Speaker 1: It's just hilarious and Charlemagne.
Speaker 2: They're listening to the Record Club.
Speaker 3: Thank y'all for being like culture leads by that family. The record club is where people get the information on the topics, on the artists and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Winning You guys were nice.
Speaker 2: Everybody got me all nervous. But you guys, let's not show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're locked in through the world's most dangerous moment show.
Speaker 2: If you want to breakfast club, you ain't gonna bring it.
Speaker 5: One hundred and twenty moneys wanna not come up with Jesus.
Speaker 1: This is what y'all do up here.
Speaker 6: That's right, Get about the bids and listen to the greatest show owners.
Speaker 1: In USA. Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo jes Selario. Hey, what's Charlamage?
Speaker 7: The guy peaks to the planet is Monday.
Speaker 1: I lost? You want another surgery? I lost last time you came in here with a different boy, if you had another job, No what you last time? I lost my voice?
Speaker 3: This man belieza his voice for the fans week, we had to show Friday in the Buckleys his nigga walked up to the hose like, hey, I mean this guy walked up to the hose.
Speaker 2: Like I lost my voice? Like what for real? It just like that.
Speaker 6: That was Friday and lost my voice Friday knowing what. So he couldn't even like DJ and talk, you know, he couldn't. He had They had to get another guy to talk to them while he was Yeah, it was it was bad.
Speaker 1: How did you lose your voice? What happened? I don't know, screaming at the.
Speaker 2: Chilling game or probably a dance dance all week. So I just lost my voice.
Speaker 6: It's actually just coming back now, so hopefully we'll get it back.
Speaker 7: But you guys feel the last time we took a break and then we came back with a different voice.
Speaker 6: He had a nose job. I didn't get a those jobs. They removed the polyms from my notes. I didn't get a noose job.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know it's no good though. I feel good, Okay, I feel great. Actually it's actually a little bit more basic in then don't drop a bomb for Jess Hilarious. Jess Hilarious performed Friday at the ball Clay. She performed with Bruce Bruce who will be joining us a little bit later, d L.
Speaker 2: Hugh Lee? Who else was on? Tracy Morgan, I need love everybody so many? Glorilla Jeezy performed.
Speaker 6: Yes, mister Wayne's sisters name chant Wayne's performed. And I'm not saying this because I'm here with you and you're our co host with us, but she bodied it.
Speaker 2: The best performer to me of the night killed it. She destroyed it. Uh.
Speaker 6: It was just to drop a ball for a dammit, thank you, And I just didn't want to say that. So when I got in the car, my daughter and her boyfriend with me and my wife went so I just asked my daughter, I'm like, yo, who killed it tonight? She was like Jess, And I'm like, Jess, hilarious. She was like, yeah, just body on the show, because I just I just wanted to make sure. So she was like, no, just body this. She was like she was the funniest hands damn. So I was like, great, great, Gray, I'm happy she killed it. I was so proud.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: I was sitting there and looking at I was smiling because I'm looking and I'm looking at the crowd reaction and it was eighteen thousand people whatever, in the ball clothes and you destroyed it.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted to say you killed it. Was looking like a proud dad. I was like, oh, that's how he be at the dance competition looking back. So that was so sweet. And congratulations to your Cox, y'all going.
Speaker 7: To close for the South Carolina Lady game. Cox flew to Don Staley in the whole game. Okay, third national championship and watch seven seasons.
Speaker 2: They did that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Seven?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's not. I think it was the last one that she won was in twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Two, yes, and then the one before that after twenty or seventeen, yeah, seventeen, Yeah, your Cox killed it.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna front they did.
Speaker 6: Man. Yeah, the red was all a former big big red big read listen. They said she supposed was supposed to be doing number two in the w NBA, right, that's what she's rejected, really.
Speaker 2: Number two or three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know she rejected that high. Yeah, number two, three, like top six and seven.
Speaker 6: But Caitlyn because number one, they say, and then then number seven is inch reached.
Speaker 7: No, Kaitlyn to be number one, but flew to the eight on three man slew to the Metro Love with Don Staley has built in Columbia, South Carolina, true dynasty. Being from South Carolina, we've never had anything like that. We don't have any professional sports teams, that's right. So this is the closest we have to a professional sports team. But she's absolutely built a dynasty at the University of South Carolina.
Speaker 2: And she looked fly doing it.
Speaker 5: Oh way she did.
Speaker 1: That's what they call.
Speaker 2: Kalyn too, like she looks so humble and just slick. She flyes.
Speaker 6: That's right, all right. Well, when we come back, we got front page news, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody's DJ and VJs, Hilaria Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get some of the I ain't getting no surgery. Man, just lost my voice. Is coming back doing nothing, doing.
Speaker 1: Nothing, don't even make no sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know either, but it's coming back.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, let's get to March Madness.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard, we talked about it earlier.
Speaker 6: The game Cocks beat your eighty seven to seventy five. Great game, Caitlyn Clark, I think scored like thirty something points, but.
Speaker 1: A God bless Kaitlyn.
Speaker 7: Kaitlyn is fantastic, Kaitlyn is elevated the game of women's basketball. She has, But you don't say South Carolina won the championship and didn't say Kaitlyn Clark's called thirty points.
Speaker 1: I mean, because you gotta thought with the winners first.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying she beat the record?
Speaker 1: What record?
Speaker 6: She scored the most points in NC double a time weeks ago and then she did more than in the playoffs or something like that. As well, Man, he's.
Speaker 2: To go to.
Speaker 1: The media has been doing.
Speaker 7: Is I really do have a slight issue with it when you say to talk about the champions, talk about the champions, you talk about the person who lost second.
Speaker 6: Well, I was going to talk about them last and close out with Dawn Staley and they won. Because we're done with Caitlin Clark. We're not done with her, because you know, going to WNB talk about right now, yes, right now, right now they're talking about the game.
Speaker 1: Cocks win their third championship. That's right.
Speaker 2: And Dawn Stelley spoke after the game.
Speaker 9: Because you serve an unbelievable god a common favor I am. I'm so incredibly happy for our players. It doesn't always end like you wanted to end, much like last year. But but my fresheets are are at the top of my at the top of my heart because they wanted this and I hope we can erase whatever pain they had share experience and not being able to finish it here.
Speaker 1: So I'm just.
Speaker 10: Super proud of.
Speaker 2: Where I work.
Speaker 9: I'm super proud of our fans I love.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's also.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, Sluth, all the freshmen that stepped up, like Tessa Johnson, she scored nineteen points Malaysia for Wilely she came off the bench and balled out. She had nine points, So salute to the game. Cocks luthor Chloe Kits Chloe Kis dropped eleven. I actually met her parents when I went to the Sweet sixteen game a couple of weeks ago. Sluth, Camilla Cardozo Okay, fifteen points, seventeen rebound.
Speaker 2: Team rebounds was crazy, man.
Speaker 6: It did feel like the rest were trying to get ayed would win and they were calling a lot of BS fouls. They were calling a lot of BS things, but they pulled it through, So congratulations to them. And Don Stoley also spoke about Katelin Clark.
Speaker 9: And I want Arsenally Thay Katelyn Clark for lifting.
Speaker 2: Up our sport.
Speaker 9: Hush. She carried that she carried a heavy load for our sport and it just is not gonna stop here on a collegiate tour. But when she is the number one pick in the w NBA draft, she's gonna she's gonna lift that league up as well. So so Caitlyn Clark, if you're out there, you are one of the goats of our games that we appreciate you.
Speaker 5: She is. I respect it. Caitlyn is elevated the game of women's basketball.
Speaker 7: I hope she goes to the w NBA teams up with the Lee of Boston in Indiana because they got the number one pick, and yeah, you know that's the same for the w NBA.
Speaker 1: That's right now.
Speaker 6: Also, Friday, I don't know if you feel it. Did you guys feel earthquake? Did you feel it?
Speaker 2: Just No, I was in Maryland, so you didn't feel anything.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel it. I was in Maryland up until we had to do the show and Marc Leay's but no, I didn't feel anything.
Speaker 6: Were we saying we didn't feel nothing? My wife text me. It was like, did you feel earthquake?
Speaker 2: I'm like no.
Speaker 6: The big Mac text me, do you feel earthquake? I'm like no, how do you feel it?
Speaker 7: You just started jiggling. He thought he was doing the wabble. He was like the waway. Well, it was an earthquake.
Speaker 6: It was a four point eight magna to earthquake recorded in New Jersey.
Speaker 11: Ongoing after shocks from Friday's rare East Coast earthquake.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not, there have been more than two dozen of them.
Speaker 1: ABC's Ringa Roy is here with more on that.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rina, Hey Jay, good morning to you. That's right.
Speaker 12: So many people here in the Northeast were already unsettled when the earthquake hit, because, as you said, this is not common here. And then came the aftershocks. There was at least one as recently as Saturday morning, and that was just one of more than thirty since that quake on Friday.
Speaker 2: But look, these are not uncommon.
Speaker 12: Experts say they can happen for weeks, even months or years following an earthquake. That four point eight magnitude quake striking your White House Station, New Jersey in the morning Friday, for about thirty seconds near the epicenter, and it was felt as far south as Washington, d c.
Speaker 2: And up to Maine.
Speaker 7: Now, the second time I felt the earthquake up north, I forgot what yea that was When it was a flight lore.
Speaker 6: It was a couple of years ago. I didn't know that one. It was over ten, definitely over ten.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel that one either. I didn't feel either.
Speaker 5: I definitely remember that one.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is front page.
Speaker 1: When we come back. We gotta tell you about the solar clips.
Speaker 6: Solar clip's gonna happen today, and we'll give you all the information what glasses you need. If you don't have the glasses, don't stare at the sun. So we'll give you all that information. Everybody else, get it off your chest, right eight hundred five eight five surgery.
Speaker 1: You had, man, we don't find out anywhere.
Speaker 6: I came down looking at your five eight five one o five one. Call us up right now. Your test isn't nothing around my neck?
Speaker 5: Did something to your name?
Speaker 2: I didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: You did you got something removed? Nothing you did? No, I didn't have no surgery. What's wrong with y'all?
Speaker 2: Call us up? Right now.
Speaker 13: It's the Breakfast Club the morning, the Breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest, whether you're man or blast something, get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now eight hundred and five A five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 10: Give me one to envy?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 10: Drive rest boat?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Charlomagne thesis.
Speaker 10: What's happening I'm discussing this morning? Why and absolutely this is why you can never count on the light skin looking to do anything for you, the step in the war because he out here apologizing bro Cold for fifteen years, I've been telling people, don't mess with Cold. You're saying Polish shot his.
Speaker 1: Way, and what have I've been telling you for fifteen years?
Speaker 10: I prepared myself.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 10: I was in the mirror all weekend, ready to go to war with you today and I had to call in and deal with this.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it either, trash well.
Speaker 7: I don't have a problem with anybody, you know, feeling like they need to apologize. But here's the reason that didn't sit well with his spirit because he was lying. He got on that record and try to tell people that Kendrick Lamar don't got four classic albums, that The Pimple Butterfly was weak, that his last album, Mister Morale and the Big Steps was weak. That's what happens when you're lying about something that don't sit well with you.
Speaker 10: I was gonna say you cold last night. You didn't just let Niles down anymore. You let hip hop down. You didn't have let Nines down last night. I'm still a huge fan for your number one fan.
Speaker 14: I'm disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't like want you travel like this?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 6: Nobody thought that that Cole and Kendrick were go kill each other. It wasn't gonna start. The East Coast, West Coast, East Coast, South Beach, West Coast, South Beach wasn't gonna start. That this was lyricist having lyrical sparring, I said, and the fact that that he's he brought it back. I just didn't like it. Ja Cole Ja Cole was in his bag the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: Now, what d that got to do?
Speaker 7: And anything just because you can rap do mean that you're ready for war just because you can rap me and you can go say somebody like Hendrick if you number one, you Muhammad Ali here, you ready for war? And he wasn't ready to back that up. I told us we sat in this studio on Friday. We was in here doing something and I told you you can listen to the song and tell he didn't really want to do that because the reason you know, we didn't want to do yeah, because no more he was lying. That's the best you could do.
Speaker 1: You're gonna reach.
Speaker 7: If you're going to insult Kendrick about anything, the last thing you should think about insulting is his musical catalog. That's the reason we love Kendrick because he takes his time and gives us classic records. You're gonna try to tell me that Pimple Butterfly is whack. That's my favorite Kendrick album. You lying cold.
Speaker 1: That's why it ain't sitting well with your.
Speaker 2: Spirit because you lied.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just feel like Cole gets busy.
Speaker 6: And I thought it would have been great for hip hop because it was it was people were into lyrics again, and they.
Speaker 2: Were breaking down songs and verses and bars, and I just I loved it.
Speaker 6: And I think J Cole gets busy, and I think a lot of times people sleep on.
Speaker 7: Cold Nobody were Cold has always been in the big three contentions, but he's always been like number three, and that's for a reason. But damn and he's still.
Speaker 1: Number three now.
Speaker 7: And I love cal you from the Carolina You might be four. I might put Future in the last night. That last night, I think I might have Cold four.
Speaker 2: After the last night, I might have Cold for future.
Speaker 1: Future just put out another album.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not putting statistics and numbers in it, but You're Future.
Speaker 1: I think he's what top.
Speaker 7: There's only four other rappers or five other rappers with more number one albums than the Future, and it's Kendrick, not Kendrick, Jay, z Eminem, Drake, Kanye and Wayne. That's the great after a great class.
Speaker 2: To being and that and that joint with Colon Cameron's hard on the album too. I love that joint.
Speaker 7: Listening Cold can rap Cold Dope. He just ain't no comfortable Kenny. She's been telling y'all that get.
Speaker 6: It off your chest eight hundred five eight five one O five one. If you need to vent and hit us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 6: This is Tosa, Tisa guess raising Wow.
Speaker 15: It's her turkeys, Oh turkey, okay, that makes thank you for a clue, extra clue, don't.
Speaker 2: What'stia?
Speaker 14: Good morning? Hey? How y'all doing good? He jes Yes, I went to your birthday party and had a.
Speaker 2: Ball, Thank you, honey.
Speaker 14: Yes, me and my sister came all the way up from Virginia. That's what's up the weekend up in there?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I actually talked to you. You said you like my mask.
Speaker 3: Hey, girl, I know that's right. You wanted to keep the germs away from you, honey.
Speaker 14: Yeah. I think I was only over with a math, only.
Speaker 2: One, only one. But I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 6: Why you went to a club and water mask in the club? Could have you stayed home?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 14: It was it was a band as math had diamonds coming from it.
Speaker 2: It was she was.
Speaker 3: It wasn't no lord you know kid in ninety five it was like, okay, turkeys.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see you too, Thank you, baby.
Speaker 1: I'm not a lot of turkeys.
Speaker 7: You sound like something I need to wear a mask for her keys. Whatever it is, the sound contagious.
Speaker 2: I just want to say. Steve just hung up.
Speaker 6: He called, I don't know what happened, and he said he wanted to give just props for her show. Friday said he she killed it. He was calling from the Bronx, but he just got disconnected.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steve. I appreciate that. Hello, who's this great great Stevens.
Speaker 8: I want to go to the bad Family. I wanted to Charlam and the rest. The young young guy. I'm sorry last week was his phone is strange?
Speaker 1: What he said? I can't tell you.
Speaker 17: Boy.
Speaker 2: He got arrested in Saint Stephen's, South Carolina and Walmart.
Speaker 7: No people, Yeah, people kept sending me that video. Man, I don't know exactly what happened.
Speaker 8: That. You know most of the young guys. Man, that's what they make the Living Rose that when came up the Democrat George Flood of the after Ji Flord send that track, said that I understanding this fasts have stead of being addressed that he got tired and just come right down south. That's what they do. Can do, Shouston, burd beat your good job.
Speaker 7: Wow, I gotta look more into the story now. People were sending me that last week that brother.
Speaker 8: Acts said we had a big march over there, said your time killing that after the access looked at the video there was nothing like this said to your guys, but nothing at all.
Speaker 1: When is the march my brother where they had.
Speaker 8: Fun to have it? And nothing went out next week Saturday stooping together but just a Google rest And like I said, that's something that let it be escalating.
Speaker 1: Damn, I'm gonna look into it. I king thank you for calling brother.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 7: Look, I want all of y'all to go look up that story to it happened at the at the Walmart.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 7: I believe that Walmart was in Mont Corn if I'm not mistaken, really just Saint Stevens. But when I say Stephen is right by, Mon's going okay, yeah, that's where uh, that's where all Chloe.
Speaker 6: And Howley's family is from. Gotcha get it off your chest now? We got rumors on the way we got just with the mess we're we talking.
Speaker 3: About, yes, the breakdown and Bravo and why it is what it is today.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get into all that.
Speaker 6: When we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: Morning, everybody is t j n VS. My voice is messed up. Larry Charlamage, the guy. We at a breakfast club.
Speaker 7: You think people even notice we're gone because they be hearing like the best of shows, and you can't just assume that everybody's heard every everything, so they'd already be thinking either were just talking about old.
Speaker 1: Stuff.
Speaker 2: It was people that didn't.
Speaker 3: They was like when I was telling people I was on Springing. It was like, how you sp you at work?
Speaker 2: Somebody said, no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Put you on the radio right now.
Speaker 2: But no, they can't hear.
Speaker 1: Clearly you're not sure they can't. Everything.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get to just with the mess yous is real, whether it's Lance just robbing Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do nobody world why jes worldwide matters.
Speaker 1: On the Breakfast clubs the coach of shit.
Speaker 18: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to.
Speaker 3: See this time to set it off, nobody even know what I'm already saying. All right, so look I got some news on Andy Cohen okay, oh fun white facts. Did y'all know Andy Cohen is responsible for what Brivo is today, like the reality hot commodity channel.
Speaker 2: It is, so Brivo started off, shut up.
Speaker 3: Brivos started off as a like an art you know what I'm saying, Like a high end art cable channel.
Speaker 19: Right.
Speaker 3: But Andy Kane to Brivo in two thousand and shortly after, the NBC purchased.
Speaker 2: Them for one point two million. All right, So that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all it was. It was back in twenty twenty two. I mean, you know, back in two thousand and two. NBC and Universal partner two years later, which amplified Brivo because you know, Universal bought that money.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: His first show was Quit I for the Straight Guy, which he produced. He's also responsible for Project Runway. Like listen, listen, listen. I don't know how many of y'all out there Watchcore out for the Street Guy, but that was the first time that I ever watched gay Men, and I loved it.
Speaker 2: It was a really really good show.
Speaker 3: Andy produced the show, and that was a show that made the pivotal change when Bravo went from art suit reality and it was funhouse lifestyle reality, you know what I mean, because he always had a little umph. He then became the vice president of Original Programming because those people was like, oh, here's the man with the plan, because he was like original program and he was like really responsible for getting these shows and making him He had top Chef, a project Runway.
Speaker 2: He did a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: He changed, He changed brable like I'm doing with the breakfast clip because 'all was slowly dying, right, No, absolutely, absolutely, But on the contrary, unlike me, Andy is now facing a slew of allegations and lawsuits claiming bullying, harassment, and unfair labor.
Speaker 2: Practices like everybody else.
Speaker 3: So reg Je crossy T's and got your eyes because you know we this new network too, So every network is doing this for real, for real.
Speaker 2: But this came up about Andy before now.
Speaker 3: I reported something like months ago about it, right when he had got into it with the glanf Glanfell lady or whatever like that. But it was swept under the rug. And do y'all know why y'all didn't know this. You have to pay a subscription to get this type of news. These white people, it's hiding their tea y'all didn't even know that. Listen, I'm not revealing my sources because I pay for this. A person like me is gonna pay.
Speaker 2: This is what all.
Speaker 3: Of this stuff that I'm saying on the like, he's facing a slow allegations, lawsuits, all of this that's been.
Speaker 4: Going on for no, no, no, no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: Listen, I bet you didn't know.
Speaker 3: Notice there was a reality show called Girls Shrip that was supposed to add on Peacock, right, and it is now on hold because all the girls are so in Brivo NBC and all of the parties too, right. And when he was asked about it, Andy Kong was asked about it, right, he was like, I can't tell you anything.
Speaker 2: He got real tight lipped. You know what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you know what I also thought was interesting, He is the only openly gay host on TV. Right, they also pickt openly gay.
Speaker 2: Host on like like that's that's doing all of this?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, because I think James Corden retired, right.
Speaker 1: Are quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So basically what I got from that is a lot of other hosts on the down low.
Speaker 2: All right, So moving on, just what I don't know. They they so in a daze. They don't really even understand that they don't know orlest all, right, mat.
Speaker 1: Did you talk about that.
Speaker 7: He's being accused of people saying he intentionally used cocaine with his employees to further promote a workplace culture that throws on drugs and alcohol.
Speaker 2: You just pay for that, No, it's not no, it's not not that, not for free.
Speaker 3: You had to pay twenty four just like everyone. I pray you ain't favor I prayed, but reer was some other stuff too, but it's still on folded, so I can't speak on it. That was Look well he just said it was a leged y'all.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 6: In two thousand and two, though the way workplaces were were a place of bullying, were a place of nastiess it was that environment. I know Charlemagne dealt it, but that was it. I dealt with it. That's what it was. There was no other than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's also reality though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they you know, they set up these environments so these women can you know, so they can get women and men.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not just on these black shows.
Speaker 3: It's on these white shows as well, you know what I mean, Like they set up just so they can have storylines and they can like you know, get drama for you know, and stuff like that. But I guess something happened with the girls trip a little bit too bad because they had it's still on pause and Andy saying, I can't talk about you know, you're talking about everything. So Laurrod is rotten, y'all. So Laurad is the guy that suing Diddy. He got five different lawsuits against this guy right his lead attorney is being investigated for and properly filing cases uh in federal courts to garner media attention, embarrassed defendants with salacious allegations, and pressuring defendants to settle quickly. Now, one of the judges in New York City, her name is Judge Coach. She is submitting his inappropriate actions to the Grievous Committee of the Southern District of New York City. He has a streak of cases that supports his inappropriate behavior too. Guess what his name is, y'ae Tyrone Blackburn y'all didn't know that either, Tyrone Black for real? Guess what race it is? Just just throw it out there absolutely black as hell?
Speaker 10: How do you know?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about about?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 2: Real chill, y'all love alert.
Speaker 3: So this man will, he's being yo. He becoming after like some big people like t I and Tiny. He bought eleven accusers who had elegance spread out over a decade to get them right. And then Nicki, Minudge and Kenneth Patty, which is no secret he was on their case too. He Kenneth was sentenced to three years in probation behind blackburn. Y'all will pause whatever, and he is still on this case. He is not letting the rest.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Nicki was named in the case too, but they dropped her name from it. But he's still fighting this, this this case with.
Speaker 2: With her husband. And then now he's going after Diddy.
Speaker 3: He'd be going at to some big people, so he gotta have some sources or something like that. And he is the reason why Diddy's house is rated allegedly because Lord Rod. Because he you know, all of that connects to the lawd Rod thing crazy. And you know what I also find which is interesting, all its clients he put He gets them these big interviews right, like press conferences like remember that girl went on the rail about Kennef Petty and all of that stuff, and he'd be right there cheering them on, like you better tell your story. I remember when lawyers wanted to stay anonymous.
Speaker 5: In a lot of those cases.
Speaker 7: That's what the lawyers do, Like they'll before before you see any of that publicly, they'll you things behind the scenes and they'll say, hey, we have this client. Who's who's going to say X, Y and Z if you don't settle with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people.
Speaker 7: A lot of people settle because they want to avoid the public impassment true or true or not. They know that in this area, nobody cares about the truth.
Speaker 2: What's what's that white attorney that does it out in l A all the time?
Speaker 1: Name I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but they do that pay for it. I'm sure I'll get.
Speaker 5: It talking about Lisa Bloom. Lisa Bloom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely so at the news that.
Speaker 2: Y'all did not even know.
Speaker 6: All right, well, thank you, just absolutely Now when we come back, we got front page News, will tell you.
Speaker 2: About the solar eclipse that's going to happen today.
Speaker 6: What you need to know, what you need to have with you and uh, just make sure when you're driving today you turn the lights on.
Speaker 2: I give you all the information when you come back. It's the breakfast club. Good morning. You're checking out the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: All right, more than everybody, we are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get in some front page.
Speaker 6: News tonight the n cua A men's March Madness.
Speaker 2: Purdue takes on Yukon at eight forty nine.
Speaker 5: Damn, don't nobody care no flu to those brothers.
Speaker 7: Lord have mercy when I say that they don't have none of the excitement that women's college basketball has around them.
Speaker 1: They have none of it. That's right.
Speaker 6: And congratulations to your cocks man, they be ayu A eighty seven seventy five.
Speaker 1: You see my shirt, love my cox.
Speaker 2: I know you got.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 6: Now today at two ten pm, there's going to be a solar eclipse. If you live on the East Coast, you probably will get to see it. And this is what some of the things that they're telling you to do, so you don't f up your eyes.
Speaker 19: A total solar eclipse happens when the Moon comes between the Earth and the Sun, completely blocking out the sunlight. Now, you should never look directly at the Sun. But if you have the right safety equipment, you'll see the Moon's shadow taking a little chip out of the Sun, slowly blocking out more and more of it over the course of an hour or so, until for a few minutes it becomes dark as nights.
Speaker 2: You might even hear ricket's chirping, and if you look up, you'll.
Speaker 19: See the Sun looks like an ominous black disc in the sky with a faint glow all around it. It happens because the Sun is about four hundred times bigger than the moon, but the Moon is about four hundred times closer to the Earth, so down here they look like they're the exact same size.
Speaker 2: It is a cool thing to watch.
Speaker 5: I cannot wait.
Speaker 7: NASA actually send me some glasses, did they Yes? And it's not these ones that y'all got on your eyes right now. These are just some BS three D glasses that if you look up at the sun, you're probably gonna end up going blind.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna show your glasses with us?
Speaker 5: No, because I'm gonna be at home when this happens.
Speaker 6: Well, these glasses that they have here is eight times darker than regular sunglasses, so I can't see anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 5: I want everybody to look for the spiritual meaning of all of this. Though.
Speaker 7: I was talking to my good sister Debbie Brown, and she was saying that the solar eclipse new moon is potent for clearing karma, clearing trauma energy in the body, and clearing out toxic and unline relationships of all kind. It's also very positive for new beginnings in all areas of life and bringing and for bringing forward highest alignment and all types of relationships.
Speaker 1: So what that means?
Speaker 2: That's what she feel about that?
Speaker 1: Yes, so she said, she said, you should get a journal in pen.
Speaker 7: You should spend fifteen minutes in meditation to cleanse your mind and create some groundedness uh in your in your body. Then allow for your higher consciousness to download and deeper truths with ease.
Speaker 1: Write down names of relationships that need to.
Speaker 7: Be shed in life and work, and names of people you'd like to be less responsible for and even protected from.
Speaker 1: In the dark or your house.
Speaker 2: Jess, I meane God, all right now.
Speaker 6: Last week President Clinton, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden came together to raise twenty six million dollars. All right now, Donald Trump, well, he raised fifty point five million dollars, and the fundraiser in Florida, you.
Speaker 1: Lion, no, so hold on.
Speaker 7: They teamed up the avenges and only could raise twenty six million dollars. But Trump raised fifty million by hisself. Yes, that's not a good sign, not at all.
Speaker 1: Very spectacular evening.
Speaker 2: And people are just wanting change.
Speaker 17: A rich people want food, people wanted everybody wants change.
Speaker 11: Despite raising more than sixty five million dollars in March, Trump looking up at President Biden's March fundraising hall ninety million dollars and in first quarter fundraising with a staggering one hundred and ninety two million dollars on hand, giving Biden a roughly one hundred million dollar advantage over Trump, the administration noting that ninety six percent of its donations were for less than two hundred dollars. But the former president is expecting a record cash hall tonight nearly fifty million dollars at a private campaign event in Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: I don't have no reason to believe that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what they said.
Speaker 6: They said when he got up there and said something about he's going to make sure that he lowers taxes and that he doesn't tax people more.
Speaker 2: They said, they just started don't money.
Speaker 5: I just don't have any reason to believe that.
Speaker 7: I think that if I knew what Obama and Clinton and Biden's number was collectively, if I was Trump, I would double that. I would say I read double that in one night. Because this is coming from his campaign. Of course, I need this to be proven. I don't believe this, Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, he also said that if he goes to jail, it'd be like Nelson Mandela.
Speaker 2: He sure, what did you say that? I was like, what, Yeah, So that's what he said. He compares himself to Nelson Mandela.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that on either. You don't.
Speaker 6: I will gladly become a modern day Nelson Mandela. It will be my great honor.
Speaker 2: Mmm huh m hmm.
Speaker 3: He want these black people to love him, okay, to just love him and cherish him and hold him.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you have the audio.
Speaker 2: We don't have the audioto with it. No, it's it says one audio, but it's not Odeo.
Speaker 1: We have it.
Speaker 5: What do we get.
Speaker 17: They only go after the people that challenge the results of the election. They don't go after the people that cheated. Those people are free. Those people have no problem. If you want to challenge the result of an election, they hound you.
Speaker 2: Look what happened this weekend with two good people.
Speaker 17: They hound them and they scare them and they but we don't get scared.
Speaker 1: We don't get scared.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 17: I don't mind being Nelson Mandela because.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it for a reason. I'm doing it for a reason. You don't mind being Nelson.
Speaker 5: He's not Nelson Mendol.
Speaker 6: He compares himself to Nelson. He says, the black people understand him because he's getting charges and accusations. No, that's the only thing we understand.
Speaker 2: Huh. Crazy, all right? And I just want to tell you guys, powerball.
Speaker 6: I think if you live in Oregon, somebody won a one point three billion dollar jackpot. All right, So congratulations to the individual. And that is front page news.
Speaker 1: Now. Is crazy?
Speaker 2: Why everybody Oregon looking like who isn't yo?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Now? When we come back, comedian Bruce Bruce will be joining us.
Speaker 6: He performed at the April Fools Day Comedy Show this Friday with our very own just hilarious.
Speaker 2: He killed it too.
Speaker 6: It was uh if I had to go order of who killed it, I would say it was Jess.
Speaker 2: Number one and Bruce Bruce number two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I would have to say. Let me gonna talk to Bruce Bruce when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club for more. The Breakfast Club by dj n V Jesse Larian Charlamage to God. We are a breakfast club. We got a special guest in the building, the legend Bruce Bruce.
Speaker 1: That's cracking baby.
Speaker 2: Welcome. How you feeling. Everything's good, man, everything is good.
Speaker 6: But this is the first time Bruce Bruce has been on the show almost and I want to you know when when Sometimes when when somebody comes to the first time, I want to start from the beginning, right, Okay, Now I know your story because I've been studying you, I've been following you. But for people that don't know, how did Bruce Bruce get into comedy? And I want you to explain your job before comedy? Wwayne, you and I used to be a chef.
Speaker 1: I can cook like a mug and you know, everywhere I go, I used to always be funny. So I hired this guy one time I was running a barbecue restaurant. Old guy, and he said he used to watch me in the kitchen when I first start, when he first started, He's watching. He said, you need to do. You need gonna stay. And I ain't pay him to He's I gonna bring you something tomorrow. He brought me this album. You know, back in the day at alb he was a comedian, but he was X Navy. He was an alcoholic. He said, on waste your time on this job and he need to go on stage. Knowing what I did, I quit because I had a family. I was young, man had three kids, and man, I went and started working for Freedo a potato chips, selling potato chips. And the whole time I'm selling potato chips and on the doc, I'm just funny, acting crazy. It's a good old white dude. So you know you need to study. See you here every morning, you know, study you fronny. I look comedians a fraud, say or nothing you know and you go stay. And when I took that step, man, I knew that's why I should have been my whole entire light. And what made me take that step, I was going through a divorce and my ex wife said, you would never make it. Why did you tell you that? So I just looked at it and say, I see you on TV. You know what I'm saying, And it's been gone there. I've been doing it now thirty five years now.
Speaker 6: You also mentioned that you were an only child. Only child, your father left at the age of five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was four or five. He was in Air Force and he was a madic and Air Force and he was uh he flew choppers and airplanes and when he when he got out, he was an antety geologist.
Speaker 2: That was it important to mend that relationship before he passed?
Speaker 1: Or yeah? I did. I did. My mother said, I just wanted to know I remember him. My mama said, what you looking for him for?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: But they be mad. But my mother really ran him off, you know what I mean. She was just she did laying him off and she was off monster.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 19: No, I just.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, this dude is cool. He was really cool, you know, but she like, I don't want to know everything he tried to do. She just knocked it down, Like but she was listening to a girlfriend. That's why I tried to tell all these young girls. Don't listen to no woman that ain't got no man. You don't say what I'm saying. If you got a woman, if you got a girlfriend, you got a husband. She not to treat a husband. But a woman that don't have a man, she can't tell you nothing.
Speaker 10: But he.
Speaker 1: I mean, he just left and he never ever called us ever. And my mother didn't even know she was divorced. He did a non contested divorce because my mother just worked, come home, never went anywhere. So when she said, I think I'm going to get a divorce, So when she went to do it, they said, you already divorced. And Uncle Tessa, you put it in the newspaper for thirty days. You don't answer the ad. Bam you divorce. He was already gone.
Speaker 2: He was gone.
Speaker 1: He was gone, and I got married three more time. I found it when I was like forty years old.
Speaker 2: So he knew who he was.
Speaker 1: He knew exactly who I was, He knew exactly who I looked like. No, my son looked like him, though my baby boy looks just like him. But it's funny how I dip over, you know what I'm saying. But I met with him and we talked and we stayed in touch and he ended up passing away about seventeen years ago. My mother passed away fourteen years Who you and your mom ever have to talk to you ever have to stay here?
Speaker 2: My mom it was you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said, you know I was wrong, She said, I didn't care, she said, but I had the other boyfriend. You know, my mama food around. See, parents don't tell you. They tried to tell you the right thing, but they do the wrong thing in front of you. You know what I'm saying. Those old dudes she used to go with, named David, you know, had platform shoes with taps on. Remember platform he had taps on platform shoes. He come up the steps, clock your mama doing and then he'll tell me, hey, come in, let me give a few doug go on down and get your cocola, you know something like that. I know what you're finna do. Finna get his some tail, you know what I'm saying. So he gets you gets some potato jails. I run right out of the house. You know, I know what he's finna do. I want no food, you know what I'm saying. But he was cool. He was cool to me. He treated me very nice, but she had this one boyfriend she's just crazy about. I don't know what's up with women with this one dude that they like. And he ain't nothing. I mean, man, he wasn't nothing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He dogged my mama. Man he was he was married. She didn't even know he's married. She's older. He's over there every day, every day eating.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God is a good guard. You know how to joke. Yeah, God is a good guy. And woman. Tell you what happened. When I was in high school, four of us used to hang together and we saw him in his truck and my brother said, man, they call you your ma my boyfriend with your mom. I said no, I said, that's my mom boyfriend. That's not my mom. It was another lady. So I got out the car, looked at him and say, hey, you know I see you right. He said, oh, hey, how you doing play? Come on to my mom house. I told my mother I seen him with another woman. He looked me dead in my he said that was not he did not see me. My mother believed it, but the reason she believed it because I didn't like him, So she just kind of figured I made up a story about him and she let it go. But it took her girlfriend or hers to see him, say, saw that dude with another woman? You know what I'm saying. They took her to tell me she dated him like sixteen years man, and I an't to tell you my mother, I don't want to get married. I don't want to get Okay, you don't want to get married, but this dude's already married, so you can't marry this dude. When she found out, she was like, she was toe up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you said, your uncle Paul inspired you as far as comedy because he was the funny.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he was funny. Okay, he tell a lot. Everybody got helping with this lot. Everybody he did, did I tell him?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He told you, said everybody that help me with this lot. But he was one of the best bakers in the world. He he practically raised Gladys Knight back in the day, and they used to call him the sweetbread Man, and Gladys Knight knew him. His name was Paul Henson Junior, and he went by the sweetbread Man because he was the baker in Atlanta, Georgia. He was the man and he talked about Gladys all the time. But Gladys and I was really raised on the same street. The street was Chestnut Street. They changed to James to preet Broadley. I was on four point fifteen. She was on like seven eighty five or something like that, just right up the street, like two blocks.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 1: No, no, I I was a little kid. But she lived at on her first husband, you know what I'm saying. But Gladys is a girl. Man, Wow, how.
Speaker 7: Were you able to translate your funny to actually make a career of it? But somebody like Uncle Paul, who was funny, couldn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: My uncle Paul was just scared of going say he was scared. See see black people back in it, they had the skill to do everything, but they were scared to do it. They had so much fear. So like young kids not that do it. They I don't care, I'll do it. So I just took it and ran with him. Uncle one of the best bakers in the world. He went against bakers from France and Italy, you know, from England, and he beat them all out, you know what I mean. Then he went to he had a cheesecake that he made. It was one of the best cheesecakes in the world, and they tricked him out of it and didn't have sense enough to get a law and everything gave him like ten thousand dollars day clapping. He was all happy with he address, Yeah, when he could have got one hundred million. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But just didn't have a sense and the knowledge to do that at the time. Oh, you know, I wanted to know as a child, was Bruce Bruce big As a child, No, man was a little bit. He called me little Bruce Man. I didn't I didn't get fat till I got may I don't know why I got married.
Speaker 1: That's oh my god. I wouldn't eat it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I was just a little bit of dude, just run around, just messing with everybody. I was a little bit of kid man. But when I got married, I got fat. You know, that's what happened to us as black man. We get complacent that we get complacent with jobs. We get a job and let's just say jeral motives. We make a little money. Oh man, that's a good job. I don't care nothing about a good job. It's about getting out getting it, because it's more than that than getting a good job.
Speaker 5: I ain't like that question, by the way, what you mean I ain't like the question.
Speaker 1: He asked you. What was Bruce Bruce little as a child? On the tip was he was?
Speaker 2: He a big child?
Speaker 1: I went on, fat kid wanted he thought I was just couldn't clap my hands, could clap his hand and y'all clap my hand. But no, man, I was a little kid. Look cute joker. Man, I'm messing with everybody, and you know we we seem to lose focus. And that's what happened. You lose focus, you start eating crazy. But now I'm back at it. Man, I'm sixty two years old.
Speaker 6: Man, Wow, we got more with Bruce Bruce. When we come back, don't move. It's to breakfast club. Good morning, wanting everybody's j n VS. I lost my voice, Jess Hilary Charlamaine the guy. We are the breakfast club. We're still kicking it with Bruce Bruce. Now, I got a question, what's the most difficult city? Because you're on the road, what five days a week, four days a week, shows every you know, every week, what's the toughest city for you?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, I never had a tough city. Man, I've had some tough crowds. When the comedy clubs hold these people hostages, you know, like let's just say, first show is at seven, second show is supposed start at ten, all right, they let the first show run over. These people are coming to the show at ten o'clock outside waiting, So that's the piss they pissed, you know, So you got to really go to work to make them laugh, you know, or go and or say something like this, Hey, y'all have been at work and didn't want to be there, Like, yeah, that's why I feel now, you know what I'm saying. So when you break the ice with them, you got them. Once you get them, you got them. But you got to run the clubs on time. And it's hard dealing with us. It's black people. It's hard to deal with a lot of black people, man. But the white clubs may be on it, damn because they realize the money they can make in the short length of time.
Speaker 7: You know, you maybe think about when it come to doing business with black people and white people, because I love doing business with with with my people, right, but I don't think we often look at it as a business we donel like it should be a personal transaction, right.
Speaker 1: It's always it's because people call my manager and be like, man, blues go back fifteen. I don't even know this brother. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I met him at the gas station and up, you don't know me, bro, Maybe I come across like you do know me, but you don't know me. They'll call and be like, we discussed the deal and he said he would do it for this. That's not true because I don't discuss money at all with anybody. But they always think it's like a partner thing when it should just be busys.
Speaker 2: Do you remember your best show and you remember your worst show?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, I can remember a lot of them, but the people don't know it. I knew it. I can remember my first I mean, I come off sat teyp a guy. I didn't like that show. Well, people thought it was great, but I'd be like, I didn't like that show?
Speaker 2: What was your What was your worst show? Because they said, you don't write things down, it's just all come out a couple.
Speaker 1: One time I was in Houston, Texas, and uh, I was doing this show and I was joning everybody out and this dude came up and joeed me and he was funny, but you know, go u dren Jonah. He said, I like a pickle jaw, you know. And I saw, like, damn, that's funny. I said, I'm gonna keep that, you know, stent me like a pickle jaw. I was like, oh my god, that's funny. But the crowd loved it because I took it so well. I didn't go off, you know exactly. It was really funny when he said it. And the best show I ever did was years and years and years ago, is when Bernie Mack was red hot. Bernie Mack was super hot, and it's a it's a part of Georgia called Makham, Georgia, and it's about hour from Atlanta, and Bernie was performing. He had a five thousand seater and the feature didn't show up and the guy said, hey, man, my features in show. Can you come down opening up for Bernie Mac? I said, yes, you know, I had been in the game now about five years. Yes, And I drove down there quick as I could, and I was on stage and I can remember Bernie Mack had his arm folded looking at me. He said, who's that dude right there, he said his bruce was. He said, he is funny. But Bernie went up and ripped it. And I worked with Bernie twice in my whole entire life. May couldn't. And then I worked with in Columbia, South Carolina on time. That's it. But Bertie was a bad dude, man, And people don't realize when he did I'm not scared of you on death jail. He made that up right then because everybody was coming up. They was having a car a hard time here in New York. Damn jam. They was getting it to him. You know, New York. You know they don't hold no punches, you know. And Bernie said, man, I ain't skettering them, and he went up and did. Him and Capri went together on it and he ripped it. Man, Bernie was a bad due.
Speaker 2: Was that the funniest comedian you have worked with?
Speaker 1: No, man? I know some funny comedians now, like Tony Robbers is stupid funny. Tony makes me laugh. You know who to Robinson was? Oh my god, Tonor Robbins told me he used the dated girl. Her breath was so bad it smelled like a horse's hiccups. So who think of that, who think of a horse's hic? You know what I'm saying. He makes me laugh. Mike Capps. Mike Capps is one of the dude I trained back in the day. Mike used to be on the road me. Mike moved from Indiana to Atlanta. I used to take him on the road with me, and then he moved to New York. And he called me one day, said, man, they want me to audition for Fridays. I said, what you waiting on? I said, looking for somebody like you? And he called me a week later. I got the part. I said, you're on your wait day day. That's my man.
Speaker 2: Now we've seen Kat Williams pulled out his chop a couple of months ago. He was he was fired at everybody. What was your thoughts? Because you know a lot of that stuff was inside that became outside.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Cat just told how he felt, man, and what's been going on in his life for real, and he just got fed up with it. You know when people when people dog you out, Let's just say this. I used to tell people I had a club in Atlanta. It's called Club five five nine. I used to tell my securities I said, listen, when you have an altercation with a guy, be care because they don't forget you. You don't forgot about them. So if you throw them at the club, throw them on their head and they'd be like, I'm not gonna forget that. They won't forget you. But you forgot who that was. And you had to go store with your woman shopping, You run up all you you remember me. You're like, no, you have to be careful. So Kat just went through some things, stuff that he never forgot that was done to him, and he's coming back retaliating, and he just told.
Speaker 13: It like it was.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's a lot of different things you could take from that conversation. But the thing I took from it that I appreciate it. It felt like it put black comedy in a new light. Yeah, like people started paying attention to the old geez like you tony robbers like they.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just felt like it just shine earthquake and shine the light on the people who've been doing.
Speaker 1: It, and people got to understand something about Kat Williams. Cat Williams is not a dummy. He is very smart. He's very smart. I don't know if y'all remember when he had altercation in Atlanta with one of the smith if you know, if you've noticed it, he never lost his composer. He stood there and drunk his coffee and he was killing her the whole time. And he's just cool like that. He's very smart. He's a smart guy.
Speaker 2: How did you feel about all these artists mentioned you and their songs?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Well, you have a surprise that you here before when you heard let Bruce Bruce hit it?
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 1: God, I just hate when dude said it. You know what I'm saying, like, we let Bruce bro You shouldn't be saying that. Then your girls should say it, but not not me.
Speaker 7: Not you broat that on the text this morning did because our producer was like, man, Bruce Bruce is already his we were on the way, yeah.
Speaker 1: And so he goes, well, entertain them, then let Bruce Bruce hit it. I was joking. I forgive you. That's what he said. I forgive you.
Speaker 2: That's inside stuff.
Speaker 1: Man. I just I just thought it was stupid.
Speaker 8: You know he did.
Speaker 1: I felt he felt we cool.
Speaker 5: So he just told me and our producer told him that was he was going to h.
Speaker 1: It's that breathing hot. Why did you do that? Why did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bigg Biggie mentioned you and hypnotized, Yeah, the first time.
Speaker 1: You heard did I was in Jacksonville, Floyd. I never forget this, and I wanted to meet him so bad because I was a fan of Biggie, you know. Man. He came in and I was on stage clowning. I was joning people. I mean, I asked to do it. I said that shirt sill because it's I say, is it's silky? You behind it too much? You know something like that. He walked in, he said, just dude, was funny because if you ever really pay attention to Biggie, he didn't really smile that much, you know what I'm saying. He just always had that look, this nuns look. He smiled on the video when he was on the boat. When he was on the boat and he started smiling, he said, we'll put you down for it. And when I heard him, like what what was that was? People were debating whether he yeah, what did he say that? Yeah? It was like Bruce, Bruce, who do something to us? Talk goes through us? Girls? Do us one of tho screws who meet Poppy and puff. It was just love. He show. But he was a cool guy man, and I actually saw him smile and laugh because I never saw him smile. He just always had this like heart look like you know, he read to fight. But he was really funny. It was fun to be around. So he told you he was going to put you. Yeah, okay, that's how you know it was. Yeah. I listened to it over and though. I just kept coming back. I just listen. I just kept repeating it. Listen to it over and on. That was love. That was real love.
Speaker 6: All right, we got more with Bruce Bruce when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Comedian Bruce Bruce is still here.
Speaker 7: Charlam now Out of Depth, Comedy Jam, Showtime at the Apollo, and Comic View.
Speaker 6: Which one had the most impact on you? Comic View Depth Jam first. Depth Jam was the starting come on that we got to give it to Russell Simmons.
Speaker 1: I mean, big up for you. Depth Jam was good. But when I did Comic View, see Comic View started out as Coast to Coast. I don't know if y'all remember that they used to come out to your city and come to a club and film you and then take it back. And DL was the host, and he's like, look, went all the way down to Atlanta at a club called the Comedy at Theater, and we've seen this guy, Bruce Bruce and then showed me and I did the coast co when they first started. But I never forget the year that I host. It was probably the best year for me that I have ever experienced in my life. They went from ten thousand and ten million viewers a twenty million viewers house and it was great for me. It was good. I made some money. They gave me money for wardrobe. That's why I dressed in all them suits because I thought I was a pimp, you know what I'm saying. I thought I was a straight up pimp.
Speaker 2: Why do you help so many comedians? Comedian to talk about that you helped someone so many comedians in their.
Speaker 1: Career and their life.
Speaker 6: What gives you the energy Because a lot of people be like, I ain't helping him because he might get bigger than me. But you you talked about so many communities.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, but so many helped me. I never forget when I first when I was in the comedy actre in Atlanta, and John Witherspoon came to Atlanta and he looked at me and he say, you got it. He said, you really got it. He say, I like you. So he started telling me what to do and what not to do, and he helped me. He took me up from this way. Ronald Alray did the same thing. He helped me on BT when he was my calls. People don't realize that Ronald Ray was a college professor before he started doing comedy. He was extremely smart, and he would tell me sometimes he said, turn your body to the right a little bit. When you tell that joke, it'll work better. And I'm like, how's that gonna work better? And it worked better. And then the last of the Mohicans who really told me say you won't have to find her, and they will find you. His name was Paul Mooney. Wow, the legend Paul Mooney. He told me that Rodney Winterfield, y'all remb Rightny Windfield, that my man took me. And he said a lot of these juggles don't like you just because you're funny. He says, keep being funny, You're gonna be alright. You used to call me do shows with him, you know, you know back in the day, man, somebody say, man, we got to show paying three hundred dollars. I'm like, let's go. You know these new kids now, he say, man, I got a show for you. How much you're paying? Hold it play? You ain't been seen walking by TV much less on TV. So what is you talking about how much they're paying. If I tell you about the show, I'm gonna make sure you get paid. Just as something you think social media helped to hurt comedy, Oh he helped it, mane. I wish I had social media thirty five years ago. The only thing we had was go in this city early, do radio, try to do TV to get people in there. That social media is a platform that really helped a lot of young comedians now now veteran comedians like myself. They get pissed because all the new young comedians are coming up faster. Have been doing comedy for twenty five years, thirty years, and he ain't been doing coming with three months. I tell them like this, you can't beat them showing it and they're winning, so you might as well fall in the footstep they are winning. But that's why them young comedians feel like. That's why they're asking how much? Right, because they following them. But then the only thing about Charla is when they do get booked, only thing they got to say is what they did on social media. You got to bring out more than that, right, you know you got that's seven minutes, you got, oh it's five, But what about this other twenty minutes they need you to do. You can tell when a person is bombing because they start talking real positive. You know, we need to take care of these kids.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, hey man, support these women. Man, hey man, these women need to support. They need to respect. They're bombing like hell, they trying to get positive. That's a favorite part of a comedy show, you know what it is. I like to see somebody trying to dig themselves out of a hole.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, If you see me laughing really hard, it's probably because you up there stinking.
Speaker 1: Because I remember seeing you, because I watch you guys all the time. I remember seeing you on Ridiculousness. Right Chanelle West Coast, she made her so mad. You see you was coming and say, I never seen you on anything. I never seen you rap with I rapped stoop she got, they went to commercial. I think it happened twice right now. It was just the one that she was But do she rap?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think she did. Okay, okay, but I didn't know it. But I looked at you, and I'm like, oh my god, she's pissed. She got pissed. She moved that hair back commercial commercial, and she came back. She was gonna come, yeah, we're back here.
Speaker 3: To he.
Speaker 1: I never seen your nothing. I never seen you with snoop. I never seen too short, I never seen you. She was pissed. I laughed so hard at that. That was so good.
Speaker 5: How big of a deal is it now for a comedian to have a special Does it even matter?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Let me you know, it's funny you said that. Man, specials are good. I just got signed for Netflix specially okay. And the reason, the reason I just took it, I wasn't gonna do. I was gonna do it myself, like make them buy you know what I'm saying. But they offered it to me. We're gonna do it. We're gonna do it. I think around August so in Atlanta. No, no, no, no, no, We're gonna go somewhere else. I want to go somewhere somebody to think I'm a superstar, you know what I'm saying. In Atlanta, I'm just average. That's up bruising, man. You know they see me and the g But I go somewhere like Chicago, Texas. Oh my god, That's why I want to go in Atlanta. It's my city. I love it. I still live there. And uh, I had a place in La for like thirty years. La just La. You pay, They make you pay for the weather, you know what I mean. Everything is just so high. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 19: It is.
Speaker 1: I've got a couple more questions.
Speaker 7: There's a stigma about black comedians wearing dresses to be funny, having to wear addressed to get to that next level.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts on that. Well, you know, I'm gonna be honest with you, man. I did it. I did it. It's funny you said that. I did a TV show that I take one time never came out. It's called Bruce Bruce Bounty Hunters. I was a bounty hunter. I played a bounty hunter. I played a preacher called Reverend Get Money. It's a Reverend Get Money, And I played a mother named Mother Marshall, which was crazy. But Mother Marshall was a real lady in my church that I mimic. I copy it off for and I also played. I did it in Indianapolis, and I did not feel comfortable in that dress, you know what I'm saying at all. And some people could do it, some people if it worked for you do Flip Wilson did it when he did jeral Deane. You know, cause Flip Willson Show was a variety show, which I love because it wasn't a black show. It was a show for everybody. And that's what people got to understand. But if they want to dress up in a dress, do you think you know? But that's not my thing. Tyler Perry made it big. He's one of the best. But to me, I love Tyler Peerry. But Joe is funny than Tyler Peerr. My deal when he plays Joe. When he plays Joe Joe, it's funny. Joe had an oxygen tank. We're smoking, we coughing, and they say, thank you Jesus, you know what I'm saying. So when he plays Joe, Joe is the funniest dude. That's just me. Yeah, I love my dear, but oh my god, Joe's and.
Speaker 7: See back then we used to see people in their dresses or even see like when they used to do men on film on a living color.
Speaker 1: It was just funny, thought nothing of it. Men on film was the thing when they talked about moby dick, Moby dick that gets two snaps and a kiss, and around about twist, yeah, the twist. Yeah, why do you have to say your name twice? I got My mama just called me twice. My mama said, if I call you the third time, I'm gonna kid you. So my mother said, if I call you three times, you're gonna die today. And my mother was a little one about one forty. I mean, she was just but loving and knew how to make a way out of no way. Most mothers do. That's why it's always good when you do get successful and you start making money, make sure you take care of mom. And one thing you got to realize it don't take much like you think it does. People think like your mama don't want that much. She just wanted to make sure she's okay, she's comfortable, and she got a little money. My mother last twenty years of her life. I made sure she was straight, didn't pay no bills, nothing, but it didn't take much. But then when your family members found out about it, they started trying to use you to you know, my mom I going through something. Well that's your mother, this one is mine. Let you have it.
Speaker 2: It's Bruce, Bruce.
Speaker 7: We've been trying to get Bruce Bruce up here for a minute, man, because you know, I've always just respected you as a as a comedy legend. Man, you an icon, So salute, thank you, let me respect.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody, y'all to Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the message.
Speaker 2: Needs is real weapons, her lions, just car robbing Moore, just don't do.
Speaker 8: No lines, don't do that.
Speaker 6: The world, why jest world. While on the Breakfast Club, she's a coaching ship.
Speaker 2: She was able to.
Speaker 18: Get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 1: The time to set it on.
Speaker 3: So this news is a little bit everywhere, but I'm starting with Carmichael. He says he is not apologizing to no damn Dave Chappelle. I now I don't know Gerral Carmichael was interviewed by Esquire, and he discussed of beef with Dave Chappelle. This, I really really see this coming, but I did myf to do on my research or whatever. Carmichael previously critiqued his latest special, The Closer as anti trans and potentially damaging to Dave Chappelle's legacy, which Chappelle he apparently saw that and he ain't like that. So Carmichael first criticized Chappelle for making anti trans jokes and his stand up specials back in twenty twenty two when he did an interview with GQ. He took it as f Dave Chappelle because he's an egomaniac. Carmichael explained, he wanted me to apologize to him publicly or somes like that. But Carmichael believes that Chappelle should go deeper into his personal insights in his comedy and legacy and just leave the anti trans jokes alone.
Speaker 2: But my thing is so.
Speaker 3: Dave Chappelle wanted him reached out to him like I need you to apologize to me publicly.
Speaker 2: Allegedly, that's what Carmika was saying, and he didn't want to.
Speaker 3: But you're going you're speaking about him in the like publicly about his jokes.
Speaker 1: That's crazy to me.
Speaker 5: Should comedians critique other comedians?
Speaker 2: I mean, all right, so this is the thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, Gerald Carmichael was gay, but he is a comedian at the same time.
Speaker 7: Yes, And I'm sure at some point, if I could think about it, I probably think it would come to me. But I'm sure Drada said something that people probably thought was too far.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, like as a comedian, like you're gonna offend, Like listen, it's trans comedians.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, at what point do I don't know. I just feel like all of that is off limits, you know what I'm saying anytime, you know, But to give him advice on what he should talk, write comedy about is just crazy. Yeah, It's like, like, come on now, you and your feelings. But I am surprised that David was like, you need to publicly apologize to me. I am surprised at that because usually Dave don't care from what I know.
Speaker 1: Like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that was just interesting.
Speaker 3: That was a little cherry I want to drop on your for you all little milkshakes, all right, Look, Didy's son, King Combs was hit with a lawsuit of the legend that he he sexually assaulted a staff on a yacht now the alleged victims claim elected. The alleged victim claimed that she was sexually assaulted by King Comes while she was working as an employee during one of the holiday yacht parties back in December.
Speaker 2: Dad was in December on a yacht in twenty twenty, in December.
Speaker 5: It's different places with different seasons, right.
Speaker 2: I always read.
Speaker 1: Everything Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I was like, hold up now, girl cold, It's all out there, all right.
Speaker 3: So she said she saw constant rotation of suspect the sex workers, as well as celebrities partying and doing drugs. She also said that Christian Colmes allegedly became aggressive with her after forcing her to take a shot of tequila.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: She also said that she suspected that tequila was spiked with something because she looked around and saw other bitches passing out after one drink. He She said that he also allegedly placed his hand on her without her consent and touched her private area later on that night. The court documents claimed that he attempted to force her into giving him oral sex and that he forcibly grabbed her arms in the process.
Speaker 2: Diddy is named in the lawsuit because he's the one.
Speaker 3: That rented out the yacht, so that you know, just the people were speculating like, oh, how does that respect the Diddy.
Speaker 2: He's the one that rented out the yacht. Now justin Colmbs, the other son.
Speaker 3: He was accused in a recent lawsuit of being a part of a cover up and involving the mysterious shooting of his friend identified as G in a lawsuit at a recording studio in twenty twenty two with Diddy, so lad rowed her multiples. Oh yeah, this is also alleged by laurad Jord. This is where you're putting out there. In one of the five lawsuits that he got going on, it was a very long lawsuit. He said he heard multiple gunshots after heat of conversation in a nearby bathroom at a studio when the door when the bathroom door opened, Combs and his son walked out and little Rod found g lying on the floor in the fetal position, bleeding from like his leg hip area and cough and he was holding the stomach now load alleged that Combs told him to tell the police that neither one of the Combs this him or his son had nothing to do with it, and say that the shooting happened outside of the studio by a person that just came through and just started like doing a dry by, like.
Speaker 2: Just shooting out the window.
Speaker 5: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: But the story is G is still alive. But where is G? That's what everybody wondering.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 6: The one thing about the Little Rod lawsuit which I never understood is if Little Rod is suing Diddy because of sexual assault and not getting his pop or public you know, publishing or whatever it may be, why is he discussing so many things that doesn't much anything to do with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like, if this is about my lawsuit and things that I'm suing for you, why is that in the lawsuit. Why is the guy that carries the drug in the lawsuit? Why is the different things in the lawsuit? If it has nothing to do with his suit, That's probably why he raided the studio when you think about it, looking for a weapon.
Speaker 3: So look that that is actually remember I told you earlier when in the Tyrone Blackburn story that who's the lawyer for Laura Rod that is what.
Speaker 2: Led to the raid.
Speaker 7: It probably it makes more sense, right because when you think about, you know, the raid and how they came in with the guns drawn and.
Speaker 1: You do that when it's something like.
Speaker 2: That, and the two sons were handcuffed, you know, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and there was there was There wasn't rumors out there that they were under federal investigation for the l A studio shooting their involvement.
Speaker 2: That would make more sense the sexual worker thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, now real quick. Aochi Lee Simmons is twenty one.
Speaker 3: She kisses her sixty five year old boyfriend Vittorio asof a look, if you ain't catch.
Speaker 2: The first time, don't worry about it. I said it right. She's dating this sixty five year old man. For those who don't know.
Speaker 3: Aoki is the daughter of forty eight year old Komora Lee Simmons and sixty six year old Russell Simmons.
Speaker 2: So he is a year older than our fall, No, I fell, it is a year older than him.
Speaker 3: Yes, Aoki and Pittthodio was seeing kissing on the beach and there on their trip to Saint Bart's.
Speaker 2: Yep, so it's just are saying the two are just enjoying each other's company.
Speaker 3: But listen back in an old Instagram live when Aoki was talking to our father, she did say, if you don't up my allowance, I'm gonna get a sugar daddy. And he told her you don't have sugar baby qualities because you know you're still a virgin.
Speaker 2: She probably said, h not forever, what you're talking about, Jesus. So she said that she yes, in one of their lives, she sure did.
Speaker 6: You know the crazy thing about it, she's twenty twenty sixty five years old, that's what forty something years older?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and she sat she and this.
Speaker 7: Is remember back in the day, guys, oh guys, that women would tell the women that old man, you're gonna get worms.
Speaker 1: What happened to worms? I don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't believe have Wormsbably got rid of all of me, got all that money he got.
Speaker 6: But watching it, she she just put out a live or what she was with him and they were talking on the live and she was asking for crapes and saying that Cardier was her favorite.
Speaker 2: She just didn't see what is crap?
Speaker 1: Rich worms?
Speaker 6: No, crape, select the things that you eat? Man, what's wrong with you? But she just didn't seem mature enough for that age. And I mean she didn't seem like you could tell a mature level wasn't at the same thing. And that's what scares me. When somebody at twenty one, twenty two, whatever age she is, is dating a sixty five years.
Speaker 7: I think if you twenty one, you ain't gonna never be mature enough to date a sixty five year old You're right, okay, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: But but but but the way she was talking to sound is still like a young g little girl, like crape, I want, I want to crape.
Speaker 2: What do you watch it? What do you want your crape?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 2: That is my favorite rest of my family.
Speaker 6: I just think that when you're a man, you got to hold it in perspective, right, Jesus, how old?
Speaker 1: How many years old is he?
Speaker 2: Sixty five, sixty five two? To the math, I'm like thirty two, forty two, fifty two, sixty two, forty.
Speaker 1: Seven, forty something.
Speaker 7: So matine being forty something years old when somebody zero you're looking at somebody, you're looking at a person pregnant, are you pregnant with the think with the person you're gonna be with twenty years from now. You gotta put things in perspective from time and be like, you know what, now, that ain't what I need to be doing.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people were saying, like, you know, the apple don't fall off from the tree, because that's the same thing that her dad did with her mom. But Russell was not that much older, not that much older, not forty something years older than Kamora, and Kamora happen was something on her story where like she was like kind of saying that you want her to do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventeen, okay there, but not forty four.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow. And then they used to travel the same boss all the time as little kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jesus, that.
Speaker 6: Is chest with the message. Her news is real. Charlamage are giving that donkey two fiveter the hour? Well about about a minute, I need all you unhealed. He's in who mad at Jay Cole apologizing to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a word with you. Oh and let's talk about this when you're finished with this eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one, let's discuss.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 13: You're checking out the breakfast Club, Charlage some donkey to days, just sud himself watching Charlotte Man ready for.
Speaker 1: I never heard them donkey again, Charlama, I'm a duncan, Yes you are.
Speaker 2: Until everything that's Charlottevagne's true.
Speaker 7: Donkey Today for Monday, April eighth goes to all of you that are disappointed that Jay Cole apologize to Kendrick Lamar, if you haven't been paying attention because you've grown as hell, got a family and don't give a damn what these rappers be talking about, let me give you a quick refresher. Kendrick decided to give a few boss to j Cole and Drake on Metro Boom in the future song like that Do we have some clips?
Speaker 2: Is a ready yeah, getting up with me sneak this the first place to shoot. I hope they came within three switches.
Speaker 6: I crashed out like crap, this many mild if I had two got two teams with me.
Speaker 2: I'm snatching changing burning tattoos. Just I lost too many soldiers not to players safe you walking around with this and k they go, I won't try the location. I still got PTSD mother three. It's just big meat.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: Now, this past Friday, J Cole decided to respond when he dropped the surprise project called Mike delete later and on his seven minute.
Speaker 1: Drill uh, he threw some shot backs, threw some shots back at Kendrick.
Speaker 2: Let's listen, and I came up in the there, so I'm good winning tension.
Speaker 21: He's still doing shows, but fell off like the substance. And first it was class said your last it was tragic. The second she put the ends to sleep, but they gased. And your third is classes and that was your prime. I was trailing right behind and I just now hit mine now front top of the line with a comfortable leave. How I run it so as I got it now, he wrote something with me, will you call me at the perfect time? Jump up and see why I got here off of Wars. Not no controversy, funny thing about it.
Speaker 19: This.
Speaker 2: I don't even want the.
Speaker 21: Prestige, oh Grammy's because the cracks ain't never done nothing for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let the record show.
Speaker 7: When I heard that last week, I immediately said to myself, J Cole needs to delete that now, don't wait until later, Okay, I told people Jake Cole sounded like he didn't even believe what he was saying about Kendrick. He said, Kendrick fell off like the Simpsons. The Simpsons has been off for thirty five years, all right. At the top of the game, he sounded Look, he had a gun in his head and he was being forced to read a bunch of stupid ass rhetorics that he got from social media and YouTube videos.
Speaker 1: Because if it's.
Speaker 7: One thing you cannot go at Kung Fu Kenny for, it's his music. That's all Kendrick stands on. That's his business, the music. He is in the business of making classic, timeless music that even if you don't get in the moment, it will be there waiting for you when.
Speaker 1: You catch up.
Speaker 7: So not only did I think Cole's response was weak, I just knew he didn't believe anything he was saying. And all of that was confirmed for me last night at the Dream Festival when Cole decided to apologize the Chemdrick claball let's listen.
Speaker 4: In my spirit of trying to like get this music out, I moved in a way that was that I feel spiritually feel bad on me, like like I try to like jab my back and I try to keep it friendly when I listen to it, and when it comes out and I see the talk that don't sit right with my spirit, that make me feel that disrupts my peace. So what I want to say right here tonight is in the midst of me doing that and and that trying to find a little angle and down play this this catalog in his greatness, I just want to come up here and be like publicly, be like bro that was the lamest like goofy is. And I say all that to say it made me feel like ten years ago when I was moving incorrectly. And I pray that God aligne me back up on my purpose and on my path, you know what I mean. I pray that my really didn't feel no way, and if he did, got my chin out, take your best shout.
Speaker 1: I'm take that on the chin, boy, don't you do.
Speaker 2: I pray that, you know.
Speaker 4: I pray that y'all or like forgive for like the misstep, and then I can get back to my true path because I ain't gonna lot of y'all. Past two days felt terrible and letting you know how good I've been sleeping for the past ten years.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: I have feelings as a man, feelings of a hip hop fan.
Speaker 7: The hip hop fan in me isn't disappointed because in life, you have to pick your battles, and you have to pick your battles carefully because danger comes from trying to surpass your limits.
Speaker 1: Cold.
Speaker 5: No, he didn't really want it with Kendrick.
Speaker 7: So if you don't really want it with a person, then you are pushing yourself past the limit you aren't willing to go, and that's usually when you end up getting hurt. Not to mention, Cole said something very important in that apology. He said it didn't sit right with his spirit. You must always listen to your spirit, and Cole, the reason your Kendrick this didn't sit right and your spirit was because you knew you was lying. Okay, you knew you didn't feel like that about Kendrick's music. You are an artist, a true MC. So there is not too many people who appreciate what Kendrick Lamar does as much as you do. Kendrick Lamar don't need to be a part of every algorithm on social media because Kendrick is in a surfer. He's a wave. There is a difference a lot of your surface. You get online every day looking for a new wave to ride. Kendrick when he drops projects, creates those ways that people ride period. Good Kid, Mad City, classic album. We noticed the Pimple Butterfly, my favorite Kendrick La my album. That album is black andly black black. If you ask me, Kendrick re ushered in a black renaissance in music with that album. But that's a discussion for another day. Damn is a great project. I don't know if I have it as classic status, but Cole, you said that's his prime. You said that was his peak. So if that's the case, then you think that's his best body of work. So that's three classic albums were discussing, and then mister Moralan and the Miss Step was I told y'allmuch ago. In the future, we are gonna look at that and jay Z's four four four as two of the most important hip hop albums of all time. And you know when that's going to come. When you unhealed heathens get some healing when you men grow up. And that's what we are here to talk about today. The rap fan in me understands the disappointment many of you feeling. Cole with the man in me who understands that I'm a spiritual being living in human existence, has nothing but respect for what j Cole did. Shee's So many of us lead with pride and ego nowadays, and we let these idiots on social media who we don't even know pair pressure us to say things and do things that we don't even want to do. It takes a real human to check themselves and say, man, what I'm doing. I don't even believe. I don't even believe in I don't believe what I said. I don't even believe in what I did. Apologize and keep it moving. Y'all want a man to attack a man for your entertainment. Because we are a culture that feeds off conflict, we just have to have some conflict to feast on. We like to see people at war with each other because so many of us are at war with ourselves. It's really that simple, okay. Unhealed people hurt people and love to see other people hurt. Healed people and people on a healing journey aren't in the hurt business. Often individuals who have experienced hurt, haven't processed their pain are developed effective coping strategies.
Speaker 1: Their unprocessed emotions can manifest as.
Speaker 7: Aggressive behavior towards others, and additionally, they may replicate the damaging behaviors they have experienced, a phenomenon known as the cycle of abuse.
Speaker 1: Salute the Coal for breaking the cycle, especially if he simply doesn't want to.
Speaker 7: Good for you, Cole for not succumbing to the pier pressure of your homeboys, other artists, social media. Whatever it is, okay, you as a man and rapper didn't feel comfortable with what you did. Bravo for apologizing. Bravo for doing what you feel in your spirits. When y'all having these combos about Coal and being disappointed that he apologized, ask yourself, what's that about?
Speaker 1: Make sure that's not your wounded ego talking? And I want to say something else.
Speaker 7: Why are y'all so controlled by other people? Some of y'all had the nerve to ride with Cole when he told you to lie.
Speaker 1: He told you about Kendrick's albums.
Speaker 7: He was right there all weekend acting like Cole was right about kendricks projects. Whole time he was capping and you was right there co signing the cap. Just Friday, y'all was saying Cole is number one. Y'all had Cole one, Kendrick zero. Trending now that Cole is apologized for capping, y'all saying he backed the number three, y'all calling him the middle child again.
Speaker 1: Not forty eight hours after y'all was just saying number one.
Speaker 7: This is exactly why you should always just do you and do what your spirit tells you to do. Don't listen to none of these fools because they never know what they want. Please give all these unhealed heathens mad at Cole for apologizing the biggest he huh, all right, so dramatic.
Speaker 6: Well, let's discuss eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. I disagree with you, though, but let's discuss five one five one.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not even about that unhealed heath. And we all know this is well I am, but J Cole. When it came to J. Cole, people always, in my opinion, slept on J.
Speaker 1: Cole.
Speaker 2: They always had a problem with J.
Speaker 1: Cole.
Speaker 6: He produced his own beats, His beasts don't knock the same. In the last three four years, J. Cole has been getting on other people's beats. He's been getting on records with people embodying everything he put out. He get on First Person Shooter and people started comparing him. He said he wants to be number one. He said, he's number one. This is lyrical warfare. This ain't Nobody ever thought it was gonna be the South first to west. Nobody thought they were gonna kill each o.
Speaker 2: This is lyrics.
Speaker 5: Lyrics. So why you're mad at him for taking a step back.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at him.
Speaker 6: But if you want to be number one, and you say you're number one, and when that person comes and test you, you can't run away.
Speaker 2: You gotta you gotta battle back.
Speaker 1: That's like me and bro.
Speaker 2: That's how That's how the game is played.
Speaker 1: Who's playing the game?
Speaker 5: If I don't want to play your game?
Speaker 6: Caitlyn wanted to be number one, right, and she lost, and the game cocks came and washed it, and she tried and she no choice. Basketball didn't. She didn't come back and apologize. She didn't come back and say, you know what, that is terrible. I shot thirty five points.
Speaker 1: It's not there's still basketball.
Speaker 2: You don't you don't you don't turn around after.
Speaker 6: You don't know this is this is lyrics. It's not against you want to be number one, Let's be number one. It's not again Jacobin spitting. He's been putting the work in the last couple of years. I just don't like the fact.
Speaker 7: If his heart's not in it right and he decides to get in that booth and spit some weak lyrics like he did last week.
Speaker 2: His heart wasn't it before shoot up?
Speaker 1: His heart was it was battling. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I would have preferred Cole if he wanted to respond, just write some dope lyrics and say you the best and let he talk about he's number one, he's the best. He's saying that song, he's the best. So keep keep proving you're the best. Part just being a doulpt rapper. You don't got to challenge somebody directly.
Speaker 2: That was a challenge.
Speaker 7: Have you ever have you ever done a real I mean a DJ battle. I don't know, Yes, I'm asking I have Do you do you surely need to do him now?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yes, you just go out there and you know what I'm saying, can prove you the best? Just by doing the work. I don't have to challenge anybody to say you the best. You have to challenge somebody to say you the best.
Speaker 2: I know I don't.
Speaker 6: And if you do and decide to take it. But if you do challenge and the person gives you that work, you give him that work back.
Speaker 1: If you got your ass.
Speaker 3: He got apology after that comment, like after him being in the comments. He's set in the comments and saw the feedback and was like, oh man, now it don't.
Speaker 1: Sit right with me. I think I think he gets busy. I think he wrote the record because he was in the comments.
Speaker 2: I do I do believe that.
Speaker 6: I don't think when we come back, and let's somebody when we come back eight hundred and five eight five one five one, let's discuss the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Coarter, your phone call.
Speaker 6: In right now.
Speaker 2: You call me.
Speaker 1: At your opinion to the Breakfast Club top break it down. Eight hundred eight one five one The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning, everybody, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: If he's just joining us, Charlamagne gave donkey to day to who everybody.
Speaker 7: Who's upset that uh J Cole decided to apologize to Kendrick Lamar you know y'all should be directing y'all energy towards the Drake Wow, because Kendrick's bars will mostly aim for Drake.
Speaker 2: I agree, Cole really didn't.
Speaker 7: Cole just caught a couple straight, correct, and decided to jump out there for no reason.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean, telling a bunch of lies, correct, a bunch of cap correct. Jake Kendricks fell off like the Simpsons. Simpson has been off for thirty five years. She's trying to try to lie to us and revise history and make us believe that Kendrick's catalog isn't what it is, that The Pimple Butterfly is the one of the greatest hip.
Speaker 1: Hop albums of all time? Are you really? Are you serious? He didn't believe himself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well yeah, kendrick albums are a dope day. I mean, you can't believe kendricks albums and Kendrick gobms a dope. But I just feel like this is rap. This is this is lyrical war like. Like I said, what I've seen J Cole. I've seen people issuing on J. Cole beforehand, say, you know, they don't like his beats, They didn't like his beat selects. They don't like the fact that he makes beats. He doesn't new records with a lot of different people. He started doing that in the last three years. Unless all be honest, people started looking Ja Cole in a different light.
Speaker 1: Who is these people who loved j Cole?
Speaker 7: We got people like Nao Simone who went to college, who went to Saint John's because of J Cole.
Speaker 2: People are starting to look at J Cole in a different light?
Speaker 1: What light?
Speaker 7: Ja Coole has always been in the Big Three conversation, NB, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: No, it is this lord, it is but you was.
Speaker 7: You had an opportunity to sign him back in the day and you miss So now you try to you you've been trying to downplay him to yourself all these years.
Speaker 6: I always I think Jake Cole is one of the nicest, and I love the fact that he's rapping with people. I love the fact that he's doing other beasts, and I love the fact that he's stepping out of his lane that he usually do. Jake Cole is one of the nicest regardless. So when I start talking at talk like I'm number one Muhammad Ali, I'm like, yeah. Then when I see Kendrick Jump and I'm like, okay, and I like this Cold album is dope, but I think it's getting shadow for that seven minute.
Speaker 7: Drill cause you know why, because Cole, realize what am I here? You have a you have a you have a somebody got a beef for one of your people's right and it's not even.
Speaker 1: Really your people.
Speaker 2: People like that many times people.
Speaker 1: So you jump out the window like, no, man, we're gonna rocket all the time. And where are your man at my?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: Back out?
Speaker 1: And now I'm in the beat. You know what I'm saying. I don't want to be in the ben your ass be while your man at home?
Speaker 20: Though?
Speaker 1: Why you went over there in the first place? Over there? You're right? Happen to me?
Speaker 3: Do you used to consign people? What you used to consigned people? You had a record label?
Speaker 17: Sign?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 6: Because he was like you under sign had a couple of artists back in the day. Yes, absolutely, he missed out on j Cole Ambryson too.
Speaker 2: Who you have? Who is who is on your list? Let's go to the phone lunch, tell them was on your list?
Speaker 1: You turned down col and Bright, the Tillers, and who did you get?
Speaker 2: Who did you sign.
Speaker 6: Two artists actually who one his name was news One, his name is Coke News went on the Sign with IRV Gotti and Cope was a ghostwriter for a lot of artists in industry.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I started doing radio.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I talk to you?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Keep? What's up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 14: Bro?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 10: So I just dropped out about this, like just now going to talk to here today.
Speaker 8: So I'm frankly mad, like I'm I'm presially upset.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, talk to me.
Speaker 10: Just I just I just feel like, uh, football, I just don't feel like he got enough work if he's putting these Big three.
Speaker 8: Competitions the way he got be putting them.
Speaker 1: In these conversations, who's talking about Kendrick? You're an idiot? I hang up on you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Bro, I'm sorry I got to hang up with.
Speaker 1: He's just an idiot.
Speaker 7: But you know what, I'm not gonna call him a idiot because we live in this world where people feel like you got to have a feature out every week, a song out every week, you got to drop a album every year. We don't appreciate people who take time to give us these timeless masterpieces.
Speaker 1: Hello, hendrick Yoh what's good? Yeah, and a hundred percent agree with you. Man cold for years, been saying he the he the best, and then when it's time for competition, he backing out.
Speaker 10: You said he Muhammad Ali? Who Muhammad Ali?
Speaker 1: Backing down from and apologizing. That's y'all dumb man for believing he was Mhammad Ali.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, No, no, I never said I don't believe you Muhammad Ali, but that you craimed you Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 10: You can't be.
Speaker 8: Backing now when you got competition coming at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you, all right? With you so cold?
Speaker 2: You know, I mean do better?
Speaker 6: Well you got cold ranked now Hello, he's going all right, call us up right now, let's discuss.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, y'all talking about it. You know we talking about it, about it.
Speaker 13: It's topic times called eight hundred five five five one to join to the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: More than everybody. We are the breakfast club, nephew, just joining us. We're having this cold conversation. Charlamagne gave j Cole conversation donkey today for what uh?
Speaker 7: Because people are mad that Jay Cole apologize. I feel like, you know, if his spirit wasn't in it, which we knew when I heard the song, I said, Jay Cole, don't even believe what he's saying right now. So if your spirit's not in it, and you know, you just cappen for the sake of capping, why continue to cap? See a lot of people tell one lie and then they know they don't realize they got to keep telling more lies for.
Speaker 6: That first lie calls out of lies. You ain't gonna beat Kendrick with no lies, so you might.
Speaker 1: To go back out. That's why I wasn't sitting right with cold spirit, because he knew he was lying.
Speaker 3: He said, all right, so he can't have a change of heart. He said, you know what, you know what, it wasn't even right, Like, so why are you doing all that? You're so dramatic. He literally apologized, he said in his apology for four minutes. He said that, like, you know what, you can have a change jahaw for some things like remember like when you apologize, Simonique, Remember.
Speaker 1: We're saying the same thing right now. What do you mean, I'm yes, he's.
Speaker 3: So dramatic with him, Like what is he what's going on? Saying the exact Yeah, okay, so disagree with him with NBS, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 8: Honestly, I feel like Jacoble should have just did it differently.
Speaker 5: I feel like he wasn't wrong, but.
Speaker 8: Doing the disch I just felt like he didn't have good points on on like.
Speaker 1: That's right, why you're absolutely right?
Speaker 7: He didn't believe nothing he was saying. He should have just rapped same way he did on first further, should just show people. He should have just wrapped and said something like, Kendrick come nicer than you, that's it, But you come up with all of these.
Speaker 2: Lame mashettlement, I'm nice than you, Like I'm a nice guy like that.
Speaker 1: Kendrick lam I don't have no stains on his jacket.
Speaker 7: If you are MC, what are you going to say about Kendrick lamar correct, like you can't say anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but they both lyrically get busy.
Speaker 6: But like man saying, I like J Cole as a rapper, you know, I love Kendrick as a rapper, But I just feel like J Cole's been getting to that point where people are looking at him differently, and I know you don't think so, but at one time, there were so many complaints about J Cole. He doesn't pick the right beats, he doesn't produce his own he produces his own records. He needs to step outside the backs, he needs to do more records with other people. And he's been doing all of that, and he's been bodying it, and I think it's been showing people a different light of J Cole and like that I've seen and I just feel like that's taken away.
Speaker 2: And I just hate that because I think the boy get busy. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 20: From Charlotte?
Speaker 1: The money, y'all know what's happening.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I want to come in on the co was just a dream deal last night. I think that this I really don't even think the Kendrick this was was all the way to cold. I think it was mostly.
Speaker 2: Drake.
Speaker 20: So that's why I think that just co respot wasn't as he started. But yeah said it's a classic ippore him and you know, apologized because he didn't come hard though, so I'm saying, but he definitely that's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, we talk about Mike. Delete later, No delete this and that. Damn it, man, I don't know who was in the studio with you and let you put that on that tape. But your whole dream Real team would be ashamed of theyself.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: It's this Camas, Florida.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, good morning, good morning. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 20: Bro?
Speaker 16: So, I just wanted to say, I'm here for the craps. I'm here for the bars. I mean, I'm not too crod You know what exactly wrap all that?
Speaker 19: Like?
Speaker 16: What what were you supposed to stay a what are you supposed to stay bad about keeping in the fact that he could put something together and get a complete this track. I'm this is what we want to see. They ain't give us a collaboration project wrapping against each other.
Speaker 6: Now, Kendrick should not respond. I mean, Kendrick already did the damage. There's nothing to respond to. But I do understand why Jay Cole apologize. I do understand why, like you belittle that's work and that's not Ja Cole's character. I do get that, but your rapper and I think he should have thought about it a little a little differently before he put out seven minute drill because he gets busy.
Speaker 2: I think for a lot of people that takes away from that get busy.
Speaker 6: Where is Drake Kendrick. Drake is the one that keep getting jabbed up by Kendrick. Ain't Cole Kendrick gave it to Cole the Drake.
Speaker 7: On that BT freestyle. He gave it to Drake on King Kunta. He gave it to Drake on uh something else recently? Was not recently? Yeah, the first person that first shooter, the new one. Drake is the one he wants smoking.
Speaker 2: Ain't raised say nothing.
Speaker 6: No, Drake gonna say something. And I think I think Drake is preparing because he doesn't. He don't only got to go to Kendrick. He gotta go at everybody that sided with future in Metro.
Speaker 1: Yes, go with everybody.
Speaker 7: And then Cole said, I said people was on his phone talking about his wartime. I bet you one of them Texas came from Aubury.
Speaker 1: It's wartime.
Speaker 6: You grabbed your gun and ran outside shooting, And Aubrey ain't nowhere to be found.
Speaker 1: He in Canada.
Speaker 6: I've been there before, cold damn. And then when you need help, they they run the other way. I've been there before, and I also.
Speaker 1: Want to say too. I do not like when people act like just because.
Speaker 7: Kendrick, like I said, it is not chasing the algorithm, and it's not jumping on records, you know, every week and putting out an album every year that we act like he's not one of the greatest. Lauren Hill been out here torn with one album and she and you'all top five. Okay, she'll say that Foojie's albums. Okay, Well, let me ask Eric Aba. Is she one of the greatest of all time?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Is Jill Scott one of the greatest of all time? Ask you how how many albums they got?
Speaker 1: Both of them?
Speaker 6: Eric Badu got five, Jill Scott got five. Eric Bade put out an album since twenty ten. Jill Scott ain't put out an album since twenty and fifteen. What I mean, I Biggie has two albums.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 7: It don't matter, Like it's not about putting out ten albums to realize twelve albums. As long as you put out great bodies of work that stay in the test of time in their time list, they will put you in that upper echelon. I like artists that take time putting together classic do to that's it.
Speaker 2: Jess absolutely got but we'll be talking about got Lie.
Speaker 3: I'm just side of this little conversation and like, all right, you apologize, he said, sorry it didn't some right whispirit.
Speaker 1: Okay, now that's what I agree.
Speaker 2: Drake. Ain't gonna say nothing. Kendrick. It is still gonna be the best. It is what it is.
Speaker 5: I agree, all right?
Speaker 2: What I oh, Ninni said? Ninnie Leek said, if you're gonna cheat, do it right.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, we'll get to it. Nexus to the breakfast club in the morning. The breakfast Club, I want to salute the Carolyn mass.
Speaker 7: Caroline Mass one dan Ye from NASA, she sent, she said, sent me a little notes to dish Alla Man. I hope you and your family get an opportunity to experience the eclipse, enjoy the glasses, and I look forward to connecting with you soon.
Speaker 5: She sent me some glasses from NASA.
Speaker 2: He made fun of the glasses we put said he was never going because they clowned out. What these glasses look like.
Speaker 5: I gotta plug it up and charge it up, you don't you liar?
Speaker 2: She got pluggable glasses from No damn plugging from this came from nasal. Okay, all right, flex look at.
Speaker 1: These crazy connections.
Speaker 3: Learn glass words. Let's go to the mess one day. I'm gona report the story about you, and you're gonna see it coming.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna disappear on it like real weapons.
Speaker 2: Rob Moore.
Speaker 3: Just don't do no, Lie, don't don't spend nobody.
Speaker 2: World?
Speaker 1: Why jes world?
Speaker 2: Why on the breakfast Club, she's the coaches ship.
Speaker 18: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 3: Could get you to see this time to set it off, nobody could get nobody to see this money. Angela Jolie alleges that bread Pitt's abuse started well before twenty sixteen. So we know that she filed for divorce from Brad Pitt in twenty sixteen after his verbal and physical abuse assault to her and the children on a private plane, but Julie said that the altercation, I mean that his abuse started well before the plane altercation. Her lawyer says that while Brad Pitt's history of physical abuse toward Angelina started well before the plane altercation, this was the first time that he actually like has spanked the kids or whatever.
Speaker 2: And then she immediately left him after that.
Speaker 3: These allegations are coming back up after ongoing legal troubles of pitts on her. So they just swing each other. It's like Real life missed them as a smith. Right now, he's claiming that she's sold half of their vineyard. They had a vineyard together when they were married. Please come on, y'all, get off your phones, like for real, pay attention because this is more news that I paid for.
Speaker 2: So look now, they had a vineyard together.
Speaker 3: It's called Chato merravoll right in the divorce, they plan to split it like down the middle because they both owned it. Now Jolie sold her half. He's sawing her because he did. He had no knowledge that she saw her half. She sold it to the Stolely group in twenty twenty one. But I felt like if it's my half, then it was my almost like whatever, you know. But he said that that was in violation of his contractual rights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first refuse it, Yeah, obviously none.
Speaker 3: The other day, April fourth, twenty twenty four, Angela Jolie's lawyers requested to release the proof that Pitt would not allow her to sell it to him, so she tried to sell it to him. But she was like, no, I didn't sell it to him because he had he wanted me to sign an expansive NBA. So apparently it was a bunch of stipulations and stuff like, it was a bunch of leapoles, and Shanet feel comfortable signing it. So she did try to sell it to him so she could be done with it. But he was trying to do it his little way, you know. But that's a brand pit, you know.
Speaker 6: So so what they're saying about this on white rich Twitter, they have a white rich Twitter, like there's a black Twitter.
Speaker 1: Is white rich Twitter.
Speaker 2: Uproar you have to pay for it?
Speaker 7: So now white rich Twitter is not outraged about this alleged abuse from Brad Pitt. Crazy the way black Twitter would be if it was an alleged abuse, exactly celebrity of that statue.
Speaker 2: If I feel like it would be more.
Speaker 3: You know, attainable if you didn't have to pay for it, because people don't like what come on, come on, come on, come on home.
Speaker 2: Subscription for all the news that these white people was trying to cover up about themselves.
Speaker 1: So lovely.
Speaker 3: Now in Black Free News, Nimi Leek said she's okay with she eating if it's done respectfully. So she was on ig Libel Carlos King and she said she can get down with respectful cheating. Right.
Speaker 2: She essentially said, what you don't know won't hurt you. But then she went down. She gave us the breakdown on cheating etiquette. Now, respectful cheating, I could deal with that.
Speaker 1: What you don't know won't hurt you. It won't hurt you.
Speaker 2: How have If you're going to cheat, you need to do it with respect.
Speaker 1: Number one, you can never approach your side piece.
Speaker 2: Doesn't call my phone saying put my man on the phone, be kind of.
Speaker 5: Like we dang girl on your social media, yeah, or.
Speaker 7: Or when the side piece post the arm of the man with his tattoos so you.
Speaker 1: Could see the year he was born and the year of his daughter so that you can identify that. Yeah, girl, this's my man too. That's disrespectful cheating. Keep your side pieces in check.
Speaker 5: I don't even understand that language.
Speaker 7: No l in Englay. I don't even know what the la talking about. Somebody translated for me. Matter fact, I don't even care.
Speaker 1: Nope, you know what I mean. I gotta get a Rosetta stone. I don't know what type of I don't know. I don't don't you know what. I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even hear exactly. We're good. Was just going to move on broke to a divorce.
Speaker 3: Chance, The rapper and wife Kirsten Corley announced that they divorced. They shared the same post of their Instagram stories, basically saying that they asked for privacy after it was publicly announced that they were divorced. They've been married since twenty nineteen, and just last month, they celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary on March ninth. Sad you know, yeah, but he was getting his little life shortly after he was Yeah, somebody giving him a lap dance. It looked like he was that carnival Convo's not going on right now, is it.
Speaker 2: That was a while and that was yeah, that was a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: When that was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Sure was from there, Yeah, all right, because it just it just circulated a gun, okay, because I never seen it from the jump.
Speaker 2: So so that was years ago. That was why he was married. That was when they was married.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, don't grow up anything, thank you very much, all right, I'm just saying because that means that was the part of what he was doing when they were married.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I just send both of them, you know, haaling.
Speaker 7: Energy, you know, and it's interesting to you know, I'm sure that they gave Chance a lot of flag for this because you know, he put out.
Speaker 2: The whole album and the whole album was dedicated to his wife.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure they was on him about that.
Speaker 1: What thing has changed.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean that they'll stay divorce hopefully because they got children together.
Speaker 5: Hopefully they work it out if it's meant to be.
Speaker 1: They I mean, they don't get divorces.
Speaker 3: What you say, correct, Well, they both shared the same post, so apparently they're on some type of accord like with each other, you know what I'm saying, because the same exact posts and then it said at the end of it is that thank you Chance and Kirsten. So they might just be you know, they might need a little break whatever, Like you said, hopefully because they filed for the Voice, they're not. They're not divorced yet and maybe they won't. So that's hopes and wishes today. But I feel like they look alike.
Speaker 5: It's marriage a thing a chance like?
Speaker 1: Is it a thing?
Speaker 5: A chance like? Like you know it's like, is it a gamble?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure y'all can talk to each other because until I get married, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't look at it like that. But is it because it may work, it may not.
Speaker 1: You hope it's right.
Speaker 6: But you know what just made me think when when you when you just spoke about it, I was wondering if they were going through problems. And he did that album as a dedication to to say I love my wife, I don't, I don't. I want to fix this and what if you thought the album is what? And now he calls it all like you know what, like you can come with this, oh my thing. You always got to remember that whenever you're dedicated now to somebody, make.
Speaker 1: Sure it's hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, alright, well that is yes with the mess absolutely I did good.
Speaker 3: Like first of all, drop please won't for me in this week because I've been delivering some stuff that people try to act like they but they didn't even know.
Speaker 1: That's right, m all right, mix us up next to skull.
Speaker 6: You're checking out the breakfast club more than everybody. We are the Breakfast Club Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne to God. We're back a week off. Did you guys do anything at all?
Speaker 2: Yes? I actually went home and chill with my man. I was so happy. Even though he wasn't off he like he.
Speaker 3: I still saw him a lot though, Like he did like loads around like Maryland and stuff because I wasn't up here. Yeah, so I really missed my bed at home, and I missed my estate and my land and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plux and whatever. But I just was so so so happy to see some grass, my dog everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I spent time with my son, even though I had him the week before up here. Ash is different when he's at home. He helps me out so so much.
Speaker 1: More so, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And she killed the April fools Day comedy show. Salute to everybody that I was there. She looked at Michaels just solarious killed it. Shout to Bruce Bruce, Shout out Tracy Morgan, Shout to DL Hugh Lee, Shout to Chaunte Wayne's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sorella j z yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody who came out sold our shows in New Brunswick.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're up in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yes, at the Stress Factory. I had four shows there last week last weekend. That was my first time on stage. Like I said, I I told my fans. I was very transparent. I was like, yo, I was so nervous, but not nervous because I didn't know.
Speaker 2: What to say. Just you know, it's like riding a bike. You get back on stage and you're like, oh, okay.
Speaker 3: But the build up because I was off stage for like almost three months, so I was kind of nervous. That was That was a show that she was supposed to come to you. But I'm sorry, but I came to the one of Brooklyn. Yeah, I did five minutes there.
Speaker 1: She's an hour.
Speaker 2: I did. I did, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Look to the big back woman who was very upset with me. She was sitting right in front of me.
Speaker 7: A friend wanted wanted to take a picture, and she did not want to take that picture for her friend.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, Joe.
Speaker 7: Here's the funny part when just starts telling the joke. All you hear is all the big women and.
Speaker 1: Then say he's here, He's right there. I was like, man, or everybody around the chicken wings on.
Speaker 2: Me, when we come back. We got the positive note. It's the breakfast Club. Come morning, order everybody. We are the breakfast Club. You got some positivity, mister, I do.
Speaker 1: I want to tell everybody too.
Speaker 7: Man, make sure you go get your tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening April twenty seventh in Atlanta at Pullman Yards, Wallowing, Gilly gonna be on that podcast, Dage Jess, Hilarious, were carefully reckless, Wie Brown wo deeply well, the Poor Minds Podcast.
Speaker 5: Horrible decision.
Speaker 7: So go get your tickets right now, yeah, at eventwright dot com or Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 1: And I gotta salute Alice Randall.
Speaker 2: Her book My.
Speaker 7: Black Country, a Journey through country Music's Black Past, President Future, comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 5: That is the next release off Black Privilege Publishing.
Speaker 6: So you know, everybody's on this black country music kick because of Beyonce, and we thank Beyonce for that. So Alice Randall will be dropping My Black Country tomorrow, so go pick that up now. The positive notice simply this. You do not need the work to become spiritual. Okay, you are spiritual. You need only to remember that fact. Spirit is within you. God is within you. Tap into it, have a blessed day, breakfast club, you don'na finish, or y'all done.