Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at.
Speaker 4: All, So.
Speaker 1: Don't given them a million bus busy.
Speaker 5: Listening to show.
Speaker 6: I don't Joy, Yeah, Joy, you know you love you.
Speaker 1: Turn.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: To turn the mouth.
Speaker 5: Turn you probably got to turn mouth turn out, turn the water the mon a up looking, come.
Speaker 1: Come out, you.
Speaker 2: Think, huh? I sure will.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody you're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now, one.
Speaker 2: And only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Here we go today.
Speaker 3: I think I have something for a lot of people today, at least I hope I do. And this is about on your journey, And this is about something that happens to us all. I mean, what happens to all of us from time to time when we get discouraged. What happens to all of us when we feel like quitting, What happens to all of us when we have that turnback moment, What happens to all of us when it don't seem like it's going to pan out? Because I want you to understand something that everyone, every single living soul, has those thoughts about something at some point in their life. I mean, you know, Look, I've oftentimes been discouraged about things not happening as fast as I like them. All things don't pan out the way I would like for them to have panned out. I mean, it's so many ways to get discouraged. But what my encouragement to you is when discouragement comes is understand this. It is a part of the growth process. It is a test. It is a test of your faith. How bad you want it, do you really believe? That's all faith is is simply, and I've said this how many times. Faith is the belief in things that you cannot see. So when discouragement comes, setbacks comes, it is a test of your faith. At least it's been that way for me. Now other people can explain it another way. I'm not other people. I can only give it to you the way it has come to me and throughout my life and man or man or man discouragement sometimes it's tough to deal with because it seems at times when you were discouraged that it is so absolute that this means the end, and if you allow it to set in, it can be just that the end of you, when merely merely it was a test, that's all it is. But the majority of people that I know who are not successful or who have told me the story of how they gave up, it was because at a moment of discouragement that they allowed it to set in and it became so engulfing that it became the reason why you shouldn't finish. And then they started justifying it with hitt one that I hate to hear. Well, if it's God's will, excuse me. If it's God's will that you fail. If it's God's will that you're not successful, If it's God's will that you lay down and give up, it's God's will that you allow yourself to amount to, not to not reach your potential, that's God's will. That's not the God I know. That's not the God I served. That's not the God I've read about. That's not the God I believe in. I'm sorry. I just my mother always taught me something that he didn't bring me this far to leave me.
Speaker 2: I just don't believe that, not for a second.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Have I convinced myself for some things, yep?
Speaker 3: Have I allowed the devil to come into the picture and paint a different one from it?
Speaker 2: Yep? Yep? I've done all of that, but you can't blame that on God. Now, come on, So.
Speaker 3: When discouragement comes, try to look at it if you can, as a test of your faith, and you merely have to pass the test. It could be for a day, a half a day, a few hours, a week, a few weeks, it don't matter. Don't nobody know how long the test period is. Your job is to keep the faith and keep moving. Keep the faith and keep moving, keep working, keep believing, keep hope alive.
Speaker 2: That's your job.
Speaker 3: If you do that, that's how you pass the test. It could be over tomorrow, it could be over in two weeks, it could be over in a month.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 3: But all you got to do is wake up and keep the faith and fight the discourage feelings.
Speaker 2: And how do you do that? Steve? Now here we go.
Speaker 3: This is the part I know about for show because how many times I've had to fight off discouragement in order to get to where God wanted me to be.
Speaker 2: What do you do when you become discouraged? Well, I think of the outcome.
Speaker 3: When I get discouraged about a task, I think about the outcome. Man, what would it be like if I were to complete the task. What would it be like?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: What would the outcome be for me if I hung loan in there? If I didn't give up. If I imagine, I imagine if I don't quit.
Speaker 2: I imagine if I don't.
Speaker 3: Give up, what would it be like? Man, Suppose everything I'm hoping for comes true. But if I don't quit and give up, that might just be the case. I start talking to myself like that, I think of what the upside is.
Speaker 2: What's the upside to stay in with it? You see, all this is the same thing. I'm just giving you different ways to look at it. I'm saying the exact same thing over and over. But I'm just trying to find the switch that connects in your mind where you can say, Okay, man, I'm gonna hang in there. Because if you think of the outcome and the outcome is appealing to you, if you imagine what it would be like if you don't give up or you don't quit.
Speaker 3: If you think only of what the upside is to stay in with it, And then I go, where can this lead to? If I stay with it, man, and the outcome comes true? What else could that lead me to? Because I mean there's always more to it. So where else could this lead me to? What are the possibilities?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: What are the limitless possibilities? What could God possibly have in me? If I just hang in there, if I pass this test of faith? If I just pass this test? Now, it ain't gonna be the only one. But you gotta get past this one. No, then you gonna hear the smooth plane. Then it's gonna be another one. It's gonna be another one. Life ain't nothing but a series of tests. Man. Man, when you're thinking about giving up, when you're discouraged, think of the outcome. Imagine what it would be like if you don't quit, if you don't give up. What's the upside to staying with it? Where can this all lead to? What can this get you to? If you do this and you get to where you think you want to be? Oh my god, what's after that? What are the limitless and endless possibilities of holding on to your faith?
Speaker 2: What could really be out there for me? Man?
Speaker 3: If I just pass this test, you gotta talk yourself into hanging in there.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 2: Morning show, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: The time is here. It's a new day. Another blessing, another gift from God. That's why they call it to president, because it's a gift. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: Steve Harvey Morning Show starts like this all the time. I just want to be a constant reminded, not only to y'all but to myself. Man, don't get this thing twisted. Do not get this thing twisted. This ain't nothing but a blessing man waking up every day being a part of it. This is Steve Harvey Morning Show. Shirley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Junior, the legend of nephew Tommy Jr.
Speaker 2: I see you now, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anything on your mind? You know, this one look like one of them good days for you.
Speaker 1: What you know it is?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 7: But you know, I find out that the grand Bakers is coming in town this weekend, so I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Do grandfathers do?
Speaker 7: What do grandfathers door?
Speaker 2: Now, it depends on how your grandkids are.
Speaker 1: How who are the grand kuks they too.
Speaker 2: You ain't got to do nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're at that unaware stage. They don't even know you grandfather yet you kind of clear stay out the way.
Speaker 7: Okay, you know, do what they want to do they want they well, I don't know if they want to do it, but they told me were going to Lego Land.
Speaker 2: I ain't know being I can go to Lego Land, but that baby ain't gonna.
Speaker 3: Know where he at. Let me tell you what you can be better off doing. You can go better off just go by a set of Legos and put him in front of him, and just about how long he gonna care when he gets at Lego Land. Yeah, okay, I bought my grandson. Now, he's actually very talented, so let me stop. Because this little dude man is above way above average. I bought him a Lego Land set because he loves putting this. The little Noah Noah's eight, and I bought the big Wood. It's a battleship. You put together a battleship, but it's for eighteen and above. It's for eighteen in a bove. You know, legos going to adult ages. I figured I buy him this. I ain't got to talk with him for a year.
Speaker 1: You know, because a year could he goes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, busna him occupied.
Speaker 3: Three days later he called me, he said, Papa finished, And I said, that's right.
Speaker 2: I go over to the house. I promise you.
Speaker 3: This little boy had built that entire battleship in three days.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: His parents had to make him go to sleep at night. He just set up with that. And then I asked him. I said, no, what do you do? You read the instructions? He said, yeah, Papa.
Speaker 1: Said engineer at eight.
Speaker 3: At eight, I couldn't read instructions off follow him until I was sixteen. Man, If that picture didn't get me through it, there was nothing I could do.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 3: You know, we was buying model cars with the glue. I look at the picture. If the picture didn't get me through injured. A lot of my calls have engines in it because that was just a little bit too intricate. I ain't see why we needed this engine. Let me just build this calling out. I just wanted to shell. Yeah, but this little boy is pretty gifted, man, so I had to say that. But well, I bill his little brother. I bought him a lego set because I thought that trade had passed down. He called me back over. That went over, he said, I finished, Papa. I went over to his little ass had built a wall.
Speaker 1: The same things, same thing.
Speaker 3: I said, Okay, I ain't got to worry about paying for your college education.
Speaker 1: Some geniuses over there.
Speaker 2: Really this is not college, all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up with thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew. Is he runs that prank back right after this? You're listening hard Morning Show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. Nephew, what you got?
Speaker 9: I feel like I'm all adopt some children today. I'm calling this man and letting them know I'm adopting his child. Don't know that I had a baby read and when I get over there, this will be adopt Let's go.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach Clarence.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is the Clarence. How you doing, man? This is Robert. Robert. Uh. We were trying to get a schedule with you guys. Maybe we can swing through and uh pick up little Clarence. I guess around six, if you guys are available around six.
Speaker 11: H Okay, Hey, what do you mean picking up little Clarence.
Speaker 10: Well, we got the We got the call that we can come and actually pick up Clarence and and and take him with us if you guys packed his things up yet?
Speaker 11: Oh, Man, got the call from who that you can come pick him up.
Speaker 12: I don't know nothing about this.
Speaker 10: Well, my name is Robert. Robert and my wife and I got the call that we could do. You not know about us adopting little Clarence.
Speaker 12: Oh what the adopting who?
Speaker 10: Okay, wait a minute, are you guys that are you guys that drive?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's that's my address. But uh, what you're talking about?
Speaker 8: You're gonna come take my son from me?
Speaker 10: Okay, but your son is two years old? Right?
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's what that got?
Speaker 11: Would you come to pick up my son?
Speaker 12: And what is this agency's number?
Speaker 10: Uh? Well, the agency told us that what adoption agency? They've got all that information, We've we've filled out all the paperwork, and you guys aren't aware that that we're supposed to come there today to pick him up.
Speaker 12: We don't know what what adoption you said?
Speaker 10: As well?
Speaker 8: How to get my information?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure. We we've got uh pictures of Clarence and and uh you know, my wife is actually going out and bought balloons and everything, and and and we were gonna come through. They told us anytime today, so we felt maybe like around six pm we've come get it.
Speaker 8: Well, no, you ain't coming here to pick up.
Speaker 12: No clans, I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 10: Okay, wait, wait a minute, now this this this, I mean, this can't be happening. Okay, wait a minute. Oh we're having you're you're you're you're clar Senior. Correct, Yes, I am. And you don't know anything about us to come over there to pick the baby up.
Speaker 8: Hell about this?
Speaker 10: See what's the man miss press adoptionations?
Speaker 12: Who bring you my information?
Speaker 8: And how they get my information to come pick up my son.
Speaker 10: I don't know that, sir. All I know is is, uh, we bought a car seat where you know my wife has bought balloons.
Speaker 11: Man, I don't care, y'all bought a car seat, balloon, hotchail whatever.
Speaker 12: He ain't coming to get my.
Speaker 10: Son, Okay, sir, I mean, what I'm not gonna do is tell my wife that we're not coming to get Clarence Junior today.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, y'all you're gonna have to tell her that because you ain't coming here to pick up my sir.
Speaker 10: From with the paperwork that I have, Clarence is actually my son.
Speaker 11: Now, man, you and your paperwork, you ain't coming here to pick up my son.
Speaker 10: Sir Clarence junior is mine. I'm actually gonna change his name to Robert.
Speaker 11: So like here you are, come on over here if you want to come on over here. I'm waiting for you. I'm standing in that way right now.
Speaker 10: Okay, well wait a minute now, the adoption agency tell us that you guys are not doing well financial financial?
Speaker 8: Are you working nine work? Y'all doing anything?
Speaker 12: I ain't gonna get rid of my son just because I ain't working.
Speaker 10: Okay, but boy, budd, so in other words, you're not you're not able to provide for him.
Speaker 12: From what I understand, my son ain't this no mean he got clothes on the back, he got a roof over his head.
Speaker 8: Man, I'm not you ain't coming really pick up my son. I don't care what.
Speaker 12: I got to do.
Speaker 8: Man, I go out cut glasses.
Speaker 11: I make money on the side washing cars and everything.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, about to come here and get my son. But don't you think he deserves a better home? I don't know what the but the screw up is. I don't know what. I'm trying at least rationalize with you so you can understand why me and.
Speaker 11: My wife ask you you ain't coming here and get my son.
Speaker 8: He ain't a good home right now. I love my son. You ain't taking them nowhere. I'm telling him right here in the dry way. Come on over here, sir.
Speaker 10: I don't want to go back and forth, but I am. Me and my wife are coming to get Clarence today.
Speaker 8: Okay, come on, come on, I'm waiting for you.
Speaker 11: I'm already told about two three times.
Speaker 8: Come on, I'll be waiting right here. I guarant you, sir, I.
Speaker 10: Don't want any altercations when I get there. I just want Clarence to get in the car and me and my wife are gonna take him.
Speaker 8: To his new home. When you get it's gonna be one hell of.
Speaker 12: An altercation, so he bite on.
Speaker 8: Come to law.
Speaker 11: Whoever gonna come with you, bring our doccination too so I can whoop that too.
Speaker 10: You know what, man, if you was to be able to provide for your family, wouldn't nobody be trying to adopt your child? The problem is that you can't take care of your family. Now, met my wife coming over there and were coming to get clars.
Speaker 8: Tell you ain't coming down here to get my child.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: As you get down here, on, you ain't your wife up. How about?
Speaker 10: Why were you gonna do what.
Speaker 4: To my wife?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't hear women, but I'm gonna tell you right now, you and your wife gonna come down here. I'm gonna help most of you. Anybody come down here. So I took my child about a mile.
Speaker 12: They gonna get up fan too.
Speaker 10: I'm coming to get it or I got to do what I got.
Speaker 12: Damn.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna tell you right now, you ain't coming down here and get my son. You your wife. I'm telling you nobody's gonna come here and tell me what my disappoint my wife is got my mother. I don't know how you got my all dress. I don't care what the agency you got going through or whatever going on. But I'm telling you right now, you come down here. I don't know up.
Speaker 10: I don't fight to disappoint my wife. Now. This ain't we coming to get.
Speaker 8: I won't give him disappoint went you want this point? I don't get about that. Right now, you ain't about to take my telling about I'm.
Speaker 10: Gonna come and get him out that out And I have told my wife I was coming.
Speaker 8: To get you. Man. I'm telling man, you better tell your wife you come here. Driveway. I'm gonna sit right here waiting for him.
Speaker 10: You know, the last one out up.
Speaker 8: Every last one here. I don't care who he brings. You can blame the President Obama. And I'm gonna to you, ain't finna do now?
Speaker 10: You ain't finna do you.
Speaker 8: Ain't finna trying to sick myself out of your house. I'm gonna tell him riding now, everybody getting I'm any.
Speaker 10: Gonna do it. Let you know this. I'm coming to get Claris Junior.
Speaker 8: You ain't got nothing to tell me or let me know. I'm letting you know.
Speaker 10: Ride now.
Speaker 8: You better come here with the corner and everybody because I'm about you up. You gonna leave here with them.
Speaker 10: Come on, take let me tell you something. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: You can get his clothes today.
Speaker 4: I got that.
Speaker 10: We can tell come in here of a better life. He's not living a good life. There, you get here him on.
Speaker 8: I'm told you about six seven, eight times. Bring me on my dyn mall. When i'm you and everybody whoever you bring down here up?
Speaker 10: You trying to you know who else I'm bringing with me? Because I'm bringing somebody.
Speaker 8: You you better bring an army and say what.
Speaker 10: It better be amy to come down here and get.
Speaker 8: My son about that.
Speaker 10: I'm bringing nephew Tommy with me. I'm bringing nephew Timmy from the Steve Harby more his show with me. Oh man, you lads, this is Timmy. Man, this is a nephew to man.
Speaker 8: Man, I'm not everybody out here. Man, come down and taking my shop.
Speaker 10: Brother, Nay, Benjamin got me to get you dog.
Speaker 8: Oh man, See that's got family.
Speaker 12: Get thee see next time I see him on Man, that was a good one that.
Speaker 10: Oh man, all right, probably tell me one more thing. Man, what's the baddest that I mean, the baddest radio show in the lanes.
Speaker 11: The steams all the morning showed me.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, nephew coming up next, it is asked the CLO you're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, Samuel Jackson was not happy with the media coverage of the NCAA Women's National Championship game. Actor Terrence Howard is suing his former talent agency CIA over his Empire TV show salary, and Mike Tyson says he is scared to fight Jake Paul. We'll talk about all of these stories, but he breaks it down. Though. We'll get into that because right now it is time to s the clo our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. This is from Yo Yo and Port Gibson. Yoyo writes. My husband and I were shopping and he introduced me to a woman that walked up to him. He said, she's a new teacher at our son's school. I want to know how he met her. Since he never goes up to the school, why won't he answer me?
Speaker 3: Well, potter to reason, he won't ask you just because he don't want to explain to you how he knows. Right, I mean what now listen to me, y'all complain about me and lie. Then when we try not to lie, you have a problem with that.
Speaker 1: No, you're missing a very important point. Just tell the truth.
Speaker 3: Well, but see now listen to me. Yes, he know what the truth gonna bring five brimstone, a reign of hell and horror and his life. Yes, but so now let's avoid this question.
Speaker 1: So he's protecting himself.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's protecting her and the marriage.
Speaker 1: Strategy.
Speaker 2: Better work. Boy.
Speaker 3: Woman walked up and he introduced him her as a teacher. From the baby school. How did he know she the teacher and he know ever go to school. See, let me first of all, let me tell you something. This is what happened. However they know each other. She just walked up to her like hello. Now he got turned around to introduced as a teacher up at the boys' school. Now here's what better happened because she going up to the school looking for her. She better be a teacher up at that school. That's number one and then number two. You best believe she ain't through with this hell, oh god.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she was gonna get to the bottom of it first, right then, do you teach? You should give him a quick good lie.
Speaker 2: Hey, bro, bro, you was with the baby somewhere.
Speaker 3: And he said that got my teaching and I walked up.
Speaker 1: Well, too bad he didn't think of that on the spot. Now he's in trouble, all right, moving on to Phoebe and but just delayed.
Speaker 2: Not answering the question. Yes, it is causing him much.
Speaker 3: Hum, geez, young boys, y'all have got to come up with your lies.
Speaker 2: Wing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know where I why y'all ain't into instant lies and come here?
Speaker 2: So you got instant. Y'all got to get this.
Speaker 1: Start practicing by yourself. So say this is from Phoebe and East Saint Louis. Phoebe says, my husband has been popping off at our neighbor for weeks and they finally got into a fist fight. My neighbor one and a few people on our street saw the fight. Things are very tense at home now. How can I help to ease the embarrassment?
Speaker 3: Well, see you popping off, see two dudes popping off.
Speaker 2: It ain't good.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Look bro, you ran your mouth and people on the block saw it and saw it. You got clearly got your ass with it was probably it wasn't even close. It was a clear cut ass because it's your They had they discussing this at the watch party meetings. This is this is this is damn there in the homeowners association they got they got your neighbor's address listed as a potential head of.
Speaker 2: The new watch group.
Speaker 3: Clearly he should be in charge of taking care of his neighborhood because he showed took care of your hood.
Speaker 2: I think what y'all got to do is just let it go.
Speaker 3: I think be best for your husband if he just went over there and made peace with this dude.
Speaker 2: Man, My bad. I shouldn't have said nothing. Man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: We let bygones be bygone, so we canna avoid this, you know, and didn't let the neighbors see him out there talking. Oh yeah, but tell your husband why he talking to the man. Try not to start crying.
Speaker 1: That's on social media.
Speaker 2: Manunk his husbands over there.
Speaker 1: All right. Moving on to newel and Hampton, Noel writes, the man I'm dating has a habit of ghosting me for a few days and then coming back in my life like nothing happened this final time. I blocked him and I avoid him at work. Why would he even try to cheat if he can't juggle me and his wife? Okay, we just say that in the beginning.
Speaker 3: Well sucker punched up said the last minute with that piece of information.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was a cold cock from heavy pop.
Speaker 2: God dog, what's that?
Speaker 3: What if he can't juggle me and his wife, why would he talk Because he can't. He gotta ghost you because he got to go take care of his house. Now, listen to me. Tommy can probably tell you this better. But you're gonna have to learn how to be the side because I keep telling that you are not the chicken. I keep let me listen to me. Man, When you go to KFC or Popeyes, Bojangles anywhere, when you order it's say two piece, three piece, four piece bucket dinner package, then you pick your side. You are a side. You ain't the chicken.
Speaker 1: She was cool with that too.
Speaker 3: So he gotta go take care of the chicken. That's why he ghosted you for two days. Remember who you are. You are the slough coin and rice, mashed potatoes with that light colored gravy, the salad, that little bit of salad than that little styfold couple that lid on it, that had that one half of tomato in it.
Speaker 1: That's you at all.
Speaker 3: That yellow letters, that's you. Ain't no onions in it? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's one radish your side.
Speaker 1: You got a leg a by a wing or nothing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You dirty rice? Probbi still have dirty rice? Yes they in Texas.
Speaker 1: No, they just continued it in text.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. Yeah, you the biscuit.
Speaker 1: They got fries.
Speaker 2: You could be fries biscuit.
Speaker 1: They got macon cheese, man, oh do they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't don't ask why I know the whole menu.
Speaker 1: All right, Noel, I hope you got the message. Come on, thank you, CLO. Coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening morning show. We gotta say congratulations again to South Carolina's women's basketball team for winning the national championship title. Yeah. Head coach John Staley became the first black coach to win three Division I titles, doing all with an undefeated season. I might add during the game, we all noticed how much the media love talking about Caitlin Clark and the Iowa Hawkeyes. Actor Samuel L. Jackson wrote on social media, it is okay to talk about the team that's winning too. That's all right too, you know. In addition, CNN charged they changed the picture from their lead sports story showing Caitlin Clark to the South Carolina players after fans call them out for posting a picture of the losers instead of the winners. Clark has undoubtedly been one of the biggest stars in women's college basketball for the past year. However, when it's South Carolina not Iowa, winning the national championship, it makes sense to want ESPN, CNN and other media outlets to focus more on the undefeated game Cocks there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that would be I mean, you know, look, I got the contribution that Caitlyn made to the game undeniable. I got all that, but I also understand that them game Cocks went undefeated under this year, the undefeated game and won the whole title. You know the pressure that is man in Don Staley's reaction after the game when she just broke down when they was trying to interviewer because her sister was a lot on her man and then even in her graciousness with her acceptance speech while she was up on the stand, she thanked Caitlin Clark for all she's done for the sport. I mean, you know what it is too now, you know, she she did some stuff that hadn't been done before, and you know over the way over there at Iowen, it did a lot for the game. That's good, you know, And she'll go to the next level and she'll be great. There'll be an adjustment. There'll be an adjustment and then she'll be great. But there's gonna be an adjustment because when you go to the w NBA, everybody.
Speaker 1: Good, your own women over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody got shot, everybody good.
Speaker 3: And really the number one three point shooter in the country was the girl from South Carolina. Yep, but she ain't getting anybody mentioned that she's the number one three point shooter in the country and that girl played for South Carolina. They ain't mentioned that, you know. But you can't expect one person to carry a whole league because she's gonna play on one team and she's gonna play one game at a time. The rest of the league flourishes and they've been around for a while now. Yeah, but I will say this though, women, I'm talking to women. You have to be more supportive of women's sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, these these arenas should be full. They should that should be full.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think Houston even has a team anymore.
Speaker 13: You had the comments the NBA we used to be world champions in that one away. But you're right about that. Let's support women's sports.
Speaker 1: And there's something with the pay the the spare.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, yeah, if you can't feel the stands up where it's gonna get you this money from see and then if you don't feel the stands up and you don't get the viewership. Who's gonna advertise, So you see, it's women have a responsibility to each other now because y'all got daughters playing sports. Y'all got daughters that's got to come up and beat greatness.
Speaker 13: And we need the men to support just like women support mens.
Speaker 1: Right, So both right, let's do it. Would you say, Steve, actually on women?
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's really no, I'm telling you the truth. No, it's really on women. You ain't got to ask men to support sports. That's what we do women's sports too. Yeah, no, but you have to support women's sports because it's women. Yeah, more men watching the women's n c a A than than it was women.
Speaker 2: You're right, probably because we do sports now.
Speaker 4: We watched it.
Speaker 3: Because in the minute we find to be in the world of hurt because the NBA Finals is gonna be over with the minute.
Speaker 2: Darts. We're playing darts. Hard to watching damn baseball.
Speaker 3: There's another pitch final ball. Yeah, man, they ain't even excited to be there, border battling out. Howard County is now two and one. Hey did you see the other day?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Hey man, Hey, so Steve, did you spinger?
Speaker 1: Did you see did you see Terrence Howard's recent interview about his lawsuit against c A, A Creative Arts and agency over his Empire TV show salary, Terrence said he was underpaid for his role as Lucia's Lyons. Take a listen as he compares his salary to the cast of the TV show Big Bang Theory. Creative Artists Agency, they represented me.
Speaker 14: They also represented some of the people from Big Bang Theory. They also did the deal with Fox. My show was with Fox, and people in Big Bang was with Fox. We had twenty eight million viewers. They had eleven million viewers. They were getting two million dollars down there, three million dollars an episode. Those white kids that had no name recognition, no Oscar nominations, none of that. We have twenty eight million viewers, and these these jokers are paying me three hundred and twenty five thousand dollars an episode.
Speaker 3: He right, He's one hundred percent correct. Here is what they're going to say to Terrence Howard, as a gentleman told me who I won't say his name because I promised him I wouldn't, but he told me executive, he was president of a network. He said, the reason blacks can't get paid is because blacks are paid from the multicultural budgeting dollars in all of these different ad campaigns, and so you will never be paid what the white counterparts are paid.
Speaker 1: After the hour, National disruptive events yesterday's solar eclipse and last week's East Coast earthquake. We'll talk about it all right after this you're listening morning show. Well, there's a lot going on in the world, including the latest natural disruptive event, yesterday's solar eclipse, where millions of people in the US and the paths of totality witness the Moon appear to entirely block the Sun. It will be twenty years until the next solar eclipse. Other national disasters this past Friday's earthquake in New Jersey and New York. That was crazy. That came from nowhere, was there? Yeah? Yeah, Speaking of earthquakes, a lot of us on this show lived in La a long time. We've been through some serious earthquakes, serious earthquakes. So Steve, any advice, You've been through a lot of LA earthquakes, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, moves.
Speaker 1: My friends did.
Speaker 3: Move from last here. Man, you ain't no warning for the earthquake. Go to Florida. They take you three days in advance from the hurricanes is coming, they talked up and get on up out of there.
Speaker 2: You might have say goodbye to your house. But hey, at least you'll be safe.
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, but earthquakes moved from New Jersey and New York?
Speaker 3: How often do whatever they have them at? I bet I won't be here for the next week.
Speaker 1: And it's not just the earthquakes, it's those trimmers, the aftershocks. Yeah, there's a lot of aftershocks in the Tri Stateium.
Speaker 9: I didn't feel it though I was in Times Square. I didn't feel it. I don't feel it.
Speaker 1: But really, you didn't feel anything.
Speaker 2: But Tommy will sleep though. Once I'm down. I'm down.
Speaker 1: So not even an earthquake and wake you up. I'm crazy. Wow Wow, So Steve says, moved. I had a lot of friends from LA that move, and.
Speaker 9: I stayed my butt in the house for that eclips too. I didn't want no part of that. I didn't want to what they say you could once they said you could be blind.
Speaker 1: If you look up, because once they tell you not to, you're you're compelled to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna you looked at it. No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't look at you.
Speaker 2: A lot of people was in the house.
Speaker 1: An't got time for the week that stuff. I'm getting my glasses. Look, it won't come back again for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I ain't trusted in them glasses. I'm not looking up there.
Speaker 1: I don't need to. So what you're saying, I could possibly go blind.
Speaker 2: Mess around them glasses don't work.
Speaker 1: Then you have your real glasses and looking at.
Speaker 2: Watching this on TV, man, somebody got to recording.
Speaker 1: Of it, and again you cannot drive with those glasses. You cannot dry.
Speaker 7: Y'all to escort me to the stage because I looked up.
Speaker 2: Okay, she got the clip. What what do you see? What?
Speaker 1: It's total darkness right now in these class.
Speaker 9: Right you see the eclipse. If you can't see nothing yesterday you ain't seen nothing. Then white Folk told you.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, you will played on these classes. I got playing. In case you missed the guys, this past Friday was National Tell a Lie Day. Oh Steve, we'll talk about that right after this. You're listening Morning show. Well, in case you missed it, this past Friday, Steve was National Tell a lie day. How in the world do we miss that? It's a day you were there for, you celebrate we all, not a day that gives everyone mission to tell a lie without reason. Here's some interesting facts about lying before we get to everything. Okay, words lie. People tend to lie more in writing than they do face to face. That's what people lie in text messages, on social media and emails.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that they don't know they don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about lies? How about that they hurt they supposed to they heard who the person you're lying to.
Speaker 3: Obviously, lies don't hurt lives save lives, Lies save lives, Lies save relationships, live save jobs, live saves marriages. How do I look today? Set like diggest ada? That's the truth? That what you won't Oh gosh, damn what y'all won't come on? What else?
Speaker 4: All? Right?
Speaker 1: Lies add stress to your life. They can negatively affect your physical health. That's what you have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a lie, absolute healthiest.
Speaker 1: Right now, all things to lies. We're gonna play a game here, Steve. It's called two truths and a lie. I'm sure you've heard about that, where it's where you tell us two truths and a lie about yourself. The idea is to keep the thing similar, so it'll be harder for us to guess if you're telling a liear or not. All right, so go to truth and a lie.
Speaker 2: I'm sixty seven years old.
Speaker 3: I weigh two hundred and eighteen pounds, and I've always struggled with my height.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Why did height have the thing? He could have done anything else. It just had to be hurt, all right.
Speaker 1: The truth is you're sixty seven years old. You are that. That's true? Uh huh, that's the true true. Yeah, you weigh a wait how much he weighs? About to wait to junior, y, Yeah, the height is the lie you've always wait.
Speaker 2: Wait I did? Okay, go ahead, what y'all think?
Speaker 1: I think the weight is a lie?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think the height is a lot?
Speaker 3: See right, to see how good I am? Okay, I'm sixty seven years old. Yeah, I lost thirty pounds. I weighed to eighteen.
Speaker 1: Now that's true.
Speaker 3: And I lied again because I struggled with my height. And I really don't just lying.
Speaker 1: To be lying.
Speaker 13: You're not even playing the game, right, You gotta lie about playing the game.
Speaker 1: But the truth, the height is the lie.
Speaker 2: The height is the lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I've always struggled.
Speaker 2: My height, and I really ain't.
Speaker 1: You haven't.
Speaker 2: I've been told my whole damn life in most rooms I've been in. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't say that for everybody on his zoom. Oh, I was struggling. I thought he was telling the truth about everything. A little fellaw might might have a little problem with this. Hell, but you know, a little fellow what else you got?
Speaker 2: She whatever?
Speaker 1: Two truths and a lie?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm sexy. Oh right there. I can't wait to meet Halle.
Speaker 1: Okay, really hurry, Herry.
Speaker 2: I love y'all.
Speaker 3: Okay, that all three of them was lie.
Speaker 1: Wait to meet now?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, that's a lie.
Speaker 3: You can wait and you will wait because never that's what was the first one you said? You said, you know you know here?
Speaker 2: And what's the last one?
Speaker 1: He said that he loves all of us? Lie?
Speaker 2: You just are liking me a little?
Speaker 1: Wow? All right? Coming up? Coming up the Nephew and Today's prank phone call right after this, You're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after it's my Strawberry letter for today and the subject is big, black, beautiful and broke. Well, we'll talk about that. We'll get into it in just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call. What you got for his neph.
Speaker 2: Surely we got.
Speaker 9: We got a lot going on on these buses, these school buses with these kids. Some of these kids just they just they're just too heavy, you understand, And me being the bus driver, mister Ernest, I can't let these kids get on this bus if they too heavy. They yeah, this is because baby weight.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 9: We oh yeah, yeah, if I put the scale down. And when I put the scale down, here, if your baby get on the scale and your baby too heavy, your baby gotta walk to school.
Speaker 2: You don't get on the bus.
Speaker 9: These big babies are wearing these axles out.
Speaker 2: I can't, we can't. We just can't take it. I can't do. We can't do no more big babies on these buses.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, y'all got the walk we missed. I truly do these kids too big?
Speaker 9: Nowadays? They too big. They don't go outside and play. They sit around and hide playing a video game. We got to get out and walk.
Speaker 2: Baby. Wait, let's go cat though.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach traina police.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is Trina Triina. My name is Ernest, Ernest Murphy down here at the bus barn with the from the school district. Your son is devid Am I right, yeah, okay, Now he's in the fifth grade. I think, yeah, yeah, everything is fired. I think he's on he rides bus ninety, bus ninety three. Does he ride bus ninety three?
Speaker 12: Are you mean yeah?
Speaker 4: Number?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah he does.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now the school board has implemented a new rule and we're having to call a lot of parents and let him know about the new rule for us as far as the buses are concerned. Now, from my understanding, each child that gets on the bus has to weigh less than one hundred and twenty five pounds. That's what the new rule that is implemented by waiting board.
Speaker 15: What do you say that again?
Speaker 4: I feel each child that gets on the bus has to weigh less than one hundred and twenty five parents.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 16: I don't understand.
Speaker 10: So what's okay?
Speaker 16: So what what does that mean?
Speaker 4: So starting on Monday, Starting on Monday, what they're gonna do is they gonna the bus driver will have a scale and he will wait kids so they get on on the bus. I understand. Man. Then the doctor like I say, I'm calling, I'm calling every patent that they wait.
Speaker 15: He said, you're gonna you're gonna weigh my child before he gets on the bus.
Speaker 4: That's that's what the new rute. That's what the new rulee. If he's over one twenty five, then he still either have to wait, so you'll have to take him to school.
Speaker 15: I have a job, Okay, I have a job. I thought to take my kid in school, but doesn't I don't. That's what the bus explores. That's what my tax dollars pay for. The reasoning, the rationale behind this.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me tell you what's going on. From what they're saying, the weight of these children is wearing down these transmissions on this bus, on these buses transmission the transmission that cannot take all of that. So they are limiting the weight of each child. So now how much does.
Speaker 15: This over discrimination? I think that discrimination?
Speaker 4: But that is your son over Is he over one hundred and twenty five pounds?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: He is? Okay, and you're gonna you're probably gonna have to take your son to school or he gonna have.
Speaker 10: To walk running.
Speaker 4: He probably need to walk to school if he already hunting twenty five pounds the accident?
Speaker 16: Are you talking about.
Speaker 4: Them all I'm saying. All I'm saying is if your son is overweight one hundred and twenty five, you know, maybe the exercise are doing good. But like I said that, the school to allow him on the plus.
Speaker 17: Sir, I will not accept this.
Speaker 15: Who do I need to call?
Speaker 11: Is there a manager?
Speaker 15: Is there a city council member? I mean, this is seriously the lowstuf discriminatory practice I've ever heard of. It doesn't even make sense. You're talking about your child.
Speaker 4: I understand, but we're talking about a child way more than a grown person.
Speaker 15: To get What is your name, sir? Tell me your name again.
Speaker 12: My name is Ernest.
Speaker 4: I'm down here at the busball.
Speaker 17: I would like to speak with a supervisor. Like now, you do not get to speak to about my child that way. You can just speak to any kid that way. You should not be working at a school if that is your attitude.
Speaker 4: I now, I don't work at the school. I work at the bus ball, and I'm down here at the bus ball and they gave me your they have a tender day right because you're saying he's over behind in twenty five times.
Speaker 15: I am an absolute shocked.
Speaker 3: This is still okay.
Speaker 4: So do you have a fan child? I mean, do you have scuba? I'm sorry, do you have a big child? Listen?
Speaker 15: What my child looks like, how.
Speaker 16: Much he waits is none of your business. I'm going to call the school. They can be working with your company. If this is the way that you treat people and you.
Speaker 15: Talk about children this way and it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Matter with you, I guess what they're doing is this is the way of them approaching obesity, you know, right, Yeah, to school whoever, whoever? All one hundred and twenty five eleven, the walk they might walk at all? Your son?
Speaker 16: Listen, listen, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Okay, I have to work. My son is getting on that bus, and I'm going to call the school boys and should not be working with you your mother bus company. I don't know what I'm calling the city. I will call remember the city to call that.
Speaker 15: You need to give me.
Speaker 16: A supervisor's name right now, right now?
Speaker 4: Do you think you need to start cooking different, but so devin On, have you know maybe maybe it's taught at home with what you feed me.
Speaker 10: O my body know.
Speaker 15: I am calling the supervisor. I'm calling this the city, I'm calling the school. I'm going to get so fired, like I can't even believe that you're allowed to make this call like our other parents.
Speaker 4: Okay with this, I'm calling. Well, you're on your way to work in the morning training. Do you listen to the Steve Harvey Morning Show?
Speaker 12: Oh my god, yes I do.
Speaker 4: From the Steve Harvey Morning, baby, Yes, yes, yes. Your cousin Vicky got me the prank. Paul call you baby.
Speaker 16: Oh my god, I'm gonna kill.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I mean I was like, oh my god, I love Steve Harvey.
Speaker 16: I love you. I was gonna heard that.
Speaker 4: God, you gotta tell me this baby traina what is the bad and I mean the baddest radio show in the lane?
Speaker 1: She Harvey, You're so wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah that what?
Speaker 9: Go ahead, miss ear. We gotta do some of these big old babies, surety, baby, you're big. They need to get a workout on the way to school every morning. I'm sorry too much.
Speaker 1: I'm an adult and you are breathing me.
Speaker 2: Joe asked the walking. It's Joe bud de walkin Comedy Factory. The Nephew is coming.
Speaker 9: That will be April nineteenth and twentieth, That is Friday and Saturday night. The Nephew is back by popular demand in the b Moo, baby bought the more Maryland take us on seal. Right now, I got another one. I got another one, y'all. This is right here. This is Mayfield, This is single DeMaio, this is Netflix is a joke comedy festival. Netflix is a joke comedy festival that is at the YouTube Theater in Los Angeles, California. It says let them be last, Let there be last. Hosted by Yours truly Nephew Tommy. We got keV on stage. We got Tony Baker, Lavell Crawford, we got JJ Williamson. Oh, we got somebody with a band. Guess who got a band? Fred Hammon in the building? Baby what what? All of it? Hosted by yours truly. Netflix is a joke comedy festival. It is May filth Sunday Night. All of that is by all that by Live Nation. Yeah Heek is on sale right now May Phil in Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 2: Get it, get it giddy.
Speaker 1: That sounds fun, all right, Thank you nephew. Coming up next, it's my Strawberry Letter for today and the subject is big, Black, beautiful and broke. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show. It's time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve BARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 9: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is Strawberry letta.
Speaker 1: Thank you nephew, subject big Black, Beautiful and broke. Dear Stephen Shirley, the love of my life is a six ' four beautiful man that is black as tar with the straightest teeth I've ever seen. He's a singer with no gigs, but I've been patient with him since we started dating because he's a good man. He's messed up his credits so he doesn't have a car right now. I allow him to use my car when he's going to go sing and he brings it back on e because I don't want him to use a little money that he has on gas. I'm twenty nine and he's twenty eight. We moved in together, and my dad stopped talking to me because he knows my man can't take care of me like he should. My mama is my girl, and she encourages me to stick by my man because she said my daddy was about nothing when she met him, and she's the reason he got the good job at the school that he just retired from. I also told my mama exactly why I love my man. What he is lacking in money, he makes up for it in the bedroom. All I can say is that he's big. My mom noticed it one day when he was washing my car, and we got a big laugh out of it. That was the same day she encouraged me to go the extra mile and help this man get on his feet. But then there's the rest of society that judges women for taking care of a man. My man knows that my dad and my friends make fun of me because of him, but he still gets upset when I tell him about job openings that he's qualified for. The first thing that he says is I don't believe in him. It's been almost three years. Have I put in enough time to see that he's not going to change? Should I be patient like my mom said? Or stop supporting him like dad said? Okay, it's been three years. He should be able to show you something by now. If he's not making money singing, he's got to do more like get a job. And he's breaking the basic rules like using your car and bringing it back empty. That's disrespectful. Who does that? I mean, that's the very least he could do. And the reason your dad is not with it is because he's a man. You're his baby. He wants and expects nothing but the best for you. Especially after three years with this man, it's starting to look like tall, dark and pretty teeth is using you. He's young, so I get that he probably doesn't have it all together, but you won't. You won't have anything either if you keep taking care of him. The thing is, he's a singer with no gigs. You said that everyone has to start somewhere, so he's got to figure out how to bring in some income. Until he can start realizing his dream of singing. It's not happening right now, and it could take a long time before he gets his break. If he ever gets a break, that doesn't mean you're charged with taking care of this grown man. I mean, I know your mother is on his team, and she helped your dad early on, but now she's got to look beyond his height and his looks and his sexual prowess and all of that to see if this man is really a good match for her daughter. Period.
Speaker 3: Steve, Well, It's a letter simple for me because I'm a father, period. I'm a dad, and I happen to be a man, and I happen to have been twenty eight and I have happened to have pursued a dream. So I'm all over this letter on both ends. The twenty eight year old and your daddy. Only problem is I've never been beautiful. That's it. I damn show been black and I damn show been broke. So letting me help you understand what you're dealing with. He's six four, blackest tar, straightest teeth I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: He's a singer with no gigs. Let's stop right there.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go out on the limb and say this in case, ain't nobody thinking it. I don't think he's asked saying that. Good right, I'm just going out here right now. He's a singer with no gigs, Lady, he is pursuing a profession that he ain't good at. Ain't nobody asked you to sing at the wedding. Ain't nobody asked you to come over and sing at the old man graduations retirement party. You ain't even been asked to sing at a funeral. And that's why you ain't even really got to be good at the funeral you because they have to be the star that.
Speaker 2: Show is dead.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, you don't even get invited to be that. So he's a singer with no gigs. But I'm patient with him since we started dating because he's a good man. Well, okay, let me hear how good of a man he is. He messed up his credit so he don't have a car right now. Okay, so you got a good man that don't know how to take care of business and ain't got nothing. I will allow him to use my car when he has to go sing, and he brings it back on e Oh, that's a good man right there. Let me drive up all the gas out of my girl's car because I don't want him to use the little money.
Speaker 2: That he has on gas. Well, what is he using the little money on.
Speaker 1: His teeth?
Speaker 3: Some more off of that black s ski in its tall teeth whitenel damn show. I ain't spending it on singing lessons. So I'm just trying to figure out. I'm trying to get the good man. I'm twenty nine here, at twenty eight. We moved in together, and my dad stopped talking to me because he know my man can't take me and tear me like I should.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, I'll give you the rest of it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to figure out how he a good.
Speaker 1: Man though, Right, all right, we'll have part two of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter, Big Black, Beautiful and Broke. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show. All right, Steve, come on, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is big, black, beautiful and broke.
Speaker 3: Here's this girl that's dating this six foot folk beautiful man that is black as tall, with the straightest teeth she's ever seen. He's a single with no gigs. I went out on the limb on the last break and said, well, I don't think he's sang that damn good because most singers that don't have gigs, it's probably cause they can't sing. Ain't nobody finn to pay you to sit up and bring your black ass down here. We look at your teeth. That ain't what we finn to do. I ain't got five hundred for you to come down here. He is up here showing his teeth, can't sing at all. But see he thinks he big, black and beautiful, so he thinks his beauty gonna get him a singing contract.
Speaker 2: It don't.
Speaker 3: Now you've been patient with him since he been dating because you say he's a good man. Well, I want you to show me how he's good a man. Well let's go. He messed up his credit so he don't have a car right now. All right, So this good man, he don't take care of business and he ain't got nothing. Okay, that's a good man. Okay, let's read on. I allow him to use my car when he got to go sing and he brings it back on E because I don't want him to use a little money he's got on gas. Good man, little money, use up all your gas, bring your car back on East. So now he riding around town flexing. God, everybody need to see these teeth. I'm twenty nine, twenty eight.
Speaker 2: We moved in.
Speaker 3: Together, and my dad stopped talking to me because he know my man can't take care of me like he should, as your father should, as I would. I'm not co signing. No dude that can't take care of my daughter. Man, you must be out your mind. I'm not finna shake your hand, tell you good luck.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: My mama is my girl.
Speaker 3: Now here's a perfect example of when it's time to stop being friends and you should be a parent. But my mama and my girl. She encouraged me to stick by my man because she said my daddy wasn't about nothing when she met him, and he's the reason he got the good job that he had at the school that he just retired from. Yeah, but your mama didn't stay with him three years though, and your daddy wasn't riding your mama coattail for three years. Yeah, and your daddy wasn't bringing your mama car back on. Ea. See, your mama ain't telling you this hire part. She telling you to stand by your man. But your man needs to stand up. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I also told my mama exactly why I love my man. What he is lacking in money, he makes up for in the bedroom. All I can say is that he's big. Okay, well, okay, that's they're really close. Huh Okay. You then told your mama he big girl. And then and then my mama noticed it one day when he was washing my car. He just all his shorts was shortened. She just saw that, and she said, and we laughed real hard, you know, you know, you know, but but he was washing my carter. You know why, washing your car because he ain't got no damn car. That same day, she encouraged me to go that extra mile and help this man get on his feet. Okay, but is he trying to stand up though, or is he just laying over there on you? But then there's the rest of society that judges women for taking care of a man.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, sorry.
Speaker 3: When a man has two jobs that are undeniable jobs, and all of us have to fulfill this. A man's job is if he can't do nothing, he gotta do these two things. Provide and protect. Protect and provide to provide somebody's daughter with a sense of security, a shoulder to lean on and arms to run too. And somebody pick up your slack. Where if you just feel like today I want to be a girl, maybe going over there. I got this, but that ain't what you got. My man knows that my dad and my friends make fun of me because of him, but he still gets upset when I tell him about job openings that he's qualified for. You know what, because you sick of taking care of him. So now you sitting up in here laughing because he's big and he washing your card. He take care of beers in the bedroom too bad, y'all can't spend y'all life in the bedroom. Huh Yeah, See life start when you get out the bedroom. Now you tell him about job openings he qualified for, but he don't want to hear that because he big, black, pretty straight teeth and he.
Speaker 2: A non singing ass singer.
Speaker 3: Now he want to keep singing riding around it, Yo, damn card bringing it back on the flex and letting everybody see the white ass teeth he got. But you can't sing first thing, he says, I don't believe in him. What hell, it's been almost three years. You say it's been three years. Have I put in enough time to see he's not going to change? Do it look like he trying to change? Does he look like he trying to provide for you? Or does he look like he's enjoying riding round in your car black ass tar, riding round t sparkle like stars. But he's sitting up in here bringing it back on Eve.
Speaker 2: I am still hoping you.
Speaker 3: Man's merized by my pretty teeth. I'm sitting up in here going nowhere fast, but I'm counting on you to not remember my past. I messed up my credit. I don't have a car, But if you let me lay on you a little bit longer, baby, we gonna go far. I could finish this poem and write a whole lot more, But why would I do that? Because there's nothing in store?
Speaker 1: Coast comments on today's Strawberry Letter Yeve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app for it never sounded so good. You can download it today. Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, it is Junior and Sports Talk. Right after this. You're listening Hard Morning show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. What you got junior?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, congratulations to the women's national champions the game Cocks South Carolina. Yeah, old hour, And you know what, man, let just go ahead, just give it up for don Staley because when she was crying at the end, that means she really.
Speaker 2: Had an impact with these girls.
Speaker 7: She really did what she had to do with those young girls to go undefeated. And you know what she is not if I'm done, I'm going in there right now today and I'm asking for more money right now.
Speaker 2: I want some more money. Oh, they're gonna have to give it to him.
Speaker 1: Three national championships, did go asking?
Speaker 3: Woman right now is turning out to be one of the great legendary coaches in all of basketball. You don't do this type of stuff. She lost four starters last year, she sure did. And you don't talk about that enough. You're right, And then when all these games.
Speaker 7: And then one of the title and yeah, and you know what, she was so gracious to Kaitler Clark. I'm talking about from the championship pope, and you gave your opponent that much praise, That's that's unheard of. Most people take that moment for themselves, and she shared it for that girl because Kaylen Clark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a classic.
Speaker 1: Because whatever you want to say about Kendler Clark, she did change basketball for women. She really did.
Speaker 7: Her and Angelies and all of them, because women's basketball is almost damn near bigger than means. I'm gathering the viewership is there, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's there.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's always there.
Speaker 7: And you know another thing too, I'm gonna say this too, Tyra Eastan of the Houston Rockets. If you listening to this show, I mean, is again, were playing Orlando, don't you post a damn thing I forgot? Don't post nothing, don't say nothing, don't miss nobody else.
Speaker 1: Don't even say nothing. Jalen Suns, don't say nothing.
Speaker 7: Just put you on somebody take his phone right now before the game.
Speaker 2: Boy, you know what Junior is talking about.
Speaker 3: Everybody is the player on the Houston Rockets that posted something about Warrior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on and play. And that happened a week ago, and now he's still mad.
Speaker 7: I'm still mad about to cary that.
Speaker 3: Up because you don't even know who Tory Lane is, because he don't even play toy.
Speaker 2: He don't even play.
Speaker 7: He got twenty one minutes for the whole season his off which the last week of the NBA. Don't post nothing, don't say nothing, don't talk to nobody.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, if you want to impress me, you want to talk me. Taught me with a substitution that what I want to see get in the game.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: And you better not be on the Rockets roster next season.
Speaker 6: We don't.
Speaker 2: Just try to connect your anger to something.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to him, and I'll be in Houston in two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'll be a high clark. Come fine, that's why I get your ass.
Speaker 1: Whoop now, I promise been up.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody feeling help you?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: We can't get to you in Houston? What all up in these professional athletes face? You aren't cut for this now. You know you could run a little farty, but that's about you know.
Speaker 2: You woun't even sound threatening.
Speaker 13: Note going over at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Man on social media, Steve needs some advice. He says his girlfriend thinks he's seating with his auntie. What we'll talk about this. You're listening morning show, all right, So Steve, this is from Terry and Steve Harvey FM. Terry says, what was supposed to be a magical romantic moment, Uh, well, it turned into an emergency room visit over the weekend, and now that's turned into a nightmare. A lot happened that night. I hurt my back. Anyway, while I was in the e R. I gave my girlfriend my phone. She used that time to go through my text messages and now she's upset and calling me a cheater. And the other woman is in reality my auntie, Peaches. She is mad because I told her that I quote love her and can't wait to see her in a few weeks. These arguments have been crazy. How much time is worth investing in this? It feels like this is a big old red flag from someone who's been seriously damaged in the past.
Speaker 2: Well don't.
Speaker 3: First of all, if you have nothing, then you in the clear, right. But you bought this on yourself. How so you gave yourself Everybody ain't going for this, aunt Peaches. I'm gonna tell you that right now.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I ain't never said that to now one of my fat I have ever seen a blow peach boy.
Speaker 2: Hell no, everybody, I have a mid named Peaches.
Speaker 3: Well all the peach preacher, Preacher, Preacher, preacher, the last preachures I've met.
Speaker 1: I gave money to hell So what should he do? He wants to know, is it worth investing in this RelA dog?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, man, if you I don't know how it is, but you know, look, first of all, you got to quit setting yourself up for failure. But all some women come with some baggage, man, and it can be worked through. She just got to learn to trust again, that's all you gotta admit it. Do sound a bit shaky.
Speaker 1: But you to my auntie and I'll see you soon. I can't wait to see you.
Speaker 3: Got First of all, you gotta get on Peach on the phone to help you out. That's the only way you go. You gotta get a un peach on his phone. How he heard his back.
Speaker 2: Was different though, Yeah, that's what I'm trying. He heard his back. He didn't want to put that in the letter, he.
Speaker 1: Said, I heard my back anyway while I was in the e er. He just kind of brushed over that, right. I gave my girlfriend my phone. Are you and y'all young?
Speaker 2: It did something stupid?
Speaker 4: Are you own?
Speaker 1: But here's a clue.
Speaker 9: It was that Huh they got a front they got a front pocket on that gown.
Speaker 2: You could have put that phone up in that front pocket.
Speaker 1: Oh, in the hospital room in the er what but s I was saying, here's a clue to what may have happened. It was supposed to be a magical, romantic moment.
Speaker 3: Magical what happened didn't work out? That where he don't have the skill set people like you see dog, you on the vacation, you're trying to have magical moments and you want to try something like doknob died. You know, you got to know, you know, when you you nick it and you put your foot up on that doughknob to dive off onto the bed, First of all, you gotta have strong, stronger killers and then no toes gotta be grab that doknob and then when you jump, you got to you gotta have a strong back because you're gonna be an ass and damn there crack his back trying.
Speaker 2: He don't have it, shull, he gonna have it that.
Speaker 3: You gotta have old school love skills, you army crawling up to the bed.
Speaker 2: You gotta have experience like that.
Speaker 3: Then you come up on the bottom of the bed, especially if you're at a hotel, you gotta untuck that bed at the bottom, because they tucked that in real you tall.
Speaker 2: Your feet down there.
Speaker 3: Man, you break your toes trying to sleep under there on your back. Always got to pull that bottom out. This sounds claustrophobic. This is what happened to tall people don't work.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, what more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after the hour right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, So this week pro golfers will compete at the Masters Tournament in Augusta, Georgia. Amid intense training. Tiger Woods, who is a five times Master champion, has eliminated sex. So while he's training, no sex, okay, usually get it in. He wishes not to be distracted from accomplishing his goals or physically drained to do and complete all eighteen holes one of Tiger's buddies told the New York Posts quote, he's working really hard in the gym, he's eating right, He's focused. No sex until the tournament is over. He doesn't want anything to take away his focus.
Speaker 3: Tiger, don't nobody care but about your sex, laft, but just go ahead, and I wish you could win one.
Speaker 2: Mom. I just his health throw his back.
Speaker 1: But wasn't he having sex before it? When he was winning? Wasn't he a lot of right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to get back to them. Yeah, I'll get back to them glory days. Plus he's single too.
Speaker 2: I'll be all down a hooda.
Speaker 3: He wasn't down there he wanted. He wasn't with all them top quality. He had that one, the one lawyer girl, but the rest of them was walking out. Yeah, he was just he was just picking them off at late night, eating down then just down there, just changing lives and just bringing them up. Let me get and the lady and all down there, picking women, all their bodycute, jointing up all night. Dennis good, they're talking about them. Hell, hey, talking about the Grand Slam.
Speaker 2: I'm tired.
Speaker 1: Thirty three minutes after the hour. We'll play around him. Would you rather. Right after you're listening Hardy Morning Show, it's time for another round of would you rather? Would you rather be twenty five years old for the rest of your life? Or would you rather be forty five for the rest of your life?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: Five?
Speaker 2: Quarter five?
Speaker 1: Forty five five?
Speaker 6: Steve?
Speaker 2: Hell? Yeah, I have some money then, yeah, not broke twenty five? Hell no, Junior? Are you forty five yet?
Speaker 1: You're forty five?
Speaker 9: Right now?
Speaker 1: I'll stay right here. Okay, Oh, it's a good age.
Speaker 3: For you, jun No, I wear my forty five, My my forty five, Junior. Let's let's be clear now, yeah, yeah, let's yeah, let's not switch people now it's my forty five. But I don't want to be involved. I want to do forty five?
Speaker 2: But can I? Can I pick new people? Don't? Hell? I just go back to forty five and make all kinds of new choice.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have a messy house that you're not responsible for cleaning or would you rather have a clean house that is only cleaned by you?
Speaker 4: What? Now?
Speaker 1: Should you want your house to be messy and you're not responsible for cleaning it, or would you rather have a clean house that you have to clean yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's gonna be messy and I ain't responsible cause we're gonna get somebody in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not clean enough. No damn house. I'm telling you that right now.
Speaker 3: I told my wife that when we got married, you canna ask me to do anything you won't do. But I'm not doing no damn house. I'm not picking up, no launch, I'm not vacuum and I'm not.
Speaker 2: Vacum.
Speaker 1: A vacuum you with a vacuum.
Speaker 2: I just don't a vacuum. Yeah, I would love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dog, I wasted some uh something in the floor one time, like some coffee grinds, went everywhere and all over the house one time, just a long time ago, just looking for a vacuum clean.
Speaker 2: May you say what you're looking for? A baby?
Speaker 3: I said, vacuum clean. She says, Steve, we have central fact lord in the Okay, Well, what what is that though?
Speaker 2: Where is it? She said? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah? She said, have you not seen the house keep? It's what they do, you vacuum. And I never paid attention to what it was where the holes was at. I thought it was always thought it was in the other room.
Speaker 1: Vacuum in the closet.
Speaker 2: Thought it was a eureka, man, I've been looking all up dusty.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up our last break of the day and some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, this is our last break of the day and it is time or some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been a good day. Let me ask you, guys a question, just off the top of your head. What do you all and anybody can answer this question. What do you think is probably the number one cause that gets in the way of people moving forward or what has gotten in the way of you over the years from moving forward, Because I mean it happens to all of us, myself included. I'm just asking a question to the crew.
Speaker 1: Fear of failure, tell your fear of.
Speaker 2: Success, sometimes trying to fix the past, wow, and lack of faith.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, let me address three things. This is actually I'm gonna try to do this quickly. Let's talk about fixing the past. Let's talk briefly about fear, and let's talk about the fear of being successful. Let's start with the fear of being successful. A lot of people have a fear of becoming successful because they're not sure of the requirements that will be placed on them once they become successful. Some people think that they won't be able to handle the regiment of being successful, and that right there is you're not understanding how God works. God never puts you someplace He doesn't prepare you to be. Do you understand that as you become successful that you're going to be tested.
Speaker 2: You're going to be challenged.
Speaker 3: You're going to be faced with all types of situations that will better you, equip you, and make you the experienced person that you need to be to be in the place that you're going to finally wind up in. Stop being afraid of success and understand that God is not going to put you in a room that you're not qualified or equipped to be in. That's for starters. Now, let's talk about fixing the past. You ready, you can't?
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: You get no do overs in life.
Speaker 3: The problem that people have when they try to fix the past is because they are surrounded by people who are constantly reminding them the past and telling them you're not this, and you're not that, and you can't do this because you did that, and I remember when you did that. When you remove those people from your life who are constantly trying to remind you of your past, you will.
Speaker 2: Then lose the need to have to fix it.
Speaker 3: See, but you have to fix it when there are people in your life and including you, who keep.
Speaker 2: Bringing the past to the forefront to put it in your present.
Speaker 3: That's why the Lord's prayer is simple, give us this day our daily bread. The Bible very rarely talks to you about your past, because it's been forgiven, it's done. I haven't read a whole lot of scriptures to help me with my past. I read a lot of scriptures that talk about now. I read a lot of scriptures that talks about faith, the belief in things that you cannot see, trusting in his word, holding on to his unchanging hand, realizing that all things are possible through him. I read a lot of scriptures about that. But nothing is more prevalent in our life today than the Lord's prayer, which clearly says, give us this day our daily bread. Because tomorrow you have no control over now. You can have hopes for tomorrow, You can have plans for tomorrow. You can have visions and aspirations for tomorrow. But everything about tomorrow, which I have finally learned should be, should be tempered with the remark if it's God's will and in God's timing. That way, it releases me from having to be worried about the timing of an event, because just because it's been denied, just because it's been delayed aid, does not mean that it's been denied.
Speaker 2: I had to learn that, so fixing your past can't be done. What's done is done.
Speaker 3: First thing you want to do about fixing the past, remove people from your life who are constantly reminding you of your past. And then, secondly, forgive yourself, just as God has done. I used to do it to myself all the time. Even at my daughter's wedding, I made the statement, I said, I've spent all of my adult life trying to fix the mistakes I made as a young man. You know what Bishop Jakes told me, who was at my daughter's win He said, you too hard on yourself. He said, you too hard on yourself. You need to stop doing that to yourself, Steve. And he was right, because I keep trying to do that, and I had to stop and last, but not least, let's just talk about fear itself. The majority of us have a fear of success and a fear of failure because we don't have a strong enough relationship with God. I'm telling you, man, God erases fear. God puts you in a comfort zone. I mean, if you think about it just for a second. Everybody, everything that you've ever gone through, and I've said this, I can't tell you how many times on the show. Everything you've gone through, every challenge you've ever had, every setback, every hardship you've managed somehow to this point to get past all of them. Your track record for surviving rough days and challenges is one hundred percent. Why would God not continue to do that for you? Lose your fear because God is near. Lose your fear because God is near. Those are the three things I wanted to address. Thank you for giving me those closing remarks.
Speaker 2: I have a great day. Talk to God. He love to hear from you. See you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye for all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show