with you. Bro Why are you both? Yellie?
Speaker 2: I am happy because we're bringing back something that I've been begging producer Boyd to do for a long time. So, without any further introduction, Ashton play the intro.
Speaker 1: Audio.
Speaker 2: Oh my co host, no one this is They absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: That is opposite. It makes no sense to anyone.
Speaker 3: No one cares about the audio because we don't know what we're listening to.
Speaker 2: If you don't know, I'm gonna play a random audio clip with zero explanation before of what it is, and then only after it's done will I reveal what you just heard. Nobody else in radio is doing this, your innovators, we are groundbreakers.
Speaker 1: We are pioneers.
Speaker 3: If there's a joke, no one gets it because there's no setup.
Speaker 1: That's why it's so funny. Ones. Let's play audio first. Is it a guy by a freeway? You need someone else to stay on the floor.
Speaker 2: Just heard was a gardener in Houston who noticed the guy trying to steal equipment out of his truck. The thief hopped into a getaway car, but didn't get too far because the gardener threw his weed whacker at him. The dude fell out onto the street. Maybe we should have done video first.
Speaker 1: What we do sounds great to me.
Speaker 3: I think we should just do a whole segment of pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're groundbreakers over in the radio biz.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put that video up on.
Speaker 2: Our Insta stories if people want to see it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you would, but that was audio. I will say.
Speaker 3: I do like the intro.
Speaker 2: Let's move on and get into the Jacola question of the day and give it over to digital.
Speaker 1: Jake, you know what to do, Jake, a tough spot going after audio first. Good lie back in the good old days. Over one hundred years ago, Firestone made history by selling the world's very first inflatable tire. Sure there was still scurvy and rickets and infertility problems, but hey, we got tires now, folks and gad zooks. The world was never the same. Hey, that was a swear back then. What else was invented in the nineteen twenties that we still used to this day? You might ask, Well, you're gonna have to tell me in a special Innovations from a century ago edition of Fenny of twenty Wow, you pick a number and I'll give you some hints about an old invention made in the twenties, and you have to name it. We're gonna start with a gal who would have been the bee's knees with the gatspig group. That's Alexis. Alexis. Give me number one through twenty, Please a twenty number twenty. In the nineteen twenties, a man named Clarence Bird's Eye in vented and offered Americans something quick. It all started when he noticed that a fish kept better if it was frozen quickly rather than slowly. What invention did he come up with?
Speaker 3: Wo?
Speaker 1: So he's freezing things faster? Oh maybe he made ice cube trays. And then you would just like, does that freez things faster. Brooks gave me a terrible I was putting my fish into an ice cube tray. When I freeze it, I still trays.
Speaker 3: You went to he can't make a freezer because it obvious already existed, because he's freezing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ad fast freezing. Okay? U dry ice? Alexi said, dry ice? That is incorrect. Clarence Birds I made the first frozen TV dinner. You're still around today with birds Eye frozen vegetables. Birds I still a brand, can get in the freezer, Alexis, you're out for this round. Let's go over to Jose. Need a number one through twenty please, Okay, I'm gonna go four, number four. In nineteen twenty two, Ralph Samuelson created a brand new sport that quickly became a favorite summer pass time. Some of the early equipment included a clothes line and a pair of boards. What sport am I talking about boards?
Speaker 2: It's gotta be something cool that like like frisbee golf, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like lots of string and frisbee golf string and it could be a net, the string of it. Think of basketball? What else hasn't that badminton? I'm gonna go with frisbee golf, Jake, frisbee golf. I'm giving you a double run there, Jose.
Speaker 2: Only frisbees were even invented at that point.
Speaker 1: The two boards were made of wood, they were used as skis, and the clothes line was a tow rope for water skis. Ralph Samson's brother pulled it behind the boat that reached twenty miles per hour invented water skis.
Speaker 3: Rope.
Speaker 1: We're over two. We're over to Brook now number one through twenty eighteen. Brook. This next one's perfect for you because it happened to the kitchen. Oh. A man named Stephen J. Poplowski created a popular appliance after submitting dozens of patents for it. I can tell you it's still around today. It's electric and you put something in it. What is it.
Speaker 3: I'm reading a book right now called Trust, and it's all about like the twenties and like it was a time of everything from like dishwashers to electric ovens to.
Speaker 2: George Foreman grille. Yes, maybe that's a new panini press.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like a toaster.
Speaker 3: I'm torn between toaster and blender. I'm gonna go show me blender.
Speaker 1: Brooks said, blender. That is Steve Poplowski used it for making milkshakes and malts and then moved to purate fruits and veggies. Right after reach out on tequila in there and made a margarita. Yeyeah, Jeffery, it's your attorney to number one through twenty six. In nineteen twenty three, a man named Garrett Morgan is credited with inventing something that you'll find all across America today. He first started installing it himself using a large ladder and a T shaped pole. What was it?
Speaker 2: Oh, you need a ladder, then it must be up high somewhere.
Speaker 3: It could be antenna.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else you would need a ladder for it to go up there.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say radio antenna.
Speaker 1: Jeff said, radio antenna. That is incorrect. Garrett Morgan is credited with inventing the automatic traffic signal. He was putting up traffic lights with the ladder, and the T goes across the road. So, Jeff, you got that wrong. That means Brooke, you've won today. Nineteen twenties edition of plenty of twenty all right.
Speaker 2: So Brook gets to choose who gets shot today and they're gonna be singing old time rock and roll by Bob Seger.
Speaker 1: Here we go happening. Wait, how does it start?
Speaker 3: Okay, just set those old records off the stepping it again.
Speaker 1: Woman who loves to shock herself.
Speaker 2: Even though you win, he refused to give out anybody else.
Speaker 1: What is going on with you? The first thing? Run it again? Jeff more audio, no segment. Why did I do that again? She's just saying it. We're like, oh my god, she's doing it's your shock calling question the other day. Your phone's houn's coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.