Speaker 1: In today's office topic. Uh, here's a question. Have you ever been told just be yourself? Just be yourself and you'll be fine, and it ended up being horrible advice for you? Maybe it was on a first date. Maybe you were told to be yourself on your first day of a new job. So, Steve, I gotta ask you, are there situations that you should avoid just being yourself? When you were comfortable enough to just be yourself in your relationship? Or when were you comfortable enough to be just being in your relationship? Those are two different questions.
Speaker 2: My first first gig on the radio in La, would you the dude that gave me job to man? Just be yourself? Three days later they had should we'd had enough being hisself. We need to get a radio person in here to control some of this. We need to surely get in when do a time dog. I didn't do time check. I never announced what station you're listening to? If you hear my voice, ain't you listening to the station?
Speaker 3: What do I got to come in and say this?
Speaker 4: Paul?
Speaker 2: You have to say the call letters to let them know what aw you hearing me say.
Speaker 3: The call letters? If your station ain't on this one start. It's probably logical to you, but ran.
Speaker 2: Checks and then and then and then and then in La the traffic, I didn't understand that it's rush hour, the four five. It's packed every damn date time two days. Hey, we have to go to a commercial at eighteen after. But I'm talking though.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: They put Shirley Strawberry on the radio. And when I first met Shirley, I thought she was attractive, but I didn't care for her because I said, you know me trying to.
Speaker 3: Tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't like me because he had nothing to do with my hiring. They it's exactly true what he's saying.
Speaker 3: No, they just put her in that. They ain't asked me nothing. I looked at it.
Speaker 1: They asked meya for a while, to come in to listen to the show, to listen.
Speaker 4: He actually had no control over you. Let's let's now, let's just call it what it is, sir. He had no control over you. You were hired by somebody else. He had nothing to do with your hire.
Speaker 3: No love it love ith radio show. I said, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: I said, baby girl, baby girl, stop saying all that I'm talking.
Speaker 3: She said, we have to go to break. We're going right.
Speaker 1: Now, and you know what the sad party is. Not much has changed here.
Speaker 2: We are well now, works on time now if I can still what sponsorships me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I didn't get you fought it?
Speaker 3: Yeah you still want to you just say.
Speaker 1: Job, don't see, just be yourself.
Speaker 3: I really, you know.
Speaker 2: I lied to get all my other job before I got into show business. If I'd have told the truth, I'd have never got hirt. I couldn't beat myself. Y'all wouldn't hid me. I got criminal record, a criminal background. I've been to court. I don't know how many times I'm on probation. Anybody fitna hid me?
Speaker 3: So I lied.
Speaker 2: I lied on all my applications. I tried to get a job one time at a jewelry store.
Speaker 3: What question was? What kind of jewelry store?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: What were we talking about at, like a jewelry store in the mall? Yeah, something like.
Speaker 2: It was a little little jewelry stole. I just saw some watches. I like, now I'm gonna go in here and try to work here. And the guy was sitting at the interview. He said, have you ever stole anything before? I said, like what, No? Yeah, but I would, you know, have you ever stole anything like like what like you talk tato chips or something like that. I'm admit to that, but the like, have I stole jewelry? No, not yet, that's that's what so I was just went with the no like what he said. Anything he said when I was little, I used to steal potato chips and stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, as you get the job. Oh no, he said, Well thank you for coming here.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's more of the Steve Harby Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after. Right after this, you're listening Morning Show