Speaker 1: So, Kevin, before we jump into today, I want to talk about an upcoming benefit concert that I am producing, that I am involved in and that I roped you into as well. So this is Gennamural and Friends a Night of Song, and this is benefiting Harvest Home, which is an organization in LA that provides support for unhoused pregnant women. It's truly an incredible organization. The people running in are so amazing and I've met many of the women in the house who are there now. We've just throw a baby shower for them, and it is truly remarkable how amazing these women are. And you know, just with a little bit of support and help, like how they can thrive. So I'm so thrilled that we are doing this event. It's called Genermural and Friends and Night a Song. It's going to feature pop and Broadway songs performed by all of our wonderful friends who can sing their little faces off, including you.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. You know, we got some good friends who are willing to do good things. I feel honored to have been asked in a part of this group. You have people like Jesse Tyler, Ferguson, Shyanne Jackson, Are you kidding me? Rachel Vaig Jones, myself, Austin Mackenzie, Ty Taylor, Tracy Tom's, Carly Thomas Smith, and Kim Dawson.
Speaker 1: And it's produced by our dear friend Seth Radetski. He's incredible and his partner, James Wesley Jackson, who is producing it from New York. He's putting it all together for us. He graciously was I asked him and I was like, you know, you don't have to say us, and he's like yes, So he's flying himself out for this and yeah, and you and I are singing a song together lots of there's going to be lots of bops. It's going to be an awesome night. And it's also going to be amazing because we're raising money for the you know, Harvest Home, so that's the most important thing. So it's April twenty first at the Eli and Edith Road Stage in Santa Monica. Tickets are on sales, so go to Harvest Home La dot org Slash Benefit Concert to get your tickets.
Speaker 2: Now. Come see us on April twenty first in Santa Monica. And that's what you really missed with Jenna and Kevin An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to That's What You Really Miss Podcast. This we have a recurring returning guest, the very very Accomplished Now Mike's.
Speaker 2: Mike, famously Mike's Mike, and he gave us some things to look out for in season three, and through this conversation, he's now given us a new list of things to look out for season four. So we go over all of that. We guckle up. What a man. He shows up with notes so prepared. I love it. Okay, here is YouTube Sensation, Cultural Maven, Taste Maker, Mike's Mike.
Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome, Welcome, hello season three. So we talked to you before we went through three. You said, look out, you warned us, you told us, you spoke the truth, and we listened. It is truly so good. It is arguably one of the best. I think the issue that we have with it is we are emotionally tied to those earlier seasons in a different way, so it's hard for us to say, like, oh, this is our favorite, but I think I think for sure it beats season two for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, even like going through my notes again about season three, I'm like, damn, they did the big one, like it's so.
Speaker 2: Good it is I think, and I think you're the voice of the people. Well we have now come to you knew that. And congratulations on the million people who subscribed. Yes, thank you, thank you. Actually had a slash of my one million brownie for breakfast this morning because my friend got a brownie delivered with my face on. It was fun. What part of your face did you eat?
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's actually from this is such like a crazy sentence. It's from my New York magazine shoot.
Speaker 2: The photo.
Speaker 3: It's the part of the picture where my face is going into the TV.
Speaker 2: We ate my face. That was awesome. That was a great photo shoot. Like, hello, excellent, so crazy it happened. I know we're talking about Glee, but hold on because I feel like, even since last time we saw you, which wasn't that long ago, you are just everywhere anything, You're doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm literally just doing anything and doing it all, which in itself that feels very Glee.
Speaker 2: Yes, certainly that it does. How do you feel like reaching a million subscribers? What does that feel like? Crazy milestone for me? Because when I started, I was like, oh, absolutely, no way I would get that far. And also I feel like, especially in Australia, there's not that many YouTubers, so it's just like wild to me considering most of the people that watched me aren't like in Australia that in the US UK, so I can't tangibly see these people. When it hits a million, I'm like, wait a second, that's a lot of people like who and where where are you guys show yourselves? But many people that live in Australia, right right, I mean just times that by like thirty two. But yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's.
Speaker 2: About It's fine. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So while we were watching again, sorry, congrats on the million, I was like, just back to us now, absolute, let's get back to it. No, but uh, I want to talk about the Trouble Tones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to know when the episodes were coming out, would they see the audience response to the Trouble Tones, because I'm trying to think, like what year was season three? Season three was like twenty eleven, twelve, Yeah, yeah, so the girls were on Tumblr, the girls were on Twitter, so surely like the show people were saying that everyone loves the Trouble Tones.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why, like, where is the spin off. Where was it? I feel like they were very underappreciated.
Speaker 1: Now we love them and we loved watching them, but I don't feel like it got the breath of no that it should have gotten.
Speaker 2: Because I think we also would have heard more people talking about it on set, and if it.
Speaker 1: Really had taken I feel like the writers would have also listened, because they tend to do that, right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I think the things they were focusing on were the Brittany Santana storyline, right, which was wrapped up within that, and then just the chart success of some of their songs. I feel like it was an overall a Glee thing instead of a trouble Tones thing, right, which I feel like, yeah, missed an awesome opportunity because really, MVP of the things I've learned from Glee season three is just more trouble Tones. Yeah, agreed, get dissolved into new directions, which I also appreciate, but like it should have stood on its own absolutely. I mean, they should have won.
Speaker 3: Was a sectional store regionals where it's like they'll compete against each other, right, trouble Tones didn't win.
Speaker 2: How is that possible? Regional regionals?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But also that kind of what you're saying before. That's how I feel about as well, where there's so much happening in the season that they couldn't really spend too much time focusing on it. But it's like it's not like they were doing wasteful storyline season four, but there's just so much good stuff happening that it's like it sucks there wasn't more Trouble but I get it at the same time, right happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I it also feels like the fandom of a girl groups could have been harnessed in such a way. Oh god, yeah, it just wasn't you know, it wasn't it.
Speaker 3: I Mean one of my notes from season four is to look out for the Spice Girls cover that they do. But I'm like, the Troubleton should have done that. Yeah, totally, totally. Yeah, Like give me a Little Mix Wings. I don't know if that was around twenty eleven, but I would.
Speaker 2: Have think it was. I don't think it was yet it was close, though it might have been. It was close.
Speaker 3: I just love Little MiGs so like any Little Mix song, I would have died.
Speaker 2: The Little Mix was is the best girl group in the world, Like Current so good, like so you guys are coming back. Yeah, yeah, they have to have to.
Speaker 3: You said you're coming back, and I'm getting one direction flashback for like, we will be back and it's been ten years.
Speaker 2: I feel like they're more coordinated in one direction right there. Give them, they're giving them their singles, albums, whatever. And then because trust the girl groups more than the boy groups, like looking at look at Disney's Child and Beyonce, she brings them back. So true. What's everyone's favorite girl group? Oh? All time? Yeah? On the Spot?
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh.
Speaker 2: God, it's really hard. This is really hard. I can do mine. Nice to start us off, Spice Skills and Red Velvet.
Speaker 1: Wow, I say, Spice Cirls is the top that came to mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just love the Spice Skills media.
Speaker 2: The girl groups, they were girls, right, they were the girls? Yeah. I mean they owned an entire like two year period. Yes, they did, like the world. It was just the Spice Crowls. They have a movie, think so good.
Speaker 1: I was, you know, when we do the Spice Girls on Glee. I was supposed to play Ginger and I was very excited about it, and then they wrote it and of course I had to be scary spice, which I love scary spice, but I.
Speaker 2: Love Tina just to be like the sexy, cute one for one. You want to be the talented one.
Speaker 1: It was fair enough, fair enough, one of the talented ones the red had with the Yeah but.
Speaker 3: Kitty Becca Okay, I'm trying to remember if she was wearing the dress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, fair enough. I see what happened the boots. I think spy skulls for me as well, and maybe like TLC Guessie's child.
Speaker 1: Right of course, yeah, okay, okay. So you also said the last hand that we talked that Cell Block Tango is one of your favorites, and that was three.
Speaker 2: Kevin also said he's like that's a pop. I'm actually a little upset about it because I feel like we got jypped at the length of it. Oh yeah, the Russian verse, yes, like we need that right, Like that feels homophobic to cut out exactly exactly. Come on, let's like let's get a little oh in the like, give me the drama and the emotion. The storyline that it's used in is insane, absolutely like whatever, if we gotta do sell Walk Tanger, we gotta do it. That's right, yeah, exactly, but it needed to be eight hours long. No, exactly.
Speaker 3: I like the amount of times I think I can't remember I said this last time, but the amount of times where my friend Vanessa and I will like send each other a voice and it's just like he had a gabb like just specifically that section. And we're not even referencing cell Block Tanker from Chicago. We're referencing the Glee version.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course that's appreciated, just like Patie. It is a good one. It's really fun. Can you imagine that on tour?
Speaker 1: Oh that would have been could we could have gotten backup dancers? We did the big scrim in the back the chairs. You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: You're so fun. Nobody's like really singing on it, like you got to be fun. Oh, it's so fun. It's just like talk talking.
Speaker 3: Was there a lot of Chicago songs on Glee? Is mister cellophane from Chicago?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, mister? Okay, what else did we do on Glee? Did we do?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: We did Hot Honey Rag? But nowadays with Gwinnette and gun motion not to be confused with the car recorder, those might have been it. That might have been it. Yeah, yeah, such a good musical.
Speaker 1: So we pulled the fans on Instagram and they they spoke, and here are some of the best songs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll compare them against my top songs. Yeah yeah, and here's the list. So number five is shake it Out. Yep. So my list excellence, number four smooth Criminal. Also on my list, Excellence in Voice of the People.
Speaker 3: Cough Syrup, also on my list, I wrote, cough syrup brackets.
Speaker 2: Okay. Number two rumor has it someone like you? Absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see number one, Paradise by the dashboard Light. Okay, all right, So now we didn't know how popular Paradise was. Right with the fans, we're kind of surprised by it as well. Okay, we get it because it isn't a big episode. The circumstances are surrounding it. We're big, the characters, everything that was happening, What was yours?
Speaker 3: So I'm reading that as a contextual hit, much like that one that are in the Grande and Justin Bieber got as a number one in twenty twenty about staying Home like that would not have gone number one any other time in his goot about that song, yeah, it's a contextual hit. So to me, I'm like, contextual hit.
Speaker 2: That's turting my brain. That is brilliant. Okay, that's why we're doing subscribers.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly my top ones. There's a lot of intersection. But I've got rumor, has it someone like you survivor, I will survive? Oh oh yes with criminal cough syrup, cell block, tango, shake it out and then never can say goodbye, which is Quinn during the Michael Jackson episode. I love that cover. It's a great cover and it's like one of the three songs that she has as.
Speaker 1: A solo in It is not what I would have thought, but no, that's my mean.
Speaker 2: I love mean from the season. Yes, I love it. Yes, Okay, yeah, okay, I get that.
Speaker 3: I just I think that the Michael Jackson episode was a sleeper hit for me, like mm hmmm, I mean two of the songs are in my list, and I also remember, I feel like I remember seeing Artie singing, what's the Michael Jackson song that has Janet in it as well?
Speaker 2: Scream? Yeah, Scream with Mike Chang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love Scream. So like when I watched it, like the rewatch, I was like, wait.
Speaker 2: Glee did scream? That feels so random, like full ass video. I love a hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, but yeah in terms of like top song, like I think just in terms of how many times I've played it, it's going to be cell blocked.
Speaker 2: Tango, Oh my god. Also the Trouble Turnes Candy Man, Yes, good, they came out in Yeah, like it was curious like their budget or the Trouble Tones existed in McKinley. But no, that was universe other timeline. I mean it was Mafia of course. Yeah, but like Sugar's data, right, that was insane.
Speaker 3: That's one of my like things that I wrote down. I was like, when Sugar says that her dad isn't in the Mafia, I was. I loved them. I was like, wow, I love that. That's so funny.
Speaker 2: He he.
Speaker 3: I actually have like a bunch of like season three highlights that I was going to be like, do you agree that these were highlights?
Speaker 2: Tell us? Oh yeah, please, let's go. Well you gave us a hit list of things to look out for. Absolutely, well, so let's come there, you go, and then we'll tell you what you told us to look out for.
Speaker 3: Okay, these ones are like sort of revisionist highlights. So the top one being hurts asymmetrical half jumper.
Speaker 2: Did you see that? Can't stand you?
Speaker 3: Radily gets up and he's got like a chow like jump out. I'm like, yeah, that is a mm hmm. Yeah, that's what I was expecting in the room. It was giving like low e ba like the surf being served. Okay, next the swimming pool proposal with Ladie rolling into.
Speaker 1: The pool a thousand percent. You know that that was random So that wasn't written in in the direct.
Speaker 3: Which like that's what a true artist does on the spot, that they feel it in the moment and they just go for it.
Speaker 2: Correct. It happened because I wore them down because I was complaining all the I'm like I want to go, yeah, can I just can I just do one take? And everyone's like no, yes, and You're like, let me send it. You had one take and you took it went. Let me tell you give me an inch, take a mile, it takes one. Bomber signing sus boob no more general period. Yeah. Like I remember watching that episode and I was like, what amunity genius?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 2: What this? Yeah? Comedy timing, that's right? Like leave some for the rest of us. My god.
Speaker 3: Then I had Mercedes going viral, where the video had four hundred and eighty five views, but also four hundred and eighty five comments in playing to everyone who watched the video commented on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Engagement, Yeah, kind of engagement. That's the goal. Like that's what I'm striving that Mercedes viral videos of.
Speaker 1: My visions one million exactly, Like it's a one for one.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a Coco melon numbers. Oh yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Actually like slight side stepp of having a cocoa melon era, which is like just those ten hour videos of like out of space sounds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like I just.
Speaker 3: Put that on and I'm like, so' zen, I feel like the baby watching Cocamealon or like the dancing fruit.
Speaker 1: The dancing fruit that's funny is.
Speaker 3: A moment number one and coco melon. Yes, actually, maybe that's what I'll do today. I'll like do an edit of this jumping fruit with cell block tango. My last my last two like random highlights were the Tina swap episode of course perhaps and then the last outfit that Rachel waves of the season, which is when she arrives in New York. She's got like the red jacket on.
Speaker 1: Yes, magically looking beautiful after getting on a train weeping.
Speaker 2: Yeah she ate that, Yeah she did. It's very Mary Tyler Morris. Yes, yes, yeah, those are my specific highlights. Those are great. M I agree with all of those. Not that me too, but I do thank you. The accolidation is good. So when you spoke to you, last things you told us to look out for were Quinn's pink hare era girl through it. She went through it. She was the first quarter of this season like she was read. The pink hair was just the tip of the iceberg. We say Quinn's on a different show, like she's just in her own TV show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say if that was airing now, she would be viping absolutely.
Speaker 2: Like it's a very vape. Yeah, I hate you so much. You told us to watch for Ross Washington. I love her and like didn't have enough of her, couldn't get another to give to a child. You're going to give Beth to a grandchild like Reads of the Century, You're like sandbag boobs or whatever. I can't so good And I think maybe one of the only people who have like truly matched Jane's energy yes, like.
Speaker 3: And it's just unexpected, like you don't expect Ninny Leaks to like bring it like that.
Speaker 1: No, nobody accepted that. I think really really funny, so solid. Ryan did very solid, very funny.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he knew, but like, thank god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said Sugar would be the best new character, hands down. Obviously she gave us the trouble tones. You also said the trouble tones. Oh, your favorite episodes were Choke and Nationals, which I have to say Choke was very good, but Nationals is definitely one of my favorites for sure. Yeah, top yes, top two.
Speaker 3: I love to Choke because it felt unexpected. It was like a but because she choked and like didn't get her dream, that felt like a good payoff because like, I love it when it like sort of subverts to your expectations. Quinn gets prom queen and then she gives it to Rachel, like that kind of thing where it's like, oh, this is what the character wanted the whole time, but it's ah, they've learned something like that kind of.
Speaker 2: Stuff to lesson. To go along with what you were saying before, Michael and Props were both surprises. We knew props was fun because like Wemember, we had fun doing it. Yeah, but watching both of those episodes back, like, oh, this is good. Budget was high. On the Michael episode, that budget was very I know, and we went over But my information could be incorrect, but I do think just one of the songs, like Thriller in the SUPERWL episode, I think costs like a quarter of a million dollars for that one, So I would believe that. And now we're doing like the full Michael catalog. Yeah, I don't know that what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, iconic, but obviously so glad it happened because then I got Nevikan Sai Goodbye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously it was worth it any I mean, I don't know if you noticed, Michael, there was so many songs like packed in because obviously how do you pick that, Like dialogue was like cut off at the end of scenes just to start the song.
Speaker 2: I like, it just starts, Yeah, exactly, just give me to Michael song exactly get there. Excellent.
Speaker 1: So we've obviously we've heard you. We've we've talked about season three. We love it, we think it's excellent.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 1: You've mentioned about season four. Mm hmmm, We're okay. We're going into season four. We're a little scared. Many fans told us said season three just get ready, one of the best seasons.
Speaker 2: We're like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: And now they're like, season four not so great? Get ready, you should be scared, and I'm like, oh my god, I am scared. I have a lot of really good memories from season four, like being on set behind the scenes, but I don't truly remember the plot, right, was there anyone?
Speaker 2: Right? Is there? Right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I would say, tell us.
Speaker 3: See things from season four that I'm like, I loved that big tick, but then there's like a big cloudy question mark around everything else, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, do you have any thoughts of like specific good I have like a page full of r yes.
Speaker 3: I mean okay, So the first thing straight out the gate, like season four has excellent cameos and like special guests, so like Cassandra.
Speaker 2: July, I mean forever, like what like Santra.
Speaker 3: July, and then Sir Jisca Parka comes in Let's have a kiki, Like, yeah, let's have a.
Speaker 2: Kiki and it's turkyoking time. Oh like that absolutely?
Speaker 3: That is like one of my highlights of season four is really, because it's just like, oh, it's so ridiculous. Let alone in that gigantic loft. They're in that eighteen hundred dollars a month. I'm like, excuse me, how you like what? And not to mention they have no rental history and they just get off the first go realism. But then that apartment has like the blinds that are different cities around York in England? Do you remember that when you see how they decorate the apartment, But it's like specifically I think maybe Pas like episode thirteen fourteen, when Blaine's there, there's like a scene where here in the kitchen and they have this blind and on the blind has like names and I thought they were like names of like in New York. But then you have a look closely and it's all places around York in England and it's like so prominently like styled in the apartment. So I was like, Okay, does one of them love England? Like what's going on here? This is so random?
Speaker 2: What an interesting choice? Yeah, so keep an eye out for that. Okay, So perhaps googled New York and forgot to put a new right. Yes, let's just get into this York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, so Santra July.
Speaker 2: Next thing.
Speaker 3: This was big for me because famously Australian when Australian Dean Gaya from Australian idol as Brodie. But it was so random random. Yeah, Like it felt like an intersection of like things that should not intersect. I'm like, gleing Australia aren't in the same time, Brian, how long.
Speaker 2: Does Brody last? Do we remember? Did you last a long time?
Speaker 3: In season four? He doesn't go into season five, but I think it's like maybe at least half of season four season r okay, yeah, then yeah, A whole bunch of other characters come in blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. But my highlight from the time that they come in is when Tina says that she had to change her tattoo from Mike Chang forever to make change.
Speaker 2: Forever forget about it. So that's excellent. So what else?
Speaker 3: Okay, Rachel and Kurt together in New York. I love all those storylines. I feel like it's so fun and so correct that they got Kurt there as well. Yes, the fact that Sue can't insult Marley. I thought that was funny, like you are a beautiful girl with beautiful blue eyes, and Mary's like.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: So that was then I've got Britney's sham election, plus getting kicked off the cheers for lowering the GPA average. Finally some repercussions. She famously got the zero point series g p A at the end of season three, which caused her to stay down a year, which meant she was allowed to be in the school cohort for season four. So let's celebrate that.
Speaker 2: No truly, thank goodness series cousin Kiki, do we have do you remember? Vaguely? Vaguely yes, Brittany.
Speaker 3: Gets she finds like a random phone at like the laundromat, Yeah, and it has like a rip up version of Siri called Kiki.
Speaker 2: And she's like.
Speaker 3: Running around school with Kiki and she's got this gigantic coffee and she's like, Kiki, what sizes my coffee? She's like, it's a Setanta. Like I'm telling you, season four just doing anything, absolutely anything.
Speaker 2: They were like, just go for it, just go for it. Yeah, we have twenty two episodes. Just please anything.
Speaker 1: Like as the new cast came in to me, watching new cast is sometimes hard to attach to, like say by the Bell and all these you know, new classes. How did you feel when you were watching a new class come in.
Speaker 2: The way I felt about it was let's get me back to New York. Anytime the young I was like, can I see what Tene is doing? Please? Like anytime they come on screen, I'm like, let's get back to the old crew.
Speaker 3: Like I obviously get why they did it, and I feel bad that, like everyone hated the new characters, but at the same time, it's like, h you could have made them more likable, Like nothing about them really stood out. Like I feel like with the original set of characters, you were like, Okay, these people all kind of suck, but at the end of the day, they're all like either funny or the nice people in some capacity, or they have good storylines and arcs. But in season four, you just like there's these four characters and you're like, oh, Pitty is like the worst person in the world.
Speaker 2: Then you have like.
Speaker 3: The I don't even remember the bowl Cut's name, the bowl Cut, and then the other one, who's Thee, the cousin of Puck. I'm like, cool, as if I care to know his cousin completely forgot.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, he gets the tattoos. He has the tattoo, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then and then Marley comes in and like I liked Marley, but I'm like, what is your tea? What's the tea on Marley? She's just nice. Like my favorite thing about Marlee is when Sue gives her and her mom some presents for Christmas, and the mom visits Sue and says, thanks for what you did for Marley and me, and Sue says, I'm not you're talking about. I had nothing to do with making up that movie so stupid.
Speaker 2: It was Marley not well off? Was she was? She poor? She was poor?
Speaker 3: She was in my video. I remember I called her poor mousey brown hair.
Speaker 4: Girl, right, I vaguely remember that. But I'm like, we did that already, Like we like Sam's character was poor, Like we did it so like.
Speaker 3: Literally, so it's like that, or like for example, Kitty her arc being like, oh my god, she's a cheerleader who is horrible, but she's going to come around. It's like I've never seen that before in this specific show. Literally literally, it's like I guess they're trying to emulate some of the best parts of season one to three by like doing them again with different characters and slightly changing it.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, you would never be quinn No with a Sui lesson for future teen Chows. Interesting, Yeah, that's the moral of the story. You would never begin.
Speaker 1: So I feel like what you're saying though, is like they're like, let's do everything under the kitchen sink for season four. But also there's really some funny moments, Like there's some far too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think because they were doing anything the really good yea, sometimes you're like, was that necessary? But then sometimes you'd be like that was so unnecessary and I'm glad you did.
Speaker 1: It rightly unnecessary, but okay, we'll take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like some of it pays off. For example, the Sara Jessica paka let's have a Kiki Turkey look you time, Like in what universe is that necessary?
Speaker 2: But like I loved it.
Speaker 1: It's wild. It's actually when I watched it, my job was on the ground wild. I was shocked, Like I don't like turkey like you time. I've never like turkey lurkey time.
Speaker 2: It's time. I hate it. I actually hate it. It's so it makes those two songs together, but then theists like type A Kiki, how has that like monologue at the start, and they included that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh yeah, yeah, I had to take the train, and I'm like, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes as well, if you had to do somehow make those into a mashup, I feel like they nailed it, yeah, because there couldn't be two more different songs exactly. Music producers are like, what is this? Come on?
Speaker 3: And I feel like getting her to do it specifically was such like a genius move as well, totally like she's such a New Yorker.
Speaker 2: Do you imagine that being her and you come on to this musical show and the song you get a musical girl though. I feel like she'd be like, yes, give me this, like she like, is she like a show tunes girl? Yeah, and she's on Broadway and she's yeah, she's I did not know that.
Speaker 3: It's myaka blind spot can tap into that order. She's like a registered artist on Spotify with her covers.
Speaker 2: I'll have to check it out. It would just be let's have a k It's she doesn't sing Turkey lucky time, that's just Rachel. That's right.
Speaker 3: So I just let's have a Kiki. I want to have a keky like locks the doors, like lock the door.
Speaker 2: I mean they do smash it. They look like they're having they do all the drag queens in there too.
Speaker 3: Oh we love that. I mean yeah, again, so random, I'm so random, Like what Okay? Then, oh, you need to watch out for this one. The breakup episode. I think it's called the Breakup.
Speaker 2: It breaks up so many people everyone.
Speaker 3: There's like literally like three breakups in the episode. I think Tumblr would have been in absolute shambles. I think they had to send like a like an emergency squad to the Tumblr server room just to make sure that like everything's not on fire, because like it would have been an absolute ship show, right, just emotionally prepare for that when the episode The Breakup comes up. Okay, then we have the piano man Brad telling Sue that he hates the Glee Club.
Speaker 2: I love that. That was like unnecessary law, but I'm like, yeah, it's perfect though, he's been long enough here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That sort of ties into I think this might have been in season three, when Sue's like yelling at Will and says that he doesn't even know the names of the kids in the band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love what the show's self aware, like that kind of thing. Very good.
Speaker 3: Then, Okay, you find out that families are living in squalor in Lord Tubbington's high rises that are not up to code. That's what I mean by like because they can say anything, right, They're just like putting absolutely anything in.
Speaker 2: So I think that was during Fondu for two. What a surprise. I've loved Fondue for two.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hated it when it was on originally. Yeah, I didn't get it. Look, I didn't get it. I was behind. I get it now. Yeah, that was my bad. I wasn't cultural enough.
Speaker 3: It's even better on rewatch. Yeah, because it's like stupid. Okay, here we go the Sue singing superbass. That's the fun one to watch out for. Which Okay, the plot line around that being Sue CON's plain into signing a contract and the only way for him to get out of the contract is to beat her in a Nicki Minaj Mariah Carey sing off.
Speaker 2: Like, were these randomly generated? These plots? It sounds like I generated gone wrong. I don't know, hmm. Chatchibut was beta testing Ungleie. I remember shooting that, Okay, I remember the performance. Oh and it was a performance excellist stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sue during a wedding episode when she's walking down the aisle to La Cromosa and she's wearing the exact same dress.
Speaker 2: That's great. That's a highlight for me.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Becky saying mind your own gay business, gay Blaine.
Speaker 2: She's not wrong, she's not wrong, Like I don't even know the context of that, her being like my job gay business gay blade. I started saying that that's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you love that. And then of course Spice Girls. And my last one is the Britney Code, which is I think maybe at the end of season four when she gets like scattered by MIT and they like get her to do a test or something and she like gets a zero. But then on the other side of the page in her like drawings, she's like done some kind of like mathematical genius thing called the Britney Code.
Speaker 2: So what is the show?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: In terms of like story arcs in season four, I feel like the New York stuff is definitely a highlight because it's like something that the audience is not used to seeing through season one, two three. How exciting yeah. But then of course, like it wouldn't be Glee without some insane like music covers and stuff. So I think in the New York stuff, we get Kurt and his new love interest. I can't remember his name. I want to say, it's like Adam or something. It's like a British guy and he sings like something about booty but it's like a like really weird cover and Kurt's like clapping.
Speaker 2: In the audience.
Speaker 3: He's like whoa, and You're like this is atrocious. So, like I I can't even warn you about what episodes to watch out for when that comes in.
Speaker 2: It could come into any second.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're just going to be it's going to be a random attack of violence on us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually his name is Adam because he's like club. His glee club is called Adam's Apples and that piece, right, he named your club after yourself.
Speaker 2: I remember Adam's Apples, very remember this, Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so just watch out. I feel like you really need to prepare mentally for that.
Speaker 2: I need to look at them.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, the McKinley stuff for season four, it's just like should write it down or like put a mark somewhere every time there's a love triangle, okay, because there's there's literally like five and it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well you've left us a lot to look forward to and to not look forward to. So we're really look forward to those things, really girding for all of this. Before we let you go, you said you were working you were going to work on Lost A Lost recap for two? How is it going?
Speaker 2: Is it going? It is going? It is going.
Speaker 3: I've actually I've nearly finished writing it. I have like, have you seen season two? Have lost either of.
Speaker 2: You when it was original?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, without spoiling too much about my video, there's a specific number in the season that's like a really important part of the season. Yes, And I'm trying to make the video exactly that link God bless. So it's like I'm like trying to write it to the second.
Speaker 2: So it's like, I'm really it's even harder than it already is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to make it exactly that while I'm scripting before I film it.
Speaker 2: I have the Diamad jumpsuit, so I got it. I'm serious. It's so serious. There's also something in the air, right now because I know so many people who are randomly just rewatching lost. Right now, that's a good one. Maybe I'll do it. It's a really good rewatch and a long time.
Speaker 1: You know, when they used to shoot on film, I have to stay back to l A and sometimes when I went through security, it would wipe the film and they'd have to reshoot it all like night shoots.
Speaker 2: Get through security. I can't film go through the X ray or something. Yeah, the film off the traveling with like a film camera yourself, like a picture camera. You can't run it through alas if you've already used the exposes it. You know, they just can't check it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, but yeah they've lost They used to some foot and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That's such a fun fact. Did we start shooting digital season four? It was three or four? So yes, I think it was four. I think you're right, So we scared. Yes, we went from film to digital. We were one of the last shows to shoot on film. Yes, then at that time we were one of like two that were still on that. We're on film, right, Okay, that makes so much sense, and I think pay attention to how the lighting is.
Speaker 1: Just look, we did you make up like a more a more intense makeup to cover all of our digital blemishes.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, as it picks up a lot more so you just see everything. Oh they aren't teens, yeah, exactly. Look at those wrinkles.
Speaker 3: Stop when I say, like a teen show now and they're like twenty five, thirty thirty, Come on, like there is no bar anymore. It's just like he could be forty and play like a twelve year old? Are bringing this crossed?
Speaker 1: Dare me my, daremy? Thank you so much for coming on again joining us. Congratulations on all of your wild success. We're really happy for you. You're in well deserved. Good luck with the loss to to the minute, I'll be waiting, We'll be waiting.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me back on Loves Run my Mouth. I hope you can come back when we finish season four to do this all over again, like I would love to, like just see your mental state after.
Speaker 1: Season fo Yeah, and then we listened to this before.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I feel like this is also a good check in on like what's happening with you because you're faith taking over the world exactly famously just doing anything. Yeah, I'm doing it well. Start doing that. So true. So good to see you you too, Thank you so much, Thank you Mike.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well this got me really excited, and I'm excited for season before.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely more excited. Oh good, Okay, I'm glad because he tuned me into like what we're getting ourselves into. Yeah, the insanity. So if I know, my expectations are to expect, prepare yourself. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we'll see and then we'll return after season four and see how we're doing. I will have Mike on again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, like what episodes. I think I get seasons four and five jumbled, Yes, yeah, so I don't know what's what, and so I'm I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lot more than we think, like we're getting it's all up until graduation, right, So there's a lot of like the our duel for class president, I think is this season right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The school shooting, oh, shooting stars soon, there's the blackout episode, the one to go Out.
Speaker 1: With Paris that he directed, right, Yeah, there's quite a bit, and we've got competitions, so there's a.
Speaker 2: Bunch and all the new kids that we love. Of course, we love all right well buckle love you guys. We're headed to the road to season four and that's a wrap on season three. Thank you for joining us, Thanks for being with us. See you on the other side for season four and that's what you really missed. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.