Speaker 1: If you're about to make a change in your life and you feel uncomfortable, that's the best feeling you can have.
Speaker 2: Because for the first time in your life, you'll makeing a.
Speaker 1: Decision that's going to be best for you and not what somebody told you to do.
Speaker 2: And that's when all bets are off.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I'm your host with Sean McDonald. Our theme is there's no perfect time to start following your dreams. I recognize that we all have different definitions of success.
Speaker 2: For you and maybe decide to.
Speaker 1: Your HM, it's time to stop reading other people's success stories to start living your own.
Speaker 2: Keep winning well.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Money Making Conversation. I am your host with Sean McDonald. I always see this all the time. I tell people to stop reading other people's success stories and start writing your own.
Speaker 2: That's important.
Speaker 1: When I tell it's about motivation and I don't know if I can motivate people to understand how valuable they are. And when I say that is that I get up every day at four thirty am, a lot of.
Speaker 2: People go ooh.
Speaker 1: I mean even when I say that time, the average person who every day, well, that's part of my plan. So if you have a plan, because I have to get up at that time, because if I get up at six, then I realized that at four to thirty I get up, I kind of stumble around the house.
Speaker 2: I pick up a newspaper. Nobody's bothering you.
Speaker 1: At four thirty in the morning, I watch a TV show I want to watch. I can just make some food that I want to eat. So set your time to make you win. And so my next cast is a guy that, first of all, the energy is beautiful. If you still have questions about banking, about financial he's a financial motivator, but I love the reason I love.
Speaker 2: Let me introduce him right quick again.
Speaker 1: Our call number is four zero four eight eight zero nine two five five. That's four zero four eight eight zero ninety two five five. The next guest is Ash Cash. He's one of the nation's top financial educators, personal finance expert, business coach, motivational speaker, for fifteen year banking executive, and the author of many books, including four Amazon dot Com bestsellers. I ain't even read one book we got, okay, I know, I know, I know. He has been featured on many media outlets as The CNN, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, America Bankers, CNBC, TheStreet, dot Com, Black Enterprise, Essen Magazine, and Ebony. He is dubbed as the financial Motivator. He used a culturally responsive approach and teaching financial literacy, wealth building, and entrepreneurship above all. His credentials, accleades, and titles actually simply known for helping people maximize their full potential. That's what we deal here. Please work with the money making conversations.
Speaker 3: Ash Cash, Hey, brother, thank you for having me look at that for it. Man, I'm so excited because I'm in the presence of a legend. Then I got there here a legend on the far man. It's a beautiful day. It's a beautiful day.
Speaker 2: Well, as you.
Speaker 1: Know, our relationship has been unique because we've seen each other from Afar, yes, and then we met each other. We fell in love like bruh, absolutely, and then the whole approach was tied to your whole world is about helping people. But the thing I like about you, because the reason I brought you on the show with George Georgie Fraser, Doctor George Fraser, is that he's a technical guy. So sometimes you can get lost in his technical, technical style of teaching. Well, you are a common systence no, no negative of doctor GEORGEI Frasier. But you break it down, it's such a common natural way that doesn't throw fear into people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's funny because you mentioned I was a fifteen year banking executive. So first and foremost I grew up in projects, right, And so growing up in the projects, really didn't have money hustler you know, you know, packing bags at a doing selling mix stats and T shirts.
Speaker 2: So I know that entrepreneur life.
Speaker 3: But I was fortunate to get into banking, and I started at nineteen years old and did everything in banking from personal bank or private banker, branch manager see over credit Union, right. And when I realized when I was a private bank, I was managing money for wealthy individuals and they had a team. But then I thought about my people back at home, and I said, we don't even got one person teaching about money. So I said, you know, in the words of the honorable Sean called a jay Z, there's much bigger issues in the world.
Speaker 2: I know, But I first had to take care of the world.
Speaker 3: I know, and So for me, I said, listen, if I'm a guy who's from the neighborhood, I understand hip hop, I understand the language. I understand you know what we need from our community. And you know I was able to make it to the c suite and from a banking perspective, what if I just took that knowledge and I brought it back to our people and as they say, put the medicine in the candy, right, and so that and and that's been my life, like that is my life.
Speaker 2: Mission is exactly what doctor.
Speaker 3: Fraser was saying was really you know, you know, closing that wealth gap specifically for our people, because we have, you know, everything that we need to live the best possible life. We just need the education and we need we need that education in a way that we can understand it. And then once we understand it, then there's no excuse while we're not implementing it.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: We have a call here Chantale and Marietta, Georgia. You have a question about investment. Please welcome to the show. You on the airline with me, not right now, I'm an interviewing Ash Cash and of course I'm ru Sean McDonald. What'd you have to say, chantel, what's your question?
Speaker 4: How you guys doing the season. I'm curious. I've been listening for you all a couple of days now to hear about young people getting educated and taking a chance and investing. I'm curious. I've been doing like I have a ninety five work for a government, but the passive income in between just trying to find my niche I keep doing.
Speaker 2: Like these.
Speaker 4: Quick little schemes. I guess so maybe door dasher, instacart or trying to make just that income in between instead of check to check my next endeavor. I'm curious about taking a chance with investment for ATM and if you think it's profitable, I am in the Marietta outside Atlanta area and not just have the goal for one After the next minute, grow.
Speaker 2: Let me, let me, let me, let me cut you off a little bit right quick, because you said a word that I ever want you to use when you're talking about your investment, the words scheme. Yes, yeah, see when that came out, I'm gonna let ask cash talk.
Speaker 1: But we're in the same way. You got you got, she said, scheme. I said, I've.
Speaker 2: Never used the word scheme playing in my financial future. I'm afraid that somebody go with the logo come in through the back door, in the front door.
Speaker 4: I repra.
Speaker 2: I don't do that. Hustle thought, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's not better either. That's not better either.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: The the here's the here's the thing is that you know, focus on what you really want to focus on, and not necessarily the money aspect of it, right, because like you said, you have the nine to five, right, and then now you're trying to find another way to create passive income. I have been in that same spot before, and I have been in your spot where I was trying different things with my in and this and and that. And the thing that happened was I said, you know what, forget the money, right, meaning that if I'm only chasing money, then I am wasting my time because money's.
Speaker 2: Gonna come and go.
Speaker 3: You're gonna realize that money's gonna come and go. But if you chase after something that you are aligned with, not hustling, right, not a scheme, but I want you to be aligned with what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So I'll give you an example. So for me, I said, hey, I want.
Speaker 3: To educate people, but me educating people, I said, how am I gonna pay I got married, I got two kids. How am I gonna pay the bills by just educating?
Speaker 2: But my passion. I was going to inner city schools.
Speaker 3: I was teaching financial literacy, and I said, how can I turn my passion into a business, right, not a side hustle, not a scheme, but actual business? And then I said, oh, let me write a book. Then I said, let me go, you know, go to schools in and become a speaker. Let me go correct, right, And I think that that's what you need to find out first and foremost is what are you passionate about?
Speaker 2: And does that passion feel a need? And how can you feel that need?
Speaker 3: Once you do that and you start making money, then let's start talking about how we could take that money, like doctor Fraser said, and start investing it in different vehicles so that money could grow. But first, but if you but if you're after the money first, I personally wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Say to do that.
Speaker 3: I would say, find that passion, find how you that passion could feel a need, and once you have that need filled that you start making money from it. Now take some of that money and start investing in other places.
Speaker 2: So it could grow and I'm just follow this up chantail. Money is interesting.
Speaker 1: Money is really interesting because it makes people make bad decision and good decisions. Okay, the bad decision is that if you invest something that you can't lose, and a lot of people don't understand that.
Speaker 2: See, you can invest if you.
Speaker 1: If your time is valuable, which it should be, people invest it, but they'll understand that investment that you can lose, you can't get time back.
Speaker 2: And so when you.
Speaker 1: Put it out there, and so people understand that money is the same thing. And so I run the opportunity to route too. I will tell people all the time, I said, when I go into the grocery store, my goal has always been I just buy what I want. I technically don't even look at the price. Now I do shop with coupons. If I have some coupons, I go in there make sure if I got two eggs or seventy five cents off of of milk or I will do that.
Speaker 2: That's when I'm looking for a price. But technically I'm just going in there.
Speaker 1: But I'm also a guy who will take advantage of an opportunity. And I'm just telling you, is that just reframe your thought process. Don't use words like hustle, don't use words like scheme, because you need to articulate your conversation to people who appreciate the value of a plan. And right now, just put your plan in action. Realize your time is an investment, and then you should outline your time with a schedule, and that schedule has to be consistent. And when it's consistent, like I said earlier, I get up at four thirty every day.
Speaker 2: Monday through Friday. That's my winning time.
Speaker 1: Your winny time might be five thirty, your windy time might be six thirty. But what your winning time can be four thirty on Tuesday, six o'clock on Wednesday, seven o'clock on Thursday, three o'clock on Friday. Your body and your mind be whack. And so so I just want you to understand that. Thank you for calling the show today, and but call back and be a friend of the show, because what we want to do here is elevate your thought process to know that you can win by getting information off on show, money making conversation, and you can win by listening to Wcoka.
Speaker 2: Is that all right, Chantell?
Speaker 4: Most definitely, I guess I want to say to be able to put back into my four one. My dad had to break it down. I was cooeless and didn't know that investing into your four one is not only coming out of a paycheck. I thought. I didn't know that it could just come out of your pocket and be put back into investing in retiring. I was new to that, Like, oh really, I didn't. I wasn't just made away, you know, you don't learn these things in high school. And all my passion is to have the business and to have different entities under it. That'll be my my my, and to help out others, you know, where I can maybe we can split and go on to the next ATM or the next endeavor I want to give back as well, or you know, kind of put somebody onto you know, the business as well, so they're they're able to make pass income.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the one the one thing I would say, chantel is really about the research, you know, because you know, whatever you focus on, there's somebody right now who's making millions of dollars by by selling plastic pins, right and so it's really what you focus on, and so understanding what it's going to take to to invest in the ATM business. Uh, you know what time you have to dedicate to it, and then also you know what the returns are and if you're willing to do what it takes or are you going to have to hire someone? So really, as Rashaun mentioned, it's really the plan and making sure you have the plan first. And then once you have the plan, and and once the plan is sound and it's viable, I would say execute.
Speaker 1: And then and then you execute with the whole idea that you cannot lose. But if you lose, don't let it traumatize you. Because I have lost. I have lost, and I tell people all the time. That's why we're trying to share my flaws when I talk to people, because if you look at a person who always says he's successful all the time, he's lying. And if you look at the person who don't want to share their flaws, stop talking to him. And I want to thank you Chantelle for calling the show money Making Conversations.
Speaker 6: Please don't go anywhere. We'll be right back with more Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Welcome back to the Money Making Conversations Masterclass hosted by Rashaan McDonald. Money Making Conversations Masterclass continues online at Moneymakingconversations dot com and follow money Making Conversations Masterclass on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Speaker 1: I got people talking saying to my number for me saying my name money Making Conversations doctor Georgey phrase he blew it up. Information is available on money Making Conversation dot com about him money Making Conversation dot Com. Information the available body him if you if you go to the contact area and feel that out, we will definitely send the information over to him.
Speaker 2: Like you said then, he said seven decades, he said eight eight decades. He said, seventy seven, eight decades, eight decades. Well, knowledge and wisdom. Well, you know we're not eight decades. Yeah, not yet, but we want to get there.
Speaker 1: But my ass cast, you know, like I was saying earlier, you know, you're one of the nationest top financial educators, personal finance expert, business coach, and motivational speakers. And that whole motivational speaking part is what I want to get into right now because so many people want to hear the word like in church now they want to hear the Bible. So many people want to hear how to be successful, but don't want to put the work in or follow the rules of the Bible. It's the same thing in the financial world that you in.
Speaker 2: You people come.
Speaker 1: Up with you, take photos with you, say, man, how can I want to give you the business card? What frustrates you most when people don't do what you're advising to do because you can't tell them what you advise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think I think the most frustrating part is uh, just people complaining, you know, uh, because because here's the deal, because uh, we all have a choice, right Uh. Being broke is difficult, being successful is difficult.
Speaker 2: You just gotta choose the difficult that you want.
Speaker 3: And so if you choose the difficult, that says, hey, I'm gonna be broke, I'm not gonna know how to you know, take care of my family.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna worry about how to make ends meet and things of that nature.
Speaker 3: And there's somebody who's taking time to show you, you know, how to you know, how to do that, how to get to the next level of life, and just to you know, be somebody who is taking up that knowledge and not implementing. I think that's the most frustrating part because there's a lot of people out there that want the information, who would love to have somebody give them the information. And so if you are, you know, you know, wasting time, you're you're in the you're in the way of somebody else who is willing to implement. So other than that, I think that's the frustrating part. But the truth of the matter too is I also know that it doesn't happen overnight, right, right, And so I know that there are people who, you know, what we're saying is shaking up their mindset, right, Like doctor Fraze just says, don't waste.
Speaker 2: Your time on savings.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: He didn't say that verbatim, but he's saying, listen, you are wasting your time on you know, if you're saving your month for percent, right, half a percent, right, so it's not even one percent, it's half of eight percent, right. And so as a former fifteen year big and executive, I approve that message. But you gotta think, right, you gotta think in our neighborhood that like, like that's what they told us, they said, to go to work, work hard, save your money. But if you save your money, you're losing money. And I think that, you know, it's a whole big paradigm shift that's happening. And so I get it. We're shaking up people's world.
Speaker 2: That's all they knew.
Speaker 3: They grandmothers and parents are telling them save, save, save, safe, save, And now the paradigm is invest invest in. That's and so people might not get it on the first time. And so for me, I'm happy that the conversations are happy, the money making conversations are happening. Uh and and and I know eventually we got we just gotta make it. We gotta keep having a conversation until it becomes cool.
Speaker 2: It like what Chanteraira was talking about the four one k.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your your employer pays some, she pays some, take it out of your check fifty dollars a month. It adds up in a big way. I got Eric from Shamblee. He has a banking with a basic investment conversation.
Speaker 2: Question. Eric from Shamblee.
Speaker 1: You're on the call with Shan McDonald and financial guru and a motivator, mister Ashcash.
Speaker 2: What's your question?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I mean I'm an artist and I also want to try to work on licensing my art and promoted. But that's my passion to make money. But I know all the things that you're talking about, I don't know anything about. I can't I don't know a pic of it, you know, to say, Okay, I'm gonna add water and sugar and I just start making a money take yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, So Eric, thank you, thank you for that. Yeah yeah, now for sure, and thank you for that vulnerability.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: What I would say is this, I would say, make sure that you have a financial plan.
Speaker 2: And what does that mean.
Speaker 3: You know, when you get paid, whatever you do, whether you still have a nine to five, whether it's your art, whenever you get paid, what I want you to do is put a certain amount aside, right, And so whether it's thirty percent, ten percent, find out.
Speaker 2: An amount that you're comfortable with. Put that aside.
Speaker 3: And the first thing you're gonna do is you're gonna you're gonna start building what I like to call your financial freedom fund. And what that means is start to build up an account that's six to eight months of expenses.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And so so we're not saying savings accounts are bad. We're saying that actually good because they can save you, you know, in case of an emergency. So start building a financial freedom fund. But then also what you need to start doing is is after or while you're building that financial freedom fund. The truth of the matter is that no one's gonna become financially free if they don't invest, if they don't change their relationship with money. Because right now, our relationship is that we're gonna work hard for money. But the true relationship should be money should work hard for you. And the only way that happens is if you invest right. And so as you're building your financial freedom fund, start to put money aside that you're gonna start investing. And the good thing about doing it every time you get paid is that you're not just taking a lump sum.
Speaker 2: You're doing what's called dollar cost averaging.
Speaker 3: So whether you're investing in crypto, if you're investing in the stock market, whatever you're investing in, you're actually doing it on a periodic basis. And as you do it on that periodic basic it's actually gonna grow for you. But the number one thing before you invest a dollar is to understand, you know, to have the information, the knowledge on how to invest. And so there are tons of podcasts out there, there's a lot of you know, financial shows, out there. There are free resources on YouTube that can actually teach you the basics of how to get into it. I would start there and then and and and then you start to build, you know, build from there. Absolutely. I was just want to say.
Speaker 2: This on my nd rate.
Speaker 8: Now I've got I've got a little bit of money right sitting in the drawer doing nothing.
Speaker 2: I hope it's not really sitting in the drawer. It's not really in a drawer, is It's not really in the drawer? Okay? Cool? We really need to talk.
Speaker 1: Offline and don't let nobody at track this phone either because I'm done. I don't need to be on Channel five tonight because somebody didn't sixty nine on my number.
Speaker 8: You said it's doing you know what I'm saying. This money is just doing nothing. I mean it's only like fifteen hundred dollars, but it's doing nothing.
Speaker 2: Right, But that's money though they could be stuff. Did you not hear? What? What just take three hundred dollars to go to cryptocurrency?
Speaker 1: I just want to give this advice to you and everybody because we want to go to some more callers and thank everybody for calling in on the show, and especially thank you, because you're being honest about yourself, and the only way you can move ahead is being honest about your situation. What always drives me is about people who go to church they tied. We see, God teaches you how to save. He gives you the discipline to save, but you do it for the church, but don't do it for yourself. So you take that same discipline. So when I tell people who in the church put a little money inside, they look at me like, I ain't got no money, but you got money for church though. So I'm telling you take that same principle, that same discipline that you have for church, and apply to yourself, and you'll win twice the God blessing and the personal blessing.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And so if you take advantage of that knowledge that we're trying to give you, and what you want to win with is that.
Speaker 2: I value your call.
Speaker 1: I value your knowledge, But the discipline is what most people make a mistake on. And I just wanted to do a shout out to the people who go to church to the people who do tie. Those are the same people. And you know, we'll tell you. I don't know how I'm gonna do that. I don't know how I'm gonna pull together twenty dollars a week when you give it twenty dollars to the church every week, and that's forty dollars. All I'm saying is fifty dollars a month, So you can get to that fifty dollars. And so all I've ever said, and all Ash Cash is always saying, is common sense. That's why I love this brother. He talks from a commonsense perspective. Now we have Donald and Conyer's he's a disabled veteran. How you doing and thank you for serving our country? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Donald?
Speaker 5: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 7: Are you I'm really good?
Speaker 1: You're on the call with Ash Cash, and of course i'm Rasean mcdonne's what's your what's your question?
Speaker 5: Yes? I was asking, as a veteran on a income, how would I get into the game. I'm unemployable, so I'm not able to work. I just get faced income every month. So how would I be able to get into that and not injure myself financially to take care of my other financial obligation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that's a great question, and thank you for your service. So what I what I would say is similar to what I was telling mister Eric was really you know, really about you know.
Speaker 2: Taking money from the side, right.
Speaker 3: And what happens is though when you are on a fixed income, there's only two two ways, right, that you could or three ways to increase your bottom line. You either decrease expenses, increase your income, or do both things.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And so if you're on a fixed income, what I would say is the first thing is to look at your expenses and see, you know, what ways that you could cut back some right, what ways can you use I said, I said, what ways that you could cut back on expenses? Because as you're as you're cutting back on expenses, you now make you know, make way for some income and then you use that income.
Speaker 2: Because what happens is this, once.
Speaker 3: You cut back, and even if you're cutting back on expenses, it doesn't have to be permanently. It could be temporarily. So that way you can gain you know, some money to invest. And while you're investing and making your money work for you, and that money starts to grow. Now you're building money that you have access to that you could either put back into the investment and let it keep growing. Or if you wanted to supplement that that expense you can. But so so I would say start with decreasing your expense. See what you know, what things you're spending money on that could potentially be decreased, and then you know, start to look into investing money.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna add this to you, a lot of people don't realize that sometimes you don't try to invest by yourself. Get a group of people together and start educating yourself.
Speaker 2: Four or five people. If you got fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: That means five of y'all have two hundred and fifty dollars that can be invested as a group. Now you're not you're investing two hundred fifty dollars, So you're not investing in your two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Plus you have.
Speaker 1: Other people doing research for you also invest in their time because they're fifty dollars means something to you. So I would say take the advice and ask gave you. But also if you have some people start, don't get in the game quick. There's no rush. What bothers me about people that get a certain age, they feel like I gotta hurry up and get there. No I don't care if you sixty seventy eighty, take your time. If you rush life right, life will in for you because you're in a hurry. I am not in a hurry to do nothing. I drive slow, I eat faster.
Speaker 2: You eat faster because I come from a big family, six sisters, two brothers. You come from a big family. You learn to eat fast. Brother. But I tell you this, You're a blessing in this conversation because you're the typical person who comes in who says I don't have enough.
Speaker 1: Will you do if you have friends, if you have relatives who are willing to sign a contract, don't ever just give somebody your money? Oh everybody. I find my brother, fied, my sister. I find a lot of relatives because I went down that route, thought they loved me, and then they didn't want to show up for work. So I know what you have to do to get people committed. But all I want to do is thank you for calling on the show. We'll be back next week. But again, this is.
Speaker 2: Money making conversations live.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, man, because of the fact that WCLK is giving me a live opportunity to talk about this opportunity to give you information and have an ass care on the show and the and the Dean the Guru, you know, doctor George Fraser on the shows. Me that's all the blessing, thank you and we'll be here next week. Money Making Conversation RuSHA McDonald.
Speaker 9: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Money Making Conversations Masterclass with Rushan McDonald is produced by thirty eight fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight fifteen media dot com.
Speaker 6: And always remember to lead with your gifts