Speaker 1: Hey, this is Anny and Samantha. Welcome to Stephan never told you, Proctu, I heard you.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. And in honor of the recent solar eclipse, we're using this as an excuse, yes, which we really haven't even acknowledged until now. So we thought we would come back to our long overdue look at the life changing classics from the Twilight saga, specifically New Moon and Eclipse, because they are Oh they're due, and the only way we can do this right is to have our expert besides of course myself on all things Twilight, coming on with us super producer Christine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hello everybody. I am so excited. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: First of all, after we did Twilight, we got an immediate email from Christina going, uh, this is this is my this was my favorite. I have so many things, including two shirts which we have seen a few you did, you did show us a few. Just now we got to see two figurines of Edward Slash Robert Pattins and I feel like to be on social media, Christina.
Speaker 3: I know it's what I have in Atlanta. So I'm not from Atlanta and I'm when I moved here, I only brought the essentials, so the essentials were my two Edward Cullen toys. But I think it ran a figure action figures you could show. I had so many shirts, magazines. I think it was a little obsessive, like almost in a bad way. But I collected stuff and it was fun, So it's fun.
Speaker 2: That's exactly correct, it's fun. We're so glad you're are able to be a part of our spinty Twilight adventures because we have a few more coming up. I still think we need to do the gender swapping book, which I sent to you Christina as like, eventually I need you to read this and tell us about it, please, and you're welcome, Annie, You're welcome for this adventure.
Speaker 4: I don't want to read it.
Speaker 2: Because I did the flip of Edward perspective of the initial Twilight, So I don't know if I'm ready for the gender swap, like that was an alternative. I don't know if I'm ready. I don't know if I'll ever be ready for that, because coming back into it, as much as I loved it because it was so entertaining, it was so good and I was a fan, but looking back on I'm like, oh, God, this writing is so bad, but such a classic anyway, And yes, we are going to jump right in just to kind of at the beginning of all of this. Of course, I have a feeling we have a few uh we do, don't we? And I think we've heard from a few listeners who were Twilight Hearts. Twyn't they name right? Okay? I was like, there's a name. I think I remember Twyheart's out there. Who may want to jump in and be like, you missed this bar. You should have talked about this bar or hears some behind the scenes, And yes, once upon a time, I remember watching some behind the scenes and even the director's cut where they all talk the two where Kristen and Robert Pattinson get on there and have a whole like conversation about the movie. I watched all those as well. But I've forgotten all the good facts. Christina, I hope you hope you remember all the good facts.
Speaker 3: My memory is not the best, but I did. I did follow a lot of Twilight websites back in the day, and I was an avid visitor of Twilight fan websites, and I used to save every photo I found of Robert Pattinson I just would save it in a folder just for later. I don't know. I had photos of my old childhood bedroom absolutely covered in Twilight posters, especially the ones you would get for magazines. Yes, they were on my ceiling, they were on all sides of the walls. I was enamored with him. I still am.
Speaker 2: Who wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, who wasn't.
Speaker 2: And yes, before we go into it, there was a lot of controversy with the movie that I'm about to talk about, New Moon, because there was some big directional changes and people were pissed. People were not happy about some of the changes, including Catherine Hardwick being taken off and having a man, Chris Whitez come in and take over. There was this conversation about what will this look like, who will take over how because the aesthetic was that Catherine had kind of developed this world in creating the cast, like she created this cast and this chemistry, and everybody was like, oh, no, don't do this. There was talks about the fact that Taylor Latner was going to be replaced because he was not bigger like the buff enough.
Speaker 3: As we will say, yes.
Speaker 2: Because he was too small at the beginning and didn't seem to fit, so he had to re audition after like pumping up essentially like getting really built and going on this intensive diet to show that he could be this character once again to come back. And I think Christen Stewart also like rally for him because they were apparently friends that could have just been. You know, there was a conversation about who was going to be a part of the Quilliute slash the wolf Pack, and there was a lot of conversation, and they did hold true to making sure that they used indigenous people as part of this role, so at the very least they listened that far into it. I can't remember any of the Oh yeah, the bad wigs. I think clips finally figured out how bad the wigs were, Like, you're a multi million dollar movie, why are the these wigs so bad?
Speaker 4: So bad?
Speaker 2: Poor poor Nikki Reid. She'd been through some things and they finally got her a wig, and that wig was still awful, and you're like, why, just why, why would you do this to Alice? Anyway, all those things, that's the that's some of the controversy.
Speaker 3: You know, how many people base their haircuts off of Alice too. Back in the day when the movie came out.
Speaker 2: I was so bad.
Speaker 3: I wish it was me. I'm surprised I didn't, but Alice haircut.
Speaker 2: Such a big deal it was, and it got better, thank God along the way. But yes, since we've gone through that controversy, let's jump in. I'm gonna do a quick plot of New Moon for you. Uh. So let's start. We have the opening scene in which, uh, we have Bella having this awful dream about awful I say that she's thinking she's seen her grandmother in the meadows where she meets up with Edward to see his glistening, sparkling skin, and it turns out that it's actually her as an old person aging while Edward never ages and him telling our happy birthday. Really awkward, se fun, fun awkward scene that happens, and she wakes up to this nightmare with Charlie saying happy birthday, getting her presence and then saying I see grayce ha dead jokes. But yes, Bella and Edward are still in high school. But now we've come upon Bella's eighteenth birthday, which means she's officially technically older than her love Edward, and she's having a panic attack. She does not like this. Uh. Then with that comes the bad birthday party, because you know, Alice loves loves some partying, gets her address, says, come on over, it's just gonna be yes, We're gonna get you some presents, and oh no, poor little clumsy Bella gets a paper cut, makes jasper traffic lunge at her to eat her obviously, and this whole thing happens, and oh no, Edwards and Turmoil. Everybody's so upset except for the father figure Carlile, who for years have just understood to withstand the temptation of blood. Has become a doctor. We know this. So he stitches her up and tells her I've done this because you know, I owe humanity. That's his explanation. But all of this leads to Edward having a crisis, thinking we need to leave because it's we're putting her in danger. So he tells Bella he doesn't want her anymore, and she's like, oh no, what okay? And he does this all in the woods, which is really like to me, I'm like, you know, she's really clumsy. You know, she gets lost. Why would you do this and then leave her in the woods? Why did you want her to immediately die. Yeah, I was like what anyway, So she very clumsy and emotional, and she is in the woods at this point and just goes into a fetal position after she's tried to chase after him, and it gets dark and it's cold, and then eventually she's found by Sam, who is a new character, well not new, new ish character. We've met him before, but he's been recast because the previous Sam was not buff enough and I'm gonna say buffalot then this entire time, So they recast him, but he rescues her, takes her back, and we are introduced to the new rugged, shirtless crew of Forks, Washington, of the qualued people Bella. At this time, it's wrestling in her torment and depression, screaming in the night, real harsh screams. Uh soon finds comfort and her best friend Jacob, who has actually puts it, become again buff. I'm going to use this because it was used and I just think it's a hilarious term. And then of course jokes about steroids, because you know, why not. Also, we have the iconic line, Bella, where have you been? Loca?
Speaker 3: That is I wrote that down in my notes while I was watching it. Where the hell you been Loca?
Speaker 2: Where the hell?
Speaker 3: I think Joey, our friend of the show, Joey has that shirt?
Speaker 4: Do they think.
Speaker 2: That's one of the They just started watching it right this This has been recent for them because they are about They're pretty like they are recent is yeah, like I think the last time we talked about Twilight as yes, y'all during a staff meeting, we absolutely talked about Twilight, so you know, but I believe they were like, yeah, I just watched that not too long ago, and I was like, what, because it's making a comeback as it should, as it should but anyways, yes, that that iconic line. But it soon finds when she puts herself in danger, she can see visions of Edward, who is absent. And by the way, another part of the controversy of this movie was how are you going to do this without Robert Pattinson because he is absent through the majority of this movie, So everybody was really up in arms about what they're going to do, and then they're like, we fixed it. Bad cgi of Edward when she puts herself in danger, Q her adventures and motorcycles and roaming in the woods, alone and by the way. During this time, the town soon has a rise of accidents and tells of large bears or creatures all around, which she soon encounters a large pack of wolves who attack the vampire Laurent if you remember he was that crew oh no from the previous Twilight, but he came back threatening to eat Bella because Victoria Victoria, she's been looking for him and Laurent's been helping. But with that, he gets attacked by the wolves and you know, dismembered and she runs home back to tell her father about it, and she figured out what these things were. They're giant wolves again Bessygi. Then, while we find out while she's hanging out with Jacob, including they go to the movies together, he leaves do to not feeling well after a really intense but really fastly acted argument with friend Mike, who was with him at the time. He despairs for a while, telling Bella he doesn't feel well, and then soon tells her he can't hang out with her anymore. And he comes up with his fresh haircut and now he's shirtless, and everybody's like, why is he shirtless? Oh my gosh. She finds out that he's been hanging around Sam and the crew, who we previously didn't really like, and he was all like, they're a gang and they're doing some weird stuff. I don't want to hang out with him. And they keep trying to recruit mem and he finally got recruited, but alas she soon discovers, he is a shape shifting where wolf. I guess the wolf is out of the bag, says one of the other wolves, who was created to protect the land and the qual people. And there's a treaty between the qualities were wolves and the vampires. Uh. So on all of this, Uh, we have Victoria, who has been the one that's been causing the chaos and all the deaths, who's on the hunt for now and that's why so many wolves are popping up with her discovery.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: With all of this, Bella is now able to fully hang out with Jacob again and the entire wolf posse. We also learned a little bit about imprinting. Not really, we don't know, because we have the two Sam and Emily, who is Sam's mate, and they're all happy or whatever, but not a little family as a will. So they're able to hang out again. Great, but During this time, they are still hunting Victoria, who is all all around about and at one point one of the members, pretty big members of the Qualia family, it's murdered by her. And during the same time, because you know, chaos is great, Bella decides she would try cliff jumping with no experience whatsoever in the middle of the winter why not, which almost kills her, but she's rescued by Jacob. Yay, however, and we do see a little popping heead of like Victoria because she'd caught her scent and was trying to go after her. Blah blah blah. However, this starts a whole chain of events where Alice thinks that Bella has died and comes back to check up on her, in which Edward hears about it from Rosalie because Rosalie's messy as hell about what Alice had seen and calls, and through a misunderstanding, Edward thinks that she is dead because Jacob's like, no, she's or he's at the hospital. Essentially, enter the Vulture and we are now introduced to a whole new gang of bad with the ruling vampires who live in Italy and have been around for a while, Edward goes to ask for them to kill him, and all these things happen. He tries to show hisself in the sun during a very big festival, Tory Festival in Italy, to show himself and to exposed a vampire, but he is saved a Bella, who does a very big launch and spider monkey jump you know I'm referring to that, onto him and saves him from that. But then we all get to meet the Vulturi, who are big, bad people. They barely escape death at this point. They're talking about killing Bella and they're like, no, don't do it. And there's a small like battle that happens, very quick, crunchy battle. All these are very crunchy, which all stops because Alice says she's gonna turn. I seen the visions, and she shows him a vision because like both head Vulturi can read thoughts as long as he's touching them, and he sees a very bad scene of Edward and Bella whimsically running through the forest and very like old school clothing. I didn't know. It's like this stills very mormonesque ideal, romantic ideal I feel like, And so he lets them go and he's very excited. So they go back home and we have the ending of the movie, which the family vote on whether or not to have Bella turn into a vampire, and all of them except for Rosa, Lee and Edward vote yes because they love her. You're already part of the family. Hell yeah, come on was the reactions, but Edward only concedes if Bella agrees to marry him. Insane. Anything to add you two that I missed?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, okay, I need to add. The soundtrack for this movie.
Speaker 2: New Moon, really, I think.
Speaker 3: Is my favorite out of all the remember Twilight movies. It is amazing. I mean, Stephanie Meyer, I think had a big you know, say in what She chose really good bands and they made a lot of original songs for I think all the movies. But this soundtrack I think stuck with me the most. There's so many good songs, so good, so sad. Yeah, that's one of my favorite things about New Moon as an Edward Team Edward. You know, it was hard for me back in the day to watch this movie. So soundtrack I loved.
Speaker 2: That had feels and it's still it's still popular today. Like a lot of the songs that we hear is still popular today. Just saw a TikTok. I've been sending Christina and Annie a lot of tiktoks about it, and like it's them coming back together. The cast members coming back to the except for Kristen Robert and Anna Kendrick, mostly are like, nah, we're good. Because they're the more famous of the like more successful of the branch. I think they're nah, y'all have fun, but they're coming together. Okay, So that was New Moon, And because Christina, you are the other Ficinado, we of course need your take on Eclipse, where Robert Pattinson is back.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, oh my gosh. Okay, so bear with me. I tried to reduce it as much as I can, but okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna be yapping. Okay, all right. Yes, marriage is on the table. It's a huge point. Opening the movie, we see a vampire attack a human. We don't know why, we don't know who it is, but we see that he's being changed so he will be a vampire. And then next jump to the famous Meadow where Edward is uh with Bella. They are talking about marriage. He says it's a compromise. If they get married, he will change her into a vampire. Okay. Jump to we see Bella's dad, Charlie, asking Bella to check in on Jacob, who is not doing well. Per the last movie, clearly he is not doing okay, and Edward does not like this. He does not trust Jacob. And also we find out that Alice sees something bad approaching, but it is not revealed and they're being secretive about this towards Bella. They do not want to scare Bella. Bella then visits her mom in Florida with Edward, which I wish we could have seen more of because Florida is so sunny and Edward was there, but we do see a pretty cool moment where Edward is inside while Bella and her mom have a mother daughter moment. Her mom is worried about her choices and whether or not they are her own. Bella also receives a sentimental gift from the mom, and she is realizing the weight of her choices in becoming a vampire and how she won't be able to see her anymore once she has changed. And now jump to we see Victoria from the last movie. She is back and she is running through the woods. Wolves and vampires are chasing her, but there is a treaty line. They are not allowed to cross that line. However, Emmett Cullen jumps over the line and tussles with Paul, who is a wolf. This is a big note. The next day, in the high school parking lot, Jake shows up and he threatens Edward sort of. He says that Emmett crossed their line and that is not okay. Bella is confused because she has no idea what's going on, Like I said, and she had no idea that Victoria was back. Bella's mad. She jumps on the bike and goes on a ride with Jake. Next we see the wolf pack again. We meet a new woman named Leah. Leah is Harry's daughter, the guy who died in the last movie from a heart attack that was caused by Victoria, but she lifted him in the air. He died from that. Lea, it is not like Bella, Jacob explains Leah's situation. Turns out, Leah was in a relationship with another pack member, but it had to end because that pack member imprinted on a different woman. And this is where we learn about imprinting. Bella asked Jake if he has imprinted, and he says, you'd know, oh if I did. So it's left unclear slash ambiguous on purpose. And then Jake also finds out that Bella plans to become a vampire and that upsets him a lot, and he says some hurtful stuff to her. Cut to uh the guy from earlier, the guy who was getting attacked by a vampire. His name is Riley. He is now a newborn vampire and he is snooping around Bella's house and he's getting her sent. Shortly after, Edward comes over and he smells that a vampire has been there. He does not know why, and Alice cannot confirm either, but it is troublesome. This causes the vampires and wolves to talk and work together to protect Bella taking shifts basically. Next, we see Bella attend a council meeting with the wolves, which is a big deal because they don't let outsiders in to learn about their history or anything like that. Here she learns about the history of their magical powers. We learn that their powers kick in when there's vampires nearby. We also learn about long ago there is a tribe that was under attack by a vampire who was seeking revenge for her partner that was killed by one of the wolves. We learn about a woman who cut herself so that the vampire attacking their tribe would be distracted long enough to be defeated, and I think this is important to remember foreshadowing. Next we see a bunch of newborn vampires in Seattle and it's causing a statewide, area wide panic of serial killings disappearances in the area, and they're garnering way too much attention, and the working theory at this point is that the VULTUREA is behind it in order to get the Cullen family killed besides Alice and Edward, because they want them to join them. Alice and Edward have very good powers, the future telling and mind reading very powerful. That's just the working theory. Next scene, we see Jake and Bella hanging out. Jake is ah not taking no for an answer when it comes to her love for him, and he forces a kiss on her and she punches him in the face, but war wolves are very strong doesn't even He doesn't even flinch or react, but she does hurt her hand and this causes Edward to be super angry at Jacob next time they meet up, but of all people, Charlie breaks up their altercation all right. Cut to the Cullens house. Carlyle, the doctor of the family, is bandaging Bella and she says she hurt it by punching a werewolf. Emmett the brother loves this and he says basically, oh, wait till you're a newborn, because she'll be so much stronger, and this visibly triggers Rosalie, who walks out of the room, and then cut to Bella and Rosalie talking just to see why she was upset, and we get to see Rosalie's backs, which is very sad, and we learn that she's resentful of her life as a vampire, mostly because she wants that idealistic husband, family, etc. And we see a flashback of her in her human form long ago with her fiance, and then another scene where she's walking in the street and her fiance is drunk with his friends and he assaults her in front of them and presumably is assaulted by all of them and left for dead in the street, and this is where Carlisle finds her and changes her in order to save her life. That's sort of his whole thing. But there is a cool scene where you get to see Rosalie seek revenge and she kills all the men that assaulted her, which was cool. And then she's also in a wedding dress the night that she kills her fiance, So I like that for her. But I think the whole emphasis on this is that she does not want Bella to be a vampire still, as you could tell from the last movie, because she doesn't want to be one either. She wants a normal life and she wants Bella to have a normal life. All right, back to the newborn situation happening in Seattle. They are still being reckless. However, it is confirmed that the Vulture are aware of this happening, and although they're supposed to be stopping it, they are not. They are allowing this to happen. All right, it's graduation time. Now we get see Bella and the Cullens graduate. Alice throws a huge party. As she does. The whole school is there. Even Jake shows up with some fellow wolf pack members and he apologizes for forcing a kiss on her. He also gives her bracelet with a wolf charm on it, which is sweet. Shortly after, Alice has a vision about these newborns and they're all taking turns getting Bella sent from the blouse that Riley, the Newborn leader, stole from her room. So it turns out the newborns are coming to Forks, especially to find Bella. This causes the Cullens and wil to have a brief meeting at the party and they decide to team up to fight the Newborn army together and then, presumably the next day, they begin training for this battle with a newborn army, and Jasper Cullen, Edward's brother, is leading this training session, and this is where we learn about Jasper's backstory. It turns out he was a Confederate officer in the Civil War. However, he was changed by a woman named Maria who manipulated him to do her bidding. So basically, he had to construct a newborn army way back when when he was first changed, and that is why he's so versed in training for this upcoming newborn battle. After learning this, Bella has a dream that reveals to her that Maria and Jasper's story is very similar to Victoria and Riley's story, So this proves that Victoria is behind this newborn army, and she is still very vengeful for the death of me, So Bella convinces Edward to stay by her side while she hides out during the newborn battle that's coming up in a few days, as Alice has predicted, and then cut to a brief Charlie Bella moment very fun. Charlie tries to have the talk with her and she hates it, and she also reveals that she's a virgin, which obviously Dad Charlie approves of and loves. So yeah, that newborn battles approaching, and Bella and Edward have suddenly a night alone at the Collen house. Edward gives her a bracelet for her other arm, clearly jealous of Jack's present that's on her arm, the wolf pendant. And then also there's a moment where Bella wants him to take her virginity and Edward says no. Unsurprisingly, he's so old school and also afraid of hurting her because he's so strong. He wants marriage first, and he wants to save her soul. He talks about how back in his day he would have courted her a very old school style, but he does officially propose to her with a ring and she says yes, and then brief cut to the Newborn Army once again. Riley's there and he's being manipulated by Victoria, just as Bella predicted. All right, it's the day before the battle, the Newborn Battle. Jake has to carry Bella to a tent where she'll be hiding. This is in order to hide her scent. Her scent is hidden with his own wolf stink. We also find out that he's staying there for the night and Edward will be there as well. So it's Edward, Jake, and Bella all staying in this tent the night before the battle. And it's freezing and Edward cannot help her because you know, vampires are cold skinned, So reluctantly, Edward allows Jake to cuddle her to keep her warm, because wolves have warm bodies. Cut to an Edward and Jake moment. Huge moment in the tent. Bella is asleep. We think Jake and Edward are talking about Bella. Jake is insisting that Bella loves him and pleading for Edward not to change her. He says something along the lines of you have to consider that I might be better for her than you are, and I think Edward believes that too. But Edward is nice to Jake though, and he admits that he would like him if he wasn't trying so much to get with Bella. In this moment, to me was important because they're just showing each other's humility and empathy, which you don't really see before. They've hated each other so much up until this moment, and there's just a good moment between them. I think Bella was listening to That's why I don't think she was asleep. I think she was kind of like listening to them talk. Okay, it's the next night. It's the day of the battle. Before he leaves a fight, Jake finds out that Edward and Bella are getting married, and this makes him very upset, and also Edward purposefully let him find that out, and Bella's super upset about it too, and she's worried that this will affect his performance in the Newborn Battle. And then we have a huge Bella and Jake moment. Finally, Bella gives permission for Jake to kiss her on like before he forced it on her, And for me, I feel like this just to make him feel better about the situation and to not let him not perform as as bad as he maybe would have otherwise. But she does love him, it's obvious, and she kisses him back as she's into it, and it's a moment. And Edward knew about it the whole time because he could read his thoughts and he didn't really care, and Bella does after reassure him that Bella loves Edward Moore. So Team Edward. Okay, huge battle scene happening. Wolves and vampires are working together, which is a big deal, and they're killing this newborn army very easily. Looking the head shattering is awesome to me. We also see a young newborn girl part of the army, but she's not participating and she's watching from the sidelines, kind of scared, and we see her be approached by Carlyle and esme, you know, Carlyle, he empathizes with people, he doesn't, you know. He wants to do what's good, all right. Cut to the tent again where Bella and Edward are still hiding. Turns out Riley and Victoria have picked up on Edward's scent and they have located them Edward tries to convince Riley that Victoria is manipulating him for her own revenge arc, but Riley does not care. However, a wolf Seth was hanging around the tent area and attacks Riley, who was about to lunge for Edward slash Bella. However, Victoria does try to run away, and Edward beckons her to stay and fight. This is her chance to get her revenge. Now cue the big Victoria and Edward fight what we've all been waiting for. There comes a moment where things aren't looking good for Edward Harbor. Bella takes note from her history lesson with the council meeting. She cuts herself like that one in the Tribe in the beginning of the movie to distract the vampires because of her blood is so tasty. This lets Edward get the upper hand and Riley is also taken down by the wolf. Finally, and Victoria obviously doesn't care this. Victoria never cared about Riley, and then finally Edward b head's Victoria, which was cool. After Edward and Bella finally leave the hideout and they go to the Newborn battle area because we find out that Alice saw the Vulture approaching, so they get there and they witness a loose newborn that was still around and it attacks Leah, the one female wolf from earlier that we met, which Jacob jumps in to help with. They're both in wolf form at this moment, and Jacob is badly, badly injured by this newborn and he's rushed out of there before the Vulturi arrive. It is important that the Vulturi does not know about the pact with the wolves because their enemies. So the newborn battle is over now, no more newborns at least the battle. So the Vulturi arrive as Alice predicted, and they act like they had nothing to do with this battle. They are impressed by the cullens Uh defeating it before they could get to it, even though they weren't planning to help anyways, and the Vulturi do notice the newborn girl who I talked about earlier who was on the sidelines and Jane. Jane Vulturi member uses her power to cause pain to her and Carlisle pleads to spare her. However, Vulturi style to assert their dominance and to be needlessly violent, they kill the newborn girl and They also asked why Bella isn't a vampire yet because the last movie they said she would be, But Bella says a date is set and the churry leave. That night, at Wolf headquarters, Bella visits Jake, who is streaming in pain while Carlyle does doctor stuff on him. Jake comes to terms with Bella not choosing him. Finally, however, Bella does admit that she does truly love him, and Jake says some good lines in this. He says, it would be as easy as breathing with me, and I'll always be waiting, and he does say that he'd maybe still wait for her even if she was a vampire, which is a huge deal. Jake loves her still. Now. At the end of the movie, we're in the Famous Meadow once again. Bella and Edward are together having a loving moment. They're talking about the date for the wedding and how Alice will plan everything, and in this moment, Bella has decided that this choice she's making for herself and it's not all about Edward, and this is her come to terms moment where she truly feels like this is her destiny to be a vampire, and she says something along the lines of this wasn't a choice between you and Jacob. It was a choice between who I should be and who I am. And Edward loves this answer and he's happy it's not all about him, obviously, because he has so much guilt over her soul. And then there's a cute ending where she's like, we have something very hard to do now, and that's to tell Charlie that they're getting married, and he puts the ring on her finger, and that's the end.
Speaker 2: Nicely done. Do you want to put in here though, that we did have a bedroom scene and it's as Mormon as you can guess in this level in which I get it. I get it. She's trying. She's like, I feel like I've tried to take away a virtue she's denied because her thought her to go was Okay, we can get married, but I want to have sex.
Speaker 3: While that was important to her, Yes, that's a good point to bring up. She wants to have human sex and he's afraid of hurting her, yes, because he's so strong most humanness.
Speaker 2: She said, I want to do it like whatever, and he was like, not right now, I'll keep your clothes on I stop trying to take off your clothes. Such a lie, and because that will come up as a thing for breaking dawn and you're welcome.
Speaker 4: Big and true blood.
Speaker 1: Where like that one vampire didn't have sex, she's like a virgin, so every time she had sex, Yeah, as a vampire.
Speaker 2: It hurt because it would heal. Yeah every time. Yeah, that's not how this marks y'all. Every time, But like they break the hymen is the idea.
Speaker 4: Right right, right, that's not quite that was the thing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so here with this as where like vampires are specifically sexualized in most renditions, here they are not. We have the wholesome and honestly, when you break down, I think we've did this with again Twilight. When we talk about Twilight his controlling behavior, and we know it's all to protect her, but you're like, bro, you're telling her she can't go hang out with people. You won't. You disabled her car so she could not go see somebody like you are right there saying like, oh, we're going to Florida and then like manipulating her to tell her father that we're doing this. I was like, in reality, this is not a good relationship, y'all. But we'll come back to that. I did want to try something because I think it's it's something that we should do. And I've been going back and forth listeners because it's so cheesy, but you know how we love doing a good rendition or a read through, especially of classics like this. So I thought we would do that with both New Moon and Eclips and I took out a few of the dialogues that had all three of the main characters, Jacob, Edward, and Bella with some of the fun fun bits. But because I was like, I don't want to take this away from Christina, because Christina, really she has been a loyal, loyal fan in this, so I think you need to assign who plays what because I was gonna at first I had it, and I was like, no, no, no, because like I don't know, Christina, if you want to be Bella or if you want to be Edward like in the in the talk like not in real life. I know you're not to that level, but like like playing these characters. Because I'm not gonna lie. Here's a real honest, embarrassing confession. I would actually read these books out loud sometimes as the characters to see if I could do the Lions justice because I sounded so great that I'm like, I want to see if I can do this, and I could not.
Speaker 3: Just an FYI, no, same embarrassing admission for me is that me and my cousins when the First Twilight came out, we would reenact the scene in the woods where she's like where he's like, I'm a killer or whatever, and we filmed it on some but so bad. But for this I will be Edward.
Speaker 2: You would be Edward. Okay, well you need to assign the rest, like who am I? And who are they?
Speaker 3: Samantha, you are Jacob and Annie Isabella. This makes the most.
Speaker 2: Sense, I think it does. Actually, that's exactly how I had cast it in originally. Did I tell you this? Why? Yes, this was my head. I was like, this is who was? But then I was like, I don't want to take that away from Christina because maybe she wants to be Bella in this line. So this is the scene in which Edward h comes back from New Moon with from the Vultuies and they run into Jacob. Okay, so right scene, Okay, you stay the hell out of my head.
Speaker 3: Jacob. I know you have something to say to me, but I'd like to say something to you, if that's all right. Thank you, Thank you for keeping Bella alive when I didn't.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't, and it wasn't for your benefit. Trust me.
Speaker 3: I'm still grateful. But I'm here now. I'm not leaving her side until she orders me away.
Speaker 2: Oh we'll see, and it's my turn to talk. I'm here to remind you of a key point in the treaty.
Speaker 3: I haven't forgotten what key point.
Speaker 2: If any of them bites a human, the truth is over.
Speaker 4: But if I choose, it has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: No, I won't let you. You're not going to be one of them, Bella.
Speaker 4: It's not up to you.
Speaker 2: You know what will do to you. I won't have a choice. Bella, come please?
Speaker 4: No is he going to hurt me? Read his mind?
Speaker 3: Assures her.
Speaker 2: Insane.
Speaker 4: The awards coming.
Speaker 2: And we're still gonna get this yet. Yeah, I think we all did it. Amazing job. And with that, do you want to stick with this because we're gonna do a little bit of eclipse after they discovered some other vampire had been in Bella's house. And by the way, there's a scene in which Riley goes over to Charlie to sniff, and that is actually a part of the book. Like there's this whole like moment of like, you know, she's freaking out because she's thinking he was in danger and he was technically Charlie, good old.
Speaker 3: Childie, Charlie. My mom loved Charlie, as you.
Speaker 2: Said, everybody, everybody loved Charlie. He was the him And I want to say some of the wolf Pack and Emmett were the like comedic rights in this in this scene. So are we keeping the same characters? Yeah, Christina, Okay, So here we go from a clips, Here we go. See whoever it was he left his think behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here.
Speaker 3: We don't need you to handle anything for anyone.
Speaker 2: I could care less what you need.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, and we'll all work together. Come on, we've all got the same goals here, right to catch the bad vampires.
Speaker 2: Like there's a difference.
Speaker 3: All right, we're done here.
Speaker 2: No, you're done here.
Speaker 4: Stop let go. I'm tired of this. From now on. I'm Switzerland. Okay. I know you guys don't like each other, but we've got bigger problems. Lots of them, and this is just one temporary solution if you'd be willing to try.
Speaker 2: My favorite is the Switzerland line, and it just out of nowhere when she did.
Speaker 3: It's so funny, and I think people were teams Switzerland, like it was Team Edward, team Jacob, Team Switzerland. I forgot about Team Switzerland.
Speaker 2: I forgot because it's like, wait what, wait what? Oh y'all, thank you for going down this embarrassing road with us. Listeners, Please feel free to never listen to that again because you probably have secondhand embarrassment. This movie also had. Again, we talked about the controversies, and I didn't We didn't talk about the fact that they brought in some really like a less celebrities in this one, including uh Dakota Fanning who actually was in talks at that point of her and Christen Stewart doing Cherrybaum, which was the movie based on the Runways. Uh so the last thing people were really excited because you also had that, and then you had what's his name from the Vultur.
Speaker 4: I thought that was it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I've never seen these obviously, And by the way, listeners, if you're listening to this and you're like me, please go back and listen to the first one. Yeah, because you might be really killed. Yes, but this was this meme that I've seen for years. I've never known where it came from. Of the voltire and it's like, oh, that's word.
Speaker 3: Can I say something? I dressed as one of them for Halloween one year. I had read contacts and everything, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael Sheen coming in as this like he again jik. Of course he also had come from underworld, yeah, where he was a vampire right, No, he was a was he a vampire or was he a were wolf? He was a were wolf where he met his then wife. But like all these things, we also had Jamie Campbell Bauer, who he's such a minor character as one of the Vultoi, the main three, but he's actually also a minor character from Harry Potter paying in an older wizard that you only see in a flash fight. But everybody was so excited for this crossover that was happening. They thought, like this is this is so good, And each and every one of these movies were at least like making. I think New Moon was at number nine of the best selling movie at number nine, like the most money of two thousand and nine until the Harry Potter franchise came out and then that beat that one out, and then we had the same thing happened with Eclipse, which was like the seventh highest gross grossing movie, and then Harry Potter movie came out and it knocked it out as well. But yeah, so we had all these like bigger actors being a part of these later franchises that everybody was freaking out about with the most minor rules until later, like Michael Sheen does play bigger part, so does the Coda Fanning Dakota Fanning really making like her character so menacing even though she's the most adorable thing in the whole wide world essentially. But yeah, you had a lot of that. And then also yes, the Bryce Dallas Howard coming in taking it all over the character of Victoria from the original Victoria, and like the publicity would like, it was pretty ugly because they're like, oh, she has scheduling conflict, and then it turned out she's like, what, No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Remember this, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Did I get recast? Like she literally found out that way, And then it turned out that Bryce Dallas Howard had been originally asked to play Victoria from Jump, but she turned it down and then came back, so it was like whoa drama? So yeah, so many good things, y'all. Is fantastic. Thank you for indulging me, Christina. You did an amazing job with that one. We do want to talk about some of the themes and tropes within this movie, because that's what we do for these movies. Obviously, we have the trope of the love triangle, and it's always the werewolf in a vampire always.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the perfect duo, is it?
Speaker 2: Why do they always come together?
Speaker 3: There are enemies? There's something there about that human vampire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like they were because like maybe it's just the one other one. Maybe it's because I've watched that in True Blood and they're always like opposing each other. I don't know. But we have the love triangle of course, with her loving both of them. But you have the main lead, which is gonna always be Robert Pattinson for this, and of course that whole story of them having the ultimate chemistry that has kind of fallen apart since then. That you have all of that, and then you have people backing home different people.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yes, the teams. I would get in fights with people as a teenager about what team you're on. And also just like Edward and Jacob sort of like I don't know, doing things to make each other jealous. Like there's several moments of that throughout both movies, like Edward tissing her in front of him super passionately on purpose, but also Jacob being shirtless and hot and hugging her, and the cuddling scene in the tent and the thoughts he was having that he knew Edward could read, and then the tissing he did of her twice and the bracelet thing, you know, she had one arm had a wolf on it and the other had whatever diamond thing that Edward got her.
Speaker 2: The giant diamond. Yeah, but how She's like, is this the pretty stone still a favorite? But it's supposed to represent like the ruggedness versus like the very like, shiny, unattainable beautiful thing. So yes, we had that. The Okay, this is just a small side thing, and I just I have to have so many questions. But like with the werewolf versus vampire, the territories and the fact that the werewolves were all like Native Indigenous people who were protecting their territory as they should. But mom, like this was at all racist, the fact that like the Native Indigenous people are keep being called dogs and smelly in a hairy I'm like, can you calm down? Like I canuet you also wants to hate each other, But y'all start to get real, like this could good.
Speaker 3: I mean I thought about that with the scene where they did like the history lesson of the werewolf, uh and basically they were colonized by vampires, Like.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do absolutely like the vampires are clearly like white people, So yeah.
Speaker 2: Who could came taking over their land and their children and killing everybody? That was just a side note that I'm like, I think there's been a little bit of controversy in the way that Stephanie Meyers portrayed the characters and making sure they are very falllessly white and like like that was the beauty standard. So everybody was like, yeah, so pale, you need a backtrack, You need to backtrack all that, and then to try and have Laurent, who is the only at this point a person of color, as a vampire because we'll see more. And by the way, it's also a little bit shady, like when it come the representation, you're like, wait, what's happening? But anyway, but like try to like, you know, this is what this looks like and still making him look almost caricaturish as a person of color, You're like, bow way, Again, that could have been more of the movie decisions rather than the book, but she seemed to be okay with it. Another theme is that whole commitment marriage relationships and about virginity and souls. Like that whole thing was like.
Speaker 3: Wow, like religious undertoned for sure. I mean, virginity is so important to him, and yeah, he just cannot possibly break that.
Speaker 2: One rule you know that's gonna say her soul. Yeah, let's protect to virginity. If nothing else that the murder not so.
Speaker 4: Much, nothing else.
Speaker 1: But he's like one hundred years old.
Speaker 3: He's so old school. He wanted to ask Charlie for her mission. He would have done it different if it was nineteen oh one, you know, the iced tea.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't think he was southern was but like the it did make me laugh at all of this level, like who the main character was and why he was so idealized, of course, which is why translated into fifty shades of gray, the dominant, controlling, protective, uh, saving of her virtue, all these things like very like male patriarchy, religiously male patriarchy. That you're like, you have an idea of what you think is the standard. And again, like if you looked at what he did, like if you wrote down the things he did and the way he acted, you'd be like, yeah, this is not helped me. This is very toxic. Is Jacob any better, because all he is is like anger, a ball of anger and constantly blowing up. Yeah, but then coming back with that I'm sorry. It's like it's constantly blowing up, I'm sorry, blowing out upsid like none of these things are great for men.
Speaker 3: Yes, just so we know, I know, I was thinking a lot about if you remember Emily, one of the wolf Pack's wives. Yes, she has a scar on her face, Yes, supposedly lose from like an accident from a fight though regardless, but it's kind of just like, oh, this thing happened to her. She got scarred horrifically by her husband, So that's interesting. So like, either party has their faults and when it comes to how they treat women they.
Speaker 2: Love right and also how little they trust them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's really interesting that essentially you have like.
Speaker 1: Edward the vampire, who's the dangerous he's so attracted to her, he's a smell he'll lose control. And then you have the werewolf and the danger is he's so projective it's gonna get angry. But it's all like her causes these things right in men that we see all the time. I thought that was really interesting because it's kind of like too of like being either you're blamed for being like, oh you were tanked up, oh no, or oh wow you did you said something he didn't like and he got mad?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's like interestingly romanticized, and that's a conversation. Yeah, and I think more and more like as we are enjoying all these things, and again I liked it a lot, and then you start backing tracking, like.
Speaker 1: It's also like I felt bad for Bella, but I was like, girl, you gotta you're like gonna kill her.
Speaker 3: So just it hurts.
Speaker 4: I know it hurts, but we've got to do something about.
Speaker 3: Did meet there so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Another theme in Trope is of course the revenge aspect. Uh. We had Victoria coming in doing everything and then like having to manipulate other underlings to do get her revenge.
Speaker 3: And it's just like the Jasper story, same type of thing, I think. But yeah, and the Wolf Floor had revenge in their plot as well. That's why that is why they don't trust. Yeah, they got attacked. And the Rosalie story had revenge in it too, which I loved the you know, her getting revenge in all the men that left her for dead, Yes, essentially. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we of course have the power aspect with who is more powerful between the walls and the like I can run faster, I can do this, I can get you, I can the back, very macho competition.
Speaker 3: I do like the the power that they show for women, for like Maria and Jasper. Maria that the person who changed Jasper and his lore, she had control over him, and Victoria and Riley they mirror each other. Victoria had so much power over Riley, and then Jane, the young Jane Dakota Fanning. She had so much power in the Vulture and everybody was obviously intimidated by her, So I do like that they gave, like some women, a bunch of power.
Speaker 2: Strength. Unfortunately, the Valtori heads are all three men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very of course, weird, weirdly.
Speaker 2: Placed the men one has monotonin, wants to die, the other one who does could care less in the mid one who was really too excited Michael Stene, you're too excited.
Speaker 3: I love the younger the younger man who has like a Justin Bieber haircut, like that's the hair you're having. And Italy right.
Speaker 1: Hey, trends, vampires are not a huge trends, Christina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all have the drums.
Speaker 2: Of course, we have an introduction of vulture and the makeup of what's coming. Yes, and Jane and her leadership and her cruelty. As we saw the young new vampire Brie, which was also I don't know, Christine, did you see I don't know. Maybe I just got some real like getting excited for the movies that I would look him up. But Brie when she was cast, everybody was super excited and built her up. And even though those who had read the book knew what was coming, was hoping she would have more scenes and she didn't poor thing, But everybody was really excited when she was gins because she looks so cute. There's no reason, no reason, that was it. I think she was a Disney star at one point or something, right, So yeah, and people were really excited to see what she would do with a role. And then again with the same character who played Leah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish Leah got more time too. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: She may be more in the next she is, she is a little bit more of the next. But like her character, everybody was really really excited about because yeah, there wasn't many. She was the only female woman wolf that was coming in, and of course they had to make her look really bitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she hated Bella. I guess you know.
Speaker 2: She hated Bella. She hated all werewolves because if it wasn't for the vampires, werewolves did not exist. If were wolves did not exist, they would not imprint, and if they did not imprint, she would be marrying Sam, who she was still very much in love with. That was that whole level, So you kind of understood this for her. And it was Julia Jones, who is actually I've seen her in several things recently with taking on a lot of Native Indigenous roles, which is awesome, love to see it. I think she may have been on the uh the Newest True Detective. But yeah, so I could be brob. But Julia Jones actually was bigger. Oh she was actually in Mandalorian. She was a Mendalorian. I believe. I remember being really excited, like she looks super familiar. I believe that's what she was in. People can tell me I'm wrong, but she was a native Indigenous person coming in, coming in pretty strong, and everybody was really excited and hoping to see her more roles. But yeah, like the portrayal not glowing for women in these movies. Again, they get a little better. We do see a little more with Bella as the time comes, and her decision making and taking on some strengths. Oh, y'all, we also to end this off, because we do. We're wrapping it up. I think Christina, you're doing an amazing job. And so that you're here, did you you sent us a quiz, a BuzzFeed quiz, yes, about what characters we were? All right? Did Annie? Did you take this quiz? You read it for this all right? So I'm gonna go ahead and tell y'all my result. Which, by the way, y'all, if you get a chance to find this BuzzFeed quiz uh that's titled which top Twilight character are you? Because the questions are ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Pretty obvious.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm like, if you say you want to drink blood, obviously you're trying.
Speaker 2: Also, maybe we should have you on registree human delicious. That's that was one of the answers. But yes, I came up to be Charlie Swan. That's all right, right, I'm the cool dude. Just keep being your adorable oblive yourself. Also your daughters. Now never mind, I'm gonna tell you that part, and you're yeah, you don't need to know that. I can't tell you that, like giving away to Annie the plot.
Speaker 3: I need to add that during my obsession with Twilight, my mom was very also into it too, and she would attend all the movie premieres with us. I think she even read all the books, like after I was done with them, and she loved Charlie. You know, I think parents loved Charlie. He was like, all, I think this.
Speaker 2: Is what I was thinking, because I'm not gonna lie. One of the things that I thought about between this and Harry Potter the movie, not necessarily the books, We're not talking about that, but the fact that like the acting. The acting, and I think most of the younger those who have grown up from these franchises will admit this as well was not great. All of the acting is really really, really really bad, and a lot of it had to do even though there weren't children, there were teenagers or older, and you would think it would be better, but it quite wasn't. They quite didn't get there. But the differences between the Harry Potter movie and the Twilet movie is that Harry Potter had caliber, adult, seasoned actors that were at the forefront. So it wasn't just the kids all around doing things. So you had that level of conversations that came in and like really helped the younger generations with a come to life as where this one is more focused. Twilight is more focused on the newer, uh less experienced actors as taking the entire movie. So it doesn't feel as Charlie did, but like, yeah, you had Charlie, he's.
Speaker 3: A pretty seasoned actor. Yeah, Charlie, he was the people.
Speaker 2: Charlie he's bad guys and some of other stuff.
Speaker 3: Arlie, why are you a villain?
Speaker 2: But the but the uh who you uh elders. Those actors are seasoned actors do and they were obviously a different caliber too, but you just don't see much of them acting, and so you're like, damn it, just having that kind of love.
Speaker 3: We needed more of them, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but having that was a little different to this. But yes, Charlie, apparently I am a curmudgeon that threatens people with gun.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can say what I was now, and I'm so happy with my answer. I didn't even try to get you know, I could have put I love drinking blood, but I was real about I was real in my answers, and I got Alice, who was one of the best.
Speaker 2: I love Alice's character. I think like actually Green really tried, but she didn't understand that. Like the first one, she was a little better actually, like maybe because of the way it's written that she's just like Flighty and just really nonchalant and even when she is concerned, it's still nonchalant.
Speaker 3: She's so important, but like Alice is op.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Annie, what was your answer?
Speaker 4: I got? Carlisle.
Speaker 3: I love so amazing. I love Carlile's He's amazing. Carlisle is one of the best too.
Speaker 1: It's funny because you know, I haven't like read or scene, so I was like, this is good. But it was like, you're compassionate and you care about people and you want to protect people and use.
Speaker 3: Yeah mine said I was like the life of the party and stuff which I don't know about, but I'll take it away. I love Alice. I could see it for you, you as Carlyle and Samantha as Charlie.
Speaker 2: Apparently I'm oblivious, so there's that. Okay, okay, it's fine. It's I'm fine.
Speaker 3: And Alice Charlie, I mean, Charlie loves.
Speaker 2: Out charlietally loves Alice, and that is so Annie. You're I will say, you're at least like two thirds of the way in maybe three fits. We'll see three fits. It is because that's five movies. You're three fits of the way and tell user your review.
Speaker 4: They're fun, They're fun.
Speaker 1: I've had a good time watching them. I've had a lot of fun moments. Do you want to I'm excited to get to the end, and then I have some like overarching thoughts I want to discuss okay, but yeah, I will admit I've been nervous.
Speaker 4: I know it. I was like, I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: To me, But okay, the question is what team are you?
Speaker 4: And oh, oh, I'm team Neither. I'm teen Switzerland.
Speaker 3: People were might have been Team Bella. I wonder if that it might have been a thing too, see Neither.
Speaker 2: It was like I was. I think I was team Edward as well because I love the sulky Yeah, take care of you, the ideals. But in the end, I think I was really team Leah in the Team Seth. I loved Seth and Lea, and I think it was like towards the end where I really really love them. But I like she was annoying for sure, but I feel like and she was made that way, but I feel like there's absolute reason as to why. And yeah, we didn't talk about the fact that there's were wolf packed telepathy and we're thinking here, which are those thoughts even if they don't want it when they're all wolves, and it's really unfortunate because it's and then she's in the pack with her ex, who she's still absolutely in love with, so he hears everything, which is that's a nightmare.
Speaker 3: I just I wish I would let her imprint somebody. I don't think that ever happened, but they never do.
Speaker 1: I have to say, because again I've read a lot of fan fiction, but a lot of this is like very fan fiction ing I've never heard in print before, and now like I've seen it in fan fiction now, I'm like, this is where it came from.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: It gets like it gets really sketchy, and you're like, maybe you shouldn't do it that way. Don't do that, Why don't do that?
Speaker 1: I do want to clarify my those guys statement in that I can understand why people are into them, like I I done. I've read liked those things. Yeah, so I I totally do get it. But my viewpoint at this state point is no, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: I mean as a tea, as a tween, I was so team Edward. But yeah, obviously I look at it now, I'm like, uh, you know, yeah, but I'll let you just be on our own.
Speaker 1: Maybe you shouldn't do this anymore, don't do that after it, man, I do definitely want to come back and talk about like my weirdness of vampire stuff.
Speaker 4: In general of like you're eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, forever again okay, just to kind of that preview of like this is how imprinting is also, like, yes, why I Pickayah, this has been a fun journey. I can't wait to finish it out.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm so. I'm excited. I've like because I've heard hints of what happens. Yes, so I'm really really excited. We'll definitely do that soon. Hopefully we can make a thing of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Christina, you did an amazing job. Thank you so much for hopping on and joining us in this adventure.
Speaker 3: I was more than happy.
Speaker 4: So yes, it was really cool too because I can just tell you're an editor because you were like, so they go over here and then I love it. So thank you, thank you, Thank you so much, Christina, and we'll we'll do it again. Yes.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, listeners, oh my gosh, if you have any thoughts about this opinions, please let us know. You can email us a stephaniea mom stuff at iHeartMedia dot com. You can find us on Twitter at most podcast, or on Instagram and TikTok at Stuffhe never told you. We have a tea public store and we have a book you can get wherever you get your books. Thanks is always too, our saper producer Christina A Yah, Yes, our executive producer Maya, and our conjurter Joey, who we should also invite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joey loves Twilight, so we should have been for the viewing. Yeah, maybe for the next one.
Speaker 4: Yes, some different opinions for us. And thanks to you for listening stuff I never told me. You's protection by heart Radio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from my heart Radio, you can check out the heart Radio app Apple Podcasts wherever you listen to your favorite shows.