Speaker 1: Damn, I ain't trying to be donkey today no more.
Speaker 2: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 1: They called donkey of the day and it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlomagne, who got the donkey out of.
Speaker 3: The day today?
Speaker 1: Well, donkey today for Tuesday, April knife goes to the good brother. Gerard called Michael my Carolina brethren, great guy. Okay, he's in North Carolina. I'm South Carolina. But today's lesson is about grace. This is a teachable moment. See yesterday we was on Breakfast Club and Jessa Larius was reporting and just with the mess uh you know, a conversation about Gerard Carmichael in a conversation he had about Dave Chappelle, and Carmichael called Dave.
Speaker 2: Chappelle an ego maniac. Okay.
Speaker 1: According to Gerard, he said Dave wanted to apologize publicly. He wanted Grada apologize publicly for criticizing his anti trans legacy. Yes, Gerard told us by a magazine that him and Dave had tension because Gerard criticized chappelle jokes about the transgender community. Girard says, Chappelle, do you know what comes up when you google your name? Bro?
Speaker 2: That's what called Michael you know?
Speaker 1: Asked during a GQ magazine and in view, referring to you know Dave's comments about trans people, he says, that's the legacy. Your legacy is a bunch of opinions on trans It's an odd hill to die on. And it's like, hey, bro, who the f are you? Who do you f what do you like to do? Because he says Dave doesn't get personal in his comedy, which I disagree with.
Speaker 2: Now I asked just a Larry Issh.
Speaker 1: Comedians criticized as the comedians like this because if you are a comedian, you know more than likely you are going to offend somebody, are some community at some point.
Speaker 2: It's impossible to not step on those land.
Speaker 1: Mines, especially in twenty twenty four, unless you're just completely safe. And you can be safe or you can be great, but you can't be you know, both at the same time.
Speaker 2: So the reason I felt like.
Speaker 1: Gerard you know, should show Chappelle or any other comedian great is simply because at some point you will of Finn and Low and bowl not twelve hours after me saying that Gerrod Carmichael was all over the Internet because of a joke made on his new HBO series, Gerrod Carmichael Reality Show.
Speaker 2: Let me read you the headline from TMZ.
Speaker 1: Before I play you the audio Gerrod Carmichael slavery race played joke stirs backlash to self hate is cringe.
Speaker 2: Listen to the joke.
Speaker 4: Sometimes joke to him that, like our relationship is like that of like a slave and the master son who like teaches me how to read by candlelight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he growns too because he's a good person. He doesn't like that joke. I like that joke. That's my bird.
Speaker 4: I think that's hilarious. Yesha, Maria, it's when that's it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is. You know that's that's a joke. That's for me, Gerard. Do you know what comes up when you google your name? Bro?
Speaker 1: That's the leg See, your legacy has a bunch of opinions on role playing slavery with your white boyfriend. It's an odd penis to die on. Do you see how quickly those tables can turn? Okay, this is why I don't understand. You know, comics coming in other comics. I'm not a comic, but there should be some type of rules about comics criticizing other comics. And even if it's not an unwritten rule, you know, just you as a comic should be like, I don't like Dave's jokes, but publicly adding on, you know, to a pylon of another comic as a comic to me is laying, especially when you know people are saying that the comic is being offensive, you know, and that and that. Now, what if Dave came out and started, you know, criticizing Gerard for his jokes and said he was offended about you know, the role playing slavery with his white boyfriend joke.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's Dave Chappelle were talking about him. Dave's megaphone is huge.
Speaker 1: If he starts talking about you, you know, sucking the penis and you're oppressor, Okay, you sucking math and me, Hey, can't suck anything.
Speaker 2: Pause.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what it's saying. Oh well, anyway, Okay, I'm just saying, what if they came out and talked about you role playing slavery? That would change your Google searches tremendously.
Speaker 2: Okay, you cannot like the joke.
Speaker 1: But comedians should be entitled to make the joke, and you may even be entitled to say that's not funny, but the act offended publicly as a comedian, you know what I'm saying, and tell a publication that that's Dave's legacy, now, knowing is not.
Speaker 2: By the way, there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of things that come to mind about Dave's legacy when it comes to comedy and trans jokes is not at the top of my list.
Speaker 2: Okay, not even remotely. Drive.
Speaker 1: I love you, but you should focus on building your own legacy because I'm not sure you have one yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're building. I know you have had all the.
Speaker 1: Specials in the TV shows and movies, all of that, But what is the comedy legacy of Gerrod Carmichael.
Speaker 2: What is the legacy of Girod Carmichael as a comedian?
Speaker 1: Something for us to ponder, Okay, But in the meantime, please everyone out there remember to give grace. Okay, it's easy to give grace when you recall how much you may need it one day. Please give Girod Carmichael the sweet down to the him.
Speaker 3: You all, donkey, Oh the day, Oh the day, ye.
Speaker 2: All right, I like that.
Speaker 1: That was the first one in a long time that I liked. Okay, and I love Jerald Cormchael as well, but I love that. Donkey means absolutely thank you.
Speaker 2: It should all right, well, thank you for that donkey other day.
Speaker 1: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull, Lamb and stuff. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 2: Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club