Speaker 1: With a rendre from New York.
Speaker 2: I'm from New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you grew up just partying and raging.
Speaker 2: I want to say, grew up partying and raging.
Speaker 1: I was twelve years old. You were drinking.
Speaker 2: Now you took it too far. I was born in New York. I was born in Harlem, Mount Sinai. I was born yes, yes, New York. CARDI b New York concrete. You got to be born on the asphalt for you to actually be in New Yorker.
Speaker 1: So you're tough. You're getting fights in middle school shop.
Speaker 2: I was put a pin in that. So then two years old, I moved to Oakland, California, and I lived.
Speaker 1: So extra tough. No Harlem to Oakland.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you no. I was living with my great aunt and great uncles. So I lived in a very like old neighborhood. Like everybody was over sixty five years old. All my neighbors, everybody nobody was young, went to church with older people. So I became like an old soul.
Speaker 1: Like it was just so you hung out with geezers all the time, all elderly people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 1: From bukers On, Florida. So those were tied the Oakland of Florida.
Speaker 2: No different because it's retired, like money citizen. These are like oh they they were in the civil rights movement. They were passing out bean pies.
Speaker 1: So it's like Stokey Carmichael, whoever that is Huey.
Speaker 2: Newton, Yes, Huey Newton if he had diabetes.
Speaker 1: And you know missing toes.
Speaker 2: Missing toes.
Speaker 1: Yes, So so you grew up in Oakland, Yes, grew up in Oakland and you were drinking. You're popping ex pills.
Speaker 2: They didn't let me do anything I had to have. They didn't let me have cereal that had sugar, and I had the regular corn flakes regular. And then I would have to say my great aunt and uncles, I live with him. I didn't live in my moum. You didn't. No, I was with it. They raise me.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're a wild child.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So from two to thirteen I live with them, and very like old school. I couldn't have any friends. I only was with my cousins.
Speaker 1: I couldn't have friends. How was that old school? That's not that's not a real thing. No, I can't have friends.
Speaker 2: I think, very like religious.
Speaker 1: But they were Jehovah's witness.
Speaker 2: They were not Jehovah's Jehovah's witness.
Speaker 1: They were you believe only one hundred and forty four thousand people get No.
Speaker 2: They just was like, the Lord is your friend. You don't need friends.
Speaker 1: So they were like, yes, yes, that's where we were. That's how they work.
Speaker 2: You've never been to church, never was, It's clearly. I was like, this is a bad impersonation of church and Jewish Catholic.
Speaker 1: I knew this religious.
Speaker 2: I said, he's not gonna get it right, and I'm not gonna get struck down because of this.
Speaker 1: I will yeah, go to Hell already. I don't care.
Speaker 2: You see the light click right now because it is easy. Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you very spiritual as well? Do you have a Wigi board?
Speaker 2: Well that's not spiritual, yes it is. No, it's not. I talked to the undead that the Ouiji board is for the heathens. We don't do that. I'm not trying to revoke the spirits.
Speaker 1: Oh I revoke the spirits.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm playing records backwards. I'm pooring purple fucking candles on my chest.
Speaker 2: It's crazy that you were like, you were doing drugs and you're drinking it. As a kid, I couldn't even have sugar because they had everything they had with sugar free.
Speaker 1: Oh so you had a very almost a rigid upbringing. Yes, so rigid that when you turn thirteen you started popping pills and no, okay, when did the drugs and then drinking come up?
Speaker 2: I'm going to say. I'm going to say, like, I went to college, and I remember Absolute Citron had a choke hold on me. So I was drinking that and ninety nine apples solely ras hypnotic. It was that. But that's college. That's college. Yes, Like, no, no, no, we passed them hard limited. We don't no, no, no, we didn't do none of straight. Massachusetts were in Massachusetts, Worcester. I went to Clark University.
Speaker 1: You went there, you went to school, fucking dude.
Speaker 2: I was working at the Auba mall. I was going to ask her a secret. Yeah, it was a good time. I'm gonna say that drugs happened like right after college because I was interning at a public relations firm and nightlife for that I kind of got hooked up somebody from there. Okay, I had a friend that was I was interning with. She went to university in Miami or whatever. She was like, Oh, they party there, And I had never been to Miami, so I didn't know how they party. But she always would like have all this energy and we'd be at the clubs and she was like jumping off banquettes and dancing all night. And I was like, how does she doing this? Like it's not just baka cran. Eventually I asked her. I was like, Yo, what's up with this? She was like, Oh, it's party goods. So the line was really long, and she's like, we don't need to do it in the bathroom. We went outside.
Speaker 1: This is after college. After college, this happened in New York.
Speaker 2: This happened in New York though. She but I'm saying she's a Miami person. So yes, so from Miami. The reason why of the story is about to come. Then you'll see what I'm talking about. So she's that we're outside in the nightclub, and she's like, we're just gonna do the bumps outside, which is not a New York thing. We don't do that, but she says that's how to do it in Miami. It's not a big deal. So she does some and before I could even get a bump in, the DT's come undercover cops. They're in a Texi and so the first time I was about to do cocaine, couldn't because the undercover cops come. I throw the bag. Literally they catch it.
Speaker 1: They catch it. It was like hops catch.
Speaker 2: The catch I literally I threw it into the hands pretty much. They catch it.
Speaker 1: And so why did you do that?
Speaker 2: Because foolish. I was scared. I heard that, I heard them, and I threw it and it was.
Speaker 1: The worst situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, they they laughed at how foolish I was. So then you were like, yeah, exactly. And so so then I'm crying immediately because I was like, we're going to jail. We're going to jail. And my friend, she's short, Latina, also Jewish, big titties.
Speaker 1: And her numbers.
Speaker 2: Knockers knock or hit you in the face.
Speaker 1: Is she coming over the way?
Speaker 2: She was so calm, She's like, we're going to be fine, and I was like, tears coming over. We're going to jail. I don't having money. I'm a black woman. This is crazy. They come and they look at us and they take our D's and they see where she's from, and they're like, what are you doing over here? Why are you doing such a thing? And then me tears just streaming down, and then they're looking at her like why are you hanging out with me? They think I'm the bad guy, and I'm like, hey, I ain't never done this before. I don't even get none. Check my blood. There's no drugs inside of it test right now. Literally, no party goods have been in my system. So then they go through her wallet and they look and through stuff, and all of a sudden, they're like, all right, come with us. They don't handcuff us, they don't law and order us. There's no Miranda rights, no click click nothing. We're in the back of the taxi. The taxi because they're in a taxi car. They're in an undercover Yes, it was in a yellow cab. We get in the back of the cab and they're like, so, what y'all want to eat? And she she was like see, and I was like okay, and I'm still scared. I was like, oh, they're gonna murder us, Like they're gonna go eat. They take us to a diner and she's like, order whatever you want. Like, it was just big titty energy, like we're gonna, We're gonna.
Speaker 1: They were like you guys, yes, they were just like, forget about the coke, let's go on a little date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. I was like, Oh, I just want a side of eggs and like toast. She's like, she's like getting waffles, Get get a grand slam, bitch, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: She's like hustler, yes exactly.
Speaker 2: Because she's lit and she's having a good time. They stay with us for like two hours.
Speaker 1: They asked her, ma.
Speaker 2: She's married now, but she can she's free as a bird, So then, wow, you would have actually liked her. She's a reform woman. And now anyways, they drop us off. She's like, can you believe they didn't give us our coke back? I spent my last fifty on the on the coke. She gets it. She had gotten their number at the dock. She said, I'm gonna call them up. I'm gonna get our drugs back.
Speaker 1: A woman, maybe you blow her maybe.
Speaker 2: Years later, I'm like, girl, can you remember that time we were supposed to get arrested? And I'm thinking I was like, it's because you're so hot, you're boobs. She's like, no, my cousin's a cop. They saw the little car. There's a card when like you're a relative of like, wait, how do I get that you got cop relatives? There was something there's something like some kind of like waiver or something like. But for the longest time, I was like I and I was flat as a board. I was like, it's because I don't have titties.
Speaker 1: I need titties. Based on that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, afterwards, I was like and she was like, no, girl, I have a you know, we and a fam. What are you talking about? And so it blew mine the whole time. I was like she she's she's a shortie, she's a chicken nugget, but she's got bodies. She got the boo and she got the like Miami like you know, you're doing what I say, like dominatrix energy, and she's the whole time, and she actually hit them up for her drugs. I said, girl, if you go to jail or end up dead, they don't have nothing to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's incredible woman. What a powerful woman with a recdre