Speaker 1: This is history. What you've done. What you guys should do?
Speaker 2: A platform that injuries breast, world's most morning Joe Burke's good DJ Vy every playing by record I made just hilarious.
Speaker 1: She's done about it. Charlamagne the god made you think they'd like the controversial questions. We're taking his fuss.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Thanks Breakfast Club. Good morning Usa.
Speaker 4: Oh yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Yo.
Speaker 5: I almost got my voice back because almost there, I met about eighty eight percent. Good morning. Charlemagne is not here yet, Essilarius is not here as well. Jess is here?
Speaker 1: What up, Jess? How you feeling, Jess? I'm feeling good? Yo. He wasn't here.
Speaker 4: He didn't know.
Speaker 6: How was he boosted to know?
Speaker 1: He wasn't getting right? Was right here?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: He wasn't.
Speaker 5: Good morning, guys, how you having morning? You were like stage? I just lit the candles. Okay, oh your voice is coming back coming back. I'm like eighty eight percent, I'm almost there.
Speaker 1: Okay, good surgery, so you must have got it.
Speaker 3: Like the day we no surgery, then went off no literally and then healed up.
Speaker 1: No surgery.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think and this is Envy's thing, Emmy be getting sick. But he'd be scared to admit that he's sick because he sit right next to a pregnant woman.
Speaker 1: So I think he'd just be like, no, I'm not sick.
Speaker 5: He just started coughing, sneeze and everything, and yesterday he was like, I'm almost there. I'm just I'm almost done. You add to the sickness is out your system now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the sickness and the surgery, there's no damn surgery. It's all good man. We respect you and love you regardless.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: And shout to Olivia Rodriguez. That's a name.
Speaker 3: Yes, I can't believe you sitting there, Riguez, Olivia Rodriguez, I.
Speaker 1: Should be doing.
Speaker 5: She had a show last night. I guess she had four sold out shows. So I took my daughter last night to see her. Uh and boy did she have a great time. My daughter is ten years old. I actually didn't take her. The oldest daughter took her, but I drove him because I don't trust New York City, So I actually drove him and me and the wife had a date night. But my daughter had such an amazing time and she said that, you know, she was an amazing performer.
Speaker 1: She was out to like ten o'clock.
Speaker 5: I bought her one of her little cowboy hats that light up, so she was super duper excited, super duper stoke last night.
Speaker 1: I was the best dad ever. That he was the best. Thank you for the tickets to seat you so well.
Speaker 5: So we had a good time, and me and the wife we did a date night at this restaurant in New York City called Tatianas Have you ever been there? No charm, It's a fusion African and Caribbean. So this guy, I guess this chef, he was on top Chef. He's like a Michelin star, Top five chef. And the food was amazing. He was actual supposed to come on the shot. I don't know what happened, but food was amazing. But you don't like Caribbean food like that, though I did. It depends, it depends, but I like how you just flexed on this. So we went to Tatiana have you ever been there?
Speaker 8: Year?
Speaker 1: It was like top five chefs.
Speaker 3: Five star chef, like so funny. He was just waking up trying to get Buscus. I didn't talking about him, damn stop Top five Stars. I didn't really know much about the restaurant. Somebody put me onto it, so I went to check it out.
Speaker 1: But it was dope. Like they have they have like oxtail dumplings they have, Oh yeah, I like stuff like that. They got dope.
Speaker 3: Seventy dollars a plate too rich for my blood that it wasn't right.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 3: All the young kids been on Olivia Rodrigo for at least the last three four years.
Speaker 1: She's a singer.
Speaker 3: She's a singer. Absolutely. My daughter and her friend been on Olivia Rodrigo. Yeah, it was, and then they kind of moved on what she kind.
Speaker 1: Of moved on. This is in Phoebe Bridges fifteen.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, minus ten, so she's still on the Olivia Rodrigo. But it was a good show last night. So salute to everybody out there. I see I've seen a lot of people out there bringing their kids there last night. So let's get the show crack and Alice Randa will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Alice Randall had a new book out called My Black Country, A Journey through country Music's Black Black Past President in Future. Alice is a professor at Vanderbilt and she is the first black woman to ever write a number one country song. She wrote a number one country song for Tricia Yeale would call it xxxoos. And her new book is the latest release off my book in print, Black Privilege Publishing. So she'll be here to talk about my black country all of y'all walking around in cowboy hats, okay, in cowboy boots because of Beyonce. All Right, y'all need to know something about the history of black people in country music, and she's here to tell you all about it this morning.
Speaker 1: All right, And we got front page news next, and don't move. It's to breakfast club. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Let's get in some front page news now. John Morant was in court yesterday and the judge rule that he was he was raised. He was fairly raised self defense, meaning you know, he was on a trial for allegedly punching somebody in the face. And what happened was the judge said it wasn't an assault, it was self defense.
Speaker 8: According to court records, Miran invited then seventeen year old Joshua Holloway and several other players to his family's home in July twenty two two to play a series of pickup games. After Morant repeatedly scored on Holloway, he allegedly refused to check the ball, then threw it at Morant's space. According to court documents, Morant questioned the team, pulled up his shorts and squared up with Moran, then Moran hit him.
Speaker 9: This week, a judge ruled Moran is protected by the state's self defense laws. That doesn't mean the lawsuit goes away, though, just that it's an uphill battle for Holloway's legal team.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with that. See, I didn't know those details.
Speaker 3: You know, somebody you know pull up these shorts and square out. That means that they might be about to do something to you. So you needed to defend yourself. And I don't care how old they are you think of seventeen year old can't hurt you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Could you imagine telling that to the judge, you know, because you got to explain to the judge. But pulling up the shorts means if he's not culturally, culturally, No, no, no, go on, that's culture all over. What are you talking about? Pulling up your shorts, pulling up your pants?
Speaker 1: Get ready to fight? Yes, that ain't just a black thing you talking about. That's what people doing. You're about to fight, don't you mean? He said, coach, I just say black thing? But you know what other cults are you talking about it? What other cot are you? Dominican? Never mind, you're right now.
Speaker 5: Also SOUTHWX, Southwest Jet makes an emergency landing after an engine cover falls off. Now, the plane, which was a Boeing seven thirty seven eight hundred, returned safely, But there's mad videos out there where you can actually see the engine cover flying off the plane, which pushes more to people that are saying that Boeing might not be putting these planes together right.
Speaker 10: Already under unprecedented scrutiny. Boeing is tonight facing new allegations. The FAA tells NBC News it's investigating new whistleblower claims first disclosed by The New York Times, made by a Boweing quality engineer who warns the seven eighty seven Dreamliners fuselage was improperly fastened together and a letter to the FAA. His attorney writes it is likely to cause premature fatigue failure over time in two major airplane joints that could cause the plane to break apart after many thousands of flights.
Speaker 11: Is alleging that Boeing knowingly took a series of manufacturing shortcuts in the construction of the seven eighty seven.
Speaker 3: People with common sense are gonna say, clearly, somebody at boring and then doing something right. Seems to me like they're trying to get things done, you know, fast, fast and cheap.
Speaker 1: About the bowing, they've been doing this for years and years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people with commisants go and see that they're clearly trying to do things you know, fast and cheap. People without commis sin's gonna blame it on DEI.
Speaker 5: And lastly, this is something that's going down in New York, but they're saying that this could be affected across the country. Mayor ros Baraka and Public Safety Director announced at beginning Friday that they're gonna have curfews for kids if you're under eighteen years old and you have to be one hundred yards from your house and this is between eleven pm and five thirty am. This is because they are scared of the rise of violence. So they're making kids stay home unless you're with a parent, or you have to go to or from work or anything that happen to do with the church, or you have to go to the mosque, anything like that. But the same with that that this can be affected, you know, throughout the country. More mayus might be you know, taking this in making your kids are off the street at night?
Speaker 1: What about them crazy as adultes? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I know them kids be wilding, but some of these goddamn adults be wilding too.
Speaker 1: What if it's people over eighteen that's out here you can't make the adults or what if they the one cause into trouble.
Speaker 3: I need to know, and I think that what you know, I think Red Rock is a great mass lu Medverrock.
Speaker 1: I don't want to lose bump from ever Rocks.
Speaker 3: But I just wonder, how do they know it's just specifically the kids, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's what I would love.
Speaker 5: But I'm sure they know what the crime is and they've been probably been arresting kids or they've been getting kids off the streets, and they.
Speaker 1: Want to make kids are off the street. I love to know. I'd love that.
Speaker 3: I'd love to know because some of these crazy asadults need to be home at a certain time too. Okay, well, you can't just put curfew on the you need to Jesus. Some of them can't control theyself, all right. Sometimes you got to stop.
Speaker 1: People, uh from from from from hurting theyself. All right.
Speaker 5: Well that is front page news. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If something's bothering you, you got something on your mind, maybe your baby mama, whatever it may be, maybe your boss, your baby daddy, doesn't matter, call us up right now. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Get it off your chest. It's the breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 1: The breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait up. Whether you're man or bless, it's time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 12: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: You're energy?
Speaker 1: What's up? Try hey baby Sola? Well that's are pieces. What's happening you recover yet.
Speaker 4: I called this add two more things about day Cold. It's two more things real quick.
Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 4: All right, Kendrick fan, I just watch you out to know, y'all better stop biting the hand that edge all because without Cold Cold help Kendrick his career and adduced to him to doctor Dre. And also he's still kenching Lamar from getting a drain part of him from giddy. They y'all gonna stop disrespected Cold.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know about that. I've heard that story before.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how you know a guy in Compton would need somebody from North Carolina to introduce him to doctor Dre. But here's here's the thing, Drave, I want you to remember this. When the fall off drop, everybody gonna jump right back on J Cole. D okay, when the fall off drop is gonna be a free call party on social media, and all these people that's acting like they don't like J Cole gonna be the first one at.
Speaker 1: The freak off party. You know how this game? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely well, I hope you make the flyers for the freak off party and I'll see you there sean fall off drop.
Speaker 3: It's happening. You know how this society works. We are at the d riding society right now. It's cool to act like you're so mad at J Cole and J Cole killed hip hop. When J Cole drops his new album to fall Off, everybody gonna jump right back on J Cole d.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could not like what somebody does or artist does, but but the man people like, I hate him. I'll never like him again.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, it just sounds like you're stupid. You could have like a move that somebody makes. You cannot like a song somebody makes. But all of a sudden, he's the worst person ever started.
Speaker 3: It will be wiping your mouth when the fall Off drop. Watch the same people acting like they can't stand cold. Now gonna be using his penis for transportation when the fall off drops.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Hello, crazy, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey from Philly?
Speaker 13: Hey, how y'all doing?
Speaker 9: Ring?
Speaker 14: Gragulaated girl. I've been moving for you from day one.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 14: I just want to just say a little bit of opportuivility to everybody. I know everybody's want something, so I just wanted to say, but a little bit of pop. And I know you're going to control the music, but I would see if you can get Thursday Lives.
Speaker 3: Okay, of course we can make that happen for you. One of the greatest records of all time. Okay, that record right there is like therapy to me.
Speaker 14: Journaling.
Speaker 1: All right, mama, we'll get it on for you this morning.
Speaker 14: Can I get start my podcast out real quick? Of course, it's the Intellect A podcast is on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: And okay, Hey mama, Hey.
Speaker 14: Thank y'all. Have a good day everybody.
Speaker 1: I love y'all back.
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: If you need to event, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Oh my god, you got to be damn kiddedy.
Speaker 4: You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 1: On three? Hello, what's your name is the author?
Speaker 16: Hey y'all, Hey the a. This is the author m J l that's saying for more juc lips and I am calling to list Charla may know what happened last year the black a pet Podcare to me?
Speaker 5: All right, well tell us about it Morey's juicy lips.
Speaker 16: I wanted to say, hey, y'all, I can't believe it was talking with Charlote Maine.
Speaker 1: NB at dance.
Speaker 6: I love y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, they love me more.
Speaker 3: You're coming to the festival on April twenty seven.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, yeh, look, Charlamage, I got my tickets the same day when you announced it at twelve o'clock. I told my daughter, let's get those tickets and we are coming this year again.
Speaker 3: Last year, yeah, we had a time last year. Were gonna have a time this year too.
Speaker 16: Let me tell you what happened on Charlemagne. I was almost in the fight up there at the place where Carlos Miller and Nave Green.
Speaker 1: Hell you about to fight Carlos and the half for.
Speaker 16: Let me tell you. They were on the stage. We waited all day for them to come, and so they started talking to the audience and they was like, does anybody have a small business? So I started telling them about my books. I write a rotical and so I was telling them the story about the Black lady. It's the lady in my book. The main character, uh huh was let me see give us something to a white man, and Collins got mad when I said that I.
Speaker 1: Can understand that man. Man.
Speaker 16: The book is about a black sl serial killer, so there was a point for that.
Speaker 1: Oh so she ended up killing Mas after she had Master's meat.
Speaker 16: But it's a good killed.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 16: I got backstage and I met you and I shook your hand. You were sending there the dollar, yep. And after the event was over, we were waiting for you to come out, and I gave her a bag of books. She was very sweet and everything too. I gave her three books for you, and I gave her a copy of Are You Their Guy to Be? Martin, because you and I both loved that book. We read that when we were kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was with Judy a couple of days ago. I was me and Judy. I spent some quality time with Judy two days ago. Judy Bloom, I know you didn't get my bag.
Speaker 16: I'm coming back this year.
Speaker 4: I need to meet too.
Speaker 16: I didn't even know y'all had the IP tickets. I'm mad, tick I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of you, I p sold out. But you know what, I'm sure you'll get back stage. We'll get a check to see you. Don't say that, no, I'm sure.
Speaker 16: Then. Look we're gonna be there acting, cluding me and my daughter. Now we're gonna be looking out for you.
Speaker 1: Jess will be on that stage.
Speaker 3: Jess will be on that stage doing her carefully reckless podcast. And we got Wallowing Gilly on the stage, Horrible Decisions, the Poor Minds podcast, just to name a few.
Speaker 1: So we'll see y'all April twenty seventh, fin Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Man, make sure you go get your tickets at a Ventbright dot com or Black Effect dot com Slash Podcast Festival, all right.
Speaker 5: And get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. If you need a Vent, you can hit us up. Now we got just with the Mess coming up. Yes, the Kyla Pratt drops a very important message about birth.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we'll get to that next. Don't move. It's to the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club, Good morning. We are to breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the Mess.
Speaker 17: You use this reals, Jessica robber Moore just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Talk Talk World, Why Jess World, which.
Speaker 1: On the Breakfast She's a coach of shot.
Speaker 18: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could.
Speaker 6: Get you to see the time to set it off.
Speaker 5: That's the way I've been in another world sometimes, like pregnancy, brain whatever. Because I'm thinking, we want a whole another segment. I got to deliver the news right now, Yes, just right. First of all, yeah, I know, but I'm like Overheit showing gum and Lila Land think about something I want to eat, and I got to talk about this anyway, I know. Kyler Pratt talks about feeling dismissed by her nurse during her second pregnancy. So the latest episode of Recipe for Change, which is a show by Tasian Ali, Kyler pretty talked about the nurse who ignored her during her her birth.
Speaker 1: I second pregnancy.
Speaker 19: I went into labor early and being in the hospital and I told the nurse there that I was having contractions, and she looked at the machine and she said, no, you weren't, mum m. And I said, yes, i am. I've done this before. Go get my doctor and luckily standing up for myself in that moment. My daughter is here now because she went to get my doctor. My doctor said, oh, you're six centimeters dilated. Now we have to do an emergency C section. But because I was so small, it wasn't showing up on the machine. And in that moment, I didn't really recognize when people weren't listening to me because I was young, because I'm Black, and because I'm a woman.
Speaker 3: That's why the Black Maternal Death Ord is what it is, because these doctors don't take Black women serious when they tell them something is wrong exactly.
Speaker 5: And I love to hear us black black women speaking on healthcare experiences like that. That's another reason why remember I was selling both y'all, I don't want to have my baby in the hospital. I want to do this in like a birthing center, or I want to do home births. Like That's why it's important for midwives and duelas and more more black women to be in that industry.
Speaker 1: You know, we need more health black healthcare workers.
Speaker 3: And those dulas can catch things that you know, like Kyla said, she missed and she was like, you know, she didn't know to stand up for herself like those douelers.
Speaker 1: That's what those douelers are for, to fill in those gaps.
Speaker 5: And to talk for you because you and you in pain, your mind is everywhere or you haven't experienced it before like most of their first experience, so they don't know what their experience, what their body's going through.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 5: And like I said, I tell people now more openly open about it now. When I was having ash and I had an epidoro and you know, and the doctor was like, so this student is gonna do your apido and yeah, and I'm young, you know, I'm twenty. I'm like, yo, I'm hurting whatever. Whoever got to do it do it. And I had to be stuck twice like that that need it when you're backing and you gotta be careful and you got to stay as.
Speaker 1: Still as you can because you can be paralyzed.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So I just wish that I would have she got that money and I wouldn't have to be with y'all.
Speaker 3: She lou to all the duelers out there, because doulas are important even with guys, right, because when you a guy and you see your woman in pain.
Speaker 1: Like that you bugging out.
Speaker 3: You be talking to the nurses and everybody crazy, so smooth, all the duelas that keep things calm, dropping the clues bombs to lay from Thomas Ms Cloe Mavin.
Speaker 1: She was all dula for her last last two.
Speaker 5: Yes, Nice Billy Dy Williams says actors should be allowed to wear blackface. He has sat down with Bill Maher on this podcast and they were talking about the white actor who played a black character in the movie Othello Today.
Speaker 1: I mean, they would never let you do that. Why black face? Why not? Because you should do it. That's your point of view. If you're an actor, you should do anything you want to do. That's a great point of view, but the theater would be bombed. As an actor, you should be able to do what everything you think you can do, you should be able to do it. The point is, and that's a great attitude, but it still did happen. But I mean it comes from it, and you don't go through life feeling like I'm a victim. Correct. I couldn't agree with that more.
Speaker 5: While I understand the end part, I do understand like you can't go through life on like a victim? Does he not know where black face came from and how like I mean, I just I was. I was rather shocked to hear his take on that, and Bill Marer kept trying to bring it back like, no, yo, this is you know. But but like I said, he not thinking about it from that point of view.
Speaker 1: He was more so like an actor can do anything. If you're an actor, that's.
Speaker 5: What you do, you know what I'm saying, Like you push limits and you do things that you wouldn't do in your real regular life.
Speaker 1: You're acting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, black face is just a specific thing though, because it's the practice of non black performers and they used to put the you know, the black paint on their face to portray characters of black people, right, so it would also it would always it would always be like these offensive stereotypes of black people making us look the worst. So, no, you shouldn't be allowed to wear black face. But you know, I can see pushing a limit. Yeah, but I can see his argument for people being able to act as black people.
Speaker 5: And then the movie and Othello the white guy, he said, Billy Dee said, he fell out laughing because they put a big ass.
Speaker 1: On the character. That's that's that's a character. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I just don't see what the need for that would be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need like it's plenty of black actors and actresses out here. We don't need no white people. We don't tending to be black people at this point. I don't see the need for that. In twenty twenty four and I think eighty.
Speaker 1: Eight years old, right or ninety years he's up.
Speaker 5: There, he is all heah, I been around for a lunchich and he looks good to he still looks good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Zindea wishes she would have went to school instead of being a child actor. So she recently spoke to Vogue about working at just fourteen years old and her becoming the breadwinner of the family very early. She got her start in twenty ten on Disney show Shake It Up, and she said she feels like she's going through her teenager phase right now, you know, as a grown woman, because she didn't really get to have a childhood. She didn't get to live out her teenage years as a teenager because she was always working. She quoted, I'm very tense, and I think that I carried that from being a kid and never really having an opportunity to just try it.
Speaker 1: And I wish I went to school. So they're basically saying she tied.
Speaker 6: Y'ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's so tired. She been working for a long, long, long, long, long.
Speaker 5: Time, and stuff like that makes me sad because I'm like, like, she really wished that she could have a childhood and that was that was like, that's a lot of these kids, a lot of these actors that we watch on TV, and then I grew up watching like, you know, like China the Lady, the McClain sisters, China McClain and all of them younger kids, and they wanted childhoods. Like but there's some people that she started them. She was like, uh, she was fourteen, Like Mary Kate, Nashley Alston, they start him.
Speaker 1: They was two years old.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 1: Their first role was on Full House. So I just be like, dang, do they all feel like? I hate that? Then days growing up?
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, because I saw the trailer for the new movie she In and she kissing two boys at the same time. Then before that, you had euphoria. So when you got children that grew up off Casey Undercover and they just liked in there, they want to see all of this too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like damn, I always wanted with childhood actors and childhood performers, like because the parents have to give up their lives to make sure that they can support the child that they're there, so they don't have a Nickelodeon type of thing, right, So you got to make sure you're there, so you sacrifice your life for your kids, which is.
Speaker 1: Fine, But then when your kids get to an age, when do you let them go?
Speaker 5: Because your whole life has been your kids, Your whole finances have been your kids. So I wonder how that works because we've seen them with Britney's spare, his father and all these other dads. But I understand it now is the parents had to give up their lives, right, but now all of their relationships are strange. Look at Brittany and her father, ye right, true.
Speaker 3: Because they probably feel like they were getting pushed when they didn't want to get pushed and they probably didn't want to quit, and the parents are like, no, we gotta get this money. Now they old enough to understand that they was nothing but indentured charvits. They're like, f y'all, Okay, I'm sick of it is all right. Well that was just with the mess.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we'll tell you about this man who's suing fifty women who put on I guess some type of app that he was a bad day.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's right. Well it's not them, sir.
Speaker 5: Well we'll talk about it when we come back as the Breakfast Like in the morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody. It's DJ n V, Jess Hilariy and Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: All right. Now, I'll just tell you some clips stories.
Speaker 5: Of course, we had the eclipse on Monday, but some people weren't too happy.
Speaker 1: In Mexico.
Speaker 5: They showed the clips on TV and they got in trouble because they accidentally showed a man's testicles instead of the solar eclipse. Oh my god, that's first of all on the TV screen, so it was supposed to be and they accidentally showed a man's testify.
Speaker 1: I need to see why only showed me this before we got on there. Show me the type. I want to see how this happened.
Speaker 3: You want to see, yes, I want to see how these type of things happen we have that don't even make any sense.
Speaker 5: But somebody left the comment was like, I didn't expect to see the eclipse. I didn't expect to see testicles. I would expect to see uranus instead of the What was the man doing?
Speaker 1: Though? Like why was he even on the screen? Mad fast?
Speaker 5: So it was I guess they went to the footage of supposed to be showing the eclipse and it showed the man's testicles.
Speaker 1: I don't know how the testicles got did this man? But why did this man just have his testicles? What's going on in Mexico? Mine his business? That was supposed to be streaming somewhere else that was but clearly it was in the public, Like why are you just out with your nuts haanging in the public. I don't know how they messed that up.
Speaker 5: Also, somebody came up with this bright idea to have an eclipse flight where a flight was one thousand dollars and it was a delta flight actually, and it would be flying where you could actually.
Speaker 1: See the eclipse in the air.
Speaker 5: Well, because of the clouds, the people that paid a thousand dollars could not see it.
Speaker 1: So they got some goodie backs they got hat.
Speaker 5: Socks and a moon pie and son chips, and they didn't get that thousand airline that was Delta actually real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm adults, remember that's clowned out.
Speaker 3: I saw that in Jersey when I was looking at the eclipse Monday, there was a plane and I said that. I was like, I said, I wonder if that's a plane just for the eclipse because it was like a smaller plane.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm sure it was Jesus. Now this man is suing fifty women for calling him a bad date. Now, this guy's in California. He's lasting out of fifty women on Facebook for allegedly saying that his date was horrible and that he was whack and that he was trash.
Speaker 1: And here's the women that he is suing, two of them. Actually, it's very bizarre. The accusations are baseless.
Speaker 16: I feel not just for myself, but for my co defendants and for the other women that he's gone after.
Speaker 20: Olivia Berger and Vanessa Valdez are just two of multiple women being sued for defamation, libel, sex based discrimination, and other allegations by Stuart Lucas Murray.
Speaker 1: He's basically seeing us for two point six million dollars in damages.
Speaker 20: It all started with this post on the Facebook group are We Dating the same Guy? When Olivia and Vanessa saw the post and all the comments, they added their own experiences.
Speaker 1: He seemed, in my opinion, pretty smug and very arrogant. The entire date. He was putting me down for various things on my job included.
Speaker 20: Vanessa never went on a date with Murray because she says she didn't like the messages he sent her, at one point, even calling her a moron.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you could sue anybody.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't to sue anybody, if anything, but the fact that you could just sue somebody from calling them a bad date.
Speaker 21: But the date was bad, and they're all fifty of them.
Speaker 1: Well, he talks about why he's doing it.
Speaker 20: They contacted Murray for comment, but he declined an on camera interview. Instead, he directed us to this website with a long statement that says, in part, this action is not a game, and the accusations against the defendants are serious. I rejected each of.
Speaker 1: Them and cut them off quite swiftly.
Speaker 20: Instead of going their separate ways, they went on for months and years to spread this information about me and countless others. Their actions were deliberate and they are now playing the victims.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's sewing these women for two point six million dollars and not gonna win. I don't think it's going. It's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: You spend them on more money, going to court for fifty women, then you're gonna ever get this is weird very well. So basically it's like a defamation thing. Defamations here yep, but you're not famous saying that, messing up his name. And lastly, we got to talk migrants. Now, a crew of Venezuelan migrants with rap sheets allegedly targeted Target. Yes, they went and target, They ransacked the target, take things out of target, and then when the when.
Speaker 1: The cops came, they allegedly beat up the cops.
Speaker 5: Now, the accused criminals were part of a crew of six that allegedly yanked items off displays in the store and did a whole bunch of other things. And because of the bail reform, these guys were pretty much released right after Where's this It's New York.
Speaker 1: You saw you saw the stuff they were stealing, like you know cereal, and you know they were.
Speaker 5: Basically stealing Doriteau Strawberry's bottled waters and things like that.
Speaker 3: I told y'all weeks ago that America doesn't have the resources for this influx of migrants, and like most people who can't get buy in this country, the migrants whore want to resort to what to survive crime, Okay, and when you look at what they throw, you see it's just some essentials to survive. Yeah, but this is a problem of America's own creation. Could never forget. Mayor Adams said, New York with a sanctuary city, Well, so those governess protectors in Florida send them right on over.
Speaker 1: This is what may Adam said, because it was everything that's going on.
Speaker 13: What I said, even with those who are undocumented and those who are micros and asylum seekers, if you are repeated offender of a violent act in this city, after you serve your time, you need to leave this city.
Speaker 1: That is my position.
Speaker 22: People should not come here and be violent to everyday citizens of the city and to other migrants and asylum seekers because some of the incidents we're seeing they're attacking other micros and asylum seekers who just want to come in and pursue the American dream.
Speaker 3: Is that considered the violent though? I mean, they shoplifted and then I guess they resisted.
Speaker 5: The rest beating up the police. Police, don't they beat him up, But they were rocks at the officer. One officer was taken to the hospital.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you don't think they beat them up, but they just do rocks at them. That shouldn't be a biggie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but think about what they were doing. I'm not making excuses for them. I'm just saying they were trying to survive. They were stealing out of a store because they were needed food. Is throwing rocks considered violent?
Speaker 1: Yes? What the hell is wrong with Yes, throwing rocks is violent. But like you said, they were trying. They got done. They got You know, what I'm saying they were not.
Speaker 3: A violent act of me is like, you know, running up in the stow and actually causing somebody bodily harmed just for the sake of causing them bodily harmed. They weren't doing that, but they said they wrestled, shoves, slapped, and pushed them in an attempt to resist. The wild struggle left one officer with swelling redness and pain on his left arm he was taking to the local hospital where he was treated and released. Well, another suspect who has not been caught with throwing rocks.
Speaker 1: At the offices, but the officers were not strip We'll never forget.
Speaker 3: Mayor Adams said New York was a sanctuary city, right, So those governors from Texas and Florida sentthing right on over here.
Speaker 1: So now you got to deal with those deal with those issues, all right.
Speaker 5: Well that is front page news, all right. Now, when we come back eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, let's talk DDG and Chloe Bailey. Now DDG recently did an interview, and during the interview he talked about trying to get Chloe Bailly jealous while she was there, and he texted his x DM dees x crazy something like I miss you or something like that. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, what's the dumbest thing you did to make your ex jealous?
Speaker 1: To make a girl jealous? That was so clowned out, But that's the thing he said.
Speaker 5: He had did it in front of her, and he had no intention on linking out with Ruby, but he just texted and said, like what you doing. He ain't said I missed you or nothing. Later I think he said because that's what he said. He said, I just say what you're doing, And he did it in front of her just to get her attention. But why would you be so clowned out to trigger Ruby and to trigger the pregnant woman that you're with.
Speaker 3: Because you're trying to prove that he got holes? And you know what I'm saying, dumb yo, Holly, No, you ain't got no ho s your numbat.
Speaker 5: And Ruby knows this too, like well, if you know the type of girl that Ruby is, why would you trigger that person?
Speaker 1: Again? They still want me in these streets like here, watch this, watch five five one oh five one. What's the dumbest thing you did to try to get your girl or your man jealous? Let's discuss. It's the breakfast slogo Morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: It's topic time called eight hundred and five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody. It's d J, n V, Jess, Hilaria and Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about D D G and Halle Belly All right now, d d G said that to get I guess, to get Halle Belly jealous.
Speaker 1: He d MS his ex Ruby Rose. It's so funny, man, that's just really some young boys stuff.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 3: You're sitting around with the woman in your dreams, the woman you love, the woman you having a family.
Speaker 1: With, y'all, having a little spat.
Speaker 3: You want her to think that you still got it and you can walk out this house and just go into the arms of another woman knowing don't nobody want your.
Speaker 1: Ass no more?
Speaker 3: Okay, So you just had to send that out real quick to try to make her jealous, and she like, nigga, what and you ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 1: Not going nowhere. I'm the little mermaid, Jess. Have you done this before?
Speaker 5: No, I ain't gonna you know, I haven't done it, and now I haven't done it to make somebody. Man. I did it because I was mad, but I didn't want that person to find out all I did, like double back on somebody and I was talking to you when like a current boyfriend have made me mad or something like that. But I didn't do that to get his attention. I did that just because he had made me mad, and I just didn't want to deal with him at the time, Like, all right, what I hit this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely okay, like I'm to play you just nothing, you know what I mean? Yeah, but I didn't do that to stress the guy out. Right, all right, well let's go to the foe. Yeah, Jean's not gonna stretch him out, stress him out. Hello, bre Hey, good morning.
Speaker 15: So I was basically saying that the craziest thing I did to get back with the Ax was get full blown dressed up, hair done, like, made sure I looked the baddest that I couldn't look, and told.
Speaker 7: Him that I was gonna go out there and do the same thing he was doing.
Speaker 15: But really I just was sitting in the parking lot.
Speaker 4: Or like driving around like my older.
Speaker 15: Partners, killed some time and come back like two o'clock in the morning and make it seem like I had the time of my life.
Speaker 5: Or really I was just my car being miserable, wasting.
Speaker 23: Gas, like going walking around wall.
Speaker 1: Looking like I just came from church. Did it work?
Speaker 7: That turned?
Speaker 23: Because you know the that I was wearing, you couldn't wear the shirt, but I made sure I looked that way. So he was under the impression that I was about to be out.
Speaker 10: There in the street.
Speaker 1: Did he call you, calling you and texting you while you was out?
Speaker 24: No?
Speaker 23: But when I got back, you would if we wouldn't be we wouldn't need to be talking like he would be so unfazed by it, and it would just pissing yards even more so it was just so you.
Speaker 1: Went back out, he went back outside.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I would. I would just go back outside and sit in my car and act like I was mad and leave again and just be driving around.
Speaker 1: Oh man, humans are some stupid people. Yes, I mean we are ridiculous. I mean we are. We are really ridiculous. Did you call Did he call you?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: It didn't even work. Dang, hello, who's this he?
Speaker 11: What you did?
Speaker 1: Tell your x him? What do you do to your man to make it him jealous?
Speaker 23: I did the same thing. I caught him taking somebody, so I had to tell him you was the only one that used to have somebody.
Speaker 25: So I called him body in front of.
Speaker 8: Him, let him know that he was on the phone. I fell, I was on to his house.
Speaker 1: And what he did behind me, he did what he chased behind me. Oh, you're saying that lived part of Little Lord Choke slam you. What'd you say?
Speaker 23: So, I said, he takes behind my car?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay. And you wasn't going no damn place the Walmart. He wasn't going nowhere with the Walmart.
Speaker 1: I was doing, raizy.
Speaker 5: I better stop playing with these people, absolutely, I better stop playing with the.
Speaker 3: Why don't we understand proper communication skills though? Why can't we just be honest with each other? Just tall like yeah, all this goofiness.
Speaker 1: For no reason?
Speaker 5: And then oh my god, then I was I'm so mad with dd G because Halle was pregnant, like all that is to be like, all right, look, what's up? What's wrong with you? Like you know what I'm saying or whatever. The argument was about she hormonal, she pregnant, and you gonna hit rial?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you? C? C C what you did to make your man jealous?
Speaker 25: So at the time, we worked with education, so we don't for a lot of students who had crisis.
Speaker 16: And I worked with my boysriend at the time, and so we didn't call me for like.
Speaker 17: The whole day.
Speaker 25: He was an aim and our phone call. So I had my friend call him, continuing was from my phone and tell him that I was in crisis.
Speaker 4: So he had to come to me.
Speaker 25: Like it was real drastic and extra so I had to think like I was having a panic in tack and oh my god, room, I didn't go to the emergency room.
Speaker 16: No, I mean I made it seem like it was drastic, like I believed him to do this.
Speaker 1: And how do you react? How do you react?
Speaker 25: He was he was offensive in everything or whatever, but I can kind of tell he was kind of like, I don't know if I'm gonna want to be in this. I guess I made it worse for the relationship. Yeah, you think like I kind of made it seem like I was dramatic and mentally unstable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, for sure, Yeah, for sure, thank you.
Speaker 5: That's just like Carlie Russell when she said she saw the baby walking down the highway just to all that, to get that guy's attention, you're right, just to.
Speaker 1: Get his attention.
Speaker 3: What happened to communication? Yeah, sitting down having a conversation.
Speaker 5: That man didn't want to talk to her, so that's why she has She said that she saw a baby walking down the highway and she had to save them and.
Speaker 3: Also think about it like this, what's more embarrassing doing all of this goofy stuff y'all calling up here doing, or just talking to a person and telling them how you feel talking to you know what I'm saying, Like being for real about your emotions. That might be a little embarrassing, that might hurt a little bit, but not like not as much of this stupid stuff y'all doing.
Speaker 5: But the problem is these guys don't want to talk to them, That is the problem. So they're trying to get their attention. That's why she said the emergency room. That's why she said, I'm gonna go out and I'm gonna way to fly his clothes and put on my nice outfit. I want to get you jealous, so you want to talk to me and you're just driving around wal I don't care, right, And that's gonna make me.
Speaker 3: That's gonna push me away, Frost and I'm gonna be like I thought she was crazy, Now I know she crazed.
Speaker 5: And what if what if the guy had her location the whole time? Right, it was like, you ain't even going nowhere.
Speaker 1: He was in the garage the whole time.
Speaker 5: Hey, yo, stupid height undred five eight five one oh five one. What did you do to get your your boyfriend or girlfriend jealous? Let's discuss. This's the breakfast club in the morning.
Speaker 1: Let's say if y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 12: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one o five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast.
Speaker 5: Club more than everybody. It's DJ en v Jess, Cilary Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about Halle Bailey and DDG. Now DG recently said that he texted or I should say, DM robi rules in front of Halle to make her jealous. So we're asking, what's the dumbest thing you did to make your axe or make your girl jealous or man jealous? Shave it up, shay hey, heyling, what you did to make your man jealou shad Well, he was a.
Speaker 25: Lot younger, but I used to put on clothes and dressed up to take pictures on Instagram, like I'm going to the club so you can see.
Speaker 1: Your ass. Never left the house, No, never, He should have blocked you.
Speaker 16: But we still get we're still together to day, so I know that's right to work out.
Speaker 1: What about to get back?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 1: What if a guy were what if he had just posted a woman's feet on his Instagram?
Speaker 14: That's definitely going too far, and that definitely I bet.
Speaker 1: You asked when you were going to the club you got dressing with right this house?
Speaker 17: I did.
Speaker 15: I would have really posted somebody else my feet.
Speaker 1: That's just how I go. Hello, who's this hey, Kelsey?
Speaker 5: Now we're talking about things, stupid things you did to try to make a man a woman jealous.
Speaker 26: Okay, so that's date. Well, I date my best fans cousin and we got into a bad argument.
Speaker 14: We started talking for about two weeks.
Speaker 26: And during that time I had got drunk, a little drunk, and I ended up sleeping with my kids dad. So my best friend knew my location and she told him that she told the guy was dating that I was at my kids bath those so he wanted to do the same thing, but he ended up getting his baby mom's pregnant.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's if the sad thing that that ain't always save home. No it's not, but look tell it you. So you really was never over your baby daddy or were you to do something like that.
Speaker 26: No, I saying, I really don't even like my baby dad. He just happened to have my kids that night, and when I came to get them, I was a little toochy, so you know, he let me stay in his place, and it just happened.
Speaker 1: She wanted to get that familiar pad. I wonder what makes you what makes you think a man gonna take you back after something like that. Yes, he wanted to go to sleep with his big mother, but he got his mother pregnant. Damn, but he did it.
Speaker 5: Ever, retaligation to what you did and your best friend of clawm whause your your best friend definitely diamed you out.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying yeah, and she probably slept with both of them. Oh my god, she slept with both of your men.
Speaker 1: Bet you hello, who's this.
Speaker 16: You didn I was day Me and my foster was together, and he wanted to be single for a little while, So I.
Speaker 7: Decided to date a toe worker.
Speaker 1: You said you and your what? I said?
Speaker 7: Me and my fast decided to take a break forward a little while. But the first person that dated was his coworker. He had to see him every day at work.
Speaker 1: This is your husband. Yes, okay, so you and your spouse slate too much? Then what now? Because I was caught up in something he wanted.
Speaker 7: He said he wanted to be single, so how allowed to break? And the first person that dated was his coworker and he knew he knew who the guy was, so he went up dating the guy up being weird to the guy and he was like, why is he talking to me?
Speaker 4: If you know me he's talking, I'm like, I have no idea he's single.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 3: See, stuff like that is so foul because in my mind, you always wanted that co worker.
Speaker 1: He was always you always had eyes for that man. That ain't just start And at least he told you, well, no, he was just collateral damage.
Speaker 7: I just want him to show him that if you want to be single, I can be a single too, with someone.
Speaker 1: You know, No, with someone you know. That's the crazy part.
Speaker 5: And then he was honest. He told you I want to be single. He ain't go cheato. He told you I want to be single, and you went to go sleep with his coworker.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I didn't sleep with a coworker.
Speaker 7: I just went on a date with him.
Speaker 1: Nope, you slept with him, in my mind, slept with him after gave him all of that.
Speaker 3: No, we're stood together.
Speaker 7: We stood together.
Speaker 23: He got pissed and told me, tell him it's over.
Speaker 1: He still worked there. Yeah, they still see each other's we'll be fighting because I got if.
Speaker 17: I love you.
Speaker 1: We together. You told me nothing happened.
Speaker 6: Nothing happened, you my coworker.
Speaker 1: You know that's my.
Speaker 7: Cross the line. He slept with other people even though we were single. I feel like he crossed the line, and I did, and I think I did.
Speaker 2: Good s.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 21: You didn't You left those details though? Now what he But did he sleep with them before? He told you that he wanted to be single?
Speaker 7: You don't know he did it after?
Speaker 1: He did it after?
Speaker 7: But the thing you could just come back with no repercussions.
Speaker 1: Come on, I told you and you said, all right.
Speaker 16: But I didn't want to be single.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to be single. I just went with the program because I loved you.
Speaker 1: Say no, that's what you say? You say? No, WHOA Look, why did you get married? Why did you marry me?
Speaker 5: If you wanted to be single, we need to go through with a divorce, and you see how that go, girl.
Speaker 1: I But to be fair, both of y'all was single. So whatever y'all did when y'all was singing is what y'all did. But it's a different single, like really dating a homie, not really. Yes, she went on a date with the guy that he worked with. He slept with mad what you did?
Speaker 7: I went to your favorite spot and he saw it, so he was like whoa.
Speaker 1: Whoa, but he was too, That's what I'm saying. It's not men.
Speaker 20: Men.
Speaker 3: Men can't handle the get back. And she ain't even sleep with the guy they place. That's what she's telling us. Damn no, all right, what's the story after that last story?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Like the moral of the story is just communicate.
Speaker 5: Just communicate, yo, like trying to make somebody jealous and look and listen, you said D d G is a young guy. Obviously that don't matter the age because they ain't young. You know what I'm saying you age don't matter. Just communicate, yo, and be honest. You're going out your way to hurt you so trying to hurt something thinking you hurting somebody else and it don't affect nobody.
Speaker 1: But you crazy, all right, well we got just with the mess coming up? What were talking about? Yes we do, dammit. Azalea Banks is reading people fulfilled again here we are all right, We'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Come morning, Good morning, everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get right to Jess with the message Lents just carrobbing Moore, just don't do no lines, don't.
Speaker 17: Don't nobody talk the world why jest worldwide mess talk on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: She's the coaches ship.
Speaker 18: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that.
Speaker 6: Nobody could get you to see that time to set it off.
Speaker 5: So Tyler the Creator responds to Azalia Banks saying he and Little Na's ex should get over white bussy and be a power couple.
Speaker 1: We know every now and then Azelia come out, she say up pusy. She goes back wherever she be at.
Speaker 5: But she recently made a post saying, hang that taler to creating Little Na's just stop dating white men and date each other.
Speaker 1: That's what that meant.
Speaker 5: This post came after Tyler was on the Gerard Carmichael Show and Gerard had expressed having deep feelings for him, I did not.
Speaker 1: See that, but you see that. No, I think they're best friends. And he said that, you know, he's going to be in a relationship. And what did Tyler say? He laughed? Damn, it was something disrespectful because Jesus great, he didn't take serious.
Speaker 3: What if they both bottom little Tyler creating, then may be a power bottom couple.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean, I don't know how that works because I'm not in that community. I don't know, and I'm not a man, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: You would know more about taps and bottoms of me.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about clothes when people say tap some bodies shirt and some gens. Okay, but no, So Tyler had saw this and he said, what the hell like he laughed and it was like, you know, he just took it as a joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. And Little Nas responded and said that she is right.
Speaker 5: Me and Tyler should f Oh we know how Lornosa is street straight shoot down technically, you know, literally.
Speaker 1: He is his white bussy sound hilarious, little pink bussy busy. Get massive meat out of your hey and get to your own is what she's saying. That exactly. That's exactly what she's saying. We know it's elliot.
Speaker 5: And she also said had some things to say about Dochie Vadochi clap back at her for saying that Doci is an ugly version of her. She was recently on Instagram and she posted some audio and she called Dochi, I want to be an ugly version of her with this anger for.
Speaker 27: So long, and they find this kind of like ugly version of Well, she's not even a version, She's just ugly. And I hate to call dark skinned girl ugly because she just is ugly if she'd be ugly if she were light skin. I find this ugly girl and they try to stick her on his zealing brigs. I'm listening to men basically tell me that they are too afraid to with the zili bangs, so they need me to go fight for them.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: But she's basically saying like like do she was sent to like take her place, like.
Speaker 1: Don't you fire? Don't you about the pen, her choreography, her meets her work. I love her. I've been on for a few years now, and.
Speaker 3: I love how TD rolls out artists because they just take their time like I was literally talking to somebody yesterday about artist development and the lack thereof. Did he is a label that still does artist development, and that's why when you finally start to notice somebody like, don't you think she just had a number one record? Right when you finally start to notice her, she's almost ready. She's ready, But she've been out for some years.
Speaker 1: For some years now.
Speaker 5: But I love I love her music from old to new, don't she clap back, saying, for the first time you, the first time you came to me, I let a slide out of respect for my elders. It's my fault you. It's not my fault. You're selling bussy so and I'm selling platinum markets. Leave me alone, please so. Dave beef supposedly started in twenty twenty two when Azalea Banks agreed to do a collaboration with DOCI, and then Azalia randomly went on Twitter and began trash talking DOCI and the release of her song and the label TD. Speaking of them, Azalia Bank said, TDE is going out f and said, what the f is even happening with CDE? And she also said you have this f and DOCI chick, who is no who I have no f and clue who she is. And at that time, Doci went on Twitter expressed her confusion at what the issue was about, and she basically was just like, this is so much grace. She said, I'm not sure. Sometimes people have been hurt so many times they developed When people have been hurt so many times, they develop a defense and they end up creating the illusion of problems because they won't allow themselves themselves to accept something good trauma responses.
Speaker 1: I was respectful, excited, and grateful to make art with her.
Speaker 3: You know what I got all of that is Jellia Banks and selling bussy Boy soap, And I just googled it and I'm about to order two bars just because this is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Bussy Boy.
Speaker 3: It says make that bussy being boy helps with irritation due to friction from rough anal sex, stubborn hemorrhoids, jock itch, and bacteria overload. And you're gonna about hilarious. I'm absolutely I'm supporting.
Speaker 1: That's so cute. I had no idea. I just when you read that about uh, don't you saying she's selling bussy boys? So I googled it. Yes, I'm buying something right now, it's gonna be up in this studio. How much is the bussy boy?
Speaker 6: Seven dollars?
Speaker 1: Seven dollars? Get on your laptop, you get on your left your audio for the next story or no? Okay, all right? Cool.
Speaker 5: So woman goes through intense chemo after terminal diagnosis only to find out she never had cancer at all.
Speaker 1: What yep, so I share it.
Speaker 24: I was diagnosed with cancer. I was given about fifteen months to live. If we were being optimistic, I had to prepare my two children and my husband and my family. Then I probably wouldn't be her this year. I had to undergo very intensive chemotherapy. Overall, had a pretty traumatic year. What kind of cancer do you think I had? And he guessays none. I never had cancer. Oops, So that was fun. They misdiagnosed me and put me through chemotherapy.
Speaker 5: Yep, she's thirty nine. She initially went to the hospital when twenty twenty two for stomach pains that she suspected were related to kidney stones, and they told her that she had cancer. And then how about when she tell her doctor like yo, whole time, might had cancer, he congratulated her instead of staying sorry.
Speaker 1: He was like, Oh, that's amazing. Then eh, like what you told me, I did.
Speaker 5: And this goes back to what she was at like well, like the Holly Burry thing when she went to the doctor and he told her that she herpies. She had herpes when she described her symptoms to him and he said, this is the worst case he's ever seen.
Speaker 1: And remember he was like, you can't sue for that, Like I really really want you to be Yeah, but none of these cases say that they're suing. It's weird. I hope she does.
Speaker 5: I hope she does because to go through you're how expensive that it is, these chemo treatments and all that, even though insurance may have covered I never had it.
Speaker 1: What about fifteen months that she only had fifteen months to live?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's crazy. So I guess we can keep up with that story. But that was that was that was wrong, and that I said, Oh, that's good, and that's what's up.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Wow. So that's just the mess for that hour.
Speaker 3: I need somebody to help me navigate through this. Because they got boy they got boy Berry Blue Georgia peat. Since this is so funny except for that glaze doing that whole effect. You said, this is hilarious. Ohlia Banks is really funny.
Speaker 11: You know she is.
Speaker 1: And she's talented too. It got something called who she do? E w, oh my god, who she did? It won't let me order, though, I said, don't want to. You don't have a bussy. You don't know what he has and what he identifies as. I definitely got a busy. This ain't ever been turned into one. O. Your busy ain't activated. Hey, yeah, I don't got time. We get we're giving that bussy to before after the hour.
Speaker 3: We need a Southfield Michigan man named Aaron Brown to come to the front of the congregation. I keep telling you all these fat food restaurants ain't dying for you.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss dunkeny days up next to the breakfast local morning. You're checking out the breakfast club. Che some donkey days. Just sudden, Charlotte Man, I was ready for day. I heard the donkey again, Charlam, I'm a donkey, you are, Charlotte mane.
Speaker 3: True, yes, donkey today for Wednesday, April tenth goes to a thirty two year old Southfield, Michigan man named Aaron Brown.
Speaker 1: Salute to Detroit.
Speaker 3: What up though, dropping the clues bombs for everybody who listens to us on ninety seven point nine WJLB, what's happening now. One of the things we don't discuss enough in our society is portions. Okay, we speak about portions when it comes to people. Saluted the Big Back Brigade, dropping the clues bombs for the Big Back Brigade.
Speaker 1: You are appreciated if you're listening to me right now.
Speaker 3: I pray your back gets on big before the summer, and I pray your belly disappears real soon, now mistake. We also don't talk enough about fast food restaurants being stingy with the condiments.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: See, we talk about portions when it comes to people openly, but don't discuss portions when it comes to food openly. And we don't discuss fast food restaurants being stingy with the condiments openly as much as we should. We tend to complain in the moment to ourselves or whoever we are with, but we don't trip too hard because unless you done left the restaurant, you can pretty much get more of what you want to regard the condiments. Okay, when it comes to food, it kind of is what it is. You have to take what they give you pretty much. But if you want more Ketchup, you can get more ketchup. If you had Chick fil A and want more polygamy sauce, you can get more polygamy sauce. When you at Chipotle and you want more guac, you can get more guac if you ask for it and you pay for it. Well, Aaron Brown apparently didn't get that memo, because Aaron Brown got into an argument with a store employee over a portion of guacaboli.
Speaker 1: That was not his liking. And this happened. Let's go to Fox Through Detroit for the report.
Speaker 28: Police chaos at Chipotle. A customer shoots an employee. Witnesses say it all started out as an argument over food. A source close to the investigation says it was specifically over guacamole.
Speaker 5: I was just eating a bowl and I heard shouting and then I look over they're arguing and they started fighting, and then we heard a gunshoine and just ran out as quick as you could.
Speaker 28: The employee, a twenty one year old man, shot in the leg but expected to survive.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the suspect, it's.
Speaker 17: Time getting out, so him just walk out to his car, close the door and just drive off like he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't speed off or anything. It was weird to see.
Speaker 28: Police arrested the thirty two year old man in a parking lot not far away now.
Speaker 29: Of course they closed the doors as soon as police got there. Once nine when one was called, the scene was secured. Meanwhile, no word on whether or not the guy took his food on his way out.
Speaker 1: No word and not on whether not the guy took his food on the way out.
Speaker 3: That was your word about Aaron Brown shot a twenty one year old Chipotle employer because his portion of guaqu was not his liking. Listen to all fast food workers, retail workers, this is your uncle Shallott talking.
Speaker 1: I've told you this before.
Speaker 3: If you're working at a fast food restaurant and a man comes behind the county and starts fixing his own food, just calmly walk to the back and called.
Speaker 1: The proper authorities.
Speaker 3: Okay, there is absolutely zero reason for you to be getting beat down over a Dan burrito bowl.
Speaker 1: Let that man have that.
Speaker 3: Chipotle ain't dying for you, Chipotle ain't paying for your funeral, ain't not taking care of your hospital bills. By the way, I don't care if you own the franchise. Clearly, if this man, okay, it's complaining about guacamole and then comes from behind the counter to fix his old food, then he knows something you don't. And in this case, he knows he got a pistol and a lot of pain. He's ready to project on anyone who gets in his way. And that's what happened here. Every day of our life, when we leave the house, all we hope to do is avoid the crazy.
Speaker 1: So when you see the crazy, you should just avoid the crazy, all right.
Speaker 3: This man hasn't gotten what he wanted out of life, ever, This man has not received enough from society, not enough love, not enough mental health care, and not enough success. And now you don't want to give him enough guacamole, and got the nerve to try to stop him when he comes from comes behind the counter when he's making his own just to make his own tacos. Now you got choke slammed, because he choke slammed the guy before he shot him. Now you got choke slam The way to undertake a choke slam. The rocket wrestle Mania, the other night and you got shot sh You know, here at the Breakfast Club, we have one of our former interns who has risen up the ranks in this business. You see him on TV on wild'n Out. You probably have seen it, stand up and he works here at the Breakfast Club. He's the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee, command of the Big Back Brigade.
Speaker 1: Big Mac is here here.
Speaker 3: Big Mac was talking to me, and he has a perspective of this situation. I've heard him complain about portion sizes and folks being stingy with the condiments.
Speaker 1: Big Mac, the floor is yours. Yeah, this is just to let everybody know.
Speaker 30: This is a warning, and this is a PSA to let y'all know that the big backs are biting back. Okay, y'all keep holding off on all these condiments and napkins and and listen, we tired of it.
Speaker 1: One catch up, one barbecue sauce for a ten piece. It's not enough. We're tired of that. Y'all.
Speaker 30: Go ahead, try not filling up the fries to the top. You gotta fill up the fries so enough where there's some in the bag. Bag fries is the best if if I don't get bag fries. Oh yeah, now it might be a problem. Dare you, I dare you to tell me the ice machine is broken?
Speaker 1: Still? Okay, cool, We big bags are biting back. That's what we do.
Speaker 30: And look, Jamaica restaurants ox tails, we want them drowned in the gravy. We don't have to ask for extra bravery, you know we want We don't want no ashy oxtails.
Speaker 1: We want to drown in it.
Speaker 3: Everything that Max you said, please give Aaron Please let me give Aaron Brown the biggest.
Speaker 1: He hopeless hee haw, stupid mother? Are you dumb? Right?
Speaker 3: Big back attack? Damn right, big backs fight back right, don't use your shirt.
Speaker 1: Because the shirt got all together. That's just extra you know what I mean, the napkins for your face. Max saying he wants portions as big as his back. What he said, damn it in trouble all right, Well, when we come back, we got a special guest joining us, Yes, Alice Randall Man.
Speaker 3: She has a new book out called My Black Country, a Journey through Country Music's Black Past President Future. Alice Randall is the first black woman to write a number one country song. She wrote x x x ols olds Patricia Yearwood.
Speaker 1: How does that song go?
Speaker 31: You know, no, I don't want her book and what I said, Noxy, y'all just.
Speaker 1: Stop me now, y'all, well, you know what. That's the first time.
Speaker 3: But Alice Randall be here to discuss her new book, My Black Country for all of y'all out there that is uh that are that are that are learning about black people in country music because of Beyonce. Alix Randall has been telling these stories for a long time. So her book is out right now, will we'll be back to discuss with her that right. It is the breakfast logan go Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is DJ n V, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, the author of My Black Country, A Journey through Country Music's Black Past, President in Future, Ladies and gentlemen, Alice Randall, welcome you, good morning.
Speaker 32: I am so glad I had to be on the Breakfast Club. It's like being on America's front porch.
Speaker 3: Oh, we want to start using that one A use that as the imaging tale American's front Porch. Alice, man, you have such a storied history. You are the first black woman to ever write a number one country song.
Speaker 1: Ero Tricia Yearwoods xxx, all of those X. Isn't it way back in nineteen ninety four? But you know it ain't that far way back. Yeah, I thought I was born. I was two, but I was born. But you know, just I have been forty one years in country and western music.
Speaker 32: I came as a black woman to Nashville in nineteen eighty three, so this is my forty first year, and it's wild.
Speaker 1: I had songs recorded. I'm glad you shout out to that one that.
Speaker 32: Was two weeks at number one, and it put Miss Aretha Franklin's name in it. A country song got to two weeks Aretha Franklin and Patsy Kahn, and we put Aretha first back then, and it was all about the money. It's hard to keep the balance up between love and money. I'm going to tell you about that in a second.
Speaker 1: But I wrote My first song was.
Speaker 32: Recorded two years after I arrived in Nashville, So that was nineteen eighty five, and that was a B side of the number one. So I had songs recording the eighties, nineties, odds tens and twenties and shar are you one of the first people to ever recognize that?
Speaker 20: Wow?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 32: And if I can just say one thing here that black man DFT. Bailey is the father of Black country and in my opinion, the father of country radio.
Speaker 1: Lil Harden is the mother, and Lil Harden is the mama, and Ray Charles is their genius child. And I think that Charlie Pride is Dfort's side child.
Speaker 32: And HERB Jeffries the bronze Buckaroo in all those thirties and forties black Western with singing cowboys.
Speaker 1: He's little step child is right, his first family of black country.
Speaker 3: I love you, see that you got HERB Jeffries, Charlie Pride, litl Hardened, the Ford Bailly, Ray.
Speaker 1: Charles beautiful, It's amazing.
Speaker 32: And Beyonce in this moment metaphorically is Ray Charles's genius child, the daughter who may eclipse the father.
Speaker 1: Explain that why is Beyonce the daughter of Rachel in this case?
Speaker 32: Because when nineteen sixty three, when modern sounds and country and western drops, that's Ray Charles's country album. So, first of all, Ray Charles put out an amazing country album in nineteen sixty three. I used to chatcha around the living room with my black auntie, Mary Francis, who I love more than life.
Speaker 1: Mary Francis. I would dance to Ray Charles. Ray Charles Country.
Speaker 32: He deconstructed and reconstructed country music according to his own aesthetics. Now you need to understand that Ray Charles grew up listening to the Opry. His Mamo let him stay up late to hear it on Saturday nights. Because back in the forties, thirties, twenties when my family coming up, there was no black radio in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi.
Speaker 20: There was not.
Speaker 1: We were culturally redlined out of owning radio stations.
Speaker 32: So if you were black and you were living in the rural South, you could hear great live music in the juke joints, in the church in your home. But the only thing you were really hearing in the rural South of the radio is a lot of country in some classical music. So black people knew country. And just remember, as my daddy said, we were actually playing on it. We can now document that that there was two black geniuses on Blue Yoda number nine, and that doesn't even count the people passing that we're playing in these bands, so we knew country, and we knew that we'd have been at the banjo of that a lot of the things are best in country. That it was a black person who taught Hank Williams how to play a lot of his early songs Lefty Frizelle. That the Carter family that there were taught by Eslee Riddle. Slie Riddle was a black man who taught the Carter family their first songs, a lot of the chords some people family, You know, you were thinking, Well, as it has been traditionally told in the white world, when they say about the first family of Country, they say, Jimmy Rodgers is the papa. Now I just told you he was really working with Lill and Lewis. And they say that the mama is a may Bell. Carter mother may Bell. But I'm going to tell you that my mother may Bell. She had a way of playing that's called Carter family scratched the way she used two fingers, three fingers. Well, this man, Slee Riddle, he was in a terrible accident when he was young, lost a leg. Then he almost committed suicide or maybe tried to commit suicide, and he lost a couple fingers.
Speaker 1: He played with three fingers before the Carter family was playing.
Speaker 32: He's the one that taught them the first song. So I'm just saying, who really invented Carter family scratch? We can't prove that, but is it the man who actually had that? We know that they acknowledge and they played with him. I'll do their history later, and they have there's a story that they tell that he's called Sleie.
Speaker 1: Riddle because their children could not pronounce Leslie. Well.
Speaker 32: I found him in the US Census as slee E s l i E, long before he ever met the Carters. So there's questions about this because our history is not well documented. So the Cowboy Carter obviously speaks right now for Beyonce Knowles and I missus Carter.
Speaker 1: I don't know that she is at all signing to the original Carter family.
Speaker 32: But what I signed to is I'm not interested in that Carter family right now, because they've had a lot of attention. I'm really interested in Leslie Riddle, who's a black man who came from that same place and his story has not been told. And that's what you get in My Black Country. De Ford's story hasn't been told. Lil Harden's story hasn't been told.
Speaker 3: You know, it's interesting, my god, Bobby Bones, he does. He's a big nationally syndicated country borning gods. Luthther Bobby Bones out in Nashville. He talked about the band Joe and how you can't even talk about country music without talking about black people's contributions to country music from the very beginning.
Speaker 1: So my question is when did it shift? When did people just make it country a white thing so to speak. Well, there's two pieces that.
Speaker 32: One I agree with your friend Bobby Bones that my definition of country music is Celtic English, Irish Scottish ballid form, storytelling plus black influences plus evangelical Christianity. Country can't be country without black influences. Without black influences, country is just folk music.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 32: Some of those black influences are black gospel from LA and the South. Some of the black influences are the banjo. Some of the is the way notes are bent when they're sung. They're coming out of the blues. And if you don't have the evangelical christianity, you might be in a country blues because the big difference is and I said, my childhood, I had a very bad mother, and I had a great daddy and a really bad mother. So I don't love the blues. The blues is too My daughter loves the blues. The blues is too hard for me. I need some hope I need with my tragedy. I need the reality, and then I need some hope. And Black Country has both of those things. The hope because it could be I'm just gonna be up in heaven and tell Jesus how you've done me. It could be You're going to be in hell and some burning fires, and I'm going to be that. There's some hope, there's some revenge and country, and I like the hope.
Speaker 1: I like the revenge.
Speaker 32: That Blues has a little bit of an experience of we are walking on Helen Earth, but we're finding some joy. We're making some joy in the hell on Earth. But Black Country says we're gonna get somewhere else. But country isn't country.
Speaker 4: And on is it?
Speaker 32: The little teacher of me? I hate to say, I have to do this one because I'm a professor at Vanderbilt. We have a course on Black Country, and I've been teaching that course since twenty fifteen, my first course Country Lyrical American Culture. I've been teaching since two thousand and six. I used to say it was musical midgsitenation, and that wasn't my phrase. I adopted that one. But here we know that country requires blackness to be country. And one of the examples you see on Cowboy Carter is that song Blackbird, which is a remake of a Beatle song without the black voices on it is a folks song. You add those black women's voices and they're black aesthetics is country. What makes it country the black gospel you hear say that they bring to it.
Speaker 1: I love my Random Roberts.
Speaker 7: I'm there.
Speaker 32: My students found her for me when she was only like three weeks when she was on TikTok. I had students rush in and show her to me, and so I've been loving her sometime.
Speaker 5: Now the world is discovering her now. Yeah, Rana is a talent SA Yeah, absolutely all right. We got more with Alice Randall when we come back owning Everybody's DJ Envy, Jesse Larius, Charlamagne the Guy.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking in with Alice Randall.
Speaker 5: She has a new book, My Black Country and Journey through Country Music's Black Past, Present and Future. I got a question, what did you think of Beyanti's album? Did you listen to it in for What were your thoughts? Oh, I have listened to it many times.
Speaker 32: I actually love it in this particularly as I said, I'm sixty four, this is my birthday party.
Speaker 1: I'm the Breakfast Club. I'll be sixty five. May fourth, A happy birthday.
Speaker 32: And you know when I arrived here forty one years ago in Nashville, I wanted to get as number one, and I got a number one.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 32: I wanted to spotlight black women men who have really contributed. I'm proud to say I wrote the first major article on Linda Martell. Everybody talking about her. Now I've published that in twenty ten. I'm in the documentary her granddaughter is making about her. I love Linda Martel. I had to fight to get that space for her back in twenty ten when people weren't taught, and I'm thrilled that Beyonce has brought her to a huge world. My article got a lot of attention, but in a narrow way. Now the whole world knows who Linda martel Is that that documentary her brand. Daughter's been struggling to get made, picking up a little bit of money here, a little bit of money there. Now that thing is going to be made and made right. So I am absolutely thrilled that Beyonce has taken country to a global audience. But there's a third thing. So I wanted to spotlight these black people. I could do that in this book, one of my own number one, but I wanted to see and Jess's gonna be you of me here. I wanted to see a black woman at the top of the country charts because the day I arrived in Nashville in nineteen eighty three, Charlie probably had already been up there twenty nine times.
Speaker 1: Ray Charles was acknowledged.
Speaker 32: I saw I was in the room when he played Seven Spanish Angels in Nashville in the back small room for DJs. He got to go to the top of the charts. There are so many black men who have been to the number one spot. Now just called the name of the two most important Charlie Pride, Ray Charles, but serious Rucker, I'm not even to name anymore because there's so many, and there has not been one black woman. Black women have absolutely I have a song called small Towns are Smaller for Girls in country.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 32: It's hard on the country radio even for all women. Small towns are cursed back yet a lot smaller for black women. If small towns are smaller for girls, they're really smaller for black girls. And Music City is a small town. So I wanted to see a Black woman at the top of it because it's acknowledging that we are worth, our beauty are significance. And I thought I was going to retire without seeing it. So Cowboy Carter from me personally is so important because it is a Hallelujah moment, It is a Juneteenth moment. It is good news at long last. But my daughter, says Caroline Randall Williams, good news at long Last is still goodness.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about divine alignment? Because you started My Black Country a while ago. So when you're writing the book and you know you know your book is about to be published, you get the date it's you know, April, but then all of a sudden you start to hear these Beyonce Texas hold them and Beyonce maybe doing a country album like what did that feel like?
Speaker 32: It felt that what you just said divine alignment, Because this project I started forty one years ago, and really this part of it started in Deep five years ago, is a pure project for me. This is my life work, the history of black people in country, putting it back into the seventeenth century. And it's just a wild alignment because it has created a global conversation, a global conversation I spent forty one years preparing for, but actually started even earlier than that at Harvard in nineteen seventy seven, when I'm starting to look studying the Harlem Renaissance with Nathan Huggins and starting to.
Speaker 1: Try to prove my father's black to trait gossip was true.
Speaker 32: Chasing that down because back then there was no scholarship that told us that the banjo was a black instrument. Back then, there was no scholarship that said Lil Harden was really on that record.
Speaker 1: But I have traced down these oral histories.
Speaker 32: That other scholars have, and now we know that Lil Harden was absolutely on that record, that the Black Gossip of Motown was correct.
Speaker 1: So the alignment, though instead of this.
Speaker 32: Being some small book, if you're on the Backlist Club. I'm going to say, I want you out there getting my black country. I want to be lifted up by black readers. That is I have always with all of my books, starting with The Wind Done Gone, I have loved. One of my readers told me, is the literary equivalent of prissy slapping scarlet back.
Speaker 1: I'm going to stop and tell this story.
Speaker 32: I was in North Carolina, black woman Librariyan had bought all these books for the State Library of North Carolina mine.
Speaker 1: But we were coming home after the big reading, and I'm thinking back to my hotel.
Speaker 32: This is not the way we went, like, I don't know where we are going, and it's late at night, We've got dinner reading.
Speaker 1: And she drove me and we.
Speaker 32: Sat outside a house. She pulled up in front of a house in a fancy neighbor and she said, my mother worked as a maid in this house almost all my life. They made her come in the back door, they made me come in the back door. They loved Gone with the Wind. And I cannot tell you what it means to me that you wrote this book attacking everything that that valued that and the way they treated her. I waited this long, she said, I felt, she said joy but the number. But more than that, I had women who were ongoingly working as domestic servants telling me this book meant so much to them. And what I read the book that one out loud, And I read this one because I'm not an actress. I'm not a performer. I don't have great voices like all three of you. I read this one because my grandparents couldn't read or write. My grandmother could read a tiny bit. My grandfather couldn't read or write even his own name. I adore my grandparents. They were brilliant people and storytellers, just never had a day of school in Alabama.
Speaker 1: I read my books and.
Speaker 32: Make sure there's audio books because I know a lot of brilliant people can't read or write, and I want them.
Speaker 1: I'm working as much for them as the people who have all these degrees and whatever. That's amazing.
Speaker 5: Look chapter six and your book Big Dreams, Big Mistakes without spoiling it, you know, because I know it's a lot of information in this book.
Speaker 1: You keep saying, look, read his book. No, we're gon't read it, but I just can you sease.
Speaker 32: A little bit what like mistakes and the Big Dreams that part of it was the first. One of the first big things I did was a song called Big Dream that I co wrote with my daughter when she was just little, and it got into this movie called The Thing called Love. It was River Phoenix's last big movie. And the big mistake was I literally signed that thing that I should never have signed.
Speaker 5: Gotchat's gold your Big Dreams and you signed a contract what I read.
Speaker 1: But the other thing was that I got to write novels.
Speaker 32: I might have just been a country songwriter, and now I get to be a country songwriter and a novelist and a memoirst. And I love my six books, that's right, And that one about a black spy family.
Speaker 1: All hold up now for real?
Speaker 32: Yes, okay, and it's from it if you ever get involved in in that kind of movie production. I got a great one, rebel yell about a black spy family. I've got some really cool books.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't read all of them, girls, absolutely listen. They got to go get the book.
Speaker 3: Man Alisha Randall, My Black Country, A Journey through Country Music, Black Past, President Future, the latest release off my book in print, Black Family is publishing.
Speaker 1: But also from seven to eight thirty, you can catch.
Speaker 3: Me and Alice Randall and Roseanne Cash will be at the Brooklyn Public Library from seven to eight thirty having more conversations about my Black Country.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I'm so excited. I hope to see so much of the Breakfast Club out there. I came all the way up.
Speaker 32: From Nashville to need some new people. I'm Country cousin, Auntie, Country Auntie.
Speaker 17: We need you.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: What's the over under on this new metro Booming future project that's supposed to come out this Friday. I still don't trust you. What's the over undering? There being more shots from somebody?
Speaker 1: M I don't know. I don't think so, because we still don't trust you. Part two? What if they got a record push.
Speaker 3: That's what it's called, though, we still don't trust Oh my god, what have they got a regular push your teeth throw on shots?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I'm just saying that's crazy. I don't know, just saying. And all these people that unfollowed them, I'm just saying, Drake, oh my good.
Speaker 5: Saying, I wonder what that means. I'm gonna following him. Let me go on my phone and on following and.
Speaker 1: Then it's it's silly. Yeah, well, let's get to jest with the mess.
Speaker 5: News is real, whether it's Larien's Jeff Robin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 1: Talk, don't spend nobody talk world why jes worldwide on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 18: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that.
Speaker 6: Nobody could get you to see the time to set it.
Speaker 1: Off, y'all are cut into my time major? Okay.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Danny Lay's brother is seeking permission to inform Rapper the Baby.
Speaker 1: Of his lawsuit through a newspaper.
Speaker 5: Look, so remember the fight that they got into a couple of years back where allegedly the baby and his friends jumped Danny Laye's brother.
Speaker 1: His name is Brandon, right, I think we've seen the video. Wasn't the video? Yeah it was the video or whatever?
Speaker 5: Right, But the baby has said that he initiate He initiated the fight Brandon and the brother and get it to fight.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: So Bill said that he Brandon Bills, that's his name. He said that he hired he been trying to serve his guy for years. He even hired a private investigator, but he could not track the baby down right, so he officially asked the court permission to serve the baby by placing a notice in the local newspaper. Imagine the baby reading the newspaper with some coffee, finding out, really.
Speaker 3: I can see the baby in the morning, waking up reading the observer. Yes, you can see the baby the newspaper.
Speaker 1: Yes, that smart Carolina brother. Absolutely. Okay, I'm not saying he's not smart. I'm just saying I'm trying to figure out why he can't find the baby. We see the baby. You have to drive Auntie jumping in the car with a s have Auntie server, you can the baby.
Speaker 5: But he said that through all his work he had not been able to successfully trick him down the baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you probably shouldn't after what we wouldness.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 1: Ugs yet to rule on Bill's recent motion though, so getting beat up. Yeah he yep, that's what he in the video, wasn't he they said, wasn't I remember? Correct?
Speaker 5: So long ago initiated the fight with forgetting that the baby has a baby with his sister.
Speaker 1: Sister so they could just leave it at the house. He could wait for the baby, come to pick up the kid. That's all you gotta do. They gotta go nowhere. You gotta pick up the baby. That's crazy. Hold on now the baby. The baby gotta pick up his baby. Okay, got the baby, sister. Do we know the baby's name? Yeah? Kirk something? Oh are yeah, little Kirk because it's okay. I got you Jonathan Jonathan Lindelle Kirk, Jonathan Lindale Kirk all, I got you.
Speaker 5: Even Mare still disables comments after people spoke about her weight loss, So she sat down with Tammer Hall and she was talking.
Speaker 1: They were talking about how people on social media immediately.
Speaker 5: Began expressing their concern once they saw her photos at the BET Awards dropped. Some people was saying that she okay, while she looks sick, she looks not well, losing too much weight. Her face looks gone hollow, and then he was like ozempic or whatever.
Speaker 11: Then she talked about it, I lost weight just naturally going through life, and I found myself depressed before my divorce, through my divorce, trying to just navigate and rediscover who am I.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so basically for the people who are wondering what she's sick. Now, she wasn't sick. Listen, Divorce breakups, all of that heartbreaks that can play a big, big, big toll.
Speaker 1: On you mentally, oppressure, physically, and all of that, you know.
Speaker 5: And she was saying even before her divorce, leading up to her divorce, she was just losing weight and she didn't even really realize it until she because she thought she looked cute in the pictures. You know, when you're looking at yourself every day, you're not noticing it, and so the comments is what really made her pay attention.
Speaker 1: And she was like, oh wow, but no, she's not sick. She was just dealing with life. God, she was depressed.
Speaker 3: That's why you got to mind your business. Yeah, because when it comes to weight, it both ways. Big bellied women aren't pregnant, yeah, and you know women that have lost weight are not sick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes distressed exactly, you know stress. What I said, scrass honey, Oh I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: T So a couple. This just and this is exclusive news.
Speaker 5: My dear brother Tyresee is feeling some way and he wanted to get some things off his chest this morning.
Speaker 33: We're not talking about no free loading baby mamas either, So don't even jump in my comments about that.
Speaker 1: I'm always and have always took care of mine.
Speaker 33: You're gonna leave me and you wanna take my life with you, That's not happening. I'm gonna fight you to the end of the earth. But as far as with mine need, they're gonna have more than enough. It's not my job to take care of you and your life and go lavish your lifestyle.
Speaker 1: And you decided to leave me, you're.
Speaker 33: Gonna sit across from your new boyfriend, your new fiance, your new husband, and be pimping off my money while you're laying up in something that I'm paying for and driving around in and dinners and vacations that I'm paying for.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it.
Speaker 33: But pertaining to my child or my children, they gonna always have more than.
Speaker 1: What they need. Tyree is still on Live right now going about it.
Speaker 5: So if y'all I just cut that from the beginning, where's it coming from when he started?
Speaker 1: Man, knock it off. You don't need no context for Tyres. You know exactly what he's talking. Yeah, he's talking about his ex wife like this.
Speaker 5: Something happened to in court We don't know it's it's still on, so we gotta go tune in and for y'all who who want to hear the rest of it, just go to this page. He's on live right now currently. We don't know when it's gonna end. But I just wanted to shed some light on that and sell that and send that brother healing energy.
Speaker 1: Did tyres ever put out the Beautiful Pain album or it never came up? I believe it is.
Speaker 3: The theme of that album is supposed to be about his recent divorce from from Samantha. So you know, I would rather Tyrese give us the music Beautiful Pain. Everything else handled it in the court. Ransom stuff handle that in the court.
Speaker 1: I don't think dang, it's not. No, it's sure not. I thought he came up here, like what six months ago and said.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, maybe he's just in such you know, a funk he can't even get it out.
Speaker 1: Maybe m I'm so sad for him, all right, but let's go watch the rest of his live That was just with the Mess, all right. The People's Choice mixes up next. Let's go. It's to Breakfast Sloper morning. You're checking out the Breakfast.
Speaker 5: Club Morning, Everybody's DJ n V, Jesse Hilarius, Charlamagne, the Guy, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: I was out last night. I'm tired. Daughter went to go see Olivia Rodriguez. Or yes, I'm tired. I am tired. She had a great time. She had an amazing time. So Sluto, Olivia Rodrigo. She put on an amazing show. My kids loved it. Had a ball last night. Salot to them. That's right, Saluto, Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 3: And make sure you go get your tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening Saturday, April twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia. Man following Gilly on that stage, Jess Hilarious doing carefully Reckless on that stage. Mandy and Weezy with Horrible Decisions is on that stage. The Paul Minds Podcast with Dre and Lex. Paul Mind's gonna have a special guest too. We can't announce it yet, but I can't wait to announce it. They're gonna have special guest on this show though, So that's just a few people that's gonna be there, So make sure you go get your tickets. Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival. The Ball Alert Show gonna be there as well, Debbie Brown with Deeply Well.
Speaker 1: Or you can go to event bright dot com.
Speaker 3: To get your tickets, man, So go get your tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening April twenty seventh, atl shorwdy. All right, when we come back, positive notice to Breakfast Club Good morning morning, Everybody's DJ NV Jesse Hilary Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Clubs.
Speaker 1: Time to get up out of here.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I got a salute to the good sister Alice Randall Man. She came up here today to discuss her new book, My Black Country, a Journey through Country Music's Black Past, President Future, which is the latest release of my book in print Black Privilege Publishing. Go get that now available everywhere you buy books. And tonight, myself and Alice Randall along with Roseanne Cash, we will be at the Brooklyn Public Library from seven to eight thirty pm talking about My Black Country.
Speaker 1: So we'll see you there tonight. All right, Well, leave us on a positive note. Yes, I have a.
Speaker 3: Positive note, and that's why My Black Country by Alice Randall is so important.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: This positive note comes from George Orwell. The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history. But guess what, You can't even understand your history if you don't know your history. So go get My Black Country by Alice Randall so you can know black people's history and country music.
Speaker 1: Have a blessed day. Breakfast club bitches, you don't finish for y'all dumb