Speaker 1: The Around the NFL podcast Football is Back.
Speaker 2: I know he's kind of right from the Chris Westling podcast Studios Around the NFL. Dan hands us here back for another week ahead of the Draft, joined by heroes Mark Sessler, Greg Rosenthal. And of course, and this is I should say, of course because this is not typically.
Speaker 3: When this person is with us. Also, there was quite a bit of concern about her whereabouts and they were given the state, you know, recent state of news around this individual, an idea that maybe forcibly taken off our last broadcast.
Speaker 1: But no, she' back. Colleen Shannie's the queen Queen. She is the Queen of NFL meeting.
Speaker 4: I never really thought about it before, but that specific tune has like kind of some church hymn vibes a bit a little bit there.
Speaker 1: Like it's like God just came in the studio. Well, it's the Queen.
Speaker 5: I mean that is essentially saying every other option to be the queen is below you, below the Queen.
Speaker 6: I also thought about your strategy, like over the weekend that you effectively came on and did an excellent eight or nine minutes of podcasting, left a message on your phone to tag at the end, and it was like that's she's still is part of the any idea, she's still part of the cash. You're going just as valuable as anyone else. And I think it was just an incredible strategy for multiple angles for.
Speaker 3: Colleen in that particular situation. It worked for the show. Yeah ideas.
Speaker 1: I was just on the fact that it was effective.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you so much. We made it work, but.
Speaker 1: Not a permanent solution for Colleen or anyone else.
Speaker 6: Just thought about it like in multiple from multiple angles, no action steps to yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, thank you. Jason Zummo.
Speaker 5: By the way, reminding us football is back this week, twenty five teams kicking off voluntary offseason workout. So I think it's it's basically having the Jets put out, you know, a nice image slow motion of Aaron Rodgers. No, that's just how he walks walking into the building. And I think that just shows this football is back, save for like.
Speaker 6: The twenty five percent of players that are not showing up because of money issues and various grumblings.
Speaker 5: It's just like we're back here. We've got slow motion sunglass area.
Speaker 7: Though, nice camo vibe.
Speaker 1: I feel like you just went through it all with the Jets year.
Speaker 6: Agree, and I'm back in the same place, and nothing happened during the real football.
Speaker 3: Season, just the way it goes. It is a bit of a cycle. The entire job, in a way is a cycle. It all begins anew But football is not bad. We already discussed that football is not back until after Thanksgiving, but you really want to be serious about it, like next January?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, all right? Coming up on today's.
Speaker 3: Show, I you know, the draft is Let's see, the draft is a week from Thursday, so we have hit it from multiple angles of the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: We're gonna continue to do this week.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have some guests involved this this show, though, we're gonna kind of keep it in house. We're gonna talk about the players that fascinate him. In fact, this segment is called I love them Fascinating Players in twenty twenty four NFL Draft and that let's make that the episode title as well.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, I think, yeah, put it in quotes. Hey, hear that again, I love them all.
Speaker 7: It's I think it's genuine.
Speaker 1: It is, Yeah, no, it felt authentic.
Speaker 3: That's from our Friday show and you were talking, of course of lad Maconki. I don't know if he's coming up today, but we already know that I love him.
Speaker 6: I will say one thing that I've personally tried to put in more draft work than in some prior years. Yeah, and that we already talk. We already talk loud Maconkie. We already gave them that. Yeah, there's a lot of other players to look at, and that's what we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Do more efficient to see to hit, we gotta spread the way around. Yahessler's got his.
Speaker 3: Leg a ocean of prospects out there for the sas dog entire. But before that we do that, that's hit the news.
Speaker 6: Let's say one day it is a situation, right, Maybe it's the forty nine ers, Maybe you know, headed to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Offense is great, Patriots, somebody, somebody raiders could be you never know, Scott forbid, somebody goes down, would you pick up that phone. I'm not opposed to it. If they would. I don't know if they're gonna let me by becoming an owner in the NFL team, But I don't know. If I don't know, I'm always going to be in good shape. I always be able to throw the ball. So to come in for a little bit like MJ coming back, I don't know if they let me, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.
Speaker 3: That's I'm unfamiliar with the show, but the Deep Cut podcast with Vic Blend's Tom Brady in a barber chair with the whole, with the whole, the cloak on him and everything. I'd like to get a good look at Tom Brady's hair, by the way, and how that's.
Speaker 1: It was pretty mid cut right there though. Yeah, But as Mark and I have long.
Speaker 3: Held the theory that he had radical work done from the neck up. If you look at look at him on the tea cups at Disneyland and O two and take a look at him in the later years.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a it's a theory, but one of our many cases where we've compiled evidence and facts and sourced various conversations over a decade plus and there's some trencht uh eyewitness concepts about what maybe happen.
Speaker 4: The hair situation, I feel like is fine now. It is more accepted widely.
Speaker 1: I think among people going down certain roads you're.
Speaker 7: Going to get plugs.
Speaker 4: It's like, I respect the guys that go completely bald and then they're like, nah, you know what, I'm going back and.
Speaker 7: Like like public figures that do it.
Speaker 3: You brought it up, so I'm gonna I don't know if Brady didn't know, we don't know. I know people someone directly in the show business, and and he's everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody does it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, all the guys just about anyway, That's the point. A couple of things. First of all, he was I don't know, it was a new bit of a greg you know, Tom Brady's voice as well as anyone, a new kind of cadence, little white boy flow there from Brady, the Travis Kelcey flow to the off the tongue felt maybe because he was in the barbershop or something.
Speaker 5: I think that was maybe more just he's with uh, a younger man who's looking.
Speaker 1: But you're picking up on that too, right, there's a little bit. I would like to hear it again.
Speaker 5: But I am curious about the consultants that are telling Tom Brady to go on this podcast, like how did the quarterbacks shoot? Like, there's no way he knows this podcast on his own. It's like a young len guy, no like that someone is saying, we want to be hitting the younger demo, Vic blends would be great. Yes, like so he so someone is getting paid to just tell him that information.
Speaker 1: That's a good job. Yeah, the big job by Vic Blendze.
Speaker 5: The person who's telling Aaron Rodgers he might be doing on his own, I feel like doing less of a good job like his the podcast he chooses to pop up on our little Little I.
Speaker 6: Just I continue to be awestruck by Tom Brady's intense desire to announce football games for Fox.
Speaker 3: And by the way, that is the first time I heard that. I didn't think. I didn't take that seriously at all. I think that was a guy like having fun and uh, that was a little bit of us, you know, sip and tea in the barbershop, joking around. Like I didn't think. I didn't take that to mean he was serious about it.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 5: And yet if someone had called him last year, I bet he would have done it.
Speaker 3: Like I just don't wait a second. He was preparing for the broadcasting job last year. He was in the bunker, which I believe.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's time he brought up MJ immediately that he's like, hey, maybe MJ on the Wizards.
Speaker 1: Essentially, as he's talking about, it's like, all right, but.
Speaker 7: He'll always be in good shase for the basketball.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: Let's get into other news. So maybe Tom Brady comes back end of next year. Stranger things have happened, all right. Let's move into other news, starting with Rashie Rice, who four days ago surrendered to police on an assault charge after a high speed crash that went down on a Dallas highway last month that involved a half dozen vehicles. And Rice twenty three years old and coming off a very promising rookie year with the chiefs involved with the incident and now involved in a legal situation that could have ramifications obviously for him personally, also the Kansas City Chiefs and in the realm of the chiefs kingdom connected to this, the chief to expect, this was a report earlier today. Expect Wide receiver Rashi Rice to participate as they began their off season program Monday with virtual meetings, Andy Reid said. Reid kind of didn't get into specifics on Rice's situation. He said, well, just see where everything goes from there, referring to the law enforcement investigation. Let the process take place. So Greg's This sets up obviously terrible situation. We remembered what the terrible car accident Henry Ruggs was involved in Vegas, so this brings back memories of that and Rice very nearly being involved allegedly with something I could have had similarly similarly terrible outcome. So we'll see what happens with the chiefser who already needed help at playmaker with the draft a week away, and now you have this Rice situation hanging over everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't want he Andy Reid said he's talked to Rice. He wouldn't take questions do on them in that he wanted the law enfor quote, the law enforcement part to take place, and then they'll go from there. When it comes to Rashi Rice, I don't know what go from there means, but I think it's safe to say the Chiefs have to operate that they don't know what Rice's status is as a member of the team or at the beginning of the season, we from the outside also don't know what Raci Rice's status is with the Chiefs. They could decide to do anything and it puts.
Speaker 6: Them back like where they were, you know, before signing Markus Brown and where they were after signing Markus Brown. It's like they need consistent number one wide receiver play from someone, and Rice was shaping up to be that guy in theory, and like, you know, you know, a suspension can whack you for the first you know, month of a season plus and that those games matter a ton for Kansas City.
Speaker 4: I mean, thank god that this did not involve any fatalities because we would be talking about this in such a different tone. But his off season in general went from so lighthearted, working out with Patrick Mahomes, wearing Patrick Mahomes Dad bod shirt.
Speaker 7: Everyone was laughing about it. It was fun, it was light whatever.
Speaker 4: And then now he's facing eight felony charges, six of collision involving bodily injury, one of collision involving serious bodily injury, and one of aggravated assault.
Speaker 7: Doesn't even include charges for leaving the scene.
Speaker 4: So it'll be interesting to see how the league approaches this because obviously, in any criminal case, the league likes to wait for everything to play out before they hand down any type of suspensions, or maybe he goes on leave. But I mean, it was just like, what kind of decision was he making?
Speaker 1: To leave.
Speaker 4: I mean, his cars were involved in it. He had to have known that eventually, Like you can't run from that. But it's just it sucks for him, it sucks for everyone involved, and then also for the chiefs now in this situation where they don't know they're in a little bit of a limbo with their wide receiver position.
Speaker 6: I always think these suspensions, too, take on a bit of a different tone when there's a video yeah versus not, and like there isn't a ton of precedent for an accident like this involving so many people, and it's like, I don't know, we'll see what the league does.
Speaker 3: Let's talk other wide receivers in more on the field tone. Let's start with Brandon and Ayuk, who trope alert removed the San Francisco forty nine from all social.
Speaker 7: Media true little boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now everybody talks about that as a trope alert, but I feel like our podcasts a little ahead of the curve on that as a tried and true move for a player to start the process of being annoyed with this team in a public manner, so that leads to reporting and aggregated reporting.
Speaker 1: And then Ayuk's.
Speaker 3: Agent on Monday, denied on social media a report that the star receiver requested a trade. Ayuk is under contract. He's entering the fifty year of his rookie deal. He set to make fourteen million. Connie, this is a very very talented wide receiver, yestn who you speak with, maybe a superstar wide receiver. But he's also on a team that has some high paid players, including someone at his own position in Deebo Samuel, and the idea of a trade does not seem out of the realm of possibility.
Speaker 4: No, and I'm sure he wants to be paid like Debo, even if he hasn't asked or a trade, there's still some type of smoke there. It's a passive aggressive move to unfollow the Niners on all of your social media channels, knowing that everyone's gonna pick up on that. But for the Niners, time is everything, right now, pay him or trade him to get some type of draft compensation because his price tag is only going to go up with every single deal that's made. We'll talk about DeVante Smith coming up, but all of those extensions, I mean, Ceedee Lamb justin Jefferson, Like, there's a lot of receivers that are trying to get paid right now, and he deserves to get paid.
Speaker 1: His agent.
Speaker 5: Came on Twitter and said, you need better sources to a report, and this is why it's tricky.
Speaker 1: You gotta become better if you're.
Speaker 5: In this industry, all right, No, just has this the Medium Minute?
Speaker 1: No, I just reading Twitter.
Speaker 5: The report came from NFL insider John Purcella.
Speaker 1: Be a young star on the rise. You don't know, but isn't working for any anything.
Speaker 5: I'm not really sure, like just as a guy with it, you know, has a check mark. And he put this report out and he said it's official.
Speaker 3: Check This sounds too much like a media minute, so let's do it. This is Greg sitting in on the dn hands's media to hit it.
Speaker 1: Eric, it's time or the latest edition of the Media Minute with Greg A.
Speaker 5: So I think, yeah, if you're if you're you're on Twitter and you're noticing these things, you know, look look for where's the employer.
Speaker 1: If you can't find find one red flag?
Speaker 5: If there's a situation where fifteen thousand followers, Okay, that's that.
Speaker 1: I take notes. That sounds good.
Speaker 7: It's a checklist, but then ten no job folloween yeah, that's that.
Speaker 1: It's a red flag.
Speaker 5: And if the link to the latest work is a blog spot that hasn't been updated in almost two years, log Spot, you know it's on you if you passed that along as info. Now, who knows an aggregator maybe maybe his agent though, is just on Twitter and saw this and he responds and I'm glad and there's you know, a little more news on social it appeared and you can't really tell. On his Instagram today, Brandon Nyuk was at Day one of off season program because he was like, I'm a Day one type of guy and put that up on Instagram stories and appeared he was, you know, at thesode.
Speaker 1: That was that was illuminating Greg. Everything checked out and that was the medium minute, I think, I think it, yeah, and that was the medium minute with Greg. I think in Twitter parlance, be better.
Speaker 5: I also think Brandon Nyuk is very likely to get a contract from the forty nine ers, and this is one that doesn't have a lot of juice to it.
Speaker 3: And I think if Brandon I first traded, everyone's going to oh first round pick. But remember trade tax that we instituted, right. I think you were in Hawaii when we finally put our foot down on this and we're gonna stop.
Speaker 1: Well, if the fail was slifted off our eyes, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So whatever you think Brandon I WHU deserves knock it down around. So you know, go get Brandon Hu. Are you for a second this year and a fourth next year? And I would do that in a second.
Speaker 7: No, I feel like that he's got to be worth a first round.
Speaker 1: Lift the mail con.
Speaker 6: I think he's getting paid by his current team. That the Deebo thing went on forever, and so I'll think Deebo Samuel is more likely to get traded than Nayuk. But I think it would be in twenty twenty five when when Perdy Deebo is a twenty four million dollar cap hit next year, it's a twenty eight million dollar cap pit this year.
Speaker 3: In otherwide receiver news, T Higgins said, I quote do anticipate playing for the Bengals in twenty twenty four. Higgins is another one that you know he's on the franchise tag and there was talk about that maybe he's going to be moved, but he looks forward to the season with the Bengals. And speaking of players that have been connected a lot to trade whispers but nothing tangible. Devonte Adams of the Raiders, and he spoke with The Athletic in an interview and said, if I wanted to be gone, I'd be gone, which is pretty different. For whatever reason, that checks out to me because he has not kind of been on the record about wanting to be part of this rebuild under Pierce, and now he is. He wants to be the he wants to be part of it. He's excited like everybody else is around the Raiders and trying to surprise some people.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and now his offensive coordinator from Green Bay, Luke Getzi, is in Vegas, so they have a little history there. And I feel like a lot of his frustration stemmed from the dislike and whatever was going on between him and Josh McDaniels, and and that was like the whole team felt that way. It seems so now Dante Adams came out and was stumping for Antonio Pierce. Now he's there, feels like everything is like a little bit easier and a little bit better now vibes area.
Speaker 5: See how he's feeling when garden shoes uh thrown past his in those hospital balls exactly.
Speaker 1: I think Daniels supposed to absolute poison in that or this.
Speaker 6: I feel like someone must have told him at least to quell him for now, Like we're going hard for a quarterback. It's not going to be aid and O'Connell or Gardner Minshew week one if we.
Speaker 1: Can do anything.
Speaker 5: Oh and yeah, he just moved his family there. I think he said that he loves living there. And you know that's that's an important they're moving up. That's important part of things. And I tend to believe like everyone hoping for these wide receiver trads, I am too, because it makes draft week and we're excited. I I have never thought that T Higgins was going to get traded. I think the Bengals are a unique organization that the way they like to do things like, well, we'll just happen one more year. We're not gonna pay him the long term. We'll just let him leave a year from now. But it's worth him to keep it for this year. And if you're T Higgins, you could really make a stink about it, or you could realize, like I'm coming off.
Speaker 1: A bad year.
Speaker 5: I'm with Joe Burrow, I've made I would have to go check but I'm sure much. I got you, buddy, much less than ten million dollars in his career, maybe like five or six, and he's about to make twenty one in one year. So if you're about to make about a four hundred percent increase off of what you made in four years combined, you're not going to be like, You're probably not gonna go too crazy like in terms of not being happy, and you're going to show up and make it happen.
Speaker 6: His career earnings to this point, Greigie like four million dollars or something. Let's see total cash in four seasons with the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Ten million.
Speaker 3: Okay, Greg's made more than that. All right, let's pause right here for a minute and take a break and then get back to the news. All right, we're back in other news. The NFL, excuse me, extensions, the Eagles. Hey, here's your guys. Slim Reaper Devanta Smith signs a three year extension worth seventy five million. The Call also get a deal done with the Forest Buckner, who, according to cults officials, epitomizes everything that a cult should be. All Right, I guess they're happy with that trade they did with the Niners a couple of years ago. But Devanta Smith, Yeah, you like him, don't chuck huck I do.
Speaker 4: It was as soon as I walked into my family's house for Easter dinner, it was the first question on everyone's mind, what's going on with DeVante Smith?
Speaker 7: When is this deal getting done?
Speaker 1: Really? Like what a slice of Philly like.
Speaker 7: It's so great to see you happy Easter.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's been like years at this point that I've seen my extended family.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's a big deal.
Speaker 7: Everyone wants to know. Everyone wanted to know.
Speaker 4: Finally, they lock them in through twenty twenty eight, so they picked up his fifth year option and then the extension is for the three years that then follow So if you're looking at the money that he's making on an average per year basis, the Eagles now have two of the top highest paid receivers, top five highest paid receivers in the entire league with himself and aj Brown. But this was really smart of Howie to get this deal done before justin Jefferson and Ceedee Lamb and jamar and and mother exactly. But this is what Philly does. They take care of their own. They don't wait until the last minute. Greg, you're talking about t Higgins and how the Bengals operate that the Eagles are the exact opposite. They make it a priority to get these deals done early, so there's no discontent that sort of grows. And I think that it'll be interesting to watch Kellen Moore, their new offensive coordinator, what he does, if he does anything different with Devonte Smith now coming up this season.
Speaker 6: I mean the one thing there that is just coming from last year's Eagles like fall off a cliff at that was last year. I'm just saying because like one of them you're not talking about last year, who seemed more annoyed.
Speaker 1: Aj Brown.
Speaker 6: It seemed like was so annoyed, like game after game, and it's like he has no guaranteed money after this season. So you got these Juelian Banjo's a wide out, We'll see it. By the one thing, elut to Forest Buckner, like, the Colts are interesting and it's not shocking on a Chris Belbert. They've signed now ten of their own players to new deals, and by think Buckner is worth it. You can he can drive around on a cream colored purse for the rest of his Cults journey now with the money he's just made. But like he's like, you know, they just want to stick with their own dudes.
Speaker 1: Oh their player. Yeah.
Speaker 5: They also locked in Grover Stewart on that line, so they've been good for a while together Green Color, and they're staying the same.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, it's a good choice in color.
Speaker 5: It's a continuation of a cults trend. They resigned their guys more than any team league, but the Eagles they do.
Speaker 1: I know you're sick of hearing how No, I have nothing to say on this. I'll offer nothing. My stance has been made.
Speaker 5: Clear because he technically had two years left on his contract, so they got way ahead of it. He was in he wants to make more money now because he was in the fourth year of his Rickey deal, but then they would add the fifth year option, and so they tacked three years off of that and he gets way more in the short term. But that contract goes through twenty twenty eight. That's going to look like an incredible value and he's probably not going to be very happy with that contract in three years and they'll have to revisit that. And that is it's just good business, and it's how you avoid I'd get into this situation that the Cowboys are in, or that the Jaguars were in this offseason with Josh Allen, and that's why they couldn't keep Calvin really, except in this case the players are much better. I was thinking, Okay, it might be time to say goodbye to AJ Brown at some point too.
Speaker 1: It's like A J.
Speaker 5: Brown's twenty six years How is AJ Brown only twenty six years old right now?
Speaker 7: So that's true?
Speaker 1: Do you want to keep him from just for starters? He was born twenty six years ago right now?
Speaker 4: I love that for the but Greg, they have five players under contract through twenty twenty eight, including Jalen Hurts and then the other four guys that they already signed this offseason with Landon Dickerson, Jake Elliott, Jordan Mylotta, and now DeVante Smith.
Speaker 3: I'm currently reading and enjoying it quite a bit. The Jordan Rules by Sam Smith, documenting the.
Speaker 6: Also rewatching the Jordan documentary Wormhole, Okay.
Speaker 1: Wormhole in Focust.
Speaker 3: The paperback that I got has a new forward by Sam Smith where he reflects on the documentary and how he was going to do it and the Bulls Dynasty.
Speaker 5: Look at you, I found of Michael, I went and showed Walker want to see I had some cards, some old cards that were like my better football, basketball baseball cards. Yesterday I went through. We went through because it's rainy in La as always all that happens in La.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we went through it, look through some old ones to see if I have any bangers in there. A whole bunch of a lot of money I wasted buying cards back A lot of deep breaths. Had two good cards in the entire thing. One of them was a solid Jordan card that is valued around five hundred dollars or so.
Speaker 1: Is it in minute condition or is it? Probably not. It's in one of those things that looks good.
Speaker 6: Well, that's a terrible job by the youth version of you, because even back then you knew you had.
Speaker 5: To know it looks good. It's been in one of those things the whole time. You think it looks good.
Speaker 1: But if you take it to one of these nerdy cards, I got a condition. It was different. Just saying that was exciting to me to find this fleer Ale, I don't remember. Yeah, what's your guy do?
Speaker 3: My guy's a guy, he's a guy. That's connected at the highest levels to the industry of what condition is this in? How much is it worth?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 6: I hope it's not thro out there on YouTube that opens up packs of cards from like nineteen ninety one Raiser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but eats the gum too. No, I introduced you to that guy. Oh well, Chuck Wax. So it was fantastic. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was watching card which was not worth anything, but you could see the gum staying on the card.
Speaker 1: The gum was called gum sweat the dust. It's like it already wasn't worth anything anyway. Jordan rules, I bring this up. He happened to be there. Sam Smith.
Speaker 3: He was a beat reporter for the Chicago Tribune who happened to pick the perfect year to do.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm following this team and covering this player.
Speaker 3: He picked Michael Jordan and the nineteen ninety one Chicago Bulls that won the first of six titles. And even though this came out thirty some odd years ago, at this point it's still the same, which is, it's so hard to manage rosters and manage egos, and everyone's paying very close attention to not only how much they're making in their contract situation, but their teammates and who's who got what?
Speaker 1: He got this, but I didn't get that.
Speaker 3: Scottie Pippen dealt with this a lot because Jerry Kraus locked him into a bad contract, the GM of the team.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I bring this up because not.
Speaker 6: The only bad contract he locked into. Little tabloids take there by Mark?
Speaker 1: Is that a tap? Take? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Just go if you're listening and you care, go research it on your own. We don't need to stop into it. I don't want to interrupt. You love AJ Brown, who you know, he's a guy that hasn't always been happy on that team. Now Slim Reaper got the bag. That could be an issue.
Speaker 1: I don't know, folks, I am with you type.
Speaker 4: Issue, but I also with Aj Brown. I feel like he gets this rap for like not being happy. I think that he just expresses it outwardly more than other people.
Speaker 1: Won is it a rap? Whereas there's some evidence that he's.
Speaker 4: There's plenty of evidence, but I think that he just you know, I didn't up to voice his opinion.
Speaker 5: I like what you're saying is there's a lot of this and maybe there's a lot more passive aggressive people in the build in or something that are more annoying, and you'd actually rather the AJ guy.
Speaker 7: You know, we are rather like exactly like process these feelings.
Speaker 6: Let's not repress You're more optim mistic the normal about the Eagles. Typically there's some doom and gloom or like what's next around the corner. I tend to think something's around the corner, right, I'm just throwing it out there. Yeah, times change, sports change. The guys are always watching the other guys, especially in their position group. All right, Connie, you are going to Detroit for the draft. I am What is your role within the company's structure?
Speaker 7: A few different things.
Speaker 4: I will be doing hosting DJ's mock draft the night before night one, and then I'll be on site on the desk doing some things night one and night two for the network, and then I'll be on the stage night one and night three.
Speaker 7: I've never done Day.
Speaker 1: Three before, and it looks like things get weird.
Speaker 7: It looks like so much fun and there's gonna be puppies. I was like, I would like to do Day three.
Speaker 3: Thirteen prospects will be in attendance in Detroit for the drafts, which begins Thursday. April twenty fifth. That seems like it's a dwindling numbers still lowesting these is the lowest in years.
Speaker 5: Since the monfl is inviting fewer, they've said, because they're really trying to another way to.
Speaker 1: Spin it bad.
Speaker 6: But what about but what about all the like the fashion business before and then in their show.
Speaker 3: Here's here's what you need to know redcarpet. You want, you want the big name, So number one pick Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: He'll be there.
Speaker 3: Jaden Daniels, the QB from Els, he'll be there. Drake May QB from UNC, he'll be there. Marvin Harrison Junior, he'll be there.
Speaker 7: So there are he didn't do anything either.
Speaker 4: I love that he's going like he didn't test or do anything at the combine.
Speaker 7: I like that he's going to the draft.
Speaker 1: We'll just wait at the finish line. Absolutely. But if you're him angry, no, I mean I think it's he didn't need to prove much. We know he's good.
Speaker 3: Finally in the news, anything down about that draft next week, that's a plug.
Speaker 5: JJ McCarthy reportedly just didn't respond at all, so eventually they had to take it back.
Speaker 1: You as a potential future of the Patriots. Is that a red flag for you? Is that la Raville Magnivi.
Speaker 7: Now that is not ghosts.
Speaker 1: I'm a little under concerned he left him on red that was on the Yeah. Pro Football Talk wrote that.
Speaker 5: The only notable player here was like Darius Robinson of Missouri. It shows you what the NFL thinks in terms of like that was a player that a lot of people did not think. Where it's going in the first round and he's one of the thirteen.
Speaker 6: But are they reaching out to people to you don't want him sitting there as the one of the one guy out of thirteen that's not.
Speaker 5: Well, they might have a higher opinion of where he whoever they is, might have a higher opinion of where he's going than like the consensus Centeville draft boards. So that that name stuck out to me as like, wow, he's he's going to be there because the rest you expect to be top fifteen to twenty picks.
Speaker 3: Finally, in the news, OJ Simpson is dead, the former running back legendary Bills running back who later became a figure that went well beyond football, died at seventy six years old after about with cancer, and I think it's worthy that even though this happened a few days ago, it didn't line up with our show release. I think it's where they we talk about for a couple of reasons. First of all, this around the NFL and OJ Simpson as a football player was one of the most.
Speaker 1: Popular and beloved players in the history of the league.
Speaker 3: He ran for two thousand yards, the first guy to ever do that in a fourteen game season. And we have a lot of listeners that are either a too young to know what went down in the mid nineties around O. J. Simpson or or not from this country and don't understand what O. J. Simpson and the murder case and the subsequent trial, what that was about in this country, and that became the biggest story really of the nineteen nineties. And when they talk about trial of the century, you hear that thrown up around a lot, but that really was the trial of the century and everything around it. So the idea marked that OJ now is gone thirty years after he was acquitted of that double is certainly a noteworthy and was a major figure. And like where we are ages, yes, you know, we have a totally different outlook and viewpoint on everything. So now that he's gone thirty years later, it's pretty wild.
Speaker 6: I'll just hit like a couple, like you know, this was one of the more personal news stories because it was as like cable television was becoming like the thing. And I'll never forget I really wanted to be a journalist back then and be in sports. And it's kind of forgotten that when it happened during the Knicks, he knicks like rockets car chase, right, the car chase is unfolding that in La. There were people once it kind of got going lined up on the streets with like poster board signage I'm supporting, Like everyone just thought that OJ was under duress and probably fine, and then like.
Speaker 1: The choice is loose and things like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this was like a twenty four hour a day news story which was interrupted for nothing and they had to throw it at one point from a sports angle to Bob Costas, who was covering the NBA coverage, and you guy, I had hours and hours and hours of tape of OJ in like fun OJ mode back when he hosted NFL Live with Bob Costas.
Speaker 1: They became very good friends.
Speaker 6: This is this is weird, but I was actually working at that summer camp during all this, and I was home when all of the chase happened, camp happens, I went back to work.
Speaker 1: I went back to work, but I had and i'll I have two little more things.
Speaker 6: But like I had this phone card because back then you just you know, I had the pay phone there and my friend Peter Acton back in like watching the news. I would call him for like an hour a day to get updates on what was happening with the trials for the rest of the summer.
Speaker 1: And I never got charged on this card I called the magic card. And then I was going to American University.
Speaker 6: The following special was like I made hundreds of hours of calls and I went to American University. And fast forward one year when the on October third, nineteen ninety five, when the verdict came down, and there were people there was like we could think we know what's going to happen, but we don't. And I was in this gigantic student center and the verdict came down and it was a show falcking verdict and then the lights went out in the student center and it was like a windowless gigantic conference type room. And like the lights went out, went down with hundreds of people in there, screaming, shouting, and it was like a totally pitch dark room the world.
Speaker 1: That's what I remember that. Then a week later I.
Speaker 6: Got a bill that channeled from like at and T back to my parents' house and they sent it to me, and it was like for about fourteen hundred dollars in phone charges that I was being charged for two years later, sows I digress. But there was a lot of weird moments back then because people tracked this story like no other story.
Speaker 1: The bill always comes, it comes due, and it can't do sort of not really for him.
Speaker 5: That documentary the five parter oj made in America, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Got to check it out if you're curious about this.
Speaker 5: It was so good, so good, and it was great perspective for us or for for me about everything before that. Yes, about who he was and what he you know, and I knew him more as like the guy from the Naked Gun more than anything. I mean, I knew he was like an NFL great, but that puts it on perspective in the perspective of the country. It's one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: That's how I look back at it now as an older person, as a fourteen fifteen year old, when it happened three thousand miles away in the suburbs of New York, like it just it looked like it couldn't have been a more open and shut case. This was a man that was a horrific abuser of his wife and there was a mountain of evidence. It's like, obviously he's guilty. But it turned out how the long shadow of Rodney King in this city and how that came to directly connect to this case and the lack of justice for Rodney King, and how that impacted the black community, King and his family, how that then led to in the opinion of many, Nicole Brown and Ronald Golden not getting justice because of the way the anger that's still in the lack of trust around the LAPD.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: You learned so much about the country and the issues that are part of this country since we started, how it went on so for our generation Rodney King and OJ or for what a younger generation with George Floyd was about, where it's like, wow, this is continues to be a big part of what our country is about, and it's underneath everything, and it's you know, it was as big as it get. It's the biggest story of our lifetime really, I mean outside maybe nine to eleven obviously.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I was nine when all of that was happening, so I didn't have First of all, I didn't have a great frame of reference as far as Oj as like the player, like Greg mentioned, I was.
Speaker 7: I knew that he was a legendary figure. I had watched him in like commercials and movies and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But for me, just like looking back on everything, it just feels so gross how a double murder became pop culture and like for so many people.
Speaker 7: And it just had a life of its own.
Speaker 1: I also was.
Speaker 5: Taken just that he was this figure that was, you know, because of what he did and in the trial was a larger than life in a way that's hard to describe.
Speaker 1: And yet here he is when he dies, and it.
Speaker 5: Is just really interesting to hear the like sort of the different reactions the Pro Football Hall of Fame. You know, you can still go and you can look at OJ Simpson's bus. It's up there. They flew their flag at half mass for OJ Simpson. They released the statement just about his life. Didn't mention the trials in the statement the Buffalo Bills. You know who he's really associated with, didn't say anything, you know, didn't didn't really statement, they didn't do anything. His name is still up there though you go to the stadium, it's up there in the wall of fame. So and I don't even have like a judgment or like a hot take on that. It's just it's kind of crazy to think that all these years later and then that a lot of the reaction I feel like to him Dine was like silence at least from the people, like from organizations and stuff. I don't think there is a right answer, but it was interesting to see how different places approached.
Speaker 3: Him and the thirty years just to kind of underline it thirty years after, like you know, the frustration for many people. So he got away with it, but like also to know a little more like who oj was. He was such a gregarious, outgoing personality that everyone loved. He was, you know, maybe the first black athlete in this country who was kind of accepted in like corporate America. Madison Avenue. For him to live in this like purgatory for the last thirty years and be seen by many as a villain and a ghoul. He would he ran away from the civil judgment, ended up going to Vegas to escape that in Florida escape having to pay the Goldman and Brown families. But he kind of led the rest of his life as a you know, kind of a grotesque curiosity to people. And while I don't think that's true justice, I think that for him, that probably was a pretty terrible way to end the rest of his days. So Oj Simpson, seventy six years old, let's take a break, right, Welcome back. So, yes, the draft is coming up in a week and a half and we're trying to give you every angle on this thing. We're going to have more experts in the field a little later in the week, but from our vantage point, let's talk about some guys as we're doing the research that we're fascinated by.
Speaker 1: That's how I think that's powerful. In fact, this segment is called.
Speaker 3: I Love Them Fascinating Players of the twenty twenty four NFL Draft, and that is the voice of Mark Sessler. He was referring to wide receiver Lad McConkey, but that's not where Mark is going here.
Speaker 1: So let's start it out with the sess doog. Who's got you fascinated?
Speaker 6: I wanted to go defense because we've focused on a lot of qbs in the top ten picks here, and there's probab building like one defensive guy in there, and a bunch of wide receivers. I started to look at edge rushers and Florida State's Jared Verse six foot four, two hundred and fifty four pounds, he just looks like an old school football.
Speaker 1: Say that again. I'm writing the six y four no No. His name Jared Verse, Jared v E R s E. I love him, Senior. This guy just why.
Speaker 6: There's one clip that I'll like I will send out at some point where he bull rushes like a three hundred and twenty pound left tackle when they were playing Louisville and like basically like takes this guy and throws him like a child back and back on his feet and finds a way to shove the three hundred and twenty pound left tackle into the quarterback, grabs both of them, throws him to the ground.
Speaker 1: And he's doing this all the time.
Speaker 6: I know that he's not looked at the number one as the number one edge guy right now, But I think he's a total punisher. He is just intensity, he's got speed, he gets around tackles that with these traits, Like there's moments when he's sacking like a quarterback. Sometimes you see guys that need to use if they're smaller, they're a quarnerback, they need us their body at full force. He's able to use his hands just to drag guys to the ground. And I think that you look at like quarterbacks over and over on some of these clips, he's coming from the blind side and he destroys them and the ball is separated from them. They're thrown to earth, and I think it changes the game. And I think that he could go right away become one of the more terrifying guys at the position if he can stay healthy and pick up from him.
Speaker 3: He is ranked fourteenth in the Daniel Jeremiah most recent NFL Draft prospect.
Speaker 7: And the second best edge rusher, right behind Dallas Turner. A lot of people have them one and two.
Speaker 6: I think that depends what teams how they would want to use them, because I watched a little Turner, but Jared versus just more of my type.
Speaker 1: Of play, and I think that.
Speaker 3: It's going to be very interesting how this first round plays out because all of the top ten really is going to be dominated by offensive players. So when does that defensive run start. Who's the first team to take a defensive player? We will see if Verse now the Falcons as an example, Yeah, they have not had a premium edge rusher of notes since Johnbraham, So maybe he he fits that in Mold, but there are many teams, In fact, most teams looking for a big time edge.
Speaker 1: Rusher, and Verse might fit the book.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he seems like a complicated one because he's he wins by his strength and mine's connected.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna just transition to it. I love Liatu latu damn. Probably like you know what, sorry.
Speaker 5: Content Census Sports might be the third defensive end or third edge guy, which seems a little shocking to meet Verse.
Speaker 1: He's exciting.
Speaker 5: He's actually the type of guy I usually like, which it's like it's all about strength, but it's a little worries So when it's when you're two hundred and fifty pounds and you're all about strength, like, is that kinna work?
Speaker 1: Like? Maybe not?
Speaker 5: As Like he's also twenty three years old, so's a lot to but lotsu story is just so crazy that he literally really could have played in the Premiership for professional rugby, thought about it that he was that good, decided not to do it. Probably is getting taken so late because he had to medically retire for a year because of a neck injury that knocked him out, So he was out of football for two entire years. And so I get it that maybe you're not going to go in the top five or the top ten because of the medical issues. But when you just watch him, he just seems like he's the best defensive player in the draft. It seems insane to me, Like the types of moves that he has is like, and he's twenty three years old, so's first, they're both a little older in terms of prospects, so you want him to be a little more refined or whatever. But it's just like a walking pass rush like led the college football in pass rush win rate, like does everything.
Speaker 1: He just looks like to me, like a TJ.
Speaker 5: Watt, Maybe not as explosive, but just like that he would step in there and I'm almost surprised, But who am.
Speaker 1: I Like, Yeah, I look at Greg Roosendal. Damn it, I get it, But I look at like the beast.
Speaker 5: Dane Brugler is great on the athletic and he has him third and he has him as a below verse as like a late first or to a seven typeic. So maybe I'm totally off base, but I look at him, it's like, that's the guy I freaking want. He looks incredible to me. And it's just the injury thing, which you know you're gonna be worried about. But he was on a recruiting staff in Washington where it was him the top three recruits was Pukinakua, Trent McDuffie and him. It's like, okay, they went two for two. I feel like it's gonna be three for three. But he might end up being the third guy.
Speaker 4: And taken after the way that he passed Rushes, like, it's not just speed, it's so much skill that he has. And at his size, what he's six ' five to sixty five, he moves like such a smaller player, almost like a like a wide receiver kind of does. And yeah, he won two rugby national championships. I actually talked to him when he was on Great.
Speaker 1: You mentioned him on this show. I think once, yeah, he took him for was it on?
Speaker 5: I would not either, Yeah, it would have been How would I have Notell Nuggets?
Speaker 1: I watch every Colleen episode, so I.
Speaker 7: Knew obviously, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Butthing what else happened on that episode? Laughs were had and analysis was a plenty.
Speaker 7: That's that's a great descriptor that's good.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the fact that he was told he would never play football again after suffering that neck injury at Washington and then he was cleared by u c l A won Pac twelve Defensive Player of the Year last season.
Speaker 7: He's sixteenth on Daniel.
Speaker 4: Jeremiah's big board, like he is a Bob Marley fan, So there's no character concerns there.
Speaker 7: Well, it might be other concerns, not for me if I'm the GM.
Speaker 5: There was a little sprinkling of like, is is this a little sprinkling out there of like.
Speaker 6: Not that?
Speaker 1: How much is this guy of football? I was like, how much more do you want him to love football?
Speaker 5: He literally was told like he shouldn't ever play again because of a neck injury, and he decides to pass up pro rugby too. It's like that's the ultimate you love football. True, don't love the neck. Don't love a neck injury.
Speaker 1: That's concerning, But he didn't way two years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no injuries and he's been medically cleared.
Speaker 1: And I'll use an example.
Speaker 3: You could there are many examples in the past with players that come out of college with injury question marks and it leads to them fall a little bit down the board, and then you go and you grab them and you might end up with Rob Gronkowski in a good case, or you could end up with I don't know, d Milner in a bad case.
Speaker 1: You just it's a bit of a gamble that you take.
Speaker 3: And he would count, I would think as a gamble there, but certainly has a skill set and the desire right.
Speaker 1: Polynesian Football Player of the Year. I like those dude. Those guys are built tough, all Asians. They almost it's fun to men too when men were men. Whatever happened to Gary Cooper?
Speaker 5: But check out Polynesia that's been directed when it was in Hawaii, happened to have stayed at a house that was less than a mile away from the Polynesian.
Speaker 1: Football Hall of Fame. No way, it just it felt like, you.
Speaker 6: Know, so, I'm all about ball so you went like this said, such an easy hop, skip and a jump to go visit it.
Speaker 1: I sort of did. I did, actually, but not on purpose. On some level.
Speaker 5: We went and there was just like a variety of stores and shaved ice and some food in the same complex that it was a put since we were there. Yeah, took a spin through the rock. Inductee of the twenty twenty. You gotta put in Johnson, Gotta put in Johnson.
Speaker 4: You see baiscahamma in there probably was I'm to put gotta put him in. Yeah, all right, Conda Europe right there? Uh, Terry On Arnold, I love I'd wait it out.
Speaker 5: Or maybe he was just like the their player of the year. I I don't even remember. I'm just kidding Dolphins fans, Jesus, all.
Speaker 4: Right, this guy's not going in the Polynesian Hall of Fame. Terry On Arnold love him cornerback front. I love Alabama. He he's really good, really talented.
Speaker 3: I'd just say one second, damn it, we want to interrupt it is It is a char to speak on this show, But can I just say, Mark, the reason one of the reasons I love you is I don't know too many people that.
Speaker 1: Can I hear that again. You can interrupt all you want if you're going on this road. Yeah, let's hear it.
Speaker 3: I love him that that's that that tone, I sound like a child, you sound like someone that's that's a sensitive that's coming from a real place.
Speaker 6: Well it was, it was after a moment of trying to passion. You kind of were like, in a playful way, ribbing me because of he's not Polynesian either.
Speaker 1: No, well he got Zack Xenter All Star.
Speaker 7: Yeah and yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we're good. We're all good now you sure we got it all out?
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 7: So let me tell you about Terry on Arnold.
Speaker 1: I apologize. I love him. God, I'm done leave it.
Speaker 4: So I would say Arian Arnold has the absolute best personality in the entire draft, and I will die on that hill, like I don't even it's close. He is to me a total showman, but he doesn't try. He is unintentionally so funny. And then on top of it, he has almost Dion vibes, like he's really good, and he has this like confidence that doesn't come off as like rubbing you the wrong way either. It's like a very special charismatic way he has about him and I've listened to so many interviews with him. We also had him on Good Morning Football and he I wish that we could have talked to him for all three hours because he was just such a fun hang like, he was really really cool. He's been rising up draft boards and honestly common man rankings too, right, because he spent summers working with his granddad at a roofing company all over North Florida's you're talking about like Florida in the summer. He said that he learned discipline, structure, consistency, persistence, and that he didn't want to be a roofer, so he was like, I am all in on football.
Speaker 7: He is also like just really easy.
Speaker 5: Second place in terms of workplace fatalities as a preferred danger.
Speaker 7: Survived.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what, that just goes to show you that he's someone who will take risks and he is responsible and he has maybe faced some adversity and gotten through it.
Speaker 7: But he's also super easy to root for.
Speaker 4: Max Preps put out this tweet that he went back to his high school to give his janitor this Christmas gift, which was his jersey because his janitor had asked him when he was in high school to give him his jersey, and he thought that like the janitor maybe forgot, So he went back and visited the school, visited his janitor, brought some gifts for him for Christmas. Like he seems like a really great, good, fun, genuine guy. He comes from a good, big family, he said, taught him to kind of like never be late because if you're late, then like you got your last pick in terms of like the resources and dinner and.
Speaker 7: Seats and like whatever else house.
Speaker 1: I know exactly.
Speaker 7: I was actually thinking about Wes when he was talking about it.
Speaker 1: Although wrestling mother would just toss the steak down the steps, right.
Speaker 7: Down the basement. Yeah, yeah, I don't think that.
Speaker 1: Tied to a brick here to a brick Africa. Well, I'm freeg by this person. We should get them, get them on the show.
Speaker 7: You should, Oh my gosh, you guys would love them.
Speaker 5: Will Will either be the first or likely the second cornerback, taking either him or Bunya and Mitchell from Leo ran a little bit of a slow forty I think had yeah, but I think he seems concerned a little bit those Alabama guys, though not to paint with a brad brush.
Speaker 1: They just seem like they come out as like pros. Mm hmm. Well they're like they'll come in as pros and like, yeah, very realized. I agree with that.
Speaker 6: I think I'll you watch his tapes stealing with like LSU have the time in like real schools. Like he's he played top competition and like he had what seventeen passes defense like five picks, Like he's a rugged dude.
Speaker 1: He doesn't miss tackles. Anybody been up on a roof lately? But see truck drivers, Greg, I think there's a lot of face.
Speaker 5: I was wrong as they fall asleep, Like if you all asleep on a roof, that's not just inherently dangerous. Time logging dogging workers is actually already even higher roofers Number two been up on.
Speaker 1: A roof lately?
Speaker 3: No, not lately, Oh yeah about once every six months or so every year around Chris, the gutters, what are you doing? Not a gutter's issue because we don't have a tree above the property. But I do have Christmas lights I put up. I also I had to go up there to put the uh you have to put the it's like a cage you put on top of the chimney. Yeah, And if you want to get an idea of your how fragile your mortality is, get up on the roof and you realize immediately I have like a twenty percent chance to die right now.
Speaker 1: This is how it's gonna happen coast when you'd have to go shovel snow off your What am I doing up here? This is extremely dangerous. Happened to Gary.
Speaker 6: Maybe Clemson will send you a second football for this handiwork that you're that you've successfully pulled off.
Speaker 1: Now what's on the radar?
Speaker 4: And I was in high school. The room that I had in the house that I grew up in had like it was in the back of the house. It was the only one and there was like a little bit of roof and there.
Speaker 7: Was a fence all to the side. It was the escape patch.
Speaker 4: And it was also like a meeting spot, so like people like it was like people would come and visit me at the window, hair knocking on my window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that how the boy that was holding onto your car as you drove away?
Speaker 7: No, that was college.
Speaker 1: I have one.
Speaker 3: But here listen, you don't want to hear from me you want to hear from someone who watch and loves it.
Speaker 1: He lives and breathes it.
Speaker 3: Caved, He's a little bit, he's a wild card, but he will give you information that is sometimes just spot on. So I put a call out to the west side of Cincinnati and track down Brad Spice, known.
Speaker 6: As the spice Rack pepper Mill out there. He's not gonna be happy with that, a spiceler Spicer, but you've given him a nickna. Potentially he gets it. Spice Rack. Let's hear from the great Brad Spicer.
Speaker 8: Hey there, everybody. Dan Hansen wants me to introduce myself as if you don't already know Son, it's the.
Speaker 5: Spice Rack.
Speaker 1: Off the Mount Patty video is a choice, all right, Zeus wants.
Speaker 8: Me to give you three videos, three names, but you know what I'm coming with, seven names, deal with it. My first guy's Quinon Mitchell. Never heard of him quite honestly before two months ago.
Speaker 1: But he's a.
Speaker 8: First round corner, like a mid first rounder, a corner from the Mid American conference.
Speaker 9: The one thing I did was I looked up to see if he's like sixty.
Speaker 8: Four or something, and he's a project. Then it's okay, maybe he could bust, but he's six foot. I saw that he has long arms, but six foot one ninety, he's not a physical specimen the Saint Sauce gardener. But if you if you're gonna go mid first is a corner from the Mid American Conference.
Speaker 9: You got my vote.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 9: You're gonna have a serious chip on your shoulder. Once a walk on, always walk on.
Speaker 8: You know, Baker Mayfield walked on at Texas Tech and Oklahoma, and uh, while not the best quarterback, certainly someone you can go to war with.
Speaker 7: There's seven of these.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I don't know if this one went too long, don't edit me.
Speaker 5: That ends strong, except for the forty five second detour to Baker, which sort of seemed to disprove his point.
Speaker 3: Toledo cornerback Quinion Mitchell from I call this spice channel. By the way, this is a that's good. Yeah, so we just threw it to spice channel. It's a ring to it, which you know, if you know, you know one of those things.
Speaker 5: I'm with Spicy on the logic though, to be to be that small and from Toledo, and he I think he's going to be the first cornerback I think he's likely to be.
Speaker 1: You have to be an incredible, incredible player. Let's take a break and we'll go through another round.
Speaker 7: Welcome back to draft Corner.
Speaker 1: Very nice, good really on the spots.
Speaker 3: You're a broadcaster, That's what it is. All right, let's go around the horn again. We've heard from everyone in the room. I deferred to Spice Rack, who I thought it was a pretty good start. Great start, Yeah, great start. The Spice channel is up and running here on atn Mark. Let's hear somebody else.
Speaker 6: Here is someone that I know someone else in the room has a fascination with two in Greg Cooper Dejan cornerback from Iowa.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 6: This dude is interesting, Like I'm not sure where he'll go. I'm thinking kind of like something. I think the Colts are a good target in the mid mid first round.
Speaker 1: Is that a Is that a little Mark Sessler mock draftees right there? It might be coming up next week. It might be he is.
Speaker 6: I just think he is like an incredible athlete that does all sorts of stuff in today's NFL.
Speaker 1: He also offers incredible return skills. But I just want to read this.
Speaker 6: Nick Bonggardner from The Athletic went and kind of did a feature on this guy, and I just want to read the opening paragraph.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear.
Speaker 6: This pulled me in in western Iowa along State Highway one seventy five sits a town of about nine hundred people. There's a bowling alley and a drive in restaurant. Ode Bolt, Iowa, is named after a Frenchman who lived alone more than one hundred years ago along the creek that runs through the village. It once was known but apparently no longer holds the crown as the popcorn center of the world. It's about seventy miles away from both the Missouri River and absolutely nothing. It's also home to a unique prospect in the twenty twenty four NFL Draft, Iowa defensive back Cooper Degene. If you watch this guy, I just would believe this is kind of like I just want on my team. If it's like I know this, the Steelers want to go get Conky of cornerbacks, but the.
Speaker 1: Steelers gonna get him or the Ravens or something. But he is.
Speaker 6: He is so fun to watch and I get it, like cornerbacks are just thorough coming to like different shapes and sizes. But I don't know if he's if he's necessarily like big enough, strong enough, or has the movement skills in some ways, like the lateral movement to do what he needs to do. But I see evidence of a guy who can contribute in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 5: I think he does, and I think, uh, you gotta look yourself in the mirror. But I think people will immediately be like, Oh, is he gonna move to safety? He played nickel. It's like this guy was one of the most explosive playmaking cornerbacks in college football for for years. In the first your first instincts, though, maybe move him to safety. Look at the mirror, bro a little profile, a little profilely going on with Cooper Dizinees.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I listen to one little thing to John every time I see his name, I.
Speaker 6: Know one little thing like this is the kind of athlete is like He scored over eighteen hundred points in basketball in high school through seventy eight touchdowns as a quarterback, won a state title in track in the one hundred meters dash, and in baseball was a.
Speaker 1: Pitcher who had like a two hitters a year. He never stopped playing sports.
Speaker 5: Reminds me a little of Kyle Hamilton. I feel like there's some guys in every draft. It's like that every that the that the NL overthinks like that everyone agrees on is great and then for some reason goes for Aaron Donald was kind of one of those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is crazy. I didn't everybody knows. You don't see a lot of white quarterbacks in the league. Not since Jason Seahorn, who retired in two thousand and three, has there been a white quarterback who consistently played the position.
Speaker 1: And could he be a first rounder? Is he? Yes? I think they're sea Horn was the second rounder, so that profile would indicate he'd be a very high pick. And I think you will. He'll be around her, but you know he's getting him out.
Speaker 6: The appults over and over Cooper dejene Iowa cornerback Gregy.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's a tough choice. Powers seems like one of those guys everyone's overthinking too. I feel like we're gonna hit Drake May so hard, and I love Drake May and so in terms of just having that feeling that Mark has about that's me and Drake that the Patriots. But for this assignment, I think Michael Pennox is a better choice because he's just I love him, fascinating prospect, like a guy who was, you know, in college forever like six years. I mean, it's a little outrageous how long he was in college. So I get that he's older than everyone, but incredibly consistent and the type of guy that I feel like, if it was two thousand and five, would maybe be the first or the second quarterback. And we're just like looking for different things now, like just throwing the ball, and I know he's built very different and.
Speaker 1: There's a million things that are different.
Speaker 5: It almost reminds me of like Carson Palmer when he came out and just people were just like, my god, look at that and throw a football like this man was born to throw a football.
Speaker 1: And that's Michael Pennix, except he's a lefty.
Speaker 5: And I was expecting, because of all the knocks on him and why he's not gonna necessarily go in the first round or everything, that he'd be a total stiff.
Speaker 1: But he's not. Like he can move.
Speaker 5: He can make throws on the run, and I do think all the negatives that he has, Like you saw him in the college football semi final dispel all that and people can say, well, that was one game, but it's like, if you can do that in one game and you have NFL training and we you know you have that potential. It's the kind of how people overthought c J. Stroud last year, saying like he doesn't do enough playmaking. He's like you saw in that one game. I'm not saying he's c J.
Speaker 1: Stroud.
Speaker 5: I just think like leadership, mental toughness, all the intangibles are supposedly off the charts, and he's a guy who just I think if you asked all thirty two gms, just like in the pocket, who throws the craziest ball down the field, the furthest the prettiest, It's Michael Pennix. And so to me, I'm just curious, like what kind of career he's gonna have because he just feels like he's he's boom or bust. But if he ends up on a team like the Raiders, he could be playing right right away. And he just seems like a fascinating guy. And maybe they're seeing things that I don't see. And I know he's a little erratic with the accuracy here and there, but for the most part, like seems like he's got what you would want.
Speaker 6: He fits the Raiders, and I just don't care if he's like a year older than someone else, like if he's good for five years, like the Raiders have been waiting for that for an eon and plus.
Speaker 1: So what's like, It's that I don't I know that we make so much such a big deal out of that.
Speaker 5: And there's that advantage because it's is it the last COVID year where you got that extra year that you could just stay because he's surprised people. He could have come out last year. He'd already played five years and he decided to come back.
Speaker 1: So we talked about injuries. Yeah, his injuries. It's so he he had four season.
Speaker 3: Ending injuries at Indiana, four before he transferred to Washington.
Speaker 1: So let me listen the games.
Speaker 3: You go up a level and the guys get bigger and faster, and you you get older, and he's not Brandon weed and old. But he turns twenty four next month, So that would be that would spook me, honestly more than anything else like that. That's that's a real concern of this durability at that position.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, in a world where Mac Jones went fifteenth, like what this guy isn't gonna go top fifteen.
Speaker 6: Go watch him with Romans INSI because like the two of them we talked about this on the Wide Receiver episode that like it just seemed like Rome's tape is like there's like four hundred and forty yard catches paired with Pennix, Like he can wing it downfield.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he profiles a little bit as a guy that you guys will get annoyed of me overrating because because he's so good at throwing the ball and that he actually settles into like a mid level starting quarterback that is up and down.
Speaker 1: But like that's that's still good.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's going to be a twenty five year old rookie, so he's going to be a little bit older.
Speaker 1: But I have twenty four. You have twenty five.
Speaker 7: I think his birthday. Check to see when his birthday is.
Speaker 1: I think he's turning twenty four. Dan almost a graveyard if you just okay, so I'm aging grade. No, he turns twenty four next month.
Speaker 7: Okay, So twenty four year old rookie.
Speaker 4: But I was talking to Lancerline about him, and he was talking about how when he watches his tape, he just he doesn't take sacks, he'll get rid of the ball. He's not really great like moving around the pocket. So those are just some of like the flags that he sees. But he's got a really strong arm, and he's really he's tough. He sounds fun and he's a good leader too. Apparently he's got a howitzer. Some people say, I actually haven't heard that. I assume at some point someone.
Speaker 5: He quoted Gino Smith on the podium after winning the pack that championship, which to me me.
Speaker 1: Greg, you had done it. You've done it.
Speaker 6: You'd convinced us with a really delightful sales job, and now you're taking it to very still places.
Speaker 3: And like Gino, he was thought widely thought to be a first round pick. Some people can go into the second round as well. So interesting, Connie, how about another one?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, I wasn't initially going to go here because I feel like all we've done is talk about this guy. But legitimately this comes from a place of total fascination. I I really really am curious how Caleb Williams is going to be in the NFL coming in with the nil money, because we haven't really seen this before. We haven't seen someone make the amount of money that he has before heading into the league, going into a locker room of veteran players who a lot of which have not even made close to what Caleb Williams has made. I just don't know how it will work and if some of those egos will kind of be an issue when he does play in the NFL, like if they're not winning right away, I don't know how a locker room of like older veterans is going to take someone like Caleb Williams.
Speaker 7: And it's not this isn't Caleb's.
Speaker 1: Fault at all.
Speaker 4: It's just the way that the league has changed now with nil money in general, and this is going to be how it is going forward in general, with these drafts and with the players coming out of college. It's just a switch and a change, and I just wonder how that transition will be because it's going to be so so different, and with his personality as well, like he's a very gregarious, like very confident type of guy.
Speaker 7: You want that in your quarterback.
Speaker 4: But I just wonder if it will rub some players the wrong way, and then how that how that will kind of play out.
Speaker 1: If he can ball, I don't think any.
Speaker 7: Of it matters exactly if he wins, no problem.
Speaker 5: That what you're saying, it's it's true, reminds me a little bit of like they used to get these fifty million dollar contracts as number one overall draftics and it was awkward. It's like Sam Bradford was making way more money than anyone else on his team, and well that was ridiculous. Yeah it was, and it was crazy. But he it took me a while to actually, you know, sit down and you know watch it. Hellbows, it's like you get it. And he's to me like he can. I love him, not just every throw, but just like he knows exactly what throw to make at any time. I mean, he seems like the best prospects and Andrew Lock, like he is so good. It's just outrageous how how good he was in a tough spot too last year. That like, if he's like that, it's like Andrew Luck, like, I think you can have a million different leadership styles.
Speaker 1: If you're that good, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Very fascinating, Yeah, You just don't know. You don't know how these guys are going to be till they actually play. And look at how the first pick went in the draft last year. Not to write any eulogies, but and then you look at the second second pick, how that went.
Speaker 1: This feels as camp miss is as possible. All right, it is time. Now coast is clear. Let's flip on the old Spice.
Speaker 8: Show spice rack here for round two, and I'm gonna stick with the chip on the shoulder theme and talk about Jared Verse from Florida stated, this guy is how about that transferred in from Albany to Florida State, And okay, that's a big enough jump, But then he dominated and you know, I couldn't even tell you how he what he technically does against.
Speaker 9: The ron right, I don't know any of this stuff, but don't need it.
Speaker 8: Uh, he's got the big enough body, a big enough body to support the run and certainly can get after the passer. And again transfer from Albany. You carry that chip on your should of the rest of your life. It doesn't matter if you're the you know you're a first round pack, it does not matter at all. And on the same team at Florida State. Uh Keon Coleman. Every time I check a mock draft, a wide receiver, big and athletic, all that stuff, natural touchdown scorer.
Speaker 1: Every time I focus.
Speaker 9: See a new mock draft, he's he's.
Speaker 8: Been dropped to fortieth, fiftieth, sixty, I'm a third round or what are we talking about here?
Speaker 9: I really don't know what the issue is.
Speaker 8: If his forty's not that great, that's fine because you need to watch him once to see how athletic he is, can tort his body and all these you know, sort of a he's he's got some Mike Evans to his game, you know, not as big a physical and listen, Mike Kevin's best underrated player this entire generation.
Speaker 1: So is that silly?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 9: I don't know we'll catch touchdowns in the NFL?
Speaker 1: Hands is?
Speaker 9: How long was that video?
Speaker 1: A spice rack was a little too long, But I want to know.
Speaker 3: I think everybody wants to know. I thought the video lengthg is okay, But you kept looking behind you and we're just is he on the run someone?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: You said you you let him know relatively last minute about this, and he needed a little extra time and the production value is great. He's wearing an Ohio State jersey. Not for that's sure who it is, but he's on a football He seems like he's on a football field. And then yes, he's looking behind him as if there's maybe a team that wants to use the fielder.
Speaker 1: So that was the delay.
Speaker 3: He drove two hours to a football field to do these videos. Yes, he's wearing a Bengals nit cap. You can check this out on YouTube if you've always wondered what the Spice rack looks like. But I hope, I hope there's no one following him.
Speaker 6: I just say this because we spent the latter h off of last season combining on our weekly picks for NFL Media. The Sessin Spice team went roughly like seventy eight and iconic. Yeah, I think it was like seventy eight and six was our record on the stretch.
Speaker 1: Hed you guys didn't finish even in the top five out of a top.
Speaker 3: It got bad enough and I reached out internally to see, like, are these guys in last place?
Speaker 1: And the guy that runs it behind the scenes, I can't give you that info.
Speaker 6: And I was like, ooh, that well, because that would have been incorrect because, like I was also told by text on a weekly basis, like these are the most entertaining. This is like kind of the the core entertainment aspect of these picks that come out is like what you guys are cooking up? But listen, like so Jared verse, like we're we're in lockstep right there, and that's great. Spice Rack has a pretty pristine record when it comes to the prospects.
Speaker 5: And is an interesting guy that, like people thought in October was gonna be like a top fifteen pick, And yes, it has kind of become the trendy thing that like, eh, is this guy?
Speaker 1: Is he really athletic enough? Can he be?
Speaker 5: Like are you gonna have to put him in the slot because he's just like this big guy who can't win on the outside. And some of those guys haven't done well in recent years.
Speaker 1: But then again, like DK Metcalf and A. J. Brown fell to the.
Speaker 3: Bottom of the second a little fun for Mike Evans, what do you call him the most criminally underrated player of the generation? Interesting, good conversation piece, good sega idea there, Spice Rack, you didn't even know you did it?
Speaker 1: Criminal? Yeah, underrated players. That's good.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break and we will be back with one more round. All right, we're back, Uh one more time, Let's go one more time around.
Speaker 6: Go on, Mark, I'm going to save my running back stuff till later because I like a couple.
Speaker 3: When later, because we are later in the week, not today. Yeah, saying, don't bank it for later in this show, because this is it, my friend.
Speaker 1: No, no, this is I. I.
Speaker 6: Yes, we got started late. It's certainly an independent of that. It just feels like time for whenever the two of them are ready, I'll be happy to offer another player. You just let me know when when you'd like that to happen.
Speaker 1: You're finally, I'll wait. I'll wait for you to tell me.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm picking someone that probably doesn't go early in the draft at all.
Speaker 1: Like more mid rounds and like again, it's just like I don't know, you're watching.
Speaker 6: One hundreds, like mid round from the Sessil linebacker Notre Dame Marris lea Fau and like this is because I was looking at the here's how I try to dessarch players, like who is like the toughest, nastiest hitter in the entire draft, and this guy's name kept coming up over and over, so then I went and watched him, and it's another guy.
Speaker 1: It's like my old brownson.
Speaker 6: Like this guy's just gonna wind up on the Ravens or the Steelers and he'll start as like a backup rotational linebacker, but then they won't be able to keep him off the field. Like I mean, he has like an aura of complete and total ultra violence to him. The speed, it's kind of like I think the linebacker position, even like when you're young, it's like who's the kid on the team can like then suss out seeing through a bunch of bodies where the ball is, where it's going, what's happening with the play, and he has like a laser beam heat seeking ability to get to it.
Speaker 1: He is really like his speed. He's a guy that can go kind like.
Speaker 6: Wire to wire across the field if like a quarterback's trying to scramble out. I'll never forget when Johnny Manzel in one of his in his first start against the Panthers, We're watching Wesnum, We're watching it on a Sunday, and Manziell this like lauded speed guy out of college tried to get to the edge and some Carolina Panthers defender just like ran over and blew him up. And you knew that Johnny Manziel was never gonna be good in the NFL. He just you just knew it. And this guy can do that to quarterbacks, to people on the edge, like they're just something about his game and he got PFF called him the hardest hitter, and list has said that when he comes down hill, he comes downhill with bad intentions, and that's how I would label him too. He's fun to watch and he's gonna it's gonna be hard to like keep him off the field.
Speaker 1: I think if he can stick because he's not a huge guy. But he's not He's six two thirty four. He's fine. I was not familiar with this man.
Speaker 5: I went to go check Dan Brugler at the Athletic HASM as the the number fifteen linebacker projected fifth to sixth round. So this is a deep year, it is, but planting you find the number. He has him as the number two linebacker from Notre Dame.
Speaker 1: I like that, but every draft you have to find people like this, right, I mean, so I don't know. I just like him. I want to see where he It's a.
Speaker 3: Hot and cold review from land Zierline on our NFL dot com draft profile.
Speaker 1: I don't doubt it. Like I again, I like I said these seasons violence.
Speaker 6: He's a mid round guy, but like the way he plays, he's gonna like he's The NFL is almost like scared of his playing style.
Speaker 1: I think he Mark's got that soft side. I love that. We heard in Duality of Man the sound direct, but I love him. Mark also knows violence. Loves that too, Yes, loves it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go more basic and just Rock Bowers, to me, is another guy that maybe everyone's overthinking. To me, it's just it's fascinating that like he would not go early in part because he's been so good from the minute he showed up. I mean, a guy who can show up on the national champion team and as a true freshman like dominate against Alabama and lead them to a national championship and put up numbers. And people are like, well, you know, Kyle Pitts hasn't hasn't worked out, and all these first round tight ends like that hasn't worked out. Like that's just this is from the same people that would say sample size issues when you're talking about a guy who throws ninety to one hundred packs. This is like, it's just a couple of different picks.
Speaker 3: In fairness, Greg, I don't think people are saying, after what happened last year when we had a lot of impact tight ends, come right, that's a little bit of a that narrative has been put to bed a little.
Speaker 5: Bit, okay, But I think they're pointing out that the guys are Okay, that was in the second round. You can wait and like if Sam Laporte had been a first round pick, that makes them somehow better. Just anyone that can show up and have three seasons where you're the number one target. Lad mcconkey's great in all, but like brock Bauers was their number one receiver for three straight years on an elite elite team and he produced like crazy every single season. Like why don't overthink it? Like I get the whole like contract thing of like tight ends, you're not saving as much money because if you take them twelfth, that actually is a contract that's similar to a top five to tight ten end. Like that comes into equation. It's like, but if you're right It doesn't freaking matter. You have to get the player right. That's more important than everything. And after you get pass like five, six, seven players in this draft, I don't think there's a player that you'd be more confident in is going to be a plus player.
Speaker 1: There just aren't many tight ends.
Speaker 5: He reminds me of Tony Gonzalez, because hell, aren't many tight ends that make you miss and can you can run over them. That's that's two things. You just don't see that that Like even Rob gwn Krause, he can't really make you miss. Like he can make you miss and he can run over you. That's pretty that's pretty special.
Speaker 1: Let's go to New York Jets. If the Jets took him, I think that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Well to you, Like what we're just saying is like Jets fans that are old enough, you're spooked by it because the Jets have had bad luck drafting tight ends high in their history.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because that was then, this is now.
Speaker 3: He would certainly be a scheme fit for the Jets at ten because if Rogers can play, and if you added an athletic playmaking tight end to that group, look out, they would be very different.
Speaker 5: Kyle Pitts was a special prospect, Like Bowers had more production in his freshman year than Kyle Pitts had in any of his years, and then he backed it up with everyone knowing it was coming like two straight more that I don't know it should matter.
Speaker 3: Daniel Jeremiah has him ranked number seventh overall. Bowers Jeremiah says, and maybe we'll talk to Daniel about this reminds me a lot of George Kittle, and I see him having a similar impact in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Well, sign me up. Yeah, what are we doing here? Let's just make it happen.
Speaker 4: Connie, Okay, one more, let me tell you a little bit about Rome Adoonza.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I love him, wide receiver from Washington. And I also picked this because he's been mocked a ton at nine to Chicago. So since I talked about Caleb, these two could actually be paired together if Chicago stays in that spot at nine doesn't move back. But he uh twenty twenty three First Team All American Bolitnikoff finalist. He started d end in high school before switching over to wide receiver his junior year. He was an incredible sprinter on the track team in high school, won the four A state title in the two hundred and the four by one hundred. But I loved when Apparently when he was six years old, he created a Facebook account with all of his mom's information and for his occupation he listed quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 1: And his mom's information the sign up. Here's the email. Okay, all right, I was.
Speaker 3: Thinking, we got resourceful in my eyes, kind of just need the email everything else, like you can just you've cleared.
Speaker 6: It, right.
Speaker 7: I haven't used Facebook because.
Speaker 3: He created Okay, so you create the account, but you do need an email account to thing, so you need to go you have to travel off site to activate with the link.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: Rome also spent summers on his grandfather's dairy farm, tall No when he was younger, but he would work right alongside Grandpa Wayne on the farm.
Speaker 7: Now he was named Rome.
Speaker 4: Because apparently his dad just really liked the Roman Empire.
Speaker 1: That's some had its merits also at strawbacks, and he.
Speaker 5: Ended up definitely a thing that like guys in their mid to late thirties get fascinated.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he watched a lot of three I would say it hearkens back to like elements of our society that are missing, certain like.
Speaker 1: Male Gary Cooper, anybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rome would say like, oh, it's a bit of a more raw time. You're not dealing with a bunch of nonsense.
Speaker 1: Nobody's afraid to go on the roof in Rome. No, that's fair. Put me on the goddamn roof.
Speaker 6: Let me get hit with a bone arrow, but give me a sword, give me a shield, put me on a roof.
Speaker 4: See, like, when I think of Rome, I'm not thinking about like Roman Empire and like gladiators and like fights at the coliseum.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking about pizza and pasta.
Speaker 1: Well they had that too, Yeah back then, quite good. So rodus think just think of the last lack of like toothcare back then.
Speaker 6: I mean to reg always does sort of like, oh, you're dead by thirty two. It's like, yeah, you're.
Speaker 5: Dead by thirty two, Like of your eight children died by the time they were two, and you have to just like like it's buried off.
Speaker 1: Roma.
Speaker 3: Dune Day is the number three prospect according to DJ and he reminds him love him, Larry Fitzgerald, come out of college, give me all you got.
Speaker 6: There's an incredible stat that PFF put about it because like, if you watch me, it's like it's contested catches.
Speaker 1: He's like, give it's nasty dirty, get dirty with the number. The girl, it's football, not don't take it somewhere else. Eric is on fire.
Speaker 6: He got seventy five percent of his contested catches this past season, and then when they've tracked four hundred and seventy seventeen seasons, that ranks six.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: I want you to can you play the Greg drop and then straight to the straight to the Spice channel for the last time.
Speaker 1: Now give it to me, get dirty, get dirty with the numbers, all.
Speaker 9: Right, spice track here.
Speaker 1: Three zero.
Speaker 8: Just list the rest of the guys in the list that I like. Michael Panic's lefty quarterback from Washington.
Speaker 1: This one's really long, by the way, you said, so.
Speaker 9: Field general, great, down the field general.
Speaker 1: I love it. Our agreement.
Speaker 8: Give me that guy riding pearsol receiver from took just a monster uh in in the slot even though he played plenty outside, which I think will help him.
Speaker 9: Imagine we saw a guy running in the slot every time.
Speaker 1: This guy's gonna be from behind with a knife slot receiver. I don't want to imagine that he's gonna kill you for talking to him. In the Kansas is a quarterback Jason Bean after a year.
Speaker 8: Or two was sent to Bean Doug to a wide receiver, and every time the quarterback got hurt, he came in and played great. And uh, you know, he's almost twenty five late bloomer, but he's also someone with a second chance at life, basically as a quarterback.
Speaker 1: So uh, like the backstories, I'm rooting for him.
Speaker 8: But he's he's big and athletic, and I mean he's a good player. Definitely likes throwing deep too. Always a fan of that. Lars Nevis or MeVis, however you say it, this is your favorite prospect in the in the in the whole draft for sure. Monster kicker, Yes, I saw him kick a sixty four years Missouri so kicks a kick a sixty four yard er right at the gun. That cashed me a nice money line. I can't even remember who they were playing, but Missouri was like Greg Cody Schrader running back Missouri, Big Missouri.
Speaker 9: Day, everybody, Uh ozark was a wildly.
Speaker 1: Over beautiful day in Cincinnati. That's score ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: Cody Schrader was like a Division III legend.
Speaker 1: Did you guys just hear him? Records the Division three.
Speaker 9: Heismans and uh tried to come up to the Division one level.
Speaker 8: He did not get a scholarship to the very end by one team Missouri, and he he led the uh the sec and rushing two straight years. And man, I could be wrong about that, but I think it's something like that. And so uh just I'm rooting for that guy for sure. And again, no bigger chip on anyone shore than Cody Schrader. Keep going, all right, My last guy is Jordan Travis, quarterback Floor Staate gets hurt a lot, uh or at least took suffered catastrophic injury in his last game.
Speaker 1: Brutal, brutal.
Speaker 9: All right, well, all right, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's not right.
Speaker 9: But he suffered a catastrophic injury to end his season.
Speaker 1: Don't laugh. Great stuff.
Speaker 9: And but he was coming along great.
Speaker 8: At Florida State and then started coming along great and just looking awesome and sort of getting that second chance at life. Almost too, because he was he was almost left for dead, but he wasn't. No one was looking for him to be anything. Special and then he really bloomed the last two years. So rooting for Jordan Travis too. And he's athletic, but man, he got folded up in that last game. All right, that's it again.
Speaker 1: I'd like to thank.
Speaker 8: Everybody, but especially Mark the Cessman, Sessler, Cesspice.
Speaker 9: Forever, everyone else, never or most.
Speaker 1: Of the time. It's good.
Speaker 5: We waited till the end there see and thank you, by the way, Thank you spice Rack. That was that was incredible. H Jordan Travis in the news, by the way, taking some visits at tom Pelisaire at the pell Racer mentioned but I I thought that was excellent and I like that he likes guys who have a second chance at I think he likes the underdog story.
Speaker 1: It's an angle. I think that was something him and Wes bonded over.
Speaker 5: I think Wes looked at it like a late bloomer, someone who fought his way out of where he was in life.
Speaker 1: I think him ice.
Speaker 7: Rack, I like everything except the Ozar heat.
Speaker 1: Never seen it, so I can't believe. I mean, I mean he took it down. Yeah, had a.
Speaker 3: I talked over his Prestige television hot take, so that that could be an issue for me and Spicy.
Speaker 1: We've had issues in the past.
Speaker 6: He's gonna fume at you and I see it and rightly as a sign of complete and total disrespect.
Speaker 1: I don't handing on your point of view. I think that's not your point of view his. But by that logic, Damn has disrespected everyone. Yeah, I probably have not by his point of view.
Speaker 3: Can we please keep in mind, sess Dog, that Spice Rack being on today's program. It's not you, sess man, it was me. So what better active respect for the Spice Rack than me having him on the program Today's You could says I value his input, you could.
Speaker 1: Spin it, wait and again.
Speaker 6: It's all comes down. It comes down to point of view. Send me a football. Yeah, all right, that's it. Thank you to the Spice Channel, always entertaining. We will be back on Wednesday with more football talk, more draft talks, some more guests. As we get closer and closer, Jesus take the wheel to the twenty twenty four NFL Draft. Connie, You've said it all, and yet you have one last opportunity.
Speaker 7: To say more things. That's great.
Speaker 4: I love you guys, and actually I didn't like when was the last time we were all in studio together, it feels like a minute. So it's nice to actually be back with all three of you in studio and no real tech diffs on my side at least today.
Speaker 6: Locked and loaded. There we go, Amie Honey in the studio is never a concern. She's going to give you high effort, she's going to give you quality.
Speaker 7: Oh ye, and I'll be on time.
Speaker 8: What is that?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Everybody? Thank you for listening. Until next time. You know what you gotta do. Heat the cap.