Juan Granados: Hi, at 7:40. So that means in 10 hours, you will be no less in 9 hours and 20 minutes. Yep, you'll be heading off into the trip flying down in Melbourne first and then Brazil. But Santiago then. Santiago then Brazil. So we gather around a couple of people. So if you're watching this in the video, good luck to you. This is gonna be it's wild. If you're in the audio, even worse, you're probably gonna just hear like noises and clinking and that's gonna be all 5 people in the studio right now. Obviously, myself and Karen. Yeah. Karen. Yeah. Yep. And if you can't can't hear for some whatever reason, if you're in the live, that's what this is what happens. What we got? Brady. Brady. Rachel. Steven, which sometimes we'll be talking about them. So you might know them from passing by and talking with the mere mortals. Honestly, I was thinking about how do we begin talking like, oh, tell me about yourself. Tell me about not fuck that. Right? We're all friends. We knew each other from high school. We've known each other for 15 plus years. Right? So it's been a hell of a long time. What I wanted to start in relation to the fact that Karen's about to travel, right? Is I was in this dimension earlier. Just give us the best travel story that you've had so far in your life. I'm gonna start with Brody because you're ready. You've traveled a lot of fucking time. You literally just came back from New Zealand as well. So Brody from Brody Place. Give me your straight up. What's what's the best travel story so far so far?
Unknown: Oh, I can't even think you should have given you should have given me the questions before so I could I would have time to prep and think about it. Yeah, I would have been like go Bob bang bang bang. Or something that's funny that's happened.
Juan Granados: So it has to be funny. Good. Something good. Yeah. I I think good stuff. It just goes You're in Iceland, man. What happened in Iceland?
Unknown: Oh, what happened in Iceland? Oh, I think in Norway, when went to Norway, we did the Trolltunga hike, which is about I think it's 25 k hike from memory. And it's not it's not like a very strenuous hike, but the the views you get at the end of that goes over this big cliff edge and you can see a lake and then the mountains up on the other side. And that was a pretty awesome, view. Some park, I thought. It's yeah. That was probably like a good moment, like a fun a fun hike, a good like it was a whole day that Sam and I did on that.
Juan Granados: Yeah. Because basically all the travel that you guys do at the moment, there has to be a hike. Yeah. Typically,
Unknown: we're talking about while I was kind of alluding to going to Japan again next year for some snowboarding. So that would be definitely no hiking unless we do some be a second time in Japan snowboarding?
Juan Granados: Yes. You've been in Japan once. So you may just hike up the mountain and I've been 3 times already. So that'll be my 4th time back to Japan if I went snowboarding. Yeah. To panophiles. Okay, that's good. Mitchell, you've been once what Japan? I've been once we were supposed to go twice. Been once we always we've gone and Steven you haven't been at all. Japan. We're supposed to go on COVID. I'm didn't go. Cool. Okay. That's good. Rachel, you Best travel story or moment or trip? Yeah,
Unknown: I think so one of the most recent ones, when, we went to Tasmania, Jill and I, And it was it's a really cool experience going around the island, but one of my goals was to go to Cradle Mountain. Mhmm. And so we rock up there the weather wasn't too good. Right? And we go to the information center. It was like Was it snowing? It was storming. It was it was slightly snowing and went dormant. We got an information center, and all the people walking there was, like, don't do it. Like, just go for a short hike and, you know, half an hour max, and that's what you can do. So we were talking. I lost interest, and then Jill was still talking to the, the guys, and I just went to buy a snow gear and, like, gloves and,
Juan Granados: Did you not take any?
Unknown: I didn't have that many. But, What do you mean? Oh, I will, and then Oh, you had none or you had some with you and you were talking about I had some, but I was like, the weather's, crap, but like, the advice was not to do it, but I was like, no, Safi, like, we will do it. Do it. So, and Jill looked back and she saw me buying all these things. She said, what are you doing? I'm like, we're going. So we went and then midway through, we started like snow storming a little bit. Yeah. And, we were probably not prepared, like, in terms of equipment and whatnot, but, and
Juan Granados: I think, But you made it back obviously because you're alive. Yeah.
Unknown: Exactly. And and Jill was there like, we're gonna die. I'm like, no, no, no, we're not gonna die with
Juan Granados: Keep on going. That's like a mental story. Well, if everyone, my Strava profile picture is of me at Cradle Mountain up at the top point when it was snowstorm, I took my shirt off, my jumper off and everything. I just walked through the snowstorm. There you go. It's okay. It's fine. Yeah. So you can survive. Yeah. Exactly. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I always used to think it would be easy to just walk up a mountain.
Unknown: So Mount Fuji on the side of a mountain. Yeah. Mount Fuji, for example. Yeah. People are like, oh, yeah. You need to prepare for that or something. But it's like it it's what? Like, 5 hours to get up there or 6 hours or something? It's not it's not too much. Yeah. I think I remember. And I never thought about the cold, but I was always like, you know what? The cold wouldn't be too too bad or anything like you're just walking around, it'd be fine. Since we did the the cold plunge in Total Fusion, I'd I'd take that back. You know? I I will never I will never underestimate the cold again because that was messed up. Have you done a cold show? Well, I have done it, but I I remember I I came after you guys have been, I came in and then, like, we went into this session together. I wish I'd been there for the the cold plunge because me and Chill
Juan Granados: won. Right? I did. He won this. I did win that. He won the raffle. He won the raffle. I guess He didn't win the cold plunge. But he but he won No. Hold on. Hold on. I said half an hour then. He won he won just by not you know by default. He won by luck like to pure luck. For me, I was gonna say with the, coal plant. So you you haven't done it? Well, I've done the th
Unknown: 7 at Westend. Oh, yes. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. That hot cold one there. Yeah. Talking about.
Juan Granados: The sorry. I've, I've been talking about it on the podcast, and I won't call the name out. EMS. EMS. EMS Australia. I've been going there for the last 2 weeks and I've already quit. I've already said to them like, oh, I don't wanna go back anymore, but we got 2 more weeks here. And this week is a bring your friend for free. And they do have a cold plunge that goes to I think it's 10 degrees though. So it's not I think total fusions I went to was 8 degrees. Yeah. However, it does feel slightly colder than the total fusion. I don't know why. But I have found it, is it cheating? Is it cheating? I go in there after a workout. I'll sit down with the phone watching a video. I'll like slide in there slowly, like asshole first and then the rest of my body. And then it slowly cools me down. But then when you sit in there, you kind of a series, you go down slowly. Same thing with hot water. Have you not ever done this with like bathwater when it's really hot? And you go in the
Unknown: office. This is a Colombian thing. Do these have people taking attendance? Like watching you? They did it. Yeah, like a total fusion did not at the EMF Brisbane. They just kinda
Juan Granados: like go for your life and just go and die hypothermia. Yeah. Settle on top of the cold bodies. Keeps your head out. Yeah. They do. And again, I'm gonna call them out. So there's probably gonna be just it's kind of so well slash calling out emf Brisbane. The other thing they have is right. They told me 2 things. They told me 1, you can do Olympic lifting at the top, right? It's in an it's in a work building where they have no reinforced flooring. How many floors is it? It's 4 floors. EMS on the top floor. EMS on 4 floors, the first four floors and then its workspace is all way up and ecos like motherfucker way worse in this room and terrible for Olympic lifting. Don't go there for that. Go if you want to get like other things, but then they specifically told me, hey, our staff hours are 5 AM to 9 PM or Yeah. Or 8 PM. Right. Easy. I was like, cool. I get there around, you know, 4:35. So I can use the massage guns because I've got a massage gun area. The cold plunge to sauna. Awesome. I can use a little bit of that maybe before going in. As soon as I sign up and as soon as they open up, they go, oh, open hours at 6 AM now. Like stopped hours and I was like, fuck. So I can get in earlier because of 7, but they don't open all those facilities until later. So is that because of you? No. Definitely not. Definitely not. Almost not. Almost only. But no. No. Definitely not. Sorry. That's problematic. However, what they do leave open, so going to your point about how safe this is, the room that you can get into even though they tell you, oh, you can't go in there, but it's open not locked and on is a snow room. So you can go into the snow room, which is negative 5 degrees or negative 10 degrees. And you can go in there on your own unstaffed whenever you want. Where nothing? That seems a little bit, I go into a mando. Yeah. I walk around the mud floor in my manduette. I just go around everyone. So I was like, I'm just gonna go do that. Yeah. So Juan was saying how he found out how to,
Unknown: plug his own music into, and so he was just blasting his own music throughout the gym. Basically sounds like it was becoming your den. It was. It was. 1 walking around in underwear
Juan Granados: and blasting Plasting my music, which was really fun until a particular point. I'm like, it's just it's not enough. There's a lot of things going on. It's it's just not enough. But hold on. Back on topic. Steven, best trip, best memory.
Unknown: We'll we'll get back into in a second before we get off. Paul Bear wanted to know about the mental process of going through a cold plunge. How would you be doing this and how often?
Juan Granados: Oh, I mean, let's remove away the physicality of it of, like, what it benefits are and whatnot. But mental, I think you'd just have to be, well, when we were doing it, did you find it was for me it was just too You're easier with friends. Well, one easy with friends. Sure. 2, well, because you're kinda like, oh well, Steve is doing it. He might be 42% body fat. That's fucking doesn't matter. I can shit in for it. You. I think we have the numbers. If you if you have people, if you have people makes it easier. But it'd be more it's the apprehension of doing it than it is doing it. It's hard. I'm pretty sure man show entered 1st and me second. Or maybe
Unknown: he hinted before me. I entered first to see man show suffer made it easier for myself.
Juan Granados: So okay. Mentally, if you see someone suffer worse than you, it's like, okay, it can't be that. No, no, no. Just just mention. Just mention, sorry, okay. I was really surprised that Steven like not, he didn't suffer at all. Like I was like, he didn't suffer at all. Steven took it really well. Yeah. He took it the best out of the half hour. Okay. Out of everyone, who do you think would have who would you have predicted would bitch and complain the most? Mitchum. Yes. Mitchum for sure. But he won the raffle. But he won the raffle. I I think if I had to say who was gonna stay there the longest He is called. Could've? It would have been me or Steven. Yeah. I wouldn't. Unlike I think Steven would have bested us all out for sure.
Unknown: I think Steven was, you know, because like the thing is Steven after the plunge, he didn't shiver. He was just like no He was pretty stoic. Yeah. And everyone at Inside he was shivering. Everyone of us, like, was shivering, was struggling after the plunge, but Steven was just like, I could feel it. Yeah. 7. I mean, I think mentality How long did it last for? A few hours. Few hours after. You're still Despite going elsewhere. And I drove away.
Juan Granados: That particular day might have been like 30 degrees, 31 degrees. I drove away windows up. No aircon just in the heat of the car. And I was like, I can't even feel the heat. It's just like cold. Yeah. Really calm.
Unknown: So when I did it with Sam, we went to t h 7. It was like hot, hot, cold. So you just had to keep swapping. It was like, we did a it was like a rehab one. And so I think we spent 3 or 4 minutes in the the cold and then maybe 2 minutes in the hot. And it's yeah. It's the going in, like, as you're, like, about to go out of the hot back into the cold. It's like, like, that's the you gotta get that's probably part once you're in Well, I see this because
Juan Granados: I don't know you and the contrast style thing with the cold hot. With the cold hot, you're there for 3, 4 minutes then you go into the hot. You straight away feel like that tingly sensation where it's a little bit of immediate. You go into the hot. You feel like this tingling on your body. You get that, you get what we get that feeling of, oh I feel a little bit cooler. Then you warm up. When you do it for 30 minutes, you go into the, yeah. It's a different thing. Yeah. You don't feel hot, you feel colder. You actually get colder because of the difference between your external and the internal. But for my sister who asked that question as well, at least for me, I don't know if you guys felt it, but my fingers started to slow down in terms of the speed that I was able to do it. So it was like definitely starting to be like hypothermia style of onset. Do you guys know what death gripping is? Death gripping? Have you heard of this before? No. No. No. This sounds sexual. Yeah. It is sexual. Okay. No. Steven knows. Choking the chicken. Yeah. What? Sorry. What? Steven. I've heard choking the chicken. But
Unknown: choking. Death groups is one of my favorite brand bands, but current current is talking about something else. Death death gripping is when, you grab the penis so hard Jesus Christ. That and as you're doing it, you know, that that it you're, like, desensitizing yourself. I I Oh, to, like, improve your ability to No. It's it's not a good thing. It's a bad thing. If you if you're depth gripping, it's it's basically, Cutting off circulation. Yeah. Yeah. It's it's essentially, yeah. Yeah. You're you're making it harder for you to enjoy sex, for example. Paul's got some crazy laugh reacts going on right now. But, anyway, you won't be death gripping if you, if you've done a cold
Juan Granados: for a while because you're like Oh, no. Nothing's not getting me. Oh, yeah. Nothing's a death gripping. Well, I mean, you're not gonna go to death gripping. You'll just be holding on to CNN. You'd be like, where's it going? It would literally feel like Joe the same day. It would feel like Joe the same day. This is Joey's life. This is Joey's life. Shout out, Joey. Shout out, Joey. Steven, your travel. See you. Travel shit.
Unknown: I haven't traveled all that much. And I the one thing that comes to mind is something that will remain in this circle only. It's when these guys will know what I'm talking about. But when I got accosted by some strange lady at 3 a. M. In Sydney, yes. And you'd think that sounds really, like, disgusting, but it I swear it was m 15 plus. And somewhere along the way, I got hold of her ID and I found her name and address and yeah, that's the end of it it for this show. So
Juan Granados: sorry for those of whom you don't know, Steven is now married and 2 kids with this particular woman. No. Right. So yes, no. We do know that particular story, but yes, that that was when you presented that story, I know it was was it you and me, Brodie and Manchin? Were you guys there? I remember all the same was yeah. I think that story beginning in that exact same way too. It was like I was accosted at 3 in the morning by a lady in New South Wales. That's how it began. So you knew it was gonna be good. All right, Melivone, phone. Best moment so far in your travelling histories and travel times of your times what's what's the what's the standout?
Unknown: Because my mic is still awful jump onto 1 for a sec. Look, nothing can compare to just seeing the most crazy shit that you've ever seen in the nature spectacular type of way. So for this instance, it was seeing it's called fuego in Guatemala. It's like a light volcano. You're on the dormant volcano next to it super safe, right? Like it's not like they would have interconnected tunnels or stuff beneath them. And yeah, just camping on that and watching that in the explode during the night and just seeing like the rocks and hot showers come now is, yeah, it's it's cool as shit out. And how far is the dormant volcano from the actual active one? It's really close visually because it's such a big thing. Yeah. It's probably like, I don't know, a kilometer or 2 from peak to peak maybe or maybe even less than that. But you're essentially like you're up, but you're looking out and you're just saying. Yeah. Yeah. You never at all felt apprehensive camping there. You sleep there overnight? Yeah, I slept there overnight. Not too much, even though a year prior some people had died because it kind of erupts kind of like a volcano does. Was there a typical time in the year and you happen to be in the off peak or anything? I don't know. I was just it's it just goes all year round. And the yeah. If it just like explodes more violently, the smoke can come down. I think it actually didn't, didn't kill the people on the volcano next to it. It just pushed all the smoke and stuff down to like a small village that was down the bottom. Is this smoke is and then they kills you? Yeah. Yeah. I think it suffocates you. Yeah. It's like the. Sulfa and. Yeah. All kind of cash and stuff like that.
Juan Granados: Okay. But obviously, man of the mountain. So now moving into Brazil. Right. I don't know if you actually know fully, I guess, what current strip is entailing to be. No worries. He's heading and stuff like that. I don't even think I know fully. I don't know if you know fully. What's it actually looking like? Yeah. So I should. So I'll definitely fly into Sao Paulo,
Unknown: which is in middle Brazil, I guess, on the coastline on this. Meeting my friend Lucas there, we're then going to travel a little bit, kind of through the interior. And when I say travel, I mean, we'll take like a bus to his parents place, basically hang out in his small town, and then we'll head off to Londrina. He's got all sorts of plans. I've been invited to his best friend's wedding. So I don't know if his best friend knows. We'll see. And I'm basically just planning on spending about 3 months around that Wondrina area just maybe doing like little day trips back and forth. Imagine Brisbane, but more in the interior is kind of what I imagined Wondering is going to be like. And, I mean, honestly, he set up so much stuff for me. He's kicked his girlfriend out of her apartment so I can basically stay in hers. And then restock stay with him. Yeah. He's already got like, he trains the way I'm gonna be doing a lot of similar stuff that I'm doing here. But I've I've set a couple of plans for myself to make sure that I don't turn into like, Australian Kyron. Just just doing the same Australian things in Brazil. Yeah. So I've said it so that I'm basically not allowed to stay in the apartment alone by myself at more than like a couple of hours at a stretch sort of deal. So I'll if it's like, I wake up in the morning. If I want to study or something, I'll force myself to go out to a cafe or, or something like that. Come back, maybe change training. I'll go out with Lucas or just be outside somewhere doing something. Come back. Dinner, like I'd rather not cook dinner. But if I'm just at the place by myself, unless it's podcasting stuff, I intend to just make sure that I'm outdoors doing something, whether it be bars, whether it be trying Samba or capoeira or hike. Definitely not a hike. Good. You mentioned. And yeah, that's kind of my plan. I'm only allowed to stay there 3 months. That's how much the visa allows for. Or I think you can maybe do 6 months, but you have to leave the country and come back. I just couldn't be asked doing that. Yeah. So I might go to Central America afterwards for a month. And then late July, I want to be in Nashville, to be a cowboy. And to be a cowboy? Yeah. Yeah, so I probably actually won't go to the event. I think I'll be around that. Yeah, around. Yeah. While the events are drinking the bar. Yeah. Where everyone's drinking for it. And then some people are tempting me with other offers to go to Europe and other things. So we'll see. So is there is there a return time like on this trip? So so basically early August, roughly, all of this is contingent. So it'd be 5 months, 5 months, 5 months. All of this is just contingent on how my mom goes as well. Yeah. I need to come back or come back. Yeah. My plan is if I do need to come back, I would rather come back for a bit. And then try and re kick it off again. Yeah. But once again, that'll just depend. Yeah. All the same in Brazil and South America or getting somewhere else there? Just Brazil? Probably just Brazil. Yeah. I don't I don't really want to see any of the other places. Anyways. Yeah. I mean, it would only like Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, and then something like the really small one Bolivia. Yeah, French Guinea and Suriname. I just don't really have an interest to go there. So I probably
Juan Granados: French people. That's what happens. You're French. And you're still doing, like, memos, podcasts and stuff from there? We're we're still gonna be so, 7 PM Australia Eastern Standard Time, which we do these ones, is 6 AM in Brazil. So, obviously, Karen being weak as piece of shit, will not be You can't wake up. You will not be waking up at that time. So we might shift it back a little bit, which means it shifts me back a little bit, which of course then it makes Are you gonna do it live or prerecorded? Live. Live. Yeah. I think we're trying to do a lot more. Like, obviously, we're doing it live right now on YouTube, but we're trying to do it more and more and more on live on the podcast. Like on a podcast player, not Spotify and on Apple, but all the other ones would let you go live. Now, Barry actually messaged, sent an email saying, hey, so you went live, so I had some problems and stuff like that. So we've got people who are wanting us to go live there. So we'll try and go live more in that particular area. So that'll be it. Is that one?
Unknown: I should say it wasn't Barry's fault. It was definitely my fault for everything. Also, there's currently 6 people have liked it and and 9 people watching. So if you're watching, drop a like on the video. Yeah. Helps the algorithm.
Juan Granados: Helps the algorithm. Yeah. Tell me, Brady, of of algorithm. Right? So for those who don't know, Brody does a Pokemon show. It would have been Pokemon. Here we go. Brody. Brody plays. Hey. Yeah. He's got a t shirt on. Didn't you notice? He was wearing he was wearing it before. Yeah. He's walking. So, Brodie place on YouTube. If you haven't checked it, check it. What have you found, I guess, learnings in terms of getting a little bit more viewership? Do you try to find the the algo in terms of hey, this is kicking off? I should probably do more of this.
Unknown: Yeah. Okay. So I've been doing the Instagram since late 2021. So I kind of it continues to change, right? Both on YouTube and Instagram. It changes all the time. But on Instagram, I found and it comes back to anything in life is being consistent with Instagram and with YouTube. Like if you're posting every week or every couple of days, whatever is have like a. Yeah. If you can have a Set time that you post stuff like I try to post on Instagram, it's a bit easy to post on Instagram, every few days. The YouTube, I'm trying to do Tuesday videos every week in China at the moment to see how that goes. So, like, every Tuesday night or afternoon, I'll drop a video. But in terms of the algorithm, I guess, thumbnails on like Instagram versus YouTube. YouTube is very like click 80 I find. Yeah. Whereas Instagram's I feel like you can interact with people a lot better on Instagram. As opposed to YouTube. So you don't have to be like you can be a lot more authentic. You don't have to be like trying to drag people into a video. It's like, oh, this is, like, watch this before doing this or, like, the truth about this. Like, you try to pull people in with these taglines. Like Yeah. It's more of an interaction. It's much it's much more on YouTube. Like, it's a very. Yeah. And in so yeah, in terms of trying to play off the algorithm, it's yet doing stuff like that. Trying to be click baity, I guess, is. And it's not. Yeah, it's not like as authentic, but yeah. No, no. But like like it relates back to the video. But, you know, some stuff's really click baity where, yeah, they'll say this, but you watch a video and there's nothing. Do you have any Pokemon tattoos is the question we've been asked? No. I do not.
Juan Granados: When is the Pokemon when is the next tattoo you get?
Unknown: If I had a Pokemon tattoo, it'd probably be, like, Tyranitar or Dragon Eye. It would have to be a Tyranitar. Obviously, yes. Let's do it. The shirt. Yeah. So it's got Tyranitar and Dragon Eye. So, Brody, I have a question. So your your channel your channel is Pokemon cards. Right? It's more around Pokemon cards and things. But I have a quick my question is specific because I used to play Pokemon cards when I was younger. Yeah. And it was really popular back then, when you were a kid, but it sort of dropped off a little bit. But now we're seeing a resurgence, you know, a little bit. So what do you think is driving that? Like, in terms of Of the of the playing Yes. Of the gaming cards? I guess the playing and and the popularity of Yeah. Okay. Collecting it and Yeah. You know what I mean? Because last I don't know how many years ago, it sort of resurge a little bit. Steven's bought cards of Brodie? One card. One card. Thank you, Steven, for your support. So what? Yeah. So I think so obviously the 2020 COVID happened and Logan Paul happens. People couldn't get out of the house. Everyone was stuck at home. People started ripping packs. And that is that is dwindled, like, in the last, especially since, like, interest rates have gone up, like, everywhere, economic conditions are quite bad. But I think it's still pretty healthy compared to like, it's it's come down, but I think it's still pretty healthy. There's quite a lot of demand to collect. An example, like, I sell graded cards, and people aren't gonna know that. They might not even understand what that means, but selling graded cards. Like, I used to at the start of 2023, I used to get back a 30 card submission, and I could sell that in, like, 2 to 3 weeks, recoup my money and get, like, like, make money on that. And now I'll get back a 2025 30 card submission. It might take me 2 months to 2 and a half months to sell it all. So you can just see that it like it's slowed. Like, that is an example. It's like everybody still think for those who don't know who are listening because I absolutely know 1000% my mom does not know what greed it is. How would you define it in, like, the shortest way possible? So there's companies that authenticate Pokemon cards, and they'll give you a grading on a scale of 1 to 10. So Based on the quality. Based on the quality, the print quality of the card. So if you've got, a com one of the biggest companies, PSA, does, like, over a 1000000 collectibles a month, So they're probably the biggest. So if someone says, oh, I've got a PSA 10 charside, it means it's graded in the highest, graded PSA in a 10. So checking my dear one. One of the reasons for Mitchell I've heard is and I'm just stealing this from Gary V is once if you've grown up with Pokemon, yes, as you're kind of, you know, just a kid you're idolising and stuff like that. Once you hit the stage, I where we're pretty much all at now 30s and you have money. Yes, you can buy all the crap that you used to want, but never could afford yourself. And so hence we have Brody over here. Jordan, what how much have you spent on a card like an individual card? The most I've spent on the rule card was like at the end of last year was the Umbreon VMAX from evolving skies. I bought one of those. I bought 2 actually $700 each. Yes. And I and I and I saw now this is where I do this is why I do grading. Right? So I I bought all these $1400. I graded them for $30 each. So there's another $60 there. I sold one of those for $1400 Wow. And I kept and I kept the other one. So how I like to collect or I try to do it financially sustainable as possible. So buy cards, sell these, keep these, and I try to do it in that manner. So I'm always trying to be like cost neutral at end of the day. So by selling that one, I kept this one for free, basically. The people who you who are buying it from you, what do you what's your vibe of them? Are they buying it just for the pleasure? Are they idiots? Are they are they trying to Steven. Are they trying to make a buck off of Love you, Steven. People. Love you, Steven.
Juan Granados: The bottom of this is And more importantly and more importantly, so think about that. Explain it. And more importantly, what does your significant other think of your passion for Pokemon? Okay. Okay.
Unknown: The people, right, like, the the age range, you know, it varies from young, like, 20 like, over 20 years old up to 50, 60, I guess. Like, it's quite a it's pretty variable. Had a lot of people before buy it because they're buying it for the kids. I get a lot of those. On eBay, it's hard to say. Usually, it's a collector, I would say. Like, I think most people are collecting it. I'm like, I'm pretty bearish on the on collecting a lot of the modern stuff because Yep. Of how high the populations are and how much Pokemon's printing. So like in the last couple of years, they've been printing 9.1 to 9,300,000,000 cards a year, like year on year. Yeah. So year on year, so year on year. So so for someone to go and buy a card off me and be like, oh, like, this is gonna go up in value over time. Like, that's, you know, that's that's your that's your opinion. My opinion is totally different. And I don't think that card is gonna hold the same value as something from Watsi. So from base at jungle fossil like Charizard, the the original 151.
Juan Granados: I just I don't know. I mean, like the rarity of having one is much more than if every single person in the world plus a few extra. Yeah. Yeah. So so that one I graded last year, the $700 one.
Unknown: Modern card population in a PSA 10 is 10,500. Okay. So why is that so expensive? $1400 modern card. Like, there's cards from back before, you know, 2010 all the way back to 2,000 that are worth less than that. And that thing has, like, just has this market full like this demand and people want it. Yeah. People want it so much. And I don't see that staying at that price over time, especially if the hobby dwindles, like if it dwindles off and people leave, and it has been dwindling, but whether or not it, like, kind of stagnates and then more people come in, like, they had the one 51 set release this year where they did the whole 151 Pokemon in Pokedex order. So that's kind of brought a whole heap of people back in again. Not as much the Logan Paul hype period, but it brought a lot of people back into the hobby. I mean, it's a bit the middle of the clock. Yeah. Yeah. So there's stuff like and we could like sit here all all night and like go ride into nitty gritty stuff, like really get into it. Like imagine if you're a kid and you bought like 2 packets and you played with 1 and it's kept 1.
Juan Granados: Well, yeah, but I've talked about this as well, right? I know in Colombia, my dad can verify this, I had a shitload of Pokemon cards, I'm pretty sure I just gave away. Heaps of first editions and stuff like that, we just gave away. Not a good move, obviously, not today. But now and your significant other, what does she think of your Oh, I wasn't even I wasn't even finished the other question.
Unknown: After a good So Sam is like generally pretty supportive. I tell her about some Generally pretty supportive. Yeah. So she's really, like, she's really helpful with all the Are you dropping 1400 of joint funds on these cards? Or No. So that's all my money. Yeah. But like she knows that that's how I like to operate. I try to do like this cost like I try to when I send a PSA sub, like, I might send 4 cards to cape and the other 25 I've sent all to sell. So usually that will offset the cost of having bought those and graded those other ones. And then, hopefully, I make a bit extra at the end as well. So, yeah, she's aware. Like, that's how I operate. And I think, like, overall, she's probably pretty supportive of it all. Sometimes she's like, oh, when are you gonna start making money? I'm like, because I'm like, look, as long as I can keep it cost neutral, that's the main thing. Like, as long as I'm pouring extra money into it because I like to like yeah. It's yeah. But your collection would be worth a bit. Right? Yeah. It's probably like in sealed items, it's probably 5,000 ad in the graded cards. There's probably closer to 10 k now. Okay. That's so good. And and like, think think of that as also being like close to cost neutral as well. Yeah. Like, I'm currently I'm currently in the negative because I had $1500 of PSA returns just last week and this week. So about 5th that's about 60 cards I got back. Yeah. That's $1500. Also, cards came backgraded. Yeah. And now I've got you and now I've got to sell them off. Yeah. So like you're I'm always kind of chasing. You're always lagging behind because you buy the cards raw. You send them to get graded. There's a month to 2 months, you gotta wait. So you that money is just lost, like you're waiting to recoup that money. And then they charge you for the grading. And you gotta recoup that. So as soon as I get cards back, I'm just trying to, like, sell stuff. Why why aren't other people grading? They just don't know how to do it? Well, they're not Lots of people. Right? There's lots of people there's lots of people that have become like like side businesses, side hustles, small businesses just on like Pokemon selling greater cards, like one of the biggest resellers is like in Australia in Brisbane. He lives on like a win in Redland Bay Area. He was telling me to go and buy cards off him a little while ago. No. It was a different different guy. Yeah. So this guy like he's got an eBay. I can like bring up his eBay store now. But he's he's like, massive.
Juan Granados: He is. Yeah. I think PSA itself, like grading is a hard thing. It's just the fact that you have to wait. There's you have to wait. You have to send it off. You have to come back. But you know, you know, Pokemon cards and in terms of, you know, things going up and things going down, I was gonna be like super transparent. We're all sitting in this room. I think at a particular point in time talking NFTs, we haven't talked about NFTs for a long time. But, you know, between all of us, my Steven's is in Barney. I don't think I don't think, Brady, you had any, or do you wanna call him out? No, yeah, so his name's Pokemon Steven.
Unknown: He's probably not the-
Juan Granados: Not that Steven, different, his name's Pokemon on Steven. He's Steven's like, I've never seen Have you ever seen his face? Have you have you ever seen him in same Different Steven. Different Steven.
Unknown: So he wouldn't be the biggest he wouldn't be the biggest re black seller of collectible Pokemon in Australia. That there's someone else that's bigger. But in terms of, like, graded stuff, he's done all his eBay, so he's on 37,000 items sold. And he's got, like, 4 and a half 1000 followers on his eBay. So he's quite Okay. He's quite big, and he's got 3,800 listings currently. So You know you know what the funny thing is, Brady? You're not the first Pokemon Pokemoner, I guess, that we've had on this podcast. I had a dude called Jack. Mhmm. Josh. A long time ago. It was it was right near the start of us doing conversations, and we actually brought Got him live. You did a you did a Pack opening. Yeah. We did a pack opening on the podcast. Yeah. I was thinking of bringing some packs so we could all we could have done. Sam just messaged me and said sell them 15 ks. I retract all of that.
Juan Granados: Yeah. Jeez. No, so I was gonna say from the NFTs, right? Like I think we had at a particular things are up and down at a particular time and I'm too much myself man chill. We probably had nfts worth in collectively in this room probably half a1000000 in nfts across all of the stuff that we owned. That is How much? Half million. Half million. Dollars. Yeah. Easily between between us. I hope Sam heard that. That's gone. Should be like that worse. Way and I know my partner. I've seen this. Knows it very well. Gone. Way down. Way, way, like 95% down. I I easily down. Right?
Unknown: To the point where Karen's been buying. Our
Juan Granados: investments have gone down that much. So they went up and now they're back down. Correct. They're probably down. There were that peak again. So it's probably like Yeah. It peaked? Yeah. Yeah. And now they're back down. If anything, I'd say we're up
Unknown: a little bit. We're up a little bit, but it's No. NFTs, no. Well, I'm not just we we definitely not up in NFTs. Maybe crypto or Bitcoin or something. I'm I'm I'm up on NFTs. Me personally. Which ones? Hosky, bro. Oh, yeah. I think you have some of my last Yeah. I've got one. So, Dimelix is in the chat. He's the guy who got a, a husky tattoo on his leg Yep. Yep. Which is crazy. Yeah. Mitchell over here owns 5. 1 oh, owns 1. I own 420 something. How much have they gone up by? Like 5 ADAS. It's not it's not much, but Oh, yeah.
Juan Granados: But collectively, it's a it's a great I've looked. They've
Unknown: yeah. It it's hard to work out because the price of the ADA goes up and down, and then the price of the NFT goes up and down. So, but I'd I'd say I'm up a little bit. Yeah. Collector. Okay. Okay. Which that all you 2 are as well. Steven,
Juan Granados: do you collect anything
Unknown: very casually and very selectively. I mean, it's not a hobby or anything. I just actually know that. See you post just recently that I was prompted to find some shoes that I had in a like a box collecting dust. I don't know. Brody. Yeah. Brody does do this. You buy 2 of something you really like and you, as they say, you rock 1, you stock 1. So I have. Oh, crap. I like this idea. Yeah. Stolen. The same shoe. And then after. Copyrighted, trademarked. My emails, was bought in 2020. So it's literally just sitting there doing nothing.
Juan Granados: Shit. Damn brought it out and wore one of them with with shoes. Yeah. Can you want I mean, maybe you know, I don't even those. Can you get them graded
Unknown: for selling? Or is that not a thing? It's not really a thing. Like when you just sell a watch or shoes. It's just either very good condition, fair condition. They're okay. Up to your judgment if you want to buy it. Whereas this is more odds, a bit more objective as to what you can achieve to be a PSA 10, you know, perfectly centered printing is not shit.
Juan Granados: So I'll be between between shoes, I guess I know for yourself cars or maybe license plates, whatever it may be. Is there a shoe that you'd be like, oh, yeah. That would be like a really sick shoe to have in the collection.
Unknown: Some people are very hype driven and trend driven. Yeah. They'll see a shoe and they see that it's just current. See, like, oh, everyone likes this. I think, yeah, I'm a bit theverse to that asset stage. I just like a shoe. I like to show it. I said, for example, there was an Air Max, Max 1, that I find for since I was in grade 9. And then all of a sudden in 2021, they rereleased it. I decided to hop onto it and enter a raffle and I won it so nice. But actually, did you enter a raz? Did you go in a raz? Oh, did you get that from? You just said raffle. Anyway, in the shoe world or in in the in the clothing world, when you win a raffle, you only win the privilege to buy it. You don't actually Oh, you don't actually get it? No. You win the privilege to pay for it. Fuck. They scammed the fuck out of you. Yeah. It's a scam these days. But, yeah, that's the shoe that I liked since then and still like and collecting dust. And I didn't know how much I didn't know that you That was Steven's. Oh, like, Steven owns that. 250. I
Juan Granados: I didn't realize that you were I was looking for
Unknown: the shoes and stuff like that. But actually, you know, you have like full collection. Sometimes they're shoes that I know I can't even pull off, but I just like to look at them. I just keep them there.
Juan Granados: Yeah. Is there something and maybe current answer this as you're about to speak up or unless there's someone a question. Is there something from school days? Again, people at home, we know each other from school, all of us, you attend onwards, basically, is something from school days or even going through to that we barely talk to one another about that you like really passionately liked or still like? Liked?
Unknown: While I think on that, and maybe others at Ken as well. A question I actually had for my brother. So I got given a Cookie Monster t shirt. And it's like Cookie Monster. And it's kind of like radioactive. It's showing his insides. And it's kind of you can kind of see like the insides. Yeah. There's Japanese and it's a really big wide shirt. Kind of like these ones. How do you rock a big wide shirt? Go to the gym. I'm like this. Go to the gym.
Juan Granados: Easy. I feel like half of my shirts now are just week wide shirt. So But like what what what do you pair it with?
Unknown: Shorts or or pants wise? What do you go all baggy? Do you go some tight? Do you like how how does it look like? These kind of shorts, I reckon. I would. Cool. Yeah. Brady's wearing like LSKD. Quarter quarter shorts. Yeah. 7 inch LSKD rep shorts. I'd go I'd just get I'd go baggy overall.
Juan Granados: Mitchell baggy. So I've done like this What have you answered? Steve was gonna have the right answer, so don't you worry about it. Well, exactly. What's your answer?
Unknown: I've gone like fitting, not like skinny, but like sort of normal jeans and things with like baggy
Juan Granados: t shirt and a thing. That looks good on you. And then and then you wear like a nice sort of, shoes. I'm gonna compliment Mitchell for a second here because I never do this. Right? Folks at home, he hasn't I remember seeing, Manchu out, at a time in like office hours, after office hours. And you were wearing a jumper with your like work shirt underneath and like the pants and I was like oh fuck that's a dope fit. I need to like recreate it. This is good. I think I started wearing something like that because man should wear it. So there you go. I mean he was wearing vest back in the day. That was Yeah. You wore vest long time ago. Yeah. Yeah. My jackets and things. But the real is, Steven, how do you wear, how do you rock a large white shirt? A large dresser out of all of that sort of thing. Like an oversized shirt. How do you wear an oversized shirt? I
Unknown: wear like short shorts. That's sort of on trend at the moment to wear baggy upper, part ish bottom. But, that just harks me upon like, current untrends, if you can say, I mean, we're sort of on the fringe of a generation at the moment, Gen Z taking over us. And you guys might recall recently, like Gen Z shitting on everyone wearing slim fitted pants and baggy pants of go now. So whatever, whatever you think looks cool. Now, it probably doesn't look cool to the greater young public at the moment. Nope. Now if you've been uncool since the beginning,
Juan Granados: kind of stuff.
Unknown: What made you do? It might be it might be a cycle. You might become cool. Okay.
Juan Granados: That's one of the things as well with Steven. I don't think there's been ever a time that I've ever seen Steven and gone. He isn't like dressed very well. It's always either on point or weird enough that it fits a Steven trend and it's like, oh, that's cool. That was a good outfit. Whether it's your leopard print tops, the shoes you wear, the yellow shirt with a smiley face on it. There's always something that's like, yeah. Steve is like one of those people say right now, right now you literally can't see Steven on the video, right? Because he's like he's kind of cut off. However, I think in another life, if Steven was popular, he would be one of like the tabloid, how to dress to impress type of deals in LA. Like, he there's probably like a counterpart of Steven in LA right now doing the same thing. Taste and timing, which is really, really hard to do. I got a hot take. I think Steven could actually be a model. No, I'm not sure he could be a model. I got a better take. Lesser model, lesser model, but maybe I won't judge that directly, But indirectly, I will judge. I reckon if Steven wanted to, but he probably wouldn't. I've talked about this with Joey. He would probably become one of the better comedians that could possibly be just because he doesn't look like that. So waiting for delivery, I'll be back to you. It would be a very Steven makes me laugh every time. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I think if he tried, it wouldn't be good. But if he didn't try. Exactly. It's always when he doesn't try. And he's like, who's that? There's a the,
Unknown: there's an Asian guy in Australia. I think he's living in America now, and he's like, he's got, like, the longer hair. Do you do you know his name? He's got his name. I think I know his. He is so He was he was glasses. Yeah. Glasses. Yeah. He is so funny. He is so funny. On the tube telling me, who's that? Who's who's this guy? He is so funny. I actually seen you in the show. He is. He's like, he's got his same, like, that same Just pulls away the microphone. He's got the same. He's just like Steven is the same as that guy. Yeah. Okay. No. The same dry humor. It's different though. It's different. Do you do you Okay. No. I can answer your question from before. So the question was, you know, what's something that you've been passionate about that the others other people in this room might not know? I don't know if you get nice gut if you guys know this. Yes. What's his name? Aaron Chen. Aaron Chen. He is so funny. I used to read slash watch a lot of anime and manga. Which ones? I had no idea. So I started off with like the the typical you know, one piece Naruto Sam just cut Sam sorry, Sam did comment and just said Arun Chen. She knew who took thank you. So I used to watch mostly watch them in and this was probably like around late high school, early uni days. And then I, you know, you kind of just get bored with them. And so I was going I started reading more just because it took time to too much time to watch the end like, of course, you start off with the dub stuff, and then you find subbed and you're like, I can't get back. Disgusting if you if you listen to dub stuff, there's nothing wrong with it. The thing though, just for the record, golden boy the anime is a very short series, maybe 8 episodes long, is the best anime series in the world. And it is one of the few animes where the dubbed version is superior. What the okay to also complement that the Hellsing ultimate I think it's OVA Which is like alucard, like it's vampires and Nazis and stuff like that. The English dubbing of that is fantastic. That's the only one only one I've found also very short as well. I don't think there's many episodes and Dragon Ball Z. Yes. Yeah. Yeah. Like Squeaky Goku was hard to listen to. That's what my brother watches a ton of anime and has, like, manga. He buys still and, like, this leaves him in his bookshelf, and he's gonna read it at some point. I don't know when, but, you know, he, think this is like have you had a. Yeah, that's one of my favorites. Yeah. I got into berserk. I got into, Kenichi is history's strongest disciple and mostly fighting. Yeah. I know. Wrong one. Wrong one. Side note, BGS is now grading manga books, by the way. That's American grading company. Yeah. You got strange. Yeah. They do. They grade a certain amount of pages. Oh, I'm not sure. I think they grade it all of them. Like, depending on the age numbers. Yeah. But yeah. Yeah. That was that was kind of my thing for a while. I still kind of read some stuff. Usually, it's just once I identify with 1 punch man. But yeah, that was that was a while I was I was getting into some kind of like even weird ones. There was one which was a time travel one. Some some of the gate gate, Steins Gate, Steins Gate, which was like a time travel, like this guy that they're trying to figure out what time travel is and they like go back and do all these weird things is kind of like it's kind of like watching Tenet. You have no idea. You kind of yeah. You kind of think you know what's happening, but not really. So yeah, that was that was my my secret hidden. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. We had no idea. I had no idea. Karn was the biggest weeb.
Juan Granados: There was a mine one. I don't know if mine was like super well known. I know my family night. I know my sister definitely knows it. So I used to probably it's like year 10 or year 9. I was like a massive wrestling fan, huge wrestling fan. And I even in fact, I went back and found this email randomly. Right? Again, this is back when you're, like, super young. I don't think anybody knows about this. I emailed a wrestling gym in Atlanta in the US when I was 14 years old being like, hey, I'm kinda come over. No way. Coming over. I'm gonna go train. You were telling me. I don't know how to do it. When you're 40, I'm coming over. Oh, 14. Yeah. Yeah. They sent me through details and whatever. I remember they sent it back because it was like, oh, yeah. You have to send through $1,000 or something and then we'll get you in at 4 weeks. Of course, it didn't happen. Right. But I was like, man, at one point in time, this is gonna be sacred. My sister knows this for sure. Pretty sure my parents, I know. We knocked ourselves out easily so many times at home, right? On tiles, we would do flips and knock ourselves out and use beanbags and create stuff. I guess, they went away for a long time but going back to your point of things were resurrect again. Now you're like Dwayne Johnson going back into it. And I think the WWE become like all of a sudden they're making like the most money they've ever had. That's incredible. They were watching and it's like holy shit all of a sudden that's like they're everywhere. Yeah, I think things go. WrestleMania isn't this weekend. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And weirdly enough, right? So, our good friend Joseph, Joe, you guys wouldn't know it as well. Dude, he's a fucking massive fan of wrestling, massive. And yet I think I I like kinda like pull out of, but here's a funny story on behalf of Joseph that I'm gonna retell here. I was I was down there in Canberra not too long ago and we're having we're watching some footy. We ended up playing some darts. I lost to him. Gotta call it out. And we're drinking quite a bit. Typical. And we started watching some wrestling and all of a sudden he came out. I don't know if you guys know but there's a guy called LA Knight. There's a guy LA Knight in wrestling, right? And his particular catchphrase whenever he says something, it goes, yeah. I go, yeah. Whenever you finish it off something. And if you watch Joseph's skits of comedy, he says that in every one of his skits. He said to me, I was like, oh, re listen to this and then here's there's one that he talked about. He's a he does a lot of comedy, stand up comedy and in it he was talking about how he's the thickest badminton player in Canberra and he goes badminton. Yeah. And you can kind of see it, you're also influenced. He bought an LA night shirt. Now, this is typical Joey. Of course, he bought a shirt. It was $30. Right. He was like, I'm gonna buy it. Shipping was $40. And he's like, fuck it. I'm gonna get it. It's cool. Like, it's a it's an LA night shirt. He bought it. He didn't realize that it was an American dollars. So when he ended up paying for it, it was 140 Australian dollars to get the shirt and it was a blue shirt with an L and I was like, great. I made a made him wear it out for our breakfast on Saturday morning when we were smashed. So I guess that's that's Joseph story but anyway, so mine wrestling back in the day. Go mainstream. What's this? What's something from school that maybe we didn't know about that you're like fuck, I'm I was really into this that you guys didn't know about. Times with manga. Oh, I've got a good one. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Unknown: So they say, they say you never quit Runescape. You just take a break. Oh, no way. So mine would have probably been Runescape. Yeah. Okay. We've not So it like yeah, but like, that's like the whole saying like, you never quit. You just take a break. I was always like, I would play I played it all out in until like into university on and off like, little bits here and during I remember playing during school because it took off again, like primary schools when it came out. And then I remember like everyone used to play like Jeff used to play douche used to play a whole people used to play primary school and then like knock used to play true and all those guys. And then I used to play on and off in high school and then like even into uni. I haven't played in a couple years now. But,
Juan Granados: yeah, man, I was a massive gamer. Yeah. All the massive gamer of things like Skyrim, Skyrim. Win. That was fun. Anything else, the scrolls, halo, man. I I would dump hours. Again, man, blessed be my parents of what I did. I used to play easily took 2 in the morning, 3 in the morning, call of duty, modern warfare 3. That's my problem. I was in a clan. I had to maintain a kill death ratio of 6. Oh my god. And I was in there hours and hours and hours and hours. I think it's probably where I built up my tolerance to not sleep because I would have easily through school and uni would have slept maybe 3 hours 6 hours. 4 hours and I was Yeah. That's a hard k dude. Yeah. I I can't remember if it was phase or what other clan it was, but we I remember I would be annoyed if I would have a game like a night game and I would lose one game. That would be annoying to me. I'd be like, no. I have to keep going down till I win like 5 in a row or something like that. It was pretty like insane. How old were you? I can't believe that. Just like school days, high school days. Yeah. So I know it's Mitchell.
Unknown: Nothing was that extreme. Like, honestly, like, I think you guys don't know everything. Dragon Ball z, Fresh Banacute.
Juan Granados: Can I just say it just quickly? We're Dragon Ball Z, right? Yeah. None of you have kids. I have kids. Yeah. I have a kid. And I I I get worried. I get worried in that my youngest, she's going to be growing up in this world. I'm like, she's not going to have things like Dragon Ball available. You have to make How is she gonna power out? How is she gonna feel like powering up Check it on the TV. I'm gonna do that because all the kids see now, it would be like, you know, you know, pet the sheep. Bluey. Yeah. I was gonna say bluey. Bluey. Well, and bluey is fine. But then, you know, those we've, I'm being straightforward here. There's been a couple of shows where both me and my partner had to like watch be like, man, this is like if you had best type of content. I'm like, I don't know. You need to get a like a plush of a Pikachu
Unknown: blast, Squirtle, Charmander Yeah. All the salt. Put it in front of V, and then put it on in the background. The anime started from episode 1 and just let it pick That was a meme. That was a meme that I was watching and was like, you know, I this is how I grew up and it was like Cell holding,
Juan Granados: go hand. Go hand. Yeah. Just like, and then go pee like smiling, like like yeah he's gonna come back. Yes, yes, yes. That's what I need. I feel like I
Unknown: I semi became disciplined like Dragon Ball. My mom is watching by the way. You want to say that it is so far hilarious. So far. Shout out Kylie Smith. Kylie, thank you very much for tuning in. The, so
Juan Granados: before before you go to it. Yeah. To the point that I love Dragon Ball, not maybe I didn't love Dragon Ball. My family unit loved me watching Dragon Ball so much that when I was in Colombia, you couldn't really get Dragon Ball that easy? Colombia, right? Yeah. So my auntie would record Dragon Ball for me about I could watch it at the predetermined time and I remember, I think I'm pretty sure this is correct. I was supposed to be watching my Dragon Ball and then 911 happened. I was like, what the fuck is this? No. You're supposed to be watching Dragon Ball. Exactly the same for me. You were watching chisv? Yep. I was watching Dragon Ball at that particular time. Yep. I was like, goddamn it. Where's this? What's this towels for? What's your favorite era like of Dragon Ball Z? What was your favorite? I think it's the freezer saga. I think the freezer Freeza. Yeah. Okay. Not sell sell sell for sure. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I don't know. When like when like the dick injects into other people and sucks them out too. Yeah. So the early the early part of Salzago when they've got like, I just remember that episode where they go to that island because they're expecting something to happen. And they've got, you know, the clown,
Unknown: Android like 19. And then Doctor Nero is also an Android there. And like, Regina, just like Oh, yeah. He rips him apart. Yes. Yes. I remember like, and the ruthless. That's so so scary that little clown face and he was, like, I think it might have been Yamcha. He's got him by the with sucking out his all his energy, you know, his whole mouth. He's like Yeah. Like that was just like as a kid, I just remember me like, woah. So intense. Yeah. And and then vegeta comes to me. I think, the Frieza saga because that's when Goku tends to do Super Saiyan. Oh, that moment when Krillin dies and he becomes emotional. But I think I'm sorry, the point that your family liked, you watching Dragon Ball, the only way to get me up in the morning to go to school. What's a Dragon Ball cheese team? So in Fiji, right? In cartoon network, the show came out 7 o'clock in the morning, 7 AM. So I would normally wake up any other way, but I knew that 7 o'clock was Dragon Ball. So I had to wake up. To watch that. To watch my half an hour Dragon Ball. And that's how I should get up in the morning to go to school. Because I was so into Dragon Ball Z as a wake up that. I don't know if I had any trouble forever waking up for school. We got this up because there was a point in time where Dragon Ball was airing at 8 8 a. M. Yeah. And that was when you had to be at school. That's when you have to be at school. What was your favorite saga? Steven, your favorite saga. I can sell the tournament. Oh, yeah. Cell tournament. Yeah. That was a mess. Chaz was talking shit in the chat. What'd she say? She said, Dragon Ball has to be the worst show. Fuck. Wrong. Have you even watched it, chess? No. Incorrect. Incorrect. I'm sorry. Vienna will definitely have to watch it. Yeah. Yeah. She will be the determinant. Has anyone watched the Dragon Ball Super? The like the newer one?
Juan Granados: No, oh no. I haven't seen it yet. I've been wanting to get into it. I've been wanting to watch it. Have you? I've watched it. Some of the dubs. Some of the sub. It's alright. Based on as good as, the BBC. Yeah. Steven, was it was there anything from your side? Steven Steven is a like a labyrinth. You're an enigma. Deep. You're an enigma. I
Unknown: was I was going down that path, but then I'm hearing of all these, like, kind souls that are watching video. Like my mom. Yeah. You can get pretty deep.
Juan Granados: Like, I remember when Karen told me in school about him watching pterodactyl porn. And I was like, bro, I didn't know why this existed. This is
Unknown: It was fine. Quickly, it's quickly Steven, say something. No. Mine mine was slightly less depraved than that. Okay. Can can can I justify this? It's a loss. It's a loss. It's a loss. It's a loss. I need I need even there's even better stuff in Brazil. Yeah. So my next door neighbor, Ty, who was a great and also terrible influence on me. I smoked my first cigarette at the age of 9. Is he is this at your current, family house? Yeah. Yeah. So my next door neighbor. And he's still there? No, no, no. He moved out a long time ago. But he was 4 years older than me and but he was like the kind of like one of the cool kids on the on the cul de sac we lived in. So I would go to his house all the time and we were really good friends. And, I'm sure he showed me like, you know, 1st cigarette. I'm sure it was 1st porn. I'm sure tons of different things. And he and he one day he's like, Corinne, Corinne, you have to come check this out. He's got it's very, very short video. I'm pretty sure it's only like 10 seconds long 15 seconds. And it was like a girl lady if you've got delicate ears now so I'm to tune out the boy
Juan Granados: 60 Everyone will get home.
Unknown: And it's basically it's basically like a girl kneeling down and then there's 2 guys next to her with erect penises. And they are wearing pterodactyl kind of like outfits. So they've got they've got, you know, the hands as wings. And she's, she's finishing them off to completion. And as they are ejaculating that the pterodactyl beaks like open and like, if anything, comedian comedian How is this you justifying yourself?
Juan Granados: Back to Steven. Steven, please. Steven, take us take us on. We've heard a lot of this when we're in school like that. We heard Matt I don't know if Matt Ward's on this live. Oh. Matt Ward lives in cans, into robot porn. Matt Ward. That's what he gets for not watching this. Steven, what's something what's the nickname of Steve? What were you into back in the day? You're like, well, this just reminds you of an unrelated story. Somewhat
Unknown: related. Brody might know this guy. Do you remember Darren Morgan from? Yes. So this Darren Morgan, he was a ringer, a ringer, And he his parents owned a pet store. Yeah. Pet stores on Underwood. Underwood Road. Logan. Yeah. Yeah. Just blown up the spot. And, behind the store, there was a shipping container that on a vacant, vacant lot there. And underneath this shipping container, Darren would take us through that mysteriously, as neighborhood kids do and then be like, oh, check this out, guys. It's slot his hand underneath the shipping container and he'd pull out a nudie magazine, which was all the rage when you're 12 years old. It was just fresh, crisp, uncreased. Yeah. And it was the spot to hang out for a while. And after a few weeks, it had it rained and it ruined the supply. Like, all the pages were crispy and wobbly and wavy. And, you know, tearing apart full of dust and sand. And, yeah, you had not usable. We had to do without it for a while. Yeah. You had to wait till you got Internet, basically.
Juan Granados: Because a few years for me. I am. Okay. There was another story. I know this even sharing it. I'm not actually going to share that which you shared just recently. Pretending to be somebody else and catfishing somebody. But we're going to leave that on. That was funny. Yeah, I want to leave that out of out of this particular life. I think it's probably a good evening to extend. I think that's everyone with that particular question. Yeah. Childhood. Yeah. No, so and someone messaged as well about, Kokamela being Vienna's future future show. Hubs of Efriends. What's the show? Hubs of Efriends. Cocomelon. We heard of Cocomelon. Do you know you know what? What's the show? So I think Cocomelon is the 3rd largest YouTube subscribe like, chatty be like they're massive. They make so much money. So these kids shows make so much. Oh, the kids show. Yeah. Adobe friends is creating a 4 to 6 years old like show. Same company. That'll be. That's Kirkmell. So maybe it'll be pretty big. Now I want to congratulate. I don't know if you know, Bruce, but you know, Steven, but just as of today, Mitchell right here is going unconditional on a house. This partner, he's just paid off the deposit literally just today when I was when he got here. So I was like, fuck. Yeah. Congratulations, Mitchell. Thank you. They congrats. A life of We're all over 30. We're all over over 30 years old. Reflecting back on Are we? Yeah. Oh, yeah. Well, we Oh, tell Jesus Christ. No, it's me. She's gonna be 33. So looking in, you know, back where we were, we were 15 years old, right? I heard this thing be said, which is kind of sad, actually, like listening to it. And I was like, it's kind of sad. And then I always like teed up about it. And I was like, damn, it was basically you once said, the what you now have would have made you happy, or something like that, like the things that you said, that that you wanted to happen or achieve was gonna make you happy and that's already gone by. Why aren't you happy? That sort of statement. Is this something that I mean it's a yeah, it was. I was like, fuck me. So you think about like shit, I would have thought you know when I was 15, I mean if I had a house, I'd be like freaking amazing. Is it a thing if you reflect back of being you know when we were in high school, where you are today? Is it very different to what you would have thought? Is it things that you would have been like, oh man, looking really back at it now reflecting on it. I think when I was that that age, I really wanted to do x rather than what I'm doing now. And then beyond that, does it reflect to shit. Okay. I'm I'm in this path right now, but I might change. I might change. I can still time for a change. I might look at doing x into the future. I'll go first. You guys can have some time thinking I'll get go to you next time. That was pretty good. I think mine was very, I want to be in the professional world kind of similar to how Mitchell went through. I was thinking, yep, I can nail this down. No. Well, at the time would have been, yeah, I want to do engineering or physics of some kind following Mr. Raju steps. I'm gonna do something around that that space, become really good probably get into bridge engineering and just be a worker. I think like be a good worker, a senior manager some way. And now, you know, where I am today is very different. It's probably not exactly where I am as much. In fact, when someone asked me what I do, now I can't stop and be like, fuck, I don't even know how to answer that anymore, which is similar thing now to how you answer. It's like, I'm not actually sure how I would answer that question of what do I do? I'm fucking so glad that it's different to what I was 15. Like I'm so glad of where life has taken me now to where I would have thought I would have been when I was 15. I think, what about you?
Unknown: I always struggled looking out into the future and and being like, oh, what would 30 year old what would 32 year old Karen look like? Then what would he want and things like that. So I never felt any realization of like, Oh, I've reached it or I've made this or anything. So it was there's never anything to reach it was always just like a big, a gray murky thing. I got an insight just as you were talking on to the you have what you want. You used to want. Why aren't you happy now? One of the things I used to really, really not like about myself was how skinny I was. And if you've got to find this photo, there's this one photo of me that, I think it's on my mom's computer somewhere where it was me at 15, I would say. Like long hair, Kyren. I don't know if you guys knew this. But the reason I grew out my hair long was because Bryce Murdoch once compared me to Brendan Maycock. And he's like, you guys look the same. Because we had hair our hair was like short short and curly and I didn't want to be like Brandon so that was the reason that was the only reason I grew my hair out that longest listener to the podcast. Does he listen? Maybe. And and then when it was like, and then and then when when I Wait. Let me get a photo. Sorry. We got distracted by Ninja pulling his cable out of me like, is this a bad thing? Yes. Yes. It is. It fell off. Yeah. That's because you're grabbing it like this, man. Yeah. The so my learning was, and yes, I'd love to find that photo sometime. And essentially, I was almost anorexic as well. Like, really, really skinny. Another. No, I never weighed myself back then. Not not for any reason. So it's just didn't. One one other cool memory I have was Jeffrey coming up to me one day and being like, he would get his like big poor hand. He was a big guy. Those who don't know. And he and he wrapped his entire hand around my my bicep, and he could easily do it and, like, touches his thumb to his middle finger. And and he was and he just made like some comment. And then it made me feel so weak and so small. I hated it. So going to the gym, getting into that building some muscle and now it's like, I look now how I wish I would depressed about it. Yeah, I'm just content about it. And I think that's, I'm not depressed about it. Yeah, I'm just concerned about it. And I think that's an okay thing to be where it's like, if you get the thing that you wanted, you don't actually have to be happy about it. It's kind of hard to be happy about, like, waking up in the mirror in the morning looking at myself, me like, yeah, I'm fucking jacked. At myself. That's what Juan does every day anyways. I believe that's one energy. But that's that's not my energy. And the but I can look at myself in the mirror and not be ashamed and feel weak and things about that. And then it's just like, the other the problem is all the bullshit comes in. It's like, oh, now I'm 30. And I'm not married and don't have kids or whatever. And that's, and it's like, you just got to fight those battles because they just keep coming up.
Juan Granados: I mean, actually, I was thinking about this. Like, if you look around the room right now, right? 4 of us have partners. Alright. Does not. 4 of us have jobs. Karen does not. That's all. Yeah. No. No. But but what it what it struck me sometimes is the the thief of comparison taking away from the comparison of what you were young. And I guess that's where I was coming with that question. Right. So a lot of the times now, you know, you could very easily got down to the fall of like, oh, fuck, look myself. Cool. Bought a house, have the space, have a kid. I'm all back. Karin's travelling a lot. You know, you're about to go in 4 months of travelling. Yes. Fuck. You just came back from fucking travel. Steven's got a shoe collection. Multiple fucking gym tags. 1's literally travelling in a month's time. I forgot. Yeah. That's that's enough. You got Japan, right? I got Japan. But, you know, it kind of falls on the like, the the comparison of the thief of joy of the comparison that you should truly have, which is, I guess, your past. So I guess that's what I was coming up with that question. What about you, Mitchell? From a 15 year old to what you are today, is there is exactly what you wanted? Has it changed? Well,
Unknown: it's a bit similar to yours in some respect, but I think as a really young kid, I still want to become the manager of Manchester United like football, you know, so. That was like for real for real? Yeah, exactly. I wanted to be a manager, that's like a football player. Although at that young age I had some expectations from like, you know, society and parents, be like, yo, do science, math, whatnot. Mhmm. And as I went to to high school and, you know, came to Australia, it used to be, you know, I did with you guys the similar subjects as you and engineering was one of them and, you know, aeronautical engineering was that and we soon came to realize in UQ that that was a a pretty crazy subject to enroll in. So I followed you know, Karen's footsteps to be mining engineering. And you're like, no. Yeah. I was like, oh, damn. No. And and I soon found out that working remotely wasn't my best, wasn't really fun. Did you do vacation work? How? I did, yeah. Where? Where? I did a few places, North Parks which was Rio Tinto. Mine did, New Eclin Cole. Yeah, a few places. Yeah. Can you can you, so for those who don't know, what happens with the engineering degree is typically you have to do 12 weeks to of paid work or Yeah, I think paid work to graduate. Then you have to get this signed off. And then that will allow you to get your degree as Stephen will attest to because he got his degree how many years after he finished all the subjects? Yeah, a little while. And I remember Mitchell you you did vacation work with Rio Cinto. And then that seemed to be like a shoo in right? Like if you if you do vacation work with a company and they you don't do terribly, you're more like, it's almost guaranteed to get a job. And I remember, you had a an offer? Was it for a to work as a graduate? Yes, I did. They pulled it away like last second, right? Yes. So what was on with that? So I did have an offer and the particular mine that I was supposed to be in, they and this was the the same time when the the so prior to this, the mining boom was going up and up and up. And then China or someone, like, they they, they stopped sort of importing minerals from Australia, and there's a crash. And for a very short period of time, people were not hiring as much anymore. So that particular mine that had got an offer in, they were closing down in a few months time. So, nope. Stop the graduate program. We can't do anything more. So cut the offer and then got told, no. It can't happen. Damn. Yeah. Just to sit back, I was like, look, I'll sit back in uni. I love the uni life. So, you know, did my master's in finance, accounting, so did, sort of the UI route and the big four accounting route. Yep. Yep. And I just stepped away from it doing your own? Yeah. Exactly. No. I think it it was always based on, like, oh, is it you know, as soon as you are in terms of, like, prestige, in terms of, like, a consulting firm because you're in, like, Accenture and whatnot. Like, doing that, working as hard as possible to climb the corporate ladder. Mhmm. Last year, as I realized, look, you know, it's a bit unsustainable of, like, doing walking the weekends, walking late hours all the time. If I looked at a future with like a family and with a partner or whatnot, can this be sustainable? Mhmm. Hello? No. Probably not. And I did ask you. I remember, like, coming to the barbecue right over here. Yep. Exactly. And I was like, because I had so much, so much obviously about my family and pressure and, like, my partner in terms of, like, trying to step down from that sort of high paced, high work life environment. Mhmm. And deep inside, I still have that sort of feeling of, like, oh, you know, this is me, this is what I've been doing since I graduated, working really hard, working long hours all the time. So I was like, look, I need to talk to Juan because like, from what I always remember from you is you used to be like that person. I see. You used to sort of always be like, let's just do it. Like, you know, we'll kind of, you know, do the clamp cover letter. I was like, look, I need to get Warren's advice. And when I spoke to him, he was like, oh, I don't know. You know? You should concentrate on, like, what what matters and, you know, sort of you know, climb the corporate ladder is in the wall. Like, you need to look after yourself. And then I realized, look, you know, that's something
Juan Granados: I need to focus on. It was a good choice. It was a good choice. No time for hiking, if know what? No time for hiking if you do if you do consulting. Exactly. Exactly. And now I've been gym consistently. So I'm slightly I'm gonna slightly change the question. Is there any questions
Unknown: at all that we got on cue, by the way? No. But we didn't ask Steven about becoming 30. Mhmm. Oh, 30? Well, the life you live now compared to what you imagined. Well, I deal with this on a daily basis with my partner because she compares herself to a lot of people where she lives. It's very showy, very, very superficial. Laser. Yeah, but very Gucci. I find it a bit It's almost neurosis or neurotic to sort of dwell on what other people are doing or what you could have been. And I'm not just focused on moving forward, But I guess in that same vein, I look at myself and I think, oh. You know, when I was 15, 16, 17, 18, I didn't think I'd get into too long distance relationships in a row. So I mean, I really wishes that upon themselves. I sort of just fell into it. And, look, it's it's been a long, hard slog, but I'm hopefully going to make it work in the next year. But that's probably the main thing that I think of at the moment. If I had to compare myself to my younger self, yeah, okay.
Juan Granados: Well, I haven't heard from Brady, but I'm gonna I'm gonna spin this question slightly and make it a little bit deeper. Brady.
Unknown: Oh, well, I get the deep question a little bit deeper.
Juan Granados: So. So similarly, again, repeating it and sort of talking about how when you're 15 years old, What how old you are today? In terms of Hey, are you like, living up to what you thought it was is a different but slightly different here this question, which would be looking at it now, you better where you are 15. Looking at what you are now. Do you think and does it matter to think? Have I made my parents proud? All my friends proud?
Unknown: That is so deep. I'll get the question. That's okay. I think, yeah, I think it is important to at least, you know, like, you know, you get the pressure, right? Like, man, she was just talking about getting the pressure from his parents to to perform and do this, go about it this way. So you want to impress them. You want to make them happy. But I think I kind of from my own experience, I think they're just happy that, like, I'm healthy, I'm happy in my life. I'm doing what I, you know, what I want to do. And I think that's all, you know, any any parent can ask that their their kids growing up and they've had a good life and they're going about it. And like as long as like as long as you are, we are happy. Our parents are probably happy otherwise. Like, I don't think yeah, I don't think there's like, I don't feel any pressure to to make them proud. I think they are proud. I hope I hope my mother's still watching. That is my colleague. She's like fucking proud. Your mom comes like, he's not doing drugs. He's not smoking. He's not doing drugs as good. Kylie's messing me. I've dropped off now.
Juan Granados: Yeah. Brody's talking. Just cut out. Yeah.
Unknown: Yeah. Yeah. Sorry. I don't know if that answers the question. Yeah. No. No. No. It does. It does. Karen, what about you? This might be a hot a hot
Juan Granados: hard hitting if you want. Yeah. If if you could look at it for both of them.
Unknown: I went to the hospital just before actually here. So 5 hours ago. And, like, mom's not going to come out of the hospital. And it's, it's very possible that she'll pass away before I come back. Or, yeah, I don't know. We'll have to see what actually happens. And I was kind of like, well, this is, this is probably going to be one of the last times I'll I'll get potentially last time we'll see you. And, you know, she's at a state where she she's not coherent. She doesn't understand what's going on around her. And I was like, you know, I went with my dad. And then we, she likes, she loves to pace, she just walks, She walks so much and will go up and down these corridors just all day every day if she if she wanted to. It's kind of funny because she she gets tired as well. So she should just stop and know she'll just stop and like lay down on the middle of the floor. And she'll just do that for like, 20 seconds and then get back up. And as I was like, our data just like to spend a little bit time with just mom before I go. And you know, we did did a couple of laps and I was just kind of like, you know, talking to her slash at her. And that was one of the things that came up where I was like, you know, I hope I hope I've made you proud. And I don't I don't even know what that would have meant for her. I never really got the chance to ask her. But it was, it's one of those ones where it's like, I don't know. I don't know why it would be important. Like, what do they wasn't? If you could go if you go back,
Juan Granados: would that be a question that you would have asked?
Unknown: Yeah, there's tons of things. There's tons of things I would have asked her. I know would have loved to have known about it more. That that that tells us stories every now and then. And it's kind of like these ones. You know, Stephen didn't know I was a weeb. I knew Brodie was was a gamer. And one and they told me a year or 2 ago about the WWE stuff. My mom apparently went to like, would Woodstock in New Zealand when it was there was like before it was cool to go to Woodstock and things like that. And yeah, there's tons of things tons of things I would have loved to have known more about her. But but just getting back to the proud portion. I've kind of just through my life, I've gotten to the point where it's like, oh, you got to just do things for yourself. It's not good to dwell on the hierarchy and trying to chase the social status. It's just for me personally, for other people, it might be what they want. And I was kind of thinking like, why, why would it even matter to me? What if I made mom proud? And what would that have even mattered? What would that have looked like? But it was still something that came out whilst I was talking to him. I was like, I hope I hope I made you proud. Yeah, I don't have more to add to that. It was just other than that. It is something that does seem to be very important. Even though logically speaking, I wouldn't have been like, this is important to me. Yeah.
Juan Granados: Andrew?
Unknown: So I think, you know, how I mentioned my parents had set expectations
Juan Granados: like of You didn't meet them.
Unknown: Definitely not. No. So I think at the end of the day, I think like, you know, your mom or your dad had some expectations but I know I'm realizing now that my mom and dad both, they just want me to be happy. Mhmm. So I think those expectations from them were from other societal expectations to them, you know, having a certain being life in a certain way. But I think eventually eventually what it comes down to, they just want the kids to be happy. So I think your mom saw that you're happy in doing what you're doing, You know? So I think that's all that really eventually mattered to her, I I think.
Juan Granados: So, yeah. So, Steve?
Unknown: Reckon I could have been a lot worse. It could have been Aaron Chandler. It could have been the Bowers. What would you rank yourself now? Adam, what you could have been not to say my parents placed an expectation on me like they've never said or or maybe they said, like at the start, when you start when you finish high school, and you get into uni, you know, that's like that's an achievement in itself. But, you know, had I not done that, they would have been like, oh, you know, if you're asked, you're going to do something with your life. That was me for a little bit after uni because I was jobless for, like, over a year and a half. So I think they did fall into that line of thinking to be like, oh, this kind of might be fucking useless. So like But like, once you once you once you prove to them that you can do things for yourself. Yeah. They don't really question what I do anymore. Like, I, I decided to get a stupidly expensive car and I think too much of it. Very stupidly expensive. I'm dating, you know, a person of a different culture in a different country. They never really questioned it. They just they think they trust me to make it work for myself. And that's. Yeah, that's something that I guess I lean on. Yeah. Yeah.
Juan Granados: Well said it might might as a simple one right now. Obviously, I'm a dad. It's older said, I reckon a few years ago, like happiness. That's that's what you wish. And I go, I was making them proud. It'd be be happy. I guess that would be my default thought. But I think there's an even simpler one. And even simpler thing. It's just maybe it evolves when my daughter gets older. But I think it's purely like, oh, as long as she's safe. Yeah, that's it. As long as she's safe, she's healthy. Yeah, That's it. I'm happy enough with that. Don't even necessarily have to be like, just be happy all the time. But as long as she's safe, I think that is the overwhelming thing where every moment you're like, is she safe? You're always looking and you're relooking. I think extrapolating them back. I think also make parents proud or other people go. I'm doing not all things safe, I guess in all decisions, but in a rational way that I'm not going to end up like homeless or out on the street or a pariah or something to that effect. Yeah, to take I think undue risks in like a world and just be relatively safe. I think that would be like, okay.
Unknown: Yeah, you're making it proud by by doing those things. I don't have to change the right because like, we were talking just before about getting knocked out and getting stitches and stuff like that. And, you know, kids just run into walls and do all sorts of stupid things. Man sounds like you're gonna be a helicopter pellet parent over the line. What do you reckon?
Juan Granados: I think I will be I think I will be and I wouldn't have said that I would have been like a helicopter parent beforehand. But it's hard not to be a helicopter parent. I'm gonna call it out to the helicopter parents. Like it's very much like shit. I don't want to Helicopter parents. Yeah. I'm one of you motherfuckers. So, you know, I think I've seen my mom. I've seen my mom. My mom's a helicopter parent. She doesn't even know what that is, but she is. She'll know it. Same as my parents, She'll know. She'll know what it means. I pick up the parents. And part of it, I think now also looking at it, it's like it comes from a little love. Like you wanna make sure that they're safe. And as a I think on the other end, it's a kid, but I fuck what's going on? Like, oh, even me comes from a different location. I think you don't understand until a certain point in time. Okay, I see it. One more deep question. One more deep question. I don't know how long you guys can take stick around for. That's what's the longest you guys have been live for? What's the longest you guys have been live for? Let's beat that. Live for? Yeah. We've been live now for, like, 2 hours now. Yeah. This this has passed for that. Yeah. Yeah. We're good. We we we'll kick off with Longest podcast record tonight, guys. I think the longest podcast ever was 40 something else, something like that. I mean, yeah, like 2 and a half times. For me more. For me more for sure. No no, the longest podcast we ever did, you I think you did an interview those 3 and a half hours. I think it was 4 hours. Yeah, brody and think about it through everybody. What what is enough for you in life? So I'm not gonna ask it in the sense of what success you know, are you successful or you found success. It's more have you found the meaning of what enough is and if it isn't what does enough look like for you?
Unknown: Articuno, I was gonna say 1st mission based charts are baby PSA 10. Mewtee. Me too. That'll be $450,000. No. What is, what is enough? I can pretty content with life at the moment. I guess the anything that would make it better if I didn't have to work full time, that would be fun. Not having to work, but that's probably not gonna happen.
Juan Granados: Is that just one of those things which you've just, it's one of those words like, hey, it would be better.
Unknown: If I didn't work. However, it's enough. Like, I'm gonna I've got yeah. Like, you gotta yeah. You gotta work because you gotta work or you've gotta have income right to live, and so you wanna live at a certain standard. Some, you know, like I get to go traveling. I'm healthy. I'm happy. I get to go and, you know, do activities outside of, like, have hobbies and do stuff that I wanna do. I'm just trying to think what would be something else that I'd wanna do. You know? What what is what else can what what else do I wanna do? And I guess having more free time, like, time is time is time is the most valuable thing that we have, I think. So having more time to do more things would probably be that would be the extra like that would be if I had more time, I'd do more. So that's probably the where I don't have enough. Okay. I think, yeah, that's a that's a deep question. And I always have to go first. I think I don't get enough time to think about it. What about you? I kind of leave you in first because I have the same answers. Yeah. 1st edition charge off or or time? A first is in turn
Juan Granados: Oh, okay. Yeah. Yeah. That's what would be enough for your life. Good.
Unknown: Interesting. I don't know. I think the way things are going right now, I think, you know, I'm pretty content and stuff like what you know, it's not there yet in terms of everything. So it isn't it isn't yet enough? Yeah. I mean I mean I mean, I I foresee, like, a a lot of things happening in the next, like, few years and whatnot. And to be sort of more, like, more comfortable in life in terms of, you know, stability, bit more time, bit more traveling, and all that stuff. So, yeah. Okay. So more growth? More things? A bit more growth, but it's it's exciting, you know. The challenges there, like, the the journey so far has been great. It's been there'll be ups and downs along the way. So but, it's just good to share with, like, you know, your loved ones, your friends,
Juan Granados: families. Okay. And more to growth. Steven, are you out enough? Are you are you also similar path on more growth
Unknown: or more super like? I feel like there's never going to be enough no matter who you are or what you are. Yeah. To say that's you've got enough for you. I feel like that's selling or you're just, you know, thinking hard enough. I think there's always something to improve on, whether it's material, whether it's in yourself, whether it's in your spirituality. If you're into that thing, there's always something to look forward to if you just think because if you don't think so then no so good enough stop living. Okay, fine. I think that comes back to like that comes back to having time. Right? Like, yeah. Wisdom bombs over here, Steven. No, no, no. I'm I think that's in a certain extent. It's the meaning behind it. If one had said what you said, I would have been like, this dude, this dude knows nothing. Yeah, shut up. Here we go. A half an hour conversation about this. The you said content, I'm pretty sure Brady said content. I'm pretty sure someone else did as well. I'm happy with with content, like, wishing. So it was like wishing happiness on my kids. You know that? If, because when I was like, that's the thing like parents would probably say, oh, to be happy, it have this sort of lifestyle, because is what I found happiness and, and I just remember my dad advising me against quitting Rio Tinto, and kind of breaking up with my girlfriend at the time. And if I'd stayed in that job, and that relationship would have been awful. Like, I would have been, I would have had the trappings of success, but I would have been inwardly, deeply depressed and that and that would have been terrible both for her and for me. The the other thing with enough was I think that's it. There was another thing I had in my mind but it's gone gone.
Juan Granados: Gone to the Eva. Yeah, I mean, yeah, simply contentness but I don't know the the wording of enough. I'm like, Yeah, I think sometimes you can, you can get all creative with saying like, Oh, no, no, half enough. But I think I agree with Steven in the relation. Oh, you remember the relation of Yeah, I think if you're not growing, if you don't,
Unknown: I think there's there's a there's a pleasure in the evolution of getting somewhere else. And almost, I
Juan Granados: What was the thing that you remember?
Unknown: The I don't know if the similar experience for you guys, there was probably 2 or 3 things where if I died before I had done these, I would have regretted. I wish I would have gotten them done. Getting laid for the first time was definitely one of them. Traveling Latin America was was another those were probably the big 2. There's a couple others which are similar close to but if I if I hadn't done those, I would have I would have regretted not I've never had like that thought of like, I need to do this before I die or I'm like, going to regret it. Everyone's got a bucket list. I'm sure. Yeah, bucket list of stuff. But I never thought of it as like in those words saying, I better do this before I die. Yes. Yeah. But it's like those 2. Yeah. So I've still got a bucket list of tons of things I'd like to do. Yeah. I'd have a bucket list of stuff, but not a I don't do this. It's the end of like it's, you know, it's the end of the world for me.
Juan Granados: Yeah. I mean, I would have regretted not having a child. I think there's a certain amount of emotions and experiences that you get from that. That's like, oh, yeah. Yeah. You almost and lack of sleep. Yeah. And like you almost can't. Yeah. You definitely I think that's one of those. Maybe maybe there's a few different examples as well, where as much as I could try and illustrate, maybe I'm just not good enough with words or writing to explain what the feeling is like. It's like, oh, yeah. There's a certain different feeling to that. We're like, oh, man. This is, I think the closer would for me would be like a gym session. Like a 4 a. A gym session. Like a really good gym session where you're just like in the flow. Everything's amazing. You don't want to leave. You're lifting all the good stuff. That like level of euphoria I guess I would say it's like a comparison to me on like I said today going and hanging out at the beach with my my girl and I walked from where we were standing all the way like with her hand in my hand walking all the way down to the beach. And I was like, Damn, like this is like, I wouldn't you don't wanna be anywhere else. You're not thinking of anything else. Just like, cool.
Unknown: Wouldn't be any gross up. I'll be like, yo, your dad loves you as much as a really good gym session. Yeah. I was just thinking like gym session equals good day with me. I'm thinking we need to create quotes from each podcast. Like, the best best off handed quote. It'll be that.
Juan Granados: I love you I love you I love you as much as a good You mentioned if you got anything that you're like, oh man, that's that was like a I'm really glad I did that before I died type of deal or still exists in like a bucket list of sorts.
Unknown: Yeah. I think one of the things going on the to Everest, the Himalayas and stuff like everything. Yeah. I mean, Yeah. Basically, basically, I haven't like been, the climbing up the top is something in the stream. So it might come in, might not. But at least the sort of the So be like Cradle Mountain all over again. You'd be like, I'm gonna do it. I don't know it. I'm gonna do it. Just to clarify, I think the difference between what I was talking about and bucket list is bucket list is typically usually just thing you want to do. It's like, this would be really fun, or this would be exciting or something. For me, the the getting laid and going to South South America or Latin America was was kind of fear based ones. It was I was deathly afraid of kind of making those happen. So approaching girls for the first time And then also just flying into a country where I didn't speak the language. And it's like, oh my god, what are these people like? Yeah. So that that was just like the the slight difference. So I've got tons of bucket list type things as well. But which you've done, but which aren't you know, if if I never see the northern lights, it won't be that. Yeah, I won't say I wouldn't be like in the clouds or down below or whatever. Being like, oh, shit. I'd I regret my life because I didn't do that thing. Whereas if I didn't do those other 2, it would have been like, I was too weak. It was too weak to to make it happen. Because yeah, that's what I was trying to say is like the differentiation. I've never had something that I've been like, dead set. If I don't do this, like, it'll be the end, you know, the end of my life if I pass away. But, yeah, definitely the bucket list stuff. Yeah.
Juan Granados: There's a so this question is another one. I don't know. Mench of that surely. No. Hit me. Hit me. I'm ready. I'm ready. Hit me. I'm ready. Whichever whoever whoever post the the answer to this one. So I feel like for females, it's very easy amongst friend groups or connections or even relatively non, like, well connected groups to be able to vent, like vent about life, all the suffering of life, all the sadness of life all the shit stuff that happens in life where I don't I am I'm trying to really think hard I don't think I've ever been part of any group of guys where we've ever like sat down to talk about, oh, man. I had a really shit day today and this happened, man. I feel sad and I'm I feel terrible. I could probably count single fingers like one hand when I might have gone to a friend or something and be like fuck, I feel terrible. I mean, I went to Brody when I broke up with Jane. Yeah. About one of the only times I've ever done that run and don't like do I talk to somebody? Have you experienced or have you ever been in a group with guys because I think that's gonna be different with guys where you've actually been able to go, yep. And I'm gonna share like, fuck, I'm I am not doing good. This is really bad. Because I think a lot of times it can be so easy to not know that. And just kind of offhand say it and be like, Oh, yeah, it wasn't really doing that well that last week. Have you have you encountered that before? And if you have, what's the difference? What's what how has that become a thing in comparison to everywhere else? But maybe it doesn't happen by default.
Unknown: Yes. I mean, like, this is probably the closest to be honest that I've had to something like that. The problem with me is always just knowing whether it actually is a big thing or it's not. I don't know if it's the same for you or it's just how I work, but it takes me ages to like properly process something and be like, okay, all those decisions I was making were as a result of this thing. I can't prove this for certain but I had really bad wrist pain for like the last 4 ish months. And it pretty it was pretty not long after mom really started getting bad and ill where it was like this just thing, this thing just happened to my wrist. And I couldn't make rhyme no reason of why I was getting such bad wrist pain. And something similar, I guess, related to like, breaking up with my ex Andrea took a long, long time and a lot of things are happening then, I guess, like COVID and, yeah. So for me, it's it's kind of hard to, to vent or to like, even just to express the feelings themselves in real time, especially. So I mean, like, I suppose I could now like vent about Andre if you guys want to hear it, but it's like 4 years old. Like there's no there's no there's no, yeah, there's there's no point to it. So yeah, for me, it's it's always been it's kind of been unnecessary because it it takes so long to figure out for myself. Steven. Rachel. Alrighty. The one random thing I remember, Angel is he is. Yeah. This guy. She either was funny or not. It hit sometimes randomly come up to me and, tell me of his bodily ailments. And I never I never. It ain't weak to speak, Mitch. Yeah, I never I never saw it as awkward. I was just thought as being open, you know, like,
Juan Granados: I won't I won't go into detail, but, you guys are laughing. We would say, sir. What do you say? It's all right. I was like, I remember. Make sure you're the best.
Unknown: You're the best. But you know. What was this? Right. I think. Yeah. Say it, Steven. Tell him. Mean? Like your shingles, the the crabs you had,
Juan Granados: the Like something that you have in the leg that you're like, plugged as a bat. Yeah. I gotcha. Okay. He has to go in detail, but yeah.
Unknown: He probably knows exactly what I'm talking about. But, yeah, that's the sort of openness that not many people have. And I don't know, maybe he feels comfortable telling me these things. Maybe he doesn't know. I think he's a weirdo. I never I never took it the wrong way. I just because I even gave him my straight up advice. Okay. Yeah, No. I think, because I'm I think there was a period where I sort of got really injured and really weird things happening to me and I was like, yeah. And share with you. And to add to that, I did go through a really rough breakup back in the day, and he was probably the first person I went to to sort of say, hey, this fucked up. Yeah. Yeah. It's I think I think with guys it has to reach
Juan Granados: critical mass code 0 before it happens before we say
Unknown: things to another guy, which is bad and good. Maybe we know when to speak up.
Juan Granados: Well, part of the reason I was just questioning right is so 2 things. 1, well, the present one, I was driving on the Gold Coast yesterday. Just say, yeah, yesterday. I was like, fuck. Why is it taking fucking 3 hours to get down here, man? Like, it took me so long. Yo, labor hold. Someone committed suicide. They stepped in front of the truck, got smashed at a 100 case an hour. I was right in front of our website. Yep. Like, I drove by them as they put the body bag, like, they're putting them like the black body bag in them. And then I've had it Shit. Maybe twice twice in the last like few years. People like calling in a similar sense of being like shit man. I've had to call, like, you know, the help line. I'm feeling real shit. Like, this is what's happened, blah blah blah. Talking them through again. I don't know what I might have done to those individuals to be like, okay, you reach out in this way. Happy that they did. But it's often kind of go, man, we catch up, or others in other groups. Often it's the joking, it's the fun and I go maybe that's enough maybe that is enough in terms of going back to enough. You know, that's like the release valve that we need to enable like, you know, an enjoyable life to continue and be like, fuck. Okay. You know, even though this whatever happened, it was really good that we could laugh about this particular thing and yeah, we could always laugh financially, so that's fine. We do have that in
Unknown: I think we have, we've shared like really sort of deep stories, but in a more relaxing and fun way was like, sort of not a serious way. Like, we would make a joke about it. For example, If we went through something, we'll make a joke about it Mhmm. Always, but not like a way that's sort of like, oh, yeah. Yeah. And we'd make a joke about it after, like, a long time Mhmm. When we sort of yeah. So I feel like we we are sharing, but, you know, sort of a lighter way, but, like, later down the track. Yeah. Rather than Instead of, like, the same day. It happened. I'm gonna share it. Yeah. Yeah. That's a good point. What do you think we don't reach out soon? Because you've mentioned like, FEMA, like, chicks, like, have a network and they'll, you know, they can vent and they can talk to each other about stuff. But why are we like, why do we leave it? Why do we
Juan Granados: not because it's not bad? Like we just internalize it or think it comes to the point of the year, like what Karen said, maybe we we tend to analyze. So I mean, I'm thinking about myself. I tend to try to analyze it more. So I can't really speak it until I've, like, thought it through. But I think there's also an aspect of that stoicism style of Yeah. Yeah. But who am I to complain about this shit? Yeah. Cock to be like, oh, well, yeah, this happened. But this was and, you know, none of us did some like high level fucking thing. We were all like, living in this ridiculously rich life, but none of us are, you know, poor and wanting. I mean, all of us have good enough cars good enough, whatever. It's like, Yeah, well, yeah, but why complain? Complain about what you say I really had a shit day or, you know, a problem with my feet and stuff like that. But I don't move. I was gonna that was gonna be my example. I was gonna talk. Yeah. You know, I mean, like, so all of those things in it. Is it you know, I kind of think that maybe it's a bad thing that people don't talk about more immediately because maybe can either help you alleviate it in a quick way. Just Just difficult. I think it's just more difficult for the way that male groups are set up to interact than it is in probably others places.
Unknown: Yeah. It's good to talk about stuff, right? Yeah. Like I when I was so I'm currently acting up in a role at the moment. And when I got it, like in the 1st week, I was like, holy crap. Like, I can't do this. Yeah. I had it like. And now I've been doing it for the last 3 months, and we're at the market for a new person anyway. I'm gonna go for it. But long story short, I'm like in it, doing it now. And I'm like, oh, like, I was stressing out over nothing. And I had a conversation just by chance, like with Matt, like on the phone because I was saying, like, oh, like, I'm doing this. And it wasn't like I didn't really like it. It was nothing. Like, in hindsight, it's nothing. And like we had like, I had a chat to him about it, and basically said, Yeah, like, I'm kind of like nervous about doing this. I don't really know what I'm in for sort of thing. I've never done this. And but, yeah, like, in hindsight, it ended up being nothing. But, yeah, that that was, you know, a conversation. And I look even looked back at the conversation, I was like, oh, like, I probably didn't need to tell Matt that. Like, just what you were saying before about, like, oh, fuck. Like, we didn't need to tell people that. Like yeah. Like, oh, Matt probably didn't need to know about all that. But then then again, like, at the time in the situation, I was like, like, fuck, what am I doing? But yeah. So yeah, it's good to like, just, yeah, talk about it. I reckon talk about stuff and. Even the stuff that in hindsight afterwards, you go be hell. What was that? So what's the point of that? Yeah. Yeah.
Juan Granados: Yeah. You know the questions you got? No, man. We need to start wrapping up. Good. Alright. Well Good. Good. Anything else for anybody? Dude. No. Thanks for having us. Steven, Manchu, Brodie, Karen, myself, Juan. Thank you very much for joining us for everyone who's been tuning in live. I really do appreciate it. I know we took a little while to begin, but if you tuned in all the way, really do appreciate it from the moms to the sisters to the friends to the people all over the world. Thank you for tuning in. Really appreciate it. And, Kyren, I hope you do enjoy your travels over in Brazil. We will keep doing these live chat, shows between us. We'll see what time it lands, obviously. Let's just see how it how it plays out. Yeah. I mean, if you guys wanna jump in as well on a,
Unknown: what time would it be? It'll still be 7 PM. Yeah. Yeah. So if you guys feel like coming over to ones and yeah, that'd be fun. We're going to. We should definitely do one again like this. I really enjoyed it, so it's good. Nice. Yeah. Because the next I mean, the ones while I'm in Brazil are just going to be a bit more casual anyway. So I'll give you my funny stories and see how many jails I end up in and. And chase my dogs.
Juan Granados: I can't wait to hear about all the the death grip stories. It's still looking good. And with that, we're gonna end it. New Immortalized. Thank you very much for tuning in. Really appreciate it wherever you are in the world. Hope you're well. 1 out. Darn it. But good, good, good. Thank you. See you.