Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded, y'all know what time. I don't know y'all bad.
Speaker 2: At all at all, So.
Speaker 3: Don't given them.
Speaker 4: Back A millon buff bus Boozy.
Speaker 5: Listening to.
Speaker 4: Show to.
Speaker 1: Joy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Joy, you don't you?
Speaker 7: You gotta turn.
Speaker 8: Came to turn the mouth the turn you probably got to turn the mouth, turn out the.
Speaker 6: Money looking me.
Speaker 3: Come come on you.
Speaker 1: Ah, I sure will.
Speaker 6: A good morning everybody you're listening to the voice, come on dig me now. One and only Steve Harley got a radio show today. It's real simple for everybody that's trying to become successful on any level, in any arena, any genre. I don't care what it is. If you're trying to be successful, this message is for you. Let me help you understand something real clear. You ain't gonna make it the way you want to, and you're not going to make it to the heights that's fully out there and available for you without God. And I just keep it real simple and clean for you today. You're not going to make it the way you want to, and you're not going to get to the heights that's available to you without God. You have to get this through your head. You can try it if you want to because I did. I'm here to tell you I am talking purely from experience. Here you can try it without God, and you can see how far you can get. Will you have some measures of success? Of course you will. Will it feel like days like you might make it? Of course you will. But let me ask you a question, though. What you're gonna do about them days when you feel like you ain't gonna make it. When you're gonna do about them days where it feel like there are no answers to your questions.
Speaker 1: What you're gonna do about them days?
Speaker 6: What you're gonna do about them days when everybody laughing that you turn it against you. What you're gonna do about them, days when you just don't see no way through it? What you're gonna do about them days? I got the sunshine? You know, sunshine cool? Everybody got friends? When it's sunny outside. You want some friends, hit the lotto, You wanna get rid of them friends, go ask for some help.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about man. They scatter like roaches when lights come on. I'm trying to tell you. So, now here we go again, and you can do this without God now, because I've done it, and you can have yourself some measure success. Let me even hip you to a little bit closer, though, Let me tell you why you are doing it without God and having some measure of success.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you why?
Speaker 6: Because of God's grace and mercy to us, because of his grace and mercy trying to keep us in spite of ourself for the real mission that He really got for us.
Speaker 1: See that's the truth of the matter now now what we're talking about, NASTI see.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, you can do it without God, and you can have some measure of success without God. And yeah, yeah you got your little degree and everything. Yeah you completed the program God, all that, YadA, YadA YadA. But don't you know something. It's because of God's grace and mercy that he helps us anyway, well even when we ain't asking for help, when he bails us out anyway, when we ain't even ask him to be bailed out, you know why, because He love us that much that he would allow us to exist until we get our mind together where he could take us away, really trying to take us. Let's get this real straight. And today you can do this without God if you want to. But I'm telling you to get to where you really want to be and to be all that God has for you.
Speaker 1: You got to have God. That is no ifs ads, but about it. And let me tell you this here. I don't really care what nobody then told you. Are you listening to me?
Speaker 6: I don't care what they say. Don't get this thing twisted. They got these people out here talking about they illuminatis and all. Listen, man, don't listen to me. Don't get caught in this mess. Don't get caught in no foolishness. You were created by God. God created you and your soul. We were all created in His image, all of us. Don't get to talking about you.
Speaker 1: Finish. Cut a deal with the devil in all you ain't cutting no deal with nobody.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: The devil don't do deals. He one sided.
Speaker 6: I'm taking you to hell. You going to hell, You're burning here. That's his deal. I want your soul. I want you to lose hope. I want you to take your life. I want you to take some other people's lives. I want you to feel hopeless. I want you to realize that it ain't no God. That's his whole deal. His whole deal is negative. Oh he can talk you in the deal in drugs if you want to.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you something about this.
Speaker 6: I watch these shows all the time, drug inc And all this here cocaine mafia. Everybody on now go to jail and get killed. Our prisons is filled today with our young boys because they thought they can outslick the system. They thought they had away, they thought they sitting up been here and they failed. For the old cliche, man, I gotta do what I gotta do, I gotta get this money. Well, the only reason you gotta do what you gotta do is because, like I say all the time, you didn't do what you were supposed to do. It is but because of His grace and mercy that we exist, and God is just taking care of you, looking out for you. Got some angels and camped around you until you get your mind right so he can get you where you're going. But now I want you to understand something. There's a cost and a consequence and a penalty for everything we do. This outside the will of God. That's for all of us. All of us have consequences, penalties and everything that we got to deal with outside of the will of God. Understand that clearly, don't get this thing twisted sideways. You understand me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I heard a young man tell me one day.
Speaker 6: He said, Steve, you know, man, I just don't see how God looking out for me, if he would allow all these things to happen to me. I'm having such a hard time in my life. I really don't see how there's a god looking out for me. I lived a young man. I said, the man, it's just something. Man, you're still breathing. He said, yeah, I'm standing here talking to you. I said, you're still free. He said what you mean. I said, you ain't locked up, are you? He said no, I'm standing here talking to you. I said, where you get them clothes from?
Speaker 1: I bought him?
Speaker 6: I said, well, you bought them with what I bought him with money? I said, where you get the money from, Young Joe. So I got job, mister Huh, I got a job. I said, well, well where you live though, it's I got apartment. I said, where you get the apartment from, mister Harvy, I'm working. I got an apartment.
Speaker 1: I got a job.
Speaker 6: I said, okay, okay, So now this this God ain't looking out for you? Think finish finish telling me what you're telling me. Well, see, man, I'm having it real hard right now. I said, hey, hey, man, are you hungry? Have you had lunch yet? He's yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, already had lunch yet. I said, oh, okay, okay, So gone finish telling me about this how God ain't looking out for you?
Speaker 1: He said, oh.
Speaker 6: And you know, man, every every time I try to do something, it seemed like it go wrong for me. I said, but letting loom in the man some man, I said, every time it go wrong for you, I say, somehow you survive it? He said, yeah, yeah, I survive in some kind of way, but it's still be all messed up on me. I said, but but you still got through it though, he said yeah. I said, okay, man, gone finish telling me how God ain't looking out for you? And he stopped. He said, hey, miss Harvey, He said, how come every time I tell you something that's going wrong, you keep telling me God looking out for me? I said, because you're still here, man, I said. See, you don't understanding. I said, you seen to think that you're supposed to just you're supposed to skate through life that is all supposed to go. How you want it any kind of way, I said, Man, Thisesus the test to your faith, I said, God looking out for you the whole time. I said, every time you tell me something going wrong, you seem to turn around and tell me how you survived. If you keep telling me what ain't going right, But you keep telling me all these things you have. I said, man, so what you gotta do is you got to stop looking at the what you ain't got column and start focusing on what you do have column. But if you ain't happy with nothing he'd have done for you, you wanted to keep piling stuff on. I said, you fail in the test, young man. The test is are you grateful for where you are right now? So I could give you more so we can move forward. He said, oh, man, I never even looked at like that. I said, well, why don't you take your blessed self on somewhere and sit down? He said, I think I'm going over here and let you finish talking. I said, thank you, son. Sometimes you just got to look at what you do God, folks, that's all it is. Okay, you can't make it with our God, y'all you got me today? All right, Let's be clear, let's go.
Speaker 4: You're listening.
Speaker 2: Morning show.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen, The time has come. Another day has arrived, another blessing, another gift. That's why they call it the present. You can't beat it, man, only you know, really, I'm at a loss for words. I just don't know how to fix it every day, to fully explain what he does. It's unexplainable. This is amazing, man, This is it's really amazing the fact that he can he can make that son come up every day. I mean, he don't miss, he don't miss. Amazing man. Then everybody was going through the eclipse yesterday. I didn't really understand that it was okay. I hope you enjoyed your Eclipse day or whenever it was the other day.
Speaker 1: But you know, yeah, he ain't win't no biggie for me, just really.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I mean the son go down every day, you won't be there for that. You know the fact that they moved it up a little bit then really.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Ladies and gentlemen, Steve Harvey, Martin Show, Shelley Strawberry, Collin Frail Mississippi, Monica Junior and the Legend that is Nephew Tommy Junr.
Speaker 1: What's on your mind today? You know, uncle?
Speaker 10: Uh you know, we're getting ready for the summer, trying to plan vacations up.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 10: My wife saw a picture of you and your family on on the boat.
Speaker 1: How much? How much that boat be that you be on? Uh?
Speaker 6: Oh man, you know, man like you know Saint Patty's Day. Man, it comes like usually during March.
Speaker 1: And that's why I tried seventeenth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, March seventeen, somewhere around Saint Patty's Day something like that.
Speaker 10: You start planning for that, for that trip, you start planning for.
Speaker 6: Your No, I'm just saying that's where the Saint Patty's Day is. Okay, what that guy with the boat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How much is the boat? Though? The boat? She won't go on the boat. She won't say. I want to do with the harvest?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Mm hm that turkey prices was up last year holiday? Yeah, they were, they were so yeah.
Speaker 10: Okay, So looking at me, uncle, knowing my situation, like, because you know, I don't have no problem telling you. I mean, you know me, I just asked him what the boat is like for like, let's say like a like a week. Let's say a week on the boat.
Speaker 1: On that boat, Well, let me ask you a question, man, how much? How much is penicillin?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 10: I don't need no penicillin, but I just got a Yeah, I thought I just I'm checking my body.
Speaker 1: Now call the T do I need to do? I need to check if I got an infection?
Speaker 4: What what you wanted to be asking that question?
Speaker 1: Is what you asking me?
Speaker 2: Is what he's saying.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's why he's just throwing out random I thought he just didn't. Okay, So so let's say we just want to do a week on boat like you like the boat line lying on the seas, Like that boat right there?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: A week with that? It's the old boat we used to take. It's called Sea Lion, Sea Lion, same thing, same thing, lying on the sea. I probably need to be on it. But if I don't even know the name, but I probably need to be on it.
Speaker 6: High you know, Junior, this whole conversation what I'm trying to avoid is well, the first boat I took, yeah, was the one you probably want to look at.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, I'll look at that, but I'll tell you right now where you talking, I'll probably.
Speaker 1: Need catch a ferry and put on that.
Speaker 10: Probably, I probably don't just catch a faery egg exactly.
Speaker 7: Coming up at thirty two minutes, half fifty hour, we will hear from the nephews. He runs that prank back right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. It is time now to run that prank back with the nephew.
Speaker 11: What you got for us, nep Just for them big kids that's on the school bus. Shirty this put them big babies. It's right here. Yeah, we gotta get that weight now, get out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I am mister Ernest, the bus driver, and I refuse to continue with it. We got to get this weight down. Okay, we're gonna weigh your baby before your baby can get on the bus. If your baby over wait, your baby got to walk.
Speaker 1: The baby's on. Listen.
Speaker 11: If we have more bus drivers like this, we'll save a lot more buses. Say these axles, all that stuff, that's.
Speaker 1: A lot going on. I say, you axle, but you ain't seen these baby waits. What it's right here.
Speaker 11: It's called this right here is called baby wait, baby wait, let's go get dogs.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach train to please. Yeah, this is Trina Trina, my name is Ernest, Ernest Murphy down here at the bus born with the from the school district. Your son is different, am I right?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, No, he's in the fifth grade. I think yeah, everything is fine. I think he's on he rides bus ninety plus ninety three. Does he ride plus ninety three? You can mean yeah?
Speaker 9: Um, yeah, yeah he does.
Speaker 3: Okay. So now the school board has implemented a new rule and we're having to call a lot of parents and let him know about the new rule for us as far as the buses are concerned. Now, from my understanding, each child that gets on the bus has to weigh less than one hundred and twenty five parents. That's what the new rule that is implemented by board. What did you.
Speaker 9: Say that again?
Speaker 3: Each each child that gets on the bus has to weigh less than one hundred and twenty five parents.
Speaker 5: I don't understand.
Speaker 8: I don't understand.
Speaker 9: So's okay, So what does that mean?
Speaker 3: So starting on Monday, Starting on Monday, what they're gonna do is they're gonna the bus driver will have a scale and he will wait the kids so they get on the bus. I understand. Man in the doctor like I say, I'm calling. I'm calling every patent that they.
Speaker 12: Said, you're gonna you're gonna weigh my child before he gets on the bus.
Speaker 3: That's that's what the new rulee, that's what the new rule is. If he's over one twenty five, then he he'll either have to wait, so you'll have to take him to.
Speaker 4: School, which I have a job.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a job.
Speaker 12: I thought going to take my kid in school, but doesn't I don't. That's what the bus is flor that's what my tax dollars takes. Right reasoning the rationale behind.
Speaker 3: This, Okay, let me tell you what's going on. From what they're saying, the weight of these children is wearing down these transmissions on this bus. On these buses transmission the transmission that cannot take all of that. So they are limiting the weight of each child. So now how much does this discrimination?
Speaker 12: I think that's discrimination.
Speaker 3: But over is he over one hundred and twenty five pounds? Okay he is? Okay, then you're gonna you're probably gonna have to take your son to school or he gonna have to walk. He probably need to walk to school if he already a hunting twenty five pounds.
Speaker 12: What the accident are you talking about?
Speaker 3: All I'm saying. All I'm saying is if your son is overweight one hundred and twenty five, you know, maybe the exercise is doing good. When like I said that, the school's gonna allow him on the bus.
Speaker 9: Sure, I will accept this.
Speaker 5: Who do I need to call?
Speaker 9: Is there a manager?
Speaker 12: Is there a city council member? I mean, this is seriously the lost up discriminatory practice I've ever heard of.
Speaker 5: It doesn't even make sense. You're talking about child.
Speaker 3: I understand, but we're talking about a child. They're way more than a grown person, your son.
Speaker 12: I need to get what is your name, sir?
Speaker 5: Tell me your name again?
Speaker 3: My name Earnest. I'm down here at the bus ball.
Speaker 12: I would like to speak with a supervisor. Like now, you do not get to speak to much about my child that way. You can speak to any kid that way. You should not be working at a school if that is your attitude.
Speaker 3: I no, I don't work at the school. I work at the bus ball. I'm down here at the bus ball and they gave me your at tender day, right, because you're saying he's over behind in twenty five times.
Speaker 12: I am an absolute shocked.
Speaker 3: This is so okay. So do you have a fan child? I mean, do you have scuba? I'm sorry, do you have a big child? Listen?
Speaker 12: What my child looks like, how much he weighs is none of your business.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call the school.
Speaker 12: They can do working with your company. If this is the way that you treat people and you talk about children this way, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Matter with you.
Speaker 3: I guess what they're doing is this is the way of them approaching obesity, you know, right? Yeah? Want to school whoever? Whoever over one hundred and twenty five, elen a walk, they might walk it all your son listen, listen.
Speaker 12: That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 9: Okay, I have to work.
Speaker 12: My son is getting on that bus and I'm going to call the school board and should not be working with you your mother bus company. I don't know what I'm calling the city.
Speaker 9: I will call.
Speaker 12: Remember the need to call that. You need to give me a supervisor's name right now, right now?
Speaker 3: Do you like you need to start cooking different folks, So Devin, don't have you know, maybe maybe it's starts at home and what you're feeding them.
Speaker 12: To everybody know. I am calling the supervisor. I'm calling the city, I'm calling the school. I'm going to get so fired, like I can't even believe that you're allowed to make this call like our other parents.
Speaker 3: Okay with this, I'm calling. Well, you're on your way to work in the morning, trainer. Do you listen to the Steve Harvey Morning Show? Oh my god, yes I do, Nephew Telly from the Steve Morning Old baby, Yes, yes, your cousin Vicky got me to prank pol call you baby. Oh my god, I'm gonna yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, I was like, oh my god, I love Harvey. I love you.
Speaker 3: I was about God, you gotta tell me this, baby tream it. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the lane? See Harvey, Let's get it down.
Speaker 1: Let's get it down. I'll be back in an hour. Just as ignorant, just as stupid we are.
Speaker 7: That that goes without saying. You're like stating the obvious, preaching to the choir.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: You know that right? Well, coming up next, it is asked the clo.
Speaker 2: You're listening Steve hard Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Coming up at the top of the hour, the Democratic National Committee chair will be our special guest and we will discuss this year's presidential election and why it is.
Speaker 4: Crucial, crucial for us to vote.
Speaker 7: That's all coming up, and right now it is time to ask the CLO our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey.
Speaker 4: This one's from Calvin and Brickle.
Speaker 7: Calvin says, my wife and I are buying our first home and I'd like to live in the suburbs, but she wants to live in the city. I hate it when she goes to the club with her girlfriend, so I want to buy a home way out so she.
Speaker 4: Can't be in the streets. Am I too controlling?
Speaker 6: Well, you're going to be living in the city. I could tell you that, so you can you move after end of suburbs?
Speaker 1: We want to do. Why is your wife still living.
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 6: Am I being controlling? It ain't that you being controller. Is the fact that she ain't gonna be controlled. That's what the issue is going. So I don't want to get in your beer since and nothing like that. But your concern ain't Are you being too controlling? That ain't your concern? She not having it?
Speaker 4: She in the street, moves to the superb. She's gonna dry to the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just want me going longer, that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Moving moving on to Lorrain and Camden. Lorraine says, my husband loves to play cards. His female friend from childhood was his partner for years before we started dating. Well, Friday night he asked me if I minded if she.
Speaker 4: Was his partner for the night. And I'm still hurt, he said, I'm being a baby, am I really?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But oh see, dog, you stupid to the man, stupid you're taking your wife to the card party obviously, and then asked your wife, could she be my partner for the night?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Well, it's not his at they supposed to be childhood friends.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you hurt. But see, let's also look at the fact though you can't play cards and this is this is it we need three times last year and you missed. You missed twelve books. Was sitting up in here, man, just watching. I'm watching you girl. Have it you Okay? You played the Ace of Diamond, you won the book. Then you came back and you played the tenor diamond.
Speaker 1: Okay. Your reasoning was you had the queen. Uh yeah, somebody else had the I got the tea.
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: I was trying to draw it out out what you're talking about? Ye see.
Speaker 6: So that's why he really wanted to play with her, because you don't play cards. They're good and he loved to play cards, and he grew up playing cards.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 6: Cards ain't your thing? Now, you could just let him have his partners sit over there and sit next to him and pull for him. You could look in his hand, point at the wrong card, you know, and all this here he trying to win that thing.
Speaker 1: She could keep scoring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: All right right, and Campden, get your game up.
Speaker 7: Moving on to Pooh in Montgomery, who says, I went to see nephew Tommy show last week, and I left my husband at home because he's a hater. I made a little joke by saying that you, Tommy or Junior could be my hall past.
Speaker 4: He is hot with me. Why can't he see that.
Speaker 2: It was only a joke.
Speaker 1: I clearly see that it was a joke.
Speaker 4: Your Junior could be my hall pack.
Speaker 1: Actually floored?
Speaker 4: What's wrong?
Speaker 1: Or they don't stay sexy? They don't what boy quick playing? It was a joke, Like I'll clearly joke.
Speaker 4: Why can't her husband seeing Steve that it.
Speaker 1: Was a joke. Well see, I think, well here I go, come on. What I think the reason her husband don't see it as a joke? Cousin stay all the same night.
Speaker 4: That's what you got out of that.
Speaker 1: That's what I think is So he feels threatened.
Speaker 4: But she threw you in there though you Yeah.
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 7: She went to see Tommy, I know, but she says she made a little joke that by saying that you, Tommy or Junior could be a hall.
Speaker 10: Pat sing when she said hall fast, I was going to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: That what that mean?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, he'd be a hall I'm going. Isn't that what that means?
Speaker 9: I got it now?
Speaker 4: All right, Steve, So you don't understand, you don't see you don't you see it now? How you were in that?
Speaker 2: You see it now?
Speaker 1: I mean you know you can't tell your man there's three people you you could pay as a joke.
Speaker 4: No, not even as a joke.
Speaker 1: Co home from show.
Speaker 6: Let's reverse, okay, Tosh, come in the house to go, baby, I went out.
Speaker 1: That was crazy.
Speaker 6: I would see y'all live Broadcare. You know my hall past could be that little girl.
Speaker 1: Do y'all social media, Shirley or Mark?
Speaker 4: I watched him out.
Speaker 1: Right across his list. Ah you moving on?
Speaker 8: Moving on?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: This is from Alison last one Steve and Dan Berry. Allison says, I have a male roommate and sometimes we sleep in the same bed, but we've never touched each other. He's my best friend and that is it. He asked if his girlfriend can move in, but she doesn't like me.
Speaker 4: Should I try to welcome her or move out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You're gonna have to move out. Let me explain something to you. Watch y'all in the bed to sleep? Did you saw my roommates is more than one room sleeping? You ain't got a room and you ain't got a bed. I'm telling you right now. It's owns man. I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 4: He has a girlfriend though, that's why he wants her.
Speaker 1: To move I ain't got nothing to do with else.
Speaker 4: He has a girlfriend, then he wants to move in.
Speaker 1: Do she know he's sleeping in that bed sometime?
Speaker 4: Well, that's not in here.
Speaker 7: They're just why you don't like you got a feeling about something anyway, And he and his roommate are just best friends.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 1: That's a lie. That's a lie. Why do you go in there and get into bed with him?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 6: Why does he come in.
Speaker 1: There and get into bed with you? Okay, all right, feel me see what happened.
Speaker 4: Coming up at the top of the hour, we have a special guest.
Speaker 7: As we switch gears here, d NC chair Jamie Harrison will be on to discuss this year's presidential election.
Speaker 4: You don't want to miss it.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got a special guest this morning.
Speaker 6: He is the chair of the Democratic National Committee and he's joining us again as promise.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: He's got valuable, invaluable information to share on what's at stake for black voters in this year's presidential election. He's going to share a few facts on how the Biden administration continues to deliver for black voters.
Speaker 1: Now listen, y'all.
Speaker 6: The reason I'm having this man on is because he made some points last time that was so valuable, and I think we're missing the point here because I'm hearing too much counter information that's not true. And I think this man did about it good a job as I've heard of anybody explaining the Biden administration's position.
Speaker 1: So please welcome back to the show. Mister Jamie Harrison.
Speaker 10: Good morning, say hello, everybody, good, good, good.
Speaker 1: Listen man, let's get to it.
Speaker 6: You know, I think me personally, after talking to you and then researching myself, I found that the Biden administration has continually delivered for black voter voters. And I wanted to have you back on so we could talk about just a few of President Biden's accomplishments thus far.
Speaker 9: But well, see just yesterday, I don't know if you're listeners tune in to the president, but he talked a little more about student loan forgiveness. And I just want to back up and you know, go to that wading back machine. You remember when he first became president, you said that he wanted to do four hundred billion dollars of student over leaf. The Republicans didn't want that. They sued him, took them all the way to the Supreme Court. Ance Thomas and his right wing buddies in the court said that the president didn't have the authority to do it, and Joe Biden pulled the usher and he said watch this, And so he has been rolling he's been rolling out proposals. So up until yesterday he had forgiven one hundred and forty billion dollars for four four million Americans. Yesterday he rolled out a big proposal. And I believe that particularly two parts of this proposal are going to have a disproportionate impact on Black folks, but particularly your leaders. The first part of us and if this proposal happen, thirty million people will.
Speaker 3: Get some form of student loan debt relief.
Speaker 9: The two parts that I really want to highlight. First, borrows who have seen their debt grow due to unpaid hinters. How many of us know folks who've been paying their student loans for paying the principles, but that interest kept up crewing and crewing, and now they have more debt than they had when that they actually borrowed. Because the entrance is a cruise. Over time, those folks are going to see their debt wipeout. Twenty five million people eligible under that category, and that particularly is relevant to black voters because I know so many, so many friends and the cousins who follow in that category. And then there's a second category, borrows who've been repaying their undergraduate loans for twenty years or more. There's some of a diligent playing the student loans, but they still got them payment. And it's been twenty years since they graduated or stopped school, but they're still paying. Those folks will.
Speaker 3: See their student loans waves.
Speaker 9: As the President said, this is a BFP. This is a big deal for a lot of people, and they're gonna put money back in their pocket.
Speaker 5: And this is a contrast.
Speaker 9: Donald Trump didn't want to give you that type of student loan relief. What he's talking about. His tax cuts were billionaires, all the people who were at We're along with him last weekend, but nothing for you, working people in this country. And that is the stark difference between Joe Biden every day thinking about working people in this country, particularly black folks, and Donald Trump, who don't care anything about any of us.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what, man, I've been telling people on this radio show, because I play golf with these people, I'm in business with these people. I get to sit in the rooms with wealthy people. They do not care about you, and Donald Trump don't give a damn about you. Donald Trump has never been regular. He's never had a regular day in his life. He has had a privileged life privileged people can't even imagine what it is to want to make rent this month, to have to make a decision between paying a bill and buying some extra stuff for the kids or groceries. When you're privileged, you don't even know what that is. So he can't relate. So when bills come to him and things come to him, and he's going to react the way he knows how. His whole objective is to fix it for the rich, because his claim is the rich provide jobs.
Speaker 1: That's a true statement.
Speaker 6: But if the person that goes to Walmart can no longer afford to go to Walmart, what do you think happens to this system?
Speaker 9: It all falls apart. It all falls apart. And that's why Joe Biden keeps saying, you got to build this economy from the middle out and the bottom up, not from the top down. You've got to get middle class people and working people so they have money in their pockets. Because they have money in their projects, They're gonna spend that money and you continue to see growth in the economy because of it. If you just give it all to the top, you know, people just hold him money after the while they ain't gonna spend it, and if the working people can't spend, then this economy falls apart. And that's what the President knows Joe Biden to understand, and that's why he is trying to make sure that working people had more money in their pockets, from houses, the healthcare, the student loans, making sure that we provide relief so that they can spend more and do more for their kids and their family.
Speaker 6: Yes, I say, hey, man, listen, I want you to stay right here because when we come back, I want to talk about this issue right here. I want to focus on a woman's right to choose because you know Donald Trump, I've been watching this guy. He's been claiming he's going to make a statement about abortion, about a women's rights, He's gonna make a statement real soon.
Speaker 1: And then I watched and his statement came out and all he did.
Speaker 6: All he did was say, it's a state's choice. It should be long to the state. Because he knows what he's done with these three Supreme Court justice appointments, how it's affected the Row versus Wade, and and the Republicans know that this is a touchy subject for them, So we're gonna get into it. When we come back, We're gonna focus on a woman's right to choose. When we come back, we'll be right back with more right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening, Morning Show.
Speaker 1: We're back, everybody.
Speaker 6: Our special guest is the chair of the Democratic National Committee, mister Jamie Harrison, whom I've invited back on the show because he has done has good a job of I've seen of anybody explaining the Biden administration advantage for all of us voters of color, and now I want to talk to about this. Let's focus on a woman's right to choose. That's a great place to start. How can our listeners be more understanding of this issue when it comes to the difference between Biden and Trump.
Speaker 9: Well, culture understand that the law the land was the road decision for fifteen years in this country, women had complete autonomy and control over their bodies, the freedom to do in terms of the ad body. Donald Trump appointed three of the most right wing zealous on the Supreme Court, and many of them, you all remember in the testimony said when asked about role, they said, you know, it is dark decisives, which means that it is already stettled law. We won't touch it. It is the law of land. And by then they went through the Supreme Court. They lied in those hears and went to the Supreme Court and they overturned rope. For the first time in my lifetime, we have left freedoms in this country than we had and that is because these right wing zealous appointed by Donald Trump, who he claimed and he's launing the fact that it was his justices that overturned roles, ripping women freedom away from them. So we got to understand that. And now what we are seeing in these individual states.
Speaker 3: We just saw in Florida that is.
Speaker 9: A sixth week band. Most women won't even know that they're pregnant yet that there's a sixth week ban. In terms of abortion, we're seeing some of the most draconian things. We just saw this video and textas where people are basically saying if a woman com miss gets an abortion, then she should be tried for murder and the doctor should as well. So, folks, I want you to understand what the Pandora bock that Donald Trump has opened up and what this means for women in this country, and understand that it's a flippery slow when you take away somebody's freedom it is very easy to then go look at other freedoms that they have and take that away as well. And so we got to do everything that we can to make sure that we reinstate role as the law of the land. And that's what Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are committed to doing. Don't let Trump. He's gonna say all kinds of things because he just wants to get back in the White House, and he'll he'll he'll try to say, well, I don't believe in a national abortion man. Donald Trump has flip flock on the issue abortions. There are more flip flocks of Donald Trump has flip flocked you in Myrtle Beach doing the song.
Speaker 3: This man is on all sides of this issue.
Speaker 9: But we got to make sure that we understand they're in the situation because of Donald Talk. So don't think he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Make it better.
Speaker 9: He's only gonna make it worse. And we got to stand up and protect women's right to control their own body.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 9: Should you should not have Donald Talk or Lindsey Graham or anybody in the medical room with you to make a decision about how you control your own body.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, I think that's that puts it on the head. Jamie Man, thank you so much. Brother, Get out to vote. Let's make a difference. We'll be right back with more to Steve Harv Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening hard Morning Show, all right, So Steve, let's see if you can help us with a few things some of our listeners. I'm gonna read some someone's really polite comment or question, and we're gonna need you to tell us what that person really meant.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: This is a woman saying, oh, Tom, I didn't know you and your mom were so close.
Speaker 6: Ah okay, so she talking to a man named Tom. Uh huh, Tom, I didn't know you and your mama was so close. Damn Tom, I thought you could stand on your own two feet. I didn't know you was a little weak, pied back, little jellyback, little boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what she meant. No podcast, all right.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's another one, Steve.
Speaker 7: This is also from a woman. She says, John, you're slurring your words. I can't understand you would right too damn much.
Speaker 1: You're gonna mess around and lose your job.
Speaker 7: That's what she really wants to say, all right, okay, here's another one. Yeah, we do love children, uh huh, but this is an adult wedding reception, so no kids.
Speaker 1: Don't bring them.
Speaker 6: Ill man, a little bastard shooting raised over to this reception we have because the last time it's over the keishing them where they knocked the cake down off the table and they set up here and knocked over the punch bowl and everybody know it wasn't just punching that bowl.
Speaker 1: So now we lost all that liquor money too.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what they really want. H Do you do you see a dentist regularly?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 6: I don't know if you noticed it, but we can see that little gap on the side of your teeth because when you smile, they just stopped being teeth right there, probably going up in there and see that because I'm telling you right, I knew you.
Speaker 1: Let when you smile real hard, you see that hole. You can wow, that's what that meant.
Speaker 4: Do you see regularly?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you're you're you know, breaking it down for it, Steve.
Speaker 7: This one is no thanks. I don't want anything. I ate dinner before I came over here.
Speaker 1: Well, just sitting here looking at your fat ass.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna pass on my meal because I Lord, no, I can't get the where you at right now. I'm gonna just gonna sit over here, y'all. Just here extra greasing buddy in y'all food preparation.
Speaker 1: Cause I get home.
Speaker 4: Okay, whoa what do you really feel?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: Last one, last one? Girl, I thought that was a tarantula on your forehead.
Speaker 6: I know you think that's a beauty mark. But girl, let me tell you something them I last she's sitting up on your head.
Speaker 1: You need to rethink your lashes, baby, because them ain't all black. What is you trying to? What is you getting ready for rain?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, because that's really yeah, thank you, yeah for your interpretation.
Speaker 1: Really need can we call it? Put some inn word on it? But I like it like that. Put some word on, put some word on. He just said anything that comes, ye, anything trying to stop it?
Speaker 4: What about the one?
Speaker 1: No, that that was it?
Speaker 3: That was it?
Speaker 4: What about the one the woman told you? What does she really mean when she said I didn't like your features?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Facial feature, facial features.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to the problem with your love. I knew that's what.
Speaker 6: I don't like your facial features. But Devin, I don't have the money to do nothing about it. It wasn't no b b ls back then or nothing like that. We ain't even ain't nobody had no money for that. You just had to deal with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's something.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But you know I've noticed about bbls. I'll say this.
Speaker 6: Black women's bodies have been like this the whole time, and everybody used to make fun of it because white men always like just breast because they weren't getting the curvature in the back, so they made fun of women. Now all of a sudden, everybody won't what the black woman been having all the Now they all walking around looking back at their booty now because you have found a way to get some all right.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 7: Coming up next to the nephew and the prank phone call for today. Right after this, you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today and the subject is he smells like grease and mothballs.
Speaker 4: You find out what that's all about.
Speaker 1: Just a show.
Speaker 4: But first, Herman, it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call what you got for his nep All.
Speaker 1: Right, before I get started, me put it out there.
Speaker 11: I am getting ready to head to the Comedy Factory in Baltimore, b MO, in Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland.
Speaker 1: That's April nineteenth and twentieth. Why guy popping.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna live bit pop live bit popper back by popular man b MO.
Speaker 1: You know how we do it.
Speaker 11: We rocket, We have a whole lot of fun, whole lot of jokes. So get yourself from the tickets. I will be at the Comedy Factory. This right here, this prank right here, this is uh.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Give the drummer thumb. Give the drummer song, not.
Speaker 11: The not the bass player, not the pm A player, not the horn player, not the not the background.
Speaker 1: But give the drummer thumb. All right, got dog?
Speaker 3: If you puld hello, I'm trying to riach uh Richie zeke a you Richie, how you doing? You the drummer for the for the band.
Speaker 5: You're saying, you're saying, all right, and you also the guy that that you man, you're the manager of the band?
Speaker 1: T right?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 5: Correct, correct, all right, all right, we.
Speaker 3: Want to book you guys for I think it's gonna be in February. All right, all right, February sixteen. That's yeah. I mean my name is Carter. They told you I was gonna be calling, I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's tell you what. We're gonna go through a little check minus list here, make sure we on the same page, and we got everything's gonna be good that night. But I hear you got you got. I'll tell you something. You guys come highly recommended. You know that, don't you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that, we know that we were the best out there. Yeah, it's all good. It sounds all good, sounds perfect.
Speaker 3: All right, Now let's talk about money, because that's always the most crucial thing to talk about. Now, you guys, sounds good. Uh, you guys are supposed to be what about what thirty five hundred? From what I understand? Correct?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: How many how many hours do I get you to thirty five hundred? So? What time is starting that we're gonna start that We're gonna start seven probably seven thirty, you know, get that, get that thing jumping off about seven thirty. I think that's gonna be good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can play till like I guess put out ten o'clock, seven thirty ten.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, I'm gonna pay you something. They not gonna get going good till about ten. So I'm gonna say I'm gonna say this to you right now. You think you guys could probably go to midnight maybe twelve thirty if I if I make that thing a nine five thousand dollars, sounds good to me, we could definitely work with that. You can work with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well we'll accommodate. It's gonna be an awesome party.
Speaker 3: We're gonna we're gonna bring fit. Okay, all right, we got that out of way. I'll tell you what I think. The main thing that we haven't gone over is we haven't gone over the songs. And that's what's that's what's gonna be impartant for this showdown. Now you you can. You got a pen and a pad. You can write this down?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I write it down, all right, down, Give me a second, go ahead?
Speaker 3: You got it all right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got all rightbody.
Speaker 3: I just want to be clear you guys, when you go, when you guys go do gigs, you do have people that want certain uh songs of I right or wrong? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Usually yeah, if you got a request, definitely let us know. We can commodate.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, well here we go, uh, here we go. I want you to write this down. I got I got some that we gotta make sure this is gonna be doing the high of the party. Here we go. Okay, friends in low Places by Garth Brooks right, Tennessee whiskey, that's Chris Faflet you know that. Okay, not time to part, that's Jason all things.
Speaker 5: Hold off for a second. Is that country music?
Speaker 3: That's count music? Well, that's that's that's that's that's everything. We gonna do everything.
Speaker 5: We don't do that said, Yeah, bro, I gotta tell you right now, man, R and B. That's our specialty.
Speaker 3: Did you not know that?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying? We played R and B.
Speaker 3: You did not know that. All I know is you guys come high, recommend they tell me. You guys can say anything in the world. All I know is I want that gun country. I want some gun country music going on round. I know that.
Speaker 5: But you know our specialty is an R and B.
Speaker 3: That's our specialty.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. It's it's not like we're trained monkeys where we could just learn something new.
Speaker 3: Last meant like that. You know what I'm saying, Let's let's get let's get one. Let's get one thing. Understand you're the person that's said monkey. I ain't sick, but I'm just no.
Speaker 9: Know and you know that we're an R and B band.
Speaker 5: That's our big thing. That's what we promote ourselves at.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something, Richie. He is something? Now do you not? Do you not want to make the five towns knowledge that you and I have already negotiated.
Speaker 5: I don't like being disrespected though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, No, nobody is disrespecting you at all. You're just we're an R and D bad.
Speaker 9: We don't the country.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Hang on here, Richie, you got something his country music?
Speaker 5: I have no problem with country music. It's just that we have a full horn section, which doesn't really work with country music.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. We play R and D.
Speaker 5: It's not our genre.
Speaker 3: Well I got how got what year used to doing? But if I don't hear uh, let me see your gunner. Oh my cole swim. They all didn't didn't that it ain't gonna work for me. I gotta get that. I gotta get slow burned by Tim Heats. I gotta get all my arty friends who coming over by. I ain't Williams. I mean that, Yo, you know what waddy wait waite, wait wait. Kevin's over at the bank is telling me that you guys can sing anything in the world. Now, I know you ain't telling the name that Kevin's line.
Speaker 5: I mean he maybe he should have told you explicitly what we do and what we play.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, I've never met anybody in my life. I'm playing problem playing Guardbrooks, Chris Staples and dates. Now they ain't Brooks and Downs, Blake Shelton, Cole Swindale. Lady, ay, you don't sit here and tell me you can't play none of these songs. I want you to get on the stage and sing these songs that we want done. We ain't got time to find another group. Everybody know what, I don't care about your stupid party.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. You came to us to play music, and.
Speaker 3: We told you what we do. Right now. You know right now, I feel like I feel like we had a standoff. I'm okay around.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, let me let talk to my band, all right, because this is going, this is going unnecessary too far, you know what I'm saying. Maybe we can make it work, all right.
Speaker 3: Let me let me ask you something. Is dra the bass player? Yeah? Correct? Okay? Can I tell you something about Dray?
Speaker 5: What about him?
Speaker 3: Drey got me to prank phone call you. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Baby, you just got pranked by your boy in the band, Dre.
Speaker 5: Damn, damn damn.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta ask you something, man. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show.
Speaker 5: In the leg Steve Harvey Morning Show? Come on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Some might got to be yah, y'all, y'all like it my stupid this morning?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is it? Is it?
Speaker 1: Blessed and highly favored? I like my reinsurance, don't he's every day?
Speaker 2: We get it?
Speaker 1: Just checking, just checking, just checking?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 11: Let the last begin. Let let let there be laughs. Hosted by yours truly nephew Tommy. This is at the YouTube Theater. It is Netflix is a Joke Festival. Netflix is a joke festival that is May fifth, on a Sunday night in Los Angeles, California, at the YouTube Theater. You got keV on stage, Tony Baker, Lavell Crawford, J. J. Williams and hosted by yours truly nephew Tommy, and then you got my man Fred Hammon and his own band sitting in the cut. Kind of feel like a like a late night talk show, you know what I'm saying. That's what it feels like to me of me the vibe. But it is an all clean show, all clean, no profanity, So Steve stop on by no cussing.
Speaker 7: Alive, All right, Nephews coming up next, Strawberry Letter. He smells like grease and mothballs. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com by clicking submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: This is all you have to do.
Speaker 7: We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 1: Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here.
Speaker 7: It is a strawberry letter thanking a for you subject. He smells like grease and mothballs. All right, Dear Stephen Shirley. I met a man online and he's a decent guy that's eight years older than I am. He's fifty nine and divorced, and I have never been married. When we met, we talked about everything and I really got to know him. I found out that he's the cafeteria manager at an office building downtown and he loves to cook. He lied on his dating profile and said he's a chef, so I brought that up to him. All he did was brag about his cooking, and he said he's the best chef I'll ever meet. So our first date was a makeshift picnic at a park by my office, and he brought all of the food. My first impression of him was not good. He looked like his profile picture, thank you, but he was all sweaty, slouchy, and sweaty. He said he was rushing to wrap up all of the food and make it to the date on time. He smelled like grease and mothballs. Everything we ate was fried. He called it his Southern soul food fest. It was a total mess, and I told him I couldn't eat that much greasy food. I told him he smelled like fried chicken, and he thought it was a compliment. I can only assume he has a problem with flying insects at home, because his jeans and his jackets smelled like a lot like mothballs. He smelled all on our other dates too. He must not have a vent over his stove, or he might not know how to use it. I think he has great potential, and I don't want to dump him just because he smells like a short earder cook all the time. Is there a way to tell him about himself? Or will it hurt his pride?
Speaker 4: He's invited me to his house, but I don't want to smell like him.
Speaker 1: What do I do?
Speaker 4: Wow, this is not starting off well.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: You don't really like a lot about this guy, And I.
Speaker 7: Get it because it would be hard for anyone I would think to sit there with someone who came on a date slouchy and smelly. It would make me question his hygiene right off the bed, and that cannot happen.
Speaker 3: I can't do that.
Speaker 4: This is one thing that has to be right. What is it that you like about him?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 7: You even said he must have bugs at home because he smells like mothballs.
Speaker 4: Well when you told him he smelled like fried chicken, thought that was a compliment. I'm sorry. It's a hard note for me with this guy.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 7: I don't think you're that desperate where you have to date a guy with questionable hygiene and it smelly.
Speaker 4: This is just not cool, Steve.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a petty letter with a petty problem. But but it has potential according to her, and I don't see it. I'm you know, Shirley asked, what is it?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 6: But look, you met this man online. He's a decent guy. He's eight years older than I am. He's fifty nine and divorced. Okay, that means you're fifty one one, never been married. What's the problem already?
Speaker 1: It sound like you.
Speaker 6: Fifty one now, lady, never been married. When you meet a fifty old man that ain't ever been married, don't.
Speaker 1: The red flag go up for you? For sure? Well? If she go up for a man too.
Speaker 6: We talked about everything, and I finally found out that he's the cafeteria cafeteria manager at an office building downtown and he loves to cook. Now you say he lied on his dating profile and said he's a chef. Well if he does the cooking down at the office building, but he's also the manager of the cafeteria.
Speaker 1: But he had to cook at one point. I don't see the lie. Maybe he is a chef.
Speaker 6: That's the term you would call it short on the cook chef, burger flipper. He want to call his chef. You know how the game go and so now and all he did was brag about his cooking. He said he's the best chef I'll ever meet.
Speaker 1: And I bet he was. I bet you ain't never dated the chef before. So so far he telling the truth.
Speaker 6: Now, your first date is a makeshift picnic at a park down there by your office. Then you said, and he bought all the food. But then you said, my first impression of him was not good. He looked like his profile picture, but he was all slouchy and sweaty. Now the man said he was rushing to wrap up all the food and make it to the date on time, he smelled like grease and mothballs. Everything we ate was fried. He called it his Southern soul food fast. Mama, Come on, fried chicken, fried hush puppies, fried hot water, corn bread, fried corn, had some fried okra. Yeah, all up in here, fried chicken. Come on, boy, I'm clapping. I'm enjoyed the soul food fast to the highest. It was a total mess. I told him I couldn't eat that much greasy food. You the probably told a lot of me and a lot of stuff. That's why you're asked by yourself.
Speaker 7: Hang on, Steve, one, part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter. Subject he smells like grease and mothballs. That's the issue. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening.
Speaker 7: Morning show, All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter.
Speaker 4: The subject he smells like grease and mothballs.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what she's say.
Speaker 6: So she met this man online who's divorced, eight years older than her. She's fifty one. They go on a date. He tells her on a profile that he's a chef, come to find out he's a manager at a food cafeteria down at a business office down there. Out of line, said chef too, he probably do some cooking, and if the cook don't come in, he probably had to do all the damn cooking. So y'all, first date is a makeshift picnic around the corner from the office you work at.
Speaker 1: He bought all the food.
Speaker 6: Then when he got there, he looked like his profile picture, but it was the first impression wasn't good because he was slouchy and sweaty. Well, the man was hustling trying to get all the food together ready for the date so it wouldn't be late. Now he smelled like grease and mothballs. He been in the kitchen cooking.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 6: Everything we ate was fried. He called it his southern soul food fed. I knew exactly what he had. Hush puppies, hot water corn bread, fried chicken, oakra bitch, fried fried corn. Serving it up, he had them fried mushroom puffs. They was fried too. I enjoyed myself, but you said it was a total mess, And I told him I couldn't eat that much greasy food. See that's why you fifty one, ain't never been married.
Speaker 4: Because you bugy, because you can't eat greasy food.
Speaker 6: Now you should have been Now, your fluffy ass don't eat fried chicken? Really okay, really it was your fluffy ass don't want no damn fried okra really? Now she say, what he smelled like grease and mothballs and everything we ate with fried? I told him he smelled like fried chicken. He took it as a compliment. Hell, yeah, you smell like fried chicken. I know that's right, Thank you so much, Thank you, baby. I friedayed myself.
Speaker 1: K't you tell I did this for you?
Speaker 6: And then she said, I can only assume he has a problem with flying insects at his house because his jeans and his jacket smell a lot like mothballs. Okay, all right, he smelled off on our other dates too. Oh so you have kept going out with it. He must not have a vent over his stove or he might not know how to use it, okay, lady. And then out of nowhere here comes the statement that threw me. I think he has great potential, and I don't want to dump him just because he smelled like a short ordericle. What where did this come from. What potential you talking about? Cause the whole letter you've been dogging him.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but so I think on those other dates you must have enjoyed his conversation, maybe the way he treated you. But now you so now you think that's some potential land. You don't want to dumb him just because he smelled like a short order cook all the time. Is that way to tell him about himself? Or well it hurt you know already told him man, he smelled like.
Speaker 4: Fried chicken, but he took it as a compliment.
Speaker 6: So but you want to hurt him, So why don't you just go on and say, like, hey, you smell like fried chicken, and but you stink like mouthballs? What is going on at your house? Do you have for insects in your house? Loss and stuff? Because all your clothes smell like I can't think that he fifty nine.
Speaker 1: He's invited me to his house, but I don't want to smell like him.
Speaker 6: What do I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, lady, break up with him.
Speaker 6: You ain't got nobody, You ain't never had nobody, and you ain't finna get nobody because you want somebody perfect.
Speaker 1: This man is old.
Speaker 6: You can go in there, straighten out that mouthball smell. You can straighten that out. That ain't nothing. He probably need a woman's touching. Come in there and show him something. Anyway, he probably packed up all his stuff with their mouthballs after that divorce. His ex wife put all his stuff in the mouth ball to make him smell that way. He just unpacking it. He too old and stupid to know. You could go in there and really straighten this man out, and you might have something. But now you don't want to go over his house because I don't want to smell like him when you come home.
Speaker 1: You can't shower, you can't send your clothes to the cleaners.
Speaker 6: How about you go over there and say, hey, you know what, I've noticed this smell of mothballs, and now I see why. You know what you ought to do. They got this new detergent out call for breeze. Let me wash your clothes in for breeze, and then use these little tielets when you throw them in the dry and you can get rid of that smell. See that's how you tell a man without hurting his pride. See, instead of telling a person the problem, why don't you tell him the problem with the solution, then he ain't hurt. He might see a kindness in you that no other man has ever seen before. Because you ain't been married and you fifty one, ain't nobody wanted you up until now? Uh uh oh wow, no, no, ain't no, uh uh that could be her choice? Wow what you mean that could have been her choice? Okay, watch you on the dating site?
Speaker 4: Well now yeah, yeah you want some, but now.
Speaker 6: You half a hundred and now you're and and and now your selection pool has dwindled. You ain't o in the ocean no more you picking the PU. Now what you need to do is take this fifty nine year old man to smell like fried chicken and moball and fix him up, all right, because I got news for y'all. It's something wrong with her.
Speaker 4: To leave your comments on today's.
Speaker 1: Don't Eat Fried Chicken.
Speaker 7: That's why you ain't gotten on Instagram and Steve Harvey f M and check us out on the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app, where free never.
Speaker 4: Sounded so good. Coming up next to its Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening Hard Morning show.
Speaker 7: It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk, which you got junior Shirley.
Speaker 10: Congratulations at the university. You come back to back titles. They'd be produced seventy five to sixty. Did anybody even care about your game?
Speaker 3: This was.
Speaker 10: I turned championship games, the men's the championship game.
Speaker 4: Did you you didn't get to see it on?
Speaker 1: You missed it?
Speaker 3: Where was you.
Speaker 1: At work? And nobody told you?
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 1: Nobody time to the game? Come on? You were crazy dog nine o'clock at six o'clock. I was at work. Yeah, missed it work?
Speaker 10: You didn't miss much, big dog, you didn't miss nothing.
Speaker 4: Mad Boiler Alert one.
Speaker 1: I just told you won the game. You you didn't know where you was at I was at work. That's the last college game on the season, and you missed it.
Speaker 2: And that was Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't see nothing. I will tell you. I was at work.
Speaker 4: You worked too much? You missing everything?
Speaker 2: You saw the women?
Speaker 4: You look so I saw the.
Speaker 1: Women's I ain't see the women was for the women's game? That was wasn't that Sunday?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I asked my son, I say, hey, man, show me how to put this game on my phone because I'm gonna be out Sunday. He said, cool, Dad, and he didn't do it the women's and I got home the game was over.
Speaker 1: Dawn day were crying.
Speaker 10: World champions They hell and here's the crazy part, calling Shirley the women's the women's numbers for that game, I did the men's.
Speaker 1: That was how big the women's game was versus the men.
Speaker 10: Twenty four million women people watched the Women's championship versus the men, which was only about year seventeen hours.
Speaker 1: A damn about put due in Connecticut.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know nobody live it either. One I did. I don't know per due. Do you know how much stuff?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 10: Like Tom said, we turned the game. I watched bass fishing. I bought that little hole.
Speaker 1: That water holes that shrink.
Speaker 3: I got that. I ordered that.
Speaker 10: I saw the infomercial for that, the water holes that shrink up real fast. Yeah, I ordered Dad doing the game. I saw the eye roll bot that sweep the house without even I got that. I got Men's now men's man the championship game.
Speaker 1: Got everything I need for the house.
Speaker 4: You miss not big fast?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up?
Speaker 7: Thank you you and you're coming up at the top of the hour. Pixt your face, Steve Ah wants to know why her husband won't pay off a lady he slept with won't get back into it.
Speaker 4: Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 2: Morning show.
Speaker 4: This is from Steve. This is from Shaquila and Murphysboro.
Speaker 7: She says, last month, my husband had sex with one of our employees inside the stock room. Okay, if that's not shocking enough, well the employee is trying to extort money from us. So we are lucky that the whole sexual encounter was called on video. I took the video to the police station and the employee was given a stern warning by police. Now she's threatening to post the video on social media. I'm willing to give her a little hush money to go away, but my husband said, let her do whatever she's.
Speaker 1: Going to do.
Speaker 9: Has he no shame?
Speaker 4: How can he not consider my feelings in this?
Speaker 6: Now, see husband up in their stock room letting me go. Yeah, your that's why he said, you can put this this like advertised gold. So I head off on the top of that bucket, the fucket, but see the good one. But see here's the deal, because you're not making a stink of it. He not fit to pay nothing because the only person.
Speaker 1: He really concerned with is you really?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: That's the only one.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Listen to me, if you could get away with this and your girl standing in your corner, what you got to pay off?
Speaker 1: So she don't do what? Put it on social media? And because the wife already knows right, I'm not brushing my marriage and this ain't gonna hurt my business.
Speaker 7: But she doesn't want everyone else to know that her husband was cheating on her. She's humiliating for her. Yeah, we need to see the video we got we need to do I don't Yeah, we mean, why what is your for watching everything?
Speaker 1: We need to just see what we're talking about. I mean we're talking about, but we ain't seen it. That's in d see it. Listen to me the picture. Let me see exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You know, he's in the movie, Steve. He's an actor, you know he is.
Speaker 6: I don't want to see nobody doing nothing. I don't care nothing about none of that. Steal a photo or something. We're talking about sending me to steal a photo, but a video or somebody doing something.
Speaker 3: And this is what that.
Speaker 4: One more time, Tommy, what let's see it so we can discuss it.
Speaker 1: Further. Good God, Steve, it's like a body cam. You got to see it.
Speaker 7: We need to see what happened, you know, like the police, you can make an intelligent assessment of what really.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I think though, this husband has gotten away with almost like murder here.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, murderer, but.
Speaker 7: I mean seriously, you know, yeah, in the in the in the stock room with an employee on tape, and your wife is with you.
Speaker 1: She's seen the video hard sure that his wife is standing behind him. And he's got a good catch. He got a good catch.
Speaker 4: A man terrible, He's terrible. The husband is terrible. He's horrible. Yeah, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Don't put the video out. I ain't worried. What what about your wife?
Speaker 4: Like she said, had how can he not consider my feelings in this?
Speaker 1: Steve? Really I understand what she said. Yeah, but didn't y'all just say he's horrible?
Speaker 3: Yes he is?
Speaker 6: Okay, what what what you want to all of a sudden be great boom, No, listen to me, No, he didn't been with this employee in this uh closet, stock room, stock room? You hate that about it? Yes, and now you want him to do something righteous, yes, never right, to.
Speaker 4: Do what's right. Yeah, maybe try to make it up to his wife.
Speaker 1: You know, you know how many times it's too late to do something right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know where y'all be getting these saying from without thinking them through. It's never too late to do right. It's way too damn late.
Speaker 7: She's still with him.
Speaker 4: She's still with him, I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you right now, usually standing in front of the judge. Really too late.
Speaker 7: Now, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 2: Let me see the tape you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Here's a quick fashion tidbit for the men. Steve, you'll you'll want to hear this.
Speaker 7: Male handbags are having a moment with many celebrity sporting designer bags and toads now. According to Vogue, business sales for men's designer bags have jumped considerably in the past years. The reason is convenience, all right, simple as that convenience. So, Steve, this is nothing new for you. We know that you've been rocking designer bag for years, whether it's a crossbody, a backpack, a double bag.
Speaker 2: So what is that like for you?
Speaker 4: I mean, is it convenient? Do you feel it?
Speaker 1: Or is it a carrying my stuff?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like a woman.
Speaker 6: I got two phones, you know, I've been rocking back. I bought some nice ones too. I bought a cold another day. Uh huh.
Speaker 1: My wife bought me another travel bag. You know. Yeah, I've been on the junior. He don't do that right now here. No, I'm looking at you crazy, like what I can't. I can't open my wallet in my hand, and my wife open hushed too. We can't both have pocket books.
Speaker 4: But it's a masculine. You can wear it in a masculine way.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 3: I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't got it.
Speaker 4: You haven't got You're not there yet, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got many backpackers.
Speaker 11: I got you.
Speaker 1: Every every medicine that's on my nice stand is in that bag.
Speaker 4: It has to stay with me.
Speaker 6: I got to have that bag now. I do believe there's an age limit for backpacks. By his old asses?
Speaker 1: At it?
Speaker 4: And what should it carry?
Speaker 3: I got it?
Speaker 11: I got red bottle backpack man. I got a field.
Speaker 4: Coming up with thirty three minutes after let's play around it.
Speaker 7: Would you rather right after this you're listening hard Morning show, It's time now for a round, And would you rather would you rather one point three billion annuity payments or six hundred and twenty one million cash options?
Speaker 8: Are that work?
Speaker 1: I don't know about that.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a twenty year period. They'll pay you out. So let's do some numbers. All right, let's just do a little bit riplet it. If you got a billion dollars over ten years, that's one hundred million a year. Break that down by twelve months. You're looking at one hundred million a year. Break that down by ten that's ten million a month.
Speaker 1: Uh eight about eight nine.
Speaker 6: Eight something a month? Eight milli a month. I guess I could do that eight million a month again and stretch it on our one hundred million on your Yeah, give me that six.
Speaker 4: What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Five million?
Speaker 6: Move on, y'all can have that other five hundred million on top of mine and work it on out, all right?
Speaker 7: Would you rather ride the tallest roller coaster or would you rather slide down the curvious water slide?
Speaker 4: Which one roller coaster water slide?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take that slide really, yeah, slide yeah, but slide into what water?
Speaker 1: Give me a roller coast? I chant my mind. I can't be more. I'm in that roller coast. I need another pair of pan I can't stand roller coaster.
Speaker 6: But man, slide down and slide the longest, slipperiest curveer and then shoot my ass in that water.
Speaker 4: And it's cold. Don't forget that the I ain't.
Speaker 1: Worried about that, damn that.
Speaker 6: It's the going down that's gonna create a lot of trouble and then it shoot you in the air. Then when I land in that water, I got a whole nother situation. Ain't nobody said nothing about how deep.
Speaker 1: The water is?
Speaker 4: All right, So you're gonna take the roller coaster there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I hate it, but I all right.
Speaker 7: Would you rather have small feet and long toes or would you rather have big hands and short fingers?
Speaker 1: Well answer, I'm gonna go with big hands and short Did you got that?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know why both of them look straight flicked?
Speaker 3: But go ahead?
Speaker 1: Which one you got?
Speaker 3: I got?
Speaker 4: I got the same thing, hand, short fingers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what's the other one? And what's the other option?
Speaker 4: The other one is small feet, long toes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, both look, okay, wish one.
Speaker 11: We gotta go on.
Speaker 6: I don't know what to tell you, but I ain't got no I take the I take, I take the big hands with the little shelf.
Speaker 1: That's the same thing.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you. That's today's rounded.
Speaker 7: Would you rather coming up next our last break of the day, and we'll close out the show with.
Speaker 4: The one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening Morning show?
Speaker 7: All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Wednesday. It's been a good day, Steve.
Speaker 4: Any parting words.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: Closing.
Speaker 6: My closing remarks today is based off a lesson that Judge Greg Math has taught me back in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 6: Hm, you know, somewhere in that he was at an incident that I was at that happened to me, and immediately following the incident, I was gonna enact my own form of judgment. In other words, I was gonna take matters into my own hands. Judge Math has grabbed me and pulled me to the side, and he taught me a lesson that I've never forgot.
Speaker 1: He said, Brother, listen to me.
Speaker 6: I understand how you feel, he said, But you can't be big and small at the same time. That lesson, that judge math has taught me that day has kept me through a lot of times. You can't be big and small at the last time, at the same time, if you wondered what it was, here's the deal. Have you ever had to make a decision that required you to take the high road? Have you ever had to make a decision that had to make you elevate yourself against the opposition? And as uncomfortable as that is, as unfair as that might seem, as unjustified as this oftentimes is, that's just the road you have to take.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: I know it would seem easy to get out on they level and handle it, but then what are we really talking about? What's the real benefit there? And so many times in your life you're going to have to be the bigger person.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: I heard somebody saying one time, if you always got to be the bigger person, you got to.
Speaker 1: Stop hanging around all these small people. That's a true statement too.
Speaker 6: But I've decided many times in my life to be the bigger person because it sets an example, it teaches a lesson. See once you take vengeance out of the equation. Once you take that I got to get even with you out the equation, it actually freeze you up. Because, Man, I can't tell you the energy I used to spind figuring out how I was gonna get back at somebody. I can't tell you the energy I have spent in my life. When I see them, I most showed them. Do you know, man, that I looked for a dude one time for eleven years, eleven years, I looked for a dude who had wronged me. Eleven years I looked for him. I'm talking about every store I went in. Ahmen, your man, your boy just left out. I run out the door, try to jump in the car back. Hey man, your man was just at the club. Man, he just left.
Speaker 1: Man, you ain't see your dude. He was over here.
Speaker 6: Nobody knew that I had it in for this guy as spent. Excuse me, I don't mean say Levins. I spent seven years, seven years looking for this guy.
Speaker 1: Do you know what happened? My mama died.
Speaker 6: And he sent to my mama's funeral, the biggest bouquet at the funeral, and he said, hey man, sorry for your loss. Do you know at that moment what he had done to me seven years ago did not even matter to me, because the best person I ever knew in my life was laying in a box up there, and I was saying goodbye to her, and all of a sudden the real perspective of things crashed in on me. Man, you been looking for this dude. Man, this dude don't even know you been looking for him. You just spent all this energy looking for him. He really don't think what he did to you was all that was wrong. And now he just sent to your mama's funeral the biggest bouquet there. Hey, man, sorry for your loss. That's the day I let it go. And I can't tell you. I could probably give you example of example of how I've wasted my energy trying to seek revenge or trying to get back at somebody. What a waste of time, Steve Harvey, What a waste of energy. And as I've gotten older, my number my mama died twenty seven years ago, so I've grown from that. I stopped chasing people, I stop harboring against people. I started being the bigger man now. In two thousand and nine, I had a setback, and I was going to enact my own form of revenge and judge me one night, until Judge Matthews pulled me to the side and reminded me, you can't be big and small at the same time. See, when you're on a mission somewhere, y'all, you got to be aware of the distractions. The devil is smart. He's sending stuff your way to keep you off course. He know how to get to you, and he got impstats working for him. Twenty four to seven. That's on call. Well, he will put in your path just to distract you. Don't get distracted. Stay on the wall, keep climbing that corporate ladder, keep following your dream, keep chasing all the possibilities, Keep living a life filled with hope and anticipation. Don't get caught up in these small minded people are trying to slow you down and cause a distraction because they ain't going nowhere. They don't want you to go nowhere either. Well, I got news for you. I'm going somewhere. I'm on my way somewhere. God has a plan for me. I'm living in my purpose. I'm waking up every day on a mission to do something greater. Towards my ending goal, and you ain't got nothing to do with that. I'm not gonna allow you to bring me down, not for a moment. I'm not gonna take none of my light and shining on you to address something you said about me. You a hater man, That's all you are. You just a hater. And the sad truth about it is nothing you said. Change is anything God has for us, what God got for you, y'all understand as no man can stop it, block it, or bring about his demise. But what they need to be careful is they might be bringing about their own Keep living your life. You can't be big and small at the same time, y'all keep your head about that. Hey, listen to me, y'all talk to God today. He would absolutely love to hear from you. And it don't matter if it's been a while. I think I'm gonna do just that too, all right, y'all have a goal.
Speaker 7: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show,