Speaker 1: We got to say congratulations again to South Carolina's women's basketball team for winning the national championship title. Yeah, head coach John Staley became the first black coach to win three Division I titles, doing all with an undefeated season. I might add during the game, we all noticed how much the media loved talking about Caitlin Clark and the Iowa Hawkeyes. Actor Samuel L. Jackson wrote on social media, it is okay to talk about the team that's winning too. That's all right too, you know. In addition, CNN charged they changed the picture from their lead sports story showing Caitlin Clark to the South Carolina players after fans call them out for posting a picture of the losers instead of the winners. Clark has undoubtedly been one of the biggest stars in women's college basketball for the past year. However, when it's South Carolina not Iowa, winning the national championship, it makes sense to want ESPN, CNN, and other media outlets to focus more on the undefeated game Cocks there, you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would be I mean, you know, look, I got the contribution that Caitlyn made to the game undeniable. I got all that, but I also understand that them game Cocks went undefeated under this year undefeated game and won the whole title. Do you know the pressure that is? Man and Don Staley's reaction after the game when she just broke down when they was trying to interview her because her sister was a lot on her. Man and then even in her graciousness with her acceptance speech while she was up on the stand, she thanked Caitlyn Clark for all she's done for the sport. I mean, you know what it is too now. You know, she did some stuff that hadn't been done before, and you know over the way over there at iowhen it did a lot for the game. That's good, you know, And she'll go to the next level and she'll be great. There'll be an adjustment, there'll be an adjustment, and then she'll be great. But there's gonna be an adjustment because when you go to the WNBA, everybody good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your own women over there. Yeah, everybody got shot, everybody good.
Speaker 2: And really the number one three point shooter in the country was the girl from South Carolina. Yep, but she ain't getting anybody mentioned that she's the number one three point shooter in the country and that girl played for South Carolina. They ain't mention that, you know, But you can't expect one person to carry a whole league because she's gonna play on one team and she gonna play one game at a time. The rest of the league flourishes and they've been around for a while now. Yeah, but I will say this though, women, I'm talking to women.
Speaker 3: You have to be more supportive of women's sport. Yeah. Man, these these arenas should.
Speaker 2: Be full, they should that should be fully I.
Speaker 3: Don't think Houston even has a team anymore.
Speaker 1: You had the comments then the NBA we used to be world champions in that one away.
Speaker 3: But you're right about that. Let's support women's sports.
Speaker 1: And there's something with the pay the thesparit.
Speaker 2: Yes, well yeah, if you can't feel the stands up where they're gonna get you this money from see and then if you don't feel the stands up and you don't get the viewership, who's gonna advertise? So you see, it's women have a responsibility to each other now because.
Speaker 3: Y'all got daughters playing sports.
Speaker 2: Y'all got daughters that's got to come up and beat greatness.
Speaker 1: And we need the men to to support just like women support myths.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, so both right, right, let's do it. Would you say, Steve, that's.
Speaker 2: Really on women. Sorry, it's really no, I'm telling you the truth. No, it's really on women. You ain't got to ask men to support sports. That's what we do.
Speaker 3: Support women's sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but you have to support women's sports because it's women sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I bet there was more men watching the women's n c a A than than it was women.
Speaker 3: That You're right, probably because we do sports now. We watched it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because in a minute we're finish, be in the world. Hurt because the NBA Finals is gonna be over with the minute. Darts we're playing. Darts were hard to watch that. Damn baseball. There's another pitch file ball. Yeah, man, they ain't even excited to be there. Border battling out hard counties now too. And one Hey did you see the other day? No?
Speaker 1: Hey man, Hey, so Steve, did you sping of did you see did you see Terrence Howard's recent interview about his lawsuit against CAAA Creative Arts and Agency over his Empire TV show salary. Terrence said he was underpaid for his role as Lucia's Lyons take a listen as he compares his salary to the cast of the TV show Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 4: Creative Artists Agency, they represented me. They also represented some of the people from Big Bang Theory. They also did the deal with Fox. My show was with Fox, and people in Big Bang was with Fox. We had twenty eight million viewers. They had eleven million viewers. They were getting two million dollars down there, three million dollars an episode. Those white kids that had no name recognition, no Oscar nominations, none of that.
Speaker 3: We have twenty eight million.
Speaker 4: Viewers and these Steve jokers are paying me three hundred and twenty five thousand dollars an episode.
Speaker 3: He right, He's one hundred percent correct. Here is what they're going.
Speaker 2: To say to Terrence Howard as a gentleman told me who I won't say his name because I promised him I wouldn't, but he told me executive he was a president of a network. He said, the reason blacks can't get paid is because blacks are paid from the multicultural budgeting dollars in all of these different ad campaigns, and so you will never be paid what the white counterparts are paid.
Speaker 1: After the hour. National disruptive events, yesterday's solar eclipse and last week's East Coast earthquake.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it all right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show