Speaker 1: It's a Brook and Jeffrey podcast. Hey, and don't forget you can still text in your thoughts, your feelings, your opinions to seven eight five nine two. I mean we almost always respond. Oh we read them though, Yeah, we do read them.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll read them. I can guarantee that.
Speaker 1: Okay, seven eight five nine to two, and the full show starts right now.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling kind of generous today.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 3: What if I order breakfast for everybody in the studio?
Speaker 2: Yes, why do I feel like Brooke?
Speaker 3: What do you want clam omelet with beets? Yeah, sure, we'll go all out. Alexis the usual smiley faced pancake with rainbow sprinkles? Yes? Else in Jose for you? I'm thinking a plate of twenty raw sugar cubes, brown sugar so it's healthy. Yeah, okay healthy.
Speaker 4: My diabetes is flaring up.
Speaker 3: I'll pop that order in real quick.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, that breakfast place closed.
Speaker 1: Oh it's too good to be true.
Speaker 3: I guess we were too late. W CII which clip is it?
Speaker 2: And I have my heart set on Clayos.
Speaker 4: Clams will have.
Speaker 3: To wait because we have two viral soundbites and only enough time to play one of them. Let's get right to your choices. Option one is a thirty four second clip of Kermit the Frog rickrolling all of his castmates in epic fashion, oh Man. Or Option two a twenty one second clip of a mom trying to practice keyboard when her twelve year old son interrupts to tell her the best news ever. What's it gonna be? Friends? Kermie's got pipes? Or kid gets hyped?
Speaker 2: Alexis kid gets hyped?
Speaker 1: Okay Brook, Dude, Jeffrey, no one can out do your Rick roll on us last week?
Speaker 2: Yeah gets hyped?
Speaker 5: Get h O.
Speaker 3: Guess let's listen to a clip of a mom who's trying to practice her keyboard when her twelve year old interrupts to tell her the best news ever. Beat Minecraft under Dragon.
Speaker 4: They beat a dragon. It's definitely video game.
Speaker 6: Ever.
Speaker 3: That was which clip? Is it? I'm jeff Apple lap Bottom de Bo. Let's get to your shot collar question of the day. I don't see the bucket in studio, so I'm just gonna send it over to Digital Jake to wow us with a question us. I hope you're all hungry for knowledge.
Speaker 7: AM Today is National Deep Dish pizza day.
Speaker 1: Knowledge comes in pizza.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's go.
Speaker 7: Rather than having a show pizza party where Jose and Alexis fight over the last piece of stuff crust, instead, we're going to put your necks at risk as we go around the room for an underdone hold the sausage and Unyon's one and done.
Speaker 2: Shut.
Speaker 7: I'm a professional. You'll each get a question about the world's favorite food, pizza, and if you get it right, you're safe. But if you get it wrong, you'll have to finish the rest of the show sitting at one of the tiny tables they give you in your pizza box.
Speaker 3: We'll start with Alexis.
Speaker 7: In two thousand and one, a pizza was delivered to a man named Yuri Usachov, and what made this delivery special was how far it traveled to get there. It went thousands of miles on the way to its destination. But where did this particular pizza end up?
Speaker 4: I know the answer, I'm not going to help.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's got to be a place that's like really far. Like I'm trying to think of a weird place where no one goes, and all I can think of is Jose's petroom.
Speaker 4: Bedroom.
Speaker 1: Makes sense.
Speaker 2: So it's somewhere really hard to get to.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that that's why I would make news.
Speaker 3: I guess it could be a boat that's out in the middle of the ocean.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, I don't know, maybe like a mountain. But I only know one famous mountain, and that's Mount Everest.
Speaker 2: So that's all I can say, Jake, I don't know any other.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad answer.
Speaker 7: Pizza Hut delivered a pizza to Yuriyusachov, who was a Russian astronaut on the Space station.
Speaker 6: Not at all.
Speaker 7: Brook, You're up next. Yeah, you're the closest thing to a vegetarian on this show. So this question goes to you. All right, what are the top three most popular vegetable pizza toppings in order?
Speaker 1: Gosh, okay, my initial three thoughts are mushrooms, all of green peppers.
Speaker 4: Absolutely well, I don't know. Green Pepper's not everyone loves them.
Speaker 1: But they're always on supreme pizza.
Speaker 3: They are you know, you know, in the United States, pizza is a vegetable.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: It's just a whole thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, onion is also a big one, so underrated pizza. I feel like I'm gonna go olives first. You guys all think mushrooms, okay, so.
Speaker 2: Go mushrooms, olives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, onion or green pepper.
Speaker 8: I think with your logic with the supreme, I like green pepper has an answer.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go green pepper.
Speaker 7: You said mushrooms, olive, green pepper. The order I was looking for was mushroom, yes, onion, onions ono Jose. At the Hagis Restaurant in Glasgow, Scotland, they sell a forty two hundred pound pizza Royal double seven. That's the cost, not the weight, which has caviar, twenty four carrot gold crust and what expensive delicacy as the protein.
Speaker 8: Protein expensive delicacy. So I first saw this lobster.
Speaker 1: Really see, I was taking like a wag ub for something I.
Speaker 3: Was thinking, like exotic meats.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're doing the emu.
Speaker 3: Breast but supocabra, Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: You guys, I think it has to be something that everyone knows is really expensive, right, So if you're doing caviar, would you also pair it with s cargo?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because everybody knowses cargo. I don't know fancy food, and I know that's fancy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: That's also why I think lobster, because if you're gonna have that savory fish on it, you're gonna have lobster.
Speaker 4: So I think I'm gonna stick with my original thought and go lobster, Jake.
Speaker 7: The expensive delicacy that the uses a protein on the Pizza Royale Double O seven at the Haggis Restaurant in Glasgow, Scotland is lobster.
Speaker 3: They nailed that, Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: Okay, Jeffrey, I'm gonna give you three countries and three pizza toppings, and you need to match each one to which country used it on their pies the most. Okay, your country options are Germany, Brazil, and Sweden, and your topping options are peanuts, tuna, and peas.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I don't know. These are all bad topics. Do you not want to go to Germany, Brazil or Sweden?
Speaker 1: Can I just say I'm just voting for Brazil and tuna only because I mean, the only experience I have with pizza in South America is I went to Colombia and we ordered a sausage pizza and it came out with hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, So the protein options are a little bit limited there. They just have to go with what's available.
Speaker 8: And tuna Brazil, yeah okay.
Speaker 3: And Germans like their beer and peanuts go well with beer, like it, so peanuts in Germany will go Brazil and tuna in Sweden with.
Speaker 7: Peas Germany puts tuna on their piece, pas on their pizza, puts peanuts on their pizza.
Speaker 4: Geez, all right, you guys all got it.
Speaker 3: But all right, so me Brooke an Alexis got ours wrong. We'll be shocked together while singing what makes You Beautiful by one direction?
Speaker 4: When you smile at the ground and he hides and tell.
Speaker 9: You, no, you don't know your beauty.
Speaker 3: That's your shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: If you had a sibling growing up, chances are you got into many, many arguments and fights with them. Yes, oh yeah, I mean yeah, that's just what siblings do. Whether you've tattled on them for cursing, cut off their barbie's hair, oh yeah, that one, or playfully pushed them out of a moving vehicle on the highway. She started it what I'm supposed to do well. One of our listeners had an intense sibling rivalry while growing up with his twin sister, and he decided he was going to get the ultimate revenge and humiliate her on her prom night. Oh that's it's been sixteen years since it happened, and now he's finally ready to come forward and confess the embarrassing way he ruined prom for her. Oh my gosh, we're going to do it in a brand new mass speaker coming up. You don't hear me confession, I can't take back ow arms.
Speaker 5: Speak.
Speaker 3: Texting to seventy eighty five nine to two says, my wife asked why I never go to confession at church, and I told her, if I want to wash away my sins, I just clear my browser history. I'm with you, bro, plus those pastors two judge yeah, like, oh yeah, I got it. I got an in with the big guy upstairs. Go ahead, tell me your secrets. I won't tell anybody like.
Speaker 4: You don't have to say anything back to me.
Speaker 3: Just let me talk.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: You need to be sharing your sins with somebody less respectable people with no morals, no virtues, radio people, that's us. That's what this segment is all about. Unload your dirty laundry, right, here anonymously with the mass speaker, just like one of our listeners who's chosen the fake name Sam. So Sam, welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello Sam.
Speaker 1: You that's okay. Maybe it was the voice changer or something. Yeah, how are you feeling, Sam?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, we make you feel better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully this is therapeutic for you, because the voice changer is on. You are now the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, Sam, give us your confession.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 10: So, yeah, I have a twin sister. We're best friend.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean I never thought we would be honestly if she knew what I did back in high school, which is a lot calling.
Speaker 3: So oh, okay, what happened back in high school with you and your twin sister? Now? Okay when it was coming out of my my okay.
Speaker 4: Though dirty thought?
Speaker 2: Yeah I'm sorry, Sam too?
Speaker 3: Did save us? Tell us what happened?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 10: It was like sixteen years ago, somewhere around there. She was basically the popular one in school that kind of presentor for that, I mean, everyone knew were twins, but everyone always showed her the attention.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was really frustrating, especially as a twin.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, yeah exactly. I mean she pretty much anywhere we went the spotlight. So from time come around obviously senior year, you know that's a big deal. And one goes a prom to see it last year, see all your friends that hang out.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's a huge deal in cho Oh my god, you think it's honestly the best night of your entire life.
Speaker 10: Yeah exactly, yeah, yeah, And I decided that, hey, I was gonna just completely embarrass her. You know, she's an a golden child. Oh, so I'm just gonna ruin her her senior prom.
Speaker 8: Oh, everyone goes to problems. So whatever you're about to say, everyone saw, like the whole school.
Speaker 3: Knows, right.
Speaker 10: You know. I actually wasn't going to go because she was going. So I didn't want to ruin my proms, Like nobody's gonna pay attention to me. Everyone's gonna pay attention to her.
Speaker 1: So a little petty, Yeah, I hear that, but you understand that, you admit to it.
Speaker 10: Now, right right. And so at the time, she was at home getting dressed, and I snogged in her room and I take like a string of just like a stack of condoms to her wallet inside her purse.
Speaker 3: What that's a that's a good brother looking out for his sister. Well done.
Speaker 1: So like like the condoms weren't perforated, you know, the celebrated or you know that they hadn't been like.
Speaker 11: There's like a big sleeve that are all stuck together and yea like separated them into symbol accordians of condoms. Okay, clearly it was not the prom queen.
Speaker 3: But so what happens Sam? You put you attached some condoms to her wallet?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well she was, you know, inside her first Okay, the plan was when she was gonna go in her first to pull out of wattle frame thing, whether it was like buying food at the prom, and like all these condoms would fall out and she would obviously be embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Oh god, and high school, Yeah, embarrassed.
Speaker 1: That would have I mean I would have been on the.
Speaker 4: Floor nowadays, I would do that on purpose.
Speaker 10: People.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those grown man Yeah, like.
Speaker 4: You're like eighteen, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, younger, I mean sixteen seventeen, like whatever you guys.
Speaker 3: Are at that age, but you weren't going so it's not like you were going to see it happen.
Speaker 10: Do you know what happened, right I. I. Again, I didn't go, so I wasn't there to witness or anything. But mid dance, like you know, probably around like nine thirty or ten, my mom gets a phone call. My sister's like super crying, and she told my mom she was standing to get her photo taken with her date. He went to go pay for it, and of course she pulls her all out in like all these condoms, like thirty condoms.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's in the bright light too.
Speaker 2: It's not even in the darkest photographers.
Speaker 3: There like line of people waiting to get their photos taken.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 10: She told my mom, you know, people were laughing at her. Her date was like super horrified, and so my mom had to go pick her up. And it was crazy because obviously instead of me getting in trouble because they didn't know that I did. Obviously, my sister thought her date pulled a prank on her and she got him suspended from school.
Speaker 4: Oh back to you, I did not see this.
Speaker 1: Guy, makes sense. He wasn't even at the dance. Why would you even Like it wouldn't even come to my mind. It would be you, Like, who's the.
Speaker 4: Only person that's acces to my purse, my day.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, dude.
Speaker 10: And obviously now looking back on it, I feel really bad. I mean, I've never told her this, never told anybody actually, and I just I'm afraid if I tell her now, it's going to ruin our friendship, Like she's not gonna want to be friends or even family anymore.
Speaker 1: I think maybe when you're eighty she'll find it funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe too soon.
Speaker 3: Just wait another fifty years and then he can drop it to her. But text into seven eighty five nine two. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Phone taps coming up.
Speaker 6: Next, Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: In today's phone tap, we call a guy who loves his job.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Why because he works from home nice and he tells his friends all the time about how good he's got it, how much free time and independence he has. But he just got a new supervisor he hasn't met yet. He's about to Her nickname is rip Chords. Rip Chord's got some big changes in store coming his way. In your phone tap right now, it's another tap on the twenties.
Speaker 5: Hello here, Hello, Oh.
Speaker 1: Hi, sorry, hold on a second.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: For some reason, mcconna's cheese isn't going down the disposal.
Speaker 3: Do you know how these things work?
Speaker 5: Nah? I'm really confused. I don't know who this is. Who are you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry about that. This is deb.
Speaker 1: But you could call me Ripcord.
Speaker 5: I think you got the wrong number. I don't recognize the name.
Speaker 1: No, your name is Jordan right. I was hired as your new supervisor hearing. Oh yeah, I'm just checking with everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm the new boss.
Speaker 1: Like to be friendly, you know, all right, see how people are doing?
Speaker 5: Things are going good here? I can't lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet they are.
Speaker 1: So you like working from home? Yeah, according to your chart, it looks like you've been doing it for over a year.
Speaker 5: I actually really do love working from home. It's like a worse life balance. I feel like I get my job done. It's been great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do have your pants on?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah? Why are you asking?
Speaker 1: Gotcha little Ripcord humor for you? I like to keep it light with my team.
Speaker 5: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: That's fun thanks, because.
Speaker 1: You can probably understand productivity has dipped since we have a lot of people working from home.
Speaker 5: Well that's not me. I'm getting everything done on time. Like any signance I got, I'm banging them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and else to double check that.
Speaker 1: We're starting a new program called WFHO who it's WOOFO stands for work from Home Overwatch.
Speaker 5: Work from Home Overwatch.
Speaker 1: So what that means three weeks out of the month, I'll be living with you. Huh what that's work from home Overwatch?
Speaker 3: Hold on, it's right, future roomy.
Speaker 1: We're just trying to make sure things are working smoothly and you're not over there like around when you should be working. So enter me.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't think I want to be a part of this program or no, I hear you.
Speaker 1: It's not really a choice thing though, So I'm just going to need your address so I can forward all my stuff over there.
Speaker 5: You are not allowed to do this. This is my home, my private space. I think there's a placeful work and you're crossing it.
Speaker 1: No, it says right here in my records. Listen, you got a designated office space, which is great. I'll just have my sleeping bag in there, microwave to hots and a cat.
Speaker 2: You know similar to prison.
Speaker 5: No, I think not.
Speaker 2: Have you been to prison?
Speaker 5: Why does that even matter? Like you're not We're not gonna be sell me.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I hear a lot of pushback from you, and that's not good because I'm gonna tell you there is a possibility of suspension and.
Speaker 5: Let's have a lawsuits. Man, you can't come live with me.
Speaker 6: Why are you.
Speaker 3: Throwing out all that?
Speaker 2: It's not that serious.
Speaker 1: We're only talking three weeks out of the month here.
Speaker 5: Three weeks a whole month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the key word there is almost my friend or should I say my homie, not roomy.
Speaker 5: No, listen, I know you may be my manager and all that, but I am not your homie, So you need to back away with all that.
Speaker 1: Can I just ask? Is the problem that I'm a single, attractive woman that has needs? Is that your hesitation?
Speaker 5: That's not my problem.
Speaker 2: And it won't be my problem either.
Speaker 1: If you've got good WiFi, Joe bunk tender, bring home a Rando when you're sleeping, I won't even.
Speaker 5: Notice you'se my WiFi. You can't come bring your sleeping bag to my house. Okay, nobody's coming to my space, man, nobody's coming.
Speaker 10: To work with me.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna tell you supervisors don't tend to like that type of language, but Radio House totally okay with it.
Speaker 5: Radio host.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this.
Speaker 2: Is actually a prank phone call. This is Brooke from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: No, your sister Nia set you up.
Speaker 1: She said you were telling her how much you love working from home. And there's like some new rules coming that might stop it.
Speaker 5: Oh man, oh dog, got me so good.
Speaker 1: I mean, I do bring up some valid points, though I am a single, attractive woman with needs.
Speaker 6: Wake up every morning with phone tap weekday mornings on the twenties Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: If you're a bird, I'm a bird. You had me at Hello, Okay, I don't care if your grandmother's watching us. Kiss me with tongue, you fool.
Speaker 6: That one.
Speaker 3: We've seen all these sappy lines work like a charm in cheesy rom coms. I think we need to red But they would never work on women in real life, right, or would they? Well, we decided to put it to the test once and for all by taking over Jose's dating app Yeah, and we messaged real ladies using only famous lines from classic romantic films. The question is would the girls call him out immediately or was it such a crazy, stupid idea that it actually worked and found Jose his one true love.
Speaker 1: That's the story you're gonna.
Speaker 3: How the experiment went down when we read the cheesy lines and the actual girl's responses coming up right after this, A young man's quest for love or just some random tail continues. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and it's been a while since our own Jose Belanyos has had an official girlfriend.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: And a half years, but he told us recently that with the new year upon us, he is open to the possibility of finding love.
Speaker 1: You've worked so hard on yourself, Yeah, you are ready.
Speaker 4: He's just take care of somebody.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's not going to go out and chase it down himself because the weather's been bad and he can't walk that far, amongst other reasons. Yes, but last year we kind of ran into the same issue, so we tried an experiment with him. We downloaded the dating app Hinge onto Jose's phone, put up some pictures of him recent ones, even within the last twelve years.
Speaker 4: Shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he handed his phone over to me and producer Boyd to let us do his dirty work for it. Remember how did that experience go for you? In your opinion?
Speaker 4: The first one?
Speaker 3: Right, ye, first time?
Speaker 4: Oh well, I don't have a girlfriend. I didn't end up talking to anybody because.
Speaker 3: Our main strategy at that point was to make the women laugh using vegetable puns, which actually worked.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: We have full conversations with these women using only vegetable puns, and then Jose took over from there and that's when they stopped responding to him.
Speaker 4: Together. But that's kind of true.
Speaker 3: But yeah, thing is, it's a new year, so we came up with a brand new strategy. Okay, vegetable puns are out. Started instead, Yeah, we're gonna go with famous rom com movie quotes.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, you only used movie quotes on these girls, strictly trying to put up women using famous lines from romantic movies.
Speaker 3: Good idea or great idea.
Speaker 12: Oh I'm saying great idea, but oh, are you really mean these are writers who are writing for the sappiest, most romantic people ever, which Jose is true.
Speaker 4: But don't girls.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, yeah, oh I've seen this movie.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, you'd think that that is a possible risk. But we googled well known lines from romantic movies and actually sent them out to a handful of real women. Now some of them Jose matched within the past but never sent them a message. Okay, and some are brand new women that we were hoping would respond.
Speaker 2: And please give you the first message.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Well, here's the thing before we get to that. I know, Jose that looks matter to you on a scale of like one to ten. How much do they matter?
Speaker 4: I'd say at least like a seven or an eight hundred.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is extremely important that they are good looking.
Speaker 8: You need to be at least semi attracted to somebody, and then their personality will take them to a ten. If you meet a ten, they tend.
Speaker 4: To not have any personality.
Speaker 8: So the math is like you meet a seven or eight personality adds three.
Speaker 4: Boom, Now they're a ten in your heart.
Speaker 3: The one time Jo is good at math when it.
Speaker 1: Comes these equations actually worked out.
Speaker 3: Here's what I'm gonna do. So I have the pictures of all the ladies that we reached out to on the app. Let's put the photos out of them in front of you, all of them. Pick out the top three women that you're hoping to hear from, because I'll just tell you not all of them responded back, but apputting up generally, wouldn't you say that these are all very attractive women here?
Speaker 4: Actually some really pretty girls here?
Speaker 3: Pick out your top three?
Speaker 4: Okay, Georgia, immediately.
Speaker 1: She looks like the girl from White Lotus.
Speaker 4: Could she give me my White Lotus?
Speaker 8: That could be your pet name, guy, Georgia, Jay mixed girls and one more Anna and is really pretty, really cool too.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what I'll tell you. Some of the girls that you chose did respond to you. Yeah, okay, the movie rom com quotes worked.
Speaker 4: Now the girls.
Speaker 3: Here's what we're going to start with. Let's start with Taylor. Can you find her picture and grab it out of the mix. So there's Taylor. I'll tell you about her profile real quick. She's twenty nine. She says she loves watching football and helping out her family.
Speaker 1: Okay, that looks like she looks pure and I have the same very sweet, you.
Speaker 3: Know, past, same interest. So you know, girl, you know what we did. For Taylor, we went with the line from the nineteen ninety eight rom com smash The Wedding Singer starring Adam Sandler, and first line, no, it would be so nice growing old with you.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, that is a stage five clinger response.
Speaker 3: Gosh, she didn't say anything, but she did match with you, and we're going to consider that a small victory. She had to like click like and say, Okay, I'm willing to talk except you.
Speaker 2: She's worried that you're going to stalk her. She doesn't.
Speaker 3: Next up, will you please grab Georgia. Yeah, you said you liked Georgia. Georgia's twenty three, she says she goes crazy for a mcdouble extra pickle and her goal for the years to try every sausage roll in the city. Oh my god, is that a euphemism? I don't know, but either first thing we sent Georgia, we went with the big Guns, went right to the Notebook from two thousand and four with Ryan Goslin Regie McAdams. We wrote, so it's not going to be easy. It's gonna be really hard, and we're gonna have to work at this every day. But I want to do that because I want you.
Speaker 2: That's recognizable from the movie.
Speaker 4: It's all about how.
Speaker 1: If you see Jose's picture next to it, is it recognize.
Speaker 3: It's not like after reading that Georgia also matched with you but didn't say anything. You left the door open already. We can tell the strategy is working.
Speaker 1: A little bits, a little count that as success. She probably accidentally like swiped the wrong way.
Speaker 4: Okay, she cant on these apps.
Speaker 3: If you it's like a thumbs up from them, but we're hoping for actual responses, and we did get one. Okay, do you please grab Tiffany from the group. The thing about Tiffany is you matched with her two weeks ago before we even had your phone, but you never ended up writing anything to her.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm so lazy on these apps.
Speaker 8: I just swipe, and then when a girl matches, I'm like, oh, she thinks I'm cute, and then I give up.
Speaker 1: Sounds like she's at like a sports betting events.
Speaker 3: She does it is a sports We stepped in to help you out with that with a quote from fifty First Dates Adam Sandler again quote, I'm just gonna say you're the girl of my dreams and apparently I'm the man of yours. Oh no, that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't even make sense in the movie the funny line.
Speaker 3: Well, she replied, so it worked, Brooke. She wat back fifteen days later, and you're just now realizing this or did your other matches not pan out? We left her on red because that was just spot Listen after that, something amazing happened, one of your top picks. Not only did she write back, she fully engaged with producer Boyd and I in a complete text conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and.
Speaker 3: This must have been where my phone was going nuts the entire time. We only talked to her using famous movie called nothing else. Would she figure out what we were doing? Or just like in any Hollywood rom com, would she swoon and become putty in your hands?
Speaker 10: Jose?
Speaker 3: Oh, we are gonna read the full text combo, and you're not gonna believe what happens at the very end of it when we come back with Jose's lom Co dating app strategy. Oh my god, we're gonna read it next. We're getting a lot of texts coming into seven, eight, five, nine to two from listeners hopeful that this show can finally jumpstart Jose's Limp in Lackluster Love Life, but if you missed it, Producer Boyd and I. Over the last few days, we took over Jose's Hinge dating app. The overall results were pretty positive. We reached out to eight women using only famous rom com movie quotes.
Speaker 1: You only got one to actually respond to you, but.
Speaker 4: A couple of matches.
Speaker 3: There is a lot of matches. We're just looking for matches here. Out of the eight ladies that we approached, we received five responses. You did five out of eight. And now it's time because you connected with one girl over a month ago. You only matched with her, didn't say anything, just the match and Jose has the pictures in front of him because he doesn't know which one it is yet. Yeah, he may be hoping for one in particular. So will you please grond ab j Jay.
Speaker 1: She is one of.
Speaker 3: The top cut and so she not only responded, the conversation went back and forth for a while.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you only use movie quotes the entire time.
Speaker 3: The entire time. And just to help bring this to life, because we're going to read the whole conversation, I would like to have digital producer Jake read Jay's responses as if you were her. All right, and if you want to see the video of this, go over to our YouTube at Brook and Jeffrey. Let's begin. Can I get some rom com music please?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Now, imagine Jose is the one who is like reading these and texting these up to this woman.
Speaker 1: All right, it was YouTube even though it was us.
Speaker 3: But yes, we're going to start off by sending Jay something from nineteen ninety seven my best friend's wedding.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I using because they may not know that it's a movie quote we wrote.
Speaker 3: If you love someone, you say it, you say it right then out loud, Otherwise the moment just passes you by.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that is.
Speaker 3: You're a romantic.
Speaker 13: Even respond to that, James response, Jose, I don't know what to say to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, l O L.
Speaker 3: I mean we have her on the hook though, so we went with two thousand and one serendipity. Just say what you feel, say what's in your heart.
Speaker 1: Oh it makes sense, it's starting to feel serious.
Speaker 13: Jay's response, I guess I would say, don't give all your love away heart emoji?
Speaker 2: Is that is that a music lyric?
Speaker 4: I don't know if I like that. She's just as intense making it and she's like into it.
Speaker 3: So that we responded with a twenty eighteen movie be quote from Love Simon, do you guys.
Speaker 4: Know your love movies?
Speaker 3: I'm done being scared. I'm done living in a world where I don't get to be who I am.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm hiding now.
Speaker 3: I have to serve a great love story.
Speaker 4: You know what, I could see myself saying this.
Speaker 1: I mean, out of all the ones we've done this person, I am tired.
Speaker 14: Of not just openly loving a woman and giving her What was Jay's response, We're on the same page, but does the right person really exist nowadays?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm worried about Jay.
Speaker 3: This is really happening. So we went with a line from another twenty eighteen classic, Crazy Rich Asians.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't seen this.
Speaker 3: One, and we said, I have it all planned out. I'll bring you to my favorite spot on the island. There's a hidden islands. There's a hidden trail I used to go to as a child, and when the sun it's the horizon, I'd get down on one knee and the rest of the world would fall away.
Speaker 4: No, this is where you ruined.
Speaker 2: So you're proposing you blew it, did I.
Speaker 3: Because Jay's response, well, look at you. The fact that you have that mindset is pretty nice.
Speaker 12: What I'm scary vacation, That's that's right.
Speaker 3: So we went with as good as it gets with Jack Nicholson in caps, you make me want to be a better man.
Speaker 9: Jay's response, me, question mark question mark, question mark, question mark, why you say.
Speaker 3: That it's time for some Tom Hanks, Meg, Ryan, you've got mail closer. I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly.
Speaker 10: What.
Speaker 3: Jay's response, boy, you'd play stop? Oh dang? Staying with Hanks from The Sourest Jump, she said, stop, Jeff. I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is. And Jay's response, Okay, so what is love? Explain?
Speaker 2: Oho?
Speaker 3: That one was tough. She wants us to explain?
Speaker 2: Did Adam Sandler ever?
Speaker 3: Tell couldn't go with that. We had to put Mulan Rouge two thousand and one together with Meet Joe Black from nineteen ninety eight, and we wrote love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds that healthy.
Speaker 3: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved.
Speaker 1: In return, oh my rights.
Speaker 3: And Jay responded, sounds right. I guess she thinks you're some kind of love guru at this point breaking down what love is?
Speaker 2: I'll accept that answer question exactly. You could never be clinging to her. If this is where he.
Speaker 3: Bar is happening, it's time for the closer. Nineteen ninety nine, Nodding Hill with Julia Robertson here brandt, Oh my gosh, I'm just a boy standing in front of a girl. Oh I heard this one asking her out? Heard the change because the real quote is love, love her or whatever it is. But what was James's response?
Speaker 7: You asking me out as in getting a coffee, snack, dessert, dinner.
Speaker 3: What are you asking.
Speaker 10: This?
Speaker 4: Why she's so confused?
Speaker 3: Princess bride?
Speaker 12: Oh so going as you wish answers.
Speaker 9: Change response, You didn't answer the question, ye okay, so pull disclosure.
Speaker 3: At this point we had run out of rom com movie quotes, so we went with a line that we found in Good Housekeeping Magazine twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Oh no, why do you have those?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 3: Love is in the air and it smells like coffee.
Speaker 2: Has a coffee date.
Speaker 13: Jay's response, co l o l okay sounds good, smiley face, right, you got you a date with.
Speaker 3: A hot girl using only rom com movie clothes and one quote from Good Housekeeping.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Not one of the women from this entire experiment called us out on using rom com quote.
Speaker 4: No, never doubt.
Speaker 3: The power of romantic comedy on a woman's psyche. Ladies and gentlemen and text into seven eight, five nine two. When jose finally meets up with Jay for their coffee date, should he bring a cheat sheet along with him of written on his arm? Or should he just come clean and tell her the truth.
Speaker 8: I'm going to meet her and be like, so you like video games?
Speaker 4: Where was the guy I was talking? I'm excited.
Speaker 3: This all gets revealed and the speeches anyway, it's broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: If you're in charge of dinners for yourself or your whole family, there's an item in your kitchen that's gonna change your life.
Speaker 1: Wait, is it a professional cook?
Speaker 4: This is gonna do it?
Speaker 5: Not that?
Speaker 3: And you know what you already have it too. Yes, everyone, it's a very common item that you're just using in a different way, or maybe not using at all. Oh my god, but I promise it's sitting right there in your cupboard, just waiting to be used.
Speaker 2: Why am I on the edge of my seat right now?
Speaker 3: When I tell you this secret trick, Family dinner nights at your house are never gonna be the same. You're gonna lift your arms to the sky and you're gonna thank me screaming yes, Jeffrey, Yes, You'll change my kid's life, my husband's life.
Speaker 4: Thank you Jeffrey for this amazing pace.
Speaker 3: I'm cooking it for nation.
Speaker 2: WHOA no, wow, I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: What if we like it?
Speaker 3: Well, then get over at kitchen hacks coming up. Out of the three of you, who do you think spends the most time in the kitchen?
Speaker 5: Not me?
Speaker 3: I know you're probably thinking it's a Brook And it's not because she's a woman. No, it's because the other two are you know, younger gen Z types, and you know they have lives, So.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't actually disagree with any of that.
Speaker 3: Very happy that's true. But look, I know Alexis spent twenty minutes in the kitchen yes esterday trying to figure out the microwave. It counts as time spent.
Speaker 1: Vegetables I thought you were going to say she didn't know what a can opener was.
Speaker 3: That's Tomorrow's not a manual electric with her. Jose has been doing more things in the kitchen too lately, now that he's in his new apartment.
Speaker 8: I actually literally cooked a rise and I steam veges. The other day I cooked chicken.
Speaker 3: Still doesn't know what a spatul is. But you know what this is what we're doing.
Speaker 4: It's a flat fork.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We're getting there. We're getting there anyway. The reason that I bring up all this kitchen stuff is because I recently stumbled onto a list of food hacks that are going to change people's lives forever.
Speaker 2: I love these.
Speaker 3: I really think someone in this room is going to be blown away by at least one of these ideas. So we'll see kitchen hack number one. Yes, okay, we've all talked about avocado's going bad too quickly.
Speaker 4: It's a huge They turned brown the time you go home from the store.
Speaker 1: Well, I usually put him in the fridge once they're right.
Speaker 3: Scientists just figured out something even better. If you put your avocado in the fridge with an onion touching it, Oh, it'll stay even fresher.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: It's huge.
Speaker 2: It's like, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want your fruit on your counter to touch your bananas. Really, bananas will ripen stuff super quickly.
Speaker 2: I put my avocatos next to my banana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why they're going.
Speaker 3: Just make sure that that onion asks for consent before it touches the.
Speaker 1: We need to video this so we can go viral on TikTok.
Speaker 3: The kitchen hack number two. How many times would you say the general public has pasta for dinner every week? That's a pasta. The macarund is the shape of pasta. But you know she's eating it right now. She's like, well, did you know that if you put a baking rack on top of the boiling pot while the pasta's cooking, you can pile veggies on the rack. You put a lid over it, and the water from the pasta steams all the vegetables. Smart veggie hack.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so this steam from the pasta is also boiling the vegg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my mind is blown so much.
Speaker 3: Time, aren't you?
Speaker 10: Guys?
Speaker 3: Glad that I came across this list.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: Genius.
Speaker 3: We're going over some kitchen hacks that are going to change your cooking game forever number three. This one's really good. Another big family favorite, of course is tacos every week. Oh yeah, usually we're having tacos two, three, five times a week. And instead of using a bunch of different bowls to put all the toppings in, you know, like one bowl for lettuce and one bowl for tomatoes and one for shredded cheese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does have a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I just pile it all on the cutting board.
Speaker 11: It's just a big sloppy mess on the table pretty much.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean we're having like company over.
Speaker 3: I'm not making that. Look well, there is actually a way to organize it, so it's okay, and you don't have to do as many dishes. Use a muffin tin for each one of the taco toping.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's so smart. Sour cream and one onions over there.
Speaker 3: That way, at the end of everything, you just have one dish to watch.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 1: My girlfriend uses that for kid snacks, like to separate kids snacks instead of a bunch of little things.
Speaker 3: Well, she's doing it wrong. She needs to use it for tacos and tacos home.
Speaker 1: I'll tell her chen.
Speaker 3: Half number four. When's the last time you guys sat down with a big pint of ice cream? I think just looked at her watch.
Speaker 1: Set me a picture last night after I went to bed of just the empty gallon of ice cream thing in there, and he said, don't judge me.
Speaker 2: Is the old I'm like, I didn't even.
Speaker 4: Get any He's not diabetic, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: He's skinny, so frustrated to me.
Speaker 3: I was concerned about him emotionally. Usually when people go through something like that, it's like they're going through something traumatic. And what happened was.
Speaker 8: Also crying and yeah, but you're so skinny.
Speaker 2: It happens once a week.
Speaker 3: So, if you're a big ice cream eater like Brooks husband, if you want to keep your ice cream cold as you're eating it, a hack is to use a koozy around the pint so your your hands don't warm up and melt the ice cream inside it. Else keep your hands from being really cold.
Speaker 1: And Jerry's pine, So could I add an ice cream hack that has changed my life? Please do store it upside down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we already talked about this. I did it.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: You were just trying to take credit for.
Speaker 3: Talk about it like a week ago.
Speaker 5: Amazing.
Speaker 4: Also, all vocados and onions.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna write that one down. Thanks for that.
Speaker 6: Why are you?
Speaker 2: Kitchen hack?
Speaker 3: Finally, kitchen hack number five. This one's a mind blower for me. The problem after you make great cookies is they don't stay soft long enough. I like crispy, you like you like a nice, dry cookie. Ok, well, so I guess this one doesn't apply to you. But if you actually like soft, moist, gooey cookie, I'm a rare cookie, then you need to know this hack. It works with muffins and cakes and anything. You take your baked goods, pop them in an airtight container with one slice of white bread in there, and then you seal it up, and the cookies soak up the moisture from the bread so that they stay soft and chewy. It trains the life out of the bread like a marriage. Cookie game just got elevated.
Speaker 4: I don't believe this one. I have to try it.
Speaker 3: Try.
Speaker 4: This is like blowing my mind too much where I think. Now it's a.
Speaker 1: Conspiracy that means you're gonna have to bake cookies. It's all really, there's so much wheat bread in my house. I don't pen it up and be like white bread.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, you don't.
Speaker 3: Own any white bread anyway. I hope that ups your cooking game recently.
Speaker 4: That was really cool.
Speaker 3: I know we should just blow out the phone tab. Not even do this, just more kitchen hacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're getting text in this.
Speaker 3: Say no, you guys want a phone tap? Okay, fine, we'll do another phone tap.
Speaker 6: All right, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Brook, you're going for seven wins in a row today, and your challenger is Alyssa from poort Orchard, who's playing for the very first time. She says she's called a billion times and never gotten through. Were you shocked when we actually answered the phone this time, Alyssa?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I was like, I was trying to get on for Winbig's question, and I guess you guys got somebody else and you're.
Speaker 10: Like, no, no, we're doing it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like you exaggerate at all either, Alyssa.
Speaker 6: Never.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your figure must.
Speaker 1: To be tired from pushing that send call button.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, well, let's give your fingers a rest and they can just use your mouth answer questions. We're gonna send your Brooke out of the studio. Oh sorry, that sounded horrible, didn't it. Oh okay, all right, Alyssa, just pretend I didn't say that stuff. We're just going to talk about the rules thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you have to beat Brooke out right to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 5: You're ready?
Speaker 3: All right? Good luck? Your time starts now on this day. In nineteen forty nine, the North Atlantic Treaty was signed by twelve nations, creating what organization?
Speaker 5: United Nation organization.
Speaker 3: Who was the Benedictine monk who invented champagne?
Speaker 5: I'm passed.
Speaker 3: The process of water turning into steam is called what.
Speaker 6: Boiling?
Speaker 3: Who is the author? Who is the author of Jurassic Park?
Speaker 6: I'm passed?
Speaker 3: What is the tallest mountain in Greece?
Speaker 5: I'm passed? I suck?
Speaker 3: You decided to use your pass A lot there. That's an interesting choice, interesting strategy. We're bringing Brook back into the studio and Alyssa, it says, your fun fact is that you love driving.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do love driving, and in fact, my job is driving.
Speaker 3: Oh it's your job to drive? What do you do delivery driver.
Speaker 1: That's why you're with us all the time. Alsshah, yes, that's also. I love that you're doing something you love. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for you.
Speaker 3: Your turn You ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Here we are. Your time starts now on this day. In nineteen forty nine, the North Atlantic Treaty was signed by twelve nations, creating what organization NATO. Who was the Benedictine monk who invented champagne?
Speaker 1: M Francis.
Speaker 3: The process of water turning into steam is called what?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you know.
Speaker 3: Pass Who is the author of Jurassic Park?
Speaker 1: Uh? Crichton? Michael Crichton.
Speaker 3: What is the tallest mountain in Greece?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Past Olypus.
Speaker 3: All right, and we're going to go to the scoreboard and see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 7: My little boo boo you in mean, my little berry babe.
Speaker 8: Alyssa, you got one correct today, damn brar.
Speaker 4: Yep, we did. Let you get that last question in.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you got three corrects.
Speaker 1: And it didn't feel very good. I'll tell you that. Well, Esteam, were just saying boiling, what is it like?
Speaker 5: Year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna go with the answers here on this day. In nineteen forty nine, the North Atlantic Treaty was signed by twelve nations, creating NATO, the Benedictine monk who invented champagne. That's don pering young.
Speaker 2: Oh really.
Speaker 3: The process of water turning into steam is called evaporation. The author of Jurassic Park is Michael Crichton, and the tallest mountain in Greece is Mount Olympus, said to be the home of God's in Greek mythology. All right, so, Alissa, we can't give you any money here, but we are going to give you a pair of tickets to Professional bull Riders Unleash the Beasts Fun BBRs Unleash the Beast Tours coming to Tacoma on April twentieth and the twenty first. Make sure your head over a PBR dot com so you can get your tickets today. Yeah, all right, you enjoyed that. So, Lissa, thank you so much for playing. Make sure you call back and play again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll keep trying, all right, Thank you, Lissen, You're awesome.
Speaker 3: We're going to do win Brooks Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning