Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here once again with us. Yes, we appreciate you guys always.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you that, yes, every time, every time, because you know, they could all of a sudden, I appreciate us any voices, they could not appreciate us. And they have choices.
Speaker 1: They can listen to other things, and yeah, other things, and so the fact that you chose to listen to us means it's great.
Speaker 2: I want them to listen to other things so that they can be reminded of how great we are. We're amazing, right I think. Anyway, Yeah, that's good to keep the perspective. Yes, So should we say that we're in a new location? Sure, okay, because we are. Yeah, we're We're not in Robin's house today. We are in a new studio location, Yes we are.
Speaker 1: We are trying something new and different. Yeah, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: It's been a little rocky this morning. You know, we're trying to figure this thing out. But you can see us on YouTube. Yes, yeah, you can see our new new location on YouTube. And then, of course don't forget that we are so that that's reminding people we have a YouTube, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Carly, I think somebody reminded me that we need to upload some more videos. Of course, are we up to date on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Carly, we're a little behind, Carly says she's one behind.
Speaker 1: Carly.
Speaker 2: We pay you the big box signing and we should not be behind anyway. We also have our Patreon, yes, so get into it. Okay. So I didn't know. I was watching I think a Man of Seals or somebody, and they said they're like a certain level of Patreon. I don't know Patreon had like you work up to like these different levels. Yeah. Probably, So, I mean I don't I don't think we're at the bottom of the barrel Patreon. I think we're just kind of like coasting by. But I think there are people who.
Speaker 1: Make I don't say a living off a Patreon, but I think they put a lot of energy and effort and content into Patreon.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so yeah, we're on We're on the baby Tear, which is nice. Well, baby tear is very affordable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, while we're pitch shouting, are all our things I have we have forgotten like the past few weeks to let the people know that the website has been restocked wadies and T shirts and murder.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, okay, Taylor, you're gonna need to put in some Robin has restocked the inventory of reasonably Shake.
Speaker 1: I forgot to tell you that, Like this has been a couple more than.
Speaker 2: That now and you and you uploaded this, all the pictures and stuff on on the website.
Speaker 1: Well, well we we folded, we we restocked, we added you know, we added the more. Okay, so they shot pieces to them.
Speaker 2: Sory. I still though, need to put the blue ones on the website.
Speaker 1: I keep forgetting it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we have blue well I don't have that many, but still when the blue ones go up, buy them because it's not that many. Okay, So we so reasonable Shady dot com right, get into and people, reasonably shady dot com. We have finally some inventory, some things that you can purchase. We got like mugs and paddles and hoodies, hoodies and hats and some than something to think that. Okay, very excited Rob the mugs are almost sold out.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if I want to restock them.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have stuff, guys, just check it out. I use my mugs every day, reasonably shady dot com. I use my monk too. Now the people can't use the munk because they can't buy it because Robin don't want to. They hurry up and get it before it sells out. Okay, the limited edition now limit to Okay, so you have a reason to be shady moment.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you know, I've been like working with the nutritionists for you know, over a year now, doing like all different types of testing and just learning more about my body and my deficiencies and all that type of stuff, right, and taken supplements. So we recently did a food allergy sensitivity test.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're really taking this seriously? Oh I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've done Yeah, I've taken like blood work, three rounds of blood work like all this, you know, right, my my hormones. So this time we did the food allergy and sensitivity test. Okay, my results came back. I'm like, I might as well just not eat anything ever again.
Speaker 2: So what are you allergic to? Okay?
Speaker 1: This is the craziest thing because I eat these things every day that you're allergic to that I'm allergic tokay, eggs. I'm allergic to eggs. Okay, so what is the reaction to the eggs? I don't know. So you're not allergic, but I am. Okay, so I am moderately allergic to eggs. I don't have a huge reaction to them, clearly because I eat them every day. Like that was my great source of protein in the morning, right because my nutrition just told me I need to eat more protein.
Speaker 2: You do, so I make my eggs.
Speaker 1: They're quick, they're easy. So I like did a little digging and it was like, okay, you know, some people, of course have extreme reactions, life threatening reactions. I don't other reactions. And it went down the list and the one thing that stood out to me running nose.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, Robin's nose is always running, like like constantly, like twenty four to seven. It never stops, and annoying. It's extremely annoying.
Speaker 1: As I know, it's annoying.
Speaker 2: I know, like yeah, people around me like, oh my god, stop because like first of all, it's like not.
Speaker 1: The most sanitary thing. Now, So I'm like wiping my nose. I'm sanitizing my hands and I'm always stopping what I'm saying. Oh my god, I gotta wipe my nose.
Speaker 2: So have you stopped eating eggs?
Speaker 1: I have not, right, So I stopped eating eggs, but it'll stop. It's not running as much.
Speaker 2: And you know it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, okay, So it's not running as much. Eggs earned mayonnaise clearly.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So the other day I was eating one of our the Healthy Fresh meals that we get, the ginger salmon. Do you ever get that?
Speaker 2: Love it?
Speaker 1: Okay? So you know the.
Speaker 2: Cup, Yeah, it's like a Chipotle mayonnaise based.
Speaker 1: I was eating that with the sauce, okay, and my nose started running, darted, dripping.
Speaker 2: What isn't that crazy? I'm so upset? Eggs for you? So upset? Okay. By the way, Healthy Fresh, we love them, Yes, and little shout out to them really quickly, Robin turning on a Healthy Fresh over a year ago. Maybe probably, Yeah. And they're locally based, so you know DC, Maryland, Virginia and all that stuff is like fresh foods, locally sourced, all the good things. They'll they'll drop off the meals once a week to your house Sundays and I've been getting it and I freaking love it. Like this, all of their food is like really really good. Yes, all the food is good.
Speaker 1: It's healthy. Yeah, it's fresh, like it doesn't I've had other meal delivery services where I just like, I couldn't do them. I did not like them, but I really like Healthy Fresh Meals They What was that to say?
Speaker 2: It's a woman owned business. I love on my own business.
Speaker 1: And it's just like, you know, if I love the variety, like they have staples of course, and then that are there all every every week, right, the chicken, the steak, the salmon, But then they have variety and I love those two, and I love their salads and so anyway, it's been really good.
Speaker 2: So shout out to them.
Speaker 1: Is it healthy food Healthy Fresh Meals dot Com? Okay, yeah, so oh that's what I'm saying. It's like it's perfect for me for lunch time, because I always felt like lunch was like really annoying, like trying to figure out what you're going to eat for lunch it is was annoying.
Speaker 2: And to have something in the house I love.
Speaker 1: Right, and you just pop it in the microwave. For like two minutes. Oh yeah, so that's my shady moment. I found out that I'm allergic to.
Speaker 2: It's shady. It's so shady.
Speaker 1: The other things that I'll just go down before we get here is the other things I had sensitivities too were almonds, beans, like green beans, kidney beans, okay, farting, yeah, walnuts, pineapple.
Speaker 2: Pineapp always makes me feel weird. Yeah, does it little a little bit? Okay, I know it's very acidic. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like there, but there's these are all things that I eat, which is like really annoying to me, really annoying.
Speaker 2: So good luck with that. Yeah, let's go back to some something else, some bad food.
Speaker 1: I know, right, I'm like, I don't know what to eat and the eat get my protein in now for for breakfast. I mean, I do my Greek yogurt.
Speaker 2: But like, oh boom, you have to figure out, well, I also supplement with protein powder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, protein shakes.
Speaker 2: But when it's like cold outside, I don't want a cold you can put the powder in your yogurt. Oh true, Yeah that's what I put it in my oatmel Oh okay, okay, I like that. Yeah, yeah, yes, see look at me, Carly says, pancakes. Okay, well, hey, anyone.
Speaker 1: Have breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs and then have good protein?
Speaker 2: Yes, Cinema said sent an email, definitely. Okay, mine is very short, so my shade of ground is very short. So and I told you part a part of this. I went out of town, came back into town, and my wood floor in front of my refrigerator was like bubbling or not bubbling, but it was like something's wrong here. So I thought the kids it was warped. I thought the kids left water on the floor and they didn't clean it up, and I was screaming at them. I was like, y'all are the worst kids ever. I don't even know why I gave birth to y'all. I wish I could send y'all back to where y'all came from. But they were like, well what happened anyway? Long story short. I call my contractor to fix the floor. He was like, Giselle, it's the refrigerator. So he pulls out the refriger and the so I have water? Do you have water from your refrigerator?
Speaker 1: Like you can get water from you Yes, that pipe was just spurting out water in the middle of it, like somebody put a pin in it.
Speaker 2: That is wild, very wild.
Speaker 1: So did you move your refrigerator around?
Speaker 2: How would that happen? And I asked him. I was like, and it's gonna be real bad. But I asked him, I was like, how does this happen? He was like, well, you know some of this stuff is made in China, right, And I was like, dang, like horrible for these people, but whatever. So I he like temporarily fixed that just to get it to stop, and he had people come to like, you know, bring the whole humid afire, get the water moisture out, cut out the drywall behind my refrigerator to throw it out away, so we can, you know, redo that. So he was like, all right, I'll have people come over tomorrow to redo the drywall. That was a week ago. This is what a shady park moment? That was a week ago. Okay, I'm still waiting for a drywall to be fixed.
Speaker 1: Look, that little project is not going to be lying in Mohamma's pockets, but I'm going to pay it.
Speaker 2: I am going to but not going to be like, you know, thanks a lot, but high.
Speaker 1: Five but nothing compared to what doing on like bigger projects.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, this is a very teeny tiny project, but it needs to be done. Yes, okay, So my refrigerator is in the middle of my pulled out it's pulled out, it's like the middle.
Speaker 1: It's still working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still working. Okay. So and then what.
Speaker 1: About your floor? Did you replace your well?
Speaker 2: First? You got to get the drywall done first, then we'll do the floor. That's the that's the what do you call it? He laid out what we're planning to do. That's the plan. But today the man's coming to fix like the real pipe, like to give me like a real pipe so that that thing doesn't leak again. And we're all good to go anyway. Whatever. So you know, what's not shady, cowboy Carter, it's so not shady. But I would love to know how you feel about it. You want to know how I because you know, I took my time and I listened to it so we could tell the people how we feel. And I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to make sure that I digested it. Yes, that I you know, gave it a chance.
Speaker 2: And if y'all don't know what we're talking about, because you Live under a Rock. Beyonce came out with Act two of Renaissance. Is this the Renaissance? Act to? Yeah, I think it's just act to Renaissance was act one?
Speaker 1: No, the Renaissance is all three? There are three acts in the Renaissance.
Speaker 2: Well, but what was the Act one? No?
Speaker 1: Okay? That that disco album like.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that it should be called isn't?
Speaker 1: Okay? So what are the acts? So Act one? Two?
Speaker 2: Three? Yeah? Too? What isn't of the Renaissance? Okay? Well we know two was Cowboy Carter? Maybe not, I don't know. Okay, Well, there's three acts three acts one was Renaissance. Two is Cowboy Carter? Right, okay?
Speaker 1: And the country music country album? So as you know, I was not thrilled when she announced the country album. Yes, because no, I'm not. I am a realist.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I love Beyonce, but I'm a realist. And that Texas Hold Them song was booty cheeks.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what does booty cheeks mean? It's it wasn't good. No, it wasn't good. It was just like it was it was.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it, okay, and I'm not the only one that didn't like it. I'm gonna tell you that, right. I liked it. Okay, So Texas Holding came out, I'm like, I don't know how I feel about an album full of songs that sound like Texas Hold Them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, thank god? And this is be honestly always does this.
Speaker 1: She always puts out like the wackiest song as the teaser for the album. You know what I'm saying, your opinion, okay, in my opinion opinion, she puts out the whackst song as the teaser for the album, and then the album comes out and you're like, oh, okay, this is different. So I expected Okay, so I listened to Cowboy Carter and I actually really like it.
Speaker 2: Robin is giving Beyonce some credit phrase yes high marks, Yes, scale of one to ten. What are we rating this?
Speaker 1: Eight point five?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Eight point five? I was prepared for my with my rating.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: If one of the kids asked me, I said, let me get it together.
Speaker 2: Yes, eight point five is good. What's your favorite? Do you have a favorite.
Speaker 1: I don't have a favorite yet. Okay, I need to see this album. There's not one song that like really stands out above the rest in my opinion. I think most of the songs are great.
Speaker 2: Are great, right. I like y'ah y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see like you said, Yeah, I don't even I can't even tell you what that sounds like.
Speaker 2: He's like yine y yine Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, that's it. Okay. And then I like the one with the guys towards the end.
Speaker 1: Yes, Shahboozie. The guy's name is Shabooz.
Speaker 2: Yes, that one's really good. I love a little Miley Cyris, y'all.
Speaker 1: I love that one.
Speaker 2: I've said before, I love Miley like so.
Speaker 1: I never paid attention to Miley. I never liked, like, I don't know whatever her her like popular songs were. I never really like them. But she sounds amazing on this song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she talks like this, she's got that singing voy.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was that was. That was a nice duet. Yes, I like, I like, I really like that song. I mean, I like most of the songs. I just I think it's versatile. Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily. It definitely is a country album, but all of the songs darn't feel country, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like it's not slamming your face country, right, Yeah, some of them are, yes, but.
Speaker 1: Most of them I think are country inspired. But then they also have a little tinge of soul.
Speaker 2: Right, So in other words, let's let's do away with the genres. Let's just put out well it is what she's saying, like, just be a lover of the craft the art.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you know what, I think it, I think it. I think it makes sense to kind of not be all over the place.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So if she put out an album that like had you know something a pop song, a hip hop song, rap song, R and B song, country song, like.
Speaker 2: I would love that. And it says that that's why you make a playlist, Okay, true, No, I just think and maybe for the artists, for them to be able to focus on what they're doing at that moment, like you can focus on that one style of music.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, but I can say when you reflect on Beyonce as a musician, she is extremely versatile and.
Speaker 2: She said, don't put me in a goddamn box. Yeah, so I'm gonna do what I want to do. It's country today, it is country today, and if tomorrow is gospel, yes there it is. Right.
Speaker 1: So so speaking of tomorrow, what do we think Act three is going to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait no, but before we even talk about Act three, can we talk about what I'm wearing this summer. This summer, I'm wearing cowboy boots, booty shorts, and my hat and what do you call it? Tank tops? Okay, so you're going you're going Western for the entire booty shorts, booty shorts with my bot cheeks hanging out.
Speaker 1: Okay, you already do that.
Speaker 2: But my little cowboy boots, I have several pads, okay, and my little tank top and a hat. I gotta I gotta get several hats.
Speaker 1: But like you're in, I think for you, like this is exciting for you because you you know, were born in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Right you family's from Houston, Texas.
Speaker 1: Family's in Texas. So you like that's like, yes, kind of in you.
Speaker 2: Well, Beyonce is always like doing the whole you know, tribute to Giselle. She doesn't know it, but she does always pay tribute to me because she's a creole girl and her middle name is her middle name Isselle. She's really like singing for me, right, she's representing you because I can't, yes, nor can I do all those dances. So thank you Beyonce for doing.
Speaker 1: It for me. Yes, yeah, no, I mean I think she really did her thing on this album. It just is very I'm a realist, you are, yes, and it's not, but it's not one that like you know, Wan and I were taking our walk and I put it on and he was like, can you turn us off? So like you know, he wasn't really feeling the country vibe. But that's fine. But like for me, it's just more like, Okay, you're driving in a car, you listen to something that's just kind of like chill but has a nice vibe to it. Yeah, and it's extremely versatile, and like I said, her career itself is versatile. So Act three, like, what is she doing in Act three?
Speaker 2: The prediction is she's going back to I don't believe that. Okay, So one is Cowboy Carter? You think Act three is Destiny's Child? I think it's gonna be. So maybe it could be a Destiny's Child album. Here for that. I'm here for destin yoall it's Michelle ready for different than it's Kelly ready for that. Like, because you know, Beyonce do it right, right, She don't. She don't play no games. She don't make no mistake. I think I think there.
Speaker 1: I recall when Beyonce did Coachella and.
Speaker 2: They came out and it was they were fantastic. Yeah, it was like they that was one song, they did one song. They could do it. I think they're ready. We think they're ready. Listen, they got time, they got time to get ready. Do they do it? Beyonce moves. I don't know Cowboy Carter. I'm sure she'll go on tour with the Cowboy Carter and let me take y'all something a year. Get your make sure you whenever if she does do it and she puts out tickets, yeah, make sure you wherever you decide to buy your ticket. You put in like a level of like you got to see with everybody's hat, because everybody will have on the cowboy hat, right, so you got to be able to see.
Speaker 1: Don't be on the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you probably don't be on the floor now. She probably want to be up a little bit because you got to see around the hats. Yes, I will have on problem. My hat gonna be huge. Oh but I do have tea.
Speaker 1: Somebody that we know knows a glam person for someone in Beyonce's crew, and they said they're preparing for a tour. Yes, I wanted. I thought of Las Vegas residency.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas can't hold Beyonce. Las Vegas is way bigger than I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine packing uh stadium for although the apparently these numbers are the numbers that this album did are like far more than a lot of other numbers.
Speaker 2: She breaking records breaking. Okay, that's that's fine, I'll break it.
Speaker 1: I'll just watch the movie. I don't I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: I'm going I'm be all up in it.
Speaker 1: I'm not going now.
Speaker 2: Listen, we did go see Nicki Minaj. We did. Yes, Nicky came to DC.
Speaker 1: She was a Capital one arena.
Speaker 2: She was and she was like boom babe, super bass. She did all the things. Yes, and she's a really sweet person. She's so sweet. So I it's backtruck, like, okay, back it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The girls and I we were like, hey, well I reached out to the girls, say on Ashley's me and Ekka, and I was like, hey, Nikki's come to town, y'all want to go, Like, yeah, let's get tickets. So I started looking for tickets and we couldn't find six tickets together.
Speaker 2: Right because it was sold out? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because it Yeah, it was. It was very much sold out.
Speaker 2: So I slid in Nikki's d M. I said, hey, girl, how you doing. I say, you're killing it on tour. You are looking at you.
Speaker 1: I said, look, me and my girls from r h P. We're trying to you know, we're trying to buy purchase some tickets together, but I can't find six good seats together. Do your people have six, you know, access to a group of tickets together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, squeeze us in. Yeah. She said, Oh girl, I love y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all for for your support.
Speaker 2: You don't have to pay. Here's my guy hit them up.
Speaker 1: He'll hit you, hook you up with tickets and passes and blah blah blah and all that type of stuff. So I was like, oh my gosh, like that that was that was amazing, Like she's on a freaking tour. And actually the fact that she even like I was able to like see my message in her in her d M. Yeah, to even respond to it.
Speaker 2: But Robin, we know she loves you, so like she was always she's always every day she's checking. Did Robin DM me Yes, And she like hooked us up with tickets, like we had tickets in three different sections. Was very nice. We had a.
Speaker 1: Suite, we had tickets on the risers like by like the soundboard, and then we had seats kind of like in a section like rate to the side of the stage in the end.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I hit up her. Guy.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, we're trying to come to the meet and greet.
Speaker 2: We want to say hi, which she doesn't have a mean by the way, we were the meeting group. He was like cool, right, He's like, NICKI would love to see you guys.
Speaker 1: We'll come get you after the show. So her people came and got us, took us backstage, and yeah, it was more than a meet and girl.
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait, so let's back up. NICKI got off stage finished the show at like twelve thirty in the morning or at nights, which we almost wave past my bedtime, yes, and Ashley's time, because and Ashley was like, I got to get the kids in the morning. So we went back. We probably got We went back and there was like steven repeat. So she came out. We took pictures at Steve and repeat, which was really nice. And then she they said that we were going to go back into her dressing room after they confiscated our phones and purses. We could go back into the room, which is fine, I get it, because but I don't have anything in my purse that's like a weapon, right, except let's stick or whatever. And so we just like hung out and like chilled out with her. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We went in her dressing room and she had you know, nice little like eating area, and we just chit chatted girl talk. It was like it was cool. It was like we were just like a nice little group of girls chit chatting. So it was fun to catch up with her. The show was a lot of fun. Fifty cent came.
Speaker 2: Out, yes, and Monica, Monica.
Speaker 1: The R and B singer came out, and Nikki, you know, sang all her hits. I love Nikki's music. So she was.
Speaker 2: She was absolutely amazing and we so we appreciate you, Nikki, Gas City Tour, get into it, get your tickets all the things.
Speaker 1: And she really did smell good, like yes, I kept saying, you.
Speaker 2: Smell so good. Yes, Nicky smells amazing. And she said she wears it's her perfume, right, yeah, so I don't is that Pink Friday?
Speaker 1: She said Pink Friday too?
Speaker 2: Okay, very nice, I was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't that she had a perfume.
Speaker 2: Guess who's not going on tour? P Diddy shop Okay, he will never be on tour again.
Speaker 1: No, he's on tour on his private plane that and has been grinding the island.
Speaker 2: I think that's been grounded. It gets worse and worse every day. Oh yeah, Like this is really sad.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is really sad, and it's actually.
Speaker 2: It's disturbing, it's scary.
Speaker 1: It's actually I feel bad for anyone that was connected to him in that type of way, like where they were taking advantage of or felt the pressure to give in to everything that was around them. Of course, we don't.
Speaker 2: Know what's true exactly. We were not in the room. We don't know if it's true, not true, whatever.
Speaker 1: But you can go down a rabbit hole on you know, YouTube and learn a lot about a lot of people's different stories, and it's it's really scary, really sad that he seems to have used his power that a lot of these men in the industry, do you know, down from the Harvey Weinstein's and the Jeff Epps and all of that to take advantage to people and get what they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but to have two houses rated in one day, I thought it was three. No, well Miami LA.
Speaker 1: Was a New York one rated too or no? Maybe who knows that. That's why I'm like, you hear stuff, I don't know how true it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like, oh, that Cassie lawsuit just opened a can of worms.
Speaker 2: And so apparently she's working with the Feds and like giving them information. That's a lot. I really feel horrible for his daughters. Yeah, and you know, praying for the daughters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope the daughters stay off of social media. But it's but I'm like, well, what were the feds looking for?
Speaker 2: And I guess we don't understand Like the people have said, like hero, he has recorded a lot of things that happened in with people, and so I guess they're looking for the digital evidence to kind of support what he's done. But yeah, he's got a little stress right now. He's a little stress. Okay, can we get back to Nikki really quickly? Because I know that we forgot something. Guess who we saw at the Nikki show? Oh? I know? Okay, So we see this guy he's like walking around like he's backstage and he's like on the risers with us, and he like looked familiar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked familiar. He was like short and buff, and I'm like, yes, who is that guy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And I don't know why Ashley knew knew he.
Speaker 2: Was because Ashley is a dancer, or she thinks she's a dancer. Ashley, No, Ashley was calling out when we were backstage. Were you there? I think you had gone to the bathroom. One of Nikki's dancers came out and she was like, hi, Carmelina or how saw she called out her name? Ashley? How you noticed girl? She's like, I follow her on TikTok dancers on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 2: So she said that's Casper. What's Casper Smart? I thought his name was Kasper short. No, Casper Smart. Okay. So if y'all don't remember who that is, that is Jennifer Lopez's husband number.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. They weren't married, they but they dated she they were engaged.
Speaker 2: I don't even think they were engaged. They never got married. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: The other Chris Judge, Chris Judge, Yes, so she just dated. She married a waiter for Awani Noah, then she married the dancer Chris Judge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. It's like, where does Casper fit into this? Right? Where?
Speaker 1: Which one was he? In between? He was a one of her dancers, I think. And they dated for a while and apparently.
Speaker 2: Apparently what.
Speaker 1: They broke up because he cheated on her with a transgender.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't. We're moving on, That's what I read, moving on, moving on on. Okay, So I did want to talk about right now, like women's basketball is taking over? Oh? Yes, And I did not see the game that everybody watched.
Speaker 1: Were at the NI show, Oh it was that night, Yeah, it was that night. It was on at the bar when we were waiting, when we were at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was not paying attention. Okay, So, but twelve point five.
Speaker 1: Million people yes watched minussel Minusselle Yes watched it, which is more than the guys, right, Yes, yeah, yeah, that's that that that is an absurd number, especially for women's basketball.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, oh yeah, I freaking love this. Yes, it's awesome, and it's.
Speaker 1: It's great because it's not you know, I know where there's a lot of focus on Caitlin Clark and Angela and angel Reese, and those two will be gone next year, but there's so many other young ladies that are amazing that can carry the torch and keep it going. I think it's so awesome, and I think, you know, I know, you're not like into like sports or basketball as much as I am, right, so I'm very in tune with the basketball world. And I think there's the one thing that maybe sets the women the girls game from the are they do. They call them women's basketball and yes, yes, I know, because high school is like boys and girls. So okay, women's and men's basketball game. Sorry, okay, So the one thing I think that sets women's and men's basketball basketball apart is that.
Speaker 2: The women stay for four years. The men for the most part, you know, because angels leaving, Angels leaving a senior. Oh okay, she's played for four years. She had, so these girls had the option to stay an extra year because of that COVID year. Everyone got an extra year because of COVID, So she had the option to stay one more year and play, but she's choosing to go to the w NBA. So in women's basketball, most of the girls are staying for four years to play. They're not jumping around from school to school to school. And men's basketball, you have these guys that go to college for one year and they're gone, or they're there for one year and they go to the next school. In the next school, you got guys that have gone to three different colleges. Oh wow.
Speaker 1: So you don't have that as much in women's basketball. So now we're able to really connect with these players and watch them grow and watch their teams battle it battle it out year after year.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And the women are super talented. I mean, I don't if you've ever watched Caitlyn Clark play, but I heard she's like she's like Steph Curry for real.
Speaker 2: That's what I heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she.
Speaker 2: Doesn't. But doesn't she talk as much trash as Angel.
Speaker 1: She she's a competitor.
Speaker 2: I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Won't say she talks trash. I think she might get like hyped what I'm saying. But in the trash talk the Angels, trash talk doesn't bother me.
Speaker 2: I love me some trash talk, but like Angel gets demonized for it, Like they come after her for it, and everybody was like, you know, she was all upset at her her press conference, and everybody's like, how can you be upset? You always talking trash? You're talking trash on the core. Yeah, that's a different thing than you walking down street talking trash to people. Right.
Speaker 1: She seems like a very nice you know what I think happened with her? Honestly, I think she was built up really high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they tore her down.
Speaker 1: And I think, especially for a young lady like that, it's a lot all at once. Yeah, Like she got she was really built up. She made a name for herself all of a sudden, people know who she is. She's getting you know, nil deals, and she has you know, two over two million followers, and people are really hyping her up, hyping her uphyping her up. And so when you have when you get put this high on the pedalstl and then you have people turn around and want to knock you down, it just it hurts that much more. It's that much louder, and it's that much more, you know, I don't know, just it just affects her that much more, and she's a competitor and so yeah, she's she's going to be a competitor on the court. But because she's passionate and because she's a competitor, all of the negative noise and the people trying to tear her down, that's going to affect her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leave her alone. Yeah, and its leave her alone. Yeah, it's just it's I'll take it. It's really sad.
Speaker 1: It's so funny though, when I hear her talk. When I hear her talk, I'm like, she's so Baltimore, like she like I can relate to her so much, like just you know our you know, our family members and our mindset and just like how we just approach life. And I'm like I can relate to her so much.
Speaker 2: Right, So if you want to trash Angel, just move it over to Robin. Robin will take her trash for you. Like, if you want to just trash her, just give Robin the hate, right, Yeah, yeah, it Angel's hate, right, But.
Speaker 1: It's like leave it on the court.
Speaker 2: Let the other girls.
Speaker 1: You know, if Angel's going to trash talk, then let the other girls trash talk. But like she's not on social media, trask he's not on social media tearing people down. She's not, you know, just being a bad person. So, like we have to separate the competitor and the athlete on the court from the actual human being that they are.
Speaker 2: I think what she and was it Caitlin have done is with the numbers and the viewership, they're going to start like, not because of them, but they are going to start like an all women's sports network that's in the works. It's gonna come in soon. I heard that. I'm not done. I'm not done. And there is a I saw somewhere. I can't remember it. Maybe Carl can look it up, all Women's Sports Sports Bar. I saw that and they were like, you know what it was called sports sports bra. Yeah, sports brawl. How cute is that?
Speaker 1: Which is really cute? That's really cute.
Speaker 2: So I'm about to open one.
Speaker 1: Okay, just kidding, Okay, I mean I like the thought, I like the concept. I I don't know, this scares me a little bit.
Speaker 2: It doesn't scare me. We can do it, Robin. Okay. So I saw this post and it's like the highest paid women's basketball head coaches, right, So Kim Kim Kim Monkey three point down. Of course, three point one's bad. She's a bad all day long. Yep, not Robin all her stuff. There's Gino a man.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's the Yukon coach three.
Speaker 2: Point one million. Yes, Vic Schaeffer he is somebody two point three million. It has a summer in Texas, it has like Texas, Yeah, Texas. And then there's Brenda.
Speaker 1: Freeze, Brenda free at Maryland.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Gino and Vic need to go.
Speaker 1: No, why Gino Arima?
Speaker 2: Actually, see, you.
Speaker 1: Don't know nothing about no?
Speaker 2: Because they're men.
Speaker 1: Gino Arima has done so much for women's sports, for women's basketball.
Speaker 2: He has a penis. So I think anybody coaching women's should be women. No shade to Geno and Victim. Sure they're great people. You need to go.
Speaker 1: I mean I think definitely women should have more of an opportunity to coach women and then vice versa. Like you know, we're starting to see more women coaching like an assistant coaching per positions in men's sports.
Speaker 2: Right, But No, do you know is a legend what? I don't know anything about him? I don't one, but I know that he is a penis. That's all I need to know. He needs to go.
Speaker 1: But he has helped these women win many champions but we can't have it.
Speaker 2: Women help women win many championships. We don't have to go because the women have been put to the side for how long it took seventy five, one hundred years for us to get the numbers that the men have already had as far as viewership is concerned. So yeah, the men gotta go, let the women take over. I disagree, gotta go.
Speaker 1: I disagree.
Speaker 2: Gino, y'a outa here. You know you're getting fired.
Speaker 1: I don't think about Texas.
Speaker 2: I do know you don't get I know that you know about he is not trust me. Do you know you're gone?
Speaker 1: I don't know how many championships they have won, but.
Speaker 2: The benefit, But we need think about.
Speaker 1: Those women's careers that he's influenced.
Speaker 2: But another down Stanley could have done that daily.
Speaker 1: You don't even know her name.
Speaker 2: Look Staley exactly. No you're not. I'm reading here, going nowhere. He's going nowhere, all right? So the sports Brawl Bar made one million in the first eight months. That's awesome. I'm opening up on I got to get I got to get into this.
Speaker 1: So I guess so my thing is. Okay, once women's college basketball is over, Okay, you have the w NBA season that begins. I guess there are women's soccer leagues.
Speaker 2: Maybe that.
Speaker 1: Like I'm just trying to think what sports will sustain the women's Sports Network, the women's We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get in there. We're gonna do like mud wrestling or something. Yes, We're gonna do pick a ball. We're gonna add to all of the sports brawl situations. Okay, Okay, Now, Shakari Richardson just signed a deal. Do you know how much your deal is worth? Twenty twenty million dollars with Nike. Good for her. So it pays to smoke weed, right, it pays to smoke some weed. Matter of fact, get Rob, you got some weed on you? Now, let's just light it up.
Speaker 1: I smell something in this studio.
Speaker 2: Oh we right now? This studio where and baby just there in svisuals? We Rob and I as ship contact. Okay. So I'm so happy for her because that's just like, you know, she couldn't perform. I mean, she couldn't run in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 2: She will sad people, she was trash. Everybody talked about her nails, her hair, her this, her that she's ghetto, she's this. Yeah, she signed twenty man now deal with Nike. Yeah that's awesome. Let me get this smoking my weed, babye. Anyway, we got to get out of here. We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or shady or both. Bye Bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcasts for wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady