Speaker 1: Look at you in a green shirt. You're shaking it up. You're not in a dark Mickey Mouse hoodie. You're in an audience. He's in a lime green Nike T shirt. I'm shook. I'm shook, shooketh you shook it? What do I do? I don't know. I've never seen you not in a in one of three hoodies while we did this podcast.
Speaker 2: And look at you in a hoodie today?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Why? How have you landed in this lime green T shirt?
Speaker 2: I decided to wear a T shirt today because, Uh, I had a I had an interview earlier.
Speaker 1: Go on what happened?
Speaker 3: We talked about things, tell us everything well.
Speaker 2: We talked about how you can stream extended family on Peacock too much.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, this is a plug for extended family.
Speaker 2: I wore a green T shirt just so you would ask me, so I could plug extended family.
Speaker 1: Who is the who is the interview with?
Speaker 2: It was with? Uh? I don't know? It's me, dude.
Speaker 1: Come on, you don't even remember who you did the interview with.
Speaker 2: I know who I did the interview with. I just don't know.
Speaker 1: Were you high during the interview?
Speaker 2: I might have been.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done an interview high and you think to yourself self, I'm too high for this interview.
Speaker 2: This interview, this might have been that interview.
Speaker 1: I haven't smoked weed in years, but I when I did smoke weed, The idea of being interviewed is not what I would be interested in. But I think you're a bureau You.
Speaker 2: Just get really honest. All that happens is you get honest.
Speaker 1: But I would get in my head like, oh did I answer that right? Oh? I shouldn't have said that. Did that sound weird? I would be so high.
Speaker 2: For so much of a ship now that you know it doesn't.
Speaker 1: You're kind of like a double black diamond skier. But with weed.
Speaker 2: When it comes to marijuana, I'm I'm one of the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and Snoop.
Speaker 2: I have smoked weed with Snoop before.
Speaker 1: Did you get extra mega high?
Speaker 2: I had to stop. It's not that there was that there was I couldn't. It was just too much smoke, Like my throat was so dry and water was not going to solve that problem at that moment.
Speaker 1: I'm the only one of y'all that doesn't enjoy cannabis ativa.
Speaker 4: That's that's fair. That is accurate statement.
Speaker 2: That is accurate.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's okay. I'm alright with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but nobody's trying to peer pressure you back into your old ways. Bro, like the new you was cool.
Speaker 1: I'm alright, No, I don't, I don't. I don't miss it at all, but uh, it sure is popular in uh in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: And in New York City now and in New York City as we.
Speaker 1: Know, all right, should we get into the show, don't watch you count a sentence Scrubs season nine about sure. We made about a bunch of season nine episode four. Everybody, what are we thinking? Daniel, you had some thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to hear Daniels.
Speaker 5: I just you know, what I was saying to Zach earlier is that, you know, I think, with a little distance and a little space and this whole going into season nine with the most open mind possible, it's not that bad. It's really not It's really enjoyable. And I think, you know, there's the reminiscent part of it that's seeing you guys, and there's still a lot of gaffes. And I will say, maybe when we lose a major part of this formula, I'll feel a little differently, but while we're still seeing Turk and JD having a good time. It's really it's a fun show, and I think comparison is the thief of joy in this scenario where it's like you want to say it's bad because you're strictly comparing it to the thing you had before. But I think it's fun. It's still fun.
Speaker 4: It's definitely still fun. As much as I am enjoying the fun parts, some of the show feels ungrounded to me. Specifically in this episode the fantasies, I was like, I don't know who's fantasy this, so we were just randomly cutting fantasy.
Speaker 1: Everyone fantasize.
Speaker 4: I think, mm hmm, it's a weird rule. I don't know how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like I gravitated towards the JD Turk and Cock stuff more than I gravitated towards the interns. And then at one point in the show, j D says to the interns the plot of the exact show that this is a ripoff of you know what I mean, And it was.
Speaker 4: Like the ripoffs were inspired by I think.
Speaker 2: Like three versions of it. We've done this like several times. It's like where we say goodbye to a special person, but then they didn't even make But then they got like real hokey and wrapped up really quick.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't moving. I mean, we know that. When we did that with Glenn Turn it was like one of the best Scrubs episodes ever.
Speaker 2: But at the end of this, this dude they found the guys.
Speaker 1: His war buddies. Yeah, in like a half hour.
Speaker 2: And yeah, get the fuck out of here. Man, you've never seen them before. They obviously lived close.
Speaker 1: They live on the block, right And wait, you're telling me that Cole went to his party and like drank and then came back and changed and got in.
Speaker 2: Scrubs completely unh Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, though, I've just say us in those outfits dancing the cad even before the.
Speaker 2: All of it, all of its online freaking and and and you know that's that was a great part of it. But the best part of the show is fucking Sam Lloyd say Goodbye the Lake.
Speaker 1: Great. Yeah, they were getting ahead of ourselves. Let's start at the beginning to talk.
Speaker 2: About I'm already ready to go five, six, seven, eight.
Speaker 1: No, come on, we do a rewatch podcast Donald until we're done doing rewatch it.
Speaker 2: I'm in it. I'm in it.
Speaker 1: The people want to know what the four of us think, and we are here to serve them. We are here to service millions of people.
Speaker 2: Donald Lucy in the beginning and have the show.
Speaker 1: He went right by my servicing millions.
Speaker 2: Of people because I would write to spitting and I would write to spitting.
Speaker 1: All right, he is spinning in Lucy's face, by the way, not.
Speaker 3: A fantasy, Not a fantasy.
Speaker 1: In reality, he's screaming in her face and spitting in her face.
Speaker 2: And not a fantasy. J D comes to school in leg warmers, well not only leg warmers, like brown, like Debbie Allen style.
Speaker 1: And I will tell you when I performed the fame monologue for Debbie Allens, I tell you, well, just I'll do it quickly for those that have heard it on the podcast. But I I was at a restaurant and Debbie Allen and we established it was it's the creator of Danel. It was Lee Daniels and they were at a table behind us, and Lee Daniels tapped my shoulder and said, have you ever met Debbie Allen? And I instantly just stood up out of respect for her. And she smiled at me and I said, oh, my goodness, Royalty, I loved fame growing up. It's such an honor to meet you. And she said, oh, you're sweet, thank you. And I said I could do the monologue. She's like, you don't know the monologue. And I just went into it, by the way, totally sober, middle of the day, packed restaurant. I just like took my stance and I was like, you want fame. And I went into the whole thing.
Speaker 2: You got dreams, you want fame.
Speaker 1: And she clapped at the end. When I nailed the end, I stuck the landing in front of Debbie Allen Donalds.
Speaker 2: And you think of Debbie Allen. She was in that movie that I was talking about earlier next day. She played my mom.
Speaker 1: Really, that's it and all our stories come full circle anyway. So yes, JD not in a fantasy wearing leg warmers, carrying a stick, making the kids sit on the floor. He really wants to be He wants to be Debbie Allen in fame. What is this all right? So then I wrote in my notes with Johnny se was like, is that a fantasy? And then I realized it was not.
Speaker 2: No, because that's how you and Lucy passed the torch.
Speaker 1: Later on, Oh yes, we sort of dance by each other and the voiceover gets tossed to me. Yes, they throw Lucy under a bus. That was a fantasy. I don't know whose fan. That's my third note. They throw Lucy under the bus. They threw a mannekin under a You don't remember that.
Speaker 2: I do remember that. I thought that came after the the boots. I can't do this on that.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. By the way, I kind of like the beat. It's like a nice remix. It also starts on your beautiful face. It's gotta know it's the scrub's remix.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. Okay, So Lucy says, if you want to keep sleeping with me, you better have my back to call yes, and then he's like, you have so many.
Speaker 2: Rules now, brob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember those T shirts.
Speaker 2: I think I have one to question mark. That means we don't even know when it ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't even know when it ends. You're like, where's mine? I'm wearing the.
Speaker 2: I I love it. Where's Mine?
Speaker 1: That was funny. Now we're so geeked. Part of the theme of this episode for us is that we're getting older, but we're in denial about us getting older. We're still trying to be little kids. We're still super stoked to go out on the town. Our our wives are and we're going to party one eight pm to question Mark. When was that there was somebody's birthday party? And back in the day old scrubs where it was eight pm until upside Down question Mark, it.
Speaker 3: Was a.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was a Spanish themed party. I remember, I forgot what it was, but it was eight pm until upside Down question Mark.
Speaker 2: L Lane in.
Speaker 1: All right, so bro palooza, and they're all excited, they're geeked. And but then Cox tells Denise that she's got to put get her interns under control because their interns they're just they're not doing anything correctly. They don't feel like they were a good.
Speaker 2: No, they're just they're just unruly. They're fighting and they're not a team yet. And uh and and he's witnessing it. He witnessed it there when you're you're absolutely right when they throw her under the bus that was in his class and everything, and he's like dude, you got to get these cats under control. They're wrecking havoc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're also stealing his donut. He didn't like that. They're fighting over his donut.
Speaker 2: And so she pawns it off onto her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Right, but he doesn't have it for very long, right, I forgot if he doesn't know.
Speaker 2: Because he tries. She tries to get out of it, and Cocks is like, get the fuck no, and we're like, get the fuck out of here. You can't do that shit. Is it us? Or is it I forgot already?
Speaker 1: I forgot, and I can't blame it on weed. Joelle, do you remember why does she tries to hand it off to Drew and then Drew somehow flips it by Oh maybe it's me with the cheese.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is that she is. That's right, it is us, right, So it flips and now she's she's like, all right, look, so you guys now have to stay in the er tonight and take down the note ahead of it, take down the.
Speaker 3: Notes with final interviews, right.
Speaker 2: The final interviews of these people that are dying.
Speaker 1: Right. It's as though the writers said, you know, it was a really famous, beloved episode of scrub.
Speaker 2: Comes on, bro, don't do it, don't do it?
Speaker 1: Well, it is kind of that, I mean, it's I'm not missing anyone. I'm just saying that this This is definitely inspired by a very beloved episode.
Speaker 2: Of Scrubs the very year before, the season before, right, it wasn't too distant, No, not that distant.
Speaker 1: Cole's throwing a party and they all want to go to the party, and then Denise throws at the dumb you're not going anywhere. All done or none done. You're not going anywhere until you guys take the final interviews of four patients that are likely going to pass away tonight. Right, and then Lucy references her pubic mons by saying it's like the friggin' Amazon down.
Speaker 2: There because she hasn't shaved, it.
Speaker 1: Has maintained her moms.
Speaker 2: She wants, she wants to she wants to get out.
Speaker 1: And I know it was so weird that she I know, she makes a joke about saying, like, gosh, I'm so awkward, but like she announces to the group that her pubic care is like the Amazon.
Speaker 2: I mean word all right, she does, Yes, that that is accurate statement.
Speaker 1: Yes, Drew, this was weird. He this wasn't thought out he had Why is he in a dinosaur costume in prison?
Speaker 2: He's working, this is what he's doing for uh, for community service?
Speaker 1: But why is that ken you serve? Why would they want a guy just as Come on, bro, No, I just didn't understand the joke, but.
Speaker 2: You're trying to explain it. You're trying the.
Speaker 1: Joke should have some sort of basic logic, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but you're trying to dissect it now, and there's no way to dissect the joke.
Speaker 1: I just want to talk about in the world of the show, he got community service and he dressed up like a dinosaur because he thought he was going to the community service was entertaining children, but ultimately was entertaining prisoners. Why would the prisoners ask the prison why would the prisoners at request or be assigned a man in a dinosaur costume?
Speaker 2: It's no logic here at all.
Speaker 1: And then he said that the costume was flammable, meaning they set him on fire at the prison.
Speaker 3: Yes, they tortured him, Yes, horrifying.
Speaker 2: No, it's not horrifying, Daniel, it's it's bullshit, Like, come on, that's what it is. Horrorfi I get the fuck out of here. This is what it is.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand that at all. It was a very quick fantasy. I think at the ti time they were like, this doesn't work, but we shot it so quick, throwing it in and then get out quick. All right. So Ted is quitting and Ted is finally going to travel the world with his wife Gooch, and they're going to do a tour of the country. And they've written a song for every state.
Speaker 2: Yep, so cute.
Speaker 1: They're very She's so cute. They're both so adorable together. Although I have to say, scrubs Wiki says Gouc and Ted do not sing the state songs in alphabetical order, since Alaska and Arizona come before Arkansas. Oh my gosh, I mean, how could they have left that? How could they that happen? Do you think that they shot those other ones and then they just weren't as funny and so they decided to start on Arkansas. How could they get the alphabetical order wrong.
Speaker 4: Maybe they'd have anything funny to say about Alaska.
Speaker 1: They're like, just go to anyone who's writing those little jokes. There's plenty of funny in Alaska.
Speaker 2: It's cold, in Alaska.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can see Russure from your house. They start singing and they're very adorable. And then Cox the elevator gets stuck and Cox cannot handle it, so he climbs through the emergency hatch of the elevator to escape their singing.
Speaker 4: This is why I lost it. That's what's happening.
Speaker 1: What was going on.
Speaker 4: It was so confusing, this kind of looney tune stuff.
Speaker 1: It's weird. Yeah, and by the way, he doesn't really it doesn't take much for him to escape the elevator. He like does like David Blaine on that ship. He's out of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I did. I thought that was actually on par for a Scrubs joke back in the day, Like that would be the most obscure joke in an episode. Him doing that, know what, I can't handle it. I'm out, and then climbing out, but him falling through the ceiling, and then that's not addressing it. Like there's a bunch of things that you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's all cartoony, And I have to say, to give myself some criticism, I think that I was playing I just leaned into the silliest side of JD. Everything I'm doing in this season so far, to me, except for that, like maybe a one or I just feel like I'm like the broadest one. I'm not playing anything straight. And I know I have a lot of broad stuff to be saying, but I'm watching myself and it all feels like I lost the plot. I'm not literally and figuredly I lost.
Speaker 2: I feel the exact same way, Bro, and I'm I'm I'm glad you pointed at yourself, but I feel like, as a whole, the show itself has lost the plot.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm saying that. I'm even when I watch Michael Moseley, I go, Okay, well he's a great granted and I've said this last episode, he's not called upon to do the super silly stuff that JD is doing, But I'm like he's at least being a good actor. He's playing it straight, he's doing the jokes when they come and I watch myself and I'm going, wow, I just kind of I've leaned all into super silly humor. Obviously, that's what some of most of the stuff they're giving me. JD's there to be as silly as JD can be. But to me, I'm not. I'm not super impressed with my acting so far this season.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's Shakespeare though, So all.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I'm just saying in season one through eight, I think I found a nice balance.
Speaker 2: But that was Shakespeare. That's what I'm trying to tell you, that Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: All right, So Cox drops through the ceiling. We learned that phase one of our of our bromance bro Poloosa is going to be case of dias. That's why we eventually see JD with a giant sleeve of cheese. We say that we're attached by fun. Now JD runs through all the themes. When he finds out there's a party, Cox tells him there's a party. JD runs through many themes. I thought you must be excited that he mentioned Star.
Speaker 2: Wars well, that he mentioned Star Wars twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm at the point of being your wife that when I hear the word star Wars, I get excited. You were like, I love that, Donald love this part. I'm like, because they said the word star Wars, Donald's love this. That's where we're at.
Speaker 4: I have a Star Wars question for Donald. Do you think JD predicted Canto bite? When he called for a murder mystery set in the Raring twenties, A Star Wars murder mystery said in the Raring twenties?
Speaker 2: Is that what canto Bite is?
Speaker 4: I mean, Cantobyte is a nineteen twenties casino style set up where we don't explicitly see murder, but we do see a lot of corruption. I'm just saying. When JD spits us out, I was like, Canto bite.
Speaker 1: Maybe what's canto bite?
Speaker 2: Canto Bite is a planet where a se casino on a plane, where Thin and Rose ride some crazy ass horse like cats and.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember that? Is that last Jedi?
Speaker 2: Correct? Yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Remember being like when I watched that, going what the hell is this so stupid?
Speaker 5: Why is everybody wearing tuxes? It's an alien planet where all of a sudden there's these European conventions.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a casino, but everybody got on the tux aliens.
Speaker 4: Look at the can of worms. I've Openish.
Speaker 1: Talks is universal? Universal? Is right?
Speaker 2: I don't know, we've never seen a TUXI knowing Star Wars ever until can't they even got the rows and ship and this ship come on?
Speaker 1: But all Right're gonna take quick break, and when we come back. I want to ask you guys about that new Star Wars trailer I've.
Speaker 2: Been we're doing this, We'll be right, We're gonna be right back.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, audience. I'm gonna keep I'm gonna make them keep it brief and to get into I'm what you're trying to do? All right? What is this new show? I heard? I heard the trailer is very popular, like Goodlight, Goodlight. I think it's just Acolyte.
Speaker 2: There's no Accoltell's it Acolyte Goodlight?
Speaker 1: What's the Acolyte?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Donald?
Speaker 1: Do you want to take this one and brief? Please? We don't need a whole we don't we need the cliff notes.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 2: This takes place. So I've been shipping on this little thing called the High Republic, and everybody's like, no, it's fucking really good Star Wars Man. You should get into it at Stars. And it takes place apparently we're supposed to take place a thousand years, but this takes place like one hundred years before the events.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a long raine. This is toward the end of.
Speaker 2: That era, right, But this takes place one hundred years before the Phantom Menace, and so the characters that are in, the characters that could possibly be in it, are like out of this world anyway. This is the right of the Sith under the Jedi's noses and them not knowing. So all of these people in this in this show that you're watching, all these people gotta die. All of them gotta die, all of them gotta die. I don't know. But just for one line in the Phantom Menace alone, they all got to die. That's impossible. The Sith have been extinct for over a thousand years. Just for that alone, they all gotta die.
Speaker 1: Something tells me there's going to be some syths that weren't accounted for.
Speaker 2: No, they're talking. I'm not talking about the Siths that gotta die. All the Jedi that encounter said Acolyte.
Speaker 1: Said gotta die, all right, And there's no said Acolyte. There's no there's no other famous actors we know that are in it or is all new?
Speaker 4: Folks, I'm on the Stenberg, isn't it. She's fabulous. You might know her from me, Yeah, she's she's a fabulous actress. Also, the girl from the movie The Matrix yes, yes, Carrie on Moss is also in this movie, and she's fabulous and we're very excited. But the girl from Wolverine who played X twenty three, who was really great, Logan, that's the movie.
Speaker 2: She's out.
Speaker 4: Yeah she plays the alien with the little horns on her head.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did not know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's like a lead character too. I'm really excited. We haven't seen her for like seventy years.
Speaker 2: Die, Okay, she's okay, we'll see.
Speaker 1: I will listen. I heard the trailer broke broke some sort of internet interweb record.
Speaker 2: No Star Wars trailer has been viewed this many times ever.
Speaker 4: It looks really bomb. It's interesting because they've decided to use martial arts as a central starting point for the fights, as opposed to before you're more into sword fighting, like a classic fencing style of sword fighting, and then they moved to broad swords in the new movies. But this is all martial arts based and it looks killer. That's look amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Like all of the geeks for the High Republic are really losing their mind because in the trailer they show this wookie who uh, the gentleman who played Chewbacca in the original or not an original, but in the sequel trilogies, uh is playing this Wookie Jedi and it's rare. We haven't seen that in live action before, and so people are really excited about that. There are a lot of really.
Speaker 1: Clear excited to see the guy in the Chewbacca suit.
Speaker 4: There's I see him play a different type of Wookie. We've never a Wookie Jedi is extremely.
Speaker 2: Rare, and we get I don't think I think there's two versions of three versions of it that I know. There was one in a novel back in the day that I read with the kids of Hans Solo and Princess Leah. They were best friends with this Wookie who was a Jedi. And then in the Clone Wars and stuff, there was this there was Yeah, there was a Padawan Wookie. Are not that we're aware, we're aware of you joke around, but I'd like to see that ship. I'd like to see a Jawa Jedi. I actually like to see a Jawa Jedi and e Walk Jedi. Things that are considered primitive, I would love to see once they're enhanced by the Force, what they become.
Speaker 1: What about Java, a Java Jedi.
Speaker 2: That'd be interesting because he wouldn't know he was a Jedi until after he Jedi mind tricks don't work on huts and things like that, you know. I mean, like just one day he was just choke. I want to choke you, and he would just choke somebody. He wouldn't be a Jedi, he'd be a no, I can't last.
Speaker 1: I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: Jedi. That could never be. A h could never be.
Speaker 1: And that's how the conversation ended. There could never be a Hut Jedi.
Speaker 2: That's a good The more you know there could never be a Hut Jedi.
Speaker 1: More you know, the more you know, Joelle, we're going to start having guests on more than now. We are not doing episodes. And I asked Joelle if she would find someone who would talk to us about open relationships and marriages. Joelle, have you found an expert on that at all?
Speaker 4: We're still looking around, still poking around.
Speaker 1: For well, this is a very hot topic issue.
Speaker 2: Why is this a hot topic issue nowadays?
Speaker 1: I'm just something that people are talking about. I've seen many articles around about some people shaking it up and trying open relationships and open marriages, and I thought it would be an interesting topic. Since our sex therapist was so popular and our other therapy related guests were so interesting. I thought it might be a good topic for our listeners, and Joelle's going to find an expert.
Speaker 2: I am. I'm interested in hearing what they have to say. But as the only on the panel, No, Daniel's married to Now, oh that's right. I forgot Daniel's married. Daniel. Your relationship isn't open?
Speaker 1: Is it correct?
Speaker 3: It's not right?
Speaker 1: Okay, but we're not We're not asking. We're not asking whether it's for you or not. We just want to have the conversation about people that are into it, just out of curiosity.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 2: We're not My relationship isn't open.
Speaker 1: No, we know, we know. We're not asking. This is We're not trying to enroll you. I just thought the topic.
Speaker 2: Could be I don't want to be in a lifestyle, he said, in case case is listening my marriage not?
Speaker 1: All right? Ready, let's go on. Donald back to the TV show Scrubs. The last state that we hear them seeing is about Wyoming, and I laughed when Sam says, no Jews to be Shaloami. It's funny rhyme. So Kelso offers them a night on the town. He charmed by them, and he says, I'm taking you out ted if you're leaving. He's flirting, of course inappropriately with Gooch, but he says, I'm taking you out on the town because we all know that Cole is throwing a big party. And then the security guards from the hospital are now they're now the bouncers.
Speaker 2: At the bar. Do it? I could have skipped it.
Speaker 1: We have to talk about how that they are now. They also work as the bouncers at the local bar to pick up extra money. And in addition to that, what's the thing they have? Oh, salsa? They make salsa.
Speaker 4: They were the gig economy before the gig economy caught here, which I can sort of respect. I just wish they were funnier.
Speaker 1: They have lots of hustles. Yes, is that what it means to be a part of the gig economy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have a lot of side hustles.
Speaker 1: Right, well, they do. Lucy is assigned to interview the great Paul Dooley, legendary character actor, and I remember Paul Dowley being there and being excited. There's a movie that was very important to my brother, and also a movie that I loved called Breaking Away, which I highly recommend to you. Paul Dewley has been in so many movies, but he was the father in that movie and it was really really what's the movie about, Zach. It's about teenagers and growing up in a small town and one of the young boys becomes a really incredible cyclist, and he's it's a small town and they don't do anything, and he's trying to break away from small town life by being a competitive champion cyclist and it's really beautiful. I recommend it.
Speaker 2: He was also the dad in one of my favorite movies of all times, sixteen Candles.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course, sixteen Candles legend legendary movie. So JD's at the bar and we know that he doesn't like beer, but he does drink for eight years, he drinks apple Teeni's they make him feel fancy. I don't know why he's doing shots of soda weird, But the funniest part of the episode, I think we can all agree the funniest part of the episode is us dancing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I cracked out, He's.
Speaker 1: Cracked out in those outfits and then easily. You say that we're letting them know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I laughed. That was I laughed very hard at that.
Speaker 1: Ken Winningham, our amazing director, has a cameo around thirteen twenty five. You first see.
Speaker 3: Him as talking to Cole.
Speaker 1: Cole right, and Cox calls him a jackass, I believe. And then Cox asked Cole to name who the five lamest people. This was so random, but Cox asks Cold to naming the five lamest people in the bar. Yeah, because he's trying to tell us that we're the big losers. You're old. Stop trying to be young and silly. Grow up your old men now or older men now. And Cole doesn't name us, he names several other people, including Winning.
Speaker 2: The joke is that it's Cox, some other dude ted, Yeah, Cox ted some dude that he saw in the bathroom that.
Speaker 1: I was a security guard. That was the white security guard. He stored his his junk, he said.
Speaker 2: And then the other dude, which was Ken Whittingham, who has a weird wiener and.
Speaker 1: He only knows about the weird wiener because the white security guard told him about said weird wiener. Yes, it was nice of Ken as the director of the show, to say, I'll volunteer to be the guy with him. I thought he probably didn't want to go through the process of casting someone and be like, hey, your part is that you have just your only thing, you do a line. The only thing is that you fucked up, dick. He's like, he's like, I'll take one. I'll take one. I'll take one for the team and do a cameo. Then we do our Brazilian fight dancing, which is just chef's kiss. Do you remember if they showed us Brazilian fight dancing so we could at least reference it because we do like these moves. I don't know.
Speaker 2: There was definitely a choreographer there for this. There was, yeah, for sure, and a stunt man.
Speaker 1: Well I kicked I kick you in the face.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's a flashback and we're doing the ham on no gila. We're doing the you know, the chair dance that the Jews do at a wedding or a bar. It's for at a celebration.
Speaker 7: Is no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 4: And not to go so hard, but it does, it goes.
Speaker 1: It needs a remix.
Speaker 2: To this ship to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this d you should you should drop a half on the remix? There already is one. Really play a half on the remix for us. I will pull it up for you right now. I think it's old enough to have the rights gone, to have Neguila biblical?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta it's that. What's the b pm fast? I think it's it's like, let's here, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh oh man, I gotta he got the trumpet.
Speaker 1: We need to drop the bat Hey the idea? Hey, it is extremely loud?
Speaker 2: What does this song mean? Does anybody know what the song means?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 3: I should?
Speaker 1: I don't know and I should both know. We don't know. We've been hearing in our whole lives. It's a celebration song. And you pick a celebration. It's a celebration, and you pick people up in a chair and you and you bounce them up and down. And if you have a bad back, when they start pulling out that chair, you want to make sure you're nowhere near the situation because they will enlist you.
Speaker 2: Really, is it's like that. It's not. There's not like assigned people. You have to come, you have to come, you have to come in.
Speaker 1: You have to come because we know what happens is what happens is they bring if it's a bar mitso boy, it's fine, odds are he or she is light. But you get to the wedding party and the father, the father, the groom, the bride, they're not They're not all going to be easy to lift in a chair, and you better have strength. So what you want to do when you start hearing that song is tiptoe to the back of the dance floor.
Speaker 4: To Wikipedia, how nikkila means let us rejoice, and it was written in nineteen eighteen.
Speaker 1: There you go. It's not biblical. Let us rejoice, let us rejoel always.
Speaker 8: We gotta rejol always, we rejoice in hall On.
Speaker 1: Get up a fucking chair. We're gone upel chair, We're.
Speaker 8: Gonejoy Throw this motherfucker in the air, in the air, this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Throw them in the fucking there.
Speaker 8: Don't drop them, don't drop them, fucking rejoyce perfect, don't drop down, don't drop them.
Speaker 1: Rejoyce.
Speaker 2: They gotta remix that now.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that fucking Brazilian fight dancing was amazing.
Speaker 2: And then you kick me in the face and we gotta go to the house.
Speaker 1: And you need stitches and uh. Then Ted goes off on cal So, understandably because Kelso was drunk and all he gives him is a handshake, and Ted's like, what the hell give me more than that. I did find it funny to call back the coal is afraid of bread when you see him. When you see him in the second time, he's eating his sandwich through the floor. There was a War Buddies fantasy.
Speaker 2: I don't know that wasn't a fantasy. That was real. Oh we talked about them and.
Speaker 1: The no they cut to them like and then and then the War Buddies, as we said earlier, just show up a little bit too easily. That was bizarre.
Speaker 2: And then I lost my ship man and this was the best part of the show for me. And I got really emotional, you know what I mean. And the way they said goodbye to Sam, this is the last time Sam was and he walks off into white light.
Speaker 1: I know, like that was deep.
Speaker 2: It was like holy cow, like you know, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: That was obviously they didn't intend to do that, but I mean with meaning, but now he walks off into white lights. It was very powerful. It says here in scrubs WICKI he takes the bust that was gifted to him by Kelso in My Five Stages. It's similar to how doctor Kelso took his portrait in My Dumb Luck and the Coffee Bucks table in My Finale. Sam Lloyd was not, however, allowed to keep the bust they found out, dude. Also, interestingly, this is the last episode of Scrubs ever to feature Manly Henry Snoop Dogg attending Wow. The last time you see him featured wise is wishing farewell to Ted. However, even though uncredited, he does appear once more in Our White Coats in the background after Cole is locked in the broom closet. But this is the last time he's featured in a shot.
Speaker 3: It's Snoop Dogg attending well.
Speaker 2: I mean it was auto OG's net when he leaves.
Speaker 1: Was it was Rob there? I don't know if Rob forgot who was there. I went good by so quickly, it went.
Speaker 2: Really fast, But it was I saw Colonel Doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Colonel Doctor is doing a lot of fucking getting a lot of steps in on these episodes. He's everywhere. I see him in every shot, and that's the episode Gooch plays them out, so Joelle do you have some some some some hot takes for us.
Speaker 4: We have one hot take.
Speaker 1: All right, We're to take a quick break when we come back around a hot take about Scrubs. This is a nine episode four.
Speaker 2: Will be right.
Speaker 8: Back and we're bye.
Speaker 2: Were Tank forever? Who Tank forever?
Speaker 1: All right? Here we go here to Here is a positive.
Speaker 6: You honor me, you honor you honor me.
Speaker 1: Here is a positive take on Scrubs nine oh.
Speaker 2: Four Socrates Philosophies.
Speaker 6: Guys, it's smarting from the UK Rainy Chiltern Hills episode four. It's really good. In rewatching it, I've realized quite how dense it is, and so if I did miss anything, please forgive me. But it's you know, the basic premise is that the four guys have got to get these sort of exit interviews from the terminal patients, which is going to end up being a team building exercise, but it gives JD an absolutely brilliant sort of opportunity to reference my last words and stake night, which you know, obviously is going to bring up a bit of nostalgia.
Speaker 2: But it's.
Speaker 6: Really well sort of plotted and sort of sketched out to get the guys to work together, which also sort of kind of starts Cole's transition in season nine from you know, selfish entitled douchebag to ever so slightly less selfish and title and Dave Franco plays it so well. If I had to write down that, he delivers a line which you know, it's a line that I would happily use in day to day life, but nuts to butts in that piece, big ol' angle dangle. I mean, it's just absolutely nonsense but so well delivered. It's it's it's really good. But yeah, bulletpoint in this this this episode down is actually quite difficult because there is so much going on, but you obviously got Cox, you know, calling out Turkey j D is being pathetic for their broper loser and eventually getting them to U go to the party dressed as a cowboy in Indian and doing their capoero dance off, which is worth the price of admission alone. It's I think obviously for me, the big big thing about this episode is is Ted Gooch and Kelso it's it was funny rewatching it, you know, knowing now that that Samd's no longer with us, that as soon as as Ted is there, it had it really it sort of hit quite emotionally. Actually, I was getting a bit, you know, sweaty eyed about that thing. But the little sort of like interplays between Ted and Gooch and Kelso have always been brilliant and I've always been you know, you know, Scrubs at its best is when the peripheral characters I'd say peripheral should being unfair, but they can just play off of each other so well that it's almost effortless. It's it's beautifully written, it's beautifully acted. I think Ted and Kelso's sort of goodbye is great because, you know, Ted calls Kelso out for saying, you know, I deserve more than just a handshake, and in the end all he does care is a handshake, but really sincere and subtle but beautifully paid.
Speaker 2: You know, goodbye.
Speaker 6: I'm going to miss you. And yeah, my takeaway from the episode was that that you know, knowing what we know now, was was you know, very very emotional, but it was It's a great episode. It really really enjoyed it, and so, you know, thanks you guys for you know, delivering this this this great show. It's and season nine. I'm really glad to have gone back and looked at it because I think I feel like I've, you know, unearthed something that I maybe wouldn't have done if you guys had not sort of decided to include it on the show. So thank you so much for the opportunity. Thanks to Zack and Donald for what you do, and Joelle, you know, for putting it all together. It's it's great and just another quick thing. It might be me. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure in the opening titles, if Zach is in it, JD is the one putting up the the X ray on the on the light box. But if he's not in it, it's not him.
Speaker 2: I might be right.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Cheers, guys, Thanks a lot, keep up the good work.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sitting in the Daniel he does Daniel, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, Daniel doesn't really register in Martin's mind. That's okay. No offense to Daniel. That was really good. That was really well said, though, and thank you Martin for all the kind words. I think he's right. We haven't gotten to non JD episodes, but I know I remember that we shot that title sequence two ways, and I believe when it's when I'm gone. Lucy's the one who puts up the X ray at the end. Yeah, he said a lot of things we agree with, except he absolutely adored it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I agree with that, but yeah, I don't agree with the absolutely adoring it. He just named the few bullet points that we were able to name that were great about the show. He didn't really name. He didn't really put story into it.
Speaker 1: I'm asking them to summarize it.
Speaker 6: I do say.
Speaker 2: That's that's what's lacking about all of some of these hate it or love it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Are you calling for more criticism of story and our voicemails?
Speaker 2: No, not necessarily that it's it's just like everybody who likes it so far is just like the nostalgia of it is great, and that's just proving our point. They're not necessarily saying what's great about the show. They're just saying, I love the nostalgia part. I love the nostalgie.
Speaker 1: I think we need to have Tamika back and have her do everything.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I agree with you one hundred percent on that one. She actually and not not to say that this gentleman didn't do a great job.
Speaker 4: He was very articulate, and he lies in the rtaintop all day.
Speaker 1: He might just be English. You don't know if he's articulate, no doubt, no doubt, But don't let him fool you. Donald effortlessly.
Speaker 2: I appreciate him calling. But what's her name? What's her name?
Speaker 3: Toka?
Speaker 2: Yeah she did. She goes deep, deep, deep, deep deep into it in the words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, will you tell Tamika if you don't mind, Joelle that she was so good that we kind of want to change the segment to a new caller comments pro or negative, and then we hear from Tamika.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 1: All right? That's our show. Donald. I bet there's a sitcom you want to tell everyone about.
Speaker 2: I spoke about it earlier, but no.
Speaker 1: We need to hear more because you're wearing a green shirt.
Speaker 9: I would like to talk about this movie called French Girl, Go ahead Girl. It stars the lovely Vanessa Hutchins, Yes, and a very very enthusiastic Zach bra Yeah.
Speaker 1: Enthusiastic is right. It's really fun. You'll love it. It's wherever you get your movies on vod Amazon, Apple, wherever you wherever you buy or rent movie you can find French Girl please check it out. And Donald is in uh, what's it called again? Extended family, Extended family, legendary, John Cryer and Abigail Spencer. All right, that's our show. We love you guys, Thank you as always for checking in with us and listening to us. Babbel.
Speaker 8: Donald kind of sound stories about show we.
Speaker 1: Made about a bunch of talks and nurses, he said.
Speaker 2: He's the stories nets.
Speaker 1: No, so yanda here yead here.
Speaker 3: Show is