Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't know y'all ball.
Speaker 3: At all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't give a.
Speaker 2: Busy listening to show.
Speaker 5: I don't joy ye joy.
Speaker 4: You gotta.
Speaker 6: Turn you turn, got to turn the mouth the turn. You probably got to turn mouth, turn the water the water up.
Speaker 1: Come come on, you're thinking, uh huh, I sure will a good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice. Come on now dig me if you will. One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. You know, one of the things about being successful. And I was sharing this just the other day with a young man and he asked me. He said, hey, man, I just don't see how you get up that early in the morning. I just don't see how, man, it would kill me to get up this early in the morning. Well, I sat down and I'm listening to it because it's just a thousand times I've heard it, you know, and my life is, you know, not too different from a lot of people's lives. There's a lot of people out there that rise early, and I just sit there, man, because I mean, first of all, I'm grateful to be able to have a job. I'm so grateful to be able to do one and several that I happened to enjoy doing. I mean, you know it's work and it's difficult at times, but I mean, you know I wanted this. You know you got it. You know you can't ask God for nothing any give it to you then be mad that you got it. Don't make no sense.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: The problem with asking God for stuff is a lot of times we asking for stuff, we don't really know what all it encompasses, what all it really is. And I ask for this now along the way, I've gotten far more than I asked for. I want you to do. Understand that, and you know that's His grace at work in my life. But I get up early and I go to work because I do understand something that it is not walking up to you. Nobody walks up to people normally and just hand them checks all the time, and enough checks to sustain your life, and not only sustain it, but to have a life that where you could enjoy and do some of the things you want to do. I don't know the person that walks out hands out that money just to be doing it. And then with a lifestyle though where you can you know, give your kids a Christmas, you know, take your family on vacation, you know, a year once a year. I don't know nobody passing out to kind of money. So I get up early in the morning. I get at it. I was taught to get up early in the morning by my father because my father says, ain't nothing gonna come to you while you lay in there. And you know what, it's just true, man, it's just a little common sense. Look, old people smart, man, they've been around a long time. You don't get old. You know, some old foods out there, but you know you don't have to deal with them. But old people are pretty smart, man. They've learned a lot along the way. And waking up early and getting out it is one of them things. And I ask everybody man to think about this scenario of your life. If a day has twenty four hours in it, and let's just say you choose to sleep eight of those hours because they tell you you need eight hours sleep, so you sleep eight hours. That's a third of your life asleep already. Just a third of your life is spent asleep. If you gonna do eight hours a day. Now, let's say you have a job that you work eight hours, and it is not the job of your dreams. It's not your dream career, your dream profession. It's just the one you took, like all of us, to get it started. And then, like all of us, some of us end up having this state at because we've created these bills because we checked and check. So we can't leave it because we'll lose what we work for. So let's just say you got a job that you go to work to for eight hours. That's another third of your life. That's two thirds of your life. Feel how you want to feel about your two thirds? Well, I like sleep. Okay, cool, there's a scripture about that too. But now you spent two thirds of your life, one on a job you don't care for if you're not happy that it, or one that just pays the bills, and it's not your dream job or career. Another third of your life is sleep. Oh now, let's hold on. Let's talk about the one hour of preparation that it may take to get to the job. That's seventeen hours. Let's say your drive time. Let's say getting to your job for the average person is anywhere between thirty to an hour. An average of what it takes to average person. Now, some people out there hustling a way harder than that. But let's just say your average is an hour getting to work. You add another hour to that going to work. You've now spent eighteen hours out of the twenty four doing something that's either nonproductive, you're not happy with, you're not pleased about. It is not your dream job, it's not your dream profession. And rest of the time you sleep. Eighteen hours. Now you got to come from the job, so let's just say it's another hour to get back home. That's nineteen hours. Nineteen hours out of a twenty four hour day. You now have five hours left in your day. Oh, you watch TV two hours a day. Okay, excuse me. Let's put now you put two hours of TV on that you've just spent twenty one. You now have three hours in the day to do something super productive for the development of yourself and the future of your family and your future as a person and what you can provide for your family. Uh Oh, I need to chill. I need to smoke one. Uh Oh, I needed some time at happy. I seem like all I do is dry to work and go to work. I'm gonna go out with the fellas drink one. Okay, let's say you spend two hours at Happy I don't know nobody go to a Happy Hours yet for a hour. Let's say you spend two hours at Happy I'll all smoke in all some video games. Let's throw that in there. Two hours of smoking, chilling video games. That's twenty three hours of your day gone. Don't you see how your day slips away from you? So why would you get up early? You get up early to get a jump. You get up early to produce, to plan, to become productive. You get up early in the morning to care about every single minute of your day. You wake up early in the morning because you have a plan, a mission, You have something you want to accomplish. The earlier you get up, the more time you have just for you to devote to your plan. You map it out, you make them, send some emails, whatever it is you need to do to get your dream under way. Then you go get ready. Then you get in your car and go to work. Then you go to your job. But on your job, instead of sitting at your lunch break messing around with a bunch of people laughing and talking about nothing, playing dominoes. Why don't you take that hour to do some more research, to send out some more emails, to put some feelings out there, to see what can get you in the place that you want to be. Then when you get off, instead of driving straight home, why don't you go somewhere in a meeting, you take in a session with some people in a positive mental state, group of people that get together. Network for business, not drink at happy hour. I set network for business. So after you've done that eight that you don't really care for on a job, you spend some more time pursuing, looking into researching, working towards, sending out some more applications, putting in some more time to build your new app discussing some more network working ideas. Okay, that's your happy hour. Then when you go home, instead of chilling drinking one, having a cold, one, smoking one, playing a video game, why don't you take that two hours and devote that to that business idea? You got to that family that you talk about, You really want spend some time with your children, put something into them. Do something. Man, when all these precious hours that God gives all of us in the course of a day, take advantage of every minute of that No human being has more than twenty four hours a day, including myself. But if you care about every single minute of that day, you'll be amazed at how much you could get accomplished in a twenty four hour day. But you can't get none of that happening because you sleep, and you chilling and you smoking. Okay, what has that done for you, your family or your future? Care about every minute of your day?
Speaker 8: You're listening.
Speaker 1: Show, ladies and gentlemen. Right now is now. I don't know if you understand that, but now is a very very important moment because it's the only moment that we really have and we have now. Right now is now, and now is a new day for all of us. Now there's a new opportunity for all of us. Now there's a chance for us to all be grateful to tell God, thank you, Heavenly Father for this moment. Call now, because right now, man, I'm so glad I made it. Steve Harvey, Morty Show, Shirley Strawberry, call us off today, Mississippi Monica, Junior, the legend that is Nephew Tommy and folks, wrap your mind around the mind of Junior yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh, let me tell you something when you throwing another sporting event because I like it coming to your house?
Speaker 3: Could you have everything? Do everything I got? Ain't nothing to your house? Well I ain't. People Yeah yeah, yeah, visit other people.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 3: I don't like who other people visit me because they don't bring.
Speaker 1: Nothing to my house.
Speaker 3: I just found this south.
Speaker 9: I don't even like this part because the basic stuff up. To have a good time, you gonna need ice. Uh huh, you're gonna need that.
Speaker 8: Everybody has ice, junior.
Speaker 9: Yeah no, no, no, no, no no, we didn't have it this weekend. Everything hot over here. It need to be on a ballot. I need to hear what your staying see is on ice before I vote for you. What I need here because I'm not voting for nobody who don't believe in bringing ice. Now, we got everything hot every time about where the ice at you were supposed to bring it.
Speaker 1: I brought the food you said you like coming to my house because I have everything, Yes, sir, you sure do. Butting to people to your house and you thought them two trays ice cubes and your freezer, you thought they was gonna do the party? Were throwing party. What God, I thought I think that I see now time it might be on to something, Junior, that's just a question. You thought them two ice trays in your freezer would post the lockdown that whole party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was. I did.
Speaker 1: And what do you mean nobody has ice trays?
Speaker 8: No one has ice trays anymore, Junior?
Speaker 3: I got ice trade?
Speaker 1: Sure that? Hell?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: I got ice trade?
Speaker 8: You on your refrigerator?
Speaker 10: What what?
Speaker 1: What's it?
Speaker 11: You know which one you got? You got the plastic when you just pop it from left right?
Speaker 1: You got that?
Speaker 11: Over with that?
Speaker 3: With that little Yes, I did with the silver level. What should I do? And I don't know why y'all laugh? This ain't funny to me. I need ice here? They didn't.
Speaker 1: What you really need to do? You need to quit throwing stuff at your house.
Speaker 8: That's why you like to go to your house?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 3: You know what you're now? My issue?
Speaker 11: Get the last time.
Speaker 1: I've been somewhere, I'll supposed to bring some damn.
Speaker 3: I because you got it? You're rich? What you mean there?
Speaker 11: Throwing parties up and deadly?
Speaker 1: If I got to stop at a gas station and go up to that machine outside a bag, I has to go to your house. How am I going to your house?
Speaker 10: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour. Uh, we're gonna hear from the next coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour. Uh, we'll hear from Pastor Motown and deacon death sham and church complaints right after this you're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning show.
Speaker 10: It's time now for church complaints with Pastor Motown and deacon deaf jam.
Speaker 1: Wee oh, ready galvel near most mausipious day, where we grow tiously recognize in this eppencurity of the dynastics. We libatiously sit here in a moment of garious grandle realizing that he is the austacious, moodacious good God. Ain't it, Gracious Lord, we manipulpi as we glorify in His honor. Let the church say Amen, Amen again, And we are now here for deacon death jail with church complaints.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I said, you're gonna have to have a conversation with Retail Davis.
Speaker 11: His his profanity has gotten out of control.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 12: This past Saturday at the at the clothing drive, he yelled if the devil and everyone got required and he said, I thought we hated this email.
Speaker 1: His cussing is out of control. Path, it really is. You're gonna have to talk that or I'm very familiar with his line of deliverance, but we allow him that. Or because it has been explained to me that brother Retail cusses for health purposes. Oh yeah, he no longer has hot blood or due to cussing. And the also that he had has gone away due to cussing too. He had a lot of pent up energy that was called he has to cut. Yeah, so he has to cuss to keep his blood pressure down. This way right there, I sens very very healing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we hate the devil.
Speaker 1: He thought we hated this who de uh?
Speaker 12: He said, f the devil and then people got quiet, and then he said, what's wrong? I thought we hated this m F. Person just just got complete pretty strong.
Speaker 1: I can't think it a better way to put it though. That moment aloud push me to my next sermon next year, Tyler, this sermon here, I don't know who the f he thought he was.
Speaker 11: Who he's messing with.
Speaker 12: The side Chick Summer Festival is the second weekend in May.
Speaker 11: Uh b event is all weekend. I don't know what did it past? That's all they wanted me to say. They didn't they didn't have no complaint. I don't know if that's a code or something that it don't sound like a well look at your up the attenders this week. Uh, we're asking most side chicks to come on out.
Speaker 3: Wait what Pastor you asked today?
Speaker 1: We're doing what I'm coming out. I want through will to know that this is why I glow. I'm coming out. Oh that's the theme song this year for the side Chick of Weekend Festival.
Speaker 8: We have a normalized we.
Speaker 1: Have a normalized and it's just what it's gonna It's not a church eventually, will you be there? Well, I've got to go and save these people. Somebody go to go down for counseling and consoleing. Go ahead, Deacon.
Speaker 12: Speaking of saving Pastor, Brother Tyring Neely wants to know if you will lay hands on his stomach.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 12: Some of his brain cells have died, he said, some of his skin cells have died. He even lost some of his hands seals, he said, but his fat cells must have accepted Jesus as they Lord and saves because they have eternal life.
Speaker 1: Can you lay hands next? Sunday on his stomach. That's not going to work. Brother, your feat ashes, yeah, brother Ridale, Now I can get brother Ridel. I've discovered that it is a healing in cussing when you ill. Fatness, He's gonna have to remain what it is. I'm not laying hands on you, okay.
Speaker 8: But you go down and help the side.
Speaker 1: Oh they need any hands laid on.
Speaker 11: Here? All right?
Speaker 8: Coming up next, the CLO will be here, the Chief Love Officer for your love questions.
Speaker 10: Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour and Entertainment News. Diddy is named in another lawsuit, this time with his son Christian, who was accused of assault. The Good Times reboot has caught a lot of backlash after the trailer was released. And is it cool to have rappers come speak to school age children?
Speaker 8: That's all coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: But right now it is time to ask the CLO, our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. This is from Leanna and Orlana in Bronzeville. Lana says, I asked my husband for a tennis bracelet. He bought me one with fake diamonds set in real gold. I told him I would rather have real diamonds. Why wouldn't he splurge on me and get the real thing? Am I being ungrateful for not accepting it?
Speaker 1: Well? You told him you wanted a tennis brace, See, you weren't specific. He bought a tennis brace.
Speaker 8: She should have said a diamond tennis bracelet.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, bro, you know I wasn't. I don't know if he was being insulting. I mean, you obviously took offense to it because you wanted the real thing. He didn't know. He just thought the tenebras. It probably looked real though to him. Yeah, to her too, well, somebody knew it wasn't real though, soon as they saw it, so you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So she's saying, is she being ungrateful for not accepting it?
Speaker 1: Well, you're being a bit ungrateful, boy, Jim. You have every right to want something real, you know, I mean, you got every right to want that.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: I ain't mad at you, But if you knew they was fake diamonds, you better believe your girlfriend's going to.
Speaker 7: Guess.
Speaker 1: And if the miss fake diamonds, you might now you might want to check that goal, but it'll be green tomorrow, so just.
Speaker 3: Put it on second, all right.
Speaker 8: Moving on to Tracy and Rustin, Tracy writes, I had.
Speaker 10: A one night stand with a man and it was so much fun. One of my friends told me, the guy is looking for me to take me out again. Is he interested in me? Or does he just want to have sex? Can a one night stand turn into a real relationship?
Speaker 1: Wo? Hey, yeah, yeah it can. It can, and the only way to find out is to find out why he's looking for you. It can. It's a possibility that it could turn into something more. But you said it was so much funn The question simply is for you, now, do you want to go have some more fun? I will.
Speaker 8: If it were you. I'm gonna have this fun and meeting one night, two nights.
Speaker 1: Three nights, fullly full one?
Speaker 7: No? Yes?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 10: Moving on to Marlena and Salem Colo, Marlena says I dated a much older man when I was thirty four. We broke up when a special part stopped working. His wife found out about us after he died in January, and she wants to talk to me. I'm sure she has questions, but should I tell her everything or not?
Speaker 1: Why are you talking to her?
Speaker 8: He's going to meet her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mess around and get shot. Stop. This ain't gonna work out for nobody, especially you. Yeah, this ain't gonna be no wonderful, heart warming conversation and none of it is. That ain't what that's gonna be.
Speaker 8: What does she think is gonna be? Steve hartwarmy like the wife is gonna say what to her?
Speaker 1: You know, I know you don't have to be wary. I know you and Octavia had something special, But I just wanted to just get a couple of things clear. When did you all star y'all's relationship When she asked you that she's trying to draw back to a certain date, that he missed something and it was gonna be cause of you. And then that's when the knife come out. That's when the knife come out. You get your ass stamp there.
Speaker 11: You get right there?
Speaker 8: Do not go, Please don't go, Marlena.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 8: I hope she doesn't go, Steve, But it sounds like she's going, doesn't it sound like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, she going because she's stupid.
Speaker 8: She saying, should I tell her everything?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He meant something to me the lady, y'all always on with y'all. You was the side piece. Get over there and be slow. Same time for you to act like you was chicken. You were slaw corns, green beans and bad green beans to the one. They just run under the hot water. That's what you want, you decide slow, that's it dirty right green, it'sado. He was not the chicken, all right.
Speaker 10: All right, Moving on that last one, Steve. This is from Victor in Kansas City. Victor says, I'm marrying a woman that has three children. I heard her tell her mom she doesn't want any more children, but if I really want one, she'll do it. This contradicts what she's told me, and I want my own child? Should I pause our wedding planning.
Speaker 1: From she said, she doesn't want one, but if you insist, she'll have one, So she.
Speaker 8: Can't have it.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. I mean, you can understand her hesitancy. She's got three. She's the one that's got to carry them, so she got every right not to want anymore. But she said, if you insist, she'll have one. Now the problem is, are you gonna insist because you want your own child? Okay, dog, I.
Speaker 8: Don't know what you tell and that's fine too for him to want to You.
Speaker 11: Got every right to want your own child. You know that one child gonna get on your damn there and deal with them.
Speaker 1: Three kids?
Speaker 3: How many is absolutely right?
Speaker 1: Look who took? What advice do you have for.
Speaker 11: The time?
Speaker 3: Just go ahead and deal with the three? I am hell?
Speaker 1: How many do you have?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 3: I have two and two grand bays?
Speaker 8: Believe that your grandfather.
Speaker 3: I don't even have a tone. I'll have a tone to be a grandfather.
Speaker 1: No, don't fit even if greg kids going mama, who is that little man talking about?
Speaker 8: Sound like the kids voices are deeperent.
Speaker 11: He sounds like a grand baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it sounds like we're finna go outside and play.
Speaker 8: Yeap like discipline of junior telling them that I'll get over there.
Speaker 3: I tried just what it sounds like. Hey, hey, put that down? Put that okay? I told you, okay, okay, So you ain't gonna put it down, So you're gonna keep it okay?
Speaker 6: Cool?
Speaker 3: All right, take my ass back in my office.
Speaker 1: Yeah that ain't got to throw tat.
Speaker 3: It, don't it doesn't get off the cap. Hey, listen, jump off. You gonna jump.
Speaker 9: You're gonna okay, you your jump. Okay, you're gonna do it again. You're gonna do it again.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that hey is hot.
Speaker 8: It's real trying to.
Speaker 3: Say they life, They don't listen. Okay, Wow, hey, hey, put the beer down. Why you got a beer?
Speaker 8: You a baby.
Speaker 3: You gotta Okay, you're gonna drink it. You're gonna drink the beer.
Speaker 8: Baby too. Come on, granddaddy, let's go on.
Speaker 9: Hey, stop hunching the wall. You're gonna keep hunching the wall. Okay, all right, but wow.
Speaker 1: Grand Daddy, get your bike. Let's go outside and run.
Speaker 8: Coming up at the top of the hour. Thank you, Coelo. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 10: A new lawsuit filed in Los Angeles is presenting more trouble for Diddy.
Speaker 8: Diddy is named in a suit filed by Grace oh mccarcay.
Speaker 10: She claims that Ditty's son, Christian Comb, sexually assaulted her back in twenty twenty two during a New Year's Eve party where she was hired to serve drinks on a boat that was chartered by Ditty. Grace was twenty five years old when the alleged sexual assault happened. She claimed that she saw partying and drug use between a constant rotation of suspected sex workers and celebrities. She has also provided audio clips as evidence that she repeatedly rejected Christian Colmb's advances while he groped her all over her body. The lawsuit charges Christian with sexual assault, sexual harassment, and infliction of emotional distress. Grace's lawyer said quote like father, like son, it gives us no joy or pleasure in filing suit against Christian Colms, who has clearly adopted his father's pattern and practice of depravity. The lawyer also represents Rodney lul Rod Jones, who filed lawsuit against Ditty earlier this year.
Speaker 3: Wow, man, it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, keeps filing up, keeps charges. Yeah, this keeps spying, it does yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: Moving on to.
Speaker 10: You guys remember Good Times? Of course, we remember James, remember Florida, Remember JJ Pelma, Michael, and of course you two Wollona from the seventies hit show Good Times.
Speaker 8: Well, Good Times is back. Believe it or not.
Speaker 10: It's in an animated series on Netflix. It's a reboot of the classic sitcom. It features JB. Smooth, Jay Farrow, Evette Nicole Brown, and other great actors' voices. Good Times is being produced by the late Norman Lear, the producer of the original sitcom, along with Steph Curry and Seth McFarlane who does Family Guy and all that.
Speaker 8: But last month when the trailer for Good Times, when that.
Speaker 10: Was released, well, it received a lot of backlash for its stereotypical depiction of a black family in present day times. So here's the question, guys, what do you think do we need another show with negative stereotypes?
Speaker 8: Because that was what was going on in Good Times back in the seventies, But now, you know.
Speaker 1: In these days, I mean, if you look at the current climate in which we all live in today, I can understand the complaint. Of course, that's not what we need. But we got to stop helping to perpetuate these things ourselves.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: We gotta look at our music that we put out. We got to look at our content that we put out. You know, we got to look at, you know, all of these platforms how we use ourselves in social media? Right, we are our own worst enemy in social media. We are destroying our own culture ourselves, and then we get mad when somebody else join in. I don't know how Norman lives producing anything from Damn Graves, so you know, but then we got the names attached to it, like mac Farther Curry is attached to it. You know, if you're gonna put your name on it, then you gotta be willing to deal with it. Is it a cartoon?
Speaker 8: Is it for your animated so?
Speaker 1: I mean what we're talking about here to saint a documentary, you know, it gotta be a tasteful way to do it.
Speaker 8: Though, Yeah, you would think you would think.
Speaker 1: You gotta be well, how how can that be?
Speaker 8: And they make movies about the seventies and all this stuff all the.
Speaker 1: Time, but this is an animated series on Netflix. How can it be tastefully done? When you got this girl sexy Red out here talking about my booty whole brown and I'm just trying to get it, get it what we want now. At one point in time, we gotta take responsibility for what's happening here.
Speaker 10: No, Steve, you know what It's funny you mentioned sexy read because there is a debate going on in social media. This was happening over the weekend. It's not the first time this has come up. Should schools invite celebrities, mainly like rap and hip hop artists into the school to speak to the student body. Sexy Read, known for her provocative lyrics, you just mentioned some of them and her stage show.
Speaker 8: Showed up to a Georgia school. It was a high school. She showed up there to speak to the student.
Speaker 10: Body, and the school's principal escorted her out because she smelled like marijuana.
Speaker 8: So what does Sexy Red do?
Speaker 10: Instead, she did a few songs in the school's parking lot from the sun roof of a car as students were leaving school. The video went viral and the parents were outraged in the comments because she was there. So her song Poundtown you mentioned the lyrics from that song. We're all parents on the show, So what do you think about entertainers guest.
Speaker 8: In the school. Would you say, Tommy, she's.
Speaker 11: Out of control for that? You didn't nine, They didn't put you out of school. Now you're in the parking lot.
Speaker 8: Because she smelled like marijuana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who invited her in the first place? Yeah? If you know this woman's show, in this woman's music, what is she going to say to your children that's gonna be of any benefit to the edification and uplift of their life? What what could she say? So see, you can be so enthralled with celebrityism or celebrity or whatever you want to call it. You can be so caught up in that that you think just having a celebrity is good. Well, you gotta look at what they're gonna say to the kids. What's the message that they're gonna send. And anyway, Oh, sexy Red whatever her name is, it's not the cause of the problem, right, It's not just this young lady here. So what school invited them? And yes, I think rappers can be very, very valuable in the use of getting messages out to young people. It just depends on what they want to say. Look, don't make the mistakes I made. You can't get a better person than somebody with some hands on advice.
Speaker 8: That's right, Steve.
Speaker 10: All right, coming up at twenty minutes after a woman won ninety thousand dollars on a scratch off and quit her job, we'll talk about that right after this.
Speaker 8: You're listening Hardy Morning Show, all right, So check this out, guys.
Speaker 10: Rashawn Tolliver of Hopskinsville, Hopskinsville, Kentucky, won ninety thousand dollars on a scratch off. Okay, congratulations, that's wonderful. When she realized that she had won, she said she'd never hollowed that loud before. This was a little over a month ago, March fourth, and after she won, she immediately drove to Louisville, Kentucky, to contect her to collect her cash payout of sixty four thousand dollars sixty four thousand, eight hundred dollars now. In a statement to lottery officials, she said that she had quit her job after she found out she won the money. She said, I was unhappy with my job and God made away. I felt bad leaving, but I'm relieved. So let's talk about this.
Speaker 1: Well, let me get this right.
Speaker 11: You win ninety, you walk away with sixty something.
Speaker 8: After they take you a minute, I'll take tactics and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so she quit her job.
Speaker 10: So so so here's the here's the question. What's the magic number? And I'm looking right at you, Steve Well just to make you quit or leave.
Speaker 11: It just happened.
Speaker 1: She'll be looking for work June first.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she could take that money and parlay it into something invested, or start a business or something.
Speaker 3: We all didn't hit it.
Speaker 1: Say happy they could take to parlay money.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I found out she didn't think.
Speaker 1: I'm moving.
Speaker 3: I'm moving to hoskins Field. That's what I'm finished doing. Because it takes sixty four thousand. You can quit your job. Hell, I'm fin to move now. I'm moving down now.
Speaker 8: She said she was unhappy. I don't get God made away.
Speaker 1: At sixty folk gonna get away from you so fast, man, because she findsh blurred some of it.
Speaker 11: You already know that.
Speaker 3: Sixty four thousand at least can retire. That's what I found out. I don't know what you'all heard.
Speaker 8: Okay, so what would it take? What would it take for you guys?
Speaker 3: Takes sixty four thousand.
Speaker 8: For you guys?
Speaker 11: I needed boy, I need by fifteen MEI okay, goodness, and yeah that's a good number. What about you? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: What are you looking?
Speaker 11: He frowned up at my fifteen? That's what are you doing? He was prouding up in my fifteen.
Speaker 8: But fifteen is way more than sixty four.
Speaker 1: Way better. I'll walk if I could get me.
Speaker 8: Because you could walk right now, you do realize that, you do know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wife has said that to me. But to just walk away, walk away and really be able to cross my arms clear money?
Speaker 8: Yeah really, Steve, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to look at that number. That number'll be be between.
Speaker 8: Two two oh two and three million. Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Billion, two hundred and fifty to three hundred million. Oh no, skip right.
Speaker 10: We'll be staying at our jobs coming up at thirty four minutes after be our sister Odell is in the building.
Speaker 8: We'll talk to her right after this. You're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 1: A the Lorne What Thursday, Thursday, dry and palm? But the he quenched me.
Speaker 8: Yes, he did.
Speaker 1: Quench my whole Thursday, mind.
Speaker 8: Lord, And that's why it's wild.
Speaker 1: Open for.
Speaker 8: Open for him.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you, Good morning everyone. How's everybody doing. I'm not feeling that well this morning. My voice is a little oh.
Speaker 8: Ratchety, you know, yes, ma'am weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Yes, Well, what's going on, Shirley?
Speaker 10: Well, good morning, sister Odell. I just quickly wanted to ask you did you hear about the twenty one year old young lady. Her name is Aoki Simmons. She's Russell Simmons and Komor Lee Simmons's daughter. She's twenty one. Like I said, she was seen in sant bart and she was kissing a man who was sixty five years old. He's a businessman. She said, they're just friends. But you know, people commented on social media that if he is her friend, he's her grandfriend because he was so old, so it was like a grandfather type friend situation.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a big age jump, sweete, that's a bit much. You know, you're twenty one, he's sixty five.
Speaker 8: You know, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: You know he can't do nothing but buy you some things.
Speaker 8: You know, well they kiss well, I mean, what is that, shar You ain't.
Speaker 1: Nothing got to work for you to kid kissing supposed to lead the things. Now that when you might have the situation, you know, he might do it everything. He ain't gonna be like a twenty Well you need to excuse me. You need to date somebody on age and keep up with you, you know, being u bam bam bam all day long, all evening, you know, just with just one after another for rapid fire. You know what them old man's they good for one round then you got they got wake couple of days, you know days. Yeah, he's sweet and not ours.
Speaker 8: Forty four years between us alive.
Speaker 10: Huh.
Speaker 1: You know I didn't see the picture. Is it cute? Is the man cute? Chilly?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean he's riches. That answer your question.
Speaker 1: Well, that's straightened it right on out. Then, didn't it.
Speaker 8: Very rich?
Speaker 10: But that that's a little that's that's a little young. That's what the comments were saying.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, send me the picture so I can see it, and I'll be the judge up and then we'll come back to it later on. Send it Mississippi girl, send it to U, to your homegirl.
Speaker 10: But but I do want to ask you this before you leave, Sister Odell, do you with such an age difference forty four years, do you think that will last?
Speaker 8: That's a lot of years.
Speaker 1: Well, you a main one time that was fifty. Excuse I had a main one time that was fifty.
Speaker 8: And how much of her age range was that, Sister Odell?
Speaker 1: Fifty?
Speaker 8: Yeah somebody?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But when I was one hundred for my hundredth birthday, that's what I wanted it was him, so I had him Okay, all right, well I called it. I called it a century and a half, a fair yes.
Speaker 6: Half.
Speaker 8: What was what was his name, sister?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: He was young name Darcevius.
Speaker 4: Young.
Speaker 1: He had a young name and everything. He was on a spirit though, you know, he didn't know I could hang with him though. I wore him out, did you your spry you are that? Yeah? I tied him up, had him up and he was hit at all. You know, he was in the tanking stuff. He held up a pair of my bloomers after draw one time, and I checked him with him and that was the beginning of a wonderful love, Affail.
Speaker 8: But with a fifty year age difference.
Speaker 1: Wow, think that what you need to be focusing on is getting choked with a pair of bloomers.
Speaker 8: On that, Sister Odell.
Speaker 10: The prank phone call coming up next by Sister Odell, Ah, you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is I want to tell her so bad.
Speaker 8: We'll get into that find.
Speaker 10: Out what that's all about in just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call, nephew, what you got for us?
Speaker 11: This right here, Shirley is this is called adoption agency. Adoption agency. I'm about to Yeah, I'm about to adopt a man's child. He just don't know. I'm about to come over there and pick the child up.
Speaker 1: He don't know. I'm gonna come through that.
Speaker 8: Wait, what not from an agency?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 11: I want to come through there and get the baby. That's what I'm finsed to do. Okay, hey, have a baby ready? When I get the adoption ags.
Speaker 3: You're gonna take somebody child?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Yeah, Jordy. Imagine you got your grand babies at the house and I'm calling you telling you I'm going to come through there and get these babies.
Speaker 3: Will be there, Okay, I'm gonna give them to you.
Speaker 11: All right, let's go chet down. This right here is adoption agents. Then let's go Hello.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm trying to reach Clarence. H Yeah, this is he Clarence.
Speaker 4: How you doing, man?
Speaker 7: This is Robert Robert. We were trying to get a schedule with you guys. Maybe we can swing through and uh pick up little Clarence. I guess around six if you guys are available around six.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey, what do you mean picking up little Clarence.
Speaker 7: Well, we got the we got the call that we can come and actually pick up Clarence and and and take him with us if you guys packed his things up yet.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, man, I got the call from who that you can come pick him up.
Speaker 4: I don't know nothing about this.
Speaker 7: Well, my name is Robert. Robert and my wife and I got the call that we could do. You not know about us adopting little Clarence? Oh what the adopting who? Okay, wait a minute, are you guys that are you guys that drive? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's my address. But uh, what what you're talking about? You're gonna come take my son from you?
Speaker 7: Okay, but your son is two years old? Right? Yeah? What what you come to pick up my son? And what is this agency's number?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: Well the agency told us that what's adoption agency. They've got all our information, We've we've filled out all the paperwork, and you guys aren't aware that that we're supposed to come there today to pick him up.
Speaker 4: We don't know what what adoption agency said as well? How to get my information?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure. We we've got uh pictures of Clarence, and and uh you know my wife is actually going out and bought balloons and everything, and and and we were gonna come through. They told us anytime today, so we felt maybe like around six pm we come get it.
Speaker 4: Well, no, you ain't coming here to pick up no class, I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 7: Okay, wait wait a minute now, but this this, this, I mean, this can't be happening. Okay, wait a minute, Oh what's happening.
Speaker 4: You're you're you're you're clear.
Speaker 7: Senior, correct, Yes, I am. And you don't know anything about us to come over there to pick the baby up?
Speaker 4: Well about this, see what's the main mispas.
Speaker 7: Adoption agents who believe.
Speaker 4: You mind information and how they get my information come pick up my son.
Speaker 7: I don't know that, sir. All I know is is, uh, we bought a car seat where you know my wife has bought balloons.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't care y'all bought a car seat, balloon, hotjail whatever. You ain't coming to get my.
Speaker 7: Son, okay, sir. I mean, what I'm not gonna do is tell my wife that we're not coming to get Clarence. Junior today.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, y'all, you're gonna have to tell her that because you ain't coming here to pick up my sir from with the paperwork that I have.
Speaker 7: Clarence is actually my son.
Speaker 4: Now, man, you ain't your paperwork. You ain't coming here to pick up my son.
Speaker 7: Sir, Clarence Junior is mine. I'm actually gonna change his name to Robert.
Speaker 4: So I'm like here, you are, come on over here if you want to come on over here, I'm waiting for you. I'm standing in that way right now.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, wait a minute. Now, the adoption agency tell us that you guys are not doing well financial financial Are you working?
Speaker 4: No, I ain't work. I got doing anything. I ain't gonna get rid of my son just because I ain't working.
Speaker 7: Okay, But so in other words, you're not you're not able to provide for him. From what I understanding, my.
Speaker 4: Son ain't this no mean he got clothes on the back, he got a roof over his head. Man, I'm not you ain't coming really pick up my son. I don't care what I got to do. Man, I go out cut glasses. I make money on the side of washing cars and everything.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, you about to come here and get my son, but don't you think he deserves a better home. I don't know what the but the screw up is.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I'm trying to at least rationalize with you so you can understand why me and my want to ask masters you. You ain't coming here and get my son. He ain't a been home right now. I love my son. You ain't taking him nowhere. I'm telling him right here in the driveway. Come on over here, sir. I don't want to go back and forth.
Speaker 7: But I am, Me and my wife are coming to get Clarience today.
Speaker 4: Okay, come on, come on. I'm waiting for you. I'm not already told you about two three times. Come on, I'll be waiting right here. I guarantee, sir.
Speaker 7: I don't want any altercations when I get there. I just want Clarence to get in the car and me and my wife are gonna take him.
Speaker 4: To his new home. When you get here, it's gonna be one hell of an altercasion, so he might wanna come to the law. Whoever gonna come with you, bring my doccination too, so I can whoop that too.
Speaker 7: You know what, man, if you was to have been able to provide for your family, wouldn't nobody be trying to adopt your child? The problem is is that you can't take care of your family. Now, me and my wife coming over there and were coming to get clars.
Speaker 1: Do you.
Speaker 4: You ain't coming down here to get my child? Man, as you get down here, you ain't your wife up? How about were you gonna do what to my wife?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: I don't hear women, but I'm gonna tell you right now, you and your wife gonna come down here. I'm gonna help most of you. Anybody come down here. So I took my child about a mile. They're gonna fancy.
Speaker 7: I'm coming to get it. I got to do what I got.
Speaker 4: Damn, I'm gonna tell you right now, you ain't coming down here get my son. You your wife are telling you. Nobody's gonna come here and tell me. I can't disappoint my wife is got one. No, I don't know how you got my address. I don't care what the agency you got going through or whatever going on, but I'm telling you right now, you come down here. An't all up. I'm trying to disappoint my wife. Now just say't we coming to it. I won't give up disappointment you want disappointed? I don't get about that right now. But you ain't about to take my I'm gonna come and get him out, dead out. And I have told my wife I was coming here.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm telling man, you better tell your wife you come here and drive away. I'm gonna sitting my home waiting for him. You know, the last one of y'all up, every last money. I don't care who he brings. You can bring the President Obama, and.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna you ain't finna do now. You ain't finna do.
Speaker 4: You ain't find the horse to take myself out of the house. I'm gonna tell him right now. Everybody getting I ain't.
Speaker 1: Gonna do it.
Speaker 7: Let you know this. I'm coming to get Claris Junior.
Speaker 4: You ain't got nothing to tell me or let me know. I'm letting you know. Ride now. You better come here with the corner and everybody, cause I'm about you up. You gonna leave here with him?
Speaker 7: Come on, take let me tell you something. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: You can get his clothes today. I got a WEE can tell him and live.
Speaker 7: A better life. He's not living a good life.
Speaker 4: There you get here, I'm told you about six seven, eight times, bring me on my dying well when I'm you and everybody whoever you bring down here up, you try to somebody you know.
Speaker 7: Who else I'm bringing with me, cause I'm bringing somebody.
Speaker 4: Well, you you better to bring an army and say what it better be a army to come down here and get my son about that.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm bringing nephew Tommy with me. I'm I'm bringing nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey mor It Show with me. Oh man, you lads, this is Timmy Man, this is his nephew tom Man.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm not everybody out here. Man come down and taking my shop.
Speaker 7: Brother named Benjamin got me to get you dog.
Speaker 4: Oh man, See that's got family. Get step See next time I see him is on. Man. That was a good one. That, Oh man.
Speaker 7: All right, father, tell me one more thing. Man, what's the baddest that, I mean, the baddest radio show.
Speaker 4: In the lanes, the Stems all the morning show me.
Speaker 11: That you haven't the adoption here we go coming coming up next for nephew till I mean it is April nineteenth and twentieth Comedy Factory. That's the Comedy Factory in Baltimore, Maryland. Back by popular demand from what they tell me, the Nephew is coming back through the April nineteenth and twentieth. Tickets are on sale right now. The Nephew is coming up, the big one that's laying in the cut. Oh my god Father's Day weekend, Father's Day Weekend, June fifteenth, at the Majestic. Yes, in Dallas, Texas. It is Nephew Tommy's House Party Comedy Jam. You don't want to miss it. Nephew Thomas House Party Comedy Jam. It is in Dallas, Texas at the Majestic. And that is where you get all of the Nephew that's flat footed for a hour, right the Shire that's just straight iggnites, straight crazy. That is the nephew shit is best. So Dallas, come get it. Got a couple friends with me, but you're coming to see your boy act the Dog on Food. Come with me, Come with me, all right. Tickets on sale right now, coming to Dallas, which is where just finished up at.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, nephew, thank you coming up next. Strawberry letter and the subject of this one is. The subject is I want to tell her so bad, and we'll get into that right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, works, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com.
Speaker 8: All you have to do is click submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 10: We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 11: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on type guide it for you. Here it is Strawberry letter.
Speaker 10: All right, thank you, nephew. Subject I want to tell her so bad. Dear Stephen Shirley. I am the baby girl of two older sisters. My oldest sister lives in a gated community and she's a housewife. But she's not too bright. She's just a rich and pretty homebody whose husband has been cheating on her for a long time. I felt bad about it for years, but now I feel worse because I have a secret that I can no longer keep. My middle sister is having sex with my brother in law and I saw it for myself. I stayed over their house to babysit for them while they had a Christmas party at the house. My nephew and I were upstairs in his room playing a video game, and I heard a lot of banging on the bathroom wall closest to his room. I went and listened at the door because it was locked. I heard my middle sister's voice, but I couldn't hear the man's voice. I waited for them to come downstairs. She came first, then my brother in law. I was shocked that my older sister didn't notice them. A few days later, I picked my nephew up from school and he said, my middle sister is at their house all the time to.
Speaker 8: Meet with his daddy.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 10: Recently, I found out my middle sister is working with my brother in law. So I finally told her that I know everything. She smirked like she was proud, and she told me that my brother in law really wants to be with her. I told her she's older than I am, but way more stupid. How was I born into a family full of such ditsy women. I want to tell my other, my older sister, what's going on and I don't care about being the black sheep of the family. Should I finally expose my cheating brother in law?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 8: Ooh, your sister is foul. I'm sorry you have to be in the middle of all of this mess.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, you're the baby You're the baby girl, and you have these two older sisters, and your sister has no remorse.
Speaker 8: I mean this is her flesh and blood. She's doing this too.
Speaker 10: The husband is trash too, and obviously they both don't care about anybody but themselves.
Speaker 8: I want to say that this is none of your business. I really, really really want to.
Speaker 10: Say that, But this is family, and it's your sister doing it to your other sister. This is crazy and it's just way too close to home because this can be This can destroy your family, This can break you guys up. You said your sister smirked and said that the husband wants to be with her when you told her that you knew everything. So as far as I'm concerned, she deserves to be exposed and she needs to know she can't get away with this.
Speaker 8: This is wrong.
Speaker 10: You'll have one sister mad at you and the other one mad but grateful to you for telling her hopefully, so get ready.
Speaker 8: To deal with this.
Speaker 10: You know, these attitudes and what's going to happen these situations if you do tell Steve.
Speaker 1: You know what, Shirley, I agree with you because I don't have a clear cut way because this is family. Yeah. Now, if this is just your girlfriend or something like that, I'll say, mind you b business. But they'd have made it your business by letting you find out what the carelessness of it all. Now here's a situation. She has two older sisters. The oldest sister is married to this man, and all she is is a stay at home mom, which is great, toughest job in the world. But she says she's not too bright. She's just a rich and pretty homebody whose husband has been cheating on her for a long time. Okay, Now, come to find out he's cheating with your middle sister. So your oldest sister's husband is sleeping with you. All's middle sister, cause you're the youngest and the oldest one is married to this man and he's sleeping with the middle sister. You found out cause of the baby and something you heard in the bathroom and banging on the walls and all this here Okay.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 1: Normally I would say, like Shirley said, mind your business, but this is family. I can cut to the chase, and when we come back on the second and half, I'll just tell you. I'll take questions on this from Shirley anything she would ask me as to why as a man would do something like this, so blah blah blah blah blah. But here's the deal, the solution for this.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: Should I give the solution now or wait till the next break?
Speaker 8: Sure, let's hold it over. Let's wait, Let's wait a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I need to know how much time I got to kill, so I can just let me think. All right, let me put it to you this way. I have a solution for this. Okay, I think I have a way that would solve it for everybody. I want to hear that, and I think I have of the perfect way to do it. And then we let the chips fall where they may. This is going to be shocking what I'm about to say. This solution I have never offered before, but I think I found it to help everybody with this situation. Now, listen to me when I give you my summation of what I think should happen. You can ask me any question you like about it when we come back. Shirley, Why I chose this as a viable solution, What good I think it may do? What harm I think it may cause? But this is a different situation, so let me go over it one last time. There are three sisters involved. The one who's written the letter is the youngest sister. She has two older sisters. Her oldest sister is married to a man who has money. She thinks her oldest sister is just a rich, pretty homebody who has a husband that's been cheating on her for a number of years. Come to find out she's cheating with the middle sister. She don't know what to do. She approached the middle sister and told her she knew, and she smirked and said, he really wants me. Yeah, fired out what my solution is after this?
Speaker 10: Coming up at twenty three minutes after, I want to tell her so bad that the subject will be right back.
Speaker 8: You're listening Steve hard Morning Show.
Speaker 10: All right, Steve, come on, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is I want to tell her so bad.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a deal. This three sisters are involved in this. The youngest one wrote the letter because her oldest sister is married to a man with money, but she considers her oldest sister just a pretty dumb homebody whose husband has been cheating on her for years. She found out through babysitting over at the house that the woman that she's cheating with is their middle sister, and the baby confirmed it at school, talking about she always come over my daddy house, and you found out they work together. You finally told your sister, your middle sister, that you know everything. She smirked like she was proud, and she told me that my brother in law really wants to be with her. And then you told her she's older than I am, but way more stupid. And then she says, I was born into a family full of such ditsy women. I want to tell my oldest sister what's going on. I don't care about being a black sheep, but a family should I finally expose my cheating brother in law. Well, the exposing is gonna be your cheating brother in law and your backstabbing family portraying sister. Now, the lowest person in this letter is your sister.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because she.
Speaker 1: Violated her sister. This is family now, so she's the lowest person in this letter. Your brother in law ain't worth a damn. I don't know how he thought this was a smart move. All these chicks out here, dog, and this one you pick. You got to be crazy, but it's happened. Here is my solution for the entire thing. The girl said, I don't care about being the black sheep, but the family should. I finally expose my cheating brother in law. Here's the deal. If you tell it, your oldest sister gonna be mad at you, the brother in law gonna be done with you, and the middle sister gonna be done with you like it's your fault and it's not. But since you bring the person that brings the bad news, you usually the one takes the brunt of the blame. Here is the solution. You should go and tell your mother, the mother, Go and tell your mama, present all the evidence, and then you walk away. Let the matriarch of the family decide how she gonna handle it. Now, I don't know if y'all's daddy is in y'all's life. I'm assuming your mother is. I'm just assuming. But if you tell the mother you can walk away. You can walk away, and then your mother can handle it the way she wants to, because your mother could say it was taed her up. She didn't want to know. She needed somebody to confide in. Y'all can put y'all baby sister in this crazy position. And she came to me, that is what y'all gonna do. And let somebody older handlele this situation, and you get out of it and stay away from it. But I would take it to the.
Speaker 8: Mother and hopefully the mother, yeah, would happen.
Speaker 1: I don't care what the mama do.
Speaker 8: I mean, as a baby sister, you don't care if the mother, well.
Speaker 1: If you take it to the mother, didn't, let it be on the mother, let her decide what to do. Then you stay out of it. Okay, take it, take it off the youngest and put it all the way on the oldest.
Speaker 8: Okay, And what about what about the sister who's being cheated.
Speaker 1: On the sister that's being cheat I'm gonna have to hear the news from the mama.
Speaker 10: This is this is tough, this is I just don't understand, like you say, there's so many women out there, why would he choose the sister. Is it because of the convenience of.
Speaker 1: It, all of it all, the daringess y, Yeah, the danger element, the ego. I got both these sisters. Man, I'm doing her sister too. Wow. And he done told a couple of his homeboys, so.
Speaker 8: They knew and the sister.
Speaker 10: The sister obviously doesn't care, because when the young baby's sister told her that she knew, she smirked and said, he wants.
Speaker 1: To be with me anyway, So she of course that's what he told her.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the selfishness of it all.
Speaker 1: But now how you think that's gonna work?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You think he gonna divorce his wife and marry right back into the family. Yeah, that is gonna hate him? What you can't even You can't even a dude. Ain't that stupid? You're gonna divorce this woman and then mary right back into the family. Are you kidding me? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, But in her crazy head, that's what she's thinking is gonna happen because she just smirked.
Speaker 8: She's cool with it.
Speaker 1: She's jealous of her older sister because she's prettier, richer, and she got the lifestyle. I could have had him too. He won't me, just like he won't you. No, he just want to do you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because if somebody doesn't tell the baby's gonna say something. Because the baby already told the baby sister, the boy that she you know, he already told her that she's over there all the time, sister, My daddy.
Speaker 1: And oh should be kissing the real hard and be cutting the water on.
Speaker 8: Yes, somebody's got to say something soon.
Speaker 1: They broke the water found in there, rod down. We ain't got no more toilet.
Speaker 8: Seat, all right.
Speaker 1: Leave your comments on my foot slipped on it, ripped it off.
Speaker 10: Leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram and Steve Harvey FM, and check us out on the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good.
Speaker 8: Coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for junior and sports talk. What you got junior?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well before we get to sports talk, shirty, I don't even care right now, I just need to talk to Tarry Easton for the Houston Rockets. You cost us the playoffs. Don't shut up, Just shut your ass. Why would you go out here and tempt the Golden State Warriors for what?
Speaker 3: What would you do that for? Warriors? Come out to play? You would even play? You don't play?
Speaker 9: Turn Easton for the Houston Rockets number seventeen. The last time he played was New Year's Day. Now he goes sit up here and put a video out to the Golden State Warriors talking about yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on in the Houston. We got something for you before we lost that what we did? We lost three to one.
Speaker 9: Ten because you have set up here attempt to steph Current Draymond and Clay Thompsons because they brought it to your ass. Why you were sitting on the bench You never even got in the game. Why the hell you even talking?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: What the hell you talking?
Speaker 6: Folk?
Speaker 3: You played twenty one minutes the whole season? What is your ass talking?
Speaker 8: Folk?
Speaker 3: You need to be cut today now?
Speaker 6: Am I?
Speaker 3: We are gonna make the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Charlotte? What did you say he did to the Warriors?
Speaker 3: He put a fitty out? You remember the little thing for What did you say he did to He made a video and send it to the Warriors? Worrious come out and play?
Speaker 1: What'd you say that did? What to the Warriors that tempted them, that.
Speaker 3: Tempted them, and they whooped. They ass did?
Speaker 9: They talked about your ass after in the press conference. Why are you trolling them? And you can't troll from.
Speaker 3: The sideline, You on the bench, from the they might just bought a ticket. Hell, you don't never play?
Speaker 9: The hell did you talking to Steph Curry and Draymond Reis and you got twenty one minutes in an eighty two season game eighty two game season twenty one?
Speaker 3: Hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: When he had nothing else? Junior?
Speaker 3: I'll give a damn what do you got off?
Speaker 1: We can't got time to make videos?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The hell did you thinking? You playing?
Speaker 1: Hey, dog, he's not an NBA player, he's a content creator.
Speaker 9: Because your name and Fred Blanfiet, Jayleen Green, Dylan Brooks, Amon Thompson or Jabari Smith.
Speaker 3: Junior, shut your ass up. We're trying to do something here.
Speaker 8: Then you have never seen you this matter before.
Speaker 1: Y'all need some people on y'all team with some better names.
Speaker 3: Well you don't matter. That's all we got right now.
Speaker 9: But we we was on our way to the playing tournament until Tarry Easton opened his day of mouth.
Speaker 3: Now we ain't making nothing.
Speaker 1: Name the other players again slowly, Fred Vanfleet, that's the only.
Speaker 3: Game we know, Jabari Smith, Jim, Jayleen Green and Dylan Brooks. That's our starting five.
Speaker 7: Boy.
Speaker 1: That was from Uller the Grizzlies. Yes, light skinned boy, remember he.
Speaker 9: Told yeah him, that's all we got. Now, Hi, I'm Tara, oh here content creating, that's all you do.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: And that's not even getting to the head coach. We already got probably with the head coach what he did. Sorry, messing with me along, I'm sick of I'll tell you what. If you're looking for me, Tar, I'll be in Houston in two weeks. In him Clark come fine.
Speaker 10: Coming up at the top of the hour, Lady needs some advice if she wants to know if her boyfriend loves her or her financial stability.
Speaker 8: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Morning show, all right, Steve.
Speaker 10: This is from Amy and Harlem. Amy says, I'm in love with a man that makes less money than I do. We've been together for almost two years and he wants to move into my home and sell his house. But I recently found out his house belongs to his brother, so he won't get any money from the sale of the house. He also pays child support. I don't mind being the breadwinner or helping him out financially at times, but I need to know if he is truly in love or if he is using me as a lifeline. How can I tell the difference?
Speaker 1: Well, if you feel like you're being used as a lifeline, it's because that's what's happening.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Can he be in love with you because you're his lifeline? Of course? But there are other things too. Number one, how does he treat you? Number two? How does he make you feel?
Speaker 11: Three?
Speaker 1: Do you feel safe and secure with him? Ask yourself those very very basic questions. How does he make you feel? And do you feel safe and secure with him? And outside of money, what does he have to offer you? What is the benefit if money weren't involved? Here? Tell me what's the upside of dating him? Okay, you should be able to fill out that form that I just gave it. If you can't put nothing in them blocks, it's because it ain't.
Speaker 8: Nothing that Wow, And he's gonna sell a house that he doesn't even own.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, how you're gonna sell a house, you do. That's that's that's gibber jabber?
Speaker 7: What what? What?
Speaker 1: Gibber jabber? Anybody what? Look? Yea, I'm gonna say my brother's house out of own. I ain't gonna make no money off of what I'm gonna do, and they'll move here with you. Now. What didn't happen is his brother said he's selling the house and he ain't gonna have nowhere to stay.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, come on, yeah, and he's.
Speaker 1: Selling his brother's house. His brother came and said, hey, man, I'm gonna sell this house. You need to start looking somewhere because if his sales might be a quick sale. We're in Harlem, you know those properties are skyrocketing. Now yeah, Broug gonna make a nice little profit. He gonna be out.
Speaker 8: So now he needs some place to stay, so he's looking at her.
Speaker 1: They gonna move in with you. Uh huh.
Speaker 8: He doesn't even own the house. So and he pays child support.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah that's good.
Speaker 10: Oh so that's how she can tell the difference, which was what her question was, Well, just very simple.
Speaker 1: How does he make you feel? Do you feel feel safe and secure? What does he do for you outside of money and just answer those questions. It's very simple. Okay, all right, obviously she don't need his money. If you don't need his money, what is it that you get from him besides him coming over, you know, sleeping with you.
Speaker 10: They've been together almost two years. I'll say he was somebody that only wait what I was just saying.
Speaker 1: Some jibba jabber.
Speaker 10: That's all right, listen, we have time for another one.
Speaker 11: Steve.
Speaker 8: This is from Keana and Edisto Island.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: My husband and I got really drunk on vacation and he asked me if he could have a threesome. I said no, and I meant no. It came up the other day and he said I was drunk and I don't remember that. I told him yes. We got into an argument and he said he's doing it with or without me? Was he bluff or was he putting me out?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: I asked you, and you said yes, George drunk, I did not say yes. I said no. You said yes, I'm doing it with you're without you. This is something he's already committed to, that's.
Speaker 8: Right, been wanting to do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he in it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I need to quit drinking too, because they don't remember.
Speaker 1: Somebody needs to behave y'all. Either y'all need to quit drinking or start recording when y'all start drinking.
Speaker 10: Both of those survival solutions. Steve All right, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we will have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Today's solar eclipse will begin in Texas at one twenty seven pm Central Time and end in Maine at three thirty five pm Eastern Time, but the exact time of the eclipse varies. You can search by your zip code to find out the exact time.
Speaker 8: For your location.
Speaker 10: And please remember that staring directly at the sun during a solar eclipse can lead to permanent eye damage. You must be wearing special protective lenses. It is safe to drive during an eclipse as long as you don't look up at the sky.
Speaker 8: It is not safe to.
Speaker 10: Drive wearing the special eclipse glasses. Okay, please don't have poks on behind the wheel. They're not regular.
Speaker 3: TEO.
Speaker 8: I know exactly, but so are you. Guys?
Speaker 1: Into it.
Speaker 8: You're gonna be looking at you'll know if it'll be light again.
Speaker 11: And if rain in here in Texas this week, let me do today?
Speaker 1: All right, something gonna miss it.
Speaker 8: It's today.
Speaker 11: I don't have to see it. I don't know a by y'all, but I don't have to see it.
Speaker 8: I mean it is kind of a once or twice in a lifetime thing, you know.
Speaker 9: Showd we black people. You don't how much stuff I got to deal with? Like what this credit card deal?
Speaker 3: Do today too? I damn that eclipse.
Speaker 11: Once we know we can go blind by looking at something. Ain't nobody fooling with that?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 10: All right, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at thirty three minutes after.
Speaker 8: We'll play around it. Would you rather right after this you're listening hardy Morning Show, it's time out for a rounded. Would you rather? Would you rather soggy corn flakes for breakfast every day? Or would you rather just cold oatmeal? Every day? Which one soggy flake?
Speaker 3: Soggy soggy corn flakes? I'm familiar with that?
Speaker 1: Oh no cold you talk?
Speaker 11: You know what cold? You know, a hard, hot, thick oatmeal e that they get cold?
Speaker 1: And yeah, you as that box of quakers just straight out there.
Speaker 8: You could throw it in the microwave, right and cook it?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 11: Surely?
Speaker 1: You just saying?
Speaker 8: I know, but if you don't want to cold, you.
Speaker 11: Know what, I'd rather you not. I'd rather you not get your opinion, That's what I can you cook the oat meal?
Speaker 1: It was? Would you rather have saggy cereal or cold oat meal? Now?
Speaker 6: Damn?
Speaker 1: If you can eat it up, then give me the damn oatmeal. What is we talking about?
Speaker 8: So you can't put it in the microwave?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I can cook. I knew it all right.
Speaker 10: Would you rather be voted most likely to succeed or class clown in school?
Speaker 11: Class?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I was.
Speaker 11: All three of us was class clown.
Speaker 1: I would class clown. I was voted most unlikely.
Speaker 8: To succeed and most difficult for the most difficult, right, most difficult. I didn't even know that was the thing. Most diffic I don't know they had it in the category.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 1: I can look up the yearbook picture right now and send it to you. I'll go on the ale right now.
Speaker 8: And high school is over, so stop being difficult, all right?
Speaker 10: Would you rather piercing headache for a day or spend a day with your lovely X bringing.
Speaker 3: As I'd be profe.
Speaker 11: How many milligrams you want.
Speaker 8: Trying to kill yourself?
Speaker 11: What se Yeah, I'm yeah, I'm I'm gonna have that headache for a day, for a.
Speaker 8: Day, piercing headache, now, Pierce.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just excruciate. It's the same thing. If I get with her for that day, it's piercing. It's actually worse.
Speaker 1: I take the peters and headache because you sit there with them suicidal thoughts all damn day.
Speaker 4: And I can't do that.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 10: Would you rather sex on the floor of a deserted cabin or would you rather have sex on a mattress in a cave?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Either one?
Speaker 11: That's right.
Speaker 3: With half six, I.
Speaker 1: One of them. We can leave that cabin and go get in that cave. We work.
Speaker 3: If the bats is watching me half sex, that's the fault.
Speaker 1: Don't matter, you know. No, I'm being that cabin. We ain't going out of that cave every day.
Speaker 11: I'm going away.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 8: That's today's round of would you rather? Coming up next?
Speaker 10: It is our last break of the day, and we'll close out the show with the one and only the myth legend, Steve Harvey.
Speaker 8: Right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Monday. Yep. See if you have some inspiring words to take a seat.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I do it was this isn't comes from an off air conversation I was having with the crew.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: My closing remarks today are to help you all understand, uh, the process of success. And I was explaining to the crew something that had happened, uh in my career, and I just wanted to share it with you all so you all can understand the process of success. You know, it's amazing how some people are in your life, uh to provide you with pivotal moments, and you have to recognize it when it's happening. And I got to admit to you, you don't always know right away when it's happened. But if you keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward, God usually reveals to you why certain things happen. And it's amazing how people oftentimes and sometimes will dig a hole for you, not realizing that they're not really trying. What they would consider burying you is actually planting you. And I want to thank the people in my life. Who have attempted to bury me when all you ended up doing was planning me. The dirt you threw on me turned out to be just the fertile nutrients I needed to sprout something new, bigger, and better. So I want to thank you. I'll give you the example. I was referring to this guy who I won't mention his name, decided and I knew something was up because on my birthday, and I was right across the street from his office on the lot, and he didn't send a birthday card. They normally always send celebrities Christmas gifts and birthday card, but I noticed I didn't get a Christmas gift that year. And my birthday was in January and I didn't get a birthday gift. So I knew then what was going to happen in May. You know, mayors, when they have the upfronts and television, they decide what stays and what goes. So I knew it was over anyway. And May came, and what happened was he doubled down. He not only canceled my talk show, he canceled Little Big Shots. Now this was crazy because we were talking about two hit shows. They were two hits, but he had an idea in his head to get rid of me because for whatever the reason, he didn't like me. And I could tell you on the inside why he didn't like me, because well, the decision was made, The decision was given to them to accept Family Feud Celebrity Family Feud. He came to me and turned it down. I gave it to them first since I had two shows on the network. They turned it down. Well, then after it became a hit, the guy came to me and asked me to pull Celebrity Family Feud off because it's messing up their lineup because the numbers on Family Feud. Celebrity Family Feud was so big. Well, I refuse to do it because I don't like to do stuff like that. Here's somebody that believed in me. You didn't believe in it, and then now you see it winning, you want me to walk away? And his exact words were, well, we have two of your shows on our network. It would only seem smart. I said, well, I came to you in the beginning, so I guess he didn't like that answer. So he said, I'll tell you what. You won't help me. I'm not gonna help you. So he canceled both the shows. At one time. It was a surprise to me, but he thought he would get rid of me since I didn't want to work with him. But I offered this show to him first. So now let me tell you what eventually happened. Little did he know what he had done. What oftentimes God does for you and if you stay in there, like I always tell people, behind every moment of adversity, there are two things that happened. There's a lesson and there's a blessing. So what he did was he didn't know it, but he had really answered a prayer of mine because I've been asking God for more time to be able to explore other types of business ventures and I was working too much. Well guess what. That freed up thirty five weeks of talk show, and that freed up twenty two episodes of Little Big Shots, so I had some more time. Now. What he didn't know was it's that dirt that he threw on me was the very fertile nutrient that I needed to give birth to a new plant. So out of that moment came a meeting I had with ABC, and I mentioned the show I had in mind about being a TV judge. Next thing you know, they green lit it, and all of a sudden, the Judge Show was born. The Judge Show turned out to be a better business deal for me than both of those shows put together. The guy that got rid of me, guess what when he lost those two his shows and what he replaced me didn't do well. Kelly Clarkson has done well, and she's really cool and I love her. I got no problem with that. But Little Big Shots is gone. That cost him his job, along with the other bad moves he made. So sometimes when it looks like somebody is slamming the door in your face, somebody trying to bury you, and they throwing dirt on you, remember the dirt that they throw on you can actually be fertile nutrient soil and it's gonna give birth to something else. And I want to thank him for that. And y'all keep your head up when bad stuff happened to you, because you never know somebody trying to bury you, but God might be planting you. That's what I learned in that whole thing. So when you think I'm buried, you better hold on. I might have just got replanted. Thank you. Those are my closing remarks today. Hey, y'all, talk to God today. He would absolutely love to hear from you and go to him just like you all. Okay, y'all stay in Key.
Speaker 10: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show