Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's come out with a new line of plug in air fresheners, all scented like Sharpies, So now you don't have to look weird huffing markers in the supply closet.
Speaker 2: You get your Sharpie scented air freshener.
Speaker 1: With Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the glove, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and there's other numb noses just don't.
Speaker 2: This first lazer story is out of Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 1: Twenty one year old Kobe Todd was going to his car in the grocery store parking lot when the unthinkable happened. A shopping cart flew into the side of his brand new Ford Mustang.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no worse. So Kobe jumped out of the car to catch the purp, but.
Speaker 3: No one was there, like runaway or something.
Speaker 1: Well, he immediately went inside and demanded to see the videotape.
Speaker 3: I don't blame him.
Speaker 2: In the store.
Speaker 1: Let him see it, and he was left dumbfounded because in it you could see the metal shopping cart way on the other side of the parking lot, sitting all alone.
Speaker 2: Then all by itself.
Speaker 1: It makes a one hundred and eighty degree turn and heads straight towards Kobe's car itself. It crosses the parking lot, gaining speed till it turns just a little bit and smashes directly into it. There was no win that day, and the parking lot is perfectly level.
Speaker 3: So it's like a possessed shopping car shopping kartma.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 1: The only explanation for the cart moving on his own is that it was the doing of a little boy's ghost.
Speaker 2: Good question, I can explain.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a weird exit because.
Speaker 1: The day before, Kobe had gone ghost hunting at an abandoned home on the outskirts of town, and he says he sends the little boy's spirit while he was in there. He's certain the spirit followed him home and then to the grocery store the next day. Kobe says he forgives the ghost because maybe he was trying to play with me, a violent.
Speaker 3: Way to play their ghost boy.
Speaker 2: All kids of ghosts or not, they like to sit in the shopping cart, you know what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also his insurance isn't being quite as open to fixing a dent caused by a mischievous ghost boy, as Kobe had hoped they'd be. This next Lazer story is out of Topeka, Kansas. Brandon Tubbs and his wife took their grandchildren to a drug store last weekend so they could see the Easter Bunny. But the kids, not surprisingly, were a little scared of the person in the bunny costume.
Speaker 3: I mean, out of all of the mascots for holidays, it is the freakiest, terrifying rabbit.
Speaker 1: So Brandon went up and gave the Easter Bunny a big hug.
Speaker 2: Okay hug.
Speaker 1: He wanted to show his grandkids It's like, see, it's not that scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: After that, the kids took their photo and they all left the store to police waiting outside. Apparently, the woman in the Easter Bunny costume accused Brandon of groping her.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, oh no, Brandon to play with her little tail.
Speaker 1: As Brandon was cuffed in front of his grandkids, he told officers, it's not true.
Speaker 2: He was just showing the kids not to be afraid. So we'll see. Yeah, I need to see video proof.
Speaker 4: Like slapping the bunny's button and it's like all right, buddy, it's not that safe.
Speaker 2: Well in the front of the Bunny.
Speaker 1: Police released him on bond, but they are doing an investigation. Also, the cops told Brandon he was banned from the drug store and will be arrested again if he ever goes back.
Speaker 2: There's the easter.
Speaker 1: Ever you think they didn't like the Bunny before?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 1: This next stories out of North Carolina. Have participation trophies made kids too soft? A group of politicians think so, and they're now pushing to ban them.
Speaker 3: This is where we're spending our energy.
Speaker 2: It is I joke.
Speaker 1: Last Thursday, three Republican state senators introduced the Eliminate Participation Trophies Act, which would ban them at all youth sporting events in North Carolina that are sponsored by state or local governments. And if officials give them out anyway, that's a blatant disregard to the laws. So, Brooke, if you'd brought that attitude, you'd be fined upwards of one thousand dollars and could.
Speaker 2: Face jail time.
Speaker 3: He just bought the entire eight year old basketball team that he coached medals.
Speaker 2: Oh, setting them up for failure.
Speaker 3: You pick one.
Speaker 2: Excited about it.
Speaker 4: But apparently they shouldn't be an awful Brook.
Speaker 1: Yes, the idea behind this is to stop making kids think that they're a winner and they're special just because.
Speaker 2: They showed up for something.
Speaker 1: But people in favor of the trophies think the whole topic is being overblown. In general, most of those trophies and ribbons go to very young kids like six and seven.
Speaker 2: About thinking, that's one thing if you're in high school.
Speaker 1: Because I question is are they just a nice, harmless souvenir for kids to get or are they damaging in some way? Let's ask Brook, who recently let a charge in her daughter's school to band the words hello and friend, saying they're both a sign of weakness and should not be tolerated. Care to comment, Yeah, okay, didn't think jump that's acceptable.
Speaker 4: This next lay is there's stories out of restaurant Worldy, a website conducted a survey on controversial restaurant behaviors and asked people if they thought these things were cool or not cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, so thousands of people waited in on these here's the results. First, they found sixty two percent of people say not cool to start eating before everyone else's food has arrived.
Speaker 2: I agree it depends on the environment.
Speaker 1: But most of the time, yeah, say, unless the waiter has specifically said there's going to be a lengthy delay on the other house, we have to restart.
Speaker 2: It's going to take twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: You guys, I feel like then you have to offer bytes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Only thirty eight percent say it's cool to start eating asap. Eighty seven percent of people say it's not cool to argue with a host about weight times because you see empty tables in the restaurants. True, especially if you don't have a reservation.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't be doing that. Well, I, he's working at a restaurant, people to go. What about that huge table that's empty. It's like, that's a table for eight people. You have one person with you.
Speaker 1: Like, seventy three percent say not cool to ask for something that's not currently on the menu.
Speaker 3: Oh no, she you just want them to make you something that isn't even there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're all coming up with your own recipes.
Speaker 1: Well, there are reasonable exceptions, like if you have allergies or dietary restrictions, but don't be a dining diva Otherwise, fifty eight percent say not cool to tip less than twenty percent if the serve was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of course, Yeah, that's legit.
Speaker 1: Those who said it's fine may have a lower default tip number, and it's not because they refuse to tip all together.
Speaker 3: Oh are you defending those people? It looks like you are.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying those who said.
Speaker 1: Thirty seven percent say it's not cool to take photos of your meal, Oh.
Speaker 2: Come on, there is one rule. Camera eats first.
Speaker 1: You prostitute that chicken absolutely. Sixty three percent say that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Finally, about half of people, forty nine percent, say it's not cool to ask for your check to be split more than four ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially if it's not evenly. If it's evenly, like it's pretty, it's true.
Speaker 2: If the computer can do it, yeah, just be like six ways. That's one thing.
Speaker 1: Everybody does it differently, Like this guy has his own set of restaurant rules.
Speaker 2: And his number one is that no matter what he eats first all for some activity to letters, sounds, laser stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again the same time on Wednesday,