Speaker 1: Out of the three of you, who do you think spends the most time in the kitchen?
Speaker 2: Not me?
Speaker 1: I know you're probably thinking it's a Brook and it's not because she's a woman. No, it's because the other two are you know, younger gen Z types, and you know they have lives.
Speaker 2: So you know, I don't actually disagree with any of that.
Speaker 3: Very happy it's true.
Speaker 1: But look, I know Alexis spent twenty minutes in the kitchen yesterday trying to figure out the microwave.
Speaker 3: It counts as time spent.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 4: Vegetables.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say she didn't know what a can opener was.
Speaker 1: That's that's Tomorrow's not a man electric with her. Jose has been doing more things in the kitchen too lately now that he's in his new apartment.
Speaker 4: I actually literally cooked it rise and I steam veggies. The other day I cooked chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still doesn't know what a spatuel is. But you know what this is what we're doing.
Speaker 4: It's a flat fork, right, We're getting there.
Speaker 3: We're getting there anyway.
Speaker 1: The reason that I bring up all this kitchen stuff is because I recently stumbled onto a list of food hacks that are going to change people's lives forever.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love these.
Speaker 1: I really think someone in this room is going to be blown away by at least one of these ideas.
Speaker 3: So we'll see Kitchen hack number one.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, we've all talked about avocados going bad too quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a huge They turn brown.
Speaker 4: The time you go home from the store.
Speaker 2: Well, I usually put them in the fridge once they're ripe.
Speaker 1: Scientists just figured out something even better. If you put your avocado in the fridge with an onion touching it, Oh, it'll stay even fresher.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: It's huge.
Speaker 2: It's like you don't want your fruit on your counter to touch your bananas. Really, bananas will ripen stuff super quickly. I put my avocados next to my bananas. Yeah, that's why they're going.
Speaker 1: Just make sure that that onion asks for consent before it touches the We need to.
Speaker 2: Video this so we can go viral on TikTok.
Speaker 3: The kitchen hack number two.
Speaker 1: How many times would you say the general public has pasta for dinner every week?
Speaker 3: That's a pasta. Background is the shape of pasta.
Speaker 4: But you know she's eating it, right, now she's like, what was that?
Speaker 1: Did you know that if you put a baking rack on top of the boiling pot all the pasta's cooking. You can pile veggies on the rack. You put a lid over it, and the water from the pasta steams all the vegetables.
Speaker 3: What smart boom veggie hack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the steam from the pasta is also boiling the veggie. Yeah, is blown time?
Speaker 3: Aren't you? Guys? Glad that I came across this list.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: We're going over some kitchen hacks that are going to change your cooking game forever. Number three, This one's really good. Another big family favorite, of course is tacos every week. Oh yeah, usually we're having tacos two, three, five times a week. And instead of using a bunch of different bowls to put all the toppings in, you know, like one bowl for lettuce and one bowl for tomatoes and one for shredded cheese.
Speaker 2: Does have a lot of Yeah, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: I just pile it all on the cutting board.
Speaker 3: It's just a.
Speaker 1: Big sloppy mess on the table pretty much, okay, I mean, unless we're having like company over, I'm not making that look, well, there is actually a way to organize it, so it's okay, and do as many dishes. Use a muffin tin for each one of the taco topics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so smart sour cream and onions over there.
Speaker 1: That way, at the end of everything, you just have one dish to wash.
Speaker 2: Like that. My girlfriend uses that for kid snacks, like to separate kids snacks instead of a bunch of little things.
Speaker 3: Well, she's doing it wrong. She needs to use it for tacos and tacos home. I'll tell her kitchen hack number four.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you guys sat down with a big pint of ice cream?
Speaker 3: I just looked at her watch. Isn't that recent?
Speaker 2: Set me a picture last night after I went to bed of just the empty gallon of ice cream thing in there, and he said, don't judge me. Is the old I'm like, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't even get any not diabetic, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: He's so frustrated.
Speaker 1: I was concerned about him emotionally. Usually when people go through something like that, it's like they're going through something traumatic and what happened.
Speaker 4: He was also crying and like text, yeah, but you're so skinny.
Speaker 2: It happens once a week.
Speaker 1: So if you're a big ice cream eater like Brooks husband, if you want to keep your ice cream cold as you're eating it, a hack is to use a koozy around the pint so.
Speaker 3: Your your hands don't warm up and melt the ice cream inside it. Else, keep your hands from being really cold.
Speaker 4: And Jerry's pine.
Speaker 2: So now, could I add an ice cream hack that has changed my life? Please do store it upside down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We already talked about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did it.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. You were just trying to take credit for.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: We talk about it like a week ago.
Speaker 4: Also, all vocados and onions.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna write that one down. Thanks for that.
Speaker 1: Finally, kitchen hack number five, This one's a mind blower for me. The problem after you make great cookies is they don't stay soft long enough. I like crispy, you like you like a nice, dry cookie cross Well, so I guess this one doesn't apply to you. But if you actually like soft, moist, gooey cookie, then you need to know this hack. It works with muffins and cakes and anything. You take your baked goods, pop them in an airtight container with one slice of white bread in there, and then you seal it up, and the cookies soak up the moisture from the bread so that they stay soft and chewy.
Speaker 3: It trains the life out of the bread.
Speaker 1: Like a marriage. Cookie game just got elevated.
Speaker 4: I don't believe this one. I have to try it.
Speaker 3: Try this.
Speaker 4: This is like blowing my mind too much where I think.
Speaker 2: Now it's a conspiracy that means you're gonna have to bake cookies. It's all. Really, I can't even care. There's so much wheat bread in my house. I'd open it up and be like, oh white bread.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you don't own any white bread anyway. I hope that up to your cooking game recently.
Speaker 4: That was really cool.
Speaker 1: I know, we should just blow out the phone tab not even do this, just more kitchen hacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're getting text in this same No, oh, you guys.
Speaker 3: Want the phone tap?
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, we'll do another phone tab all right, Phone tabs coming up next.