Speaker 1: One eight hundred Do ui away now offering free remote consultations by phone or video conference for any criminal offense. Trust Brook, Jeffrey and Jose's friends with a free remote consultation from Bradley Johnson Lawyers. Visit one eight hundred do ui away dot Com or call eight hundred do you y away.
Speaker 2: You guys seen the news lately? Yeah, sure, at least the news that I made up in my head. Oh no, channel, there's a larger than life caterpillar infestation and it's coming directly our way. So it's not cute. It's scary. Everyone who lives in a fifteen mile radius to warn them and let them know the city is taking care of it. I'm in their typical city way by making everything worse that we've got it under control. In your phone tap right now.
Speaker 1: It's another.
Speaker 2: On the twenties. Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Peters. Yeah, this is he Peter. I work at the City of My name is Max Girth.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, is everything Okay? Did I pay my bill?
Speaker 2: Bills are all up to date as far as I know. I'm the city arborousk oh okay, Yeah, I'm the guy who deals with trees deal with trees, right, Huh exactly. So I'm reaching out to everyone in your neighborhood today regarding the upcoming caterpillar season. Uh, okay, you're familiar.
Speaker 3: I mean I have to be honest, I'm not completely up to date on the caterpillar situation.
Speaker 2: I know we have you, Okay, It's all over the news right now. This year is supposed to be the worst season for caterpillar infestation. Okay, and your area, in particular where you live, is going to be a hotbed for those furry little.
Speaker 3: Things whoa language.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but it's warranted. You do not want to mess with those little pieces of delete your whole house down right to the studs.
Speaker 3: Wow, I guess I didn't understand the severity of this. So you're saying, you're saying.
Speaker 2: It's a huge, huge deal. So the city's trying to be more proactive about the whole thing. We're going to be in your neighborhood on let's see, on Thursday, to cut down most of your trees. Wait, what the only way to deal with these future little backards is to knock their homes down before they show up.
Speaker 3: You're not going to cut down my trees it's my property. You can't just come and cut down my trees.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, I guess technically you're right. I'll probably have one of my guys do it so it won't be me per se. No, but the trees are going down.
Speaker 3: You're not listening to me. You're not cutting down my trees. My family loves my trees. We have a swing hanging from one of my trees. My kids love. I love my trees. You're not cutting them down.
Speaker 2: Listen. You know what. The city twenty minutes up north from you, they had the same issue with caterpillars back in twenty fifteen, and you know what, happy You know many people still live there.
Speaker 3: Ah, I don't have the population are in front of me.
Speaker 2: I mean it is still a lot, technically more than before. But it was it was pretty bad. Wait wait, wait, they weren't happy about it.
Speaker 3: I'm confused exactly.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm in charge. I'm going to make the decisions, all right. Do you trust me?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: Do you trust the city at the moment, not really, because we've made great choices in the past.
Speaker 3: Oh do you ever at.
Speaker 2: The traffic roundabout that we put in.
Speaker 3: The one that took two years and blocked up traffic.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, did it take a long time? Was it two million dollars over budget? Sure? But it's cool. Now. Have you seen the fountain? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, what what does the fountain in the middle of the roundabout have to do with caterpillars in my trees?
Speaker 2: And it's proof that the city makes good decisions. Now, my question is I doubt that well start coming around. I want to know when is it best for us to deliver the cardboard trees.
Speaker 3: Like fake trees.
Speaker 2: We're going to make big cardboard cutouts so those little things they can nest.
Speaker 3: You're telling me that we are in the midst of an encroaching caterpillar invasion. You need to take my trees down and you're gonna put up faux, fake cardboard trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only the only way to beat the caterpillars is to punk them.
Speaker 3: Wait what to punk? What?
Speaker 2: They're gonna climb up to the very top and then boom, whole thing falls down? Catterpunk?
Speaker 3: Did you just say caterpunk?
Speaker 2: Caterpillars are very responsive to slapstick humor.
Speaker 3: That's just a weird thing for an arborist to say.
Speaker 2: I just is it a weird thing for a radio host to say, who's doing a prank phone call?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've never had a radio host call me into a You have had a radio host call you right now? Because my name is jeff from looking Jeffrey in the Morning. This is a phone tap, dude?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: It's a joke. Wait a minute, Yeah, dude, your sister Savannah set you up because she knew how upset you'd get if the city said they were going to mess with your trees, so she told us to mess with you.
Speaker 3: Are you allowed to say those foul words on the radio?
Speaker 2: Now? What do you mean foul words? Those are sentence enhancers?
Speaker 1: Wake Up?
Speaker 3: Every morning was fook taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.