Speaker 1: This is Let's be clear with Shannon Doherty. Hi guys, this is let's be clear with Shannon Doherty. And today I have on what's probably my absolute favorite ex boyfriend of all time, Rob Wise.
Speaker 2: That's very sweet, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's true though, You're my favorite really. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always say that you were like the one person I dated that was truly a good guy and smart and funny and talented creative. You inspired me a lot. And we were together for a freaking long time, seven and a half years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think every.
Speaker 4: Decade it goes up another half year we were together. I think you're like, we were together eight years, you know now, well, you know I feel the same way about you. It's it's kind of crazy, you know, that's so much time past and how young we were, and you know, we're like the.
Speaker 3: Kids there were kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know, how many real relationships does somebody get in their lifetime, you know? I mean, I mean I've had a handful, You've had a handful. They're obviously big chapters, you know, and each one of those chapters teaches you something about life, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Speaker 3: But no, Yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Were the one that I don't like even my parents liked you sometimes most of the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were they were dope.
Speaker 4: I love them, but you know, like they were as happy as you were happy, you know what I mean, Like if you were kind of like I'm out of here, they were carrying the boxes.
Speaker 2: You so. But I always like your.
Speaker 4: Dad your mom's Your mom's a little more like if I remember correctly, she was more like the Mama Bear tiger. She was quicker to be like that. Your dad was always chill, yes, Like I always had a good vibe with Tom. He was a solid cat.
Speaker 2: A good soul, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm gonna try to get you to cry, like five minutes into your own podcast.
Speaker 1: I want to do it today. Yeah, my mom definitely Mama Bear. But also do you remember when we, like my mom and I came, we painted the house of course, like she loved doing like she and she wanted to see your you know, reaction, and she was excited.
Speaker 3: You guys got along really well.
Speaker 2: No. I really appreciate Rosa.
Speaker 4: You know, she's a really really strong person given all the things she's been through, you know what I mean, she a lot heaped on so of you.
Speaker 2: You know, you come from a very strong.
Speaker 4: Stock of people. Yeah, I don't think people. I think people know, like people always knew you were strong, super vocal, tough, but I don't think they necessarily understood the forty two dude, you know what I mean? And how good you guys are at obstacles.
Speaker 3: So we are pretty good at obstacles.
Speaker 1: Will either jump over it or just plow straight through it, regardless of how much we get hurt.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: The older I get, I'm sure I just want to ignore it, you know what I mean. I'm like, wait, what, I didn't even see that and I didn't notice that it was happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I'm now way more aware of everything, like with age and but I but I avoid the obstacles instead.
Speaker 3: Of plowing through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same thing.
Speaker 3: It's just what's the point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just how much conflict in one person deal with? You know. It's like, I mean, I guess a lot, a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think we met in ninety four.
Speaker 4: I want to say, well, it's kind of crazy actually, because that's not fully accurate ninety three. It's it's kind of it's a little bit more like I want to say kind of like fortuitous, like cosmic y because I came out on vacation in the early nineties, like ninety one.
Speaker 2: It had to be like ninety one. And again I was very young.
Speaker 4: I was like fourteen or twelve whatever it was, and that wasn't well. But I was at Ball one and I was there with a group of guys and I met you and we had this vibe. I and at the time nine o two and zero had just started airing.
Speaker 2: I knew who you were, you know. I went back home. I was like watching that shit, I'm my yead. It was my girl from Ball one. You know. We had a little vibe.
Speaker 4: Then I made amongst friends, which was you know, I was already in the process of wanting to go into the film business, so I'd been studying film at Parsons, so I already knew I was going to do that. But I think that particular trip in general and the culture of LA at that time and the business and the people I met was really inspiring to me. Present company included and then made the movie Went to Sundance. Was like successful, moved to LA and then you knew people.
Speaker 2: I knew people. I don't really mention anymore. But you knew people I.
Speaker 4: Knew, and somehow you were like you said to that person, like, oh you know that guy who made that movie, and they were like, yeah, that's the guy you met at ball one light.
Speaker 2: Two years ago.
Speaker 4: You were married at the time, and then we just kind of started to see each other around, you know what I mean, I think, and that was around probably ninety four and then yeah, we started dating.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so what I remember is, I mean.
Speaker 4: Dating back then was different, by the way, and if we're going to call it out, which called it out. Dating back then was like you went and hung out somebody if you liked them. You were just like in a thing, you know, and immediately which is it was just like cool, I'm gonna go get my shit, I'll be back here and I'll just live here, you know, or vice versa, which just basically was with us.
Speaker 1: I mean it was, yeah, you know, like I left the first husband and we'd been I guess separated for I don't know a couple of months or six months something like that. And are you know at that time mutual friend. Yeah, brought you came over.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have no right exactly.
Speaker 4: You guys had like I remember drinking, like you know, I was back then. I drank obviously, you know, and I was like twenty five or something. I think we would drinking jack Dang. I was probably playing like you were drinking games. Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we Yeah, we hooked up and stayed together for ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like nine and a half years. It was a nine and a half year of relationship.
Speaker 3: It was seven and a half years that we were together there.
Speaker 2: No, it was.
Speaker 4: Definitely seven years because you were only like twenty two at the time. It was right before your twenty third birthday, so and I'm four years old, so I was twenty six. Yeah, it was like twenty three twenty seven was our age thing. And I think we would we did that until the thirties or something on my thirties.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a heavy duty seven years.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a long I think for for that time time period with me on nine o two now, then getting fired from nine oh and dealing with that feeling you coming out with monks friends and having a you know, bungalow at Universal and.
Speaker 4: Yeah that I never went to you evere riddled with insecurity. I had so much fear I couldn't pull a trigger on another thing, Like if I didn't go to therapy, I wouldn't be in this business now, like if I didn't like get to the bottom of mice.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I think like the two of us were just like hiding out together for a while, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Think we were. Although you wrote milk Bar.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I wasn't like and I wasn't out of the business.
Speaker 1: I just remember how roud I was of you because it was so good.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, you know what's crazy is we still talk about that project is now it would be.
Speaker 2: Just an epic period piece. But I was functional.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to apply that like like I was like withdrawing from the business, but I think I I just was having such a hard time acclimating to not being a failure, you know what I mean. Like I wouldn't say I was like a super successful guy, but I definitely wasn't the failure that I felt like I was three years before. So for me, that was a pretty seismic adjustment to go through. So yeah, but I wrote milk Bar and I wrote that while I was with you, and I think I was a bomb in the iceberg slim thing.
Speaker 2: Together, such a couple of shows, like I was act, you.
Speaker 3: Were in the bradyston Ellis thing.
Speaker 4: I was going to do American Psycho. That's right, Yeah, I mean it was, it was. It was a great period in the business. I mean, obviously, you know, there were a lot of things about the business that weren't great also, which we've seen over the last twenty years that dissected and take it apart. But creatively, it felt like a pretty inspiring time.
Speaker 3: You know, right, Being that young that might have.
Speaker 4: Factored into it. Also, maybe it's less about the period of creating in the nineties, but maybe not, because I felt like even when you went and did the Kevin's Myth thing and how excited I was.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh you should do.
Speaker 4: And I think we watched Clerks together, and it was like people were inspired, like indies would just starting to really crank up. Sun Dance was new, you know what I mean, that kind of festival vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we went to the What the Spirit Awards together, we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you were the one.
Speaker 1: Who introduced me to the whole like independent film world thing. You were like, listen, it doesn't matter if you got fired off, not.
Speaker 4: Didn't like me anyway, because like I just fell between a crack man. That movie was like my mashup of like nine O two and zero meets Goodfellas, right, so it was like pretty kids in Long Island acting like gangsters. So indie purists, even though it was a super indie film, it had commercial sensibility, so indie people were probably like, no, this guy, he's he's not an artist or he's not high art enough, and commercial world, the commercial world was more apt to accept me into. But I want it to be you know, artsy, I think you know. So henceforth, how we wound up with that Spirit Awards, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of history and again in a very significance.
Speaker 2: I look good, you look really good.
Speaker 4: Look at myself on this thing, but I want to make sure my angles are right.
Speaker 3: I'm all right, Yeah, your angles are great.
Speaker 4: Even want you to cut that out because I want people to know that you literally are talking to it, dude. You know for like twenty some thirty years, who's like insanely vein still and old old and vain.
Speaker 3: Old in vain. Yeah, no, you look really good. You look good. You'll probably get some dates off.
Speaker 2: This really, Yeah, I just want money, man.
Speaker 1: Obviously we were engaged. Yeah, I love the idea of marriage. I believe in that. But after my last yeah, brutal marriage. But what it taught me is that a piece of paper doesn't really mean anything.
Speaker 2: It doesn't it. I think it's our person. Back in the day, people would be like, yeah.
Speaker 4: But it makes you stay, and it makes you fight, makes you hard time. And I'm like, I don't want to work on like, I just want to work on me, Like I have the things that I need to direct the energy into. I share a child with somebody, Sasha, we need to work on our relationship to benefit.
Speaker 2: Our child, right, because I need to.
Speaker 4: Work on him. With him, I need to work on me how I you know, it relates to him and his future, me having a girlfriend or a wife, and like we're just going like this, it might be just a bad fit, you know what I mean. Like I'm not working on like, you know, getting like puzzle pieces to stick together that don't belong together, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you got to go through divorce and you know, you lose half of your stuff and you got to it just becomes so complicated that you know, I mean, as you know, my parents were married until.
Speaker 3: My dad died.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, my.
Speaker 1: Mom still wears her wedding band. So I grew up with thinking.
Speaker 2: That that's a different time.
Speaker 3: Though it is a different time, and I you know.
Speaker 4: Back when they got married, like you married like your classmates, you married somebody like who was down the road from you. You know, you didn't get off the block, you know what I mean. There was no Instagram, there were no options. The world felt so small. And I'm not saying that's a good thing either, by the way. I'm not saying like you should live a life and go like, oh, that was fun, I'm going to go on to the next one, you know, even though plenty of people are out there doing it. But I think that you know, the world feels in some ways a lot smaller, but you realize the scale of it, and you know, it's probably less likely now that you're going to grind through the hard times with somebody. You know, then thirty forty years ago people would do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, again, I'm not saying that you shouldn't grind through the hard times because obviously you have a family, there's a lot at stake, like you're highlighting the divorce is a painful process. It's an expensive one. And listen, even I wasn't married to my son's mother. That was a painful breakup. Breaking up with you.
Speaker 2: We weren't married, that's that was painful. For three years.
Speaker 4: We were together four plus years, and then I think did three years on and off. Yeah, Like we wouldn't even see us speak to each other for six months, running to each other be like, oh you want to live together again?
Speaker 2: Okay, Like this's a crazy shit we would do. But you know, it's hard to move on from.
Speaker 4: Really really deep, meaningful relationships, you know.
Speaker 1: And I think there's just certain people though, that you that you stay attracted to, like your entire life, because it goes beyond too, for sure, and it goes beyond the physical. It's you know, when two people's brains sort of snap together in that sense where they really recognize one another and their conversations are always interesting and they can challenge each other a little bit. I think that that's I don't think it's that easy to find, right, so there's always that connection.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 4: I think that like when you when you really connect to people on a soul level you do stay well. Even in friendships, there are certain bonds and connections that are beyond what is tangible to us that we could think about in an analytical way. So I agree with that, you know, And I don't feel like any relationship I've ever had of length was not without like some impact in a beneficial way for my life. Like even though your thing is fresh right now, you know, relatively over the last year, you know, right, But in hindsight, someday you'll look at it. You might still see no benefits, that's definitely a possibility, but you might see little things you learned about you on the way, on the in the you know, in the it was eleven years, twelve years, you know, you know what.
Speaker 1: You're right, I didn't learn no, I mean I already know that I learned something, which is, you know, I need to listen to my gut not and not be scared of of disrupting things.
Speaker 2: You mean that people's expectations.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: I told you before obviously we started recording. I said that like the week before the wedding.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 4: But but but you know what I spoke to you before the wedding too, because he you get something that happened, and you like, he went home to his parents of Florida, and I think I was like, yo, Shana, I want to just chill out, get married, and just like maybe just don't create like a whole issue.
Speaker 2: Once I was.
Speaker 4: Like, why didn't you just chill out? Well, I don't remember exactly, but what I'm saying is.
Speaker 3: So you're to blame, Okay.
Speaker 4: But I think what I would say, I think what I would say is and it's tricky because I want to figure out how to articulate what I want to say without and like, yes, without being offensive or insulting. But if you've made some wrong choices before, right, don't right, You don't necessarily know if your instinct's taking you to make a bad choice or a good choice. Yeah, so there is one lane in which you're instinctively you could have set yourself I shouldn't marry this guy, and really you'd be runaway bride, right, Like you could have been that, and you've been like, oh, you left behind a good guy. Then your instincts were obviously right, because if he did it before, he's going to do it again. It's a patterns like and that doesn't apply to everything in life, but it applies to a lot of.
Speaker 2: Things in life, you know. So if you don't like this is what he does, it's recidivism.
Speaker 1: But don't you find that interesting that, Like the week before we were talking, you told me to just go ahead and get mind.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was a week before.
Speaker 4: I think I just remember at some point you and I spoke and I was like, like.
Speaker 2: Don't make waves.
Speaker 4: But I think it was more like you guys were in some kind of state of conflict and he like, you know, ran back to Florida and you're like it's a pussy or something like that, you know, And I was like, I was like, just chill, man, just chill.
Speaker 2: Just go with it. You know.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the exact scenario, but you know, it's your story, man, Yeah, it's your story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You could have got with some other dude and you'd be like, oh, yeah, I'm go. You know, he's a top the pilot and crashed and God forbid, not.
Speaker 2: Gonna wanted to. Anything can happen at anytime. There's just no guarantees. That's the thing about relationships. Like I think most people probably wake up one day and don't know.
Speaker 4: Who the has been laying next like ten years, they're like, who is this guy?
Speaker 2: Who is this girl?
Speaker 3: This person?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who are they? Like?
Speaker 4: People change, they evolve, like you take your eye off the ball for a second, the ball somewhere else, yeah, you know, and it's like and then even worse is like the people who don't even give each other room to breathe. They nevitate the eye off the ball, you know, Like I know, like couples that are like that, and you're just like, holy shit, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's healthier or it feels unhealthy because you're having to be so attentive to that relationship and to that person that I would imagine that sometimes you would lose yourself in.
Speaker 3: It a little bit. I just know.
Speaker 1: Going back to what you were saying about like the grind and marriage. For me now, I don't want to do like the grind anymore in my life because I think it's one of the beautiful things that cancer has really taught me is to appreciate the piece, appreciate the fact that even though my life is disrupted to a certain degree just from cancer and treatments and all of that. It has brought me so much knowledge and changed me drastically as a human being, changed me into a person that now really appreciates calm and appreciates that peace and looks at certain situations or certain people, and I now say, like, like, that's not worth it. It's not worth my peace of mind. It's not worth the disruption of my life. And that's not for everyone, right, I mean, obviously, thank god my parents were so dedicated to each other and stayed together, and they definitely went on a bit of a grind throughout their marriage at times, as everyone does. So I think it's beautiful that some people can do it. I just know that for me, I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't mean I don't want a relationships.
Speaker 4: Say I would never say that I couldn't do it. I don't think that I have ever personally dreamed of my wedding day.
Speaker 2: That's just me. Like the commitment to another human, I'm totally cool with that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Like I'm like, I like like, you know, when I'm in a relationship, to be in a relationship. When I'm single, I like to feel single, you know, Like I try to embrace where I'm at. But the idea of marriage just always felt like antiquated to me.
Speaker 2: It just did.
Speaker 4: Like my son's mother is the single most we were only together. We dated for three years, me and my son's mother. She's a single most important woman to me on the planet. She is the mother of my child. There is no woman that I'm going to date that's going to be more important unless I have a kid with her, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just the way it is, like I didn't need to marry her to know.
Speaker 2: And recognize her value to me, you know.
Speaker 4: So, I mean it sounds like I'm really making a lot of excuses to not get married again.
Speaker 2: But by the way, if.
Speaker 4: I like, all madly in love with somebody who's important to them, great, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But I'm not young anymore.
Speaker 4: So a lot of these things that you mistake, even his love and like at times where we could be like, oh we love each other so much is painful. How much of that's love, you know, supposedly you love his ego lists? How much of its codependency?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: There's so many other factors, yeah, in life that play into what you feel and what you think you need that you know, the evidence that I have and have love for you is the fact I'm sitting here doing this with you right that. You know, we broke up twenty some more years ago and there's never been a day where like where I wouldn't take your back, you know what I mean, Like, that's just that's the reality. And I'm not the only X you have that feels that way, because I know Rick feels that way about you too, So I don't know about all the other exes.
Speaker 2: But they probably that way so well.
Speaker 1: And you guys are really the you know, I was telling you earlier that less Need was on the podcast, and we have categories that he uses for when he drafts right and one of those categories was like buyer beware and another one, which is obviously the lowest one and then the highest one is a math changer, like somebody who really comes in and changes things, like that player that you really really want.
Speaker 3: And I said that you were the math changer.
Speaker 1: I was like, Rob was always a math changer, like he was just you know, yes, we were young, and there were some mistakes made here and there, but you were the math changer. I think you still are. And then Rick, who you obviously know, I still adore. I love him, he loves me, just like our relationship he was in there.
Speaker 4: Beware well, he has different demons than me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He's a solid.
Speaker 1: Cat, and he's solid I mean, but he's just a guy too.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot to like about Rick.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't know him super super well, but every exchange I've ever had.
Speaker 2: With the guy a crack off. I think he's dope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But you know, we all bring something to the table of a relationship, and that is ourselves, for good.
Speaker 2: And bad, and you know, and.
Speaker 3: And it's also what you learn from the other person, right, I mean.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's just what you learned by like proxy, right, Like what you see, what I see you go through, what you see me going through? You know how I deal with that versus how you might deal with it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: We get to have these experiences that are kind of shared, even if they're not really.
Speaker 2: Both people's experiences. You know, it's like.
Speaker 4: It's I mean, some of the biggest lessons of my life. I think we're watching things happen to other people. You know, it's like my dad. My dad passed away too. Ironically, I didn't even tell you this, but doctor Chu took out my dad's brain tumor.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, and I love that guy. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: But but you know, watching that year of what my dad was going through taught me about you know what I mean, mostly.
Speaker 2: About mortality and how to look at that. You know.
Speaker 1: But your dad was a little bit like my dad in the sense of like these big guys who you just thought they were like indestructible, I mean they were and sort of larger than life. In a way, your dad was definitely larger than life.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 4: They were old school East Coast dudes. A day was a Jersey guy, my dad a Brooklyn guy. I mean they were, you know, they were.
Speaker 3: Get over here. A kid like your dad almost.
Speaker 4: Probably certainly be. And I mean, again, I love my dad. I miss him.
Speaker 2: He was you know, he was.
Speaker 4: He served in the military. He was definitely a tougher street cat. But he would one hundred percent be categorized that's a toxic man, not even a doubt, you know, by today's like criteria. He was like straight up cigarettes, smoke out and they have a quit until you know, he had lung cancer and died. You want a cigarette the smoke of cigarette again as long as I lived. But you know, they were a different breed a man that were that was born in the forties, fifties.
Speaker 2: It was just different. Everything's different, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's I loved him so much. When I saw him at the hospital, it was.
Speaker 2: Like he was so he started to cry when you showed up. Yeah, he was like yeah, it was it was.
Speaker 3: That'll make me cry just talking about your dad and showing up the hut.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I was yeah, And I remember being at your dad's.
Speaker 4: Funeral and then you see me and starting to cry and it was like heavy, man, there's.
Speaker 3: Heavy a lot together.
Speaker 4: Well that but that's the amazing thing about love and friendship and history with each other is like you know the times to pop in and now you know what I mean. Even when you said, hey, would you come on the Potos, like, of course I'd come on your podcast, You're like really, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, of course, I mean, you know, why wouldn't I.
Speaker 3: You know, so yeah, I mean it's not like I want to get up.
Speaker 2: And hug you at him on the podcast, I'm crying.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not like I would have every you know, excellon, but like you and are significant to me, and also because I still adore both of you, and I still always I walk away from either a phone conversation or seeing you in person with something different, whether I've learned something or a new feeling or I always view things as like we have these little invisible strings right right that sort of stretch out forever, and when you find someone that you connect with on that soul level that we were talking about, that string always stays there. Maybe it's not as thick as it was, but it's always You're still always.
Speaker 3: Tethered together in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, before I forget this for the people listening who were always asking where my pre wore a diamond heart necklace, you guys, the diamond heart necklace Uncharmed that prew wre was a gift from Rob.
Speaker 2: Do you want an the craziest thing.
Speaker 4: I was at Quinnox They, for whatever reason, at the times I'm in there in the morning, they're running Charmed. And this is maybe a couple of weeks ago, and I was watching you and I saw that necklace and I was like, oh, I gave her that fucking necklace I remembers so crazy.
Speaker 1: There's somebody on Instagram who breaks down all of like the wardrobe from the show episode and she keeps them mentioning the diamond.
Speaker 2: That's cool, man, let's cool you still have that.
Speaker 4: I have like some things you gave me too that I think I actually cleaned them like a year ago.
Speaker 2: Like there was just something.
Speaker 4: Like really cool silver necklaces and rings, and it's kind of you know, I don't really wear much jewelry, but it is kind of funny that I've always tattoos. You had a tattoo with my name on it. They called up with a bunch of flowers, which totally, by the way, I thought it was crazy got my name to begin with.
Speaker 2: So I was.
Speaker 4: Like, right, exactly, any gay name. I didn't have tattoos, and back then you probably were like, yeah, my name, and I was like, nah, baby, I'm a Jew.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. My dad. My dad would have but nobody could tell.
Speaker 4: But like sleeved on like both arms, my chest. You know, so if we had been together back then, I'd probably have like a giant shannon across my neck or something.
Speaker 3: You know, It's never too late.
Speaker 2: Rob, maybe you.
Speaker 4: Know what it's you know what I could potentially get a portrait, you know, I just may like, yobro, what do you have the nine or two and over in your back?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Do you have any space on your back?
Speaker 2: Left? My back is empty. I just it started.
Speaker 4: I got my son's name when my son was born, and I put like a little diamond over it as like like symbolism for his mom, which is just a funny story anyway, like she would do stuff like it. I'd be like to scroll such a gem like but I would you kind of CLUSI sarcastically, and then it actually stuck is her nickname in a loving way where she's the gym.
Speaker 2: She's the gym, right, So.
Speaker 4: I put like the diamond for her, because I've never put anybody's names on me, just called eto like alf my son, right.
Speaker 2: And then then my dog died. Then Moses died.
Speaker 4: The story I told you about pre thing where you know, So then I put his portrait. So then I'm like I had to two of them, and mister Cartoon is a very well known tattoo artist, did them. And I was going to him and I was going to like join them together. I don't even know what I was thinking. But as I'm driving there, I'm like, wait, I got like the one of the most famous tattoo artists in the world, and I keep doing things on my chest with nobody could see him. So I was like, hey, man, what do you think about doing something on the arm, And he was like, yo, the arm is prime real estate for a tattoo artist. So they start the arm and once you start the arm, you start looking at it.
Speaker 2: You like, I need to do more.
Speaker 4: So then I did the whole arm with multiple things. Everything on there means something to me. And then I would look in the mirror and I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, oh and sleep.
Speaker 4: It's so weird, Like my brain is crazy. So that I started this leave and it's pretty much dumb.
Speaker 3: I wanted like symmetry and in it, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's possible. With this, It's like it's partially addicted.
Speaker 4: It's addictive, but it's also partially designed, where like something's not right, but if it ain't right, like you got a problem because you're like covering up, which you know, it's not like you can move it around, but you know, anywhow I mean.
Speaker 1: I want one like right down my side really well, yeah, I've been wanting it for my dad's name, and like, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Get the guys to do it. I have such great guys to do that.
Speaker 1: I just I'm like, yeah, it's all right, I don't need it. It's also once you get you know, I'm like, I can't get infections. Like there's a whole not that you're going to get something from attach.
Speaker 2: Is it going to take like some like Alley tattoo Paul? You know, yeah, my friend's great, he does it, does it?
Speaker 4: Does it out of the back of his fucking surf wagon and Venice Beach take you.
Speaker 2: I have friends with like great, great. I mean my.
Speaker 1: Tattoo now looks like it looks like an anchor, so I look like Popeye.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, because you had the thing underneath and you had to cross exactly.
Speaker 1: And then I have to put the band of flowers to cover your name, so it looks like an anchor. It's so embarrassing. I try to wear pants most of the time, so.
Speaker 2: It probably looks great. If you got a sailor out and on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the one like one of these like little navy shirts.
Speaker 3: Halloween when I when I'm dressed as Popeye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're adorable. You're fine, you can afford the bad tattoo.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you a really hard question. You don't have to answer it. What do you think was sort of our greatest moment?
Speaker 2: O greatest thing?
Speaker 1: It's really hard, Yeah, a couple Like what time period?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know what, this weird thing just flashed And I don't even the weather came from. Like I don't know about great moments also our best but I remember you and me, and I have no idea why this memory just popped into my head. The miniu as bad. You and me were in Venice, Italy. It was late at night. You were like, let's go get something to eat wherever we're staying. I don't know why we couldn't just order something to the room, but you're like, let's go get something eat. And for whatever reason, the streets were dead right, and we started walking and walking down like kind of cowbostone now streets, and some guy who was like started to talk to us, but I don't remember like if he even like he's like knew very little English. You're like, oh, we want food to say, He's like he's like, yeah, come this way, so we start walking. Then another guy kind of comes out. That guy starts speaking to that guy in Italian. I don't understand what they're saying. That guy starts following us. One guy's leading us, one guy's following us. Nobody else is around. I don't remember if there was a third guy, but there were definitely the two guys. Guy there was a third guy, and you look at me, you go, we'll definitely get rolled.
Speaker 2: And I go like this.
Speaker 5: I go, I go what And you go, we'll get rolled or something like that, and I'm like, holy shit, we'll get robbed in Venice by like these three dudes that like we can't communicate with.
Speaker 2: So I'm like all right.
Speaker 4: But it was like you and me in this like crazy little what are we gonna do? Kind of Bonnie and Clyde ESK, except you know, back then I was probably like soap neronic.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is crazy. So I remember we followed this kid, and we think, well, what's the plan, what's the plan, what's the playing? And then all of a sudden a restaurant appeared.
Speaker 4: It was like the only like twenty four Yeah, it was like the only twenty four hour restaurant thing that was like open.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, man, we had.
Speaker 4: Like some fun cool shit, like you know, road trips and like, I mean like we had fun to find. I mean, we definitely had bad moments like we would go to war, but we had good lovely moments too.
Speaker 2: You know. And I mean there's just a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 1: I like, I love that whole you know, the whole stort of Europe trip.
Speaker 2: Well, the best is we got there. And so again I think.
Speaker 4: We have to reiterate to but we were super young at that time. We're like still twenties. So they were like, hey, we're going to go to Europe and rough it.
Speaker 3: We'll get on a budget.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're like, do you guys want to go? And you were like I'm going, You're coming. And I was like, I'm not going on this trip. You're like I'll get you some chrome heartship if you come, and I was like remember that, yep. And I was like all right, I'm in right, you know, so fashion.
Speaker 2: Ward that I am or whatever.
Speaker 4: So I So we go there and we go to Amsterdam and like we're in like a youth hostel with five I remember. We get in there and there's five beds in a room and you're like, nah, bro now, and you just like all of a sudden, you're flipping the whole trip around all of a sudden in like the sickest fucking places.
Speaker 2: But that was you, man. You were like a boss back then.
Speaker 4: Like now everybody's famous at that time, Like you were easily one of the more famous faces on the planet at that time, you know, so it was like going anywhere, like in hindsight, those three guys were probably saying, you know, it's a girl from nine O two and oh, and they're like, oh, but like we didn't know.
Speaker 2: That, but but you got that sense.
Speaker 3: And it was like huge for me.
Speaker 4: Like people in your office remembered me, yes, because you went when we first started dating and I didn't go, and you were setting like you had these videos that were insane in Italy where people were like outside the hotel and you know, you guys were global, like you know, the the nine O two and oh cast,