Speaker 1: Some morning show you better known as the People's Choice.
Speaker 2: This sluto on my life skin brothers out there, it's just hilarious. That's for the world. I ask, just don't do you know why?
Speaker 3: Charlemagne the talk you to tell everybody come to the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: I call mister hot seat yo yolo breakfast club. It's yeah, America's from port.
Speaker 4: Don't feel like my miss busins.
Speaker 1: I never thought to me every time I go to a revers club, I have know from be like a good man.
Speaker 2: I'm getting good morning Usa.
Speaker 5: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo jess hilarious. Hi, Charlemagne, the god piece to the planet.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I'm going to human resources today.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: D The Mike's not alright? You Mike's still not already. I'm going to human resources today. This is what the third day, the fourth day in the row. Then my co hosts are out here.
Speaker 2: When we cracked this mic check check, there we go. What's up? Wreck? What the hell is going on out there? The malayed A couple of days this week.
Speaker 1: Now we let Jess Hilarisla because of course Jess's pregnant. But come on, Charlamagne. Usually I can make an excuse. I can say, well, you know, Charlotte, sometimes you need gas in the morning. You gotta decide whether you're gonna get gas for your call and make it on time.
Speaker 2: But did I use that excuse already?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 6: Mac?
Speaker 1: How you feeling You're morning? Hey, I'm trying to figure out what's going on. I'm going to human resources after that.
Speaker 2: Every Friday, I don't know what's going on here. Well, happy Friday. A lot going on today.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if you've heard, but Future and Metro Woman released another album, We Still Don't Trust You, And it seems like everybody is beating up Drake.
Speaker 2: They're jumping Drake at this point. It's a light skinny thing. No, it's not right. Is a lifskened thing. It's not right.
Speaker 1: It's not fair. They gotta stop, like we gotta have a one on one. He can't just keep jumping on the album. I see a sap, a sap has a verse, a sap rock as.
Speaker 2: A verse going at Drake.
Speaker 1: That's this truck, right, seems like it is seems like the weekend through some balls at Drake.
Speaker 2: Look ever, since that he clips, everybody been acting up. This beef is gotten, is out of control. That of course that's big Max for a whiling out. You know one of the producers up.
Speaker 7: Here, I just didn't want you talking to yourself.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: J cole is on the album How was J Cole on the album? Hey colech just did a tour with Drake.
Speaker 2: Ain't flowing to pause? Is this old J Cole? Or is this new? J? Cole?
Speaker 8: This is?
Speaker 2: This is like he just paid off his student loan, J Cole, So this is it seems like an old verse? Yeah right, you know the vibe is it's definitely a new verse. But the vibe is definitely right after paying you Sally may Off.
Speaker 1: I heard it. But he's not throwing shots at Drake. But still, Jesus Christ, Drake's gonna have to respond to everybody. He's gonna have to He's just gonna have to just go at ward with everybody. It's just gonna be Drake rusta well and I get it. You can't keep beating up my life, skin brother like that what's up Charlamagne stuff? No, No, here's the thing, y'all, y'all gas you gotta say good morning.
Speaker 2: First, well, good morning everybody, y'all gassing it.
Speaker 3: Like ninety five percent of this stuff that y'all saying is this is ain't even this is I don't. I think he did, but I couldn't really catch it. But about the weekend, I that don't sound like it just to me. Who else they said? I saw him saying J Cole, like J Cole throwing shot that Kendrick. No, he wasn't responding to the beef or something like that in the week Here's the thing. They're trying to gas up Drake to do something.
Speaker 2: Drake.
Speaker 3: You got one op out there. His name is Kendrick Lamar. Kendrick is the only one wanting to smoke. Kendrick wants to eat Graham crackers. Okay, everybody else I don't even know what that is. That's not everybody. That's just the internet gas and things. Why do they do that?
Speaker 2: You go online?
Speaker 3: It's just like, uh, weekend, this is Drake, J Cole, this is Kendrick asap rockets.
Speaker 2: Gets it.
Speaker 1: That almost side my life away. So I think that's what I think, Rocky, I think really did district.
Speaker 3: If Rocky did Rocky Old Drake that he did Drake Drake Drake, Yeah, Rocky old Drake.
Speaker 2: That I see you're on the album. You made the album. Uh yeah. Something I said on brand is we should start the show at six o three. I was waiting for you, sir. I've been here. Yeah, right and right now, Well, hold on, before we do it, let's tell the people who's coming on the show today.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: We got Neil Brennan. Comedian and writer Neil Brennan will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: He's got a new Netflix special aut called Crazy Good, Crazy Good.
Speaker 1: And also Michael Eric Dice will be joining us. He's gonna be speaking at the National Action Network convention.
Speaker 2: Here is the team.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you guys could join us this morning. Let's get to the Joe where we get into d Streets made me and King Streets made me a King.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ Envy, Jess, Larry Chelamin the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Let's get in some front page news now. For the first time in five years, taxes are actually doing on tax day? All right, So the federal estate taxes are due Monday now usually because of holidays, weekends and COVID nineteen, they gave you a little extra time, but no taxes are due on Monday. So if you don't have your taxes ready, to file an extension, but you better pay your taxes because they will be charging you. And I know Uncle Sam listens every morning, So good morning to the IRS office at IRS man, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Appreciate you the only people that can stick us up, and ain't nothing we can do about it?
Speaker 2: Okay, not at all.
Speaker 3: By the way, I always say, I wouldn't have no problem paying taxes if I knew exactly what my tax dollars were going, if I could actually see this amount of money that you spent is going here. You know what I actually think they I wish they would do. I wish they would let us pick where we want our money to go. I don't have no problem you know, supporting anyone.
Speaker 1: Well, it would have to be categories though, right, because it would have to be like you know, redoing restructuring the bridges.
Speaker 2: It'd have to be.
Speaker 3: I have no problem with the schools in it I'm fine with that. None of no way it's going to let me choose. Let me choose where my dollars.
Speaker 2: You can't go. They just watch a hypothetical. I mean, how they gonna send money to Ukraine and all those other places that you want money to go over there. Well, that's that's why you can't pick it.
Speaker 3: I want to keep all my money in America, right and if I do, who sends it overseas?
Speaker 2: I want to pick the country you can't send it. He can't say.
Speaker 3: I want to send it to Ghana. Yes, absolutely, right, absolutely. I want to be able to choose where my tax dollars go. That's all I'm simply saying. I probably wouldn't have no problem if I could do that.
Speaker 2: Also, we got to send a resting piece to O. J. Simpson.
Speaker 4: O J.
Speaker 2: Simpson passed away at the age of seventy six.
Speaker 1: He reportedly died after a battle with prostate cancer. You know him professionally, his nickname was the Juice and we just want to send a resting peace to him.
Speaker 2: There was mixed emotions when he passed away yesterday.
Speaker 1: Some people were, you know, rest in peace, and one of the one of the greats when it came to the NFL, and then some people were saying good riddits, But we just want to say rest in peace to O. J.
Speaker 2: Simpsons.
Speaker 3: So strange to watch a bunch of grown ass adults say that it was karma and a man died at seventy six years, seventy six years old from prostate cancer.
Speaker 2: You do realize the.
Speaker 3: Average age of a man a lifespan is probably about seventy four. You do realize that anybody can get prostate cancer.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know why people act like health issues or calma. That's not calma.
Speaker 7: Now, A lot of them know that they coming up on the seventies.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, really weird, Like it's just weird to me. It's karma. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: He was seventy six years old and had prostate cancer. That's right, it's called life. It happened right now.
Speaker 1: His family requested privacy and grace during this time of transition on his old J.
Speaker 2: Simpson Twitter slash ex account, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: And also this is something that Charlemagne and I say all the time. You have to go to the doctor. I know sometimes you don't want to go to the doctor. You don't want to know what it is. But some of these things that people are passing away from can be prevented, can be cured, can be stopped. So you have to go to the doctor. It doesn't matter what you are once you get to that age. I know a lot of times we go out, we drink, we have fun and party, but once you start getting older in life, we want to be there for our kids, we want to be there for our family members. So take your ass to the doctor.
Speaker 3: I mean, a prosthetic examine is super uncomfortable, especially when you don't expect one. You know, I want to go get a reseected me consultation and ended up with a PROSTHETICXAM. And you know, I had all types of thoughts going through my head because you know, when they do the sector me consotation, you gotta pull your pants down, they gotta look at your legs and all of that type of stuff. And then the doctor's like, you know what, you need a prostate. I'm like, nah, this man think I'm cute, Like why all of a sudden he's spinning. He's fun. We had a conversation, had a conversation. I googled, I text a few people. I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal.
Speaker 7: It's like boys, over come on, I got time for you call them.
Speaker 3: So you want to have a conversation first before you did, you got damn right. I don't want to ask questions that you should do what your doctor dumb asked.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 2: Just go to your doctor and talk. I mean, let your doctor do anything. You talk to him. Fire it out. But yes, I'm fine. I don't have a pro he slapped you on your ass when it was done. No.
Speaker 3: See, this is why people don't want to get prostetic exams. First of all, you're gonna get, You're gonna give. Youre gonna give positive information.
Speaker 2: Go to the document. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Somebody slapped that doctor.
Speaker 2: Don't slap me your.
Speaker 1: Man, all right, Well that is front page news. Get it off your chest. Eight on drink five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines of wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's discuss something on your mind, whatever it may be. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the breakfast club. Wait, this is your time.
Speaker 10: To get it off your chest eight five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Yeah, here, what's the envy?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 12: Trash?
Speaker 11: I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not in the mood today, y'all. I'm not in the mood today, y'all. Let me tell y'all something. Rember, Okay.
Speaker 11: I think they're a very talented person, very talented lyricis, very talented artist. Charlomagne gave talk you today that people like you you unhealed even.
Speaker 4: Leave call alone.
Speaker 11: Okay, you have surfers, then you have the waves, hold is the raves, And like Charlamagne told you the other day, you're a surfer, leave call alone. You got his care, but you knocked your haird off? What are you calling alone?
Speaker 3: Simba did a freestyle where he just was basically, I guess you could say, throwing shots that cold.
Speaker 2: He was just expressing how you feel about Cole apologizing.
Speaker 11: That's okay, Charlamagne and Charlamagne gave people like him donkey today. So when you go this and to Charlamagne donkey today, he was talking about people like symbols, watching mouth, timber Draft.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about j Cole doing the verse on the Metro Future new album.
Speaker 4: Two months ago. Cole was in the studio with Metro. It was coming, get y'all homework.
Speaker 1: And then you call alone, Okay, you're gonna cry in the car draft Damn Smber basically said, you let the squad down?
Speaker 7: Now he wasn't he tough?
Speaker 2: It was crazy? Yeah? Hello, who's this this night?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Sin Drake from hit like that?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: A shout out to Charlemagne DJ interview that hilario. How y'all doing? Okay? I just wanted to give a notice everybody else. We got a new frequently coming out in Atlanta on a twnioth.
Speaker 2: Y'are doing another freakney.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's Killer Mike hosting it.
Speaker 2: Does anybody in Atlanta know about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Uh, if you go Scottie at l he's posting it and this week you can go to it.
Speaker 2: And what date is it?
Speaker 13: April tioth twenty.
Speaker 2: It's four twenty day.
Speaker 3: That's birthday, right, it's yeah, yeah, and that's that's born day, Mike. Born Day four twenty is to Killer Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get it off your chest, y'all. Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one.
Speaker 2: If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the breakfast Clogan morning the Breakfast Club. It's a new day. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way got whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this bother.
Speaker 4: Morning this year? Boy?
Speaker 13: Get you ran the anonymous beat? You link Tyler from Bart Mitt of playing up town?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 2: What's going off?
Speaker 13: Big Mount?
Speaker 2: Eight four three? What's happening my brother?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 13: Look, I got the trifect before you all. Fifty Friday, the first one I want to get off my chest side far. I was watching the tubing movie and one of the actors was reading your book.
Speaker 2: In the movie world Which one? Which book?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I tell you remember shook one?
Speaker 2: Why you ain't tell me that.
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 13: One of the two movies My dog, the leading the actor is reading your book. When we get back to the mere story, all right, I won't get to love my chest. I was beating the young lady who is you took a picture with she moved from Boston into Charleston, live with me, Jordan mccarr. Her father died rest one hundred racks, and she flipped on me.
Speaker 2: No damn worried.
Speaker 13: And you took a picture with her at the illport that she used to work at. And guess what I got another one, Jeff shicks my nest. The ship goes to the Bahamas, arrive and say she go to the Barbados, and I figned out. She wasn't where she was supposed to be and I didn't go on the trip. Was the third part. I won't get rid of Dunkey today. If you, for a drill were straining all that against her brother, who hadn't seen you in three weeks. Don't get caught with the video camera with you in the bed and he's showing it to the judge. Never asked if Megacy half, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You got too much going on in the Holy City.
Speaker 4: My brother.
Speaker 13: I need some prayer, tell me some positive advise.
Speaker 2: I can't have a good Jesus Christ A four three all day low Country.
Speaker 16: Wasn't nobody reading book And that's a lot of that's a lot you don't even know.
Speaker 2: I don't morning, good morning, good morning, morning, good morning. It's Frankie. Frankie.
Speaker 4: Look, I called we can go about my car? I start, and you were right, everything but covered, everything was covered.
Speaker 2: What you call yeah, yep, well I'm glad you had to pay nothing what I called about.
Speaker 4: Hey. Look, so I just heard the interview about saying like people taking it low hanging fruit, people taking easy way. But I'm a single parent. I work fifty hours as a machine, I pring, and I go to school stuty in for electrical engineering. It's hard, but we need more people like that. We don't need more radio personality. We don't need more rapper, we don't need none of that. What we do need is more people out here going to school and learn the trade like plumbing, electrician.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, brother, I say it all. We say that all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm a big proponent of trade school. I think everybody should out there and learn how to do something with your hands. You know, go get that, go get that quick money right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially for parents because at the end of the day, like I'm doing this with me, but basically it's going to provide a better life for my kids.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, you know, we don't do anything for.
Speaker 4: Our artists speak of doing anything. Hey, solo mane, I need to holler act Yes, sir, I told you my daughter wanted to come to the festival. I went part the whole time. She was sitting there, Sack.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna take a picture with Charlemagne.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna show it at them. I looked at it with Peach. Hey, look, you can send you a cash app No, no, no, no, I got you.
Speaker 2: You just you, just you. We'll find each other at the festival. I promise I got you.
Speaker 4: Hey, I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 3: Just remind me when you damn I'm about to say, just remind me. Like every now, everybody will be saying the youth, remember you remember the call. But I'll see your daughter. What's your what's your daughter?
Speaker 7: His name?
Speaker 13: Her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Kamaran Lloyd.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's thirteen years old. We'll see y'all.
Speaker 3: April twenty seventh, in Atlanta, Man at the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. All right, happening, that happening that pullman yards. Make sure you go get your tickets at event bright dot com, a Black Effect dot Com slash podcast festival.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one on five one. Now we got just with the mess coming up.
Speaker 7: It's a lot of blows being traded back and forth in this music.
Speaker 1: I know that, all right, and we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast for good Morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club, borning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's d J, n V, Jess, Hilaria and Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get to jest with the mess. News is real.
Speaker 16: Black Lions just ca Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do that talk.
Speaker 2: Nobody talk the world why jests worldwide message on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 16: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 7: Could get you to see this time to set it off, so as we know.
Speaker 16: Chris Brown dropped the deluxe edition of his album eleven eleven and it features a disdirected at Quavo on the song Freak.
Speaker 7: This takes a shot at Quevo. Oh my god, she tran after him.
Speaker 2: She from Puerto Rico. Okay, let those my existence ain't gonna make a sequel.
Speaker 1: Sitting in nineteen forty two because sound do no quevo freaks.
Speaker 2: She like, got some migos, not the migos.
Speaker 3: Listen, hell me and Chris recorded that a while ago, and it was too fire for him not to put on this album.
Speaker 2: That's what that was. That was so long ago. That was a long time ago. It wasn't.
Speaker 16: In twenty seventeen, Kuevo actually started dating Cauci, who had previously dated Chris Brown or whatever. Right, and then they you know, for those who don't remember or whatever, they got into like a little altercation allegedly at a parking lot right after the BAT after the BAT Awards, backstage actually so and then the artist was recently just seen sitting together at an event, but they were awkwardly sitting together.
Speaker 2: That was placement.
Speaker 1: I think production did that. Yeah, Chris even said somebody was like, he said something like, I have to be it's for business.
Speaker 2: Business.
Speaker 7: They ain't got seen guys say nothing to me, and I ain't got say nothing to him.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 16: Kuevo heard that, and you know, all these artists got studios in the house. He slid down them steps, he made his song, he made his little disk, and then he came back at Chris.
Speaker 2: He did it, you won't come home, don't beat up, don't beat up. It must be a drug.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, damn, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 3: When Michelle Obama said when they go, we go high said nope, I'm taking it to the floor.
Speaker 2: We're gonna break dance, not don't beat up. I damn damn.
Speaker 16: Chris Brown can't wait to fly instead listen all right, So I guess we don't stand by to see who else coming after that.
Speaker 7: Well, we know Chris gonna say something, all right.
Speaker 16: Future in Metro Booman, we still don't trust your album that's out and people online speculating and there's a few Drake this is And on the song show of Hands with a said Rocky, he mentions Drake being mad that he is now with Rihanna color.
Speaker 9: Metro put me on the first.
Speaker 15: Bad not just back your birth sweelings. Oh women, but you've heard his son I smashed.
Speaker 2: Before your birth son fly go hit it first son.
Speaker 15: Still don't trust you always us stepper down heard you drop your laated.
Speaker 2: It's funny how it just came and.
Speaker 3: Went the old Drake that though because Drake had some uh he had some you have some boss with him on for all the dogs.
Speaker 2: Ye yeah, he told him that.
Speaker 7: I just want like he said to really like. It wasn't believable to me.
Speaker 2: I don't even hear what this was, but you know.
Speaker 1: Made it seemed like he smashed his his baby moms before he had his first son.
Speaker 2: That's what I seen.
Speaker 7: He was like, this ain't like you.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was Rihanna. I think you to so many the other one might go ahead to think about it. He said, before you had your first son.
Speaker 2: No put me on the first.
Speaker 15: I just back your worst one feelings. But you've heard his son I smashed before his birth son hit it first son.
Speaker 2: Don't trust you. That's how he hit his baby mother. I think you're right, that's what it sounds like. Lord.
Speaker 16: I mean, I thought it was like I was hitting Rihanna before you even got Shorty pregnant like the other Shorty.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well if he did, okay, that's cute or whatever.
Speaker 16: But anyway, I could be wrong. I mean, you could be we we don't know, but whatever. On the First Sunday. On First Sunday, Future stills his flow back from Drake Now we Know. Future wrote drake song feeling Ways on his album Views so.
Speaker 15: And then fill away away to the simple Way, superb, super superb.
Speaker 7: And then I listened to that and I was like, Okay, I like that, but I never heard Drake. This is Drake's the future away, feel.
Speaker 4: Away, forget it away.
Speaker 6: I stopped listening things you say because you don't mean it anyway.
Speaker 2: So that's like a subtle shot, like you let people know. I like, that's for Drake. That's me, Like I did that the fuel on the ghostwriting rooms. He did.
Speaker 16: I mean, it's just still like Patty a little bit. It's like, all right, they not these are not real. This is this is just mentions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still waiting for the real. This is the fact.
Speaker 7: Wait for the real because one coming up. All right, so the we can sung this nigga damn.
Speaker 2: Yes, he sure did. They gone time.
Speaker 6: Just my brother's bad. When they got it send op rash. Oh thank god. Then we never do the big time.
Speaker 7: They shoot us like a tip top.
Speaker 2: Got us lapping in the lamber.
Speaker 8: I promise that.
Speaker 7: I got Chum back.
Speaker 3: I don't consider at a disc like that's just him talking. Like what Cuevo and Chris Brown was doing was different.
Speaker 2: That was a disc that was an r and b way of this. But no, you said, I'm glad I signed my life away. So glad I signed my life. Yeah, you shoot is on TikTok. So he would shoot us everybody on TikTok, he said.
Speaker 7: And we never do the big talk.
Speaker 2: Never do the big talk.
Speaker 3: The fact that all these blogs online here everything is a disc lets you know everything you need to know. They just a bunch of blood, blood thirsty, unhealed, evens who lived for the drama because they know the drama gets them engagement.
Speaker 2: Kind of sound like this too. I ain't gonna front, but Drake got a fight back now, is he don't?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 2: Not ever?
Speaker 7: Somebody don't have a sing to me like yo.
Speaker 3: You know, the internet is trying to gas Drake up. The Internet wants to the Internet wants to hear Drake get active. So they're saying everything is a Drake, this dre state focused. You got one out and his name is Kendrick Lamar okay, and you've been ducking that fight for a long time. Kendrick been bullying you for several years now and you've done nothing about it. Now, if you choose to ignore it, cool, that's on you. I'm not mad at it. I just want you to know we know who's been challenging you, and you know too. It ain't the Weekend and ain't sad Rocky.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all of them. It's Kendrick Lamar. Give them balls, give him all the balls in rat.
Speaker 3: You just need to bring back celebrity deathmatch. This would be a great time to bring. They would jump them, though, don't jump. Kendrick would come out the Raptors like Sting. Remember Sting used to come out the Raptors dressed like the crow with the long black trench coat on and the face thing the baseball bat.
Speaker 7: Used to sit up there and social introvert watching everybody.
Speaker 3: That's Kendrick right now. Kendrick is singing the Raptors just waiting. I got confidence in Drizzy waiting. I got confidence in Drizzy, confidence to do what to rap. Yeah he can rap, but he ain't got no Kendrick. No, he gonna come back. I don't know when he better.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you better keep chilling him.
Speaker 7: That's what you better keep doing.
Speaker 2: No mind, we act like drinking our boss.
Speaker 3: Phenomenal. Kendrick and Drake would be a phenomenal matchup. I'm just telling you he don't want it with Kung Fou Kenny. That's my don't He don't want it with Kung Fu kick.
Speaker 7: He can take Sad, he can take the weekend.
Speaker 2: Stop it. You can sing back, but stop drinking. Is a smart championship fight. He know the match. He should not take it. He don't need He's been ducking this match for several years.
Speaker 7: Don't any of them for that.
Speaker 1: We still people say that when he had when he when he battled the Meek and him went back and forth. That was a good fight for him and he won that, but then he lost the Pusher, all right, and he you don't want it with Kendrick. And if you do want it with Kendrick, then he needs to show improve.
Speaker 3: But if he chooses not to, I'm cool on that too. But I just want him to know that the op is Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 4: Meek.
Speaker 2: I did not say that. Nobody heard that at all.
Speaker 3: Nobody heard that Kendrick is the one that wants to fight. Kendrick has been challenging him for several several years.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's gonna do it on his time, right, and he's not gonna listen to your social media antics, and he's gonna do it on his time when.
Speaker 2: He wants to do it.
Speaker 7: I'm not leadership leadership.
Speaker 2: All right. When we come back, we got front page news. We'll tell you about Biden.
Speaker 1: Biden was supposed to be talking to a group of journalists, but the journalists weren't in the room.
Speaker 2: It was an empty hallway. We'll tell you about it when we come back. It's the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Leftbar wanting everybody. It's DJ n V, jes Hilarius, Charlamagne, the God. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady, he joked that he's not opposed to coming back to the NFL.
Speaker 2: This would be after his second retirement. I'm not opposed to it. If they were, I don't know.
Speaker 14: They're gonna let me by becoming an owner in the NFL team, But I don't know. If I don't know, I'm always going to be in a good shape. I always be able to throw the ball. So to come in for a little bit like MJ coming back. I don't know if they let me, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.
Speaker 2: I mean, the way the rules are set up in the NFL. Was damn near flag football.
Speaker 3: It probably would, you know, be okay for him to come back at the ten to age of forty six and stay in the pocket and just throw the football. It's not like they cant hit nobody no more.
Speaker 7: They really can't.
Speaker 2: That mean they hit really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, Now we got to talk about Biden bying cancels another round of student debt for over two hundred thousand borrowers.
Speaker 2: We got the audio win, he said. The audio is in. It's in, it said, look at the strings.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 5: From day one, my administrator's been committed to fixing the broken student loan system and making sure higher education is a ticket to the middle class, not a barrier. My administration's approved debt cancelation for four million Americans through various actions, and today I'm announcing new plans that would cancel student debt for millions more. In total, these plans who canceled some are all student debt for thirty million Americans. When combined with everything we've done so far to find out how these plans may impact you, visit studentaid dot gov.
Speaker 2: Round of applause.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at that dropping the clues bombs, you know, for everybody out there getting a student debt wiped out. But I still think that he should have the people who are getting they debt wiped out doing the testimony.
Speaker 2: Agree. I don't want to hear him, you know, I don't want to hear him. He sound like a corps of debt.
Speaker 3: Like it don't even sound like exciting, and it don't sound he's Like I said, I always think he's an uninspiring candidate.
Speaker 2: He has no main character energy.
Speaker 3: He should have the people who are getting their debt wiped out telling their own testimony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's a lot of testimony people that tell you they've been paying their student debt for you know, decades, ten years, you know, fifteen years trying to get him down. A lot of people that they've finished that debt. Like you said, they can start their own business, they could be entrepreneurs, they can get into you know, purchase their own home.
Speaker 3: Whatever it make them tell the story y'all got y'all got all these political ad dollars, put commercials together with those people telling the story.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see it from President Joe Biden, Right, I agree.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, Instagram is cutting down on teen sextortion, and this is how they're doing it.
Speaker 17: Any parent with especially teenagers, knows you got to be diligent when it comes to their use of social media. Now Instagram is doing something that's going.
Speaker 2: To help that as well.
Speaker 17: There's this scam where people are trying to convince teens to send them nude photos and then tell the teens that they'll post the image online unless the victim sends them money or gift cards. The company announced today it's testing new features to curb the crime, including blurring nude images sent and direct messages, and letting users know when they've interacted with somebody who's engaged in financial sex stortion.
Speaker 2: As they call it.
Speaker 17: The FBI says it's seen an increase in finance and in these types of case series in recent years, often started by scammers overseas. Instagram says the feature should be available worldwide.
Speaker 2: I feel so sorry for those kids in the world they have to grow up in man. Yeah, we did not have those problems. Yeah. No, I'm all for advances in technology, but that is when I'm not Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it seems like he's getting worse and worse and worse and I can't see it getting better, Like I can't see it with the way technology is moving, in the way that these kids are on Instagram and snapchat and YouTube so much, I don't see it getting better, you know. And a lot of parents are using these devices as babysitters, you know.
Speaker 16: Yep, yeah, I remember Wilo said that like technology is now raising your kids. It is like, yeah, they spend more time on technology than they do in your presence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even with my son yesterday, he was on roadblocks, he was on roeblocks and instead of typing in the words, he's talking into it so he doesn't have to type it and know if his sentence is right or wrong. And I took his phone from him yesterday. But that was the reason why I'm like, no, like, go do harmwork, go read a book, like enough's enough, so all right, and that is front page.
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do.
Speaker 3: And the chip is available when like that stuff like Elon Musk got like Nora link, you know, and they can implement I don't know the technical professional words for, but when they can put like chat, GPT and stuff in your.
Speaker 2: Brain like you can think about it and the type of out.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, because you're gonna be How you're gonna compete on stage with a stand up comedian that got that in their brain.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Trust me, they're gonna be too quick, you know what I'm saying. They're gonna be pulling jokes out the sky.
Speaker 3: How are you supposed to compete if you're debating with somebody, you know, imagine doctor Mike laic Backson who got coming in next, debating somebody who got the chipp in his brain. And the doc ain't no joke already. But when you got the chip in your brain, you can just pull out information from all types of different places.
Speaker 7: But how would that work on stage? I don't understand what you mean.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Like you said, just be smarter, They'll just be faster, They'll just be my audience, no.
Speaker 7: Person, Because you said, imagine me on stage.
Speaker 2: Said how you're gonna compete?
Speaker 16: I'm gonna compete community comedians who have yes. That don't mean they're gonna be fun because they just pulling Joe.
Speaker 2: Yes will they're gonna be able to pull up anything.
Speaker 7: Why don't compete with comedians anyway? I just do my thing.
Speaker 2: Sweets great. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've heard a little do Ball say that too, as far as like what you're gonna do when somebody got the chip in their brain, and that's true, like when they got the chip in their head and they can just pull up anything. Well, I guess about chat GT you can. You can literally say, hey, write this script about this movie. Write a script about a guy in a studio with a crown roll back.
Speaker 2: You'll do a whole movie script in five three five minutes.
Speaker 7: Right, And it's still trash movies coming out.
Speaker 2: So what are we talking about? Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 7: Are you investing in into something like? What did you believe heavily?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: No, I'm just telling you what the shoot you may look like? May it may not know it will ain't no, May May is next month. May I will say this to it.
Speaker 1: I think they have to change the education in the curriculum because a lot of these students are using chat GPT to write papers. They're using chat GPT to pass tests and pass glasses where they're not actually getting the knowledge. They're going through an app to actually do the work for them. It's gonna be a world of dummies, you know. What I'm saying, it is, it is what it is, all right.
Speaker 2: Now, when we come back, Michael Eric Dice will be joining us.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be speaking at the National Action Network twenty twenty four convention and we're talking to him next.
Speaker 2: And don't move. It's to Breakfast Club in the morning. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jesse, Hilarias, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guests in the buillet. That's right, the good brother, Michael Eric Dison, Welcome back, brother.
Speaker 9: It's good to be here. The new jigs they look great. Wow, man, sal how come no pictures of dicing on the wall, sir?
Speaker 2: Headline look crispy the same thing you got the crispy here.
Speaker 9: I had to get it faded up before I came here, man. You know, I had to hang with y'all. I had to get right, man.
Speaker 1: But it is a big election. Yeah, it is a big election, bro diving man. How you feeling, Biden? How you feel about true?
Speaker 2: The rematch American is not wanting.
Speaker 9: It's true, but it's what we got. You know, I want the Lakers to be every year in the finals. Because I was raised as a Lakers fan. But that ain't who's plan. You know, It's probably gonna be the Nuggets and maybe the Celtics, So you gotta choose one of them. And the thing is is that, yes, we think we want better choices because we want better choices. We think that better people should run because we think better people should run. But these are the people running. I happen to believe that there is not even a question for black people of who to choose. I mean, Joe Biden has been far above anything that President or ex President Trump is provided. I saw him in the talking about jobs, bro. I mean, the unemployment rate of Black America now is about five point six. When Biden came into office, it was nine point three. He's talking about money and checks, and I see Sexy Read and other rappers talking about he gave us a check. First of all, please study your politics and your civics. That's the Congress that allotted that money. Plus is yodo And if you on account that way, then count what Biden did for relieving the burden of people paying back their student loans, and on and on and on. When we look at every metric, not only putting a black woman in the Vice President's office, not only putting a black woman on the Supreme Court, but doing programs that lift all boats, that address African American people, specifically in some instances, but more broadly issues that are concerning us. Whether it's about discrimination and housing, whether it's about not only student loans but every effort of education, kicking kids out of school early, and on and on and on. It ain't no question for me. Donald Trump is a vortex of bigotry. He is the leader of the big autocracy, the rule reign and tyranny of forces that are antithetical to our best interests, not only as black people, but as a nation.
Speaker 2: And when we look at.
Speaker 9: Every indication of where we are as a nation, this is a guy who's still standing by people who supported January sixth, the insurrectionist. He's trying to make them amat American patriots, but demonizing Black lives matter, demonizing people who protest for the right and ability to live in this nation without the unjust encumbrances imposed on us by white supremacy. So I don't understand what black people see in Donald Trump's swag. I mean, come on, it's borrowswag at best. Donald Trump the face of neo fascism, the face of an authoritarian government that is already indicated if he gets back in office, what he's going to do. There ain't no choice for us and black people. We got to wake up. These are the things we have to attend to. And look, you saw the article, I think in the New York Times that said that Donald Trump and the Republican Party are supporting third party interests because those detract from and take votes away from Joe Biden. So we know in a tight race, every vote counts r RFK Junior in particular. And I think that again, this is not time for this extended journey of narcissism, this escapade of self deification and bro these are serious issues at stake, and Black folk got to get out there and vote.
Speaker 3: Well, you say, the black conservatives who say our best interests are conservative.
Speaker 2: Rue.
Speaker 9: That's why so few of them, they numbers speak for themselves. Black conservatives are quite interesting. You know, you had a wonderful interview here with Candas Owns. She ain't you know what's interesting to me. Candie Owns ain't apologized for what she said about George Floyd. She made an entire documentary, but smirching this man's attitude posthumously, no apology for that. That's how she feels. Why did she apologize, Well, first of all, because she shouldn't have. But she should apologize because she's wrong number one. Number two, she can feel that way, and that's your point about feeling. Let me connect these two black people. What we feel as opposed to what we do. Sometimes you don't feel like loving your partner, you don't feel like loving your wife or your husband or the person you're with, but you do it out of what a sense of duty and obligation. Those are not bad words. So just because she felt that way, the facts show that's not true. The stuff she tried to make up has been empirically dis proved. At the same time, here's a man lying on the ground begging for his life that millions of black people can identify with, and she's trying to turn it into some conspiracy of black you know, refusal to be responsible. You know, her and Jason Whitlock. These are people who are destructive for our community. If that's what black conservativism is, her or Jason Whitlock, or Clarence Thomas, who has been a singular source of destruction for our people. The black conservatives ain't that much to recommend for their particular viewpoint.
Speaker 2: This is what I think we're missing.
Speaker 3: And I'm not defending any of these people, all right, What I think with somebody like a Canda's Orange, I don't think black people, certain black people didn't realize she already had a large audience Black She had a movement called Blexit, and that was six seven years ago when she was trying to get people, black people in particular, to get off the Democratic plantation and seek other things, whether it was being a conservative, being an independent, whatever it is. So I think now when people say this thing about oh, it's black people embracing her, It's like, nah, she already had an audience.
Speaker 9: When we say black people really talking about new black people who wasn't embracing her before? The black people who weren't. Look, of course they are conservative black people in this country. Candas Owns and Kanye West, bless them. They can do what they want, they can believe what they want, but we have a right and an obligation to say, but that is not productive for us. And just because you may can doe from that or some black people follow you. The masses of black people are not following you, because the masses of black people don't discern in your belief system a structure of reliable confidence invested in this political order. For you to represent us, you ain't representing what we believe. When you believe in things you don't understand, then you suffer superstition. Ain't the way the great Stevie Wonder said, And some of that conservative stuff is kind of political superstition. It's not premised upon empirical facts. It's not based upon what we know to be the case. It's an idealized expression of where we are. So when the conservatives latch on it, you shouldn't be the color of your skin. It should be to contu your character. That was a dream that a man articulated, that was not a reality. So again for candas Owns to get a pass in. And this is what I mean by past, not that they weren't already black people following her, but for our sympathies of those who didn't necessarily sign on to what she believed to now be sympathetic to her because she's gotten mistreated by white folks.
Speaker 2: That's what we've been telling you anybody being sympathetic hurdle.
Speaker 9: You don't think anybody's being sympathetic to Cantazons. Oh yeah, there are a lot of people sympathetic to Canvassons as a black woman stand up for her.
Speaker 2: You know it could be. It could be because they agree on the God's issue. That's probably I can that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, okay, all right, we got more with Michael Eric Dyson when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning owning Everybody's ej N V.
Speaker 1: Jesselary, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's still kicking it with Michael Eric Dyson. Now, I think a lot of people are tired of I call it the daddy's law in my house.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The daddy'slaw in my house is I said it, and you do what I say, don't ask me no questions. I feel like that's a lot with Democrats, right. We see things sometimes when we ask a question and be like, oh, you're going against us.
Speaker 2: I'm not going against you. I'm asking a question. Right.
Speaker 1: We talked about you body right when you talk about Bidy and and people thought he had amnesia just watching the things that he do, and then wh when you ask about it, it's like, oh, you're going against him, You're giving the Republicans ammunition. No, I'm just asking because I might not want that democrats.
Speaker 3: Any critique, any critique, democritique, I might automatically making where the money goes with this, that, and the other.
Speaker 1: If I ask a question or question anybody like anybody like I can question you, you can question me. Doesn't necessarily mean we enemies, doesn't mean I'm going against you, but we just having a real conversation. And I think that's what bought. There's a lot of black Americans when it comes to Democrats.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 9: I mean, but if you think that's the problem with Democrats, what in the hell do you think that's in regard to Republicans who, at least with Democrats, you have an argument to be made. And by the way, I agree with all that in the sense that we should be able to criticize. I wrote an entire book as this Generation, as a whole book on Barack Obama broad even though I distinguished myself from them in terms of how far at least Wes was able to go. I think Tavis had a bit more decor. But but decorum. I'm sorry, But the point is this is that, yes, you know, I was out there taking strays because I believe a certain thing and I wanted to hold people accountable, still love them. See, I believe in the six inning theory of baseball. As you know, this is baseball season and the sixth inning. If it starts raining, whoever is the head's gonna win. If you go six innings, whoever's the head gonna win. So I think we got to go six innings. That means we got to stay on the same team, have the message of productive engagement politically for our people, what helps us, what hurts us, unidentifying enemies, friends and opponents, and then after six innings, you got some stuff to spread around. So when you make a critical comment like that, don't be naive. I'm just being objective and neutral. I'm its raising a question. You ain't just being objective and neutral, even if you intend to be, the consequence of your talk is not Your intent may be to be neutral, the consequence is it reinforces a certain narrative or belief. That doesn't mean you can't be critical because I was critical, but I put it in context. I specified how much I had for Obama. I specified what I thought he was doing right. I talked about the interests he held. I talked about how white supremacy ganged up on him. But I also said he had three bites.
Speaker 2: At the apple.
Speaker 9: He ain't chose no black woman to be on the Supreme Court. He had many opportunities where he spoke up and out against black people. I think that his comments about and especially his spouse in regard to Jeremiah Wright, were wholly gratuitous and destructive after the fact. So I got criticisms, but I got to understand the degree to which they play into a narrative that either supports my beliefs or undercuts them. So there's no kind of objective. This our comedian point of objectivity. I stand outside the flow of human history. No, bro, you down here with Wes Montgomery on the ground. As y'all probably too young, remember Wes Montgomery, the great jazz guitarist, down here on the ground. We're down here on the ground. So it's not that we can't be critical, But I'm saying, what's your critique of a political order where Republicans don't even give a damn about who you are. At least what Democrats you can push them. At least with Democrats. Wait a minute, you said you claimed you were part of and then you fill into blanks.
Speaker 2: So what are you doing?
Speaker 9: You're failing us. That kind of critique is is quite necessary and powerful, and when we do it, however, is extremely powerful as well, and we have to be strategic about it.
Speaker 3: I agree with you wholeheartedly, and I also say I feel like black people in particular, we shouldn't be beholden to any party. I don't think these fanatics over Democrats are insane to me. These fanatics over conservatives aren't saying to me, we should always be looking at who and what serves our best interests.
Speaker 2: I don't even think we should be talking about voting for individuals.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the ideas and the ideas that that individual is putting on the table.
Speaker 2: But I think that'll get you fathered. But let me in a conversation with you, let.
Speaker 4: Me ask you this.
Speaker 9: Here's the point. Why are black people stupid? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, I think dumb. I don't think so.
Speaker 9: So why is it that black people are voting for the Democrats. It's not because they're on a damn plantation, because at least the Democrats, they serve off the Limitis, they serve our best interests. So you know the old saying, no permanent party, just permanent interest.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 9: I get that, But our interests have been tied up with people who at least are willing to listen to us. Tell me what interests of African American people accept a few black rappers that Donald Trump got out of jail. What Black person can point to him and say these This man articulates the interests of my community, embraces us as a people, understands our plight In predicament, he's talking about the whole countries, many of whom but many of which are countries of color black people in them. This is a dude consistently talking about hurting and harming black people, using the police power of the state to circumscribe us and to undermine us. So I'm saying, why would we even vote for anybody who's part of that party?
Speaker 3: In Everything you're saying is absolutely correct, But what I want us to start doing is just look at the things that these people are doing that is getting people's attention. You dismissed something. Right, you said that, you said that he let out three black rappers. It's not even about the black rappers. It's about the first step back. I think Donald Trump is a fascist. He's a threat of democracy. I don't think that you know anybody who calls himself a patriots and want somebody in the White House who wanted to suspend the constitution to overthrow the results of Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: But with all of that on the table, what do you say to people who say so what? I mean, like, there's people already living in hell in this country. So when you tell them that, yo, he's a threat of democracy, they were like, democracy ain't never worked for us, no way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but that's democracy. All things gonna get worse. Well, first of all, if they in hell, you got to tell people, yeah, you in hell. But if you think you lonely, now wait until the night. You got a Bobby Womack theology. You got to have a Bobby Womack theology. If you think it's bad, now wait until the night.
Speaker 6: Girl.
Speaker 9: So black people got to understand that there are degrees to this, right, and when we look at the degrees to this, yes, it is tough. Child poverty is still real. The attack on black women's bodies is still real. The dismissal of African American interest is still real.
Speaker 4: But it is.
Speaker 9: If it's bad. Now, what in the hell do you think is going to be when a fascist takes over, When a guy who doesn't even who's not even interested in your particular viewpoint or your suffering, takes over. Yes, he can go to a darn Chick fil A right now and tell you that Joe Biden is the worst president in the history. That's another lie he's telling. So if we don't think that it makes a difference. And look, it's hard for people who are suffering to hear that, but our people have always suffered.
Speaker 2: You think you in hell?
Speaker 9: Imagine having no rights or her ability to assert what your beliefs are.
Speaker 2: You think you in hell?
Speaker 9: What about when you had no choice but to do what a slave master told you when you were raped, that will, without moral compunction or legal redress.
Speaker 4: That was hell.
Speaker 9: And in the midst of that hell, those black people held up and held out hope as our condition if they could do it. I ain't trying to hear nothing from people right now, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we got more with Michael Eric Diyson when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning, and everybody is EJ N V Jesse, Larry Charlamage, the guy we are the break Fist Club is still kicking it with Michael Eric Dyson, Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: What do you think is fair?
Speaker 3: Are unfair in regards to critique of personality? Because I'm a person that believes you just can't say what you want to say and expect everybody to agree. Some people are going to like it, some people are not gonna like it, and with social media math, people don't have an opinion about.
Speaker 9: It, Salve, I mean, and look, critique is one thing, but that's different than you just assaulting me. That's just different than you saying stuff that ain't even true, making it up. And here now we got deep fakes. We're worried about AI. The only AI I did is Alan Iverson. Other than that, bro is rough because now we don't we're not sure it was real, was not? And black people should be the last people taking allegations as convictions.
Speaker 2: Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 9: I mean, how can you just say something and then convict somebody black people, of all people, And we have tremendous access. Now we know, we have the possibility to know more than we've ever known before, and we know less than we've ever known because we don't have the same kind of curiosity because we think now, because we can say something to somebody, I like Charlemagne the God, I can jack him up because I have access to him now. Before you had to go to this office write him a letter, he might not He might not have written you back, Doc, Dear doctor King, I disagree with the integration. Blah blah blah. You don't have that kind of access. You didn't have that kind of access then that you have now. So it's a marvel. But the problem is everybody got an opinion. Everybody thinks it's equally valuable. And because you can insult somebody, do you think with the rhetorical capacity I possess, I couldn't eviscerate you.
Speaker 2: You don't think I could do that too? You think that you're the only.
Speaker 9: One who possesses the bility to call an MF and MF mother fo. I grew up into his Rizzi Nizzo brizather. I could get at you. I can cuss you out more than you think I can. So the point is if we all shutting each other out, we all hollering each other, we're all protesting each other, can we ever speak? So I'm for speaking and listening. I'm not for cancel culture. I'm for engaging people. I'm for talking to other people, and I'm for saying, yes, let's talk and we can.
Speaker 2: Be critical, confrontational, conversation, conferenceation.
Speaker 9: How about that criticism is not jumping on you, being nasty about you saying you know what, Dyson, I noticed you said X, Y, and Z, but you didn't say this holding holding me to account. We should be able to do that. I know you and I had a conversation about the young Jonathan Owens and I posted yesterday and you know right right Simon Bio's husband, and people kept saying you ain't listening to the whole conversation. I listened to the whole conversation. In fact, it's worse than that because at one point he goes, look, she's the one who kind of you know, match with me and stuffing he says. She keeps saying she matched, but it was really her. I'm saying, bro, I'm not trying to dog Jonathan Owens because that's Look, I've been mad three times. Understand that she is valuable to you. And again it was a joke. I get people who defend that. I understand that. At the end of the day, though, uplift that woman. Elevate that woman, happy wife, happy life, Try a little tenderness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's all just another example to me, is like the relationship thing. Keep that away from the strangers on social media.
Speaker 4: Like that.
Speaker 3: Let that be an inside conversation. Y'all laugh and joke about amongst each other at dinner. As soon as you bring it to social media, stuff like this happened.
Speaker 2: But but but I think it's hellful. They might not care. It might be their relationship, they're jokes, their problem with their situation. I think it's hard. I think it's hard not to kill when everybody jokes.
Speaker 9: Jokes grow out of social situation. Jokes grew out of social value. That's what they are, right, of course, because they reflect.
Speaker 1: If I shouted the light on my relationship with my white people might think it's disrespectful, But it's me and my wife.
Speaker 2: We joke all the time. You're a great example.
Speaker 3: And they put their book out and be said in his book that he had made his wife orgatherm in a decade.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but that's on him. He should have kept themselves. But that's on him.
Speaker 9: Women said I didn't stand up women. If he is a hero, because most big I hear you, because I couldn't do it for three years, I can do it for seven years. He's saying, I'm the one. But but see the difference is his was a moment of vulnerability.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 9: My man's moment was a moment of mom let's just be real. I mean, you can joke, but the joke is reflective of a temperament, an ideal, a politic, an ideology. And I'm saying again, that's their business. You're right, because I ain't want to put my business out there because there's plenty of failures and flaws for people to pick apart. My point is when I say game though, bruh, even if you believe that respect your woman, elevate your woman, understand that in a culture where she's already been demonized as a dark skinned black woman, that could be deeply and profoundly problematic as well.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't ten years. I wouldn't say that wasn't ten yet you started, Michaelison, How you doing. It's just hilarious.
Speaker 11: How you doing? I'm good.
Speaker 7: I heard all the bank bank bank, bank bang.
Speaker 18: What's going on?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Let's let's talk about Beyonce Man and what she did with with with with Cowboy Carter.
Speaker 9: It's incredible. First of all, she's reunited a constituency of country music that has been alienated, like rock music, black people. What Beyonce did was reintroduce, allow me to reintroduce myself, allow America to understand that country music right is the white blues and blues might be the black country. It's a similar aperture, it's a similar appetite, it's a similar perspective.
Speaker 2: And what she is introduced.
Speaker 9: She's from Houston. What do you think she listened to besides R and B or soul and rock music and so on, she listened to country music, to black folk music. And what she has done is introduce people to folk that they never even knew before. The black girls backing her up, Miss you know, Britney Spencer, all of them. She introduced Linda Martel, who was a great singer and songwriter. She introduces a black woman. She introduced her to him There's a long tradition of black cowboys, of black country artists, of people who've been doing stuff, and yet we don't give them credit. And Beyonce has single handedly resurrected like she did would Act one when she delved into the history of dance, you know, dance and house music and to show the gay aesthetic at the heart of that tradition, and now coming back with the country stuff and showing how we've been involved in it.
Speaker 3: Just the level of her genius is remarkable. I got one last question for you, because we talked about male vulnerability. You know, we saw j Cole recently apologize to Kendrick Lamar for some they was going back and forth on a record, right. I didn't have no problem with the apology. I feel like, you know, if you if it didn't sit well when he said he didn't sit well with my spirit, I ain't got no not just talk about it.
Speaker 2: Didn't say well with his spirit? What do you think?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: I saw you you were bringing about that give him the donkey of the day out to people who don't understand it. What's interesting to me is how Kendrick Lamar has escaped all screw that. What's interesting to me is that he started this stuff right. Why is it that when both Drake and Ja Cole said with the Big Three, they're giving you love, bro, they saying you probably big. No, it ain't no Big Three, it's big me. Okay, I get it. That's the bravado of hip hop and so on. Look, I think Jake Cole was mature. He wasn't. It was half hearted anyway, It's not my heart's not in it because he could have destroyed him. Further More than that, he could have Jake Cole is a surgeon with those words, He's precise. He's surgical in his strikes. Drake is a monster, right. Jake can't even respond it. Maybe he'll respond to the name. Maybe Ja Cole. I don't think Ja Cole will. Maybe it with Metro booming and Future coming out again with their Deluxe, maybe Kendrick has more to say. I think you know, Look, it was mature to say, I'm not gonna take this in a negative fashion. I don't even believe this guy because I love him and appreciate him. That should Shane Kendrick. I don't think it will. That should say to Kendrick, what am I doing wrong? That three men who are great, two of them recognize me. But I have to be the only one in the sandlot to play with the toys because I'm the greatest. That's one way of talking about it. But there are other ways of talking about masculinity. There are other ways to talk about greatness. There are other ways of speaking. Because Drake said he was the coldest. J Cole said he was the coldest, and Kendrick said he's the coldest, but they didn't do it at the expense of you. They didn't name your name to try to suggest that you are not the bell Weather, the benchmark or the standard by which hip hop should be judged. J. Cole, Drake and Kendrick have made ingenious music and we ain't got to choose one over the other. We can have personal preferences, for sure, but I think Kendrick Lamartin needs to be challenging a little bit to grove up morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's DJ M v Jess, Larry Chelamine the guy. We are the breakfast club on this Friday, and let's get to gess with the missus.
Speaker 4: Us is real, whether it's her lions, Just go out the more.
Speaker 2: Just don't do no lines, don't.
Speaker 3: Do that talky talk world why jests worldwide.
Speaker 2: Me on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 3: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get.
Speaker 2: You to see.
Speaker 16: The time to set it off, Okay, story story stories, quick ones. Gezi wants custody of his daughter Monico. Uh claims Jennie ain't around, so that this is probably why she wanted their the details of the divorce public.
Speaker 7: You know, but he didn't. But that's just something quick, I ain't having saw it because it's self explanentor that.
Speaker 2: Says a lot, though. When the father wants custody of.
Speaker 7: The child, yeah, and then he claims that the mother is not around.
Speaker 1: But that's most cases, right when when people get divorced to father fights for custody.
Speaker 2: The mothers for custody. The middle he wants full custody of primary custody yep.
Speaker 7: Primary yep. Scary Movie reboot is in the works and will be released next year. I'm actually okay with that. There's no way that you can like that can't be dated scary movie reboot like d Wayne's.
Speaker 16: Nineteen Times, I know, but I still think like because stuff keeps happening, like they just all they do is like they just kill a black person early and scared of hell, a lot of white people the whole movie.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I look forward to this.
Speaker 2: I look forward to this.
Speaker 7: This is like the one of the sequels I grew up on. So everyone was funny.
Speaker 2: That's just way of saying, please cast me in a scary movie. No, it's not.
Speaker 7: I want to be in a series drama like the one with Denzel and Spike Lee.
Speaker 16: Ken Hey not down because oh my god. She would be like like like that's gonna be there. She got like, oh my god. Anyway, Kevin Durant responds to Fat Joe's claims that he almost got jumped at the legendary ruck Up Park game. But Kevin Durant responded and said, another podcast lie, but they always say Fat Jo'll be lying anyway, So well know.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Fat George lying or not, because Fat Joe might have known something that Kevin Durant didn't know. That it might have been some people out there that wanted to put the beats on KDN. He ain't even know, hein he don't know.
Speaker 7: That he got jumped.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they didn't say he got jumped, that he was about to get jumped.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, he almost wanted to jump in with He scored eighty plus points at the Ruggers.
Speaker 7: Right, okay, what could be a lie? Couldn't be We don't know. We don't know, we'll see it. I guess if Fat Joe said something? Well know all right?
Speaker 16: Black China shares her reaction and explains why she appeared in the Where Is Wendy Williams documentary?
Speaker 2: Your moment that you shared with Wendy?
Speaker 19: How did that come about?
Speaker 1: I just would to her house and there happened to be cameras.
Speaker 7: Yes, so you had no idea that you were going to be popped up, so she had no idea you were coming over either.
Speaker 19: Start off, would you like to just say anything nice for Wendy for her documentary? And I was like, yeah, sure, and I just said it, and that's how that happened.
Speaker 7: What did you make of this documentary?
Speaker 3: A lot of people thought it shouldn't have even been made in the first place.
Speaker 19: To be honest, I think it was definitely necessary to be made and make it really honestly. Happen to anybody. Hopefully maybe this is going to help other people to see it. Did make me upset to see Wendy, you know, struggling obviously with the alcohol, like that was one of my things, struggling with the alcohol. So I can relate to that and the part about the dimension and that the alcohol is what induced it, because that could have been me.
Speaker 16: So that I actually, you know, appreciate the interview that was her she met with Entertainment tonight, and that was one of the most heartfelt moments on the documentary. Actually, boy, tears in my eyes to see like how lost the words China was when she was talking to Wendy a lot.
Speaker 7: Of people in the comments. Was I kind of conflicted.
Speaker 16: They was like, you didn't know that it was You would be on camera that they were recording, but you had a whole mic on No, she said. She said she didn't know when she because she would just pop up on when she said that they grew to be friends, and when she got there, she didn't know that they were. She was just popping up on it, and then she didn't know they had Before they let her upstairs, they asked her about the documentary and that's why she was miked up, and then she didn't know what kind of documentary it would be. And then of course she had to sign of release because her face wasn't blurred, so she was well aware that it was. She was made aware of that, but she said that it was it was great that they did that. I just I would have been like, cut, let me put this way back on red.
Speaker 2: But anyway, have we heard from from Wendy no anything at all.
Speaker 16: Well, her family, you know, her brother said that she is healing, she's fine, she's safe, she's in the facility, but we haven't heard from Wendy yet.
Speaker 3: I think it's always good to raise awareness to certain issues. I don't feel like that's that's what that documentary was there to do. Though, Absolutely that documentary just felt very exploitive. Everything that Wendy Williams is going through. It literally was called what was it called? Was called where there is? You know what I'm saying. So it was like it was about her and her whereabouts. It didn't seem like they were trying to raise awareness her issues, her health issues and things that that need because almost like people didn't even really realize she had health issues till later.
Speaker 16: On until yeah, until like the second part yep, yep, so and that's still standing question where is she?
Speaker 7: Because people don't know, all right.
Speaker 16: Texas high school teacher accused of using vulnerable students to build a prostitution ring with her son.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Kadria Grisby, forty two and her son, Roger McGee is, twenty two, both face charges of child trafficking and prostitution. Griggsby is her last name. Recruited troubled juveniles from local high school by offering them a place to stay, which would be a hotel. Text messages between Grigsby and her son and between him and three victims show payment of prostitution fees being discussed in how to be transferred. The three victims, age fifteen, sixteen, and seven, were reportedly students at the school Griggsby taught at, and we're reportedly runaways.
Speaker 7: She was a teacher.
Speaker 16: She taught cosmetology, so it was like a little trade school kind of sorder, but she taught cosmetology. She would take advantage of the students that were troubled and she would she created a sex traffican rink, so she was paying them to have sex with her.
Speaker 4: Son.
Speaker 3: What kind of energy do you think you're going to create a round yourself if you taking advantage of pouring disenfranchised kids like that who don't have nowhere else to go, but you embraced them just to turn them into a prostitute. Yeah, like what kind I don't care what type of money you getting.
Speaker 2: You know what type of energy that money.
Speaker 16: Got on it? Like, come on, bro, And that's why her and her son are facing charges right now. Additional teens have come forward with stating Grigsby was also attempting to recruit them while attending school.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Yeah, they get about fifteen.
Speaker 7: To twenty that's exactly what they get. That's horrible, and that is just with us. Oh my god, all right, so we got a little bit more time. No, all right, well that's just what the most.
Speaker 2: Charlomagne. We're giving that donkey.
Speaker 3: I am giving that donkey to a man named Brent George. Okay, Brent George hails from the great state of Florida. And we having all these conversations about karma right like the past, you know, twenty four to thirty six, doing a lot of conversations about karma. I'm gonna tell you what I believe karma uh to be. And this is a great example of karma in action.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get to that next and then comedian and actor and writer Neil Brennan will be joining us and we'll kick it with him next.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Low, good morning. Your execution on.
Speaker 4: The Donkey of the day is something to go for you.
Speaker 8: The reason he gave me donkey other day and I deserve that you need to know what you need to tell them.
Speaker 7: I am you have the boy, tell them.
Speaker 2: It's time for donkey Day.
Speaker 19: It's a read.
Speaker 2: But you're so good at Charlamage. You wants Charlamagne to damn Solomone. Who do you give a dunky other day to?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: Well, sexy rad Donkey today for Friday, April twelve goes to a sixty one old man named Brent George.
Speaker 2: Brent George is from Florida.
Speaker 3: What does your uncle Shawla always tell you about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk karma. Okay.
Speaker 3: I was speaking on karma yesterday with some people are in a group chat because you know, OJ Simpson passed yesterday at seventy six from prothteate cancer, and.
Speaker 2: Folks was like, that's karma, that's karma.
Speaker 3: No, you digital d heads, that's life, okay. Life expectancy of men in America is seventy three and a half years. Oj lived to be seventy six and he died of prothety cancer. Prostate cancer is not karma, okay. Prothey cancer is something that can happen to any and all of us, So you should just pray it doesn't happen to you or anyone you love.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not one.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent show how karma works, but I do know health issues are not karma, okay.
Speaker 2: Karma is a natural reaction to your action. Karma is not revenge.
Speaker 3: Once again, it's a natural reaction to your action, the relationship between the person's mental and physical action and the consequences following that action. With that said, I believe what happened to Brent George was karma. See Brent was drunk at Disney World. They said he had three shots in the beer and he spotted a family at a table of four, and one of the four was a young girl with Down syndrome, and Brent decided in that moment that he wanted to be Andrew Shokes. He wanted to be Bill Burke, he wanted to be Ryan Davis. He thought he was just hilarious. He wanted to get these jokes off, and then this happened. Let's go to Fox five Orlando for the report.
Speaker 2: Police and this.
Speaker 20: Man here is accused of getting drunk and making fun of a woman with disabilities at Epcot. Orange County deputies say Brent George attacked her family and that was after they confronted him. The cuts on his face are from members of the woman's family who fought back.
Speaker 2: He faces four counts of battery.
Speaker 3: Round of applaud to that family. Okay, round of applaud of that family. First of all, I don't know what the timeline of his story. I don't know why the timeline of his story isn't Brent George approaches table of four, starts taunting girl with Down syndrome, and father beat the hell out of Brent George. See I'm reading the timeline, and the timeline says he approached the table, he started taunting the girl with Down syndrome. The girl's mother allegedly confronted George and demanded to know if he was making fun of her daughter. Then George allegedly shoved the woman twice, then slapped the woman's daughter in law in the face when she tried to calm the escalation, then allegedly punched the husband, Wesley Koldberg, and the neck who returned the jab to his face.
Speaker 2: That don't sound like that should be the order of evenge Right.
Speaker 3: The more the wife get pushed twice, then the daughter in law got slapped, then the husband gets punched. No, as soon as you approach the table cracking jokes on my daughter with down syndrome, the beats should have happened. Okay, instant karma. Even though I still believe this was instant karma. Okay, this was a natural reaction to Brent's actions. That to me is how karma works, Okay, Karma not spending the block. Karma is not revenge. Most of what we see happen to people in life, it's just life.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Sometimes folks live a life of bs whant to be finally catches up. That's just them reaping what they saw. It's that simple. Now, let me show y'all a picture of the guy, so y'all can see how he looked after he got his ass kicked.
Speaker 2: Right, he earned all of that. He earned that. He's a drunk, you know. Three shots, three shots in the beer.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I was talking to Big Mac, the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee, and he said, we have audio from the actual scene of the crime.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, let's hear it. You that girl like leaning there on that love on the spectrum.
Speaker 7: Sir, clearly you're drunk. I need you to back the hell away for my daughter right now when I'm an X ray as one more time to get the hell away from my daughter for it.
Speaker 2: Be a motherfucker. It's long I would have been with this spectrum.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, this is the thing I'm playing. You know what what this is right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, I can see that.
Speaker 3: I can see that happening. I don't think that's how it happens. I don't think she's on that show now, No, I don't think so. But always remember that in life, you are free to choose. Okay, you are free to choose. You are free to make whatever choice you want in life, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices. Karma has no menu. You get what you deserve and Brent got what he deserved. Please let me be ma, get Brent George the biggest he haw.
Speaker 2: He haw he ha, You stupid mother? Are you dumb? He got what he deserves. He got he deserved. Not mad at it. I can't play with people.
Speaker 7: Nope, yeah, nah, that's that's crazy. Look like, how old was the girl?
Speaker 2: I don't think they said?
Speaker 7: So he is old?
Speaker 2: You're sixty one?
Speaker 3: Like what you are?
Speaker 7: A sixty one year old man had to hit all three of y'all first to get hit.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't know. I don't understand that chain of events.
Speaker 3: Soon as you come over to my table making fun of my daughter with yeah, and I'm the husband and I'm sitting there.
Speaker 2: You gotta get the beats?
Speaker 7: What are we even talking about him?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 2: But then you push my wife twice? Then lap what is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Who ain't really related to me?
Speaker 2: But still you slapped the yeah and didn't punch me in that. That's when I finally react.
Speaker 7: What we all jumping on?
Speaker 16: Your saying the girl with downs going to jump into I'm not saying and the girl with downs would have been.
Speaker 2: Okay, kick it with come back my God. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, Pole, Breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's DJ, Envy Jesse, Hilarry Shallaman the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest of the ability. Yes, indeed, Neil Brennan. Welcome back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, get to be here.
Speaker 3: It was back with another special called crazy Good. Neil is one of the last of the comedians who actually make special special Thank you for.
Speaker 2: Char Man, thanks for noticing, and thank you for dissing most of my peers at the same time. Yeah, why not get your man and you both hit it.
Speaker 3: Do you feel less pressure of putting this one out versus the others? Like the Blocks three mics if you thought the other ones were on some emo both I hear you. This one has no emo ness to it at all. It's just like this is me, like sprinting.
Speaker 2: I like, I know I do too.
Speaker 18: But there are people that are like, nah, yeah, my man was a little too introspective.
Speaker 3: I don't have a problem with that. Somebody else, you know, somebody said that to me about Bill Burr recently. They was like, Bill might be doing a little too much there.
Speaker 18: You know, Well, I watched him on here and it was funny to see him be like that because it's so not what he's been like. Bill was sort of weirdly the inspiration for three mics in a weird way because he had done a thing called The Moth and he talked about emotional stuff. So I just but I just did two of them, and the other thing is like, I feel better. I don't feel depressed anymore.
Speaker 2: So I didn't.
Speaker 18: I wasn't going to force it. I did crazy good in DC, and a dude DM me afterward and was like, I kept waiting for you to show up because he was basically saying like, why weren't you sad? So I have an announcement at the beginning of the show like, Hey, I'm not sad, so just enjoy yourself.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. What got you out of that sad spot?
Speaker 1: Because you've been up here several times, yeah, and you had a total different light, different space.
Speaker 2: And I was like, friend is not sad today, he's not down, So what got you to this new space? I call it plant medicine. The cops call him drugs.
Speaker 18: Okay, Honestly, the thing I talked about before ayahuasca, this thing called d MT, which I don't recommend, but it was. It kind of broke my brain and then it recongealed into something better. And then this past year MDMA has been really good for if you do md M A in a non party space. In my experience, it was a god connection. That's ecstasy.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask, you know, will you ever fearful of losing the quote unquote touch right when you have a speak to sometimes raps? It'd be like, I don't want to give up the lean because that's I think that helps me right better. Did you ever feel like if I go through what I'm going through the ayahuasc whatever you're trying to get, you know, over.
Speaker 2: That book, that hook, that you would lose your touch as a comedian. There.
Speaker 18: I'm of two minds about it, which is one of them is it's a reflex at this point, like I've been known this like thirty years, so if a news story happens, I can kind of like you know, and if I lose it.
Speaker 2: I had a good run, like I've started.
Speaker 18: Half Bay came out twenty seven years ago, right, so no, I know, so like I've been I wrote for all that on Nickelodeon, Like I've been out here, you wrote I was, but yes, I was fighting the molesters, and like, I've been doing this a long ass time. So if I lose the touch, I lose the touch. But what I found is the touch is a reflex at this point, like I just my brain does it out.
Speaker 2: Of the touch? Did you see any of that, Nickelodeon.
Speaker 18: Thank you for bringing that up. I didn't see any of it, Charle Mayne, but I am against Yeah, so I hope.
Speaker 2: So now we're on the record and hopefully this will hold.
Speaker 9: Up in court.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christy, No, I didn't see that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, all your specials have a great name, which is not just names. If you've seen it through mics, you know why it's called through micros. If you're seeing blocks, you know why it's called blocks. I'm assuming crazy good is just crazy good.
Speaker 18: Uh, crazy good is actually okay. So one of the parts of the special is making fun of the commodification of mental health, like making fun of TikTok psychology and all that. I'm not against it, but I just feel like the amount of people making videos about trauma and all the diagnoses of like you're being gasolt. Just all that stuff is so aggravating. It's so aggravating, and it's also dishonest because none of these people have any idea what they're talking about. They just hurt it on another TikTok. So I'm basically toward the end I'm saying, dude, we go to therapy, take medication, do I do all the stuff you gotta do, But just know that most of the great things in life are from psychopaths and drug addicts.
Speaker 2: Damn Jesus. I mean, if I'm wrong, let me know. What's it? All right?
Speaker 18: All the inventor Sigmund Freud, Okay, open cocaine. Most of Freud's books should be called this maybe the cocaine talking like there he was a coke head, Like, yeah, women are jealous of our ye, like it's real cokey Edison did coke.
Speaker 2: The Wright brothers, I don't know if they were on math, but they have the metheist idea, which is like, hey, do you feel like you can fly? The modern inventors elon musk.
Speaker 18: Something, yeah, ketamine or he's just out of his mind, And then I get into like what about musicians? Okay, the Rolling Stones had in order to tour America had to get a doctor to test them for drugs every day, and the doctor lasted six weeks before he got hooked on cocaine. Dang yeah, hip hop, lean we weed. And then I do comedians, Well, why are you guys all psychopathic drug addicts? I'm like, so far Richard Pryort drug addict, George Carlin drug addict, Bill Cosby, choose your own adventure. The modern ones like you know, Lenny Bruce a drug addict. John Belushi's a drug addict. John mulaney told me to remind people he's a drug addict in the bit, like people were all something. So I'm not saying don't treat it. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying the audience needs to accept that we're not the Other thing that's been happening is like comedians are like moral leaders, like Dave or being a It's like why it's they're these serious issues and like transgender rights and stuff, and then how bankrupt are other segments of society that they finally were.
Speaker 2: Like, well what do the clowns think?
Speaker 18: Why are you asking us what we think about these This should have never gotten to our desk. It's for politicians and clergy and other leaders. But like, don't turn to Joe Rogan for vaccine advice. Yeah, I think there's one.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 3: I would say when I watched George Carlin, Now he was very prophetic, Yeah, yes, yeah, but I can name a bunch of real dark like he had a bit about blamia rich won't eat.
Speaker 18: Not exactly the most ethical take he had. You know, he went both ways, so again we can be that.
Speaker 2: But the job.
Speaker 18: No one moves out to LA to be righteous. Yeah, yeah, everyone moves out there to be funny and famous, you know. And it's the same thing with like is Ellen nice?
Speaker 2: Is Ellen?
Speaker 18: And I'm like, first of all, Ellen's hilarious, A and B she said gay rights icon, Like like I don't. I don't need her to be She came out on television, got kicked off television for being gay, and then came back and dominated.
Speaker 2: But that's not enough for people. They're like, yeah, but is she nice?
Speaker 18: It's so childish. It's like being like, is my car also a boat? Just appreciate that your car also?
Speaker 2: Is Ellen nice?
Speaker 18: How many nice lesbians have you ever met your entire life?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: I say, we don't talk about toxic studs enough. I say it often. I know, step up toxic toxic studs.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back, we got more with Neil Brennan, So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club, Good Morning Owning. Everybody's DJ Envy Jesse Lory Charlamane, the guy we are to Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Neil Brennan. You know, with your resume and your talent and all the things that you've done and how funny you are, do you feel like you look you get overlooked a lot by the public, Like you should be a bigger comedian, like you said the years that you put in this industry, from writing, for being on stage telling jokes all that.
Speaker 18: Uh, you know, I could say yes or no, because I kind of feel like there's no one who I feel like I deserve there. I should be in their place, you know what I mean? Like when and I also feel like certain people the people that are like people that do arenas or whatever, it's like they have real performance attributes that I don't necessarily have, Like they're just really they walk on stage and you're like, well, this is gonna be. I always tell Kevin Hart he is sunshine. He's sunshine. I direct some of those Chase commercials. You cut to that mother in a close up. The sun is shining right. It can be an in, it can be in a in a house. He's just like, let me tell you something. Charle May just he's Dave is bugs bunny. He just is bugs bunny. There's nothing you can do about. Chris Rock talks like a chainsaw inganging. It's like Ellen sounds like a flute and and a baby. Jerry Seinfeld sounds like a clarinet. So so all these people, it's I mean, and I clearly have thought about it, but it's again the gratitude thing. You've had a great career. I've had a dude, I've had something like, yeah, I have an announcement to make everybody uh. But that's the thing is like I could focus on like what why not? But the last six months to a year, I've just been like, this is amazing. Like I'm either in the ring or I have ringside seats.
Speaker 2: Go for for life. It's not like forever, but like so far.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on comedians critiquing other comedians about two things in particular, One whether or not another comedian is funny, and two this I think it's to me, it's kind of a new phenomenon comedian saying other comedians are making offensive jokes. We was talking about that this week with Gerrod Carmichael Dave Chappelle because he said, Pressie was saying, you know, Dave's whole legacy is transgender jokes. And then he said Daves the ego maniac. But then literally and I said, I said, you should not criticize the comedian about anything fensive because it can happen to you in a.
Speaker 2: Second, and literally left the Twelve hours later, they were on Gerard about what he said on the HBO show, and you know, being a playing slave in math. Yeah, it's like it's like me too, and somebody.
Speaker 18: It's like we can all get popps for tons of anything if you've been doing it long enough, like you did a pop you don't even we all do so many podcasts you don't even remember, and then someone can remember.
Speaker 2: Then you're like, no, but that is my I guess I said that.
Speaker 18: So that's the thing of like casting the first stone, like it's a dangerous game because everyone it's like mutually assured destruction. Basically, once you start point fingers, yeah, pointing fingers, it's it's it's gonna be Spider Man in any any minute.
Speaker 3: You know, Bill Burr spoke about being on Chappelle Show back in the day. Did you know that all of those guys, the Birds, the Rogans, the Donnelle role and Charlie Murphy, did you know all of these people would end up being what stuff for Donnelle icons.
Speaker 2: In their own right? Yeah?
Speaker 18: I mean I remember when Bill auditioned and Dave was like, thank god he can act, because that dude, it's really fun. And Charlie and all I remember about doing the show was just it was very hard, but it was very gratifying to be able to have like small ideas with me and Dave and then being able to expand them because the Charlie, I don't have ever told you that, but like we me and Dave wrote Half Baked, we turned it in in nineteen ninety seven. We have a celebratory mushroom night and uh and this is when I wasn't using medicine for healing. It was back when I was just using it. The party baby, and we have we do mushrooms, go to club and I see Dave talking to this guy and I'm like, is it like Eddie Murphy's brother, like fat brother?
Speaker 2: And then I go over and it's Charlie. I didn't know him.
Speaker 18: I'm on mushrooms and Charlie's like holding court like me and my brother came out here.
Speaker 2: Did it? Was the only real mother tear? Did it? Jared Carles on it, and he.
Speaker 18: Kept talking about Hollywood, and Charlie was going this poison and ice cream, this mother, this pois in an ice cream. So then me and they would say there's poison and ice cream for like years. Then we were writing that real World sketch and we were like, you know, we should get for this. We should get Charlie Murphy to see if he can do it. And then based on doing shrooms with them five years earlier and being like, it's something about that guy. Wow, So I guess there and then and then snowballed into and then he tells the Rick James story, he tells the Prince story. He and then it just became it changed all of our lives. So it's you know, it's like taking credit for it seems wrong because it's we all got so much from it, from having him on the show.
Speaker 2: He tells the story that my life. It's like, you know, before and.
Speaker 18: After that sketch airing, like I could almost tell you the date it was twenty years ago, like recently.
Speaker 2: Could a show like that exist ever? Again?
Speaker 18: I think you could probably figure out a way to do the sketches, but in terms.
Speaker 2: Of impact, it was one.
Speaker 18: It was like one funnel, like culture was one funnel, and so you would get it, like go to the funnel and get what came out. And now there's a million funnels on all of our phone so you just go, like I subscribe to forty funnels and then you but it used to be do you there was only one place to go or three places to go, so we I guess Comedy Center wasn't like as.
Speaker 2: Big before Chappelle Sha, but but it was always big.
Speaker 18: And then Yeah, so I don't You could probably do the sketches, but I don't think it would have the thing where everyone's watching it, gotcha, you know, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Do you guys think it depends who the talent is.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's possible, but but it's unlikely yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 18: Dave always says like people are probably not going to be famous again the same way I was dull.
Speaker 2: No way, that's been I know.
Speaker 18: But it is an interesting thing of like why not and you go cause it's you can't. It's the funnel problem. Yeah, you know what I mean. Like I was, you know, Mike Myers, Like I was talking to Mike Myers the Committity and we were talking about showbiz and he was he was talking about Shobaz and I as he was talking, and I was like, in one decade Mike Myers was Wayne from Wayne's World, Shrek, Doctor Evil, and Austin Powers. You can run for president one guy. Wow, one guy he's Canadian. Oh, one guy in ten years into like damn so that and he goes, yeah, it was a monoculture and now it's like sort of more of a free fro.
Speaker 3: All eighties and ninety celebrity is so powerful. Literally you can get elected president of the United States of America. Yeah, it's a different level of celebrity. Yeah, black, all white, No, it's just a different level of celebrity.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it is like the last of the like Tom Cruise, Yes, Madonna, as I saw you two at the sphere like they're real and they sold seven hundred and fifty thousand tickets in two months.
Speaker 2: It's like that's a lot of tickets. But that's when it was real fandom.
Speaker 3: Real talent in the barrier of entry was way more difficult to get in any of these spaces.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you had to You had to be talented or you had to be like because I don't think Madonna or Tom Cruise are the most but they're really good at like they don't Madonna's doesn't have the best singing voice. Tom CERs probably don't have the best acting instrument, but like they figured they were good. They took the job seriously. Like Tom Cruise is like like jumping rope before, you know, like doing to make himself this last.
Speaker 2: Movie, did his own stunts. Yeah, it's crazy. Yep, that's all crazy. Good is streaming now, that's what we're saying. All that to say, watch Neil Brennan Crazy.
Speaker 1: Out right now.
Speaker 2: Make sure you go check it out on Netflix.
Speaker 3: And you appreciate you that Neil's podcast to Man the Blocks, Thanks everybody, anything else, Neil Nah thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, It's Neil Brennan It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is the DJ, Envy Jess, Hilarious, Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. And it's about that time past the Awks.
Speaker 8: I'm feeling good. Happy Friday, guys.
Speaker 2: I like the natural afro joint.
Speaker 8: Love it, Thank you, you know it's it's giving.
Speaker 7: Embrace yourself, apologize today.
Speaker 21: Now why would I apologize? Oh, you're trying to be funny. That's not even funny. But I was at dreambo Fest and I had a really good time. This is my first time actually working it, so I used to well. I attended the very first one, the next one I smoked backstage, the third one I was inviting backstage, and now this one I actually got to work.
Speaker 7: So it was really cool.
Speaker 2: Just watching hosting the posto Amazon.
Speaker 21: Right, Amazon Music and Speedy Ambrins is so dope.
Speaker 8: Shout out to Amber.
Speaker 21: But all right, I'm gonna get into the first track for today. It's from Chris Patrick and it's called take Time for Myself off his new project Calm.
Speaker 12: Want to say the world Till I realize saving the world don't do much. At the end of the day, I could die for the clubs. Folks still want to go up the nigga. I've seen the real time both after and my deal sign transformation, cancelation, amputations into taking over damage made my ramp around my souliers playing the guys once she found his way so as you never find instead of me playing of course for project three, my landlord.
Speaker 2: Taking me to try. At the end of the day, you can save the world for N word and they still want with the N word.
Speaker 8: You felt that.
Speaker 2: Damn drop on a clud bump for that young.
Speaker 21: Man I got for that O the record Chris Patrick. He's from Jersey, so shout out to Chris that just had him on my podcast. We need to talk, so definitely tap.
Speaker 2: In for that Chris Patrick fd N words. I'm with you, Chris, Oh my god, Okay else hear an apptase.
Speaker 21: Next up, it's gonna be Future and Metro Wooman with Red Leather, you know cold and the surprise feature on the record and I'm still team Greenville, so let's get into it.
Speaker 7: Red Leather put got.
Speaker 22: Twenty girlfriends that I'm doing it wrong, cut off my no, I'm only playing you on a song.
Speaker 2: Hey on and front of the playground.
Speaker 22: Hey, now maybe that's me. Then I was playing around right like the chicken with his head cut off through the streets with a freaks my shoulder players and my older age see the era in my wings. But I'm still not totally over all the temptation flu.
Speaker 3: All your clowns yelling and screaming all over your podcast and all over social media, acting like y'all are not gonna mess with Cold no more. But as soon as the fall off drop, you're gonna be using Cold Penis for transportation again.
Speaker 8: Now, Coke, get busy your transportation again.
Speaker 1: Cold is busy. You can't deny that. Like he's he's nice. He's one of the nicest out there. I don't know why people are acting like he of course he apologized whatever he said that he's whack.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm worried about that, dude, though, you're acting like you don't mess with Cold musically because it's something he said that had nothing to do with.
Speaker 2: Music, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I can understand if you dropped like a super wack project. You're like, I'm off Cold, But he's just apologizing. Now you're acting like you know he never made good music and he still don't.
Speaker 8: Well, it was blowing me.
Speaker 21: Is people saying like I can't even listen to him no more like it is that to date the lines that he said before, when in reality, a lot of your favorite rappers use ghostwriters. So what's the difference between a ghost writer and then tough?
Speaker 1: Like, like, I don't understand how valid's he always said he's not a tough guy.
Speaker 2: But but even with that conscious you don't even know exactly.
Speaker 3: I feel like this verse has something to do with what happened at dream that it doesn't totally different things. He's talking about being tough in life, and you know he's not talking about what happened at Dreams.
Speaker 2: I do have one thing to say about a question. I thought Cole was.
Speaker 3: Married, Ye, he'd be rapping about sleeping with a lot of women.
Speaker 8: He literally just said in this verse. No, he just said in this verse.
Speaker 2: I know that that on Mike later and in that verse I.
Speaker 8: Said he'd be having temptation, but he's only committed to one.
Speaker 3: No, he said he's a conscious rapper who will sleep with a woman another man's girlfriend every now and then.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. He said he could I thought he was talking about old life, like I used this used to be my life.
Speaker 8: You're trying to get him jammed.
Speaker 2: Right now, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, that's the smoking, That's right, that's the smoke you need the ducky. I'm sorry, my bad.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to call. No problems at home, just asking questions.
Speaker 21: Yes, shout out to I'm actually excited because you know, people were mad about the apology. But actually now he might have a number one, so I think that's cool. It's between him and him and.
Speaker 8: Beyonce, So shout out to cold. I feel like we deserve it.
Speaker 21: But next timm a goo wire golorrilla and making the Stallion would want to be This record has been on repeat since last week.
Speaker 23: Last period D A D D e H T same used to want to be besties. You can get your weak turns like need the shirts because it can't break me.
Speaker 7: Pretty went on.
Speaker 23: I'm coming like Freddy your mother. You know my chick is your daddy got their tea catch it. It looks like a count's and a female tighten.
Speaker 2: I'm stepping on some show on tore up the city. A p I M P I from back to me because you're born and.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy. Ladies wrapping harder than all of y'all. Negro, I know she got a little bit of hair on her chest, she got a little bit of I don't know that.
Speaker 4: To think about that.
Speaker 7: Something into something else, but that that was good.
Speaker 21: I feel like people be questioning makes pen and makes placement, but I feel like she's right where she need to be. This is the pocket I saw she was online asking like what directions she should take her album.
Speaker 2: I like that this, this is it.
Speaker 7: This is what we want.
Speaker 2: Every day. Everything, everything, everything, everything is hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, the girls are doing good. The guys are in madness right now, and the girls are just over here having fun. So I like this for us.
Speaker 21: But speaking of girls, I got two girls like My next showcase next Friday, Certified Vibe sponsored by two Loss. So shout out to two Loss again, and shout out to Kaya Tekila, who's also sponsoring us. It's gonna be Alex, Molly and the artists who both for dropping Well artists already dropped their project and Alex is about to do a crazy drop too, So come tune in. It's a cafe Residly and Brooklyn. Make sure you follow me on Instagram at Nilos Simo n y la s y m O.
Speaker 4: N E e E.
Speaker 21: That's next five bus, next five ye, next Friday, next Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, all right, well thank you big Nila.
Speaker 1: All right now when we come back, we got the People's Choice mix. You know, we throw back on a Friday's The Breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning everybody, seej Envy, Jesse, Hilari, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a salute Neil Brennan for joining us today.
Speaker 3: Salute to the good brother Neil Brennan. Make sure you check out his new Netflix special Crazy Good. Let me tell you something about Neil Brennan. Man, Neil Brennan makes some of the best stand ups. Three Mics and Blocks two of the most creative stand up specials. He actually makes specials that are actually special. I haven't seen Crazy Good yet, but three mics in Blocks are fantastic.
Speaker 2: And also Michael Eric Dison for joining us this morning. To the good brother Michael Eric Dison.
Speaker 3: Man. I don't even know what Michael Eric Dison got going on, because he's Michael Ared Didyson. He all got something going on, you know, what I'm saying. Okay, go listen to Mike Laric Dison to get you for capital.
Speaker 7: Don't I know the words to any songs called Michael ur.
Speaker 2: You right about that? And when we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God we are the Breakfast Club Today is today. Civil War is finally in theaters now, Jess. I know you like big action movies and Civil War has it all.
Speaker 16: Yes, everybody been talking about this. They told me there's gonna be a lot of action involved. Don't them up for a good little war.
Speaker 1: It will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat and a future America A team of military embedded journalist racist against time to reach Washington, DC before rebel factions descend upon the White House. If you enjoyed Last of Us or Apocalypse Now, then this is the movie for you. From A twenty four and written and directed by Alex Garland, Civil War is in theaters right now, So get your tickets because you definitely have to see the action sequences in IMAX. So do yourself a favor and go see Civil War. This weekend and experience on IMAX.
Speaker 2: Positive notes up next morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarioushell and the Guy. We are the breakfast clubs. Time to get up out of here, show them and you got a positive note?
Speaker 3: I do. But before I do the positive note, man, you know, I don't know why I do this at this time, all the time, I keep forgetting, but I just want to tell y'all make sure to get your tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: The tickets are moving.
Speaker 3: We're on pace to sell out, So go get those tickets man at event bright dot com at Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: When they're gone, they're gone. Okay.
Speaker 3: So we got wallow on Gilly on that stage. Poor Mind's podcast will be on that stage. Drean Lex, we got Horrible Decisions Man, then Weezy on that stage.
Speaker 2: We got Debbie Brown with Deeply Well, The ball Alert show'll be on that stage.
Speaker 3: Will Lucas with Black Tech, Green Money, and the Good Sister Jessea Larris. We're doing her podcast Carefully Reckless on that stage is hosted by b dot In Pretty v we have the Black Effect Marketplace with all your favorite you know, restaurants and food trucks, and we have to pitch your podcast activation a whole lot of good stuff, man. So we'll see you Saturday, April twenty seventh in Atlanta at the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. Go to a Bentwright dot com a Black Effect dot com slash podcast Festival to get your tickets now. The positive notice simply this, removing yourself from places where you don't feel loved, appreciated, or respected is a form of self care.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend breakfast club bitches, do y'a finished or y'all done.