Speaker 1: All right, before we get into the big stories of the day, I just have to say I got to see one of the coolest things I've ever gotten to see in my entire life, and that was this eclipse. Oh my goodness, if you didn't get to see it, you better not miss another one. I don't even know how many years it is until there's this again, but I have to tell you this was amazing. And in fact, my producer, who's geeking out over this deer has just said it's going to be in in twenty sixty one, the next time we're going to have a chance to see what I just got to see.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 1: I had the just amazing experience of traveling to Kurrville, Texas. Now, Curveville, Texas is the same spot that NASA went to basically broadcast and record this eclipse. Why because it was going to be the total darkness and the longest period of darkness anywhere in the United States of America. Now I got invited to come to Curveville to experience this, and I just have to tell you it was mind blowing to be middle of the afternoon, lunchtime with my kids, my family and get to watch this with their cousins and all of a sudden, I mean, you're now let me explain.
Speaker 2: This to you, just because it was so cool.
Speaker 1: Kerrville is like an hour and twenty minutes outside San Antonio. When I say it's total darkness at night, it is you can't see a foot in front of you when you walk away from the house. It is there's zero ambient lighting from any city. There is nothing there. There's no radio towers you can see, or blinking lights on anything. It is total wilderness style darkness. It is incredible. It is amazing place by the way, if there's a full moon or to see the stars, but to be there in the middle of the day with no one else around on a ranch and get to watch this was just truly phenomenal. It also, and I just say, one of the coolest things about this is is is getting to watch your kids see it and they'll remember it, and you know, it's a core memory and they're going to see it and remember it.
Speaker 2: For the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: And that for me as a dad, getting to watch them be so excited getting there a few days early, getting in the excitement, the anticipation, and you can explain it to them.
Speaker 2: My kid are younger.
Speaker 1: I've got twins or five and a seven year old, and you can talk to them about what they're going to see, but until they experience it in the middle of the afternoon, there was nothing that I could say or my wife could say to them that was going to give them, I think, preparation for the moment that was about to happen. And it was this moment of like, are we okay? Is everything okay? Yes, everything is okay. Oh my gosh, what's happening? And it also just reminded me going back and I can't imagine. We know a lot more now, right. We have technology, we have the internet, we can we know when these things are going to happen.
Speaker 2: There's fore warning.
Speaker 1: But I if you ever watched eighteen eighty three on TV or any older movies about America and the Trail of Tears, or traveling or just living out on a prairie or in Kerville, where I mean we find I mean, for goodness sakes, I'm not exaggerated.
Speaker 2: I say this.
Speaker 1: We go arrowhead hunting when we're in Currville, So this is like total weird wilderness. And the thought I kept having when I was watching this was Can you imagine how much you would be freaking out if this happened when you didn't know it was going to happen, Like can you imagine working on the farm or traveling by horse and buggy or i should say covered canopy wagon and all of a sudden, or even you're in a big city like in New York City back in the early days when this happened, or wherever it would be in the country where the path was and all of a sudden, to just anywhere in the world where this has happened before, without there being warning, without you knowing this was a thing, without you knowing this a possibility, you would think the world was ending. You would think it was like the end of the world for those minutes, and then think about, Okay, we didn't just die. Is it gonna happen again tomorrow? And is it gonna happen for longer? Or let's take it a step further. Is this gonna happen and and and it will We won't have daylight for the majority of the time. I mean, your mind would be racing, wondering what just happened. And then I'm not sure if it makes it better or worse, and it would only happen once in your lifetime, probably right, because you would be sitting there, especially with life expectancy back then, it would be one time in your life. And I'm wondering if you'd be like, you know, every day for the next six weeks, six months, year, two years ago.
Speaker 2: Man, I wonder if that's gonna happen again. I wonder if that's gonna happen again. What was it? What just happened? How did that happen?
Speaker 1: And just the thought process of that was when I was watching this clip was truly I think, mind blowing because you're prepared and it still blows your mind, rocks your world, however you want to describe it. Watching kids see it who can't get their head around it yet was even more of a magical moment. But going back one hundred and fifty years, two hundred years, five hundred years, whatever you want number of years back and having this happen while you're in the middle of a normal day, I cannot imagine you would be probably thinking, all right, well, I'm going to heaven.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: This is the end of the world, and it's all ending right now in the middle of the afternoon and everything's gone to you know what, and I'm done like that, There's a part of me that things that had to be was like I was talking to die as my producer about this, and where he was it wasn't totally total, you know, full eclipse, like where I was in Curvily.
Speaker 2: It was in Arkansas.
Speaker 1: But even then, I'm like, dude, can you imagine can you imagine one hundred years ago, one hundred and fifty two hundre years ago, if that happened in a normal day what you would have been thinking? And he said the same thing. Couldn't imagine it. So I just want to give you that perspective. It also just reminded me how amazing it is that we have and if you listen to show you know, I am a believer. I believe in God, and there was something very spiritual about this moment as well, because it's like, what an awesome God to be able to do things like this and you have these days are normal, normal, But to me it's just like a reminder but yeah, hey, guess what, I'm still in charge and can do amazing things like this. That was my takeaway from it, and That's what I also told my kids as well. I was like, this is the magic, and I hate using the word magic because somebody's going to criticize me for that, so let me rephrase it. This is the in my opinion, I think, the glory of God's creation and how incredible it is what he did to create this world, and it's just a glimpse of what he can do as a creator. And I love that aspect of this. So I hope you got to be a part of it. I hope you got to see it, and it was truly amazing. Let me tell you quickly about my friends over at Ammo's Squared.
Speaker 2: If you are like me and you want to make sure that you have.
Speaker 1: AMMO no matter what happens in the world, no matter what happens in the with pricing, no matter what happens where they run on ammunition. We all witness this during COVID. Ammo's Square is there to help you stay stocked up on ammunition automatically at rock bottom pricing. AMMO is actually delivered to you on demand or automatically when you need it, and they store your AMMO as it stocks up for free when you don't found it more than eight years ago in the freedom loving state of Idahomo squared is truly automated.
Speaker 2: Set it, forget it, AMO purchasing.
Speaker 1: You can look at it like an investment account if you want to, or a retirement account and you can keep that AMO growing for a rainy day, or you can sell it back if price is surge and you don't need it all. You pick your caliber, you set your budget, you slept a shipping trigger, and that's it. AMMO builds up and is delivered when you decide you want it. Over sixty different calibers that choose from ammo squared is there to help you smooth out the rough spots of ammunition availability. It is literally like ANMO four one k Ormo savings account. Save up AMO for that rainy day, or store it when the shelves go empty, or sell it back.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want to do. It's up to you and it's easy.
Speaker 1: Go to amosquared dot com slash ben ammosquared dot com slash ben to sign up, and on top of that, you're gonna get free AMO in your account today. Amosquared dot com slash ben to sign up and get free AMO in your account today. Now let's get into some of the big news that day, and it's going to deal with the economy. There is some problems with our economy right now. Everybody knows that the problem now is in Swing state voters. There is even a bigger problem. Now we're being told for Joe Biden, take a listen to this.
Speaker 3: The poll also finds negative perceptions about the economy do remain a problem for the incumbent. Sixty three percent of Swing state voters say the US economy is in not so good or poor condition, while it's just thirty six percent say it's an excellent or good condition.
Speaker 1: You listen to that number. Sixty three percent of Swing state voters say that the economy is not so good and or poor, only thirty six percent described as excellent or good. And we know who those people are. Those are hardcore liberal Democrats who refuse to admit that the economy is hurting right now, and so therefore what they're saying is I'm sticking with my guy. That thirty six percent is almost exactly the correlation between those that give a good approval rating of Joe Biden, which means the president is upside down on this now, Ralph Norman went on Fox News and said this about the economy right now, as Joe Biden has a new tax plan and he says it will have tremendous impact on the economy, saying he's deliberately derailing our economy with this new Biden budget that they're also saying will kill eight hundred and seventy seven thousand new jobs. The Tax Foundation warning this would have catastrophic consequences for our economy.
Speaker 2: Listen, kind to assess.
Speaker 4: The president's tax plans.
Speaker 2: He's telling us what another four years would look like. What's the impact, Well, it's.
Speaker 5: Going to be a tremendous impact, Marioll at every sectors of the economy. You know, in South Carolina, we are a growth state. We have businesses movement here. But what he's doing is is pretty much derailing this economy. And he's done it the three and a half years has been in office. You know, in capital gains of twenty eight percent, the regulations that he's putting on businesses. We can't take it anymore. And so this is a real Mike Johnson is going to have a big decision to make in the next five to six months. Is he going to let the Democrats continue this, but we're going to stand up and fight. And I hope we're going to fight.
Speaker 1: Well, that's I hope we're going to fight, he says there, and he's right about that. Now, let's talk about this budget for a second, so that you understand this budget. This budget that the President has put forward is a seven point two trillion dollar budget. Seven point two trillion dollar budget. It is a budget that will break this country. The Tax Foundation said Biden's budget cuts wages by one point six percent as well. That's another one of their concerns. And they also said this about the budget, saying, not only does it do that, but they said Biden's budget, on top of that one point six percent loss, will also have this.
Speaker 2: Catastrophic effect on our economy.
Speaker 1: And that is the fact that with this budget, they believe that the majority of Americans will actually be losing a massive amount of their income to new at taxes. In fact, they say it will reduce the economic output by two point two percent. And that's exactly why you heard that warning from the House Budget Committee Congressman Ralph Norman from South Carolina. He's telling you what this president is going to do and what four more years looks like. So if you think things are bad now, right, we go back to the stat that I just gave you a moment ago. Sixty three percent of voters in swing states now say that the economy is either in poor shape or not so good of shape.
Speaker 2: That is significant, kitt.
Speaker 1: And then you have a congressman coming out saying, look, I'm on the budget committee, this is what the President's budget is. This will be the biggest increase we've ever seen in taxes in this country. It's going to hurt the American worker like you've never seen before. Now, look the President of United States of America, he keeps coming out and lying to you. This is what he had to say this last week about the economy, trying to Jedi mind trick you that everything's actually fine when it's a disaster. You know.
Speaker 2: But mister President, I'm feeling I'm feeling. You know, my buck isn't going as far.
Speaker 6: What do you say to those folks about the economy and what's going on. Well, I say, we have the best economy in the world. We've got to make it better. We really do have the best economy in the world. Jobs are up, more than they've ever been. We're in a situation where the lowest unemployment rate in fifty years is maintained.
Speaker 2: We have people who just but people who look I.
Speaker 6: Think we're going to find out that what happened is a consequence of the crisis we had on health is have a lasting effect to.
Speaker 2: Get people to move in. And we're ready.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think the country's ready to come together in a way that I mean not necessarily.
Speaker 2: I'm truly optimistic. Now.
Speaker 1: Our rokers giving easy questions the president. That's what the Today's show does, right, They coddle him and they caddle him because that's what they do. But Biden, you could hear there, his brain just shut down and went to coronavirus during this rambling answer defending the economy, saying we have the best economy in the world.
Speaker 2: That's a lie, we do not.
Speaker 1: And he's sitting there and then he goes into coronavirus and everybody's like, what are you talking about? Now, that's the guy who's in charge of this country right now. In theory, I think the people behind him at the White House are actually running the country. But they can convince him, I think of anything so if they say, hey, we need a seven point two trillion dollar budget, he says okay, because he doesn't know what's actually happening. There is a lot going on with our economy right now, and it's not just financially. It's also the strain that is being put on our economy when it comes to legal immigrants coming across the southern border, and it is making the prices of not just goods and services skyrocket, but mostly where people are feeling it the most is in home prices.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: A couple of days ago I talked about this warning with you that Americans now need more annual salary than at any other time in the history of this nation to a ford to afford a medium price home.
Speaker 2: How much is it up? A staggering amount?
Speaker 1: All right, Before I continue with this, I want to tell you about my friends over at Freedom Gold. And if you are like me and you are worried about your financial future and protecting your hard earned dollars, you need to do what so many are doing around the world, and that is turning to gold and silver as a hedge against inflation and the much higher consumer prices we're dealing with right now. You need a financial plan that ensures that you the money you save today will be enough for you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And that's where gold and silver come in.
Speaker 1: Gold and silver have historically been amazing hedges against inflation and a great way to protect your hard earned retirement funds. And when it comes to buying gold and silver, you need a trusted partner.
Speaker 2: You need Freedom Gold USA. Let me tell you why.
Speaker 1: On average they charge twenty five to thirty percent less than most major gold and silver firms.
Speaker 2: What does that mean.
Speaker 1: It means you could literally get twenty five to thirty percent more gold or silver when buying from Freedom Gold over their competitors, just by picking a partner that you can trust. Freedom Gold USA is all about educating their clients on how to invest in precious metals and that's why I use them, and this is why I want you to call them. So take control of your financial future now. And no matter what happens the world, no matter what happens with banking, no matter what happens with hackers, if you have real tangible assets gold and silver, you know you are protected one eight hundred six ' FIY five eight eight four three. Take control your financial future now. Visit Freedomgoldusa dot com slash Ben.
Speaker 2: That's freedom goold.
Speaker 1: Usa dot com slash Ben or call them one a hundred sixty fifty five eight eight four three freedom goold Usa dot Comtom Benferguson sent you. All right, let's get back to what I was talking about a second ago with home prices and how bad it is in this country. Now this came out a couple of days ago. Did Americans now need an annual salary of more than one hundred and ten thousand dollars to afford a median price home? Now, it's not just it's one hundred and ten. I want you to understand what it was back in twenty twenty. So this is four years ago. It was just seventy five thousand. So you're gonna have to make basically forty thousand dollars more to afford the same home that you could afford in twenty twenty when Donald Trump was leaving office. Now, to put into even more perspective, Jerry Willis Fox Business, dear friend of mine, gave the report just to give you even more perspective. Listen carefully, because then I have more information about what this is doing to younger home buyers listen, The.
Speaker 4: Average home buyer needs to make over one hundred and ten thousand dollars to afford the average home. A new bank Rate study showing that the required salary to make that purchase has jumped forty six percent in just four years.
Speaker 1: Now, let me just hit pause there and ask you this question. How many of you listening have had your salary increase by forty six percent over the last four years? Forty six percent. Now, I know people have gotten raises, Okay, I saw a lot of people get raises. I gave raises over the last four years, especially when you're trying to get people to work during COVID and things changed. But I don't know anybody that got a forty per six percent raise on average. Now, there's some that did, right like, I'm sure there's some of the other listening right now that you've got a promotion or you went to work for yourself and things are going well right now and you're making forty six percent more than you were in twenty twenty. But I'm asking for a whole of the country. How many average workers that work nine to five jobs, that don't own their own business, that are working for someone else got a forty six percent raise in the last four years. That doesn't happen for the average American. It can happen for maybe one percent, two percent, three percent. I don't know what the number is, but it's not the majority of Americans. And you would need ninety percent of Americans to average a forty six percent increase in their salary over the last four years. Now here's the other part that you need to understand. If you look at the average salary to ford a medium home in this country, back in twenty twenty, it was seventy five, nine hundred and thirty nine dollars. That's what you need to make a year to be a homeowner, and a median priced home in January of this year, you need one hundred and ten thousand, eight hundred and seventy one dollars to afford the same home. Now, let's look at home prices. Okay, so not only do you need to make forty six percent more to move into that house, but the average home price is up now forty two percent. So what is a median This is middle of the road home. This is kind of home ownership for you and a family, maybe one kid, possibly two all right, like is your is you're growing? This is the middle of the road medium priced home. Do you know what the number is now in this country? It will now cost you over four hundred thousand dollars to own that home. Now that used to be a dream home in the past, not anymore. That's medium. So so it costs now more than ever just to get an average house. And it cost you a salary that had to got forty six percent since twenty twenty to get that average house. Keep listening to what Jerry Willis says.
Speaker 4: Home buyers only needed to make seventy six thousand back in twenty twenty, and the issue widespread. You now need a six figure salary to buy the average home in twenty three states, including the District of Columbia. Four years ago, that number was just six mortgage rates.
Speaker 2: Of course, better thay, it's just stop there and dissect that.
Speaker 1: In January of twenty twenty, there were only six states in America where you need a six figure salary meaning one hundred thousand and one dollars, okay, to afford a medium home. So the majority of America, Okay, look at the map. Only six states did you have to make one hundred thousand and one dollars or more to afford a medium home price. That number has now skyrocketed from just six states to twenty three states in four years. That is catastrophic to our economy because what that means is is people are having to pour more money than ever before into the dream of homeownership, and that means they have less money for other things like goods and services and their kids in private school or whatever it may be, a car, as all the other prices of goods and services have also skyrocketed.
Speaker 2: That's not all.
Speaker 4: Mortgage rates, of course, have played a small role in the bump, but home prices have buy and large kept pace with a needed salary to buy them. They average home up forty two percent, sitting at four hundred and twelve thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Let me just put that into perspective.
Speaker 1: I mentioned a moment ago that it cost you four hundred and twelve two hundred and twenty seven dollars in February of twenty twenty four to afford a median home. Right now, do you know what that number was for the same exact damn home in January of twenty twenty two hundred ninety thousand, two hundred and sixty four dollars. Two hundred and ninety thousand dollars is what it cost you for the same home that would cost you today to buy for four hundred and twelve thousand change. That is a forty two percent increase. That is unsustainable. You cannot continue to have houses go up by forty two percent over a four year period indefinitely. And there's no way in hell that wages can keep up with that. Where you used to have to make seventy six thousand at for that home and now you've got to make one hundred and ten thousand plus just to get into an average home.
Speaker 2: That's not all. It gets worse now.
Speaker 4: Even though the housing market may be pricing people out, people shouldn't be too quick to think that renting is the solution. Since President Biden took office, rents are up nearly twenty one percent.
Speaker 1: So twenty one percent rents are up because you may say yourself, well, Ben, I'm just going to sit on the sidelines, right. I had a good friend they're renting the other day. They're renting for years, and they had a good deal on the rent. They liked the house, they'd made it their own. They probably should have bought the house or bought another house when interest rates were low, but they didn't, right because the rent was a good deal and they liked where they live and it felt like home.
Speaker 2: They got to.
Speaker 1: Notice February saying hey, you got sixty days to move out, and what they found was is that they now can't even afford the same house that they were renting because it costs so much money because rent rates have skyrocketed since they signed their lease with someone who basically figured it out. Like, that's what this really boils down to. They figured it out. The guy who has a house is going to do one of two things. Either he's going to raise the rent a lot, which I don't think that's what he's actually doing. I think he's saying, I'm gonna cash out because I feel like there's a bubble coming, Okay, Like I think that's what they're realizing, that there's a bubble.
Speaker 2: I want my money.
Speaker 1: If you've got a house, it's two hundred thousand dollars four years ago, and you can cash out now and you can put four hundred plus thousand in your pocket, you may say, let's do that and I'll get out of the rental game for a little bit and cash out for retirement. Just take the four hundred thousand and invest it because interest rates are up and you're now getting a lot more for that four hundred thousand dollars. If you invest it in basic money markets, you don't even have to take big risks. In fact, you could take extremely low risks. And this is hour we are in this country because of Bidenomics. You can also look to trends when it comes to the economy, and one trend that I want you to know about is where we are with gold prices. Gold right now, as I'm recording this is up almost two percent alone today at two thousand, two hundred ninety seven dollars and fifty cents an ounce. Why is gold up from I'll give example, if you go back to the beginning of October, it was about eighteen hundred dollars an ounce. Why to go from eighteen hundred to two thousand, two hundred and ninety seven hours One simple reason, because people are afraid of what's happening right now in this country. They're afraid of what's happening with our economy. They're afraid about what's happening with all of these basic issues that I just described. Now, here's another headline for you that I want to give you, And this is a little bit of a contradiction of the last headline that I had for you, but it's one that shows you how quick things even change. And I'm not saying for the better, I'm saying for the worse. Home buyers.
Speaker 2: Is the headline from Yahoo Finance. Home buyers need to.
Speaker 1: Earn eighty percent more than they did in twenty twenty to afford a home in today's market. So they're not referring to the medium home price anymore. They're saying just overall. Yahoo Finance and Wealth putting this out, saying, as US housing prices rise, is home ownership still even achievable? That is Yahoo Finance. Listen to what they said on their online show.
Speaker 7: Well, for many Americans, home ownership is seeming more and more out of reach. According to new analysis from Zillo, home prices have jumped forty two percent since twenty twenty, but the average person needs to earn eighty percent more than they did at that time in order to comfortably afford a home in today's market. So why are homes becoming less and less affordable. That's the big question here with the latest We've got our very own Molly moorehead Molly, what's going on here? And why is it so hard to be able to afford a home right now?
Speaker 1: Hey, Brad.
Speaker 8: So, in addition to that increase in home prices, which forty two percent is not nothing, inflation has been on the rise since the pandemic, and interest rates have followed, and so that means the cost of financing a home is so much more than it was four years ago. If you look at the average rate on a thirty year loan, in March of twenty twenty, it was three and a half percent. Today it's around six point eight, six point nine, And so it's this double whammie of higher home prices and higher financing costs.
Speaker 7: So what advice do you have for prospective home buyers out there right now?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well it's not easy. This is a tough market. But a couple of things you can do. Our number one watch the Fed. A lot of economists market watchers think that we still have three interest rate cuts potentially coming this year from the Federal Reserve and that will help the rate. You qualify for on if you apply for mortgage, and so if you're in a position where you can time your home purchase a little bit, you don't have to buy right now, then watch what happens more broadly with interest rates, because that can help you. Second would be negotiate agent commissions. This was not really in play until very recently with this settlement with the Realtors Association. There has long time been a kind of de facto six percent commission, but now all of that is negotiable. So go into your home purchase ready to negotiate your what your agent's going to get paid.
Speaker 1: So this is their advice. Yes, home pricing is out of control. You may hope, and you can hope that maybe prices come down. Okay, that's a possibility, is that home prices might might come down.
Speaker 2: Okay, just might come down.
Speaker 1: They're probably not, but they might, and you shouldn't negotiate with your real term what their commission is, and that might help you. Now you notice at the beginning of this they said, not only our home price up forty two percent since twenty twenty, They say that's because both rates and borrowing costs of skyrocket. Notice they don't blame the Biden administration's policies for this. They just act like, Oh, this is just some random thing that's happening, And I get that this is yahoo. They're liberal, all right. But what they did tell you the truth on was and they didn't go with medium price homes.
Speaker 2: They just were giving you the overall average.
Speaker 1: You need to earn eighty percent more to comfortably afford a home in today's market. Now, why they say comfortably afford If you want to be maxed out in your budget, it may be less.
Speaker 2: But if you want to.
Speaker 1: Enjoy and retire and save for retirement and have a balanced budget in your home, you literally need to earn eighty percent more to comfortably afford a home in this market than you did in twenty twenty. That is what this election is going to end up being about, my opinion. When media and home income have only risen twenty three percent over the last four years, leaving many people without the running for home ownership, they're saying, hey, most Americans aren't even a candidate now for home ownership, and the ones that are in the homes they're in right now, they're not leaving because the interest rates are so low. They couldn't afford to move even into maybe the same house they have right now if they went and bought the same exact home across the street because prices are out of control because of inflation and interest rates. In twenty twenty, a household earning fifty nine thousand dollars a year could afford a typical home price at about two hundred and forty grand. At the time, the income level was less than the US medium income of sixty six thousand, meaning more than half of American households had sufficient cash flow to not only purchase a home, but also to plan for retirement and save money. In other words, they were able to purch a home without overextending their budgets and being locked in a miserable cycle of hell every month coming up short or having to cut things. Today, those same people, just four years later that are shopping for a home, they need their income to go from fifty nine thousand a year to one hundred and six thousand dollars to afford the same exact home. Because the home price has gone, as I mentioned earlier, from two hundred and forty thousand to three hundred and forty two thousand. That means You've got to earn forty seven thousand dollars more than you needed to earn in twenty twenty to afford the same exact house, and that's well above today's average income of eighty one thousand dollars. Now, Zillo is more realistic than the other numbers I was giving you earlier. Zillo's analysis is just saying, hey, this is the truth. This is what's going to happen. And a point of concern is also this that the bank's saying is look barely. A handful of major metro areas evaluated were affordable for the majority of the people living there at the median income. The real estate firm defines affordability as spending no more than thirty percent of your income after offering a ten percent down payment, which, by the way, most people now don't have the ten percent down payment because that money has disappeared because the cost of goods and services and inflation. Now. A senior analyst at Zillo said it this way, incomes needed to purchase a home are just much much higher than the typical household income. The increase in cost is pricing out many families that will never get on the housing ladder and will never be able to start even in their starter home because of what we just described. And the fact is today's typical buyers would be facing a monthly mortgage payment that is ninety six percent higher compaired to twenty twenty levels, so virtually double what you were going to have to spend back then for the same home. So there is the government numbers and I gave you those earlier, and then there's the reality. And Zillo is saying, you need twice as much money now for a payment every month than you did in twenty twenty in four years. So that's twenty five percent increase a year. That's an average payment, by the way of two hundred dollars a month with a ten percent down payment just to get into what you would describe as basically a starter home.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: The main difference they say is yes, mortgage rates ended January of twenty twenty at three and a half percent, a little lower if you have good credit. So far this year the rates have hovered between six and a half to above seven, depending on your credit, but no less than six and a half. And this uptick has made not only the prices of goods and services go up, but if it is put, would be buyers in a spot where now they're basically saying, I can't afford it, so now I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna rent, all right.
Speaker 1: As always, please share our podcasts anywhere you are on social media. It helps other people find this show. Please write us a five star review that helps us as well, and we'll see you back here tomorrow