Speaker 1: Did you know this will be my very first time camping? I didn't know them.
Speaker 2: You're going to love camping, Cowie. It's so much fresh and nature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, when you're camping, you could just smell nice things too, like trees.
Speaker 1: You could smell true.
Speaker 2: Yep, don't you smell.
Speaker 1: Good like vanilla?
Speaker 4: It's true. The Ponderosa pine has barks. That's most delightful.
Speaker 1: Keviny's good to be so pretty and naturey, and and it will smell good too. Look, we're here, we're camping nature weekends. Here we come.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is reallylaxy.
Speaker 1: What was the.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Storytime by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Let's talk about peaceful and not so peaceful experiences outdoors. How can we enjoy nature and make sure others can enjoy it too?
Speaker 2: Who's in charge of caring for nature? Let's find out that was loud, so too loud.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to relax and I can't even hear the birds chirping.
Speaker 2: Oh except you, billy.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that too loud music is gone. Now, what's look around this place? There's something green and hay on the trees.
Speaker 2: Good eye, Cowie, that's a kind of liking.
Speaker 1: I'm liking it too.
Speaker 4: Elliott Likan is the name of an organism that grows on rocks and trees. Oh, that flowy hanging kind is known as old man's beard.
Speaker 1: It is kind of like an old man's beard, except green.
Speaker 2: Let's get a closer look.
Speaker 3: Oh, hey, I see little black bugs near that lichen.
Speaker 1: It's and they're walking in a line.
Speaker 2: Billy wants to know where they're going.
Speaker 1: Let's follow them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're heading right behind that book.
Speaker 2: Let's check what's there?
Speaker 1: Well, this doesn't seem very naturrey a sunscreen bottle, a string cheese wrapper.
Speaker 2: Billy found a broken spoon.
Speaker 1: Luckts what is that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Is it that vanilla smelling tree?
Speaker 2: Ooh, let's take a sniff altogether.
Speaker 4: Kids at home, will you sniff with us too?
Speaker 1: Peace Reely, that's no vanilla tree. That's not a nice smell. It's a sticky old tuna camp yuck. Well, this is awful. I don't think I like caring.
Speaker 2: What should we do? We want it quiet and nature, But it's there.
Speaker 1: We got a big mess, a loud car and stinky smeuse.
Speaker 4: It's unfortunate that other people left such a big mess.
Speaker 1: I know, why do we clean it up? I don't feel like cleaning up someone else's stinky, old mess. They don't deserve to have my help. I just feel like setting up my tent and having a relaxing time.
Speaker 4: It's okay that you're mad, Lisa. It really isn't fair that someone else left they're mess here. I agree, but there's actually a different reason you might want to help clean up for real.
Speaker 2: Yes, no matter who made the mess, it's hurting nature.
Speaker 1: Ah well, I do like nature.
Speaker 4: Nature is truly a special thing, and this little part of nature needs our help.
Speaker 2: Wait, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I thought nature was big and mighty. Yeah, so why does nature need our Hell? Can't nature take care of itself?
Speaker 4: Nature is great at taking care of itself in lots of ways. For example, nature knows how to turn big old branches, even entire dead trees into soil with the help of mushrooms. Wow, it is called decomposition.
Speaker 1: G composition.
Speaker 2: It's a big word and it has a big meaning. What the does it mean? Decomposition is when something like a tree.
Speaker 4: Branch rots so much that over time, it becomes something else entirely like somal You got it. And that's just one example of mighty nature taking care of itself.
Speaker 2: Nature really is mighty, Yes it is. But there are some things that nature isn't good at.
Speaker 4: Oh many times it is because of people, Like when people leave trash on the ground or pollution in the water. Nature might not be able to decompose the trash or pollution. If nature can't solve a problem like that, it often ends up hurting insects, fish, and other animals.
Speaker 1: Oh no, let's help nature. Yeah. I didn't want to clean up the mess because I didn't make the mess, But now I do want to clean it up. I love nature and nature needs me.
Speaker 2: Let's clean great. Don't forget to have a grown up nearby for safe clean up.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey everyone, I just thought of a cleanup song. I want to hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cleaning up, cleaning up, doody doody doo, cleaning up, cleaning up well anajor towe.
Speaker 4: Let's all try Elliott's cleanup song kids at home.
Speaker 2: You can sing it too.
Speaker 3: Cleaning up, cleaning up, cleaning up, cleaning up well to cleaning up, cleaning up, cleaning up cleaning up.
Speaker 1: Well, wow, that is so much better, and now we have a perfect spubber or tent. Yeah, Billy says he's a ten X.
Speaker 2: Billy says, polls out, pulls out. Billy says, unroll the tent.
Speaker 4: Kent unrolled.
Speaker 2: Billy says, attach the polls to the tent.
Speaker 1: It is they cannot go here if hold this up, we did it. I guess Billy really is a tip expert. Let's go inside. Our tent is great. Yeah, oh, I like that sound. But what is it?
Speaker 4: Kids at home? Do you know what that sound is? Okay, Billy wants to share that he is all done with nature for today. He is going to read.
Speaker 1: I love to try out my sleeping bag. Me too.
Speaker 4: Billy says he really likes rainstorms from inside the tent.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: This is so fun.
Speaker 1: I love camping.
Speaker 4: Lingo kids listeners, thanks for camping with us and helping take care of the outdoors. We learned that picking up trash is a way to respect other campers and help nature. Even though the environment has powerful ways to take care of itself, we learned that it also needs our help sometimes