Speaker 1: Hey, we got a special guest this morning.
Speaker 2: He is the chair of the Democratic National Committee, and he's joining us again as promise.
Speaker 1: He's got valuable, invaluable.
Speaker 2: Information to show on what's at stake for black voters in this year's presidential election. He's going to share a few facts on how the Biden administration continues to deliver for black voters.
Speaker 1: Now listen, y'all.
Speaker 2: The reason I'm having this man on is because he made some points last time that was so valuable, and I think we're missing the point here because I'm hearing too much counter information.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 2: And I think this man did about it good a job as I've heard of anybody explaining the Biden administration's position.
Speaker 1: So please welcome back to the show, mister Jamie Harrison.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Say hello everybody.
Speaker 2: Good listen, man, let's get to it. You know, I think me personally, after talking to you and then researching myself, I found that the Biden administration has continually delivered for black voter voters, and I wanted to have you back on so we could talk about just a few of President Biden's accomplishments thus far.
Speaker 3: But well, see just yesterday I don't know if your listeners tune in to the president, but he talked a little more about student loan forgiveness, and I just want to back up and you know, go to that wayback machine. You remember when he first became president, he said that he wanted to do four hundred billion dollars of student loan relief. The Republicans didn't want that. They sued him, took them all the way to the Supreme Court. Ance Thomas and his right wing buddies in the court said that the president didn't have the authority to do it, and Joe Biden pulled the usher and he said, watch this. And so he has been roll he's been rolling out for polvos. So up until yesterday, he had forgiven one hundred and forty billion dollars for four four million Americans. Yesterday he rolled out a big proposal. And I believe that particularly two parts of this proposal are going to have a disproportion of impact on black folks, but particularly your leaders. The first part of us and if this proposal happen, thirty million people will get some form of students on debt release. But two parts that I really want to highlight. First, borrows who have seen their debt grow due to unpaid hinters. How many of us know folks who've been paying their student loans for paying the principles, but that interest kept accruing and a crewing and crewing, and now they have more debt than they had when that they actually borrowed. Because the interest is a cruise over time, those most are going to see that debt wipeout. Twenty five million people eligible under that category, and that particularly is relevant to black voters because I know so many, so many friends and the cousins who follow in that category. And then there's a second category borrows who have been repaying their undergraduate loans for twenty years or more. There's some of us diligent playing the student loans, but they still got them payment and it's been twenty years since they graduated or stopped school, but they're still paying. Those folks will see their student loans waves. As the President said, this is a BFT. This is a big deal for a lot of people, and they're gonna put money back in their pocket. And folks, this is a contrast. Donald Trump didn't want to give you that type of student loan relief. What he's talking about his tax cuts or billionaires, all the people who were at marl Laga with him last weekend, but nothing for you, working people in this country. And that is the stark difference between Joe Biden, who wakes up every day thinking about working people in this country, particularly black folks, and Donald Trump, who don't care anything about any of us.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, man, I've been telling people on this radio show, because I play golf with these people, I'm in business with these people. I get to sit in the rooms with wealthy they do not care about you, and Donald Trump don't give a damn about you. Donald Trump has never been regular. He's never had a regular day in his life. He has had a privileged life. Privileged people can't even imagine what it is to want to make rent this month, to have to make a decision between paying a bill and buying some extra stuff for the kids or groceries. When you're privileged, you don't even know what that is. So he can't relate. So when bills come to him and things come to him, and he's going to react the way he knows how. His whole objective is to fix it for the rich, because his claim is the rich provide jobs.
Speaker 1: That's a true statement.
Speaker 2: But if the person that goes to Walmart can no longer afford to go to Walmart, what do you think happens to this system?
Speaker 3: Yes, it all falls apart. It all falls apartment. And that's why Joe Biden keeps saying, you got to build this economy from the middle out and the bottom up, not from the top down. You've got to get middle class people and working people so they have money in their pockets. Because they have money in their projets, they're gonna spend that money and you continue to see growth in the economy because of it. If you just give it all to the top, you know, people just hord them money. After a while, they ain't gonna spend it. And if the working people can't spend, then this economy falls apart. And that's what the president knows. Joe Biden understands that, and that's why he is trying to make sure that working people have more money in their pockets, some houses, the health care, the student loans, making sure that we provide relief so that they can spend more and do more for their kids and their family.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, listen, I want you to stay right here, because when we come back, I want to talk about this issue right here. I want to focus on a woman's right to choose, because you know Donald Trump, I've been watching this guy. He's been claiming he's gonna make a statement about abortion, about a women's rights, He's gonna make a statement real soon. And then I watched and his statement came out and all he did. All he did was say it's a state's choice. It should be long to the state, because he knows what he's done with these three Supreme Court justice appointments, how it's affected the Roe versus Wade and the and the Republicans know that this is a touchy subject for them. So we're gonna get into it when we come back. We're gonna focus on a woman's right to choose. When we come back, we'll be right back with more right after this.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 1: We're back, everybody.
Speaker 2: Our special guest is the chair of the Democratic National Committee, mister Jamie Harrison, All, whom I've invited back on the show because he has done has good a job of I've seen off anybody explaining the Biden administration advantage for all of.
Speaker 1: Us voters of color.
Speaker 2: And now I want to talk about this, let's focus on a woman's right to choose.
Speaker 1: That's a great place to start.
Speaker 2: How can our listeners be more understanding of this issue when it comes to the difference between Biden and Trump.
Speaker 3: Well, folks, sure understand that the law of land was the road decisions for fifty years in this country. Women had complete autonomy and control over their bodies, the freedom to do in terms of their bodies. Donald Trump appointed three of the most right wing zealous on the Supreme Court, and many of them you all remember in the testimony said when asked about role, they said, you know, it is dark decisives, which means that it is already settled law. We won't touch it. It is the law of land. And by then they went through the Supreme Court. They lied in those hears and went to the Supreme Court and they overturned rope. For the first time in my life, we have less freedoms in this country than we've had. And that is because these right wings that was appointed by Donald Trump, who he claimed and he he's launing the fact that it was his justices that overturn roles, ripping women freedom away from them. So we got to understand that and now what we are seeing in these individual states. We just saw in Florida that is a six week band. Most women won't even know that they're pregnant yet that there's a sixth week band. In terms of abortion, we're seeing some of the most draconian things. We just saw this video in Texas where people are basically saying if a woman could miss gets an abortion, then she should be tried for murder and the doctor should as well. So, folks, I want you to understand what the Pandora bok that Donald Trump has opened up and what this means for women in this country and understanding it's a slippery slow. When you take away somebody freedom, it is very easy to then go look at other freedoms that they have and take that away as well. And so we got to do everything that we can to make sure that we reinstate role as the law of the land. And that's what Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are committed to doing. Don't let Trump. He's gonna say all kinds of things because he just wants to get back in the White House, and he'll he'll he'll try to say, well, I don't believe in a national abortion man. Donald Trump has flip flock on the issue abortions. They are more flip flocks. Donald Trump has flip flocks. You find in Myrtle Beach doing the sock. This man is on all sides of this issue. But we got to make sure that we understand that they're in the situation because of Donald Trump. So don't think he's gonna make it better. He's only gonna make it worse. And we've got to stand up and protect women's right to control their own body. You should you should not have Donald Trump or Lindsey Graham or anybody end up in the medical room with you to make a decision about how you control your own body.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I think that's that puts it on the head. Jamie Man, thank you so much. Brother, Get out to vote. Let's make a difference. We'll be right back with more to Steve har Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Steve Harvey Morning Show.