Speaker 1: I never heard them donkey again, you are a true donkey.
Speaker 2: Today for Monday, April eighth goes to all of you that are disappointed that J Cole apologized to Kendrick lamar, if you haven't been paying attention because you've grown as hell, got a family and don't give a damn what these rappers be talking about, let me.
Speaker 1: Give you a quick refresher.
Speaker 2: Kendrick decided to give a few balls to j Cole and Drake on metro booming a future song like that, do we have some clipses that red the It's just big neat okay now. This past Friday, J Cole decided to respond when he dropped a surprise project called Mike Delete later and on his seven minute drill.
Speaker 1: Uh, he threw some shot backs, threw some shots back at Kendrick. Let's listen but fell off like.
Speaker 3: The sence first classic that your last was tragical.
Speaker 1: Let the record show.
Speaker 2: When I heard that last week, I immediately said to myself, j Cole needs to delete that now, don't wait until later, Okay, I told people Jake Cole sounded like he didn't even believe what he was saying about Kendrick. He said Kendrick fell off like the Simpsons. The Simpsons been off for thirty five years. At the top of the game, he sounds to look he had a gun in his head and he was being forced to read a bunch of stupid ass rhetoric that he got from social media and YouTube videos.
Speaker 1: Because if it's.
Speaker 2: One thing you cannot go at Kung Fu Kenny for it's his music. That's all Kendrick stands on. That's his business, the music. He is in the business of making classic, timeless music that even if you don't get in the moment, it will be there waiting for you when you catch up. So not only did I think Cole's response was weak, I just knew he didn't believe anything he was saying. And all of that was confirmed for me last night at the Dreamville Festival when Cole decided to apologize to Kendrick Clabaar, let's listen.
Speaker 3: In my spirit of trying to like get this music out, I moved in a way that was that I feel spiritually feel bad on me, like like I try to like jab the back and I'll try to keep it friendly. When I listened to it and when it comes out and I see to talk that don't sit right with my spirit, that make me feel that disrupts my peace. So what I want to say right here tonight is in the midst of me doing that and in that shit trying to find a little angle and down play this, this catalog and his greatness. I just want to come up here and be like publicly, be like bro. That was the lamest like goofyus. And it may I say all that to say it made me feel like ten years ago when I was moving incorrectly.
Speaker 1: And I pray that God.
Speaker 3: Aligne me back up on my purpose and on my path, you know what I mean. I pray that my really didn't feel no way, and if he did, got my chin out, take your best shout. I'm take that in the chin, boy, don't you do.
Speaker 1: I pray that, you know.
Speaker 3: I pray that y'all are like forgiven for like the misstep, and then and then I can get back to my true path because I ain't gonna lot of y'all. Past two days felt terrible, and let me know how good I've been sleeping for the past ten years.
Speaker 1: That's right. I have feelings as a man, feelings of a hip hop fan.
Speaker 2: The hip hop fan in me isn't disappointing because in life, you have to pick your battles, and you have to pick your battles carefully because danger comes from trying to past your limits.
Speaker 1: Cole, No, he didn't really want it with Kendrick.
Speaker 2: So if you don't really want it with a person, then you are pushing yourself past the limit you aren't willing to go, and that's usually when you end.
Speaker 1: Up getting hurt.
Speaker 2: Not to mention, Cole said something very important in that apology. He said it didn't sit right with his spirit. You must always listen to your spirit, and Cole, the reason your Kendrick just didn't sit right and your spirit.
Speaker 1: Was because you knew you was lying. Okay, you knew you.
Speaker 2: Didn't feel like that about Kendrick's music. You are an artist, a true MC. So there is not too many people who appreciate.
Speaker 1: What Kendrick Lamar does as much as you do.
Speaker 2: Kendrick Lamar don't need to be a part of every algorithm on social media because Kendrick isn't a surfer, He's a wave. There is a difference. A lot of y'all are just surfers. You get online every day looking for a.
Speaker 1: New wave to ride.
Speaker 2: Kendrick when he drops projects, creates those ways that people ride period Good Kid, Mad City classic album. We noticed the Pimple Butterfly, my favorite Kendrick Lamar album. That album is blackly black black. If you ask me, Kendrick re ushered in a black renaissance in music with that album. That's a discussion for another day. Damn is a great project. I don't know if I have it as classic status, but Cole, you said that's his prime.
Speaker 1: You said that was his peak. So if that's the case.
Speaker 2: Then you think that's his best body of work. So that's three classic albums were discussing. And then mister Moralan and the Big Steppers. I told y'all much ago. In the future, we are gonna look at that and jay Z's four four four as two of the most important hip hop albums of all time. And you know when that's going to come. When you unhealed heathens get some healing when you men grow up. And that's what we are here to talk about today. The rap fan in me understands the disappointment many of you feeling. Cole with the man in me who understands that I'm a spiritual being living in human existence, has nothing but respect for what j Cole did see. So many of us lead with pride and ego nowadays, and we let these idiots on social media who we don't even know pair pressure us to say things and do things that we don't even want to do. It takes a real human to check himself and say, man, what I'm doing. I don't even believe, I don't even believe in I don't believe what I said. I don't even believe in what I did. Apologize and keep it moving. Y'all want a man to attack of man for your entertainment. Because we are a culture that feeds off conflict, we just have to have some conflict to feast on. We like to see people at war with each other because so many of us are at war with ourselves.
Speaker 1: Really that simple, okay.
Speaker 2: Unhealed people hurt people and love to see other people hurt. Healed people and people on a healing journey aren't in the hurt business. Often, individuals who have experienced hurt hav't processed their pain are developed effective coping strategies. Their unprocessed emotions can manifest as aggressive behavior. Towards others, and additionally, they may replicate the damaging behaviors they have experienced, a phenomenon known as the cycle of abuse. Salute the Coal for breaking the cycle, especially if he simply doesn't want to. Good for you, Coal for not succumbing to the pier pressure of your homeboys, other artists.
Speaker 1: Social media.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is, Okay, you as a man and rapper didn't feel comfortable with what you did. Bravo for apologizing, Bravo for doing what you feel in your spirits. So when y'all having these common about Coal and being disappointed.
Speaker 1: That he apologized, ask yourself, what's that about?
Speaker 2: Make sure that's not your wounded ego talking? And I want to say something else. Why are y'all so controlled by other people? Some of y'all had the nerve to ride with Cole when he told you to lie.
Speaker 1: He told you about Kendrick Obs.
Speaker 2: He was right there all weekend acting like Cole was right about Kendrick's projects. Whole time he was capping and you was right there Cole signing the cap. Just Friday, y'all was saying Cole is number one. Y'all had Coal one, Kendrick zero trending now that Coal is apologized for cappin y'all saying he backed the number three, y'all calling him the middle child again, not forty eight hours after y'all was just.
Speaker 1: Saying he's number one.
Speaker 2: This is exactly why you should always just do you and do what your spirit tells you to do. Don't listen to none of these fools because they never know what they want. Please give all these unhealed heathons mad at Coal for apologizing the biggest he huh, All.
Speaker 1: Right, so dramatic.
Speaker 4: Let's discuss eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. I disagree with you, though, but let's discuss five five one oh five one. No, no, it's not even about that unheal heath and we all know this is well I am, but J Cole when it came to J Cole, people always, in my opinion, slept on J Cole. They always had a problem with Ja Cole.
Speaker 2: He produced his own beats.
Speaker 4: His beats don't knock the same. In the last three four years, J Cole has been getting on other people's beats. He's been getting on records with people embodying everything he put out. You get on first person shooter and people started comparing him. He said he wants to be number one. He said he's number one. This is lyrical warfit. This ain't Nobody ever thought it was going to be the South first to west. Nobody thought they were gonna kill each other.
Speaker 1: This is lyrics. So this is lyrics. So why you mad at him for taking a step back.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not mad at him.
Speaker 4: But if you want to be number one and you say you're number one, and when that person comes and test you, you can't run away. You gotta you gotta battle back. That's like me and Hero, That's how that's how the game is played. Who's playing the game. What if I dont want to play your game? Kaitlyn Clark, I wanted to be number one? Right and she lost and the game cocks came and washed him and she lost. She tried and she lost no choice basketball.
Speaker 2: She didn't. She didn't come back and apologize. She didn't come back and say, you know what, that is a terrible I shot thirty five points.
Speaker 1: It's not there's still basketball.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 4: You don't you don't turn around.
Speaker 1: After you don't know you This is this is lyrics.
Speaker 2: It's not against you want to be number one, Let's be number one.
Speaker 4: It's not again Jacob and spitting. He's been putting the work in the last couple of years. I just don't like the fact.
Speaker 2: If his heart's not in it right and he decides to get in that booth and spit some weak lyrics like he did last week.
Speaker 1: His heart wasn't it before?
Speaker 2: Because shoot up? His heart was it?
Speaker 1: He wasn't battling. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I would have preferred Cole if he wanted to respond, just write some dope lyrics and say you the best and let him talk about he's number one.
Speaker 1: He's the best.
Speaker 2: He's saying, so he's the best, So keep keep proving you're the best. Part just being a dope rapper. You don't got to challenge somebody directly. That was a challenge.
Speaker 1: Have you ever have you ever done a real I mean a DJ battle. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm asking I half you do you sure need to do them now?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because are you Just go out there and you know what I'm saying, can prove you the best just by doing the work.
Speaker 1: I don't have to challenge anybody to say you the best. You have to challenge somebody to say you the best. I know I don't. And if you do and decide to take it.
Speaker 4: But if you do challenge and the person gives you that work, you give him that work back.
Speaker 1: If you got your ass.
Speaker 4: He got a biology after the comments, like after him being in the comments, he's set in the comments and saw the feedback and was like, oh man, now it don't sit right with me.
Speaker 1: I think I think he gets busy. I think you wrote the record because you lose in the comments. I do. I do believe that. I don't think somebody will come back. Let somebody when we come back.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred and five eight five one on five one, let's discuss.
Speaker 2: It's Breakfast Club co Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull, lambing'st off. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael the Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up the morning. The Breakfast Club