Speaker 1: Ridiculous History is a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome back to the show Ridiculous Historians. If you were hearing this, congratulations you have survived yet another eclipse. We're kind of talking about about nations that get eclipse, nations that don't get as much attention as maybe they deserve.
Speaker 2: Well, because there's a small that just get eclipsed by their bigger brethren, you know, like literally figuratively, they get all the attention. Those big guys just suck all the air out of the room, by the way, you know. And Viva Viva Las Vegas stories I am Ben.
Speaker 1: We're joined as always with our super producer, mister Max Williams. And you know what I was thinking about this, you guys, some of the bigger countries they have entire not just episodes, but podcast series about them, like China, the History of the US Russia. But what about what about the you know, the micro boys, what about what about what about the micro nations? No, what about Lichtenstein, Well.
Speaker 2: Liechtenstein, Lichtenstein, Lichtenstein. You know, what do we do with it? What you will? Whatever feels right to you. You know, I mentioned Viva Las Vegas because a I am coming to you from Las Vegas. I'm on vacation, and b it made me think of was it Monaco that we did? That was sort of another kind of micronation, right, and that.
Speaker 3: Was like a aura and an ara, you know both, But several of them kind of found their niche in like weird little micro tourism surrounded by gambling.
Speaker 2: Not the case necessarily with Lichtenstein, but I just made me think of that am on your mind, gambling is on my mind. I'm on a hot streak there, I gotta get those hot dice. But no, according to the Embassy of the Principality of Liechtenstein, the territory occupied by the Principality of Lichtenstein has been continually inhabited by settled farming communities since the later Stone Age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we all remember the earlier Stone Age, you know. I like the earlier work.
Speaker 2: But that's about before they got the like prehistoric animals to act as you know, garbage disposals and taxi cabs.
Speaker 4: To get that joke that you wrote until you said out loud, I've read that three times before this recording, and I'm like, I don't get it. I didn't put the later part in Stone Age. I like the earlier work.
Speaker 1: Right, because the later Stone Age I earned that symbol, thank you guys. So four thousand to eight hundred BCE, that's the Later Stone Age, right, So people have been living there for quite some time.
Speaker 2: But by fifteen BCE, oh, those Romans just rolling around taking everything that they see, you know. Yeah, they incorporated into something called the Province of Racia. And after the Roman Empire, you know, did that thing that it did, were it kind of collapsed in the fifth century. Ratia was then incorporated into Charlemagne's Frankish Empire, and then from the tenth century forward was part of the Holy Roman Empire. Henceforth these redundants. But I had to say henceforth, I liked a Charlemagne thing to say that was tight. Yeah, I liked it. And so here's the thing.
Speaker 1: This area doesn't have a h it doesn't have a ton of natural resources. You know, there was something at the time, there was something called imperial imbediacy, which was like your little badge to be in charge of a given domain. Yeah, and the County of Vaduz gets this sovereign ability right to be suzerains essentially, and this idea that they have sovereignty and the right to independence begins so far back in time, you know, like thirteen ninety six, late fourteenth century. There's two counties. There's Vaduz and Schellenberg, right, and these are the origin points of modern day Liechtenstein. And they they went back and forth. They weren't always united. Between fourteen sixteen and sixteen thirteen there was all this call it aristocratic horse trading, and it wasn't until the counts of and I love this name, the Henymns got together and brought Vaduz in Schellenberg into a unified front.
Speaker 2: I'm just so glad we're dealing with some cow It's here for the record, because Vaduz just sounds like the most goth place ever. Shellenberg a little less so. But I'm just really glad we're dealing some counts. Also, the Indians sounds like that should be a house out of the Dune series. Just put them out there as well.
Speaker 1: Reminds me a little bit of like Eloheen. But that's just that's just our American accents, I think.
Speaker 2: But also true.
Speaker 1: So they bring this these two counties together, and at first that sounds super dope. However, during the rule of the Counts of Inion, you got to say it like that, like you've got a small coffee.
Speaker 2: You're coughing in a library, and it was like you you're a Vaduzian prince, and you coughed gently into your hanky and a little bit of blood comes out.
Speaker 4: I always go through these docks beforehand and like pronounce out some of the words of it look a little more complicated, and be like, oh, you know, go get a like pronunciation guide. And when I found in M's or however we're saying it, I was like, oh, they're gonna have fun with this one nice called here.
Speaker 1: We are having fun with it. It's got a good mouthfeel. I like you, it's got a good mouthfeel. I'll tell you who, uh tubercular. Who there it is who didn't enjoy this? The innocent people living in Vaduz and Schellenberg. Because under the rule of these counts of Hunem, the public had just a.
Speaker 2: Really crappy time. There were all these plagues over and over.
Speaker 1: There were witch hunts, and this came in the chaos of the Thirty Years War. The public wants someone to blame, so they pick on disadvantaged, isolated people in society, and they end up killing like around one hundred and eighty people for being witches and that at the same time, the rulers of the land are getting super in debt. They're super broke, and they have to have a fire sale, so they sell these two counties two wait for folks, the House of Lichtenstein.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, or is a count just someone who presides over a county? Oh, you know, you might be right. I don't know, man, that's pretty If true, then galaxy, I love it.
Speaker 1: The armchair etymologist to me is like vibing with you and saying right on.
Speaker 2: Brother, can either confirm nor deny, but would love for that to be true. So you know, yeah, one hundred and eighty people, you know, taken to the torch, as they say, perhaps there are other methods, probably likely equally barbaric, for being practitioners of the black arts. At this point, we are at the historical moment, the cross roads of history, wherein the place kind of changes names.
Speaker 1: One piece at a time. Just like the Johnny Cash song, Vadus gets sold to the House of Liechtenstein in sixteen ninety nine and then not too long. After less than two decades later, Schellenberg gets auctioned off as well. And if we understand reforming of this very tiny, very pleasant European nation, we have to dive into the name. The name is weird, right, A lot of Americans, I will pose it probably confuse Luxembourg and Liechtenstein.
Speaker 2: I certainly did that myself briefly. But who are these Liechtensteins And what was their deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's their whole thing with these Steins anyway? So yeah, they have Okay, so they're a clan. They're like an aristocratic ruling clan. And think of them as a group of princes who are related by blood and sometimes, when it works out, they're related by geopolitical ambitions. So for a long, a long time, these guys were advisors to the Habsburg dynasty since like the twelve hundreds, the thirteenth century. Okay, as we know, it became more and more difficult to be an advisor to the Habsburgs as the incest accelerated.
Speaker 2: As it tends to do. So the House of Lichtenstein.
Speaker 1: Oh, hell Max also gave the saddest nod I know, we've all seen.
Speaker 2: The pictures it is s for sure. The House of Liechtenstein held lands in Moravia, Bohemia, which is, you know where the Bohemians came from, all those Hebcats and Lower Austria. All of these lands, however, were they were sort of like vassal lords almost because they were subject to the whims of more senior feudal lores. And although the folks in charge of Lichtenstein had been you know, kind of raised up, you know, ranked up to prince in sixteen oh eight, the princes they didn't really have nearly as much power as one might think a prince should have. They had to work pretty hard to gain what's called which were lands that were subjects to no other feudal rulers except for, of course, the head of the Holy Roman Empire itself, the Holy Roman Emperor.
Speaker 1: Right like the idea being in basic terms, we don't pay taxes or send soldiers to anyone but the Emperor. We direct as Corporate America would say, we are the direct We directly report to the Emperor.
Speaker 2: As does feel a little dunish in general, like in terms of the structure of it. You know, we got the houses that are given by the grace of the emperor, control of various resources and various lands. But at the end of the day, I mean, maybe this is just history and you know, royalty and all of that, but I don't know. For something, for some reason, I'm feeling a little Dune vibes from this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because Frank Herbert reads a life read a lot of like Middle European history, I imagine. But so okay. So here they are on the come up, the princes of Liechtenstein and or Lichtenstein, however you prefer. So they have to make nice with this guy named Charlie. You might know him as Charles the sixth. At the time he was, in addition to other things, he was a Holy Roman emperor. So here's what happens. They make nice with this guy Chuck, and they say, hey, Chuck, do you know we control these two things that we bought in sixteen ninety nine and seventeen twelve. Can you just make this right because we only report to you, dude, We're loyal to you. And Chuck agrees. In seventeen nineteen, he says were uniting Vaduz and Schellenberg, were making a Facebook official or something to that effect, and he said, Now this is an imperial principality or Reich firstintem.
Speaker 2: Well done, yeah, nied, no notes ten out of ten I learned it from you. So okay.
Speaker 1: So this is big because this means that this new upstart country, this house that has become a nation, can be a sovereign member of the Holy Roman Empire. They get a seat at basically the Parliament or the Congress of the time. The imperial diet I'm sorry, the imperial diet is the imperial diet.
Speaker 4: It's basically makes me think of the diet that that what is it? Swedish Emperor eight and then slightly died afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for me, an imperial diet largely consists of giant shanks of meat with the greases dripping onto their bare chests. You like a turkey leg, long, cartoonishly large turkey leg. It's funny. You can also use it as a weapon if someone comes at you at the renfair and you never know, you never know. So this this is.
Speaker 1: Weird and it's tough to understand. You know here in twenty twenty four as Americans, but the people in charge of countries at this time it was people at land holdings. It was not uncommon for them to have never visited the place. So the princes of Liechtenstein are Liechtenstein. They controlled this area, but they never visited until like eighteen forty two they decided to show up.
Speaker 2: That's very common, I think you said, throughout history governing from afar, and it usually involves a little bit of a disconnect, you know, when with the people who actually live there.
Speaker 1: Right, how are you going to govern a people you don't speak their language, et cetera, et cetera. Tail as unfortunately old as time. We're we're getting a lot of this again from the Embassy of Liechtenstein. Like the Prince of Pala of Liechtenstein's the official name. So the embassy points out that there are quite a few historical figures who pop in for some at times unpleasant cameos. I'm thinking of Napoleon bun real up and comer.
Speaker 2: That guy. Oh yeah, there was a period where you didn't want to see him strolling strident into your town.
Speaker 1: He was great in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. He was not as short as people say, but he kind of did some dick moves.
Speaker 2: That's right. At this point, the entire Holy Roman Empire was under his tiny iron fist. And when Napoleon dissolved the Holy Roman Empire and turned it into the Rine Confederation, Liechtenstein actually kind of got released from his previous contract. I guess let's call it this previous allegiance to the former emperor, and it was given its own sovereignty through the inclusion in the Confederation in eighteen oh six. An how we're starting to feel, little star Treking, aren't waybacks? Maybe that's a federation, I don't know, carry on, maybe not.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what we need to realize about this. This was a huge opportunity for the people of Liechtenstein because Napoleon was saving them from some regional rivals who wanted to take over those lands, most notably Bavaria. And so having Napoleon protect you and vibe with you is great so long as Napoleon is still in play. As history proves, Napoleon gets defeated once by a swarm of rabbits and then you know, later by humans. And when he is defeated, when he is sent to exile. The Rhyme Confederation dissolves in eighteen thirteen and so Liechtenstein goes to the Congress of Vienna and they say, hey, we want a seat at the table. So they become one of the thirty nine new member states of something called the German Confederation, which means they get to save their sovereignty. And they even you know, they mess around. They get a little constitution in eighteen eighteen. Nice, very cool, I mean very cool.
Speaker 2: It's a little constitution.
Speaker 1: It's like a limited cost It's like it's like constitution diet zero.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant it was like physically quite small to match the small stature of this micronation. But now I just didn't have that many pages. They weren't necessarily it was mostly emoji's. Yeah, fair, So it didn't include things like, oh, I don't know, basic rights. However, it did include some you know, groundwork for controlling taxation requirements, things like that, some vague suggestions in language the public well being, you know, quote unquote. And under this confederation, Liechtenstein would be able to maintain a small military force. And during the Austro Prussian War, where Austria got together with the German Confederation to fight against Prussia, this conflict, of course ended with the defeat of Austria and the disillusion of the very German Confederation that we're talking about. So this once again, right once, it's like a you know, getting acquired by another company. You know, if you're like a small little startup and you can get in pad We've been there, right, It's a thing. It's a weird feeling, but doesn't always go poorly. Sometimes things end up going for the better for your particular situation, and that seems to be the case here. Linchdenstein was once against released from its military obligations and gave Parliament the opportunity to refuse to fund any more military endeavors. So in eighteen sixty eight, Prince Johann the Second agreed to Parliament's requests and actually disbanded the eighty man army eighty minutes. That's barely an army. We'll get to the size of the of the country in a bit. But yeah, that's than everything but that. But I don't think eighty people does an army make?
Speaker 4: Is that less than the Swiss Guard in the Vatican.
Speaker 2: I think it might be.
Speaker 4: A cree phones backs and he dropped in the knowledge it's just for you, so good.
Speaker 2: There we go. It is you are correct, Let's be a Swiss Guard man. They're like serious. Those guys are like ninjas.
Speaker 1: You can tell by the hats. Yeah, they're all about the business and the pantaloons as well. Kidding, don't come for me, Swiss Guard anyway, I really need to get through customs in Italy. And funny story about the Nation of Liegtensteins. Their army did one of the coolest things. In eighteen sixty six, they had their last deployment as the army of the country. They had an amazing track record. They didn't lose any battles, they had no casualties. They actually didn't fight at all. They left with those eighty people that we just mentioned, and when they came home, according to the legend, they brought a buddy with them. They just met a guy who was a cool vibe and they brought him home and they were like this Larry, he's dope.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they do disband the army, and this is cool because again, even though we're talking about a relatively small number of people, it's enormous to the public to not be beholden to fight in foreign wars. Liechtenstein is also landlocked, you know what I mean. They don't control any important ports or like ocean access points at this time, so they're in a good spot.
Speaker 2: You know. It's funny though, because it does seem like a lot of the prominence are of these migronations, or at least the interest in them comes from having some sort of military strategic position, and that's not seemed to be the case here. So you might be asking Max noel Ben, this is all well and good. We like geopolitics as much as the next guy, but what's it actually like in Liechtenshil. What do they do? Why should I care?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, we can get into the weeds in the history of this country, as you can with any European country if we're being honest. They are neutral during World War One, but they still they still have a tough time because they suffer from the sanctions levied against Austria Hungary because they're part of it. They get a new constitution, they strive, they're always trying. Like you said, no, I love the phrase vassal state. They're always trying to build a relationship with the larger partner, and so they get to please right, Yeah, SEMPI noticed me. And that's what they say to Switzerland. The Swiss fronk is the official currency today. I look, they chose correctly when they got with Switzerland, and not to uh, not to spout too much scuttle butt and stereotype about the nation of Switzerland, but they are known for their banking and UH and their neutrality. And Liechtenstein was right on that they are super active in their international financial sector, which is again a euphemistic way to talk about tax dodging and money laundering.
Speaker 2: I knew I'd heard of them somewhere there. It is, Yeah, but there's there's there's more to it than just that. Of course, after World War Two, linchdtin Student's economy grew a lot around some very specialty kind of industrial UH firms. So at you know, we basically up to this point it had largely been kind of this very poor, agrarian sort of vassal state. But at this point, after World War Two, which happened for other countries as well as we know, they started to modernize and kind of like you know, leap into what would be seen as more of the modern era of the micronation. They didn't have that many people actually living there, so their economy kind of ballooned to a level that wasn't being serviced enough by the people who actually lived there, so they had to outsource workers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did, and that's something that kind of continues today. As we'll see the native population of this country is about two thirds of the people living there native born. So that's like the quick and dirty origin story and leads us to the modern day. If you visit today, and you very much should. The three of us would love to go. What we'll see is that it's in the Central Alps, probably like the two thirds of it on the eastern side if you're looking at a map, is a bunch of rugged foothills, and there are these beautiful forests, these beautiful alpine and flowers. You know, its snows and rains and winter. It's kind of it's still kind of ski cloudy. Yeah. Yeah, they've got a pretty much they've got a modest but growing ski industry.
Speaker 2: And those rugged foothills. Man that you mentioned so rugged belong to a mountain system known as the rete Kon I believe that's how you pronounce it, which is of course part of the Central Alps. You've got some pretty high peaks, including Grouse Spits, which goes as high as eighty five hundred and twenty seven feet or two thousand, five hundred and ninety nine meters, and much of the area is quite quite, quite quite above sea level, around six thousand feet up. The lower slopes of the mountain encompass a lot of these beautiful evergreen forests, kind of think of, you know, German black forest type situations. The hills are alive, they are with the sound of tourists. Yeah, there it is. I mean, yeah, it's a cool vibe.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It is still a monarchy. It's a constitutional monarchy, which is not uncommon in this part of the world. But unlike unlike many other European countries, this country is interesting because it has no natural resources that are worth anything. So like, they have a bunch of forests like we were describing, but their forests are very heavily protected, so they have to import wood where they're want to build stuff with wood. There's no heavy industry. There are very few like they're like I would say the idea of agriculture in this country is somewhat endangered. Tourism is by far the official engine of the economy of Lichtenstein.
Speaker 2: So we all we did. We did mention briefly, they had a period of kind of specialized manufacturing or industrial processes that required them to start outsourcing some workers. That was largely around the war efforts at the time we mentioned World War Two, and then after that is when they started to kind of modernize, and by modernize we really are talking about them moving into their role as kind of an iron bank of sorts situation, you know, where they were able to do some dirty deals and hide some money for some very powerful people, and that kind of allowed them to continue to exist. And what that really means is that because of the relatively stable political situation in Liechtenstein, they were able to and also their amy, they were able to operate under something that we're calling here in the outline absolute bank secrecy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the idea is for a while, you could be an anonymous foreign account holder and you would be you would be buttoned up legally, and that's the reason why, especially leading up to the late nineteen hundreds, this country became a center of money laundering to the point where they eventually changed the law and they said okay, look, you can't just be you know, Ben Bullen or Johnny Blue Jeans or some other made up name and open a bank account here. And the EU was cracking down on it. The US was super mad about it. So the country has been working for some time now to stop being regarded as a tax haven with mixed results, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it does become a bit of a reputational kind of thing, right, or maybe we don't wanted to shake that, but you know, you're kind you're kind of known for what you're known for. It's not really up to you at a certain they kind Yeah, it's true. And as we mentioned a little bit earlier, what are known as ethnic Liechtensteiners make up around two thirds of the population. They are descended from the Alemanni tribe. They came into the region after around five hundred CE. The official language of the nation is Germany, but most of the population also still speaks a dialect of Alamanni, containing local kind of colloquial variations and pronunciations and vocabularies. Another ethnic group, called the Vostlers, are descendants of immigrants from the Swiss canton of the Valais, which settled in Treisenberg at the very end of the thirteenth century, and they continue to speak a very distinctive forum of the language. Finally, around four fifths of the population our Christian, with about three fourths identifying as Roman Catholic. Again a shout out to the Embassy of Liechtenstein for all of these handy bits. The principality thereof yes, excuse me, yes, thank you. It will get super mad.
Speaker 1: They might send eighty people out to get us, and then they would come back with eighty three people because they.
Speaker 2: See, I want to go how do I become? Can I immigrate to Liechtenstein? Seems like a real fancy place. It helps if you're.
Speaker 1: Swiss or very wealthy, like offensively wealthy dan so well on the way to be Swiss.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably wondering about the size, folks. In terms of the great micro nation scale, which we have just made up as an official thing, Liechtenstein is like sixty two square miles all told, which for us in the US puts it about. A good comparison would be Washington, DC. It's about the same eyes as that city, but that's still you know, that's pretty big. Compared to things like Monaco or Vatican City or San Marino. But then you know, there are other there are other micronations that are much larger, like Andorra is one hundred and eighty one square miles, and that's still massive. That's three times the size of this country.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And Luxembourg is six is still pretty big. It's nine hundred and ninety eight square miles. So this all, this just all means that Liechtenstein is the sixth smallest country in the planet.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's essentially nestled into a valley, you know, that's the entirety of its land, kind of tucked between Switzerland and Austria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it had some struggles, although we're making it sound like a really cool place, which it is. If you were a woman living in the country, you were not allowed to vote until nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, definitely probably some smissues there with their their catching up to modern times. There's a really I think this is a great way to sum up the paradox I suppose that is Liechtenstein. William Cook, writing for The Spectator, put it thusly, one of the smallest countries in Europe, is only twenty four kilometers from end to end and barely twelve kilometers across, squeezed into half a valley between Austria and Switzerland. Its monarchy is Austrian and its currency is Swiss. Like you said, it only grand women the rights to vote in nineteen eighty four, and it's national football stadium, the Ryan Park Stadio, and holds just six one and twenty seven spectators, less than the Takay Unites It. Torque, by the way, is a little seaside community in the United Kingdom where Faulty Towers the wonderful John Cleese brickcom takes place. And if you've seen the show, you know it is meant to be one of the sleepiest and tiniest little seaside in all the land. Let's call it this.
Speaker 1: Let's title this episode uh licktenstin the Delaware of Europe because it has more registered companies than people even today, there's twenty twenty four it's it has a railway, but it has the train station uh nor public airports. Yeah, but they are the biggest manufacturer of false teeth in the world.
Speaker 2: That's not true, is it?
Speaker 1: That's what William Cook tells us in the spectator.
Speaker 2: You serious, false teeth, that's their industry.
Speaker 5: That's that manufacturing you're asking about. Yeah, no, serious, the world's biggest fault. I'm sorry, that's mind blowing. And I feel like we buried the lead there. I we should have started with that one. We buried a lot of leads in this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like they buried a lot of a lot of dirty money. All right, Well it's said as it's said, and it is true.
Speaker 2: Uh Nola.
Speaker 1: I love that you point out this country does not have any public airports of its.
Speaker 2: Own, certainly private ones, though, the implication being because of all the mega rich there.
Speaker 1: Think about the implication, folks. So there's also there's also a fantastic opportunity here for us to talk a little bit about Wiki travel. Now, don't ever use Wikipedia for research, but Wiki travel if you're if you find yourself abroad or heading to an unfamiliar country, Wiki travel is a pretty cool primer on some very interesting things. Be aware that a lot of it is written by locals, so treat the treat the notes about safety and restaurants and hotels with a little bit of skepticism.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I think one thing that's interesting that to be wrap this up about micronation in general, and it's certainly true of Liechtenstein considering its you know, dealings with perhaps ill gotten funds and hiding thereof and probably some private airports if anyone needed to like disappear. They are you know, sovereign, that's the whole thing. But they're so tiny that they're not really on the radar for a lot of bigger picture kind of issues. So it's a great place to go if you're someone that needs to like disappear or seek refuge and not be extradited. Because certainly a lot of these micronations have relationships with larger, you know, more militarily advanced nations, but a lot of times it's like sort of like, ah, you made it to Lichtenstein, kind of like a you know, you kind of got to pass, right, like tagging base. That's right, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this this may be the case for a while.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If you are a ridiculous historian of dare I say a certain set of interests, this all sounds great. You might be saying, how can I move to this fancy central European paradise for paradise for fiduciary Shenanigans. Well, the answer is it's kind of difficult to live there as it's difficult to become a citizen if you're not already a Swiss or be wealthy because Liechtenstein is not a member of the European Union, so the government does not have the same EU obligations like if you know, if you grow up or if you're a resident of an EU nation, you can move to another European country, but you can't do that here. They don't have to let you in. It's kind of tough to get in there. Heads that's why the majority of people just visit or you know, start a company with a po address for sure.
Speaker 2: And I was wondering why there's something about this place that sort of rang familiar to me. And I maybe even mentioned that I was once a smaller gentleman boy because I grew up in Germany, because my mother was an opera singer and sang a lot all over Europe. And Liechtenstein is known for its love of the operatic arts, and they have quite a few for such a small place opera company, and they also have a festival called the Operettas in Vadus Baltzar's that is visited the world over. And you know, as we know, opera is one of the most kind of niche, bougie and expensive pastimes and art for us. So it did tracks that I would have heard of Lichtenstein. I don't know if my mom ever participated in the of these, but I would not be surprised if she did.
Speaker 1: And we hope that if you are hearing this, you will have adventures in this country or other micro nations. We're going to call it a day. Join us when we finally explain later on the what what exactly meant by this? The pleasure of gravity devices and so on. We've got a we've got a cooler history of roller coasters on the way, big big.
Speaker 2: Thanks any devices. I literally just clocked that. Man, I'm really excited about that episode. I think we're all we're all a bit of coaster heads here in the Ridiculous History group, and I look forward to it. I really want to go to Universe Studios again. They have this one coaster called the Hulk where it just shoots you out of a tube. Well you don't even realize it's gonna happen. It's not the slow climb. It's just a quick climb, and then I launched when you don't even know it's coming. Love a good.
Speaker 4: Coach, your top thrill Dregster. It is supposed to open later this year.
Speaker 2: It's six Flags the Point.
Speaker 1: Big big thanks to the super producer, mister Max Williams. Big big thanks to our research associate, also Max Williams and Alex Williams, who composed this amazing track.
Speaker 2: Oh it's such a bum Chris Fhrascio and it's here Spirit Eves, Jeff Coates, AJ Bahamas Jacobs, the Quiz, Sir Jonathan Stricklen. We're gonna get this too, to duke it out one of these days. But Aj will be back soon. We've been teasing Jonathan's eminent return. Uh and we will tease on my friend. Oh hang on, we'll get on. I'm getting a call from the principality. All right, we'll be here. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Books.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.