Speaker 1: It's a Burke and Jeffrey podcast. And you know I love reading the reviews. But your mom left us three stars?
Speaker 2: What the well?
Speaker 3: She has a point. It's not that good.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, could you make up for that? Please leave? Is that too needy?
Speaker 4: Maybe? But the full show starts right now.
Speaker 3: A little bit too much excitement Over in Pittsburgh recently, local authorities swarmed a large office and events space during lunchtime. Wow, it all happened because two friends were texting. Okay, I guess they were talking about a fire alarm test that was going on in the building that day. Yeah, but you forget one letter when you're typing out a message, and soon all hell breaks loose.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: But why here's a cop explaining what happened.
Speaker 5: The person texted was meant to say fire alarm, but I guess it came out as firearm. Then they didn't respond to their phone and until the person that got the text called least because they thought maybe there was immediate danger.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, I mean I could see that fire alarm.
Speaker 3: Firearm very close, but very different things.
Speaker 4: Don't put your phone down after you do that, and not.
Speaker 3: Autocrat caused a lot of unnecessary drama for employees working in and around the building. More than anything, people in the area were just really, really confused and.
Speaker 6: Just started seeing a lot of policemen in uniform with machine guns.
Speaker 7: Three cops go in, guns drawn, they're carrying the mail and they're like, did you guys see anything?
Speaker 3: Like no, They're like, get out of here now.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine like police rushing into the building just fully armed and you're like, oh, what's going on?
Speaker 9: I'd be like, it's brock and I'd get a free day of work.
Speaker 1: I gotta say props for the response. So yeah, just think of it as a drill, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, good news is authorities reported, no injuries, no threats, just one really bad texture and at least.
Speaker 4: One person in that building that feed their pants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, enough talking. Can we please get into the shot collar question of the day now, because Jake has some trivia for us that I've been dying the year. Jake, take it away.
Speaker 7: Everyone on this show is a fan of food. You know, Brook loves it so much. We have to stop down taping so she can have her eight am and ten am pre lunch every single days. Right, But what about fast food. Hopefully you know a little, because if you don't, you might get the collar in this first ever Yum Yum, one.
Speaker 3: And done shot.
Speaker 10: All right, each of.
Speaker 7: You will be given a question about fast food condiments. If you get it right, you're safe. But if you get it wrong, you'll be forced to clean the Wendy's deep fat frar with your personal toothbrush.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm just there the other day.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, Alexis.
Speaker 7: Since you constantly talk about being a fan of happy meals, we'll start with you and your question is about those golden arches. According to a new poll, what is the most popular sauce at Mickey D's. Is it ranch, honey, mustard, or sweet and sour?
Speaker 9: That is a question. I always get honey when I get nugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard for me.
Speaker 3: You don't dip your nuggets in anything nouggets.
Speaker 9: I don't know, notally a sauce person.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I've heard from other people that the honey mustard at McDonald's is superior.
Speaker 9: To like It's like the blend that they use is so fired. So I don't know, because I never used any sauce.
Speaker 1: I went to Wendy's a couple of days ago and I asked for a ranch and they gave me honey mustard, and I was very happy with it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 9: A rare Wendy's a lot of booty Facebook groups.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna go honey mustard.
Speaker 7: Jake leading the way with thirty percent of the vote. Dip your nugs in it or put it on your fries, sweet and sour.
Speaker 2: McDonald's most popular sauce.
Speaker 7: So Alexis will be getting shocked, onto Brook. Your establishment is Taco Bell. Okay, which is the most popular salsa condiment at Taco Bell? Is that they're hot sauce, mild sauce, or fire sauce.
Speaker 9: Fire, I will.
Speaker 3: Brook, if you would let me just handle this one for you. I think I got this because you always hear people talking about the fire sauce. But I think that's just because it's the funnest to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 3: I think mild sauce people are actually the overwhelming majority, but they're a little bit ashamed to come out and say it because you don't want to be like, hey, I'm into mild sauce. It just doesn't sound very bad.
Speaker 4: So do you whisper it when you order it.
Speaker 3: And write it down on a piece of paper and you slide it across the counter to the cashier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, I'm gonna go fire sauce. I mean, I like your thing, but I think that it's fire sauce. Even if people don't eat it, I think that they order it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a good point, Brook.
Speaker 7: People surveyed said when they to Taco Bell, their favorite is the mild sauce. That is nineteen percent of the vote. Fire is eleven percent of the vote, and thirty percent of Jeff savor. People said, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I don't know what hot sauce is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like their unspicy advice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jose, you'll have home field advantage because your question is about Subway.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: People didn't know Jose's previous and future employer is Subway. Going back, So, when asked what their favorite sauce is, did Subway customers say Thousand Island Sweet Onion or Chipotle Southwest?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: I was gonna say, Mayo. This is so easy, Jake.
Speaker 3: Remember when the Chipotle Southwest sauce first came out, everybody was putting it on their sandwiches. It was like spray that on my body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is really good. But I will say the sweet onion sauce is tasty.
Speaker 3: It's only for the chicken. Terarry.
Speaker 10: You don't think it can go on anything, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess it could.
Speaker 9: It is not popular. From when I was working there.
Speaker 1: Years and years ago, I didn't even know that they had thousand Island, did you guys?
Speaker 3: I didn't either. I wasn't that maybe anything.
Speaker 6: So let's eliminate Thousand Island all the way and Chipotle Southwest can go on the sneak. It can go on a turkey breas, Yes, do it.
Speaker 9: It can go on almost anything. So I'm gonna go with Chipotle Southwest.
Speaker 7: Jake squeaking By, with just twenty one percent of the vote, the favorite sauce of subway customers all over the country, says that Chipotle south.
Speaker 3: Let's go it is.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey just you're very knowledgeable.
Speaker 3: I'm just when it comes to fast food.
Speaker 4: Different, I really want to apologize. That's going against what you.
Speaker 3: Said, Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: Because of your affinity for licking other people's fingers.
Speaker 3: We get KFC.
Speaker 7: Is their most popular sauce, Buttermilk Ranch honey barbecue or their finger Licking good sauce.
Speaker 4: What is I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I know this, but the finger Licking good sauce, it's kind of a knockoff inspired by the Worcester Mayo based sauce you might find at a Zaxby's. BUTFCS KFCs is.
Speaker 12: A little bit different because what they do is they just add a smidge of pickle juice in it, and they do not know that they put a dapple of mustard on top and a pinch more sugar than you'd find out a Zaxby's.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I know this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know enough about sauces to prove Zaxby's would never go that far. But KFC, they're bold, They're willing to do that. Well, no, that's not for me. I'm more of a fan of the buttermilk ranch, so I'm gonna say buttermilk.
Speaker 9: Ranch it is buttermilk savory.
Speaker 7: With twenty four percent of the vote, finger Licking good Sauce is the favorite of Kings, that rich ranch, jok tummy barbecue. Everyone today like like this.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take the group shot together and we're gonna sing poker Face by Lady Gaga carried Man, carry Man, No, he canry poked.
Speaker 13: Great job guy, always a shot collar Question of the.
Speaker 4: Day, all right, your Jeffrey finger looking to both.
Speaker 10: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: When you think of the biggest bucket list goals that our listeners have, maybe some of the top ones probably give jose a butterfly kiss on his tummy during a chance at love. Yeah, a lot of people want to do that.
Speaker 9: I would love that.
Speaker 3: Maybe go to a bar with Alexis and have her puke in the back seat of their cars, and then of course humiliate Brook her own game dumb Trivia. Her listener be able to take her down today and maybe even make Brook cry.
Speaker 4: Gentle.
Speaker 3: We're about to find out if someone can cross that off their bucket list. It's coming up right now. Brooks going for sixteen wins in a row today, and you're going to be taking on a very special caller, a first time player named Janika from Lakewood, who says she's been listening to you Brook and been a fan since she was a teenager and now she's fifty one years Jenika, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a mama too.
Speaker 11: I'm twenty six.
Speaker 13: Okay, that makes you feel a little bit better.
Speaker 4: It's like, damn, I've been on the radio.
Speaker 3: Law.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's a.
Speaker 1: Compliment, and also it's weird for me still so, but I really appreciate it.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 3: Why have you never called in to play Brook before?
Speaker 2: I called in since I was a teenager, and I've never gotten through.
Speaker 11: I think I got through one time, but then my phone hung up. Oh it was horrible.
Speaker 9: It's hard to get through.
Speaker 4: We are finally together, and I'm really happy about that.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 9: Sorry, you have.
Speaker 4: To lose this.
Speaker 3: It was meant to be. We're gonna send Brook out of the studio while that happens. Janique, what you know? The game's played thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you have to beat Brooke out right to win. Are you ready? I'm ready?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Good luck? Your time starts now. Today is World Penguin Day. What hemisphere do penguins live in? U? Pash a Habiitasherie sells? What alcohol, clothes or soap?
Speaker 10: Soap?
Speaker 3: President Woodrow Wilson kept what type of animal to cut the White House lawn a goat A bloody mary without vodka is called what.
Speaker 11: Past?
Speaker 3: The actor Rain Wilson played what character on the TV show in the Office Past got those and Brooks are gonna come back into the studio, And I mean, this is your opportunity, Janikua. I mean you've been a fan for so long. Is there any question that you've been dying to ask Brooke about herself? Anything that you want? What would you ask her?
Speaker 2: I don't have a question for her, but she sounds like she's a great mom since I've been listening to her.
Speaker 4: Oh, you sound like you're a great mom, Brooke.
Speaker 3: What's what's your golden mom advice that you'd like to pass on to.
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean I was gonna say, do what you need to survive? And all those babies need is love, like you keep a good sense of humor.
Speaker 3: All right, hopefully, brook it's your turn. You're ready? Yeah, your time starts now. Today is World's Penguin Day. What hemisphere do penguins live in? Southern a Habitasherie sells? What alcohol clothes or soap clothes? President Woodrow Wilson kept what type of animal to cut? The White House lawn goats. A bloody Mary without vodka is called.
Speaker 4: What oh, bloody Maria.
Speaker 3: The actor Rain Wilson played what character on the TV show The Office, Dwight, Are there more or less than five hundred muscles in your body?
Speaker 4: In mine?
Speaker 3: Less? All right, let's go to the scoreboard and see how you both did. With Jose, I do.
Speaker 9: Really likes.
Speaker 6: You got zero's all right, you got in so that.
Speaker 9: Is a wind in general?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: And Brooke, obviously you got the dog with three corrects.
Speaker 3: Sorry about the genique. Well, let's get some answers here for everybody. Today's world Penguin day. Penguins live in the Southern Hemisphere. Habitasher sells clothes. It's an Old West term for a men's clothing and accessory store.
Speaker 9: They should call That's so fun to say.
Speaker 4: I thought it was just a hat store. Anyway.
Speaker 3: President Woodrow Wilson kept a sheep in order to cut the White House lawn a whole herd of them.
Speaker 4: We use goats.
Speaker 3: Okay, bloody mary without vodka is called a virgin mary.
Speaker 9: A bloody Maria's with AEQ.
Speaker 4: I just thought, what else would it be if you didn't have vodka? I didn't think that you meant Noel.
Speaker 3: I thought for sure Brooke was gonna say stupid.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The actor Rain Wilson played the character Dwight Shrewt on the Office. And there are more than five hundred muscles in the human body, six hundred and forty muscles total.
Speaker 4: I wasn't part of that study, so I don't know of them.
Speaker 3: In my body, I have ten thousand muscles, same humble. I can tell you all below the belt. So Janikua, sorry, we can't give you any cash here, but just for playing, you're getting a twenty five dollars Disney gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park or online in the Disney Store.
Speaker 11: Oh yay, And I'm just happy I got in with you guys.
Speaker 4: Oh, you've been super fun to have the on the show.
Speaker 3: Yes call in another forty years and I'm sure Brook will still be here. Thank you so much for playing with It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. All right, here's a theoretical situation for the ladies in the room. Okay, and Brooke, you can join in on this too if you want. But let's say that a random woman approached you and said that you were beautiful, and she offered to pay you money to go out on a date with her son. Would you do it?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Been so much money?
Speaker 1: I would I'm not one of the girls, but he I don't want a crazy mother in law like that.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Her son is nine?
Speaker 13: Oh okay, I still I'm joking about the age thing.
Speaker 3: But that actually happened to one of our listeners recently, and she decided to accept the offer go out on a date with a random guy. What she didn't know is it would lead to one of the most hilarious and embarrassing nights of her life. And the worst part was she couldn't tell anybody what happened because of the secret arrangement she'd made with the mom beforehand. That's why we're going to disguise her voice so she can finally tell her story and you can hear the awkward date night that happened in a brand new mass speaker coming up right after this you don't hear me confession, I can't take back o arms mouse speak text into seven eight five nine two says I'm a high school teacher and I worked late at school to catch up on grading homework one night, no one was around, so I went into the girl's bathroom and I wrote, mister Smith is hot.
Speaker 14: I mean I love that.
Speaker 1: Do do up your reputation and student's ability to pay attention to class?
Speaker 3: Is that why the textboard has been letting up all morning saying Brooks a tasty treat, young yum. Well, we all have our nuggets, the truth that we've been holding on to, and one of our listeners is ready to share hers with the whole world. She's using the alias Jackie. So Jackie, welcome to the show. How long, hey, Jackie?
Speaker 4: Something apparently that's been bothering you. I'm guessing.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well you're ready to Yes, voice changer is activated. You are the mass speaker now, Jackie, So whenever you're ready.
Speaker 15: Okay, sounds in my hair. Very nice week. I went to a new file. She was running out saying, you know, telling me how beautiful hours and then I don't know, she was just really like honey in on my features, like oh I love your.
Speaker 4: Shape, your shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I was like it kind of made me uncomfortable, like I love KEI thought she was shaking me out.
Speaker 1: I hi, KEI think that, like I never how the hairstylist ever say you have a nice shape.
Speaker 3: My hair stylist compliments my butt all the time.
Speaker 4: Apparently compliment you're sitting down, I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you who does my but your hairstylist is feeling you Jackie.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 15: So then out the blue she asked if I'm single?
Speaker 1: Okay, which actually is a pretty natural question, but in this situation it feels different.
Speaker 15: Yeah you think, let me say it.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 15: So I tell her, yeah, I'm single and a college recently. You know, I've had a hard time sign the job, so I'm doing like a bunch of little eye part time little job here and there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: And so I was telling her like, how you know getting my hair done is like a big expense these days.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, right totally.
Speaker 15: So then she kind of pauses and gives me like this weird look, and she's like, I have an idea for how you can make a lot of money and still do your other jobs.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I thought she was going to look at you like, oh, she's not gonna tip me, right No.
Speaker 15: So then she's like, oh, it's nothing illegal, but I'd be willing to pay you two hundred dollars if you went out with my son.
Speaker 3: WHOA, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: If I thought she was joking, honestly, yeah, I would have thought the same thing.
Speaker 15: But she was serious. Before I gave her an answer, she started telling me about him, how he's about my age. You know, he's an engineer. He makes a lot of money. He's quite very insecure, but he's so sweet and he's never been in a relationship ever.
Speaker 4: Oh ever, Oh is she telling you that he's over eighteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's an engineer.
Speaker 4: She didn't say.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 15: She's like, I think if a girl like you asked him out, it would build his confidence.
Speaker 16: Oh, I will do it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a nice guy.
Speaker 15: I'll just do this, make a quick two hundred dollars should be easy money. So I agree. We said the time in a baby and everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, how to go?
Speaker 2: So I get there and.
Speaker 15: Everything really cool. Like you know, normally when mothers just guy their sons, they kind of over e graduate, But in this case, she was fine, Like, he was really sweet. I thought everything went well, like I actually kind of liked him, Like wow, okay, okay.
Speaker 9: Because that's the most shocking my mom.
Speaker 6: Man, she thinks I'm the biggest model in the universe son is just gorgious.
Speaker 4: Did you have like good conversation with him and stuff?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Like, although it was a setup date, it was really like probably top three dates.
Speaker 9: Whoa that awesome?
Speaker 15: Ever, he was just like as such, a you mean we had your conversation.
Speaker 1: I'm not at the end.
Speaker 11: He didn't kiss member.
Speaker 4: He's a guy and he's a mama's boy.
Speaker 1: Obviously, he's not an overbearing mother who's paying random people to desk him out.
Speaker 15: But the way the day, I just knew like we were gonna, you know, move forward, and I was even going to go second day Thurbacea.
Speaker 9: Wos a girlfriend?
Speaker 15: Ever, I'm thinking the hesitation from that when I tell you guys what he leasing and whispers to me that I'm not his type.
Speaker 16: Oh for a year and that's what he says, and then the over seds to tell me I'm not the type of girl he would want to bring home to his mom.
Speaker 3: Did you tell him that, pray?
Speaker 15: Because no, no, But it's crazy, Like I guess he'd never talked to his mom about me, because she calls me like not too long after that and office to pay me another two hundred dollars to go out with himog no, just take.
Speaker 4: The two hundreds, lose his number in a new hairstylist.
Speaker 9: Sounds like he's curbing girls left and right.
Speaker 15: To be honest, so I really wanted to tell her if nerd of a son gets me, I just played it like I'm just busy. I mean I think I told her, I like I mat someone else.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, wow, that's a shot to the ego.
Speaker 4: It was too good to be true. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I'm sure one of our listeners, though, will be more than happy to pay you two hundred dollars to go out with their kids. So nine to if you'd like Jackie to go out with your son, or if you have a confess that you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Phone taps coming up.
Speaker 10: Next, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You guys seen the news lately? Yeah, sure, at least the news that I made up in my head. Oh no, there's a larger than life caterpillar infestation and it's coming directly our way. So it's not cute. It's scary. Everyone who lives in a fifteen mile radius to warn them and let them know the city is taking care of it in their typical city way by making everything worse. We've got it under control. In your phone tap right now.
Speaker 10: Another on the twenties.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Peter.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is he.
Speaker 3: He Peter. I work at the City of My name is Max Girth.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, is everything Okay?
Speaker 2: Did I pay my bill?
Speaker 3: Bills are all up to date as far as I know. I'm the city arborous Oh okay, yeah, I'm the guy who deals with trees. Deal with trees, right, huh exactly. So I'm reaching out to everyone in your neighborhood today regarding the upcoming caterpillar season. Uh, okay, you're familiar.
Speaker 8: I mean I have to be honest, I'm not completely up to date on the caterpillar situation.
Speaker 3: I know we have you, okay, It's all over the news right now. This year is supposed to be the worst season for caterpillar infestation, okay, and your area, in particular where you live, is going to be a hotbed for those furry little.
Speaker 8: Things whoa language.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but it's warranted. You do not want to mess with those little pieces of Delete your whole house down right to the studs.
Speaker 8: Wow, I guess I didn't understand the severity of this. So you're saying, you're saying it's.
Speaker 3: A huge, huge deal. So the city's trying to be more proactive about the whole thing. We're going to be in your neighborhood on let's see on Thursday to cut down most of your trees. Wait what, the only way to deal with these future little baddards is to knock their homes down before they show up.
Speaker 8: You're not going to cut down my trees. It's my property. You can't just come and cut down my trees.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, I guess technically you're right. I'll probably have one of my guys do it so it won't be me per se. No, but the trees are going down.
Speaker 8: You're not listening to me. You're not cutting down my trees. My family loves my trees. We have a swing hanging from one of my trees. My kids. I love my trees. You're not cutting them down.
Speaker 3: Listen. You know what, the city twenty minutes up north from you, they had the same issue with caterpillars back in twenty fifteen. And you know what, happy you know many people still live there.
Speaker 8: Ah, I don't have the population chart in front of me, but I.
Speaker 3: Mean it is still a lot technically more than before. But it was it was pretty bad. Wait wait, they weren't happy about it.
Speaker 8: I'm confused exactly.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm in charge. I'm going to make the decisions, all right. Do you trust me?
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 3: Do you trust the.
Speaker 8: City at the moment? Not really, because.
Speaker 3: We've made great choices in the past. Oh do you ever had the traffic roundabout that we put in.
Speaker 8: The one that took two years and blocked up traffic?
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, did it take a long time? Was it two million dollars over budget? Sure? But it's cool. Now have you seen the fountain?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean what what does the fountain in the middle of the roundabout have to do with caterpillars in my trees?
Speaker 3: And it's proof that the city makes good decisions.
Speaker 8: Now, my question is ighly doubt that ll.
Speaker 3: Start coming around. I want to know when is it best for us to deliver the cardboard trees.
Speaker 8: Like fake trees hiding me.
Speaker 3: We're going to make big cardboard cutouts so those little things they can nest.
Speaker 8: Telling me that we are in the midst of an encroaching caterpillar invasion. You need to take my trees down, and you're gonna put up faux fake cardboard trees.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The only the only way to beat the caterpillars is to punk them.
Speaker 8: Wait what to punk?
Speaker 3: They're gonna climb up to the very top and then boom, whole thing falls down. Catterpunk?
Speaker 8: Did you just say catterpunk?
Speaker 3: Caterpillars are very responsive to slapstick humor.
Speaker 8: That's just a weird thing for an arborist to say.
Speaker 3: I just is it a weird thing for a radio host to say? Who's doing a prank phone call?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never had a radio host call me into you have had a radio host call you right now? Because my name is jeff from looking Jeffrey in the Morning. This is a phone tab. Dude, what what?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 3: It's a joke.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: Your sister Savannah sets you up. She knew how upset you'd get if the city said they were gonna mess with your trees, so she told us to mess with you.
Speaker 8: Are you allowed to say those foul words on the radio?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: What do you mean foul words? Those are sentence enhancers.
Speaker 10: Wake up every morning was Funk Tap weekday mornings on the twenties Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: You ever wanted to own a boat?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm really enjoyed my parents owning a boat so I can just use it without actually taking care of.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Sounds cool until you actually buy yourself a boat, and then ten thousand dollars in four water pumps later, you're like, what was I thinking when I bought this stupid boat?
Speaker 9: Serious?
Speaker 3: Well, there's a woman who thought that moving in with her boyfriend was going to be amazing. Yeah, but the reality not so much.
Speaker 4: He's her boat, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Her boat.
Speaker 9: He's throwing money into.
Speaker 3: It, and now just three months later, she wants him to move out of his own place and still be together.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you just have to untie that rope at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, she wants it to work. How is that gonna happen? I don't know. We're gonna find out when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call coming up next. It's awkward.
Speaker 10: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. How long should a normal couple go in their relationship before they have their first really big fight? What was it for you, like six minutes.
Speaker 1: I actually don't remember our first fight. Yeah, I'm sure it is that we're setting stupid though.
Speaker 3: A lot of times you're.
Speaker 6: Going so well the first month or two that you're like, oh, we haven't fought yet, and then all of a sudden you start fighting a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's hard to know. I guess it depends on the couple. But one of our listeners, Sammy, wants to have a difficult conversation with her boyfriend, and she's worried that this could lead to their first really big fight together.
Speaker 1: She's anticipating a fight, she's hoping that she doesn't get into one.
Speaker 3: That's why she wants some advice. So, Sammy, are you sure you emailed the right radio station about this?
Speaker 11: I think so.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, tell us about your boyfriend and the situation you got going on.
Speaker 11: Yeah. So I've been dating this guy, Cody. We were dating for three months and my old apartment lease ended and my roommate was going to move out, and so I couldn't afford the place on my own.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, okay, one of those romantic we moved in together stories.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well, so I was skeptical because we you know, three months, like, but right then it really did seem like the best option financially. So I moved in and we living together for three months now.
Speaker 4: And how's that? Because you really get to know somebody when you live with them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, way different.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, okay, so I really really like him. He's a great boyfriend.
Speaker 4: And we're not even dropping that. We're not even saying love, you're saying light huh are you?
Speaker 11: I mean it's been six months, like okay, anyway, okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, so not quite to the to the.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 11: So it's kind of a smaller space like my other place was bigger, and I don't know, it's just causing some friction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are sharing a bedroom too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not the problem now, Okay, Like do you think that he would go sleep on the couch or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just nice to have like two bedrooms in an apartment if you're going to live with someone, even if you sleep in the same room. It's just like I'm just judging how much space, how much on top of each other they are?
Speaker 9: Her husband.
Speaker 3: What's causing the friction between you guys.
Speaker 11: Well, it is kind of much, saying it's the small space. And you know, he's just typical guy, like little dirty.
Speaker 4: He has a different idea of clean than you do.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean, so he's not currently working right now, so it's it's not a huge deal, but like he's just around a lot. I went home to someone already home.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 1: I get it, though, Like you went from having your own time, your own space, and now you get none of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And so when I first moved in with him, it was like a total dump, like mattress on the.
Speaker 4: Floor, yeah, milk crate for the bedstand.
Speaker 3: It's a typical bachelor path. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And so like I came in and I like that my sim chair and I put I made it into a real apartment decorations and things, and reorganized it. Now it's really cute.
Speaker 3: And I separated all the silverware in the drawers into like different containers.
Speaker 11: He had silverware.
Speaker 1: I think he had like a So, what's what's your specific issue?
Speaker 11: Well, I just I feel like this isn't great for our relationship and we're losing that exciting dating feeling we had that I feel like should last a little bit longer than this. And I'm just feeling like we're an all married couple.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean that always happens.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I feel like it usually doesn't happen this fast, and it's partly to do with us sharing the shiny space.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you see him.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. I mean that's what you get when you move in with so unch.
Speaker 3: So what do you look at you? Are you thinking that maybe it's time that you get your own place?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think we should live apart again. But here's the thing. I really love this apartment. It's a great location, it's perfectly out and I kind of want to stay.
Speaker 1: It was his first he invited you in, and now you want to kick him out of the spot.
Speaker 3: Him of his own apartment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he's not really pain for.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I feel like I've sort of made it into a real place.
Speaker 3: And Okay, so that's what this call is all about. You actually want to call your boyfriend and tell him I think you should move out.
Speaker 9: You want to kick him out?
Speaker 11: I just think we should have space away from each other. And I'm not sure how to ask him do this without causing a big fight.
Speaker 1: I mean this could honestly, like it's a big question. It could end your relationship. I mean, do you have an idea for him because he's not working, Like, where is he going to go?
Speaker 11: Well, so recently one of his buddies that he needed a roommate. Oh and so I think that would be a good alternative.
Speaker 3: And if that guy doesn't want to take him, there's always his car. I'm sure.
Speaker 6: I just I'm scared because you always see people moving in. I've never seen people move out unless they were breaking up.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't want to break up with him. I just I think this would be better for me and better for us to have some space.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could. Yeah, it sounds healthy.
Speaker 3: It does this.
Speaker 9: It is probably not gonna work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's going to be definitely an awkward one. We're going to play a song, we'll come back, we'll give you a little bit of advice, and then we'll let you call your boyfriend and tell him you gotta go. Yeah, but I'm gonna stay. Yeah, all right, we'll do it next. Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 10: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone. I'm curious. Has anybody here actually asked somebody that they were living with to move out before to move out? Yeah? I know, I did it once. You did yeah to my parents back when I was nine. I was like, look, guys, like this is okay, but it's not really working for me. You guys gotta go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That did not work out so well for me. I had to go live out in the guest house next to the tennis courts for a while and the TV in there was only forty two inches So really slummed it a long time to not go the way I want. All the courts you have, they really were, It was one of our listeners. Sammy is about to call her boyfriend to tell him I know that you asked me to move in, but I think you should be the one to move and we should continue dating still. Yeah, so she's hoping to get a little bit of advice. Brooke, what do you think I mean?
Speaker 4: Have you thought about making this just a breakup call instead?
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm just asking her.
Speaker 11: No, I really like him, I just you know, it's too little space.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Jose, Hopefully it's something better than consider breaking up with him.
Speaker 9: What do you think I was gonna say?
Speaker 2: Murdering?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Like no, I think that if you frame it to make it sound like a great fun opportunity.
Speaker 9: For him, then it'll be better.
Speaker 6: So, like you mentioned, his friend needs a roommate, I would say, you know, we're all getting older. This could be the last opportunity that you have to live with one of your best friends.
Speaker 3: Okay, because once you're married, you're never going to have a friend again.
Speaker 4: I think you saying speak to his inner child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the thirteen year old immature boy that it sounds like is really close to the surface.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Sammy?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think that's a good tactic.
Speaker 12: Did you earned your paycheck for the year?
Speaker 4: I still think mine is not a bad option.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll call break up option B. I'm gonna dial his number right now and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. All right, good luck, We'll be here if you need us, here we go.
Speaker 11: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right? Could you please think me up your call? This? Please you?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, please, Dave, it's me, It's me. What see I mean?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The numbers the numbers blocked?
Speaker 11: Oh weird, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's yeah, good nothing.
Speaker 11: Where do you drink?
Speaker 2: I just wom ups and bagel bites and I am watching Succession?
Speaker 11: Oh again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good. You should watch it with me. It's incredible.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm pretty behind Si, I don't know, but I I sort of need to ask you something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, what's up?
Speaker 11: Okay? Do I like ever get on your nerves?
Speaker 2: Is? I'm sorry it's a Dirk question.
Speaker 11: No, I'm just wondering.
Speaker 2: Mm. No. No, I love kicking with you. It's awesome. No, but why why would you ask me? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, but do you ever wish you had more space, like so you could have more privacy or have your buddies over or whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, you go out to work, so I get more than enough space there, so it's not a big deal. Yeah, let's go on.
Speaker 11: Well, okay, look, first of all, don't get me wrong. I still I love you. I love being your girlfriend. I love hanging out and having fun and laughing with you. Like I don't want any of that to change. Okay, but but I need a space to myself at least right now.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but are you bringing up with me?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 11: No, no, I just think my money situation isn't the greatest. And your buddy Chad he was He was talking about he needs a roommate and maybe you could move in with him. And I could make this my personal spot.
Speaker 2: Wait what you want to kick me out?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 11: No, I I want you to leave by your own choice.
Speaker 2: No, no, are you joking? Like I lived here first and then invited you in. What what is that happen?
Speaker 11: Okay? At this point, most of the stuff in there is mine and I basically remodeled the whole thing.
Speaker 8: Yes, and I like it.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, it is not It is not a big space. It's a really really small space. So I just I think it'd be best not just for me, but for us.
Speaker 2: But this, okay, this really feels like a break of Sammy, but it's not.
Speaker 11: Can you just please consider it? It would mean a lot and really help.
Speaker 2: Look, I can't like what all right? How do I say this? I I never told you this before, but before we met, I got an inheritance for my grandmother and it was a good chunk of change and I ended up buying this place and a few other properties. What yeah, so you can't really kick me out of my own house?
Speaker 10: Wo word?
Speaker 3: Oh my o god?
Speaker 2: What's what was that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a sound effect that we played. Because you're on the radio right now, Cody.
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 4: What the hell is having where we congratulate homeowners.
Speaker 3: You're You're on with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. That's the show, and we're doing something called an awkward Tuesday phone call with you and your girlfriend Sammy.
Speaker 2: Okay, what the hell is going on, Sammy?
Speaker 9: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 10: What the.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I just didn't know how to have this conversation.
Speaker 2: And so you go to the radio station.
Speaker 4: Well, we're helpful sometimes, are you.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if this is helping. What's what's going on?
Speaker 11: Well, okay, so what do you mean you own the place?
Speaker 2: It's not okay, it's not an apartment unit. It's technically a condo. I bought it a while back, so I'm still playing a bunch of mortgage and I don't like five other places as.
Speaker 4: Well's you have options?
Speaker 3: I'm hearing he's rich.
Speaker 4: Say so wait, why didn't you tell her that before? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't want her to think I'm some I don't know the rich trust on douche nozzle. So I was like, I just wanted wanted her to like me for me.
Speaker 4: So that's why you've been able to like not.
Speaker 2: Work, I mean partially. Yeah, and y so like, and now she wants to kick me out of my own place.
Speaker 3: That's no, that's not what she said. She said she wants you to choose to live on her own core.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, I see, never mind, I take it back.
Speaker 1: I do think you're concentrating on the wrong thing. Like, she definitely wants a relationship with you. I even had suggested maybe you guys break up at the beginning, and she was very adamant that that is not what she wanted, right Sammy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, I don't want to break that.
Speaker 3: But she is saying to you that she feels like you guys are kind of on top of each other in this small place and it might be hurting your relationship a little bit.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't deny that, But like, at the same time too, I'm looking at this as a long term thing, so I figured, why not see if we are compatible all together in the situation like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you guys have only been together for three months. I mean, like when you moved in only three months together, that's really quick, really soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I agree, that's not conventional and it's it is a bit fast. But at the same time too, I also really like her, and you know, if you know what you like and you go after it.
Speaker 3: Well, she knows what she likes, and it's your place and she's going after it right now, and hopefully you'll leave.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's think about this. This is my place and I own it. I can't really move out. She needs more space, so I don't know, maybe you could move in with Chad.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't say any what do you think?
Speaker 11: No, no, your friend. I don't I don't want. I mean like, it was more the idea of, like you get to live with your friend and do the things guys want to do when they hang out.
Speaker 2: You know. Okay, look, look Sammy, I really like you. Okay, but if you feel this strongly that we need to, you know, not be around each other, or I need to move out and whatnot, and then not that you set me up for a phone call with the radio station, then maybe it was wrong. Maybe this is in the long term thing.
Speaker 11: Okay, hold on, we can Maybe I overreacted and you know, we can probably live together a little more and just see how it goes. I don't know, I mean, and.
Speaker 1: Maybe Cody, you could just spend more time out of the apartment. Because it sounds like you never leave right.
Speaker 4: Now bes place. I've just tried to come up with a compromise. She just needs a little alone time.
Speaker 3: Man, what if you split custody of the apartment, like he gets to live there Monday through Wednesday and you get to live there like Thursday through Sunday.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, Why don't we just put a piece of tapew in the middle of the living room.
Speaker 3: You're a logical guy, like, you know.
Speaker 1: You could work harder on like the romancing, since it feels like maybe she also feels like she's missing out on that newness right.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, I'm done with that. I didn't think that I was being unromantic. I mean, but this is news to me.
Speaker 3: Just get used to being wrong in your relationship a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm biting that out now. Does the radio station call every time we get do an argument, or.
Speaker 3: We'll be there for the big arguments whenever, you know. Okay, it sounds like you guys are good though. You guys are going to stick together.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I just need to get used to it more.
Speaker 4: Okay, that sound like defeat.
Speaker 3: That sounds like love broke. I'm just I'm just gonna deal with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I apologize for living in my own home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you're sounding like a real boyfriend.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: What's on for fifty wins in a row today? I'm gonna be taken on Catherine from Tacoma, who's an insurance agent. So, Catherine, welcome. I don't think brook has very good insurance, So why don't you give her your twenty second elevator pitch on why she should buy more from you?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 14: Well, right now, what I really want to push is life insurance.
Speaker 4: No, no, nope, I want to but insurance, Catherine. I was wondering.
Speaker 1: It's just like you maybe you know, maybe it may be worth something.
Speaker 14: You know, I know there are some companies that do offer them, like Blake Insurance, you know, like Kalo.
Speaker 7: I've heard insure Yeah, Brooks, but.
Speaker 11: I like that.
Speaker 4: Maybe I should do ear insurance. That makes more sense for my job. I've got to think about this out there. Good pitch.
Speaker 3: You have some business opportunities possibly for you, Catherine, But we're gonna sending Brook out of the studio while that happens. You know how the game's played. You have thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you do have to beat Brooke out right to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: I am a right.
Speaker 3: Good luck Your time starts now. On this day. In eighteen forty nine, hundreds of people arrived in San Francisco for the California Gold Rush. Those people were known as what oh past common and fine dining. What's the French word used to describe a savory or sweet egg based dished ooh ugh not to play name the band that's had hit songs called Sugar and moves like Jagger.
Speaker 11: Shoot Path.
Speaker 3: The fraction one fourth is equal to what percentage a quarter? Okay, well we'll take that as your answer. We're gonna bring Brooke back in. It's all right, Catherine, I see here on my phone screener that you have an interesting fact about yourself that you can write with your toes.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 14: I'm very flexible with my ligaments for some reason.
Speaker 3: When when would that ever come in handy for you?
Speaker 14: I don't know, but when Ellen degenerous of asking for some weird talents. I entered one time, but I never heard that.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's because she was intimidated by your talent. Didn't want you want to show you didn't want to.
Speaker 14: Yeah, my husband is very worded out about how I could pick things up with my toes.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been telling you already. There's a lot of people on the textboard who feel the opposite.
Speaker 3: Yes, a lot of people are jealous of your husband. They think he's a very, very lucky man.
Speaker 13: Yeah, strong, Yeah, it's your turn.
Speaker 3: You're ready, Yeah, let's go. Your time starts now. On this day in eighteen forty nine, hundreds of people arrived in San Francisco for the California Gold Rush. Those people were known as.
Speaker 4: What forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Common in fine dining, What's the French word used to describe a savory or sweet egg based dish? Uh pass name the band that's had hit songs called sugar and moves.
Speaker 4: Like Jagger Uh Maroon five.
Speaker 3: The fraction one fourth is equal to what percentage twenty five. When a virus affects multiple continents, it's a pandemic, but one of virus is in one specific community. It's called what good guess?
Speaker 9: That sounds like a really bad card game.
Speaker 3: We'll see how that goes. When we go to the scoreboard and check the score with Jose.
Speaker 10: I am tired.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we didn't even push a button there, Catherine, you got one correct today?
Speaker 10: What man.
Speaker 7: Rock?
Speaker 9: You got two dogs? Ustem two?
Speaker 3: Community's let's go to the answers here on this day. In eighteen forty nine, hundreds of people flocked to San Francisco for the California Gold Rush. Those people are known as prospectors. Oh then that's just the football team.
Speaker 4: But it's like slang for the people who came that year.
Speaker 3: And then we called it at the time. Okay, yeah, fine. Dining the French word that describes a savior sweet egg based dished is a soup fle sugar in moves like jagger of songs by the band Maroon five. One fourth is equal to twenty five percent. That's what we were going for therein weed a number. And when a virus affects multiple continents, that's a pandemic. When it's just in one specific community, it's called an epidemic.
Speaker 4: I knew that when you say it, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We have an epidemic of stupidity in this studio. Better sounds so bad, So unfortunately, can't give you any money, Catherine, But just we're playing. We are going to give you a pair of tickets to Professional bull Riders Unleash the Beast. Fuck PBRs Unleash the Beast Tours coming to Tacoma on April twentieth and the twenty first, make sure you head over to PBR dot com so you can get your tickets today. All right, we'll be back to do Windbrooks Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 10: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.